Speaker 1: Wake Up, Wake Up in in the morning and.
Speaker 2: It's on the radio and the Dodgers keeps on time.
Speaker 3: Already and his lunchbox More Game two Steve Bread and trying to put you through the fog.
Speaker 2: He's riding this week's next bit. The Bobby's on the box, so you know.
Speaker 3: What this.
Speaker 1: The Bobby balls.
Speaker 3: So during the break, there were drones over my house and I'm gonna start with that, and my wife's like, are those drones? And I'm like, don't be crazy. I'm the crazy one. We talked about drones, these big drones, and I'm like, those aren't drones. Night too, are those drones? Don't be crazy? This are drones. Night Three's like, I think those are drones over our house. I'm like, like, too big, like airplanes. But they weren't moving. So I would then attach. I would look at the dot and then because it was nighttime, and I would put it up like against a tree.
Speaker 2: Limb to see if it would move.
Speaker 3: So if I see the dot and I have it in line with the tree limb, and I would just say, it wouldn't move, And I'm like, maybe my wife's onto something better, vision, smarter, prettier, all that, and so she goes look out the window. The stupid thing was low enough. I could see it. It was a drone.
Speaker 1: Well what color was it?
Speaker 2: I mean, what's like, what's my handicap?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, vision.
Speaker 1: Anyway, only one art, beautiful, awesome, amazing.
Speaker 4: Wife saw the color. She just yells, and I get that. It's nighttime, she yells.
Speaker 3: And it's low enough though it's like dusk, but it's like dusk plus where it's dark. She's like, look now you can actually see it. So I look out the window. I see the full drone, the four flop and it's not like it's over our yard like watching us, not that famous, who cares. It's like over the neighborhood. And so the nerdy part about this, I'm on PlayStation and playing with my buddy and it has microphones.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, oh, I got there's a drone. So here my buddy Steve heard the whole thing.
Speaker 3: So I get on and you can see all this on my Instagram, mister Bobby Bones, because I'm gonna put up footage today I have. I don't have the really good footage, but I have footage to show that these things are just staying still. So I'm like, I'm now convinced that's a drowne. So I've got guns, and the first thing I think is, I'm gonna shoot this thing down. I don't want a drone over our house. Why somebody, If it's somebody in the neighbor flying a drone over, that ain't gonna happen. So grab the shotgun because got buckshot or spread slug. Got buck shot, probably should get bird shot though smaller balls a little more spread to it.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 3: So I grabbed the twelve gage and I loaded up, like I better look this up first and make sure that can nuts smart. And also we live in a neighborhood. There are no gun shots in our neighborhood. And my wife's like, don't shoot, don't shoot anything. And I don't want to do if a drone comes, like bye, I'm gonna shoot it down. I go and I google can you shoot down a drone? FA regulations? You cano shoot down a drone for any reason?
Speaker 2: Makes sense?
Speaker 3: Can't be shooting up in the air. Okay, that's the first thing. So I'm like, what do I do? And they list out the rules if there are drones flying above you what to do. Number one, put up a sign that says no drone zone. Okay, who's gonna give a crap about that? Flying over with the camera's gonna be like, oh yeah, you gotta dodge this house. Number two they say, called the cops. You know who's gonna laugh at me if I call the cops? Togo there's a drone over us?
Speaker 1: Or maybe not these days, because what are they gonna do.
Speaker 3: They're gonna show up and look up, they're gonna do this. Oh my god, there is You're right, Okay, next up they say that, and this is where, Oh I don't know if I should spoil it. They say, you can launch a counter drone. I bought a counter drone. It's not at the house yet. I bought a drone to go up and fight this thing. You're gonna have a war.
Speaker 2: I'm sending it. I'm sending a drone up to fight this thing. But how are you gonna put a net on it?
Speaker 1: Drive it or pilot it. I'm not gonna sit on it. No, you pilot it from the remote. You're you're gonna know how to go get right.
Speaker 3: Yet, here's the thing I'll worry about one time at the mall about one of the little helicopters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's so fun.
Speaker 3: And Eddie came over to the house and I'm like, dude, I bought a helicopter from the Kiosk, get the mall and you get on. It flies up. We put it in the tree in seven seconds and it never came down. It's probably still up there in Austin, Texas. So I'm worried I'm gonna do that. But I spent top dollar on a fighting drone. Now it's not listed as a fighting drone, but in my mind it's the drone for fighting. And I'm gonna send this drone up and I'm gonna because it says you can launch a counter drone to stop drones.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna fight this drone. I don't know if it's the drone like this the.
Speaker 3: Government's doing, but they've been over a house for a week and we're gonna have a drone fight. You ever seen top gun one? I haven't seen two, but I've seen one, and that's what we're gonna do. Well, I'm going full Tom Cruise on the drones and bear drone's not armed, not yet, Okay, I'm wondering though, if I could put like a balloon in it with like acid or something, and then I hit it, burns.
Speaker 5: Crashes, So what if it misses and then lands somebody's house. See, that's all I worried about it. If anybody doesn't allow that, I know. So that's been kind of the drama. Was that funny to you thought they would be harassed by drones?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, I was thinking of you the acid dropping aids in their backyard walking their dog.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but we're not worried about the gunshots, shells.
Speaker 3: Or I would rather shoot it down. That would be easier for me to shoot it down. But sometimes they're so high that there's no way I wouldn't shoot up. But this one was low enough where I could actually see it was a drone. I could see the four arms, the spinny arms.
Speaker 1: Are any of your other neighbors concerned?
Speaker 2: I don't know my neighbors, but this seems like.
Speaker 1: A good opportunity to get to know them.
Speaker 2: No, I don't care. They're probably in on it. They're probably the ones flying the drone. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Knock and they open up and the grays the aliens, and I realized that the Aliens.
Speaker 2: Something stored to me people.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no, but it should.
Speaker 2: Be coming today or tomorrow. I'm going to learn how to fly this drone.
Speaker 3: I'm sending up a counter drone and I'm gonna I'm bringing this thing down and then if this one doesn't work, because I figure out this, one of the trainer will come down, I'm buying another one, bigger and badder.
Speaker 2: Will you somebody look and see if they have drones to shoot? I'm sure they do.
Speaker 3: Can I get one of the government can get one of the government ones when they fly like in the Middle East?
Speaker 2: Oh the real drone?
Speaker 1: Hope not?
Speaker 2: Oh my godhead?
Speaker 7: Are one a small arms drone that can carry a firearm of five?
Speaker 2: I learned a drone on a shooting drone.
Speaker 1: This sounds like a terrible idea.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: So anyway, that's just that's my big story.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: This one's got a Skynet drone defense A standard twelve game shotgun can go with it.
Speaker 2: And that's how does it hold a shotgun?
Speaker 3: I would rather hooking at like hooks on my shoulders and lift me up with a shotgun and that. Yeah, and I'm flying up with it and then I shoot the drone down. But that's that's the plan. In case you guys are wondering, it will end disastrous and this will cost me a lot of money.
Speaker 2: I might be in jail.
Speaker 3: But you can watch all the steps so far are up on my Instagram, mister Bobby Bones, because it's happening in a lot of places. We talked about it before we went away from break, like the massive drone. By the way, I didn't say this the drones big. It's as big as my table here and my table m six feet long.
Speaker 1: And when are you putting up the footage?
Speaker 3: Well, no, no, I'm putting up the footage of like the laws and me talking about it what I have at not because that's a night time and drones can't see at night, which is the weird thing about drones. That's what he's flying over at night because it can't see at night unless they're looking for something like thermal gas. These drones are at night, so when you record your phone, all you can see like a single light. But it's not an airplane because it's not moving. I'm just sure I'm gonna put it up. I mean, I like I can't do it right now. So how big is your drone?
Speaker 2: Is this not that big? Can't afford the big ones.
Speaker 1: Yet your counter drone?
Speaker 8: That's good.
Speaker 3: Mostly I'm on like a seeking, like a monitor mission.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'll tell my whole life.
Speaker 3: Size doesn't matter. Okay, Okay, now I've been told, so I'm gonna stick by it.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 3: That's what's happening in my house. This could be a disaster, or I could be the guy that saves America.
Speaker 1: That's the storyline in your head right now.
Speaker 3: In my head, it's only going to go one of two ways. I'm in jail or I save America. Okay, and that's it. Ifs it, Oh, you'll know one way or the other. Okay, I'll be on the news one way or the other for sure. Call us if you want. Eight seven seven seventy seven, Bobby eight seven seven seventy seven, Bobby.
Speaker 2: Rebecca in North Dakota. Who's listening now, Hey Rebecca, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Hie?
Speaker 9: I think for teaching my call. First of all, you guys are amazing, and you in the morning on my way to work.
Speaker 2: Thank you, We're so thank you.
Speaker 9: I want I wanted to let you know that here in North Dakota, I wouldn't wait, I shoot that drone down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And if I lived in a more rural area of where I live, I would shoot the drone down too, or I would at least think about it more. For those that are just putting us on listening live, there's been some drones over our house, big ones, and one finally flew low enough for me to see and identify I was a drone, and so I looked it up, and you can't shoot them down FAA rules regulations, you go to jail. And maybe I wouldn't worry about it as much if I lived where there weren't houses right nearby, because the first thing I did was grab my gun. Well no, I mean I didn't immediately run to grab my gun, but I thought what can I do? And then I went and like put some you know then, and I held it in my hand, never really thinking I was gonna do it, but I wanted to like hold the gun and be like, oh, they'm gonna shoot this thing down, right.
Speaker 4: But FA regulations are still like yes, so even if you're in a rule area, I know, but.
Speaker 2: What are they gonna do you down?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you're probably related to the sheriff anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, I hear you. And if I were somewhere, I would think. But instead I bought a counter drone and when it gets to the house, I'm gonna send it up to find this thing and bring it down.
Speaker 1: And it's how what's the size difference between drowning your drugs?
Speaker 3: Well, I haven't got my drone of the mail yet. The drone above our house is like at least six feet long. It's massive, and this one probably not that big, but we're gonna do. I'm told than that. I think it's bigger from maybe Rebecca. Thank you for calling.
Speaker 9: Thank you, thanks for being there for us, everybody.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Bye, Lisa, and Chicago is on the phone. Let's go talk to Lisa. Hi, Lisa, good morning, Good morning, studio morning.
Speaker 9: Okay, I do apologize. I'm actually in Murphy's Borough, Tennessee. The last time I actually spoke with you, guys, I was actually driving home.
Speaker 2: From Chicago from a Brette Aldridge show.
Speaker 9: Anyway, Bobby, I saw you in Nashville at the at the Glow show. What actually happened was was that my daughter, uh, that you actually saw you in the hallway called me on the phone and said, I think Bobby's here, and I ran to the back. I introduced myself and asked you for an autograph. You actually signed my autograph. And I'm sitting there talking to you, and my daughters is standing there like this awestrung and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, and who are you? And You're like, She's like, my name is Ashley.
Speaker 9: And by the time, all of a sudden, then you shook my hand.
Speaker 1: After we talked, me and my daughter.
Speaker 9: Went back to our seats and she's like, oh my god.
Speaker 7: I met Bobby.
Speaker 1: This is great. I met Bobby.
Speaker 2: She looks, can me go home now?
Speaker 9: I met Bobby beginning of the concert hasn't even started yet. Awesome, totally awesome. We're going through the whole time. She's like, this made my night. We're actually when we were actually leaving the same thing, like the daughter was talking to my sister. She was unbelievable. I met Bobby. She broke Bobby shook mom's hand. Mommy touched to mom, Bobby got gave mom an autographed and all I'm doing.
Speaker 6: Is sitting there.
Speaker 9: So I want to thank you, not only for allowing me to get an autograph from you, because that was one of the highlights that I've always wanted to go head to. It is good one year at least one of your guys's autographed, but then I wanted to also go head saying thank you for making my daughter's night because it was like totally awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, I am lock them up a babies. Does that mean making the geese come too? No, I'm kidding. I remember meeting her and she we went to Brett Eldert show.
Speaker 3: Brett's on My Best Friends and he's doing this Christmas show and so we're like walking in the hallway going to see Brett and yeah, heard how I came up and I'm I'm happy to talk to anybody. So we sit and talk on the hallway for a little bit and she's like, she has a Brett vinyl record and she's like, will you signed this.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you don't want me to sign this. I'm not even Bread's record, you know, I don't want to run it.
Speaker 4: Ever.
Speaker 1: She didn't even see Brett show and she met you and she's like, we can go home now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a daughter though, I just felt weird.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to do it, but I always feel like people are gonna get at home and go like, why do we make him sign Bread's record now it's runed? But no, it's super nice to me. The show is excellent. Next year if he tours Christmas again, you should go. But it was an awesome show, right.
Speaker 9: Lisa, Oh yeah, most definitely. And the funny thing is that I'm I hate to say that I had to sign the back because on the front is actually Brett's autograph because I got the autograph in the Chicago store at at the Chicago concert and.
Speaker 4: That was what it was.
Speaker 9: A friend of mine also a friend of mine, and we're both trying to go ahead and get autographs because the actual album is welcome to the family. To me, not only the autographs that I have on the front from other people as well as trying to get yours and other people that he knows is you're part of his family. And I feel as as part of knowing him is that makes that makes perfect sense.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for the call, and you can always frame it and no one ever sees mind because the front will be just brats. Appreciate that you guys, call us if you want eight seven seven seventy seven Bobby.
Speaker 2: The most viral show clip of the Year.
Speaker 3: This is kind of the awards from last year went to Hawk Tua in studio talking about her relationship with the guys who uploaded that original clip that made Hawk to a famous.
Speaker 2: Have you talked to that dude him? Thank you for what making you famous?
Speaker 4: And well, see, we reached out to him and I asked him to stop posting those videos and he never did.
Speaker 1: He blocked us all and everything.
Speaker 3: I'm not telling him thank you for anything really, So you reached out to go, hey, would you chill on that?
Speaker 2: And he blocked you.
Speaker 1: I mean he posts. When I'd be like, oh, that's it, he would come another one.
Speaker 2: A few days later.
Speaker 1: I was like, man, maybe that's it. You'd come another one.
Speaker 2: Then just I won that whole interview with her that's like twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: It did so many views, and then she got wildly famous, and then she sold Hot Cooin and she's gone, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to bed now, goody everybody. It never came back. She's still gone. That's crazy. It's crazy. Her podcast going to She's in hiding and she's actually really funny.
Speaker 3: And I was like, doing a great job. But yes, right right, as of right now, there is no hot to e oh. Next up, the Amy moment of the year.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what this could be.
Speaker 2: Well, of all last year, the.
Speaker 3: Number one Amy moment was Amy getting locked inside her own bedroom, of course, and having to be rescued. What she should have been here at the show. She's locked in her own bedroom.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, yeah, help, Actually it's here working on it. So my kids. I banged and screamed loud enough where they woke up and tried to help and put in. But I called some people and so they're actively working on it right now. What am I supposed to do?
Speaker 3: Like, we're to the left?
Speaker 9: Okay, I love it, Okay, Hey, thank you so much, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Amy a'ally like one of those Chilean miners. It was trapped in in the mine for three weeks that Cliff did X nite things. I was in there for well over an hour, locked in her own room. You're hilarious. Next up, lol, segment of the year Eddie getting new hair and it was a great and the hair system see what some people call it tupe. It's not called that because this is a high level. It actually looked great. The woman who came in it did a great job. But it was just so funny because Eddie is bald and when you got hair, here's the talk of the town. I would just walk down the street. People don't even know its me from the show. They'd be like, and Eddie got new.
Speaker 2: Hair as talk of the town in my life.
Speaker 3: If you go back and just look at the open maybe we'll put some of this stuff back on social media today. Eddie getting new hair still makes me laugh out loud when I see the pictures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a second of the year.
Speaker 3: The money maker of the Year, Ray Mundo's Royal Caribbean stock rose more than any stock we invested in. Ray, you get the award from money Maker of the Year, money loser of the Year lunchbox is paletate.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, big time.
Speaker 8: No, you haven't lost any money on that.
Speaker 3: We have given money and not gotten anything back. Yes, And that was a freak out of the year two when he we thought he was gonna kill us all. Now kill is strong at least kill abby. Yeah, he was like saying it was yelling the F word.
Speaker 8: We were all in the it was on.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a strong word.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: The article of clothing of the year, we know it, Lunchbox. Where's a hoodie to a black tie event the Cmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was black and white good and that.
Speaker 3: I thought Lunchbox was gonna kill Morgan, because Morgan I would like standing up to. I was like, no, we didn't think you were going because you showed up in a hoodie, so we're like, we don't think you're going, and they got into a big fight.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 3: Uh, congratulations to the hoodie. Tell it, congratulations on it. Toward it's there on the bedroom floor.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you so?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I haven't watched it yet.
Speaker 2: It's not the bathtub where you put your dirty clothes.
Speaker 7: Well, I actually emptied the bathtub trying to do all my laundry over the last you know whatever, two weeks and there's still a pile that I didn't get to and I didn't reach my goal.
Speaker 3: So for those that are new, did this radio program or podcast Lunchbox puts his dirty clothes in his bathtub?
Speaker 2: That's right, that's what it's used for.
Speaker 3: It's a hamper, not a hamper his bathtub. Now for viral performance of the year, that means they had to perform on this studio stage, and it got the most views of the videos we post on our YouTube channel. Ella Langley and Riley Green you Look Like You Love Me from our studio, which by the way, got very fortunate because we had them in when it was just a viral TikTok song. Now the song's a monster, obviously, and we didn't know Riley was coming up. I just had Ella coming up because I didn't know her, and then Riley showed up and they performed it, and it's pretty awesome and it gets that something that goes, excuse me, you look like you love me. Watch it on our YouTube channel because we cannot put it on the podcast. But there's that. And number two, very close was the Red Clay Strays, which is easily one of the most dynamic performances. And that's one of those because I'll do it three or four times a year where I'm extremely selfish and I just want to bring up music that I personally love and now they're popping. But at the time I was just a fan and I guess again, I found them on TikTok and their song, all their songs they did here, they were at number two. So check those out on our YouTube channel, which, by the way, if you don't mind, go subscribe to our YouTube channel. Just go search for the Bobby Bone Show and you can see all the performances that happened here.
Speaker 1: Bobby's nice.
Speaker 2: This mom is.
Speaker 3: Struggling because her eyes were glued shut, and you're like, how someone's eyes get glue shut.
Speaker 2: Well, she thought it was eyedrops. Oh my gosh, oh super glue.
Speaker 3: That's terrible, and so she grabbed the nail glue, which again different than I mean. It is strong, but it's like I say, nail glue. It's probably something that she uses semi frequently. It's not like she's looking for viasine. And she goes into the craft's cabinet. That's that sucks for her. She did to the hospital. They have not been able to get all the glue out of her eye. It has to remain shut for five to seven weeks. One of the eyes is completely still shut, and at least one of them. I think she can get it.
Speaker 1: But about how long your nails would last year, That's what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, Like, shout out to the nail nail companies to develop a glue that is that strong.
Speaker 2: I think that's what we're missing there.
Speaker 11: That's from.
Speaker 2: W CCB Charlotte.
Speaker 3: An I woman once t tow hundred and fifty thousand dollars from Christmas gift lottery ticket.
Speaker 2: Oh man, very Christmas, and I a woman for.
Speaker 3: Sure, had a particularly memorable Christmas. She got a ticket in her stocking two hundred and fifty thousand dollars winter from UPI and I got these weird burbs. Sorry, I try to eat so much during the break or drinks because I don't man.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Though.
Speaker 3: Darley Carpenter sixty one said her husband gave her a scratch off on him stocking and show.
Speaker 1: Two and fifty thousand dollars amazing.
Speaker 3: I yeah, he wins too, though, better than like a cousin and a family get together giving somebody and they win, and then you don't cut cousin in and it's all weird.
Speaker 2: Your husband gave you a ticket, like then you both split it.
Speaker 5: She could use that however she wants, though, Yeah, but I'm saying it's their money.
Speaker 2: He can go, Okay, well we're getting divorced and I'll take half. But no, no, they're not going to do that. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Studies show it's not great to be around other people if you're trying to eat healthier. We eat more when worth family and friends, and when you with family of friends, you tend to have celebration food for the most part. I like people get together and have a bunch of blocks. So eating with other people leads to consuming more and usually worse foods. So they say, just don't have friends and live alone. Oh come on, now, they don't say that. That's they're like, be aware of those situations. As from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, an Illinois man discovers a Christmas gift and this is wild in the wall with his name on it, forty six years after his first wrapped and put in the wall to hide like everybody's siding and gifts so the kids will find it, and they couldn't find it, And he found it forty six years.
Speaker 2: Later in the wall like the family home. That's funny.
Speaker 3: An Illinois man is remodeling his childhood home and so they're ripping the walls down.
Speaker 2: They found a gift. It was Disney themed wrapping paper bathroom.
Speaker 3: Wall and the paper held up pretty good, and so he opened it up and they believed the gift was purchased in nineteen seventy eight, when he was six years old. It's a model airplane set made in the seventies, Dane matchbox thunder Jit.
Speaker 1: What would be crazy is if it's actually worth something because it's.
Speaker 3: In a box right right yet Yeah, Yeah, that's where my memory Willia mind goes. Yeah, that's pretty cool. Apple's set to pay ninety five million bucks to settle lawsuit. According to Siri spying, how.
Speaker 1: Do we find out if we're part of the series spying?
Speaker 6: Does that?
Speaker 2: Probably everybody is.
Speaker 3: Apple has agreed to pay ninety five million dollars to settle a class action lawsuit that alleged private communications by current former user of the devices carrying the Serie Virtual Assistant were recorded by the tech giant. The proposted settlement was filed in December thirty first, twenty twenty four. The prelim agreement, which was approved by the district judge. There's a five year battle quote. Individuals who have purchased or use Sia devices and interacted with Siri have not consented to Apple recording conversations where you say, hey, I'm not gonna say it because everybody will go off. So what's happening is Siri was recording that when people weren't saying that, Oh okay, got it.
Speaker 10: But you expect that, right because it can't hear you unless it's listening all the time.
Speaker 2: It's listening all the time.
Speaker 10: But that's why, Yeah we knew series been listening the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how they get get us ads exactly. Yeah, I mean it really is.
Speaker 4: I actually like say keywords out loud, so my phone does feed me things.
Speaker 3: And he's like a discount on leggings just for no reason, and all of a sudden it pops up. Yeah you know, it doesn't really say how you can get in on it. But what sucks is it's a big news story now, so everybody's gonna get in on it. And so now you'll get like an.
Speaker 2: From over the break.
Speaker 3: This guy won the one point two two billion dollar jackpot and mega millions.
Speaker 7: And you know what state lunchbox, I assume California, California. I just saw that they won, and I was like, well, I don't need to check Mark.
Speaker 10: Why is it always California?
Speaker 8: It always is, dude, you tell me.
Speaker 3: So Lunchbox will give you the conspiracy theory, and I will give you what I really think is happening.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, lunchbox. I mean, there's some someone in California. They know something.
Speaker 7: There is something going on where they automatically look at the tickets bought in California. You're like, all right, that's the numbers we're gonna draw tonight. I don't know what it is, but there is a why would they do that? Tax reasons?
Speaker 3: State gets some of the money for like education or whatever bull craft they say they're doing. My answer to that would be massive population in California. With the markets there la second biggest market, San Diego, San Francisco, so.
Speaker 2: There's just more people playing. So California wins more because there's more people playing.
Speaker 7: But California over all the other staff, I mean forty nine versus one, and the one always wins.
Speaker 3: That's come on, That's not exactly how it happens, because I don't think every state is legal. And then also it's like some of this, oh no, dude, it's like the whole Midwest basically does by mega millions.
Speaker 2: And secondly, it's just look at population. Don't do forty nine plus one?
Speaker 4: Do like.
Speaker 3: Population of California is probably worth like nineteen other states when they do this. But yeah, I know they hit from one point two two billion as life changing.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but even half of that life changing?
Speaker 3: No one point one buillion out pass one point two now we're talking.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Scam Alert CBP warns against a phone scam by fake Border Patrol agents.
Speaker 2: Scam Alert.
Speaker 3: US Customs and Border Patrol issued a warning about a phone scam targeting residents nationwide where scammers posed as CBP officers.
Speaker 2: What's that same party? What CBP? I don't know, did your Mexican.
Speaker 1: I don't know the Border Patrol.
Speaker 2: I thought you had no no clue.
Speaker 10: Cb you grew up right near the border, central border.
Speaker 2: Okay, now you make it up. I thought you'd know that you grew up on the border.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: The agency emphasized that had not made calls requesting money or social security numbers. Scammer has been using tactics such as providing fake employers CBP Customs and Border Protection.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Remember, the record didn't go to you only because you're in Mexican, because it could have gone to Mike. But you grew up more in the Dallas this area.
Speaker 10: I was born, grew up on the border winn And Raise, seven miles north of Mexico.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what CBP was.
Speaker 3: Major winterstorm threatens parts of central US with snow, ice, even blizzard.
Speaker 2: Chicago Tribune. I thought we may have some stuff this morning.
Speaker 3: Here we did.
Speaker 2: It's cold. It sucks. This is the worst part of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but for us, it's like nothing compared to other parts.
Speaker 2: It's for us it's worse. We're not used to this. Oh, this is awful.
Speaker 3: And but yes, now shout out to like North Dakota's South Dakota, Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: You guys, that's so cool.
Speaker 4: Like the amount of snow someplace has got in the last twenty four hours, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: And then finally, a United passenger is banned from the airline for peeing on another flyer.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I can't do that.
Speaker 9: Why is this?
Speaker 2: You cannot do that? That's a great point.
Speaker 3: Everybody can do this. From the New York Post a business class passenger, business class first class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is like money has been well probably drunk, I mean probably, like, let's.
Speaker 8: You have money if you're flying brost business.
Speaker 4: Let's hope if you're peeing on somebody on an airplane. You are inebriated or you're you're out of it completely.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The Antity Court December twenty seventh Mery Christmas from the guy was a sleeping business class. It was a really long flight. He woke up found himself soaked from the stomach down four hours into the fifteen hour flight. Oh man, and what if you don't, oh man, nobody this is leaving San Francisco and it's going overseas, Like, I mean, if the.
Speaker 8: Guy is getting he's like, no one knows he won't.
Speaker 1: He woke up, he was wet.
Speaker 2: This is what I would say. It's dark.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming this is a long flight, so it's nighttime. And if you're peeing on somebody, I don't think it makes a lot of noise, but you don't have to stay. I'm assuming he's not standing up doing like the Colvine hobbs.
Speaker 2: Remember that sticker on the back of.
Speaker 10: Chucking like two thousand and one Chevy or something.
Speaker 3: H Yeah, yeah, I'm assuming he's not, like I know, he's probably just like whoa Okay. Flight attendants provided good years with pajamas to change into after the incident. That was a complete stranger that flights that long. They do, that's cool, first class. The chosen to relieve himself directly out of this sleeping passenger rather than use the facilities.
Speaker 2: He had to be drunk his crap right.
Speaker 1: Or on a pill, like a sleeping pill.
Speaker 7: And the guy that got Pete on his daughter was like, she thought he thought he was dreaming, like when he was getting wet.
Speaker 2: She thought he was part of that.
Speaker 8: He thought it was part of his.
Speaker 2: Dream, and he was really soaked in urine.
Speaker 10: You've never sleepwalks and pete that when you're drunk, dude, No, No, I did that when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: No, I went in the trash can, but not on a person. I don't think I've ever sleepwalks. It happens. I'm just saying, you got drunk in my house once. That was keet in the corner of your bedroom. My life heard it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, right, that's the news. Bobby's voicemail one from Kyle.
Speaker 11: Me and my best friend were starting a podcast, and I wanted to ask from those who do podcasts, which everyone's on the show does podcast what's a piece of practical advice you'd give to someone who is just now starting a podcast very.
Speaker 3: Easy because the hardest thing about a podcast is doing it over and over and over and over again. Just commit, just commit to doing it once a week, every week, consistently, forever forever. It's gonna take forever to build. But then when it does finally hit, and be as nuanced and niched as possible, like dial In on the exactly like I don't know if there's a big enough audience there is. Why podcasts are awesome is because you can literally talk about season three of the Simpsons. We have a whole podcast on just season three of the Simpsons, and you will if you do it long enough and you do a good job at it, you get better at it. You will have an audience. So be super niched and be very consistent. That doesn't mean do one every day because you'll never be able to do that. So that's the advice. And technology is getting so much better you don't need to spend a bunch of money on equipment.
Speaker 9: It's great.
Speaker 3: Good luck everybody has a podcast, which is all which is amazing because everybody has a chance to succeed, but it does make it harder because it's saturated.
Speaker 8: Good luck, but be so.
