Speaker 1: I bought the cheapest toilet paper just to kind of I felt like, I was like, it can't be that bad if it's mild, because I'm right now.
Speaker 2: I'm just I know, Jack, time you've been to an elementary school like that, well, I mean, for legal reasons, that's a hard question for an answer, I'm not allowed to answer that. Yeah, no, that's so for a church, I feel like they have like some of the worst. I have a big day. I got a big day, So for me, it's for David. You know what I mean, Ain't it ain't it ain't institution Jesus dude.
Speaker 1: The amount I look like I'm in blood sport, like I'm Van dam wrapping my knuckles with it because it's I do so much for it to maintain its structural integrity that I'm like, what the fuck have I done. I'm using more of this shitty one than I would the good ones.
Speaker 2: I'm just finding that balance.
Speaker 3: And using the bidet. You're like a brand new a kid who's never smoked a cigarette before. You're not used to the horrors of toilet papers, so I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been.
Speaker 1: I've been on that bid day life for years now, so like I've always been pretty loosey goosey with my toilet paper because again, it ain't for it ain't hard, it ain't for the that ain't the job of it.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, there's like two ply three ply, like one is bad, and then there's like, you know, we're getting into decimals. Yeah, but then it's like Department of Corrections.
Speaker 3: It's measure, sand paper, grit or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, like honestly, like free napkins from the fast food restaurant. Yeah you know what I mean. Yeah, it's stretched out napkins, it's unfolded naps. No, I'm saying these are that napkins are better than whatever the fuck I got is like this looks like tracing papers like went on ozempic.
Speaker 3: Just designed to immediately put your hand all the way through.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, it's spider webs. Our toilet paper is made of spider wet. Oh, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, eighty eight, Episode three of Dirt eieys. Hi guys. It's a production of iHeart Radio, and it's a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. Oh good, put the towel back over it. Never mind, nobody's cleaned this steam room in decades. Is the shit grown on the walls, it's spiderwebs. It is Wednesday, May fourteenth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's National Decency Day. Wouldn't know anything about that. In this country. National dance like a Chicken Day, National Buttermilk Biscuit Day, National Reception is day, National Underground America Day.
Speaker 2: I thought that was for like backpack hip hop, but I don't think it is. No, it is that splunkers. No, it's for people who have are into some form of underground architecture across North America. Okay, so people who literally like build subterranean homes like some crofton chat. I feel like that's that's a great that's a YouTube rabbit hole that you could disappear down. Oh so to speak, no pun intended. There you go. So Jesus Christ, you New York Times framed from auditioning for NPR and you're nailing it. Damn we'll shout out to all those things. Guys were almost through May. I feel like this is what once May is through. I've blamed everything up to this point on the the month and year, and I think once May is done. June's gonna be our our month. Guys.
Speaker 1: They say June bloom is part of the thing here, so you know, let's hope that doesn't actually apply to our existence.
Speaker 2: My name is Jack O'Brien, aka you. You claim that I peed, but I said it's wood or ice? But I said it's wood ice. That one courtesy of Lacaroni on the Discord piss lyric specialist. Hell yeah, hell yeah, hell yeah. Uh huh. It's like one of those artists that just has their very specific thing ed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right. Lacaroni is the ed RuSHA of the rockco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the rockco rocoss Aks.
Speaker 2: I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 1: Hey, Miles Gray Gay, the Lord of Lankersim. You know me as a showgun with no gun. I'm still out here in the valley, just just prowl in the streets in ninety eight degree heat. It was actually really nice this weekend that we had such a massive heat.
Speaker 2: With Yeah, yeah, yeah, not bad. Yeah, keeping it simple. Do you plan to dance like a chicken today to honor the holiday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I almost Yeah, I think I'm gonna dance like a chicken on National Dance Like a Chicken Day.
Speaker 2: Most would describe my dancing as foul. So yes, I so to speak, no intended, miles. We're thrilled to be joined in air. Third No More is very funny comedian actor, writer, improviser who's special spiritually filthy? Uh is very funny and you ought to go check it out right now after this episode. Not right now, but like soon, it's more. What's up? And we did just sneak it on more. I didn't tell him he was gonna be on the episode, so we just scared him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, jesus, I just had one of those hot couch naps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from before you went to sleep on the couch in a way that doesn't make any sense. Wow, Wow, nightmare that ends abruptly and you're like that even mean, that's fucking weird. Great to have you here more. How are you doing Heck?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm doing great, you guys, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: It's like to be back. Yeah. How you dealing with the heat, dude? We're doing good. I'm I'm loving it.
Speaker 3: I'm a I'm a nighttime boy myself. So being the skateboard liaison for this podcast. I did a little night skate last night, and as I call them, hot La nights.
Speaker 2: Oh there's nothing better. Just sip in that ocean Spray Cranberry listening to dreams Basley Wood Max.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just longboarding down into So you were longboard No.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: But that dude, the ocean spray guy, very powerful?
Speaker 2: Is he okay? Now? Like I don't think he's doing.
Speaker 1: Do you always worry about those people who get like that, like huge focus from the internet for like two weeks and then you're like, did they survive? That?
Speaker 3: Dude that the everybody's gonna be famous for fifteen minutes needs to be changed to eleven seconds?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, yea, or yeah, six seconds from the days of vine.
Speaker 2: I'll be pure bliss in his eyes while drinking what I have to assume was an incredibly large Cranberry vodka. Yeah, just just so much joy. He was on the top of the on top of the world at that moment.
