Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did.
Speaker 2: This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble.
Speaker 1: One of my bookies died at the Kitchen Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet.
Speaker 2: Without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 3: You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat.
Speaker 2: And now joined my bad Larry Shayan Irving and Dylan the graphics guy.
Speaker 1: I have friends.
Speaker 2: Here's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Hey, Larry, Hello, Dan, how doing well? We don't get to see Larry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: No, I've just talked to the guys about, you know, the gambling podcast for the next couple of months.
Speaker 3: And danaans to Bermuda to gear up.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I've always wanted to go to Bermuda.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an easy flight.
Speaker 5: I knew a guy from Bermuda. We called him Johnny Concrete because he was a concrete work I met him rehab. He was a crackhead, yeah, and I was like, how'd you get cracked in Bermuda like that? That's a pretty good score. And he had all the plugs. I guess it's pretty easily flown into the island apparently. But Johnny Concrete he used to I'll say they were. Probably I can get censored anyway if I tell the story. So all the censorship they do on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you say some stupid things that shouldn't.
Speaker 5: Be stupid is true?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Concrete I knew early dated. They knew it early dated. He would wear rubber concrete boots when he was taking her to town so he could get more grip on the carpet. He said it was the only way to do it.
Speaker 3: Johnny, concrete baby, that's actually a good idea.
Speaker 1: Called in Bermuda, Lou. He was a nut job.
Speaker 5: Really one of my best friends in rehab though, really good dude, just you know, don't let him smoke crack.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 5: He was like one of my best friends in rehab.
Speaker 1: How does he become your best friend or one of your best friends?
Speaker 5: You know, you do a lot of group sessions there, Danny, and you share a lot. You're vulnerable.
Speaker 3: Not a lot of options, not.
Speaker 5: A lot of options. We connected when they let us watch wrestling because of Stone Old Steve Austin. Oh yeah, we had a mutual love for Stone Cold, and it just blossomed from there. Danny.
Speaker 1: Okayd have you stayed in touch.
Speaker 5: No, I think he's back in rehab somewhere.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: He was a runner, Oh he was. Oh yeah, he'd run like a gazelle for like a decade and then take time off and then okay. Guy would smoke crack through a PVC pipe if he could just rocks.
Speaker 3: He was a machine. How do you go from Bermuda to wherever you were in rehabit?
Speaker 5: Well, they don't have rehabs in Bermuda. That's the thing is, you know, you don't have a rehab. Everybody's happy, go lucky, the island, sea breeze coming at you with some mangoes in the air. Everybody's happy. But not Bermuda. Lou.
Speaker 1: He was in the kitchen cooking it up. And were you in the kitchen with him?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no no. I was sober at the time. But I mean he was cooking it up in Bermuda and he didn't have a choice. So he went to rehab in the Midwest with me. You know, facility, a great facility, you know, really nice place, good food.
Speaker 1: What's the longest you've been sober?
Speaker 5: Ten years? Decade? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I run the good I run too I'll take ten years on, ten years off.
Speaker 1: Where are you now? I'm sober. I'm not doing any drugs or nothing, okay yeah? Or drinking drinking? No, no, nothing, okay nothing? Uh? Ray and Dylan are they're drinking white claw here? What about you bad? Larry? Are you having a beer at lunch.
Speaker 4: Again? I'm not a day drinker.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 4: We had a really nice the rooftop of reef and barrel last night for the Nick game.
Speaker 1: Oh good packed?
Speaker 4: So all wait till four thirty or five o'clock.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh, let's see recapping anything. Uh Shay, you didn't do anything last week.
Speaker 5: It was pretty good week for me considering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dylan, Dylan is minus twenty five. Yeah, like, what are you doing? You lost every bet last week?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Like I said, then that's hard to do. It does feel like I'm back at home though the week before I was up.
Speaker 3: I'm back.
Speaker 1: But am I asking you guys to gamble on things that you really aren't any good at and it's not fair to you? Like?
Speaker 5: Should we take time? I had a great year last year in baseball. That's Ray.
Speaker 7: I was up confirmed he was up pretty big. I think like double digit units.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I had a decent football season.
Speaker 1: Well I know that I'm talking about. Now are we do? We need to take a break from one another. We can bet on the Palestinian protests. I found a website, by the way, what are the like? We can bet on if they're moving graduations, if they're canceling graduations. I have the whole thing. We can bet on the presidential odds VP. I know there's things to bet on. I'm just saying, should we be stretching it as far as we're stretching it, well, like I'm going to mean football betting podcasts?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, And then it turned into a conspiracy podcast, did.
