Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington. Welcomes David Cross July twenty fourth and twenty fifth, then catch Jeff Allen July thirtieth through August first, and don't miss Zanab Johnson August seventh and eighth. Comedy Up Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty nine years later. For tickets called eight five nine two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Up Broadway dot com.
Speaker 2: Com off Byway.
Speaker 3: This is Kentucky Sports Radio, presented by Stockton Mortgage and the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety Safe Summer Driving Tour. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: Well, welcome everyone.
Speaker 4: It is Kentucky Sports Radio, Monday, August tenth. I'm Matt Jones here on a beautiful day in Lexington, Kentucky. You can give us a shadow Clark's Puppy Shop phone line. That's a five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. A Vision Auto Glass text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five for love to hear from you on that text machine today and the uh uh. This edition sponsored by the TJ. Smith office.
Speaker 2: You called TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 4: We got Drew and Ryan and Shannon. Drew will be gone the rest of the week, so nice to have him today.
Speaker 3: Drew.
Speaker 5: Good to see you as well. With our weekend topic. You know, I couldn't miss this show. Yeah, to make sure I here.
Speaker 4: No Billy, no Mario, So this this will be a rare Like we may not have anything on social media because we don't have any Mario to do it. So this is like old school. If you're not here on the podcast, you won't even know what's happening.
Speaker 6: So for the rest of the week, it's just you and me and Shannon like old school days back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna bring some people in. I've got Josh Hopkins coming one day. Got an other couple other potential gas sitting with us. But yeah, we're gonna and one day we had talked about maybe wedn see your Thursday, you and I will go somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, up, but we just don't know where we'll go. Depends on where do you Where do you want to go? My living room would be good. No, we're not.
Speaker 4: I'm not spending you don't spend any time at your house. Why in the world would I go there?
Speaker 2: We could do one at your new house. We could, but I like, but I mean, don't you want to go out and about and see people.
Speaker 6: What about our powerlifter in Elizabethtown. We talked about going to see him one day.
Speaker 2: I do want to do that. I can't do that this week, okay, but I do want to do that. What was his name.
Speaker 3: Again, Donnie, Eryl, Donnie Imus and Debbie Donnie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to go see Donnie. And who was his wife's Debbie? Debbie? Boy, you have a good memory Donnie and Debbie? Okay, good. I want to go see them, but not, I can't do it this week. But so we had a lot of stuff to talk about a weekend. You know, I always say that the first two to three weeks of August hardest time to do radio the year, and it's been doubly true because I've also had to launch an ESPN show during the hardest time and that. But you know what, that's okay because we're almost halfway through it. But we got an addition this week because we had Billie's wedding. Yes, the event of the summer event, of the summer social event, of the Year All Brown at Lockridge Park.
Speaker 3: We were down with the Brown. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: What what town is that? Technically Lancaster?
Speaker 6: I think the address is Lancaster.
Speaker 2: Lancast what my GPS said?
Speaker 4: All right, so we we we got Paul, he picked us all up. We went to Billy's wedding. We were pushing on time, so we actually we got there thanks to Ryan, just a little bit almost late.
Speaker 6: It was my fault. I take full responsibility.
Speaker 2: Why were you late? You want to know what you really want to know? I don't know, Shandon.
Speaker 3: Do, yeah, I think we do.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and said why were you because like you picked, you were supposed to be at my house at four you got there at four twenty.
Speaker 6: As we're leaving the house, one of our dogs disappeared. We're trying to find a dog.
Speaker 2: What do you mean disappeared?
Speaker 6: Like we couldn't find one of the dogs, one of the four dogs, couldn't find it. If you have four, well I have three, Jennifer has one.
Speaker 2: So again like the Brady Bunch, Yeah, it's the.
Speaker 3: Whole dog pound going on.
Speaker 2: So where was it?
Speaker 6: It was hiding underneath the deck outside.
Speaker 2: And so you felt like you need to make sure it was there.
Speaker 6: We're just trying to get it inside. I didn't want to leave it outside. It was hot, so we're trying to find it, make sure they were all inside. Okay, But then when we found that, then we couldn't find her glasses.
Speaker 2: Did you think they'll maybe call the people waiting on you to say what was happening. I called Drew. I said, hey, we're on the way. We're late.
Speaker 6: We're not gonna make it on time, but we're on the way.
Speaker 3: He knew what he called you, Matt. It would not be an acceptable excuse to say my dog's out. Who cares?
Speaker 2: Come on, don't forget the glasses.
Speaker 6: Couldn't find the glasses, and this we're putting on the driveway. Josiah pulls in, so I gotta give him his instructions. Hey, let the dogs out, feed the dogs, do all this. We're gonna be home to late.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. So there were three reasons, yes, the summer, but you never thought to tell us why it would be late to a wedding of one of our coworkers. Well, Drew tried to cover for me.
Speaker 6: When I think one of you guys in a group text message like hey, Paul's here, and Drew's like, hey, Ryan's the lemons are on the way. We're gonna they're gonna get me.