Speaker 1: He was reservation docs. He he was on reservation dogs, that's right. Yeah, he made an appearance in rest So I think he's that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Nice dude.
Speaker 3: Well, he had the charisma, like I could see him parlaying that into a career.
Speaker 2: Oh hell yeah, hell yeah. Look Nathan Appadocca, dude, we salute you. That's Nathan Apodaca, dog faced two eight bro incredible, Well mort thrilled to have you here. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we are going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We are going to talk about why all these fascists want to be artists. What is it? We got another one, another, another one. They all have visions of being musicians, of being I think a Donald Trump's case was probably like stand up comedian slash yeah show. I think he I bet he loves Rickles. Yeah, like I be.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's like I get it done that because yeah, just you're just terrible to people on a stage.
Speaker 2: Just reduced it down to that. That was Rickles just be a dick to everybody all the time.
Speaker 3: It's that's how all those dudes process Wrickles. They think, Yeah, that's the exactly. Oh I'm an asshole. I should probably stand up.
Speaker 2: Also, I have hatred in my heart. Yeah yeah, uh so we'll talk about that as well as sampling an incredible l P from one of these guys.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of tracks that on one cat they pulled another one of his tracks. There's there's two tracks plus the debut video. There's a lot, there's a lot of material this guy.
Speaker 2: Just like what if like a right wing Trump person had only ever listened to like future And who is he? Kind of SoundCloud? He's kind of maybe it's definitely mumble chorush. Yeah, you know he's he's he's melodic with it. Yeah, yeah yeah. Which taking with the Democrats, we will look at the hottest new thing in game shows, which is basically squid Game. It's like, it's not Squig Game, the game show on Netflix. It's Squig Game like but for real because it's mister Beast and he is above the law and incredibly famous and can just get away with whatever he wants. All of that plenty more. But first mort we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history? Search history, you guys.
Speaker 3: I hate to say it, but I'm still looking at a small convertibles and I just checked out a BMWZ three that's forty two dollars, and then I had to look up what a rebuilt title means and I don't think I should buy that car?
Speaker 2: What is a rebuilt title? It's worse than salvage? Jesus? What's that? No? So, yeah, what does that mean exactly?
Speaker 3: I think it just means that the car was entirely destroyed. I don't know how they got this thing. Look, it's so amazing, but the car looks goddamn great. But yeah, you know what they say, if it's too good to be true, then it's probably great, right, isn't that?
Speaker 2: Oh? I see. It's when a car was previously deemed a total loss by an insurance company and then given a salvage title, but was later repaired and deemed road worthy. Yeah, hell yeah, road worthy is all I need to hear. Seaworthy, road worthy, James worthy. They opened their sales pitch with have you ever heard of the thought experiment? The ship of theseus? So this was a total ship? Is it even really that same car? Way?
Speaker 3: So it defies philosophy.
Speaker 2: Let me just sit down with you for good forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: So is it the same car? Yeah, it's the same fucked up car actually.
Speaker 2: But so you got your eye on a small little convertible yeah, I want a convertible hot rod coop while I live in Lost that I want like a cheap little convertible to drive around.
Speaker 3: It just seems fun to me and of the age where I'm like, it's definitely a mid life crisis. But again, like is it a I've had a crisis before. This isn't a crisis. It's like to hobby, a hobby to.
Speaker 2: Mid life jaunt to midlife little adventure. Thank you guys for supporting this. Yeah. Man, as someone who just started DJing again, I'm not going to shoot on anybody's new midlife Yeah, I say the problem is when you work DJing, you know it was no. I mean it's funny. I always qualify when people like, oh it even up to I'm like, I actually started DJing. Like what.
Speaker 1: So many people go, oh, I'm so sorry for your wife, and I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: I'm like, actually, you guys, said DJ Vinyl, like, they weren't your friends then they weren't your friends. You don't need friends like that, we're your only friends.
Speaker 1: But I need my mother. She says it the most. Your mom is like, oh my god. Again, of all.
Speaker 2: The people I know who have tried their hand at DJ and you you have earned it, you know music, well we have. Actually it makes sense.
Speaker 1: And it's like Daniel DJ, producer editor, Justin DJ and then who've also been pivotal.
Speaker 2: In my in my road back to DJ, so shout out to them. Also, yeah, yeah, small convert I'm just picturing you tearing around the PCH and a small convertible, listening to the boys songs about tearing around the PCH and a small convertible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, it's only yeah, it's only fifty surf rock for me.
Speaker 2: That's oh yeah.
Speaker 3: What is something he thinks underrated? Hot take, guys, and hear me out on this. I believe love is underrated. And here's here's what I'll say about it. Let me let me finish, Yeah, let me finish. I know this is a hot take. It terrible for a comedian to suggest, but here's the thing. So love is like saxophone solosm So in the eighties every third song had a saxon solo. So yeah, and it was awful. So now no one uses saxophone in popular music at all, but they forget about like John Coltrane and shit right, like saxophones music and the same thing happened to hit Right, they talked about love and everybody hates hippies. So now we've all decided that love is annoying, right exactly. But what Twitter is is what human interaction becomes. If there's no love, it's just neo Nazis and nerds screaming at each other.
Speaker 2: On an infinity each other. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I'm I'm I'm turning it around here. I'm taking a stand. We need a little bit of in this world.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that. Yeah, I hard disagree. What's something you think is boo take? What is something you thinks overrated?
