Speaker 1: Hey, fam, Before we get back to the show, I have some major news to tell you. For over a year, I've been building a brand new app called Button Plus spelled bttn. So if you love our shows like Miles the Brave, Pixel Quest or Critter Protectors Parents, You're gonna need to download our Button plus app to get unlimited access to all of our Story Button and Mister Jim shows completely add free. Thank you to everyone who has supported us so far. It's truly amazing to have you a part of our family. From all of us here at Story Button, we really couldn't continue to do this without you, so it would be really helpful to us if you went to the app store and searched for Button spelled bttn, gave it a download and a five star review. That would be awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and now back to the show.
Speaker 3: Professor Roger Anderson the key to figuring out in Endangered Enterprise. Who would have thought that a professor at our town's community college would be the one? And when mister Luke met him after class, even he wasn't so sure Roger would be the guy to piece it all together. I remember mister Luke packing his backpack up and heading out the door. It's kind of funny how he actually looked like a student going to his first day of class. I guess it was good that he blended in, though, after all, he wasn't there to be a bother walking in with a whole critter protector uniform would probably draw a bit too much attention. Mister Luke parked near the main entrance and headed in towards the science wing.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I made pretty good time grab a snack or something. No way, I can't believe it. An American green tree frog. And right here on the light post of all places. Hey there, little guy, what are you doing out in the open like this?
Speaker 4: Hey there, boy? Oh, what do you got there?
Speaker 5: A green tree frog? He must have braved it over here for all the nighttime bugs. It's like a feast around these lights.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a pond right there at the back of the parking lot.
Speaker 5: Thanks. I'm pretty sure this guy is an American green tree frog. He wouldn't make it in water like other frogs, but those trees back there will be perfect.
Speaker 4: Ah, you learn something new every day, I guess. Well, now the missus is looking for me to get home, and they must be going. Don't want to keep her waiting too long. I have a good night now, boyo you two.
Speaker 5: Let's see the science wing. Ah, there it is wing se second floor, and there's the elevator. Man, I didn't realize how late it was already greater time just seems to move slower than real time.
Speaker 4: Going up.
Speaker 5: Yes, second floor, thanks, okay, even numbers are to the right. Almost there. Well there it is two o.
Speaker 6: Two now really really fascinating stuff.
Speaker 5: I guess I'll just camp out here until he's done. There's no way I could slip into class now. Who puts the door at the front of the classroom? This guy sure seems like he knows his stuff, though, I wonder what he did with Endangered Enterprise?
Speaker 3: Why did he leave?
Speaker 5: I'll just have to try and get some answers without seeming like a bad guy.
Speaker 3: Mister Luke sat at a small study table outside Professor Anderson's classroom for two more hours. He tried to come up with some way to ask him all the questions he had without being too suspicious. The last thing we needed was someone thinking we were the ones who need to be stopped. Really, Roger wasn't anyone to be worried about. He was used to questions. Being a professor, you have to be okay with questions. I think what startled him was the that we were up against a villain he knew personally, a villain he wished he could forget.
Speaker 5: Hey, mister, I mean professor Anderson, that's my name.
Speaker 6: What can I do for you? Questions about geode structures, undiscovered diamonds, something else.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I'm not a student. I mean those sound cool and all, but I was hoping I could borrow a few minutes of your time.
Speaker 6: Sure, I have a minute, but you're not selling me any of those candy bars with the drama team down there, are you? I already brought home too many of those things to the kiddo back home. That sugar had miles wide awake until ten pm last night. Ha Hey, anyways, sorry you're saying, don't.
Speaker 5: Worry, not selling any candy this evening, But I might just have to get myself one of those on my way out. Anyways, my name's Luke. I actually came down from Biology Squad HQ. Well, Gritter Protectors HQ. Maybe you've heard of us?
Speaker 6: Oh? Yes, who hasn't heard of Biology Squad? Around here.
Speaker 5: Our division specializes in helping animals, removing unfilters from algae filled ponds, saving animals. Oh okay, sorry anyways, the reason I'm here is because we desperately need to know about Endangered Enterprise.
Speaker 6: You better step into the classroom. Endangered Enterprise. How'd you hear about that group? How did you know to find me?
Speaker 5: Well, we kind of stumbled upon your name. You see, we've been on the search for some answers about operations of Nature's destruction THEND heard of them, Yes.
Speaker 6: I've heard of them. They shouldn't be active anymore. The tree should have.
Speaker 2: Stopped at all.
Speaker 5: That's what I thought, Professor. We have reason to believe the OEND has broken its treaty with Endangered Enterprise. But if we don't really know anything else, I was hoping you'd be able to help.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 6: Look, I left in Dangered Enterprise years ago. It was too dangerous, dangerous. They're not dangerous. The work was traveling, protecting geological wonders, fighting off groups like the OND. Not quite the work for a family.
Speaker 5: Guy, I see.
Speaker 6: But if you're looking at talk with them directly, your best bet isn't.
Speaker 5: Me, Professor. We have to get in touch with them. Time isn't necessary something we have a lot of. We think the OND might be scheming up something much worse. We got some kind of ENCRYPTID message and there's this strange marking on everything they use, like an eagle eye or something. It's like they have a bigger plan, one we don't know about yet.
Speaker 6: Eagle eye. Ugh, it's a Falcon. That's the project we were supposed to have shut down with that treaty years ago. If they're back at it, you're gonna have to act fast. Here take this card.
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 6: This is the only way to contact Endangered Enterprise. You're going to need to call this number, but only when you have an SOS call. This line goes directly to their headquarters and directly to their emergency line. When they ask you for your account number, what they're really asking for is a password only EE knows. Rebel Falcon returns this SOS message will bring them straight to you.
Speaker 5: Wait straight to me. What do you mean you'll see?
Speaker 6: Trust me? That's all I can help you with. I've already told you too much, but what you're up against is bigger than me keeping EE secrets.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Really, I can't thank you enough.
Speaker 6: You're welcome and good luck, Luke. I'm afraid you're sure gonna need it.
Speaker 3: Although mister Luke left that night with more questions than ever, he knew that what Professor Anderson told him was the most important piece of information we'd gotten so far.
Speaker 5: My tire, the unfilter. Could these just have been the O and d's ways of distracting us? Were those just planted there for us to stay busy on the wrong things?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 5: I just don't know.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 5: That's a new sound and it's coming from my wallet. It's the SOS card. Is this like a tracer or something?
Speaker 3: Thinking back, the real problem was that they the ond that is, had our batteries the source of power for the beginning of their big plan. If only we'd known what exactly this project was a little earlier, maybe we would have stopped it in time. Maybe we could have saved ourselves a lot of trouble. But then would we be the critter protectors I think of today? Would we really have stuck together if our problems weren't so problematic? Who knows? What I do know is that the next series of events almost pushed us to our breaking point, and It led us to our real mission to save the world.