Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour on this Monday, we'll talk to Reggie Miller and the great broadcaster Marv Albert will join us momentarily. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program US opened this week on NBC and Peacock at Shinnecock Hills Golf Club. That'll be coming up on NBC Peacock and NBC Sports Network. You can find this show on Peacock. Download the app if you haven't done so. Eight seven seven three DP show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com. Dylan, would you give us the poll results? Then we'll get to Marv Albert?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dan, We got a couple up there. Who's winning the NBA Finals next year? Spurs, Thunder, Celtics or other. I went in order of the odds Knicks fans forty five percent say other, and then Paully sent this one over last hour. I put it up, what will you remember most about this NBA Final series? Brunson's dominance Spurs blowing leads the and U Noobi Tippin or other? Sixty one percent say the Spurs blowing.
Speaker 2: Leaves oh okay, wow, surprised at that. MVP odds for next year. According to DraftKings, it's Wemby, then Shay Gilgis, Nicola Jokic, Luka, Doncic, Jannis, Anthony Edwards, Kate Cunningham, Jason Tatum, then Jalen Brunson plus five thousand for Jalen Brunson to be MVP.
Speaker 4: Wemby is plus two hundred eight.
Speaker 2: Seven seven three DP show and we'll get to your phone calls best and worst of the weekend. He is synonymous with New York Knicks Basketball Hall of Famer broadcasting Hall of Famer as well, and he was there the longtime voice of the Knicks nineteen seventy nineteen seventy three, and we welcome back Marv Albert. How do you feel today, Marvy?
Speaker 5: Stand crazy to talk to you if I feel good? And it's filish to know that my former broadcast partner Reggie Miller is on deck waiting after me. We had so many laughs and such good times during the games, mostly for the I would say, most of the way for TNT.
Speaker 2: What do you remember about nineteen seventy nineteen seventy three with these Knicks teams.
Speaker 5: Well, I find that those I know people are saying this is the greatest Nick team of all time, but the game is so much faster, and of course there's now the three point play. But I thought that team would have to be considered number one as great as the current Knicks are. But you had Bill Bradley, Walt Frasier, Earl Monroe. In seventy three, you had just an incredible group of players, Dave de Bushard and skipping somebody. Dick Barnett was the other guard. But I thought that what they did to get the Busher was the knicks best acquisition since Jalen Brunson. The Busher was acquired for Walt Bellamy and Howard Colemars, which was an incredible trade for the Necks. Had just turned everything around, and they got Roman Roe who was available for seventy three that also was a huge trade, and eventually Jerry Lucas. But those teams were spectacular the way they moved the ball around. He had some of the greatest players of all time. And I think if they played today, you know, with the same training programs and the same type of situation, they would be outstanding. They'd be contenders also every every year, but not to take anything away from this year's team, it was just unbelievable what they did because they were actually not the same team that we saw in the regular seas. Even though they won fifty three games, they were behind Detroit and Boston and you just didn't know what you were going to get and it all came together in the playoffs. So, first of all, Mike Brown made so many excellent moves, particularly early in the series against the Spurs, using Carl Anthony Towns as more of a facilitator and was a huge part of it in terms of setting things up and being like a point center. I think Mike did a great job with.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, I go back to the seventy and seventy three teams and I know we were kind of held in the moment here creatures of the moment with Jalen Brunson's greatest nick of all time. And I always say, win another title, then we can have the conversation because I would still put Willis Reid and Walt Frasier up there.
Speaker 4: Your thoughts totally agree, Yes, no question.
Speaker 5: Could eventually. I mean Brunson has been a terrific player, clutch player when you consider his height sixty two maybe six', one how well he is has, done and there's such an unselfish. Team much of that due to the fact of the play of people Like bronson And. Heart it was The villanova, group you, know that really brought them into the kind of start and that we saw this. Season but, YEAH i would, agree you'd have to Have clyde and you'd have to Have willis in that. GROUP i would put at this point it could change in a couple of, years but at this, point, Yeah i'd Have brunson his number, three which isn't bad consider the players have been on that.
