Speaker 1: All right, forget what the calendar says. The football season actually to me, starts Saturday. The Baltimore Ravens open their camp for the rookies. DraftKings has a Best Ball Millionaire contest. It is the biggest fantasy contest ever. We're talking fifteen million guaranteed dollars in the prize pool, fifteen million from DraftKings. That's a big number. With two two millionaires being crowned for first and second place. That is life changing. If you're a set it and forget it type, then Best Ball is for you. No waiver wires, no roster management, bigger rosters, so injuries won't end your season, only the draft and that's it. You are set for the season. I like that, right, so you can play it and have a life too. Check it out. This year, DraftKings offering everyone a Draft one get one special. Everybody gets this. Your twenty dollars entry fee that's at twenty bucks scores you a bonus ticket. So get ready for the Best Ball Week DraftKings. Download the DraftKings app. You know takes ninety seconds. Put in the code column. That's me Coli n All customers who enter the NFL Best Ball fifteen million Millionaire Contest. Get a bonus ticket only during Best Ball Week only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight, open wire, text hope and Wyatt four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org eighteen and over in most eligible states, but age varies by jurisdiction. Eligibility restrictions apply. One per customer enter the Best Ball fifteen million Dollar Contest by nine five twenty four to get one bonus entry twenty dollars entry fee required. Reward expires at contestlock on nine five, twenty four. See terms at DraftKings dot com slash dfs.
Speaker 1: Welcome into part two of the podcast with Nick Right. So I'm gonna throw this out because you and I I don't talk a lot of politics, but it's.
Speaker 3: Whatever you do. You go viral man. The the the Internet had you clocked as a hardcore right wingers, so weird, I know. Well, it's just you're just old, white and rich, that's all. And so so so because of that, they just assumed it. So every time you say anything that isn't like Maga hat wearing Trump or stuff. There are corners of the internet that are just throw parties, like I think today, That's what I was telling you before the show today. You just said, like, saw Kamala Harris. She wasn't pointing angry and she was smiling. Made me feel good. And they are like important political accounts like Colin Cowherd says, why Kamala Harris is gonna win the election? So they're so happy about it. It just it delights me every time I see it. But go ahead, So I didn't mean to interrupt you, but I'm excited where this is going to go. So so it was first.
Speaker 1: Of all, whenever anybody in any situation in life is trying to convince me that something's true too hard, like why are you doing that? That's where I'm kind of cynical as a person, like if something's like even when people have pitched me businesses, the couple of businesses that I've bought a stake in a business, or both times where I really somebody came up and said, hey, I think you'll like it. I'll send you a deck I think it's interesting. I've never ever purchased any part of a company. When you hard sell me, same with a car, I'll walk in, I'll tell you what I like. I'm quick cut to the chase, get me the contract. So you know they're they're the Conservatives are trying to Vice presidents don't decide elections. They can hurt you. They like baseball managers. They don't win many games. They can lose your games if they lose the locker room. So so Kamala's vice president Tim Walls, he not gonna it doesn't really matter because he'll just get out of the way. He's a high school football coach. He was well liked. He's not deciding this thing. They do appear to really like each other.
Speaker 3: That matters.
Speaker 1: Yep, jd Vance could hurt you. That's the worst kind of VP pick where he could actually pull a point or two down or Lojah state. So very quickly he says something about women without kids, and I'm like, you guys are struggling with women. I wouldn't go there. He did something today and by the time this airs it will have been discussed at nauseum by the political pundits. But I thought to myself, Oh, oh, I wouldn't do that. So he went to Kamala's plane.
Speaker 3: I saw this too, So they were planning. If people don't know, they his plane and air force too, I guess is the one she's on. Both laying in the same airfield, and so he was. So they both happened to me in the same place. So we walked over. So now you take over and say what.
Speaker 1: And it was so it was almost as if he was trying to kind of intimidate her, and I thought, time out. It already pissed off a lot of women who, by the way, would love children but they can't have them. Well I've known, right, That's okay, So that's first. Then you combine it with I'm going to try to intimidate our potentially first female president. And I really thought, oh, christ Trump may have it. This could like this is a baseball This is Bobby Valentine taking over the Red Sox, pissing off Dustin Pedroia. And he was gone like thirty games later.
