Speaker 1: Roddy's never let me define my self worth based on my success. So when I first started to experience success, Roddy didn't celebrate it in the way I wanted her to, and I would want. Look, I'd wanted my wife to be my number one fan and my biggest cheerleader, and she wasn't for my career. But I had to realize if I skewed my perspective, she was for who I was, So if it came to my character, that's what she was backing. I think we all want to be loved for who we are and not loved for what we achieve.
Speaker 2: I did start listening to your podcast last year.
Speaker 3: That was New York Times best selling author and host of On Purpose, Jay Shuddy, and today we are sharing a special best of episode here on My Legacy. This conversation with Jay and his partner in life, Roddy dev Lukia, a wellness advocate, and how most of a Really Good Cry quickly became one of our most loved Hosted by Martin Luther King the Third, his wife Andrea Waters King, and their friends Mark and Craig Kielberger, this conversation is a vulnerable, funny and refreshingly honest look at love, what it really means to show up, grow up, and choose each other daily. Together, Jay and Roddy teach us how to stop defining your worth by your success. How your partner can be your greatest teacher if you're willing to listen. How small moments can hold the biggest meaning. Let's jump in.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the My Legacy Podcast, where we explore what it truly means to create a living legacy through our actions, our choices, and the way we show up for others every day. Ronor to be joined by Jay Shetty, global bestselling author and purpose driven entrepreneur whose wisdom on love, mindfulness, and personal transformation has reached millions through his number one podcast on Purpose Now. Of course, what makes the My Life Legacy Podcast unique is we don't just hear from extraordinary individuals. We hear from their life partners, their friends, the people who know them best. And we're beyond lucky because Jay is joined today by his incredible wife, Roddy de Vlukiya. She is a nutritionist. She is a best selling author.
Speaker 5: Of joy Full.
Speaker 4: She is the host of her own podcast, A Really Good Cry, I Love that title. She's a powerful force for wellness, for conscious living and for joyful cooking. Welcome to you both.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so grateful to be back with you and reunited with all of you. Thank you so much for having us. We're so honored and so grateful. Truly, it was such a wonderful to be in your presence a year ago. Now is it even longer?
Speaker 6: It was about a year ago, about a year ago.
Speaker 1: I feel so wonderful to be reunited, and I wish you were meeting Raddy in passion too.
Speaker 5: That we'll settle for this.
Speaker 6: We must do dinner when we're all on the same coast again.
Speaker 5: We would love that, ye absolutely.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, well, Jay on that note, because we want to know you over well gosh, probably a decade now, but we don't know Rady as well. So if I can put you on the spot, the two of you have created this incredible relationship based on conscious living, on Purpose, on joy. So how did you first meet this incredible woman and how did you know that she was your person?
Speaker 5: Ha ha.
Speaker 1: So the interesting thing is the first episode of my podcast On Purpose Ever was me and Rady telling this story together and I always wanted to start the show at a really authentic, genuine, conscious place, and I thought, why not do it with the person who knows me best and knows me most deeply. And so the long story, short version is I was in my final year of college and I knew that I was going to become a monk after I graduated, and I would go to my local temple to serve and assist on the weekends just to stay out of trouble. And when I was doing that service, I was asked to show a woman around who was around my mom's age, with different chores and different practices at the temple. I'd never been asked to do this before. This was the first time I showed her around. She was very sweet, and then at the end of it, she said to me, I have a daughter that I'd love to introduce to spirituality and meditation. And I said, well, I'm going to become a monk, so I can introduce her to my younger sister who's also involved in the community, and why don't you bring her in? And so, you know, that week she brought her in and it happened to be my wife's mom and Raley was her daughter who came in and I introduced Radi and my sister, and I remember seeing rally and thinking she was the most beautiful woman in the world, and I thought, no, no.
Speaker 5: No, focus, focus, focus has become a monk, and so I kind of like shut it out.
