Speaker 1: It's nine O Gen one Engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling. Oh mg, you guys, this is it. It's finally here, Ellen, we made it. We are gonna see some crazy you know what in this episode.
Speaker 2: Tory, are you okay?
Speaker 3: Are you O?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm okay. My arm's okay. But poor Donna gets this is the moment you've all been waiting for, gets pushed down the stairs by Ray.
Speaker 1: Oh Ray threw it be gone?
Speaker 2: For how many years? Almost thirty years, people have been going around Rancho Los Palmas looking for those stairs.
Speaker 3: Like trying to recreate that scene.
Speaker 2: The moment that ruined Jamie Walter's career.
Speaker 1: And and and you guys, the end, Amy go ahead. You love to talk about it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I loved it, hated it, loved to hate it. But Brandon and Valerie are fully making out. And it was like shocking, shocking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it made my head like spin on my neck. It was weird. But we're gonna see it.
Speaker 2: Let we talk about it all.
Speaker 3: Oh, we do it.
Speaker 1: Let's dive right in, you guys, Okay, you guys, Season five, episode thirty one, ps I Love You, Part two, Aaron May twenty fourth, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: Synopsis. Dylan finds himself at the edge of death when the Mafia movie investor tells him he knows who killed his father. Steve finds himself making out with a man, Brandon is on the brink of giving into Valerie's advances, and Donna finds herself falling hard. Oh thanks, Terray.
Speaker 1: Directed by Victor Lobel, Written by Larry Mullen and Chip Johansson. Oh okay, mm hm, ten's gonna be good. Ten ten. You can't rate it yet, I guess you can.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how to begin. I mean, I guess. I know we started to dabbling it last week, but maybe we just go through all of it from wherever we left off.
Speaker 1: I think we were off.
Speaker 2: I think we left off like at the pool party.
Speaker 4: The pool party, the like get out of the pool and put this towel around you, which was just like, oh god, no, come on, no.
Speaker 2: Young guy is doing that. And if he is, it's the biggest red flag on the planet.
Speaker 4: Wait for red flags now, s guy Ray, Bless his heart, but he's a mess.
Speaker 2: And the fact that y'all thought you could clean him up and bring him back and people wouldn't hate him. How did anyone they say it like we did? It feel like your dad maybe thought that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm thinking so series regular for.
Speaker 2: Being so smart. These producers were not smart thinking that anyone would accept this guy to be one of the gangs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, every people love Donna. They don't want to see anybody hurting her. They don't want to see anybody hurting any of this core crew. So yeah, it makes sense we didn't we leave off with Donna and Ray horseback riding though, Oh yes.
Speaker 2: We did, You're right. And it was so hot and he had his double shirts on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that really bothered you because.
Speaker 2: I'm just always hot, So I always just feel for anybody that I'm like, god, they just look hot.
Speaker 1: Well that's where Ray gives her health over the way she is dressing and says that he is not high enough on her list of priorities.
Speaker 2: First of all, do you know what I wanted to say? She told you it was gonna be a really busy weekend, but that you should come and have a good time. This guy's such a like every party has a pooper. That's why we invited you, Like Ray, pretty sure, I'm done with him.
Speaker 1: I mean, Donna, why did you invite him? This is going to go back?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, we've talked about this.
Speaker 1: This was just the wrong move, Like she if I just start calling you, Donna, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: I respond to you know, I just she set herself up here, she said, everybody up. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we've all gotten ourselves into positions like this where we think it's going to be great and then it is backfires.
Speaker 3: It's I mean in a big way.
Speaker 2: When you're watching this, are you sort of as mad as I am at how terrible Ray is? Like, what are you feeling?
Speaker 3: I'm so in the middle of it that I can't see that?
Speaker 2: So you still have, like you could sort of understand why.
Speaker 3: She liked him, hmmm, I understand who she was at that age and how she was like susceptible to men influencing her. Yeah, even Donna then how she was able to And I can't get out of it any other way because it was the only journey I knew. Oh wow, that didn't go down that way, right, Like if it didn't happen that way, it would wouldn't have been part of Donna's history in her journey.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even this, even because.
