Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: All right, kids, do you like violets?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Let to steak nine inch neil to each one.
Speaker 2: Of your eyelids. No, okay, instead of eating spaghetti sandwiches. I was listening to that. That's that's what's going on at the time.
Speaker 3: Old Anita.
Speaker 2: First of all, Baby Carbs, by the way, baby k pasta, baby.
Speaker 3: Came in here. You know what I'm saying, hamm and Anita got the thmb slick cat suit on her.
Speaker 2: Am.
Speaker 4: Yeah, caught up in the rapture. I love, I just want to slow y'all.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, yo, we are back sponsored by Boost Mobile unlimited talk texting data.
Speaker 2: The way, she just turns into a whole new human being from the instro she came in here. I've had no alcohol or dick. I can't take this anymore now. So she's in the rapture. She's in the love rapture.
Speaker 3: Caught up in the rapture, love baby. I know that's right, figuratively, biguritive. Come on always, you know you never mean literally.
Speaker 2: What's been dry?
Speaker 4: It's been a very dry, very dry January.
Speaker 3: I'll dry it.
Speaker 4: Crispy Demarus is still dry, dry ish.
Speaker 2: The marriage panties for like a used dryer sheet, you know, and that ship crumbled up, or the one that was left in there for a few loads.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm that guy. I lead him in there for like three drives.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. That's hilarious. He Bro just commented on our i G post said so so Drake told maul Yo Cole won't speak to me anymore. That's kind of funny when you word it that way, Hebro, shut up? What that that's my new ship. You'll shut up now. Shout out to bro.
Speaker 3: Shout No, that's actually very shout out to shout out the pete.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, we are back sponsored by Boost merch are still on sale. Everything is everything.
Speaker 3: Patreon dot com, Forward slash new Rory mal Yes for all things Patreon.
Speaker 2: Absolutely catch us over there getting an osh off, getting oush off.
Speaker 3: Netflix is already trying to send her mall clearly. Yeah, man, as you can see, send me a very very long form email. Yeah, last night, to whom to him make concern, to whom it makes its hurd who your my feears to click. That's what the email said.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean they sent us Sonos headphones right before that. They did.
Speaker 3: They send us some some very good headphones. Thank you Netflix for that. A nice welcome to the Netflix family.
Speaker 2: That's what's up.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. We over here shaking ship. Then you ain't get your pair of Baby d know, Netflix, you gotta send another pick, you gotta. I actually sent two more, sent a pair for peets, sent a pair for baby D.
Speaker 2: Man. We need some two more. So yeah, I mean we've never really gotten welcoming guests, so that was actually kind of appreciate it. That was dope. Shout out to Netflix.
Speaker 4: The Volume sends you fifty pounds of popcorn every year after that.
Speaker 3: One thing to Vibue gonna do is make sure niggas got that popcorn, ain't they? But now we got popcorn to watch Netflix. See how they goes. See the Volume knew what they was doing. They know what they was doing. They was making sure we had enough popcorn and Netflix and chill.
Speaker 2: That's all. And every single time we do a partnership with the sponsorship, I can't even speak. They send us like a snapback hat that no one's ever gonna wear. Yeah, like that material could go to homeless people.
Speaker 3: Ship those wherever they ship when the loser team in the finals lose, ship those to the same country.
Speaker 2: Like boost, I love you, I promise you. I'm not wearing a boost fitted ever. And it's and I don't even think that's y'all like like model or your plan. It's to get everyone whoever that boost. We love y'all, But listen, it's not a paper plane.
Speaker 3: That what the budget is for the hat y'all could cut that, you that to charity, save that save the hat money man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whoever they send all the losers of the Super Bowl merch too. You know they make it all in real time. Yeah, just find out where they send that stuff and send all the hats there because they needed way more than us. But how are you feeling? You have the Internet in a frenzy once again? Do I? Yeah? Said Peach said you shocked the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't listen. I don't pay Peache anymore. When I walk in Peache is.
Speaker 2: Just it was pretty much like do you believe in miracles? It was it was a USA hockey game. The whole world stopped what they were doing.
Speaker 4: But if you have any comments or any questions about any of our episodes, I know we don't have a comment section with Netflix. We lost the way YouTube, but you can go to our Twitter community.
Speaker 2: You also leave a voicemail also our discord and yeah, leave some voicemails for us. Even hate, don't don't leave non't hate no, because I mean, if you don't have the YouTube section to get your anger out on us anymore, I don't want to disrupt your daily routine. Just send voicemail instead. Get that hate out your heart, put that put that hate in your art. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Could never he don't want it?
Speaker 2: I so uh. I thought I was like, actually gonna get lined in the barber shop today, speaking of Onandras. My barber, who's also Jake Cole's barber, was like awkwardly nice to me today. Well, this isn't always that nice to me, he said. I was losing weight. I was a little nervous having that barber right there with a straight razor this like this close to my jugular. Sometimes I was going to like hit you, like, yo, this is my appointment this week with my barber. Can you come with mm?
Speaker 3: Like you be feeling good that he uses the same clips on cold that he uses on you.
Speaker 2: No, I know you tell him not to wash them between.
Speaker 3: Like when you see a dread on the floor, you've been thinking that's cold.
Speaker 2: No, I would say, hey, he's probably sweep sweep up before I sit down.
Speaker 3: Please, Yo, Rory saying coldready, like let me take that, let me take that, got put that in That didn't even cold dread. He got some nigga from Brooklyn dredd in his bag. Yo, that's not cold dread though. Ship went, Oh my god, the studio with a fist ration, Yo. Remember like a rabbits. He put colds dread on his key chain.
Speaker 2: You know your grandmother used to like tape hair or like ship into a photo album.
Speaker 3: You remember at school when you have to make clouds out of cotton, you have to like make different clouds.
Speaker 2: He put that on a baby like dreads. Yeah, on his fridge. I'm not even like that because I there's nothing I can say. It's funny. That was crazy man. Uh No, but it has uh it's caused to cause some some issues and in my barbershop life for not really what will cause issues? Man, We just we're showing we love j Cole here. But every time I love every time I walk in, like you just miss him. You want to call him back? No, I'm cool, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Mean call him back.
Speaker 2: Man's just a conversation. But nah, I don't know if the internet was going to internet, I kind of knew that was gonna go viral. Yeah, y'all was trying to clown me yesterday of like, ya ya should probaly clip that because it's gonna get cipp at five o'clock in the morning. De Maris wanted to take the whole shit out that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no. See he telling the clip out right after we recorded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I knew it would get clipped by a thousand people at five am.
Speaker 4: Would you know we were snow we were still the first people to clip it.
Speaker 2: No clip it, Yeah, like in our computer to post it. Okay, computer doesn't mean that the rest of the world is. I don't you got to post it on the internet.
Speaker 3: I don't you know, I don't pay attention to shit like that. I mean, I just but it's okay. I think the message got out there, and you know, we had a good conversation and through it all we still love cold. We just you know, disappointed, oh God, and wear a little heart broken. That's all it is.
Speaker 2: You wan bullshit in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Let's y'all know, I fuck with Cold. Y'all know that the Internet made painted like I don't, but y'all in here, y'all know with Cole, So that's all that matters.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna go to the tour? Whose tour? I'm sure there there'll be a fall off tour?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, you know what's funny, and that's got to be the the jersey swap like tour, like the way Lebron's gonna do his last Turah and every after every regular season game is going to be a moment like it's going to be the fall off tour. You've got to go. You have to swap hoodies with with Cole. I've never been to J Cole, so I don't think really sing out. I've seen him.
Speaker 3: I've seen him at I've seen him perform at what's the spot in Brooklyn that y'all did plus at one time, the outdoor spot.
Speaker 2: Oh, but we all went, we all went together.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 3: I've seen him there and I think I saw him that was their party. Yeah, I think he came out as somebody's show before. But I've never been to like a J. Cole show in an arena.
Speaker 2: I mean, you didn't, you didn't believe me. But the loudest I've ever heard the garden in my entire life was that a J cooshow Knicks playoffs, any artist, the loudest I've ever heard the garden.
Speaker 3: He never saw Jordan in the garden, you know, No, I did not. You don't know that on TV. Yeah, you don't know that energy.
Speaker 2: When Mike came out that tunnel, you don't know too young it was booze.
Speaker 3: I hope thought it was booze ship, not for Jordan, not for twenty three. It wasn't no booze hell nah ship.
Speaker 2: I was. I was thinking that the Seahawks, not Seahawks, fucking Patriots AFC game. There was more fans in Denver. They was chanting m v P the whole time. I was like, does Denver have a fan base anymore? Yeah? They do. At an AFC Championship game, the opposing quarterback is getting MVP chance for.
Speaker 3: The whole game. You're that good, You're that good man. Nah.
Speaker 2: If I'm not, you have to exit na. You get love all my stop. M v P of the a FC Championship what the fuck. What do you think the ratio will be in San Francisco? I mean, Seattle's right there. It's going to be a lot of that's going to be a rough one. Yeah. I think it's going to be Ice and Seahawks fans just everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely Ice Seahawks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know, but I do think the New England Patriot fans would would be helping, helping, helping Ice out.