Speaker 3: Waking up early I think is absolute bullshit. I think every evil, especially when you consider like corporations and the laws that have created them to support them just to be money eating machines that exploit people, all of that stuff was created by people who were awake before six am.
Speaker 2: I guarantee it. Yeah, they've been doing all that work while we're sleeping in. Yeah. Does they invented AI while we were sleeping in?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 2: Dude? Does it count if they're on cocaine the night before and are merely just up before.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, the cocaine people actually just want to be normal late night people, but they're not allowed to be who they are. It's like you with the DJing Miles, there.
Speaker 2: Was some period and by the way, have you tried cocaine? Hey, that's what this djings? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, if you don't live your dream, then you decide, ah, shit, all right, I guess I gotta do a bunch of cocaine and start a business.
Speaker 2: You don't want to start a business. You want to be a poet.
Speaker 3: You just don't think it's acceptable socially because you're your dad.
Speaker 2: You don't have to think a bunch of money. And you've like sort of completely mischaracterized the connection between you being on a cokehaive, like this is the person I'm supposed to be. Yeah, yeah, all the sayings about like time of day, I feel like we're invented by people who sucked shit. It's like the early bird gets the worm. The I have heard I think the first place I heard the quote like nobody nothing good ever happens after one am in the morning. I think I heard that on Cops when I was like a kid, Like I've heard it since then from people just being like, I go to sleep at a reasonable hour. Nothing good ever happens after one am. And yeah, it's just fucking a bunch of cops telling us when our bedtimes are. Yeah, man, a bunch of fucking cops.
Speaker 3: And I'll say so, I have attention deficit disorder, just like every other person under fifty. And what Apparently there's this theory called the night watcher theory.
Speaker 2: You guys heard of this, no?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Supposedly, the theory is that people that have ADHD are descendants of the people back in the day and the tribe who were tasked to stay awake and survey the horizon. Which is why I feel most comfortable watching an action movie at like four am.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 3: I'm like what I meant and which is also why when everything was on fire out here, when I had to stay up all night and keep an eye on that app that told us whether or not we needed to leave the area, that was my super Bowl. Like, I've never felt more of use in my life.
Speaker 2: This is what I was built for. By the way, you're very comfortable watching an action movie at three in the morning, and like, that's what was happening with your descendants I feel like they were bad, bad guards because they were just sitting there watching as people were being murdered and killed. Shit, your ancestors were like, yo, just on this side, weren't.
Speaker 3: You cooking a popcorn on the stove and world Star or whatever?
Speaker 2: I do you have any more? Butter off? Guys? The raiders are here, the ship that would have been so tight and bullet time? What is bullet? What are bullets? Even?
Speaker 3: Is Joe PESHI for a little comedic relief that people just flodd.
Speaker 2: I have notice when I get really bad sleep sometimes and I'm very tired the next day, I actually have like a peace of mind that I don't normally have because I think my brain can only like focus. Like there's this theory that I've heard when people like talk about SNL, Like the reason they have like such like the way they write SNL is like they stay up like all night and like try and write the whole show in like two days, and like the theory is that that's when your brain is like too tired to like edit to you know, edit itself, and then you get like weird ideas coming out. Yeah, I feel like I have a version of that, where like if I stay up really late and like don't have good sleep and I'm super tired, I actually just feel peaceful. It's it's also like, I, you know, I don't drink anymore. But there are studies into lack of sleep that it's like, you know, when you haven't slept, you like, if you're going on three hours of sleep, that's the equivalent of like having two drinks. And these are studies that aren't saying like and that's cool. They're saying like, don't drive if you haven't slept. But my takeaway is like, all right, man, that's why I feel pretty good. So the closest I get to two drinks anymore in my life, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like not I don't have the energy to be anxious or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, that's right. Yeah, my brain is like, we don't have the energy to fucking worry about that today. Let's just look at what is directly in front of us. Let's get let's get back to work on that open my stand up set. That's right. Hell yeah, all right, Well, let's uh take a quick break and we'll come back and we will talk about some noos. We'll be right back and we're back. Mmm, and we another day, another story about a right wing person who is trying to have a music career. Where else have we seen this mouth everywhere? Fucking everywhere?
Speaker 1: There's so we talk about Maga singers, Maga rappers, Maga writer like Shapiro wanted to be a writer, and so many writer Yeah boring, what's this David Boring or Jeremy Boring from the day dare people.
Speaker 2: He's also like a failed Hollywood guy. There's so many Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Failure people like in the right wing And shout out to that one guy though, who was pretty gracious, who was at that Maga fashion show who we were critiquing their performance, and he would DM me and be like, I saw I've heard about you mentioned me on the Dailygeist, and you know, I think, yeah, yeah, the guy who was like a dancer sing and we're like your lip sync track went off. He's like, I wasn't lip syncing. I'm like okay, okay, and that's okay and that yeah, yeah, yeah. He DMed me, He DMed me and I and I did not reply.
Speaker 2: But this guy, we got a new one. Now.
Speaker 1: This the spotlight is now in Michigan State Representative Josh Schreiver. He is technically a state legislator, but he was stripped of his literal physical office staff and committee assignments when he just started posting a bunch of awful racist shit on Twitter. And also not to mention, all of his politics are just generally just abhorrent, like he's anti gay, anti choice. He said he's like anti porn because it's heroinner. So he said, it's like heroin or something. I don't know, he you know, if the targeted by this stuff exactly, and it's probably not whatever pornography does to your subconscious that you're trying to suppress, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's probably unrelated.
