Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and that's what you really miss podcasts. Ask me anything. Addition, it's back again, folks. Here we are.
Speaker 2: Look, we can't get enough. We just keep doing this because we have so much fun and these questions are getting more and more creative.
Speaker 1: Let's just get into it. Let's just go Jenna, Okay, okay, okay, okay. Oh what Taylor Swift era would your characters be in?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think mine would be nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 1: I feel like Tina would be in a bad reputation or reputation rather Yeah, I'm thinking of bad reputation like the episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yes, Jenna, will you let Emma watch Glee at a young age if she asked.
Speaker 1: Not a young age. I'll let her watch the music videos that younger age. But the show she's gonna have to wait a second. So weird. How many months of total was Kevin sick over the entire sy?
Speaker 2: We can't do that math a.
Speaker 1: Lot a lot most of the time. Do y'all have awkward moments watching with your spouses? I will say it is weird to be like making out with Harry, and I'm like, David's watching not because it's weird, it's acting. But I don't think David seen a lot of my work where I'm making out with people. So it's like, and you guys make out a lot, Harry and I, yeah a lot.
Speaker 2: Has David said anything about it?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, he doesn't care. But I'm just always like, there I am again making out. It's weird to watch you guys make out, right, it feels like watching yes, exactly, like watching any of every like it's all weird. We'd always laugh before we kissed. We're like like kids.
Speaker 2: It's so silly. Which current songs would you want your characters to sing?
Speaker 1: Oh? My, Taylor Swift, I'm thinking anti hero. Oh yeah, what about you?
Speaker 2: I think it would have been fun to do Flowers by Miley Cyrus.
Speaker 1: We definitely would have done that. Yeah, oh gosh.
Speaker 2: I would have liked to have done that. Jenna, can you cry on the spot?
Speaker 1: I mean I did for six years?
Speaker 2: You still got it.
Speaker 1: I probably could. Honestly, I cried anything now, I think since I was born, okay, crying just about anything that's sweet, just emotional, softy. I feel like I don't know you guys can tell me, but you become a mom and you just become a full softie. Become a softie.
Speaker 2: It's nice.
Speaker 1: My cold black heart has has melted slightly. Yeah, probably I could probably start worry. Did you read fan fiction when you were on the show? You did, Kevin right.
Speaker 2: Look, I know. I accidentally started to once and it was it was about me and Chris in real life, and that freaked me out, and it was it was graphic, very sexual, and I it's like one of those things you know when you have a dream about somebody and then you see them, whether if it's like an I can't And so then I felt weird, like knowing having this information and then seeing Chris. So I stopped myself. I was like, this is only gonna get worse. I don't want to know. And the thin, tidy.
Speaker 1: White He's like, I don't know. Oh no, no, no, no, oh no no no. If you plan a glee club lesson what would you do it on?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I would literally do it on whatever topic was in my head on the day, like mister Shoe.
Speaker 2: I mean, not to be redundant. I would probably do it on renaissance by people.
Speaker 1: But you have Now you have to give me the mister shoe spiel on why.
Speaker 2: Because it's a celebration of queer culture, specifically black and brown queer people in the ballroom scene. And also how it's a tribute and she used samples from people that were actually in the community of the era. It's a whole body of work in a different way that I don't think people DJs do it a lot. I don't think pop artists do it a lot. And I think people also in today's day and age, they think they know something about music. Give her a lot of flat or like there's eighty writers on a song, Like yes, sometimes that's a valid thing to point out, not when she's being intentional about referencing the community she's paying tribute to, not worried about songwriting credits for herself, worried about making a album that is truly reflective in the appropriate ways and respectful. That's what it would be about. Now, get to work, good club, Yeah, figure it out, make it work. Did you ever want to quit the show?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, maybe there's moments. There were moments where you think about what if I wasn't on this show, Like what if I wasn't doing this right now. But if it like push came to shove and you really had to quit the show, I don't care to do it.
Speaker 2: This is a good question, Okay. Have you ever listened to the voices of your characters and the other dubbed languages?
Speaker 1: No, that's creepy.
Speaker 2: I think I tried when I was in Brazil. I think I did watch a little bit of it in Portuguese. Weird, It's very strange. I don't know how people do it, like the voice actors who go in there and dub I don't know how.
Speaker 1: It's amazing, really amazing.
Speaker 2: It's such a skill.
Speaker 1: I remember them telling us that Glee was dubbed in forty different languages. I didn't even know there were forty different languages, do you know what I mean? Just the ignorant bish over here, like forty language.
Speaker 2: The more we do this, the more we're just revealing how stupid we are.
Speaker 1: Language is a lot of languages, languages. If you asked me to name forty languages, I couldn't do it. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: A lot of the time, though, just like name a country and then their language. But that's unfair.
Speaker 1: Jetta.
Speaker 2: Well, it is what it is logical.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, here's a question from a previous asked me anything that I don't think we actually addressed, which I talked to Ian Brennan about what time is Glee Club day?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: So Glee Club was in school? Was it was a class during school because when Ian was in his club, it was during school, and then there was an after school one as well. I was in the after school one that I was in at night. It was at like a five o'clock to seven o'clock thing. Yeah. But yeah, our Glee Club New Directions was in school because the bell rings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a bell.
Speaker 1: We have backpacks, We've got the whole thing going.
Speaker 2: Who made everyone laughed the most?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I would probably say Naya me personally, Nya or Jama really yeah, only because I did have that storyline right where we directed together, and I was around her every day for like two weeks and it was revealed to me that she is just a comedian. It's just brilliant, so funny.
Speaker 1: I think I would say Jane Jane. It's just such an iconic, unique humor in her delivery.
Speaker 2: I think Jane in character made me laugh the most nya like outside of character just in life.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe, yes, so witty and funny. We don't get a lot of tardy duets. What song would be your dream tardy duet? Oh? Man, I have to say we did do some pretty duets. We didn't do a lot of them, but I think Whenever I Call You Friend was one of my favorites. Or Breakaway, even though it's a trio. Don't get me started.
Speaker 2: You know I'm a sucker for Breakaway.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I mean it's something about taking songs that aren't necessarily duets to begin with and making them duets. So I mean I'll sing anything with you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Instead of a reboot, would you say yes to release sing a Glee cast album with new covers?
Speaker 1: That's fun? Yes? Kids Bop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be so much fun.
Speaker 1: Kids Bop forty three.
Speaker 2: We just got together every year and just put out new music as the Glee Club.
Speaker 1: Make Amber do it.
Speaker 2: Just somebody called Adam, somebody called Amber and Ryan and let's just do it along with that.
Speaker 1: Let's there's somebody else said, let's stop the reboot talk and talk about a glee concert with the Ogs. What do you think and into it.
Speaker 2: I will say somebody in a glee group chat that I don't think you're in Jenna, what because I can't say who it was. Okay, it was somebody specific. It's nobody keeping you out like you wouldn't be a part in anyway. They were like, we should do like concerts. Somebody did bring it up, okay, but the other person I were like, I just don't know. I don't know. I think an album would be easier. I think the issue is with the concerts. It's unfortunately so many people have passed away that it's hard to do some of those older songs without everyone being able to be there to do it right. Kevin, do you think you can still move around in your chair like you did in the show? I think I could.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it may take a day to get back in it, but I think I could.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I'm curious, Well, this should just put you at your house, Jenna. When I came over this week, something's gonna have to give you up those stairs though.
Speaker 1: It's gonna I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: My house is not is not wheelchair accessible.
Speaker 1: No, not not right now. But I did have to put in railings because of David's knee surgery because he was uncroscious for so long.
Speaker 2: If something ever happens to you want Jenna to be the one to make all the decisions. Because Jenna had that railing up in that house overnight. It's like, Oh, David's going to knee surgery railing. I don't even know where do you get a railing? Where do you find someone to install a railing?
Speaker 1: I have a welder?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but who has a welder?
Speaker 1: I pulled those images off of Google Eva. I was like, could you wake something like this? But I just didn't. So I could see him falling backwards with the crutches on the stairs that had no railing. It just looked like a disaster waiting to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it looks beautiful.
Speaker 1: Are you enjoying rewatching these episodes more or less than you expected?
Speaker 2: Way more mouth mouths? Yeah, Yeah, especially when you do have sort of false memories about either what happened in the episode or how you feel about the episode. So being able to create a new feeling about some of these episodes has been really special.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The reframe is good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're y'all close with Brad the piano player and the rest of the band.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, we John Monk, who is was the drummer since the pilot way till the end.
Speaker 2: In the band, we had a lot of the same band the whole time.
Speaker 1: We did have a lot of the same band. I've stayed in touch with John. That's that's the reason why I mentioned him. He DJ'd our wedding. Yeah, he DJ'd every Snicksmiss Naya put him in a tree.
Speaker 2: I mean we were all like when we say we were all family as still are. That includes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brad Ellis before the we'll have him on the show. Yeah, we were had brat We were friends with Brad or like, worked with Brad before we even started shooting the pilot. He took us to lunch.
Speaker 2: He was the first person actually that we really worked with worked with yep, so weird, wild like he was in there in the auditions for me, for all of us actually, because he was there in the test. He was Yeah, he played the piano.
Speaker 1: Okay, I only met him then. He wasn't there for obviously the rest of my auditions because I had a New York I was in New York.
Speaker 2: But he was there on my callback because we had rehearsal time and it was great.
Speaker 1: I remember having great in the test and I was like, that's a good piano player.
Speaker 2: He's a great piano player, knows his ship and is also just the nicest person.
Speaker 1: He accompanied Amber in her last performance she recorded for Snix Meus two years ago.
Speaker 2: It was two years ago.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh my gosh, she feels like yesterday.
Speaker 2: The craziest tour story.
Speaker 1: Oh god, when I peed in a bucket, I mean, yeah, that was the bod was. If you don't know that story, you don't know who I am. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I think we've talked about a lot of the crazy tour stories randomly. I think Mousterpiece Theater for my birthday was crazy.
Speaker 1: Lots of sexy buss dancing. I have photos of like people fitting in like the overhead comarms.
Speaker 2: We were very small.
Speaker 1: Thomas Ustenko our private jet.
Speaker 2: Us sneaking out of the hotel we were supposed to be staying in Toronto and secretly got a new hotel.
Speaker 1: That was bad, but it was one of the funnest nights of our tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's very fun.
Speaker 1: That pool, Oh, that pool was so sexy.
Speaker 2: I have a picture of you and Amber sitting at the bar hotel.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Oh that was so fun. What a fun night.
Speaker 2: That was wild because we had people like fans running up and down the hallways.
Speaker 1: Knocking on doors, leaving notes under our door where we were supposed to sleep, which was like usually everything else was like really controlled on tour, but this one, some journalists posted where we were staying and the fans. It didn't a lot of the hotels like you needed a key card to get up to a certain floor. This you could just like it was a free for all. And so fans were all over the lobby, all out front, like outside of the front of the hotel. It was still dead that it was like it was like, I'm not comfortable sleeping in my room today, you know.
Speaker 2: They put up barricades around the hotel.
Speaker 1: That's right. And so we snuck out and we on our own dime paid for our hotel and it was five of us, right, Yeah? Was it Amber, Leah, Corey, Chris, Me and you or Corey not Chris. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Chris did it.
Speaker 1: I feel like Chris was with us.
Speaker 2: I think you're right, did and I don't think Maybe I didn't end up sleeping there.
Speaker 1: What do I bag?
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I think maybe I shared a room with Amber?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you did. I think did christ and ambershire room? And you share a room with Leah? Okay, I'm glad that we could discover all of you.
Speaker 1: Would either of you want to be a Warbler?
Speaker 2: Sure? For show?
Speaker 1: Those songs are great and those outfits are cute.
Speaker 2: What was it like for you filming when some of the cast was in New York and you were in Ohio? It definitely felt weird. It felt like a different shows. We sho didn't see anyone well.
Speaker 1: And then sometimes they'd be shooting on the other stages just down the way, like in the in their apartment, and you'd like see each other, like you'd see Anam Lambert and Demi Levado and You're like, this is so weird, what's going on over there?
Speaker 2: I still will never get over that I didn't meet Whoopee.
Speaker 1: You never met Woof.
Speaker 2: I've been in two TV shows with her, I've never met her.
Speaker 1: Oh she's the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I hear.
Speaker 1: I mean I met Kate Hudson maybe once.
Speaker 2: I did spend a lot more time with Kate Hudson.
Speaker 1: See and I never met Sarah Jiska Parker.
Speaker 2: Neither did I very sad.
Speaker 1: I hear she was great but very sad, and it gets to meet.
Speaker 2: Her overrated Glee song. I mean, I don't know if that's overrated. It's not rated.
Speaker 1: People. Some would say it's very underrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. I won't say don't stop overrated because I think what it meant like at the time to us in the show and everything was great. Yeah, we're just a little sick of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. What reality show would you go on? And why? Why would you win? Well, my reality show wouldn't be a competition show. It would be rules.
Speaker 2: Okay, what would you like to do? Like would you stir the pot? What what happens?
Speaker 1: Listen? I think I would start the part because you know, it's a TV show, Like you know, some people think it's real life, but it's a TV show. I'm going to give you a good.
Speaker 2: TV I also think you'd be a good host of like a Bachelor Bachelorette type show. I would love that because you love them and you know it so well. I think.
Speaker 1: Have to really be a big fan of love though to do that, you hate love. No, I don't hate love. I just don't know that I believe that these people are. Yeah, but also isn't it just like it's sure? I do with I would love to be It's the Bachelor. I haven't watched it in a while. Our friend Sarah Highland is the host of Love Island. Is she yes slaying?
Speaker 2: I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's the laying.
Speaker 2: Do you have a favorite group number?
Speaker 1: Empire State mind? Not the Glee version that we did on the show. The version, Oh, it's a version we did on the show. I can't see those shirts, those tourist shirts, they are actually tourist shirts. I can't but those Glee jackets. Where's that Glee jacket? I want that jacket. I want that That's the jacket that I wanted.
Speaker 2: Why didn't we keep it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We're dumb, are so dumb?
Speaker 2: Damn my favorite. I will say this is different for but I lived our last group number I was on my I like that. One's still very hard to watch. It's very emotional, very emotional day. It was very much it's as like my favorite number, but it's obviously so special because everybody, everybody's there, everybody's there, and I remember all of it so vividly. It's imprinted in my mind, that white and red. Yeah, and the recording of it, all of it.
Speaker 1: I just well, we shot also we had that certain the like the festival that day on the lot the last day, and we had those Glee jackets they gave us that they made for us, the like windbreakers that we were all wearing, and we took put photos under that banner that they had in the arch street like congrats on six years or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh man, do you all understand how iconic the Glee Smooth Criminal cover is?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, obviously phenomenal. Loved that that version happened. So cool, It was so cool. Wow, love that one. What was the hardest dance to learn on the show? I feel like just the ear it was the harder everything was. Everything just took longer. I had a really hard time with Somebody to love for some really, Yeah, because it was there's a lot of backgrounds and a lot of just like random movement, MM and I have one. It doesn't really go with the lyrics. It was harder for me to I don't know why. It's one of the like sometimes it just doesn't click for you and Somebody to Love never clicked for me.
Speaker 1: Well my swaying are swaying in the Christmas episode? Number one can't see it, but number two keep holding on.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could not get it. And this one had to be like in sync together or else it wouldn't have looked right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's not one of the freeform rock out ones that like just works because you're messy. And I remember like yelling like the accountants in at Us, because like it was like, people's just get it. It's very hard. And then we did do it again. You remember we did it a second time, like another day. No, we did the number again. We did the number twice.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot about that completely.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I blocked It's how we deal with things. I blocked it out. You can't stop thinking about it. Yeah, And that is how different people process trauma.
Speaker 1: And that's asked me anything. No, that was really fun. Always always a good time. Thank you for writing in.
Speaker 2: What a Joy. We'll keep it moving. We'll do some more of these. Get creative with the questions. That's dive deep. Ye. Thanks for joining us. Thanks for submitting your questions. That's what you really.
Speaker 1: Missed, See you next time.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, and follow us on Instagram at and That's what you really miss pod and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.