Speaker 1: It's time to place your bets. Let's talk to the pros. Welcome in everybody to betting pros. It's me Joey p joe Pisapia, and we got a great show for you today. As always, today we are officially halfway through the Major League Baseball season, and that means it's time to take a look at where we stand with some of our preseason predictions, some of our preseason awards, and whether or not we still feel confident in some of those wagers, and maybe we want to take our chips and put them some other places. And of course, if you recall when we did this before the season started, my illustrious partner, the EIC of Fantasy Pros, Dan Harris, my co host from leading off on Fantasy Pros, we sat down, we gave you the goods and overall things went pretty well. But we are sticklers for rules and we want to make sure that we're holding ourselves accountable. So Dan Harris, I hope you have your accountability hat on today because we're talking Major League Baseball halfway through the year.
Speaker 2: All I know is I never once said that a bet on Chohatani to win the MVP was wasting money. Never said it. I don't know who would have said that. That's a ridiculous thing to have said. So don't worry. I'm totally ready to be accountable for things that I actually said, not that which I never said.
Speaker 1: Now I kind of want to go back. Did you really say that? No, I didn't think it quite said that.
Speaker 2: I completely poo pooed the idea that he could win. I did it on our Fans Bros. Livestream or did it here on our Betting Pros podcast. I was like, it was fine to sprinkle a little something, but I did not view it as a realistic possibility. And now absolute injury, it's hard to see it not happening. So, yeah, there are misses, but there are plenty of hits as well. So let's get into it all.
Speaker 1: Right here we go, So let's start with the big ones. Let's start with MVP. In fact, let's start with the American League because right now, if you go to Bettingpros dot com, you can see the consensus of everything that we're talking about, and maybe, just maybe, in some of these betting houses you can find some odds that are a little bit better than even because that's what you got right now? For Showey Otani, who I think start out the year somewhere in the twenty five to one range and then it crept to ten and then started to get real interesting in the eight and a half, seven, six and a half. Now it is dead even for Otani and vlad Guerrero Junior. Even Vlad Guerrero Junior has come out and said, I don't even know how you can compare me to what that guy's doing. JJ Watt takes to Twitter. He doesn't even play baseball and he's talking about this. Are you guys crazy or are you drunk? Have you seen what this guy is doing? The question is would you get involved in the even bet and there's somebody even else out there worth putting money on. I don't think there is, even barring injury, even with missing time. I don't even know if you could put anyone's stats against what Atani's doing because he has a category that no other hitter does, and they're all the pitching categories and that's the difference. So even money right now not a lot of value. But is it worth the investment because of the difference between these two entities?
Speaker 2: I guess to answer the second part. First, no, there is nobody else who I can see factoring into this race. I mean, it would take both of these guys essentially getting injured for the rest of the season to really make it happen. I mean, who who's the third favorite here is? It's Xander Bogart's He's having a great season and I've got him at plus twenty eight hundred and our betting pros consensus rankings. Sure, that's fine, but there's just no chance. I mean, and again, the Red Sox are not succeeding because of Xander Bogarts. J D. Martinez is having a fabulous bounced back season. Rafel Devers also exceptional. You know, even Hunter renfro Is where is betting Alex Berdugo. It's a team effort with that, as opposed to the Angels, where you've got Otani who is doing historic stuff, and the Blue Jays, which again you've got Bobaschett. But Vladdie is playing out of his absolute mind. So look for me. Fine, if I think Otani is gonna win it regardless of where the Angels finished, just because of the historic nature of what he's doing. The only thing that I would really do at this point, if I were going to get involved, is look for the different books. You know, again at betting Pros we show the odds of different books. You want to go with plus money at Chotani at plus one oh five on DraftKings. If you could then also sprinkle a little bit on the plus one ten on Vladdie at FanDuel, go ahead and do that so you can probably almost certainly lack in a very minor profit. Other than that, just stay away. One of these two guys are gonna win it, and I don't really think it's worth it at this point. What did you get them at earlier in the season.
