Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Welcome sir.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I think it's my first time on this show.
Speaker 3: Yes, first time on the bluele Care Podcast. Officially a lot of people don't know this, but the bluelet Care Podcast was supposed to be a drink champions That's right.
Speaker 1: We didn't have the network. Then we were trying.
Speaker 2: We met like three times, yes, and I know you was like trying to do this year. Yeah, I didn't. You know. I'm a type of person to try to do everything.
Speaker 1: On my own, but I'm also now realizing that I can't, so I need help, you know what I mean. So I partner with Randy Biggs and EFN and like we finally formed a conglomerate. And now so because one thing for short, two things for certain. As an artist, I try to like take care of everything. But then I realized, like I kind of like manage myself to to a certain extent, even though Biggs and Randy manage me, but day to day manage myself, you know what I'm saying. So, but now we finally got it together, you know what I'm saying. So, so we launched a drink network with Memphis Memphis Bleak. He's doing phenomenal. Thank you for trusting us. You know what I'm saying, because right now I give I give all podcasts to something right now, all people, all on air radio personalities right now, talking to NAS, talking to Jungle is way more powerful than talking to NAS right now, talking to Tony Yo, it's more powerful than talking to fifty cent. Right now, talking to Jim Jones is more powerful than talking to camera. Talking to Juwel's is more powerful than talking to cameraon right now because right now, if people are not understanding, it is the.
Speaker 2: Hour of the man next to the man.
Speaker 3: You're getting a perspective that like because you've heard I mean, there's how many fifty cent interviews are there?
Speaker 2: Yep? But when you're here Tony Yo's.
Speaker 1: Perspective exactly because he was there for all of this crazy shit, Like.
Speaker 2: You follow fifty cent.
Speaker 1: Like so if you follow fifty right and you can look at it, he's he's in all these luxurious places, but it's nothing to him. But you see Tony Yao and Uncle Murder, they make that shit look so much better, like they make this shit because it's like you could tell that they appre they're not twenty million, they're not one hundred million sold. So they're sitting there and they're they're like, yo, man, I want my steak well done.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, and to me, I would invest right now as a person who studying algorithms, I would invest in Tony Yoyo. Like if I had a chance to, I did.
Speaker 2: I did. I did. Because Hole's not gonna talk.
Speaker 1: So if Hole's not gonna talk, what what is the next best thing? And I'm telling you I've Jungle is one of my favorite people to hang out with. Jungle describes Na's life in the way Nas cannot.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you, hey, real quick.
Speaker 3: When to tell you about our sponsors at odd socks, that's our day one family makes you follow them at odd Socks Official. I just got running a five k with them and Burt Kreischer. You see the Happy Gilmore socks. You know part two's coming soon. They got the socks, they got the draws, the most comfortable socks in the entire world, plus the underwear, all of it. Get twenty percent off. Go to odd socksoficial dot com. Use that promo code bootleg right now or bootleg keV. I forget which one it is. I think it's both. I think both work. Anyway, let's get back to the interview.
Speaker 2: I sincerely believe.
Speaker 1: Nas Peter Steve Stout will not allow that to happen because Jungle knows where the bodies is. Yay Yo knows where the bodies are, right, Uncle Verta knows where the bodies are right, so on and so right. So these guys that's next to the guy. I'm telling you, it's worth just as much or if not even more. But that's that's the real hip hop stories, you know what I'm saying, Like like Rockefeller, like I've been related to them. I mean, you were signed the Rockefeller, but it wasn't your Rekord album Change. Okay, you got the change perspective wise, we all thought you were big message of music currency Rockefeller, but.
Speaker 2: I never they were so rich at the time they didn't care about.
Speaker 1: Giving me a contract and just said you signed, and I was like, all right, no problem, and we just rolled with it, right and I just kept my paperwork.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. But yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like my point of bringing it up is, right now, these hip hop stories, like I thought, right now, we got another five to seven years of podcasting, and it's just it's gonna it's gonna, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's getting to the point.
Speaker 3: And like, I mean, look, I want to know your perspective because you were the first. I mean, obviously Joe Budden was was already moving, but I do feel like you kind of brought it an energy for the first time into the space that was like, you know, we see now like the Jada and Joe show, Fat Joe or Joe and Jada, The show's hilarious, hilarious, both hilarious.
Speaker 2: Both captain cats.
Speaker 3: It's I just love how Fat Joe talks eighty percent of the time and then the toy and then Kiss is just reacting.
Speaker 1: But that's you know, let me tell you why I like that. That's Fat Joe at dinner right like we could be El Molino's eleven thirty am. He wants to talk about shooting somebody in Trinity A f what the fuck shot Joe? Can you calm down? This guy right here owns the fucking Knicks. This guy over here, fucking right, he owns the New York City.
Speaker 2: Blimps, right right, right right.
Speaker 1: We're not talking about one time I shot a person in the face of school, in front of the teacher. Joe, stop my brother, Joe. Yes, but he's crazy. You were on vacation. He's he's just liked that. And that's why Joe and Jada works is because that's exactly who Joe is and that's exactly who Jada is.
Speaker 3: It's funny because you know, Joe's tried to do the pod thing before. Yeah, I think that this is the perfect dynamic.
Speaker 2: Though you you.
Speaker 1: Could, you can you can this this This is the reason why you can tell that it's a rock Nation play, but you can tell that making the best of it, Like you can tell like this is something that like you know, Rock Nations probably wanted to get in the podcast because you can't ignore this podcast money, right man. You can't like whether you say it's infasciated or whatever, you can't ignore that. You know, look at these people that they're doing numbers in their family, so they wanted though they had in the ring. It's a it's a dope. They're both rock Nation artists. I can see Desirettions name written all over this, right, you know what I mean? I can see rock Nation written all over it, right? Uh So they take take Jada, they take Joe. They put them together and they tell them to be theirself, and it's it's kind of yeah, it's kind of dope. And it's in the sneaker store. You can smell the Jordan's behind you, you know what I mean. You can see the artwork. So I think I think that it works, and I think I think it's dope that artists because because Jada was a mysterious guy.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, kisses not like we know kiss to be like hilarious because like we no kiss, but like he's not like out there on social media like that, right, you know, Like then you get.
Speaker 2: To see that kiss went to private school. You like what Right're like?
Speaker 1: Yo, you so more coked than fucking scarface, Right, you have time to go to private school, bro, Like and you avoided jail, Like this is crazy, Like your bars did not avoid jail. Right, your your lyrics has been locked up for twenty five years. For twenty five years, your lyric's been locked up. Bro.
Speaker 2: You it's just you home.
Speaker 1: So I just love that they being there being them, Like that's that's that's who they.
Speaker 3: That conbo about like flying flying first class. Oh yeah, I just.
Speaker 2: Can't do it. Like what you mean you can't do it? Are you? Are you like that where you can't fly unless it's first class.
Speaker 1: I'm scarred. I'm scarred. I was down with management company called Valado Chris Recipes, Chris Lighty and big up to my boy Mike Lighty.
Speaker 2: By Layer album is solid, by the way, it's on both albums.
Speaker 1: I got both flacks. Well, Mike Lighty, who was my role manager if it was Mike Lighty later went on to become gu and This road manager. And Mike Lighty always says, if I didn't go through the Norway school, I would have never survived the day in the g Unit school, right.
Speaker 2: So Mike Lighty.
Speaker 1: Would have this thing where he would get me there by any means necessary. So at the time, this is nineteen ninety seven, I'm into some shit, you know, I'm into I'm into smoking bud and he would lie to me to get me anywhere.
Speaker 2: So he'd be like, hey man, this is is bad bit just there. This, this is weed.
Speaker 1: This liquor, this is all this, And I'm like, all right, cool, I'll get there. There's nothing I would just tell you, yo, there's some hose over it.
Speaker 2: But I'm there.
Speaker 1: I gotta sign the autographs, right, I gotta do the instore right right boom. So Mike light of this reason why I'm bringing up the first class day. So Mike Lighty would just lie to me and be like, Yo, you know, we gotta we gotta a flight to the room and I'll get to the airport and I'm in sixty seven Z you know what I'm saying. And I'm like, holy moly, GAMOI got to the airport, but I got to what I'm gonna do, like, so I got I got scarred from that. So later on in life, I discovered something called miles, and miles I could, I could upgrade you, but I can't really like technically give you miles. I could, Yes, so I'm a mile God can show you right now. I got a million Miles. I got a million points in Star Wars. Excuse me, Marriott, bomb boy, I got a million points in Hilton. I got a million points.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're running it up off the points. Yeah, I mean that's the I feel like. That's the one thing I tell people, if you have like real discipline to pay a credit card off this year every month, don't spend anything on a debit card because you run up them points.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm a point god. At one time he was on Chris Paul credit cards.
Speaker 1: One time he was on the road. It was me DMX and I forget who else, and my homie sounds amazing. By the way, Homie. This at the time where we used to smoking rooms, like you used to literally like like check into the hotel and light a cigarette as you walk in your This is a terrible time, by the way, but that's what we used to do. So he no one would put their credit cards down. Remember you had to put your credit card, and so Ali, it's like fifty of us and Ali puts his credit card down, which is a death jam card. It's not getting charged to him. So if we smoke, he got all the points. Everywhere we went, he got a president too sweet from getting upgraded. And I'm like, yo, bro, I was supposed to be the important guy here. How are you in the suite?
Speaker 2: Are you in the sweet And I'm not.
Speaker 1: He let your card down, and I'm like, you know what, I'm not smoking in my room.
Speaker 2: I'm going to smoking DMX room.
Speaker 1: But he's already smoking, so I wouldn't smoke it. So I stopped and I would take my incidentals and then and like, people see me all over the world, and sometimes I'm paying and sometimes I'm cool ponning.
Speaker 3: Ain't that wrong with with miles, But you could also like, you know, people, if you want you get in you two videos that break that ship down, You're like, damn, all right, you do?
Speaker 2: I just do amex all they just.
Speaker 1: Getting But I'm United Direct, I'm American Direct, I'm Hilton Direct. And then the lounges, LOUNGESU I know people who I know people who cast flights for lounges bro. I know people who catch flights just to take a shower.