Speaker 4: Roster why did it take fifty three? Years?
Speaker 5: Mark there were some bad decisions along the. WAY i think that they finally got the right group. TOGETHER i thought that the combination Of Leon, rose the team, president who was once a super, agent but he made a series of spectacular moves that, WERE i mean. Incredible he got mccal bridges for. Five people were questioning it at the time because it was five number One. Drafthics he Acquired Jalen, bronson Og, Anamobi, Karl Anthony, Towns Josh. Hart that's a pretty impressive. Reson, uh and that just changed. Everything and they're so. Unselfish they also happened to be a terrific group of, guys you, know who all get. Along and he added to the team though he made them into the team that we saw in the, playoffs because they weren't this team at parts of the. Season but the regular season is so, different as you, know than the, playoffs and we saw a nick team that is actually nine ten. Deep even the guy Like Josh alvarado who he got from B, las played a major, role you, know playing the backcourt that was probably the smallest backcourt in THE, nba but coming in in spots and playing so well in of course of the, playoffs and they go on and win thirteen straight, games which is unheard. Of you, know through the playoff, runt.
Speaker 2: Do you find yourself watching Maybe game four and, saying, BOY i WISH i was calling that.
Speaker 5: Game, Yeah i've gotten away from, THAT i really. HAVE i Mean i've LOOKED i remember some early season games from times a time SINCE i, retired AND i, said, bough that'd be fun to. Call but you, Know Mike breen did such a great, JOB i, thought and it's once it's, over it's really. OVER i would enjoy the. GAMES i watch so much, basketball so much, baseball which is. FUN i am Mister DINTON'S. Tv, also what should be point? ABOUT i leave THE i leave the streaming, Chase So i'm really enjoying.
Speaker 2: Myself He's Marv, Albert Basketball hall Of, famer longtime voice of The knicks and The. Rangers they're in nineteen, seventy nineteen seventy three and of COURSE nba ON, NBC nba ON tnt play by. Play how often did you find yourself having to bite your tongue and not be critical of The knicks when you were doing you, know Strictly knicks.
Speaker 5: Games, WELL i was critical at. TONS i didn't FEEL i had to bite my. TONGUE i always felt it was very important to tell what was happening because people would see. It SO i, mean not to kill, them BUT i think you have to point out. Mistakes there were not many mistakes in The Red holstman era when you had you, know that group Of reid and The busher And frasier and so, On, bradley but and that was a fun group to be. AROUND i, mean you, Know bill will be traveling with a load of books on every every road. Trip in, fact he joined the team after being At. Oxford he didn't come to them right. Away in, fact he played and he told me the. Story he he was doing play my play of, himself as we all did when we shoot around the schoolyard or. Whatever AND i asked him for a sample one day of what his play by play sounded. Like so he said to me he, would but it would break my.
Speaker 2: Heart oh, look who's here to?
Speaker 4: Say? Hello Reggie millard joining? Us, Now marv.
Speaker 5: There must be some free food.
Speaker 6: Somewhere, LOOK i just wanted to hop on here really quick and say this about The Marvelous one because of, this of The knicks winning this. Championship you, know there's a few people that deservingly should be getting a. Ring and you KNOW i reached out To spike a long. Time was, there, good, bad the? Ugly the Marvelous one is in that category for what he has meant to the game of. Basketball but when you think Of nick's, BASKETBALL i will always think of the voice of THE, nba and that's The Marvelous. One AND i know he's been a little bit removed from the game, recently BUT i learned a lot of HOW i approach schemes just by listening and being side by side with the marvelous.
Speaker 5: One SO.
Speaker 6: I know everyone's celebrating In New. York, uh, MARVEL i hope. YOU'RE i THINK i saw in This instagram posted you jumping on a bus or something like that during the.
Speaker 4: Celebration you.
Speaker 6: Were you were out there with a lot of those young. Guys, uh, congratulations the one you deserve.