Speaker 3: Like dial in on such a tight niche something very specific, because if you're like, well, I'm just interview people and get their awesome stories, dude, there's ten million podcasts like that, and unless you're really famous or the people you're interviewing are really famous, nobody's gonna come to it the end. A little passionate about that, but I like look for shows to hire all the time, and it's like they're like, we want to do we want to like be real, haven't do real interviews. I'm like everybody says that, and like, if you're not super famous, you have to get super famous guests. If you're gonna do an interview show, or if you're like super specific about one thing, you have to get like extremely credible people to come on and get because everybody's doing interview shows anyway. Kyle, good light, Budy all right, next up.
Speaker 9: Hey, y'all, I just wanted to say thank you so much for putting out podcasts during the Christmas break.
Speaker 1: I can't tell if the reruns or not.
Speaker 8: So awesome to you guys.
Speaker 9: I do depend on this podcast every day, y'all. I like my friends.
Speaker 2: That's awesome of you guys. Anyway, I love this show, and thank you so much for doing that.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the voicemail. I think it was a mixture. We did some new shows, new content shows that went up during the break, and probably some of the best as we run, because you guys put those up to scuba, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, he left the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but we did. We wanted because I hate what my my podcast. I listened to don't populate like oh, because I have such a rhythm, and we did a couple, we did some new ones and then yeah, I appreciate that, but we tried to do a little extra work so you guys would have that all right.
Speaker 5: Next up, I was just listening to the new Chris Tableton song with Stu Liba, and then I was saying with the Thomas Red song with Teddy Swims, what's up with the new sound?
Speaker 3: What do you think about that it does not sound like country?
Speaker 9: Such your thoughts?
Speaker 3: I think mostly you're you're hearing people that are country sing stuff that maybe aren't this country. Because you don't have to always stay in a specific lane. You know, me and my whole that ain't country. That's been said for one hundred years. It will always be set for one hundred more years. It needs to be said, because the music has to evolve. It has to evolve where it's going to die. If it stayed sounding like Bob Will's Texas Playboys forever, it would be dead. When Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys amped up a still guitar, they were like, that's sack of religious to country music. We cannot believe so, but that's happened with every decade of country music. There's been that version of amping up a still guitar. There's been bringing in electric guitars. There's been like Sam Hunt, he talks in songs. It's not country, Go listen to some Johnny Cash. When that's what he would do, he would talk through songs. So I'm not going to get in that battle of what's country and what's not country because there is no correct answer. But if it ever stayed the same and a lot of people now think that just like that nineties traditional cowboy hat country like that's what country to them, that's what country is. But the original country music is from Europe and the slave ships of Africa, and that combination is what ended up making country music, and that's why it comes from the South. Where do you think all the slaves were? And so that's so if anyone's ever that's not country, the really easy thing to do is be like, well, I guess if it's not a fiddle or a banjo and it's not from Europe or Africa, it's not country. Your version of it's wrong too. So nobody's really wrong. But I would say with these specific examples, I don't think they're claiming these are super country. I think they're just country artists who are doing some stuff on the edges, which is totally cool. What is tennis swims soul singer? Okay, big big white dude, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, that's my ted talk on country music. Like, I don't even care to gain with people anymore because I just feel when people go, well that aint country, I just feel like, well, you're too stupid for me to actually talk sense into you. That's why I feel like, so there's no need in me wasting my energy trying to educate you, because you're either too stupid or quite ignorant in ignorance. I'm ignorant in a lot of stuff, and I like to think that I learned through some of that ignorance. I'm sure they're stupid parts of me too that I don't even realize. But when people are like dead on it, like that ain't country, they're stupid because they don't know the history of country music. So but yeah, no, I don't think that even Chris Stableton or Thomas Wright be like, yeah, these songs we did, that's definitely traditional country music. So no, I fully support people like exploring the edges. What I don't like personally is when someone comes from out of country into country because it wasn't popping for them out of country, which is different than like a post moll owner Beyonce. They're popping everywhere, they did not need to do a country project. I'm all good with that because that just means they want to come over and like be a part of something there that they like and enjoy and want to create inside of. And they're not claiming to be forever lifetime country artists. But I totally am great with that part of it. But it's it's the when the artists come over that weren't and the only reason they're coming over is because it wasn't working there, so now they're going to come over here. An example of that not happening that people think did happen would be Michelle Branch in the records. So Michelle Branch is killing in the pop world. She got to a huge record fight. They wouldn't let her to put out a they hold her record's hostage, so she's like, screw this. And she's a singer songwriter anyway, which is very and she was like, if they'll let me do that, I'll create a band and I'll go over here where I can like write and be singer songwriter. And the records were a brief but massive thing here and then after that was over, she was like, I'm good. But that was because they the record label wouldn't put on her music because it was so singer songwritery from that time when she popped, but it was so different that the music had changed so much, and they were like, no, you need to do something different. She like, I don't want to do anything different. I want to have a guitar. I want to sing. So that's one of those where people think she did that but didn't. And there are some too, like Joel probably is somebody who came to country because it wasn't popping over there as much anymore. But I do think that she comes from country like Alaska. I think what she was doing actually was kind of country. So I have to take a jewel back. Yeah, but not fully, but there are those Maybe I fully take jewel back. I mean need to investigate that one more. I want to be stupid on that. I want to be ignorant on that. But I felt like Joel did that. But maybe I should think definitely because she definitely is from like the Alaskan I don't know all Alaska's country.
Speaker 10: Pretty much the wild yeahier, yeah, I can.
Speaker 3: Maybe I was wrong about that. Uh, okay, give me the next one.
Speaker 6: Recently, this Christmas we in Austum. My mom's my stepdad has stayed four cans. I was wondering if you could like to shout out my mom. It'll mean a lot, Darren. She listens to y'all every every morning, and like we used to listen to you going to school and everything. That would mean a lot, Darren. And she really needs like a little pickup because it's not been easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish I knew her name. Shout out mom, And I hope your stepdad, you know, it ends up in the best of health and I can definitely understand what that would be so tough. So yeah, I wish I know your mom's name, would even send her something. We have our number, Scuba left room. He's all out here, so we can track down a number. We'll send them. We'll send them something anything you want to say there, what do you say?
