Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Nick shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and.
Speaker 4: The official Dallas Cowboys at now.
Speaker 1: Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: It is a Monday morning here inside the SWBC podcast studio, and I thought I'd checked my headset, and that's there.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: We got early, it is and this, oh now, this is the way you start off, all right. This will get you a kickstarted for an NFL draft to week. In twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Bill's the only one that can do a thirty minute sports special and twenty eight of it was the draft on a day that the Mavericks played.
Speaker 4: And the day before the Stars played and the Rangers played. In Scottie Scheffler, Well, he was en route to winning a tournament, which he did this morning. He got Yeah, he got off to the best start of this week as he didn't have to do much. He was two over par and won a golf tournament this morning at Hilton Head And so maybe that bodes well for Dallas this week Draft week.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's so that's a major stretch.
Speaker 3: I'll like with your bill. All I could think of with the Mavericks getting their ass beat in.
Speaker 5: Just the first January, it was like the cloud that hangs over the Cowboys with that lost to Green Bay still exists because I had to compare the Mavericks loss to what the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we haven't seen a game like this since oh January.
Speaker 1: Yes, they did.
Speaker 4: They They may not have, but I did.
Speaker 3: No. That was the popular opinion last night on sports and morning on the radio.
Speaker 4: It reminded me of that.
Speaker 3: Fortunately, they get six more games if they can.
Speaker 4: Right, that's the difference between the NFL. You're one and done in the NFL.
Speaker 3: If you play like that, score what eight points in the second quarter, that's what ye.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm the stars man now, so that's.
Speaker 4: Right to hear it.
Speaker 6: You guys went to the I didn't go to the well, it just happened the playoff game.
Speaker 2: But I'm looking the last game.
Speaker 3: You went to a fan appreciation Yeah, man, it was fun, was a good game.
Speaker 6: Stuck around for some T shirts. But you know, of course they didn't shoot anyto the black people.
Speaker 7: Because they knew you were exactly it was only a few of us stuck out and my baby brother.
Speaker 6: We were there. Had a good time though. They kicked but uh yeah, everything was cool. They started off kind of slow, many.
Speaker 8: They did, and then they picked it up, picked it up.
Speaker 9: The third period.
Speaker 2: We knew they would, We knew they would. It was, it was. It was really nice to see.
Speaker 6: And I wish I could go to a playoff game if someone had some tickets around.
Speaker 4: Does anyone does anyone work over there.
Speaker 7: And anybody have a connection.
Speaker 6: He doesn't have to take a guy. It could be a female. You just never know exactly.
Speaker 9: We never know. Maybe some playoff tickets will wind up in your account.
Speaker 6: That would be great, especially you want more diverse one more that audience.
Speaker 4: You know, it's what we're saying, a big Hamilton Park, crowded hockey crowd.
Speaker 6: I'll bring a Native American with me. I can bring all count of people with you.
Speaker 3: Well, now that I know that, if someone doesn't want to go with me Wednesday night, I'll think about you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, please do oh yeah, let me take it?
Speaker 4: Yeah please do?
Speaker 2: Please do?
Speaker 3: You know it's hard though, sometimes when you don't have like a lot of friends.
Speaker 2: You stop, it stops bags. This is not the moment for that.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like you're trying to I want to. It's gotta be somebody special to sit with you for three hours.
Speaker 2: That would be yeah, I can.
Speaker 7: You are going on the jumps intense, bro, that's gonna be real intense.
Speaker 3: I don't think the jumpbo trod shoots where I sit.
Speaker 4: All right, So, what a big week you have, Savannah.
Speaker 8: I have one of the busiest weeks I think so far. So Round one Stanley Cup playoffs start tonight against the Vegas Nights.
Speaker 9: This is the revenge series. That's what I'm calling.
Speaker 8: So very excited. Wednesday morning, fly to Detroit. So I will miss the Stars game here at home Wednesday night, but I will be in Detroit, US.
Speaker 2: I'll be looking at bags.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: He'll be way up there. I'll be down there, way up there.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what are you doing in Detroit?
Speaker 9: In Detroit?
Speaker 8: Many many things. We have a few events kicking off Wednesday afternoon. We have a Q and A with Commissioner Roger Goodell.
Speaker 9: Yes, will be very nice.
Speaker 8: And then Thursday we'll do some draft theater tours with some groups out there, and then we'll watch the red carpet. I have a couple of video guys coming with me from our team here and we'll go watch all the prospects that are going to be in Detroit walk the red carpet and then we will be there on the floor watching all the calls.
Speaker 9: All looks.
Speaker 2: What about the fashion correspondence? Right? You have to have one right because the guy is going to be coming out that dress to the knights.
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm like, I'm going to pull.
Speaker 2: Out that.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna say, Hi, who are you wearing today?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Exactly, Bill, you should have hired her to do you on the spot.