Speaker 5: This thank you for the extremely kind. WARS i miss. You you know What reget AND i used to do, is uh we would tour the hotels that we went to on the road before making certain that we'd accept the. Room we would would be like hunting down good. Rooms AND i always enjoyed, that and of course all the meals we, had all the. Laughs you was so great to work with and you, know such an amazing. Job SO i missed those.
Speaker 4: DAYS i really, Do, Regga i'll talk to you in a. Minute.
Speaker 2: Here let me say goodbye To. Marvin thank you for jumping On. Marv you getting a championship.
Speaker 5: Ring for this. Team NO i. DID i did for the previous. Two, NO i really have nothing to do uh with the current. Teams that's not gonna. Happen but, YEAH i have the previous ones which were away locked away in a draw in my.
Speaker 4: Office, well you've got to bring them out this, WEEK i.
Speaker 5: Think.
Speaker 4: So, YEAH i don't know who you're going to show him off.
Speaker 5: To, well my WIFE i could show him as you, know so well we have three. Pugs they would enjoy, it you, know but they probably try to take a fight out of, it you.
Speaker 4: Know but, well thank you for joining. US i appreciate. It, UH i. Couldn't it was a. Pleasure, YEAH i couldn't help them think of, you uh with fifty three years?
Speaker 5: Ago thank you and Ask reggie some really tough, questions.
Speaker 4: All, grilling all, Grilling, Mark, yeah thank.
Speaker 5: You, marv all, right thanks so.
Speaker 2: Much It's Marv Albert hall Of. Famer, YEAH i didn't think Of, marv you, know fifty three years. Ago AND i remember hearing his. Voice and WHEN i was at The university Of, DAYTON i had guys who were from The New york area and they were telling me how Great Marv albert was as a. Broadcaster And i'd hear the voice AND i, GO i don't get, it because.
Speaker 4: You, Know marv what?
Speaker 2: Yes and then count you, know And i'd be, like all, Right but it was just like With Chick hearn And Johnny most if you grew up with that voice in that, environment that was your, guy and then you, know grew to appreciate that he was always he was omnipresent doing games CONS i think.
Speaker 4: The book That Rick riley, Wrote i'd love to.
Speaker 2: BUT I have A Game, TONIGHT i think was the title That Rick riley wrote With Marv. Albert and then to Meet marv and he could not have been, nicer more genuine and. Generous there was no ego. Whatsoever and you, Know i'm At Sports center and we weren't a rights. Holder we would just come in and, basically you, know try to get out of the way OF.
Speaker 4: Nbc But marv.
Speaker 2: Was, always, always always a very nice person and was not above. Anybody and you know there were people who were like. That marv was. Not he was always very, accommodating, friendly, always you, know he didn't take him to self. Serious SO i couldn't help but think fifty three, years.
Speaker 4: It's a, long, long, long long long. Time, Yeah, paulie.
Speaker 7: And marv was so great in the. Eighties if you weren't from The New york, area you got to know him with THE Nbc PEAK nbc in the eighties with THE, nba and he was just appointment programming in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: And he did the rain AND i thought he did hockey better than. BASKETBALL i thought he was a great you. Know and he passed it down to his. Son but and then he had his brothers that were play by play voices, Too Al albert uh, uh.
Speaker 4: Then, kenny his Son. Steve, Yeah steve.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah but you imagine those guys at home when they're growing, up all doing play by play of their, own you, know games in their.
Speaker 4: Head, yes, yes you're gonna leave those dishes in the. Sink is that your? Marv? Oh, okay do it one more?
Speaker 5: Time you're gonna leave those dishes in the?
Speaker 4: Sink, yes, yes is, Good thank, You.
Speaker 2: Tom Reggie miller will join us coming up next year And Patrick.
Speaker 1: Show be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 9: App Steve gott's. HERE i have a Podcast. Empire it continues to, grow AND i have brought it here To. Ibeart i'm also doing a live radio show from three to five Pm eastern because my.
Speaker 4: Wife wanted to kick me out of the.