Speaker 2: Well, why didn't you send it? So I was busy driving.
Speaker 4: So we got there. Because we got there, there were no seats. Billy was it was. It literally was a standing room only wedding. It was sold out. We were in the overflower. We were in the overflowing thank goodness, because it was nine hundred degrees out there.
Speaker 2: I was happy being in the overflower.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, because at least we got drinks in the overflow area. But it was it was hot. And to the people that were sitting down there, God bless them, God bless them because it was hot in that sun.
Speaker 2: No rain.
Speaker 4: Chris Bailey, it was fifty to fifty, which is what all weather men should say about everything that way.
Speaker 3: That way, they're never wrong fifty fifty, I won't.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about the big stories. Brown. Almost everybody wore it correct. It was pretty much universally followed except for Billy's dad. But I think that was intentional. I think the wedding party was supposed to stick out. Marissa's sisters wore the colors of the rainbow. Correct, and then Billy's dad and like so so his dad matched his mom, which tells me, I mean it was intentional.
Speaker 4: It was supposed to be we are all blending into the scenery, and then they are the So that was good though, because then I knew who people's family were.
Speaker 5: The guests were there some bulk of the earth. That's why we were brown, and they have the rainbow? Is that true?
Speaker 2: So we were the earth? Oh? I didn't know that. So the sisters were the rainbow? What was the wedding party in black? What were they? The bridesmaids were green? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe that was the grass on top of the earth. I didn't get that far into this.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize I was the earth?
Speaker 3: What he was?
Speaker 4: I was the earth? See I didn't know that. Okay, that's interesting. All right, let me let me do me. First of all, both Billy and Marissa looked amazed.
Speaker 2: They they really did. They really did, like like that's the best Billy's ever looked.
Speaker 4: She looked amazing, like they looked like a great couple. And Billy was it looked like he was going to poop his pants.
Speaker 2: The entire time, but he got through it and he he was great.
Speaker 4: The wedding vows were not were very nice. It was a it was a beautiful wedding. I have some observations and then and then I'll go to number one. Billy's dad looks exactly like Al Snow, very sill, the point that, honestly, I thought Al Snow was doing the wedding as.
Speaker 2: Soon as he came out.
Speaker 6: You said, that's Al Snow weddings.
Speaker 3: By the way, I know that.
Speaker 4: That's why I thought, did Billy like pull a swerve and bring Al Snow to do his wedding because his dad looks exactly like Al Snow, and you know, Al Snow scares me.
Speaker 2: So that was one thing.
Speaker 4: His grandfather looks exactly like Joe Kraft.
Speaker 2: You said, that's what he walked out and like Al Snow and Joe Kraft were doing. And then the preacher looked exactly like Gary Parrish. I was like, did he just invite celebrities to this wedding? All celebrity look alikes. So the wedding party for the males was Gary Parrish doing the ceremony, then Billy, then Al Snow, and then Joe Kraft of the summer and what a great hodge podge of people. I'm getting Gary Parrish All in college basketball to do my ceremony. Yeah, we had fun playing to look alike game from the look alike people trying to stretch it. You're not stretching it on I swear to you. I thought that was Joe Kraft. Oh, yes, he probably looked the most.
Speaker 4: He looked the most like him. I was like, does Billy have a Joe Craft connection? I genuinely thought that was smart moan.
Speaker 3: That would be a hell of a wedding gift from Joe Kraft.
Speaker 2: Heck yeah.
Speaker 4: So the big surprise, which I think had leaked out to some people, is Billy's wife came out on a camel.
Speaker 2: Correct a full fledged camp that was not a small camp.
Speaker 4: That was like, you know, you see pictures from the Middle East and there's a camel that was a camel. I guess it was symbolic of Isaac And is it Sarah. My mom's gonna be disappointed at me Isaac is involved. I think Isaac was the male. I'm gonna say Sarah and act like I remember Bible study. But regardless, it was something that was something about that. So she came out on a camel, and the camel that was like she came out from behind a building on a camel, and like that was a stunning socket.
Speaker 2: You're not used to seeing that in Lancaster, are you. This cable was so tall, it was so big. Actually, fund the biggest camel there. I mean they went I think they got the George murrasan.
Speaker 3: If you wanted a camel to be here today, where would you go? How would you?
Speaker 6: Clearly there's a camel guy at the camel store in Lancas.
Speaker 4: I would never have believed there was a camel guy, but there's a camel.
Speaker 2: So she came out on the camel and.
Speaker 6: She looked beautiful sitting up there. She really did.
Speaker 2: She did. What did you think of the camel?
Speaker 6: Like you guys said, it's massive. It was a massive camel. But she looked like she was in like a Disney movie riding out for her wedding. She looked so pretty up there.
Speaker 4: And we knew the camel was coming, but still it's surprised.
Speaker 2: It shocks you to see it, to see it in person. Huh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had known for a while and we're kind of like here comes the camel part. And then when it turned the corner, I was like, whoa. Yeah, she had like the little perch.