Speaker 1: Not It did not?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Truth telling podcasts want to be honest with everybody.
Speaker 2: Yes, so is this the season finale?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: And we come back? I don't know yet, I don't I don't know. I want to make sure that we're presenting a good product and that everybody is, you know, having fun playing to their strengths and like bad Larry doesn't know anything about golf.
Speaker 4: Once the NBA basketball season over, then there's really nothing to bet on until football again.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, so maybe we wait till the NBA finals. How's that yeah, regroup at the finals and go from there. Okay, uh so recapping bad Larry won three units last week. Now you're up to plus five.
Speaker 4: Well, so you're holding that horse bet against me. Okay. I thought those horse bets were gonna be got. I got myself four and one and then I lost them.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, one, you hold on, hold on, hold on. Let me ask Ray, Ray, did you include Larry's aqueduct pick.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the ponies are included with everyone. That's why Dylan's down seven units. His pony bets were included.
Speaker 1: We could take them out, Larry.
Speaker 4: No, I won the aqueduct bet. I lost the derby bet. Okay, so that's a push on my thing. But I thought I went four and one, mets one, seven, six, and eleven innings under the Knicks. First half was a loser. First to ten points was the next win over EMBIID was a win, and the Knicks to win the game plus three.
Speaker 1: They won a game out right, Ray, did you funk up again?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't think Rockney or Rotney or whatever won that race. When I looked it up today, it didn't say he even showed.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it won, And I went off at one to one, exactly what I told he was going to do, and it won.
Speaker 3: Okay, but that would still make you foreign two.
Speaker 1: But four and two or four and one two, Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Would have been four and three if the Belmont Race lost?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Wait, so is it four? You won four? You lost one? So that means you won three units?
Speaker 5: You won four lost two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because of the Derby bet, the Derby bet.
Speaker 4: No, well, then I won five. I don't I didn't count the horses and my thing. I won a horse bet that aquadalk and I lost the Derby bet. I don't care about that obviously. But then I was four and one in the NBA with the maps.
Speaker 1: Ray, would you clean this up so I don't have to every week? Every week there's always an asterisk by Larry always.
Speaker 7: And it's just Larry.
Speaker 1: It's nobody, no one else, no one else. It's always Larry showing up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you fixcept bridget?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: No? No, No, it's just not there.
Speaker 1: You're better than that, Larry, You're better than that.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 1: This is why I think we need some time.
Speaker 4: Away coming up and I'm not going.
Speaker 1: No, you can come up here.
Speaker 3: Traffic fine, Traffic is fine, is.
Speaker 1: That that wasn't the reason before that you didn't come up.
Speaker 4: No, I'm pretty busy, I know.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. The only time you're busy is when you're with your wife and your sister.
Speaker 2: That's it, Larry.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you guys know his Mother's Day weekend.
Speaker 5: You're going to be real.
Speaker 2: You got a lot of mothers to do.
Speaker 1: Split your time where Yeah, he's up there, Uh shay, let me see what you did. I don't know, did all right?
Speaker 5: I hit mystic Dan off the show, just so everybody knows. I hit it like a Northern nineteen point six to one.
Speaker 1: But you didn't let Ray know. Yeah, why didn't you let Ray know?
Speaker 5: I was you know, I didn't want to interrupt you, Danny, because you were talking and it was a great little monologue. I think you were talking about my podcast, which is always a great time. Yeah to hear you speak. Yeah, by the way, when are you coming on the goddamn show?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's not cool.
Speaker 1: I promised I'll come on. I just I think I need time away from you guys.
Speaker 5: I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm intoxicating, Danny.
Speaker 6: Everybody, you're soberly intoxicating.
Speaker 5: I'm a good time sober.
Speaker 1: I don't know, are you.
Speaker 5: Yeah? My words mean a lot more when I'm sober. My thoughts aren't as clear, but my words are.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have impure thoughts, though I have logical thoughts.
Speaker 5: My thoughts are needed for the nation.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, all right, let me look at the You know, there's nothing that Dylan. You were terrible, Yeah, like embarrassingly bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Lost.
Speaker 3: I kind of have a tradition of losing all the derby bets.
Speaker 1: You know, you're gonna gear up come footballs, all right.
Speaker 6: But you know what, after Friday at the CJ Cup, Hayden Buckley was in ninth and then he just didn't finish anywhere near top ten. But for a little bit then plus thirty five hundred.
Speaker 1: That looked yeah, but it didn't work.
Speaker 3: No, but that was that was the highlight of my bed.