Speaker 1: I locked him in in season a month and a half into the season, I locked in Otani at six fifty. Okay, that's that's where I got Autani because I felt like, this is the last time it's ever gonna be this high a number. Yeah, it's just gonna be. And I waited, and I was really tempted at I think it was nine and a half where I started to go, oh, I really want to do this. But I had a little bit of discipline and it cost me some money. But you know what, I didn't wait too long where it costs me all the money potentially, I'm going to disagree respectfully with Dan. Don't sprinkle any lad sprinkle it all o time. This is a special, especially this week in front of the New York media doing what he's doing. It's a it's a media award, don't forget that. And media right now is loving the sho Heiyo Tani show. Let's talk about the National League a little bit more open here the consensus betting line here, Jacob deGrom the pitcher still plus one twenty five. You have Fernando Tattis Junior plus one seventy five. Then Akunya has fallen down to plus four hundred. He originally was the leader about a month ago when last time we checked in on this, and then he got the Jesse Winkers and some other guys like Cassie Allos at thirty and above. It's really probably a three person race. But I will say this, I think this is the time to get involved in Fernando Tattis Junior. He's an everyday player. The Padres have played very good baseball. The narrative is there with the injury, and as much as personally I love Degram and what he's doing, and it's spectacular. You can make the case for him. He's not an everyday player, and in a year where you have somebody performing as well as Tatis is, I think you have to think about that. But maybe you feel differently. Is de Grom transcendent enough for you in terms of a pitching season where even if Tatis hits forty home runs and seals twenty five bases, you're still gonna give it to de Grom because he's been that good.
Speaker 2: I think think the issue with MVP, as you mentioned, is it's a media award, right, we can't quantify it. It's not an over under, right, we can't say this is what we think. It's what's going to happen. If Tatis stays healthy and the Padres win that division, then yeah, he's got a very decent shot at it. But the Mets don't score runs, and I think they're what seven games over five hundred right now, and I think they're ten and three in the Grom starts like he is the Mets right now, and what he is doing is so historic, But with those odds, it's just not worth it for me to sprinkle on d Grom at this point because it's a pitcher and it's rare for him to win. He's already battling the injuries and everything like that. Plus one twenty five, you've got to basically say greater than a forty four percent chance for him to win the National League MVP. I don't really feel that way, but again, you know from our time at Fantasy Pros when we talk about it, I am still too worried about Fernando Tattis Junior's injuries. He's also got big mountains to climb for them to win that division with the Dodgers and the Giants. So for me, this is just not something that's worth even sprinkling on because I just don't feel comfortable with either of these guys at their odds.
Speaker 1: And they both have injury risks attached to them as well. Now, in terms of Jacob de Grom, when it comes to cy Young, a little bit of a different story. The number right here consensus is minus five sixty. So yeah, no thanks, nobody's gonna do that. The question is it worth throwing money anywhere else because of the injury risk of de Gram? If de Gram, god forbid, got shut down in two weeks for another injury or some other kind of issue, or ended up only let's say, making twenty five starts this year when all a said and done, that certainly could impact him. You and I have talked on leading off quite a bit about Brandon Woodruff's stats off the charts, the Milwaukee Brewers playing very good baseball. Corbyn Burns is at plus sixteen hundred, but Brandon Woodriff is plus eight hundred. Then you have you Darborship plus eighteen. You know, is an eight to one A small chip or two on Brandon Woodruff is not terrible because the stats are are pretty freaking spectacular. I mean, that's all I can tell you. They just are. They're off the charts good. But the reason why nobody's talking him is because de Grom is doing something. It goes like a cyborg. The trouble is the amount of starts. If Woodroff ends up with thirty two starts and Jacob deGrom ends up at twenty five at the end of the day, that might weigh very heavily on the thoughts of voters, But obviously de Grom's still the overwhelming favorite. Can you make a case for throwing any chips, whatsoever, anywhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, without question, you can. I mean, look, if da Gram stays healthy absent in historic collapse, and we have seen those with the mets of course in the past, but absent and historic collapse, the award is his. What he's doing right now is not human. So if he stays healthy, that's good. We've seen him already battling like three or four injuries this year, and with pitching there's always the chance of an injury, as we have seen with others. And you've mentioned Woodroff. Woodroff is great and there is value in him, I think at plus eight hundred. But I guess something that I'm confused about, Joe, and maybe you can explain it to me, is why is Woodroff at plus eight hundred when Kevin Gosman is at plus two thousand and Zach Wheeler is at plus twenty five hundred. You look at their stats lined up, they're all pretty similar. Wheeler and Gozman put up a ton of innings as well, which you know factors into the mind of voters because it's going to affect their war. It's gonna affect how valuable they are to their team. So for me, I'm definitely sprinking on Gosman and Wheeler at the very least, given that their odds are so far out of whack with Woodroff. Again, this is not something where a team really factors into it necessarily. Remember, voters will throw out wins and losses as they absolutely should. This is an individual award, So whether the Brewers make the playoffs, that can factor into other things. But I don't think with Cy Young, so do you have any understanding of why Kevin Gosman and Zac Wheeler is their odds are so much higher than they've.
Speaker 1: Seen good runs from Wheeler before. But the you know, this is obviously the best run and the best extended run he's had. I think that's baked into the number right now. I think if he continues to do this for another six weeks, that number will change dramatically. It'll get closer to six or seven to one, something like that. I think it could become that dramatic if he has that kind of a run. But Woodroff is pitching for a first place team, and pitching is carrying them as much as Jacob de Gram is carrying the Mets. Brandon Woodroff, Freddie Peralta and Corbyn Burns are carrying this absolutely just abysmal offense of the Milwaukee Brewers right now. So I think that's what's happening, and I think people are starting to realize too, this is not one year wonder of Brandon Woodriff, not two years. We're in year three of him, and last year being the shortened season, he didn't get enough credit how good he was. And I think people are starting to realize this guy's an a lead pitcher in the National League, and his number stack up there with the elites, including guys like Garret Cole in the American League who is at minus one sixty seven. But let me tell you right now, these last few starts has not been good. This is a tough number. I am not going minus money on him whatsoever. The other guys around there, Carlos Rodanna plus three hundred, who was you know going in a few weeks ago we talked about a lot. He seems like you know him and Trey Mancini is they're gonna battle it out for comeback Player of the Year. But Carlos Rodonna's real shot at cy young at this point, Lance Lynn at plus six fifty Shane Bieber. With the injury, He's fallen all the way from he was like plus two hundred a few weeks ago before the injury to now plus fifteen hundred. This is kind of wide open here, Dan, and I'll tell you what. I don't feel comfortable putting money on any of these guys. Rodin's been the best story, but I find it really difficult to put minus one sixty seven money on Garrett Cole, and I don't like any of these other guys being transcendent, dominating pitchers. I'm gonna throw out something fun for you. I think there's a chance if sho Heyo Tani keeps doing what he's doing, he might start to get into this conversation. And let's not pretend like he can't, because the strikeout numbers are there, the era is there. Every start he has, he's getting better. He's gonna get himself into this conversation by the time we turn the page to August. I do believe that.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we'll see whether or not the innings are there. My big thing with him is that I don't expect the Angels to compete, and I think they'll want to protect him. But other than Otani, who I know is your boy, and you know you're in on it, and you've got the Spike store open already.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I know. I love it look and I'm not gonna take it away from him. He's having a you know, miraculous season. But I agree with you completely on Cole. You and I again, because we host the Fantasy Pros show. We talk about baseball every single day, and there is a noticeable difference in what Garrett Cole looks like now versus what he looked like before they started cracking down on the sticky stuff. So it basically, you know, minus the numbers are all over the place, by the way, because that is moving towards minus one ninety. There's just no way I'm gonna sprinkle on it. I don't mind ro Donald, though those numbers are kind of short. Plus three hundred is not really something where for a guy who has never stayed healthy. If he stays healthy, I think he would be my favorite. I don't mind lanceln either, but I'm gonna throw out one other name to Joe, who's odds are pretty high without looking who's the American League leader in eer among qualified pitchers? Don't look any idea.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not looking. I am not looking. That's a really good question, thank you. I don't know. I don't have an answer for that one.
Speaker 2: The answer, the answer is Kyle Gibson. Kyle Gibson.
Speaker 1: Who's a guy that your favorite guy are a mask favorite guy.
Speaker 2: Now, look, he does not have the strikeouts, okay, so those are pretty important obviously, but he has been absolutely exceptional this entire year. There's been very little. I mean, his fit and his expit are in the low threes. That's fine. He doesn't have the war necessarily, okay, fine, but if he gets traded Joe, especially to a contender in the American League. But even if he stays, he is having an awesome season. That's just completely under the radar. And his odds are plus five thousand. So when you're talking about that, you you know, with those odds, all you have to do is view it as something that's even remotely plausible and it's worth the investment. So to the extent I'm gonna sprinkle in on this, which I'm probably not because it's silly at this point, but I probably will just do it on Gibson, and other than that ignore it because the odds on Rodin and even lance Lynn, who would be my next favorite, aren't long enough for me to take it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the Rodin ones are good right now if he could. Here's the thing. Thirteen starts for Rodin. He's got one hundred and thirteen strikeouts in just seventy eight and things twenty four. The FIP is a two four seven, the eras at two oh six. The whip is point nine zero. It's not a flash in the pan. It's the question is what does he do over the final seventy plus innings of this season? And then you know, I'm gonna go back to Otani and his eleven starts so far, he's got a two five eight ERA. He's got eighty two strikeouts and fifty nine innings and a one point one to eight whip. Don't scoff a couple more starts that are really good, that are six innings long. All of a sudden, these stats are gonna get eerily similar. And I'm telling you right now, the narrative is gonna begin to build. And this is a narrative Award. And I love stories, and let's tell the stories of the young kids coming up too, because in the American League, Jared Kellnick came and went, and Randy rose Arena has gone stone cold. He's at plus three point fifty. Jared Kellernick at ten to one. Wander Franco did finally make his debut. He is at ten to one right now. But I want to talk about somebody else who's at plus twelve hundred, And you know it's not Urman Mercedes, It's not Adley Rudh. It is Ryan Mountcastle now, who is having himself a month. Now, here's the problem. He's having a great month. Can he keep any sort of pace to what he's doing in that great hitters ballpark, a lineup that's actually much better than people realize at times. Do you think Mouldcastle right now is kind of the smart money for American League Rookie of the Year if you want to take a shot on it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know if I would call it the smart money, but I certainly think it is worth taking a shot at at plus twelve under. Again, we talked about his month to month splits. You look at what he did in April versus May versus June. I think he's already got seven home runs. He is a guy who was a touted prospect who we liked coming into the year as a general sort of option in the fantasy space. We were sort of thinking about it, maybe for al Rookie of the Year, But you know, I think Joe I might go a little deeper than that if I'm going. First of all, he's not listed on here and I haven't seen him. You know, DraftKings is my book. I haven't seen him listed there. If a Doley Scarcia is listed at your book, I would like to know what he is listed at, necessarily if you assuming that he qualifies a rookie. But Luis Garcia, Joe is a guy who again pitching for the Astras, and we just saw that they had an injury, right they had an injury yesterday, which is going to guaranteed keep him in irritation. He's been outstanding all year long. The issue is with him, like Rodan, whether or not I can came up He's a plus four thousand. That's something where I'm willing to take the sean, especially because the Astros are going to get a lot of pub and I don't know how many of these awards are going to be able to lock down again. All their batters are contributing, but he's been absolutely solid this year. At plus four thousand, those are long odds. That's something that I wouldn't mind having a little bit of action on. But I do agree that mount Castle because I don't think he's quite as good as we've seen the last month. But I do think that he's going to continue to generally ascend. And again, Rookie of the Year not a team award. It is something where it's just going to be his performance. So I don't mind it. At plus twelve.
Speaker 1: Hundred, I'll tell you what to wander, Franco. Keep the eye on. It gets ten to one right now, and you know, we're kind of remiss. Another reason why the American League so I Young Award races wide open is because Tyler Glasnaw is out of it now. Correct that was probably going to be that guy, So we were kind of, you know, should have mentioned that injury being a huge between that Bieber and Cole with his lack of spider tack, all of a sudden, a very different dynamic in that race than it was just a month ago. And that is amazing. And this is why sometimes with these major awards. It's helpful to wait, or you put some chips down, then you like it, you keep putting chips on it again, and you kind of reevaluate where you're at. On the National League side, you got Ian Anderson at plus six hundred, and then you got Kabrian Hayes at plus three fifty. National league has not been as heavy this year with rookie talent or maybe one or two still to come here to make up for that ground. I still like Ian Anderson's look. Ian Anderson has done a really good job this year. Caprian Hayes missed a good chunk of the season. Hayes is a very exciting player, good defensive player, good offensive player. But I don't know. I think for the chasm here between these two guys plus three fifty and plus six hundred, give me Ian Anderson still just because once again a higher profile team. But maybe you have a different line of thinking when it comes to Rookie of the Year in the National League. I do.
Speaker 2: I definitely would go with Anderson over Carian Hayes at this point, just because Hayes missed so much time. So I think, I mean, that's what you said, right, That's where you were leaning as well, Yeah, I am to the extent. I'm going to go with one of those two guys that will be that guy. But there are a couple of other guys that we're not really talking about that much that people aren't big. One is Trevor Rodgers, right, I mean, he's got thirty he's at plus thirty five hundred, Jazz Chisholm plus three thousand, now he's battled some injury and stuff like that. And Jonathan India, which depending on your book, there are some books that still love him out there plus four thousand. Others are much shorter. But those are three guys who I might look at because you know, again, Ian Anderson, my guess is going to win it. He would be my favorite, so I would certainly have some action on him, and not Cabrian Hayes, because again Hayes just missed too much time. But again, when you're talking about Rogers, you're talking about India, especially if the Reds can find their way into the postseason, which isn't that long of a shot or anything like that, he could get some more notoriety and then he can get some more attention and get that put onto him. So for him. I'm gonna have a little bit on India, I'm gonna have a little bit on jazz chism, and I'm gonna have a little bit on Trevor Rodgers as well well as Ian Anderson, but I'm ignoring his entirely.
Speaker 1: And as Dan mentioned, you can go to bettingpros dot com and find all these different books and make sure you can make the wager you want to make at the correct odds that you like. That's the nice thing about bettingpros dot com, if you're able to do that sort of stuff. All right, let's go and take a look at the divisions real quick. We are self loathing Met fans, and we are obviously very very upfront about that. We were both kind of looking at the Braves, and right now the Braves are looking up at the Mets. The Mets are minus four hundred right now, and the betting consensus lied to win the division, the Braves are plus them fifty. The Nats kind of scratch back into things, believe it or not, on the bat of Kyle Schwarber and the arm of Max Schers or plus eight hundred. But it really does feel like the Mets division to lose at this point. The Braves have had a myriad of injuries as well, So this is a big stay away from me in the East, and I'm glad to be wrong as a Mets fan that, you know, the Mets actually are playing up to expectations for once in a very long time. Any feel here any concerns about this Mets number being too big?
Speaker 2: It does seem a little too big to me. I do think that the Mets are going to win the division even when they deal with injuries and they're not scoring any runs. You know, they're gonna add something at the deadline, as we talked about before the season started. But minus four hundred cents is the equivalent of eighty percent. I'm not sure if I feel that it's greater than eighty percent that the Mets are going to win this division, especially with the only other team that I look at that I might sprinkle on not the Braves, because again, I think this is kind of the year that finally the Pythagorean theory caught up with the Braves here where they're always you know, down in the projections. The Nationals are playing really, really well, and they're doing it without much going on right now, if they do get a little healthier, if Strasbourg does come back, if they add something at the deadline, I know, but Soto even has been out. If Josh Bell finds a stroke a little bit, they have the potential to make a little bit of a run here. And they're over five hundred, so plus seven hundred, plus eight hundred, depending on where you can get it. At Fox Bed it's plus eleven hundred. I'm certainly interested in those odds, but I'll probably have a little bit there. But again, I do think the overwhelming probability is that the Mets win division. But I'm not trrey. I feel it minus four hundred, which is again about eighty percent. I'm not trying. I feel that confident.
Speaker 1: Jack Flaherty went on the il and the Cardinals fell off the map of the Brewers, who I loved coming into the season. Then I had a little buyer's remorse on they know, minus two hundred very solid favor here the Cubs of plus three hundred, they've come crashing back down to earth. The Reds still can't get out of their own way. Of plus seven hundred, So really, again, I think this is the Brewers to lose. And I'm trying to remember where we were at with the Brews going into the season. Was it four hundred four to fifth something like that? Right? Was even greater than that?
Speaker 2: No, No, I think it was less. I think it was like three thou I remember half for four thirty by the time we got it, Yeah, and we we were over it. And again the biggest, the biggest liability that I have right now are the Brewers over eighty two and a half wins. That was my biggest bet that I made coming into the year because again we talked about it, and think of Joe, we you know, we talked about it all the time. Their lineup is like embarrassingly bad and they are still just winning, led by as you mentioned it, the big three of Woodruff, Corbyn, Burns and Freddie.
Speaker 1: All shining the game at the end with Hater. Let's exactly not take that out of the equation because it's not.
Speaker 2: But Devin Williams hasn't been as good as It's true again, but we thought Williams would be great. He's not. But either way, it doesn't matter, man, And they probably will add somebody at the deadline because the Cubs right now are in second place. They are five games back. The Cubs don't want to be here, by the way, right now, like they were not expecting to compete. They don't want to have to go out and ad The Reds are, you know whatever, just kind of hanging around. Their bullpen is off on. The Cardinals, as you said, have kind of fallen off the map. So I do think that the Brewers are going to win this division. I don't think any of the long shots are worth it, but the odds on, you know, the Brewers are anywhere, as you said, to minus two hundred to minus four hundred. That's where I can get it at draftings. There's no way I'm touching it at that. So for me, I think the Brewers are going to win. But at this point, I think all the value is gone.
Speaker 1: And in terms of value, the Dodgers minus two hundred for the West, the Padres plus two to fifty. As good of a story as the Giants have been, it's not realistic to win this division. I don't think this new Trevor Bauer news that broke kind of throws a little bit of a potential wrinkle in there too. Plus two fifty if you believe in the Padres, and I do. This might be your last shot to get in on this. The Padres are for real. They've got pitching. You know, Snow eventually will straighten himself out. But Darbush has been good, must Grove's been good. I wish Paddock was less erratic. And I don't mean to drop bars on you like this at this time of the afternoon. But still for me, it is the only money here worth wagering is on the Padres side of this, and the Dodgers really, you know, I think the Dodgers have taken advantage of the schedule when they could, but outside of that, like, I'm not blown away by how great and dominant the Dodgers are this year so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you. And the Boer news, and again the news that we were talking about is the news that broke yesterday as we record this, that he has been accused of assault. We have no idea what the ramifications that are going to be necessarily going forward, but it certainly adds some uncertainty and the Padres, again, it goes back and forth, but the betting crows consens us as of this moment because it moves all the time, which is why if you like something, you had to move on. It is right now plus two seven. That corresponds to roughly a twenty seven percent chance. I think there's a greater than twenty seven percent chance that the Padres, who haven't even played that well yet this year and are still just three games back, can win this division. The Giants are a plus four eighty. I mean, given how they've played, I agree, I don't think it's likely necessarily. I'm fine, though, if you are, like, well, they're in first place. I want to get in on it, okay, I you know, I don't get on fire. I'll probably it probably everybody. So for me, though, I agree with you, Joe, there's no way I'm taking the Dodgers right now, especially with the Bower and news, with everything that's going out with the team. At minus whatever it is between two hundred and three hundred, I will take the Padres have plus two seventy. I do think that that's a good bet.
Speaker 1: All right, switching gear to the American League the Razor plus one forty, But I am not. I'm just not gonna do it. I'm sorry, I'm out. The Red Sox plus one seventy five intriguing. You know where I'm going Plus four fifty Blue Jays, That's where I want to go. This team's starting to find its identity. The Yankees look lost. Now They're a plus four fifty two, which is one of the rare times you're actually getting a value on the Yankees. So Yankees and Blue Jays right now, those are the two teams. If the Yankees go on a run, they will add pieces. But these next three weeks are going to tell the tale. If the Yankees play well, this is going to be a minus number by August first. I'm telling you they is going to be a minus number by August first if they rattle off. I don't like a twenty and ten over their next thirty games or something like that. And that's not outside the rama possibility. But the Blue Jays because Robbie Ray's pitch well, because they seem to have, you know, chips to move as well. Marcus Simeon has played very well. George Spring are finally coming back. I think there's a confidence growing here with his young Blue Jay team. That's what I like. But look, I'm kind of ignoring the Red Sox, who have been pretty solid all year long. So what's your take on the American League East.
Speaker 2: I'm right there with you. The Blue Jays are by far my favorite bet right now. They are only five games over five hundred. They're six and a half out of first The Raises we talked about we both like the Rays, or at least I remember I did. I don't remember if you did.
Speaker 1: You did before. I was concerned about Glass Now can he be the ace? Can he be a two hundred inning guy? I don't know, and I'm I'm sad that he's not, because he was spectacular when he was wakingout out.
Speaker 2: But that injury completely changes where they are. So look, the Red Sox at plus money right now, but again, that Red Sox pitching staff man that's not going to get it done over the long haul. And kudos to the team and kudos to Kora for giving them minute. The Blue Jays have an awesome team, and again they have been they've been sort of just treading water right now, and they haven't had Springer all year long. As you mentioned, he just came back. Cavin Bigio has basically been lost in the desert. He was probably battling that neck injury his entire time he's back, he is playing better as well. You mentioned Marcus Simeon, Taskar Hernandez Bobaschet is again a guy who's gonna factor in probably the MVP conversation if they didn't have one of the actual potential MVPs in Vladimir Gerrera Junior. And then you have the pitching staff, as you mentioned, Joe, which by the way, is strong because of the fact that Robbie Ray has figured out how to stop walking people. Ken jin Ryu is good. Ross Stripling is sort of out there kind of keating.
Speaker 1: Them in every time the last couple starts.
Speaker 2: What they need to do is figure out the bullpen because their bullpen has been pretty awful other than the fact that Jordan Romanos seems to have kind of locked down the ninth in. But they need to add to that. But look, they're willing to go out there and make moves, right They just added Corey Dickerson, just a fourth outfielder, just to sort of do that. So I think they're gonna go for it. I think they're gonna add and I love it getting in at whatever you can get it right now. Look it's at right now. The consensus again, Joe, your quoting numbers. They move constantly, like it moves before we start the podcast. Now right now, the consentus I'm looking at is plus five hundred at DraftKings or ibet, also plus five hundred at Fox Bet plus seven fifty, Like, go out and grab that if you can make that box bet. Yeah, right, buddy, that at plus five hundred, I like that. I think they honestly, I think they're going to win this division. So I'm putting my money where my mouth.
Speaker 1: Well, there's no money to be put on the central anymore. I told you it was the White Sox before the year. If you didn't listen then and then, I'm sorry I didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't think I did.
Speaker 1: Gone it is gone by bye minus six seventy what I mean, come on and look the Indians, I'm sorry they can't catch it with Beaver being out to they have injuries, Savali, the Twins have been dreadful. Let's go to the West, which is a two horse race, just like in the National League. The Astros minus three sixty, which I understand why they're the favorites, and the A's or plus two twenty five. You know, the A's could absolutely scoop in there, especially that Bregman injury. That was a bad one where he's gonna miss at least another month or so. But the thing is, the Astros are so deep, and I think that's kind of where I struggle, because they seem to like, Okay, yeah, well we got a bunch of other pictures we can just bring up or or bring back in from the bullpen. And oh we got Oderezi two and Christian Xavier And it's just they've got a lot of depth, and I think at the end of the day, that's what wins divisions, and that's why I like the Mets. And I was cautiously optimistic, but as good as the A's have played, I would probably stay away from this. But if you want to bed the A's at two twenty five, now's the time to do it. Because these two teams, I think it is going to be a two horse race all the way down the stretch.
Speaker 2: Look, I loved the Astros before the season started. They were my pick based on their odds to win the al and to win the World Series because again, this was sort of a plausible scenario of this happening. Now you mentioned it, they do have the Bregman injury and it's not good. He's probably at at least another month. As we just talked about when we're talking about Luis Carcia. It just had an injury to Jose Er Chidi last night as we record this. But like you said, plenty of depth in that rotation in their lineup. It's really difficult for me to see the A's even though they're only one and a half games back as we record this, it's still really hard for me to see them getting there. At plus two twenty five, it's just not enough to interest me. But also, like you said, like at minus three sixty or whatever the Astros are right now, also not enough to entice me. I don't think it's more than you know, seventy eight point three percent chance that they're going to necessarily win that division. So it's a stay away from me. I'm pretty sure the Astros are gonna win it, but it's not worth it either way to bet it.
Speaker 1: Let's see how Dan feels about the Astros winning the American League. They are at the top plus three hundred. My White Sox at plus three twenty five, I would still go in there. There's nothing for me to think that the White Sox in a short series with Giolito, with Lanceln, Carlos, Rodan, Dallas Kichel can't get the job done, and if it can get Copek healthy and all this other stuff going, look the White Sox to me or that team, as much as I would love to see the Astros in the World Series, because I think if hilarious and Major League Baseball will be so angry about it. The A's at plus six fifty the Yankees at plus seven. Isn't it hilarious that the Yankee number is to the Yankee numbers at plus seven hundred to win the American League? Gettion? Just the kind of premium you still pay on the Yankees regardless even though they're like a plus five just to win their own damn division. Yep, madness. But I mean to me, it's the White Sox that's the bet, that's the focus. Three plus three twenty five. That's a pretty good number, and you can get more than that. Take it, And I'm fine with the Astros as well. But any other long shots for you A's, Yankees, Red Sox, or even Blue Jays at this point who are eleven to one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Blue Jays are the only other one that I'm going at. I agree with you that the Astros and the White Sox are the overwhelming favorites. Imagine they'll remember the White Texts are doing all of this without Eloy jim Andez, without Louise Robert, and they might have both of them back by the time the playoffs run around, So certainly they are kind of the team to consider. But I do agree with the Again we talked about it, the Blue Jays and the Yankees are basically the same thing to win the division, and yet the Yanks these are plus seven hundred to win the AL and the Blue Jays are at plus eleven hundred. The Blue Jays, by the way I get it, I mean in the wild card game, the Yankees have the better chance because they do have the overall single best pitcher with Garrett Cole, who might be knocked down a little bit, but in a short series like you know, the Jays right now have a rotation that can go out there again with for you again, you know, if Manoa it can pitch to his potential sort of whereas sure, right exactly so for me at plus eleven hundred, I'm definitely having a little bit on them, but that's the only one other than the two that we've talked about, the Astros and the White Tax, so they can see making of that.
Speaker 1: The National League is still open for me. Plus one ninety five for the Dodgers, plus three fifty for the Pods, plus four to fifty for the Mets, who I think we're really going to be in this too. And they got the Brewers, you know, at plus six fifty with those three pitchers. This is tough for me. I still want to see a little bit more from all these teams before I dip into this one. And if I'm gonna take a shot here, I think it's actually on the Mets, believe it or not, because they have that one transcendent pitcher and we've seen that before where you could throw him that's automatic WS sometimes in those games, you know that feeling in New York it's it's a tough place to go into play. Padres are a good number two, but I think the Mets are the most appealing on the board right now from what I've seen and where the numbers are. How about you to look to go to the World Series.
Speaker 2: We are simpatico again. We're seeing the board very similarly. And again, as you mentioned, we are self loathing. That's fan so believe me, this is not homerism, it's anywhere. This is towards the opposits. But you think about the player, right, we agree that they are the probably overwhelming favorite to win their division. Of course, which is great, right. You don't want to have that one game playoff, assuming that the grom comes out of it healthy. You look at what the rotation could potentially be in a short and Seria Stroman has been fantastic this entire year, and again we liked him coming into the year. We are not optimistic about when we're going to see Carlos Carrasco and Noah Sinderguard. But if you're talking about are we going to see them in three months from now by the time the playoffs were all around, well that's a better chance, especially if you've got a team that might have locked up the division.
Speaker 1: Continue been fantastic.
Speaker 2: And Taiwan Walker exactly, and again in a short series, one of those guys goes to the bullpen. Maybe Thor goes to the bullpen like he did when they made right the playoffs in that first year. So maybe this is something where this is what they're gonna do, So I do think again, in a short series, it's really hard to beat the Dodgers, and it's probably gonna be pretty hard to beat the Padres because their pitching is solid overall, especially if they get it sorted out. But the one team that can really do it is the Mets. You mentioned the Brewers. I don't necessarily mind it again because they have the pitching. As we said, to go after them in a short series, but that's the cutoff. Nobody beyond the Brewers with a plus six fifty. But I agree the best value for me is the Mets a plus four to fifty.
Speaker 1: And the trade deadline will also tell us a lot too. These lines are gonna move, so watch these next couple weeks very carefully. Yeah, and when those all happen, we'll come back and do it all again, because we have to take a look at it once again. The Dodgers to win it all are plus three seventy five, the Astros plus six fifty, the Padres eight hundred. Same thing with the White Sox plus eight, and the Mets at plus eight to fifty. You know, I White Sox and Mets is kind of where I'm at right now. I think Astros was another team that going into this year I felt pretty strongly about. I think Astros, Padres, White Sox, those are the teams I really kind of had designs on to win it all, and still very early, we're halfway through the season. It is a marathon. But right now, is there something where you feel pretty confident that you want. If I'm going to put a chip somewhere, where's it going to be on one team to win it all?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean again, if I could detach myself from my fandom, it probably would be the Mets, because they do seem like a team that's built. But I agree with you with the White Sox. Look, I like the Ash. I got them at plus again. I think it was twenty two hundred at the beginning of the season. They're now at plus six fifty. That value is kind of sucked right out of there. Again, we like the Blue Jays for if we like them at the value for the American League. I like them at plus twenty five hundred necessarily to win the World Series as well. So that's the only other kind of long shot that I might go after. But realistically it's hard to get away from any of the top five teams maybe, but if you did it, probably for me would be the Blue Jays, because again, this is a team. If they add like one big bullpen piece, maybe one more starter, that offense can just carry them absolutely all the way through.
Speaker 1: All right, I want to remind everybody make sure you follow us over on YouTube and subscribe to the YouTube channel at Betting Pros, and of course subscribe to the podcast wherever you get your podcast. Betting Pros is the name of the pod, and we do some really fun stuff. We cover it all NBA, golf, Baseball, NFL seasons right around the corner, So make sure you subscribe to get all that fantastic content, and don't forget to watch Dan Harrison myself every morning Monday through Friday, nine am Eastern on leading Off. Again. We'll check in on all these MLB lines again in a few weeks to see what's changed, because in last month a lot has and sometimes that's the nature of the beast. So that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on. For Dan Harris, I'm Joe, Pi's with you. We'll see you next time. Gibbs