Speaker 1: But anyway, basically it seems like having no other task in the state legislature aside for like literally all he can do is just raise his hand to cast a vote. That's don't even fucking talk, dude. What do you got to say? Is it yay or nay?
Speaker 2: Full and don't say yay yay again to try and get your rection. No, yay, your nay, Oh fine, yay. He's working, I guess full time now on his SoundCloud wrapping.
Speaker 1: And if you didn't know, you must have missed his debut video last year called I Kissed a Boy and I liked. Wait no, it was actually called The Conservative Code. And this video again, it's like some fucking like hype. It feels like he may have been raised on like hype Williams videos because it got kind of a cinematic intro where he's in a coffee shop and then like gets a phone call and like that takes the.
Speaker 2: News from the news. Here is it's the news, Hey, it's the news. You got a second, bud.
Speaker 1: So Here he's in the coffee shop, sitting down. The dorkiest ring tone ever, this.
Speaker 2: Is yeah, while you're being reported as the most conservative lawmaker in Michigan. Honestly, the best thing would be for me to just show you. Okay, show me.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna cut forward. This is where he talks about the conservative coke.
Speaker 2: Does it make sense? Avaluate?
Speaker 1: The don't sense, dude.
Speaker 2: His he has zero drifts, zero like his selection security. He's like wrapping into the microcaper, into the camera with his eyes closed, like not not in a not in the way of like somebody who's really feeling what they're singing. Yeah, in the way of somebody who can't make eye contact and therefore just like has their eyes closed because they're so awkward.
Speaker 1: He's like, if I can't see you, you're not there. And I am rapping in my video, my own video, and I'm standing on a fine year because like we've seen before, like people try and rap and be like, my name is Joe, and I'm here to say that I call it.
Speaker 2: It's so weird to hear that. But like with like SoundCloud, give it up. Like it's like, are you could you think you're Cardi or something? Yeah, I'm really bratty tight.
Speaker 3: It's like, dude, if I had to do an impression of somebody that only had hip hop described to them ten years ago.
Speaker 1: He's even posted He's like, they say I'm racist, I'm actually just a white rapper, so go ahead with your attacks.
Speaker 2: He's like, what does that even mean? Wait? Why does he think that is why people are calling him racist?
Speaker 1: I No, I think he was saying that his defense against being described as a racist is that he's a white rapper, which tracks in the mind of a racist who would be like, but I'm a white but I'm a rapper.
Speaker 2: That's a black thing. Why would I do that if I'm I can't be racist if I'm a rapper. Oh, he thinks that that's the ultimate trump card, like having a black best friend. I guess, but he based on this he has no, he doesn't know anybody, but he doesn't wear black clothes wearing a bunch of tan colored ship. He just dropped a fucking new LP. Yeah that's right. Yeah, we're going full. It's actually kind of a concept album if you listen to it. Yeah, yeah, it is. It is. This one is called call on God and My God. What this is the the first bar bro it goes off. This is ok this is what Drake has brought. I feel like, here we go. I just took some pre work out.
Speaker 4: I should lift faithfulness replaces down. Okay, okay, I can stop myself from doing what I not do. Oh, self control is what the Holy spirit will produce.
Speaker 2: Okay, what what do you ought to know? What is he fighting? When he says what you ought to fighting? His demons? Man? What are those demons? Guy?
Speaker 3: I'm trying not to jack off the.
Speaker 2: Porn he's trying to ye, He's just trying not to jack off. Fire up my cove and eyes let down. My pastor. Much to his surprise, what was it even rhyme? He's He's just it's yeah, man, it's so I just took some pre work out, dude. I just think some pre workout. I just took some pre workouts. Like I could see that being like a Kanye rhyme for like from like twenty tens. You know, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what. Then he just goes directly into like Amish Paradise style ship where it's like, not the thing you ought to do, me, ezeki, make sure we don't check off by watching each other through covenant eyes. Has Shorty swallowed me like that whale did? Jonah?
Speaker 3: My man, Jesus nail up on the cross. It's also like it borrows from country music where they just named like pop country, where they just name things that they're doing. How like I got a dog in a truck or whatever. This guy everything before.
Speaker 2: Dinner in a truck. This is I think, Jack.
Speaker 1: You pointed out a little section around the one minute mark that you felt was really going hard.
Speaker 2: I actually kind of like this, Okay, let's jump to this it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Josh, what the actually, I know you're talking about the part before I think he goes I might have to go a cappella.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's what he does. It's okay.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, sir, that's okay. I got for that to be a cappella. Okay, rock appella.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the people who sang though We're in the world. Is Carmen san Diego theme song rock appella? Yeah, it's it's not it's it's not great. This is another one on Wancett. They were like the place that he's like hosting the album. He's like, I keep when he released LP, he said on Twitter quote, I've given a lot of thought to releasing this album on mainstream platforms, but that went out the window when I came across some.
Speaker 2: Other fucking platform I've never heard of called untitled.
Speaker 1: He's like, this is by far the best, but you can't really like download or it's really hard to use. I guess so someone who is that Robin Panaki Wancett just recorded it with her phone off, like playing off the computer. This is another track called Jesus Wept Oh oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Grass in April done.
