Speaker 1: No, let's go.
Speaker 2: Where are we going?
Speaker 3: How do it up?
Speaker 1: Warriors, Stimberwolves, tonight watch them? NBA, Let's go. You're not blowing it in life like the Boston Celtics. Twin's going on?
Speaker 2: How about let's go?
Speaker 4: Mix? Guys are bluing orange. According to Stephen A, speaking of New York.
Speaker 1: Sports, I thought of you last night when Devin Williams got out of that jam, because I think that moment would have broke him. My prediction before we get in today's over promised, Yeah, I think your boy Devin Williams is about to start a streak of dominance the way he was as a brewer.
Speaker 4: Something snapped inside so I like it. He yeah, he remembered who he was. Anyway, Welcome to the show. Over promised our bonus pod. I'm Cavino. That is rich. This is episode ninety one. This is the stuff we can't fit into our two hours of awesome Monday through Friday, five to seven on the East, two to four on the West. And remember we're having a big party June twentieth through the twenty second in Vegas. You're invited, all right, we'll see you there, but we have lots to get to today on this show, we have a gorilla update. One hundred men versus one gorilla. There's an update. Okay, we're gonna resolve it, put it to rest. Plus, let's say you don't necessarily root for a team, are you allowed to wear that team's logo? I have a question and an explanation. Okay, I have a reason to post this question. But first and first mostly I read something about a new stat Is that.
Speaker 1: What you put your glasses on? You're trying to be all smart? Yes, stat cast sophisticated vaptel. Yeah, how much? How much smarter do I look at these glasses? And when I run my beard? Well, MLB stat cast, you know, I'll let you take it away. Since this is based on your boy, Aaron Judge, I think, well, why would you say that? Because he's hitting some of those short porch home runs that I don't think mean anything.
Speaker 2: Are you serious? Well, that's why they're doing it. Perhaps.
Speaker 4: MLB is launching a new stat called the true home Run, which track balls that clear at least half of all Major League stadiums. Starting in twenty twenty six, players will have a separate home run total based on league wide ballpark eligibility tracked by stat Cast.
Speaker 1: Oh so Aaron Judge will have like sixty four home runs, forty eight of which have gone out of every stadium other than Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 4: Hey man, that's why they have the short porch, That's why they build their lineup around it. Every stadium is different. But I get it right. It's kind of cool. It's interesting. But it got me thinking, do you have any thoughts? Are you against this new status stats for everything?
Speaker 1: I don't think it means anything as a home runs a home run, but I think it's interesting to see what players play to the park. And no, it'll show you. It'll show you what guys hit bombs. Like I'll tell you a guy like a Show Hey, Tana Show Hey hits bombs.
Speaker 4: Pete Alonzo HiT's bombs. Some guys like John Carlo, who I love. Sorry, are you insinuating Aaron Judge doesn't hit bombs. That dude his muster bombs. But yes, of course a few go out so it would look like this. Let's say, show Hey, Show Hey hit fifty home runs, but according to stat the new stat cast, only thirty five would have been out of all parks. So there's going to be two separate sort of stats, or half of the parks.
Speaker 1: Well, the green Monster is an interesting one up in Boston, so I could Devers or you know a guy that hits bombs up there could be very different based on ballparks, because sometimes you just get under one at Fenway, get that green Monster, so it should be an interesting stat. I like this.
Speaker 4: So anyway, based on this stat home runs and what counts and what doesn't, it got me thinking. I put my glasses on. I was like, started scratching my beard. Deep thoughts came, ooh hell you Alberto Einstein. Yes, made me think about inside the park home runs, and here's my thought on that. They only count in the MLB. So if you're a kid.
Speaker 1: And you're like, I hit five home runs.
Speaker 4: But they were inside the park little league home runs, or you're an adult and you still talk about yeah when I was a little league, I hate like, yeah, and they were inside the park.
Speaker 1: That does not count.
Speaker 2: Get out of here.
Speaker 1: That is it. And I got another rule. I got another rule. What's your age on this? I'll tell you why. Because my daughter's girls softball team doesn't count in the playoffs. Some girl hit a rope. It just got by everyone, and she's like, I had a home run and I'm what am I gonna tell her?
Speaker 4: Well, actually, buddy, it was a double with two errors. Forget about the stack cast on. This is the sack cast rule. Sacks Steven Anthony Cavino, Jesus, the sack cast rule. So inside the parkers only count. In the MLB and softball, you're always bragging them out. Softball a lot of people playing Sunday softball or Beer League softball. Softball, home runs don't count unless there's a fence.