Speaker 2: That sits on it, the kind and it looked like the kind of like it looked like when I was a kid. You remember the cigarettes, it said, Joe Campbell.
Speaker 3: Yes, they kind Yeah, I kind of looked like smoking a cigarette. On the way down the aisle, I thought, you know what, there's Joe Campbell.
Speaker 2: So it gets to the top of the aisle and then it's supposed to let her down, kneel Downcca, Rebecca, Yeah, Rebecca and Isaac. Rebecca and Isaac.
Speaker 4: Okay, Rebecca and Isaac. Sarah she was doing. She was answering its phone calls, like.
Speaker 2: In Sarah, get me the operator.
Speaker 4: Yes, when when the Campbell kneel like, but the camel got kind of freaked out.
Speaker 2: I think a little stage fight with the big crowd there.
Speaker 4: The crowd and the music, so the camel wouldn't kneel. So there's a couple of minutes where it looked like she wasn't gona be able to get off.
Speaker 5: They played the song three times, three songs, were trying to get it to.
Speaker 4: Nil Billy For some reason was miked up for live commentaries. He was, and Billy was in his producer mode. He goes, do I need to come back there?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: At told her to jump off of it. He said, you just need to jump off.
Speaker 2: He told her to jump off.
Speaker 3: He did, he did, he jump off.
Speaker 2: He wanted her to jump off of that camel broken alcohol.
Speaker 5: I liked when Billy said, do I need to come back there? By brain thudd, what are you gonna do if the camel.
Speaker 2: Man can't the camel man can't get her down, what's Billy gonna do? Billy's gonna make it worse.
Speaker 3: Billy confidence.
Speaker 2: He was gonna be able to get that camera camel. They had to save his bride. He wanted heard it jump a horrible how great.
Speaker 3: Would have been there?
Speaker 6: There was a moment though, where like even Jennifer said, do we need to go get a ladder? Like I didn't know if it was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: You definitely should have gone and gotten the ladder and then Ryan Limman should have climbed up there. Yeah, that's what you well, So the camel walked around. They took her the camel away from the people, and then it knelt down correct.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got him away from the crowd, he got out, so.
Speaker 4: We set the over under if you remember, at thirty seven and a half minutes. The interest took a long time because the camel.
Speaker 6: I even went to you said, oh, we're gonna be way over.
Speaker 2: But then the ceremony was quick. It was no songs, no prayer, no prayers, no speeches, no readings, just straight vows. And we came in at thirty one minutes, six and a half minutes under. Yeah, I was and only probably fourteen minutes of ceremony.
Speaker 5: I was already counting my over money when we had the camel issue. I thought, for sure taste going over. That was one of the quicker ceremonies of just the you know, the talking part that I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: So we did that and then that was nice, beautiful ceremony, beautiful finish. Then we get the reception.
Speaker 4: It is, but you know, doing the reception things where everybody's you know, you're mingling, etcetera.
Speaker 2: They do rhyme with the prayer.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden, Ryan is like he becomes Shannon Rodney, danger feel.
Speaker 3: Ryland a comedy hour.
Speaker 2: He's like, respect, I flew on here, what is it about air playing?
Speaker 4: For come on, four jokes in a minute and ten second prayer. I didn't see that coming. Most people don't make like comedy routines in the prayer. But you did four jokes. It's kind of like a roast. It was a roast slash prayer.
Speaker 3: He had a fat one, but he didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had five.
Speaker 6: I had one about the camel and I just forgot to say it at the end.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of jokes per religious reference.
Speaker 6: Well, that's kind of thinking what Marissa wanted when she talked to me about it. She goes, look, just be yourself, have fun with it, exactly what she said, Like, okay, Zinger, is it coming, Singer?
Speaker 2: Well, I just flew in bore my tired. But but you did a great job, like it was very you. Yeah, everybody loved it. Kept it under two minutes.
Speaker 4: He didn't keep it under two minutes. It was very good that it's online people can see it.
Speaker 2: So overall, I think, really nice event, and I was happy for for Billy and very happy for both of them.
Speaker 6: And like Channon has already said, it was nice kind of hang out with all of us, all you guys again. Can we all got to sit at the same table just hang out. Billy came and hang out with us a little bit, so yeah.
Speaker 2: We don't get to hang out like that. Mario was drunk.
Speaker 4: By the end of the ceremony, he was kept. He just kept I mean I filmed one of them, but the whole time he just kept talking to me like he was Obama.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what something he did.
Speaker 3: That's impersonation that he does by far.
Speaker 2: He just but he kept doing it. Yeah, he was like, do you like to put the cheene?
Speaker 3: And by the end of the night he actually thought he was Obama.
Speaker 6: He didn't wear a tie because you want to wear the blink.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean like he can do that because he wears all those necklaces.
Speaker 2: Medallion around he had a medallion like he you know, he's just he's laying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's blinging. But I want to get your all's takes. But let's take a break. We gotta take a break. Eight five nine, two eighty seven. Uh Mark Pope issued a challenge to the media, which I am denying and we will deal with more of that right after this.