Speaker 1: The people who might be betting off of your picks, don't go, hey man, you almost got that one, you know what.
Speaker 3: But they did.
Speaker 6: They looked on Friday and they're like, holy shit, he's in ninth. So for that little moment in time, and.
Speaker 1: Then they probably doubled up and they lost even more money. Probably, yes, Ray.
Speaker 7: But if Dylan's really bad, you can just fade him and then make money you've got.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be in the middle.
Speaker 1: He's just yeah. But see every time you think about doing that, then Dylan's all of a sudden, You're gonna go and hit six out of seven.
Speaker 3: You got to know when to hop on or off the train.
Speaker 5: Dan, You hear that, Larry hopping on and off? You like that train.
Speaker 1: That leads us to bets this week, Larry, I'm gonna start with you, okay.
Speaker 4: Tonight the Celtics minus to.
Speaker 1: Thirteen and a half, thirteen.
Speaker 4: And a half, okay, And I want the MAVs money line. Yeah, I think the mask got to win the game.
Speaker 1: There some five point underdogs, okay, So.
Speaker 4: MAVs money line over the MAVs at to eighteen and a half to eighteen and a half and over Kyrie's points. My site doesn't have player props out and a half. Twenty three and a half for Kyrie. I'm gonna stay with it because I'm gonna be rooting for him tonight and then tomorrow. I want under in that Nick game.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got two twenty three and a half for the Knick spacers under.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want that under is og playing? Does anyone? I haven't seen anything.
Speaker 5: Today I know, but I yeah, I doubt if he's gonna play, But I don't have anything official.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to say, well, you said that you doubted he was. No.
Speaker 4: Again, I was in a rooftop bar, so I didn't get you know the second half of that.
Speaker 1: Nick, Okay, what do you like? Oh my god, you were on a rooftop You went a rooftop bar. Why are you bragging?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not bragging. I'm just saying I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you just say I was at a bar onting the Knicks, Like you're on a rooftop.
Speaker 3: Bar in Jersey, so you're probably looking at like a water treatment.
Speaker 4: No, because you can be loud and you want to watch the game with other people. It's just me and my wife here. She's not a big Knick fan or an NBA fan, so I go out and watch the games and we had a great crab last night. That's what I don't know.
Speaker 5: Any WHOA.
Speaker 1: Now all of a sudden, yeah, three you are I think that your your side businesses your side Hustle is doing pretty well. Thanks for this podcast. You're you're picking up friends groups only fans subscribers.
Speaker 3: That's actually what we could do over the summer.
Speaker 4: Oh, what do you mind? Last night had a three?
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa what?
Speaker 4: Three three leg parlay? Call him John McCain, John McLean had a little three leg parlay. He had heart. He needed twenty points. I think Hard had nineteen, was six minutes to go in the game, never scored another point, he lost. He was screaming last night.
Speaker 5: He definitely hit a three with less than six minutes left in the game.
Speaker 1: You know that probably brought him to nineteen.
Speaker 4: That got him to.
Speaker 5: Wait.
Speaker 3: Your friend's name is John McLean, like from Diehard.
Speaker 4: That's not his name, But can't he might not allow in the bar last night, so I can't say who it was, but he'll know who it is when he hears Sehn McClain.
Speaker 1: Awesome, We thank god, that's great. Our audience is so entertained by that. Who could John McCain be your claim be down in Jerseys Seagert All right, Dylan, give me some bad golf picks.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 6: Jake Napp top ten plus six hundred at a good finish last week.
Speaker 1: He's the former bouncer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he got he looks he looks like he like a bouncer at like an SEC college.
Speaker 1: He swings hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, he's got the mullet.
Speaker 1: He can hit it a long way, long way. Of course you're not gonna do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm damn go ahead. I have a sister.
Speaker 1: Here goes sun Jmujm.
Speaker 6: Top ten plus four hundred damn short odds. Actually, but you know he's he's getting his game back together. Dan, and I'm hedging my son JM top ten with Seawoo Kim top ten plus for me.
Speaker 3: That's you got it like one Korean ten.
Speaker 5: That's my Korean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welly borrowing him for this week.
Speaker 5: That's not fair. Not a lot of bar Koreans.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows that I should have asked you first, racist anything else?
Speaker 6: Dialing, yep, I got a parlay the four NBA games tonight and tomorrow. Calves plus thirteen and a half against the Celtics, Thunder minus five against the MAVs, Pacers, minus seven against the Knicks and Nuggets, plus four and a half against the t Wolves plus twelve hundred and then a few NHL picks. I actually I do have my Rangers series bet that is very much alive. Great game, Yeah, that was awesome. Rangers canes under five and a half. They've been lighting up the scoreboard. So I'm fading that Avalanche money line against the Stars plus one hundred and Panthers money line against the Bruins tomorrow minus one twenty five.