Speaker 2: I'm watching it was such a different feeling about Ray than I did thirty years ago. I think I thought he was cute and I love that he could sing, and I was like he's now I'm like, this guy sucks.
Speaker 3: He sucks.
Speaker 1: AnyWho.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: We find Brandon, who is now hungover in the pool when Claire and David finally arrive, and David Brandon that he and Claire walked in on Alison last night at the bench House with Kelly.
Speaker 2: Brandon called him Dave like nine times he did. Yes, He's like dadda And I'm like, Dave, Dave is the code word to save yourself from a like rapist? What is this? What?
Speaker 1: What Dave's a code?
Speaker 2: Remember when Torri Remember when Donna said, I'm okay Dave and that was how.
Speaker 3: Dave need him that, Like no one calls him Dave And.
Speaker 2: Then Brandon's just calling him that from the pools.
Speaker 3: Willy nilly, like it has no repercussions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it matters to Dave's if you call them, if to David's, if you call them Dave, And imagine Dave's if you call them David, it's really yeah.
Speaker 2: And I also did enjoy that scene. Though I thought I thought it was good, I'm like, okay, this is juicy. He's sort of telling him he felt obligated to tell him.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, he's telling Brandon that, but he won't tell Donna that Ray cheated on him with Valerie. I'm not getting Oh my gosh, that is moral stance.
Speaker 2: Here, literally such an aha moment that I did not think of till you just said it.
Speaker 1: He walks in and just flab of blabs about Kelly.
Speaker 2: Who's really not even doing anything.
Speaker 3: No dinner you guys, because it's more personal than other, like he already cheated on her, Like now he's gonna tell Donna someone else cheating on her, Like it's.
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm really realizing though, WTF right, Like if Dave David is so chill to tell Brandon this is like the love of Brandon's life and he's just like, sorry, dude, she's with a girl. Yet he won't tell his best friend and ex girlfriend that she's could be getting like a sexually transmitted disease from this.
Speaker 1: Guy and the girl that he actually loves. He really loves Yes, you think he jump at the chance, screw like, it's screwy that.
Speaker 2: This guy's cheating on you. And here I am, it's weird.
Speaker 1: You guys want to go to the sorority panel?
Speaker 3: Sure do.
Speaker 1: Lise Martin, mommy is hosting a panel, and she brags about being an elitist. What a great speech. Donna walks in, uh late from her horseback ride. Oh and police calls her a Johnny come lately.
Speaker 2: It looks it looks could kill. Police was like dagger eyes straight at Donna.
Speaker 1: Aren't you a Johnny come lately?
Speaker 2: I can't unsee that Pelice Martin is married to Dean Butler from Little House on the Prairie. I literally can't get it off my mind now that I know it's I don't know, Folice sucks.
Speaker 3: Also I know she does.
Speaker 2: She sucks. She's so dumb. Thanks for saving her.
Speaker 3: Ray.
Speaker 2: I know we'll get to that.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then we see kind of this turn in police where now she Ray is like her.
Speaker 3: Guy, her tool that she can use to manipulate Donna.
Speaker 2: She thinks, Yeah, Felice needs a lot of therapy. She's like a mess.
Speaker 1: Soom springs palm Springs Resort. Kelly's on the phone and she is talking to Brandon right at the resort. Is she on the phone with him? And we cut to Brandon and the k guys doing stupid prank calls.
Speaker 2: He just does, oh my god, oh my god, Yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 1: About this, hearing like a Brandon. She doesn't even know who this guy is now all of a sudden, First.
Speaker 2: Of all, can we just talk about the prank calls?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know any college dudes. Then are like, you know what we want to do right now? Like we have all the alcohol we could want, thousands of girls who golf. Yeah, let's sit around and make bad prank calls.
Speaker 1: It was so imateure was that show on at this time?
Speaker 3: That show the crank Guy, Cranky Anchors. I loved nut show show too.
Speaker 1: Maybe we're just as a material Brandon and Steve.
Speaker 2: It was so like, just one level above is your refrigerator running?
Speaker 1: Wait, what's the rest? You better catch you, you better catch it.
Speaker 2: Ivon a tinkle to a tinkle?
Speaker 3: So I feel like the guys always said of on a tinkle on set? Wait, what was that? I remember?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: They did?
