Speaker 1: It's the best Bitch of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Part two, she's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 3: It's best Bits time and hopefully you are here because you're catching up on the Bobby Bone Show this week, which is awesome. We love that you're listening and I'm really happy to have you here on a Saturday, Sunday or whenever you decide to listen to this.
Speaker 1: I'm just really glad you're here.
Speaker 3: Make sure you check out Part one Part three This weekend with Amy, it's always some fun girl talk. On part one, we talked about her trip, coming up with her boyfriend, and also a shedding season she's kind of in right now, also tongue Twister shedding season. And also I had a foster puppy this week which was really fun and also overwhelming. And then part three we answered listener questions as always, But now the reason you're here, let's get into the show from this week. Ever heard of boomer asking, well, you probably do it and you just don't know it, Because naturally we love to talk about things that are happening in our lives, and that's kind of where this statement new word phrasing came from. So the show did a segment all about boomer asking and everybody got to choose their boomer asking topic.
Speaker 4: Number seven called boomer asking, it's when you ask a question just so you can talk about yourself. You don't even really ask anybody else, so you get to you basically ask a questions out loud to yourself and then you answer it. Oh so it's like a boomerang, yeah boom.
Speaker 5: They could throw it out there but it comes back.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Like you you don't even have a chance to answer it. It's like you're just asking. It's it's like, hey, so how would your vacation because mine was great. I'm telling you we went to You didn't even give a chance to ask or be like, hey, so, how how's work? Because let me take about mine? It is that's boomer asking. So I like, let's all boomer ask. Okay, something here? Do you want to go first? Do you have a boomer ask?
Speaker 6: I do, but I kind of feel like I want to see another example before I can go first.
Speaker 4: No, you're excited about the game tonight, I am, because look, Arkansas's playing text attacks and I it's awesome. Sweet sixteen they're they're playing Who You don't talk back. I just talked. I can't questions because you got the question. I boomered it back to me. Yeah, I just take over and you're just like wait, yeah, like I asked a question and then you just are like, well, I didn't even get to talk.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I'm going to wedge my way in there.
Speaker 4: Trust me. I just saw it. Then tonight, Sweet sixteen, they're playing Texas Tech. The game is not till nine o'clock PM, which really stinks, but in San Francisco, so it's their two hours back. It's only seven there, but it's super cool. A little a little nervous about it, but I'll come in tomorrow, probably cranky, but yeah, so I'm really excited about that game. Yeah so you are too. I guess I didn't really ask you to come back. I need for a wedge. Okay, yeah you try. You got me. You try to kick me off a little bit there, well.
Speaker 6: Because I thought, I, yeah, I didn't know if you can kind of get your way in there and take it back.
Speaker 4: But like you asked the question, we're not having a land battle. We're not Eddie. You want to do a boomengh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got one.
Speaker 4: Asked me a question.
Speaker 8: Well, some mine's for Amy though, because Amy just had a birthday? Amy, how was your birthday?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: My gosh, mine was awesome. I got so many texts from people. I guess I have a lot of friends because they texted me all day and calls people that I haven't heard from in a while.
Speaker 7: I happy birthday. Gosh, it was awesome.
Speaker 6: Now I didn't I got a number, and I didn't really give it to that many people missing.
Speaker 4: But you know what, I'm not supposed to. She has decided into all this there.
Speaker 6: Whoever has my old phone number? I think it's so much kid, No, no, no, they're annoyed. They are annoyed like they they ended up on a family group text or something and they were it was not Amy's number anymore. And then that's what you know. We've been talking about Walker Hayes doing my theme song. He was originally texting my old number.
Speaker 4: And ADHD it's not boomerang. She didn't want Yeah finished that. She didn't mean to go ahead?
Speaker 1: Did you hear?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: Loker Hayes is doing my jingle.
Speaker 6: So he was texting that old number and the kid replied back, because then he has a golf tournament coming up and he's inviting me to do that. And the kid's like, stop texting me. This isn't amy, And Walker thought I was just joking with him. He's like, Oh, come on, you don't even have to play, you can just putt. And he's like, if you don't texting me, I'm a minor, I'm gonna call the cops.
Speaker 5: And so Walker was like, Okay, I saw.
Speaker 4: That's muomerask. She didn't mean to, though, I think that's just how she talked. She was just talking lunch. So is that hers or does she have no nine? That's hers? Please God, Yes, that's hers. You're up? And what do you got going on this weekend?
Speaker 9: Let me tell you, I got no free time this weekend because my kids. Every kid has a birthday party every weekend. We have three birthday parties on the books. This weekend. We have baseball practice, a baseball game, and three birthday parties.
Speaker 4: When do I get any time to just sit down.
Speaker 9: My wife's always like we should spend time at home, but nope, we got all these birthday parties.
Speaker 4: Yay. Another trampoline park. Can't wait for the German Festive Week. And at the end I even forgot to asked the question, so we just move on to something else there. So that's boomer asking. And what Amy was doing was being Amy what yeah, yeah, putting up roadblocks. That was crazy. Taking over control. I heard you were taking over control in the building.
Speaker 3: Somebody.
Speaker 4: You're like bossing people around around here? What like you like own the place? Is what I heard?
Speaker 6: Okay, Edith, is this.
Speaker 8: I didn't say anything, but I did hear though that Amy was arguing with an executive in the building really loudly.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe she was boomer asking.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: You know what that had to do with Bobby. You already know because I was talking about it, and I didn't argue.