Speaker 4: I was thinking I was thinking about that driving in that we could do we do a FaceTime zoom whatever, We could do that and you are a reporter there.
Speaker 3: And she might get a chance to be a part of the interview for whoever the Cowboys take.
Speaker 8: If that is the case, I'm so excited. We'll see if you have a prospect there.
Speaker 2: So come with who this person is gonna be?
Speaker 4: You think the Cowboys are gonna pick it twenty four?
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: You're gonna move up. No, not gonna move up, move down, No ammunition to move up.
Speaker 3: Move down?
Speaker 2: And the bullets out of bullets, that's right.
Speaker 3: You know what we ought to do of the course of this show is figure out if they should move down five guys at different positions that might be there and decide, Okay, which one of those five would you take?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Since Bill has a seven round draft, I got.
Speaker 4: A seven round mock draft.
Speaker 3: And he knows what all the teams in front of the Cowboys are going to do, so they can get that guy right in the sixth round.
Speaker 6: That's right, in the sixth fare Bill could be somewhat. I have a nerdy out, yeah, and a little bit off the wall.
Speaker 2: I have to say that because you know you you don't come with the hours I spend.
Speaker 4: That's why I've got this big notebook.
Speaker 2: You come in here when you're at the end of everything, you know, like IM.
Speaker 4: Come up with crazy Ideaszy. You're looking at prospects at two o'clock in the morning, and they all have to do.
Speaker 6: With someone that played football in the state of Texas, especially.
Speaker 4: In the right That's why we're drafting Trey Taylor in the seventh round out of Risk Star High School, the safety from Air Force.
Speaker 2: There you go, no.
Speaker 3: One else will take him no.
Speaker 2: No, he is.
Speaker 4: He probably could go in the sixth round.
Speaker 8: As a matter of Okay, you know we talked about six Darius Robinson. Yeah, you're you're a Missouri guy. He's going to be one of the prospects. He is on site in Detroit.
Speaker 4: He's from Detroit.
Speaker 3: Well, since you brought that up. In case you guys did not hear what Stephen Jones had to say on Friday on one five to three the fans.
Speaker 4: Let's hear it.
Speaker 3: He was talking about the defense and he said, because I asked him what might change with Mike Zimmer coming in being the defensive coordinator, And he said, I think anytime you bring in a new coordinator, you're going to have changes, And certainly Mike brings an edge coaches in a different way than Dan. Dan was very successful in the way he did it, But I think Mike has been very successful in this league in the way he does it, and certainly philosophically, will have more of a three linebacker system rather than two linebackers in three safety system that Dan preferred. I think the other thing, I think will probably look to be bigger and stronger in the middle. I think obviously our Achilles heel the last two or three years has been stopping the run.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 2: Man, they figured it out. That's good.
Speaker 3: I wrote like a thousand words on it saying this is music to my ears because that's what we've been talking about linebackers and being able to stop the run.
Speaker 6: Well, would you say, for in dan Quinn's defense, that it's how he was working with what he had.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Having said that, though, I do know that the the ones who are making the draft picks listen intently to the coaches. Two. And so the coaches do have input in Okay, this is what we need on the roster. I need X number of linebackers, I need X number of defensive linemen on the team.
Speaker 3: And so that's the coaches safety.
Speaker 4: The coaches are factor. They want to get players that fit whatever the coach's scheme is. And uh so, when Lton vander esh go down with an injury in October and marve On Overshown has already gone down with an injury in August, actually what needed to be set before the season even started was a depth at the linebacker position in case those injuries occur. And then when Overshown goes down about picking up somebody when cuts are made that you can fortify.
Speaker 3: The position more so than Rashaan Evans.
Speaker 4: And Rashaan Evans was a guy who was a Trialy agent who you know had wasn't in a camp with anybody, and then they brought in for briefly. And but anyway, the coaches have input on that. They're talking to them all the time. Right So if if Dan Quinn says I've got to get a linebacker, they're going to do everything they can to get him a linebacker.
Speaker 3: Well, and if you think about what took place the year before, it wasn't out of injuries, but they wanted to play jay Ron Curse as a big linebacker.
Speaker 4: And see this the point that you're making that Steven's making about Mike Zimmer, He's going into it with a plan. Okay, this is our base defense right here. This is the personnel that we need on this defense. We need to work from a base of three linebackers, not a base of two linebackers. And that changes your entire inventory on your roster.
Speaker 3: And think about it. So we still don't know what Mike Zimmer thinks Michael Parsons is because if he thinks, oh, he's going to play defensive end. Then if they have to play today, they don't have three linebackers, or.
Speaker 4: He may think that that in when you're in your four to three defense, additional four to three line Parsons is a linebacker, right, and then in the nickel he is a rush end.