Speaker 3: I was in fucking Thailand and I needed to record my radio show and I went into the like the little lounge they rented, the private room.
Speaker 2: I had a private room.
Speaker 3: I was able to do my whole radio show in the airport lounge. And technology. Gotta love that technology. Hell yeah, yo. Something you mentioned NOAs a little bit earlier. I always wondered when you guys did body in the trunk?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: The concept of that record, because it's one of the best storytelling Records's one of the most undrated storytelling records ever. Think one of my favorite records off of off of.
Speaker 2: N y E.
Speaker 3: Whose concept was it? And how did you guys work that story out in the studio?
Speaker 1: I would never change this story. Jungle and a friend from from my hood. They were they were playing around and they were like, it's a body son, it's a body son like and they were just saying that. So when I got to the studios his Hip Factory Recording Studios of fifty fourth Street, and I always enjoyed the two I'm sorry everybody else, but the two people I enjoy being in the studio with the most and have I've ever worked with is Nas and for Roun, Like for some reason, it's it's a it's a chemistry that happens, like the o g that he is.
Speaker 2: He's like, yo, I can't make the Na's voice.
Speaker 1: So just being with me like, yo, we got we got, we got, we got mad Records. Let's let's let's make a record with some sense like something some type of and I'm like, all right, cool. So I'm like I'm like, I'm a little nervous. It's Nas, right, this is nervous. I'm going to the bathroom and Jungle and my boy is still saying that yo's a body, yo, and they.
Speaker 2: Neither one of them rape. But I'm like.
Speaker 1: And it's like he's a body, yo. And I'm like, I go to the bathroom. I'm using the bathroom. I get out and I go Nas, did you hear what what Jungle Niggas is playing with? And he's like what he's like is he saying this is a body? So I'm like, let's let's let's play off for that, like there's a body and I come see you and he's like, that's genius. And we just wrote the ship and I remember Jungle and the homie coming in and just looking at us like just stole the whole ship. I'm like, yeah, playing with the ship. That was a dope concept, you know what I'm saying. So f we did it because the way we describe it, like you see the queen shirt right there, those queen shirts, the seven line that's all queens, like how we're describing it.
Speaker 2: The two or four that's two four is the school that Nas went to.
Speaker 1: So if you listen to if you're from that area, like we really described something like I want to do the video to it like in real time like nowadays, like like I want to do like a real uh uh uh. It's like a mini film. And let me not let me not forget Dame Grease. Dame Grease. A lot of people forget him in this because it was me and Nash who did the record, but Dame came and made all those sounds or all.
Speaker 2: The sound effects that make movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he produced the ship out of that record, So a lot of people don't so Dame Grease. And and yeah, that's one of my favorite records, four hundred degrees from Juvenile.
Speaker 3: He just shot a video for that song. Like twenty years later. You should do something body.
Speaker 1: And the Trump Bloody Money like three years ago that that was my first thing. So yeah, I'm gonna start doing things like that. And plus plus I'm getting my masters back.
Speaker 2: How does it? How what's the process of you getting your masters back?
Speaker 3: Is it because it's a time limit thing, like the time passes and then you're getting back or you're buying them as well.
Speaker 1: It works for out both for me, one is the time limit thing, and to this company that actually owns it, I'm doing other business or I'm getting into to do other businesses. We want to look at you kind of like, yeah, work it out, and you know, it's probably the first time I kind of like felt selfish, you know what I mean, because the deal was re quiet for me. But it's me and Compone's album and Tras was a part of it as well, right, so you know, you know Trage said to be when he filed out, He's like, you're gonna do what the quality go and I was like, no, like these are my I mean, you know shit, that's sometimes the way some people say that Jay and Dame broke up because of the reasonable doubt. Like that first album means different to me. You know what I'm saying, It's my first album. You know what I'm saying, Like it's my first time spitting on the mic, and you know what I'm saying, my first time coming late to a studio session.
Speaker 2: It is my first time doing that. So what you guys are doing Rock the bells this weekend, and we did Rock the bell because this is come up. Yeah, this will be out after so but where.
Speaker 3: You know, I had this me Puerto Rico, Rob scram Jones were at dinner last night and we just started throwing. We just got on this tangent about best album covers of all time, and uh, and I said, the War Reports got to be in that conversation. It's timeless, It's on t shirts, it's on hoodies in.
Speaker 2: What was the the photo shoot?
Speaker 3: Like the conceptual like thought process of War Reports covered because it is so iconic and it's still people have. I didn't realize you said Shortline Mafia just yeah, just paid homage to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that, big them up and they did a video to the Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, even at Coachella they were they were CNN out with the tanks and ship.
Speaker 2: They're crazy. Yeah, I like them, but they're crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy and I'm not flost and this is just facts. I went out to dinner the other day, uh, with Jamie Left Raight. His family owns Left right. That's where I'm from it and he says to me, he says, you know the first time I found.
Speaker 2: Out about you, And I said, what is that?
Speaker 1: He said, they said that somebody's in my apartments, throwing down, saying and taking pictures. So I looked at him and I was like, sir, you have no idea what you just described to me. And he goes what is that, I said, that's my very first album cover. That's the War Report. Because we didn't have photoshop back then. We had to go to Jones Beach. We had to go to Rockaway Beach and actually literally pick up sand and put it on the floor.
Speaker 2: So when.
Speaker 1: You see my my Timberlands, my Timberland is actually on sand. And then everything else was that version of photo shop later, but that's what I remember. I remember like us getting kicked out because we had to literally bring our own props.
Speaker 3: And yeah, because back then it was like like you said, it wasn't like you could just and you can make anything on a computer. Now, if you get take a picture in front of a green screen, you could be in Greece right now for sure.
Speaker 1: And yeah, but yeah, that was that was iconic. And then another thing that stood out to me that that that that happened with that album cover was the dude snitched on the old neighborhood the next day. I don't know if you'll ever seen the War Report. When you open up the War Report, we got a place in there where it goes, Trader says Trader. The dude took the picture with he's in both he's in both he's in Queensbridge and he's in left right, And the very next day he took the stand on everybody in the picture, everybod he's in the picture with him.
Speaker 2: The day before. Oh wow.
Speaker 1: And so that's why you see when you open up the album cover it says Trader.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I feel like if you had to did that these days that I probably would have sued you. Everyone's getting fucking too right. I don't know, man, it's crazy, YO, talk to me for you man. Like, I do feel like as much as like Joe Budden was the first guy, I do.
Speaker 2: Feel like this surgery we were right there. No.
Speaker 3: But but I feel like I feel like, you know, there is no it is what it is with Cam and Mace, there is no Joe and Jada.
Speaker 2: I feel like you guys really we made the drink Champs made.
Speaker 3: I feel like, you know, you guys are the godfathers of the current podcast Waving hip Hop.
Speaker 2: I'll break it down like this for you.
Speaker 1: The very first podcast hip hop podcast has to go to Cipher Styles at Rosenberg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to U.
Speaker 1: Shout out to one appp I cannot I used to do their podcast and they used to. We used to do it like here, like you see how I just did the Brothers Club when I came here. So I used to do the morning show or whatever, and I used to do that podcast and I used to not curse. They just like you could curse. I'm like, I feel like you're tricking me. I feel like we're in the principal's office right and you're telling me to curse. And then I'm gonna get get Yeah, I'm gonna get in trouble because why are you telling me I can't curse it.
Speaker 2: I'm in Hot ninety seven. So I didn't. I didn't. I didn't get it.
Speaker 1: But when it comes to that, the very first hip hop podcast is one app after that. It was iced Tea.
Speaker 2: See I never listened to Iced Tea had a podcast.
Speaker 1: Then comes combat Jack, Combat Jack for sure, Combat Jack Combat Show.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Charlotte was a part of that.
Speaker 3: Now it was a whole network. Yeah, brilliant idiot was on that network. Yeah, give the premium Pede and those guys. Yeah yeah, but I feel like you did the guest driven shit.
Speaker 2: So what happened was we had had a radio show with Leo G. You remember Leo G.
Speaker 1: Sixty six. Well, we had a radio show and it was called MILITATETMT Crazy World Radio.
Speaker 2: It's the same exact fucking thing if you look it up on YouTube. We cheated. We use the same exact show right.
Speaker 1: The only thing is we had Tiger Bone right and the ship worked. But then member of Serious Satellite was it sixty six Raw and Shade.
Speaker 2: They merged.
Speaker 1: They merged and I had just moved from New York. I was stressed, and they were like, yo, to keep this going. We want you all to come up once a week in New York. And I was just like nah. I was just like I had, I had, I had, I had needed a break, so I didn't do it. Years later, EFN was it was just the friend knew what we had, like I got to give him. He has patience I don't. And he years later came to me and was like, yo, I got this play. It's called a podcast, but we do the same exact thing. And the concept was just us be us because we we had we had copywritten drink Champs because I used to use EFN studio and he used to play poker and we used to drink all night. I'll be drinking on one side of the studio, He'll be playing poker on the other side of the studio, and whoever would be up at night, we would be like, Oh, you're a drink champ. You're a drink champ, right, So we just took the name to play around, and then I made a song called drink Champ with Alchemists, and I talk about me challenging all the rappers. I beat bird Man, I beat all these guys in drinking. And then years later we did it, and then CBS came to the table, and then Revault came to the table, and it just just everything, everything took off.
Speaker 3: Do you speak to the importance of e f N? Because I feel like he's uh. I feel like he's such an underrated guy and his knowledge of hip hop is top tier. He's such a he's just I think he's amazing, man. You think he adds so much to the show. But just like the importance of I mean, obviously, you're no you're, you're, you're fucking Nordy, You're everybody knows Nori.
Speaker 2: But EFN is so important to the equation. He's hip hop like like one thing for short.