Speaker 1: And then when I came back from the monastery, Radi and my sister had become best friends, and so my sister was our matchmaker. So that's how we met, and then how I knew she was the one.
Speaker 5: You know, it's really interesting.
Speaker 1: Someone asked me this question recently, and I think I gave at least what I believe to be a truthful and honest answer, and is that I don't know if you ever know.
Speaker 5: I think you.
Speaker 1: Commit and invest to building something together, and you know because the other person also wants to commit and build and invest in you, and that's what makes them the one. And I really believe that it's quite naive to think when you meet someone, or when you move in with someone, or when you marry someone, that this is going to be the person you're with for three or four or five decades in today's world, and so for me, I know that Radi's the one because she invests every day today more than even when we started. And that's something that I can only discover today, and I couldn't have known twelve years ago when we first got together, and nine years ago when we got married, I couldn't have posible known that. And so I hope that freeze people up from this pressure and expectation that I've got to find this person on day one and know that they're going to be perfect and the person. When I probably would have said that twelve years ago if you asked me, like I found the one, I know it now when I look back, I'm like, no, I'm lucky. She's proved me right, but she very easily could have proved me wrong. And so I'm very grateful that she's, you know, stood by me through so many ups and downs and so many incredible journeys that we've been on.
Speaker 6: So roddy, I'm very very curious. So you're at a temple and you see this wonderful human being that was training to be a monk, and what was going through your mind when you first when you first met him.
Speaker 7: That's a really good question, you know, I he was in like he was in white robes at the time, weren't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was training to be a monk. He was in white robes. He knew my mom. It was like a very odd situation.
Speaker 7: My mom was introducing us, and so when I saw him, it was it was interesting because he had like tattoos in monk clothes, was a very like, well spoken person, where normally, in my mind, a monk was someone who was from India and I, you know, usually would have to speak to them in another language.
Speaker 2: And so it was kind of.
Speaker 7: Changing a lot of narratives in my mind of what I expected to see when my mom was like, oh, I want to introduce you to this monk. So I think I was readjusting to my expectations. And then I mean I started going to his classes and hearing him speak about spirituality, and honestly, I think I felt in awe of him through watching him in those spaces and in the community, and you know, I ended up being an observer of him rather than a friend at the beginning, because we didn't really have a friendship or a relationship at all when we first met. So it was quite nice seeing him in his own environment doing something that he loved. And so at first it was almost like he had. He felt like a teacher and a guide more than he felt like someone that I was thinking I could be with. But then when I became friends with his sister and she kept telling me all these amazing things about him, I was like, Oh, he's so sweet and they have the sweetest relationship he you know, he is like a father figure to her, and she loves him so much. And I thought, well, someone who's got that relationship with their sister, and usually your sibling has the best and worst things to say about you, And she just loved him so much. And so there was moments where you know, I kept saying to I was like, you know, I think every like your brother, and she was like, you can't. He's going to be a monk for the rest of his life. Leave him alone. She was like, I need you to leave him, and I please leave. Yeah, please, I'm just telling you he wants to be a monk forever. So yeah, I kind of gave up on that idea. And so as soon as he came out from being a monk and we got to know each other, we both just realized how how right we ended up being about each other, as he said, and it was a nice surprise because it could have gone both ways.
Speaker 6: You know, I love that she said fell in awe rather than fell in love. I don't think I've ever really heard that way. That's so beautiful. Yes, yes, fell and awe.
Speaker 1: But the one thing she left out was that she usually tells a bit like you didn't You didn't clarify that actually when we first met, you just didn't notice me, and I didn't like, just yeah.
Speaker 2: I did notice you. I just wasn't like.
Speaker 7: It wasn't like my mom saying, hey, here's someone for you to meet in that way.
Speaker 6: And we're just getting started with Jay and Roddy. Grab that second cup of coffee or tea because you don't want to miss a moment.
Speaker 4: Now back to my legacy.
Speaker 6: So, okay, we know the challenges of working with your your partner.
