Speaker 1: Welcome back to a Numbers game with Ryan Groski. Thank you all for being here. I want to say Happy Saint Patrick's Day and recording this the day before, so it is Saint Patrick's Day as the recording of this, and I want to wish everyone who is of Irish ancestry or who has Irish ancestry. I meant to say, who has Irish ancestry like myself, a very happy Saint Patrick Day. I hope you all celebrate being Irish, really being Irish, which apparently the President of Ireland and the Prime Minister of Ireland do not share my joy of the history of the Celtic people. I don't know if if anyone saw it, but Michael Martin, the Prime Minister of Ireland, was in Washington on Saint Patrick's Day. I attended an event in the morning with Vice President of Advance. There was a prayer. President Advance blessed himself. Michael Martin didn't because the Irish politicians are allergic to being Catholic or having Catholic ancestry and lineage to them. Then sat with President Trump and nod how Ireland has just been thriving because of mass immigration. One in four people living in Ireland now is an immigrant. They've opened the floodgates across the country to Ireland and to the Middle East, and it's doing wonders for petty theft and for housing prices. And you know there's Irish citizens rogue, Irish citizens burning down asylum hotels. He mentions none of that. He says it's right with the economy is thriving. And Trump, to his credit, actually did push back and said a lot of problems are coming with it. And then over in Ireland you had the new Irish president, Catherine Connolly, who wore black, refused to call Saint Patrick Saint Patrick. She's called him Patrick as if she was his drinking buddy, and then talked about how it's really a day about migration. For those who don't know the history of Saint Patrick. He was a slave. He wasn't a migrant. It is an insult to call a he was a slave. I mean, it was no migration, there was no passport. He went there. He was forcibly brought to Ireland, but did great things with his time there. And it's absolutely in furi The Irish politicians who govern that country are embarrassments. I know, I have a few Irish listeners. I have relatives who live in County Cork, I have relatives who live in Belfast. It's an embarrassment. It's the most embarrassing politicians of any country in Europe. And England has Cure Starmer. That just goes to show how badly Ireland has fallen on its times. And Ireland is the last country in all of Europe, to Western Europe especially not to have an effective populist party pushing back in immigration. I know there's the Independence Ireland Party, but they're very small, they're very minor. They're trying to get it together. They only have I think three seats in their parliament, not enough to have any kind of effective governing. And the three major parties all believe in the same thing, which is the erasure of Irish history, of Irish people in Irish culture. Absolutely horror, especially on a day to celebrate the resilience of the Irish people and all that Ireland gave the world. I mean, it's absolutely astonishing. And you know, it's so funny. There was an app on I see the ads on Instagram all the time. It's a history app. I don't know the name of it, but they one day talked about the two hundred thousand Irish orphans that were shipped to America and used basically as slave labor, and Irish slavery, which has never talked about in his own country. And the endurance of the Irish people to survive is by famine and really horrific treatment, and now their politicians are willing to wipe that all away in the name of diversity. They have traded hatred for the English for hatred for themselves. And to quote a short lived poem by Patrick Pierce, I am come of the seed of the people, the people of that sorrow, that have no treasure, but hope, no riches, laid a memory of an ancient glory. My mother bore me into bondage, and as my mother was born, I come of the seat of the people, the people that sorrow. There's no reason Irish people to have any sense of guilt whatsoever, or to destroy their heritage and their country by flooding it with migrants from across the world. Ireland needs, you know, a place for the Irish. It is what it is anyway. I'm not an Irish citizen. I don't know why I care so much. I think it's because the Irish heritage, and I have relatives named Seamus, so I mean, you get about Irish as it gets, and just to see that just our collective ancestry being washed away. Okay, enough about Ireland, let's talk about America. I am. I know what you're all thinking right now. You're all thinking, Ryan, you were right again? How did you know? How'd you do it? And you're probably all saying, what are you talking about? So I set a month ago on this podcast that Hakem Jeffrey is going to quickly wake up and realize that if he has a House majority in January, it will be the house that Bernie Sanders built. Bernie Sanders and progressive activists who love Bernie have been winning primaries across the country. They are changing the face of the Democratic Party, and a lot of them not big fans of Hakeem Jeffries, and they're increasingly saying they're unsure if they're going to support him for House Speaker. Axios. That's what I said a month ago. Now Axis is out with a new report that had a number of Democratic candidates coming forward and saying they are unsure who the next Speaker will be that they're not gung ho for Hakim. This is the quint of axious Why it matters. It is a stark reversal from Jefferies' virtual untouchable standing in the Democratic Party just a few years ago, and a sign that has passed the speaker may be rockier then previously thought. Jeffries and his allies maintained there's not a remotely worried about a massed affection, pointing out that even the minority, he has endured twenty speaker ballots and hasn't lost a Democratic vote. But this crop of freshmen may provide the first chink in here two four impenetrable armor, with a block of genuinely viable candidates making clear that voting for Jeffries as Speaker is not a given if the Democrats take the House. As of now, there are eighty candidates running for a Congress this year who say they are not committed to backing Jeffries. That is not a small number. Especially Democrats find themselves in the same place that Kevin McCarthy did a couple of years ago. You have a majority, it's not a huge majority. What do you do A couple of defections means you have to concede a lot of things to them. It means you're not guaranteed to get the speakership. And in the era of Trump two point zero term two point zero, there is a lot of belief among rank and not rank Bible but activist Democrats the Democratic Party is not doing enough to fight the Orange Man right that the Democrats have gone along with funding the government that they've gone along with other things that they should have been doing more whatever it is more, I don't know. I think some Democrat activists would have wanted the Democrats to shut down the government of day one. They possibly could have and kept the government shut down all four years. And Jeffries hasn't gone along with that because being leader means you have to govern responsibly, So no surprise that he didn't do that. What Jeffries has going for him is the same thing that McCarthy had going for me is that there's no central opposition. Pelosi faced opposition a few times while she was Speaker, but there was a person running against her. There was a guy who running against her and saying I'm going to be the opposition. They always lost, but there was someone to rally troops against Pelosi. There is no one rallying troops against Jeffrey's like there's no one reallyships against McCarthy. They may be someone saying I don't want him to be in power, but there's no no one's saying vote for me instead, which is important. Matt Gateston on McCarthy. But they didn't find a consensus candidate. Wasn't like Gates himself was being presented as a choice for speaker. There was nobody. It was either McCarthy or nobody. And they're kind of having the same situation with the Democratic Party right now. They don't have a singular person offering a progressive vision who could raise money, because that's a big part of the job is who can raise money. And the truth is you can't beat somebody with nobody, unless AOC or someone like that who has the belief, the support, the troops, the money, and I can't with this money is very important for the speaker. You're not going to find somebody kind of break Hakeem Jefferies' lock on the Democratic Party. So Haqem is safe right now, but things are dicey and if they don't get their way or they kept blank, or they cave one or two times, and they have a small majority, it's going to be very very dicey for Jeffries going anyway. That's my little nod to my audience telling I told you guys, I was ahead of the curb. I knew what was happening, and I think this is going to be a long term issue for Hikim Jeffreys and whoever governs the Democrats in the House. The Democrats are going to act a lot more like the Republicans in the House when it comes to being less orderly. Now, I want to talk about something else that people think is very far into the future, but it's actually only a few months away, and that is the twenty twenty eight presidential election. I know some of you are like Ryan, that's four years away. No, it's not. The first candidates who will announce their run for the White House will happen within the next nine months. Basically, you will have you could have a baby if you get pregnant today, and you will have a Democrat running for president or a Republican running for president by the time that baby is born. It's not a long time left before we're entering into the twenty twenty eight presidential cycle, and there's two things. There's two essential questions, which is one is JD Evans inevitable on the Republican side and who is the most likely candidate on the Democratic side. Let's go into the Republican side first. I get messages about JD literally every single week from somebody saying, you know, is the nomination process really over? What has he done to deserve the nomination? Is he ready to be president? Can we nominate someone else? Or is somebody else going to run? Let me answer the last question first, Is someone else going to run? Yes, other people are going to run. Ted Cruz is almost definitely running for president. You know, he believes that he's got some kind of compact with God where he ends up being president one day. He's almost destined. He's got this, you know, destined from from Christ himself to be president United States side. Note, you guys remember when he picked Carly Fiorini as his vice presidential candidate and they kind of grass hands and missed each other's hands at the rally. I don't know why that kind of flashed in my memory as I was recalling Ted Cruz running for president, but it did. I've also heard rumors that Brian Kemp, Governor Georgia, is strongly considering a run. Ron to Santa's governor Florida is considering a run. I've heard Josh Holly, the Senator from Missouri, is asking questions. Ram Paul says that he's exploring his options. He's the senator from Kentucky. Steve Bannon, I've heard for a while wanted to run. But the Epstein stuff, the idea that he made this video tape with Epstein, not not those kinds of tapes, but a different kind of tape with Epstein and was interviewing him and never released the footage and could have been very complimentary for Epstein, possibly in the footage. Whatever the case may be, I heard, it's really hurt his potential of running. There's other people who want to run but don't really have a lane. Telsea Gabbard I heard, is interested but doesn't know if she has got a lane. R Okay Junior very much wants to make a run for something and doesn't know if he has a lane. And then there's the nine hundred pounds elephant in the room, which is Mark or Rubio. Now Rubio has been doing optionally good job as Secretary of State, and everyone has taken notice, including the president, and it's clear that Rubio is having an effect on the President's thinking when it comes to foreign policy. According to several reports, President Trump has asked multile people if he should endure Vance or Rubia for president, and at least one report said that a lot of donors really do love Rubio. They love Rubia Moore. Also, I want to point out that Susie is very close to Rubio as well. Susie the chiefest staff. Now. Polling on the twenty twenty eight presidential race is very, very difficult because there are multiple names that are being floated in these polls who are not running, like Donald Trump Junior is not running for president. There is no reason why a pollster is throwing his name on a poll because it changes the poll's outcome. Because the polls very very high. Is the president's son, and it absolutely affects the way that these polls are coming out in the certainty of these polls, so other poles that just have the most likely contenders. Vans has a formidable twenty two thirty point lead against Rubio, who's a distance second, and then Dessanta's is in third, and he's just in the high single digits in early swing states and polls like in New Hampshire, Advance is more than fifty percent. Even Rubio is not even in double digits. Now. Obviously, if Trump were to endorse Rubeo over Vans, that would change things considerably. But I have a hard time seeing that happen. And here's the reason Vans is doing fundraising for the twenty twenty six midterms. Vance is creating these independent relationships with donors. Vance is also whilst campaign isn't up and running yet, it will escalate quickly after the midterms, and it will have a lot of the infrastructure from the Trump twenty twenty four campaign on his side and Rubio. That's I think that's why Rubio has firmly said I'm not running. Advance is running now. If there's going to be some kind of upset where Rubio is shocks everybody and announces, it has to be in the next six months, because it's got to be. You have to get the jump start to create a parallel organization and kind of take over part of the Trump organization that I don't think that Advance would just give up on his own. So no, I don't think that vance is inevitable. But if you were a betting man and you're placing your house on the betting markets, you should bet on vance. That's what my opinion. Now on the Democratic side, there's so many people running it is becoming a clown car. You have Kentucky Governor Andy Basheer, Senator of from New Jersey, Corey Booker. You have Pete Buddhagjeeds. You have Rammanuel, former White House Sheep of Staff or President Obama and mayor of Chicago. You have Josh Green, the governor of Hawaii. I had to look him up to I don't know who Josh Green was when I first read that he was considering running. Kamala Harris, the former Democratic nominee from twenty twenty four. Senator Mark Kelly from Arizona, Senator Ruben Gego from Arizona, Congressman Roe Connor from California, Governor Gavin Newsom from California, Congress from Alexander Cortest from New York, Centator John Auso from Georgia, Governor J. P. Pritzker from Illinois, and Governor Joshapiro from Pennsylvania. Okay, that is the people who are running on the Democratic side so far, those of the names being floated so far. Early polls at this part far out without someone sitting in office, really is about name ID and obviously Kamala Harrison Gavin Newsom have the highest name I D they have the upper hand in these polls. But what is more important than the name recognition for the Democratic nomination is the calendar. No one is talking about this. See, the Democratic primaries has changed significantly where states like Iowa and New Hampshire, which used to go first, have been pushed aside from South Carolina. The Democratic Party says they're too white, and you know, white people, if they get a voice in the Democratic Party, it's you know, that's bad news. Can't can't let a white man from the Midwest have a voice in the Democratic Party. Absolutely not allowed. So they've moved to South Carolina, which is a majority black voting population with the Democratic primary. And that is the way that most of the Deep South still is. There's something like Florida. I don't think that it's like that anymore. Texas is not like that anymore. But most of the states in the South are still black majority Democratic voting bates, and they favor candidates who are more establishment, who are more centrists, and they give the Democratic nomination. It is almost virtually impossible to win the Democratic nomination without the support of older black women in the Deep South. They nominated Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton. I mean only I think John Kerry, and only because John Kerry won all the states before the South, and so by that point it was just kind of cleaning up. I think he lost, you know, I think he lost North and South Carolina, but he was the only one and he was able to speak basically everywhere else. He might have lost one other state to I think maybe lost Oklahoma as well, but he basically swept the entire race very very quickly. But he was once again the only one. So you need the Deep South. You need old ladies, the black old ladies Deep South. And who they support is who the likely Democratic nominee eventually will be. They're not going to support a people to judge. They're not going to vote for a gay candidate. They're not going to support a radical left winger. They're not going to support a Bernie Sanders. They probably will not support an AOC. So that's who you have to keep an eye out for. If you're going to stare at cross poles, at crosstabs and polls, that's who you want to look at. How are black voters in the South considering who are they voting for right now? They really do like Kamala Harris still because she was the nominee, she's a black woman. We'll see if they find favor or of love with anybody else, but right now, according to the most recent pole, there's been no polls in South Carolina, but according to the most recent nationwide poles, thirty six percent of black voters say Kamala Harris and if she holds true that she could absolutely be the nominee. Again with me to discuss all things twenty twenty eight is the great journal us Mark Apprin that's coming up with me to discuss the twenty twenty eight election is legendary journalist Mark Appron of Next up with Mark Auburn and Chwo Way Fame. Thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 2: Mark, honor to be here, sir, Thank you for inkluing so Mark.
Speaker 1: The question I get all the time, and I had asked literally once a week is is JD. Vance inevitable? What is your opinion on that?
Speaker 2: I thought he was, and now I don't. I think the three things have happened and make him short of inevitable. He's still the base case, I think. Still the most likely outcome, probably still by far, is that he decides to run, the President endorses him, and he's the nominee by consensus and probably runs with Marco Rubio. But three things have happened. First of all, the rise of Rubio, just the groundswell of interest in in and support of him, and the belief amongst many stakeholders that Rubio would be a better nominee is pretty big. So that's number one. Number two, Vance has rubbed some people the wrong way, and his public appearances and his private meetings with donors. He's just went from a run of nine months or so of extreme popularity and being extremely well received, and now some people having questions about his personality and about his failure to repudiate people like Tucker Carlson, so some doubts about him. And then, lastly, as it's become a kind of a possibility that it won't be Vance, whether Ted Cruz runs or other people run, just a sentiment of he needs to earn this, that it wouldn't be in the party's interest, and it wouldn't be right to simply hand him the nomination, and that there should be whatever needs to happen to make it a competitive process needs to happen. So those three things have combined to make me pull back from my view that it was a mortal locke for Vance.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, Ted Cruz is going to run no matter what. Ted Cruz thinks that he's got a contract with Jesus Christ to be president one day. That is, you know this vision from above. I don't care who's running with Siza, and there's other people who want to run. I know Ron de Santas has made phone calls. I know that Brian Camp has made phone calls. There are people who have that dream of the presidency hasn't loss upon him. But there is a belief among people in Vance camp that there shouldn't that the vice president shouldn't even be on a debate stage with anybody else, that he should be running by himself. Is that you think the wrong opinion to make among Republican voters.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a long time before voters have a say in this, and I think I still think that there's a chance to Mansel decide with his young children not to run. I just wouldn't rule that out. But if he decides to run, I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't get the president's endorsement. And then the question is, is the RNC finance share, which is a unique slot, would be given to an incumbent vice president with presidential ambitions as someone who still retains an extraordinary amount of goodwill within the party is the front runner in the polls. I think he'd win every element of the invisible primary well before any votes were cast, So that's what would lead him to get Trump's endorsement. And I think to largely clear the field again, well before anybody voter to voters, to voters eventually, if he refused to debate, if he didn't clear the field, would they care? Maybe? But I think the question will largely be answered before voters cast.
Speaker 1: Why is van Why is Trump asking about Rubio all of a sudden? Does does Trump all of a sudden have a feeling like he's not as strong or that Rubio is so great?
Speaker 2: I'm an expert in politics and campaigns and government, not in psychology, but I'll do my best. I think he you know, he loves central casting, you know the concept of central casting. He loves people who do well on TV, and he's fascinated by kind of an anthropology. Right, So I think he thinks it's interesting how often he hears from people at mar A Lago and members of Congress and people reporters who he talks to. I have Rubio is kind of awesome? Is in Rubyo asome? He thinks, well, that's interesting. Why are people talking so much about how awesome Rubio is? Then I think, you know, as much as he may want to anoint Vance, eventually, you know, he likes competition. He likes to put scorpions in a bottle and or you know, go to the Bronx to a cock fight and see people hammer each other, and then you know, again he's a pretty sophisticated TV producer. He sees what I see, which is Vance has had some less than surefooted moments in public and Rubio has not of late. So probably all those things just make him want to make mischief. And he knows that even if he's his thought is you know, if I'm right then eventually he's going to endorse Vance. There's no cost to doing this now, and probably he sees an upside that Advance should have some competition, because if he endorsed Vance right away, or if he only said nice things about Advance, I think he probably believes Vance would get to the general election without any sort of test. And as you know, often candidates who have rough nomination fights go into the general election a lot more battle tested and ready for the fight. Then if they if they cruise the nomination.
Speaker 1: Also, he does create the situation where he really is a lame duck once there's a nominator follow It is a certain sight. You know. Steve Bannon once said if Trump would be the last president ever, that would be his dream like because he really would never want that to happen. And then and last part of this before we go on is, you know, the Tucker Carlson correlation with Vance is what I hear about so often, particularly from Jewish friends of mine, Jewish political activist, Jewish donors. I think it is really actually haunting him with a certain segment of the population that can't be understated. I mean, it's it's real, like, it's not fake. Anymore. I believe things are fake until I've heard it a million times. I'm like, Okay, maybe it's real, but I do believe it's real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no way, it's for them, it's a question of character and values, and I think for some of them it's a question of competence. They just they think it's a no brainer to distance from Tucker. And and it's not just Tucker. You know, those those college Republicans who had the text chain where they you know, made jokes about Hitler some other people in MAGA, like the Vice president's attitude is seems to be in kind of a I would say, almost childish way, is to be like, ah, I'm not going to repudiate people just because people tell me to repudiate people without regard to well, like would you repudiate you know, Osama bid Laden, right, so so so I totally agree with you that I hear it all the time. And like I said, it's not just that it kind of rubs them the wrong way from a from a you know, like a political point of view. Really they think it speaks to his values, and of course it plays into the doubts that a lot of people have had about him. Over the course of his time in public life that he went from saying Trump was the Republican Parties Hitler to saying Trump was the greatest president of all time. And they just some people seeing him a phony and a person and without values and without a north Star. And the Tucker stuff plays into that for a lot of people, not just Jews, but a lot of Jews.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a lot of yeah. Okay. So on the Democratic side, Mark has this great ranking. I watch it every time you post a new one on the Democratic primary. Who is the most likely to get it? Who's not his the least likely to get it. You have been famously bearish on Gavin Newsom for a very long time until recently. You are extremely bullish though on Rama Manual, in my opinion, much more so than I would I really you speak very favorably about his possibility of him being nominated.
Speaker 2: Truly, my sources do, and I report what they say. I think there's a very small chance of his being the nomination, probably none except if except if lots of people don't run and the establishment just gathers random think that. I think his record with one of your favorite groups of teachers unions in Chicago. I think is his lack of bedside manner. I think is being Jewish, being short, I think being I think, he said opposition researchers dream. No, I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong impression. He's on my list of eight because of such a weak field and because he does have so much support for the establishment, and under certain circumstances, I believe he could be endorsed by both Barack Obama and Bill Clinton, which for a lot of voters could make a difference. Endorsements really do. But I think those might, So I'm not bullish on him at all. I'm aware though that a lot of my sources are what in your.
Speaker 1: Opinion, because I said, this is my monologue. The calendar is very important. If South Carolina goes first, black women in the South play an extraordinarily. You know, their vote really, really, really matters, and they are the vote that say Bill Clinton, Barack Obama and Joe Biden. Who is playing to the progressive base, who lives in New Hampshire and Vermont, and who is playing to black women in the Deep South and playing them strong because it's a complete at least out of different values.
Speaker 2: Well, yes and no, I mean in this field, in this Republican in this Democratic Party. I don't know that that's some sort of like existential choice between the two. I think right now at this phase, at least, what voters, whether they're Bernie Sanders, you know, living on the New Hampshire border Vermont border in New Hampshire, or whether they're you know, seventy year old black women who vote regularly in South Carolina. They want someone who'll stand up to Trump. They want someone who's got energy, they want someone who seems to be able to bridge the divides within the party and within the country. So I think I unlike some past cycles, and again partly it's because the calendar is unsettled, and partly because of the fields so weak. I don't see lots of specialization in terms of either demographics or giagrit geography. At this point, I think everybody is trying to play everywhere and because no one is particularly strong you can beat Pete bootagege historically, you know, comically with black voters and say I'm going to make a play for that, because with the exception of Kamala harris'sually no one in the in the potential field who has some sort of historic or deep hold on black women voters.
Speaker 1: I have told polsters to put a poll in South Carolina or in Alabama or wherever where you put Pete foota judge up against a fictional Democrat and see who polls higher with black voters. I would actually like to see if, as I bet, it's not Pete Pooter judge. But I think that there is. I think there's a cautionary tale with Kamala Harris in twenty twenty four where she famously said that she would give transgender illegal alliens free medical care and it really did actually hurt her base with progress with with regular voters and for the you know, love of progressives that she did'ed up getting. Anyway, is there caution exists today at all? Like, hey, we can't go too far to the left. I know Andy Basher does it, but does anybody else.
Speaker 2: Well, your favorite candidate Ramamanuel does, Gavin Newsom does it. Gavin Newsom does it. Episodically, I think there's part of why this is so unsettled, besides again the weakness of the field and the lack of DNC sanctioned nominating calendar, is there's two variables that if you look at the elections of twenty sixteen and twenty twenty, you would say would be a super source of strength for the Democratic nominee, because I believe Sanders, Senator Sanders would have been the nominee in sixteen and in twenty if the DNC hadn't agreed the rules to keep him from winning. One is super progressive, and with the exception of AOC and Rocanna, there's no one else in my top lists that are super progressive, like single payer, green, new deal, you know all that. So that's one, and then the other is is sort of a populist outsider that no member of Congress except AOC need apply. Even governors might not be outsider enough.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So it's hard to know because four is not part of the sample space because we had an incumbent president and then he ended it off to an incumbent vice president. But most of the of the fingertip feel my sources have and I have for the Democratic Party says a populist, super left wing outsider is a good lane. It may not win, but it's a good lane. And again I don't think AOC will run in the end, and so someone has to fill that lane, and I don't see it right now. I don't see who that person is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. Also, thing I'm hearing from Democratic consultants and activists is no women. I've heard from multiple Democratics thing, we are not voting for a woman this time, right.
Speaker 2: So like, you hear no women, you hear no jew, you hear no gay, you hear no non white. So that doesn't leave a lot of people. That leaves Gavity, Newsom, and Andy to be sheer.
Speaker 1: For the most part, I do not believe that that Joshapiro conversation happened where they accused him of being an age or asked me he was an agent for Israel. I don't believe that happened whatsoever.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. I'm agnostic on that, but I just don't think that that that that specific or the general question of whether he makes stuff up or very big problems compared to most of the other candidates.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's true. Okay, So if you had your ranking, now, who is the top person who is leading the field? The weak field, that, mind you, but the leading field.
Speaker 2: I think Newsome and Shapiro are head and shoulders above everyone else. But I don't think Newsom's going to make it to the starting line in the end, and I think Shapiro has massive flaws. But I also don't believe in this white Night theory that somebody's surprising is going to come through. So my current, my current bet is is it's going to be bootages, as implausible as that is, but until until they proved either they're not running or they're weak, I think it'd be their Newsom or Shapiro.
Speaker 1: I literally guessed that is that is that is a hot take. If you could compare this field, as a student of history, compare this field to any other previous primary which one would it be? Is this like two thousand and four, two thousand and I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Nineteen two two thousand and four was a pretty weak field, but I think this is currently the weakest field.
Speaker 1: Well, Mark Halpern, thank you so much. Where they'll go to read all your stuff, listening to you. Your shows are always must watching my household.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Next up on YouTube or two way dot tv, you can find some of my content there. That's plenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, great to see you.
Speaker 1: Now it's time for the Ask Me Anything segment. If you want to be part of the Ask Me Anything segment, ent me Ryan at Numbers gamepodcast dot com. That's Ryan at numbers Ploural Numbers gamepodcast dot com. This question comes from my buddy Peter Fomo. He says, if the sayback passes, what is your opinion on whether or not it will help Republicans. I assume it will help, but my concerns are Republican the lower pencity voters may not get the effort to register. Maybe I mean it affects new registrations on existing ones. I think it will have a minimal effect. Where I think it could have a large effect. The place is going to have the biggest effect is in states with automatic voter registration, so among Spring State's places like Pennsylvania, Nevada, and Georgia. In Georgia, I think you will actually help Republicans a lot a lot of lober pencany, mostly black voters who do turn out for Joe Biden, who turn out for Stacy Abrams, who turn out for any Democrat. They will likely not be able to automatically get voter registration, which means they have to do the work and not just show up on election day, which would probably decrease voter turnout among that population. But it's going to be very small, my bet, and I don't think it's going to necessarily change the economy too much. I would guess if I had to put up money a where it helps Republicans, it will affect automatic voter registration, and that will impede probably automatic registration in states that in states with large populations of lower pensity Democratic voters like Nevada and Georgia. That's my guess. We'll see, we'll see if it even passes. I mean, they're coming up to a problem and I will leave some Rokowski not supporting it, so who knows. I mean, it's gonna be by the skin of their teeth that they get this thing through. We'll have to wait to see. Anyway. That's this episode. If you like this podcast, please like and subscribe on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast where to get your podcast, and I will talk to you guys on Friday. Bye.