Speaker 1: That brings us to Shane Irving.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Baseball America's finance. I got the Twinkies laying one twenty should be I got the Cheaters plus one thirty five, and I got the Angels plus one twenties. Today the Twinkies game is Finn pop off here probably before momentarily was that the Astros the cheers? Yeah, okay, sorry cheers Basketball. I got not just one parlay. I also have a single bet MAVs plus five, and then I have a MAVs h plus five and then Indie money line parlay. I don't have the odds in front of me because I've been I would running late. Danny had a busy day.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, we waited for you, waiting for you for you know, twenty minutes late came in with his sunglasses on.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny is every time I came in here drunk, I was on time, and then I come in sober.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, It just seems like I should be back to drinks.
Speaker 3: You're saying it might be derailing your life.
Speaker 5: It is. It is. My life has become unmanageable sober. When I was drunk all the time, it was very manageable. I was probably better on the podcast too. But here we are, come three hours early, here all day.
Speaker 1: I haven't done the radio show yet, Shay. I just remember coming in and you guys would be surrounded by white claws. Yeah, and I go, oh my god, oh yeah, that was great.
Speaker 5: You know that everybody says you feel better when you quit drinking. That's a fucking lie. You don't. I don't feel better at all, physically, not one bit smarter. No, No, it's bullshit. If anybody's thinking about stopping to drink, don't. And then I got my Korean god Zira plus plus three twenty for the top ten. That's my Korean. He's gonna beat Dylan's Korean. And then the North will never rain again.
Speaker 7: Yes, Ray, this is a risk, but who is that is that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Anybody see Shogun. No, yes, fucking awesome. I heard about sam Or you got to see it, Danny. It's worth you see the original one? Yeah you did.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I rented the original one from a library when I was stoned. I was probably like twelve, and I rented the whole series and I watched them, just got ripped and watched them and then you know, there was like seven tapes, and I watched number seven before number six, and so I fucked up the ending. It was the worst day of my life, like I just it ruined everything because of marijuana. It was bad. Twelve was twelve? Yeah, twelve or thirteen? Yeah, I started ripping it young, Danny. I know, you gotta deal with my parents. He ain't met him.
Speaker 1: I feel for them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my mama, she's insane. I'm gonna see her in July.
Speaker 1: Maybe ever stopped by.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not doing that. They're coming, yeah, absolutely, no, they're coming to the States. Yeah. Yeah, they're gonna be in Texas.
Speaker 1: Were are you allowed back to where they lived?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It might. Wow, they roll out the red carpet for me. It was like a returning citizen. They loved me in Germany. No, you were asked to leave by your family.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you met the government.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, the government loved yeah retreated. I thought you meant like the government. No, they love me. There my parents. They have not invited me back. No, okay, they have not.
Speaker 1: Shay a Irving podcast, By the way, It's available wherever you get your podcast. I'm gonna be on it one of these days. I'll give you a heads up because I might just show up. That's cool one day. The roommate's been cooking really well. Marriage is good, she's very happy with my sobriety obviously, but you're not. No, it's lame as hell, but you gotta do.
Speaker 5: What you gotta do. Danny and your daughters, they don't notice. They never knew when I was drinking. Oh, they didn't know, Danny. I'm such a good drinker, Like you wouldn't know. I'd drink all day. Ask Ray and Dill, and I'll drink fucking twenty twenty five drinks and just be fine. Start doing math and shit, I'm good to go.
Speaker 2: I'm great.
Speaker 1: I'll do the alphabet backwards like I'll fucking do a cartwheel.
Speaker 5: I'm good to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, but what would I notice? When you started to go off the reservation there a cocaine.
Speaker 5: Everybody would notice. That would be obvious because that would just I would over up real quick and just start, you know, talking. You know, I used to read the Dictionary when I would smoke crack. I would just open it and just read word after word after word for days. Why, I don't know. You know, crack does a hell of a thing to you, Danny. It's the best drug in the world.
Speaker 1: Those are some motivating people right there.
Speaker 3: They don't have any money, but that's not going to stop them from you never.
Speaker 5: Stop that hostle.
Speaker 2: Every day's the super Bowl and a crackhead is not going to outwork me. No, Nope.
Speaker 3: You could have been like the spelling bee.
Speaker 5: I could have done well, I'm not You could.
