Speaker 1: Hey there, Fana Rito's welcome back to how Rude Tanner Ritos and part two of our interview with Molly Morgan. Getting to chat with Molly about growing up in a circus family has already made this one of the coolest interviews on the pod so far, and not to mention her iconic role as Mickey on Full House. Seriously, what can't this woman do?
Speaker 2: So please welcome back to the pod, Mollie. Do you remember your audition for Full House?
Speaker 3: I do kind of. I remember, like, I remember that we were late, and I remember we were not prepared, and I remember, like, I don't remember that. I remember being out outside with my dad, and my dad teaching me the carney whistle, which is this guy.
Speaker 2: Is the oh right I wish right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah sometimes yeah.
Speaker 4: I can can't whistle without I'm I'm a terrible.
Speaker 3: Whistler, so so I just I remember my dad teaching me the carney whistle. And then I remember being in the audition room and I remember Joanne saying like, oh, you would ask for more time, so I thought you were going to be terrible.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, right, okay.
Speaker 3: And she's like you're great, You're coming back at three or whatever the time that was. And uh, and then I just remember like being in you know, in the second audition, and then I was on set like that's it.
Speaker 4: Just all yeah, it's true. I mean for Guest Star Rules, you're like auditioning the week before you're shooting for a sitcom, you know, sometimes even the like the Monday of and you're going to be you know shooting on a Thursday or something. Totally yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know, and I remember, like, I don't know, I did a lot of them sort of at that time period. I worked like like quite a bit for you know, for somebody who does the kind of thing that I didn't.
Speaker 4: The yeah, the bad Girl you were you were on a ton of shows and I was like, oh, there she is.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, so so yeah, like I I just remember like like those beats of it and then uh, and then I remember not being able to like like like hit the Carney whistle for the table read.
Speaker 4: You know who I know who does an incredible carney whistle. Barbara Cameron. Really Barbara Cameron Canvas's mom, Okay can whistle for you? Let me. We've been out places before where she has whistled. Yeah, she she and she kills it.
Speaker 3: I can do it the double much easier.
Speaker 4: Oh like yeah, Now, I just know I'm just gonna yell really loud and wave my arm if I need you.
Speaker 3: So anytime that I need to whistle for my kid, let me tell you, because it's a humiliating experience for him. That's when I especially nail it.
Speaker 4: Well, that's where the occasion, right. Look, I me and Andrea and my younger daughter b who's fifteen, were at Dancing with the Stars the other night, and I embarrassed her. I was like the only one dancing up at one point, and.
Speaker 2: She was just like, oh my god, it was glorious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 4: I mean that's what I tell him. I go, Look, I've put up with you guys so far. I get to be embarrassing now. I finally don't care what people think. Let me embarrass myself, you know. Yeah, it's been too long. We're like worrying about what people think. Let me dance in the damn grocery store if I want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm there with you.
Speaker 4: So how old is your How old is your son?
Speaker 3: He's ten?
Speaker 4: Ten? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and has he seen your episode of Full house is that is seen to other things, and we were.
Speaker 3: Watching we were watching it this morning. My husband was like, oh, we should have waited for ten to watch it.
Speaker 2: You know, I'll never like kids are never that interested.
Speaker 4: They're like, no, it's so cool whatever, They're not true.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was right around his age that I started to be interested in like watching.
Speaker 4: Other kids on stoves.
Speaker 3: But like until now, it's just you know, cartoons or manga, you know, or video games right right, you know, it's like, oh gosh, it's live action or right anything from like you know, like the nineties. It's like, oh.
Speaker 4: Gosh, oh yo, oh, what is wrong with the quality of this television?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Like you guys are standing in like a.
Speaker 4: Like a haze, like it's so yeah, oh totally. You're like, yeah, but you didn't see every wrinkle on your face like you do work. That's oh my gosh, yeah I can look at my pores and yeah, yikes.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the cigarettes, like I we asked Marla. When Marla Sokoloff was on the show, we gotverybody asks about the cigarettes. Of course, cigarette like did you did you remember.
