Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: But let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Stephen Carroll and I'm joined by our breaking news editor Louise Moon. Louise, good morning. Let's start with Unilever. A downgrade for them.
Speaker 1: Indeed, yes, a downgrade by Kepler from a buy to a hold. Now they had had Unileva as a buye since twenty twenty one, so quite a big change in that sense from them. They're saying that yes, Unileva is a safe play when it comes to AI, so obviously that we've seen throughout the market's worries of AI disruption. But they're saying, yes, it is a safe play. So that's the positive end. But they see better value elsewhere across Europe in the space, in the FMCG space, and so therefore they're seeing limited near term upside essentially, so they've downgraded them. It follows results from the Unilever last week that saw shares fall on the back of that. They gave quite cautious guidance for twenty andy six. They're warning of slower market in the US in the US, which is offsetting growth in emerging markets. They've also had a bit of a slow start to the year, and in the even wider context, it comes in the middle of their big turnaround. So they've been embarking on a turnaround for quite a while now, and the main part of that is kind of streamlining and selling off brands that don't necessarily scale more internationally, focusing on their core products and focusing on boosting them and growing them.
Speaker 4: That is under their CEO, who joined last.
Speaker 1: March, but he's continuing in continuing previous plans. It's been long ongoing and investors have largely welcomed it, so shares have risen since the CEO took over. But their results last week and this downgrade today shows that there's still kind of a lot of barriers to overcome and a lot still to be done to convince investors that their turnaround is taking shape and has legs going forward as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's one story and focus from Markets Applied Nutrition. Meanwhile, there shares up six point eight percent. What's driving that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had a update this morning.
Speaker 1: Essentially all quite positive going forward for Applied Nutrition and Shares, as you say, are reacting well on the back of this. So this was a This is their third guidance hike in a row.
Speaker 4: And you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Always quite an interesting company to talk about in the sense of it only listed relatively recently in the UK, so it's one of the rare listings that we've seen in the UK. So it's an interesting one to keep an eye on to see how they're doing. But as I say, they've boosted guidance. They're saying there's a lot of demand for their products and diversification across the high street, big push obviously into health, so that's really benefiting them and their shares this morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, and now we're also watching shares this morning in well Well the artists formerly known as Boohoo, which is now known as Dead as down ten percent. What's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the big drop for them is the most since August and extending drops that we've been seeing. So they've had drops of about one percent over the past twelve months. So the latest news is they're planning an acuity raise of about thirty five million pounds and some of the company directors are participating in that, also holding talks with lenders for what they say, to give them greater financial flexibility for their turnaround. So analysts saying that investors might be a bit dismayed of their financial situation. They did reaffirm guidance for twenty six and twenty twenty seven, but you know, potentially a bit of dismay around their current situation.
Speaker 4: As you say, they.
Speaker 1: Rebranded, So they've rebranded last year to Debenham's Group from Boohoo and trying to turn themselves around a total overhaul really to turn themselves into quite an asset light model. So that's still taking place. It's still going on. There's also a lot of pressure from Mike Ashley, who's one of their shareholders.
Speaker 4: He's been pushing for board representation.
Speaker 1: So they're kind of deep grappling with a lot of the moment and this actually Raises is the latest part of that, so not being taken too well.
Speaker 2: This morning the Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.