Speaker 1: Transmitting this Welcome to Thursday Show Morning Studio.
Speaker 2: This guy was missing for ten days, but they found him and he was shouldered deep in mud when they found him. It feels like quicksand, but they didn't say quicksand. But for ten days, this guy, Andrew was missing. He was lasting. On Valentine's Day, he was found by the fire department in Palaca, Florida, stuck in mud up to his shoulders. The mud pit was located on a property of a materials company, which is a sand plant. His car was abandoned nearby. People had spotted him nearby, but they say they were lucky to find him. He was in bad shape. They don't know what happened. They just said that he was depressed because of a recent breakup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're not going to dig yourself in mud for that, right, Like are you?
Speaker 4: But I don't know that you think mud would make you.
Speaker 2: I've seen some pretty big mud puddles and I think I could have walked through and got out.
Speaker 3: Man, if your shoulder she was shouldered deep, right, like your shoulder deep, you can't move.
Speaker 2: You're just stuck ten days too, So you're talking about no water now, I don't know, unless he had like some water in his jacket.
Speaker 4: He was wearing like a big car jacket with a hood or whatever.
Speaker 2: But when they find find him, it's dark and there's like ten people digging him out. It's so reminiscent of what Quicksand taught us it was in the nineties, which.
Speaker 4: Was just saying get you. So that was a crazy one.
Speaker 2: Georgia may revoke the driver's licenses of teens who skipped school.
Speaker 5: Yikes, I don't know that.
Speaker 4: What I know, But but didn't you guys skip school? I say, yes, never once. Yeah, you never know.
Speaker 3: When you had a driver's license and they gave you off campus.
Speaker 2: Lunch, call me mister pa Okay, well perfect, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it's probably not a first offense that you take the license away, but there may be once you're you know, what do they call it?
Speaker 5: Like not delinquent. There's a word for truancy.
Speaker 2: Three tarties. They take your license before they take your car. Five they take your house. Georgia teens who skip school may have to forfeit their driver's licenses.
Speaker 4: This is from WSBTV.
Speaker 2: The Georgia Senate overwhelmingly approved the Everyday Counts Act, which would let the state revoke driving privileges from fifty to seven year olds labeled chronically unexcused, meaning five unexplained absences in the first fifty days of school, or ten percent of the days.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't hate it.
Speaker 5: I don't hate it.
Speaker 2: But I never missed. Amy missed a lot of school so much her mom had to walk up to school with her.
Speaker 4: You were charged.
Speaker 5: Whoa whoa, Okay, she was.
Speaker 4: Tarty, got it here. Didn't know what you said? You know what I said.
Speaker 6: Now that's Bobby's version of the story. I didn't miss a lot of school. Did I ever skip some classes?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Isn't that skipping school? Amy, don't be a lawyer, just say it.
Speaker 5: Skipping school would mean the whole day. Also, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: A lot because that teacher you skipped, you skipped her school.
Speaker 6: And then my mom only escorted me to class because I was in that class every day.
Speaker 5: I was just late.
Speaker 4: But she showed up at school unknown.
Speaker 6: She showed up unknown to walk me to class, to show me I was capable of getting there on time, and I was.
Speaker 5: And let me tell you I was never late again. Ever.
Speaker 6: Georgia should be like, Okay, we're gonna have your parents come and walk.
Speaker 4: You to class.
Speaker 2: Some people don't have parents, and that's probably where a lot of this comes from, is like without good environment and influences, you don't make good decisions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's such a baller move from my mom to show up. Yeah, I'm on the second floor where we socialized. That's the floor we hung out on in between classes. And she tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around and I was like, mom, what's wrong. She was like, I'm here to escort you to algebra or whatever, geometry.
Speaker 4: This is the same mom you let step in a hole and ran off from.
Speaker 6: I was much younger then, and I was embarrassed by her. And that's one of my biggest life regrets.
Speaker 5: I know, what is up with.
Speaker 6: You right now bringing up like all my I know I mistreated my mom terribly and I asked for forgiveness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I care. But you were walking with her and she fell in a hole and you just kept walking.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was at a softball tournament and we were walking along and I was so embarrassed that she fell.
Speaker 5: And I should have been like, Mom, oh my gosh, you're okay.
Speaker 6: Instead I was like I don't know her, but I think we had already been pre fighting, Like I was already annoyed with her, but she might already paid me back from the dead for that. My mom had passed away by the time I adopted my kids. When I the first day I became a mom, she paid me back. First day, we were on our way from Haiti to Miami. Once we landed in the Miami airport, I was on one of those moving walkways at the airport and my foot got stuck and I tripped and I fell, and my daughter.
Speaker 5: That I just adopted stepped over me.
Speaker 6: And started laughing, and I was like, okay, Mom, I see you see she yeah, So she all comes around. She got her payback on day one, and she was like, Okay, I'll leave you alone.
Speaker 2: They're calling it skincare and a can from Yahoo. They swear by the ten sardines that you can buy and putting.
Speaker 4: Them on your face.
Speaker 6: Okay, I have seen so much about eating sardines and helping your skin from the inside out, like it'll be a game changer, But I've not.
Speaker 5: Seen anybody laying the sardines on their.
Speaker 2: Face, touting their Omega three fatty acids and skin nourishing benefits. While sardines are nutrient and dense and off for health benefits, experts caution against viewing them as a magic solution for skin care or weight loss. Ultimately, sardines can be a valuable addition to a healthy plan, but they are not a one size fit all solution for skin health.
Speaker 6: I have seen people doing what they're calling a I guess it's a sardine cleanse or fast or something them for three days straight all every meal, breakfast, lunch, and dinner is sardines.
Speaker 4: I'm in Sign me up. We're not asking you. We don't want what's going to happen to your body to be in this room with us. But what is it? Sounds like it's good for your body.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of things good for your body, eating moderation, vegetables.