Speaker 8: There's challenges.
Speaker 6: It's wonderful smiling, he's not saying a word right now.
Speaker 2: It so wonderful all the time every day.
Speaker 6: How do you all navigate through through those challenges?
Speaker 5: How do we deal with working with each other?
Speaker 4: That very wise, He's like, let me see.
Speaker 7: What she says. I would say, you know, the good thing is we both have extremely different skill sets like we are very different humans, and so what what's great in that sense is Jay handles a lot of the things that I don't want to or don't have the skills too. I would say, like, he's really good at the business side of things, and I really enjoy the creative side of things. And so especially for the main project we work on together is Junior, our tea company, and so he does a lot of the business management calls.
Speaker 9: Is that what you call.
Speaker 7: It, like the final and stuff and what else?
Speaker 2: Would you call it?
Speaker 5: Strategic?
Speaker 7: The strategic stuff? Yeah, And I really liked doing the creative, working with the team to do events and building the brands, the flavors of the Yeah, the flavors, the intricacies behind what we actually put into the product.
Speaker 2: And so honestly, we're not often on the same.
Speaker 7: Cause, and so we do work together, but I wouldn't say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we've only ever The only thing we've ever done together work wise is our tea coompany JUNI, and that was really exciting because that was something that we shared in common. We both wanted to drink drinks that didn't have sugar, so we wanted to build a zero gram sugar drink. We wanted something with low calories, so only as five calories. We wanted something that was filled with ashwagandha and rishi mushroom and all these things that we know we should be taking, and so that's why we focused on that. But the reason why it is easy to work on it together is because we founded the company many years into our marriage, and I think by then we have a good understanding of each other's strengths and weaknesses, and we have a lot of trust. So I know, if Radi's on a call about flavor profiles, I know she understands flavor profiles far better than I ever would.
Speaker 5: My palette is really basic.
Speaker 1: Right before I met her, I had no idea what any of these incredible herbs and plant extracts and adaptations are. And so her level of knowledge in that field is something I can trust. It's something I would back, it's something I feel very confident in, and thankfully she feels that way about me and my strengths, and so I think that's why it works for us.
Speaker 5: I don't think I could. I think I'd find it hard if.
Speaker 1: We had similar skill sets and we were constantly debating and figuring it out. I quite like the dividing conquers who works.
Speaker 8: Well well, we love your tea company, we love your t brand.
Speaker 7: Jay.
Speaker 8: In your international best selling book Eight Rules of Love, you talk about what it takes to nurture a relationship. Can you give us one or two of your top suggestions on how you can continuously strengthen bonds between couples.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't be asking all of you this, but I'll try my best. I'm sure there's a lot more wisdom on that side of the table. So I feel underqualified, but I would say one of my favorite ones is I have a chapter in the book called your partner is Your Guru. And what I mean by that is that not that they're an authoritative, judgmental, dictatorial individual, because that's not what a guru is. A guru is someone who's dedicated to your growth, who's committed to helping you find your path, and who's patient while.
Speaker 5: You do it.
Speaker 1: That's actually what a guru is, especially in the Eastern traditions. And one of my favorite things about that is that your partner.
Speaker 5: Is really a mirror.