Speaker 1: For certain, he has morals and places where I don't. Yes, like he does not do things for the money. He takes the money, just take the money, all day. Money. He's not money driven, but he's not money driven. And that is the quality in itself, and that that that humbles me at times, you know what I'm saying, Like evens you out a little, even he might have to be like, hey, y not ally's good money. Yeah, but but but he does like money. Don't don't get in twisted. He does like money, but he's always morals driven, like like like to this day, like he on DJ unless it's vinyl.
Speaker 2: See, I don't get that. Yeah, that that he's stubborn.
Speaker 3: I respect it because you're kind of like a weird niche DJA. Like, Hey, if we're gonna do some hipster backpack night, who's gonna carry fucking seven crates in the night?
Speaker 2: Or you can bring your fucking laptop. I was a static Selectives bar last night.
Speaker 3: The DJ was only playing on vinyl, and I'm like, this is the most inefficient bullshit.
Speaker 2: I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: It's hip hop though, no it is.
Speaker 3: But it's also like, yo, guys, technology guys, you know what's crazy?
Speaker 1: And I know I'm gonna sound I'll normalf like a dinosaur. But you can if you actually listen, you can tell when a person's playing vinyl.
Speaker 2: You can't by how they make You could actually tell.
Speaker 1: I can walk into a party and be like, yo, that's Tyler Leo the vinyl Like I can tell, like because I don't know the way the record is mixed, but yeah, he does not confined with technology.
Speaker 3: You know, talk to me about like, because like you said, it's impossible to ignore the economy of the podcast market right now, so much so that it's becoming you know, I think, you know, with anything artists. Hip hop's oversaturated with new artists and podcasts the same thing, right, the cream rises to the top. But when did you realize that this thing was not a good bag but like a life changing like oh, because you know, I've heard like, uh, Gillian Wallow talk about some of the contracts they've signed, and and you hear numbers getting thrown out there. But when when was that moment for you where you were.
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, the moment for me was ownership. I didn't own nothing in hip hop until a lot of years and and and then and the albums that I do kind of like own.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like not worth right like some of your more independent works. Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it's worth something, yeah, but it's not worth my my thing is. So that was that was that was the concept from the beginning, was like I wanted to own this, like like like I one year, we sold it to vote for one year and well, well.
Speaker 2: You licensed it.
Speaker 1: We licensed, we we high licensed it and you know, we took the super super pay and then we wanted.
Speaker 2: We blew up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but those those rights got with that ship were voted back. The rights came back to us. So we want to we want to own this. This is something like I don't think that drink Champs doesn't have my name on it per se.
Speaker 2: It's it's its own. It says in our E and E f N preson it's drink Champs, right.
Speaker 1: But I look at this as the future, like I knew I knew CAM was going to come into the space, right, But in my idea, I was going to give drink champces to CAM.
Speaker 2: Like I was going to cash out. That's what I was going to try to do.
Speaker 1: Like and I was gonna be like, yo, I want you to be the host on a lot of years or whatever. Obviously he thought how I thought he wanted to own his own ship too. But that was my thing was it really wasn't about the money, like you know it's it's not you know, hip hop has been great to me.
Speaker 2: I've been platinum, Like you have the hit records. Yeah yeah, like you hit by the way.
Speaker 3: You can do live shows as much as you want, like all these old school shows that are popping up everywhere.
Speaker 2: You could be getting the bag every weekend. So when it was for me was.
Speaker 1: When I you know, God blessed with Volt the original Revolt regime, when we were so hot and they came to us and they knew the concept was you guys want to own your own stuff, and they agreed to that. That was like for me, you know what I mean, because this is something that's my son over there. I know he looks like one of the guys, but this is something I could leave to my son, you know what I'm saying, Like I can actually leave this like the network can.
Speaker 2: Also the catalog.
Speaker 3: It's like people like like some of like I think that that's what's dope. When you have certain interviews like the ones you have is that they're gonna like you're for real, interview is gonna live forever, you know what I'm saying, Like like these are interviews that are never going to go anywhere. There are always going to be historical time pieces that people are gonna be able to go back and listen to.
Speaker 2: And Yo, I was in the building.
Speaker 1: Hold on, let me do just just like the Bleak podcast, Like we signed Bleak, but Bleak owns all his SOUF, he owns the I P, he owns I cannot, I cannot own.
Speaker 2: What is the business model for you?
Speaker 1: It's pretty much production. Like we handled the production for him and we handled the distribution, right.
Speaker 3: Are you handling help and getting him with ad partners?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not me personally, but the team is you know what I mean, that's not my forte but yes, the team is so essentially and our heart as well, our heart is with it as well.
Speaker 2: It's our heart is part of that.
Speaker 1: So essentially you're.
Speaker 3: Saying, hey, Bleak, I'm gonna handle producing this whole ship. You just gotta show up e Memphis Bleak.
Speaker 1: And he's he's he's doing it more to me now like he's he's he's filming it. That he's gonna give a fuck, he's whatever, Like he said, badass painting the ass excuse me, And every every clip that he's sending out is just going through the roof because again human painting as one, yeah, and painting and ass talking about the reasonable doubts, skates and all that. So, like I said, he's he's just he's just continuing working. And the good thing about podcast space is don't try to be something you're not. Talk to your audience because they're there. So that's what I like about Bleak. He's not trying to be controversial, he's not trying to be dangerous. He's trying to be funny, and he's trying to tell these stories because and like I literally just got the text that whole just approved source Money on Bleak's podcast. So this will be the first time saw money and what I never I don't even know. And by the way, Source Money, there's a rumor that I got beef with you. He's proof that I've got to be with you. This this is on my network as well, you know what I'm saying. This is on our network, But I think now I want to fly up for the fucking interview, you know, you gotta want to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to watch because.
Speaker 1: We all know this a fallout, but we don't know what fall out, didn't we know?
Speaker 2: I gotta do the mail interview where she at l with the Christian Brothers, Memember Brothers.
Speaker 1: Yes, remember, yeah, was the R and B sing on Rockefeller and that's what when Bleak for me and Bleak talked about it.
Speaker 2: I actually called Bleak.
Speaker 1: This is how it happened, and you can get Bleak up here.
Speaker 2: I called Bleak because I called him.
Speaker 1: I said, oh, listen, you doesn't drink chances before, but now I know it's the man next to.
Speaker 2: The man man. Yeah, I know it. You can feel it.
Speaker 1: I feel the algorithms when I when I interviewed Jim Jones. I feel the algorithms when I interviewed Tony Yale. So I told Bleik, I said listen, and Bleak came and I showed him the algorithm. I said, look, didn't I tell you? And then we did the concept and he's staying in that zone. He's talking to that people and it's working.
Speaker 2: It's working. Jim chat to Jim. Jim Jones is on one of the crazier it is crazy.
Speaker 3: He just me saying he's like, Yo, this ship is working. I'm gonna just I'm gonna just die.
Speaker 1: I don't knock him. I don't knock him. I mean, listen, it's working. People are talking about him.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna compare me the what am I say?
Speaker 1: No? Yes, she want me to be like nah man, No, compare me to whole, Compare me to Joy Badass?
Speaker 2: What the fuck? No, nigga like you want to be compared to Hold? That's no. Stop.
Speaker 3: You would never say You would never say though, that you're better than jay Z.
Speaker 2: Would you ever say that like he said Bar for Barr put us in the booths? Nah?
Speaker 1: He didn't say that, he did, Nah he did.
Speaker 2: He said that. He said that on the Shannon Sharp ship. Okay, you would never say that.
Speaker 1: Hilarious. By the way, let me just tell you something. I'm gonna tell you something. Jim knows how to go viral, bro. He he's doing a really good and I appreciate the media. Run My only thing if Jim Jones, if you listen to this, go through your own podcast, bro, please stop giving these other people these lights Like God, do those numbers with without you? Who's the Joey and Jaya. They're gonna do these numbers with without you. Go and Harlem set up in a fire hydrant and fucking turn on the fire hydrant. Let the kids get the fucking baths and fucking do some double dutch with the girls and do that.
Speaker 3: Hey, we gotta wrap up this interview, another one presented by Hardan Baby, you already know what it is. Shout out to Hardeen for presenting another episode of the Bootleg cav podcast. Don't forget when you're in Vegas, you're getting that tax, you getting that uber say take me to Hardean, the number one cannabis dispensary in the world. Premium selection of the craziest gas you could ever ask for, and then they break down all what all the turps mean. It's incredible. Go to Harden Underscore Las Vegas. Shoot them a follow, and when you're in Las Vegas and make sure you shoot them a visit. Hey, don't forget to go to bootleg keV dot com. You know, we had to celebrate the two year anniversary of the most viral interview of all time.
Speaker 2: Throw the shirt up so you could see it. I turned it down.
Speaker 3: Shout out to that boy Big Boogie a big college in Jacksonville, and we just threw these on sale half off for the five hundred episode t Bootleg cav dot com.
Speaker 2: Go get you a shirt. Let's get back to the interview.
Speaker 3: One of the most interesting nights I went to. You had a podcast that you did. This is around the time that Freddie RSUs Jason album came out in l A.
Speaker 2: And you invited me.
Speaker 3: To the filming. It was in like somewhere near Santa Monica. Kiss Fab was there, but the Diddy talk about that Drey and Michelle and damn, I forgot that boy Drey was in the background. She went on camera forgot and that was the That was the funniest ship because I remember it went viral because he kept saying like, Yo, yeah, Daddy, like I just told you that podcast and that that moment because I was standing there and I was like, oh, this fool was on a sick one for sure, because I remember when I introduced that was the first time ever met Ddy and I remember just seeing it in his eyes.
Speaker 1: I was like, Oh, this fools see but see this is this is what I just said, but this is really what happened. He had beef with Fab, like not beef, but Fab was drinking a different type of vodka.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you peep it, like if you look.
Speaker 1: That's why he said we don't party party. He's talking about the actual the party party thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah he had the coke.
Speaker 1: Do you party party?
Speaker 2: But by the way, he didn't tell me that neither.
Speaker 1: Like so when they start going off on his own, me and Kisses looking at each other like what the fuck is going on because we didn't know that they had like they like like they little like secret kind of like beefs.
Speaker 2: But that's what it was.