Speaker 3: And not only that, but Patriots fans are going to travel to California.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, that's Super Bowl. But anyways, how's your week been. It's good man, that's free, give us some updates. Stress free. Be and Demarisa are very you know, in tune of your personal life, Like, is there anything going on in my personal life that's worth talking about? No, not really, it's just January dry too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not smoking anymore.
Speaker 2: No, but uh, intercourse, Oh and of course desert desert.
Speaker 3: Not know what a nigga lying to me? No, I'm dead serious. I ain't had no sex.
Speaker 2: Like that girl, like that girl that ran through church. I had no sex.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that.
Speaker 4: You never oh, Man's classic me. But anyway, I never saw that one. Yeah, so now we see dry dry jenuar over here. I don't know what that nigga got going.
Speaker 3: But but not having sexual month is not It's not crazy though, that's like very normal to not have sex.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now if you have living like a boyfriend or girlfriend and you ain't got no, then y'all need to talk about something like we ain't have sex in a month, like and I have a boyfriend or girlfriend, like it's y'all might want to have a conversation. It's called the marriage nageep. We be having sex not like you know, cheating couples do. But you nobody fuck more than cheating couples each other and others. Yeah, man, because you know when you cheat and you feel that, you know, regret, you got to go home and really put it on your girlfriend, not even shower right Yeah, well no, no, no, please wash that off. Shout don't do that, Please don't do that.
Speaker 2: I saw on the way here we had a Banks and Fab conversation on bag fuel. Shout out to those guys. And we were not the first people to have this Banks in Fab conversation. It's kind of become a trendy thing. Uh this year, I believe was it Mook and Lux. Yeah, I think Mouke and Lux started this debate with Banks and Fab and it definitely caught a lot of attention because everyone's debating it. Uncle Murder an Tony y are made shout out to them, were on the Breakfast Club Shout out the Murder, shout out the Yo this morning, and the Breakfast Club had brought up the Fab verse Banks debate, which I was intrigued with because I consider Envy to be Desert Storm even if he's not, that's still his lineage. And then obviously Yo is genuine and Banks, his brother Yao did what we knew Yao would do. One of the most loyal people ever. He said he didn't care I choose Banks, even when they brought up like a fair points, I don't care. I choose Banks. Yeah, you see how it works. And I love Yo, like he'll admit out the gate like nas as Banks, that's my brother. I'm always gonna pick that. But then just bring a point like all right, well Banks about to tour Fab not Torn. It's like, well Fab could tour, that's a moot point in that just because Banks is going out but after that fifty cent posted this maybe about an hour ago since we recording this fab verse banks. They both write better when it's about girls. They both think they are better than everybody. They both never put in no work themselves. They both are not likely to sell at this point either in their career. It's a tie. Ladies and gentlemen. They are the same. Some hate, man, that's some hate what fifty mean by they I was trying to think they are better than that Isn't every rapper supposed to think they better than everybody?
Speaker 3: That's just rap shit.
Speaker 4: That's like law is you're supposed to say that you think that you better. But I feel like rappers know who they not better than?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, when you go home an now you know when a rabbit whooped your ass, like you know, when you lay down like Dan go.
Speaker 4: Even not even even not even if you engage in battle, like you go home, and you know that.
Speaker 3: Ultimate feature, like even when you do a song together, you like, yeah, I ain't gonna lie that nigga got me, like you know, but you ain't gonna say that shit publicly.
Speaker 2: That I that part of it. I do believe fifty there. I also think that Fab and Banks quietly to themselves and humbly think they are better than everybody that raps. I don't think there's no humility in it, and I think there's plaunt that shit unless he's rapping. And even Fab, for what it's worth, who is more in the public. You've been around Fab, I've been around Fab and had conversations about other rappers and ship off Mike Fat rightfully, so thins he's better than everybody else. Yes, but you're supposed to know. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm not putting out any news. Somebody shouldn't know.
Speaker 3: Any type of competitive feel You're supposed to feel like you're the best.
Speaker 2: But there are rappers to Demarus's point, that like, no, they're not, and don't think that they could say that in a conversation like nah washing, but they know they know better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every rapper knows, like I can't fuck with him, but I ain't gonna say that. Yeah, And I ain't about to go in the booth and do a song with him and feel like I ain't about to like I'm going in there to bus his ass. Yeah, So I mean I get that, but now I don't know what he what do you mean by they both never put in no work themselves.
Speaker 2: So I was trying to figure out, in the way he worded it what he meant there. I don't think he meant like they never put in no work in the street or whatever themselves. I think he was because Fifty's last book, book, fifty Laws of Power, he has a chapter where he mentions his relationship with Banks and he's like, Yo, this guy has lazy Lloyd tattooed on him. Banks never put in the work to match his talent. He thought he could coast because he was so talented. Okay, he's been on record for a while saying those things. Now the Fab side, I feel like Fab put in a lot of work into himself and his brand, and that was a solo artist.
Speaker 3: He was never in a group like you know, I Fifty says that about Banks because the whole g unit, and it feels like, you know.
Speaker 2: I understand, yeah, but Fab is their relationship Fab. I didn't. I was like, I don't think there's ever been a point that I felt like Fab didn't want it like Banks. Sometimes there was a point where I was like, he probably just doesn't like the shit. He doesn't like the limelight. He doesn't like to be around people like I'm cool, bro, I'm gonna do my verses and when it's time to make some money, I'll come outside. But if not, I'm chilling, like I don't want to do all this. But Fab, I mean, outside of recently, has been super consistent. He's done like brand shit. He's I don't know that he has always been.
Speaker 3: I'm always on the side. I do always feel like and I think I've expressed this before that I feel like Fab is is like very laid back, very cool thanks to m Yeah, he don't really have a lot of ego when it comes to trying to prove that he's better than everybody, Like he doesn't, you know what I mean. Like Fab is not just dropping music all the time. He's not doing a bunch of features. He's not and we want that, Like we want the Soul tape shit back, we want Summertime shootout back, we want a new Fab project. I don't know why. I think it was probably some legal things why Fab kind of didn't want to, you know, put out new music and shit like that. But as far as like, you know, not putting in no work, I mean I think fab like I said, he's since the late nineties and he's still relevant today.
Speaker 2: Like and even on the Bank side, I guess I can. I can understand fifties perspective there because you know, he's known Banks since Banks was like literally a child and has watched the entire thing, So of course his perspective would be more of a fact than us on the outside looking in. But I do feel in the last I don't know, six seven years, Banks has been super consistent now as impactful from eyes like fifty cent, I can see why he would say something like that, but to a consumer and fan of Banks, I think he's been super consistent and putting in a lot of work to help his brand in that regard and what Yeo said, he's about to go overseas on tour, which that's their bread and butter, Like oh yeah, you like when Gene is Wu tang Acon like those they'll never be because they have Europe like it'll they'll always always show up for them. I get it. It's just it's just sad to see the fab shit. I don't really care. I know him if fifty has something recent of a little back and forth, but it's it's heartbreaking as a lifelong g UNIT fan to see this fifty in Banks fly feud still going on, and I mean Fifties put out a record with Rest in Peace, p and b Rock. I'm going crazy that I love where he addresses the whole Banks thing. I don't know, I just I just hate to see this type of shit because Banks just kind of keeps to himself. Like if Banks was outside the way Yo was and was talking as much as yao, but in a negative way towards Fifty, I could totally see that. But Bro Banks be mind of his business, like it's very sad. It's sad to see the other bit. I can see Fifty feeling a way that being his little brother, Like Yo, I don't think you reach your potential. I wish you would have done this. I did do a lot for you. I think Banks would say the same thing that Fifty did so much for him. But we ain't got to do this, man, unless Banks are saying a bunch of shit behind the scenes that I don't know about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's different again.
Speaker 2: But we also know fifty. You'll just say something you.
Speaker 3: Just speculating off of a comment that Fifty made. But I mean you know, I'm still always on the side I'm waiting for new Fat music. Like I'm waiting for that. I've been vocal about that. I've spoken the Fab about that, like, yo, like what we're doing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I always am down for a new FAB project.
Speaker 2: When when was the last time you had that conversation with Fat?
Speaker 3: When we were in Atlanta the last time we had we had a shot out there. I saw him at Copper Cove one night. Okay, I went there and because I was.
Speaker 2: What twenty and twenty four last time we were in twenty five, twenty four.
Speaker 3: Twenty four, Yeah, god damn yeah, And we had a conversation and you know, he was he just started laughing like he's like, yeah, I know I'll be hearing it. I'm like, Yo, what's up, what are you doing? Bro? Like we need that music. But you know that is you know, I guess whenever he's ready. But I do think, you know, I never asked him personal business about his you know, his career. But I do think it is probably some legal contracts and things that people that's probably still eating over his music that he's trying probably trying to you know, moving or get away from it. Shit like that. That is the reason why he's not his output is not Yeah, sure, because again Fab's talent level. He still raps better than ninety percent of the rappers that we have. He makes better songs than ninety percent of y'all. And again I'm always down to hear some new Fab music.
Speaker 2: I mean, I do know for a fact, I recently, you know, within the last month, Benning sessions and Fab is working. I don't know if he's gonna put any music out, but it's great, like it Fab is in shape. While I was listening to it, I was like, I don't understand why you just don't hit upload. I was right there, but right there actually like this goes off to the world, not here to like I'm not revealing. I have no idea what Fab wants to do is doing. All I know is everything i've heard that is like the newest Fab music sounds incredible, Like I could hear me like, oh, that's not up to par. Maybe he's trying to get back in shape, and that's why it's it's great, Like, don't upload the shit now, don't.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm saying it has to be some legal something on the legal side.
Speaker 2: I could see that Fab has been in some contracts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I cannot think it's some business shit that's in the way of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can definitely see that. It's sad for me to say, speaking New York hip hop, that it's only been like a week or two, But in this day and age, that's saying a lot that you're still listening to an album. I'm still listening to this asap rocky album every day. Like, it's still really good to me. It's good driving music, in good shower music in the cars. It's my favorite driving album right now.
Speaker 3: The music is like we spoke about this might be his best album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not mad at that take whatsoever. It's so crazy that now that's how we talk. It's been two weeks. How's it aging?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like now still I still fun with it.
Speaker 3: You should fall out the rotation quick.
Speaker 2: Oh it sounds crazy to say, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Quick, you got the average lifespan of album is probably six days. I mean even six You got six days to prove that this is some fire or we will never listen to this again.
Speaker 2: Even with shit I like and this is not a slight to Travis. Maybe it's more of a slight to me as a consumer. I came in here when Travis put out his last project and was like, yoh, shit is fire. After a week passed, I was like, I'm cool.
Speaker 3: It's crazy how it works.
Speaker 2: And maybe that's a me thing. I don't know. I'm sure Travis's fan base loves it and still listening. I'm not saying no one but me. I'm like, damn, I came in here and said I absolutely loved it. I'm kind of cool. I don't even know which song to run back to.
Speaker 3: It's just too much mute. We have access to too much fucking music because we listened to old school, like we're just singing Anita Baker. We still listening to Anita, Like, so how if we still listen to how the fuck we got time to listen to the new R and B girl that dropped, like we still listening to Anita? We still listening in the ment condition, like we still on that music.
Speaker 2: What are our timeless records from our generation? Maybe we put a year on it, and damn, I wish this was one of those we talked about before so we could come more prepared. But I'm cool having a conversation in real Time from two thousand and on Timeless, Yeah, in the last twenty five years. Just in general, I'm talking about timeless like narrow it down still well Sorry, R and B pop Uh love Love on Top? Okay, it's a timeless I think Amara will sing Love on Top, But then again I don't. I don't know. I think the age difference between you and when that Anita Baker record came out is insane. Do you think will have any of those records always on time? Ashanti G Yeah, I mean, like you name it, you name a song them the songs that they play on cruise ships, like that's that keeps music time?
Speaker 3: No, for sure. For sure when it crosses all genres like you know, like nationalities and cultures and things like that, they all love it, like because.
Speaker 4: Your kid will hear it again, Because like I feel like even with Timeless, like what I play in my house, another parent might not play in their house. So it needs to be something that you're gonna hear, not just in my house. You're gonna hear outside like you're gonna I want to figure out who Michael Jackson is, because everybody is talking about fucking Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I feel like I kind of to a most same with the cruise ship stuff. I feel like songs like hey, y'all have just got into that threshold where they'll be sung forever just because they entered there. But like when a Dorn came out, I was like, oh, look, our generation got one, like this is going to be played at weddings for the rest of eternity. And while it is a timeless record in my opinion, I don't know that to be true anymore. With the consumer change in music, I don't know if a Dorn is really I don't know if a mar is going to want to dance to a Dorn at her wedding, which is crazy to say, because to me that's a it checks every box in my head musically. Is a Thomas record a better question?
Speaker 3: What song did y'all graduate too?
Speaker 2: Graduate?
Speaker 4: Or pull up the prom too? Because I feel like that's.
Speaker 3: No like, what was your graduation song? What's song the junie?
Speaker 4: I don't remember. I remember my fifth grade graduation. We were supposed to dance, well we dance to I think it was which our Kelly song? Now I believe I could fly the other one, But.
Speaker 3: There's only two graduation songs, Well maybe three. Maybe I believe I could fly. Yep, Whitney Houston, I had the children our future.
Speaker 2: Did you and your brother have this conversation? Yeah, because your brother text me and we have the same conversation.
Speaker 3: And Tevin Campbell, I think Tevin Cambell got one tomorrow. I'm sorry, Campbells, there is no tea.
Speaker 2: I want to hear that. Quincy touched that one. You feel like I feel like Tim Campbell got one. Tevin Campbells and not tomorrow. It might be tomorrow. That's what I would imagine.
Speaker 3: It might be tomorrow.
Speaker 4: And that's vitamin C. What what Josh was singing? Vitamin C graduated the Vitamin C as you graduated the Vitamin C beach. We readmemeber all the good bigs, DM me this or I definitely walked.
Speaker 3: We definitely have a Winnie Houston at my Yeah tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow or Kelly that piece of shit. I believe I could fly.
Speaker 2: And my eighth grade it was eighth grade graduation, not like a it's not high school was definitely I believe I can fly. I don't even remember what played in my high school.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sorry. Fifth grade. It was the world's greatest. We did a dance to the World's Greatest at our graduation, but I didn't get to do it because I got like, I got in trouble, so I had to sit in the crowd.
Speaker 2: Like like one of like the church spiritual dance type.
Speaker 4: Of choreography, kind of like that, but not super spiritual because it was school.
Speaker 2: But yes, it was similar to that. Josh pulled up Green Day, Good Ridden. Yeah, they played that at the end of Seinfeld, So I feel like that believed that that became a tribute song. Time of your life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we didn't don't want high school to never graduation song.
Speaker 2: I think you had to have a graduate didn't remember what was that was that? I don't remember. I was what's the graduation like actual sleep score?
Speaker 4: Like when we were all sitting there waiting for like the the fucking speeches and ship, I was that ass like.
Speaker 3: No, not the speeches, but don't y'all walk out to a song. No, y'all don't walk into the auditoria that it was a silence like silence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's wicked.
Speaker 3: That's a wicked graduation like this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well yeah of course that But know what I'm saying. I think it was that for the walk in and the walk out. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: I think I would have remembered if it was like a song with lyrics.
Speaker 2: I definitely remember. I believe I Can Fly for eighth grade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe I Can Fly was definitely one.
Speaker 2: But no, I think it was. I think it was just this mm hmmm. Yeah, that's like and I feel like the school like band played it like they were in their capping gowns and sat down and went back up and did the whole okay thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, we just pressed play on the motherfucking whitney.
Speaker 2: What did y'all pull up the prom and.
Speaker 3: We didn't have a prom? They took out prom away from us? Oh damn home he stole the.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, just com remember that. That's like, that's fucked up though, that is to do that to everybody for prom, Like I could see no homecoming dance, but.
Speaker 3: Like everybody's all the final grades and everything was in the computer. I know, but like because I guess he failed, he was like fuck that, like he took the whole computer.
Speaker 2: He took the whole Maybe we should put together an adult prom from all we could do getting here? Do you want a sneaker ball? No, thank you.
Speaker 4: If you want to have one big room full of bad bitches, you still want want to come?
Speaker 2: Maybe we could talk about that exactly.
Speaker 3: We might be able to We might be able to have a conversation about that.
Speaker 2: That's the type of graduation I want and under that gown, girl and I could get a I get cipher sounds the DJ that was King prom DJ in New York City, I could get I get psyched to do it. We could do the after prom party at UH at Webster Hall.
Speaker 3: That's such a that's such an after promim Brooklyn Queen's after promise. It was such an after prom together Webster Hall, without a doubt. It was the only place that like allowed eighteen plus two on Thursday. You want to talk about Lloyd Banks, he was, He was big meets at the eighteen plus Webster Hall Thursday nights, him and Joel Santana.
Speaker 2: We're going crazy.
Speaker 3: Fab and French Ball drop. Might be the graduations going for the y Ns. Now you've really been walking out to that for the Wiians? Yeah, I can see. Are they graduating some Winans graduating, some wins graduating. You're seeing him with the shist he's on at the graduation.
Speaker 4: So you didn't have a you didn't have a song that you pulled up to promin like blasting out because I remember it was in Syracuse.
Speaker 2: It was our thing. You have to roll all the windows down, the drought.
Speaker 3: To all the small things.
Speaker 2: Truth to say, it ain't so I will not go turn the lights off. Carry me. Oh keep your head still. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's what.
Speaker 2: What's my age again? What's my age again?
Speaker 3: That's what Rory pulled up to his first of all.
Speaker 2: Let's not do that. That blank one any two album is a classic. That's a time unt. I love Blink one eighty two, but no blank one ay two. That song was probably fifteen years old by the time I got to PROM. I don't know. It was probably like some little scrappy shit or something. It was two thousand and eight, Oh scrash the South, And when my senior high school was the South, thought like every hit record was from the South, Like Fat Joe came in and at least like got us there with Make It Rain.
Speaker 3: But I thought you about say you graduated the lean bag.
Speaker 2: Even even Roy Jones was forced you got left back. Left back. It's left back. I'm fucking crying the thing I probably should have been. I probably be smarter now if they weren't just like, just go ahead, just let him go, let me go ahead, let him didn't even say go ahead, go ahead, go ahead, go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, and get up. Man, we're tired of looking at your fee.
Speaker 2: But no, I don't have for junior or senior. I don't remember. I don't even know if the limo we took like allowed us to play music. I put up the motivation.
Speaker 4: Kelly Rowling, not geezy Kelly Rowling, all as you said, thug motivation.
Speaker 2: I'm like that would make more sense tob to prom than Kelly Roland motivation. And I was on the back of like the drop top the camaro.
Speaker 3: Camlaro. What are you, army wife? Drop camaro widow goes to a funeral? I'm fucking ryan camaro, you know, to give sign.
Speaker 2: I was on the back of it. That's the motivation. My uh, junior prom was all right. My senior problem had a lot of fun. It We stuck, We snuck a lot of bottles in that that was actually a really good time.
Speaker 4: I was never I never used to like sneak alcohol in school like functions. I never did that unless it was like a football game. I was drinking palm my sign at a football game. But other than that, I and J, E and J.
Speaker 3: That esus, Jesus.
Speaker 4: But he's believes I and J in a sixteen year old system. It's just like it's just destroying me. That's why I probably got my overy fucked up.
Speaker 2: Now that might be, Hey, you might. I definitely was drinking E and J at fourteen years old, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all crazy. Well, I ain't no better. I have that, not bananas. I can't even smell that shit.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh yeah, that's how I feel about bok cartal.
Speaker 3: Not bananas. The worst shit ever.
Speaker 2: That was like a special occasion for us at that age, not banana. It was to a fifteen year old that was expensive.
Speaker 3: That ship is Oh my god, I threw up so crazy. I can't That should make me know?
Speaker 2: You just think we were listen, man, we was mixing like Boon's farm and fucking ever clear.
Speaker 4: Ever clear being the base of jungle juice. Like well, my kid grows up and asks me, hey, mom, what's jungle juice or what's I'm like telling them whatever, explaining Ever Clear and Devil's.
Speaker 2: Spring, like like, hey, do you see what daddy puts in his car to make it work? That's pretty much what we were drinking on the rocks. No straight with mad floating fruit in it cold like that was premium gas chilled. It's really really all it was. But yeah, that was awful, like really bad. And then Wild Irish Rose and Mad Dog twenty twenty. Oh was real.
Speaker 3: You was real Hood, Mad Dog, madg.
Speaker 2: And then uh, I can see they had every single flavor you could think of.
Speaker 4: I can see the plastic before they took the cocaine out was crazy.
Speaker 2: That was my freshman going into sophomore college. Summer was the four Local when I was I was in high school for four Local.
Speaker 3: Never did a full local.
Speaker 4: You never had a four Local without a crack, I mean with the crack in it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. You ever had a Celsius.
Speaker 4: That's like missing, Oh my god, it's hard to explain. I can't even that shit was battery acid, fruity battery acid with caffeine in it.
Speaker 2: But like in a legal amount, like the way I see like white Claw has the White Claw Surge or whatever, and my God gave me one and I was like, oh, yeah, this is this is gobbage. This is cut down.
Speaker 3: Cut water.
Speaker 2: Oh I love me a cuddy.
Speaker 3: A cuddy.
Speaker 2: That's what they call it. A I love your cut water.
Speaker 4: Cut cut water is it's supposed to be liquor cut with water because it's like it's not like malt liquors. It's like actual like tequila or vodka or whatever, and then cut with whatever flavor something. It's supposed to be like a mixed drink in a can, but with real kind of But it wasn't always sprints, Like sometimes it's just like a cocktail.
Speaker 2: That's what West Indians do with blue label. Pour it straight and then just just a dash of water to a little bit of that. Yeah that's water, little bacon soda. That's all it is.
Speaker 4: Toe up, So you drew cut water.
Speaker 2: Be toe up? Mall. I see that Demerius is over there on a phone that is not the all new iPhone pro seventeen, designed to be the most powerful iPhone ever. Like what is that?
Speaker 3: Is that a flip phone?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Are you concerned about traffic or is someone trying to transfer all your data?
Speaker 3: You got no snowstorm updates on that phone.
Speaker 2: Well, good news to Maris. I know you're sitting over there. If you go to boost Mobile, they will send an expert to your home and deliver your brand new iPhone seventeen Pro, so you don't have to have that sour look that you have on your face right now while you're scrolling through it was that an iPhone twelve.
Speaker 3: Boost Mobile would never If you visit bootsmobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices. Purchase at boosbogo dot com.
Speaker 2: Terms are block You haven't had a quaylut and Coca cola?
Speaker 3: I wish it was a real lawyer that was the drink of choice in the eighties to his lawyer, he said, London Oak, sir, No, No, his lawyer's saying like quailudes was a party drug, which it was. Yeah, they had billboards of it, and you know in the in the eighties and the seventies and they did quaylud and a coke.
Speaker 2: Well it was for like pregnant women and shit, right now, the billboards wasn't It wasn't for pregnant women. It was for women, but not pregnant women, all right. I don't know what I thought her whatever the fuck was for. I thought it was like to help pregnant women sleep or some shit.
Speaker 3: Well, Bill Cosby under oath admitted to refilling a recreational prescription for Kuaeludes as Josh Josh, just.
Speaker 2: By the Nike sneakers. It's the third time he pulled them up.
Speaker 3: Pull prescription for kueludes he got from a gynecologist at a poker game seven times with the intention of giving the pills to women in hopes of having sex with them.
Speaker 2: And he says he never downed a single pill himself. I believe that would fall under the exact definition of date rape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the docs said that doctor Amar is a disgraced gynecologist who was Cosby's friend, and the poker game with Cosby got the Kwailu prescription was hosted at Cosby's Los Angeles house prior to nineteen seventy two, which is significant. So yeah, man, I don't know, this is not looking good for mister Bill Cosmy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he got off just because of paperwork, So I don't know they're going to retry him because of this entire thing. But yeah, and this may have been under oath with the paperwork that got him dismissed. This might not even being new information. Yeah, I mean it's awful. But also now you have to look at everyone else that hasn't said this under oath that we know for a fact was probably doing the exact same thing. Like we look at Hugh Hefner as an icon, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone will say he is an icon. Ya Okay, I know where you're going. I know where you're going.
Speaker 2: I'm not dismissing anything. Yeah Bill did. Yeah, I think he should be locked up. And I think the paperwork shit is bullshit and just proves our judicial system works when it wants to off technicalities and doesn't when it doesn't. But yeah, this was a thing. It was normal. It's even crazy that Bill was dead sober for it. Yeah. Like sometimes if two people are taking drugs and everything it gets foggy and no one knows what they're doing and the guy ends up getting a charge this and that. It's like, bro, if everyone was all in the wrong mind, who knew what was going on? If you dead sober and dropping drugs without telling people, that's the definition of date right now. I not like two consenting adults taking drugs blacking out and not knowing what happened the next morning.
Speaker 3: Now I do listen, and you know how we are when it comes to these types of situations where anybody is sexually assault or anything like that. But if you're in a party atmosphere insh seventies, eighties, nineties, whenever there is a thing where you may party, somebody gets drunk, you may be intoxicated yourself, you have sex, You have sex. It feels consensual. You're not ripping anybody's clothes off, you're not fighting nobody trying to take sex. And then years later somebody says, oh, like, I don't remember what happened at night. I just know that I felt like I was, I was. I had sex, and I didn't remember consenting to it. So there are things where it's like damn, like, because we've all been to parties, we've all been on vacations. People get drunk, people get high whatever they do and having fun, and you look over and be like, yo, yall, y'all dipped off too. And you see two drunk people coming from wherever they coming from and dipped off from the party, and they may have did something, and it's like okay, But you don't ever feel like that was something that she wasn't consenting or he wasn't consenting to, because I've been around that and I've seen dude, I'm like, yo, and I tell you all the time, I never was into having sex with women that was too intoxicated that I just that was never into that. Like I actually don't even like when women get drunk around me like that shit is you start feel like you baby sitting at that point. So I don't even like that. But I've been in parties where everybody's fucked, the people are drunk, and like I said, people dip off, go somewhere in the house or go somewhere or wherever. You don't know what's happening. But it never in that moment, you don't ever even think like he may have did something non consensual with this girl, because at that point you would check them, like yo, what the like you would see something or you think you would see something and something doesn't feel right. I don't know if this is You know, Cosby has been a star for years. He admitsed there was partying. No Kueludes was a party drug. We know that that people was popping it, just like people pop Miley just like people pop e. It's just different generations do different drugs.
Speaker 2: Like Yeah, But the difference with the cosmy stuff based off the testimony of countless people, reputable people that were famous and didn't have any reason to lie, similar to like the Cassie thing, which we found out clearly was fucking true. He was dropping that in drinks without them knowing. Now, two people take quailudes and it gets busy, and then the next morning she's like, I didn't want to do that. Now we have a conversation. But if you're dropping quailudes, Molly, anything in somebody's drink without them knowing, this is a clear cutcase to me.
Speaker 3: Listen, you're right, you're about a law. That's you're You're absolutely right by anything. But I'm also from a time where we was outside and when Rick Ross said, put Molly on law champagne.
Speaker 2: She didn't even know it. Most insane.
Speaker 3: Every girl is the pool party yelled that part. Ain't nobody like yo, that's crazy, Like we.
Speaker 2: All said that was.
Speaker 3: The DJ would cut that part off and everybody start yelling that part.
Speaker 2: Now, I feel like that that verse got cut within a week. No, hell, we don't do that.
Speaker 3: You're crazy.
Speaker 2: What do you mean that verse got cut? It's still excuse hear that is it?
Speaker 3: We're not doing it like I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: Trying to remember when that whole that sh did that was the remix, wasn't even the real Ross.
Speaker 3: Didn't get heat for that for years.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe that's what I'm remembering that years later everyone was like.
Speaker 3: That Ross got heat for that years later. Yeah, okay, sorry, I'm in that. When that record came out and keep I remember every pool party, when that ship came on, every cookout, everybody was yelling that part that was like that was like.
Speaker 4: This being worse it is. I took her home and I enjoyed that. She ain't even know it that that still marriage.
Speaker 2: One year that came out was that twenty twelve eleven. I was gonna say eleven, let me tell you something, but I could be wrong.
Speaker 3: Every twenty thirteen thirteen, every time that part played, you felt like that was the hook. Matter of fact, some DJs took that part and would go into a whole nother record with a different beatle still playing it.
Speaker 2: She ain't even know it was. I mean, she didn't even know what the record, But that was the remix.
Speaker 4: Right, Ross wasn't No, that was he was a feature. It wasn't a remix. He was just on the feature.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know why I thought that was the remix and he featured on that. But I mean here, that record went crazy. Listen. I was never at a party that the music went out and everyone said I took her home and enjoyed. I was. I never saw that. She didn't even know. I know that played, but that part being a moment I personally was never around when everyone was like, dropped in my lind or drink. She ain't even know it. I took her home, had my way with her. She didn't even know it. No, I don't ever remember rapping along to that.
Speaker 3: I think I got an archive video on my Instagram, But that shit, I'm gonna find it.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, it's a wild bar.
Speaker 4: Of course, it was wild, like when when I first heard it, I didn't. I feel like sometimes, especially back then, like we just weren't thinking.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when you listen to the first part in that game, that time dropped of mind and drink shen't even know it awful, But in that time I can see it skipping over that that second one. Even in that time, I just don't feel like everyone be like, yeah, I fuck with that.
Speaker 3: That's crossed. Listen. It's a different world we're in thirteen years lady, and I understand that it's a different world where in thirteen years later, thirteen years ago, I'm telling nobody really looked at that and felt no type of way to understand, because maybe people understand it's just a bar, it's just music. People was like, we don't really think that that's real. But when that song came on, that was the song of the summer. Yeah, yeah, it ain't. Nobody be like, yo, but don't play that part. Niggas couldn't wait lean into that part. And I'm just saying again, I was there. I'm just telling you if the moment when I was.
Speaker 4: I'm happy hindsight it's twenty twenty because that shit was fucking insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is, But so was Miguel's. How many drinks we had Miguel here. We asked him like, Yo, you're gonna perform, and they was like, yeah, I'm performing that record.
Speaker 2: A little different than that Ross line, but of course, of course it was a.
Speaker 3: Little different but it's still like what you mean, how many drinks would it take for you to leave with me? Like what you People could still frown they nose that. That part is what I'm saying, and that's the hook at that's the hook. So that's what I'm saying. It was a different time. We understand now things are different. It's a little more sensitive, gotta be more careful with your words and good sensitivity to me is stuff. Oh no, for sure, But I'm just saying happy for that. So now we talked about thirteen years ago, Bill and caught talking about fifty four years ago seventy two where they was doing this shit and he's one of the biggest actors.
Speaker 2: They were still debating why they let women vote at that time.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It was wrong, and I think everybody knew it was wrong.
Speaker 2: There's always was.
Speaker 4: Everybody was doing it so or a lot of people was doing it. So he didn't find anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even yo, I remember my frat brothers in Philly, there was another fraternity. There's a rumor. That's why I'm not going to say what the other fraternity was that they stopped going to their parties because when they would walk in, they'd be I don't want to say what their jungle juice was called. There'd be two jugs of it, and they would tell them like, yo, drink out of that one, not that one. And they was like, yo, we can't. We can't know what the fuck is wrong with y'all drink out of that. It was a very popular frat. But I want to put that on them because one, it's a rumor in too, that's just one chapter that doesn't define a whole fraternity. But that to me was crazy when I was in college, Like, wait, so they just told the guys in the party which one to drink from. That's crazy, that's just that's just rape.
Speaker 4: You're literally in a frat, you're good. Pussy flies at you, you'll be fine. You don't need to drug girls for it.
Speaker 2: Like that was.
Speaker 3: But again even that, like remember when they say spiked the punch, Well that's what they that's all still like nobody don't know what's in this, yeah, so then you know what I mean. And again we told about we just hearing this and movies when they were to high school. Somebody go by the punch bowl, drop something in there, give his man the bottle back, like y'all, they don't know what they just put it in that I'm talking about. This was normal shit. Again. I understand now twenty twenty six things are different in the world than God. But I'm just saying Bill Cosby nineteen seventy two were talking about whatever seventy years that were was. I can see how at that time it was things that was going on that was perceived as normal. Yeah, perceived that's fun popping kualudes, whatever, fun time, party time. I mean, let's not get into the fucking I'm not into the eighties. And what was the club in New York that everybody went to get into Greenhouse in the eighties, Go to Greenhouse Studio Studio fifty four. If we start talking to some of the bouncers and wagresses a studio from Studio fifty four, Oh.
Speaker 4: I know they was carrying half dead bodies out.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be like, yo, famn, like that was regular shit. We not like I get it. Somebody woke up in nineteen ninety nine. It felt like, damn, yo, I ain't gonna lie. I feel like they took advantage of me in seventy five, like okay, but like and that in seventy five, that's which I was doing for fun.
Speaker 2: And that's also why I hate some of the holier than now people in this time because a lot of people, which is not excusing anything, are just products of the time that they were. So everyone that is, like social justice warriors on Twitter, I'd be curious to see if we placed you in a time machine in the year of slavery, how liberal you'd really be? Yo, I know, I'm serious. A lot of people act like I would have been the only one in Alabama going this is wrong. I don't know if you would dog, Nah, you'd.
Speaker 3: Have been out there picking that cotton with everybody else.
Speaker 2: Fam know what I'm saying. The white liberals, Oh no, no, white it was like, Yo, you wouldn't have You wouldn't have been this guy at we have to abolish that. I don't think you would have been that. No. I think a lot of y'all are saying it now because it was trendy, because y'all was saying it five years ago. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think people just need to keep that in context. The world is different than it was, however many years ago.
Speaker 2: But at a time I'm glad we're in a time where people are that hyper aware. I'm not saying that hyper scared, hyper aware that they would even think that they would be that progressive in those times. I'm glad people think that because this is sensitivity. I'm I'm happy that the changes have been made, like we shouldn't think any of this is okay. And if that takes people thinking that they would never do this in this time, cool, I'm with you. But I just think some of y'all are full of shit and say things just because it sounds good.
Speaker 3: A lot of y'all full of shit.
Speaker 4: And just as a reminder in case we have young listeners. Okay, a drunk person, even if you are drunk, a drunk person cannot consent, you know if you haven't especially My number one rule is this, if you have not had sex with this person before, do not have sex with them for the first time drunk.
Speaker 2: I don't give the one drink, two drinks, three drink four, Do not always been crazy to do that. Do not do that. That is wild.
Speaker 4: You're not I'm not saying you're a bad person. Is It's not about that. It's not about I'm trying to keep you from some ship. Just please do not keep you away from the podium. Yeah, do not have they're trying to have sex with you.
Speaker 3: Talk about I don't remember you remember? Stop man, No, I'm just saying that they should take what you're saying seriously, because I'm saying they'll end up at the podium talking about, oh I don't remember, I don't feel Nah, you remember, you remember which I did coming back from six flags? Man, Just back of that bus.
Speaker 2: Go go go home, Go home and beat off, Go home and hit your rose. Live to fight another day. You have to fight another day. You don't need to do that. You can have sex on another time. And I mean that even starts the relationship better. In my opinion, we all lusty and ship when you are drunk and don't fuck. Now, we got some tension to be sober and fucking no.
Speaker 4: Especially if you stay to night and you don't fuck y'all wake up in the morning. That's that's when the sex is gonna be good. Just chill, Just go to sleep, Let that girl go to sleep.
Speaker 3: Calm your horny ass down. Relax, pussy ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 2: Just chill out.
Speaker 3: Just realize if she likes you, she likes you makeing chill, relax, no good.
Speaker 2: But let's let's get back to music. Get back to the music. It's always about the music.
Speaker 3: Rory Mass will no matter what they tell you, Rory goes back to the music.
Speaker 2: Mass Appeal. You guys, you guys, you guys have my art. You guys, you guys just keep doing amazing things that I am so jealous that we aren't able to do stuff like this. So after having one of my favorite years of hip hop and twenty twenty five with what Mass Appeal did without a doubt a label of the year, shout out to everyone over there. They have a new idea for twenty twenty six. They posted this on their Twitter today. For decades, dream collaborations have lived in conversation, the overdue, the inevitable, and the unexpected. They're starting a program called Imagine That that invites you to submit your ideal artist to artist or artist to producer pairings and see which vision we're bring into life. So on their website on mass Appeal imagine that dot mass appeal, you can type in the artists and producers that you would like to collab on an album. This is pretty much like the draft we do on Patreon or the conversations we have, but Mass Appeal actually has the power and relationships to make it happen. That's why I'm saying, in a healthy way, I'm jealous of how cool this is going to end up. What a way to follow in my head. We never spoke about it, but after we did the ghost Face interview and went to the mass Appel pop up and saw all the installations, I was like, how the fuck could they follow this up? How do they keep this theme moving within their label trajectory? And now we have this, Now fans get to pick a collab and Mass Appeal can try to make it.
Speaker 4: Happen beyond their submit fifty times a month.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I've already And I was like shooting for the fucking stars on shiit are you saying? I was like, Yo, YG and Pete Rock GZ and Premiere, what's up?
Speaker 3: Let's go. It's just I feel sorry for whoever has to go through all of these submissions, because it's gonna be a lot of just ship like.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a lot of artists saying me like me and Premiere And here's a link to my Instagram.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me and Alchemist that make it happen. But this is cool though. Yeah, this is a really cool idea, and.
Speaker 2: I think, I mean, I'm sure they have some type of AI program that can sift through all the madness. And I don't know if they're gonna end up going with the highest percentage of collapse or whatever, but I do think they probably have some in mind already that are going to go against this entire thing, because that's tough to just find sifting through all of this pros.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a lot, but like even.
Speaker 2: People were going to that what John is people were posting there is what I also love that too, that fan generated stuff where you can post what you wanted to put up. I always think that stuff is the.
Speaker 3: Best bag nas producers mad Lib, dj Dhi Pharrell than the Alchemist. Oh you niggas just trying to rap rap, You niggas overly rapping, all right?
Speaker 2: Well, definitely a big Krit fan here and shout out to Crit Kendrick, Big Crit j I D produced by Big Crip, battle Cat, Pharrell, battle Cat and Big Crit on production would actually be fire. I'm not mad at that one at all. Cannabis Rass cast Killer Priest corrupt DJ Muggs. That's a hip hop fan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that niggas just came home, Jack Goodson, were glad to see you out of that YO from behind a g wall, Cannabis, rass cast who kill a priest to corrupt with DJ.
Speaker 2: Mus You don't have many bars that in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Jo was it John Goodson? Yeah, Jack Goodson, Welcome home Jack Goodson. That nigga is he definitely went into ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Loope, Nas Black Thought, produced by Hip Boy Alchemists, mad Lib, Danger Mouse. Oh my god, I love the Danger Mouse is thrown in the mix there.
Speaker 3: So they want Nads to wrap some more.
Speaker 2: Yo, just NOAs and Danger Mouse will be kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: Nazzy and nas Asy Comega, Foxy Brown the first just without Dread. Yeah, the Alchemists have it, Conductor and hit Boy. I ain't mad at that.
Speaker 2: What's what's interesting with these collabse is less about the rappers. To me, four producers together, those type of producers trying to put an album together. It's kind of nuts, like I could see put three artists in the one producer, but yeah, trying to get al had Like that's that's what I don't have is not a stretch. That's that's fine, they did the last mob deep one. But once you start adding in hip that's just a hit boy and a lot of producers in the way that they produce. But because that's only really like a hip hop thing where it's a one producer. That's That's also why I hate some of these new hip hop fans when they they they just got their Spotify credits finally for the first time in their life, they're seeing who's produced the song because they never opened the CD and went through the booklets. They didn't live that. So now they can go on Spotify and try to discredit an artists because there's seven fucking producers on a record. It's like, no, that's how music has always been made. Yeah, hip hop is the first genre that's ever had one producer, and people don't understand producing. That word producing. It's I think it has more meaning than people think. Quincy Jones produced Thriller. There was seventy five people on e Yeah, so the people don't understand that part of it.
Speaker 3: So five producers on one beat is not like in I Fox shout the money man. That's not this tweet it's crazy. That's not crazy.
Speaker 2: Though five people producing one beat is diabolical, it's not. That's actually actually very normal, like the way Kanye's credits look. When you're also adding in samples as well, because then whatever sample it is Kanye usually samples soulful shit from the seventies whatever, that's already going to have twenty five producers on it. So add those twenty five to that plus all the musicians Kanye is using, and you're gonna have fifty people on a fucking record like Anti sounds the way it does, because yes, each record has fifty producers. Yeah, that's the point. It's collaboration.
Speaker 3: Back to the conversation we had the other day, you was actually right when it comes to hip hop and it being like business. On the business side of it production, it is tricky because of samples, clearances, other labels, other artists. You throw more people in that pot. So yeah, he was right. We must have talked to hot No no, no, I just.
Speaker 2: Fuck up.
Speaker 3: Yeah no no, no, it wasn't that. But when you think about it like that is because now you're bringing in people that you know, it's not probably not even alive. Somebody owns the state. Now you gotta go through lawyers. Now you gotta go this like it does get a little.
Speaker 2: And on top of that, like let's use Quincy Jones for example, just putting his name on something at that time is going to make the record bigger as is. And Quincy knows that if my name is on this, it's going to be worth more money. My name is worth more than just the music I'm playing, right, So the ten musicians he's using, I'm walking in this studio. My minimum with pub just putting Quincy Jones on it is thirty right, Like you shit, Beyonce. I don't know where splits. But an artist like Beyonce, when she walks in the studio, even if she's not writing something, she's going to get a PUB on that because it's beyond She just hurt her name brand is putting in this song could be the greatest thing ever. But I'm singing it. But some people but would argue that's not how pub works. Pub should just go to who's writing. But at the same time, the writers wouldn't get the money they deserve if this person didn't sing it. I see both sides. That's why it's the most difficult conversation ever. If Rihanna doesn't sing kiss it better? Is everyone going to get the money that they think they deserve? Pub is interesting, but no disrespect to money, man. I just think that's.
Speaker 1: Kind of.
Speaker 2: It's a novice thought when it comes to production, because that is very much a hip hop thing and very much you know, rap duo shit Eric being rocket like that all started with the DJ and the MC, and then it turned into the producer and the EMC. That's how hip hop started. But they were still sampling at that time. Like if you even go to what the breakbeat is, it's a sample, someone else would get the pub There'd be other writers on a break beat, not just the DJ's. It's complicated. So I hate when fans do that on Twitter of like look at how many writers and also so writers they get that wrong. So much writer in the Spotify category, a rapper could go in there and wrap the entire verse hook he wrote everything by himself. There could be seven writers on there because they're also crediting the guy that played bass. He's a producer and a writer because he wrote the bassline. You write music, you write lyrics, and you write music. So yeah, there's any seven writers on that song. Because people wrote the notes that you're hearing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are we getting too nerdy right now?
Speaker 4: No, but we did have this conversation, so we can we can move forward.
Speaker 2: But Rory is right. Yeah. Now, just with that tweet that Josh pulled up that it's diabolical to have five producers, I wish more of y'all would have five producers on your song.
Speaker 3: All y'all needs on y'all music. Y'all need a lot of people in them studios with y'all.
Speaker 2: We were, we were spoiled by Just Blaze when I was a kid. But then again, Just is going to hire a whole choir, and that's what he's gonna chop up. Like, Yeah, some of y'all need more produce. Some of y'all don't just need fruity loops and your microphone. Yeah, go get a fucking musician to play, learn.
Speaker 4: How to read and write music so that you can do some new ship and not just go like this.
Speaker 2: And that's I'm not don't do it. I'm not.
Speaker 4: Hey, let me finish, because even a pop was made that way. Okay, let me finish. Not everybody is talented for that, talented enough for that to be enough and that's why some music sounds boring and doesn't sound layered enough. Some people can do it, but not everybody can, and it's too many people trying.
Speaker 2: But to me, a lot of the sample MPC keyboard producers I would love for them. They put together the greatest beats, like the way a conductor, for example, who's who's one of my favorite producers? Period conductor will come up with everything MPC sample, get on the keys, and then maybe come in and be like, all right, I have this baseline I made off my keys and my MPC, but I'm gonna have someone replay it live. Like I wish more of the MPC producers would do that with that feeling in that life, like I'm gonna come in with a horn player. I may. I may have sampled some horns, I'd rather have them live and then that's gonna be another credit. Guys. Sorry on Spotify. I know you want to see one person in one person, but that's just not how the world works. Oh buddy. The Drake Cast has brought us to the big game. It's not just Drake, it's Drake May and we are here presented by hard Rock Bet Florida's Sportsbook. The Big Game matchup is set and I cannot wait to see the Patriots first the Seahawks. Hard Rock Bet has all the different ways you can get in on next Sunday's action. Here's what I'm liking right now, Maul, I'm going Pats. I know it was tough with the Broncos with the backup this and that, and I know La and Seattle scored a thousand points, but I'm still I'm still with the Pats on this one. All the way May Young Draco, all the Way Many Road Met Draco is right there. And if you're in Florida or New Jersey like myself, the Big Game energy doesn't just live exclusively on the app. Head to a hard rock casino property for drawings, giveaways, and all the excitement leading up to the kickoff. I may go down to ac I may go nuts. I may have a Drake May Jersey on on my way down there.
Speaker 3: Hard Rock Bet also offers new promos every day, so if you're listening to this later, just open the app and check out which you've got any day of the week that's hard rock Bet. Download the hard rock Bet app and make your first deposit today. Hey, b on bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida and Florida offered by Seminal Hard Rock Digital LLC. In all of the states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play terms and conditions applied. Concerned about gambling in Florida, you call one eight three to three play wise. In Indiana, if you are someone you know has a gambler problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, High Out, Tennessee in Virginia.
Speaker 2: Anyways, we out to the Summer Walker Show. We're out all of a sudden. Now, it's just I always don't do that, you know, I always wayday to him in May. No, yeah, I did. Actually, what's his birthday?
Speaker 3: I don't know his exacts, That's what I'm saying. But you know, when Summer coming to New York though, well, I mean it's on the list, all right. Well, justice his birthday is on the list too.
Speaker 2: Okay, when when it is summer in New York? June second, All right, June second. So, like I said, you're gonna have to get Justice a birthday present.
Speaker 3: It's his birthday is right before that. Now I'm going back to I'm going I'm keeping tradition going. I'm going to Toronto to see her. I went to see her first tour in Toronto.
Speaker 2: It's only what a week apart. Let's go to both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to Toronto.
Speaker 2: I love. I gotta keep the tradition going. Baby, d you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean what you saw her in Fiel, so like you'll see her anywhere.
Speaker 3: I didn't see someone walking through Yes she.
Speaker 2: Did it took a sprinter by yourself. Excuse me though, so much meat that was small legra. No baby, no baby, we're at the roots. We were at the roots. It was summer. We were all we all went insane. It's insane. We all seen.
Speaker 4: Summer walking together at the roots picnic.
Speaker 2: What you mean when we were performing that when we yes, but wait no, I'm talking about the time he took a sprinter by himself down ninety five. There was fourteen other seats. That was snow allegra. Yeah, that wasn't something that was snow. See, Okay, when's the time it was snow and it was it was snow and it was Yeah, I'm telling you the col a problem. No Coke could never do a four seasons on time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Toronto and she's bringing the Leo we Aid shot and the old deal is fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also LVR and artist, but he's firing his own that's a projects. So that's that's a lot of good music.
Speaker 2: Now that eight oh two at the O two in London. Wait, hold on, hold on, now, hold on now.
Speaker 3: Oh you're Scheck in London?
Speaker 2: Why mall? Well, you know I rarely ask for thank you. Everybody on in our our staff, family, my actual blood family, my daughter, all that needs to thank me. I would abandon you guys so quickly to move to London. You guys are the ones abandon me. No, you and I would move. Oh yeah, you figure I would. That's the only thing stopping me from doing that is like, you know, this responsibility ship.
Speaker 3: Here, Yeah, this this ship, this home that we've built.
Speaker 2: I can do this in London.
Speaker 3: I love London. You know how I feel about London your places, but.
Speaker 2: No, we'll do the Brooklyn Show. But if it's just me and you, are you fine with that? Like does it have to are you bringing?
Speaker 4: Like like what you say, because because sometimes I'm what you're saying.
Speaker 2: This is where like friendship lines get blurred sometimes, and I love blurring friendship good because me and demeris no whole bars on anything. But sometimes when she asked for tickets for stuff, I'm like, you know, it's a show I'm gonna go to and I only may get so many tickets, so that means you and me are going And I don't know if that was your plan. Yeah, which that definitely wasn't, which which let me let me interject, that was not Demarus was planning to go to someone walking with you. I'm aware, Okay, Damarics already got her outfit laid out.
Speaker 3: Let me look at that, she already at the person she knows she wanted to go with, Like, no looking at other dates like where they go. Maybe I might go to Atlanta, like like like Brandy and Monica.
Speaker 2: No, that was hilarious. I don't know if anyone listening caught what you said. Yeah said I'm cool, She's cool.
Speaker 5: It's hold on from Atlanta. Yeah, you couldn't get never want to go to the show with Atlanta. That it was cook Why I live in Brooklyn. Everybody comes here.
Speaker 2: Saying, but she gets PTSD anytime she sees the Mercedes Best.
Speaker 3: Quick flight quick like Atlanta.
Speaker 2: That's why Atlanta the Philly they go like it's I don't she takes the ship.
Speaker 3: You go to Baltimore.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say DC show. I was gonna say, no Baltimore. Yeah, I was gonna say, maybe I might ask the tickets to the Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Show more as a great city, great city. Uh, but yeah, I'm very self aware more that she did not want to go to the Summer Walker show with me, And I'm saying, the amount of tickets I can get, one of them is mine. So which is It might be a Brandy a Monica situation again, where it's like it's gonna be me and.
Speaker 3: You sign I'm gonna Toto. So it's all good.
Speaker 2: We'll know a lot of people at the that we don't have to just sit me. You'll know people there.
Speaker 4: I don't mind, like I don't mind hanging out with you. I don't mind hanging out with you.
Speaker 2: That ain't even sound like I don't need a lot of that's like a lot of that's somebody want.
Speaker 3: To you, like I don't know, I mean, if you want to go, it's like you want all you want to go though.
Speaker 4: No, it's not that I origally was asking for me, Alex, but that we.
Speaker 2: Know who you.
Speaker 3: We know your road dog Alice could get kicked out again, like you know what I'm saying, Like we know I'm just saying, we know how Alice get down and loved shows. You know what I'm saying. We know her get down.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Anyway, But yeah, sorry, I would. I would love to go with you, but I am going to ask for a ticket to.
Speaker 2: The Baltimore show as well. Be more, you know, I know that's right. You know I like fake live there for a while, so maybe I want to go to Baltimore shows.
Speaker 4: Fuck like Nigga like a herb Be's bump, like you just can't get rid of him, Like.
Speaker 2: Who's Mason is not trying to go see someone.
Speaker 3: Like she's not fucking that's at all trying to go somewhere.
Speaker 2: I know either of you want to go with me to any show, because I'll go with you to Toronto. Let's see his response, we out, we out, or like I'll meet you there. Oh he showed me either there. Yeah, there's a difference between we out and I'll meet you there.
Speaker 3: Well, you want to take the same flight, like I don't know how to I don't know.
Speaker 2: We've taken the same flight, same hotel, same uber car, same show, and I've still never seen you. We are you talking about? But I'm never going to a show to Toronto. When you was in Toronto, I took you to Daniel Caesar as my date.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, but we went together though. See that, so that that right there throws your theory out the window. We went together? No, no, but here's the difference. Not to say you couldn't get Daniel Caesar tickets, but I just I just had the plug because I'm close with him. Yeah, you could get Summer Walker tickets without me in a harp.
Speaker 2: It would take one. Hey, what's up? Can I get some tickets? Yeah? I don't think I'd be on the same my tenerary as you. I had noticed the tickets were under my name. Okay, that's why you had to go with me. No, Peage was saying when we were in London. So outside of the Daniel Caesar show, every time we've ever been in cities, I've like wanted to go to shows and ship, like, you know, just just be be in the pulse of the city, support the social pipeline of the arts. Yeah. And Leon Bridges is an associate. Yeah, I fuck with Leon. And he happened to be at Earth Theater, which we performed at, which was like my favorite venue I think we've ever performed at. And he was there doing like an intimate, like invite only show thing, and I had three tickets after I had just gotten tickets for all of us go the festival. I thought everyone was just going to go to go to sleep, and I had three tickets, and for the first time ever, Maul and Benner are like, yo, I'll roll. And I was like, out of all the things they were going, both of them are going to walk in there and kick up a fuss that I dragged them to this event. No, that's not true. So what happened was and I know, you fuck with Leon Bridges, but it was very much an intimate R and B set, like where I feel like, but we were it's more of my thing. We were coming from like we did radio. I think we were coming from. You guys had said you weren't going, and I was like, why am I? I'm gonna get in. Then Uber and then both y'all out of nowhere decided y'all roll with and I was like, fuck yeah, but it was cool though, I know, yeah, I just I could see our faces.
Speaker 3: I show the show was cool. I enjoyed the show, and that's not a leon.
Speaker 2: The show was incredible, but it was like a sitar and a fucking stand up. It was you gotta be in that mind state, like you weren't in that mindset.
Speaker 3: That's not for the fellas to go together.
Speaker 2: And I was just gonna go by myself and just, you know, sit right there and watch the three of us pulling up. I was like, why didn't Maul roll me when I go to the strip club? He wants to come with me? Now some music, which made me think that you've never gone out with me since and you think that's not that's my style.
Speaker 3: I met you at the what is the where who does the We went to the Nikola I'm talking remember.
Speaker 2: The name of Marlin, kraft Man and Craft. Here's a regiency at New Blue, which he still does morlling craft dot com. Yeah, but that was she don't do that because that's because Nick and Marlin respect each other and that Nick was gonna come. If Nick wasn't here, you wasn't pulling up. No, I would have pulled up because my all the boy was telling me about that spot for a while. I would have pulled up. No New Blue. If you're in New York City Monday nights especially or the best if you love jam sessions, random producers just doing shit. But Marlon has his residency there and I brought them all there. But that was a great event. I was happy you came to that one, just to show that, like I have range in my invites.
Speaker 3: No, that was cool.
Speaker 2: That was a good show for sure. DeMars, I just have to find like Hose and she's there. Well, they're gonna be at the Summer Walker show for sure.
Speaker 4: All the holes, the last hole you had me around I.
Speaker 2: Could have did without. Oh yeah, oh god, look, Oh mar did I ever tell you about that? I never told me all about him.
Speaker 3: Never tell me about the Hose. Baby was there there, he was there, there, I was there with the whole.
Speaker 2: Patreon patren not not like a whole I was like fucking or anything, you know, a whore. Yes, you know that just makes every situation annoying. Yeah, we went.
Speaker 4: To Leon Thomas together. We had a good time, so we can go the third Wheel there.
Speaker 2: Do you guys ever have that anxiety of when you're the one inviting people to events that you events you can't even control. Mm hmm, Like I hope everything is smooth. I hope everything is cool.
Speaker 4: That's why I don't bring anybody to events with me unless we're really really close, like for example that was my boyfriend at the time, or like Alex. I can't bring like because like looking like you. I don't want to make it seem like I'm the plug and I'm not the plug and shit and I plugging in't not even just that just like not.
Speaker 3: That just not plugging it just.
Speaker 2: More so like is it gonna be cool? We're all old? Like do we have a spot to sit? That's the number one thing. Do we have a spot to set? Are we comfortable? Yeah? It's less about the plug shit, just is it going to be a good experience?
Speaker 4: My biggest fear is somebody giving me tickets to something and I go and they like, you ain't man on a list. Hmmmmm, that's very embarrassing. And I got somebody with me. That's so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: That felt like it was gonna happen to me. When I went to go see Usher, Oh, but I was just at the wrong gate. I walked up there was like, no, we ain't got I was like, y, don't play with me like that.
Speaker 2: You got a girl with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my hole, they don't play with me like that. And then I hit JD. He was like, nah, they said this at the other gate. So I had to go like walk around the other side.
Speaker 4: That's how it was with and the crazy shit is I had two sets of tickets for Atlanta one Music Fest and that line was around the corner. I walked all the way to the front of the line. I was like immediate. It was like, well, you're not on the list. I said, man, call somebody. I start naming names. I got my tea not.
Speaker 3: Being on the list, and you walk in it's people standing behind you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they know they on the list.
Speaker 3: That's the worst.
Speaker 2: Now you got to fake standing on the side and start texting you. That shit is so embarrassing. I'll go the fuck home pretending you're on the phone. Yeah, yeah, but I'm talking to Bryon to the person system.
Speaker 4: The computer system was down at one music fest and that's why. But I'm like, y'all gonna get somebody on this spot. I had to start and like Rory, I was like, y'are gonna get somebody on his phone.
Speaker 2: I think I texted Rory too. I was the one that got you the past flush. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of my concerts. I didn't go to Bryson Chris.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I had to FaceTime you with the ticket person and show your passport. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wasn't doing that. I literally got dressed. It was it was thunderstorm and I think that yeah, and I had got dressed and I put I'm so weird. I spray cologne and I was like, yo, I just put colone on to go see a nigga on stage. Yeah, but it was still.
Speaker 2: Just fell on helone before I come here, Like, I don't know, just it's part of a routine. Baby said, you don't give a funk. I smell like, yeah, but you gotta you know I do.
Speaker 4: I don't want you to smell like wet dog. So please put like.
Speaker 2: Some and I ever smelled like wet dog? No, because you put perview.
Speaker 3: Man, he's white. You smelled like wet dog before. That's just your.
Speaker 2: Top of the head and ain't even enough hair for that. Yeah. This with the Scout, it's the Scout skin.
Speaker 3: It's your skin.
Speaker 1: But I.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's Mabel over here. It's the skin. Don't wear black without the blue or whatever that shit used to be cool? Oh? Man, No, but seriously, I don't. I don't smell like a what dog? No, but like no, but really I don't. Okay, he should believe you, but I don't. Oh do we have voicemails? Guy, Yes, we do.
Speaker 5: SpongeBob bou smell, but unlimited talk texting that you've got male.
Speaker 2: And the best snap as one can find.
Speaker 7: Four. I'm hearing Rory talking about the kid Cutti Jim Jones debate. And he don't say I forgot the time period he just said, but he just said New York radio ran fifty space.
Speaker 1: You lost your fucking minup New York. He never ran the fucking radio.
Speaker 7: In Texas, like fucking ever, never ever, ever have we based our listening off of fucking New York radio.
Speaker 1: Let's get this ship straight.
Speaker 7: We always play our artists down here, always, yeah, always period.
Speaker 1: That's why all our artists signed. They come in there with a milli empo.
Speaker 7: He signed, Paul Wall, Mike Joe Pole, Switch House well millionaires when he signed they deal.
Speaker 1: Go listen to I'm so happy every thing was name right now, he said something with the Mann before I signed. All our artists right now are still.
Speaker 7: Millionaires because it's down here.
Speaker 1: We listen to you want to Boushi and waveb are big because of down South. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I only know them for fucking wipe me down. Like I remember Busha got out on the Hot, Hot and the Deeper gonna say, well, we know it, wipe it down.
Speaker 1: So what's songs that people listen to and we're like, what the listening to? Talk about your legend down here? Yeah? They never ran the fucking radio in the South ever.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. I completely agree with everything this gentleman just said. I don't disagree with one one thing that he said. I also think Millionaire and Paul Wall were amazing entrepreneurs that were millionaires because they were selling out their trunk before any record really hit. I think he misunderstood what I was saying as far as New York radio with program directors and major markets of things being proven when it comes to records that got as big as Day and Night are I am not saying that New York Music ever controlled anything in the South. We were just talking about prom and I said in two thousand and eight, the South was running everything at that time. I am not saying that New York and Music controlled anything that was playing on Southern radio. I'm saying with records pop records that were like Day and Night, it came from a hip hop space. But that is a poper No. That shit is a classic pop record for sure, the most major market and where all the radio execs, label execs, everyone that got shit moving and could really press a button at that time because internet was still the Internet. Don't get me wrong, but Oha, I saw a lot of people on Twitter killing me in the comments of that of like, we didn't listen to Hot ninety seven in two thousand and eight, cool if you didn't. I didn't either. I had a iPod. I wasn't really listening to Hot like that. But you're very naive if you think radio still matters in twenty twenty six. You don't think it mattered in two thousand and eight. Radio really mattered at that time, and where every radio exec was at, where every label exec was in New York City, which made it have even more purpose at that time. That's what I was saying. As far as the trajectory of anything that happened, I'm not saying that there wasn't mix show shit with Houston DJs that didn't make Paul wall in Chamelion are pot. Of course, the South has always had better radio. Anytime I've traveled, I don't mind sitting on the Uber and listening to the radio. South DJ's the smoking rs up here. They played fucking amazing music. They play local shit. I love what the South does. But as far as that radio rotation with those hit records TI, I'll tell you, you got to go to New York at the toime t I was trying to pop. You had to go to New York to get your shit really in rotation around the country because syndication started a few blocks from here at iHeartRadio, Syndication started in New York City. So I understand what this gentleman is saying. He completely missed my point, which is probably my fault for not articulating it correctly. But I'm not talking about New York music. I don't think Jim Jones Day and Night Remix played in Houston. I don't think that at all. I'm saying a lot of decisions that were being made, the pulse of New York mattered at that time with what was going on and what was working because those people were living in New York City. It's action, it's a fact. It's not even really a debate.
Speaker 3: I always tell a story about seeing Future in Sin City when he was working as Tony Montana record. Never heard the record before that. In Sin City one night, see this skinny, tall guy with dreads jumping up and he's the only one that knows the words.
Speaker 2: But it was catchy. Me and my homeboy Leaf Sin City.
Speaker 3: We saw rhyming Tony Montan with everything about to go get some food, Tony Montana, get some pizza whatever. Everything was twenty mon ten, and then two days later heard it on the radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I also want to be very clear that I'm not saying that even in two thousand and eight, radio execs or major label execs were the most important fucking people. At the end of the day, what Houston does on an independent level is so admirable. What New Orleans has always done on an independent level. The streets made all those records hot, and then the execs had to catch up. But I'm saying a record like Dan Knight in that pop world, you do need a little bit of a push button from major radio and major labels that were in major markets in bed together at that time. And iHeartMedia, which was also whether you were saying one of six hot ninety seven obviously isn't part of that. But syndication matters. Syndication starts in New York City. Yeah, it's just a fact based off the people pushing buttons starts here. It's not what y'all were doing. I don't think New York City had anything to do with Paul Wall Camellionaire, fucking cash money, none of that shit. To pop and Kit Cutty, day and night would have been day and night. It was clipped up thanks Page, day and night would have been day and night. I know a lot of people just watch the clips and not watch the full thing. I'm not saying that Jim Jones made fucking day and night work. I'm just talking about people that worked in the city made the decisions at that time, and New York was prevalent behind the scenes, even with Southern music at that time. But y'all, no, I'm never given New York credit for Paul Wall or Chamellion, Like, come on, what are we talking about.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that, Matthew. Thank you for getting Rory right, getting him together.
Speaker 2: He got you together real quick, made you explain yourself. If it wasn't patpoos, I don't think sitting sideways would even be what it is right now. Oh man, all right, well we're going to Patreon. That we are.
Speaker 3: We got more energy for Patreon.
Speaker 2: We're good. I'm ready to do. All right, Well, we'll talk to y'all soon. Be safe, be blessed. I'm knitting. He's just p