Speaker 4: Unless I'm thankful separating my station connected to.
Speaker 2: The I am is this can't get us a takedown.
Speaker 1: I mean only from christ you know what I mean, because it's not like this guy's on a label. The only label, yeah he's rocking is Nazi, but yeah, this is uh yeah, it's just.
Speaker 2: Again he's like the all he do.
Speaker 1: He like the last thing he was really in the news for was trying to ban gay marriage, and there was like a shut up, you barely even have office anymore, and he's like, fine.
Speaker 2: Think, here's my new rap album I've been working on.
Speaker 3: This is a Kyle Mooney character.
Speaker 2: That is exactly who it is.
Speaker 5: Or Jesus, I might just go off on you think he's probably drank Lean just to like hell, you know he's never tried you drink Miles.
Speaker 2: No, he's not worthy arts.
Speaker 1: Rather than use the measuring cup on Nike will he free swug at once, He did a free swig without measuring it and he called that lean and.
Speaker 2: That's started like leaning over me in the couch a little bit. He had a long nap. No, no, no, I don't think he's doing it like correctly, but I think he has tried. I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm saying you have to get prometheasy like Lean, you have to get a prescription for you have to know the plug to get lean unless you have it prescribed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He he is directly opposed to every aspect of hip hop culture, every part of it. That's why he sounds like that.
Speaker 1: Part of this also feels like a door that Kanye West has opened up with his like Jesus weird, problematic Jesus pivot. But I'm also a Nazi at the same time, But I'm also saying praise Christ that like it's like there's like this weird lane now for Nazis to also praise Christ and Hitler at the same time.
Speaker 2: The point because I was.
Speaker 3: Thinking, like, oh, maybe this is a little bit innovative because no one's done that before. But there's no way that this person is capable of any artistic innovation.
Speaker 1: So you're absolutely right, even progressive takes or just copy and paste bullshit from the right wingers.
Speaker 2: There's a quote going around on Twitter. The Youngian psychologist Marie Luise von Franz wrote, people who have a creative side and do not live it out our most disagreeable clients, they make them out and out of a mole hill fuss about unnecessary things. Are too passionately in love with somebody who is not worth so much attention, not so on that is so harge, there's like just sitting back being like you're into her, setting down she's not that great. And this is part I like there's a kind of floating charge of energy in them which is not attached to its right object and therefore tends to apply exaggerated dynamism to the wrong situation, which I think is an interesting way to look at these people. It does suggest that they had some higher artistic purpose, which I don't think is necessarily true here. I think it's like a version of that where I could have been a great artist. Is like a idea that is like for a narcissist to just like fixate on that idea, like it's just so comfortable and like spacious and like you never have to really test it and so like, you know, you just like the idea that you're like special, like that I think everybody has when they're like children, and then like the process of becoming an adult is like oh, we're all like part of a whole. Or you could stay a narcissist and like find a place to just you know, be like I'm actually I am spent. I'm actually the greatest artist. I'm a I'm a generational talent, and that's pretty I just took some pre workout. It's pretty hard to crack that because art is subjective, and so they just get to sit back and you know, believe that they're a generational talent. And it's a great place for a narcissist to just like chill out and let their narcissism go unchallenged, which is.
Speaker 3: Why they can't ever make it to like actual artistic heights, because true art requires like constant humbling basically, like actual artistry involves it's almost all failure, and when you're a narcissist, you cannot experience failure, so you just walk away and pretend like but I think everybody, like everybody's creative in some way, and that doesn't mean they're good at it, like children's finger paint. It doesn't mean that they are fucking great at it. But the thing is that these people, I believe, because they can't stand any sort of femininity, which is required for balanced expression, get they get that like fucking abused out of them real quick, so that this happens.
Speaker 2: You know, this is a very unbalanced person.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, meanwhile, you fire up your fucking your audacity screaming into the mic.
Speaker 2: I just took some pre workout and go call what the fucking bars. That's what he's thinking. He's like, yes, that's where he sees this going. Yeah. Yeah, he's like, I'm already I'm a hot ninety seven. I'm talking to funk Flex some pre workout. We call all the fucking bars. Yes, thank you, thank you, funk Flex. You saw me, you saw me. Yeah, it's again.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: They will continue to just kind of keep doing this whole thing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that is a good point about, like, truly, like anyone who does anything creative, the like, whenever you're inspired, it's because you see someone.
Speaker 2: Who is so on their game.
Speaker 1: You're like, bro, I'm not even close to this, and that inspires you to be like I have something to like direct me a little bit more creatively, Like I'm inspired by the fact that I've been humbled in the presence of this this person's art, and it's not to be like I'm gonna hang it up.
Speaker 2: It's like, damn, that's dope.
Speaker 1: They're They're fucking so many other levels I can hit creatively, and I want I'm chasing that. But yeah, if it's like I got it all figured out, Okay, I just took some pre workout, then yeah, fine, for sure.
Speaker 2: This guy is like, my rap's pretty easy, Like, which is it was such a profound misunderstanding. He's just as good as Cardi. Yeah, yeah, what if I said for real, I'm gonna be for real? You're like, Okay. He just starts releasing Cardi songs and being like, I can't I came up with that. Yeah, he's like in Detroit a Milli Rock. Hello, You're like Detroit you Milli Rock? Hold On? Is that Magnolia by Playboy Cardi? But you just yeah, I hear he says in a song when I see you guaranteed to be an ICU. He's claiming that he said mad Hose asked Beavis, I get nothing, butt head?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Is that that's big l styles?
Speaker 3: I gotta I gotta pitch for him. That that is better than anything he'll come up with, which is his wop is a white ass politician.
Speaker 1: That's a hit, dude. Yeahs. But then he's but in the video, he's like dressing all sexy and thought he like Cardi did. He's like I'm that white ass politician. They're like, wait, what.
Speaker 2: He's trying to tour? Okaysh, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, and we're we're talking about that, guys, because like I think, you know, so much of that style of rap is about drugs, and like the closest that he has ever gotten to drugs is pre workout, which is just caffeine. Yep, it's just like caffeine that people they work out. His lean is pre workout. His lean is pre workout. Let me, man, I just took some pre workout.
Speaker 4: That means that I should lift.
Speaker 2: I guess that means that I should lift. Wait, no, what do you mean? Don't you take? Is that what it means? Or did you drink the pre workout? I should lift? Also, at no point does he work out. No no, no, no no no, no, he ain't working out. I guess I'm gonna work out on this beat. He's just working out them thumbs on Twitter.
Speaker 3: He's also got that sort of He's from Michigan, so he's got that vaguely Canadian accent, which makes it even more embarrassingly white.
Speaker 2: I just took some pre workout work. At least he's not doing a black scent. I will give him that. He is a little though there is parts. There are parts where he tries to put a little swag. He just took Jesus swept. Maybe let me hear curse. No free, I'm gonna leerve person being.
Speaker 3: The birth surfing.
Speaker 2: No, that's bad, not that, not that that would be impressive to actual black people. We see it life, you'll have some dips.
Speaker 4: I can stop myself from doing what I.
Speaker 2: Ought not, do you know I want? I bet in his mind he's like, Bro, they're not gonna even know I'm white.
Speaker 1: Ye, this ship like it truly is like we're saying, like this young yat psychologist is talking.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, dude, they won't even know. Yeah, he's gonna shock everybody when they see the video. Yeah, when I take my clan hood off at the concert, they're gonna be like, and that was me if they thought they thought you thought I was from Compton, but guess no, I'm from the Detroit suburbs. All right, should we talk, mister beast? Should we talk the most famous person okay, currently alive? What's up to? So he did that squid Game show, like that was just un ironically, no satire, just being like I thought squid Game was cool and I'd like to do a squid game And he did it on Amazon because we live in Hell, and it was like the biggest hit, the Amazon's most watched unscripted show with fifty million viewers. Granted, I don't know of a single other Amazon show that's unscripted that the thing they do. I just don't care if it is. Yeah, I mean the only other Amazon original that I can be like out loud will be like that failed Lord of the Rings thing, And I know there are other shows because I know there. Oh in the High Tower was that Amazon? Yeah? That was a that was a reality coup of Yeah. No, yeah, wasn't that like kind of what it's looking like now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't know, Yeah, I guess reality. No, no, no, I mean this feels like the kind of thing you're like, And we're gonna go big with the biggest insufferable fucker for mister beast.
Speaker 2: I also do the story about how we were at We were staying with my wife's friend and their kids were like, do you know mister you live in La You met mister Beast, and like all they cared about was mister Beast. Missus YaST exploited you, Like, hell, that would be so cool. They also they were like, he's the richest person in the world. Did you know mister Beast? Like it was just it was like one of the kids was like the age that where you should be obsessed with dinosaurs, and he was just obsessed with mister Beast.
Speaker 1: Some guy named Jimmy from North Carolina who has a lot of money. That's come on, what happened to real? But I used to look up to fucking Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: That's right. Well he so he is like for people who aren't familiar, a huge YouTuber who like makes people do or like offers people big sums of money to do a challenge. Yeah, like you in a grocery store for seven months straight. Yeah, and another one was really pushed on me for many months. Oh may he makes four people pay for being poor, that's right, right, Yeah, in a in a roundabout way, they make them suffer even more than it already is suffer.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's the equivalent of being like, I bet I get those two guys to fight each other. For enough money, right right, right, And so he launched a Squig Squid Game inspired reality show. It did well, and then Amazon just held their upfront where they like announced their upcoming programming, and they announced two more seasons.
Speaker 1: Jesus I started watching the first season out of a more big curiosity, and I was just like, this is the desper Like it it's really done to really be like, how fuck it can I break these people by gangling money in front of them, like because or some challenges that would like you can get a bunch of money if you fuck everyone else over on your team, and they just keep upping the stakes to see if someone will break that. There's like one dimension of that to one of the challenges, And very quickly I was like, this is not even interesting. Like I get that there's money on the line and you're trying to create some tension here, but it really was not that actually interesting given the premise and the amount of money on the line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's this this thing that we always I've always been afraid of the certain type of rich person whose favorite thing is to watch people lose their dignity.
Speaker 2: Right right, what's your problem? That sounds cool to me, I'll do anything for eleven grand.
Speaker 3: That's why if you waived any amount of money in front of me, i'd fucking I'd live in a bomb shelter or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for seven months straight. So some people were a little surprised by this, considering that the first season sparked a class action lawsuit from contestants, contestants alleging that they had been subjected to chronic mistreatment and sexual harassment during the production uh and that they were put in dangerous situations. The suit also claims that Beast Games has a one hundred million dollar budget. Again, that's a lot of money to spend. The show failed to pay minimum wages and overtime, failed to prevent sexual harassment, created conditions that subjected contestants to infliction of emotional distress. This is all in the lawsuit, did not provide participants uninterrupted meal breaks or rest breaks, and exposed contestants to dangerous circumstances and conditions as a condition of their employment. Oh I'm sorry, you have to do this dangerous thing, or you're like, it's your choice. You're not going to be on the show if you don't do it. But yeah, I feel like mister Beasts are like, oh, I'm sorry, you pussies. Do you know what squid games is? Do you think they gave them little bathroom breaks? It's life or death for this cash. Are you in or out? Fuck out of here? That's the thing. I'm sure that's like was probably the law, just like no, let's let's try and keep them going, let's try and get more. And they're like, that's illegal now. Because these are people that you are employing. You can't just be like no meal for.
Speaker 1: Them, no rest, because it'll make better TV. Then they find themselves way better.
Speaker 3: I would only watch mister Beast if the politician from our first segment did the theme song.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's I mean, given Jeff bezos pensions to please the right, we may.
Speaker 2: Not be too far off ALMOSTO. Do you think this is like like dose feel like Bezos ideas too, where he's like, yeah, mister Beasts green lighted another two hundred million for him for a show, like because he's like in his mind he's like I'm the fucking next BA Bikers some shit or whatever the fuck like billionaire logic where it's like, yeah, you should be glad that we're giving them the chance to win this money. Right, you're welcome. I think it's what you mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost like Bezos is using mister Beast as his like conduit for this kind of thing because it's Jeff. Because we know Jeff Bezos loves to make poor people score him too, So it's probably like, yes, and now I have a show, but mister Beast catches all the fat now and I get my jolly's from producing it.
Speaker 2: This isn't super surprising. There have been other lawsuits from former employees, and he's basically a robber, like a YouTube robber baron. He literally started his own company town in twenty twenty three. That's always it's always a red flag for where somebody's like kind of psyche is headed when they just create a place that is surrounded by only employees, like a Graceland or a never never Land or you know what I mean, and they all never Land ranch. Yeah right, yeah. Buying an entire street in North Carolina with the intention of moving his staff into the homes. I think that's nice.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Look, he gives us everything. He's a job creator. Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly exactly, child creator and child namer because we she signed that right over to him when we work for him. But yeah, I like he's most popular with children, which is kind of a problem because like a for instance, one of the episodes in the first season of Mister Beast was sponsored by money Lion, the high interest personal loan company was all over that first episode. Yeah, like that was oh my god. It was just like out of nowhere. You're like, okay, we get it. Money Lion fuck viewers were encouraged to scan a QR code in order to win four point two million dollars in a money Line's Lion sweepstakes. And again, these are high interest personal loans being targeted at children.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, like, well, if fifty million viewers, probably they probably weren't all kids.
Speaker 2: Or people you know, susceptible to that kind of thing, right, you know, it's fifty percent between the age of thirteen and twenty two, making for a really distressing example of how young people can be lured to debt trap loans. That is, in many ways, that's what he's trying to prove.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's also as close as they could get to calling a place predatory loans incorporated.
Speaker 2: Lion Fucking whatever. Money Lion Money, Lion money, lion, you know, the most famous predator. Why what what don't tell me you're anti African? Yeah, you hate animals. I get it. God, I hate I hate that for you. I hate to tell people about that. He also just has like granted, I grew up on some fairly shitty toys that were from you know, the like he Man, but yeah, kind of the those shows like started from the toy and like backed out of it, so they weren't that bad. Mister Beast has these toys like I don't even know what the fuck it is, Like mister Beast Lab Swarms Mega Lab Pack, and it's just like little shitty like the sorts of little like plastic toys that you would like put like get out of one of those like machines where you like put a quarter in and like spin it and it comes out in like the little plastic egg. It's just like six of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like leppymeal toys were more disappointing somehow, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like someone was just like in there in his like biz dev like department, was like, what are some cheap fucking toys we can just like slap a mister beet slogan on. They're like, what about these like tiny fucker things in a tube and just call them mister beasts labs sword.
Speaker 2: Like again what it?
Speaker 1: The way it's even talking is like twelve micro beasts inside experiment to create your swarms? What they're little of Like ape holders can use multiple slurp juices on a single.
Speaker 2: Ape exactly, That's exactly what it is. It's getting children ready for the economy. Again, he's doing a service.
Speaker 1: So if you have one astro ape and three slurp juices, you can create three news for your beast lab.
Speaker 2: Like fuck, got he? What?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: One hundred plus to collect. There's also just question marks all over the packaging, which I think they're they're using to be like mystery, but in fact just feels like what the fuck is this shit?
Speaker 3: They're legally required to put question marks on there because they have no act not.
Speaker 2: There's a lawsuit. They're like, you're on here, we don't even really understand what the intent of this toy, so you know, how can we be held responsible? Yeah, you saw the question marks. Also the picture of this dude on here, he just looks like the third guy in charge at the most boring fraternity on campus, like the goatee and the lack of charisma. Is he feels again like that fucking like the SoundCloud right wing rapper. I feel that's what mister Beast looks like. He's got the vibe of like that kid at the college party who's like, my dad's a dentist, so I can get a bunch of nitrous oxide for this. Yeah. Nobody's like, dude, we don't want to do any more night dress.
Speaker 3: And he brings it anyway, and everybod's a huge tank.
