Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The thrilling excitement of March Mania is here. In Draft Kingsports Book, one of America's top rated sportsbook app, is giving new customers a shot to turn five books into one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bet with any college basketball bet. North Carolina listeners don't forget. Draft Kingsports Book is now live in your state. Download the Draftking Sportsbook app and use Cold Shannon. New customers can bet five bucks and get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets only at Draftking Sportsbook. With Cold Shannon, A crowned is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See dkg dot co slash bball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome to another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite unk, Shannon Sharp. He's your favorite number zero, while Arizona Wildcat Legend Wizard Great Gilbert Arenas mister Habachi Man himself. Please make sure you subscribe, make sure you like, hit that like button, hit that subscribe button, and please please make sure you guys subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. You can listen to us through the Club Shay Shape feed, but we would greatly appreciate it if you signed up through the Nightcap podcast feed. We've also pinned schae by Laportier at the top of the chat. We're only taking pre orders, but hopefully I think we should be able to fulfill all all orders that have been placed, So thank you for selling help selling us out, but we're taking pre orders and we gotta ship uping in so we should be able to fulfill those orders. Also, we would like for you to subscribe and follow Gill's Arena channel on YouTube. His show airs every Monday through Thursday. Live eleven thirty am Pacific time. That's Gill's Arena channel on YouTube. His show airs every Monday through Thursday live at eleven thirty am eleven thirty am Pacific time, and you can also follow Gil on his personal YouTube page, no Chill Gill. He also has a personal YouTube page and it's called no chill Gill. Let's go ahead and get Gill subs up, Gil, I heard from a little birdy you got something in the mail today. You care to show what you got? Hey? Hey, man, shut it up? Oh what?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: How you'a get that so quick? I don't know, I don't know. You must have put my name on addie if you man, If you don't know what happened to oos, get it to me? Man? That thing nice? That Gil?
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, you know I got to match your watch with ITCHO.
Speaker 2: I know the chance. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what the mail man. Maybe GPS tracking is off, but you know in today's time, the mail man walked now, so he might be walking from l A to Miami to bring Ojo's his Ochoe Stilling got his? I hope.
Speaker 4: Oh real Mussey head his yeah, real real.
Speaker 2: Might have been playing a prank on Ocho or something, because I don't know what's going on. That thing should have been there. It should have been there by now o Cho Man. Bro, Now you know I wouldn't do you like that. Man, I put that thing in the mail like two weeks ago where he living at Miami Miami.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they they robbing boxes out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so somebody somebody might got a Nightcap plaque on their wall, Ojo. They don't do that in my community. They make sure the box where they need to get to. Well, Hey, Gail, I wanted I wanted you to just wanted to show my appreciation for you, and I wanted you to have that. I know you only do one day a one day a week, but I'm grateful and and I am grateful that you, uh that you decided to do the one day week with us, and you're a very vital part of the Nightcap so Nightcap family, so we wanted you to have that. Thank you. Enjoy it and congratulations, Bro, I thank man. Appreciate it. Appreciate it. Let's jump right into it. Gill. The Lakers beat the Grizzliest One without Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis long fifty two minutes last night, the most minutes he had ever played in his career, and they gave him the night off after an hour standing performance last night and game in which he had thirty two points, twenty three rebounds and four blocks, so he was well deserving of a night off. In his absence. Lebron James, who missed last night game, was rare to go. He had a triple double. The Lakers win their fifth game in a row, improved to forty one and thirty two and without Anthony Davis. Ruy was Sensation of thirty two points on eleven of fourteen field goals, a career high seven may threes, ten rebounds. Lebron James loged the triple double twenty three points, fourteen rebounds, twelve assists and two steals. D Low twenty three points, Torrian Prince fifteen points, Jackson Hayes fourteen points, seven rebounds, Spencer Dinwiddie fourteen points, several rebounds, and Austin Reeves Kobe of the Ozarks thirteen points and eleven assists. Darvin Ham said Anthony Davis status for Friday. We'll see how he's feeling tomorrow when he wakes up. That was a really big win. This game here. If you lose this game last night goes away, it's all or not. You can't beat you can't beat Milwaukee, the number two team in the East, with their full roster, and then turn out and turn around and lose to the Grizzlies. So I'm glad they came out with the right mindset, with the right intensity and was able to pull this game out. But what did you like about what you saw from the Lakers in this game when they got to win one.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is one of those games where you're right there, there was no they shouldn't have lost this game, right, That's what these are. One of the games that's really important to the road trip, right, Yes, you can't start the road trip off with the loss against one of the weakest teams right now in the West.
Speaker 2: So this was a great, great win.
Speaker 4: It really shows that games that they need to win against weaker opponents, they do step up to the challenge. I mean, the end of that third did look rough. It looked rough. It looked like one of those where you're up eighteen and then end up somehow losing that game. But you know, they came out in the.