Speaker 9: Have finally dethroned possible. Yeah, we have one, stupid that's colonial revenge. They will never give up that crowd. Some Patel jokes on you white.
Speaker 3: He's like he's like six years old. Jaesus cracks.
Speaker 5: They have completely ex communicated white people from spelling bees. That is one thing. That and like one hundred meters dash that white people are not allowed to participate.
Speaker 3: That might be the dynasty of like sports.
Speaker 1: Slash using the Pultzer. I mean they're on a run.
Speaker 3: That's true, that won't stop.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: The movie what is it? Bad Words with Jason Bateman. Yeah, that statements. There's some laugh out loud moments in that.
Speaker 5: I don't think you could remake that money.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you could. I don't think I don't know if you can.
Speaker 3: There's a number of those from not all that long ago.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, the whole world turned on his fucking head in twenty fourteen before that shit got funny? Did you see Seinfeld his appearance? First off, the movie was supposed to be awful, but he had an appearance on a podcast where he was saying why TV sucks today versus you know, when he was doing his shit, Because when TV, when you ride an episode, it has got to go to the whole writer's room, who are all you know, Columbia graduates, and then it's got to go to a committee after that of producers that are scared of getting censored or canceled or whatever the fuck. So everything's just lame and corny now right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Seinfeld was kind of lame in corny.
Speaker 5: Totally totally agree That's just his point, and his further point was the reason comics are making such a big comeback right now because they're all fucking getting paid right now. They're selling out stadiums everywhere. It's because there's no committees and they're saying the craziest ship like Shane Gillis and dudes like that are saying the craziest ship that you'd never heard in the last ten years. But we all grew up here, so it was just an.
Speaker 3: Exposure renaissance of sorry, correct exactly.
Speaker 1: Thank god Larry's still there.
Speaker 4: I'm there. I'm just thinking, how are we not talked about the Tom Brady roast. They kind of put the wheels off that.
Speaker 1: That's true, that was good. I didn't think it was great.
Speaker 5: I like the dude with the belt buckle, Yeah, yeah, he was, he was. I don't know why Kardashian was there at all.
Speaker 6: And did you see I saw something It was like on TMZ that they were like they like edited out booze.
Speaker 5: They did, they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you're Tom and you reportedly got paid five million dollars he did.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I figure roast me, motherfucker. Oh no, of course he had to get paid. Why would you sit down? He didn't need the publicity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's kind of this is his attempt at being like, I'm human, I.
Speaker 5: Swear right, not a robot.
Speaker 1: He doesn't look like.
Speaker 3: Dollars either.
Speaker 5: He was not good on camera.
Speaker 1: No, weird. No, how about getting left for your wife's jiu jitsu trainer, like your jiu jitsu train your wife to another woman, or to your jiu jitsu woman all day.
Speaker 5: This has happened to me, Danny, this has happened. You've lost two different women, but not you weren't married to No, we were banging, but hanging hanging out like like like Larry were taking road trips in national parks to tell you that. And they never invited a woman to the bedroom or nothing. But like right after we broke up, they would full lesbian and everybody was like, oh, man, you turned her gay.
Speaker 1: The way I looked at it. The way I looked at it.
Speaker 5: Was she got the pinnacle of men, and there was no greater man than me, so the only other option she had was the opposite sex. Therefore, I went, yeah, happened twice.
Speaker 6: I think it's because if you wear a jean jacket from behind, you could kind of look.
Speaker 8: Like, all right, okay, that's fair a tall ros o Donald.
Speaker 5: From the back.
Speaker 3: A gun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she probably does for a spatula once again, Cucumber, do we need to separate for a little while?
Speaker 1: We wait until after the NBA Final.
Speaker 5: I don't know how you stopped this magic, Daniel.
Speaker 1: I know I haven't gone right now, but okay, bad Larry. Are you still okay with doing this for a little.
Speaker 4: While until the end of the NBA? But then after that, I think we lose. I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's nothing to bet on, Okay, so we'll do it without Larry.
Speaker 4: I enjoy talking to you guys, but I need gambling.
Speaker 1: Okay, I need but you know what I'm gonna get. I'm gonna give this some thought. Okay, I'm gonna give this.
Speaker 3: Some thought and backup plan only fans for the summer.
Speaker 5: Yes, like and subscribe.
Speaker 1: Uh it's a Shanan Irving wherever you get your pot podcast. Uh, it's Dylan the graphics guy. It's bad Larry joining us from Jersey and uh. Also Marvin is here and Ray the producer. So that's it for this week and uh and good luck with whatever or whoever you wager ard, may God bless mm hmmmmmm