Speaker 4: I know, I was just thinking, look, we need names, we need number of address, Like I feel like sending something would be really spot on for that, just to brighten their.
Speaker 3: Day, so we can track you down, Zach. Yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 4: Little moments, And that's what I just encouragement. If you know anybody that's going through something like that, just it doesn't have to be anything big, or just even a text or a note saying hi, or a little a little gift to brighten their day or.
Speaker 2: A big gift would be awesome, or a big but like car, Okay, it'd be so awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right there two or two cars, or some fuzzy socks, an airplane, god, a dang or an island. Okay, those are your voice mouse, Thank you. Hundreds of unsuspecting Royal Caribbean passengers they had been filmed by hidden cameras planning in the bathrooms by an ex employee now serving thirty years in federal prison on child porn charges. Oh Man, the former cabin attendant, was sentenced to three decades behind bars after he pleaded guilty to producing child sexual abuse by filming girls he was detained at sea. I wonder if you get like a helicopter right off, or if they have to like put you in a room until they get back to land to rescue.
Speaker 4: I guess depends on how serious it is. But they have, don't they have like little I'm sure they have like a.
Speaker 8: Maybe I know, stadiums do.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Boats do have to?
Speaker 8: You would think so, because there's so much that happens on a boat. People got to be getting the prison all the time.
Speaker 3: So tell us more.
Speaker 8: There's so much.
Speaker 3: I mean, what happens out there. Yeah, you've been out there a bunch right.
Speaker 2: There once.
Speaker 7: But I just assume those boats are crazy and people get crazy because they think, oh, I'm on bake ash, I can do anything.
Speaker 8: I'm in international waters.
Speaker 4: That was someone like that, Someone doing something like that, you'd think, Bobby, they'd helicopter.
Speaker 3: Or it'd be like serious, yes, or just push them off the side.
Speaker 8: I doesn't even go overboard.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. Yeah, like accidentally investigators comps got his electrical devices and found all the videos New York Posts.
Speaker 2: We were in an Airbnb.
Speaker 3: During Thanksgiving, so not the last break, but a few days we took off for Thanksgiving and I didn't.
Speaker 8: Buy the airbnb.
Speaker 3: Someone had bought the Airbnb and some were staying at Thanksgiving, and my wife was like, man, I just feel weird in some of these places because I feel like people are put cameras everywhere. And it was really the first time that I kind of felt that creepy feeling too, maybe because the place was kind of creepy looking. It was like a little too slick. I don't even know.
Speaker 8: There's not even a reason produced some snoop and got a check.
Speaker 10: Did you say that?
Speaker 3: But they're so no because we didn't stay. Okay, we went and ended up staying with her. So her sister had a new baby, and so some of us were staying in Airbnb Thanksgiving. A couple people were staying with her and we just went and stayed in another room at their house instead of the Airbnb. We're like, screw the baby, We're not getting camera but yeah, I kind of felt too because they're so they're so good at not being detected. They look like normal things. They go into sockets, sure, they go into smoke detectors, and then you can basically record somebody pooping with any anything who wants wants somebody use a bathroom.
Speaker 8: Though yeah, I don't really know that, like I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: Good, that's good, I'm glad.
Speaker 3: But every time I here was like I gotta get it.
Speaker 7: Like I let my wife go to the bathroom for me, she has to close door, Like I cannot do that in front of me. That is the only I've seen three babies come out of you, but we do not you go to the bathroom with the door closed.
Speaker 8: Yeah. That that the cameras, man, how easy are they to get? Cameras?
Speaker 9: That are so?
Speaker 3: Because again how easy they are affects how many there are around, because I've never looked up discreet like could you can you get on Amazon? And pretty sure you can?
Speaker 8: Like you want me to google bathroom hidding cameras.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying about bathrooms, but like, let's say living even if they're not wanting to watch a peer poop, even if they're wanting to watch you in the living room, just monitor to see what you're doing.
Speaker 8: They're not supposed to.
Speaker 2: Have that, right, Yeah, most are like nanny cams.
Speaker 3: So it's like a teddy Bear on the wall, or it's like a little thing that you can just put into something. Oh, you can put in the outlet, that's what That's what I've saying a minutego, Like, I would never not even look.
Speaker 8: Ka Ultra HC Wi Fi streaming camera USBC outlet.
Speaker 1: Oh I do not, like.
Speaker 8: I can buy it right now.
Speaker 10: That's why you have to check everything in the Airbnb camera.
Speaker 3: There are things that I wouldn't even like the wall.
Speaker 10: Dude, I take paintings off, pictures off, look in the back.
Speaker 1: Do you do the same thing in a hotel room?
Speaker 4: No, it's the same years back before even all this, Like look what happened to Aaron Andrews people camera?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's here's the cruise ships have small secure rooms called a brig or holding cells that serve as a temporary jail for passengers or crew members who violate the Cruise Line Code of Conduct.
Speaker 8: He was a crewman person, Yeah, came in late.
Speaker 3: That's what I would use it for. What you came in late, like people like people illegal, like you didn't do your job today.
Speaker 1: Don't get any ideas.
Speaker 2: Already going you know, minds going, Yeah, that's creepy.
Speaker 3: I feel bad. Throw them off the vote, well off the vote. You can't, though, you can't do vigil at justice because every one out of a thousand it turns out they were being either people wrong about it, they were being framed that the cop had something personal that made him, uh find You just can't. That's why you can't do vigil anting justice. As much as you want to. You want to go out and slumm to may they have baseball bat or kill them, or you can't because every every great once in a while, you're wrong. And if you vigilant justice somebody that didn't do it, it's not good. It's not what our justice system is about. And we did not have a perfect just system by any means.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, but all right, Bobby Bone.
Speaker 8: Showy up today.