Speaker 1: And like I told I had a chance to edit that it was too good, but I was like, fuck it, And you know what, my skin is thick, and I know I'm not like it's like somebody it's like somebody calling.
Speaker 2: You dirty, right, like you dirty dude. You're like my dude, I take three shours a day.
Speaker 1: It doesn't really bother you, Like if you know you're not dirty or you're not you're not dirty. So I actually I actually embraced it. I was just like, fucking it goes virul every fucking two weeks. It it goes viral for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 3: Because in retrospect now people are like, yo, you remember when like he warned us.
Speaker 2: But here's the deal. A seesaw. Life is a seesaw.
Speaker 1: You gotta go up, but then you gotta go down, but then you got to go up again.
Speaker 2: You gotta just accept life, so sometimes you gotta go down. Are you conscientious of that?
Speaker 3: As somebody who has had his peaks and valleys in the music industry and now you're you're.
Speaker 2: You're more relevant than ever arguably right in the culture. Are you like.
Speaker 3: Conscientious of not getting too comfortable, not getting not not you know, like not necessarily just like, Yo, this ship could be here tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I remember there was one time you you you popped up in a Bang Bros. Video. Dog, Yeah, what offend if work for Bank Bros? Yes, I didn't know all of them.
Speaker 1: Did this is everybody in I had to work for a point company at some point you're not really a Miami And I had the hacked password and I was like, yeah, I did an interview. I had water in my hand and something fell on me. I was like, wait a minute, I thought it was firm. I was like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah shit is real, Like shit is real, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sh it is real. I definitely remember that.
Speaker 3: But what was saying, I was just wondering, like, are you just like you know, is that what keeps you? Because you you got so much going on, bro, and I feel like, you know, a lot of people will get comfortable. A lot of people would kind of put it in cruise control, like yeah, we're gona shoot the podcast once a week, or I feel like you're always.
Speaker 2: Doing so much.
Speaker 3: I mean you got the run Club, the Marathon, and I mean obviously the network's now going like what and I feel like you got the rap bugglo key back a little bit, a little bit that see you on a master Killer song recently, Yo, I killed that shit too right.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how he paused, how you got that out of me? Were?
Speaker 2: I think I was overseas and master Killer, I'm a big fan of No said date very slept on album The Balance.
Speaker 1: The album is dope. Master Killer is dope. And he hit me and I was like cinder beat and he said to beating. I think I just did it right then and there, and I just never thought about it until the album dropped and then Rizza came on the show the day the day the album dropped. But yeah, I mean, I'm never gonna fully not rap right like I can in the shower and the soap drops right and they.
Speaker 2: Go and I'll start right. It's just in me, right.
Speaker 1: I just like the other day I was it was funny as hell. My wife walks in the room and I'm sitting there like this in the shower because I couldn't had a line and I was just like and I had to type in the lyrics. She's just looking at me like, are you an addict? Like I was like, Yo, Sometimes when I when I I hear a lyric, I have to write it down because I'll say I remember it and then I'll forget it and then so, yeah, I got the bug again. Pharrell. Every like five to six years he makes this new different sound. And when he makes this new different sound, god bless me.
Speaker 2: I kind of feel like.
Speaker 1: I'm always in those algorithms. I'm always a part of that. I feel like he gave clips, all of them clips. By the way, I've been jealous of y'all beat selection for years, Oh my goodness, for years. You know, I had grinding. Grinding was supposed to be Vine. Wait, you had grinded? I I had grinding, want grind?
Speaker 2: Did you record on it? I just I did.
Speaker 1: I'm on the remix as well, and I'm in the video.
Speaker 2: Go look at the video. You gonna be like, damn you passed. No, I did not. They gave they took the.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was that was always a beat.
Speaker 2: But he gave.
Speaker 1: Clips some some some ship.
Speaker 2: And he gave Ross Ross record.
Speaker 1: Ross was a hit.
Speaker 3: It's hard, that's the That's gonna be Ross's biggest single probably in the last decade.
Speaker 2: And Ross did it right.
Speaker 1: He filmed the video in Paris so because it's a whole little wave right now, Like like, you know, everyone is going to Paris for fashion week. I'm not a fashion guy, per se. I like clothes, but I'm not gonna be you know, I'm not gonna be that guy that's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be I'm not walking in a Louis fucking fashion Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna be buying Louis fucking.
Speaker 2: Straws. You know what I'm saying. I'm not gonna be doing like that condoms.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not gonna buy a fucking Louis Vuitton coffee mug. It's not gonna be me, but I got lous buiton headphones. You do have a Louis Vuitton, Yeah, yes, just to hold the butt, hold.
Speaker 2: The marijuana weed back. Yes, you're on it. You've been on a health kick. Are you still drinking a lot?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I drink, I drink. I drink occasionally. But is it like strictly on the show? You know?
Speaker 1: It depends because sometimes if a guest don't drink, I won't drink neither. But but then sometimes I just want to get drunk on the show because it.
Speaker 2: Goes with the show.
Speaker 3: It's almost like there's like a fine balance of like when you're drinking with someone on the show, they open up more.
Speaker 1: But then there's times where you guys are fucked up.
Speaker 2: Like like Rizza just put us on and you're fucking fried. Yes, yes, but Rizza just put us on. Rizza.
Speaker 1: We just did a four hour interview with Rizza. We drank eight bottles literally of sake. Oh he drinks, no, not drinks. He's a drink champion and he like will make it he I was. I just was with him in La in his dressing room. I saw that he had the killer, the Killer.
Speaker 2: That's his wife the killer though, did you know that? Yes, his wife actually makes that. Oh wow yeah yeah, so he's he four hours with res of eight bottles. Listen.
Speaker 1: He's my type of drinker though, Like, that's my type of drinker because he gets smarter as I get dumber. I'm gonna be honest, I get dumber, but in a great way, like in a fun way. He gets more five percent. He's like, because you know why the earth surface is this color?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Everything is related. It's all mathematics. God, it's all mathematics. God, you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, and none of this it can make sense, but you'd be like your got gods. The guy he was like, because the earth surface is green because it's a.
Speaker 2: Company drink the universe and the God.
Speaker 1: I'm like that I listened to, like, I don't care. So to this day, Rizza has he has affected me because I have not drinking any other liquor since Rizza has left Drink Champs other than saki.
Speaker 2: I do like saki. Saki. It creeps up on you. Yeah, it's not even here.
Speaker 3: Hey, that thing about that sock of that ship will sneak up on you and you'd be like, wait a minute, why did how did I get here? Or if you're like if it's a long dinner, you stand up, You're like, it's when you stand up, when you stand up?
Speaker 1: Fuck up?
Speaker 2: Stand Oh my goodness. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But that's to get back to to the point, is I am on a health kick. These brothers are right here. They're taking this crazy journey with me. You know what I'm saying, Like, it's not the forefront in the hood. It's not in the forefront in our culture, in our community to want to take care of yourself.
Speaker 2: You know. Uh, you know people telling.
Speaker 1: Me I'm looking younger and you were great, No, you know, I lost the way, Like that's all good. But it's actually a lifestyle, Like it's actually something like this morning, we planned on running at five o'clock in the morning, but I had landed at two thirty because Newark Airport is messed up real it's dangerous, So we didn't get to I didn't get to sleep till like three fifteen, and I didn't want to do that to you, or to the breakfast club and be here like half assed. So I had to get that little two hours worth of sleep.
Speaker 2: And but I came here.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm on the health kick, but it's not really a kick, It's it's really a lifestyle something that I enjoy being. Like, I realized that I'm a person that likes Brussels Sprouse if I'm not on the diet, I realized I like string being.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what's crazy.
Speaker 3: The biggest myth growing up as kids was we thought Brussel Sprous was supposed to be nasty, that ships smack.
Speaker 2: This is great, holy.
Speaker 1: Sauce on, Oh my gosh, fantastic, fucking incredible. Yeah, so so I like it, Like you know, we we literally went all over, Like I went to uh not for my what was it not? Not Tampa? Tampa was burd Christ Naples, Naples. So you know, I check it into the hotel in Naples, right.
Speaker 3: For people who don't know, Naples is like where all the retired Jews live, Like it's super fucking nice.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: It's very up. That's where all the rich people retire from New York. And like, well, we.
Speaker 1: Went there to run a race, and you know, I check in, go to the ball are and the guy just he's just asking me. I camped him in his watch he calmed him in his minds, and then he says something a little funny, and I had to let him know. I was like, yeah, I just wear that to swim. Yeah, that's my that's my swimming watch. This is this is your main this is my swimming and watch swim this, and and I realized like he was trying to play me, so I tre so. Then he's seeing people coming up to me and taking pictures. So he started to wonder, like, who the fuck are you? And I was like, you know, I just so I want to throw them off. I was like, I'm just here to run. And he said, so you you came here to run. And I realized how much sense you don't make to a person who's a non runner.
Speaker 3: So you checked into a hotel and they obviously live in Miami Naples is what hour away hours and change, right, So.
Speaker 2: You went there just for the purpose of I'm gonna run in ok in the morning. In the morning was a race.
Speaker 1: It was, but it doesn't make sense to anybody because it's like people in this world to make money. I'm actually paying money to join the race.
Speaker 3: It's like I'm paying to run, I'm.
Speaker 2: Getting the car service.
Speaker 1: If it's a car service of it's flights, hotels, all that, hotels, all that, and it's something that this is my hobby.
Speaker 2: Now, this is my version run champs. This is your version of golf. I like, you know what I'm saying, Like it is therapeutic.
Speaker 1: It is like I mean, like right now, I know I'm gonna sound crazy, but the fact that I didn't run it stays on my mind, like every five minutes. You didn't run today, You're not You're not as good as you can be. You know what I'm saying. And that's that's That's a great attitude for me to have in my.
Speaker 2: Lot of years. It's great.
Speaker 1: But now I'm thinking about you know, I'm going to Na's new restaurant, Coco Deck. What's it called Coco Deck, and I'm gonna get me some sockey. Hey.