Speaker 4: Do you like sardines? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think my relationship with sardines are one ninja turtles, and then two that's anchovies.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're right, it's anchoves. I don't like. I don't like anchovies because sardians are the ones in the can.
Speaker 3: You kind of like pull the tab and open it and they're in oil. Or water, whatever you want.
Speaker 2: I'm not anti, but I'm not pro. I don't think i've been around them enough.
Speaker 6: I feel like this is we're still early on in twenty twenty six, but I feel like by the end of the year, it's going to be like the Year of the Sardine.
Speaker 5: Like they're marketing.
Speaker 6: Sardine marketing right now is hot, sort of like when cottage cheese.
Speaker 2: They need it because they're sardine marketing, right They're all sitting around the table, all right, boys.
Speaker 6: It's sort of like twenty twenty four, twenty twenty five, like you couldn't go anywhere without cottage. She's this, cottage, she's that. And I feel like at the end of this year, we're gonna be like sardines is sardines.
Speaker 4: Pancakes, sardine toast. Because Avocado had a good run, like they did a whole thing.
Speaker 5: I feel like Avocado is still.
Speaker 2: Going strong kind of but not the same. Yeah, like there was there was like a two year period of avocado toast. That's what all the cool people are doing.
Speaker 6: But you'll every wonder like how this happens because sardines have been around for a long time, so like what suddenly.
Speaker 5: Causes the boom.
Speaker 4: The numbers.
Speaker 5: It's like a sardine boom right now, Like the.
Speaker 4: Numbers are record low.
Speaker 3: Like, guys, we're gonna lose the sarding industry if we don't start.
Speaker 5: Starting this thing.
Speaker 2: But then they got to dumple much of money into influencers. They like seed influencers to talk about their sardis.
Speaker 6: They're doing something because I swear I can't go five minutes without saying something about sardines.
Speaker 4: Oh, so you're on the sardine algorithm.
Speaker 5: Well, now that goes into her pocket.
Speaker 2: She reached in her pocket, Well I have one here. She's being seeded money from the sardine industry.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: There's a new airline rule. This makes so much sense. I love common sense rules. This is from CBS News. United Airlines has updated its contractive carriage, which requires all passengers to wear headphones when using things that make sounds oh anything.
Speaker 4: It was a rule, like they tell you that, but.
Speaker 2: It's not a rule because you know, when you buy a ticket, you got to click a couple of things you never read.
Speaker 5: Yes, I never read it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we never read any of that. Yeah, we clicked the little boxes and we move on. We buy our tickets in that is now this meaning if you're gonna have a phone, or you're gonna have any sort of music device, you can't listen to it outwardly on the plane.
Speaker 4: You have to have headphones. Amy, did you hear the one on our plane?
Speaker 5: Well, was somebody listening to it loud?
Speaker 4: Is a kid on an iPad and it was loud.
Speaker 6: All I heard was a kid crying, And I felt so bad for the parents.
Speaker 4: Crying because just they just crying.
Speaker 5: I want to get off here?
Speaker 4: Is like, oh they were speaking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like not not they were still really little, but maybe they just started learning to talk, because it was like, I want off plane.
Speaker 5: Like I felt really bad.
Speaker 4: And they started pleading with his dad.
Speaker 2: He's like, daddy please, Is that because their ears hurt or just bored?
Speaker 5: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 6: I feel like they must be in some sort of pain and they're trying to communicate, like I make it stop.
Speaker 2: The University Idaho professor who was the subject of this TikToker. So the professor made ten million bucks. It's TikToker was saying all this crap about him. So remember that murder in Ohio where they killed four people Idaho.
Speaker 4: Say what I say? Ohio, Yes, sorry, Idaho, thank you.
Speaker 2: A University of Idaho professor won ten million dollars after a TikTok tarot influencer pushed a crazy fake conspiracy that they were behind the Savage quadruple murders of four students. A Boise jury in US District Court ordered fortune telling Texas TikToker Ashley Gouilliard on Friday to pay ten million dollars after concluding she falsely accused professor Rebecca Schofield of having a secret romance with one of the four victims and orchestrated the killings. Oh wow, good you can't just say crap. Yeah, what affects people's lives?
Speaker 5: Okay? Good to know.
Speaker 6: Also ten million dollars, Like, I don't know if she if someone doesn't have.
Speaker 5: That kind of money, what do you do?
Speaker 4: Two things? One? Nothing? Two they can garnish wages in some cases.
Speaker 5: Can they do like payment plan where it's that's garnishing wages?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Is that it?
Speaker 2: That's if you work, so they're gonna take some of that money that you work. But if they never work and you make money, they can't garnish. And if it's not there, like so you he can't get them out and do out of turnip. Sometimes you just you don't get the money. Like Ojay, he lost all that money in a civil trial. They never got paid until I think now they're getting some of that money because he died and his estate has some money. They're selling stuff. But yeah, I know it's not always that they get the money. That's crazy. Gooleyard began uploading videos to more than one hundred thousand TikTok followers in November of twenty twenty two, accusing Scofield of a secret relationship with one of the students and had ordered the killings. Millions of views on and on New York Post with story. But I think people get confused on what free speech is. Literally free speeches. You can speak out against the government and not go to jail. That's what it That's all it is. That's not all it is. That is significant. But you can't just say stuff and go free speech. No, no, no, that's what free speech is.
Speaker 4: No, what is this defamation?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Like, if you speak falsely about someone publicly, that I mean that's defamation, right, Yeah, it's sure.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's what exactly this case was. That feels like that's my defamation message up man. Yeah, so remember that.
Speaker 2: One next time someone's like goods free speech, So it's protection from government. That's what free speech is. You can talk about the government bad and they can't come for you because there are some countries that cannot do that. You cannot speak bad about your Yeah, and sometimes here now it's starting to feel like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you have people I speaking of stuff in my algorithm, Like it's like, Hi, please know I am healthy and I'm not going to harm myself.