Speaker 4: No, I was again, oh my, okay. So that's what boomer asking is. Everybody.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: There are some listeners out there that are big fans of Tuesday Reviews Day, where we review.
Speaker 1: Recent TV shows, movies that we've seen.
Speaker 3: And maybe you want to watch them, maybe you don't, but that's what this whole segment is about. Also, you can find all the previous ones. I've loaded them into a blog on our page. If you go to Bobby Bones dot com, I'm going to do this right now. I'm telling you, guys, so I can give you step by step instructions. Bobbybones dot com. You'll see a little tad that says show news, and you click on that and you'll see Tuesday Reviewsday and the drop down menu and all of our ones from Tuesday Reviews Day are there in case you've ever missed sitting or couldn't write it down because you're listening in your car. So if you hear these right now, you're like, ooh, that sounds good, but I'll forget go check this out on our website.
Speaker 4: Number six, you guys want to do Tuesday Reviews Day, I have a lot, so I'll wait to do some of them on the second show that we do later on the podcast. I can do Severance because I finished it and we all's finish it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I finish it.
Speaker 4: By the way, I want to say this about Severance. Season one's five out of five. I have very few five out of five in my life. I might have two or three five out of five's ever in the history. So Season one of Severance was five out of five. For me. Season two, I'm given three out of five. They were just they would just throw stupid layers at you and without clearing other layers up, and then be like you don't understand what you must be stupid, and I'm like, well, I guess I am. And then and then people on TikTok would shame you. If you don't think that's the greatest season ever, then you're stupid and like, dang, why are people calling me stupid? Yeah? Eh, it's over. That's a good thing. It felt like it's homework watching it.
Speaker 5: I gave episode one and two a try, but.
Speaker 4: I was, yeah, I was disappointed. I guess because I'm stupid. So I give that three out of five computer screens. Are you gonna do that one? Morgan?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do go and do that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm like you, I really liked season one. I was excited to see where season two was gonna go, and I was just hoping season two was gonna at some point turn a corner.
Speaker 1: And it never did. The very very end was like a cool moment. But besides that, it kind of sucks.
Speaker 3: To your point, it felt like homework. I didn't want to watch the episodes, but I had to. I was committed, So I'm also I would even potentially go lower two point five out of five numbers.
Speaker 4: Do you think there's any chance that we're stupid?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I can't, Okay, just making sure. I did watch The Conclave, the movie about the popes. Anybody watch it? Oh, yeah, that's a good movie. A movie or a documentary. It's a movie and so John litzgals it's about. So what's crazy is it's kind of almost happening now because the pope's sick, and so whenever they have to hire pick a new pope, you know, they sequester everybody and they vote, and when they don't have it after a day, they put black smoke up and when they finally do, it's white smoke, and the new pope comes out. So, if you've not learned that story, this actually teaches a little bit of it. But I've seen a couple of movies and documentaries about that. But this has a few really famous people in it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Ray Fines, who's also Vouldedmoreton. Harry Potter is the main person. Oh I never watched that, but I didn't know that guy.
Speaker 4: I know. I watch it on a flight. I give it four and a half out of five. Wow, popacies? Really? What about that's like your that's what he does? It's this popacy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they found a way to make a movie about people writing things on a piece of paper and putting him into a like a thing like so entertaining and so crazy.
Speaker 4: I'm not Catholic.
Speaker 10: I am Catholic, and I was like, this brings back a lot of memories you were, you were up for pope. Yeah, this is exactly how they do it. So I'm four and a half out of five. I'm not moving mic though my taste is not the same as yours. I feel like you have a refined taste.
Speaker 4: What do you think? I also gave it four and a half out of five. Isn't awesome?
Speaker 10: It should have been one for Best Picture. It was up for Best Picture, oh recount.
Speaker 4: Hmmm.
Speaker 7: See.
Speaker 8: I thought like it was a bad movie about Catholic church just from watching like, you know, little scenes of the Academy Awards, because I didn't know it was about Pope electing the Pope.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's good ord. I mean, I think it tries to depict I don't want to say too much. I don't want I don't want to do an amy Okay spoilers, Yeah, yeah, I don't think it was now. I was just describing the process. It's just the process that you can have a problem with the process.
Speaker 10: It's the side of the process that you had no idea about, which is like, oh, this is.
Speaker 4: Wild unless you've like watched a documentary something, because it's political. It's voting. People come in from all all the country, all the cardinals from all the countries come in and they vote, and then there's there's politic and b that's crazy. Yeah two five to five. Huh. I loved it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Just the music in it too.
Speaker 10: It makes it feel like a horror movie, but it's like it's not a horror movie.
Speaker 4: I finished and was like, I'm moved by this. Anything else you watched?
Speaker 10: I watched the new snow White movie in theaters?
Speaker 4: Oh is it good?
Speaker 10: You know how sometimes they make Disney movies that adults also enjoy. This is not the case unless they're like a really really, he's like, come along kids. It was one of the first times I felt uncomfortable in the theater, like I shouldn't be here.
Speaker 4: Oh that's not good.
Speaker 10: And the act was really bad. I know sometimes you say, why shouldn't you be there? Because it's like for I would say four to three year Oh it is for it's only for yeah, because the acting is so bad that I think only a kid would enjoy it.
