Speaker 1: You can ask for them to bake your chicken wings. Where are you ordering from?
Speaker 2: No, I specifically look for places that bake. I prefer bakeover fry. Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's interesting, Okay? Is it? I?
Speaker 2: Is it that interesting? Is your life so boring that that is the boat? Or are you just trying to find a word because figure.
Speaker 1: You out, Michelle Bete, I'm trying to figure you out. That's what it is. You are. You are layered, I know, but you'd be doing some uh, you'd be doing some secret ship like I didn't know. You get baked chicken wings and ship come over to your house and have a baked chicken wing. That's wild.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey, you can leave them at the door. Okay, I'll be right out.
Speaker 1: It's the chicken wing man.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, Bye, missy. They call you now. They call you. They want to make sure you got these wings.
Speaker 1: Bitch. Welcome, Welcome, y'all. This is adulting. You've reached the right address. I'm Jordan Carlos. I'm joined as always by my coat from go Michelby to Michelle. How you doing say something to the people?
Speaker 2: You know what I have. I've just given up on the idea of finding my belly. But when I sit down, but I'm doing well. I'm doing well. Everyone, I'm doing well. Shout out to these fucking delivery people. Man, truly, what a way to see a neighborhood.
Speaker 1: And I feel bad because my dog is always.
Speaker 2: Like, good for Leo. He doing his jobs, that's what he there for.
Speaker 1: His bark is so loud through the door, but he's just a tiny dog. And then you open the door and the person is just like anxiety riddled. I'm just like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I have two big black beautiful labs, bouncy little labs, two big black beautiful bouncey.
Speaker 1: It's gone. There's so much alliteration, almost sexual. Oh what's happened black? Oh you're gonna hear it from anonymous sixty nine. They're gonna be like more laughter, more genuine moments of glee. This is bullshit. You're just supposed to say funny things like a movie, and no one is to laugh except for the audience.
Speaker 2: What my point was when those two beasts, when you open the door, those two beasts greet you. It's a lot of dog And I didn't grow up with the doghouse, so I always feel for people who don't like dogs because they look like they're doing like a game of twister, but every circle has mud in it. They're like like they don't know where to put their limbs, and I'm like, I'm so sorry. And I've turned into like Kathy Bates in every movie where I'm like out, got out, got out out. I need Caesar, I need Caesar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, the dogs. The dogs can really just throw a wrench in your schedule, I think. And people just aren't planning on a dog. They're not planning on a dog. You just are not planning on a dog. They're just like I don't know other people's dogs. They do freak me out sometimes a little bit.
Speaker 2: Your dogs are cool, But what freaks you out about other people's dogs?
Speaker 1: I don't know them. I don't know if they'll bite me.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, yes, okay, I see that. Now. Can you read a dog? Can you read when they're happy or chill? Or about it time?
Speaker 1: I thought you meant like I thought you meant, like put it in this place, like, can you read a dog? Can you?
Speaker 2: Can you take that bit to the library and be like, who's in charge? What do you even mean?
Speaker 1: I'm readA Maria Maria, Maria read this dog.
Speaker 2: First of all, you'll pause.
Speaker 1: No, I mean like I do pretty well. I just like hold my hand out. They're usually very calm around me.
Speaker 2: Oh, you follow all the rules, like you put your palm out or whatever, so they can smell you and stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm a friend, I'm a friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They often smell my dog on me. Sometimes that's cool. They're like, all right, cool, this guy's like a dog person because I can smell another dog.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been bit by a dog?
Speaker 1: Have I been bit by No? No, I've been scratched by a cat. I never bit by a dog. Oh, scratched by a cat?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know what, Misshue cut and your cat. We're done. Yeah, And that was it for me and cats. It scratched my hand and then just want.
Speaker 2: So it just happened with one cat. You're like, I'm good on all cats. It was four oh okay, and it scratched my hand and you remember that.
Speaker 1: I think it was like doctor butter Scotch or something like that was the name of the cat. And it was like I was kind of obsessed with it, and I wanted to be my friend. It was like, we're good, and then it just took a swipe.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I was scared of animals because my parents didn't like animals, so I didn't have like the vocabulary. And Caribbean people usually are like they're for outside, you know, they're like more security. It's a security they don't belong in your better in your hearts or something like. I'm not speaking for all Caribbean folks. I'm just talking about my family and the handful of dogs that I really got to know when I lived in La because La is such a dog friendly place. I was like, this is lovely. And I have this thing called anxiety now and I feel calm when I'm around these animals. And I mean I have been bit by a dog. I've been bit by two dogs. It was not fun. One of them I got chased down when I was six or seven coming on the bus. It was a German shepherd. Yeah no wait, yeah, okay, wait, king, can we get a shawan?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 2: I got a post.