Speaker 1: They had they had This is a terrible. And I remember this one, did Richard you can call me dick Zenya. You never heard that one.
Speaker 3: I learned it from them, like, oh, they loved saying.
Speaker 2: Literally, they're just playing themselves, these guys, they are just truly playing themselves. Oh my god, Jenny.
Speaker 1: I kind of like I liked it. Kelly did not like it, though, Oh so funny. And then Brandon says, oh, come hang with the guys. Oh wait, you don't like guys an Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, first ouch, I'm also what not first of all not even true. Great if it would be true, I wish you would have kissed her right, I would made this episode even juicier. And like, Brandon, what's wrong with you? Right now?
Speaker 1: He's a drunker? He says, Kelly, you like women? Now?
Speaker 3: I think he's so funny.
Speaker 2: I'm my god, to me, he's just gonna like him too.
Speaker 1: He's a little loosey goosey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like it. But I would just be running to Dylan, although he's sky high in a gondola about to die, like it's just a mess.
Speaker 1: And then there's old Val coming in to tell Brandon that she got them a room. Oh my god, it was weird. Kelly says, you can, you can have him, and she walked away. I don't know, getting so bizarre. We go to the the tennis court where Steve's dad. What's his name again?
Speaker 2: Rush?
Speaker 1: Rush? He tells the Rush, Yeah, Rush, but Rush he wants.
Speaker 2: He tells the perfect name for that guy.
Speaker 1: I want you to be with a dream boat on in life. Hello, I take offense to that.
Speaker 3: You should?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kelly and Steve nothing, no, okay, anyhow, And so he's setting him. He's setting Steve up with this girl. I don't really know why is this his motive just so that he can be with the dream boat?
Speaker 2: She seems fine too, Like, yeah, she seemed fine, Like you'd think he'd have a fun time with that kind of cute girl.
Speaker 1: Are so not Steve to not like be into her?
Speaker 2: Why does he care what the dad's motives are first of all, and second, the dad's motives weren't even bad, Like, just go have fun with this history.
Speaker 3: We'll go through this storyline. That's why, right, we have to get to the the big curan.
Speaker 1: Oh god, oh wow, this is happening. Back at the Mafia mansion, Dylan is doing a script read with the mafia guy's girlfriend and she is not real good.
Speaker 2: At acting what I thought she was so right for the part.
Speaker 1: That was so over the top. Oh my godness, what are.
Speaker 2: The odds that? What's his dizzy? Why do I want to call him Jonesy? But that's not his name?
Speaker 3: What is Charlie?
Speaker 2: Charlie? Charlie?
Speaker 1: Jonesy was the other guy?
Speaker 2: The other guy that kind of looks like him?
Speaker 1: What do you guys tell him that they don't want to do this script? And Dylan says, well, my dad did it, and they realized that Jack McKay is Dylan's dad.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's so many holes. One is I know we didn't have Google then, but like you'd think that if they were like, yeah, you're gonna be meeting with me and my business partner Dylan McKay, that somebody would be like, well, like do you think that could be the son of Jack? And if they're so up in Jack's business, they'd know his kid was named Dylan McKay, So like what.
Speaker 1: Well, they figure it all out and then something bad's about to happen.
Speaker 2: It also makes me want to go of all the gin joints? Do you know? Like, what are the odds that these two randos in Palm Springs that have money and a wife that wants to be in a movie also happened to be connected to Jack McKay's murder.
Speaker 3: Like it's just like, really, I don't know. If it wasn't Dylan, I wouldn't be into the storyline at all. No, this is not right for the show.
Speaker 1: I'm not into it even with it being Dylan.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair, it's so dark. It's so dark, it took a dark turn.
Speaker 3: We're just we're just college kids having Fray already party. I don't want to get into all this mafia stuff now.
Speaker 1: No, what we want is for Brandon to go buy some condoms because he's gonna back up with out.
Speaker 2: Last.
Speaker 1: He's thinking, you know, ahead and being safe.
Speaker 3: He's so responsible.
Speaker 1: Now, oh god. That is when Valerie hears Donna and Ray arguing outside this.
Speaker 2: I actually was happy that she was sort of eas droppy because I wanted Donna to have a witness totally.
