Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in Watch Right with Nick Right Episode two fourteen. Uh, we gotta get right to it. I'm a little discombobulated today. I didn't sleep in my own bed last night, slept in a hotel ten blocks from my house because my house was no heat, no hot water, getting a whole thing new boiler system installed, and so do we had heat and hot water, but we did it wasn't working properly. In order to get it working properly, they had to cut everything off, and so we had to go. I was just gonna, you know, brave it out, demanse, but I guess who in the family thought it was just a non viable option to, you know, sleep under an extra cover. Because it was not your mother. No, No, it was your bougie ten year old sister, who was like, you're joking, right, what do you mean? I was like, you'd take a cold shower. You're joking, daddy, Daddy, you're joking. We have to Are we going to Nana's or are we going to a hotel?
Speaker 3: I mean, she's just I went.
Speaker 4: When we got home, the heat hadn't.
Speaker 3: Been working all day.
Speaker 2: The house was at sixty three degrees, which is obviously cold, but not like dangerous.
Speaker 5: And I can't stay here because I was almost like so, I was so sure it was mom that said that.
Speaker 4: The fact that it was Deanna kind of surprises me.
Speaker 2: But well, I mean, listen, you and your sister have been gone long enough that you're little that your baby sister is now simply your mom with some of my facial features.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: I just live with a grown version of your mother and a miniature version of your mother and dexter. That's my life. And by the way, I don't dexter. I think the last time he boarded at the vet. They partially lobotomized him or something. He has turned into the most chill dog. He is like just hangs out, lays around. It's really shocking. I don't know, he's just like the last four months, he's gone from total maniac to mostly chill. But you think Dior did something to him? No, I think you have a theory that.
Speaker 5: Causes him to be like wild. Oh oh, you know what that might be?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: You know what that might be right? All right, let's get to the show. Here's what missed the cut. The Pro Bowl skills competition happened. Listen, I understand why they try to change things up.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: You can't play a tackle football game, but whenever there's a skills competition, there's no winners, only losers. And poor Jalen Hurts just whiffing on those one pointers not you know that's gonna follow him a bit. Will Travis Kelcey be on the new Taylor Swift album I'm gonna guess No? And Michael Boublay does shrooms at the NHL All Star Draft allegedly he later denied it. Evidently those are I gotta say that was in a seven words sentence that was three things I don't care about, the NHL All Star Draft, magic, mushrooms, and Michael Boublay. You could not have created a shorter sentence that jam backed more things I'm not interested in than you did right there, psychedelic drugs of sport, I don't know the rules too. And Michael blue Blay, who I know is a famous musician, but I don't know what instrument he plays or if he's a singer, not familiarly.
Speaker 5: Still kind of confused on how like it's alleged, Like why they suspected that he was on shrooms.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think they I literally have he said it and then denied it is I think the.
Speaker 3: Way it went down.
Speaker 2: But I am really right now flying blind, Like the producers could have been totally duped by some deep fake and I'm gonna be the one that get here. All right, Let's get right, get it, Let's get right into the show.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, bell all right.
Speaker 5: So it's Super Bowl week and for some reason, it doesn't seem like anybody is on the Niner side. You know, obviously everybody down at Kansas City all year except for you. But now that it's Super Bowl time. It seems like everybody's on Kansas City side. How are you feeling about the current sit time?
Speaker 3: I'm feeling great.
Speaker 2: I also I also reject this premise the Niners are favorites, and they were.
Speaker 3: They opened it three, immediately.
Speaker 2: Got bet down to one, and now have been bet back up to two and a half. And then Niners sending out a tweet saying, against all odds, this will be the Niners twentieth football game this year. Demonse of the twenty games, guess how many they were favored in?
Speaker 3: Is their twentieth game of the year?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Niners this year twenty, if not nineteen, I want to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, twenty.
Speaker 2: The first team in seven years to be favored in every single game.
Speaker 3: They've played all season.
Speaker 2: They will, and once the Super Bowl has been played, they will tie the record for most games favored in a single season. Now, again, it's a longer season, but there's only been six teams in NFL history favored in even nineteen games throughout the year, and the Niners have already done that, So there is a real unique So here's how I'm feeling. I am feeling confident. I am feeling confident because the Niners. Let's just talk about what the Niners have been dealing with on both sides of the ball versus what the Chiefs have been dealing with. Okay, the Niners have played two bottom ten defenses in the NFL. I would argue two of the worst defenses that made the playoffs in the Packers and the Lions, and Purty looked shaky for the first three quarters of both of those games. All right, So that's the Niners offense, which has been kind of in fits and starts against mediocre to bad defenses.
Speaker 3: And now you are playing what I believe to be.
Speaker 2: Well, what is undoubtedly one of the three best defenses in football, and I believe arguably the best defense in football.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The Niners defense, on the other hand, has played Jordan Love in his second playoff game ever, and Jordan Love's good, but it was his second playoff game ever, and Jared Goff, who's good, but he's Jared Goff.
Speaker 3: And that defense.
Speaker 2: Looked like it was susceptible, certainly against the run, and had trouble wreaking Havoc, had trouble getting pressure. Now they are playing the most talented quarterback to ever live. Now let's turn it around the Chiefs. What defenses have they faced?
Speaker 3: Round one?
Speaker 2: An injured, mediocre Dolphins defense, but in the third coldest game ever played in NFL history. Round two, the number four scoring defense in the league in Buffalo, granted, dealing with some injuries on the road. Three, the defense everyone said was the best defense in the league. And now they get the Niners. Now it's not as if the Chiefs this no, no, I that you're right about. Well, yes and no. The defense was the reason they were in the big hole. The defense allowed seventeen first half points, but then the defense obviously tightened. But my point is for the Chiefs there's gonna be an element of, you know, going from getting in a hot tub and then jumping in a pool.