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's way too many like cruel German dogs. I'm always like, m there's that the rottweiler, the what's that one? Both the pincher.
Speaker 2: Rotti's are really just so sweet, though, you know what I mean. It's like I will say this, asshole people have asshole dogs, asshole people have asshole kids period, Like it always comes from the top, right, And so yeah, I mean, at least like kids can go off to college or get some therapy and figure the shit out. Animals can't.
Speaker 1: No. Wait, wait, so you got bit when you were six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been bit twice. The second time I was in my twenties, just moved to Manhattan and my neighbor had a It was a mix between like a hot dog and something else, and he went right from my thigh. I said, your dog is biting me right now. This is what you know what I mean? And it's like you don't want to put your hand around their face because my I'm glad. This is so funny. But even cats, like you know, just trying to figure out how to read animals and how to stay safe is really like the way to also figure out how to enjoy them and their company. If I'm unsure, I just ignore, I don't give them attention. And if I don't feel like their owners are doing enough, I asked their owners to do more.
Speaker 1: You got to you got to in this economy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because heis had a cat when I first met him, He's had a cat named Who's And I say, you better not doctor Seuss and this was all black cat were into black animals. And yeah, that cat did not like me. He was like, bitch, this is my tumble to lay on. That cat did not like me. Eventually it warmed to you, or if ever he did warm to me. And I did not know that the cat liked me because when I came home from wherever, I was out shopping in Saddam on my feets and my bike, getting some organic whatever the fuck. I came back and there was the head of a mouse on my pillow. All yeah, and Kais is like, oh, that means he likes you. I'll say, you gotta get for sea because I'm good on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a wonderful gesture to say, I see you, I acknowledge you.
Speaker 2: People oughta is very thoughtful.
Speaker 1: We got to get to our guests though, yesl wow, this was really some NAACP Image Award winning material.
Speaker 2: I better see you. I better see you at the next award show. Okay, really here saving lives.
Speaker 1: But listen, our guest Wow, a drag race champion among other things, Broadway icon as well.
Speaker 2: Don't know if she's a champion. I think she's a runner up but things. Yeah, but I love that she's a champion in your eyes, she's amazing. She's also on my show Survival of the Thicket is coming out on Netflix. She's a goddess and I really can't wait for you guys to just get into this episode.
Speaker 1: Give it up for okay, Jordan, what.
Speaker 2: I told you? This material is real crazy. I have pussy sweat. Were talking, we're saying that.
Speaker 3: Yes something everybody, but this is shortan.
Speaker 1: Carlos, we're out here.
Speaker 4: Can I say something now? Can I say something else? Can I say something else?
Speaker 1: Yes? You came, I do to you know?
Speaker 2: This is what happened. This is what happens when you just got tick ties that saved lives. Yeah them take them tick ties? Can they really do?
Speaker 1: Mary J.
Speaker 2: Blae she knows. This is giving Mary J. Blige the Super Bowl last year. And this is what happens when you don't wear underwear. I should have like learned.
Speaker 1: Look at them.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like, yes, this you fucked up. Also, there's all all these like really great things for fake girls now like chafing deodorant for your thighs.
Speaker 1: I have thighs myself, you do, I do? I do pretty thin.
Speaker 2: What'd you say this? What'd you say this?
Speaker 1: You need a full side like that. It's like a horse's leg. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is she coming to Thanksgiving talking about the parts of the turkey?
Speaker 1: She liked? Yeah, Oh my god. They told me.
Speaker 4: They told me at Brown not to do that, not to to break the body down into certain parts.
Speaker 1: That that's objectifying. But thank you.
Speaker 2: I have a question, Jordan. I's for last question. What's like Okay, so you are a very straight man. Okay, what is or you're saying for like, what is one thing? What is one thing in high school, like in the locker room that you felt self conscious of or even in college?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I had an oudy belly button A not anymore?
Speaker 2: Somebody said, like prove it. Okay, let's not even Moore.
Speaker 1: It's gone. It's gone, now gone, look it's gone. Yeah, it's gone. Come on, give me some fight for let's go.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the stage. You know him, you love him from adulting and other stuff? Is shortan Edward?
Speaker 1: You want to see this?
Speaker 4: Do you want to see this one path. That's what you want to say. Now, do you want to see this box wine?
Speaker 2: Let me say gay, Let me see gay, let me say, let me.