Speaker 9: House it's Called Stu Gotson Company, live which is available in podcast form right when the show finishes every single. Day some of the biggest names in, sports a lot of phone, CALLS.
Speaker 10: I love you, guys your, Show it's one of my.
Speaker 9: Favorites a lot of interact, shit guys not taking themselves too. Seriously those are just some of the things that you can expect From Stu Gottson company And Steve Gottson Company. Live so listen To Stu Gotson Company live And Ouriur original. Podcast please, subscribe rate and Review Stu Gotson company And God Bless. Football eler's livelihood depends on. It you do it today and you can check all of those out on The iHeartRadio, App Apple podcast or wherever you get your.
Speaker 2: Podcasts, well If Jalen brunson needed any more motivation for next, Year DraftKings just sent ME mvp odds for next. Year there's, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven eight nine players in front Of Jalen brunson and as far as favorites to win THE Nba championship next. Year Spurs, Thunder celtics then The, knicks followed by The. Lakers he's The hall Of Famer Reggie, MILLER nba ON nbc lead. Analyst The New York knicks won THE Nba championship because What Jalen.
Speaker 6: Brunson, look you AND i had this conversation just last week when you, said when your star player is, struggling AND i, said just keep. Shooting fast forward To game. Five no one else could make a bucket on that. Team there was one guy who kept, Shooting Jalen, brunson and he gave the rest of those guys hope in life to win that game on the.
Speaker 2: ROAD i looked at The spurs rege and it sounds strange to say that the younger team was more. TIRED i Thought wemby looked gassed at the end of most of these. Games anything else stand out and The, spurs you, know As wemby, said, look we dominated for most of these, games which is, true they just didn't dominate when they needed. To but The spurs lost because, of aside From Jalen, brunson, youth youth and.
Speaker 6: Inexperience AND i think we were all waiting for this youth and inexperience to show, up and it just so. Happened it showed up on the biggest stage in THE Nba. Finals oh, LOOK i applaud what The spurs did for them to go into the defending champs house In game seven and win that ballgame and get a chance to move. On maybe that had a little bit to do of, fatigue BUT i stated on, AIR i think it was In game five or, six when The knicks were just waiting on who was gonna win that, SERIES i, said it doesn't matter who wins here in The Western, conference The knicks were gonna. Win just you could just see how cohesive The knicks had been. Playing AND i think for The, spurs as great of talent As Wimby, Is Stefan, Castle Dylan, harper all those guys are great and experienced. Manners you know WHAT i would have, liked, again we are Playing monday morning quarterback here for The. Spurs when The clippers Let Chris paul, Go Chris paul had played a season with The San Antonio. SPURS i wish that they would have picked Up Chris paul just as an insurance vet on that bench for moments like the, finals because there's certain things that went down in the. Finals If Chris paul had been at the end of that. Bench and, LOOK i Love Bismack, BIAMBO i Love Kelly, olenk Great vets to have on your. Team but if you would have Had Chris paul at the end of that bench as a point, GUARD i think that would have Helped Dearon, fox that would Help Stefan. Castle to, Me Dylan harper was the, best most Consistent spurs player in that, series in those five games when we got all the. Attention but to, Me Dylan harper was the most consistent. PLAYER i just Think Chris paul would have. Helped, again this Is monday, morning, Quarterback i'm. Talking this is Why vets, matter youth got the best of The.
Speaker 2: Spurs explain to us what it you know THEY i guess the mindset of being a, closer Because brunson is a. Closer sga. Is there's certain guys who are made for those. Moments but what are they made up of that for some, reason the moment doesn't get too.
Speaker 6: Big you're not afraid of. Failure you're not afraid to take the heat when it comes your way if things don't go your, way and if you look at all the, greats from The kobe's to The mics to The Brunches, SGA's they have one thing in. Common they want the ball in their hands and they're not afraid if the shot does not go in that oh my, goodness what are people going to say or write about? Me they move on to the next. Play AND i knew every time it was a close, game The knicks were going to win because they had the best player on the. Floor he can manipulate. Matchups he plays off two, feet so his footwork is. Impeccable he was going to be able to get any shot he. Want, now if he made that, shot that's on. Here there was nothing you were going to do for him not to get a clean look or a good. Rep and that's what the great ones. Do they manipulate the. Game And brunson is as good as anyone doing.