Speaker 3: The reverse of that, I guess would be.
Speaker 2: Is what I'm saying, where what you've gotten used to Now you're dealing with something very different, going from the Ravens even to the Niners. Now flip side to that one. What offenses have the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Been dealing with?
Speaker 2: Well, you had Tua in the freezing cold, that was pretty easy, and you had Josh Allen on the road doing all the Josh Allen running things. Even though he didn't have a great downfield passing game. Then you had the league MVP in Lamar and made him play his worst game of the season, and now you have brock perty. So the Chiefs thus far this postseason will be, in my opinion, playing one of the softer probably the second easiest defense they've played to Miami, and the second worst quarterback they've played to Miami. The Niners will be playing the best defense they've played by a mile and the best quarterback they have played by a mile, And so in all those regards, I feel good about it, and I also feel confident because the Niners don't seem confident. You know what a confident team does. Let me rephrase it. You know what a team like confidence does? Well, no, no, not even the tweet. Don't make pre excuses. And all of a sudden, what have the storylines coming out of the Niners camp been? The Chiefs tackles hold too much, it's not fair day, and yesterday the practice field. This is outrageous fun fact America. Last year there was a Super Bowl, like there is every year in a city with only one NFL team. So last year one team got the NFL's facility to practice in the other team got a local college team. Does anyone know who got which last year with Niners Eagles? Of course not because the Chiefs were not whiny babies saying why are we at Arizona State and there where the Cardinals play?
Speaker 3: Not fair?
Speaker 2: Give me a break, And then and then folks saying, oh, but the the where the Raiders have an indoor facility, You know where the Chiefs practiced yesterday outdoors in the rain in pads. So the pregame whining and excuses strike me as a team that's a little anxious about the moment.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of factors that favor Kansas City. And if you watched Media Night last night, there was it was very interesting. Just if we're gonna do some body language doctoring with Patrick Mahomes seeming to approach it as all right, yeah, this is part of my annual schedule. Four in the last five years, I've dealt with.
Speaker 4: One of these.
Speaker 3: I know what's coming. There's gonna be a cute kid.
Speaker 2: They're gonna ask me some gotcha question, They're gonna ask me some weird questions. I'm gonna have to at some point address my dad's dui, which is a real thing. That is that's you know, I feel terribly for Patrick in a lot of regards.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: His family is constantly in the headlines for bad reasons and he never is. And but I think Patrick can compartmentalize.
Speaker 3: And deal with it. Uh, but he knows it.
Speaker 2: And Birdie last night totally understandably had the look on his face of someone who kind of couldn't believe they were there. And I'm not again, I think it's similar to the look Patrick had his first time.
Speaker 5: This isn't a shot below the belt.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I think anybody in their first Super Bowl, if they're a young player, it's a.
Speaker 4: Holy bright light moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, bright light and it's like, Wow, this is real and this is happening. And that's where the experience matters, the experience of dealing with all of these things.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: I am highly highly confident right now going into the game.
Speaker 3: All Right, we have never a Doubt update tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Yes, So just a reminder, we are still giving out the never a Doubt tattoos for the fans who chime in on social media. We have a great We had a ton of great selections over the weekend. I think we're about to preview a couple. Yeah, and these folks are winners, so.
Speaker 3: I kill this guy.
Speaker 2: This guy might not even have room for the temporary tattoo, but he's got the great Chiefs Arrowhead logo Jason Lennock and I would imagine if we're showing your tweets, you've won one of the tattoos. We can go to the next one. This guy has a tweet and of videos. This guy says me, oh, yeah, this one's This guy was awesome. Me and my wife believe due to the fact that her and I believe in trap us and tailor and get nick right and also mahomes. They did a nice photoshop and they sent us a video. Let's hear it right now.
Speaker 4: What do you think, bib never a doubt?
Speaker 2: Nice living room set up too. I don't know if that's like a loft apartment. That was nice and that was well done. So she's gonna get one.
Speaker 3: And then this.
Speaker 2: Guy who I showed this to Kevin Wilds yesterday and wild said to me, you're out here ruining lives. This guy got a giant bigger than mine, similar script tattoo on his forearm. So shout out to simply rigs or rags. My apologies, we'll send you one anyway. But great job by him.
Speaker 3: That was really cool.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that demanse till you, uh till you I.
Speaker 4: Saw on Twitter whatever.
Speaker 2: So we're still taking submissions. Uh so just hashtag never a doubt at what's right? Show VIC has one. Let's see Vic. Oh that looks great. Oh that really does look just like mine. I think that's really that's really well done. So the only I'll add, the only difference between the temporary ones and the one I got is people think if they see my tattoo in person that it's like already fading. You can't really see it on camera like that. And I still haven't figured out how to show this on camera. I apologize I can't do those body movements to show this properly.
Speaker 3: But it's not that it's fading, it's that I had them do it.
Speaker 2: I wanted it to look exactly like how I write with a sharpie and.
Speaker 3: Is so the way.
Speaker 2: The reason it looks like it's faded in some spots is if you're writing and you don't keep like the same pressure on the paper at all spots you know what I mean, Like with a marker, some things come up a little faded and not and the artist did a great job with it, and so uh so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're still giving those out, all right. What do you mean fake sounds.
Speaker 4: Like fits fading in certain spots.
Speaker 3: Your sister was there with me.