Speaker 1: Say, let me say, let me say kay. Oh my god, it doesn't get that much airtime.
Speaker 2: I love it. People just throwing bit coin on that.
Speaker 4: I know, Jesus, people are really settling out there in the real world.
Speaker 1: You're like, look at that hot loaf of stuff.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, we got one thumb up, one on down? What in the gladiator it's going on?
Speaker 1: Bitches? Listen, body brought to you by a twenty pound kettle.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it. You know who said it?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: I don't remember who's I was up like late one night. It wasn't even I'm not even on TikTok, but like TikTok's on Instagram, so what the fuck? I think it was Gabrielle Union and she was like, we get the one body, we get the one body, love it? Can we just like not beat it up like that? And so I started doing these Mayan abdominal massages where you massage the tummy in the front because we're always focused on the back, right, and we always beat up the front. But the frunk's doing what it's gotta do too, Like, let's show it some love.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So I'm like.
Speaker 2: Let's get in there, figure out if she's okay and she's good. Yeah, I mean, it's it's a very wild place to like hold on to stuff but also be very present. But that's how my mind works, you know what I mean. So yeah, man, definitely the most adult thing for me this year has been like just diving into the holistic wellness of it all.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. I think you were getting into wellness.
Speaker 2: You ain't gotta know everything about me, motherfucking.
Speaker 1: No, that's great. I mean, like, goop it the fuck up.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not gooping it up.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm supporting black owned businesses, trying to figure out what my shit is.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've never seen so much Palo Santo of my whole fucking life.
Speaker 1: But it's okay, is great. It's so cleansing. That's what they tell me. I did not know that. So are you meditating? Are you what do you? What do you Christian?
Speaker 2: Do you do a little bit of I do a little bit of it all? Okay, I'm gonna be honest. I do what I can, and I don't beat myself up if I can't do it. I'm just like, oh, well, that's cool. The dish is done, the meditating, the fucking the bill. The bills will get paid when they gotta get paid. Like everybody, do you know what I mean? Like you want to come.
Speaker 4: Shut the what's that it is?
Speaker 2: Because you can beat yourself up? And like you know, it's a rat race. It's just like, why am I on the government's time when they're not online? So let me do what I gotta do when y'all do what the fuck you do it? You know what I mean. So I'm not really trying to give it too much energy where I'm just like, oh, why in the why in the it's it's a fucking lot. And then my right eye gets a heartbeat. I'm like, no, not today, Jesus, take the wheel and go over the white Stone Bridge. Jesus, we're doing it. Also, I saw this thing that this is the last thing I'll say, just kidding. It's not Gabrielle Union. Let's get her on the show. Somebody asked her, what are your tips for staying so young? I looking so young. She said water and boundaries. She said, drink lots of water and say no a lot, because when you say no to bullshit, you say yes to peace of mind.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was Robert Frost who said good walls make good neighbors. What are you? What the fuck I mean different?
Speaker 2: I don't know either. It's just giving sister act to substitute energy.
Speaker 1: More like dead.
Speaker 2: I hope I have enough ketchup for my French fries.
Speaker 1: Listen, you inspire me to think of like poets and shit I want you. Don't believe that bullshit.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker is I believe it's a bullshit in his fucking foot locker clearance sweatshirts. I am so excited to bring our guests out because Wow, she is amazing. She is a force. Yes, she lights up a room. It's also like what can't she do? She does everything, and she does it well. I can't wait to talk to her.
Speaker 1: Broadway Zone Yes, drag Races Zone, Yes, please give it up for Pepperman.
Speaker 2: I love you so much, Peppermint. This is John Will, the DJ. He's a great friend. So I'm so excited because I met Peppermint because as I was filming my show Survival of the Thickest for Netflix, uh coming out in the summer. I told casting, look, the central perk of the show, like the central parking Friends, it's going to be a drag a bar restaurant, and I really want to find a black trans woman who is not afraid to talk about some shit, get down with some shit and be hilarious. And Cassiding was like, do you know Peppermint. I'm like, she would never do it, And then I fully looked you up and you were on tour and I was like, she probably won't do it, and she probably can't do it. So the fact that you were able to do it, and you did such an amazing job and you were so fucking funny and lovely and warm and even like the biggest, coldest assholes on set and there was only two of them. They were like, do you think I can get a picture of Peppermint? That's what you do for people, two people. So thank you for doing my show.
Speaker 5: My gosh, I didn't expect that. I love you well, bitch, I'm well, let me get I'll get you right back.
Speaker 2: Let me pour into you.
Speaker 5: I you know, I didn't know what to expect obviously I was a fan. Obviously I've seen some of your work, and when I got the I won't say what happened when I got the call about the show, because I was like, what's going on here? First of all, when I read the script, I was like, yes, absolutely, the conversations that our characters were having together, and then all of the other folks in the story and in the show, it was like the most inclusive, most affirming atmosphere. And then that was behind the camera and also in front of the camera. So I'm just so grateful to be a part of something like this. I believe in it so hard. Y'all have never seen a show like this.
Speaker 1: So set it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty good show.
Speaker 5: So when the thing, when the Reminder comes out, Netflix, you better I will come to each and every we have the cat.
Speaker 1: I will come to your house. I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You're amazing. Like, look, Jordan was able to do a cameo, which is dopey. There's a big party for the season finale. Don was able to be on the show and play the DJ. When I tell you, like, you know, you have creative people in your life for a reason. So why the fuck not you know, casting, or just like, how about you work with this person? You're like, that's cool. How about I work with a friend that's also talented? Do you know what I mean? And it's just like, man, we are only stronger together. So and I see this all the time. Somebody else's success will never fuck up yours, So just do it together. We're okay now that we got the wedding speech out.
Speaker 1: Of the way, it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you just started working with GLAD, Glad Glad.
Speaker 1: What you said Aladdin?
Speaker 2: Oh my god are the lad Oh my gosh, that would be fire.
Speaker 1: Through the new jats. But on a Laddin, I can show you.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yes, I actually join the board of GLAD, So I don't technically work for GLAD. I volunteer for GLAD, and I'm on the board of directors, the national Board of Directors, which means we have the opportunity to sort of connect community and need and opportunity and funding with their vision. And there's there's a lot of things to see in the vision currently of basically advancing opportunities for LGBTQ folks and making sure that representation that we see in the media is accurate, not only just like a gay character on a show, but making sure that all across the media landscape, that there's fair representation in commercials, in all types of advertising and music industry, just all over the place. And so that's what I do with GLAD. I also work as an ambassador to transjustice with the ACLU GLAD or the Yes glad er the individuals to our helping shape the landscape in terms of what we see and hear about queer folks and making sure it's as intersectional as possible. And then the ACLU are the ones who go and sue motherfuckers who try to do us wrong.
Speaker 1: Gise my language.
Speaker 2: I thought that, yeah, I mean, Jordan and I were just talking about it, and we're like, what is happening in America? Because almost every state has a ridiculous, a ridiculous anti drag and trans law that they I mean, that are.
Speaker 1: It's the usual suspects. It's the usual suspects, I mean, And I don't want to speak on it too much, but like I noticed that in Arkansas was an exceptional case because what really is behind it? You know, not only are you're you're exploiting children you're exploring children by saying you're protecting them. That was the same thing that zone the war on drugs, prohibition, you name it, right, use the children, use the children to punish a certain group or demo. Right, So now trans people are the target. And what you didn't see it, that's signing that Sarah Huckabee did was that in Arkansas. She also lowered the age that children can work legally in Arkansas. Oh oh that part was left out right. So do you see how sly they are? Yeah, And it's the same states, the ones with the high infant mortality rates, the ones with the high imprisonment rates, Like, it's the same shit different toilet.
Speaker 5: The ones with the how the ones with ironically are not so much. The ones with the highest search results for transgender porn are the states that are outlining access to healthcare, housing, education, employment for queer folks and obviously specifically trans folks. But when you said it's the usual suspects, it's literally the usual suspects. It's the same exact architect behind the effort to quote protect young children from what they're calling trans ideology.
Speaker 1: It's these same people.
Speaker 5: It's the same exact architect Christopher Rufo is his name, Yes, I will say his name, Christopher.
Speaker 2: Rue Christopher rufol Come get it.
Speaker 5: It's also the same person who's dismantling the accurate history of black people in this country through education, taking anything that has to do with the accurate representation of black folks in this country as we're connected to our history, and calling it quote see RT critical race theory.
Speaker 1: It's his idea. He laid out the planning.
Speaker 5: He said, I'm going to do abortion, I'm going to do critical race theory, and I'm going to do the trans folks, and we're going to get them all. And what this does is, aside from attacking us and attacking our humanity, it is an attempt to dehumanize us. But what it really I think the real goal, like you said, is to disenfranchise these people, to disenfranchise queer people and women and separate us from as Patamo was saying, separating us from our bodily autonomy, separating us, criminalizing us so that we can't vote, and then they can pass all these things through. They don't have to have a distraction anymore. Once they do that. Yeah, we gotta fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gotta fight for me I always like, I always like to obviously vote, like do the things I have to do, but you know, be responsible with my words, my voice, my power, my audience, my stage right. And so when it hits the arts and people are making millions of dollars for hate speech, millions of dollars punching down, you know, female comedians don't even make what they pay in taxes for these specials. And we are trying to not only be funnier than most of the motherfuckers in the room. Dare I say, winning awards for shit that no one else has won, And it's just like the right people need to hear it.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it does feel like screen in a dark room, no matter what platform you're on. But be responsible with your words, no matter what, because you have to sleep at night, you have to look at yourself in the mirror. And it's just like, if we only just took five minutes to think about what it's like for someone that doesn't look like us, then the world, I think would be a better place. Okay, now let's talk about dating.
Speaker 1: I fucking knew it.
Speaker 2: I knew it. Let's talk about dating. The cheapest date you've ever been on, go.
Speaker 1: Okay, a cheap motherfucker.
Speaker 5: I was worried about this conversation, but probably not for the reason you think, you know. Honestly, as a queer person and as a trans woman, my connection to dating and like sexuality came at a different time than it probably would have had a grown up as this gender and heterosexual. I didn't even really start becoming sexually active until way in my almost thirties, and I don't think i'd ever been on a date until I was like in my mid thirties, and so most of my connections were like through, Where are you going, bitch? I know, not the front row. You better be getting a trade. Okay, okay, she's like a date.
Speaker 2: That's gonna go get you a date.
Speaker 1: That's where she goes.
Speaker 2: I know somebody. I'll be right back, you know how Forrest Cump just keeps running through. That's what she doing.
Speaker 1: But go ahead, girl, bring me back, walk too, Go now, you gotta go now. No, it's okay, it's okay. A diet coke, It's okay. Do you want to you want a wedge of anything in that?
Speaker 2: Do you want like a diet coke and a rotistory chicken for me?
Speaker 1: Thinking yea, anyway, so teas chief dates. I'm a chief date. I think, okay, this is we're gonna but cheap dates. So it didn't have any conventional dates, right, Can I.
Speaker 2: Just say tell me there's a lot of power to dating in your mid thirties, because wow, you're not gonna fuck around well bullshit so quick? Do you know what I mean? Because because I grew up like maybe a little too fast, and so getting cheated on like at seventeen and at nineteen and at twenty two broke my heart and I was like fucked up about it. If I didn't date some like I was in my thirties, I would read a motherfucker like like a government library, you understand, like it would be open three hours a day. But oh boy, fair enough, it's true read I'm or read, I'm a read. Okay.
Speaker 5: From that same in that same regard, I meet dating in my thirties allowed me to date more as my true self.
Speaker 1: You know, and thank you.
Speaker 5: And so you know, for me, that meant being in the body that I wanted, feeling good about that, and and you know, knowing that the people that I was drawn to were drawn to me, and everything that I was offering, and I tried before at different stages, and it just it never worked. Like gays were like girl, no, I was like okay. So dating in my thirties it was a lot. And there's a lot of bs that trans people go through. I mean a lot of this stuff is connected to what we're seeing already, like you know, in the world, so it naturally carries over into the dating world a lot of shame. And so if you happen to hear of a celebrity, because that's what you'll hear about who happens to be dating a trans woman, like, just don't feed into the online like transphobia sort of homophobia of it all. Well, if you hear of a guy dating a trans woman, don't feed into it, because dating a trans woman does not make him gay. That's really important for everybody to know. That's the kind of stuff that I've had to deal with. So when I was swiping on like all the dating apps and stuff, trying to break into the dating scene, I was dealing with a lot of you know, like your account's been banned because people are reporting you because you're trans and they don't think you belong in this.
Speaker 1: Space, and so once I was able to get through I know, or once I was able to get through all of that, I fell in love and and then he broke my heart. He cheated on me. Wait, okay, this.
Speaker 7: Was a cheap date. I met him, God damn it. I met him on Facebook. Was in Tunisia. Yes, no, they were all rooting for you.
Speaker 1: It is I know he might as What's worse, he was from Boston.
Speaker 2: Oh center.
Speaker 1: He ended up cheating on me with my with one of my best friends. We were hold up. He double timed both of us.
Speaker 5: Girl, I saw him commenting on her Facebook page and I was like, oh my gosh, and I called her. I was like, girl, do you know so and so? And she's like, I know so and so. And suddenly it was like the boy is mine started music.
Speaker 1: Don't you tell me to get.
Speaker 2: What were you Monica?
Speaker 5: I was Monica, don't sell yourself. Yeah, because he left me. I don't really know who won in the song, but he left me. They both did nobody. He left me, He denied me, He broke my heart. She dumped him too. We were all over it, but oh my god, it was it was honestly the catalyst.
Speaker 1: That was the thing.
Speaker 5: That was that moment that I was like, okay, I'm done with the BS, and so I was able to be done with it. And I've had some other hiccups along the way, but the last time I had my heart broke and I turned it into an album and a tour and.
Speaker 1: So you know, put my tailor on. Do that te Swift.
Speaker 2: I love it. You better pour your your fucking fucking experience in your work. Thank you everyone. I was really trying to read and get a thing. I was like, what am I? Why am I doing three things at the same time?
Speaker 1: Is it time for questions?
Speaker 2: It is time for questions? Okay, please expand on what is the deal with bonnets and hairnuts on airplanes?
Speaker 1: Please expand?
Speaker 2: Show yourself?
Speaker 1: Who is it?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: What a cultural thing?
Speaker 5: Excuse me? Excuse me? What what you got to say? This one?
Speaker 1: Right here? Stand this okay?
Speaker 5: Okay, who's black on black crime?
Speaker 1: Must see right now, must right now? Please leave the room. We gotta have a conversation. We can't do it right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, this this, this is what I'll say. Depends on the airline, depends on my seat, depends if it's it's not spirit. I'm not even gonna show up. But anything with the zipper like you gotta funck that you don't deserve it. Fuck United, they killed the dog. They can fuck off.
Speaker 1: Delta, Delta, Delta.
Speaker 2: If I'm in first plus.
Speaker 1: Girl, you can do any you can change your clothes.
Speaker 2: And if i'm look, you know what it is because all these old white men just fucking spread and eat with their mouth open and far and yon shoes off and ship. Can I just protect my fucking edges? I don't know what the funk just happened on the seat before me. Plus, if it's an overnight, fuck that, give me my shitty red wine with my fucking bonnet, any fucking deck plus and I will only watch the woman king over and over.
Speaker 1: Again, open start started. Oh my gosh, look at that.
Speaker 6: Yes, cheers to toasting, to toasting, to toasting. Yeah, come on, man, I'm just like, look, I have a pet peeve with people that lick your fingers and take a pillow on an airplane.
Speaker 2: Take a pillow on an airplane?
Speaker 5: Can you take a pillow air Oh don't bring a pillow from pillow from home.
Speaker 2: No, that's.
Speaker 1: Especially the saddest pillow you ever see.
Speaker 2: This sad pill that's the fun. It's just like this isn't camping, bitch, so four hour flight, pack a pillow or stay home? What do you need a Blankye?
Speaker 1: They have pillows on the plane.
Speaker 2: They got pillows on the plane.
Speaker 1: Well not always or whatever? Yeah, okay, I mean okay, yeah, hold us asleep?
Speaker 2: What the fuck are you saying?
Speaker 1: Asleep? Sleeping bag?
Speaker 2: You take a bitch?
Speaker 1: You too?
Speaker 3: You brought.
Speaker 1: Along? What's the flame? Where were you going to the moon? Who hurts you?
Speaker 2: Cold? Bitch? You are knee make have a skirts? Taking some fucking yeah.
Speaker 4: I love the time where I wish I had a Coleman kind of like, you know, caterpillar sleeping bag.
Speaker 2: I like this question. How do you learn to argue with your partner? It depends if they're taking a sleeping bag.
Speaker 1: You're not ringing a sleeping bag. We got unrolling roller. Every time we go through security. I never got to get the air out. She didn't get in the little bag.
Speaker 2: She said, it's so cold. Bring a sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: I don't want to stop flying across the hold.
Speaker 2: You need irons.
Speaker 1: It's literally a rolled up comforter. Yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: How do you argue?
Speaker 1: How do you argue with someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, that's important because you're gonna argue with somebody and you should really learn how to do it. Yeah, you should be productive.
Speaker 1: Thank you every Yes, my wife and I don't fight. We are sparring partners. That's who we are. If you if she's like people from yes, people from Brooklyn, their love language is argument, and my wife is from Brooklyn. So everything, every every day, it's just like, no, the Pacific Ocean is greater than the Atlantic folk. You you know, like it's just about. It's just spa. You square up, you spar about ideas, You spar about ideas. You keep it spicy, spar spar nobody gets hurt. You wear headgear.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've talked about this before. The most important thing, too is let somebody finish. Let somebody finish and really think about what you want to say. This isn't a competition. You don't have to be like yeah, but yeah, but I mean that could happen once in a while. But once you're like in your thirties and your forties and yet older, it's like that shit is not cute. What are you doing? You guys are two human beings who love each other. You gotta figure it out in like a decent way, do you know what I mean? And whoever's gonna be like more drunk or hut, you know what I mean? You just gotta know that we'll just pick it up tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, especially when you know, usually when you're fighting, you're not really fighting about what you think you're fighting us. That's right, arguments the chicken thing on the table, but that's not really what.
Speaker 8: Do you have any advice about arguments? Don I will say you two things. Don't gloat and know how to be wrong gracefully. Those are the two things. I think STFU is really good. Let the person speak, then, STF. You also shut the fun up, Shut the fuck up, let them speak.
Speaker 2: The best way to have somebody shut up is to sit on their face, which leads me to my next question. You are right, no, how many times a week should we be having sex?
Speaker 1: I think it's like people are People aren't having a lot of sex out there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I mean are not? They're not They're not having According to.
Speaker 5: Statistics that I read, that's because the people having sex are too busy to do.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. I think one to two times a week is like a good I'll tell you, I'll tell you. Let me tell you more than that. Go ahead. Yeah, okay, I think for myself. This demo right here is like, y'all are fun. The rest of the room. The rest of the room. The rest of the room is like, that's a good goal. But wait, very good goal.
Speaker 5: I like the couple behind them still fighting about the bonnet.
Speaker 1: Yo, Yeah, why did you read them from five minutes ago? I can't gloat. Don't gloat, man, don't gloat.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you asked about that bonnet. Real talk. This answer is really up to you. Life changes, your schedule changes, your body changes, your energy level changes, your desire for the person or people changes. So like, don't beat yourself up for having too much or having too little. It's what you get, what you need when you need it. Period.
Speaker 1: It's like fortune take you gone.
Speaker 2: Do I have to pretend to care about my friend's kids?
Speaker 3: Yo, wrote wrote that, yeah, damn.
Speaker 4: I always drill the names of the kids before we go see the family. I'm like, I'm like, okay, it's Darius and Archimedes, right, Like, Okay.
Speaker 2: The short answer is no.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I have a feeling that if you're if you're asking that question, you you.
Speaker 1: Really they already know you don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah they know. But sometimes these parents don't give a fuck because they're so hungry for attention and community. That is not like just in parent mode, and so you really put that shit on the other person. But that's why I'm just like, let's go meet somewhere and I'll get a babysitter, because, yeah, you gotta read the room. Your kid is a part of you, they're not all of you, you know what I mean, So like you don't have to pretend you don't have to like someone's kids. That's now teachers don't even fucking like kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just.
Speaker 2: Want a better future. They don't give a fuck about your kids.
Speaker 1: Some days I don't like my kids. You know, it's tough. Okay, How do you motivate yourself to exercise regularly? Sex is? I don't know, you know what?
Speaker 2: I think? This is sort of like hmm, this is sort of like anything you need to do in life, like whether it's quitting a job or divorce or cleaning up that room or whatever the fuck it is. One day you're gonna wake up and be like, all right, I gotta do this for myself. Yeah, but in the meantime, sit fucking pretty, sit pretty, order the uber eats, do whatever the fuck you gotta do. One day you're gonna be like, all right, I'm ready to fucking work out. And when you do work out, get yourself a friend, a.
Speaker 1: Little edible, very fun edible underwear.
Speaker 2: Also, go to Target. They got great workout clothes for a very affordable price. As a bigger person going to the gym, you're very self I'm very self conscious because I'm like everything is black, everyone got like everyone looks like Meg the Stallion, and like, okay, you know, just get like fucking new clothes and it'll make you feel like ten percent better. Like half the work is just saying I'm gonna do it for myself.
Speaker 1: I love that leather or lace, that's.
Speaker 2: A real question. Wow, I think neither. I got a sweaty pussy. I can't I go to the gym. I need two towels, one for my hair, one from my puss. You know what I mean. I'm so sorry. What does everybody else say?
Speaker 5: I thought they were talking about wigs at first. Lace pepper Min, what do you think leather or lace I've worn lace. I've worn lace. I think leather is too much going on. Yeah, definitely sweaty. Yeah, but you know it ends up off of you anyway, So like, just start that way you wore.
Speaker 2: You wear some outfits, honey, I know.