Speaker 1: I mean, for one, thank.
Speaker 2: God for val Literally, I agree.
Speaker 1: Donna's really frustrated that Ray is always mad, and she tries to walk away, but he grabs her so forcefully that he basically shoots her down the stairs.
Speaker 2: That was actually very traumatic.
Speaker 1: That's when it happened.
Speaker 3: But I gotta say rewatching it. I don't feel like he pushed her or threw her down the stairs.
Speaker 1: I agree, he's hapened so fast I couldn't really.
Speaker 2: But he shouldn't be grabbing her at all. He definitely played a part in the accident.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: And then he runs down, you know, and he's so like, oh my gosh, are you okay? Of course he's so regretful.
Speaker 2: Quite a tumble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, how did you feel about that stunt? Tell us?
Speaker 3: Okay, So the stunt, you guys. First of all, the outfit, you know, it was like one hundred and twenty degrees like, and I had to wear Jean Jean so that they could put patting on the stunt double. Right, So Jean's the tank top, the jeans shirt, and then they brought out my stunt double and she was going to walk me through it so I can see how she lands. And I just remember thinking at the time, wow, that this is great. But the wig was really bad. Yeah, and they're always really but how do I say this without sounding horrible?
Speaker 2: She didn't look like you.
Speaker 3: I was really focused on her butt. I remember that at the time.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait, wait, yes, why were you focused on it?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I just remember thinking, like, people are going to know it's not me, she's she's built very different, that's all, okay, very different. Good. And usually when they had stunt doubles for anything, and especially like when we do TV movies and stuff, they try to match you up pretty well so that it's, you know, the stunt doubles the same height, same body frame. And she wasn't. So this is the first time I'd done a stunt on the show that it wasn't the same body And I was like, hmmm, are people going to notice that? And they were like no, no, no, But I did say something. I was concerned. She didn't look anything like me.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, she was a little more muscular, shall we say.
Speaker 2: And shorter. She looked shorter and more more muscular.
Speaker 3: She was way shorter than me. And yeah, like very fit and built.
Speaker 1: But what a fall, man?
Speaker 3: What it was a fall?
Speaker 1: She did.
Speaker 2: It was a fall, but it's a probably one of the worst stunt double. Like it's not well known.
Speaker 3: And I was so freaked out about it that I like offered. I was like, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: I'll do it.
Speaker 3: Can we oh start a little bit higher? No, you know, I'll like roll into it. But I was very concerned that people would know it wasn't my body.
Speaker 1: And people did yep. But I mean that's you know, that's how TV shows go.
Speaker 2: I actually actually made Lorraine send it to us in slow motion. Oh okay, so I'm going to watch that as we all talk.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me let me look, we're going to watch this and s emotion.
Speaker 2: It's oh, he does sort of really cause the fall. Okay, sure, we you know, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, it's pretty bad. We starts off okay, and then towards the bottom of the fall, it.
Speaker 1: Is just so not you. Yeah, he whips you around that wig, that wig, Oh my goodness. But great job on the landing there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta do it one more time. Can you freeze on the body seat?
Speaker 3: There's the butt and I'm like, not my butt.
Speaker 1: Okay, I gotta do it again, dude, Yeah, play it again.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, he really does.
Speaker 1: He does so throw her around.
Speaker 2: I don't think he meant to. Yeah, the landing is excellent.
Speaker 1: All those metal stairs must have hurt.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it's just so not you. It's not you.
Speaker 1: I could watch this all day long, you guys, or.
Speaker 2: Maybe the person was taller than you.
Speaker 1: Can I say one more time, Loraine, a little shorter than you?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It was just just wasn't any time in ten years that it was a stunt double that the body looked nothing like me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here we go. I do blame him.
Speaker 3: Why would he pull on that shoulder? You shouldn't have pulled on that shoulder.
Speaker 2: God, the wig is so bad.
Speaker 1: The wig. The wig, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I could brown hair underneath.
Speaker 2: I can't, my god, doesn't even look like the same outfit it was.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: We have got to show that this liw emotion for all.
Speaker 3: I could literally just stare at that zoom in right on the face when she turns around.
Speaker 2: What is this the second most thing people ask you about? Obviously, Donna Martin graduates first. Is this number two correct? Yes?
Speaker 3: Always?
Speaker 2: And what do they typically say?
Speaker 3: Oh, my gosh, I felt so bad for Donna, and Ray pushed her down the stairs.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm laughing.
Speaker 3: And I always say I wasn't me, That wasn't the worst like so like still like traumatized, like not that like someone like almost got killed, like going down like their neck. I'm like, it's not my butt.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: And also you always justify and like try to defend Ray Jamie.
Speaker 2: Oh god, he's Jamie Walter.
Speaker 1: Jamie Jamie Walters. He's such a great guy, you guys.
Speaker 2: Jamie Walters is a great guy. Ray Prewitt is horrific. And I know we're getting in the weeds, but like they literally make him a series regular. The next season starts with him being in the credit opening credits, and I think they literally get rid of him very quickly because they realize the audience is like, are you nothing kidding me? Yeah, Like even then they were like no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, crazy things are happening at the gas station too.
Speaker 2: Does this fill up my tank?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Steve magically spots the car Goddess that he's been dreaming about since he got there, and he offers to help her put her gas in and she says, go ahead, Amy, you can say it.
Speaker 2: I forget the exact line. Somebody give me the exact line.
Speaker 3: Is this supposed to be like a callback to like vacation like with Christy Brinkley and like.
Speaker 1: Kind of okay, kind of but not really at all. Right, I'm very different, she says, So are you going to stand there with that hoes in your hand? Or are you going to stick it in my tank? Thank you? That's that's what she said. But back to the important stuff. Kelly comes to the hospital, thank god, and Ray covers up how Donna really fell, and Donna doesn't tell Kelly the truth. Why do you think she didn't tell Kelly because.
Speaker 3: You'd be mad at me.
Speaker 1: I'd be mad at you.
Speaker 3: Do you like how that just impulsively came out? Oh? No, I don't even know what I meant by that.
Speaker 2: I don't think you tell her because.
Speaker 3: I don't want her to know, don't you understand you? Guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're embarrassed that you're dating this guy who's this terrible and you're also like very sucked into his abusive behavior. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's, you know, pretty reflective of how it is in real life when someone's in an abusive relationship. That's not something they want to talk about, even to their very best friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the shame, it's just totally that part is realistic. She's feeling so much shame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she's like terrified of him at this point. At this point now she is like, you know.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm almost making light of it because it's so sort of the whole thing so ridiculous. But like, if you really think about it, it's really bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's bad.
Speaker 3: It's really What happens after this? Does she leave him? I don't know.
Speaker 1: She pretty much tells him off in this episode.
Speaker 3: Though, Yeah, I don't think they're done done. No, I don't know. Amy are they done after this? No?
Speaker 2: I mean no shorts? No.
Speaker 1: Okay. So at the restaurant, Brandon is having his weird Jim and Cindy flash backs or whatever they are, his parents warning him not to sleep with Valerie.
Speaker 3: Those were so bizarre, not.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was.
Speaker 1: And that's when Steve and Elle, the lady with the car, they're standing outside the restaurant and apparently they're gonna get down to it, and then Steve pulls something out of her bra and he holds it up and he says, what's this? And at that point I was kind of I kind of knew, did you know that Elle was a man?
Speaker 3: So I remembered you remember, like could you tell watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was asking myself that and I think I remembered. I actually don't think you could tell.
Speaker 1: She looked damn good to me.
Speaker 2: Totally. It feels dated this part.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: This is the other thing. That character was played by Monica Shnaire, a Canadian model, actress, television host, and real estate agent.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's nice.
Speaker 2: So there's some flags on the whole thing.
Speaker 3: But whoa, she's six one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's very beautiful legs, Yeah, totally beautiful.
Speaker 1: She and then Steve says no. She el tells him, don't act like you didn't know, eh, And Steve looks down, screams and runs away.
Speaker 2: Right, it was not the best great reaction, right. Oh wait, have we had the gondola scene yet?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, oh my god. This episode Okay.
Speaker 1: So he uh, Dylan is making a secret call and they see him doing it. They find out and he goes inside and the mafia guys and Charlie. The mafia guys are in the limo, but not Charlie.
Speaker 3: Right to go.
Speaker 2: They mysteriously told him go do something else because we're about.
Speaker 1: To I was working with the actress the girlfriend. Oh yeah, hellye, running lines with her, so Dylan glasses on and gets into the limo with the bad guys.
Speaker 3: Bad.
Speaker 2: I knew it was bad.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, real bad. That's when Kelly finally meets up with David McLaren tells them that she doesn't really appreciate that brand there gave Brandon the wrong impression about her in a so that was good. She she kind of.
Speaker 2: Called them out, those two little gossipy.
Speaker 1: Brandon has taken VAL's car on his uh condom run and then he gets pulled over and he doesn't have the rest registration because it's not his car, and then he pulls down the sunvisor and out drops uh, marriage you want a cigarette? Was wacky tobacky right falls right on his lap and the cop makes him step out of the car.
Speaker 2: Oh God, God, but I don't know how.
Speaker 1: Brandon gets away with it. I guess it wasn't enough because he comes back. He wakes up Valerie and he tells her that he spent the night in jail thanks to her joint. He gives her a keys back and says he's going to find his own way home. So I guess he lost his boner for a vow at the same I mean wait, who did he call? Though, who did they called? What do you mean?
Speaker 3: But he spent the night in jail they let him out.
Speaker 1: I don't think he called anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did they? I think they just let him out on his own recognisance.
Speaker 3: That happens. I don't know any things.
Speaker 1: Maybe in Palm Springs, maybe one joint, I don't know. Sure, Steve comes back. He's so embarrassed. He doesn't want to tell Brandon about his goddess. Oh yeah, and then he tells him. But then he says it to Brandon, if you tell anyone, I'll bet you senseless.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: See Donna in bed, sweet Donna with her little arm sling on, and she is uh watching Felice go over her speech. And then yeah, she's scared.
Speaker 2: She is scared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's scared. Now get rid of this guy.
Speaker 1: And she tells him, I want you to stay away from me. I never spakin something like that.
Speaker 3: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: But Felice, Felice leaves are in his hands again.
Speaker 1: Yep, Mommy of the year.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Oh what a mess.
Speaker 1: And Brandon apologized Kelly for thinking that she was Allison for believing what Claren David said, and Kelly asks Brandon, why does everything have to be over just because she wouldn't marry him?
Speaker 2: Which I thought was a great point, like a really great point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he really did a three sixty there right that that his actions were not that of a guy who just asked this girl to marry him.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's heartbroken, and so when you're heartbroken, you go fuck.
Speaker 1: Oops. I can't say that. When your heartbroken, you you do what he's doing with Fal, what he planned to do with bel.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. We wouldn't. It doesn't track.
Speaker 1: But I don't think Brandon would.
Speaker 3: No, but at his age, and he's just like yeah.
Speaker 2: I also think Brandon would have been like really stoked to hear that from Kelly and be like, oh, you know what, we should stay together. We're young. She's basically saying, I still want to be with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he didn't really want to get married.
Speaker 2: Either, exactly. The whole thing is so absurd. It's like, you're like twenty years old, bro.
Speaker 1: What and then this is it? This is the aerial tramway. Oh my god. They take Dylan into the onto the thing that goes up.
Speaker 2: That real thing. That thing is a real thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a ride you can go on.
Speaker 2: Which you could not pay me enough money to ever go on that, which Toy and I've talked about. Pass.
Speaker 1: They put duct tape on his mouth.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I always love when when they do that on the show because you can tell it's not stuck to them at all.
Speaker 2: Oh and all out of nowhere, suddenly these guys we don't even understand why. We're like, what did Dylan do? Nothing? They're all mad because he went and called who'sy dc? I? Yeah, whatever her name was, Christine, No, not floozy doozy, who'sy doozy?
Speaker 3: Guy?
Speaker 2: Who'sy Doozy? I couldn't remember her name.
Speaker 1: I thought you called her a floozy.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's what she just said. I said, who'sy Doozy? Because I came for her name.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I guess they're worried that he's like an informant for the FBI. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, we don't even know what their crime is.
Speaker 1: And then the guy, the mob guy, tells him he knows who killed Jack.