Speaker 3: It was like, holy.
Speaker 1: God, this is a And I think to myself, no, because I tend to be moderate but lean left, I'm not going to overreact. It's just a vice president. They don't matter. But I saw that, and I that's really bad judgment.
Speaker 3: So that reacting No, I listen, I think that, So I'll go macro to micro. I think that anyone. This is the problem with being a phony is you're never acting on instinct. You're acting. Wait the person I'm trying to pretend I am, how would they act? And you fuck it up all the time. That's my my My honest died in the whole opinion of jd. Vance's he's I had no idea who he is. It's not this guy. He's cosplaying as I know that because he has been in the public eye for a long time. And you can come around on things, you can change positions, but you can't write a book about the opioid epidemic and then call Donald Trump and opiate and opioid as a slur about how this is how bad it is. It ruined my family, ruined my area. He say to people, he reminds you of Hitler, and change enough to where you're like, I want to be his vice president. Nobody changes that much like that the end. But so his heat what he has done super successfully is navigate from you know, a guy who wrote a book that people liked to up until the day Biden dropped out the overwhelming likely vice next vice president of the United States. He navigated that in an incredibly short period of time because his true north was what do I need to say and do to achieve the next rung of power? And it has worked, but more often than not, at some point that bill comes due, and that bill is coming due right now because the guy can't make it, can't do anything on instinct. Everything's like, wait, what am I supposed to do in this spot? And so there's so every time he talks, it's like, why'd you say that? Like today, some local reporter has said to him, some friendly local reporter was like, you know, one of the things you're criticized about is that you don't smile in them. What is something that makes you smile? And the answer to that question is literally anything my kids, a baseball game, the flag of the United States. And his answer was, well, I smile when I laugh at ridiculous questions like that from the fake media. And I'm like, that's not what you wanted to say, buddy, but you think that's what you're supposed to say. And so yeah, I mean I think I think in general, like when you're not able to have at least something of a consistent like. I understand all politicians pander and change positions. I get that, but this is such a dramatic turn of events. He seems like a different person. The other thing on the first thing you said about the reason he's in real trouble is the comment about childless women. And this is I will admit I'm about to say something overtly political. Okay, so this is one of my biggest problems with the so many of our super conservative politicians. I actually don't know how much they truly understand about how babies are made and the human reproductive system and all of it. Because jd Vance would tell you I was talking about people that don't want to have children, and I think that's bullshit. I think that if you're choosing not to have kids, you're not as important of a citizen someone that wants to start a family. I think he truly believes that. Fine, whatever, I think that's wrong, but at least I can get he's like, you have more of an investment. But it's such a fundamental misunderstanding that so many people and families desperately want to have kids and the biggest tragedies of their life are that they haven't been able to or I mean, I will all tell something very personal because she shared it publicly. My sister had a child and everything was fine, seemingly with my nephew. Everything is fine with my nephew, but everything is fine with the pregnancy, and then over the next four years had four of the most excruciating miscarriages anyone can imagine, and then had basically a miracle baby who's now my niece. There are so many women out there that the biggest tragedy of their lives is through no fault of their own. Yes, they can't have kids, right then this guy is. And the reason I said, I don't think they know how babies are made. That's a little tongue in cheek, But my point is if you have that at all in your consciousness, that oh wait, there's a lot of people that want to have kids that are struggling having kids, then you'd be more careful with your words. You wouldn't say things like childless women. You would find a way to make your point, which is essentially that people that have decided I want to be lifelong bachelor or I want to be lifelong single. Is the point you're really trying to make that you don't think they have as much skin in the game as someone who has kids and grandkids. And again, I don't know that I agree with that take, but that to take that you can at least defend. But when you just flippantly throw this stuff out there, it's like, man, there's people are understanding, people that want to root for you and vote for you, are gonna say you're saying I count less. I voted for Trump twice, not me. I'm this theoretical person, and because I can't have a baby, I count like, like that's going to cost you. And you said, you know, I think that if this had happened three months ago, he would have changed his mind. But I think Trump's in a weird spot because he can't kick jd off the ticket after he made fun of Biden for dropping out, Like, man, this is a quit. Last twenty days is a pretty quick turnaround. As far as the odds now, we're a long ways out. A lot can change. But I felt like Trump was Some of my friends in the high stakes gambling community, the poker players.