Speaker 4: I can't tell bad acting, though.
Speaker 10: What I think if you watch this you could galagat Dad, who plays Wonder Woman is the evil step mom and her performance is just so like, how did they approve this?
Speaker 4: She's just like yelling.
Speaker 10: It sounds like she just read a line right before she got on camera and is yelling it into the camera and that's what they used.
Speaker 4: Is she, in your mind? Traditionally a good actor? Though? Yeah, Wonder Woman's great. Huh? And isn't the main girl played snow White like a Broadway star? Yeah? Rachel Zegler, huh. Oh Okay, let's do one more. We'll do the rest on the second show. Amy, do you have anything I did?
Speaker 6: I watch The Covenant on Amazon Prime as a movie.
Speaker 5: It's a a guy ritchie movie. Ja Jillenhall's in it. I had not ever even heard of it.
Speaker 6: I was just flipping through and I was like, Okay, this looks interesting, but it's about let me pull up IMDb because I don't want to.
Speaker 4: For those that are wondering why she's doing that, it's not because she's not prepared and she has spoiled so many movies even by accident, that she wants to be safe. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Actually this is literally from IMDb. During the war in Afghanistan, a local interpreter risks his own life to carry an injured sergeant across miles of grueling terrain.
Speaker 4: That sounds good. What do you write it?
Speaker 5: I g it three out of five stars.
Speaker 6: Oh really, it is really good, but I do think the miles of grueling terrain went on for a little too long.
Speaker 4: Be careful. She's using the same word be careful the rest on the second show.
Speaker 5: Three out of five interpreters.
Speaker 4: Three out of five interpreters.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: Sometimes there's many things to be thankful for. And I don't mean many like a lot. I mean many as a little, little small things, which is why Amy suggested we do micro gratitudes from our lives. Lately, everybody shared something small that's happened in their life and they're really happy for. And I kind of got ridiculed for mine. And so I panicked and you'll see what happened.
Speaker 4: Number five micro gratitudes, don't get too deep. Give me some little thankful for today. Amy.
Speaker 6: I'm thankful for some cute new reader glasses, and I haven't put them on yet because I've been a little nervous about what y'all are going to say.
Speaker 4: You have them with you? I do, Okay, we will judge you. I know, Okay, but we're ready. Okay, you're gonna start wearing warm up. None figured it's.
Speaker 6: Mostly for small print. It should be fine. But if you need me to read something, I gotta go like this. And I know you'll make fun of Eddie's on YouTube, but because he goes.
Speaker 5: Like this with someone's news.
Speaker 4: Can I say something that you posted on your Instagram story. I don't don't put them on yet, Oh can I want to? I would like to reflect on something you posted on your Instagram story that I could not have agreed with more. When you posted you know who your friends are by the people who make fun of you the most. It was something because people at times will be like, you're so hard on Eddie, or they're so hard on Amy, or so Bobby and guys if we didn't have the relationship where that could happen. It would not happen. So get ready, so get ready to go hard. I don't like him. Years are terrible though. Why it's the way you wear a terrible You read them. You don't have to mind. You don't have to wear those amy.
Speaker 5: And go, hey, guys, I got that's my headphones.
Speaker 4: They're like those look like regular glass. No they're no, they're like like eighties, they're like eightiators. But like, you look great?
Speaker 5: Are these okay?
Speaker 4: They're excellent? I wish I could make fun of you. Nothing nothing I wish more than to make fun of you right now.
Speaker 5: I saw some girls posting them on Instagram, and I was like, I think I can do that.
Speaker 4: Consider yourself positively influenced because I was look good earn this way.
Speaker 5: I'm scared to look at He's going to make fun of me.
Speaker 4: You do look like Jeffrey Dahmer from the Netflix series Uniform.
Speaker 2: No but no, no, but that already.
Speaker 5: Oh no, person, Jeffrey Dahmer.
Speaker 4: I can't wear them, Yes, you can't.
Speaker 5: Said they had thirty days.
Speaker 4: They don't look good on him, but on you, they look great, and you're not Jeffrey Dahmer. You're good, Okay, one question and we'll move on. Have you eaten any humans lately?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Not yet? Good? Then are they called the Dohmers?
Speaker 6: It is warby Parker where they have names for all their glasses. That would be scary.
Speaker 4: Plus, I hope you take a picture and put them online. We'll put them Bobby Bone Show Instagram. You look great, okay. Micro gratitude gratitude from the glasses plus lunchbox.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's just this season March madness, Like it is my favorite time of the year, and I've watched so much basketball and it still has two more weeks, So I mean that is my little micro what do you call it micro gratitude?
Speaker 4: Yeah, is March madness. Love it. I'm gonna do it one early when my micro gratitude is Arkansas being the crap out of Kansas.
Speaker 9: And I'm gonna say my micro gratitude was Kansas season being over so I never had to watch a certain player on their team ever play basketball again.
Speaker 7: In case people don't know, Arkansas bea Kansas three years.
Speaker 4: Last few times I played in the tournament, It's awesome. It's no, that's a macro I should hold that. That's it's a big one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, this is my micro annoyance. What is basketball all the time?
Speaker 4: You know what are micro anag is? Now? You watch you kind of chill on my fingers.
Speaker 5: All the time, Like, how do y'all? Did people just not even work them on the March?