Speaker 2: That's all politicians. My tires have air, my brakes have been checked. I'm not gonna harm I'm a really good swimmer.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm a good swimmer. I'm also in Congress. It's greazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's Congress, and then there's also yeah, just influencers that are speaking out on certain things.
Speaker 5: And oh man, shoot, what was my thought? I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Want you hold on to it. We'll come back to it.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 7: It's anonymous sin box, anonymous in boss. Here's a question to be.
Speaker 2: Hello, Bobby Bones. I've been on my job for seven years. I've been open with my boss for a long time. About wanting to be promoted. I've had multiple conversations and I'm hearing things like you're close or it's coming, but it never actually happened. Recently, that promotion opened up and it went to a coworker who's only been with a company for four years. When I asked my boss about it, still didn't get a clear answer.
Speaker 4: I'm torn.
Speaker 2: Do I put in another year at this company in hopes I finally get promoted, or do I sign my leave? How do you know when it's time to stop waiting? Signed one? In corporate America? There, Uh, you've waited long enough. But I think you need to have an understanding of is it you or is it them? Because if you've been there seven years and they haven't promoted you, it's a long time. But if you're doing a great job, it isn't their best interest to promote you to do a better job to make them more money. Generally speaking, now unless you have some fight with your boss, and I'm not even doing man woman stuff now, just generally speaking, act like you don't have a wier or a vagina.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's just a it's a kendle, got it.
Speaker 2: Whatever, If you can make your company more money at a job that makes them more money, They're going to put you in that job to make the company more money. Generally speaking, unless you have a fight with somebody, seven years is a long time to not get promoted. So what you have to now internally to understand is it them, which it feels like you think it is here, or is it really you because it could be you and you don't notice. What I would do in this situation is I would say, hey, I need you to give me some exact things that I can do in order to be promoted, because then you can meet those benchmarks. And if you do meet those benchmarks, theyn't promote you.
Speaker 4: That's them.
Speaker 2: But it just feels so vague right now that it's like I'm just going to pass over. You need specifics. I would be upset to now. Again, I don't know the whole story, but seven years is a long time, and I feel like, regardless of sex, that if somebody could provide more value to the company in a more valuable position, you're moving them up. Because it's the boss's job to make the most money for the company.
Speaker 4: You can walk, I'm good with it. If you have something else lined up.
Speaker 2: But what I would do if you're going to stay is say, hey, I'm really well just a franchised by this. I've been here seven years, but can you list specific things I need to hit in order to get a promotion?
Speaker 4: And then if you do that and you don't, they suck.
Speaker 2: But if you're like, oh, I'm not even been close to this once they give them to you, then maybe there's an you can understand a reason.
Speaker 4: Why what do you think?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just feel like the number one thing we all want to feel valued for our time and what we have to offer, and we would need somewhere to go where we can guarantee that value too. You may go somewhere else, and who knows if there's a pay cut, then you don't have the time that the tenure, like the seven years there, and it may take how many years to build back up? So you have to weigh like how long I might take you to finally get promoted where you put in the work then if you transfer somewhere else, because then you're kind of starting over a little bit. So just making sure if you can find a backup plan, that would be great. But I wouldn't just like quit with no plan unless you're trying to like eat, pray, love it or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I stelly got our groove back, but traveling the world, see what's up? Uh Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, if your biggest fear ist are starting over, there's no better time to start over than write this second, because you're starting over now instead of starting over in a year.
Speaker 4: There's just a lot here.
Speaker 2: I would just say, instead of getting mad at something that maybe you don't have all the information on, get some more information. Because if they're just holding you back because you're a woman, first of all, hr second of all, that sucks and you need to get out because that's not you don't need.
Speaker 4: To be in that kind of leadership.
Speaker 2: But it could be things you don't even realize because you haven't asked the right questions. So that'd be my advice there. Most bosses aren't looking to hold people back. Most bosses are looking to just keep their own job, and if they can promote people that makes them look better at their own job, they're going to do that because they also want a promotion.
Speaker 4: That's that on that I can ask.
Speaker 3: You a question about you said, you know, do people think like, oh, doing my job right, I'm doing a really good job at what I'm asked to do. Yeah, but what about like doing above and beyond things. I've worked with people where like they just don't do above and beyond things.
Speaker 2: I'll work with people like that too. I'm glad you've been You brought that up. What I would say to do also is if you don't let your people know that you're going above and beyond all the time, they're never going to know because they're so focused on what their jobs are and they are so underwater with everything that they're doing. They're just gonna notice that the will keeps turning more so than who's turning the wild fastter on certain parts of the wheel. So you need to share your successes with your people because they won't know, not that they don't care, big difference, but they won't know because they're so worried about what's happening in their world and their successes and sharing their successes so they don't get fighter, they get promoted. So when you have successes, you have to share them upward, and you don't have to be like, look, you need that, you don't have to look at me. But hey, just checking in was super proud of the way we were able to handle this boom boom boom.
Speaker 4: It's all in presentation.
Speaker 2: But you got to do that because they're not going to notice, not because they don't care, but because they're so focused on what their job is that as long as the wheel goes around, they're.
Speaker 4: Keeping their job.
Speaker 2: Sometimes some people are pushing harder on the wheel, and those people need be rewarded. But sometimes you don't know who that is. So if you don't celebrate you, nobody else will. That's a good question. I don't know who you're referring to, but I just no, it's like a statement about general work.
Speaker 4: All right, there, you go, close it up.
Speaker 2: I was in my therapist office yesterday and he asked me, Hey, what do you think your purpose is? A BIG's A big question, A big question because mostly I go in and he's like, what's on your mind? And I hit him on something and we just kind of roll off that. But it was like, hey, what do you think your purpose is? So?
Speaker 4: What do you think your purpose is? Amy?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 5: No, you'reing us this loaded question.