Speaker 2: What's so funny about that part of it is, if I may for a moment, is I demanse wanted the tattoo for a long time. Demand wanted his ears piers for a long time earlier.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, go ahead, I'm sorry, go ahead, you go. No, I was just like the tattoo. I did little white earspears for a long time. The tattoo thing like, I don't think I was ever like, oh, when I leave my hometown or whatever, I can't wait to get a tattoo that kind of like spontaneously happened, But yes it did.
Speaker 2: But continue So I mean, you're listen, by the way, a couple of your tattoos look like spontaneous decisions.
Speaker 4: Like wait, no doubt, there wasn't.
Speaker 2: A lot of like long term planning going into it.
Speaker 4: But I.
Speaker 5: Hold, I know right now I can have some great tatts, dude, But.
Speaker 3: You could yeah.
Speaker 2: But as I was saying, so Demand's mom said, was it fourteen or sixteen?
Speaker 3: We let you get your ears pearce? Do you remember it was? I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I think it might have been like seventeen eighteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought then it was sixteen because seventeen was Yeah, it was sixteen sixteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it make a lot more sense, sorry.
Speaker 2: I said to him and his mom. And as corny as parenting as this sounds, I was like, I think getting your ears pierced is the body art gateway drug. Like, once you get your ears pierced, then only next thing for a guy's tattoos. And I wasn't anti tattoo as far as like I think they're bad. I was anti people getting them when they're young and don't know if they're gonna love them forever. And so I told I said to Demonse the same thing I said that my dad said to me, which my dad saved me, by the way, because a unique thing about me that people would not expect is right after nine to eleven, I wanted to get a massive nine to eleven related memorial tattoo about the fireman that died.
Speaker 4: Massive.
Speaker 2: I figured I knew exactly what was gonna be. My girlfriend at the time had painted like she was an artist, had painted something, and I wanted to get this, like basically a third of my back like this. And if I would have gotten that tattoo, I think my entire life would be different. I think it would be just like And so my dad said to me, said, listen, here's the deal. When you, uh, if you're old enough to, you know, make a decision on tattoos, you're a full grown adult. And that means you no longer get any money like to help with college. And you know what I mean, You're a grown man. So the the day you get a tattoo is the day I stop helping to pay for education, is what he always said. And that I didn't get a tattoo until four years ago. I got you and your sister and your your sister's names on my chest, and I got your mom's name on my ring finger five maybe five years ago, four years ago, something, three years ago, I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, I I know exactly when it was.
Speaker 2: It was in Houston, right before the pandemic, because we were in Houston to see a Laker game, and we got it done in Houston.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so it was February.
Speaker 2: Or January of twenty twenty is when I got my first tattoo, and so Demanse.
Speaker 3: I get.
Speaker 2: The reason for this convoluted story is I gave Demanse these same threats and he didn't get a tattoo, and then when he did get one, he tried to hide it from me for a bit.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Smash cut to seven years later, days after your sister's eighteenth birthday, I went to the tattoo parlor with her and she got a tattoo, and I got the four arm tattoo, and Doora facetimed Demanse from the tattoo bench or whatever bed, I don't know, and the look and I could he couldn't see me, but I could see him, and the look on his face was one of, Oh, you're gonna be in trouble. And then Doora handed up to show me, and the look on his face then switched to you've gotta be f and kidding me, like you lectured me about this, and now you're with Diora getting by that time's changed.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: The parents of alve you know, first, second, and third Deanna might have a tattoo when she's like fifteen, who knows?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, next, let's go to Brock Burden.
Speaker 5: All right, So now that you've laid out that there's never a doubt and the Chiefs are obviously going to win, Let's just I could shin a little.
Speaker 2: See Deanna trying to get like freckle tattoos. She'd be like, oh, it's fine, they won't even know their tattoos.
Speaker 4: Maybe a mole or something.
Speaker 2: Sixteen year old Deanna could be like, no, listen, she have a whole power point explaining why it's a good idea.
Speaker 3: All right, go ahead to Bruck.
Speaker 5: So that now that we've you've laid out that you've got zero doubt on the Niners beating the Chiefs, you are one step away from Brock party ending you as far as Jinxes. If by off chance, that party happened to beat Patrick Mahome, would you then call him great or admit to him being good?
Speaker 2: Finally, okay, so let's play the clip from four months ago when I said this weeks into the NFL season, go ahead, if people are rooting against me. The way this story is supposed to end is with Brock Purty outdueling Patrick Mahomes in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a heartache and talk about never a doubt. That'd be hilarious. Dude.
Speaker 3: Here's the deal.
Speaker 2: The question is if Purdy balls out, does he go from good to great? I'm really glad that's the way you guys phrased it. If brock Purty plays great, not if the Niners win, because that's a different question because there's a lot of ways to win a football game. The most direct way is have your quarterback play great. But we've seen plenty of football games with quarterback doesn't play great and the team finds a way to win. Anyway, if brock Purty plays great against this Chiefs defense, win or lose, I will absolutely elevate him in my mind. If in his first Super Bowl in year two against this defense he plays an awesome game. Yeah, of course that will matter, like all of the stuff matters, guys. And I did something on the show the other day where I just listed the quarterbacks who I currently believe are better than brock Purty, and it was I didn't think it was insulting, but he came in fourteenth in the league, and I gave him all the ties, so anyone that it was a close call I gave to brock So fourteenth is right above league average. Folks want me to say things that I think brock Perty is better than Dak Prescott.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I understand Dak had a terrible playoff game. I don't think he's running the Dak Prescott. Some people want me to say that I think brock Perty is better than Justin Herbert. I don't, and they I understand Herbert's zero to one in the playoffs. I think the Niners with Justin Herbert over the last four years would have a couple super Bowls and with this roster, and so I just but if he were to go play great in the Super Bowl against the Chiefs defense, of course that would that would elevate him in my mind.