Speaker 1: That's why I watch from presidential elections, I watched the gaming market.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, so some of the best poker players in the world the week before Biden dropped out were betting Trump at minus two hundred to minus two twenty and as of this moment, it's Kamala minus one ten, a tiny, tiny favorite in three weeks. I mean it's been three weeks. That is a wild turn of events on holl of this and how this thing flipped so quickly in the markets. Again, in the markets, I mean, the audience knows who I'm voting for, but that's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, and that that also includes an assassination attempt, which I should have literally with an iconic photo guaranteed him the election. I mean it was like, in a weird way, I saw that photo and I was like, oh boy, well, it's no.
Speaker 3: To squander that much goodwill and a lead and the all of it in record time. Also then makes you I'm very interested in how these next couple months ago, because all of a sudden you can still win, like things change. But man, Trump, Trump, when he thinks he's losing his historically doesn't act less unhinged. He doesn't like Okay, now's the time to be disciplined. Now's the time to stay on message about taxes, like I just don't think that's coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's you know, it's funny. I've always laughed at this stick to sports thing, and I'm always like, well, then you stick to not lecturing me on how to produce a radio show or a podcast. Is my take is everybody gets an opinion on politics because in the summer months, in election years, there's nothing going on. I mean, if it wasn't for the Olympics, what in the hell would any of us talk about Because nobody plays in the preseason. Sean McVay newted it when he didn't play anybody and went ate to no to start the season. So the truth is, I like people, even if they're not particularly gifted orders or they're not pundits. I'm interested in different I like different political opinions. I've said this before. Fans call sports radio shows. On average, they're dreadful, they're repetitive, they have nothing creative to say. But but there is value if you're doing I do a simulcast, but if you do strictly a radio broadcast of having the occasional argumentative call, the call that's absurdly wrong. I mean it's it was Mike and the Mad Dog. Like some of the funniest moments are just idiotic calls. You know, it is part of the theater. So I like, I don't I like people to have different opinions. I glean all sorts of information. You don't have to be an expert. I mean, I've said before football coaches have acknowledged, like, you know, a fan, Andy Reid's like, a fan sent me a play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we kind of somebody on the guy that works at one of the janitorial staff drew something up for him. Yeah, he was like. And I also if if someone decides I'm simply someone in our field decides I'm simply never talking about it, So that's fine. Like, I get that. Sometimes that's an edict, sometimes it's a it's uh, it's just you know, it's strategy. That's fine. What I don't love is if someone does talk about it and clearly is afraid to be honest about how they feel, Like so I stay out of One of the reasons I rarely talk about this is because I'm not a moderate. I don't pretend to be like I like I my politics are. I think some people consider I'm extreme. That's fine, but I'm not gonna I'm not going to all of a sudden act like, well, you know, up until you know, a couple months before, I was undecided. I you know, no, I wasn't like I sorry, my dog's were being annoying, like I wasn't undecided. And in my lifetime since I've been you know, old enough to vote, I've voted Democrat every election. So if I'm going to talk about it, I'm gonna be honest with you know, with folks about where I stand on it.
Speaker 1: So it's twenty twenty four, and let's talk about something really really important. If you're ever injured, check out Morgan and Morgan to America's largest injury law firm, and they're there for you. Over one hundred offices nationwide. Think about that, more than a thousand lawyers with over twenty billion that to be twenty billion dollars recovered over five hundred thousand clients. Things happen in life unexpectedly. Submitting an injury claim with Morgan and Morgan is really really easy. Like winning in the NFL is hard. We know, that quarterbacking in the NFL is hard, submitting a claim is easy. You're ever injured, check out Morgan and Morgan. Their fee is free unless they win. For more information, go to for Thepeople dot com, slash Colin or dial pound law from your cell phone. Pretty easy. That's for the people dot com, slash Colin or pound law pound five to nine from your cell Morgan and Morgan has a proven track record of fighting for you to get a full and fair compensation if there's an unexpected accident in your life. This is a paid advertisement. It's interesting because a lot of people, I'll give you an example, think if I don't bring up politics, you're being woke. I'm giving an example.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: One of the things I've done well in my career, and this is really boring, but I think I'm really good at it is topic selection. Is I talk about really interesting. I pick the right stuff to talk about, and I think it's about twenty five to thirty percent of my success is I don't get into spaces that people don't care about. So when Lebron had an opinion about China, remember that and people, yeah, of course, why why won't you talk about that? Because it's bureaucracy and nobody cares. And you didn't care about China an hour before this. So like, people talk about the transgender stuff, and my take is, you don't really care about that. I don't know much about it and you don't care about it, and it doesn't move. Yeah, so it doesn't do that.
Speaker 3: I am very much.
Speaker 1: I am loyal my whole career. I am loyal to the topic that moves the needle. Because you could be an expert on hockey. I could know nothing about college football, but I'll beat you because I choose a better topic. And so when I avoid the transgender topics, first they're murky. I let Ethan Strauss had a fascinating doctor on in regards to it, and it was I didn't have more clarity or less after forty minutes of talking, but it was a fascinating listen. And so if I'm not an expert on something, if it's murky or it's bureaucracy, and I don't, it's not.
Speaker 3: Something that's So I'm so glad you said that. And I know we're going long. Okay, then there's nothing quicker than all of a sudden, let's talk about you know, the transgenderism and whether who should be able to play what's sport and all of that. I was amazed at how dumb some of my colleagues were last Thursday when the women's boxing match in the Olympics happened. So I'm going to give you my day. Okay. I wake up Thursday morning, I have the podcast, then the TV show. I checked Twitter. I see what everybody sees. Some people are like, a man beat up a woman and she cried. Some people are like, what do you see This woman's loses all the time in boxing and was born a woman. Here's a picture of her as a kid. And some people were like, no, she's she's switched sex at birth. And then people are like, no, they're not at birth, pardon me, And then it'd be like, hmm, okay, well I'm certainly not gonna get to the bottom of this story in the next half hour. Luckily it's women's boxing at the Olympics, which was not gonna be in the rundown. Ever, it was not you know, somebody beat uh gad, I'm sorry, are Simone Biles? And you know in something we were talking about, it's not something involving the men's basketball team. We were never gonna talk about the women's boxing the Olympics. Ever, it was not in the zeitgeist. It's not like the audience like, oh, you promised us that tomorrow you're gonna break down the match. Now you're afraid of it. So why don't I give this a few hours and see what the actual information is and then decide if I want to talk about it tomorrow or the next day. And then I did, and I'm like, God, damn man, this thing's complicated, like definitely not a transgender issue at all. But also, if I'm to believe the Russian Boxing Federation, which by the way, I don't believe, but it seems to be compelling evidence she might have been born DSD. A little confused, but it also seems like so so wait, so she definitely woman, been a woman in her whole life, by the way, from a conservative Muslim nation where transgender is not a thing because not allowed. But did she have a physical advantage? Oh okay, I get that argument, all right. I now have the information, still a little confused. Luckily, I'm under no obligation to talk about this because again, it's the quarterfinals of the women's boxing at the Olympics, so we'll just let this one pass. And the amount of people that were like prominent people that were like, well, it's fucking showing up on Elon Musk's propaganda machine, so it must be the story to talk about. So I'm going to on the front and be like, I don't know what I'm talking about, but let's talk about it, like what are you doing? What are you doing? Like what you and the reason, like you said, the reason folks I believe talked about that knowing they didn't know anything was because they didn't want people to tweet to them. You're afraid to talk about it. They didn't. They were trying to get out in front of And I'm going to say one other thing on this, because it's the justification a lot that certain folks make when they talk about stuff before they have all the information or they're wrong. Is listen I say on the front end, I don't know everything. You know, it's kind of casual, I'm not that bright whatever. It is. Always be leary of folks who every time they make one of those mistakes is slanted in the same direction. Right, if you're just a dumb guy, that's just like hey, we're just talking. Then you'll make mistakes in both directions. Then sometimes you'll say something that is wildly wrong on the conservative side, and sometimes you'll say things that are wildly wrong on the liberal side. Sometimes you'll say things wildly wrong on you know, the the you'll vary your mistakes. In my experience, what tends to happen is folks consistently make this mistake slanted in the same direction of the people yelling at them on the internet, and then they're like, well, I told you, I'm not that bright, Like, eh, I don't know, seem bright enough to never make the mistake in the other direction. So in some certain things you're okay on So yeah, I was. I called demandse my son, who I do the podcast with that night. I was like, man, I was like, we should be proud of the podcast we did today. He's like why. I was like, because we didn't make the mistake so many people made, which is talk about a serious, real life issue that by the way, that's a real human being that has to go back to her country all of it when we had none of the information, just because Twitter was yelling at us to do it. Well, it's.
Speaker 1: I had texted Bob Costas once he was on Bill Maher talking about this, and he used the word murky, and I'm I'm very not suspicious, but I'm very unimpressed by people who have strident positions on difficult topics. So I actually interviewed with a friend of mine, Joe Donlin, had a podcast he's debuting in Chicago. He asked me about it, and my take was, and again, I'm not ducking anything, I said Joe. During COVID, I watched people who work to check out at Costco lecturing doctor Fauci on vaccines, like that's embarrassing, Like I don't know everything. It saved lives. It could have come from a lab. I don't know. And I told him in regards to this, I said, I have to trust the IOC. They have medical boards. I said, these governing bodies on these incredibly difficult situations. It's not like the same decision you had deciding where to put the restrooms in a stadium, Like it's not. They literally spent hours, days, weeks knowing this would be difficult, and at some point success matters. Fauci's history matters. Sick Mark Cuban successful, he knows more than you and me on business, like the Olympic Committee didn't just haphazard least, Hey, what do you think let's flip a coin.
Speaker 3: Well, also, here's the other thing, And this is where I'm super skeptical. If you were to be like Nick, what do you know more than the average person about? And what are you nearly an expert in? Be like, Okay, it's a narrow that's a narrow thing, but I have things. I certainly am almost an expert in broadcasting just because I've done it my whole career. I'm I think i'm, you know, almost an expert, if not an expert in sports history and you know, data and information and I oddly I am not an expert, but I know way more than the average person about American history, most notably from the beginning of the Civil War to the passage of the Civil Rights Act because that one hundred years, I've really studied other stuff, you know, I just know what I know. Folks that somehow on every hot button issue have it clocked like, oh, you're full of shit, Like there's no chance you have the informed opinion on the origin of COVID, how vaccines are made, chromosoonal issues in regards to transgenderism. Those three topics have nothing to do with each other. You got them all down, Like, that's a very unique set of skills you're dealing with here. And by the way, you also seem to, you know, dabble when necessary in you know the best ways to put down social unrest within a city if there's a riot. You know that one who the next vice president of the United States should be picked based on electoral maps? You know that one. Like you're all phony experts, you're all you all are just so coughing. You know this.
Speaker 1: Michael Jordan couldn't hit a baseball, and he's arguably the best athlete in NBA history. I mean couldn't hit a baseball. Randy Moss tried to play basketball, so did Roy Jones.
Speaker 3: Guys, oh, I left one out. Sorry, I left one out. By the way, in the middle of those other things, you became a legit expert on Eastern European wars and the best way to litigate those like I don't. I I don't believe you. I just don't.
Speaker 4: What I believe is you know the way you want the world to be, and you will pretend you have the expertise to give yourself the authority on how it should be.
Speaker 1: Well, I told you, I've told you there's an explosion. This will take a few minutes. But there's been an explosion in conspiracy theories over the last ten years. And it's actually very explainable. I mean, there was always the occasional conspiracy theory. It is now an epidemic. Why because conspiracy theorists need an explanation for all the cultural changes. We've had more cultural changes due to the technology that is in front of us than ever before. And people studies have shown that are conspiracy theorists tend to need answers. They're not as culturally irrelevant, they're not as socioeconomically relevant, they're not as popular as they think they deserve, and so they need answers. So they say, well, this is why this is happening. It's rigged, not even elections. Just so what you're finding, there's an explosion of conspiracy theories and they're by people that want simple answers that things changed and they can't explain it. And I mean, they're doing studies on conspiracy theories. Why are they exploding? And it's because tech has I mean, good God, in my business. In the last three years, the whole fucking thing has turned upside down. My whole business, I mean, podcasts didn't exist. Now I own a company. You know that's a podcast company. I mean, the whole world's changed. Radio and cable TV, my favorites, they're regressing fast quickly. So again it's what I have gotten to a point where the conspiracy theory guy is it's like sports fan every time their team loses, says, well it was rigged, or it's the officials. I just don't have time, like I just I know people Joe Rogan, but it's like Joe, not everything is a conspiracy.
Speaker 3: Come on, well, but so listen, and again I'm fine with healthy skepticism. I'm fine with that. I'm fine with you know what I mean, with not taking you know, just what the government tells you as gospel immediately as they tell you. A great fine with I'm fine with all of that. It's healthy, what right, what I'm what I'm honestly and this is and then all you know, this is finished the glass of wine, which means I'm probably being maybe a little more casual with my thoughts than I otherwise would be. What I'm not fine with is people that I know to be dumb pretending they have figured out super complicated issues. I'm just not okay with it. And you mentioned and I'm not listen. I'm not trying to shit talk Joe Rogan. But I saw, you know, the clips from his last stand up, the one that just came out, Yeah, and I'm like, man, this is the guy. This guy is the one that is shaping public opinion on really important things. The guy that thought it was on the board that the State of the Union was a taped speech because he hadn't quite figured out the entire Congress, including two hundred and fifty Republicans, are there standing or booing or clapping. That guy's a thought leader on everything. By the way, Joe Rogan definitively thought leader and deserved on UFC stuff, how to build a popular podcast, maybe number one draft pick in the world on those two topics. You don't get to be the thought leader on every topic. I mean, I guess you do, but you're not going to be incredible. And that's why that's why to bring it back to where you started on this, I don't get there are so many times people are like, you're afraid to talk about and the answer is no, I, who have a pretty big ego, have the humility to know, Man, there's people that know a hell of a lot more about this than me. I'm gonna let them figure it out, at least the beginning parts of it before I form my opinion. And it's so hard right now for folks to a agree on what a trusted sources in order to get the data to form an opinion. And it's so hard for people to say, man, that one's hard, that one's complicated. Nobody wants nothing. For some reason, nothing's allowed to be complicated. Like I again, I will. I'm gonna wade into really murky ground, but I'm going to go ahead and say it, and I'm not afraid to. I think basically all foreign wars are complicated, and I haven't dedicated my life to figuring that out. I know some people have. And I'm a really smart guy. I don't know much about a lot of the rest of the world. I know nothing about warfare. And the number of people who just confidently say no, this is black and white and simple, and here's how you fix it, Like here's how you fix it, Like, man, if it was that easily fixable, I think it had been fixed. Like I'm not acting like nothing is simple, But the amount of people that just rush to this super complicated issue that multiple PhDs are trying to figure out I solved during my lunch break, I just don't buy. I just don't trust those people. I just don't trust those people. I mean, I don't think they should be taken seriously.
Speaker 1: I just watched the documentary on Iran Contra Oliver North and it was so good and so fascinating and it took years and years and years for it to get uncovered. They still don't have all the answers.
Speaker 3: But where was that? What was that on? What service? Do you know?
Speaker 1: I think it was? I think it was Netflix. I mean I I basically in the football season, I don't watch it, and then once the football season ends, I watch.
Speaker 3: It every day.
Speaker 1: Like my my viewing is documentary, yeah, Labor Day until Super Bowl and then I just go documentaries Netflix. That's where I go and so and I. By the way, I don't have time. I get one or two really good books a year, maybe three, and I do it when I fly. That's why I like to fly. It forces me to sit down and you know, really dive into a book. I'm gonna do it this week when I fly to Chicago. But my my history books are documentaries and i'll watch two, like like, i'll watch two or three on a Saturday before I go out.
Speaker 3: Yep, love it. By the way, that's the the I'll give one. I'm gonna plug one one podcast that's not mine or yours, but is a it's a popular ones, but it's also there's a podcast called Hardcore History.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the guy releases three a year. They're four to five hours long. And when like I listened to him when I play poker, and it's you know, it's like, hey, you ever wondered how Alexander the Great became Alexander the Great? Well, here's four hours on his father for real, and that's what it is. And it's this guy basically reading you a book on you know, world hist but it's you know, his podcast. But I'm the reason I thought of that is I love that podcast. But during football season, I can't even listen to that during football because during football season there's so much watching a football, consuming football information, doing all this stuff and then those other six months a year, I can try to become a well rounded human being. But you know, I only got a month left because then football's coming again.
Speaker 1: Remember when the Hollywood writers went on strike and every that lasted. Remember that I had a theory that Netflix knows when it gains and loses subscribers. The streaming services all do. And one of the reasons that this this strike was happening a big chunk of it during the football season is they wanted to clean up all their books because when the streaming services started, Remember, okay, yeah, you are trying. You are trying to buy who could buy the globe first, who could win the global race because we'd maxed out on domestic subscribers, and so all of them blew through their budgets only none of them, even Netflix for a long time didn't make any money. And eventually they're like, okay, the subs are we've kind of reached we've reached mass consumption. And they looked at their books and said, shit, we've got to clean these up. All of them did, outside of Netflix. They all had to. So they decided to strike during the football season, saying this is the time that nobody we lose subs. We're not going to do We're not going to do heavy production during this time. We're just going to rerun a lot of our stuff because this is the time of the year that the people to watch us don't like sports. If you do, we just lose men. And then the minute you get close to the end of the football season, they got the strike figured out, They're like, okay, now we have to create new stuff because here come the men and women back into our streaming service. And that was my you.
Speaker 3: Know, I mean, like, I don't know if that's totally right, totally wrong, or somewhere in between, but it's a good theory. I whether it's right, by the way, I don't you know.
Speaker 1: As I say, Joe Rogan has a few two committee conspiracy theories. That's my big one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But so that's the thing. And this is where we can leave it, because you and I both do traffic in somewhat wacky ideas theories. Hey, this occurred to me. But to go back to where we started, it's all about the fluff of life. Like I don't I feel entitled entitled the wrong word, but I'll use it. I feel totally entitled to come on your show and be like, hey, I just got a feeling Dak and Bill Belichick are going to be both with the Giant next year. And but and and if someone's like, what's that based on him? Like, my gut, it makes sense. I know enough about Bill and Dak and the salary cap that it's plausible, and I just think it makes sense. But if you were to really push me on it, like well, or have you talked to anyone? No? Of course not. Have you do you know Bill? No? Do you know Dak? No? Do you know the mar family? No? I just it's my gut feeling. So really I don't know anything, but it makes sense and I and I truly think it's gonna happen. What I wouldn't do is be like, here's why the vaccine was a fraud. It's like, oh, wasn't it. Have you studied this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Have you did you talk to anyone? No? Do you do you know anything? No? I'm just guessing. It's just my gut because that shit matters, like it's I think, having wacky, fun gut feeling theories. It's nice things about being about sport in sports. Yes, if I'm wrong the day and then I then we should go. It's been ninety minutes. The biggest day of my career was July fourth, twenty sixteen, filling in for you because three minutes before the show started, Kevin Durant picked the Warriors and ESPN and ESPN two was in Wimbledon. I was filling in for you because it's fourth of July and the biggest story in the sports world. I'm the only person you know. I'm We're the only network doing it, and I it's my second time ever filling in for you, and I still to this day, I think that day changed my whole career. The Herd popped a huge number. I handled it well and whatever. That day on the air, on the air, biggest day of my career. I floated the idea that what if this is just a double cross Kevin Durant was doing. This has been lost to the history, which was because when because Durant couldn't sign yet, he could just verbally commit, but in order to do that, the Warriors had to let Harrison Barnes leave. And I was like, what if Durant is actually planning on staying with Oklahoma City but they just blew a three to one lead to Golden State, and he wants to make them worse, so he tells them I'm coming. They let Harrison Barnes leave, and then on July seventh, when he can sign, he does the ultimate villain move, which is like, I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying with the Thunder. To this day, it's one of my favorite sports theories ever. It was totally ridiculous. It had no chance. He wrote an article for the What Have the Players Tribune, but I really believed. I was like, I know, legally he can do this. It would be an amazing thing. And I talked about it on the air thirty minutes after he signed with the Warriors. I was like, unless it was just wacky, goofy stuff, fun, but it's sports, so gives a ship like it's totally fine. That's why our job's the best.
Speaker 1: My most important day was this moment because I live in the moment and this podcast.
Speaker 3: What a jerk.
Speaker 1: All right, buddy, this was great.
Speaker 3: This is great. I'll talk to you later, see it later the volume.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for listening. If you've enjoyed the podcast, take a moment, rate and review