Speaker 3: And then I need another linebacker just in case somebody gets hurt because they're counting on Demarvian overshown to be one of those top three or four linebackers, which, by the way, watching him work out with Brent doing his rehab, he's moving awfully well, so he should be ready for sure by the start of training camp.
Speaker 6: For some reason, I think I'm the only one that looks at him is undersized, Am I the only one somewhat?
Speaker 3: I mean, he's probably not two thirty now. He might be after spending a year working out and you know, doing weights. But as a weak side linebacker, I think you probably can get away with it, or a linebacker that's gonna play in the changeup defense right when you go to nickel and you want to more of a cover linebacker.
Speaker 6: I could see him as the middle linebacker for the third down or dime defense.
Speaker 8: I can see that, But isn't ca Aeric Kendricks primarily will fill that, right?
Speaker 2: And so if you got even on passing down, if you.
Speaker 3: Got Kendricks, if you got Dimoon Clark and Michael Parsons, there's your three right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But if it's the other way around, then here's another case of your relying on somebody coming back from an ACL to be your third linebacker.
Speaker 8: I think it's still going to take time for him to develop, right.
Speaker 3: So another linebacker is a need, and would you be mad at him if they took a linebacker. I don't know, Bill at twenty eight if there's a linebacker worth taking at that spot. If you trade down.
Speaker 4: Typically the off the ball linebackers are, you won't find them in the first round. I mean you won't need to draft them in the first round. He might have to draft him before you pick in the second round at fifty six, right. And so even though an off the ball linebacker may not get drafted in the first round, a couple of them could easily be off the board by the time you're see round pick rolls around. Isn't there no in that case? In a trade down scenario, you you can you.
Speaker 3: Know, there's a linebacker from Alabama again or am I think in ann.
Speaker 4: Those a and m Eddrian Cooper is an off the ball linebacker. Junior Colson's another one from Michigan, Michigan.
Speaker 3: That's the guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, and he is uh. And he's a guy who's a good would be a great leader of your defense, the guy with a green dot and middle linebacker type. But he's You're probably looking second round for him, but he could be gone before fifty six. Again, So let's go back to what.
Speaker 3: UH Savannah brought up about the defensive tackle Darius Robinson the end of the first round, right.
Speaker 4: He could be, could be into the first round, could be.
Speaker 3: So listening to what UH Stephen Jones said, if they want to get bigger in the middle, well there's another guy that can help play either position.
Speaker 4: It could be middle of the first round. You don't know, right, I Mean that's the thing with all these mock drafts that come out, these so called experts. It's like two guys do a mock draft back in January or they start rating the players, and then everybody, no, but everybody copies off the first the first guy, and so in the media, you get all these people slotted in certain areas of the draft, and I think it's going to be really interesting to see if you follow this stuff. If that you see a guy that's forty fifth on somebody's board goes twentieth in the draft, right, and Uh, there's gonna be a wide array of of Wow, they did that. Well. Actually, they know a heck of a lot more about the players than any of us out here do.
Speaker 6: So what if we have we moved Michael to linebacker right now? We need a defensive end?
Speaker 4: Correct, Yeah, you're already down to defense events at least with Doran's Armstrong and Dante Fowler signing with Washington.
Speaker 6: So we are we not even thinking that that's a possibility to go with a defensive end.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 3: That's why Bill likes Robinson.
Speaker 4: For he's got versatility, he can play.
Speaker 3: Three years at Missouri, he played defensive tackle, clash, he played defensive end, and he was pretty.
Speaker 4: But he's a big. He is a big guy though, he's two hundred and eighty five pounds, and so he would be like a base defensive end.
Speaker 2: He's gonna say, I can't see him getting around this with.
Speaker 4: No, he's not he's not a pen years back come around, you know, and with Ben and whatever. Uh, this isn't Gregory right.
Speaker 8: Right, no, right, But also I feel like they should be planning ahead. Given let's look at DeMarcus Lawrence. He's eleven seasons into the NFL.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't you want to.
Speaker 8: Be strategic if you did pick a defensive end because you have to plan for the future of DeMarcus Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Well, good point, because, by the way, this is the last year of his contract.
Speaker 2: I did not know he'd been on the team twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: How about the twenty fourteen draft, You guys, twenty fourteen draft, you got Zach Martin in the first round and then you traded a second and third round pick to move up to take DeMarcus Lawrence at thirty four.
Speaker 2: I gotta says, he's not playing like he's eleven years in.
Speaker 4: The no and he and the other thing about Darius Robinson, he's got a lot of DeMarcus Lawrence in him as far as leadership goes and so forth. And that's that's the academic All American Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, So of course it's a lot easier to be academic All America when you go to Missouri.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but at least he knows the words to the fight song, because there's words to it.
Speaker 4: I know the words star Fights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like one word too soon unless it's hyphen.