Speaker 4: All right, next, Glad you're being fair about it, Pops. I love to hear it.
Speaker 2: So, Peter, I've been nothing but fair. Now now real quick, hold on, real quick, real quick. If, on the other hand, this chief defense makes brock Perty look out of his depth and they roll him up, I mean all of some things to say there as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, brock party is I mean, they might not have the means to do anything about it. But don't you think if the Chiefs were to like expose him or embarrass him to where like he does nothing, he's not the quarterback of that team next year?
Speaker 4: I think no, So I think enough to get him out of there.
Speaker 3: Well, they don't they because here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I think that if he plays great and they win, he guarantees he's their quarterback long long term. Right if he plays terribly, I still think he's going to be their Week one starter next year because of the money factor of it, because they haven't for yeah, for I mean nine hundred grand for next year and the year after, and they can't even give him a contract extension this offseason if they wanted to. I thought that if that first playoff game Demanse against Green, if a couple of those dropped pick sixes were actual pick sixes, if they hadn't had the good drive at the end, then I think a seat could have been hot this offseason. But because they're there, listen, I mean Jimmy right now, it's kind of the Jimmy G. Treck, in my opinion, being carried by a great supporting cast. Get to a super Bowl early in your tenure. I'm still not convinced the coach loves you the way he professes to love you. And everyone likes to throw the Kyle Shanahan quotes at me and the teammate quotes at me, But they'd be more relevant if he hadn't said all those same things about Jimmy Garoppolo. Don't know why he gets so much criticism, don't he's he's a winner, all these things. Now, I think Purdy is better than garazine competent. I think Purty's better than Tua. But and that's that's one of my frustrations is I have been just as hard on Tua over the course of the regular season, and Tua had a better regular season in my opinion, than Perty did, and nobody cared like the And it's a lot of the saying.
Speaker 5: It's crazy because you think that you have like a lot more beef towards Miami with Tyreek Hill going over there.
Speaker 4: I think that people would latch onto that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so that part I don't I don't totally get all right, next.
Speaker 5: All right, So Peter King sat down with Kyle Shanahan for an interview, and Kyle admitted that his past off season, the forty nine ers thought about bringing in Tom Brady to mentor Rock Party. The plan was for him to start a year and mentor Rock Party as he was rehabbing from that elbow. So do you think that Kyle Shanahan actually had plans on doing this or is he trying to get Rock Party more bulletin board.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing.
Speaker 2: A week ago party is the one that kind of broke this story. Party was being interviewed a week ago by someone from ESPN and they buried this in the story.
Speaker 3: And I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Perty said on the record that Kyle told him in the offseason, Hey, you're gonna be our Week one starter unless we get Tom Brady Perdy.
Speaker 3: That was not anonymous source. That was some sources say.
Speaker 2: And for some reason, no one other than Florio seemed to care about that story. That is why Kyle was then asked about it and Kyle confirmed it. It also confirms what a lot of people thought, which is that Tom Brady did not want like, was you know, ambivalent on retirement. Well yeah, and you know, was trying to see elsewhere. And if you remember Brady like two weeks ago on Instagram or something, talked about how it would have been suit. He was thinking he was going to come out of retirement like in March or something.
Speaker 3: But then I forget what it was.
Speaker 2: Is somebody threw him a party or there was some of event and he was like, no, it would be too awkward. Like I think it's very clear the Niners talk to Brady about coming out and gosh darn it, I wish he had done it, because him ever having a chance to beat him in the playoffs again is a tough one to swa you know what I mean, is a tough one to swallow.
Speaker 5: All right, next, Yeah, So with a win, Andy Reid has a shot at chasing after Belichick for the goat coach. With a loss, Kyle Shanahan will once have another major loss on his resume. Does Reed have more to gain in this game or does Shanahan have more to lose?
Speaker 3: Oh Ried has more to gain?
Speaker 2: Listen, Kyle shanan is one of the five best coaches in football, and I think everybody understand at this point. No, Well, the thing is this, It's not about blaming brock Purty. It's that Shanahan has gotten. It is Shanahan's brilliance in my opinion, and John Lynch's roster building that has allowed a team that has started Jimmy Garoppolo and Brock Purty at quarterback the last five years.
Speaker 3: To play in two Super Bowls.
Speaker 2: I mean that's wild. That's really wild and really impressive. And so, I mean, the other people who have started in Super Bowls are Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Matt Stafford, and Joe Burrow. And then it's Jimmy Garoppolo.
Speaker 4: And so would you argue it's just as good as a feat.
Speaker 5: As what Andy Reid and all these other guys are doing, since he's bringing these guys with body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think it's wildly impressive. I think it's wildly impressive. So I'm not gonna be one of those people that's like, ah, Shannan can't win. That's what people said about Andy Reid forever until he got Mahomes, went to four straight conference championship games, went to a Super Bowl, lost it like tough spot. Here's what I will say about the what Andy Reid has to gain. I don't think people recognize how close he is to Bill not from a Super Bowls but from everything else. Okay, So Belichick didn't get a job, which means he might never get one. Maybe he will, but there were eight openings, no one hired him, and now he's gonna be a year removed and a year older. Andy all time regular season wins is forty two, I'm sorry, forty four behind Bill. That's four years. Is Andy gonna coach four more years? If he does, he will pass Bill in regular season wins. Playoff wins is crazy? How much do you like?
Speaker 3: I'll just say it.