Speaker 1: I usually do quite revealing. Yes, I mean, you know.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Okay, we gotta wrap this up. Last question for you, Peppermint. Oh my god, it's been so fucking fun. I don't want it to end, but it's got to do. What's the most adul't think you want to do for yourself that you haven't had time to do yet this year, And it could be anything.
Speaker 5: Time haven't had time to do. Oh god, really, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'd like to.
Speaker 5: I would like to begin the process of purchasing house for myself. I don't know about if that's about time or money or both.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love that. I love that for you, and that will happen.
Speaker 5: I'm in the same I probably shouldn't announce this, but I'm in the same apartment that I've been in for twenty five years when I moved here.
Speaker 1: As a college student. What it's time. You're allowed? You're allowed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 5: It inspired during the pandemic. I was like, Okay, I got to get out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's amazing. And you know what, You're going to attract so many different things people, for better and for better and for worse, for better and for worse and wile Peppermint, thank you for everything you do. You are just.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Give it up for Pepperman. I do love when people openly admit that they want to uh buy real estate in America, because that means that you're still investing in America, like you still believe in America, you know, I do believe that creating whatever kind of generational wealth will also create generational health. And what is more beautiful than an openly black trans female entertainer owning fucking property and paying for that house by doing shows as a drag qu as singer, you know, as a black transperformer. To me, there's nothing sweeter. Also, like she's adult enough. You know when I when I first bought something, I was a mess. I was just making money and still didn't even know how to tip properly at a bar. I shouldn't have been Thank god, my mom had like the two cents to be like, bitch, stop going a Zara, Stop buying birthday dinners for your friends, lots of air quotes. Went to the mortgage broker, filled something out. This bitch turned around and said, you know, there's a tea and mortgage. I said it is.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry say it.
Speaker 2: I forgot. I forgot.
Speaker 1: It's not okay, that's the test. You can't have it if you can't spell it. Living in the same apartment for twenty five years in New York City rent control Like, yeah, Peppermints.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's been in the same apartment for twenty five which is like so sweet. I mean, nothing, says All Black reboot of Friends then that, because wasn't that Monica is grandm mama's apartment?
Speaker 1: Was that? I think it was Monica?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was Monica's Monica Monica's grandma apartment. Which words Okay, I'll try, yeah, I'll try.
Speaker 1: No, No, it was Monica's grandma's apartment. That's a lot of that's a lot like, that's a lot of.
Speaker 2: You try you guys, try it right now, stay with me. The red, leather, yellow Monica's Grandma's apartment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait to hear more from Peppermint's World. I really enjoyed the sit down. The part about Christopher Ruffo was really cool too. You know, Peppermint understands what we're all up against, and it's not just like shows. For Peppermint. It was really great to get down and chop it up about what we're facing as a country. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's amazing. She's such a gift. I'm so glad that she was able to do my show. And uh, look, all these all these voices are important, you know. That's why art and music and entertainment, it definitely influences not only the culture, right, the culture will influence so much more. Do you think Martha Stewart knew what bling bling was?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Has she made it?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I mean. But it's like all that shit, Like, yeah, the world is smaller than we think, so let's stop dividing people. Sarah Huckabe Sanders, I'm talking to you. Sorry, you're full of.
Speaker 1: Fun today, all right? No, I just loathe her, that's why.
Speaker 2: Oh the whole family and you can quote me. Well, you guys have a great day listening.
Speaker 1: Get out there, be all you can be.
Speaker 2: Yes, quick little announcement before we go. We're taking a summer break, and we didn't want to ghost y'all, like all those people you've been encountering on them dating apps.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's right. We are good people who just want to soak up some sun adulting. We'll be back in August and fun update. When we get back, we will have episodes. It's dropping every single weee.
Speaker 2: So go take a vacation. Okay, take your bro off, get ready and we will see you soon. That's really all I got.
Speaker 1: I gotta go.
Speaker 2: I love you bye.
Speaker 1: This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 2: Our senior producer is g Holley.
Speaker 1: Our associate producer is Alex Cheat.
Speaker 2: This episode was mixed by John Bradley.
Speaker 1: Our guest booker is Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 2: Additional production support from Hannah Kyle Crichton.
Speaker 1: Theme song and live show DJing is by Don will.
Speaker 2: Our live show producer is Marion Ways.
Speaker 1: Artwork by Jamie Bechtel.
Speaker 2: Photography by Heis vander Most.
Speaker 1: Executive produced by Karen Kilgera, Georgia Hartstar and Daniel Kramer.
Speaker 2: Follow the show on Instagram at Adulting the Pod.
Speaker 1: Email your questions to Adulting Questions at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Mmmmm