Speaker 4: That but everybody missed out on.
Speaker 5: This.
Speaker 4: Everybody it was a second round draft.
Speaker 2: Pick even as head Coach Jay wright joined us in the first, hour he, SAID i didn't think he was a number one. Guy maybe a number, two maybe a number three on a championship. Team The knicks Wanted Donovan. Mitchell they Got Jalen brunson is a consolation, prize but has it been right in front of? Us we didn't even In, dallas you, know When luca went out early in the. Playoffs during that run to the, Final Jalen brunson gave us a glimpse of, this AND i think we, thought, oh, well that's. Cute now all of a, sudden you, know it's not a cute. Story it's a real. Story but has he been hiding in playing? Sight, yeah that's exactly.
Speaker 6: It he's been a championship a championship player at every, level high, SCHOOL gip one two At, villanova and now he's won one in THE. Nba and you, know people wanted to always disrespect his, size but people need to understand being able to play in. ANGLES i, mean there was a couple opportunities in this final series when he got switched, off When windy got switched off onto, him a couple, huge big time threes over a seven foot four and really eight foot frame When windy goes, up and In game, five he saw that one move when he got into the paint And wemby almost fell and he was able to finish right at the. Rim, look he knew he knows how to play in, angles he understands the limitations and what he's. About and also, too let's give the rest of the team a lot of credits surrounding him with the right complements of. Players having his guys From villanova like, heart and Having Michael bridges guys that understand how to play with, him how to set them, up Having kat A stretch five putting the, Parts Leon rose putting the parts around. Him they all deserve credit.
Speaker 2: HERE i know that it's a copycat, league or at least you know that team. One maybe we should try to do what they, do or we get people to counteract what they're. DOING i don't know if gms are gonna, go, hey let's build a cohesive team, here BECAUSE i, mean this is not something out of a blueprint. Here these guys played in. College you brought him here and it. Works BUT i don't know if other teams are going to, go you know what we.
Speaker 4: Need we need guys who.
Speaker 2: Played in college together and we're gonna have teamwork.
Speaker 6: Here, no what they're gonna do is what The knicks did really is copy the blueprint OF okc In indiana just a year, ago playing nine ten. Guys all, right this is why Coach tipodeau really was shown the. Door he only played six guys the last two years in those conference finals Versus, indiana Whereas indiana was playing nine or ten, guys had fresher guys at the end of. Games And Mike brown comes in and, Says, Okay i'm gonna trust in my. Bench Jose alvarado along With, brunson Wins game four in that twenty nine point. Comeback Landry shammitt was huge off the bench all. Postseason duce, McBride Mike brown had trust in his. Bench he played nine deep throughout the. Playoffs and that was a page from The. Thunder in the page From indiana a year. Ago depth, Matters so that's where the copycat will. Come you'll see more gems and teams trying to load. Up instead of having a starting, five you really need a starting. Nine you need guys that you can plug in and, out that can play major. Minutes and you've got to have depth if you want to win a. Championship.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah and it's good that you Mentioned Mike. Brown he's going to get lost in all of this because this is About Jalen. Brunson The knicks as a franchise. WINNING i Thought mike had a really good playoff run and something clicked After game three against The, hawks and he made.
Speaker 4: This he had. To he took, chances he took, chances he made it.
Speaker 2: Work And i'm guessing that those stops In Golden state And San antonio prepared him for this moment Huge.