Speaker 2: Bill Belichick is number one all time with thirty one playoff wins and Andy Read is number two, twenty.
Speaker 4: Five, twenty five.
Speaker 3: He's six behind him.
Speaker 2: So you can you can see a story where Andy passes him. So let's just say Andy, they win this weekend and Andy coaches four more years, He's not gonna catch him in super Bowls. But if Andy finishes with five super Bowls to Bill's six, if Andy has more wins, has more playoff wins. Bill had eight losing seasons, eight Andy has three. Bill without Tom has a losing record, no playoff wins, none of it. Andy without Patrick went to five conference championship games, went to the playoffs ten times, went to a Super Bowl. Now Bill is three to zero against Andy in the playoffs, once in f and then twice in Kansas City. Point is this it'll you'll at least be able to make the argument. But Andy has doesn't have enough time left. You know, he's got to win this one. Uh and all right, what's the follow up?
Speaker 4: Pim on?
Speaker 5: So major part of Reid's legacy has been his coaching tree, the coaches that have worked under him, and one of those coaches is Eric b Enemy, who still hasn't gotten a fair shot at a head coaching job. Could you see a reunion with him and the Chiefs on the horizon.
Speaker 2: So I would love that. I think the Enemy at this point has he's either going to be the head coach of the Chiefs when Andy retires, or he's going to be the head coach of a college team the NFL is clearly not going to hire, and they.
Speaker 3: Like, that's just where he is. I think it's bullshit, but it is what it.
Speaker 2: Is, and so I would I personally would love for him to come back and get a Jerrod Mayo type of agreement, which is in writing that, hey, you're our guy after Andy. The problem with that is, I know Florio has floated that Andy could retire this year, that he might retire soon. When Patrick signed that ten year extension, he said that Andy told that he wouldn't have signed it a ten year deal if Andy didn't tell him he was planning to be there for the entirety of it. So now maybe he won't hold him to the entirety of it. But for the record, there are one, two, three, four, five six, there are eight years left on Patrick mahomes contract. Also, nothing makes me feel more warm and fuzzy and great the fact that Patrick Mahomes is eight years left on his deal. I mean that it is just an all time, all time agreement for Patrick to do it and move by Brett Vie that keeps building.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like a different sea. Yeah, I mean it's.
Speaker 2: Well, so his contract. The way his contract works is it's ten years, four hundred and fifty million. That could be ten years five hundred million, so it averages forty five to fifty million a year, which actually makes him wildly underpaid. But the guarantees are really fascinating because the guarantees role fifteen months early. I don't want to spend time on this, but they just well and they keep. Uh, the contract made him people misunderstood it. The contract essentially made him uncuttable because each year, then next year's salary becomes guaranteed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what it was. That's what it was.
Speaker 2: So the way it works is like right now, if you look at spot racker or whatever, it looks like, Oh, in two years, if Mahomes falls off, the Chiefs could get out of his deal for just thirteen million bucks. But they can't because by that time, more of the guarantees will have vest it. So like he is the he The Chiefs took a risk that Mahomes wasn't going to win the Super Bowl and go off the deep end, you know, deteriorate, you know, not be committed whatever. And Mahomes took a risk that I'm not gonna I'm probably gonna leave two hundred million dollars on the table and not squeezing every dollar out of it. But I think he's smartly understood this the legacy for this team to compete, legacy, legacy and quality of teammates. So here's the other and we'll talk about this more on Thursday, But here is the other thing. The Chiefs are playing for.
Speaker 4: This weekend.
Speaker 2: It is not just to be cemented unequivocal dynasty, not just to have the first back to back in the NFL since the Patriots in three to four, but it is also in order to really become a place to monse that veteran free agents look to and say, I've made enough money, I want to play in a super Bowl.
Speaker 3: That is my only smart option.
Speaker 2: And because if this Chiefs team in a year everyone except for me thought they were cooked.
Speaker 3: If they win this Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Then if and I'll use the name of a guy who I think is coming to Kansas, well Odell, But O'Dell's not a great player anymore.
Speaker 3: But uh, a good example would be.
Speaker 2: Trying to think of a Mike Evans is not a good example because I think he's gonna make so much money, he's still so good, and he's already won a ring, so he's not the person. And t Higgins obviously hasn't gotten paid yet, so he's not the example.
Speaker 4: But I'll use.
Speaker 2: Someone from a year ago. A year ago, if the Chiefs win this Super Bowl and the free agency that DeAndre Hopkins had last year were to happen, right now, it's like nuke. You've made a ton of money. You've never been passed round two of the playoffs. The one time you were passed in Round two, you were up twenty four to nothing on Kansas City, and then the Chiefs scored fifty one consecutive points and beat a fifty one to thirty one. That happened in a real NFL game, Demons. The Chiefs were up, were down twenty four to nothing in the first half, and led it halftime twenty eight to twenty four. That was I mean, yeah, it was one of the great wildest, greatest, Yeah, and so.
Speaker 4: The coach fired after that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The next year it was the last game DeShawn ever played with the Texans. Oh the whole I mean, they wrecked the entire franchise and that won for ninety minutes.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But someone like that, a player like that saying, you know what, I've made a bunch of money. I want to play in the Super Bowl. And you saw, on a lesser extent, the Chiefs were already doing it. Drew Tranquill, who's one of their linebackers, who is not a big name but has been awesome for them. They got him from the Chargers for one year three million bucks. Now he didn't have a massive market, but I can't imagine that was his highest offer. He tweeted out the text exchange between he and Andy Reid after the free agent visit, and Andy texted him saying, hey, now you have my number. Please call me if you're having any questions. We want you here, and then he wrote Sea Red Seed Championships and it was like, hey, man, like come here and you're gonna be able to play deep into the season and build a legacy.
Speaker 3: And so if they win this year.
Speaker 2: I think that, especially on the offensive side of the ball, you're gonna have real opportunities. And my other I don't think it'll happen, but gosh, I hope if they win this year, Chris Jones tells his agents to go to hell.
Speaker 3: And he will find some one. Uh yeah, well, and doesn't.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying you gotta pay Chris Jones, you know, Like he's not awesome, but he's gonna be He's the best free agent available and somebody will hay him, you know, and a red I could see the Bears saying we're gonna draft Caleb. We're gonna draft a wide receiver and we're gonna get the number one free agent available on Chris Jones, so something like that. We'll see, all right, we've got a new game to play. Keep your questions and comments coming. Also will do another check in on Never a Doubt the tattoo Gibaway. We'll do all that next quick break right back with Drake. Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright Episode two fourteen, and this episode is brought to you by US Bank. Winter can be a bummer guys, but thankfully we have sports to gein us through this.
Speaker 3: Time of the year.
Speaker 2: If you ask me, nothing goes together quite like your favorite foods and your favorite teams, especially this time of year. You got the NFL Playoffs, you have Pro basketball. You can hang out at home on your couch until it finally gets warm out. US Bank Altitude go oh visa signature card provides the perfect way to earn rewards, whether watching your team with other fans at a local restaurant or in the comfort of.
Speaker 3: Your own living room.
Speaker 2: Earn four times points when you dine out or have food delivered. Maybe order a pizza and watch the Big game on your big screen TV. Earn two times points at grocery stores, which is great if you're staying at home and making snacks for the game, and if you're willing to brave the elements, even getting to the game can be rewarding. You learn two times points at gas stations and ev charging stations. Go to usbank dot com slash altitude go to learn more about how you can earn twenty thousand bonus points worth two hundred bucks if you spend one thousand dollars in the first ninety days of opening your account. Score big with the US Bank Altitude Go visa signature card.
Speaker 3: Visit usbank dot.
Speaker 2: Com slash altitude go to apply live every Day your Way, limited time offer credit or insure of This bank is US Bank National Association, assumant to a license from bc USA Incorporated.
Speaker 3: Some restrictions may apply.
Speaker 2: All right, demon's uh, so we've got another never a doubt check in.
Speaker 3: Uh. And so I think we can show some tweets here these cute kids.
Speaker 2: This one says we're rolling with the chiefs because my eight year old son and five year old daughter watch First Things First after school every day. We know who's the tops nicked tiers of Mahomes Mountain. So how can we loose You're so close Jeff Willett, but there's only one to zero and lose. Believe it or not, you know what, still sent him a tattoo. Kids don't take spelling tips from dad. But but other than that, did great, great work. Yeah, I think they watch Why would they not watch? Look like smart kids? Should I not have pointed out that he misspelled loose? Uh? Han Hoak on Instagram says he plans on showing it off in the second half when something detrimental happened to San Francisco. I'll be proud of it. Nick's been right all along. That's a great kind of hack if you, in addition to saying never a doubt, if you'd say that I've been right all along, it's pretty smart.
Speaker 3: What's Jake Lee's say?
Speaker 2: Jake Lee says, I became a chief fan I was seven watching Joe Montana. That means we're about the same age. You're a little younger than me, Jake. I believe the entire season was a build up to getting the right people in the right positions for the playoffs. That's why I never doubted. Then make another super Bowl hashtag never a doubt, all right, So keep those coming. Also, you guys can send your questions or comments for today's show in the chat. All right, before we get to a new game, demons, let's talk a little World Cup.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 5: So it's early, but we have a FIFA forecast for you guys. The twenty twenty six FIFA World Cup. Matt's schedule is officially out.
Speaker 4: Look at that graphic. Oh wow, yeah, I believe Yeah.
Speaker 5: The final. The final will be held at MetLife in Kansas City? Is getting is getting six games? Are you pulling? Are you pulling for a spot on the Fox broadcast teams?
Speaker 4: Trying to be quick with this. We got a really important game to play after this.
Speaker 2: But yes, I'm putting it right now. I'm you've got We've got two years to plan for this. And let me be very clear, Rob Stone and all of the Fox Soccer people do a brilliant job, and they don't need, nor do they want somebody who's not a huge fan or doesn't know a ton about the players of the teams parachuting in just because it's the biggest event in the sports world and it's in.
Speaker 3: The United States.
Speaker 2: With that said, that is not what I would be doing. I love the World Cup. We did a World Cup contest on this show and as evidenced by the by FIFA giving the US or giving Kansas City six games, four in the group stage, one in the out round, and one in the quarterfinals. They know soccer courses through my veins and and so yes, I absolutely want to be in some way shape or form a part of Fox's broadcast. I have tried unsuccessfully for years to be a part of Fox's NFL pregame stuff with some gambling tips. And you know, this year I didn't exactly make a great impression because the picks weren't great. So I kind of took a few steps back this year on that one.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I want to do something with the World Cup in Kansas City. I'm not gonna ask to just because the World Cup.
Speaker 4: Finals almost I feel like almost like you're very I'm not like the city.
Speaker 3: You know what we've got.
Speaker 2: We've got time and shout out to Mary Quinton Lucas since he is my high school track teammate, my good friend, the man who is officiating you and me and your mother's wedding slash renewal of vals. Mary gwent Lucas since he became the mayor of Kansas City. The Chiefs have won two Super Bowls, we have held the Draft, we have been awarded the World Cup. We're hitting six games and the Chiefs about to win another one. I mean really, And he fixed the potholes in the roads, which is super sharp of him. It's done a great thing to campaign on. I'm totally serious, Like one of his big campaign things was potholes. Because I'm gonna give you guys. I'm gonna give you guys a quick Kansas City anecdote. So, one of the main roads in Kansas City is State Line Road, which is exactly what it sounds like. The east side of the road is Missouri, the west side of the road is Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri. Most of it shares the on the Kansas side is a very affluent area, whether it's Overland Park or Leewood, which is one of the most affluent zip codes in the country. And you can be on you know, a road trip rout Kansas City with your eyes closed previously and know if you're on the Missouri side or Kansas side, because if you're on the if you're on the Kansas side, it's just smoothly driving. If you're on the Missouri side. Sounds like you're off roading because of all the potholes, and Quinton got after it. It was one of his campaign promises and he's done a great job with it, So shout out to him.
Speaker 3: All right, time for our game, now, go.
Speaker 5: Ahead, time for our game. God, Nick Right, private investigator. All right, So you may not know this about you. You might not know this about yourself, but in addition to being a TV host and a part time public defender, you are also a world renowned private eye.
Speaker 4: Okay, we've got music.
Speaker 3: To some old like film Noir, La Confidential. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So there's there's a few really confusing cases out there that the boys and I down at the station can't quite crack. H We need someone who sees things a different way and who doesn't play by the rules.
Speaker 4: That'd be you. We need Nick Right, private investigator on the case. Help us get to the bottom of these cases. Please look at Yeah, I forgot my Fedora.
Speaker 2: Watson and Sherlock Holmes. That's great. I love it, all right, demanse, what's the first one?
Speaker 4: So the first one?
Speaker 5: The forty nine ers are complaining about their practice field at UNLV, saying it's too soft. Authorities are stud because I think they are. Is the soft turf part of a larger conspiracy to help Kansas City or is it the forty nine ers who are soft?
Speaker 4: Detective, do you suspect foul play?
Speaker 3: No, I suspect pre complaining. You know what? This is the sports version of demanse.
Speaker 4: This like before the game starts.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's a great one. That Oh oh yeah, no, it's no problem.
Speaker 3: I'll still win.
Speaker 2: But you know the square button doesn't work great on this. I was gonna say that, I was gonna say, uh, going into a test that you know you're not gonna do well on in high school, just like you know, saying he is seemingly out of nowhere to your parents, Like, man, mister Thompson is is just such a bad teacher. Like you know, I was talking to my classmates and nobody seems to even understand the material, like we don't even know what the test is gonna be on. Like I'm sure I'll still do well, but just so you guys know, No, I suspect pre complaining is what I suspect.
Speaker 4: So go ahead. What you just said actually reminded me.
Speaker 5: I don't know if if I got in trouble and like they called you guys about this.
Speaker 4: There was a time my freshman year of high school with an atticate. It was my freshman and sophomore year.
Speaker 5: I had a chemistry test and I was going to do like really bad on it. And uh, I took the test like I took it in class and I just didn't turn it in like I took it with me to my following classes, and like three periods later, my teacher shows up in my room and it's like, where's your test?
Speaker 4: Took it from me?
Speaker 5: Like I got an f on it. I got screwed. I don't know if you guys ever found out about it. I don't know what my plan was. I think my plan was to be like, oh, like, you lost my test. Oh, I studied last night. I got to retake it own.
Speaker 3: Problem.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem on that plan. If I may real quick, Let's say it had worked flawlessly, right, and they were like, oh my gosh, tomansay, I lost your test, right, come in tomorrow and take it. Would you have given yourself any chance to have done better? Or would you have then when you took that test been just as unprepared, because my guess is that was not that was not again to mixed metaphors like hey, I'm filing this appeal to the courts. I think they're gonna overturn my conviction. I think that was more of a I'm filing this appeal to the court day of execation. Yeah, exactly, I hope I can get another two days. Like that's what that's more of.
Speaker 4: What it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's but I but yeah, here's the thing about chemistry. Chemistry, much like foreign language, is not the type of thing you can cram for. Like there are certain a history test, an English exam, certain types of math you can cram for. But chemistry, foreign language and certain other types of math you don't have to building blocks. You're just cooked. You're just totally totally cooked.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: Next, So the next one, Caleb Williams is the runaway favorite to be the number one pick, but the Commander's hired one of Caleb's guys in Cliffs Kingsbury to be their offensive coordinator. Colin Coward also suggests that Caleb Caleb simply doesn't want to play for the Bears, and he's also from DC. Detective Do you have suspicions about Washington's motives.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 2: I suspect that Washington is trying to do everything in their power to get Caleb to Oh, Demosis, got your luck, holmespipe.
Speaker 3: I suspect I like that.
Speaker 2: That Washington is trying to do everything possible to get Caleb to force a trade, to order to get his dad or whomever to try to make it very clear, we don't want to play in Chicago. I want to play in Washington, and so I don't think it's gonna work. I don't think Washington is I'm sorry, Chicago is going to trade the pick. Yes, Washington hired Cliff Kingsbury to make it even more attractive for Caleb, that he even more attractive for Caleb, that he forced a trade to Washington. And guys, the props are unnecessary and their demons is really having a hard time with them, and it's distracting from my brilliant take. But thank you Demonsee for trying to get the fire in the pipe for you to think about while I am well, I'm answering these questions next.
Speaker 5: All right, after rumors of Lebron being on the trade block were shut down, Lebron showed up to the to the garden wearing Knicks colored shoes and the left and left the court with the Knicks towel on his shoulders. Detective, is Sheriff Lebron pulling an inside job?
Speaker 2: No, listen, I see Lebron's not gonna play for them. He's not going to force the trade to the Knicks this year and in the offseason. I don't think he's gonna sign with him because of his issues with James Dolan. I mean, maybe it's possible what he's trying to do is pressure the Lakers before the trade deadline to improve the roster.
Speaker 3: And maybe to fire Darvinham.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I mean he's he's using the Knicks as a weapon to try to make the Lakers nervous.
Speaker 3: And oh, Demonsey's gotta okay, I mean.
Speaker 4: They gotta get a closer look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gotta fake magnifying glass. I mean this is I mean, Demonsis is.
Speaker 4: Having a great time.
Speaker 2: All right, ask your questions in the chat next and we'll do another never a doubt check in, We'll answer your questions.
Speaker 3: We'll do it next. What's Right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back to What's Right with Nick Wright Episode two fourteen. Do you want a free haircut from Supercuts after this year's Big Game? If the final score of the Big Game meets seventy five points, you could win a free haircut at Supercuts if you register at Supercuts highscore dot com. Why seventy five points because Supercuts has been cutting America's hair since nineteen seventy five, and seventy five just so happens to be the highest score ever for the Big Game. So while last year's game came just two point shy of seventy five, thirty eight to thirty five was the final the over seventy five has hit four times throughout this regular season. So we're looking for the over on super Cuts high score or of seventy five points for the chance to cutch free cuts at super Cut salons nationwide. Head to super Cuts high score dot com to register. Read the terms and conditions for eligibility. All right, Demanse, Let's just get right to the listener questions start with nikiel Clinton and don't kill. You can keep pleading to us at What's Right show hashtag never a Doubt Try to get some of the never a Doubt temporary tattoos, but go ahead, demnse.
Speaker 5: Nikkill, Clinton, Francis Hi Nick. If the Chiefs win, can we get a live podcast from the parade?
Speaker 3: Maybe that would be right to the parade.
Speaker 4: So probably not going to be able to get that done.
Speaker 3: Guys, I don't think you're allowed to fly right now.
Speaker 4: I probably could get a blood clot the yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I mean, I wasn't trying to make light of it, but I think you need to like be careful for the next like month before fair. But listen, obviously, you know, first things first, has on our schedule or annual trip to kansaity for the Super Bowl parade. People wondered whether or not, you know, we'd be making it this year if we were, you know, pre booking hotels too early. And I told him, guys, never a doubt. And now, yeah, we should be in Kansas City in a week and maybe we'll do a podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. It depends on the schedule of everything.
Speaker 4: Next, Greg Gregor's Michael. This guy's got a name on him.
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's a hell of a Polish name. Brother.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: George mckillis asked, how would you appreciate how would you appreciate Mahomes if he was playing for for another team, for example, the Broncos. It seems so incredible that he joined your beloved Chiefs. All the best, keep up the good work.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would recognize his greatness. I would not enjoy it as much. I mean the the I would he listen, Mahomes is better and has accomplished more than Luca, but I would put it kind of in the Luca category of I have no affiliation with the Mavericks. I just from the moment he started playing, was like, that guy's unbelievable. I love watching him play. It would be harder in the NFL because there is a team I love so much, But I mean, I would still appreciate how great he is.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: Next, it is awesome how Mahomes landed in Kansas City, though.
Speaker 2: But here's the game that I'll say about that real quick. It's more awesome when you consider the Chiefs had the twenty seventh pick, had a perennial playoff quarterback in Alex Smith, and Bret Veach as a scout had been targeting Mahomes since he was a freshman, and then they got the intel that in his draft the Saints at number eleven were going to draft him, and they moved up all the way from twenty seven to number ten to take him because they liked him so much. It wasn't a dumb luck the right bick, He's no doubt, Yeah it was, and so they earned it, all right.
Speaker 5: Next Brendan McDonald's say, question, bigger Super Bowl quarterback mismatch Party versus Mahomes or Grossman versus Manny?
Speaker 2: Oh no, listen, Grossman versus Manning's a big, bigger mismatch. I think Patrick is better than Peyton, but Peyton's, in my opinion, the third greatest quarterback ever, and re Rex Grossman was bad. I don't think brock Perty is objectively bad like And that Bears team was built on defense and special teams. So that was the bigger mismatch, no doubt about it, all right.
Speaker 5: Next, Keith Murphy, the unbeaten question for Nick. How many Category three takes have you had about San Francisco this year?
Speaker 3: I mean none so far.
Speaker 2: I mean I guess that I thought they'd make the playoffs and not win the Vision.
Speaker 3: Does that count? I don't know?
Speaker 2: Like the I mean, I picked Detroit to win the NFC title game, and instead they you know, just had a seventeen point second half lead and couldn't hold on.
Speaker 3: But no, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Keith Murray the now once beaten by me easily with question. Great show, everybody, See you guys on in about an hour and a half, See you on First Things First in three hours. See you and can't site for parade in eight days. Talk to you guys later.
Speaker 4: What's right?
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Nicker right. Thank you so much for watching. Please do us a favor. Click subscribe. It helps my ego and Demonsey's got a financial bonus writing on a number of YouTube subscribers, so help him out.
Speaker 3: And also click the bell.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the bell does, but they tell me to tell you to click the bell. And your audio listeners, people that have commutes, drives, whatever it is, subscribe to the podcast as well. Wherever you get the podcast, same show, just you know, just in your ears instead of through your eyes.
Speaker 3: All that check it out. Appreciate Jo