Speaker 2: Fourth hit two quick threes and just kept that lead going.
Speaker 4: So it was great to see these guys bounce back after that devastating in.
Speaker 2: The third quarter. You know what Gil I was thinking, and this is what's so frustrating about the Lakers. Now think about this. They beat the Boston Celtics. They went to Boston and beat the Celtics without Lebron. They've beaten Milwaukee twice without Lebron. This is what makes you upset, but this also what gives you hope because you know they can beat anybody in a series. I don't think they could beat the Nuggets, but they can beat anybody else in the West in a seven game series. Because we watched them go on the road and beat Boston without Lebron. We watched them go on the road and beat Milwaukee without Lebron, beat Milwaukee in LA without Lebron. I just and I think the thing is, you look at Anthony Davis. He plays the lion's share of the games this year. You cannot you look, there have been a few games here and there, but with his overall performance, you have to be pleased. If you're a Laker fan, you have to be pleased with what Anthony Davids is giving you. He's given you about twenty five points, about twelve and a half, thirteen rebounds on a nightly basis. Give me somewhere between two and three blocks on the night so you can't be disappointed. Yeah, I know, game here there he had ten points and two rebounds. Yeah, I get that, But overall his complete body of work, gilt. You have to be pleased with what you saw. Lebron has been Lebron. Yeah, Lebron is Lebron. He's shooting fifty plus percent from the floor, giving you twenty five on a nightly basis, seven and eight. But what is it? What you see this? Like, bro, y'all realize y'all beat Boston.
Speaker 4: Y'all realize y'all beat Milwaukee twice?
Speaker 2: How you lose the team that bottom feed? You know? So what happens And I don't know if it happens in.
Speaker 4: Football, but the media does it a lot with us when a team wins without their star player.
Speaker 2: They always saw that narrative they're better without them, right.
Speaker 4: What happens is this, there's certain players that respect the guy so much that when he's in the lineup, they didn't gotctiled right. So you know when when I say it a lot with with d Low, when Lebron is not there, he knows one, he has the game under control, he gets to play free basketball.
Speaker 2: When Lebron is on the.
Speaker 4: Court, He's looking for Lebron the whole time. What is Lebron doing is he is he copping for the ball? Any noise that goes, he's looking to see if Lebron does one of those. So it's just one of those second natures that happen with players, is like.
Speaker 2: The fanboy in them. It's like when when you play with Kobe.
Speaker 4: Right and you okay, Kobe hasn't shot the ball in two times, where's he at? Instead of you just playing your game and letting the star player find his way. You know, those players lose themselves when Lebron is on the court. Has nothing to do with Lebron. It's just it's a personal thing for themselves.
Speaker 2: Right because we look at d Lo when they played Milwaukee at home. D Lo goal for forty four in complete control, making three boom, boom boom. Last night. He was sensational last night. And you remember Gail in the playing tournament with it play now no it was they played the Warriors last year and he come down. The Lakers had this nice lead and he comes down and turned the ball over like three times in a row, and all of a sudden, Golden State is making a comeback, and without hesitation, he comes down on a one on four unless a three, go get the game back. I'm like, bro, you just played like two minutes for the worst basketball in the history of the NBA, and then you come down with ice. I'm talking about freezing water in your veins and let the three go over to one on three. And usually he would have been subbed out by then with the three turnovers and of the ruin that's mental.
Speaker 4: They couldn't They could give you back again, right, he would have been here. But the fact that he did take that three kind of lets you know mentally where he's at.
Speaker 2: You know, yes, we just needed more.
Speaker 4: We need the relentless, we need the ice vein d Low, you know when we come to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: And so far we haven't had that guy against Denver, right. I think the thing is Gil I think once the trade deadline came and went, he was able to relax because he's been sensational. This might be the best stretch of basketball other than the year that he went to the All Star Game when he was in Brooklyn. This might be the best stretch of basketball that he's played. And he's a good player. I mean, he's It's something about the left handed guys. Man. They just they got that herky jerky man. I mean, they starts and they smooth with it. They got the float game going. I mean he's been he's been unbelievable. Yeah, him and him and what's so funny it is him and a d picking role is phenomenal.
Speaker 4: Yes, And that's why I said last week, if I'm if I'm playing against like moving into the playoffs, I wont Anthony Davis and de Loo to play like Murray and Jokicchen and let Lebron find a way on how to be dominant. You know, the Anthony Davis Lebron pick and roll. That ain't that ain't the style right now?
Speaker 2: Right that? That ain't it right now? So you need that.
Speaker 4: Guy who can probe and do all that and find people.