Speaker 7: This story comes us from Las Vegas, Nevada. Police got a call around three am that there was a body in front of a business and they come, they drive up and there's a dead body right there in the bushes. Like ah, that's weird. Oh that's a funeral home. Let's go check it out. Oh no, no, no, And they see, oh, there's a window that's broken. Someone had unlocked the door. They look at the surveillance video. Someone broke the window, walked around the funeral home, stole the casket, and now as they were dragging it down the street, the body fell out.
Speaker 3: I was hoping it was somebody drunk. For the first time, I wanted to be somebody drunk in the bush. And so why would someone steal the casket?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 7: When they recognized the woman on the video, they arrest her and she goes, I was drunk. I don't remember going in there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, I get it.
Speaker 10: Then I thought maybe they were trying to take their loved one back.
Speaker 3: But also what got that? Yeah, the casket. I thought maybe there's some gold in it. You know, people go and steal a lot of stuff, scrap metal. What do they try to steal out of, like p jewelry.
Speaker 8: Oh I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, converts, yeah, muffler. Well, so anyway, I thought that's what it was, but it wasn't. Someone was stealing a casket drunk, realized it was the body and they're dumped it out and then they take the casket.
Speaker 8: Still, they took the casket, but they said they don't even remember what they did.
Speaker 1: The casket caskets are expensive.
Speaker 2: Though bad for her.
Speaker 3: I feel bad for her. No wants a problem at least that nice did. Okay, I'm lunch box.
Speaker 8: That's your bonehead story of the day.
Speaker 2: One of my top five favorite shows of all time was Squad Games one. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: I loved it so much. I was obsessed with it. I wouldn't watch it again because I didn't want it to be as beautiful. But my wife was like, hey, because we were both sick the whole break, almost the whole time. One of us was sick and I was gonna watch Squid Game two but we're both sick, and she was like, no, I want to watch it with you. And I'm like, you, I watch Quid Game one. You can't just start Squid Game two. And she's like, I watch Quid Game one and I was like, I don't know, wait a week because it's nine episodes are all an hour long. She's like, okay, cool, I said, forty eight hours. She's like done. She watched all nine hours in a day. Then again we're sick. There's nothing we can do during the road. Yoh. She crushed it and I ended up watching a few of those episodes back with her, and I just kind of refell in love with it. And I don't like watch stuff over again anyway. And so I'm like, man' squid Game one elite, and I don't watch it with them speaking Korean. I watch it with the subtitle. Well, you can do either dubbed over or you can do subtitles, or you can do like we do, dubbed over and subtitles just to make sure we don't miss. So then we watched squid Game two and it's that series is so good and now I'm obsessed. All my TikTok is Korean. Now I'm watching k pop people and no purpose. But like I've been watching enough squid Game stuff, Like I know all the K pop stars.
Speaker 10: It's given you Korean pop culture.
Speaker 3: Now now given I'm taking, I'm accepting he wants it. Yeah, that's OK, because I'm learning about all the actors on it now. And like the rapper in Squid Game two, no spoilers, he's a real rapper in real life in South Korea. They watched squid Game two. No, I'm halfway done.
Speaker 4: I haven't even watched one.
Speaker 3: So this is out. So I'm gonna say this. This is not a spoiler.
Speaker 9: Mike.
Speaker 2: You watch it, Oh yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Realize that they made a really long series and they had to cut in half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Squid Game two was really the first half of squid Game two. Squid Game three, which comes out in a few months, is the second half. So it's really good. And like most series is, it's like wow when it's over, like twenty in one. When it's over, you're like, oh my god, I get away, can't wait, let's go. And it took three years to come out. Whenever squid Game two ends, you're like, whoa they actually shot like fourteen episodes on seven episodes. Yeah, and so squad Game three comes out in June.
Speaker 4: Oh so you have to wait as long.
Speaker 2: It's my show.
Speaker 3: I want to move to Korea, want to want to I want to quit this crap and go to Korea. Oh yes, crazy and just be I'm BTS is number one fan. Now I didn't even like it back then, Like but u uh, it's great. Squad Game one by far is better because it shocks you did right, you just watched The lunch Box. It's shocking.
Speaker 8: Gosh, so it'll rock your world.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know about that. That feels like a different thing.
Speaker 6: Interesting.
Speaker 3: He's it'll make you feel good, you aysual back in your head. No, wait, nuts, it's great, but at squid Game two is the biggest opening for Netflix ever.
Speaker 2: Well, you haven't seen one, No, you should watch it.
Speaker 4: I watched part of episode one way back when. Ye like Americans, I couldn't get into it.
Speaker 1: No, that's not good.
Speaker 8: You couldn't get into it.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. I tell you. I'll tell you why. She that's too many things at once.
Speaker 8: That's right, she's not paying at She likes to iron and.
Speaker 3: Juggle and ride a unicycle and then try to watch a show.
Speaker 8: Correct, you're right. If you're not paying attention, you're not going.
Speaker 3: To get pay attention.
Speaker 1: That could be it.
Speaker 4: But sort of like the other one. Everybody loved Game of Thrones.
Speaker 3: I try.
Speaker 4: I know what I'm saying. It's a pop culture thing that you.
Speaker 3: Like Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: But you think I would like this? Yes, okay, maybe I'll give it a go.
Speaker 3: Even My wife was like, I don't think i'm gonna like it, but I'll watch it so we can watch it.
Speaker 8: And then she was like, let's just.
Speaker 3: Watch the next part of the second when you're sick. It's like no, I'm telling you. It's so she had been healthier, even better. I think, Okay, we're done by everybody.
Speaker 1: Bobby Bones Bobby Bones the.
Speaker 3: Bobby Bones Show theme song, written, produced and sang by read Yarberry. You can find his instagram at read Yarberry, Scuba Steve executive producer, Raymondo, head of Production.
Speaker 8: I'm Bobby Bones.
Speaker 3: My instagram is mister Bobby Bones.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to the podcast.