Speaker 1: And the challenge we have in relationships is that the right partner holds up the mirror in a non judgmental way. But we're so convinced that the mirror is broken because we don't like what we see that we reject them. So we reject the one person who actually has the ability to help us grow. And so Radi has been completely non judgmental, empathetic, and compassionate about my health journey. When I met Radi, I was addicted to sugar, I ate a lot of fried food. I was fairly unhealthy physically, and because I had a strong mind and meditated daily and felt like I'd got somewhere with that journey, I felt like my body almost didn't matter. I almost felt like it was a afterthought. And she didn't teach me by telling me I was wrong and that I was wasting time, that I was being lazy, and that I should work out more, because none of those things would have helped me, because my ego would have come to my defense and been a shield and pushed back, and I would have been affected by that like I think we all are. Instead, she set the example. She's worked out every day i've known her, She's eaten a clean diet, she's always cooked healthy food. She encouraged me and educated me in the challenges of how I was living without making me feel bad about them, and she's been my guru for my health and so to me, when your partner is your guru, and you allow your partner to teach you in a non judgmental, non confrontational, non finger pointing way, that is the person who can help you grow. There's no one on planet Earth who could make you a better human being than the person you spend the most time with, so that your partners, your guru is probably one of them. And I think you said a couple. I would add that the problem is we often want our partners to change, but what we don't have is the patience that it takes to watch them change. And we also want them to change into the people we want them to be, not the people that they want them to be. We see their potential and we say you must rise to this. We see the possibility and we say you must reach this. We see the result for them that we've projected, and we say, if you don't get to this, you've failed. And never have we asked them, who do you want to be? How do you want to live your life? What are you trying to accomplish. And it's really interesting to me that we believe, just because we want to invest in them, that that care is greater than their ambition. And I think we work so hard we want to be their savior. We want to be the person to solve all their problems, we want to be the person who fixes everything for them just to feel good about ourselves. We don't actually want them to be happy. We just want to be happy that we're doing something for them, and so we don't really give them the patience, the time, the energy to find who they are and move in that direction for themselves because we want to feel like we're helping, we're fixing, where I'm here to solve all your problems, and in that you try to be the person who saves them, but actually you push them away. So those would be my two biggest things that I think if we can, on the first hand, learn to be a guru that's non judgmental, and on the second hand, learn to be patient and let people become who they want to be, not try to make them who we want.
Speaker 5: Them to be.
Speaker 4: I love that on a personal note because I'm going to own that, and I think a lot of guys who are husbands need to own that just being radically transparent because you called it as it is, like it is this male desire to want to help, to want to protect, and so often it is that instead that patience that's sitting in it. And I love I love that phrase. I wrote that down, like, you know, the idea of supporting who they want to be, asking them you know who they want to be, and then supporting them with that patience on that journey, not wanting to help, not want to even though it comes from a good place, just giving the space. I just so many husbands out there, anyone who's listening who wants to play that clip back on social media for someone in their life to sit with. I just want to encourage them to sit with that for a few minutes. I love the honesty of that advice.
Speaker 8: Well, and the partner is your guru is just so profound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's changed my life. I didn't know all this before I got married. I think you figure it out when you are married, and then you start learning how much it has to teach you and how much better you have to become because you love someone. And I think that's the difference. The right person inspires you to want to become better, not want to make them better. Like you know, yeah, I think we're constantly worrying about oh God, they're not doing this, and they're not doing that, and they're not doing this, and the right person makes you look at yourself and go, well, I'm not doing that. So let me start there.
Speaker 6: If you're listening, you already know that this show is built on connection, on showing up authentically, and on reminding each of us of what really matters. If this resonates with you, subscribing is the easiest way to support what we're building and help us bring more of these uplifting conversations into the world.
Speaker 4: Now back to my legacy.
Speaker 10: This is a very simple thing, but it's very important. I rarely get sick and I'm blessed and fortunate, but a lot of that, in my mind is because every day, not a day goes by that I'mrea doesn't put out vitamins from me. Now, I would like to be That's a simple thing. I'd love to be able to do that, and I will get there. But that constantly reinforces. You know, when your partner loves you so much that they're very concerned about your being healthy, being able to go out into the world as many of us have to do. So I want to ask you both, what simple thing does your partner do to show that they love you?
Speaker 2: Ah, my gosh, Jason.
Speaker 7: Well, Jason very expressive person, but it's not just the words that he uses, like he is someone who will verbally check in and be like, what can I do to make you happier? Is there anyway I can help you? And he says that to me on a regular basis. So I think one part of it is being vocal about how you want to be there for your partner, which I actually wasn't very good at and I'm still getting better at to actually vocalize it. I've you know, in my mind, I'm I see myself more of an active service, which is how I've seen my parents be.