Speaker 4: Okay. So what you want to do on this show, then, yes, is you want to paint a scenario of trading down from twenty four and what might be available for the Cowboys if they did so, like trade down to say thirty or something like that. In fact, in my Big Green Notebook mock draft last night, I had a trade which matched up on the trade value chart where the Cowboys traded their first and second round pick to Baltimore for Baltimore's first, second, third, and fourth round picks.
Speaker 3: So then what the Cowboys did was they too.
Speaker 4: No, but it matched up with the trade value chart, and for Baltimore, what they're doing Baltimore moves up from thirty to twenty four in the first round, they moved up from sixty two to fifty six in the second round, and they already had another fourth round pick and so so basically all they were doing was giving up a third round pick to move up six spots in the first round and a fourth round pick to move up six spots in the second round right target their player.
Speaker 3: Let's work with Okay, we're gonna work with that.
Speaker 4: And you know what I'm gonna do when we come back here, I'm gonna call up a little mock draft simulator, okay, and we'll see who that mock draft simulator says will be available for the Cowboys at pick number thirty. Okay, all right, all right, and then we'll run through five candidates at different positions and we'll figure out who the Cowboys should draft.
Speaker 3: What a show to have at it's draft.
Speaker 2: Do you like that?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, we don't have to do it. I'm not forcing it out.
Speaker 9: I'm here for it.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, we're gonna do that. It's mock draft time when we come back here. On mock shot, I'm on the fin shot.
Speaker 2: I'm on the fence.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And they snapped the press dout. Who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says to eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna rub this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 11: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby the yin to this burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of let us, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice coold koola a journey to footopia.
Speaker 9: Burgers better with pepsi, That's what I like.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a to preserve these legacies. And inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 13: Did you know that're responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, demict shuts.
Speaker 8: The Cowboys aren't the only ones on the clock this spring. Make your pick with the new twenty twenty for draft caps. Visit a pro shop near you or log onto Shop dot Dallascowboys dot com a fanatics experience, and stay ready for the twenty twenty four NFL Draft weekend.
Speaker 4: Okay, I didn't think we're going to do this on this edition of Mix Shots, but Mickey insists that we do a mock draft.
Speaker 9: I thought Everson was supposed to come prepared with one as.
Speaker 4: Well, that was the hamework is simon true?
Speaker 2: That wasn't going to happen.
Speaker 4: There is a Grambling player. By the end of the show, I may convince you I should have taken a Grambling player in the seventh round of the draft. There's an edge rusher from Grambling in person. Okay, all right, So what Mickey wants to do is he wants to trade down from twenty four, and we just threw out a trade scenario with Baltimore. Let's say where they trade down to number thirty and pick up a third and a fourth, which would give the Cowboys now pick number thirty, and it would they also were trading down in the second round to sixty two, Okay, and then they have their own third round pick at eighty seven, Baltimore's third round at ninety three, and then a fourth round pick at one thirty.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't have to be that complicated by them.
Speaker 4: That's not complicated.
Speaker 3: They could trade down to twenty eight pick up for the five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're picking, we're trading down.
Speaker 3: We're just trading down.
Speaker 4: We're trading down from twenty four to thirty, and we're picking up a third round pick. Okay, okay, and the and the reason why, as we all know, that we need to pick up a third round pick, is there are about nine vacancies on the roster that haven't been filled and they only have seven draft picks, so we need to get to nine draft picks to fill these vacancies.
Speaker 2: Soice good.
Speaker 4: Okay. So I'm using the Pro Football Network mock draft simulator here and I am starting the draft right now, and Caleb Williams is the number one pick of the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 3: Shocking.
Speaker 4: It's going very fast here. We're moving on down, moving on down. Okay, Dallas Turner just went off the board. JJ McCarthy went to the Jets at number ten. Amarus Mimes, big tackle from George's gone, brought Bowers to Indianapolis, Quinnyon Mitchell, j C Lathan, Brian Thomas, Jared vers, Chop Robinson, Nate Kiggins, four, Jackson Powers. Johnson is gone. And here we are. We are at pick number twenty four. You actually have a trade offer from Washington. Dan Quinn's on the phone. Oh okay, he wants would you trade down from twenty four to thirty six to Washington? Oh wait, no, here's this proposal, which is crazy. This is Oh, okay, how about this one. I haven't looked at it. At the value chart, Washington wants to give you thirty six and forty okay for pick twenty four and eighty seven. No, it's not interested, not interested, and it's an even upswap. You're not gay a draft pick. Yeah, okay, all right, we rejected that.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: So at twenty four, okay, Graham Barton is available for you. Okay, do you want Graham Barton, who is the offensive lineman from Duke. He played left tackle his last three years there, he played center in his first year. He projects probably as a center or guard in the NFL. Very smart guy from Duke, and that's exactly what the Cowboys are looking for. That's why I see there are so many people out there saying, yes, we're taking Graham Barton, don't trade down.