Speaker 2: Kiss your songs, working back, tell you Sports Radio is this Drew Songs?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Drew's got the ox scord today, very excited to have possession of the ox.
Speaker 2: And what is this?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: This is the opening to Forrest Gump? Okay?
Speaker 5: Is it is titled Forrest Gump main theme by Alan Silvestri.
Speaker 2: Didn't recognize it? I remember it.
Speaker 5: A feather is flying over Chippewah Square in Savannah, Georgia.
Speaker 2: Right now? Huh? This is not what I thought you were going to lead with.
Speaker 3: Was this also Drew's wedding? Drew, didn't you use this in your wedding?
Speaker 2: Abby came out to this song? Wow? Look at you remember?
Speaker 3: Did you remember that I did?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They do have a good memory about this stuff. Never, I mean I was in the waiting. Was this when I walked out or when she walk out? Well?
Speaker 4: No, I mean the groomsmen. We walked out to a song. I don't remember what it was, but it wasn't this.
Speaker 5: So right now, I think a gust of wind just blew it right over a car and it's eventually going to zero into Forrest on a bench where he says those must be comfortable shoes.
Speaker 2: This wasn't the song I predicted you would lead with. But nice.
Speaker 4: One person writes, Matt, what animal would you guys have your bride ride in? I would have never thought of that, but apparently it is. Genesis twenty four, Rebecca rides a camel to meet Isaac to marry him. Sarah was Isaac's mother. I knew there was some relation.
Speaker 6: I think there's a biblical reference where you're supposed to all your sadness, all your despair, everything in the hump of the camel.
Speaker 2: So that's what she was doing. Yeah, that's in the Bible. Yeah, that's in the hump of the camel.
Speaker 6: The hump is supposed to take all your worry, all your stress, all your sadness, leave it in the hump of the camel.
Speaker 3: I thought there was water.
Speaker 2: I honestly have never heard that. If you may be correct, that's what that TIW Marissa described it does. Okay, well then she would know. I trust Marissa over knew that.
Speaker 4: I just thought Ryan knew about humps and Bibles, and I didn't think that that was something you would have known your thoughts.
Speaker 2: One takeaway.
Speaker 5: I hate to call Billy out. You know they're about to start their honeymoon, but you know, during the ceremony, he was introduced as the star Cords.
Speaker 2: Let's we gotta do, we gotta discuss it. He said it was the best at everything. Gary Paris, the Preacher. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Read the description of Marissa and Billy, and they both seemed pretty accurate to me, except Billy was described and as the star quarterback, the star pitcher, and single digit digit golf, the.
Speaker 2: Best at every sport he played. I believe exactly. But but they said it like it was serious.
Speaker 4: Have you ever until this moment heard that Billy played quarterback or was the best at every sport.
Speaker 6: I didn't know he played any sport other than golf.
Speaker 2: He did not play quarterback, did he, Shanon.
Speaker 6: Not that I'm aware of six seven year old to just make things up at your wedding. Well maybe he did. Like when he was like six seven eight years old and he was the star that day.
Speaker 3: You could be whatever you want that day.
Speaker 2: So you can just say I flew to the moon.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, question on your wedding day.
Speaker 2: Billy, wait till I get married, Wait till you see my description former president of the United States.
Speaker 5: It just threw me off because the camel had just landed. Everything so sweet and then this bio just didn't match the groom that I know, not at all, by.
Speaker 4: The way, but Billy's entire family looks exactly like they did. His brothers are just Billy again. They even have the same haircut, all of them.
Speaker 2: What about you? What stuck out for you?
Speaker 6: I really enjoyed it. I mean, you know, I'm kind of the wedding expert. Cried like five times, cried like five times, behaved thank you. I'm just I think an echo what you guys are going to say. Just so proud of Billy. You know, he came into us this little intern six seven, eight years ago, watch him kind of grow as a person now as a man. It just kind of really was a proud moment for all of us, I think, to watch him start this new venture in he's life.
Speaker 2: I got to have a really nice conversation with his with his family about the Billy I met versus now and how nice that's been, et cetera.
Speaker 4: So that was that was kind of of a cool thing. Shannon, how about you?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: The only way I can break this down is with the shan of the dude scorecard.
Speaker 2: So do you want to do a scorecard? Do you have one.
Speaker 3: I've got one, but you got Okay, here's.
Speaker 2: What I'd like to do.
Speaker 4: I'd like you to hold off because we've got a short time frame and I want to give that it's time.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Well you guys have kind of covered most of it, but it's.
Speaker 2: Up to you. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well let's yeah, I want to do the Shanning scorecard.
Speaker 2: We will, but we need to come back.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we will come back to the scorecard because I want to leave it because I want to hear it.
Speaker 2: But congrats to the couple very much. All right, happy for him now.
Speaker 4: The other big story of the weekend On Friday, Mark Pope challenged all the media to play in a big Blue Media Madness event where he would take the UK media through a basketball practice in film it. I love the idea. I think it's a cool, innovative idea. I think it'll be fun.