Speaker 2: So I'm liking to where d Lo is right now. Yeah, I think they had seven or eight guys in double figures. Ruey Lebrond Lo, Prince Hayes ben Withty Reeves. So they had seven guys, all the guys that played at least ten minutes. Gil had double figure point. Yeah, all the good players, everybody who don't supposed to be playing. Didn't score like he should be. But you look at Jackson. Hayes gave him quality minutes tonight victory, and Prince played really really well. Uh didn't Witty came up, didn't witty? Uh Uh. He's been getting it going lately. He's been getting to going and I like to see that. Yeah, he's found, he's found this way.
Speaker 4: We're really gonna need him in the playoffs to be the one on one guy who can create offense. You know when there's basically a stalemate against that defense. You know, when they're cutting cutting players off, you know when they're focusing, when they're focusing on a d you know, Reeves can't.
Speaker 2: Get it on.
Speaker 4: We have a guy who can create one on one mismatch problem. So you know, I did like that pick up by them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's played well, he's played well. This was a very good win for the Lakers. They followed it up. They consolidated in the tennis. They say when you break a sleep, when you break serve, can you consolidate it on your own serve? Can you win that game on your serve? Now you've done something. Now you go two games up, as opposed to losing the serve after you just broke, sir. So they were able to consolidate this win, win a big game against Milwaukee on the road. Go on the road again. Actually it was a back to back, back to back. Yeah, and think about all the minutes that reve played, all the minutes that then Witty played, all the minutes that Delo played Ruin and they were still able to come back and give you and give you a great effort tonight. I like what I'm seeing for the Lakers. We'll see if they can flip the switch. They get a night off, get some rents, get some food in them, and let's see if they can follow it up get five in a row on Friday nights.
Speaker 4: No, no, yeah, listen, this is this is one of those stretches where, uh, this is a favorable schedule for us. You know, towards the end of the season, you know, we have some winnable games and even some of the tough teams they might be resting players at that moment in time.
Speaker 2: So I like our schedule right now and when I sleep on Like all right, look, I've been.
Speaker 4: A Laker fan since I was little, right since, so this I'm a Laker fan.
Speaker 2: The Clippers beat the seventy six ers one O eight to one O seven. The Clippers six the Clippers sixers, and it was wild Clippers hold on for the win. Sixers coach Nick Nurse and Kelly Oubre was furious that in no no call, no foul was called on the final possession. Kelly Ubre called a referee female dogs and he's about to get a healthy fine for that choice of words. Dy Lue called the uh uh the Clippers soft after that demolition job that they got that uh, who's that beat them? Indy Andy beat the brakes off from the other night. Uh, let's listen to the sound of what he had to say last night and then you and I getting to the game tonight.
Speaker 5: So identity, you know, for us, it's got to be toughness, which means physicality mentally and physical toughness. The high powered offense, we can score a lot of different ways, and we gotta have a defensive mindset and so right now, do we have an identity? I think yeah, we're soft. That could be an identity if you want to call that.
Speaker 2: Ouch the game tonight, it seemed like the Sixers had the game and then Kawhi makes two outstanding plays on back to back possessions, and then they make key defensive stops down the stretch. What did you like about what you saw from the Clippers and what did the Sixers do wrong? Let's just say the final men in the half of this ball game? What I like about the Clippers? Nothing up the flipp you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: This war's forever, right, They're they're up and down right now.
Speaker 2: I know that still, which was weird. They're trying to probably.
Speaker 4: Try to find a playoff swag, trying to figure out, you know, who's gonna be in that seven eight man rotation going into the player else because you know, this is when you find out who's who and who you gonna take with you, you know, that first round. So you know, I'm pretty sure for ty Lou, they're not being as assertive as he as he would like in this moment.
Speaker 2: But I'm not really worried about them, you.
Speaker 4: Know, in a sense that you know, Kawhi is gonna turn.
Speaker 2: It on, Pg's gonna turn it on.
Speaker 4: Russ is gonna be mentally there, James Harden is gonna do what James Harden does.
Speaker 2: So they're gonna be one.
Speaker 4: Of those teams that you don't want to see because you don't know what they're gonna bring.
Speaker 2: Philly's missing their best player.
Speaker 4: Right, you know when you not that game, not even close with Joel eb Yeah, but when you're missing your best player, you know you're trying to you know, players are trying to get calls that you haven't earned, right, Ubray, that's not a.
Speaker 2: Not getting that call in the club.
Speaker 4: You're not getting that call, So you know it is, it does get frustrated.
Speaker 2: And when you don't have you're MVP.
Speaker 4: Y'all start, y'all NBA player, the best playing in the league on that court to actually demand those type of calls.
Speaker 2: So you know, Philly did whatever Philly could.
Speaker 4: Do, and they had the game and they just didn't make the They didn't get the love that they needed to pull that win.