Speaker 2: Want to give a shout out to our newest sponsor.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't like to vape unless it is pure solventless rosin. I want to give a shout out to brokencannabis dot com. Go give them a follow. It's nothing but that good gas. Check them out at your local dispensary. Brokencannabis dot Com to allude to them. Let's get back to the interview.
Speaker 2: Do you pay attention?
Speaker 3: They say that you and I are to the greatest interrupters in podcast history.
Speaker 2: Everybody always like yo, like Kevin just won't stop interrupting, motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Interruption is greatness.
Speaker 2: Interrupts. Let's make it, teach. Do you see the comment? Let's make it.
Speaker 1: I see the comments. I see the comments. In my case, a lot of times I protect artists. I'm an artist artist. Like if I have a certain artist, I know what they're about to say. I know they're about to shoot on my friend.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Hey man, hey, before you say that, you remember when I've seen you in such and such, and then you start thinking about that, like I have great relationships so and I am one of those guys that they held hold accountable. If someone I fucking uh Brett Kreschner comes on my show, Bert Kreischer, he knows.
Speaker 2: You know, he he was on there.
Speaker 1: He comes on my show and he says, funck bootleg cav any other show, bootleg keV would be like, it's okay, But the fact that me and you have a relationship, you will feel a certain way.
Speaker 2: I do not care you know that I did not. I guess it would just depends on what you said after. I'm not the best.
Speaker 1: I'm not the best under right under under like weirdness, right, I'm not the best. So and I know that, and I know that that's good. But I'm the type of person that I get blamed for that. Like if Prodigy rest In Peace was to come on my podcast and say, fuck west Side Got, I'm just sorry, rest i Got just the first person I thought of, right, west Side Gun will be mad at me for sure instead of being mad at Prodigy because we have a certain type of relationship and that's the reason why.
Speaker 2: It happens to me, like.
Speaker 3: That, what situation did you first learn that Lessony Kanye? Yeah, because you took the interview down. Yeah, but no, I first learned that Lesson.
Speaker 1: Was bang bang, I'm at a party, Puffer's dead partyer and like mid party, just turns around and says, how you gonna let that bitch this me on your record?
Speaker 2: And I was like, I was like, I thought you didn't care.
Speaker 1: He's like it doesn't matter, get money, and he.
Speaker 2: Just kept partying, and I was like, oh shit.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh shit, Like you know what I mean, he's about to go back home and that gets some fucking comrade on his nipples.
Speaker 2: He didn't care.
Speaker 1: He didn't care. He was like, it doesn't matter. Get money word And it was like, so, but I didn't know that having a person on your record is a co sign. Like if I have you on the record and you dis Messa.
Speaker 2: It is a form of a co sign. It's a form of a coast sign.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that because if we're good, you should either. Then Messa has his choice to be mad at me too, right, because because I was supposed to call Messa and say, yo, mess.
Speaker 2: Out this is That's what I actually did with Diddy. I told him.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, Foxy. I couldn't stop her. I was trying to do it with Little Kim, but I could never get to Little Kill. But so now I know that. Now I know that if I have you on on my show and you just Tom SEVERAGRAI so go you see, no, you know you know I'm doing this.
Speaker 2: I'm doing this. I gotta call Tom and be like Tom, That's what I'll do a lot of times.
Speaker 3: If somebody says anything about another artist, and if I have any relationship with them. I have to give them the heads up. Hey, something was said about you on the show. I don't want you to be called a guard by it. I didn't I didn't try to stir it up. It just happened. This but but, but, but you know what you just said is a perfect example of why you know, I kind of understood why push a T was going, Travis, because I get it if you play the record and you come and play me the album and then it comes out.
Speaker 1: A few weeks later, and then as Drake on there, this is me.
Speaker 3: You can't this is for real, this is a god like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's just I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you a funny thing when we had on the show, first time I ever heard push your T raise his voice m M, and I said to push your tea or Drake? He said, both, Man, push your I don't know if I'm supposed to say this. Push I'm sorry, man, but I'm in the zone right now. But push your Call.
Speaker 2: Me like, how the fuck is our boy doing this?
Speaker 1: How's he doing that?
Speaker 2: How does he fucking he says? Both of us. Drake wouldn't have pick both of us. Drake would have picked.
Speaker 1: Him, and I'm like, pushing, this is the one time I'm shotting the fuck up. I'm gonna let you vent because I have no you know, but it's real. That's I say that to say, that's how much of all a human par all is? You know what I'm saying, Like, good guy, he's a human guy. Like he told me for years, he was like, no, we don't do no crime in front of me. I was like, who the fuck thinks like that? I'm not doing no crime for he said, I'm gonna tell like you don't want to.
Speaker 2: I think that's my favorite interview you guys ever, did you don't want to take a nah leader from him?
Speaker 1: L after that, like a minute, like he literally told me that from the beginning and our very first time I ever encountered with for real, he sung me the whole bloody money. Really he knew it word for word. And then as soon as he finished, he said, but I don't have a thug bone in my body. And I gave him a hug and I respected that, and I never expected any thug shit to come from him, yo.
Speaker 2: And I'm comfortable with that. Do you still have any sort of relationship with ya.
Speaker 1: I have have no to the short story, no, but I want.
Speaker 3: To do all time great interview. I think it's one of the greatest interviews of all time.
Speaker 1: Want to be honest with you, weirdest two years of my life. For two years, it was like a weird relationship we had. I don't want to call it a bromance, but it was like we were together. I understood him, I thought he understood me. But what I didn't understand is I don't understand his audience. Right now, my favorite audience of people that I've interviewed is loulu Wayne.
Speaker 2: Lu Wayne has the best.
Speaker 1: He has the best, most respectful fans. Like I posted a clip of him, they would be in my dms. Excuse me, mister Norwy when is the They're nice, they're polite, they have manners.
Speaker 2: Yay fans, No Drake fans either. Drake fans are crazy.
Speaker 1: I haven't experienced Drake fans yet, but Yay fans. And you know what's the crazy part about it? After after the second interview, the first interview, I was straight after the second interview. You know who's the craziest part of Yay's fans white people, the whites, the whites that's with him, well.
Speaker 3: Because then there's like the new whites that are with him just because the should he be said And you're like, oh, you.
Speaker 1: Can't tell them friends, I just know that they and those are the ones that shooed on me. You should have took down the Ya interview. I'm like, damn, like that mean, they're mean. Yay's fans are mean.
Speaker 3: Was that ultimately your choice of revolts choice or it was my Well, it was a collective we said.
Speaker 1: We didn't want to to get to get money off of that. We didn't We didn't understand what was going on. Like I could honestly say that that was a life changing experience for me. It was again I did not know me having him on my platform makes my platform somewhat guilty or somewhat coson that even though we said prior to it, this has nothing to do with us, the views of this man is this man We said that, But.
Speaker 3: I think at the end of the day, it's like, like you're also like a journalist now, whether you know it or not. So it's like you're you're documenting like the state of mind of Kanye West at that given moment, which is important in culture, right.
Speaker 2: But I say all that to say that, you know, yeah, I love that. I'm gonna be honest. It was fun. I thought it was hilarious. The man is a genius.
Speaker 1: And I feel like I saw it in your face what the ship was going on. You were just like, oh, this ship's.
Speaker 2: About to go. Yeah I did, I did. I did.
Speaker 1: And to tell you, I won't tell you who, but the people who control the algorithms called me and said, you're beating football. Like our numbers was going so crazy. We were beating Sunday night football. Remember we dropped it Sunday.
Speaker 2: Dropped it was on a road trip when you dropped it. It was Sunday we dropped it.
Speaker 1: I remember he recorded it Saturday night and I he just was like, let's drop it tomorrow. And I was like, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I did not look at editing. I did not look at it was just one part I took out.
Speaker 1: I took out the Martin Luther King thing when he spoke about George Floyd.
Speaker 2: And but you know it was it was a life teaching lesson.
Speaker 1: And I now know that I have somewhat of a responsibility, you know what I mean? And sometimes I don't. Sometimes I don't. It's like with Kodak Black. Like Kodak Black was almost as controversy. Right he came up, he stood up. I never see the niggas just stand up, so I didn't want to be like sit down, so he was just standing up. And I'm looking, by the way, I love Kodak Black. That's that's like he's he doesn't know how to act.
Speaker 2: That's him.
Speaker 1: If you've ever been to Promeno, you ever been to Promenad, That's that's how that these people act. That's that they're crazy out there. So Kodak we see the a lot of slack.
Speaker 3: Was it was the slack because he's obviously like dealing with some abuse of substances. And obviously when you bring somebody who's maybe going through that on a drink Champ show and you're like, yo, let's get sucked up. You do you understand? But these are also adults. We're talking about grown ups here. So that's the other thing.
Speaker 1: DMX is is one of my closest friends, not Rapps friend friends, closest friend. Our second episode was with DMX. I remember that's the first time we written number one, The first time I've ever had like a clash for rough riders, like they hated that interview, like and little do you know, Like, I'm just learning how to I don't think I've ever told this story.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell him. I I'm learning how to be a podcast. I know.
Speaker 1: I got an advantage because I have a relationship. I'm a rapper, right and DMX is my friend. So mister Lee tells me, Yo, DMX is at the a loft. He said, come check them. So I'm like, all right, come check him. So I'm coming there to say, Yo, can you do my podcast? So I said podcast? And he's like, I don't want to go to the park. You know a part in jail.
Speaker 2: He's like, what the part.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, no, no, no, no, it's a podcast. Like no one knows what the podcast is.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So as I'm about to ask DMX, it can ask mister Lee. I'm about to ask them can you do my show? His cousin calls, so one of his boys go, Hey, this is your cousin on the phone.
Speaker 2: What what up?
Speaker 1: He goes, hey, aks man Because as volume is real, real loud, so I can hear the cousin even.
Speaker 2: If he has here.
Speaker 1: He goes, you know, can you go to ninety nine jams and me It's like, joh, what was that. It's like the radio station, you know where college works out. I don't do interviews. It hangs up. Meanwhile, I'm about to ask him to do an interview, so I'm like, hey, She's like, what up, what's going on? You smoke a cigarette?
Speaker 2: I think I was smoking a cigarette at the time.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, I smoking a cigaretteorybe I just wanted to smoke because the DMS was smoking.
Speaker 2: He's like all right, cool, and I'm like, okay, you can you can you do my show?
Speaker 1: I don't do shows. I'm like, it's not a show though, it's a conversation.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be building.
Speaker 1: She's like, all right, cool, come back at our.
Speaker 2: All right cool. Episode two.
Speaker 1: We we leave to go get the equipment. We come back exits full fledged.
Speaker 2: Bent Jesus off. Yeah, he was so well ship. Yeah when we left. By the time you get back gets over already.
Speaker 1: The whole Hennessy By the way, it was two hendesities like this. I come back, they gone, But it doesn't hit me that they drank this shit. I'm just like, I'm so focused on trying to make this happen. So if you look at that episode, that's in the middle of the A loft lobby. I couldn't get DMX to go upstairs.
Speaker 2: So you guys shot that episode in the A loft lobby, the A loft lobby. Yo.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine you're going to checking to your fucking hotel and DMX and knowing you're having a fucking podcast in the lobby.
Speaker 2: And smoking in the lobby A loft didn't care, Yo.
Speaker 1: They were like they was DMS had like sixteen rooms there like at the time. So I don't know if you remember that episode he starts to cry. Yeah, and then that night I went with him to a show and he cried. He was crying like this this whole night. He was one of the emotional times. And this is like kind of like at the time where people weren't accepting that, you know what I mean, Like people were just finding out that he was going through something, right. I remember getting the car. I can't say who, because I don't know if I had to say this. They was like, yo, man, you got our brother looking bad. And I remember calling X and I was like, yo, you know, like were you cool with this. He's like, man, we had fun dog and it's like me, X, we always had this crazy relationship. Like I met X in river Park Towers. Do you ever heard of River Park Towers? River Park Towers is the worst part is they say it's the worst part of New York City. I was in river Park Towers one night and they.
Speaker 2: Threw refrigerator off the roof.
Speaker 1: Do you know how that sounds?
Speaker 2: Not a mini fridge, you know, a fridge of fight.
Speaker 1: You hear the air going in and out of the doors are probably swinging boom like you think of earthquake, and no one's flinching. They're used to this. Oh man, man, I'm there one night with Homie and DMX pulls up with his lawyer and a drop top with six dogs in it, and the lawyer is just getting licked all over his face. The lawyer does not want to be here. The lawyer is getting licked. I'm looking and I'm like, X, what are you doing here? He's like, what are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Mom? I'm like, we're both out of line? What were you doing? I was with my man six.
Speaker 1: He was banned from Latin Quarters and all of us, we were all banned from order clubs in New York City, but he was in particularly bad from Latin Quarters. That was the only place that we were able to go to. So after the end of the night, I just went to go see him and that's what happened. But DMX was there. DMX he had never let that story live down. He will always say, you'll nor be in places where rappers don't and it was by default.
Speaker 3: Nor what is your The evolution of the space, the media space is obviously turned a lot to Uh, the streamers are getting a lot of Yeah, I like the streamers, Yeah, I like I love Kai, But you know, I was I had a conversation with Simba.
Speaker 2: I think we're talking. I was talking with Symbol Symbol from the Bay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we were talking about you know, a lot of these streamers have said some pretty fucked up ship. They're obviously not hip hop fans, but they're but they get access to these artists, and I always say, well, like, it ain't their fault that artists are validating their platforms, Like you know what I'm saying, Like, if someone goes on Aiden Ross, it's validating his ship. So but I'm just curious, what is your thoughts just on this evolution of the space and.
Speaker 1: One overall, I love, I love, I love seeing workspaces being created.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure because for every you know, it's a new stream of revenue.
Speaker 1: Yes, And for every streamer they have their friends that they put on, Like I love the fact that I've seen Coss now I've never met him.
Speaker 2: Before, nobody's put on so many people. Yeah, I've seen.
Speaker 1: Them say the bet Awar was like, if you guys, don't let my friend and then you guys, I'm lead, I'm leaving.
Speaker 2: I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: And people people often think that that's like, you know, like artists showing their muscles, but it's actually it's actually comfortability somewhat thing like if we were all broke together, if we were all had nothing, and and and now I'm at a certain spot, I can't. I can't go to mister Child's and tell my friend the way outside. You know what I'm saying, I can't these stream beings. He has to take some of these stream beings to you know what I'm saying, you gotta and and so that's what I love about the streaming. Now, now you see an elder artist getting into streaming and they're not doing it.
Speaker 2: The right way.
Speaker 1: I think that these kids. I think this is the kids game. Yes, Like so if I was the stream, I would have my son's stream and I would be up on, but it wouldn't be my stream because like when I see elder artists and I'm not gonna say their names. You noticed it onst listen all my scenes and loving hip hop is I love, But you can just tell like he's just doing it to do stern ship and he's bringing up ship, which.
Speaker 2: I prefer by the way, I love him and Amber as well on ray J Amber when.
Speaker 3: She just said she'd let him eat eating with that part, come on, they're fishing for clip I love, I love.
Speaker 1: But that's the part when when ray j is streaming and he says about Suka Yano, he says that sexually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like you're just you're just fishing for So that's to me, that's not what's streaming. They're called clip farming to me.
Speaker 1: To me, the reason why streaming is successful is because these guys are actually staying six hours, six seven hours, and they staying in the same room, they're gaming, they're they're so that's to me not clipbait. Yeah yeah, clip click do that on your show, Go Come comes down to drink. Champions Network' gonna get you a chain, you know what I'm saying. And we're gonna get you do that on your own show, because I think that you're you're you're you're taking away from the streamers when you're doing you're not doing it out there doing it makes them saying like if you're going to do it, like I would have my son study cos and not see how they're doing it. See what would apartment go good to Airbnb like his ship? Like you know what I'm saying, like like like follow the rules of of of of of of the path.
Speaker 3: What has been the interview that has for whatever reason, uh just not happened. That's that the people want that you want. It's just for whatever reason, it just hasn't come together.
Speaker 1: Well, we did jay Z without the cameras, right, jay Z on camera?
Speaker 2: That's different, right, you know.
Speaker 1: Jay Z and Drake will be by It's it.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's Yeah, I feel like I feel like that's the other thing that kind of I think as somebody who's like Yo.
Speaker 2: Drake Man go on go on Dream Champs, going.
Speaker 3: Like, you don't have to go little fucking Canadian white boys sit with fucking literally and like, man, I'm Drake fan.
Speaker 2: You're not You're not an unsafe space. You're not gonna trying to fuck it.
Speaker 1: I'm pro artist. I'm pro artists the first time. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Just I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not pitching hoochs, but I'm gonna just be honest. The first time I met Drake, he came up to me and said, Yo, the reason why I wear camouflage is because the war report. And I was like what And I was like what, and then I was like yeah, yeah, And then he did he curve me. I was like, yeah, man, I want to get a joint with you. He's like, yeah, just hit bird Man. I was like, I know, I know that hit bird Man and he had no idea bird Man lifted my block.
Speaker 2: At that hit Birdman pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah basically, yeah, yeah, basically, but I thought it was funny. And this is when he was verse getting in the game, so he didn't know that I knew what he was doing. But I'm pretty much I know curve society. Yeah, I majored in it. Jada Kiss Majors in Curved society. If you want Jada Kiss, he by the way, so reliable. But then when Jada get.
Speaker 3: On this ship Curve Nathaniel, I somehow I tried to do my own version of Curver. I try to do my own version of a DJ Khaled record, and I had Jada Kiss on it, and I somehow got him to hang out in the hood of South Side Phoenix and shoot a music video for me.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, he's he's ninety percent.
Speaker 3: And I realized, like afterwards, oh, that was a feat that I pulled off because since then, I've tried to put money in Jada Kiss's pocket and I'm like, dog, I'm trying to book you up my fucking club.
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's an organic guy, he's and I respect it. Like if it's like I I like like, I like NAS is the best. I agree, like, like it's about Curve.
Speaker 3: Oh the super cur I mean to me, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean that's that's my But like NAS is my bucket list interview.
Speaker 2: I don't think it will ever happen.
Speaker 3: But you know, oh no, no, no, about life, like just in general, how to move with life, Like NAS has always been a Genie.
Speaker 1: He feels that way, you know what, you know what I mean, Like he'll come, you can see him Monday, but then he just disappears, bro like like he appears on Thurs. Like it's just it's just who he is, you know what I mean. And I just love that ship. It's like it's like he has never let the Internet take over him, now you know what I'm saying, Like you know, like literally literally the other day, bro, I see one of I was talking to one of my friends and we had nothing to talk about, you know what. His whole life was on Instagram. He's like, yeah, I went to Great Adventures, I saw I was. I went to the felt like I was there with you. I went to the Louis Store for Yeah, I saw you put burpost. Yeah you showed me the waffles.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Like like like you put your whole life on Instagram that I actually have nothing to talk to you about in personal Nas does not do that.
Speaker 2: Hata don't do that. So that's the reason why you know what I mean, I do feel like too, like quietly like what Master appeals doing. Oh that's dope. It's special tough Like the single with Nas the.
Speaker 1: Movie got a movie Victory, They got the ray kwont the ray Koron of documentary Ghost.
Speaker 2: They're doing so much. Supreme Clientele too. Is a Supreme hotel too?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Massive pill is doing real And then they got the queens get the paper.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, they invited me the day of Come on, Peter, give me a little better than that. Now.
Speaker 2: I think it's been dope. I think it's been dope to see uh.
Speaker 3: Just I mean, I feel like all the ship, I feel like people don't understand, like the investment.
Speaker 2: I feel like Nas invested in ring cameras. I think that sounds Yeah, it's just true.
Speaker 1: Yea. And we about to go to his restaurant right now, what is it? Coco deck is and any of the waffle spot in l A. You know he got two three of them in New York. You got three of them.
Speaker 2: He's he's he's heavy investor.
Speaker 3: He's also not he doesn't brand it outwardly like I feel like when we think a hole like it was purposely like early on in the whole ship, like he was trying to run with like Russell, and I feel.