Speaker 7: No, they don't basketball. It is crazy though, You're going to Thursday at noon.
Speaker 3: And like.
Speaker 4: Everywhere they just want to watch. Well that's that's kind of over. The tournament continues now, but the first weekend is really.
Speaker 5: The first Arkansas mad into the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 4: Let's go. We are Texas Tech and I like Texos Tech and I kind of the texta tech coach. I like him a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a cool guy.
Speaker 4: Right there, you go, he's a cool guy. Okay, lunch with March Madison. It's a good one. It's a good one, Eddie.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Mine is social media. I'm grateful for social media. And it's not the reasons you think. I just don't feel alone.
Speaker 7: When i'm social I'm on social media because.
Speaker 8: There are people just like me and I find that out because my algorithm is awesome. Right now, it's feeding me like all these dads and husbands that are like me, putting in the dish putting dishes in the dishwasher, my kids putting things in the watching.
Speaker 7: It's all a mess. I'm like, I feel you, dude, there are more people out there like me, and I don't feel alone when I'm on social media.
Speaker 4: Love it, uh mine. My micro gratitude is so I've battled and I'm still battling sleep and have for a long time. It'll sleep very well. But I've been trying not just magnesium, but something called magnesium glyconate, and so I don't know that it's working yet because I need a bigger sample size. But it's a it's like a chemical compound with magnesium that hopefully, I don't know big words helps me sleep.
Speaker 7: Is it butter?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I'm gonna say, I'm gonna guess now, why not butter?
Speaker 7: Because my kids use that magnesium butter.
Speaker 4: If I look at no, no, no, the magnesium I already can take.
Speaker 6: Like you want to when you're looking at a bottle if you're trying to get sleep, because there's like sitrate g there's like different ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not even saying it right. You probably said it right, a supplement combining magnesium with the you know acid glass scene. It doesn't matter, but I've been trying it and it's it doesn't not work yet. I know it's a double negative that so many things haven't worked.
Speaker 7: So does that mean it's working.
Speaker 4: No, it means it's not not working yet. And mine's core. Mine's like in my head, right, but I'm working on it. But mine is that I have something new that I have some optimism.
Speaker 5: And I think if you have gratitude for it, that's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Just micro though, just because the we're doing, Sorry I forgot.
Speaker 5: If you have micro gratitude for it, I think that it's going to help.
Speaker 4: Yes, Morgan, any micro gratitudes.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am feeling super grateful for my muscle.
Speaker 5: No, just micro grip.
Speaker 4: Oh you can't do.
Speaker 1: My micro grateful for my muscle.
Speaker 4: No, you already said super change it, change it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, why your muscles?
Speaker 4: Why your muscles?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was a good one because I dug a hole by myself this weekend and that was really hard labor, and I was impressed that I was even able to dig this hole.
Speaker 1: And when I got done, I felt really proud of myself and.
Speaker 4: It's too proud. You're too proud for like you. It's a big deal your body, everyday body. Yeah, I know, it's just not micro, it's you deserve a macro though.
Speaker 1: Okay, micro, I'm really thankful for cheese.
Speaker 6: Does that.
Speaker 1: Cheese makes me feel good?
Speaker 4: And you know my micro ingratitude is I don't get ea cheese anymore. Morgan rubed in my face.
Speaker 5: Give me your micro annoyance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got like eight of those on this room. That's us exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 1: I am a long hauler aka long COVID sufferer. I've not had my smell for years. My taste is kind of messed up.
Speaker 3: My memory is also shot, and then potentially have had these vertigo episodes associated with COVID. So I got all a gambit of things that have been happening, and somebody suggested I give very unusual thing a try to see if it may help, especially with getting my smell and taste back. And listen, if you've tried this, done this, heard of this, send stuff my way, because I think this can be helpful if we decide that this could potentially work and help some people out there.
Speaker 4: Number four Morgan doesn't smoke, but they're recommending nicotine patches for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you guys know, I'm a long hauler with COVID like long that's long hauler and long coke.
Speaker 4: You're driving a truck.
Speaker 1: Basically the same thing. I haven't had my smell for gosh, we're going on four years snow, which is so crazy. And I also have had memory loss. We think the vertigo maybe it.
Speaker 3: And apparently nicotine patches have helped people, especially.
Speaker 1: With smell, get it back completely.
Speaker 4: Why do they say.
Speaker 3: They just say like something in it like activates a certain part of what's happening in there with the long COVID, and over about six to seven days, it's supposed to be completely back.
Speaker 4: Have you heard the theories that nicotine is basically caffeine? But the reason that cigarettes are so bad that everything else is around the nicotine, it's not really just it's not the nicotine cass.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, nicxtine patches are having a moment right now.
Speaker 4: Well that's what a zen is, right, But the reason that actual patches though, oh yeah, that's what zen is, not like a pouch but a patch. Yeah, I'm familiar. Yeah, I'm saying, but that's also what a zen is in the pouch. But where the comparison of the two, the parallels are very similar. But the why cigarettes are so awful for use everything else that nicotine brings you back to all that really really terrible stuff. I'm still not going to nicktine patches.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I thought about it.
Speaker 9: You're gonna get like nicotine is what you'd be going to become addicted to, right, Caffeine Like I don't understand, y, say a caffeine if someone said drink more caffeine, would you think that was weird?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: But nicotine, like because of the cigarettes, everything connected to the nicotine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but if you have the patch, it would release a measured dose, like you don't have more than what is in there.