Speaker 2: Mario's already in Yes, he's our representative. The question is will any of us play. Let's start with you, right.
Speaker 6: If this was ten or fifteen years ago, I would be all about it and so excited. But there is not a chance in France I can do this. I mean, even at Cala Perry's camp seven years ago. I was dying, just been playing my four minute spurts, so there's no way I can do it.
Speaker 2: You're watching it, talk about what a good athlete you are. I was.
Speaker 6: I was was the key. I mean, I still hold the assist record at my high school. I can play a little ball. I know ball, but I ain't.
Speaker 2: Doing this, So you're out. I'm out. I'll probably do it.
Speaker 5: I haven't put much thought into you are going to prob I mean, I'm going twenty percent speed. I'm not diving on the floor. I'm not even gonna run.
Speaker 2: But you'll put the uniform on. Probably.
Speaker 5: I don't even look at when the date is, but I'll give it. I'll give it to the old college. I'll get my c effort. I didn't ruse you were going to do it. I'm not running, and I cannot remember the last time I've held a basketball.
Speaker 6: But you may get yelled at if you're not running.
Speaker 2: No ways yelled at me.
Speaker 3: I'll do something I would, but I can't, so I won't. It's on the first day louder than life, so it's kind of my Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: I'm out.
Speaker 2: I can't make fun of you. I'm out. Yeah, no way, no way, no upside. First of all, I I retired after that Fantasy camp.
Speaker 4: If you've seen the videos online, I set some hard picks.
Speaker 2: Good screens.
Speaker 4: Now on the video there's nobody there, but I was practicing a play for the games. Was a ghost screen. Jay John Lucas was yelling at me, telling me to set the screen. But there's no upside, Like, good chance I would get hurt. The last thing I need is this new ESPN show and I just come in there with the torn a c L screaming.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm not running and going full speed. If I do it, I would. But second, I mean, like I know, I'll just be a meme. All the media is gonna be there and they're waiting for me to miss a shot or to fall down.
Speaker 8: Throw.
Speaker 2: I can't, like, I know what's coming. You gotta know your limits in life. So I but Drew's gonna.
Speaker 4: Play the athlete Billy needs to play since he's apparently grated everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be right back. TJ Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: More of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: You don't know this song. I feel like it's a great song. I've heard it.
Speaker 5: But this is the scene where they're bullying Forrest and he runs for the first time and his braces come off as Jy cheers him on it. All the songs today from Let's Show, but this is a very pivotal scene. This is when Forrest runs, he has speed and he finally overcomes the bullies that have bloied him. For Forest come soundtrack, so great, double disc?
Speaker 2: All right, good explode, Hey f I'm nine eighty seven.
Speaker 4: Uh, text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four.
Speaker 2: Phone lines are open, Shannon, Right, all right, good deal.
Speaker 4: Oh you're waiting on a person to get on, Okay, Well when when they get on, then we will uh, then we'll let it happen. One person writes, Matt, are you saying that you won't do the media at madness because you will only do things with upside for us individually?
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to get hurt.
Speaker 4: I think it's I think it's just it's just like like Ryan says, it's just an age thing. Plus when you're when you're six', four your body parts you, know they don't move like the the agility goes back and.
Speaker 6: Forth, now The calipari, camp you played in four minute. Intervals as soon AS i got, In i'm watching the clock begging it to go as fast as it.
Speaker 2: Can AND i was thirty.
Speaker 4: Seven, then, yeah that WAS i went back and, look that was the that was the twenty FIFTH i was on the twenty fourteen Team randal The.
Speaker 2: Twins that's a long time ago. AGO i was thirty. Six oh my. Goodness that a long time ago makes a. Difference who's on?
Speaker 3: Here this is Coach Mark.
Speaker 2: Pope Mark pope is on the, phone.
Speaker 3: Your first caller of the day.
Speaker 2: Line, No Mark, Pope it Is Mark. POPE i did? You how are?
Speaker 7: You it's a beautiful. Day it's a really special.
Speaker 2: Moment you might, say it's a beautiful.
Speaker 6: Day and she was a beautiful bride and a beautiful.
Speaker 2: Sky, yeah you know. What one of our guys got, married And ryan here referenced your tendency to say beautiful during the.
Speaker 7: Prayer, Hey i'm glad the wedding was. Good, Guys i'm so happy about.
Speaker 2: That, yeah it. Was it was a beautiful you know. What it was a beautiful. Wedding what's going?
Speaker 7: On i'm call him with an. Agenda, Okay i'm really trying to sell this media madness On september. Seventeenth i'm getting all kind of, juice BUT I i need you guys to show and come in full. Force, MATT i heard there was some some hesitation on your. Part we gotta we gotta get you over the edge Of it's five and a half weeks of.
Speaker 2: Training, Wait, mitte so you're calling because you want WHAT i guess the people who aren't playing are me And. Ryan you Want ryan AND i to?
Speaker 3: Play, Nope, Nope, ryan.
Speaker 7: LISTEN i know, YOU i know you've been dealing with a lot of. Stuff this is five and a half weeks aheadway for some level of. Participation i'm pushing the whole. Crew like you think about this? Team do you think about roster construction right? Now? Yes like you Got, Matt, Ryan, Mario, Drew Like drew's gonna bring the. Thunder Shannon tyler probably will be the. Ringer like this is a, squad THIS ksr. SQUAD i just think this could be.
Speaker 6: EPIC i got a great role for. Me involves water bottles and.
Speaker 2: Clipboard all, right hang on a, second BECAUSE i it is like he's calling us. Specific he is.
Speaker 7: So right, now right, now just so you, know like like all these media groups like JAM i is coming like they're putting together a. Squad they just think that it's going to be a. Beatdown all, right.
Speaker 2: All, right talk about this Right i'm looking at you right. Now if you will do, it BECAUSE i know you've been through a lot of, Stuff if you'll do, it Then i'll Do.
Speaker 6: I'll do it as long AS i don't have to put together one hundred percent, effort like maybe.
Speaker 7: Effort, hey what if we do? This what if we there's a couple of. Options we could go half, court or we could do the old like Throwback. Kansas uh you know old school girls rules where it was like three on three on one side you only played. Defense or you aren't that, office you never crossed that court like we're. Doing listen for you to show up and do, This ryan would be, incredible. Right so one of.
Speaker 6: The requests, COMMENDATION i can sub myself needed.
Speaker 7: Hockey. Substitution hockey sub so you can just sub and live play.
Speaker 6: Because one trip down the, floor coach And i'm. Out i'm dumped out of my, Head i'm, out get me out of.
Speaker 4: Here i'll tell you. WHAT i wasn't gonna do, It mark because it feels like. Embarrassment but if you're gonna call a.
Speaker 7: Go. Ahead but it's that that's no. Thing SO i saw the thing about the meme turn into a. Meme if you don't get turned into a meme three or four times in your, lifetime what's the point of, Living like that's why we're here to do.
Speaker 2: That that's. True there is a meme for me dancing right, now SO i probably, could, uh you know, what all, right since you took the time to, Call i'll be.
Speaker 4: THERE i will play in, it AND i will encourage all the other people too as. Well we'll see how everybody's schedule. Works BUT, i since you, called and since you take the time to reach, OUT i will.
Speaker 7: Play you guys are, awesome and this is What i'm looking for because this is actually so fun for us, Too like could we GET i don't, know some little two minute segment once a, week which just LIKE i was training, going like some report on how the training is, Going like who's actually getting the work? DONE i don't, know is like Is drew really going to show up for prep work every. Day it could be push ups during the break in the, show, whatever but just something.
Speaker 2: LIKE i want to, Know i'll tell you WHAT a little more. Requests what about this my esp in co Hous myron IF i can get him, here can he play and then we'll do this show from the thing is? That is?
Speaker 3: That all?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: You you you bring whoever you need to, bring like all, right like you if you need the HIGHER i was talking TO bbm tonight the other day and if they want to make some last second hires just to like bulk up, thirteam bring.
Speaker 2: It you know, what what's?
Speaker 6: Crazy we just Hired Tayshaun prince to.
Speaker 7: It's.
Speaker 2: Crazy, okay what? More one more request then if you, can if you're, going if you're okay with, ringers how about? THIS i think this would actually be. Fun can we are like a week before have a little event for The i'm just brainstorming, here but have a little event for the fans and whoever like wins our little event can. Play are you okay with? That?
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, yes go sell.
Speaker 2: Baby that would be cool to be a lot of.
Speaker 4: Fun that would be. Cool, Okay so we'll work on. IT i will Play drew And ryan will play. Man shannon's got a scheduling, issue but we'll see what we can.
Speaker 7: Do.
Speaker 3: Try i'll try to get.
Speaker 4: There But, MARK i appreciate you calling in and because of, you will do.
Speaker 7: It all, right, Boys, HEY i can't wait to y'all have a great few weeks of training.
Speaker 2: Oday all, right thank you very, Much.
Speaker 3: TREADMILL i want TO i want to hold a.
Speaker 6: Clipboard i'm gonna hold the clipboard and be the water boy And i'll be very happy in.
Speaker 2: THAT i JUST i just came up with. This do you like the? IDEA a? Fan love? It it would be Very we will.
Speaker 4: Talk TO uk and see how many BECAUSE i think it would be. Cool we could hold like a little. Combine sure not looking for the best, Player oh, yeah we.
Speaker 2: Are we want to. Win, NO i want to TELL i want everybody to feel like.
Speaker 4: That Like i'll talk to the folks AT uk see if they're. Okay how we could DO i think it would be nice maybe if we could get like one, man one, woman one.
Speaker 2: Chot that's a good.
Speaker 6: Idea yeah, right, yeah that's a good idea to be on our KS r. TEAM i didn't realize that guard be competing against the other groups.
Speaker 4: AS i didn't realize it was a team thing. Either but we have some people on the website who can Plotch, Pilgrim stephen P Jack pilgrim And mario can can provide a core to be.
Speaker 2: Decent i'm good For. Nick we Got nick got a post. Player you AND i we can just come. IN i can Be. FRANK i can just come in and Foul bullet.
Speaker 4: Might be a little stronger than. Me but, okay So i'm gonna. Get we're gonna get to work on.
Speaker 2: This, okay for the, combine for to, get BECAUSE i think having a combine with fans that's a, lot that's a great, idea would be a lot of.
Speaker 3: Fun our biggest thing is just gonna Be. CARDIO i need everybody to get on a treadmill immediately after the, show AND.
Speaker 2: I took some time. OFF I i need you for five.
Speaker 3: Weeks let's see what kind of condition you can be.
Speaker 6: In all, Right, wow how are you gonna turn it? Down and he calls into the.
Speaker 4: Show you, KNOW i heard they were going to try to talk us into. IT i didn't Expect mark to call in this show right.
Speaker 2: As we said. It all, right see nothing to. It we'll be.
Speaker 4: Fun i'm glad if. You, Honestly i'm doing it because he, called and because you'll do it BECAUSE i think it will be. Cool after all you've been. Through to have you run out there, now that will actually be.
Speaker 6: Awesome of, course you, KNOW i have to pee every five, minutes SO i can't play very.
Speaker 4: Long we don't need to go into those, details but that'd be. Okay you can serve yourself out and. Pee you're a point.
Speaker 2: Guard we need, you all, Right so be ready that week Of september as, yo, Girls, yeah but like a week maybe a week before that's when we'll do our. Thing, okay we're gonna to start working on. THIS i have no idea how to do.
Speaker 4: That beat the heat with a big summer sale At Don franklin choose from over six thousand new and certified pre own vehicles Plus Don franklin's ten year unlimited powertrain. Coverage dealerships all across The. Bluegrass our trusted family is here to serve all your auto. Needs It's Don franklin And Don Franklin auto dot. Com scroll click drive At Don Franklin Don Franklin.
Speaker 2: Auto All, right here we go.
Speaker 6: And bring out my number forty EIGHT Uk JERSEY i got let's.
Speaker 4: Go Mark, Pope we'll be ready back TO, ksr welcome, back take you sports. Radio all, RIGHT a five eighty. Seven i've already recruited my first. Ringer let's do, It let's do.
Speaker 2: It Richie farmer is on the. Phone, RITCHIE i don't know if you just heard that call, in but they're gonna do a media basketball thing AT.
Speaker 4: Uk they say we can bring in a. Ringer you want to lay some up one last time in?
Speaker 8: Memorial, WELL U, MATTE i would love to do, that but after a hip, replacement back surgery and two feet, SURGERIES i THINK i probably have to hang it up at this.
Speaker 2: Point ryan AND i can't play. Either but you think you could just give a little like we just will run some offense for.
Speaker 6: You just setting out there on the three point.
Speaker 2: Line we'll get you the.
Speaker 8: Ball, Okay well you want me to just be a? Shooter, yeah.
Speaker 3: Scorer, yes.
Speaker 2: We'll set some screens for. You i'm not. Listen we're gonna we're gonna get other. Ringers but what do you think one more, Time, richie and give it a.
Speaker 8: Shot all, right we'll we'll think about. It, Okay i'll give it. Up i'll think about it for. SURE i think it'll be. FUN i think you guys will have fun with that.
Speaker 3: A little. Bit he's gonna join me on the pre Show, wednesday so let me talk to.
Speaker 2: Him, okay So, Wednesday, richie if people they might be able to convince you to.
Speaker 8: Play, okay all, right we'll see that goes.
Speaker 2: All, Right thank, You.
Speaker 6: Richie appreciate it's just very convenient THAT ksr internship that just opened up for.
Speaker 4: Applications you, know Will he would stand us. Up quaddy And Marcus lee would stand us. Up, kevin go, Ahead? Kevin can you?
Speaker 2: Yes go for? It?
Speaker 9: Hello, Hey SO i got kind of a what if? Scenario or would you? Rather would you rather Will stein have like a mediocre just six, wins give us to a bowl game every now and then and just have a nice ten twelve year, career or you would you rather him knock it out of the, park take us to the college, playoffs but then be threatening to leave every time A nfl team needs an offensive courterever.
Speaker 4: And the latter and it's not even. Close appreciate the. Call make it to where they want our? Coach, yes you give me a. Playoff first of, all anything you say after, That i'm good just for that. Experience but, secondly, YES i want people to want my. Coach i've said.
Speaker 6: THAT i felt like anytime a bigger school or a bigger program comes after our.
Speaker 2: Football, coach that means he. Winning that means we've done something, wrong and it means we can get somebody else. Here. Yeah, True so, yes without, questions.
Speaker 5: Or if he turns it around and reaches that, point maybe he doesn't want to. Leave you, know the game's changed done AND i know where it can be.