Speaker 1: Like Na's just in it.
Speaker 2: Like you said, he's an introvert.
Speaker 1: Yes, naturally. You know he just opened up uh coate, not coc with, not coke, with that quit and and uh in Manhattan and he had Brad Pitt with him. And to me, that's like, that's the level he's supposed to be at. He's not supposed to be arguing about him who's better in another MC. He's supposed to be arguing about who do I invite Brad Pitt or Angelie Joe Lee because they got beef.
Speaker 2: That's what I.
Speaker 1: Want to be in life. I want to I want to I want to do I invite Denzel, Tom Brady. You know what I'm saying is what I want to do. Like I see you getting there. Se. I've seen Gilly. I've seen Gilly and and and and Willow who you know. I know Gilly his whole career, and I've seen him meet Tom Brady and the other day and Brady knew exactly. The made me so happy. I was so happy because you know what, let me just tell you something. Gilly was supposed to be a star back then.
Speaker 2: He was one.
Speaker 1: He was one hit away from being a star. He could have been a bitter guy. He could have been the guy that, but instead he jumped in the podcast space where people can't blackball him. If that's true or not. He said that he was being black ball but people can't black boy and he's having fun, and he's having fun in his forties, running around, racing people, just playing ball. I still think I bust his ass, but he definitely.
Speaker 2: Can't with me. No no, no no, let me let him have it. Let me let him have it. He can have the basketball, but but.
Speaker 1: Me seeing that, me seeing that him get to the success that he's at and he can still be fans like I love that. We should never stop being fans. Like I tell that to nows all the time. I say yo, man, and Buster rhymes and I say yo, Just because I get to call you when I could I could call you, That doesn't mean that takes away from illmatic for me. That doesn't mean it takes away from everything. Like Buster basically taught me how to perform right, Like you know what I'm saying. This is certain things. So it's like I want to be at that level. I want to keep going.
Speaker 2: I want to. I want to. I want to, I want to. I want to go to that grown level.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't. I don't want to. I don't want to do I don't want to do what's popular. I want to do what makes me comfortable. I want to you know what I'm saying, I want to.
Speaker 2: Do like that, And that's that's that's that's that's, that's what it is. Hey, you gotta stop the interview. You want to get a shout out. Man. The only thing we smoke, ladies and gentlemen is slap woods. That's right.
Speaker 3: Make sure you follow them at slap woods. And you know the reason why we smoked flat woods. It's literally because they slap You can't smoke a slap woos. What the fuck are you doing? Get back to you.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: At this point in time, have you made more money podcasting or from your career because you have platinum records and you were in it when the money was stupid.
Speaker 1: It's really hard to say. I always get asked that question, but I can tell you this, there's nothing like being the platinum artist. I'm being honest with you. Look at a person who they first go platinum and look at that spot.
Speaker 2: It's different, right. I listen to me, I.
Speaker 1: Promise you if I could get another hit, record, I can. I can show you how to talk for two year. That's that was my bread and butter was torn right. So being a platinum artist traveling and see this is the reason why it's difficult for me to answer that question because at one point.
Speaker 2: I was going from.
Speaker 1: Copona Noriega's show at six pm, drive to the other side through a reggae th Norri show, and then at night do a solo Norri homeboy, I came to party show.
Speaker 2: What the fuck I said? At one point I was doing that. You were like the DJ Camillo of rappers. Just think about it. Just think about it.
Speaker 1: If I'm in Germany, I can do an hour in du Zudorff. As long as I'm not performing in that city, that contract is still Valley, and I can go to Berlin. I can drive to Berlin, and then from Berlin, I can.
Speaker 2: Drive to Frankfort. Get it Get run it up. Norriy has a different audience thin Copponent or yet Yeah, and that's different than the reggae.
Speaker 1: It's different than the reggaet All I gotta do is add Big Beto with me, or asked Daddy Yank and somebody to come out and we have. I can actually do three shows a night if I wanted to. It's exhausting, and at one point I had to do it. But so if you ask me what makes more, now, podcasting is the easier money. Why Because I can look and I can say what kind of watches that it's just an Apple watch. I can say the Apple. I can say Apple, I got Bootleg Kevin on my show this week. His algorithm is this, and Apple can say, all right, cool, we'll give you these ads for such and such. So now I don't get get no callouses.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: It's not a long conversation. It's so it's an easier process as opposed to I gotta deal with scumbag promoters. Every promoter is a scumbag. I mean like, oh God, you have a dealt with the promoter.
Speaker 2: Ye, I mean they're gonna come up with every excuse possible.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try to because of the game is to get over on you. They have to make money, they have to pay you, and then they have to make money off of you.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to hit you with your own game before we leave. You're either or let's go all right, let's go with big pun or d m X.
Speaker 1: I'll take a shot, but I'm gonna go Big Pun more.
Speaker 2: Because I had a longer friendship.
Speaker 1: Friendship with Big Pun me and X. Relationship was great in the beginning, in the middle we lost, and then at the end it was it was I was with the m X every day before he died. And then remember he went to Atlanta. He had left Miami. He went to Atlanta. He shot the video with Benning the Butcher, which he never even met, Benning the Butcher. I introduced him to being the butcher. Benning the Busher will tell you this. So that Billy's stone Craft. That was our meeting in the parking lot. We had meetings every day. But I went to Atlanta and then he went to New York and then that he passed away.
Speaker 2: But Pharrell or Capone, Yeah, I'm taking a shot for that. Yeah. So so farm two for I got two good ones so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I would actually lean more towards Copone because of the same reason. Yeah, the same reason like we got yes, came in the game together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a lot more. But for us up there with me j Z or not. I gotta go now because.
Speaker 1: The queens, you know, what I'm saying, but in the any given day, it would be both. You know what I'm saying, but I mean now, it's the reason why I'm rapping like Illmatic when I when I I was about to say when I saw Illmatic, because that's how I saw Almatic.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear Illmatic.
Speaker 1: I saw Illmatic like I just when I heard that album. I knew those Queensbridge blocks. I knew the pissy elevator he was talking about. I knew the project window he was talking about. I knew the garbage can that he talked about. I knew the crackhare that he said that the bottle could have struck the lottle.
Speaker 2: I knew that guy. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: So that's the reason why I would have to go that is because he wrote an album for me, even though he didn't write the album, but it was for you that it was for me. I claim it to this day, Like he like, when you around him, I bring up a Matic, He'll turn his head and I'll be like, I don't care. That album changed my life, Like that album means more than me than anything. And then I became a.
Speaker 3: Rapper podcast edition Then okay, let's go millions of dollars worth of game or Joe Way or your buddy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take a shot for that. I'm gonna take a shot for that. I love them both, and I love when they beefing too. I love it, like I'm gonna be honest, because because we're getting too much money to really be beefing, right, So they're not beefing. So if you see me and dollar worth of a game beefing with Joe, they're not beefing. They're doing what we're supposed to do. We're being competitive. But I remember Gilly because I told her Gilly. I didn't tell it to Wallow and Gilly was like, oh man, because we really didn't know what we were doing in the beginning. So we had Gilly with Shaggy. It wasn't me ship don't even go together, right, all of your faces look like what like? We had Gilly with Shaggy on the podcast and Gilly was like, yo, you don't put out the weed and I was like, nah, it's like you really drink. And I'm like, yeah, so you just be you and I was just like, yeah, I would like to think that I was one of he says it he says, me and tax Stone. He says that me and tax Stone is the reason why, uh they got into podcast space. And I love that because, you know, I feel like Gilly listened to me. I feel like Math Hafa listened to me. I'm saying math, Math is doing phenomenal. He's independent like Math, like a lot of people don't. And he sees ship when he had Fat Joe on the thing, but he's independent like and that ship is hard.
Speaker 2: Like. Let me just tell you something.
Speaker 1: I've been independent and I've been major, and I tell you I like Major more than I like independent.
Speaker 2: You gotta do everything yourself.
Speaker 1: You you might, you make him, you make him, make it more independently. Eventually you get higher per percentage.
Speaker 2: But I like the four seasons. I'm not a Motel six dude.
Speaker 1: I'm a Saint Regis guy. I am not a first It's amazing, but that's not what I want. I want caviar.
Speaker 3: I get it, and you do drink expensive liquor. You gave me a shot of some ship when we were in Tampa, and it's like Japanese.
Speaker 2: Whiskey Yamazaki eighteen.
Speaker 1: That's that's just that's jay Z's favorite drink Yamazaki eighteen one.
Speaker 2: It's two fifty a shot. DJ Vladder Elliott Wilson, that's a good one. I just pulled that out of my ass, by the way.
Speaker 1: You know, funny ironically enough, go DJ Black explain. I like DJ Black, I always did. I just think that he's he's a he's a stubborn guy.
Speaker 2: He is, for sure, he's a stubborn guy.
Speaker 1: But he when he believes in his morals. And I like the fact that me and him, like we had our little ship and he admitted it, like he admitted like his far.
Speaker 3: I like that, like whether you like him, whether you like him or not, he's an absolute pioneer.
Speaker 1: Yes, And that's that's a man to me. And then he came to see me by himself. You know, he usually with security, and he came to see me by hisself. He went to Autaro, sat there, drank all night, just boss. And it was like to me, that's a man. Like if you everything I'm gonna do is not gonna please you. For sure, you can't please everybody. I'm not gonna please me. But the fact is, if you thought I was offended of something off I offended or something and I said, Okay, you know what, I didn't mean that.
Speaker 2: That's not That's not how I meant it.
Speaker 1: So you know, can we move on and then we move on and then it's admirably in this and everything I got. You gotta like you gotta respect that, you know what I'm saying, Like, I love the fact that he brought Lord Jamal back on.
Speaker 2: Shout to Lord Jamar. He has team Jordan's we gotta we gotta fix that.