Speaker 2: I'll answer mine, but I don't. I don't want to point you. Okay, what do you think your purpose is?
Speaker 5: Yeah? When you said, I'm going to answer mine then as.
Speaker 4: You answer your.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, I thought you were going to give me time to think.
Speaker 4: You want time.
Speaker 5: I would like it a little time.
Speaker 4: Eddie, what do you think your purpose is? It's easy, It's easy.
Speaker 3: Mine is too. Yeah, mine is to make everyone around me better. So like, starting with my family, I want to laugh.
Speaker 4: I'd like to just check in real quick. And I just like to check in real quick.
Speaker 6: I love the confidence of Eddie. I think he does make our lives better. He's a very joyful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a laugh.
Speaker 6: I'm just checking in on the last like, I don't know that I could say that with such like. I guess it's I'm laughing also withinen the of like, I wish I could answer with such confidence that I have that kind of an impact, and like I am supposed to make everybody's life better and I do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, let's hear what he has to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that I was put on this earth to make people either get said better, get away from their problems, whatever, but make them better as people. I don't know why I'm not doing anything. I'm just being me. But starting with my family, I'm raising four boys. My goal is to make their life as good as it can be and prepare them for the world. My wife, I want her life to be better because she's married to me. I don't know, man, that says how I feel about my purpose on Earth.
Speaker 2: I think your word choice was hit amy a little funky because now we understand what you're saying totally. You you think your purpose is to be there for people, to help them so that they have a better life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but even someone that I meet, like maybe I don't know him, better day after we talk for a little bit, their day will be better.
Speaker 2: I can tell you that you are one of the most fun people to be around you. You're very kind, you love small talk, like you're that person that is so warm immediately that people are drawn to you, Like we'll go to dinner with people that I'll drag Eddie along and be like, Hey, Eddie, we're gonna go to dinner. I'll give you an example with rich Eisen from ESPN now has his own show, someone I've looked up to for a long time. We've become friends, and I was like, Eddie, come to dinner. We're gonna go do the rich eyend. He's like, okay, I'm in, we leave, and Richards like okay, he goes that Eddie guy.
Speaker 4: Love that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome, Like people love Eddie just being around him. I think how initially came out was You're gonna make everybody better because you're so good.
Speaker 4: I got or anything.
Speaker 3: I just I just feel like I want people to leave whatever encounter we had feeling better about them.
Speaker 5: That's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 4: It left no because what he was saying.
Speaker 5: At first it was weird.
Speaker 4: It was kind of like.
Speaker 2: When Morgan number two was talking and she was like, people keep coming up to me saying I'm much prettier than pictures.
Speaker 4: And we're like that, we know what you mean, but that sounds a little weird. Yeah, okay, you're up.
Speaker 5: So I have heard from people.
Speaker 2: That no, no, I've heard I want you to say what you think you're This is really hard for you.
Speaker 4: It was hard for me too. Why are you here? What is your purpose here? Me go sure, okay, because it's hard for me too.
Speaker 2: I think my purpose is, like, if it was all boiled down to something, it is to show folks that think they can't do it. They come from places that people around them aren't doing whatever it is you want to be. Uh, you wanna be famous, Okay, you want to play piano, you want to be get your the first person of graduate high school in your family. You want to get a doctor, you want to be a doctor. That it doesn't it doesn't matter where you come from. Like I think, my purpose is to show by example that it doesn't matter where you come from, you can do whatever you want. That the world is absolutely bendable and resources are far less for some folks. But the fact that you don't have those resources, once you get to that midpoint, you're so much stronger because you got there without all the help other people had. So now you are so strong. You're stronger than they are at the same exact level. It's to show people, to be the example to folks that it doesn't matter where you come from. If you just keep pushing, you can do whatever you want. I think that's my purpose.
Speaker 5: Beautiful, it's pretty good most of you, beautiful.
Speaker 4: Okay, Amy Purpose, Purpose got anything?
Speaker 6: I was thinking that book from back in the day, who wrote it, Rick Warren Purpose Driven Life that didn't read it doesn't read It was big, big, big, big back in the day. Uh, Okay, well, I feel like a connector of sorts, and not always publicly. I do like connecting with people in our job and what I do. I love connecting face to face and sharing experiences. But something that has been very meaningful to me the last five years is connecting behind the scenes and privately with certain things that I've been through and being able to support others and come alongside them and what they're going through because I feel like I've experienced some things in the last several years that I never thought I would And again, they're not stuff that everybody knows about, but somehow it's like if you're in that circle and someone knows, they're like, you need to call Amy, and I'm like, oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm the one with the resource and the information on this. What's something that used to be so foreign to me and now I know and I can be a connector for someone and connect them to the person that could helpfully change the trajectory of their life.
Speaker 2: I think you have a lot of empathy based on a lot of the US public but also private things you've been through in the past years.
Speaker 4: And empathy is not something that you can buy. Perspective is not something you could buy.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to have to get perspective because perspective has only gathered through very hard times. But once you have it, there really is nothing more valuable than it. And I think you have a lot of that in those areas. And so now you're the person that people that are going through those similar situations hard they can go, you know, has perspective and empathy and actually wants to help.
Speaker 4: Is Amy, would you say that would be accurate? I would say that would be angry.
Speaker 6: That feels right hard for me to say, but it feels right. Like even on the cruise, I connected with a listener, a fellow adopted mom, and we ended up sitting next to each other at she came to my pizza making class, and then we sat by each other and through just talking I could tell what she was going through with something and something I've never shared publicly with anybody.
Speaker 5: I was able to one on one.
Speaker 6: Because it's a private situation share with her and then gave her like you need to order this book, to look up at this website. And yeah, that was just a moment that literally just happened a couple of days ago. Where Yeah, I felt for her, and those are the moments that mean a lot to me.