Speaker 4: Done SO i was the guy who forever said it can't be done, here And i'm still going to be skeptical until it's. Done but NOW i think logistically there's a.
Speaker 2: Way. SURE i never thought there was logistically and framework, Away NOW i.
Speaker 4: DO i think there's a way we'll gonna do. IT i don't, know we'll, see but there's a. Way now it's theoretically. Possible so let's get, YES i want to do, That and then if he, goes he.
Speaker 2: Goes you know, what that's the way it. Goes, hadley go, Ahead, Hadley, hey what's?
Speaker 10: Up so my brother yesterday he got hit BacT about signed By Mont, Chilvich Mark pope And mikey who? Else Reese?
Speaker 2: Potter? Wow where was? This Laurel? Lake Laurel.
Speaker 4: Lake, okay they were on some sort of, retreat, RIGHT i think that's where WHAT i, heard well.
Speaker 2: The good.
Speaker 10: AND i recently saw this. Thing i'm gonna sound so dumb WHEN i say, this but pickle cotton. Candy SO i wanted to see what weird flavors y'all would think would be like good as a cotton.
Speaker 4: Candy all, right, WELL i appreciate the call anything, fruity but what does that? Mean pickled cotton candy have a pickle flavor to? It cotton candy that.
Speaker 2: Sounds candy in a?
Speaker 3: Jar how about Your?
Speaker 4: YEAH i MEAN i don't THINK i would love any. FRUIT i, mean when you start, picking like going anything to like, vegetables THEN i think that would be bad cotton. Candy BUT i peeny. FRUIT i, Mean.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised we didn't get any pickle cotton candy at picklesburged.
Speaker 2: Pickled everything everything that the pickleed beer was? Disgusting you like?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 2: Yeah very?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah he did like?
Speaker 4: THAT i uh, yeah they were all at the they went on a. Retreat did you Hear milan do His kentucky? Accent what did you? Think do you think that sounded like a Good kentucky.
Speaker 5: Has getting better at, It he's spent a couple of months. HERE i think by the end of the season he'll he'll fit right into one of.
Speaker 6: US i love it the fact he's showing no. Personality you, know we get to know who these people. Are you know as a person is a funny? Guy yeah he must.
Speaker 2: Be so who's somebody else Like richie we can get because LIKE i you, know it is a little cheating to have a willy college. Time but who are? There is there anybody that played and like the nineties that would be interested in playing with? Us that would be fun To?
Speaker 3: Ford can he still?
Speaker 2: Shoot he, can but he's.
Speaker 6: Coaching there is a former player that actually worked for us in a true, capacity Wosh OR.
Speaker 2: I got tomorrow on the pre. SHOW i can talk To, okay see about. Wu we would be tough to, Go we would be tough to. Guard and it feels like he's actually part of part of our. Group, yeah we, actually you know Had i'm trying to think who who are people in the, nineties early two. Thousands you know who's around TOWN a lot is a she. Moved just just talk To, yeah he's an, officer right law, enforcement chaf's. Deputy he's probably still in. Shape, YEAH i GOT i can, confirm definitely still in. SHAIR i gotta call my trainer this.
Speaker 3: Afternoon five weeks you're on the.
Speaker 2: Clock, well we gotta do something just for me to be able to run up down the. Court the, cardio that's the biggest.
Speaker 4: Thing IT'S i, Mean i'm not worried LIKE I i'm not great at, basketball but WHATEVER i.
Speaker 3: CAN i can't hand those, shots it's. Okay but if you can run the.
Speaker 5: Court BUT i got to be able to run up down the. Court where can we get some shots? UP i haven't even held a basketball in.
Speaker 4: Years, Well i'm going to Get i'm gonna see IF, Uk, well MAYBE uk will let.
Speaker 2: Us do our fan thing At. Memorial if, Not i'm SURE i could Get trancy to do. It, oh one of those places would have. Opened the would certainly do it for. Us MAYBE uk. Would BUT i got, It. Sonny you're getting a phone, Call. Barry go, Ahead.
Speaker 11: Barry, Hey, matt SO i have a little have a little pep talk For drew on this. Team THE i was looking at the roster and teams that have won over the past few, years all of them or not all of, them but the last few years they've had kind of a star from the mid, majors and we've got. That BUT i think the people think we keep forgetting is we've got two very Potential All americans on the, team and there's not too many teams that have that with moosavich and And.
Speaker 2: Alakai, YEAH i appreciate the. CALL i MEAN i, think do you think, that do you think we have a potential you think one of those guys can Make All?
Speaker 5: AMERICANS i think they both Could milan more Than. Malacha BUT i think it's fair to say that the Last All american we've had Was.
Speaker 2: Reeves is that? Right sounds about?
Speaker 3: Right how About Patrick. SPARKS i just got his number from a. Caller not.
Speaker 4: BAD i bet he could. Steal, yeah like. It we'll take a, break come back our two o k.
Speaker 7: S