Speaker 1: That was He's got the Mexican Jays. Look he had, he had the hectors, he had the hectors on. Yes, Lord Jamore, listen, I would not come at you. You know, I love you, Lorjamoon. If I had your number, I would have texted Jordan's you had you had Jordan's that Jordans wouldn't wear like not even the baby Jordan when we were at come on Logamo. But that's my man. And I love the fact that they both of them, they had a great relationship and they had great content together.
Speaker 2: So I love that, man.
Speaker 1: I love hip hop growing. I love this ship like you know what I'm saying, Like, I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love like, you know, we can make mistakes and move on last one. Newer shows.
Speaker 3: Okay, it is what it is, Cameron and Mace versus Joe and Jada's show. Now, I want you to dispel your relationships with either of them. Which show have you enjoyed the most?
Speaker 1: I gotta go with it.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 1: I see Joe and Jada's show every day in real life. You're like, Yeah, this is just what we do in the car, right, this is this is just he had fucking Makoto's right with Joe. And I'm talking about me, me and Joe and it could be eight ladies. He still has the same story. Kill everybody, chill Joe. Let's let's have some soup. Brother, you know what I'm saying. But so and I, me and Cam supposed the other day I posted a picture Cam is being him as well. The gam and Mace dynamic is special. And think about it is he was smart enough to say, let me let Mace be Mace. Everyone knews new Cam's personality, everyone knew that he had like it. It's dope personalities and hip hop. Right when you think of it, it's fat Joe, it's uh Nori, it's camra on his trick.
Speaker 2: Daddy boozy.
Speaker 1: What's boozy part of Webby Webb? You need a forgoddamn podcast, have Webb? I'm looking for I've been looking for you high love. I know I can't fie. Booty's booty gonna say give me?
Speaker 2: He gonna want to stamp. I feel like I feel like I paid books.
Speaker 1: He didn't even pay them, like because he just but Webby, Uh yeah, he deserved a podcast, all right. So look man, but I gotta go with let me because those those are the the personalities. But here's what I did though. I forgot how funny Mace was hilarious. I forgot totally because Mace was always kind of like the pretty boy, and you forget about the skits that he had on the album where he was making fun. He was showing you his personality. But when you got to see them actually performed. Because when when you're doing a podcast, you're doing a show. I don't give a fuck what you're thinking. You're not just talking, we're performing. If you're a hip hop artist, you're a natural performer. That's why when you talk and you see somebody that comes to your show, they always look at the crowd.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying to you is important. But what I'm saying to them, are they catching? It's a natural person that performs when you get to see Cam and Jada performed. I mean Cam and Mace perform when they're sitting there, even down to the popcorn, even down to the suits, because they're mocking when why didn't wearing suits?
Speaker 2: They're mocking the.
Speaker 1: Sports guys and they're saying, look, I'm looking better than y'all and I'm doing.
Speaker 2: It hip hop and I own this ship.
Speaker 1: And I own this ship. That to me, I can't I can't compare nothing to that. And you can see the set like you can actually you can actually see the budget come in on the set. I don't know if you know, like when they first had the budget, look good.
Speaker 2: Oh the ship they're doing in Vegas right now.
Speaker 1: But then you can tell when the budget came in, the cameras got brighter.
Speaker 2: That a show. I love that.
Speaker 1: So I so you said no no relationship involved?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: That is that is? That is the show. And the fact is we a lot of people don't even understand. They're not even are They're not even anybody's competition.
Speaker 2: There's nobody else who's doing what they're doing. They're in sports. They're doing a They're not they.
Speaker 1: Don't even come up on the hip hop They are a sports wow. Yeah, So like anybody mad at them, you're actually an idiot.
Speaker 2: I just don't understand anybody who's mad at anybody.
Speaker 1: But now Jada and Joe's show at first was being called a sports show, and I was like, yo, y'all, lose, y'all, y'all little fat at first. But now they talk about other ship. But it was a little foul at first.
Speaker 2: The network is live Go support man.
Speaker 1: Bleak Yes, and we got Angela Simmons wrapping up. She also did run Chaps. We got the Healthy Champs show. I'm doing New York City Marathon.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there a Smoke Champs you were gonna do we have smoke chants.
Speaker 1: No, we have smoke chan No, well, currency and.
Speaker 3: You were gonna do one I know, currency and someone else currency and smoke smoke.
Speaker 1: It was gonna be they still they still could do it, but we have Smoked Champs as well. And right right now, like I said, we're just getting our stuff together because right now hip hop hip hop media will be hip hop, meaning like I thought about it right, Charlotamagne hit me or Envy hit me and say, hey, you know I'm gonna come up there. I'm gonna come up there a day earlier, and easily I could just hit one of my friends, Bootleg Cab. Are you in town? No, no, no, I'm gonna come fly and see you say I'm going to New York. I'm going to New York tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Let's go look at that.
Speaker 1: This is my friends, right, I'm leaving here, I'm going to Cocoa Deck. Then I'm going to see Joe Bidden, right, like, I can control this ship at any point that I want through my relationships.
Speaker 2: Do this do my friends? Like for people? Because right now drink chances.
Speaker 1: We have a built in audience, right, so no matter what, it's gonna do these numbers.
Speaker 2: But now I do Bootleg Kev's show, Pickup, you pick up, So we have audiences.
Speaker 1: Right now, hip hop is going to finally control hip hop. Like I was saying earlier, I don't know if I say a hill, if I said over there, like I can actually see the algorithms of where you belong. You know you used to go to Scottsdale, Arizona, and used to go there, and it's.
Speaker 2: Before people show up to your show, and you know three.
Speaker 1: Of them, it's because you don't belong there. The algorithm shows you that you just didn't look at it. Right now, we can see that, and I can see Bootleg keV you you you. They like you in Tampa, go back, they like you in Jacksonville, go back. Oh, but they don't funk with you in Milwaukee, stay away, Stay away, Utah.
Speaker 2: Nobody want to go to a bailey.
Speaker 3: Don't want to go Utah, Denver, don't go like you can look and see that.
Speaker 2: That's that's That's where I'm at in life, having fun.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, man, I appreciate your time, bro. The Yeah, congrats on everything. Bro, it's been dope to watch everything.
Speaker 2: Just you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're you're one of the standards. You're one of the one of the one of the guys.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: And by the way, let me just tell you something. I'll watch you all the time. I got the acts. Yeah, your most viral clip, big Boogie, the college guy, the five million for College Oh my god. All right, all right, all right, this is me asking as a pure fan. Yeah, I've never met the guy.
Speaker 2: I like him.
Speaker 1: I like his music. Yeah, never met him, never seen him in person. This is nothing against him. I'm listening, nothing against that. What was that phone call like after that went viral? Did he call you so.
Speaker 2: To be? I didn't think he understood the question or did he?
Speaker 3: I will say this because I'm real tight with Brittany from CMG. So the interview comes out and it starts to go up and I get a call essentially asking if I can remove it, and I'm like, well, it's already.
Speaker 2: Kind of too late.
Speaker 3: And you know, at this point, I'm DM and him back and forth like we're laughing about it because it had really like started to go super viral like six months after the interview.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't immediately.
Speaker 3: There was a moment initially, but then it like went absolutely batshit crazy on Twitter, and so him and I am like, bro, do you see this fucking tweet? This tweet's got like fucking eight million views. So I'm dming.
Speaker 2: I'm like, bro, you gotta spin the block. We gotta. So it wasn't back. The call that was interesting was I had EStG walk out.
Speaker 3: Okay, so EStG same camp CMG, and I you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know how much you guys do with like label reps and ship.
Speaker 3: But as soon as that, as soon as the EStG leaves the interview, I look at my cake, my guy, I said, upload that motherfucker and make it live, right, I said, because I already know what's gonna happen. The labe's gonna leave, They're gonna call hey, just make sure let's be clear we're not dropping that. So as soon is he, I said, yo, put that bitch on YouTube right the fuck now, because I already knew.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this motherfucker wasted my fucking afternoon.
Speaker 3: He was two hours late fucking his a dickhead, like, I'm gonna at least go viral with this.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That was more of a call than the big boogie shit I think was. It felt innocent and funny, and you know, listen, he's got some big records.
Speaker 2: I get stopped. You know, I did an NBA Young Boy interview.
Speaker 3: That for a while, like every like seventeen year old like black kid in the world would stop me and be like.
Speaker 2: You you were at you were at Grave Digger Mountain. It doesn't matter what demographic of human being. I get stopped three four times a day.
Speaker 3: He turned it down, and so it's like, obviously he looked, he looked goofy.
Speaker 2: He was lying.
Speaker 3: But it also to me, it was like it was funny. People people probably say that shit to him. I can't imagine him being him. How many times.
Speaker 2: They tell him that shit? Yeah, they gotta call him Captain cap. Because I didn't even know about the fake jewels. No. I was like, I was like, what the fuck are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean listen shots, I mean, look, I think that I just I just was you know what was funny about it? Let me just say something.
Speaker 1: It was funny about it is you clearly was trying to give him out. Yeah, clearly, was like are you sure? Like no, no, no, are we talking about college?
Speaker 2: Gave him money.
Speaker 1: He was throwing him ali ups and he wasn't catching it.
Speaker 2: Like I would have turned it down, all right, Ship.
Speaker 3: I didn't even understand that. I knew it was crazy at the moment, but I didn't understand. I didn't clip that up myself because I try not to. If someone if someone's an ass or says some stupid shit on my show, I usually don't try to promote those clips on my own platforms Now, if someone takes it and goes crazy with it on their own, that's on them. But I'm not gonna be the one that drop the big Buggies fucking line clip. I let a Twitter page do it and run with it. That way, not gonna be like I didn't promote that clip, you know. But yeah, shots a big boogie. He's got a new record out. You got to do a new interview.
Speaker 2: We did do one.
Speaker 3: It didn't go as crazy, and he admitted he's I was lying, I was captain.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is this is this is the point I'm about him to ask, Now, was he capital?
Speaker 2: Was he exaggerating like was was? What?
Speaker 1: Did that school actually really want him? I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I have no.
Speaker 3: I made some merch though to celebrate the two year anniversary, and it sold really well. So I have it says like a big, a big college in Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta send you, but Noorry, I appreciate your brother, Yes, sir