Speaker 2: That's it. There has to be a fence.
Speaker 1: I can't disagree with that because there are times where they move our game to a non fence field and there's a part of me that's like, oh, you know what, it's like some sha BRONI misplays it or gets it in a big fatso can't get it and you out run.
Speaker 4: That doesn't count. Here's got to be a fence. You're an adult. Sometimes you hit a gap and it just keeps rolling. Yeah, you round to the bases and you scored a run.
Speaker 2: You went all the way around.
Speaker 1: That's not a home run. So those are my second It's like playing basketball at a park and they don't have a net. Oh, I don't like that playing softball or little league without a fence. It's like basketball without the net. They're playing, but does a layer of the game missing? And you know what age do you think you start telling a kid like henybuddy, that was a nice rip.
Speaker 4: But it was a double one starting in home runs nine ten, right like real home runs? Yeah, i'd say so, right the twenty seven little league home runs that I brag about. And by the way, it's not bragging if it's true, but all twenty seven we're.
Speaker 2: Over the fence.
Speaker 1: I heard Union was one twenty down the line, like the smallest field.
Speaker 2: Is that true? It's like two thirty five or something right.
Speaker 1: Out of Little League Dems probably Nah.
Speaker 4: I hit one for fact though to seventy five when I was ten years old.
Speaker 2: When I was ten, I you're the fucking greatest.
Speaker 4: I just remember that. I mean, but again, over the fence. So one of my roles inside the parkers.
Speaker 1: Only counting MLB.
Speaker 4: Ben's softball home runs only count if there's a fence, if it's over the fence. But then it got us thinking even further, based on this new stat cast home run stat right, What are some of your favorite inside the park home runs? Because I have one that comes to mind for me, and it was on a historical day that I remember watching You know what.
Speaker 1: It's odd because I agree with you, which I hate us. Disagree with you brings me joy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In major League baseball, my take is completely different than softball. In little league, that is where inside the park home runs have no cloud to me. In the BIGS, if you beat an outfielder and somehow zip around the bases, I think that's more impressive, to be honest, So I give clout to the inside the park home run and.
Speaker 4: Sometimes called a little league home run. But there's a few that stick out to me as memorable.
Speaker 1: The year was.
Speaker 4: Nineteen ninety ninety ninety. You were rocking your bro it's a night Cavoriici's. You're wearing your IOU sweatshirt. It's spot You're wearing a big Johnson T shirt. He had a mullet, probably had a beeper or something, right, he had a flat top. Nineteen ninety July seventeenth. Let me just build up the matchupka Kansas City Royals playing against the New York Yankees, and guess who's playing against each other. Neon Dion Sanders was Jerry Curle who's known for his speed and his athleticism and a two way player versus Bo Jackson, who was the g status football baseball guy. So it was like the matchup of the year, like Dion Sanders versus Bo Jackson, both doing remarkable things. Nineteen ninety, Deon Sanders hits a line drive and he put his speed on display, and I remember watching it as a kid, like, damn, he is fast. This guy's gonna be somebody.
Speaker 1: Do you have a favorite? Inside the park.
Speaker 5: Already again with a three to two pitched Jackson and going over leaps and can't get it. It goes all the way to the fence, Sanders blazing around, second tamper goes over to get the.
Speaker 3: Throat of.
Speaker 4: Error.
Speaker 1: Look at that, Look at that?
Speaker 4: And you know what makes it even greater, chrism Alfaro Spinosa.
Speaker 1: There the fact that Bo Jackson.
Speaker 4: The extra mile, the extra leap to prevent that from happening, to show his athleticism, and Dion got his inside the parker right. But you know what else is crazy about this story. Everybody remembers the inside of the Parker from Deon Sanders because his career was magnificent. Right, Bo Jackson hit three home runs that day. But what's remembered but triple in an error. I think what's remembered is nobody's better than bo effing Jackson bow new home runs till he hit three over the fence.
Speaker 1: I altered my stance a little bit after watching that. Yeah, Bo took a chance, not an error, but he took a chance. He could have held back fielded it on one balance, held him to a single or double right in the gap. Both took a chance. That's advantage, Ricky Henderson, I'm sorry, Deon Sanderson. Then if that throw is at all close to online, he's dead at the plate. That's all part of it. A risk, lifes of risk, carnal.
Speaker 4: But look now, the most memorable to me because that game was a matchup, a build up.
Speaker 1: I b watch when Dion's rounds third, Yes, he's a dead duck. If this throw is on the line, look and boom it terrible throw. It doesn't matter, look at a look at the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, buddy, it counts because it's in the MLB. If that was literally, get out of here, let me, let me give you mind. I can only remember this one because it was peculiar. I'm like, this guy hit a grand slam. I know you're right inside the parker, Rich often says, and I agree with him. I do love the ones where the guy's hustling around and he's so burnt out by the time he reached his home plate. He slides in and they're just laying there. It's part of the art of a inside the parker. You just lay there like ah, I did it, and you sort of take it in, but your arms spread out at home plate. But the one you speak of, now, this doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: No Princefielder, who's a big fella inside the park home run. Remember this reminisced with me a little bit because an unassuming guyne so and at Ford season, he'll catch it. That baby's up there. He doesn't see him. There he goes, but he turns on the jets and he'll round third castile's throat of the plate not in time, and dude so spent.
Speaker 4: He has to go into the clubhouse to catch his breath because he's having a heart attack.
Speaker 2: He can stop. He couldn't stop, you know.
Speaker 4: But again, one of his three o nine wasn't inside the parker and if you were to guess, actually he may have hit more than one, but he actually had a surprising amount of triples and things like that. You would never think that Prince Fielder would have had one at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at this slow mo of him running.
Speaker 1: The time can get it back in.
Speaker 4: To get in an oxygen machine. But there is an art to the inside the park home well again, the stack cast home Runs stat will track what they call a true home run home runs that clear at least half of all Major League stadiums. These are the rules moving forward according to this. Now, I have another question Fox Sports Radio over Promised Nation. As you know you could see here my Travis Matthew quarters Zip. I'm a Yankees fan. I don't have a hockey team. By the way, quick question before we get the typically. I had to look this up.
Speaker 1: Okay, how many inside the park home runs are hit each season in MLBA twenty Wow, between ten and twenty is the typical year. Since two thousand and one, there've been a couple hundred inside the park home run So he's exciting. Yeah, averaging the average is about thirteen a year. So listen, you're a third of the teams have one guy that hits in inside the park once.
Speaker 2: In a while.
Speaker 4: So as a Yankees fan, I don't have a hockey team.
Speaker 2: Grew up on the East Coast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, a lot of Rangers Devils, even Islanders fans.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I get it because you weren't a hockey guy. But growing up on the East Coast, you had more options than anything. I had a lot of options, but I had no ice. Rangers, Island, Theer's Devils, like that was my party.
Speaker 2: Where was I going ice skating? I was going to get into it.
Speaker 4: Great teams, great history there, but I'm a kid that was playing with football in the street.
Speaker 2: I wasn't ice skating anyway.
Speaker 1: Your rationale was funny, though, Where was I going ice skating?
Speaker 4: Giles's how you get into the sport, right, I'm playing baseball my whole life, so I'm going ice skating.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to prove a point.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 4: Not a hockey fan, yeah, unless we're talking raids.
Speaker 1: I was a Nintendo hockey fan. Where you picked, I picked two medium guys, one skinny guy in one fat guy does rule?
Speaker 4: That was the best line up blades of Steel was a great game. I love the fighting involved. Plus I lost the next girlfriend to a professional hockey player. That's a whole other story, New York Ranger, but.
Speaker 1: I should have led with that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: There is, however, something called the Utah Hockey Club, right there is something. And I thought that their new logo and their new mascot was going to be the Yetti, And I.
Speaker 1: Thought that was pretty cool. That was the story for a while, the Utah YETI and then they voted against it, and everyone's like, oh man, that would have been so cool. The yetti.
Speaker 4: You're picturing like a mountain with a sasquatchfre high. They're like, to me, that felt cool, and right, I do? I picture the what was that snow monster from the Christmas Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly the pied that guy.
Speaker 4: From Frozen, the one from the Rudolph claymation, that guy. However, they said, you know what, in no way, we got a new permanent mascot and logo and they're going with the Utah Mammoth.
Speaker 1: And I think equally cool though.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you so, I'm from Union, New Jersey. Okay, that's the new logo, and I'm gonna explain this growing up in Union, me and my goofy Guido friends and palace. Growing up, if you were the man.
Speaker 1: If they don't have a mascot, even though it's the mammoth, they need like some type of cool like that would have been cool.
Speaker 2: Growing up if you were the man. Let's say you were a ladies man, or.
Speaker 4: You're just a stud on the field and you just walked with that confidence, right, you had a sweet flow and pompadoo.
Speaker 2: You were a mammoth.
Speaker 4: Yoh dude, yo, bro, you're a mammoth, and it was just the way of HIPing people up, like what a mammoth?
Speaker 1: See that dude? That dude had three home runs today?
Speaker 2: What a mammoth?
Speaker 4: Mammoth was our thing that was growing up. Was our word amongst friends, like dude, look at that matth. Dude thinks he's a mammoth. Mammoth was our word because I identify with the word and it's so inside amongst my friends since we were kids. Would it be fair game for me to rock a mammoth hat because the logos kind of cool? Can I please show you the inside meaning before you decide? You see the mountain landscape of Utah hidden in there. They went with the mammoth because they've discovered many of mammoth fossils throughout history in Utah.
Speaker 1: There is a.
Speaker 4: Subtle you for Utah in the tusks. And if you look closely, if you zoom out spot no, no, actually, zoom in. I'm sorry, there's an m to the left by the mountain. So there's a lot going on there, right like, there's a lot. I love the hidden meanings, the subliminals. It means something. Although I like the yetti, the mammoth is a cool logo, man, I like it. And my question again being that I have no affiliation to any hockey team whatsoever, because I'm subjected to only Yankees hats. Is it cool to mix it up with a mammoth one? If it's a cool logo and a team, can I just say, yeah, bro, mammoths brom Is that an illegal moved?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you a hundred send thumbs up on this, I think because you're not a hockey guy, so you can. It's a cool hat, a cool logo, and I gotta be honest with you. I think I don't think I'm the only one. Has Every guy or a woman at least one time been like that logo's cool. I sort of want some merch. I'll give you my example. But I was a little boy. What you're the Orlando Magic debut late eighties, early nineties, I forget I'm ninety around there. I'd imagine I don't know Orlando Magic when that logo was nineteen eighty nine. When that logo debuted, I bought an Apex Orlando Magic jacket because I.
Speaker 4: Weren't you a big amazing Creskin fans. You're a big magic kid, you know, SIGRed Roy which wanted to be a magician.
Speaker 1: But I, for some reason, I thought that jacket with the pinstripe and the logo and the colors, I just you know, as a kid of the early nineties when you were a little New York Knicks kid, I just I love that magic color scheme and everything.
Speaker 4: So it was I would say the Charlotte Hornets was the one, though, like that was universally rocked by everybody.
Speaker 1: That was a popular one, especially with the little pouch that started the logo.
Speaker 4: Some logos were just and colors were undeniably cool. And I think the New Mammoth logo might be the one. I'm not hating on you for that, Rich, I'm not at all because you were a kid and kids make odd choices, and that magic one was pretty.
Speaker 1: Cool, not bad. I'm gonna send spot one that I that I just realized like a week ago. By the way, my daughter's softball team. My wife designed the logo and I rock a sweatshirt with it because I think it's cool. Where the ice crushers? She designed it like a graphic artist AI, you know, I mean that's what AI is. Now, how do you think they made that memoth? I mean I have a sweatshirt with them. You're like, what's the ice crushers? I'm like my daughters eight U softball team? But it looks cool. That is cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'd be like, oh, it's a minor league team I used to play for.
Speaker 1: But no, there is a minor league team. I want to give shout outs. That's another saying, Oh, I'm glad you brought that up minor league team. I think it's fair game.
Speaker 4: I think you're allowed to rock a modesto nuts or. I used to rock the Greensboro Bats. It was a Yankee affiliate, I believe, but if you like a minor league logo, who cares? I do think that's fair game and I'm a stickler for these rules.
Speaker 1: Did you see the new one spot? Look up the Crystal Coast Booty Divers.
Speaker 2: Oh, I gotta get there.
Speaker 4: They change their name for like a part of the season, but just the simple fact that they're.
Speaker 1: The Crystal Coast Booty Divers. Obviously you going for treasure. But who doesn't want a T shirt or hat that says booty Divers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, I think that's great.
Speaker 4: So before oh, yeah, gotta got it, booty divers man hunting for treasure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That and by the way, you don't think you just don't want to wear that when you're picking your kid up at school.
Speaker 1: You don't think he's reaching for the two cheeks there?
Speaker 4: Come on, absolutely, those are cheeks. The cheeks, Yeah, booty cheeks. So before we move on, I gotta shout out my guy, Mark Mouth. If you were a true mammoth, you're just a mouth, just a moth, Mark Muth. The biggest, greatest month of them all, and now I digest it's been the question of the month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really has rights, like the nation shouldn't believe how much this blew up. But I'll be honest, you're one of the first guys I heard talking about this.
Speaker 2: Rich is like this is stupid.
Speaker 1: It goes back for me because you you're one of the first guys where I was like, damn, this guy's obsessed with finding out how many you know, humans could kill a gorilla.
Speaker 2: Well, I was just trying to tell you that.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, everybody's debating this is crazy to see how many different opinions there are. People are trying to get scientific about it and everything the gorilla. How many can one hundred men, average men beat up one silver back gorilla? That's the story, right, Well, they're asking everybody. People are writing about it. Most recently, the greatest of them all, Rollie Vermero, was talking about it and if you guys saw a little guy though, roll your marrow is a little dude, but he's a fighter. He just knocked out just beat I should say, Ryan Garcia and knocked him down once knocked him down.
Speaker 2: One hundred dudes versus one silverback gorilla.
Speaker 3: Humans been capturing gorillas for years, So you're.
Speaker 2: Actually going with the humans. You're the first person to go with the humans.
Speaker 3: I don't know which idiot truly believes that a gorilla is gonna be mankind. I would say it, yeah, wait, wait you're going with the humans? Yes, over the gorilla. Yeah, it was like four point fifty. Yeah, rip your limbs off. How many gorillas are into Zoo?
Speaker 2: I don't know one. I don't know how many. Which you do ron Zu.
Speaker 4: We're in New York.
Speaker 5: But what don't you think on the first guy, the first guy that goes up to the girl and he rips him tread to shred, what do you think the other ninety nine guys are.
Speaker 2: Gonna take off?
Speaker 3: There would be a trap? What do you see humanity?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 3: Like, dude, we built skyscrapers and ship boy, you think a fucking gorilla is gonna beat us?
Speaker 2: The skyscrapers are.
Speaker 1: A bunch of bads, So I mean that's him.
Speaker 4: We're too smart. That's courtesy of Inside Boxing line. I have Rollie Romero, and I think it's funny that fighters are now trying to make his bones. Jones John Jones said, I'll help one hundred and beat a grill. But he goes, first of all, what did the girl do? He's like, why are we doing this in the fresh place, because.
Speaker 2: A lot of times girl is just mind their business and they're not bothering.
Speaker 1: Joe Bunch Jones said, listen, I think if you get a bunch of guys from the nfl UFC, big guys, we would take that thing down in no time. He goes, you're forgetting we're humans much like Rody Romiro, like we capture animals and put them in cages and zoos like, we are still humans. It's a civilized society.
Speaker 2: So believe me.
Speaker 4: Just when you thought this was finally going away and the debate was over and hey, we're smarter than girls, we'll figure it out, someone will grab a leg like Van Gundy, and then someone will go high and low. We're smart, one hundred of us. The question has now morphed into something more interesting, and that's how many don Zimmers get one hundred don Zimmers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, beat one. Pedro Martinez ah the infamous moment, I'm going eight don Zimmers. I think eight don Zimmers. He's old. I mean, Pedro just had to toss him, but he has old guy strength. Remember he would wear the army hard hat.
Speaker 4: I'm glad he brought that up because let's look at the sequence of events, spot I what really took place that day? Because it was wild. Zimmer comes running out. Pedro grabs him by the head. No, no, he gives the head like you and he toss him there. See grabs my head. Then he does a toss to the side, and then like zimmerly died there for a second, I remember he is dead, and now he came back to life a thirty if I'm not mistaken, a thirty one year old Pedro and a seventy two year old Don Zimmer. At the time, that's our dad's age, and Don Zimmer he was like an old seventy two. It seemed like so Rich when you and I agree, And by the way, Pedro was hated for a long time because he's supposed to do he was the enemy at I thought it was a good moves. That's a question itself. What was he supposed to do? Right, He's being attacked by an old guy like you get out of here.
Speaker 2: Just told us.
Speaker 4: At the time, he was like, how could you do that to Zim? When Rich and I agree, it's fact. Can one hundred Zimmers beat up one Pedro eight ken? The answer is yes, I believe eight, but I do believe six zimmers wearing army helmets can do it can be so it depends. Yes, eight zimmers can beat up one pedro six with the helmet. I think we should live it at that and wish everyone a great dis What do you think? Six Army Zimmers? Six Army Zimmers hit us up Yes at Fox Sports Radio at Coveno and Rich hashtag over promised, thank you spot producing the show catch us Monday through Friday. We'll see you in Vegas in June. And enjoyed the NBA Tonight aribade. See you in the over promised Land Gimebye, six Army Szimmers