Speaker 6: And think about. THAT i, mean this is the guy who Took lebron and The cavs to the finals as well and came up. Short SO i think being the associate hairdcut coach Under Steve kerr and winning those titles there. HELPED i think his experience IN la not necessarily winning. Helped AND i think the pitfalls of being In sacramento and you, know calling out your star player like De Aaron fox and then being shown the door a day later. Helped that all builds, character, Right so now you know the dudes and. Don'ts when you get on the biggest, stage which Is Madison Square garden In New, york and you have this roster that's been, successful been knocking on the, door but hasn't been able to get over the, Hump, well what did he change? Up he changed up his, depth trust him the. Bench he changed the. Offense you know, WHAT, jb you can't be ball dominant. Anymore you're gonna have to be able to play off the. Basketball the ball has. Energy it will find. You it found. Him they rowed his, shoulders they change up the, offense and here we.
Speaker 4: Are off season With. JANNIS i was listening To Brian.
Speaker 2: Winhors then he felt like getting to THE Nba draft is when If jannie is. Moved But i'm just trying to figure out the right. Fit because people have Mentioned. BOSTON i don't think you change your. Philosophy if Your, boston you're a three point shooting, Team now you're going to change.
Speaker 4: THAT i don't see that.
Speaker 2: Happening but do you see a destination that makes sense For?
Speaker 6: JOANNIS i still like The. BOSTON i think if You're Joe, mazouli you do have to change a little. Bit they took way too many. Threes i'm, sorry and.
Speaker 4: AGAIN i know this is but are you giving Up Jalen Brown.
Speaker 6: If that's what it's going to. TAKE i, Mean i'll have to see the rest of that. Loster, YEAH i MEAN.
Speaker 4: I can't do.
Speaker 6: That the game is way too. Much You, look look how the game is is being one, now especially in the, finals in the, playoffs you've got to have mid range, games. Right threes are, great don't get me, Wrong but look at The spurs In game. Four they fell in love with the three in the first, half built a twenty nine point lead and kept shooting them in the, third and that allowed The knicks to get back in a couple drives here and, there a couple of men rating. Shots you win that game. Comfortably you can't fall in love with the. THREES i thought The, celtics granted they want a championship doing, that but it bit them in the behind in That philly. Series AND i think they would change, up AND i Think giannis would help in bringing in more, twos more in. Ones i'm not saying you banded in the three all, together but you still Have tatum to shoot. Threes you would still Have Sam alser to shoot, Threes Peyton pritcher to shoot. Threes you just don't need fifty maybe you know thirty five to, forty, right and a lot of and.
Speaker 2: Ones, Okay but IF i said going into next, season who's a better, Team celtics Or knicks With joannis no right now these, rosters so a Healthy tatum the entire. Season better team that's very.
Speaker 4: Close but it's The. Celtics that's very.
Speaker 6: Close but it's The. Celtics, yeah it would probably Be boston.
Speaker 4: Okay okay see or The knicks okay.
Speaker 6: See, look it was a perfect tsunami for The. Knicks no one was Beating New. York even The THUNDER i thought would have lost against The. Knicks BUT i think it would have been a better series if The thunder would have been in the, finals in my, opinion because you had more guys to Guard brunson that weren't. YOUNG i, mean he took it of the, youth and that's what you. Play who was in front of, you you play it was in front of. YOU i just Thought, Caruso, Wallace, Dort Isaiah, joe and a little bit OF. Sda those are a lot of players you can throw At.
Speaker 2: Brunson but this series was a good. Series San antonio led in every game by double. Digits they led seventy two percent of the. Time it's just they didn't have a guy who can. Close and that that proved to me that these games were almost all of them were really. Close they were you didn't have a. Closer okac was a little too banged up for. Me Healthy OKAC i think is better than The, knicks, uh.
Speaker 4: But San antonio went toe to.
Speaker 2: TOE i just think maybe history won't be kind to them because they lost four out of. Five BUT i mean they were in all of those games and led all of those games by double.
Speaker 6: Digits that's why this will, hurt hurt The spurs And wimby even. More when you were when you had double digit leads in every game and you only won one of those, games that's very. Difficult that's that's difficult to have double digit. Leads the twenty nine, POINT i, mean that's.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 6: Can't everyone keeps, saying, oh they're, young they'll be. Back be careful saying. THAT i, mean someone go Ask Dan marino that all, right, someone it took twenty years for The thunder to get back to The they said that About Katie westbrook and Harden. Ah they're, young they got to the, finals they lost To lebron In. Miami they'll be. Back it took them twenty years and it was a whole different team to get back to the. Finals be careful when you, say, oh they're, young they'll be. Back nothing is guaranteed in this.
Speaker 4: Game got planes for the off?
Speaker 8: Season?
Speaker 6: Yeah rest kids cycle.
Speaker 4: It what About tour De france for?
Speaker 6: You i'm, thinking look he is asked me about. IT i want to highlight two. STAGES i might not do it this, season but next, TOUR i am going to go To france And i'm going to preview a couple of The i'm going to ride, with you, know all the gold, pros And i'm going to highlight what these athletes actually go. Through, NOW i might not go with the speed of some of The tour, pros but that is a bucket list of mine is to go and do a couple of stage stages of The tour De france and highlight and show people the suffering that these cyclists go.
Speaker 4: Through but are you going to do drugs like a lot of those about? What you're not going to do any blood? Doping?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 6: No check my, veins please.
Speaker 2: CHECK i think that'd be great if you went to a couple of stages.
Speaker 6: THERE i want to do a couple of stages just to show people what it's.
Speaker 2: All but are you going to go into the mountains? Though reg, yes, YES i Wonder i'm.
Speaker 6: Not doing any.
Speaker 5: For the.
Speaker 6: SPRINTERS i want to. Go we're going, up, up, Up we're going on to the.
Speaker 4: Mountains thank you for your contributions all year. Long, uh it's.
Speaker 6: Been a great. Season thank you for having me back thet or love and appreciate.
Speaker 5: You thank.
Speaker 4: You, bud stay in.
Speaker 2: Touch yes That's Reggie Aloss Miller, junior the Third Big.
Speaker 4: Cyclist Big Big cyclist stays in great. Shape.
Speaker 2: Uh let's take a. Break last call for phone. Calls what we, learn what's in store? Tomorrow right back after. This Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio. App search s are to listen Live paul And. Louisiana Hi, Paul Hey, dang good.
Speaker 8: MORNING i am best and worse for the, weekend BUT i have to give you a peptide update on the on my weight six' five down to one ninety eight and two twenty what? All, right anyway best of. The weekend my company sent me to the beach to work for, this WEEKEND so i got to take my two daughters. With me the worst of. The weekend we all came back with. Nice sunburns so just one, little note, you know because of the. NEXT win i had been a long time basketball coach Here in louisiana in high school and the Story Of mitchell robinson and his high school Coach but stockton. IS one i don't know if you've seen it or read, about it but it's. Freaking fantastic it's a really really great. Story family, you know the coach and the wife, help out and then later, in life after the wife, Passes away mitchell, helps out, you know his. Former coach so something to look into and if y'all haven't heard about it is. Fantastic STORY so i just.
Speaker 4: Thank You paul Tatum, In Houston. Hi, tatum hey what's?
Speaker 11: Going On?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 11: Patrick man, first time long time listing all? The, time man how you? Doing? Today?
Speaker 4: Great greg what do you have?
Speaker 8: For me?
Speaker 5: All? Right?
Speaker 11: QUICK man i don't want to take anything to my best of. THE weekend i gotta give It To. Jose Alvarado The Puerto rican festival is going Down In new york. This week he's the champion right now in, that town so he's gonna have a really. Good week my worst of THE weekend i gotta go WITH the R and b singer that looks like that's a, Head Coach. Miss, johnson man my man had a. BAD series i think he will rebound, from it but, uh yeah he just had a real. Bad, season hey so You and reggie were talking about that whole the, three POINTING and i think that the analytics is. Affected basketball my quick question to you is if they brought back the hand, check situationally would that prevent people from shooting all, these crazy. RIDICULOUS threes.
Speaker 2: I, DON'T know i, don't know but even the forearm that they allowed you to have and, the. Handcheck handcheck if you've ever been around those guys to know how strong. They are when, somebody, says oh they just put their hand, on you. They're guys they could put their hand on you and they could. Move YOU and i thought that THAT was, i mean they the fact they, allowed that we're gonna give you an arm bar you're gonna put let you put your hands on somebody while you're.
Speaker 4: Guarding. Them, Crazy, YES mark.
Speaker 2: I could imagine if it was nineteen ninety One And terry cummings is dictating where you. Can go terry was like. Country strong he was old. Man, strong sure sor he was.
Speaker 8: Old.
Speaker 4: Man uh Let's.
Speaker 2: See jordan stall when the Con smythe he's almost thirty eight years.
Speaker 4: Of age he.
Speaker 2: Played great he had at least one goal in each of the first, five games finished with. Six goals that's that's a big. Time moment how about this day in, Sports, History.
Speaker 7: Paul we got a couple, For you dan nineteen. Thirty Eight johnny vandermere Of your reds pitches second straight. No hitter that still blows. My mind nineteen, forty nine there was a star baseball Player Named eddie Waitkes. For philadelphia he was seriously injured when a female fan entered his room and. Shot him this was the basis for the story of The Movie the natural.
Speaker 2: Mm uh nineteen, seventy Six the astrodome had its first and. Only rainout there are seven inches of rain made it difficult for the umpires to get through the flooded streets to, the stadium so it was officially ruled. A, Rainout also thomas The Hit man hearns with a second round Knockout Of, roberto duran the first knockout of his. Current boy when you see, That Punch, tommy hearns he was such a. Strange build he. WAS tall i think he was a middle, waiter welterweight, but god did he. HITS you i didn't always agree with his, philosophy sometimes certainly when he was gone Against Marvelous. Marvin hagler, but man if you see the Punch By tommy Hearns Against, roberto duran that's where it's just like. Lights out, Good, night Mark, And Ohio, Hi Mark.
Speaker 10: Hey dan my worst of, the weekend and it's only my Worst because I'm a. Spurs fans we lost, the CHAMPIONSHIP but i had a couple of SPECIFIC reasons i think. We did first, of all. THE coach i think he lacked strategic timeouts during the series and kind of let the runs, keep rolling especially in the, you know the, fourth game we shot eight straight threes and missed. THEM all i guarantee after about the, Third one pop would have called time out and done some butt. Showing KIDS and i agree with You that winby needs to get in. Better Shape but cortnett. WAS terrible i mean he had to, block it okay see and made a few, free throws but every time there was a rebound seemed to bounce off.
Speaker 5: His hands.
Speaker 10: COMIC grum, i MEAN but.
Speaker 2: I don't want to Rely On luke Cornett if i'm going to win. A championship, I'm sorry like he's he's nice that you're able to put him in there for just a. Little bit but if you're Gonna take, wenby out you got to have somebody who, you know it's not that much of a deficit on just maybe rebounding doing.
Speaker 4: Simple, Things, yeah dylan it does.
Speaker 3: Feel like there's a little bit of like the analytics versus, non analytics With the knicks being, The ladder like did the analytics say To Have jose alvarado in the game at the End in?
Speaker 4: Game four?
Speaker 3: Probably not that felt like a.
Speaker 4: Gut, play yeah but we brought.
Speaker 2: THIS up i got to take the ball Out of, brunson's hands so he's not being pressured three quarters court and he's going to. Be tired they Brought. In alvarado you take the ball Out of, brunson's hands and you're not shooting eight or nine. Consecutive threes you're not a three point. Shooting team everybody got Drunk, With oh i'm gonna make the, highlights here and then all of a sudden you look up and You go I'll be, damn wait We're. Losing todd WHAT did? I learn on today's award. Nominated program despite being considered, too slow, too short or not, Athletic Enough jay, Wright Said jalen brenton just proved to everyone in cling himself that he can lead. A team have a, great. Day everybody we look forward to chatting with you tomorrow