Speaker 2: So I'd be like, oh, but in my.
Speaker 7: Mind, I've cooked a meal and I've done this little thing. But sometimes you realize that actually having those vocal moments are really important and how much that makes a difference in a relationship. But then in action, it's like the little things of you know, even if he's just sat down, when I've sat down and I need some thing, he'll get back up, Like if I won't get back up, he'll get back up to get it for me. Or if I am feeling.
Speaker 2: You still do it.
Speaker 7: And you know, it's those little things where you just notice someone going out of their way for you, because not many people want to go out of their way for you. And then another one is whenever I'm having I'm quite an emotional person, and whenever he feels my energy is a little bit off, he'll always, no matter what he's got going on, he'll always make space and time to just check in and be like, do you need do you need help with anything?
Speaker 2: Can I sit with you?
Speaker 7: I can work through whether it's a work thing, whether it's a family thing. You know, he always creates the time and space, no matter how busy, to have those moments of connection if he feels like I really need it. And so, I mean, I could probably go on, but I'll leave it that. There's are a couple of them. But yeah, there's so many different ways he expresses himself.
Speaker 1: Actually, Jay, Yeah, so many as well. I think for me, the biggest one is I think when we first got married and we moved to New York, and then we were kind of there for a couple of years, then moving to la and we've just been through so much change, and change that wasn't anticipated or expected, so changed that we both had planned to live our whole lives fifteen minutes from our local temple in England and five minutes away from Radi's parents' home. And actually that was one of her requirements for us getting married, was that she could be a one mile radius away from her parents' home and I'd commit to that, and I genuinely had committed to that. It was something that I thought was very real. All of our friends are in that area, families in that area.
Speaker 5: It made sense.
Speaker 1: And then all of a sudden my career took a turn in twenty sixteen when this part of my life started to grow, and it's continued to for the nine years, thankfully. And if I'm completely honest, that was completely not part of the plan, not my plan, not her plan, not our plan. But it was what I couldn't even have dreamed of. And not once in the last nine years has Radi ever said to me, look what I gave up for you. And oh God, I could cry saying this, but it's one of those things. It's like, I know how much her parents mean to her, now much her family friends mean to her. I know how much London means to her, and for her to move away, for her to give that up when we didn't have clarity, Like you know, we're very fortunate today to have a wonderful life, but getting here wasn't easy. I was away a lot, I traveled a lot for work. I was building things, moving around. And never once did she say, I gave this all up for you. You're never around, you work too hard. And I think that kind of trust without nagging, without making someone feel bad, when I was already carrying the burden of it myself. And I think that's the feeling that makes you feel loved where you're like, I was already feeling that way myself. So if she would have said it to me, it probably would have broken me. But the fact that she didn't feel that she had to say it to me makes me feel loved. So not blaming, not shaming, not pushing, not prodding is is. It feels like a small thing, but actually it's huge, And even at the most difficult times in our life, whether we were financially struggling, you know, struggling with moving, changing, whatever things were going on in our life. Every time I'd update her on what would happen, she'd always say, I trust you. And hearing your partner say that when you don't even know what's going to happen next is the greatest sign of love. And so and and you know, she radly decided to date me and commit to a relationship with me when I had nothing to offer about myself, and so that's a pretty big thing. She could have married anyone she wanted to marry. And so her decision to be with someone who didn't have a even a secure job when we first started dating, and you know, someone who'd been in the monastery for three years and didn't have any sort of savings or any sort of plan, I think it shows her character and her ability to you know, go beyond material things. And the more recent one, I mean, I could go on as well. I think the more recently I need to get one. Radi's never let me define my self worth based on my success. So when I first started to experience success, Raddi didn't celebrate it in the.
Speaker 5: Way I wanted her to.