Speaker 3: First of all, that was crazy too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then thank god they let him off the hook.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of that line in speed do you guys know? On the bus and Keanu Reeves and like one of the guys has obviously done something bad and like turns the gun on Keanu Reeves Jack Travers and he's like, I don't care about your crime. It is good with me.
Speaker 1: Like, whoa why would these mob guys have this much time? Aren't they busy? Like do they really have time to go up in a tramp?
Speaker 2: Exactly, they're up the gondola. They don't hang him out, like just to scare him and then to admit that they have knowledge of the crime, like that they're an accessory to murder. It's like why did they do that? Like they should have just said we're not going to fund your movies.
Speaker 3: You know, I hate this storyline.
Speaker 1: Well, luckily Dylan tells Charlie he wants out of the movie, so hopefully.
Speaker 3: Thank god.
Speaker 1: But I have a feeling because I know, like I kind of know what, yeah happens, like what you do? Why you know? I know what kind of happened. So the market thing is here to stay.
Speaker 2: I think this is the beginning of a major storyline that is like here to stay.
Speaker 3: A life changing storyline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's why I don't think the jumps are season seven because season six is still real solid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is wild. They're at a bus stop. Oh yeah, are both waiting for a bus home.
Speaker 2: He could have just bought a car and said he's gonna take the bus.
Speaker 1: Oh, but that's where we see the two guys bond again.
Speaker 2: Which I was actually pleased with. I'm not gonna lie. That made me happy. But right, why would they take a bus? Like the two of them could easily like figure it out. I guess they can't run a car because they're too young. I don't know, but I think they could have taken a plane. I don't I don't even know, helicopter. Dylan's got loads of dough.
Speaker 1: They could have rented a camel.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Brandon gets home finally from his bus ride, and he realizes that the wash house has been sold.
Speaker 3: Oh that's it.
Speaker 1: Bye bye m Alta Dina. Oh thank god, no more driving to Dinas.
Speaker 2: Oh no, there'll be a twist, don't you worry?
Speaker 1: Good lord? Oh I remember, I feel like every time we say something's over, you're like, oh no.
Speaker 2: No, no, things can definitely fall out of escrow, guys, don't you worry. That's just a cliffhanger.
Speaker 1: And then, of course Dylan has a message on his answering machine from the FBI agent Christine, warning him about the dangerous mafia guys in the desert.
Speaker 2: A little late. Look, if he was in that much danger, he'd be in witness protection. This is like so crazy.
Speaker 1: So then she tells him that they're really close to arresting the guys that tried to kill us, that killed his dad. So Dylan gets his gun.
Speaker 3: Out, loads it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he loads it.
Speaker 3: It's going, it's going in.
Speaker 1: What's like, that's the cliffhanger first first season five. Dylan loads his gun and then and then this is a cliffhanger, you guys, you tell them, I can't this.
Speaker 2: This show brand Yeah, this show is somewhere between Porky's Meats, like meets like What's Likes or Meatballs, Meatballs, Revenge of the Nerds whatever, one of those sort of eighties you know, Booby rom com teen Romp things whatever, while simultaneously being like, I don't know, I can't think of a movie that's like a team like a like a Wilder Broody like FBI movie, Like it's like one of those John Grisham novels.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what, it's a Pelican brief, It's a lend.
Speaker 2: Ah Well. Who wrote this again? Uh, Larry Mullen, Is that right?
Speaker 3: Larry Mullen.
Speaker 2: I don't even know, Like he's my best friend, Larry Moan.
Speaker 3: Johansson got it.
Speaker 2: Like the ogs wrote this, like right, they're living their best lives writing this so like and then let's throw this in.
Speaker 1: Like it's just what they had to have, some big thing to go out on for the season.
Speaker 2: Right. The kiss, the weird hook armed kiss, do you know what I mean? Like he kind of reached back and I was like.
Speaker 1: What, Oh God, I closed my eyes. I didn't see it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I have my eyes.
Speaker 1: You liked it, you always love it. You love what Valerie kisses anyone because.
Speaker 3: You got the hots for val I enjoy watching her kiss.
Speaker 2: They had weird chemistry too.