Speaker 2: I think we all have earned tools and it is our obligation to use them in a positive way. Yes, we don't want to have we never I never volunteered. Ay, I want to grow up in poverty in a trailer park and not parents. However, I'm telling you I'm so fortunate from what I have from that, and I think if I didn't use that in a positive way, that's on me and that's not good to me. So I think, not just us three, but just any of the listeners too. We all have earned tools that we didn't sign up to have to have, but now that we have them, I think it is our obligation to use them in a positive way. And so I'm just happy that i've Eddie because he makes me better every day at this job.
Speaker 3: I like how Bobby we said what we thought, and Bobby like what you mean to say?
Speaker 4: But I hope that didn't come out. But I hope that didn't come out wrong. No, you just helped us, Are you sure, though, because I also you did.
Speaker 5: A good job doing it before.
Speaker 4: I don't want to fixing you.
Speaker 3: I don't know you said it how I should have said it well, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: I interrupted you with my laugh and I laughed at her laugh.
Speaker 3: Can you do me a favorite? Can we hold this question for lunch box when he gets back. I really want to hear what his purpose is.
Speaker 6: Purpose is the one day be rich and I want to hear that in the lottery.
Speaker 4: Then nobody tip them off. You got it?
Speaker 2: No listeners, they'll tip them off. All right, Good job everybody. So Bobby Bones.
Speaker 5: Show interview with McBride.
Speaker 2: I was listening to your song Arkansas Mud and the first line, just from memory, I think is percocet adderall nicotine, alcohol, throwing dishes down the hall.
Speaker 4: Bad mistakes. I've tried them all. Is that is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Bad decisions, try them all.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? That was that was really good.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: So I don't know talk about that song and that lyric. I don't know, is that real?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 9: As I've had to say over the last three years, I'm a drunk. And if you find yourself wanting to be like like, no, you're not, that's how good I am at it. I've had people say I really saw you as much of a drinker. And so now I can say if you were around me prior to three years, nine months, six weeks, and however many days ago, I was drunk.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I am sorry.
Speaker 4: Who did notice?
Speaker 5: When we were in professional settings?
Speaker 9: Like luckily I did not embarrass my organization, and I would do different things to get a handle on it, or to make this believe I was getting a handle on it. You know, there's no drinking before shows. I'm totally fine with that, but for some reason, my brain was like, you didn't drink till after a show, and you have to drink as much as humanly possible. So everybody that I work with, everybody that was close with, not even my parents, knew the extent of it.
Speaker 4: Whenever you went in.
Speaker 2: Because I had to put my mom and rehab a couple of times before she died, and it's never a fine thing. It was always a terrible thing. But she never stayed. She left every time. Yeah, because she had the ability.
Speaker 4: To do that. I check her in, but she's an adult.
Speaker 5: Technically I had the ability to leave.
Speaker 4: Did you ever want to?
Speaker 5: I kept being like, I can't do I can't do.
Speaker 9: This, Like I don't know where I am I can't.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 9: Have to do this. I mean, I'm gonna do it. They got me here, I'm gonna do it. But I just kept being like, there's no way of.
Speaker 5: Doing this for thirty days.
Speaker 4: That's insane.
Speaker 5: I don't live under a bridge. I didn't hurt anybody.
Speaker 9: And now I can hear my other self going, oh kid, sit down and shut up and put your seat belt on.
Speaker 4: Why do you think you said I was gonna die?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's I mean, that's the reason I had to go there intervention style. I woke up at another artist's house, another female artist.
Speaker 5: And if I told you who you would not be shocked, of course.
Speaker 9: And I woke up in a bed that's not mine, in pajamas that aren't mine, and I was like, oh my god, that must have been a doozy.
Speaker 5: I'm thirsty.
Speaker 9: I don't know where I am and I don't know where water is, so I'll just go find water.
Speaker 5: And when I went to find water, found a living room.
Speaker 9: In that living room with my team Dana and John Pete's and my day to day and I said, I looked at them, and that artist was also on the couch, and I said Okay, I don't know where my boots are, but I need my boots.
Speaker 5: And they said, we need you to stop, and I said I need me to stop too.
Speaker 9: And that was when I found out that she took me to her house that night after we'd been out to.
Speaker 5: Make sure I didn't die, but I didn't.
Speaker 4: Was there a point not?
Speaker 2: Was there? At what point later did you appreciate how hard it was even for them to do that for you.
Speaker 9: There's so much that I look at now at all during the process, I say, funny, but I'm going to use that in kind.
Speaker 5: Of a loose term. I'd be a treatment and people would say.
Speaker 9: Oh, I really like those shoes, and I'd go, thanks, they're not mine, and oh cute pajamas, and I was like, my clothes aren't even here yet. And when I think about Dana and Blakely having to go shopping and find me clothes and having to go through my stuff and to decide whether to tell my family that I cannot, I cannot fathom or make up for how much I put them through. And that's another reason to stay, is I didn't die, and I have the chance right now, And yeah, yeah, I'm hurting me whatever, and I'm hurting them, and if this goes any farther, this is really really ugly. This is like they'll have to make a movie about it bad. So I just buckled down and decided, well, I'm here, and technically I can leave, but we're far enough out in the middle of nowhere that I wouldn't know what direction to go.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Ashley. I'm evidently a drunk.
Speaker 2: Evidently you had to have that version first, right, I did.
Speaker 9: And when I was like, I don't you know, filling out different than you know? They give you a worksheet and can you list this and that? And they're like how much do you drink? And I'm like out of time, the same as everyone else. I just drink two glasses at a time. Having to go through that to illustrate to myself. And at the you know, at first you're like, okay, fill out the worksheet, but whatever, Like again, I do my job. I do my job well, no one is hurt. I pay my bills. I think I'm okay. And then as you are filling out those worksheets and doing those talks and everything, you go, oh, I'm not okay. It is our entire industry Yeah, it's one of the most loved and celebrated things about our industry.
Speaker 5: I built a career on it.
Speaker 9: It was literally before I ever popped on the scene, dubbed the whiskey drink and badass. So now I need you to give me the tools to not do it.
Speaker 2: Annoying driving habits. What's the most annoying habit? It could be you driving or just somebody in the car.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, when you get out into the middle of the traffic, like at a light, and you end up causing you block people.
Speaker 5: That's annoying. You go too far?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, I do. I've done that.
Speaker 6: I'm guilty of it. It's annoying when you've done it because it's mortifying.
Speaker 4: But try to give people a grace on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I've done it a couple of times, and you're just so vulnerable right in the middle and someone wants to turn, you've completely block to turn. I've been in such bad situations in that though, that now I'm probably too vigilant about driving across until it's wide open because the line could be green. But if there's a back a line, yes, sometimes I'll let it get wait because that's the worst when people are looking at you like you're the stupidest thing to ever exist, and I'm like this, I'm sorry, do my mouth, I'm sorry. You don't really say it though, I'm sorry because they can't hear me. Think about this, Think about in the car. Things in the car that are annoying. Number One backseat driving forty people say that's the worst. Do you guys deal with backseat drivers? Do you backseat drive? I'm the backseat driver.
Speaker 3: See if I'm in the car my wife's driving, I'm the one like it's a.
Speaker 2: Four way stop, it's trying to go. Oh you really go hard? Oh yeah, see what I do? And it is annoying.
Speaker 4: And I drive a lot. But my wife also drives a lot.
Speaker 2: We don't have this masculinity thing where dudes gotta drive, so she drives a significant amount. I'm not used to sitting on the passenger side, so I always think she's going to hit something.
Speaker 4: Oh like when she's turning in everything on the right side, I'm.
Speaker 6: Like, oh, I'm god, Yeah, I was gonna say that's my back seat driving is gasping.
Speaker 2: No, same, that's so Annoying's never in the passenger seat, And when when I am, and she is driving.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, I can hit it.
Speaker 3: You know what my wife does she hit She grabs the top of the roof of the car, like what we're not you think we're gonna flip over.
Speaker 2: And sometimes my wife will be driving just fine, and I feel like she's not breaking fast enough for the car that's up there.
Speaker 4: I'm like, baite, baite, bite bak bite break. I shouldn't do that because.
Speaker 3: You slam on the floorboard like you have a break.
Speaker 2: Maybe not on purpose, but I think but maybe maybe, Yeah, I probably do that a little bit. Leaving trash behind in a car that's so annoying. Yeah, it's all my kids.
Speaker 3: It's it's a routine now that every time we get somewhere, I'm like, all right, everybody, get your trash. If you brought anything in the car, grab it right now and get rid of it.
Speaker 2: It bothers me is when people get out of my car and slam the door too hard. I don't like that. I try to really, if i'm ubering, give respect to ubers and really shut it with a gentle touch, lill precious touch.
Speaker 4: I want to make sure it shuts. It's if you don't if you don' shut the whole way, then they got to get out and be atle idiot. Do you close it or do you like just go hear the click click. I don't like that because I feel like they won't think it's closed.
Speaker 2: When people get out of my car and they're like wham, they may never get invited back.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 2: There may never be an invitation to get in my car again if like you get out and just slam it like it's nobody's business. Like I don't like that. Another one's yelling break, But I already admitted to that one. Same I that putting your feet on the dashboard Now, I don't do bare feet, but I will do soft feet. If we're going on a road trip and we do switch, I will put soft feet up and sure there are there are now soft prints on my.
Speaker 4: Glass.
Speaker 5: You do it on the windshield on the dashboard. My legs are long, dude, and then your toes and I do that.
Speaker 6: It's not so much about disrespect. Then I put them down because I freak. If we were to get an accident, my legs are gonna fly back and snap in half.
Speaker 2: My wife will say that, you know if you do that and I hit something, because you're always yelling, I need to break your kneessele go into your face, and I'm like, damn okay with it.
Speaker 3: When I was younger, I was dating my wife now, and she would do that. She would do bare feet on the windshield and so it left like these feetprints. And my dad got in the car and he thought we were hooking up.
Speaker 4: Oh, because of the feet prints. Swear we didn't do that.
Speaker 2: As I looked through this story, because I started talking about things that I do. This is passenger habits, like bad passenger habits, because I have them complaining about driving, do you guys, and mind comes through screaming that I think we're gonna die. That'd be most of my complaints about the driving, because I'm never like you're a bad driver. I'm mostly like, God, we're gonna die. That's a different kind of complaint. Eating messy, er, smelly food. Not a big eater in the car unless we're in a hurry somewhere. If I'm driving, sometimes i'll eat a little more than if I'm in somebody else's car or my wife's car. She keeps her car meticulous like no trash, always clean, vacuumed out.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 10: I got a bunch of like water boxes. I'll tell you what, man, that's gonna change when you guys, you guys have a kid, why I'm gonna be cleaner. Do kids just trash cars like bad?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Some just wait not yours, just wait, wait till a little soldier gets out, sir, yes, sir, cleaning the car, yeah, when they get out, playing music or switching the music without asking.
Speaker 4: We have a rule, a hard and steady rule. If you drive, you control. I like that. So you got the Hawks, basically you got the Bluetooth. I like it.
Speaker 2: And most of mine is nineties, either like nineties emo rock, as she calls uncle music, or like nineties country, which she can do, but she prefers two thousands of music like she prefers like the Joe Nichols's of the world more than like the ninetieses of the world. And that's probably because there's a little more than a decade age difference.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's pretty much the list. Anything else come to you, guys, mind.
Speaker 6: I mean, road rage is annoying, like if I'm driving with someone that has a freak out and gets mad at some other car in a dramatic way and they're not driving down, or if like I'm someone does road rage to me.
Speaker 4: Like, that's someone does road rage to you. Yes, that's not good. Someone does road rage, man, that's do you know what?
Speaker 3: I don't like when people get in the car and they like adjust it, put it all the way back, or leaning the seat back, and then don't put it back the way it was.
Speaker 4: It's your car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like if they're riding in my car and they yes, yes, I'm like, hey when they're when they're getting out of the car, hey, will you put that seatback up the way it was please?
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: I don't like it whenever the if I dropped the car off somewhere, like if we got to a restaurant, we're going to valet, the person gets in a message with my seat.
Speaker 4: I don't like that either.
Speaker 2: So I'll still tip on the same, but I'll still remember I didn't like that anything else kind of mine?
Speaker 4: Okay, good? All right?
Speaker 7: Wake up? Wake up in the mall and it's a radio and the Dodgers. He's on time, Ready lunchbox Morgan two Steve Bran and trying to put you through the box. He's running this week's next bit. The Bobby's on the box, so you knowing this this.
Speaker 2: The Bobby balls or we're two men in it, Eddie and myself. Lunchbox is currently on the cruise, probably under the influence blocohol. Probably even though it's in the morning. Uh, let's do the investigative, Corny. We have ninety seconds to figure out as many jokes as possible. Amy, are you ready?
Speaker 5: Ready?
Speaker 2: Eddie ready, I'm ready to man. Let's go, morning, Corny.
Speaker 6: What did the yoga instructors say when her landlord tried to a victor?
Speaker 4: Now, I'm mistake, Go go go.
Speaker 5: Why was the car always tiedired?
Speaker 4: Exhausted? Exhaust pipe exhausted. It's exhausted, that.
Speaker 5: Could be, but it's not.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it's tail tails pipes tired. Oh good, flat tired. It's tired because it had no breaks.
Speaker 4: That's it? Yes?
Speaker 5: What what? What? What is the wake up time for ducks?
Speaker 2: Quack?
Speaker 4: Quack of dawn?
Speaker 6: The quack?
Speaker 5: What does a cat order at a bar?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Per per per?
Speaker 4: I don't know? Bar drinks?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, let me, let's let's try yew mix my tie.
Speaker 2: Shot, tequila, vodka, beer corona do.
Speaker 4: Cat tail nose for frisker.
Speaker 3: With whiskey, whisker whiskey, whisker whiskey?
Speaker 4: Okay, what's a whiskey drink? Whisker sour?
Speaker 5: What? What birds spend all of their time on their knees?
Speaker 4: Pray? Pray on your knees?
Speaker 5: You pray?
Speaker 4: Oh kind of bird?
Speaker 6: What birds spend all of their time on their knees?
Speaker 3: Me ne me need like a kneeling they're kneeling birds, crows, cardinals?
Speaker 4: You pray though? What's a pray? What kind of bird is a prey? Oh? Wow, seguel time.
Speaker 5: Birds of prey?
Speaker 6: Oh but y'all got I mean, honestly.
Speaker 5: Believe y'all got whisker sour?
Speaker 4: How many do we get?
Speaker 8: You got? No?
Speaker 5: I'm a stay. I thought that would be a little more difficult.
Speaker 4: Oh we know that one. Within one second you got it.
Speaker 5: Never took any breaks, was wise?
Speaker 6: The cars hired, you got ducks wake up at the quack of dawn, the cat orders a whisker sour at the bar mutual and then the birds on their knees are birds?
Speaker 5: Didn't get that one? But you got four?
Speaker 2: Like not.
Speaker 4: It's were right high level.
Speaker 2: These were more oh elevated here today because I feel like the group of smarter I get it, smarter, smarter, group two of us smarter. Yeah, yeah, yeah, addition by subtraction. Some would say, all right, there you go, that's it, thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay. His voicemail time hit me.
Speaker 8: I was just listening to Friday's show, and it hit me if this is the biggest prank ever from Lunchbox about the Prices right. It's perfect timing because it's April fool Day on March thirty first and April first.
Speaker 11: He could just be like, April Fools, I got you.
Speaker 5: I was really on the show. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 8: I just want to let you know I'm thinking about that. I know you're on the cruise. So hope you guys are having a great time.
Speaker 4: Love you guys.
Speaker 6: Bye.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Lunchbox is still on the cruise. I'm now back in the studio. However, we should talk about this. He's not on right now. Lunchbox went to Prices right. I let him off work for basically a week to go and try to get on the show because that was his dream. By the way, he got paid to do that it was. I made sure it wasn't a vacation. He went, he got paid to go do prices right. He did not get on. He was so upset. I have a theory that he might have got on, because you can't say anyway if you got on or if you won. And I think it would be a one of the greatest bits if he just played us completely. And because he keeps saying, watch the show when thirty first on the first I'm in the crowd, I'm in the crowd, and he gets on, So I don't know that he wins. My theory is I think he gets on the show thirty one percent, so not fifty to fifty thirty one percent. He's also not a good actor. That's the only reason I'm not convinced. But thirty one percent, Amy, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I don't know that.
Speaker 6: I'm quite at thirty one percent. I guess I hope that your theory is right. I'll put myself with one hundred percent. I hope you're right.
Speaker 4: Eddie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm kind of with you, like that would be so awesome, Like if you were to pull this off, it'd be great.
Speaker 4: Here's the problem.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's that smart, Like, I don't think he's smart enough to plan out, especially like the callers talking about with like April Fools and the timing that would be genius. I just don't think that he's smart enough to pull that off. I don't think it's because of April Fools. I think that just happens. That's that's you know, in October. Yeah, but I mean I'm with you, guys, twenty percent.
Speaker 4: That'd be cool. It would be awesome.
Speaker 2: I'd stand up, shake his hand and be like one of the greatest segments ever. Well done, Yes, well done? So okay with you give me the next voicemail.
Speaker 12: Hey, Bobby, longtime listener, did not go on the cruise. And I've been watching all the Instagram videos of everybody and I'm totally signing up for twenty twenty seven because I have the worst case of FOBO. So twenty twenty seven I will be on that crew.
Speaker 13: Love you guys, awesome.
Speaker 4: Can't wait to see you.
Speaker 2: Topshelf Country Cruise dot com Scooba's not here to correct me, but I believe that is correct. So and Riley Green is the artist that we have got to confirm to also go on so far and there'll be way more, all right, next one.
Speaker 11: I'm dying that Lunchbox got a red card. You know, somebody higher up did that because they listened to the show, and because Lunchbox is so greedy and all the things. They did that on purpose, just to punish him. And I think it is hilarious. It is so funny. I'm laughing a boy myself. People probably think I'm crazy. Have a good day, glad everybody that's had a great time on that cruise.
Speaker 2: Everybody got these black cards that got you in everywhere if you're a part of the show. So I had one, Eddie had one, Am one, lunch Fox had a red one, and none of everyone, none of us did this. I promise you had nothing to do with it. I didn't know about it. Scuba says the same. He had the only one one. He couldn't even get bottles of water. No, he can only get tapped. We can only get tapwater. I don't know why that happened. I promise I would not do that. If I were going to do that, it would be for like one hour. We'd get it recorded as a bit, we'd move off of it. But I wouldn't subject him to that for the multiple days where you guys are getting drinks and he can't even get a bottle of water. He had to get a tab water.
Speaker 5: So I don't even know what tapwater means on a ship, No idea, Like.
Speaker 4: Where do they hold that?
Speaker 2: Like? I think they scoop it out with a bucket and then hand it to you. All right, let's play one more voicemail.
Speaker 4: Here, go ahead.
Speaker 13: It sounds like I was having a good time on the cruise. I was on a cruise about a month ago, and when I got home, it took me like three days to recover from feeling like I wasn't moving when I was standing on on land. So just curious that if any of you guys are experiencing the same thing of the show.
Speaker 4: Later, I was on for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: I felt fine after I got a little sea sick at the beginning though on the boat, but when I got off, mostly I was just kissing the land, so I wasn't I.
Speaker 4: Was good man.
Speaker 3: When Amy got off the boat, she was dying.
Speaker 4: She was.
Speaker 5: I don't know what happened. It's like when you're at sea.
Speaker 4: You just oh, that's why she said night watch. She's like alcohol hits different on the water.
Speaker 6: Hit three SIPs No, no, no, The problem is, yeah, I think it hits different. But they just had this specialty fruity martini thingy that tasted like fun.
Speaker 2: Maybe things just taste better on water and you had more like it was easy to lose control you.
Speaker 4: Wow, I mean the way she said that.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 4: What kind of videos exist of you on the boat?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, I mean with how much you've had, because you're like, oh, this is yummy and tasty, and you feel fine. It's like you feel fine until you don't, and then you're like, whoopsie.
Speaker 4: You got to leave the voicemail anytime?
Speaker 2: Eight seven, seven seventy seven Bobby Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 4: Sorry today.
Speaker 14: This story comes up from Madisonville, Kentucky. A man got arrested and he needed two thousand dollars bond, So he calls his girl at home, Hey, I need two thousand dollars to get me out of jail. She's like, I'm on my way. She drives up to the jail, hands over one two two thousand dollars and one hundred dollars bills. Nice good job only problems. It says for movie use only.
Speaker 4: Okay, bad job, Yeah, fake money, bad job.
Speaker 14: And so so now she's facing fellony charges.
Speaker 4: They didn't fra him.
Speaker 14: No, no, he's still in jail.
Speaker 4: She's in jail. All right, Well, there you have it.
Speaker 14: I'm Lunchbox. That's your bonehead story of the day.
Speaker 4: Okay, Lunchbox is still out on the cruise. What do you have?
Speaker 6: So when I was on the cruise, someone came up to me and they were like, oh, I have thoughts on Lunchbox, and I thought, oh please, So I got on my phone and started recording, not knowing what they were gonna say, but I honestly thought they were gonna say, like, oh my gosh, he's so cool in person, like he's so fun. She know, on the radio he's just like loud, obnoxious and like really mean sometimes to listeners. I'm not familiar, but he's he's mister party time on the boat. So I thought it was gonna be more like that, and so I hit record and then I really don't like commenting on people's bodies.
Speaker 4: But you're gonna allow yourself to do that here. I like it.
Speaker 6: Well, I thought about it, and I thought about it, and he's his He comments on people's bodies all the time, So then I thought, well, maybe it's okay. And I don't think he would get offended by this or Carrie. He'd be like, screw her.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Go ahead, what's your impression of lunch box? His arms are a little scrawny. He needs to lift some weights.
Speaker 4: Amazing, How is that it?
Speaker 5: Can you tell that I've been drinking.
Speaker 4: Both of you all? How late was this one? The takeaway is more than.
Speaker 5: It's more that.
Speaker 6: I was like, amazing because I had to get Rownnie.
Speaker 4: Do you think that guy's arms are No?
Speaker 6: No, no, She came up and she told me that. But then I was because in my I'm holding my martini, I'm like, hold on, So I'm like I had to get my phone and then reset the conversation for the audio. So I probably could have done a better job at that, but that was just me resetting.
Speaker 2: Make it note to play that when he gets back, no no, no, no, no, oh, we have to do it in front of his face.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be find his back. He needs to hear it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And just the integrity of the show, meaning we're not gonna talk about something behind their back and not stand in front of their face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, never do that. No, No, that's it. I hope everybody has a good day. All right, goodbye, everybody. Get your Bobby Bones on it.
Speaker 2: The Bobby Bones Show theme song, written, produced and sang by read Yarberry. You can find his instagram at read Yarberry, Scuba Steve, executive producer, Raymond No, Head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcast.