Speaker 1: Well, well, well, I bet you didn't guess this. The Boston Celtics are once again off to a fantastic start. Who could have thought be sod the Cavs, the Magic and several other teams here. Obviously we have a very small sample size. Then we're going to be getting into all the fast starts around the league and more with median Aaron Edwards on today's episode, I'm Miles.
Speaker 2: Gray, and I'm Jack O'Brien and this is Jack D three got it?
Speaker 1: And looka d hitch ten. Okay, there you're going be driving Spinny Fatter number eighteen that's been secured. The Celtics are NBA champions over the Double Team.
Speaker 3: I died to be honest, we could tell look show time, what'd you go?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Hopefully you're hearing this on Halloween. If not, let allow the Halloween vibes the spookiness spill over into this episode. Uh, and you can continue the wonderful, wonderful holiday. Aaron Edwards joins or sorry.
Speaker 3: Or scaring dead words?
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, scaring Deadwards here of the Uncle show. I don't know how to make that sound spooky. And Phoenix currently look a free agent and looking but has written and produced phenomenal NBA content for years. Scaring Dead Words welcome to Boo boo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should emphasize the boot dang if we had any professional Okay, you did do a book.
Speaker 1: Look between the two of us, we boo Steve oh like that? Okay, yeah, yeah we could do that too.
Speaker 4: I want to pause the show now and change my Twitter name because Scared Deadwards goes.
Speaker 3: Kind of yeah you still got time. We're recording you guys, stay as in advance of Halloween. To tell you something that I'm just.
Speaker 4: Gonna November Jessica Show comes down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, change at mid November, just to make sure people are on their toes, you know what I mean. But anyway, hey Phoenix, I mean we're gonna we're gonna talk about the Phoenix Suns in a little bit. But uh, just you know the it's a wonderful time of year when the season starts and we have a very small at least for me as a Laker fan, I have a four game sample size. Well yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, stop the count, baby, we say.
Speaker 3: This rate, We're gonna get so many dang wins year, seventy five percent. I was looking at like an NBA power ranking on Yahoo I think it was, and they were just assume it was just you know, the four and O team, the Celtics, number one, Cleveland Cavaliers, the number three powerhouse in the league. They're just like, this is what it's going to be from now on. The Philadelphia seventy six ers blow it up, which I'm not going to say the thought hasn't crossed my mind after a one and two start, But uh yeah, I love the early season overreaction because I'm a part of it as well.
Speaker 1: We all are, we all are we all are aeron? How about you?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you overreacting, underreacting or just reacting?
Speaker 4: I mean last year everything that was the problem with the sense state the problem. We lost the Spurs twice at the beginning to the last season, so I think that everybody's keeping their timpers right where it should be. I mean, we are excited because we don't have Volgal anymore, but like I said, we lost the Spurs had sixty percent of their season wins against us in that first week, so we kind of took it hard. It were just kind of relax this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, I think one thing that jumps out and a lot of people are the players attempting ten or more three pointers per game to start off. And I was just looking at Anthony Edwards' stats just overall, and it does feel like, oh yeah, all things must come through a now at this point, like a lot of the a lot of the labor is now on his shoulders based on just the amount of three points that he's having to shoot.
Speaker 3: Dude, if I shot that much, I'd also be averaging thirty points a game. That's yeah, three though you show that it would be forty one point five percent, like Anthony Edwards is uh through four games. But yeah, but.
Speaker 1: He's got the most I think, right, thirteen point two.
Speaker 4: I say, Harden was never even close to shooting that many at the peak of all the hard inness Like they're saying that Anthony Edwards is really letting them thanks love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirteen point two. Yeah, it's a it's a lot. And Tyrese Maxi shooting twelve point seven a game and we're not going to look at the percentage LaMelo ball, he's only making twenty three point seven percent.
Speaker 1: Now could shoot better than Tyrese Maxi.
Speaker 3: No, okay, just making one of the levels. Yeah, yeah, It just it feels like the league took a look at where things were, and like I remember seeing some stats in the off season that was like, actually, so the expected value of three point shots and expected value of two point shots were like, you know, threes were way above expect value of two point shots for a long time, and then slowly, by slowly, defenses adjusted and now it's back to a position where they're like basically equal because people are just like being much harder outside the arc and like coming up with schemes that work. This would suggest that offenses are just like yeah, but still we're gonna do We're gonna do this much better than you can defend it, and have just doubled down on the number of threes being taken.
Speaker 4: I think, just the sheer amount that Boston took against the Knicks that first game. It was like the of mode. It was like, uh oh, like this is what it's going to look like.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: I don't hate it, Like I'm a bombs away dude. That's how I played pick up. So so I'm fine with NBA players letting them flyve but I could see how a lot of people haven't like I want the NBA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would like the NBA to reflect my own decision making in an amateur basketball game. And then I can be like, this is just like the league. Man, I threw up twenty five attempts in one game.
Speaker 4: Past half court. Put it up. I don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh my god, one's arding me as I crossed half court and I took that as disrespect.
Speaker 4: Got shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah right exactly like that was a.
Speaker 3: Past, that was a pass. Why weren't you there?
Speaker 1: But that was a lob man. I'm five eight, man, this is LA Fitness. Well, I didn't know you seemed you had nice clothes on.
Speaker 3: I thought, come across big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give a very big energy. But also like, look at Clay forty two point five, he's you know, think he's looking company's. He's sliding in pretty seamless at least for that.
Speaker 3: He's working out real well so far. Again, we're going to this episode is going to be the equivalent of that Yahoo Power rankings li or just like you know, and we expect all of this to continue on forever.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, there is no regression to the meat.
Speaker 3: I'm really worried about Jason Tatum. He looks too that he is a problem good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: As for for new listeners, I do not root for the Celtics. I root for the field against the Celtics. I would say I'm a die easy Sixers fan, like not die hard. I will. I will die so.
Speaker 1: Quickly coffin for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Well, let me just get in there and put the dirt, the dirt up with nice and comfy. I think I heard Chase Arono say that one time. I like that line. Die easy. I'm not, you know, living and dying with everyone. Uh. The one thing I will die hard with is anybody except the Celtics rooting against the Celtics one of the time. They look too good this year and it's it makes me very sad, right, and Tatum looks incredible.
Speaker 1: In the same way, we're overreacting. We're like, well, these these teams in the East maybe the ones to stop them, and based on what we're saying, like and they they can't. They don't.
Speaker 3: Nick Sixers and Bucks do not are not starting at a dead sprint the way the Celtics are.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I think the Celtics being this good is just a fair trade from how much we just dunked on them all summer. Like it was like we just made fun of them for an entire summer and they just had to eat it. Between the Olympics and the Jalen Brown like, it was just all that that we have to deal with and that they that we put on them, Like we got our jokes off and now they get to be good and it's annoying. But I had so much fun trashing the Celtics.
Speaker 1: Then it also felt like just so weird too, or like the tones are like, Haha, y'all won a championship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the respect anyone has ever gotten for winning a championship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, team has been less chill after winning a championship though, Like it was they they put it kind of on themselves to be made fun of, and that's what made it easier.
Speaker 3: But let's talk about that. Why did they put them on themselves? Because I agree, but that's what this podcast is going to be bad.
Speaker 1: How they are the architects of their own demid.
Speaker 4: No, it was just they didn't act like champions. Like there wasn't like a cockiness to them. They were just like kind of poudy the entire summer Holiday and White were the only ones that were like, I'm enjoying all of this.
Speaker 3: That's what was so frustrating about the holiday trade is like, he's so hard to dislike. I will like him when he's playing for the Celtics, but only in.
Speaker 1: That context because then he'll do like he'll just be himself, even in that jersey, and I'm like, oh, I like Drew, Yeah, wait, no, no bad Miles.
Speaker 4: I mean he stole a championship from us on the Bucks and I still like them so much, Like it was just one of those things. But if it was Pacers or if it was Celtics holiday and he did the same thing, I would dislike him more. I think it's the jersey that does it, Like him walking down book and stilling it and like all that as a book, like yeah that was it's up. But it's holiday and as a Celtic I'm just like, oh, does he have to do this as a Celtic?
Speaker 1: I mean, should we should we talk a little bit about the Denver Nuggets because that's a team. I felt like a lot of people in predictions were like, well, I think I think the Nuggets could be right back in this year.
Speaker 3: Sorry, real quick, we should just run through the rest of the list. If people are shooting over ten percent over ten three is a game. We got Lamello Ball shooting twelve three is a game and making forty one point seven percent of them. Jalen Green eleven point five three is a game over forty one point three, ning them ten point eight three is forty one point nine. And then Clay ten Luca shooting ten a game, which I feel like is kind of what we expect from him. But he's shooting badly, but that will unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get that nice step back the other night.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but yeah, but you forget they're making like it doesn't seem like it's because people have stopped regarding this. Like the threes people are making this year just seem like harder. It's just like people the shooting just keeps getting better. And as we voice said on the show, the shot making is what it's all about. And that's an interesting insight.
Speaker 1: All right, I haven't heard that before, right there?
Speaker 4: Have you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Shot make shot so because in basketball you want to make shots. Yeah yeah, and so when you're good at that, that's called shot making.
Speaker 1: I remember I think off Mike you were saying earlier before the show, which kind of completely changed the way I look at the sport was sort of like, by the time the fourth quarter ends, you want the number that's next to your team to be more than I.
Speaker 3: Slid you a secret formula across I don't tell anybody the universe.
Speaker 1: Your number has to be the bigger number at the end.
Speaker 3: So that's that's kind of grad school basketball. But like where when you get to the PhD level, you underst and that having the more number at the end of the fourth quarter actually does come down to U shot making, making the shots that you try and make into the basket.
Speaker 4: So do we shoot the shot that's worth more points or the one that's worth less points?
Speaker 3: And we laugh? And yet for like two decades they did figure that out. I don't know, that seems weird, man.
Speaker 1: It's just like a fifty percent increase in value on that one.
Speaker 6: What the hell are you doing way back there? Yeah, that's a gimmick. This guy is a gimmick artist whom the trick stuff. We'll speaking of trick stuff, the Denver Dunnets. No, I guess we should have followed that up with a Memphis story, but we'll just go with Denver. Yeah, Jokic get twenty eight eighteen sixteen assists, and yet Denver is a team that I don't feel great about at this point.
Speaker 3: They're two and two, still good.
Speaker 1: It feels this is the overreaction. Episode is the overreaction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels like they might as well disband the team and sell it for parts.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it just feels like they Suproducer Jabbari made a good point. It just feels like they have less of a margin for error and that I know that feeling, you know when you have a team that like, yeah, you can mess up and have like this guy can have a bad game, that guy can have a bad game, but like you still are going to pull it out at the end. Yeah, they just feel like they're one of those teams that it's like they're it's it's gonna be a game of inches every time.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, plus Russell Westbrook going like out of.
Speaker 3: Body yeah in that same game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in that game, and it's like, well, if these are the factors that we're relying on this, we may have a sustainability problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, Jokic had to make seven threes for them to even almost beat the Clippers, Like every time they're in a close game, it just feels like somebody has to go outside themselves, yeah, to make it close, And Jamal Murray hasn't even done it yet, so I think like they kind of have to count on Jamal Murray becoming two years ago Jamal Murray if he can do that, and it's still going to be Christian bron out or Brown whatever out there with him. Like, I just think the lineup I was saying at the beginning of the season, they just can't shoot, and jokers said at the beginning of the season too well last week that they're streaky and shooting is just gonna be iffy throughout the whole season.
Speaker 3: We don't got a lot of lasers out there. To quote Lebron from last season.
Speaker 1: To put it very lightly, but yeah, I mean, but yok, it still looks so good. I mean like, yeah, he looks it's just unbelievable. I'm like, well, you haven't slowed down. But yeah, again, what what are the pieces around him that keep this thing looking like a real competitive team?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were down two, Yeah, and Claxton got the ball and I was or he got the ball on clax and I was like, there's no way he's not scoring right now. And he did it within like two seconds. He's scoring on him so quick. It's just he's still on sophomore right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah he So he had this historic twenty eight eighteen sixteen, and Westbrook had twenty two off the bench and they eked out an OT win over the Nets. So this is this is something I've seen a couple of places where people are like and they barely beat the Nets or they lost to the Nets, And I'm just asking, are the Nets a title content? Now? Are the Nets better than what we think because they did beat Milwaukee, I guess? Or is Milwaukee just like not going to be good for a while for some reason?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can I answer yes to both. Yeah, I don't think Milwaukee's that good. Like, well, it's still Middleton hurt again, like right, it's so many ips with everybody. But this is the overreaction. So yeah, yeah, Milwaukee's a playing team. Let's just do that. I went over in.
Speaker 3: Milwaukee's a playing team, and the Nets probably better than playing right.
Speaker 1: Yeah we oh yeah yeah to come in at like the four seed, four seed?
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure. I think Ben Simmons also comes out he's not doing he's not doing back to backs.
Speaker 3: I don't talk about Ben Simmons, uh. Being the Lakers have been a joy to hold this season for people who enjoy the Lakers, who are enjoyers.
Speaker 1: Absolutely a d looking fantastic and healthy. Oh look, I I'm not gonna I'm not gonna shoot myself on the foot of this early. But yes, yes, absolutely, it's nailed on. And I don't think we should just I think just stop the count now. But yeah, I mean I think again, looking at this team, a lot of people like they're finally running. So it's like, well, we were. The difference is the team, the coach and coach and that's it. And as the part of me that was definitely on the fence about j Jam like this is a high pressure job to be coming in for your first gig, he seems to be handling it well and more and again, more than anything, I'm really enjoying the fact that the locker room looks like they're into it, because that is obviously the biggest piece I think, Jack, you were saying, if the players aren't playing well for the coach, they don't have a shot.
Speaker 3: Right, If you're not playing good basketball and like making the ball into the basket, it makes it a lot harder to win. And so that's what the coach is often there for, is to be like, hey, here's an idea for making the ball into the basket a little bit more to improve your And this is an inside term that not a lot of people don't shot making. But yeah, I mean the Laker, they just have a good bench. Like I feel like that's underrated sometimes, but like you know, when Doc won with the Celtics, like Tibbs was on his bench, you know, like and he had like he had an amazing staff with him. JJ has like Nate McMillan on his bench, Scott Brooks, Bob Buyer, just like a lot of really good respected basketball minds. And then you know, if that frees him up to just like kind of noodle and get creative offensively, and it's a creativity that like Lebron James believes in, then I think that's gonna be a good formula. Yeah, his hair is still too good, and I don't I think we need to do something about the Lebron Lebron.
Speaker 1: Uh speaking of which is he again? We do this every year. Lebron is mortal, Lebron is human.
Speaker 3: Is here you talking about Lefron James.
Speaker 1: I mean this He's had quite quite an interesting start to I mean, like three out of the four games looking fantastic. That fourth quarter against the Kings amazing.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite thing I've seen so far this season. I mean, I am a Lebron stan so Ill, but like that is his run in that fourth quarter was incredible. It did stand out from how he's been playing otherwise, but just both ends of the floor or hitting threes, just putting it in the time machine.
Speaker 1: But it's almost like he has to summon it, right He's like, okay, I can't. Like it's like he has to go super Saiyane at the right time because otherwise he's like, I gotta hold on to it. They need me, and then he can become Lebron James. But then again against the Phoenix Suns, it was not the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has some really bad games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but again then he just ran into future Rookie of the Year Ryan Dunn.
Speaker 1: And we'll talk about Ryan Dunn in a second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were gonna talk about Ryan denvercard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to talk about him too. This is yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I will say, like so when it's wild that at this late stage when he is playing his best, he's still I think the best player in the league. You know, we saw that in the Olympics.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: It's just the thing that I think we're going to see more and more is that, like the Knights, that you don't have it, Like it seems like that is the one superpower that none of these guys have, like, no matter how good they are, is they don't have the ability to be like, I don't have it tonight and I should like not try to have it because I think part of them being so good and so competitive is like a blind spot to like self doubt, you know, right, And so it just like you know, you see it a lot towards the end of people's career.
Speaker 1: That's where like the elite mentality is a double edged sore.
Speaker 4: Yet but he knows when he doesn't have it, he can just kind of coast and he's he knows that we know when he's coasting, but we know that he's going to pick it up the next day. Like Lebron didn't take as many kind of days off in an eighty two game season, because you can tell he really wants to play as many games as possible. Now, so if that means he's going to look trash on the court, sometimes I'll take that trick.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, and we'll see how he does, because later as we record this tonight, he will be playing the Cavs with the appearance from.
Speaker 3: On Halloween Night, his favorite holiday. Did you guys watch the Netflix series I haven't seen it. It opens with him watching Beetlejuice while getting dressed up as Beetlejuice for Halloween twenty twenty three. You know, so before Beatle just Beetle Juice, Uh, twenty twenty four, a d came out, Uh, and he was at which that movie is named after Anthony Davis. But he was like saying the lines along with the movie and like like kind of obscure lines too. Yeah, so I don't know he he does love him some Halloween. I've always thought he's an underrated dork, which I say fondly. I think that's kind of a cool thing about him. Yeah, so Halloween Night in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Technically tonight is it? Isn't it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Isn't it? Wednesday. Yeah, it's tonight, Yeah, tonight.
Speaker 3: Okay, Halloween Eve in Cleland. We'll see hellos e allollos EVV yes, yes, yes, all right. Should we take a break and come back and talk about those sons?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's Ryan Dunn, but yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, either one, I mean yeah, and we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 3: And the Suns also three and one, also in contention to win the championship this year based on that Yahoo Power rankings. But I get you know, people are playing the good players are playing well in the ways that we expect them to, and then you got a pleasant surprise in a young man by the name of Ryan Dunn. And Aaron I know you said you didn't have much on this and that we should just kind of move through it and on to a couple other stories. Stopped me if I'm wrong?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because did you think he was in Jackass before? Yeah, yes he was, But this is we're talking about that Phoenix?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, oh right right Ron, Okay, man, this really throws all the research I did out the window. I had a lot of questions, but yeah, my team, the seventy six ers, have drafted someone in the lottery for defense before one matist, thaible. He was a lot of fun. He did like weird, like he had a skill set that like I feel like I haven't seen before or since, but ultimately, like you couldn't really keep him on the floor because he his offensive game was pretty limited. How is the Ryan Dunn experiment working out through four games? Which is all we really need to see?
Speaker 1: And this is the overreaction pod.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm about to overreact. There we go.
Speaker 1: We love it.
Speaker 4: I mean, the entire draft process, people said he couldn't shoot, and all of a sudden, he can shoot. It's not just that he can shoot, he's willing to the second it touches his hands kind of putting that ball up now. And everybody just thought the second he got there, he's going to be timid and passed up shots, even though KD hates when players do that. So it seems like he learned immediately that if the ball touches our hands, put it up. But yeah, he's hit a three in like every game. I think he went three for three against the lect Kris from three. Like, the kid is just confident. He talks trash. He talked trash Lebron, He's just I we sent the whole like after we trade it for KD, everybody telling us that we didn't have any draft picks and that we were in the mud, and like all this for that, and then with the twenty eighth pick, we have the possible, not possible, gonna be Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 3: So I definitely declared the final.
Speaker 1: Did he steal McCall bridge's shooting ability? Is that what happened? Like he's like, oh, you want to see a two way player, Like, let me take yours. Now you figure that out. But like he was, he shooting almost forty four percent from three in these four games. But still that's I'm like, hmm. And watching him up close for two games when he blocked Lebron, I was like, oh wait, you wait, wait, this kid has got something. The wild stat is his, Like he's holding all star players to a twenty six point three field goal percentage when he's the primary defender.
Speaker 4: His first four NBA games were against Harden, Lebron twice, and Luca Right, so you want to you want to start off that way? I mean, he has Shay coming up, and I think it's gonna be a tough one and I just the dude is just a gamer, and it's kind of everybody's talking about can do come off the pitch sometimes, Like it's he's got people talking about closing games and hopefully he still keeps playing like this, but he's got people kind of willing to get rid of NRK and change lineups and like all that. I don't want to get rid of NRK anyway, But that's just a whole other thing.
Speaker 3: Being able to shoot threes experiment going.
Speaker 4: It's going terribly. I think he's like one for his like fourteen or something.
Speaker 3: Why don't you just say he should learn how to shoot threes and then he learns how to shoot threes in the offseason. That's that's what I would do.
Speaker 4: That's how it goes, Yeah, to learn how to do the thing that you never did in a season.
Speaker 3: Right Yeah, I mean, I'm looking super deserveable. Just sent over the favorites to win NBA Rookie of the Year the odds right now, Ryan Dunn is currently below Reed Shepherd, who let me just look at Reed Shepherd's games. So far, he has played fifteen minutes in his first game, twelve in a second, sixth in his third, and three in his fourth, so im Udoka is not necessarily feeling his case for Rookie of the Year necessarily. But I don't know. I'm putting big money on Ryan Dunn at which is the one draft Kings that's okay, right, plus sixteen.
Speaker 4: From Jackass. I'm going to say, I don't think they're that one anymore.
Speaker 1: Only morbid. They're only taking morbid. Uh yeah, it is please drive responsibility. So the thing, Yeah, I I'm really looking like I also look at this list, Dalton connect is also up there. Let's not forget Yeah.
Speaker 5: But no, yeah, I mean like, I think there's there's a lot going Oh, I do, because we are looking at Rookie of the Year sort of like odds here, uh, zacharyche Am, I saying that, right, Rizzicker, I think we richer from the The French guy.
Speaker 8: Had a lot of he you know, recently he had a very non American thing to say about his experience in the NBA, which I just like, he said, quote back in France, I was super athletic.
Speaker 1: Now I'm just there and I was like, you know what, I like the humility. I like the humility. I just want to just want to bring that up because a lot of people were like, what are you saying he's a regular dude. It's like, well, yeah, you're playing in the NBA. It's a little bit different.
Speaker 4: As opposed to Winby. He's like, you all are z peasants. When he got here, He's like, yeah.
Speaker 1: I will drop le ball into the hoop anyway, good stuff good.
Speaker 3: When I was in France, I was very tall, and now I the NBA and I'm still pretty tall, but like not quite as tall compared to everybody in the f.
Speaker 1: I am now just I marginally taller than some of players many mini meters. Yeah. So yeah, where do you think the Suns are at? I mean, I know this is the overreaction pod, but if you had to half normally react and you tampered the overreaction with your sort of you know, intellectual mind, where are we still? You're still high on them?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm still very high. I mean before I didn't know the Nuggets were going to be as bad. I would just say this sounds to be like a three or four seed, like I think. I mean, I still think the Sons are gonna be in the top three, and I just didn't know the Nuggets fall off would look like this, and it's an overreaction, but I just don't want how the Nuggets look and somebody has to drop out. I think that is going to be better. And I have no idea what to take from Minnesota at this point. They swept us, but that's a different team. It seems like without Cat. So yeah, I think it's going to take some time. But overreaction wise, I think are the top three all right?
Speaker 3: Other teams that it might be fun to overreact to. The Calves are undefeated, and we expect them to remain undefeated.
Speaker 1: Yes, yep, that's right.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's just Rightie don't know, but yeah, it feels like they took care of what they needed to take care of and like all the things, like they had different ingredients that were working well at various points last year, but like maybe not together. It feels like they have figured out how to blend some things and now they're playing They got everything going. Donovan Mitchell and Darius Garland are playing well off one another, and Jared Allen are each like kind of doing what you would think. It's like, it's like what they should be able to do given these four talented pieces. They're just like making it work together. They both are like right at seventeen and nine rebounds, which is like about what I would do if I shot that much, but still pretty good. Jared Allen shooting eighty percent through four games, still pretty early, but that would be pretty impressive if he was able to shoot eighty percent for the rest of the season meantime. Yeah, but they have the third best point differential behind the Warriors and the Thunder. The Warriors are the next one on my list. I did not see this coming. I don't see it proceeding forward.
Speaker 1: It's someone but who's crossed paths with Buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, so like Buddy healed is the truth and the answer all in one. He has come through and they are. You know, he's not the splash step brother. He's not the splash step brother. He's the step brother who splashed up. Is that anything? But yeah, I don't know. Like the shooting is pretty pretty incredible. It's just like they had a space that opened up with Clay not kind of really working out there and not fitting for what they wanted to do financially, and they're just like, all right, we'll take another shooter and drop him right in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Warriors. Like you know, like when a TV show you liked is like in its seventh season and like the cast is kind of different, but like two people are still there and it's like, yeah, this is actually still kind of goods.
Speaker 1: Like wait, what, like my two favorite characters are still there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that random character if they got out of prison somehow it seems chill now and it's just like, yeah, like everybody still kind of fits even though this isn't the original cast. I kind of like it still like the the main people are still doing their thing. Dre hasn't done anything too terrible yet, and Buddy's shooting the lights out just they look mine still.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just every three they're like you know, the Olympics, they just every like three four years, they're gonna be awesome and just come back and like other than that, they'll just kind of disappear and not exist. But yeah, I mean I just remember that, like that the year they won it three seasons ago, four seasons ago, twenty one, where it was just like, you know, the year before I think they went out in the playing game maybe, like it was just you know, it was like, well, it's over for them. They had a nice run and then they won it, and then they went away and now they're like they look really good again. I feel like this time it's going to be less than sustainable, less than how you say sustainable. But that's just based on my buddy healed experience. Then again, players have been wont to not do well with the Philadelphia seventy six ers and go light it up elsewhere.
Speaker 1: So you know, Duwayne Wade in the news, you know, he was saying that Katie deserves a statue. I'm just as Rotutsans were talking about the Warriors and Katie said, quote, I highly doubt I get a statue of me put anywhere for playing basketball. It's usually those guys that got the Hall of Fame career with championships you've been with one city for a long time. That's not the case for me.
Speaker 3: Dang man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A part of me was like, oh kd like, you're very good. I get the narrow part of like, you know, did you cut your teeth in one place and bring all this glory and people look at you like that of being statue worthy. But in my heart, Durantula, you are statue worthy.
Speaker 4: I saw that, and it was like one of my son's friends and he like tweeted. He was like, Katie, if you win a ring with the Suns, I will guild you a statue with it.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, and it would look better than Wade statue.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that woof man thing is a statue.
Speaker 3: That's what you see when you look in the miror Dwayne, because you're so much beautiful.
Speaker 1: The memes alone from that statue on.
Speaker 4: Vaging, I've left it every single one I can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they get better and better. The zord On one from Mighty morphrom Power Rangers was fantastic. I'm surprised that it really, to me looks like Morpheus from the Matrix when he's getting that interrogation thing.
Speaker 3: Have you put that on Twitter yet?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: I don't go on Twitter.
Speaker 4: The main zombie from Iron Legend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. What do we think best statue of all time for an athlete? Is it Jordan?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's probably Jordan. We had in the group chat with Harper and Carmel and all of them. We were sending our favorite statues, like going down to see like which one's had terrible faces? And I forgot about the tiny Allen iverson one at the Sixers practice facility.
Speaker 1: What I got to see this?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he looks like a child. You know why ball so big?
Speaker 1: I just love seeing AI stand next to it, and it just really just feels like kind of flippant because it's so small.
Speaker 3: You're like, really, that is unbelievable. That's like an action figure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The proportions also seem ball.
Speaker 3: And the ball. Yeah, it looks like they made a statue of a child who dressed up as Alan Iverson for Halloween.
Speaker 1: Right, like like that one. Like I remember when Birdman was in Denver, and like they had all those kids dressed up as Birdman and like and here's the commemorative children's bird little kid.
Speaker 4: In the Sixers jersey with the corner rolls and he has like the pencil dow yeah, mustache, yeah, rag on too, head yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah. That's I mean, that's that's pretty I'm just trying to think of ones. I feel like most of the time you see a statue like oh yeah, I get what they're going for, and then the line sort of comes and you're like it's it's really only I guess there's statues that are fine, and then ones you're like, that doesn't look like them at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the Dirk one. We were saying, like the Dirk one focuses on the the shot like you can't really see his face because it's about the fade away. You can tell immediately that's dirt, but you can't see its face. It never got made fun of. It just looks like they're shooting a fade away. But that's what they should probably focus on. Like the signature moves like nobody cares about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the face doesn't look like him at all. It looks like like which eighties like brat pack person does it look like? It really just looks like some dude. But yeah, they did get the shot right, and I respect that the fading away. One day that's going to tip over and harm somebody, but until then, good statue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got the face of one of those three first name acts from the eighties, Jerk Patrick Michael.
Speaker 4: Looks fine. I mean it's not Staples anymore, whatever it's called.
Speaker 3: Twitter, it's still Staples. Yeah, exactly, all right, should take one more break and come back and uh make them do it. Put him.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to put you.
Speaker 1: In the hot seat, Aaron, right after this and we're back.
Speaker 3: And Aaron, if you just open your front door, there will be somebody with a lie detector test. They're ready to hook.
Speaker 1: You up, just to make sure you aren't being evasive when we ask you these very pointed questions. Now, Aaron, this is the fourth quarter wrap. If I round a questions, this is the fastest question answer segment off sports podcasting history, especially a show that's produced by iHeart in conjunction with the NBA about basketball. But it's still remains with the word business question title with the word boo season. Sorry I had to.
Speaker 3: Sorry, legal just ask us at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but please don't mess with our status as the fastest question answer segment. So when we ask you the question, you just please be quick. Man. I don't know how many times we asked the guests to do this and they start giving thorough answers. Come on, now, come on, now, let's do this. Just just just pass it right back, like I don't I talk in regular life. This is like good for me.
Speaker 4: Right here, this is my.
Speaker 1: Face, great great great great great great great.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Then I guess we'll need to start the clock. Ryan Okay, Jack, should I go first?
Speaker 3: Do you want to go first? It's up to you, Miles, Miles, It's up to you.
Speaker 1: Okay. Here's my first question. And this comes from the internet, and I thought it is a fantastic question to pose. Are the Boston Celtics the baldest team in the last twenty years? No?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: And they held her team?
Speaker 3: Now the Miami which one?
Speaker 4: Which year the one that had ray Allen Lebron?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know what you're talking about. Lebron has a full head of hair. Oh yeah, Now the black.
Speaker 4: Trucks are outside of my house.
Speaker 9: Look at you guys, yeah, like or maybe that's spurs. Well, Manu, there was some some bald guys on Manu.
Speaker 3: I always respected that. Manu was just balding across the entirety of his brother. He just had a bald spot straight up like from early twenties and was like, that is the easiest thing to cover up though, like you just have to like spray spray that down. But he was never, you know, he was just always he's like, what do I care? I I can ball incredibly, you know.
Speaker 1: Something even seen that bald though, Yeah, I guess I'm really just thinking about Derek White.
Speaker 4: And yeah, and I'm glad he finally gave in the forces of nature because he a little longer than.
Speaker 3: His whole holding on. Yeah, that's uh.
Speaker 1: And Walsh, that's what I'm thinking of on the Celtics.
Speaker 3: But okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And then well hole for Horford too. Let's not forget my you know, elderly brethren. Al Horford too.
Speaker 3: He's bald, like balding bald or he's just like she's like bald, the way Chris Paul is bald. I think Chris Paul I feel like, has a strong hairline.
Speaker 4: No, you know, he's a really good barber that's making something.
Speaker 3: Making things work.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's got like the right below Doc Rivers.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, right right right right right where it's like, okay, there, there's a there's a line there. I see that.
Speaker 3: I see that I've been a fool and I've been blind Florence and the Machines reference for yes, uh, which makes me cool. All right. Hey, speaking of musicians, Aaron, we're playing pick up hoops with musicians, uh, and it's all the musicians at the peak of their We just got the first pick and took my favorite rapper, Prime Allen Iverson. Unfortunately, we immediately instituted a rule that says, nobody else is allowed to draft anyone who has ever played professional basketball. Who are you taking next?
Speaker 4: Prince?
Speaker 3: Prince kay the right answer? Another another person got the right answer.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: Actors. We we just insituted the rule after actually take the actor. Yeah, yeah, actor.
Speaker 4: Mark Paul Gosler, because I've actually hooped with him before and he's actually very good.
Speaker 3: Zach, I'm sorry, Zach Morris. Morris, Now, are we certain he wasn't calling timeouts to because that's the only way that I feel like time to go buy you like? This guy's first step is incredible.
Speaker 4: It's eleven wins?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Where are my hands round my ankles? He pants me as he blew bye.
Speaker 3: Me, keep getting tied together. That's wild. So he's legit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: At La Park, I used to go with CJ. Todano and he's there sometimes on Saturdays. They have really good runs like four courts and a lot of people play, and he's there every once in a while.
Speaker 3: Man based on like TV. I was gonna say TV movies, but I've never seen him in a movie, but like, based on TV, I would expect him to be six foot one, which usually means that they're like that person is five eight what is he actually? You know, Tail the tape is six foot okay, yeah, oh I'm just bawling. I like a child star who can ball. He's just like, yeah, this is what I did with my time.
Speaker 4: I think he's also like half Filipino and that kind of explains the basketball.
Speaker 1: I think his mom is like Indonesia or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, so he was always gonna somewhat either sing very well or.
Speaker 1: Who yeah yeah, oh yeah, just belting out like Celine Dion covers like that one viral video of the Filipino karaoke club. The person just crushing my heart will go on and you're like tears streaming down my face. But enough reminiscing about that, Aaron. The next question is this. You are on a life raft and you are floating in the sea. You see two figures off on the horizon struggling in the water. They want you to help them bring them aboard your life raft. The problem is your life raft can only sustain the weight of one more person.
Speaker 3: The people in tic rosen Jack situation.
Speaker 1: Titanic rosen Jack situation. Except you can't. Yeah, I mean except she lied, was like, I think only I can fit on this door. But here's the thing. You can bring them first.
Speaker 3: It's been fun, but we were never going to work out. Was what was going through her head when she pushed him off.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 1: So you look around and you say, who's that in the water? Who are these people? And you get closer and as you as you get closer, you see that those two people in the water are Kevin Johnson and Ryan Dunn. Who do you into the raft with you?
Speaker 4: I kind of want to give you guys an opportunity to ask an easier one, but it's Ryan. Come on, Kevin Johnson, you did read to my second grade class.
Speaker 1: And that was cool, second great class. You never help, that's what you're gonna say. I read through your second grade class.
Speaker 3: Man, it was a long time ago, Kevin.
Speaker 4: But you didn't have my card. You said that that wasn't allowed and you didn't sign like Kevin Johnson card and that just.
Speaker 3: Was your classroom and then said that's not allowed. Yeah, he said that.
Speaker 4: They said that I didn't have to sign anything.
Speaker 1: I was here.
Speaker 3: You don't have to have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, they didn't have to.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, I don't have to do that. That's why Jordan's and I was like, yeah, all right, you can sit poor side in any arena of your choosing. Which arena? What matchup are you watching?
Speaker 4: It would be suns verse. I've seen too many Lakers camps. It's current ball?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean, let's go creative. You have access to a time machine. Why not.
Speaker 1: It's spook season. You got the DeLorean from Back to the Future. Now what's up?
Speaker 3: And you have terrible priorities and this is what you use it for.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go see a regular season game from nineteen.
Speaker 4: Ninety Jordan's fifty five point game against the Knicks Masters Reguard.
Speaker 3: When he first came back from his baseball Yeah. I think that's the rad choice. I think that's the red choice.
Speaker 1: And the final question, the final question. Here we go, Aaron, who are the five? Wait? How was I gonna say this? How do I keep this segment going fast? Oh? Here's the question, and you can keep this in because we like to be transparent that this isn't always the fastest question. As second, how about this, who are your two faces of the NBA for the next five years, and give us something a little bit of a deeper cut from your heart. And don't say Ryan done. We already know you're gonna say that, So say two more obscurero ones.
Speaker 4: Anthony Edwards because he has a really cool name and the last name is a cooler and his first name is my brother's names Anthony Edwards. My brother has a different last name.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 4: That would have been very weird and in Wimby. Right, Yeah, it's Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you say, I can't say, I can't say, give me something weirder, man, it's spooky spooky.
Speaker 3: Man a right, what if it was like Freddy or something? I don't know, just like.
Speaker 4: Kate Cunningham, and.
Speaker 3: Kate Cunningham has had some moments. I've been watching Grady Dick. Yeah, okay, has Grady Dick looked good this year? Actually it hasn't. Got it just hasn't risen to uh my level of observation. What is is Grady Dick having a good season or you just think that because he because of the swag and the last name. He's got.
Speaker 4: Swag in the last name and he just has to be Bizarrow Tyler hero and he'll be fine.
Speaker 3: I guess, oh man, well you got it right. Those are the right and I don't know how you did that.
Speaker 1: You must have this DeLorean because you found out we have all the answers written down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got all. I went to the next game saw from Jordan and I got the answers to the questions on the way back.
Speaker 3: Did you give him the scrolls? Miles?
Speaker 1: Give him the scrolls? You? But that would never. I would never. Aaron Edwards, thank you so much for joining us, joining us on this edition of Miles with Jacko mat Booti's where do the people find you? Follow you, support you all that good stuff you found.
Speaker 4: Me on ID and Twitter saying super basketball stuff. It's gonna be Aaron d A y R O n E D And it's the same on both. And I have the Uncle Show with my boy and war. We're performing at Valley Guard and Phoenix. Uh. We do it every other month. And yeah, we interviewed some politicians last week and our Uncle attire and got you block vote. That's really fun. And yeah, we're trying to figure out what the next episode is gonna be about. To get time to come there awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, you can first of all follow the hashtag mad Boosties b W S T i e S for show links and updates, and that's how you join the combo on our Discord SERVERCE, So please search the hashtag mad Boosties. You can follow us on Twitter.
Speaker 3: I'm at Miles of Gray, him at Jack Underscore O'Brien.
Speaker 1: And this has been another flawless episode of He and Jack Got Mad boooo, unless this comes out after Halloween, in which case has been another fantastic edition of Miles and Jack. I'm mad Boosties. Thank you so much for listening to us, and we will be back next week.
Speaker 3: Okay, bye bye swish