Speaker 9: Because they've said this to my wife because she gets struck throat a lot, and they said, you know what you could do is you could wear a nicotine patch and it'll kill the virus.
Speaker 4: Was considering it and I said, you're an idiot. No, there's no why would you yo, You're an idio when a doctor recommends something.
Speaker 9: That's why I told my wife I said, these people aren't real doctors if they're telling you to get on nicotine.
Speaker 4: If they're not real doctor, that's not true. No, I don't.
Speaker 9: I can't imagine a doctor saying, hey, take this stuff that is highly addictive and people can't seem to kick it. And so when my wife came home with this after going to the doctor, I was like, are you sure they're really a doctor?
Speaker 4: So I would agree that there I can read you some stuff, and yes, I'm sure they're probably a doctor. She did. She said they had their medical thing on the board on the wall. Both they're stimulants. Caffeine stimulates such a nervous system. Nicotine, even through a patch like Amy was talking about or whatever, it does the same in increases alert and his heart rate, blood pressure. They boost dopamine, which is the feel good chemical in the brain. They both do. They both give your brain basically a dopamine kick. That's why more people feel focused after drinking a or And I think smoking is terrible. I hate it. It's disgusting to me because everybody did it around me growing up. But that's also why people would like drink a cigarette, and it's like it focuses smoke a cigarette. What did I say, drink a cigarette? You know, that's how much I don't smoke. You can build a tolerance to both. Over time, your body gets used to both of them, so it would take more to get the same effect. Both can be habit forming, not necessarily in the same exact way, but both of them become rituals or crutches. Like with coffee. Yeah, people say it smooths the edges, isn't what they say? Whatever that Honestly, again, I don't drink so kind of the same thing though. So the health, the risks. Caffeine and moderation pretty safe. Nicotine, especially from smoking, far riskier long term because of everything else that's in the smoking. But caffeine is like your your buddy who whipes you up. Nicotines are like the ex who knows how to calm you down, but you don't really want to go back. Oh man, So some it's definitely a little more severe, but by itself, it's not what you're thinking because of everything else is associated with the cigarettes. So you're what you're saying, is I need to go apologize to my wife?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, no, Well yeah, for Connor, idiot yeah, well.
Speaker 4: Maybe that part that's your own relationship. I don't know about your dynamic, but if that's gonna, I would I would evaluate the risk reward of if you're just addicted to nicotine but not cigarettes.
Speaker 7: Look at him, he's defeated.
Speaker 4: I just cave. You can smell and taste, which you can't do. I think that's something I would probably try.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 4: I think that's something that would probably try well.
Speaker 3: And because the thing that scares me the most is like, I've never smoked a cigarette before in my life. I don't know what nicotine would do to my body, like the reaction I would immediately have, So like, am I gonna make things worse by doing this? Or am I potentially going to make it better? And then I just never try it. But I don't know, you know what I mean? Like, I can't I can't figure out what the pros and cons are here.
Speaker 4: You could be smelling again, but you've been walking around with a dip in your mouth. I see. It is a very complicated answer that you should go and ask your doctor about. Nicotine is very addictive. It is a stimulant. It is not a known carcagen though nicotine itself but there are carcogens in cigarettes. It's nicotine is not what causes cancer.
Speaker 3: I did see that nicotine is like a night shade, so it's actually something that we often consume and like tomatoes, eggplants, potatoes, So nicotine.
Speaker 4: Itself is not the it's it's it's more addicting than.
Speaker 3: Yes, but it's like the night shade family, so it's technically the mushroom.
Speaker 1: I don't know what a night shade is.
Speaker 5: No tomatoes are nightshades, peppers or night shades.
Speaker 4: So talk to somebody you trust. I would say, don't get on nicotine patches for the fun of it.
Speaker 1: Just throwing on today, because.
Speaker 4: You could actually do one, just like I want to be focused. I want to be but I would highly recommend not doing that. But you have lost a lot of like your smell tape senses because of this long COVID. It's affecting how you walk, you're having migraine, you can't. I think it's something you should spend time talking to a professional about. But don't think that all nicotine is like it's just smoking cigarettes.
Speaker 3: I know, it's just what I associate with it because it's what you grew up, like when you when you went to the drug class day or they don't have nicotine.
Speaker 4: Sure, it's addictive, it can raise cardiovascular risk. Caffeine can do a lot of bad stuff to you as well, but it doesn't carry the cancer causing baggage that we associate with cigarettes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it isn't like the nicotine patches I think are like five milligrams or something like that, So it's super low dosage.
Speaker 5: And you're not going to be wearing them all the time. You wear something you're wearing for the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: A nitreat is a type of plant.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that I talk about like apparently.
Speaker 5: Tom Brady a long time ago.
Speaker 6: I saw he didn't consume night shades because they can cause inflammation in the body. And as part of his the reason why he could play for so long is how he took care of his body.
Speaker 4: Well, if I don't eat night j I can play in the NFL.
Speaker 5: I mean that was sad for him because he can't have like salsa.
Speaker 7: And that's sad.
Speaker 6: That's what I was thinking when I read that. I was like, colle you just never like salsa, chips, salsa caseo.
Speaker 4: My final answer on that is I do not have your answer. I've studied a little bit about it because I'm also curious about the effects individually of caffeine nicotine. But I would talk to a doctor who knows this is not a general physician who actually has an understanding of those and what they can do to you, what you don't want done to you, and how it possibly could help. Yeah, I like, that's what's a responsible answer.
Speaker 6: And then Lunchbuk should also advise his wife to go back and yeah, because it's like this one.
Speaker 4: Thing he's like, he wants you to vape to help.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week show with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 1: Lunchbox actually took Bobby's advice.
Speaker 3: There's all kinds of things that get talked about on our show, but there was one thing in particular that Lunchbox took it.
Speaker 1: And he's like, you know, finally need to listen to this and it may be paying off for him in a huge way. So excited for Lunchbox if this pans out, and also proud of him for taking some advice.
Speaker 4: Number three Lunchbox said, he took my advice for something. I don't know what it is. I give a lot of advice. Think most of it's pretty good based off my life experiences, but sometimes he makes fun of me. I do not know, so I'm handing it over to you. Go ahead.
Speaker 9: It was like a week, week and a half and ago, and you were like, hey, Lunchbox, you should if you spend thirty minutes a day and start applying to things, I think you can get your name out there.
Speaker 4: Like you don't do anything, you just say things. You don't do it. You gotta do it and then something will happen. I was like, you know what.
Speaker 9: I sat at home and I was like, maybe Bobby was right, Maybe Bobby is onto something. So I looked in the Nashville Soccer Club is looking.
Speaker 4: To hire some one that major league Major Socerague Soccer MLS, like the big leagues. Can just rewind for a second, do I do? I did I say that like that, not like that, but kind of right. I think my I think what I was saying to him was I think he has a lot of ability and there's a lot of things that he can do, and he cries about not getting any work, but he has the ability. If he just will, we'll put the effort in and would put the effort into applying to things and being told no over and over again that eventually someone will see what we see in him and they will like him. I think that's kind of what it was. But yes, yes, so you see, Well I didn't see it.
Speaker 9: Sales lady came to me and was like, hey, they want to know if you'd be interested, and I'm like, oh, absolutely, So I looked it up, found it online.
Speaker 4: They wanted a resume. I didn't even know how to make a resume, and so my wife made me a resume. Speaking of your parents when you went to college, they filled out my mom fuilled out my college application.
Speaker 5: What about when you applied to Sam's Jason Stelly.
Speaker 4: I feel those out. Oh we'll get but you don't.
Speaker 5: Have to submit a resumes application.
Speaker 9: You think you had to have a resume for Shamsko's a good point.
Speaker 4: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 9: So I didn't know how to make a resume. So my wife made me a resume and I send it off. Man, my name is in the hat for the Inn Stadium hosting gig.
Speaker 7: Man, I'd love to see that resume, so like, what do you mean, Like, what is that?
Speaker 4: Can you hand it? Can you print? It out and give it to me. I can play a song when come back in awesome.
Speaker 5: I need someone to explain you what an in stadium?
Speaker 4: He'll be the hot guy he's on the mic ohing. Hey wait with Jim Jim, you got thirty seconds if he kicked goals?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, he'd be good at that.
Speaker 4: Will you have the ability to find the resume? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I also have to ask my work where she put it, because I think I had to put it on a website, like for the.
Speaker 7: You only made one and send it off as it?
Speaker 4: How are you gonna make but making one?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 4: There's not just one? If it's on your computer? Yeah, I'll ask her where it is? Okay? Said we don't have it now? Not right like this like actual moment. Yeah, okay, like I uploaded some website. Yeah, and just find it if you maybe later we'll check in. I'll check in. So you sent it off how many days ago? Like three days ago? Feel pretty good about it? I feel great, man. I mean the fact that they asked if i'd be interested in it? I'm like, who asked if you'd be interested? What sales? Girl?
Speaker 7: But did they ask that the team?
Speaker 9: Right, I'd assume they asked her, why else would she come to me. She was like, I was talking to Nashville sc.
Speaker 4: And were they like, were looking for somebody. And She's like, came came and told you. I think you would crush that job. I think it's there's not a better job perfect. Yeah, I agree, and I hope you get it. What's next? They said they'd let me know in a week or so, so I'm just waiting to get waiting on said Nina needs picked up by the airport. A lot of waiting. Then we got to wait to see if lunchbox gets the job. Okay, have you followed up? What do you follow up? Why would you follow up? I don't want to be never too soon A follow up three days, It's never too soon.
Speaker 5: But if they said we'll get back to you in a week, who gives a crap?
Speaker 4: You want to be the person that is like you want to be kind of annoying.
Speaker 5: That could be annoying, show up to the office. You should monitor annoying.
Speaker 4: Why not? I'm telling you. Everybody's like, I don't want to be annoying. I don't want to follow up too quickly. I don't there's one will that gets greased, and that's the one that squeaks. If you showed up to the office during business hours, then you found out who the person was making the hire, and it's like, hey, I applied. I just want to say in person that I would love to do this job. I like to show you I would hire that person almost on the spot.
Speaker 6: What should he wear'stah, I'm just saying like, we need to help him.
Speaker 5: You can't just show up.
Speaker 4: See who Yes? Yes?
Speaker 7: Are you sure? Should he wear something more professional?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I made tuxed would be pretty cool, if I'm being honest. If I were like trick them, that'd be funny. Okay, here's what they're looking for. I found it online. Individuals available for six to eight hours, fifteen to twenty times per year, available to an all necessary in person and virtual training. Someone who enjoys speaking and interacting with others in a warm and respectful manner will work on that one able to stand, walk or walk them downstairs throughout an event. Must enjoy helping others and working within a team environment. Proactive and seeking out positive interactions with both guest code workers and main positive relationships. You this is you.
Speaker 3: This is you.
Speaker 4: Go to the freaking building, right, find the person who's over this and go to the building and drop off something. You know what else? I did a cover letter? Yeah, that's called a resume.
Speaker 7: That's part of the resume.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so like what should he drop off?
Speaker 7: Well, soccer more donuts, it's.
Speaker 5: Like decorated like soccer balls.
Speaker 4: All this is for everybody listening. If you feel like you're being kind of annoying, whenever you want something, you're competing against other people. Other people want the same thing. Now, what are you going to do when you compete? Are you gonna sit back and just let the judges make their decision based on everything being fair and everybody just sitting on their thumbs. No, If you don't get picked while doing extra effort, that's on them. The last thing you want to do is not get picked. You sat back and did nothing other than the minimal. All right, So you literally could figure out who the whole team is. You could drop off donuts, You could make a video, find their email, you can send the donuts and then once you know the donuts are there and an hour laters in the email like the donuts, I want to do? It's anything anything extra, all right? Maybe I'll sew some cookies with my face on it.
Speaker 7: That's good too.
Speaker 5: They won't ever forget you.
Speaker 7: You know whatever, Man, just.
Speaker 4: Do extra, okay. If you want the extra to be done for you, you need to do extra. So I'm proud of it. If you're doing that, I think you would x on at this job. Now, go and get the job because they may already have somebody in mind and the only way to change their mind is to do something that changes where their mind is right now in the process. All right, we're going to commercial. I'm not going to crap because they're going to go, oh no, you can't go right now. But I would do it, but I would do it today if are you okay? Okay, but good. We're rooting for him, right.
Speaker 7: It's awesome.
Speaker 4: Man. You gotta work on that respectful talking thing. Other than that, we got it, and get your resume and we'll go over it. We want to hear it. I'm gonna who my wife. That's one of those respectful talking things talking about it's.
Speaker 2: The best bits of the week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 3: If you think about your entire life and there's one day that stands out to you. Now I'm not talking the day you got married or the day that you had a kid, because those are out of the equation. Just a normal day, we're so much good stuff happened, or one of your favorite memories.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what the segment was born out of. Everybody shared the day that they would relive over and over and over again. Some of them are so so cool.
Speaker 3: Some are very specific to everybody's passions and things that they love, And it'd be cool for you to also think, what was the day.
Speaker 1: That was so great for me? I would totally do this over and over again.
Speaker 4: Number two, if you had to relive the same day over and over, you can't pick marriage or kids. What specific day from your past would you choose? And why? How fast did anyone? Anybody get it? Immediately?
Speaker 7: Really quick?
Speaker 4: Okay, you can go first.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was the day we flew with Jerry Jones and his helicopter to the Dallas Cowboys game.
Speaker 7: I mean it was the best day of my life.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 7: It was amazing. What month was that, November?
Speaker 8: I should go back and find the day because I would love to relive that day every single day in my life.
Speaker 4: Eddie's a massive Dallas Cowboys fan. I just emailed the Dallas Cowboys. I was like, can I talk to Jerry Jones? And then once they figured out I was an Arkansas guy like him, it ended up we went to Dallas, met him at his helicopter. We've it was just me and Eddie and Mike and my wife and him and a son. That's it.
Speaker 7: We flew to the game steist Son's.
Speaker 4: It was crazy. The whole thing was crazy. That's a good one. And then when we got to the game, we like on the field.
Speaker 8: We were on the field and grab all the players and then we watched the game from his suite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was crazy. That's a good one for a Dallas Cowboys fantasy. Do you have one?
Speaker 5: Remember the day I was in La filming a movie. I loved that day.
Speaker 6: The first thought that came to my mind, like right when you said it, it was a little too morbid. So I switched to the movie one.
Speaker 4: Okay, so because that was a lot of fun. Was it more fun doing it or seeing it?
Speaker 5: Doing it? Experiencing it? But like I loved every part of it. Like I just thought it was so.
Speaker 6: Much fun, Like I would do it again and again and again, and if I have to relive it over and o fur, then that's my one way.
Speaker 4: Do you ever watch It's Holiday Harmony? Is it still on HBO Max or max whatever it is?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 4: Do I ever watch it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Just so you can kind of like rel than your head.
Speaker 6: Oh no, that's a good point. I haven't watched it since the day it came out. We watched it as a family, and I haven't been able to bring myself to rewatch it.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox, what's your day? Oh man?
Speaker 9: My friend Eliza was getting married down in the Valley, South Texas, and I got on a Southwest Airlines flight and I go to the next to the last row and I sit in a seat and these two chicks come walking down the plane. I'm like, this dude sitting on the aisle better get up so these chicks can sit next to me. And he was like a fifteen year old kid, and he got up and moved to the last row and these two chicks sitting next to me, and we ended up drinking. Our plane got delayed. We went to the airport bar got back on the plane together, and I thought I was never going to see him again. They waited when I got off the plane in South Texas and they were like, here, here's our number. We'll be on Padre tonight. You should call us. And I go to the wedding and I go to the reception afterwards, and they text me, Hey, are you coming to Padre to party with us? And I was like, yeah, this wedding sucks, man, I gotta go. And I headed to Padre and I had a night with these two ladies and it was it was awesome.
Speaker 4: I see what you're saying, I see what he wants us to think, but I ain't seeing what he's saying.
Speaker 9: Let's just say they had a nice hotel room on the beach of South Padre Island, and it was yeah.
Speaker 4: And then I went back the next night too. That's your best night, Yeah, yeah, Mine's probably pretty recent. I got to play in the Major League Baseball Celebrity Softball game and Deon Sanders was a coach, and I played with t O and des Brian on my team, and it was one of those magical nights where everything went right and not only I had a home run a triple, made some diving catches and I want MVP of the whole game, and we won and it was on TV. It was on MLB Network. It was like I was in a different body. Like everything that was hit at me. It was crazy. And so the fact that it was on TV two and then I have a big championship belt from it, it doesn't feel real because it was. And I told my wife not to come. I was like, don't worry about coming. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna play like three innings. They everybody plays, so no one's going to get to play that much. And then when I called her after, I was like, I just want MVP.
Speaker 5: Should what I have been there?
Speaker 4: We won the game and I want MVP. And I told everybody not to come, her family, everything. I was like, I'm not going to get to play enough. Don't worry about coming to Dallas.
Speaker 5: So what did that teach you?
Speaker 4: No, I stand by it because most time I'm gonna be right about that. But then we were able to watch it on television, and so yeah, that was a good one that one and my friends, all my friends got a sweet They got to set up in a suite and watch the.
Speaker 7: Game, watch the whole thing. We couldn't believe it too.
Speaker 8: But it's like one play after another, like gosh, man, like he's and at some point we're like, he's gonna win MVP.
Speaker 4: And it was crazy. Caine Brown was on my team, hit a home run. It was awesome. But who cares? I want MVP got the big championship. Well still got in the house. Everybody signed the back of it. That's probably a little a little, a little bias because it was pretty recent, but I would give that one the championship there. All right, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, there are some more performers that were announced for the cruise with Bobby Bones show.
Speaker 1: Super exciting. Yes, the show is going on a cruise and holy crap, this lineup is insane. So save some money so you can come join the show next year. Hopefully I'll also be joining you guys. Who knows.
Speaker 3: Time will tell and maybe not, but either way, you should be going on this trip. So here's the entire lineup, and get excited because.
Speaker 1: It's going to be so much fun.
Speaker 4: Number one, I have a big announcement. Thank you, forever and ever and ever and ever. The show has said, let's go on a cruise, and I'm like, I don't want to go on a cruise. I just didn't until finally everything came together in a perfect way and I was like, you know what, I think we can do this. Let's do it. We announce it as a show. We're like, we're going to do a cruise, and we do it like a year out. Its February twenty seventh, twenty twenty six. It's seven. The big announcement's coming. You guys don't even know. That's what I like doing because the rest of the show doesn't even know the rest of this announcement. What you didn't even know the cruise was happening until I announced it on the correct. It's a seven day cruise on a luxury ship Celebrity Reflection Ports of Corra, leaving from Fort Lauderdale, Key West, Nasau.
Speaker 7: Bemini sounds amazing.
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't know what that noise was. Yeah, Bemini. Okay, So I don't know how to say it. That's how exotic it is. So first of all, as we mentioned, the show will be there, Eddie and I the Raging Idiots will be performing. Hey look at that. But also we've mentioned this before, big deal Keith Urban Boom boom boom. But now I shall announce more acts that will be joining us the cruise. Oh there's more, there's more. I didn't know that, Lee Brice, Scottie McCreary, Carli Lit, Wildcard, Leanne rhymes. I just want you guys to know that I feel the pressure to make this an excellent cruise. That's why I keep adding artists because if this isn't awesome, I feel like our listener is gonna be like, dude, what do you even do? So I feel the pressure on me. I'm making calls, so it's gonna be I mean, honestly, the big act is the raging idiots.
Speaker 7: Yes for cour but then everyone else and then yeah, there's.
Speaker 4: Like but Keith Urban Leebri's Parmalie, Scotty McCurry, Leanne rhymes. Like this is all happening. So if you want to come, it's a year away, a little less than that now February twenty seventh, and you can just go to Topshelf Country Cruise dot Com to reserve your cabin. Now that's that announcement, thank you, and that's the news.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: Well, that wraps for me this weekend. Thank you for joining me hanging out again. Check out Part one Part three with Amy.
Speaker 1: So much fun. I love up with the show members. It's all new.
Speaker 3: Content, stuff you've never heard before, and we're just having fun conversations. I know there's so many podcasts out there, but this is kind of like a weekend version of the second part of our podcast and one on one time, so it's super cool to really get to know a lot of the different show members. And also you can check out my podcast Take This Personally, where I dive into all types of hard conversations that I feel are really important and people are struggling and going through certain things.
Speaker 1: We'll bring on an expert and somebody who's dealing.
Speaker 3: With it in a day to day life, and it's just a cool way to see things from different perspectives. So yeah, that's all. Okay, I'm getting out of here. I hope you have a great weekend. Stay safe, Thanks for being here. Bye everybody.
Speaker 2: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 4: Show and follow at Webgirl Morgan
Speaker 2: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.