Speaker 1: And I would want look, I'd wanted my wife to be my number one fan and my biggest cheerleader, and she wasn't for my career. But I had to realize if I skewed my perspective, she was for who I was. So if it came to my character, that's what she was backing. She wasn't backing me because of my career, and that took me. That helped me detach from valuing myself based on the success of my career because I think that's what I would have done and what I would have wanted if she had fallen in that way, And so her lack of validation for my career was the greatest validation for my career.
Speaker 7: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Great, but I mean I think.
Speaker 5: It's a say.
Speaker 1: And again going back to the men point, I think a lot of men like we want our partners to be like front row. We want them to be the cheerleader, like we've we've got that culture. And I'm not saying that my wife isn't my cheerleader and that, but I'm saying, your wife's cheerleading your character, not your career. That's better because the career is up and down, like the career is going to do whatever it's going to do, but your characters who you are, Like, what do you want to be loved for? Do you want to be loved for the amount of followers you have? Or do you want to be loved for who you are and how you show up and what she believes you represent? And so I think it's genuinely been laughing about it and it can't have funny connotations, but I want to clarify, Like the point is, I think we all want to be loved for who we are and not loved for what we achieve.
Speaker 2: I did start listening to your podcast last year.
Speaker 8: That's guys, are hilarious.
Speaker 9: I love this.
Speaker 4: I love that your your voice was cracking, like.
Speaker 5: The stop stopping going.
Speaker 4: I can see like Ye's eyes starting well and out the two of you.
Speaker 5: It's awesome.
Speaker 6: There are a great lesson in the languages of love and acknowledging that that you know that we all love different ways and we receive love differently.
Speaker 10: You know, when I first met Andrea, she was she was serious as border health.
Speaker 4: Health, serious health.
Speaker 10: That's pretty serious's pretty serious serious Andrea when she was twenty ish, like I said, she was like really serious.
Speaker 9: I don't know if I saw that. But all of a sudden, over the last like five years, she is becoming one of the most funny pre people that I know, one of the most funniest persons, And.
Speaker 10: It just adds so much to our lives. And people don't know my dad was humorous, got that from his mother. They see him as as very serious what she always was publicly, but he also was extraordinarily humorous.
Speaker 5: Roddy's the comedian in our relationship.
Speaker 6: So what are some things that she does to make you as Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, Roddie's the gun busson that wakes up in the morning, does a random Daunce move, like just for fun, I walk into the kitchen, there's no music playing, there's no music playing, but Roddy's having a full on party just in her head. Yeah, And it's so much fun to watch. And just someone who's always looking at the bright side of life. Someone is always it's just so well.
Speaker 7: The time, you're painting me out to be like I can be a lot, It's okay, no you can't.
Speaker 1: She's but just yeah, she's hilarious in every possible way. She's making funny jokes. Everyone knows anyone who follows Rather on social media knows that she's hilarious and and my team finds it really funny because on Valentine's Day or on our anniversary or whatever, I'll write these like long, soppy, romantic, heartfelt messages because that's who I am, and Rather will post an Ai video of me tworking.
Speaker 5: I'm not joking, it's real.
Speaker 4: Will we share that on social media?
Speaker 5: Is that available? We're going to put that Valentine's Day? Okay? I was like, literally, I wrote this beautiful post and she's got a video of Ai twerking.
Speaker 2: You're a PDA person. Yeah, I struggle with that.
Speaker 6: We we obviously have laughed a lot today together and and that's that's that's wonderful, and it's so important we have to be very transparent that right now, it's it's very difficult for so many people, and so many people feel such an overwhelming fear, you know, disconnection, and so I would really I'm curious to hear from both of you. What would you offer to to people that are that are feeling that that fear, that that disconnection, the overwhelm, the the stress.
Speaker 7: Good question. Uh, you know the first thing that came to mind for me is whenever I feel like things are out of my control, or I feel like overwhelmed at what's happening around me, or even in our own life.
Speaker 2: Uh, there's this.