Speaker 3: And that's why I see now why people are onto Graham Barton at twenty four. They're using the simulator.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's exactly right there, That is exactly right.
Speaker 3: All right, So just say you found a trades you're at around twenty eight or thirty, and.
Speaker 4: Let's just for everyone's sake, Graham Barton is gone, he's not available. Okay, Okay, so now we're trading we uh all right? In fact, I'm gonna Baltimore trade it up, and they took Graham Barton.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there you go.
Speaker 3: I lost it the whole thing.
Speaker 4: I just hit the wrong butt. Okay. So now I'm moving down to thirty. And here's what's available at thirty. Okay. Tyler Geiton offensive tackle, Oklahoma, Okay, Xavier Worthy wide receiver, Texas Keon Coleman wide receiver, Florida State, Kingsley Sua Mattaya offensive tackle BYU Darius Robinson defensive lineman, Missouri. How many more do you want? Zach Frasier center, West Virginia could stop right there? So what do you want to know?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 3: I want to know from a position standpoint, if all things are equal, what position would you value among those six guys? And trying to figure out if I take this position, is there a lot of another position I need available in the second round? What you have to consider?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 3: You got to consider the depth of the draft, Like if I'm running out of centers, do I need to take one? Or if I need a linebacker, do I need to take a linebacker? And is the value with these wide receivers superseding the other positions?
Speaker 4: And where do you have these players graded on your rights? Just because Zach Frasier, for instance, is listed forty second on this mock draft simulator, you might have him as a third round pick.
Speaker 3: Well, I saw an interesting thing and I'm gonna forget the guy's name. The Morning News had a story on a private workout guy and he's supposed to be the offensive line whisperer and he works out Tyler Smith in the off season, and his contention was, Tyler Smith needs to stay at guard. But when he pointed out, if you want a center, the best center in the draft is Zach Fraser. And that's the guy I brought up.
Speaker 4: Not Jackson Powers Johnson, which is a lot of people have said Jackson Powers Johnson has some injury.
Speaker 3: I was going to point that out. So he said that Fraser would be the pick if you wanted a center over all the other centers that are available. But again, if Darien Robinson's there, Darius Robinson's there, or if there's a wide receiver that you have a high g aid on, what do you do.
Speaker 4: Look at the makeup of the let's just talk wide receiver for a second. Okay, and what the Cowboys have at wide receiver on this team. Obviously you have CD Lamb and you have an aging Brandon Cooks. Ever since, I want to ask you, what would you like to see at wide receiver on this team? Or just look in general at playmakers on this offense. Where is this team as far as playmakers game changers on this offense?
Speaker 6: Oh, we're at the top of the league as far as playmakers are concerned.
Speaker 4: Okay, who are they?
Speaker 2: Ceedee Lamb would be one. Yep. I like Cooks as well as a playmaker. Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's thirty one, thirty two years old.
Speaker 2: Okay, so, which.
Speaker 4: Is fine for this year. Yeah, but this draft is not just for this year. It's for the next especially with the first round pick. You're talking five years here.
Speaker 6: So as far as wide receivers are concern those the only two.
Speaker 2: I like that tight end, How do you like it?
Speaker 4: How do you like the wide receivers? If one of them gets hurt.
Speaker 6: If one of them gets hurt me or I was gonna say, there's a big difference between one and no.
Speaker 4: If C d or Brandon Cooks got hurt. Team said at wide receiver.
Speaker 2: They would not be set well to wide receiver, not at all.
Speaker 4: They were at cornerback last year. Trayvon got hurt at cornerback last year. How were they at cornerback after he got hurt? Yeah, they were. See they were fortified because they had a Duran Bland who can write yea they woke. Yeah, they were. I think at wide receiver. If you first stay of camp CD gets hurt, now what do we do? I mean, it's kind of equivalent there. You got Trayvon, who's one hundred million dollars player got hurt, and they were okay at cornerback, but right now that wide receiver. If your top wide receiver gets hurt, you know you're hurting a wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, the backup. So they they are complimentary players, Tolbert. We have complimentary players.
Speaker 3: And Brooks are nice third receiver.
Speaker 2: Compliment.
Speaker 3: But if you have to move them up to number two and then who's number three, you're sitting there, gone.
Speaker 4: You're back to twenty seventeen after Jos left and you were in between, then you wound up trading for Amari Cooper.
Speaker 3: Unless you think Darden is it dark.
Speaker 4: He available, maybe you can get him for a fifth round available.
Speaker 10: Out there.