Speaker 3: I was like, I know, weird this, this.
Speaker 2: Is this is not what I expected.
Speaker 3: Because we want to think of them related, but they're.
Speaker 1: H I will still to be brother and sister kind.
Speaker 2: Of, I know, and yet they're really not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they start making out on the couch and that's it. People, that's a rapt dumb.
Speaker 3: Do you think he used that condom he brought brought back by.
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: But did he ever even get the condoms because he got Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe he has some upstairs in the dresser.
Speaker 1: Or he goes into Gym's room. No, they never mind.
Speaker 2: It really sets us up for a big season six.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what could happen after this, Like I.
Speaker 1: Hope it's like a a like an immediate pickup, you know, I just know the end of that scene. I hope it opens up with that scene Ginger Lamona.
Speaker 3: I don't want like months to be gone like ginger Monica.
Speaker 2: You guys, ginger La Monica is coming. Do you remember ginger La Monica?
Speaker 1: Sure do I don't.
Speaker 2: Elisa Donovan is ginger lah Monica.
Speaker 1: Oh I love her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like VAL's best friend from Buffalo or whatever they are going to be up to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you ready?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I need to take a nap before I watch.
Speaker 2: It is a good finale, though, I have to say, like I actually might call this people Can Come at Me the best finale of so far.
Speaker 3: Sorry, okay, I didn't know where she was going with It wasn't.
Speaker 2: As like, you know, there's the I think there's the one where it's like where you tell I can't remember if that's a finale or not, where you tell Brenda. That was pretty gnarly, But this is like very That was really good. Yeah that was that was good, but this is like more juicy. Everybody he's got a situation practically, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well David and Claire don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're kind of annoying. I'm ready for them to be done.
Speaker 3: So they're in a breakup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did they break up in season six?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys did it. We made it through season five. I didn't think this.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: It was literally a year that we can't get back.
Speaker 3: Times two.
Speaker 1: We had to live at the first time, and now we just relived another year of our life gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was actually a year, almost a year that we've been on season five. I really it's thirty three episodes and like, and we had a couple of double so forty weeks, so we basically have been doing season five for forty weeks too long.
Speaker 3: When I said I loved the college years, maybe it's season six.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: You keep saying that. I know you keep saying that. You're like maybe at the end of season four, You're like, maybe it was season five. I said, I love keep going.
Speaker 2: First of all, this is a ten, you guys.
Speaker 1: This is I liked the season as a whole, like a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's a great question, Jenny. What do you guys give the whole season?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I obviously this episode's a ten. What do you both give the whole season? Oh my god, I was wrong. There's thirty two episodes in seasons, thank god.
Speaker 3: Forever and ever and ever and ever.
Speaker 1: Take me away. You remember those commercials of course, of course.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what do you guys give the whole season?
Speaker 1: I give it like a seven or eight?
Speaker 2: So low because definitely in nine nine, thank.
Speaker 3: You, Tori.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely a nine. I mean it's it's.
Speaker 3: Really been right where it started.
Speaker 1: I just I all of the honestly, all of the like Dylan stuff wasn't great this year, and yeah, yeah towards the end, and.
Speaker 3: Then you know, I didn't like his wardrobe, you know.
Speaker 1: The fire wardrobe. The fire was fun and excitement.
Speaker 2: I like, the cult.
Speaker 1: Was great, Colt and the fire happened this year?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I can't.
Speaker 1: Even remember already problem, but also, uh, the whole introduction. Is this the season that they introduced the peach pit after dark?
Speaker 2: This is what this is the one in season five?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I didn't love the peach pit.
Speaker 2: After we met Valerie in season five that was huge. We literally began.
Speaker 3: The year one season Yeah, this is where Brand's Brenda in one season.
Speaker 2: The end of last year, season whatever was Brenda leaving and the beginning of this was Valerie showing up right.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, she's what a whirlwind.
Speaker 2: Season six begins.
Speaker 3: Okay, so are we ready? Are we ready for season six?
Speaker 1: You guys so ready?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty ready.
Speaker 1: Maybe after a little nap, yeah, like a power now. I hope you guys love season five. We love you. Can't wait to see you next year aka next week.
Speaker 2: Bye.