Speaker 7: Every time I feel like it's just me, the problem feels really difficult to handle. But as soon as I think the problem is me plus God, or me plus the universe or something that has a much higher power than I do, it starts to feel a little bit more manageable. And so I find that prayer for me has always been such a beautiful place to come to when all other hope feels lost.
Speaker 2: I think I get a lot of solace in prayer.
Speaker 7: And I think that also connects to the idea that if we can feel way more disconnected.
Speaker 2: When we don't feel connected.
Speaker 7: To ourself, and so whether it's practices and rituals to actually connect deeper to ourself that allows us to connect deeper to other people and have meaningful connections with others that help us through those times. I think reconnecting every single day in some way to who you are and having those moments are really important to be able to connect to someone else, to be able to feel understood or valued by other people, and yeah, I think for me, the main one always up being prayer because I'm like, at this point, I can't control anything because I'm leaving up to you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I would love to hear some of yours.
Speaker 1: There's something called the third space theory, and it's this idea that just around twenty five fifty years ago, we had three spaces we lived in, We had home, we had work, and then we had church or temple, synagogue, mosque. And what happened is that those three spaces shrunk to two spaces. We went from work to home and home to work. And now we all know that those two places have shrunk into one place. We work from home and we live at home. And what's happened is not that we've just lost three spaces, but we've lost what that third space provided us. So what happened at church or the community center or a place of gathering was you had a space to look back on work and home, state and everything else and reflect on how could I be better? What could I do differently? Let's figure out together what the solution is, what can we all band to do together. So the biggest challenge today is that we're all feeling the same feeling, but we're feeling it on our own. We're lonely feeling the same thing. And there's a big difference between being lonely feeling something and feeling belonging and feeling something. And so what I would encourage everyone to do is go and find your third space.
Speaker 5: Go and find your.
Speaker 1: Space of belonging, Go and find your space of connection. Go and find that space where you're with people of equal value, where you can share your heart, when you can hear other people's, when you can open up your mind, where you can carry someone else's burden. I think we've just lost that as a society, and I think these moments are great reminders that we are stronger when we are working together. We are better, and we're working together, and ultimately, when we're united and carrying each other's weight, the weight doesn't feel as large. And I think that's the biggest challenge today, is that we're all carrying the weight on our own and so finding that third space, creating that third space if you don't have it. The third space doesn't have to be two hundred people, two thousand people, twenty thousand people. It can literally be four people in a room that are reading scripture together, that are starting a book club, that are listening to this podcast and sharing what they learned from you and all your amazing guests that you've had on It starts that small, and I really feel that we have to create that third space, even because right now our third space is all of us sitting in front of the television, and the TV screen is the third space. The phone screen is the third space, and that third space isn't giving you what the original third space gave you.
Speaker 4: Jin Raddi, thank you for sharing your wisdom, your love with each other in that beautiful, authentic way. The extraordinary challenges that you've laid in front of us of how we can all our listeners and our viewers do small but deeply intentional things every day in our lives. And I want to relay some of those challenges again for the message that your partner is your guru. What a beautiful thing for our listeners to say to their loved ones, their partners after they listen to this, that you are my guru, You're the teacher you help me be better to say that intentionally to someone. And then I also love the small but powerful idea of while we're cooking to infuse the love, to say a little prayer. You know, Andrea your music, you know a little bit of love. Jane Raddy, thank you for living your legacies every single day and reminding us that purpose isn't something we find, it's something we create in our lives.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm so grateful to all of you for creating what felt like such a beautiful safe space.
Speaker 5: Even though we're connected virtually, it.
Speaker 2: Speaks to all of it.
Speaker 5: Jeezs it just felt like we were all in the same room, and so thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Thanks for joining us for the special best of episode on My Legacy with Jay Shetty and his wife Roddy Devlukia. If you want to hear the full conversation parts one and two, head to the My Legacy playlist wherever you get your podcasts, and stay tuned. We'll be sharing more highlights from our favorite episodes every Tuesday through the end of July. Don't forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode.