Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Nick Shot streaming live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys have.
Speaker 3: Here we go with another edition of mixed Shots here on Dallascowboys dot Com on this Monday, as our zamboni is going right on Q.
Speaker 4: One thing week.
Speaker 3: Actually, two things we can count on usually here in Auxnard, California, for Cowboys training camp is the sun will be out and field blower will be rolling on the morning. Mickey Spagnola, Savannah Humo, it's a half a staff here on this twenty eighth day in training camp, if you can believe that. And for you, young lady, how many more?
Speaker 5: I think I am a little over five weeks past the marker here, so's it's been a good thirty five something days for me here in Oxnard.
Speaker 3: Well, it's another Chamber of commerce day here in Oxnard, sixty five degrees. I don't think there's been a cloud out in two days, because yesterday was perfectly blue skies, and I bet it was a heck.
Speaker 4: Of a sunset. I know.
Speaker 3: Our team photographer James Smith was headed to the ocean last night to get sunset pictures with his professional camera.
Speaker 4: So I can't wait to see what he got.
Speaker 3: But Savannah and I Nate Newton went back home. He wasn't going to the game. He didn't have any function there. Said he was coming back, but there's no way he was going to drive back and forth another time, right, and Bill Jones went back after the game after he did the game against the Chargers of twenty seven to twelve Cowboy Raiders. Excuse me, Savannah looked at me like I was goofy and I was against the Raiders in Vegas on Saturday. And he went back home after he did the game and the pregame show. So it's just us too young, lady.
Speaker 6: I know the guys have been busy.
Speaker 5: And you know what, the one person that we have not talked about here at training camp. We have not gave a nice shout out to Everson Walls back at home.
Speaker 6: We missed you ever since.
Speaker 3: And I talked to him the other day. He called and goes, well, what's.
Speaker 4: Up, and I go, well, we're coming home.
Speaker 3: But this is our last migshots here from training camp. We'll have a Cowboy practice today at three, three point fifteen.
Speaker 5: It's a yeah, mock mock game, mock game close practice that you know, team we'll kind of.
Speaker 3: Use to do as a walk through time and then and then Mike McCarthy's press conference today on Dallas Cowboys dot Com is scheduled for around three forty five. But if they're doing a mock.
Speaker 4: Game at three point fifteen, I bet they stretch it out more than thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: Right, So it's an abbreviated day here in Oxnard. But we certainly got a lot to talk about. As I mentioned, the Cowboys went to Vegas beat the Raiders twenty seven to twelve. I thought it was a nice performance by the Cowboys since that majority of the first half, the Raiders played their starters. The Cowboys basically had their backups in for the entire game short of a couple guys. Tyler Geyton, who will be the starting left tackle, played in the first quarter, Cooper Bbe played in the first quarter, and Jayleen Tolbert I think got like nine snaps from a starters. On offense, that basically was it, and defensively, it was your backups. So I thought it was a nice performance after a tough travel day for the Cowboys on Friday to get to Vegas.
Speaker 4: But again, these guys.
Speaker 3: Are playing the majority of them for their football lives to make this fifty three man roster. The cut doesn't take place until August twenty seventh. I believe it is Today's the nineteenth.
Speaker 6: Today is the nineteenth.
Speaker 3: Yes, so it's coming. It's right around the corner and it'll be after the AS preseason game. So what were your impressions. I know you had to watch it on TV, but I know you watched it.
Speaker 4: What did you think?
Speaker 5: You know, I have two guys that I want to talk about to start this off, and a first one is on defense Andrew Booth Junior. I could not keep my eyes off him. Seven tackles in the game. He was just everywhere on defense and that was one thing that I really, you know noticed. I like that, you know, he's recent to the team and they put him in, you know, right into the game and he was making plays.
Speaker 6: And what was interesting is I was watching.
Speaker 5: The game with with some people and my dad, who he follows the Vikings very heavily, and he said, you know, I think there's a lot more playing time that this guy is seeing Booth specifically right now in this preseason game than he did a lot with the Vikings.
Speaker 3: And well, one other reason you saw so much of I mean ended up playing forty five snaps. Yeah, and he the Cowboy. He's traded Nashaun Wright to the Vikings. The Cowboys in return got Andrew Booth.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons he made so many tackles though, is because his guy was getting receptions. So that that fourth and fifth cornerback position is wide open. We know the top three, right. Trayvon Diggs finally got into team with Pads on last week Deron Bland Jordan Lewis, and they had been using Nashaun Wright as the replacement for Diggs with the first team early, well all through trading cap until Diggs got back in and they figured, you know what, it doesn't look like this guy is gonna make the team. The Vikings decided, hey, it looks like Booth is not going to make the team.
Speaker 4: A second round draft.
Speaker 3: Choice, by the way, and uh uh so they they flip guys and we'll see how it takes place. The other corner obviously that stood out was Cayman Hall, former North Texas football player.
Speaker 4: How about that Mean Green. Did you even know he's there?
Speaker 6: I did. I did.
Speaker 5: He's he's great And I loved watching that pick six.
Speaker 3: From him sixty nine yards I believe it was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, run it back for the touchdown.
Speaker 5: He was he was incredible, And uh, it's it's things like that were I appreciate seeing these, you know, kind of second string guys that are stepping up into these areas to make those plays. I mean, Eric Scott did it in the first preseason game as well, So I love seeing that from these guys.
Speaker 6: What did you think of him?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and Hall ended up playing fifty six snaps good basically the entire game. Now, he's had some NFL experience. He played in eighteen games with the Chargers twenty twenty one, I.
Speaker 4: Believe it was.
Speaker 3: Over two seasons, got released by the forty nine Ers this year and the Cowboys picked him up on waivers. And the funny story about him after the game, he was asked, when's.
Speaker 4: The last time he had a pick six?
Speaker 3: And it was in twenty nineteen with the Mean Green against the Arkansas Razorbacks, and he picked off somebody named John Stevens Jones, Stephen Jones' son, Jerry Jones' grandson was playing quarterback for Arkansas when the Mean Green defeated Arkansas and he had a twenty I think it was a twenty one yard interception return a touchdown out of here.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 6: That is that's a full circle moment right there.
Speaker 5: You come back here to the Cowboys and you're in the you're with the family, under the family, and you pick the ball.
Speaker 6: I love you love to see that.
Speaker 3: Though he kind of sheepestly pointed out that was his last interception, and then somebody realized, oh wait a minute, that was against Arkansas and John Stevens Jones. So somebody asked him, do you think that's why they picked you up on waivers? And it's like, well, he had been here for a cup of coffee with the Cowboys in twenty twenty and then they waved him in training camp, so they kind of knew about them. So anyway, Yeah, there's two guys along with Eric Scott. You know, if they're going to keep five corners, there's probably two spots open. There's three guys that I think so far, actually four if Josh Butler has played quite a bit. So we'll see where that cornerback spot goes, what was your other impression from the game.
Speaker 5: You know, let's but let's start with our favorite, Brandon Aubrey with the sixty six yarder. Just also mindful new dad here has his baby last week, comes back here to training camp. I think he had only practiced one day and then it was time to head out to Vegas and kicks the sixty six yarder.
Speaker 6: He is just continually or continuously.
Speaker 5: So progressive in his game and how he did last season, and it just seems so rinse and repeat like last year. He just looked so comfortable out there. He knows what he's doing, and you know, we love seeing.
Speaker 4: That from him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So a sixty six yard field goal from Butler, I mean Butler from Brandon Aubrey. And the funny thing was is that's I don't think my column has been posted yet on Dallascowboys dot com, but I basically wrote it all about him and the funny thing that happened.
Speaker 4: In the game.
Speaker 3: We were doing the pregame show, and we're doing it towards the end of the Cowboys bench on the field, so it's an hour show before the game starts, and we're by the kicking net and I'm sitting there talking and I see this hat come kind of in my peripheral vision from the right right. Well, I looked and it was Brandon Aubrey's hat, and it dawned on me that we were in the midst of our second pregame show and I'm not sure his name had ever come up in either show. It's eight segments of the show, sixteen segments, and we never talked about Brandon Aubrey, which made me think back to last year that every week that was a topic to It.
Speaker 6: Was the topic to talk about nearly every week last week.
Speaker 3: Because they Cowboys had to find a kicker, and they decided last year on August seventh, they released Tristan Visk and basically said we're.
Speaker 4: Going to see if this kid can do the job.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight years old, had only kicked professionally, only kicked footballs for la perious two years with the Birmingham Stallions right high school college.
Speaker 4: He was a soccer player.
Speaker 3: We did, you know, the whole history thing, and he ends up proving that he can do the job. So last year we were rushing around during practices trying to chart every kick to see you know how many he would make and see if he can.
Speaker 4: Do the job well. This year, it's like, we go to watch.
Speaker 3: Him kick to see if he misses any After making thirty six of thirty eight last year and had an NFL record thirty five consecutive makes to start a career, didn't miss a kick until a field goal until the final game of the season, where one got blocked and one hit up the upright. But those were his only two misses, right, So it was like, well, we don't have.
Speaker 4: To pay attention to this guy. He's the kicker.
Speaker 3: And then probably the first time I think maybe he had to answer questions was when he left the game with four seconds to go against the Rams this preseason because he found out his wife was getting ready to have the baby the next day and he needed to get home, so he left the game early. And I think he pointed out he was leaving the stadium at like three p forty nine, got to the airport at five thirteen or something like that.
Speaker 4: He must have had an escort right yep, and.
Speaker 3: Ended up flying home for the birth of his baby son, Colton. And he said after he made the kick that the sixty six yarder that that was gonna be his son's first football. He's gonna give the football to him. But think about sixty six yards. The NFL record right now is justin Tucker Baltimore. He kicked a sixty six yard in twenty twenty one, but his bounced off the crossbar.
Speaker 4: And went in right.
Speaker 3: Prior to that, the longest field goal in a regular season game we're talking was Matt Prater in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 4: He kicked sixty five yards, all right.
Speaker 3: And before that, the longest field goal had been sixty three yards, first by Tom Dempsey in nineteen seventy if you can believe that. So there's been six guys that have kicked a sixty three yarder. The first was Dempsey, the last was Brett maher or the Cowboys in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 6: So he unofficially the record.
Speaker 3: So it was unofficially, and I tried searching to see if I could find an official preseason record.
Speaker 4: The only thing I saw that came up some guy named Ola Kimeron.
Speaker 3: He had a sixty five yarder in training in preseason, but it wasn't official. I just couldn't nail it down. But that was the only one I could find. So I did a strange thing yesterday. I was walking around late afternoon on the field and I said, I wonder how many steps it would take me for sixty six yards, and it took me eighty four steps.
Speaker 4: Eighty four eighty four.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't have a big stride, right, but that's how.
Speaker 4: That's how far sixty I mean, the ball was a long time.
Speaker 6: It's like it's out there.
Speaker 3: The ball's put down on the on the opposite forty six yard line, right right. And I don't know if anybody's ever gone out on the field and looked how skinny the width is between the two uprights from that far out right. And he nailed it and it wasn't like it just got there. To me, it would have been good from seventy because it hit the back wall. I mean it hit the wall of the stands, the first row of the of the stands where the fans are sitting, and so that's got to be, you know, another four or five yards beyond where the goal posts are. But think about this, when Tom Dempsey hit his kick, that was back when the goal posts were on the goal line. It wasn't on the back line right, So his ball was placed down on.
Speaker 4: The thirty seven yard line for.
Speaker 3: His sixty three yard field goal and just in a side And that part of my story I was writing about is back nineteen seventy when he made the kick. The newspaper guys that covered the team, the newspaper reporters used to fly on the Cowboys charter to the way games. So they're on the flight coming back from New York and word got out that Dempsey hit a sixty three yard field goal because the previous NFL record was fifty six and work.
Speaker 6: That's by yeah a few yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, So it got out that he hit a sixty three yard field goal. And the backstory on Tom Dempsey is he was born without any toes on his right foot or any fingers on his right hand. So he had a modified shoe that he had to kick with right because back then they're kicking straight on. There was no soccer style kicking. And his shoe had a flattened front that was rectanglear, so it was like he had a kicking shoe on right.
Speaker 4: He wasn't using, obviously his foot his toes because he didn't have any.
Speaker 3: So the writers went up to the front of the plane to ask Texts Shram, the Cowboys president GM for twenty nine years, what he thought of Dempsey's kick, and he said, well, he had an unfair advantage, meaning his shoe that he was using, right, And so word got out to the PR department what Tex said, and they went up to him and said, text, do you really want to say a guy with no toes that somewhat handicap had an unfair advantage?
Speaker 4: That text goes he still did. Yes.
Speaker 3: Well, the next day he got lit up. Oh, I'm sure the feedback and he finally apologized.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the backstory on this whole thing is by nineteen seventy seven, the NFL passed a rule that anybody kicking a football had to use a normal kicking shoe. You couldn't have an altered, flattened front of the ball.
Speaker 4: So once again Tex was seven years ahead of.
Speaker 3: His time, right, But that was sixty to sixty three yarder. That was the funny story behind that.
Speaker 6: So interesting.
Speaker 3: We got off to a kicking start here on mix shots and Savannah, what do you think since it's just the two of us, I think we have the opportunity to take phone calls.
Speaker 6: Let's absolutely take some phone calls.
Speaker 5: If anyone listening would like to call in and ask Mickey and I some questions from this last preseason game. The training camp call in line is two one four, three eight seven, one six five nine Again two one four, three eight seven, one six five nine, and we will chat more with you when we come back here.
Speaker 1: On mix shots, Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 4: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lite is brewed to be less filling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 4: It says less filling.
Speaker 1: That's not what my script says.
Speaker 4: Hell mindset.
Speaker 7: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Miller Light is in fact less filling and taste great. I'm Vishine legal guy.
Speaker 8: Celebrate responsibly. Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer ninety six thousands, three point two grams carvers for twelve bounces, fewer cows and cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 9: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kierro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section grabs today.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: As a snapper, the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapped. He'll love full pers down.
Speaker 11: Just like football. When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 9: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: Back back to mixed shots.
Speaker 5: Cowboys Nation twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Training Camp presented by American Airlines is here. Head to Sunny OXNAR in California from July twenty fifth through August twenty first to.
Speaker 6: Watch the team practice. Admission is free.
Speaker 5: More information visit Dallascowboys dot Com Slash Training Camp. And just a quick reminder, our phone lines are open if you would like to ask Mickey and I a question regarding this last preseason game against the Raiders. The call in line is two and four three eight, seven, one, six, five nine and Mickey, I think we have a call from Brian in Kansas City. Who is our first caller today. Brian, how are you.
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 12: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Oh you guys? Hear me?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 6: Give us one second, Brian. We're trying to hear you here.
Speaker 3: Okay, well maybe we'll get back to Brian. Just hang on and make sure we're well connected. Right, it's our first shot to try to.
Speaker 4: Take some calls. Hey, you know what with these headphones on, I can hear all.
Speaker 6: I could hear you better than it.
Speaker 4: Kind of drowns. Oh, there we go. How about now it's real loud, but we.
Speaker 6: Can we can hear the Zamboni, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now can we hear Brian?
Speaker 6: I have not heard now, but Mickey Wall we're here real quick.
Speaker 4: Leave these on, it drowns out. The Zamboni would love.
Speaker 5: To quickly chat about Stefan Gilmour, who is now headed to the Vikings. Right that news obviously broke yesterday morning. He will be signing with the Minnesota Vikings. But you know, outstanding season here with the Cowboys. Wish him all the best in Minnesota, And you know, I think that's a really great spot for him.
Speaker 3: And I think it was a lot more from what I heard than.
Speaker 4: What the Cowboys. Yeah, that's too loud.
Speaker 3: What the Cowboys could pay him, I believe he ended up with a seven million dollar base salary with the ability to make nine, so he waited it out, and obviously Minnesota trading Booth and I don't know that Nashan Wright made a big impression on him. So they signed a veteran guy to help out. But yeah, and I think the Cowboys realized that what he was looking for they couldn't afford. Yeah, And so their concern last week was on the defensive line, and they made two moves to try to get some at least experience there. They did sign veteran Jordan Phillips, who's been around the league for quite some time. He was with had been with the Giants. I said, they signed him. They traded for him a couple future draft choices. But the big thing with Jordan Phillips, and it is big by the way, he is six six three forty one and he's a nose tackle. So they needed some balk, not only bulk in the middle along with Mozzy Smith and we'll get to that in a minute, but also some experience there because behind Mozzy was just a bunch of young guys. So they made that trade and then I think officially they will get signed Carl Lawson, defensive end veteran guys been in the league for seven years and uh, just knowing that they needed some more. Uh. With Sam Williams out now on injured reserve having torn his acl early in camp, they just didn't have a lot of experience there besides DeMarcus Lawrence. And then you know, while they can play Micah Parsons at defensive end, he's not going to be out there for sixty snaps a game. Absolutely, so they needed somebody. So they got lost and who had worked out for him previously?
Speaker 4: It didn't work out.
Speaker 3: I think, Uh, they finally agreed on a number and brought him in.
Speaker 4: So, Chris, do we think we have him? Let's see you try about now. Guys, Hey, we got you. Thanks for being patient with us.
Speaker 2: No worries.
Speaker 12: Well, I'm mad because you stole my you stole my topic, But that's okay. I'll ask a different question. But I was thinking the same thing that kicker is just a non issue this year and last year. I was watching the break in an errant kick sailed right over the crew's head, and I thought, what a difference this year that we just don't have any questions in that area. So my question though, for this year, is going to be. You know, I think that we have too many running backs that are kind of similar skill sets, similar body types, And I was wondering if you guys think that gives Deuce a little bit of an advantage because all the other guys are kind of bigger, stronger, you know, kind of that same build, and he's the odd he's the odd one out. He's kind of a different, more more scatback, smallish, you know, quicker guy. So with that, I'll hang up and listen. Thanks.
Speaker 3: Great, that's a great question to start things off because he's got a great point there. So you can look at the running back position like this. Obviously, Ezekiel ellitt and makes the team. The fact that they didn't even put Rico Dondell out there in the Raiders game.
Speaker 4: He's on the team.
Speaker 3: Hunter Lepke will be on the team as the full back, and as we talked to Mike McCarthy on the pregame show, he likes full backs and Lipke can help him as a true fill back. He can help him as a like an h back, and he also can help him as a one back in some of their one back offenses.
Speaker 4: So he's on the team.
Speaker 3: That's three so I think the fourth spot is wide open and somebody would have to convince him to keep five running backs, which would be a lot. I think Malik Davis and Royce Freeman have each had their moments in training camp, and then Deuce finally shows up in the game.
Speaker 4: I believe he ended up with what yards yeah average.
Speaker 3: And he had missed a full week of training camp prior with a hamstring strain, so he kind of really got behind the eight ball, got his opportunity late last week, and then got in the game against the Raiders. And I think Brian's right. He's a different type of running back. Obviously he's smaller, we know that, but he showed in the game his quickness, his ability to change directions in a moment, and he had a couple runs like that in the game, and it's like, oh, that's the deuced that they drafted.
Speaker 4: That's the guy they were looking for.
Speaker 3: Now it's a matter of you know, what these guys can help on special teams because last year the games usually that he was inactive, they.
Speaker 4: Just looked at it. It goes, well, what else can he do for us?
Speaker 3: Because other running backs could go down and cover punts, kickoffs, but this year with the kickoff rule, chain means the coverages that you need a different type of player, right absolutely, So I think he's got an opportunity now he's got one more preseason game to kind of prove what he can do.
Speaker 4: But again, I think Brian's right.
Speaker 3: So I think it comes down to three guys basically, if they're going to keep for Deuce, Royce Freeman, the veteran, and the Lake Davis, who I thought had a nice week of practice last week.
Speaker 5: I do want to mention one thing that I had looked up prior to the show today. So when it comes to this new kickoff role and these returners right now, last week, after the first week of preseason, it was an eighty percent return rate.
Speaker 6: Last year twenty two percent. That's a huge difference.
Speaker 5: So I think that you're going to see so much more returns coming into this season because of the new kickoff role. And this is where an area where you can see multiple different guys. Duce Vahan might be one of those guys. You saw these explosiveness plays from him in the run game.
Speaker 6: I want to see also what he can do as a returner.
Speaker 5: So that's one thing I kind of want to see if they're going to utilize him in any way in that area as well.
Speaker 3: This last game they were using primarily Malik Davis and t Billy Johnson, So there's different ways they can do that. Because if you think you can anticipate where the kickers kicking the ball left or right, whatever, you can kind of put your formation that way. Your top returner, which we're assuming is Cavante Turpin, and the second guy can be more of a blocking guy. You could have an extra blocker, so you could put a bigger running back back right to ability to return, but also the ability to get you an extra blocker. So it'd be interesting to see how that works out. Do we have another phone?
Speaker 6: We do? We do in Weatherford, Texas. How are you today, Larry.
Speaker 14: I'm doing fine.
Speaker 4: Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 14: Well, I appreciate it. I got a question that's bothered me for quite some time. You know, the team can't seem to resign back or CD or they're worried about about the defensive end slash linebackers. Yes, and I'm wondering why do the players and make up the NFL Players Association approve the agreement that they have with the owners. Given the fact that the more these three or so skilled players that you have on each team make the less each one of those other players that are make up the line share of the teams in the league, why would they agree to that? Looks to me like it would more sense to say, Okay, the top three uh highest earners can't uh the sign up for any more than x percent of a cap, and that would so you say, shall we say share, spread the spread the wealth around to the to all the players.
Speaker 3: You know, that's a great question, and appreciate it. But uh, the nfl PA when they do the CBA, UH, they're just basically looking out for trying to get the biggest contracts.
Speaker 4: They can for their players.
Speaker 3: And they understand, Uh, that's life, right, I mean, that's the business world out there. Uh. And the business world only has if they do a self imposed salary cap. There is a salary cap in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Uh. And your your your thought is is really good.
Speaker 3: And I've seen some discussion people thinking that they should allow the quarterbacks to make what they can make and not count against the salary cap, like give a one person kind of freebie against the cap.
Speaker 4: But again, in.
Speaker 3: This free world, you kind of make what you can, and I don't think that they would, you know, do that and say, well, these three guys can only have this percentage.
Speaker 6: Of the cap out right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's a good thought. And I kind of like the idea of having an exclusion of the quarterback because we know what quarterbacks are making and that percentage of the cap is way out of whack with all basically the other players. So, you know, Jerry was asked a question about CD. He still seems confident they'll get him in. I am always confident that these things get done before the first game of the season. No one's gonna He's under contract, so that's what everybody understands, got to understand. And he's scheduled to make one million dollars a week for eighteen weeks. So it's a guaranteed seventeen point nine to nine million dollar deal that he has.
Speaker 4: And I don't know that which is a current contract.
Speaker 5: We have to remind everybody that he is still on a contract right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, And I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, if there's many red blooded Americans out there that would give up one million dollars a week for a cause, So we'll we'll kind of keep monitoring that and see where that goes, and we probably need to take a break. We appreciate the calls. It's just me and old Savannah here.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 6: We'll have one when we get back. We have a caller on the line.
Speaker 4: And we will be back in a moment on mickshots.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 9: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction.
Speaker 4: Miller Lite is brewed to be less filling.
Speaker 6: What are you doing here?
Speaker 4: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 4: It says less fillings.
Speaker 9: That's not what my script says.
Speaker 4: Hell mindset.
Speaker 7: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Miller lights in fact less, filling and taste great. I'm Mishine Legal Guy, Celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 8: Milwaukee Wisconsin Beer ninety six thousands to be point two grams carvers for twelve ounces, fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 9: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo ki Hero's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 4: The press dout. Who looks right, It's not there.
Speaker 1: He escapes left.
Speaker 13: He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 11: Just like football. When it comes to Crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust with blockchain dot Com. I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 9: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 1: Tomic shuts.
Speaker 5: The official twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine Training Camp Preview is now a bitvailable. This year's edition features scouting reports, position analysis, a pull out schedule poster, and articles for your favorite Cowboys writers.
Speaker 6: Get your Training Camp Preview today.
Speaker 5: At your local pro shop or Dallas Cowboys dot Com slash Star.
Speaker 6: And I love the little poster in here.
Speaker 5: I use it every season to write the scores of each game afterwards with a great little feature in here, and Mickey has some you.
Speaker 4: Know, I pull it out each year.
Speaker 3: I put it on the wall by my desk right the first game gets the score gets put on there, and then it's like, oh, I forget.
Speaker 4: To keep adding the scores as we go.
Speaker 3: Along, So I got to remember to put mine up. Final segment here on mix shots in Oxnard, California.
Speaker 4: Another beautiful California day. This is why when you come here you don't want to leave. It's just the gorgeous day, Sonny. It'll be perfectly sunny.
Speaker 3: I bet the high today will be about seventy three degrees something like that.
Speaker 4: And it's just the same thing every day.
Speaker 3: But as I said, this is our last mix shots from training camp. Cowboys will practice four more times if we include the walkthrough here today and head out on Thursday. We need to touch one thing, the Mossy Smith scare. On Friday of last week, he had an allergic reaction just as the buses were going to pull out to head to lax to fly to Vegas. He had a reaction to something that was in a protein shake, and they really scared him until they figured out what it happened. So that, you know, eliminated him from playing in the game. But he should it is fine and should be able to resume practicing. But it had been a scary situation right there, and so so well, we'll see if he's I'm sure he's good enough to go through the mock game, which is basically a walk through. Okay, we have another caller, and I want to preface this with that this guy has been listening to our podcast. It seems like forever first on Talking cow on Talking Cowboys. Uh, and I'm glad to hear he's still listening to me on mix shots. It's Nebby from Silver Springs, Maryland. Nebbie, how the heck are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well and Mickey, I gotta tell you, it's great uh to talk.
Speaker 13: To you again, my man, it's been years.
Speaker 15: And Savannah, it's a pleasure to talk.
Speaker 2: To you for the very first time.
Speaker 6: You uh uh.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I was wondering, uh, are you guys as excited about Cooper bb as I am?
Speaker 13: Because I really think he can help us out.
Speaker 2: Uh because based on what I've read about him, Uh, he can just mall uh uh whoever is uh across him?
Speaker 13: And what do you think are the chances that Cooper Bebe.
Speaker 15: Is our starting center when we play in Cleveland against the Browns in twenty days. I take care, Thank you so much for being patient with me, and have a great week.
Speaker 13: Bye.
Speaker 6: So much.
Speaker 3: Great to hear from Nebbe once again. As a matter of fact, a couple of times when we've gone to games when Cowboys are playing Washington, he has made the effort to come to the team hotel and visit with us, so taking pictures with Nebby and it's great to hear from him.
Speaker 4: Okay, Cooper, bb, let's do it.
Speaker 3: I think he's got a real chance to be the starting center. I think the competition is not over yet with brock Hoffman, but I think the Cowboys just like his strength at the center position, and as long as he can continue to show that he can command the line of scrimmage, meaning making the calls for the blocking assignments to recognize what's going on, and the fact that he's got it seems the snaps down I think people have probably seen online.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it was on.
Speaker 3: If it was on Twitter or x or whatever you want to call it, snapchat or whatever. It showed him snapping the ball Instagram.
Speaker 4: Is that what it was?
Speaker 6: Bill tweeted it, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, that he was snapping the ball to his mom in the backyard and he was snapping to who had every teammate during the rookie mini camp when they were staying at the hotel, he would go into the ballroom and he had a ball and he practiced his snaps, So I think he's played well. I think they think he's played well. He ended up with just twenty three snaps in the game, but started his first game, so I think there's a good chance. And Nebby's right. He said that you know, he thinks he's a maler, and he is. When they had him practicing with the first team this past week. I noticed that it was the scrimmage against the Rams, Yes, and he was at center and at he snapped the ball and he first went to his right to help out the guard take out the defensive tackle. He came off of that block and went and got the linebacker. And that's what I saw from him at K State that I was impressed with that he.
Speaker 4: Could get to the second level right.
Speaker 3: And if I remember when he did the interview after the draft, he said his favorite thing was to dirt people, meaning black guys can't put him in the dirt. Now, I don't know, you know, if that's gonna happen in the end too many times, but he's active, so we'll see how it plays out. That's a good observation from Nebbe, who watches and listens and reads everything he can about the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Your impression of BB.
Speaker 5: You know, it's interesting these first couple of weeks of training camp.
Speaker 6: You know, the conversation was really about brock.
Speaker 5: Kaufman and how he was taking all the snaps with the first team, and I really like seeing how they're finally utilizing Cooper Bebe.
Speaker 6: I think they're starting to see.
Speaker 5: What he has and the drive in him, and so seeing him as a starter out there. I feel like the conversation has now gone almost fifty to fifty. Like you said, the competition here between brock Hoffman and Cooper BB, it's not over.
Speaker 6: I think we still have a little bit of time left here during training camp.
Speaker 5: We have one more preseason game and then some practices next week as well, But the competition is.
Speaker 6: Very much open.
Speaker 5: I think brock Hoffman he has a little bit more experience, which is why I can see they may be a little bit more comfortable with him, but I think they're starting to see what Cooper Beb has and so I think it's everything for him to fight for at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's one thing that has to be finalized yet, because it's still a competition. I thought it was kind of neat that Deuce when he was in the game. He remarked afterwards, he said he was in the huddle and he heards Bebee's voice and he goes, oh, it's like old times K State they played together, and he said it's been been a while since he'd been in the huddle with the Cooper Bebe.
Speaker 6: I have one.
Speaker 5: Added note that I actually saw, which I thought was amazing was the Bebee family have They've been going to the preseason games to watch Cooper and they ended up actually being with Deuce Vaughn's family at the game. So they all took a phote together and I'm like, look, it's all the K State.
Speaker 6: They're all there to support it.
Speaker 3: A Wildcat reunion here, right, and we're just about done him. But one other note with Tyler, Geiton did get the start at left tackle, so there's you know, the Cowboys. He's gonna be the starter. Believe me, he needed to be the starter, right with Chuma Doga going down. Earl Bostik was sort of, you know, a backup candidate. Well, those are two things that they've got to work out. So between Hoffman and bb they've got a starter, and they've got a swing guy that can play center and guard, so that's taken care of. One of the things they've got to find is a backup swing tackle now because there's not much experience behind Tyler Geiton. So they got to work that out and they'll probably keep their eye in the waiver wire. Thank you guys for calling helping us out. The third man, right, not the twelfth man, the third man mix Shots appreciate you. Will holler back at you next Monday from back at the start, we get back home crazy.
Speaker 6: We're going back to Texas.
Speaker 4: Texas Savannah.
Speaker 3: Appreciate your help and we'll see you guys again uh in just about a week on mix Shots on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.