Speaker 2: Nowt Yeah, they thought they get some more calls at home. The thing was, Kelly Ouper, I don't understand you up by two. So if Kawhi Letter lays the ball up, you're still tied. Why would you Why would you run the risk of filing and an and one and now you're down? Dude, dude, guys, let me ask your question. Gil Let's be I know, I'm thinking about that. It's third down, blah blah blah. You know, like, okay, what's more important? Let me instead of getting an extra four yards, let me get out of bounds and save a time on the clock. So I'm thinking I was thinking in those situations, I'm picking and choosing my battles with. You know, sometimes you have to know when the journey is over. But I'm I'm thinking, like, bro, what are you doing? Why would you file up by and run the risk of giving up an N one? Sometimes players are not in there in real time.
Speaker 4: Sometimes players don't They don't have no quart awareness, right, they don't know what the time says or what the score is, right. I think Clay did it? Was it Clay that did it? About a month ago? Where you filed in the back court. You filed in the back court and they're like, what are you doing? Sometimes you just you're not there, man, right, You're just playing not realizing you might think that you're down one when it's tie game, or you're up to you know, sometimes that that does happen in games when you you you really don't you forgot to look up there to you know, to see what it is lebron them in the finals, or they got the offensive rebound.
Speaker 2: Oh man, oh you talked about JR. Yeah, but you blame everyone. And the reason you blame everyone is.
Speaker 4: JR understood let's get that rebound.
Speaker 2: Let's get that rebound.
Speaker 4: No one thought about the concept of, if we actually do get this rebound, call the time out.
Speaker 2: So the fact that none of the coaches even.
Speaker 4: Thought about calling a timeout, meaning they didn't think it was gonna get that rebound.
Speaker 2: And he got it, how about how about put the ball back in the basket. Listen, Sometimes sometimes.
Speaker 4: Your job is all right, look, hey, get that office rebound. All right, we're gonna get the office. That's all you're thinking about.
Speaker 2: Let me get it, you know. Oh I got it, Yes, I got It's like yo, put the ball up. Oh my my.
Speaker 4: Bad, I ain't even I think the thing was he thought they were up one when an actuality they were tied. Yeah, so he thinked I brought it at the clock. Y'all can't get it. Oh, like it didn't even dawn on him. Man, they not chasing me trying to file. It wasn't until Lebron was yelling at it is that He's like what what?
Speaker 2: But what?
Speaker 4: Some things like that happen, you know, It's just one of those things.
Speaker 2: It's that's part of the game, right, Uh you know, I mean problems that he just won one game, that he just won one instead of I said that he just won one game instead of getting swept. They lost them five. That was it. It was James Harden's first game back since being traded. He was booed by the Philly crowd. No surprise with that. I'm trying to think of a guy that could leave and come back and get cheered. Maybe Charles Barkley. I don't remember when Charles went back with the Sons. I don't know. I don't really know Ai. I think AI got I think AI got cheered. I got cheered because you know AI got traded.
Speaker 4: Everybody else is gonna say, like Charles Barkley demanded out so we would have to see, you know, what happened.
Speaker 2: That we'd have to go back and see the first game. Yeah. Uh, Draymond Green was ejected again. We have video of the ejection of stealth reaction. He was not happy. Let's take a listen to the stealth sound after the game. What in what did you think of the Draymond injection?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I said, we need him. He knows that. We all know that. So whatever it takes to keep him on the floor out be available, that's what's gotta happen. Why do we keep having this conversation? Draymond said back in twenty sixteen he had learned his lesson because he cost his team an NBA championship. Yes, you're no longer have to gonna have to worry about Draymond because I'm never gonna and he potentially cost himself a Finals MVP.
Speaker 4: He didn't close line nobody this time, you know, last night or another night almost this one. I don't put on him. I put him more on the ref this one. Here's why he has nothing to do with this play, right, This is why is he talking. This was Paulo throwing his shoulder. So he's asking a ref, Hey what about the shoulder? So he's trying to get answers This is a one on one conversation, so it's not like he's yelling at the ref loud, right. Yeah, whatever he's saying is him and the referee. So the referee giving him a technical, you can't use that. He was upstaging me at this point, So no matter what he's saying to you, it's private. You decided to give him a technical, right, the one I don't like because when we do this right here, you see this right here on you Oh you best, oh you best believe it's going down under that shirt, right, But refs don't usually give that technical because you're not making them look stupid in front of the world.
Speaker 2: Well, him getting that TechEd by the ref, it's like, come on, ref, do that. You didn't need to do that. And then that's what happens. He's asking why are you giving me? What did I do? What did I say for you to do that? What was the point of that? And then when he's walking away, you know he hit him.