Speaker 2: He's like, dude, help me roll this one in. Dude, this one was fucking heavy. Bro anyway? Is it cool? Fi party with you guys? Like man? I guess like that was his way into social life? Is breeding? You guys don't know of this guy, No one knows him. That's whose house we were at.
Speaker 3: We got to take him to the at him.
Speaker 2: He kept trying to sell me like some like a bunch of swarms or something. He just apparently this is what I'm reading. It says you use the test tube, add water, cap the tube and shake it to accelerate the fizz action reaction that reveals the swarms. What the fuck, dude, this is nothing. These are shrinky dinks. Yeah, they're the monkeys. What are the monkeys that grow? What are the sea monkeys? Yeah? Sea monkeys. Yeah, well, I mean the kids like my nephews, who are you know, twelve and ten? Gladly by this guy's like fucking chocolate bars and oh my god, just so every the last two halloweens, I was blown away by how much of the candy was mister beast candy. Yeah, oh wow, you live in a nice neighborhood, man, Yeah, mister beast candy. Yeah, next level dude. Yeah, sorry, man, I hate the brag, you know, but heavy flex I get that, mister beast candy. You know that tastes like a shittier version of a Nesley crunch bar. That's right. Well more, it's been such a pleasure having you as always on the show. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me, dudes at mort Burke for the socials. Uh yeah, listen to rebrand my podcast with my lovely comedy writer, video game superstar wife Ashley Birch, who's the best, and my buddy George and I are doing an hour at the lyric hyperion out here in LA this month, I believe in the twenty third. So come see that if you're around nice.
Speaker 2: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying? Yeah? What do we?
Speaker 3: Uh, here's an interesting story. Once in a while, I'll just tweet a friend just a funny tweet, you know, like I'll see a funny tweet. And one of those was getting my dick sucked at this webinar. I thought that was funny, and I tweeted it to my friend, but instead I accidentally tweeted it to my all Right, I texted it to my mom and here's what she said. She responded with this, well, we've all been there, which is so funny. That's the funniest. That's she's suggesting that not good.
Speaker 2: Not only does she know what a webinar is, but she doesn't said she got her dick sucks there and tweets about it there. Hell yeah, that's good. That's good material by your mom. Yep, she's a funny lady. Miles. Where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: H yeah, yeah, find me everywhere at Miles of Gray and uh you find us swear oh yeah, Miles and jackot Man boot.
Speaker 2: I'm like, where is it? Because the season, this season's over in my mind and now oh man, Jason Tatum getting hurt? I know, no like this, No, like I wanted to be fair and square, to be honest, I know, like this. I'm also find me talking ninety four to twenty fiance work at media. I like is definitely check out Wort's podcast and his wife's podcast.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, do you I hope I hope people know if y'all don't know who Ashley Burches get fucking familiar?
Speaker 2: Okay, you ever heard of fucking Alloy? Motherfuckers? You know what I mean? Sorry, I'm sorry? Did I do that? Drop it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: And then I know you didn't want to drop him more. But I fuck with the video games and I know who the fuck Alloy is. Y'all are fucking playing around here. If you like the Horizon games, that's oh my god, that's right there, dude, for it's.
Speaker 2: This is god.
Speaker 1: It it's goded for anybody who understands Getty video games and the work there.
Speaker 2: Anyway, some posts I like on Blue Sky.
Speaker 1: There's one from Michael Lutz at zt U l dot sky do ont Social.
Speaker 2: Posted dirty deeds. Oh, I bet they're really expensive though, what's that you say? Another one is from.
Speaker 1: L I A and leanne Elsie dot Skoyto on social posted can girls have thirty dollars if they're a gift from Qatar? It's getting better on blue Sky, getting better and better every day.
Speaker 2: I tell you. You can find me on Twitter and blue Sky on Twitter at jack underscore o Brian on blue Sky at jack Obe. The number one I enjoyed. Let's see a tweet that said from PJ haven'ts tweeted, I'm so happy grocery stores keep their Beatles magazines near checkout because I always forget to grab one while I'm shopping. Why is I wonder what the numbers are behind they're doing, no guys, because it's all the elderly who likes still shop in grocery stores, right, And like that rack is purpose built for anyone over the age of sixty? Nice? I feel like that would be a good like compliment for sexually harassing. So that rack is purpose built build anyone over the age of sixty? And what is that you mean? Purpose built for? What? I see? Some old guy sexually harassing someone perfect miss, I'm gonna throw some commemorative Beatles magazines on there, because that rack is purpose. Carter Hambley also tweeted, tied to railroad tracks Haha, hear that, you fucking idiot, that's the rescue train. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeys, We're at the dailyes Geist on Instagram. You can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and there you will find the footnote, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think the people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: Nah, Yeah, of course, just some just some jazz. Actually, this is a jazz group. I believe they.
Speaker 1: Are maybe from Western Canada because in their bio they talk about how they're three time nominees at the Western Canadian Music Awards, so I'm guessing they're from Canada. But just super dope jazz, like really viby, like new jazz if you like, you know Robert Glasper kind of stuff that vibe they're they're they're doing it. This is called Contact by the group Astro Color. This a little jazz for your hump day.
Speaker 2: There you go. We will link off to that in the foot note. For Daily is a production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the heart Radio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you listen your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all day. Bye bye peace.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zeite Guys is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by Bee Wang
Speaker 2: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by j M mcnapp, edited and engineered by Justin Connor.