Speaker 4: So my point on that is, when we're looking at these positions, okay, they're not all the same as far as okay, there's a defensive lineman available, there's a center, there's an offensive tackle. There's when you're talking the offensive tackles Kingsley Sua Mattia or Tyler Geiton at number thirty, well, he's like, they're like the eighth There's already been seven offensive tackles that were drafted before then, and so you're so far down on the pecking order. It's not the same as here's the fourth wide receiver that you can get when you in a draft week. The top three wide receivers went in the top ten picks in the draft. So I like this keyon Cole from Florida State. Though you know what he is ceed Lemb's cousin too.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I saw that.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, he he he is explosive. The problem is he ran a four six forty but on the gauntlet at the Combine, they had they had a gun on him and it was twenty miles an hour run of the gauntlet, which is way faster than anybody else doing it.
Speaker 3: And if you see a high speed highlight film, making a one handed over the head catch had nothing to do with for six speed.
Speaker 4: I've done a lot of study on Keon Coleman, and I love him. There's another wide receiver out of South Carolina, Xavier Legett, who I really love too. He's another big, He's a big. These are both bigger wide receivers ever since six two two and fifteen pounds.
Speaker 3: He's the second coming with.
Speaker 6: See this draft guys, but I always will, We'll always you.
Speaker 2: Know, we gotta have a top guy. We gotta have a top guy.
Speaker 6: You better pick who go well with your team, and he may not be the top guy. You have all of these superbatives from these guys, and it's just so much to where it just becomes white noise.
Speaker 2: To me, it's just white noise. You could get a guy.
Speaker 6: We've got running backs at the in the league right now doing well, and I never.
Speaker 2: Heard of them through the drafts. I don't even know if they even got drafted.
Speaker 6: You've got positions out there and players that can make plays. And obviously you guys can tell I'm thinking anti draft on all this pass and I'm just saying because to me, you can find the player anywhere, and it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't have to be the first pick.
Speaker 6: It doesn't have to be the tenth pick, right, the last guy in that you can find the guy, thank you.
Speaker 4: See That's why that's my point on the whole thing when we're talking about positions. Okay, And that's why I love that I've done all this research on him because I know that there are players throughout this draft that are really good football players who can help they to bem one exactly exactly.
Speaker 8: But I think we need to go back to what is a huge need on this team, like a missing what is something that is.
Speaker 9: Going to help us?
Speaker 4: And there's huge needs on this team at wide receiver, two offensive tackles, two defensive Do we go with the quarterback?
Speaker 2: You go? Do you go? Let's just take the best athlete. Just take the best athlete.
Speaker 4: It's first question.
Speaker 3: In that case with these five or six guys, Darius Robinson might be the best.
Speaker 2: Athlete, Well, we need one. We can pick more than one.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying as far let's say our first three picks, let's say first two picks. Just get the best athlete, right, and then from there we be strategic.
Speaker 3: So do you want the best defensive tackle available there, the best center avail there, a wide receiver, or the fifth or sixth best offensive tackle.
Speaker 2: I say you take what you take and live with it.
Speaker 4: Which one is the best, which one is the.
Speaker 3: Best, which one has the best chance to be a Pro Bowl player? And a day one starter?
Speaker 6: Well that's now that's another thing. Which one can be the day one started? That's a good question.
Speaker 7: That is a good question, Zac Frazier, as the all of them, there's so many needs on this team, every single position.
Speaker 4: You can pick seven positions so they can start.
Speaker 3: It would come down to how they have them graded right, And we can make an argument for Fraser Robinson Coleman a worthy worthy And yeah, and I just don't I just don't want this this perception out there that if you don't take an offensive tackle you've screwed up the draft. Because I can get one in the second.
Speaker 4: Round, no doubt.
Speaker 3: And whoever I take, is he better than moving Tyler Smith to left tackle?
Speaker 4: And I'll give you a great example. There's a tackle at offensive tackle. Okay, people are talking, and I'm very familiar with Oklahoma football and I watched Tyler Goyiton play the last couple of years, and as in the so called experts say, okay, he's more of a developmental guy, but he's got all those tools. Okay, boy, the Oklahoma right tackle and he's a right tackle. Yeah, it's all he's played is right tackle. And then I go look at this TCU left tackle who's also played left guard, Brandon Coleman, and I'm going that is a better football player than the one that's projected in the first round. And he's accomplished more in college too than the guy who's projected to be a first rounder. How Tyler Geiiten's got the look, whatever. But Brandon Coleman, let me just show you. I'm Brandon Coleman, offensive tackle who's projected on the In this little mock draft simulator, they got him like with a fourth round grade. Dame Brugler had him sixty sixth on his list.
Speaker 3: The wide receiver.
Speaker 4: This is no Brandon Brandon offensive lineman.
Speaker 2: Ok.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's Brandon Coleman at TCU. He started this past year seven starts at left tackle, four at left guard. The previous year National Championship game he's played. He started at left tackle for fifteen games all year. The year before that, he was an eight game starter at left guard, so he's got position flexibility there. But my point on him is he ran at six four and a half three hundred and thirteen pounds with thirty four and a half inch arms and nearly eleven inch hands. Four. Okay, Tyron Smith ran a four nine to three at six five three oh seven, a thirty four vertical. Tyron Smith was a twenty nine vertical, a nine to six broad jump. Tyron was a nine to one, a seven forty cone drill. Tyron was a seven forty seven. It's almost identical numbers to Tyron Smith. I'm not saying he's Tyrons Smith with the fourth round because because he hasn't gotten the same kind of a claim that others have gotten. I mean, it's he's flowing.
Speaker 14: He's lower on the because and because there are like seven six seven, three hundred and forty pounds offensive offensive tackles from Alabama who are projected to be going.
Speaker 4: The first round. Yeah, ok so all these other tackles have been pushed down.
Speaker 9: What about Jordan Morgan from Arizona. What do you have on him?
Speaker 8: Because I've heard a lot of things as far as him potentially fitting in on this Cowboys roster, Like, what are your thoughts there?
Speaker 4: He's a nearly six five, three hundred and twelve pounds. One of the interesting things on him that I find interesting when you consider who the offensive line coach is with the Cowboy Mike Selari, who was on the Pete Carroll's staff at Seattle for four years. The offensive coordinator at Arizona is a guy by the name of Brennan Carroll, who is Pete Carroll's son, and Brennan Carroll was the assistant offensive line coach under Mike Selari at Seattle before he took the Arizona offensive coordinator job. So if anybody knows anything or has inside info on Jordan Morgan at Arizona, it would be Mike Selari, the offensive line coach from the Cowboys. I haven't looked at him that closely, but he is amongst about a dozen offensive tackles who could be taken in the first one hundred picks of this draft, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So if you take a tackle to me, he's got to be able to also play guard, all right. And so if I find out that Tyler Smith is the best tackle for left tackle on this team. If I take an offensive lineman, that guy's got to be able to beat out TJ. Bass for the starting left guard spot. He's got to be that versus. And how many times have the Cowboys taken a tackle and played them at guard to start their careers. It's happened several times so and including the last time Layel Collins. When he first got here, he started at left guard and then they moved him to right tackle. So I want a guy if I'm thinking right, because what if I get this first round guy and he just can't handle as a rookie left tackle? What do I do with him? Well, I got to move Tyler Smith out there. Otherwise I'm talking about using well, let's go or awesome, Awesome Richards or some young guy that hasn't played. I can't do that at left tackle.
Speaker 8: So, with where we're at right now, if you take brock Hoffman and then you have TJ.
Speaker 9: Bass, who would you rather keep at.
Speaker 3: That position as a starter?
Speaker 8: Yes, who would you rather trust as a starter there? Would that maybe dictate what you do in this draft?
Speaker 3: Which is a really good question because TJ. Bass i thought played decently when he had to come in as a backup. I don't know what they think of Hoffman. Hoffman did okay at center. So they're both kind of question marks on full time guys because I don't think either one started more than two games last year, and they were both came into the league as undrafted free agents.
Speaker 4: Nothing against undrafted free agents.
Speaker 2: Nothing at all.
Speaker 6: Nothing, nothing at all, nothing at all. We represent the league very well.
Speaker 4: All right, We continue with more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 15: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 2: Would a pair.
Speaker 15: Can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday Morning Swager Brisket and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Creek, the America's team playing America's greatest spool Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three miliber Own Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 13: Did you know they're responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone. Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts at AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 11: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping. There's no topping of cool PEPSI finish nachos better with PEPSI.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 1: Mixed Shots.
Speaker 8: Come out to the Star in Frisco for Dallas Cowboys Draft Weekend, presented by Miller Lte. The party starts on Thursday, April twenty fifth at six thirty pm. Enjoy live draft coverage, player appearances, live performances.
Speaker 9: And more.
Speaker 8: On Friday, come back for Draft Night out with alumni and DCC appearances at Miller Lighthouse. Then finished strong on Saturday with the Draft five K presented by Baylor Scott and White Health. For more details, VI was a Dallascowboys dot com slash draft.
Speaker 3: We should do a Mixed Shots five K.
Speaker 4: Okay, you go do it, and you tell us that you could walk?
Speaker 2: Yeah he could.
Speaker 9: I won't be here, sorry, guys, Yeah, all right with you? The Draft five You can do.
Speaker 4: It virtually from Detroit.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, how are they gonna have a draft party with you and Detroit?
Speaker 9: I asked myself that question.
Speaker 4: Never does same way. How can we get through mix shots brought to you without Mickey? Well, we can we manage?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that might be coming up.
Speaker 4: Let's check in on last year's first round draft pick, Mazzi Smith.
Speaker 2: What do you know? Well?
Speaker 3: Stephen Jones talked about the defensive tackle position when he was asked and he said, I think the philosophy Zim brings to the table fits what Mazi did at Michigan. He went on to say, we have a lot of resources tied up in Mazi. What you pay a first round pick, and using a first round pick on him, I think he fits more into what Zim does than maybe what Dan was trying to get out of him. So I think that will be a big plus for us. So I'm not sure. It kind of sounds like he's saying we've already used the first round pick on a defensive tackle. We sort of trust him, at least that's what he's saying, and we're paying much money there, So would you do that a second time in a row at the same position. I think Darius Robinson is more versatile than Mozzy Smith. Mozzi Smith an anchor as a nose. Darius Robinson can play the nose the three technique, and he can play defensive end, so it's not exactly the same guy.
Speaker 2: So he's a better athlete.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, more versatile. And again Osa is going into the final year of his deal if I remember correct, So again you could qualify taking the defensive tackle because I could see our defensive end. However, you look at him because they need a defensive end, right, who's a defensive end right now?
Speaker 4: De Marcus Lawrence, Sam Williams.
Speaker 3: And Michael Parsons as a pass rusher. Maybe we don't know if he's a full time defensive yeah, right, maybe I out of necessity depending on what they get in the draft, right, if you get a linebacker, or maybe he can play more defensive end. I still say if you watch him down in and down out at defensive end, he gets neutralized more times than not, even though he's got all these pressures, which is great, But what about when they decide we're going to run at a two hundred and fifty pounds.
Speaker 6: He's had issues all year long, right, all year long, He's had issues. Sometimes he even has issues finding the ball at defensive end because they started to work him mentally, right, they wanted to they would keep him honest with the play action and so sometimes he's even taking a play action fake and there wasn't even the play action fake.
Speaker 2: But that just lets you know how confused things.
Speaker 6: Can be out there, no matter how good you are, if you're out of position certain plays and they decided to take advantage of you, they're going to take advantage of you.
Speaker 3: And we saw and if I need to remind everybody about stopping the run. And we talked about this two months ago. What Jordan Love had to say when Micah Parsons interviewed him at the Super Bowl, and he was very politely brought up right.
Speaker 2: Away, politely but candidly.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to like talk on school. Yeahacker, he said, just going against y'all. I'm not trying to talk smack, but y'all linebackers. I think y'all had a defensive back playing linebacker. That was our goal to run the ball. That was going to set everything else up. And he started off saying, and we saw last year we ran the ball against you.
Speaker 6: And it was mostly up the middle and to the right right offensive right to the up the middle into the offensive right.
Speaker 4: All right, we're final minute here, and when we next convene, the Cowboys will have a bunch of new players on this team. Next Monday, hopefully eight. Well at least well, actually I have a lot more than that college free agents. Have you looked at the quarterbacks at all?
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 4: At the top of the draft, I have, Okay, Washington, cold's the key to the draft. We know Caleb Williams to going to Chicago, and so what Washington does at number two is going to be very interesting. Jayden Daniels is and Drake May and then McCarthy has entered the Fray also, It's going to be very interesting to see what happens.
Speaker 3: I just got a feel for what they want to do that with.
Speaker 4: Cliff Kingsbury as the offensive coordinator, I think it's got to be Jayden Daniels. Yeah, I love you hope that Bill. You hope as a Cowboys fan, you hope Washington picks someone other than Jaden Dad. Okay, that's what That's what I wanted to get out of.
Speaker 3: You just confirm me May They I think May would be the other choicer.
Speaker 4: Right, Drake May from North Carolina? Right, So, okay, any parting words from anybody, let's go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can say something way off off track. I didn't know Bill Parcell's name was Dwayne. I did not know this. This is I'm gonna call him and call him Dwayne.
Speaker 4: That is I did not know that, Dwayne William It's Dwayne.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, well, Dwayne Charles. He took Bill as a as a nickname. It wasn't even his real name. Bill is not his real name.
Speaker 2: He's not even anywhere in Dwayne Charles. I'm just saying.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, I'm gonna call them and get I gotta get the story on that.
Speaker 2: See what's going on.
Speaker 3: It's it's the part Italian in them. People always end up with nicknames.
Speaker 4: Where you come up.
Speaker 3: We don't know where I came up.
Speaker 4: Have fun in Detroit, have fun at the Stars game first tonight.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'll be there right b Spags, I'll be there.
Speaker 4: And you're going from one hockey town to the other hockey town exactly.
Speaker 8: Football Draft all shout out at you guys from Detroit.
Speaker 4: Okay, very good, and we will shout at y'all after the Cowboys make all their picks on Monday.
Speaker 2: Here on Mickshots, Go Cowboys and Stars.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.