Speaker 6: With the the b s N all right to be but here's but here's the thing, though, Gil, why would Draymond he's the worst negotiating fast.
Speaker 2: Do you real Gil, do you realize if the officials. If any other player within the official face yelling like Draymond, they would get tossed on a nightly basis. He knows that he's gonna get a little leeway because they're gonna give that. Just just Draymond. But I don't get their fight now. Maybe maybe they don't want to go to the playoffs. I can see them losing a couple more games and Steve Kurse shedding Steve Steph Curry down for the rest of the year. Let me see it. Yes, I can see, I can I can totally see that happening if I believe if the Rockets ever catching them now, I don't know when we came come up, came on Williams Hill the three to send the game in the overtime UH at last I saw I thought the UH. I felt the Rockets were up a couple of games. So they might be a half game back, or they might be a full game and a half back. But I don't know what the end of that, the end of that game, what it what it did? Did the Rockets hold on the wine? Okay, so now the Rockets have won tenth straight UH and overtime and they're only one game behind the Wizard for the ten spot. Excuse me, one game behind the Warriors for the ten spot. I can see a scenario that is that if the Rockets catch the Warriors for that ten spot, they're not gonna fight for They were like, okay, ay, step you don Yeah, Let's get a look at Let's get a look at Kamingo, Let's get a look at Moody and some of these other guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah they're there, there's there's this team needs to build confidence for next year. I don't see anything. I don't see a reason to keep forcing your stars to play right now, like you know, like you know, I will have that conversation with Steph of you know, what do you want to do? You know, if I'm gonna keep Clay, we're gonna pay Clay.
Speaker 2: You know, I need to.
Speaker 4: Make sure his mental is right for next year. So I need him to go out there and play. I need Cominga to go out there and do what Cominga does. Moody, all the young guys that I'm possibly gonna need for next year, this is the time where I need them to to gain some ground.
Speaker 2: But you know, this is the NBA.
Speaker 4: You start doing that, they're gonna start, you know, investigating, you know, tampering with the record and stuff.
Speaker 2: So there's rules. There's rules right now.
Speaker 4: Look, Draymond, when it comes to the overall functionality of the team, he's the most important part and he makes all the pieces work together. So yeah, you know when when instead of say we need him, he's right, you know, Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Can't get ejected four minutes into the.
Speaker 4: Game, Gil, Damn, you don't expect the rest to be this sensitive.
Speaker 2: Four minutes into the game though. Now come on, hold, like that's four minutes into the game. You already giving out text. But but here's the but here's the thing. He's not asking her. Hey, mister rep Now the shoulder. You see, he's highly adgregated. There's a difference. Hey, it's one way they able, man, check this out. The pump on uh pump three. It took my credit card and I wasn't able to pump the gas. That's differ to go to Hey, both folk, that pump three. They ate my credit card. Now what y'all gonna do about it? That's Draymond. Draymond said, Hey, what about this? What about his shoulder into my chest? What about that? You ain't called that but you call that ticket tack BZ right there, it's deep like Dre drey Bard. Come on, Drake, but it's not not right now, it's a vout. Listen.
Speaker 4: I've always been taught, you know, by coaches, don't worry about the volume of the tone. Try to figure out what I'm saying, because in the heat of the moment, my volume is gonna go higher than I would like it to. Right, you know, understand what I'm trying to say before you react.
Speaker 2: Same thing with a referee, right.
Speaker 4: I think referees, Like I really have this thing against referees because you have too much power and you're using it too often. Right, You're supposed to have the thickest skin because you're just refering the game. You don't even have to be a basketball fan. You don't need to have a favorite team to rep these games. So you should never you should never be in tech mode or get so heated in the moment that you need to kick people out.
Speaker 2: Gil, at the end of the day, he human humans have feelings, they have emotions. It's just like you, your girl with cup hosts say hey, Gil, how is your day? What you being as the supposed to say hey, where the fuck where you, big yill. It's all about She's asked you the same thing one your mall like one, you're more likely to say, well, we have practice. After practice, I stopped by the guy. We played some Nintendo's and I came home. She asked you where if you been, you gonna like you gonna elevate your toe right back at her. So the official like, bro, hold on, whoa, it's too early. It's like early in the morning. Hey, I ain't trying to have that conversation at seven o'clock. I just woke up and you yelling and screaming talking about why my phone going off or who calling you this early in the morning. I don't know because I was sleep So you expect me to answer that question.
Speaker 4: I guarantee you this refro game, it is one or three years into the league. I've been there where the game started and I'm already on one and the ref like, yo's it's two minutes of the game. Shut up, And I look up, like, oh, it is two minutes into the game.
Speaker 2: All right, you're in the third quarter. End goddamn.
Speaker 4: But that's the dialogue too, Like just sometimes we just too many red bulls to start the game.
Speaker 2: All do you think the Rockets will catch the Warriors for the last player spot in the West.
Speaker 4: They you know, they playing, they playing well. Man, them young boys getting it they playing well. They don't they they're missing, they're missing the player they could get it right.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't want to put nothing past them. They playing well.
Speaker 4: They got nothing to lose, And I think if it's going down to those last games, it'd be more pressure on Golden State to get that test spot than the Rockets.
Speaker 2: Right. So, all right, Gil, let's time rod next segment of the night, and it's called a news cap No, and we go. Jamal Crawford thinks the Lakers to trade Anthony Davis. Let's take a listen to what Jamal had to say. Here we go, we need to break up a roster. Which team could benefit the most from breaking up the roster? The Lakers the Warrior.
Speaker 7: Oh well, I'm gonna choose Lakers because Golden State have been there and done that. Lebron is trying to add some more to his legacy, so I'm gonna help him out. Got to get rid of Reeves. Give me another guy that can do that. But a guy is a little more consistent, not saying Reid is inconsistent, but when you're playing in a win for a championship, you can have no inconsistency. I'm gonna use Reeves because Reeds is a talent. I'm gonna get me one more veteran, and I gotta get three or four shooters.
Speaker 1: They don't have enough to even compete right now. And my thing is, if Lebron is still your best player at this point, I'm looking at trading Anthony Davis.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you can get four or five pieces to go with him that fit Lebron if Lebron is still gonna be the best player. But really, if I can get a Kyrie Irvin type, any another wing, a dominant wings score.
Speaker 2: Jack, I'll try to Okay, so are you gonna trade? Oh? So I'll trade Anthony Davis to I'll trade Anthony Davis to to Boston for can we get for Zingers and Jason Tatem? I mean, what what? What? What wing players you're gonna get for Anthony? Who'll gona trade what wing players that win right now that you can put with Anthony Davis that a team's gonna give up Jason Tatum. If anybody give it up, you think bost to give it up? Jason Tatum No.
Speaker 4: Like like like, there's there's a reason certain certain people can be gms and those who boy it started off with Shaq right like like even his Like, you're gonna give up Austin Reeve to get somebody can more consistent than Austin Reeves At Austin Reeves price, he's fifty three million dollars.
Speaker 2: Who you gonna get rid of?
Speaker 4: To get somebody more consistent than Austin Reeves. The last twenty one games, he's ten ten more points or plus he's been doubled double I mean he's been double digit scoring for the last twenty one games. Well see that's that. That's that TN TESPN. He ain't watching the games.
Speaker 2: He just looking at the boss score.
Speaker 4: Like this this this like if you want to trade Austin Reeves, this is who he's compared to at the same price. Talent Horton Tucker, No, we are they already got rid of him. Joe Ingles, Dennis Schroeder, Marvin Bagley, Gary Harris, Josh Harper, they all make the same amount of money.
Speaker 2: Who you gonna trade him? For then Shaquille O'Neil nobody. Yeah. Maybe. See. See here's the thing. When they proposed these trades, Okay, who are you trading him to and what are you trading him for? It's easy to say, and that's what we used to have, like such and such should have made the pro Bow or such as sus should have made the All Star Game. Okay, if you put somebody in, you've got to take somebody off. Well, I said, well, well you can't put him in.
Speaker 4: I said, because if you put somebody in, you're telling me somebody should have made it, shouldn't have made it in front of him. So you saying he should have made it? Who are you taking it up? Who are you taking off? Okay, you're trading off to read. So that's what I want to say.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna trade somebody, you got to tell me who you trading him to and who are you trading him for? Because just to say, oh I would trade Anthony Davis for who for? What? For?
Speaker 4: Where I'm gonna trade Anthony Davis to get back what you said to to Ki for Kyrie? Yeah? Oh yeah, they give Dallas. Goddamn Anthony Davis and him and Luca shit right.
Speaker 2: You put it so now you're gonna put Now you're gonna put anthon day Luk at the master of the pick and roll. That's what you're gonna do. Yeah, that's that. But that's why, you know, that's why you know.
Speaker 4: It's easy, Like there's no concept of the thought.
Speaker 2: It's not like they put thought into it.
Speaker 4: They just ramble like, I'm gonna get rid of a shooter, a point guard, a score to get back shooters, veteran players, who what team?
Speaker 2: What team? Give it up? Shooters, no one, it's the answer. The answer is Golden State.
Speaker 4: Golden State is at a problem where Steph is still playing at a very high level. Yes, you know, the help is not playing very well right now. So they need to make some real decisions on what they're gonna do. Or are they gonna try to go for another title and trade some pieces, or they're gonna break this team up. Let Steph retire and just play his last days just scoring a whole bunch of points.
Speaker 2: That's the real answer right.
Speaker 4: There, right when it comes to as long as you got Anthony Davis and Lebron James for the most part, you have a chance. You know, you have a chance. You still got two dominant players. You got one guy offensively and defensively.
Speaker 2: How are you gonna match that? When you see yes, Anthony Davis, who are you getting back that's playing Johannis? Okay, I'll trade, Okay, I'll trade. I'll take trade ad for Giannis. I'll trade a D for maybe Jelie's hurt, because those are the only comparable guys that are offensive and defensive guys that are giving you what Anthony Davis gives you on a night the basis. Now we know Jiannis is thirty to eleven and two or three blocks.
Speaker 4: We know Joel Ebe he's hurt. But Joel will Be was giving you thirty was giving you thirty five eleven and two. Those are the only comparable guys.
Speaker 2: So who's given you that kind of production like Anthony Davis is giving you on a nightly basis, with that kind of defensive presence?
Speaker 4: Oh like like if you're if I'm gonna lose a little bit of defense out gaining a little bit more offense, So I'll I'll make a trade for Sa bonus because I get more passing. But I don't think Sacramento is gonna do anything like that. That's why I said, they just throw out shit, right.
Speaker 2: But but okay, we got more passes. Who we go pass it to? A like? We like we got a fifteen Steph Curry out there knocking it down or young Clay. I mean, have we shot the three ball better since the All Star Break? Yeah? Oh hell yeah we've been. We've been shooting the cover off the ball. Well, come on now, ad, Yeah, that's I said, both babysit.
Speaker 4: It was just two bad takes, that's all it was. And he thought into it.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Lebron doesn't look like a player in his twenty first season in the NBA. He's out there on the court, but that doesn't mean he doesn't feel it after the game. On his mind the Game podcast, Lebron Bill the analogy he used when talking to his wife, Savannah James. His wife asked him how he fel after the game. Let's take a listen to how Lebron answered, I was.
Speaker 8: I was explaining to my wife the other that she asked me, how am I feeling when I came home after the game. I said, Babe, just imagine buying a two thousand and three escalade and it's twenty twenty four. Maybe you never change the tires. So rub my feet please.
Speaker 2: Bruh, said the dog. The dog Babe the dog's market. Hey, hey, you can you rub him down? Can your ice him down for me? Cause if these things hurting? And I can understand because those feet carried him for twenty three season, as he mentioned, up down, start, stop sprinting. Yeah, yeah, I can just I can just imagine. Man, I know how gil, I know how I feel after I sit down for a period of time. So can you imagine he's still playing thirty five thirty six minutes on a night your basis in year twenty one, thirty nine years of age. He people like, thirty five minutes, that's nothing, But we've never seen anybody at that age that's asked to do what he's been asked to do. Play. Look at all the guys, if you at average, up all the guys that's ever played twenty one seasons or more, Lebron James has scored more points than all of them combine. Yeah a season. So so what do you think about what Lebron had to say?
Speaker 4: Man, I'm sure I'm sure that you know that he is sore, right, but I noticed something way back when he was younger. There was always this thing about icing young players. Yes, but what's you icing for young fellas you ain't even played long At nineteen twenty years old, he was nice in all his limbs. He had his feet, He had his feet and the buckets, knees, elbows like back which players the twenty twenty five we wasn't ice ing like that, right, So the fact that he has been in the same routine you can see.
Speaker 2: You know why he has longevity.
Speaker 4: But for the most part, he is the last one out of the arena because he's gonna ice, He's gonna stretch down, he's probably gonna get a massage.
Speaker 2: Go get his workout, and then and then go home. Right, these players.
Speaker 4: Are are really they really taking care of their body, not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Even when I remember when Carmelo came into uh our our locker room. We're playing Denver.
Speaker 4: He comes into the locker room and he's like he needs to use the ice tub. I'm like, oh, he ain't playing a right and he goes in icehub and I was like, you ain't playing today? Is yeah, what's your nice step for? He says, to make my legs feel lighter. He said, all the travel and the stuff. You know, he said, all the blood is flowing down. It makes my legs. So I use the ice and then I let him throw out naturally. He said, I don't go into heat because the blood travels to where the heat is right.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know that. After I see melow Dook, I started doing.
Speaker 4: That, right, And it's just you start picking up these little tricks from players. You know, Mellow's younger, so someone taught him that. Then I started doing it, and then started really taking stretching serious. So you know, these guys are really taking care of their body a lot longer. Right, you're looking at Kadi at his age. Look Out, he's playing step at his age. Look Out he's playing. So you know, they looking better than the previous era, which is talking about the twenty ten's, the two thousand, you know, the fives and stuff. They look how they look, even somebody like Chris Paul. We're not even realizing Chris Paul is old as hell and he's still out there moving at a high rate.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I remember when I first got into the league and I saw all the old old guys getting in the cold tub. I said, man, what the hell y'all doing. It's like, oh, don't worry about the sharp You'll be here one day. I'm like, man, please, yeah, I sure it was. It didn't take me long. So I started icing before practice, after practice. What we did, Yeah, we did what we call contrast. We get in the cold tub for a minute before the game. Cold tub, hot tub, cold tub, hot tub, cold tub, hot tub, shower. Hey, that blood really circulating. We ready to go. But you're absolutely right. You once you understand, because when you know better, you can do better. If so, now, all the guys that's coming, all you got to do is look at the guys that's still playing at a high level. Look at what they're doing to maintenance. Forget the talent because you might not be as talented, but you could. Obviously you're in the league, so you are a talented But how can I maximize my time in the league? How could I cut down the injuries while I'm in the league. And you look at guys and that's you know that cold that those icing your knees and I being in the cold tub and taking care of your body, getting massage and doing pilates, taking yoga, do it the way you eat? I was I brought. I started to trend because I started bringing my food to work back in ninety three. And we were like, man, what you because I said that those people they cooking for one hundred people, they putting salt and all that. I say, I know what's in here. I know how much protein, how much carbohydrate, how much salt. I know all of the magneque. I know everything it's in that food. See they feeding one hundred, I'm eating for one. Did your brother teach you that? No?
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: I always had a mentality of a body you're to gil. I mean my first three years, I ate fast food free every meal, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I mean I stopped by I get the I get sausage biscuits, or I go by Burger King, I get them the French toastticks. I mean then I go get McDonald's or I get Kentucky Fried chick. I was eaven just and I was just like man. Everybody was looking like man, damn sharp, you eat like that? Man? You see how you built. I had like seven eight percent body fat and somebody and I had a cousin that was a bodybuilder. He said, cuz you aught to just like for like a month, eat healthy and see what you could look like. I said, right, I was hooked. I mean I mean, I mean seven percent body fat. I went down to like five.
Speaker 4: Ah man, okay, So, and I've always I've always been people like when'd you start?
Speaker 2: I've always been like this, I've always had this body. They was just thinner, you know. I was one hundred and eighty pounds, but I was chiseled. And even as I got the two o five two fifteen, two twenty five, I was still chiseled, even as I got the two thirty two forty five. And I walk around now, I'm head now probably like two fifty two fifty five, which is I'm gonna get my get my black ass back down to like two forty. Yeah, that's that's that's too. Hey, I got I'm carrying too much most again, I don't need to carry most like that. But but once I but I felt better, and see you got people don't realize I played the lion's share of my career at two hundred twenty eight pounds as a wide receiver playing tight end. Okay, okay, so Calvin Johnson and Julio Jones and Brandon Marshall and all those guys waiting more than I did. And they played Taylor Loewand and they played wide receivers. They weigh more than I did. But you gotta have a mindset to be down there the band go Gil, you gotta have a mindset. They gonna win some, but you ain't whip my ass all day. I'm gonna get me so theyway, I'm gonna get some linck back. I didn't want y'all know I would get my lick back. I would get a lick here there y'all gonna win, y'all s here, But I'm gonna tell y'all can tell y'all linebackers and saint just ask something when that got on your past route.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like for people to understand, like uh, like a Lebron James right now, durant.
Speaker 2: A Curry.
Speaker 4: We all take our cars to get them serviced at three thousand miles.
Speaker 2: Lebron and hating them.
Speaker 4: They're probably getting their their car service at fifteen hundred miles or one thousand miles.
Speaker 2: Yeah they're not. They're not waiting three thousand, full thousand five most of us.
Speaker 4: I just got listen, I just got my car oil change, and I was fifteen hundred miles over the three thousand miles. Oh, I got a change at forty five hundred miles, right. And that's how it was with my body. I'm waiting till I'm hurting, hurting before I got come to it. These guys are not even getting to that point, right, They're getting to the engine light about to turn, and then they feeling it up. They're not letting their gas taken go past empty.
Speaker 2: Someone told me that about a car.
Speaker 4: He said, never let never let your engine go to the empty because the stuff that sits at the bottom of the gas tank that kind of messes up your stuff.
Speaker 2: So always don't let it go past you know, the twenty five percent before you feel it up. Always keep that high octane. Never get it to the end where it's running night. He said, never let your your take your engine run on that. He said, Hey, treat like a race car. You got a pist stop. Hey, you know what I'm saying. Hey, I just started. Hey, I'm going I'm going seventy miles and I would get a new chest, new sentitized, I would get some gas. I would have a guy cleaned the window. I would have to do all that. I ain't gonna wait too ay, well something going ay, Nope, I got a fist stop. I would do all that.