Speaker 3: Clothes they were they were? I remember them being like uh, those those weird like like stage cigarettes that are made of like marshmallow and rose hips.
Speaker 4: I think they had those, and they had some clove ones or when it like the smoke needed to like actually sort of like be a thing, because I remember me and Marlo stealing him. Yeah, at least one yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Wait during that episode or or like other shows after No.
Speaker 4: I don't know what whatever. I think that was the only one that she smoked on. So I think was that that show? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Funny, Yeah, I mean, I mean, listen, I was fifteen by the time that I was smoking clothes and.
Speaker 4: Of course, right right, well, and if you're you know, a teenage serious actor, you you have to be. It's a requirement.
Speaker 3: It's like nothing burns your lungs, like my gosh. So, I mean I don't know how much I was smoking at the time, but like, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't need to be taught how to know, right, right, I know how to ask.
Speaker 3: I just remember my dad laughing at all of us. He was like, oh, so the camera moved away, and everybody's like, right, but.
Speaker 4: You know it's just for research, yeah, right exactly, I'm preparing, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: I did a I did an episode of Two and a half met Sorry, my cat just moved my camera.
Speaker 4: Oh that's okay, mine, I realized, I keep moving mine up with my knee.
Speaker 3: So I did an episode of two and a half Men where like like once again, like they put a cigarette in my hands and and at that point it had been years since I've smoked, and they were like, here, what do you want? And I was like, I don't know. And it was like it was those like rose hip and marshmallow and then oh smelly and uh and so I had this and and then a couple of years later, I got a message from some guy who found me on Facebook and he was like, I would pay you money to you smoke a cigarette. I was like, I'm sorry, those days are over.
Speaker 4: Oh I don't smoke anymore. Yeah, it's anything, I mean, yeah, you could watch me, uh a full of fitted sheet. I don't know, is it?
Speaker 3: You know, I'll tell you some spinach, sir, exactly.
Speaker 4: Everybody has a thing, you know, the internet, rascal. Yeah, so you're and you're still acting to this day. Yes, what are you? What is like the stuff that you're working on? Now? What is what is like in career wise, what's exciting for you?
Speaker 3: I mean, so, I you know, I have my agent and and they get me auditions every once in a while. I really have been very laxa daisical about my career always. So you know, I oweer some new headshots because mine are pretty old, and just use it and it's great. I mean, I've always loved yeah, exactly, I've always loved auditioning. It's you know, it's like you know.
Speaker 4: I personal auditioning is fun, right, and I mean.
Speaker 3: In personal auditioning is fine. But I mean I love setting up like you know, the zoom and I don't know, I don't have to brave the four oh five anymore. So that's exciting game changer, right, Yeah. And but but for the most part, like like my loves are my family and I do are comadian de l'arte. It's an Italian style there, and then I do. I've done some independence with some friends lately. Bobby Love, who's my father's neighbor, like just shot a movie that's on Amazon. It's called a Moment for Love. And let me tell you, Bobby Love would murder me if I didn't say that, So.
Speaker 4: Go watch that, Okay, Okay, there we go.
Speaker 3: It's so cute. It's it's like it's like winning all these awards in like the LGB TQ oh amazing balls and and he's like he's not an actor, but somebody approached him and they're like, we think that we should do a documentary and he's like, no, it will be stripted. Oh there does my cats It scripted and there will be a fantasy. And it's like this funny, interesting hodgepodge that is like it's going to be a cult classic.
Speaker 4: It is. Oh I love it.
Speaker 2: I got to check that out for love.
Speaker 3: Like it's just on the edge, you know where like like I've I've showed it to my kid and he's like, this film is amazing and like just as you think it's about to like like what are we watching here, it like you know, turns the corner and it's great.
Speaker 4: I love it, very cute Okay.
Speaker 3: And then you know, I'm dancing a lot. I'm doing a lot of belly dancing.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 3: Finally I'm I'm performing solo and I'm exciting. That's fun and they're bracking. I mean, I could you know, stand up in front of people and say anything to just sort of like, you know, dance and tell a story and you zick is is cool and it's new.
Speaker 1: You know, do you choreograph your own stuff or do you get outside input? I tell us a little bit about the dancing that works all of the above.
Speaker 3: I I'm going to be working with Zoe Jake's doing House of Truro in New Orleans and December, and that's fun. And that's all her choreography, so you know, she it's a group of like you know, her students together and then they take a week. We take a week and we you know, learn transitions. We'll have learned the choreography ahead of perform that when I dance on stage. You know, the fun thing about dancing on your own is that nobody can tell when you've screwed up.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, like me, that's all.
Speaker 3: Oh I missed that one, so right, you know, move on and uh And so I do, though, I you know, I'm like like I've taken my like trained acting and I've like applied it to this thing where I like get up and I rehearse you know, every day for like several weeks before I perform, and I have like a basic outline of where I'm going with it, and then I have like spots run like and here I'm gonna, you know, do something that's isolations, or here I'm gonna like, you know, mostly move with my arms, mostly move right. So it's it's both, it's you know, scripted and improved.
Speaker 4: Oh how long how long ago did you start doing dance or like belly dance specifically, I.
Speaker 3: Think sixteen sixteen, so yeah, yeah, And when I was a teenager, I took from my my guru Mesmura, who was this woman who I used to watch dance at Darmacgreb when I was a little girl, and I took lessons from her.
Speaker 4: She still teaches and like what I'm like, I know that name and it's I have. Yeah, she's been somewhere where she I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's amazed. She's like she still she still performs, and she's still and she's about to celebrate her fiftieth like dance anniversary.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, come out.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and so all these like wonderful dance moms that I've had over the years, but took with her when I was young and then really started training like fifteen years ago, sixteen years ago.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it. I love it all the.
Speaker 4: Like, what's like the coolest place that you have gotten to perform?
Speaker 3: I mean nothing beats Carnival a and that.
Speaker 4: That's true, that is that is kind of peak like.
Speaker 3: Right, But I dance with a troop of the Renaissance fair as well. They're a seraphim Arabesque ensemble, and and that's like super fun. It's you know, in the middle of my workday, so I'm out running booths and being our true Carney and I get to like, you know, hit the stage and dance with them, and then I change into my Italian clothes and I go and do the shows with my dad and my sister, and it's it's a it's a blast.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, that sounds like a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, life is life is grand.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think there's ever a dull moment.
Speaker 2: There's no accountants in the Morgan family anywhere.
Speaker 3: You know, my husband is nearly an accountant. I was like, yeah, I was smart enough to marry a businessman.
Speaker 4: There you get, yeah, there, you got to balance it out somehow. We have the artsy neurodivergence over here, and then we're like we need someone that thinks linearly to actually make us.
Speaker 3: Do things heard the cats otherwise. Yeah, and he's a professional fiduciary so he works in trust administration. Okay, he's a professional adult.
Speaker 4: He wears like a tie and oh.
Speaker 3: So sexy love it like all these circus people. And I'm like, my husband wears a.
Speaker 4: Suit, right and it's not made of spending.
Speaker 3: Ah. So he's he's a very good Morgan wrangler, amazing, you know, gets us to show up on time. And we've finally like gotten him to do our comedia with us. We lost an actor to like real life and uh and finally got my husband to do it with us.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's cool.
Speaker 1: So that's who does he play?
Speaker 3: He plays the Capitano. Okay, yeah, it's have do you know comedia?
Speaker 4: I know a little bit. I just remember like every uh theater history class that I ever took or art history whatever that is always like disgusted there. But there's like definitely like sort of those stereotypical characters and yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: The archetypal like the Capitano is like and and Billigan's Island like is always yeah, you know the show that they you know, trot out and say like this was a classic comedian and it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so my husband plays you know, the like the captano who's trying to steal Isabella, and I play Isabella, and I played the dumbest Isabella you've ever seen, you know, like but yeah, really fun. Hopefully he continues to be in a accountant because we need him to stay you know.
Speaker 4: Right, somebody needs to manage the finances. Yeah, someone needs to pay the rent while everyone else is out doing the circus. I get it. That's yeah, it's very important for us artistic people.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, oh.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for coming on the show today, Molly. This was so fun to get to catch up and talk with you. Like, I just really really enjoyed seeing you again, and I like, I love all of your creativity. I always have really admired that about you, Like I do remember distinctly when you were fifteen, Like I just remember thinking like, wow, she like she like knows herself, you know, and maybe you did, maybe you did it, but like you just you were very individual and I always really appreciated that. So oh yeah and super talented.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you. Oh I love it. I'm coming back, yeah right, yeah, I'll be here next week.
Speaker 4: It's exactly. But well, when we do our our episode where we're doing a a old Silks, I'll let you know and where Yeah, Andreya doesn't know we're doing it, but it's gonna be really fun. Yeah. Yeah, surprise, No, thank you so much for joining us, Molly, good to see you, Moll, bye bye. Oh that was so much My gosh.
Speaker 1: Her smile is infectious. Yeah, just lights up the whole screen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's funny because when she was most of the characters that she played she did not smile.
Speaker 2: No, no smiling, but no.
Speaker 4: Smiling, a lot of you know, yeah, a lot of just dead pan looks.
Speaker 1: Her voice like I haven't seen her episodes since probably nine in the nineties, but her voice like just stood out.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, yeah, that's making Like, yeah, she has a very distinct voice and also a very theater diction like performer, you know what I mean. Like you know that everyone in the family probably speaks with diction.
Speaker 1: You know, they're always performing, so the back can.
Speaker 4: Hear before we run back exactly, And uh, I do remember that though about her dad and I was just joining the family, but like they really are always performing. It's always a show. There's something. Yeah, someone's doing a magic trick folding themselves in a box. It's something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That was a great fun blast from the past. Yeah, that was awesome to catch up with her. Maybe now I'm like, wait, was it just rose hips and marshmallow? I was smoking. I was like, now I remember the clothes. It was clothes, Okay, I don't I were like, try these and then they were like, we can't give those kids, and uh and then brought out the marshmallow for although I don't know, maybe we're just maybe they were real. I don't know. It was the eighties or early nineties.
Speaker 2: Marla said they were clothes.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marla is Marla is the expert on cigarette.
Speaker 4: Smoking, on the on the right, on the underage smoking, so she gets to decide to do kids we're not yes, no, no, yeah, no, don't beg I mean bega because she's like kind of awesome and like don't yeah, yeah, don't smoke. That wraps up our interview with Molly Morgan, and that has been so much fun. I really enjoyed it. I did too. She's so uh, well, Fana, Rito's we love it, appreciate you too. If you want to find us out there on Instagram, you can find us at how Rude podcast, or you can send us an email at how Rude tanneritos at gmail dot com. Way in Clothes Marshmallows, who knows? Actually one of those things sound like you could put them in like some sort of Thanksgiving dish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how I bride my turkey. Yeah, all of the cigarettes from its Yeah, ex.
Speaker 4: Just sort of crush them up. Yeah, that's that's the video we'll be doing this year. Yes, it's just crushing up clothes cigarettes into a giant bucket and dropping a turkey into it. If you haven't seen that, everyone that is on Andrea's YouTube and uh we we man handle a naked there's a live birth, Like, there's a lot that happens. I pulled some things out that I didn't even know we're in there. Yeah. Anyway, back to the point, is there a point? Do we ever have a point? I don't think so. We love you fan Rito's find us on the interwebs, send us an email, check out our merch store, howredmerch dot com and uh and that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you got it.
Speaker 4: All all right, So remember everybody, The world is small. The house is full of carnies everywhere. They're all whistling. Yeah, circus performers, someone's I pulled out a drawer. There's somebody in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fascinatings.
Speaker 2: Never a dull moment isn't for you.
Speaker 4: Next time,