Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Can I make an observation as Demanse's on air counts gotten better? Dude, his stability to do the blue collar manual labor that he was originally hired to do has really really fallen off. In fact, before you add an on air roll, you know what I used to occasionally hear that I don't know that I've heard since before the playoffs started, certainly in the playoffs. Do you know what I want us?
Speaker 3: What you used to hear?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: Do you want some coffee?
Speaker 3: That's all?
Speaker 2: It's just beneath you now, WHOA, I'm up here pouring my own coffee yeah, heating it up like all this stuff like it's just you know, it's the evolution of you know, a personality. All right, welcome man, another episode of What's Right with Nick? Right in the podcast the YouTube show. I think we are around episode thirty, but I have lost the exact count because we have done these bonus episodes surrounding the NBA Finals. One more off schedule episode coming this Friday, where we will either be reacting to the Warriors winning the championship or reacting to the Boston Celtics forcing a Game seven. We will get into everything from Game six in a moment, but first, before we get into what we're not talking about, as we all always do certain show, I do want to say I'm proud of Demanse. Demanse is rallying today. He last night was I think the most crushing loss of your life as a sports fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very frustrating to watch.
Speaker 2: And you might say, really, the the Celtics have lost in the finals in a Game seven. When the Celtics lost in the Finals in the Game seven, Demonse was.
Speaker 4: Twelve.
Speaker 2: At eleven years old, Yeah, you were eleven years old, and I don't even think you were a real you were a Celtics fan. You were a Celtics fan then, but you're a little kid, you didn't care as much, and then when you were playing college basketball, you weren't as invested, like in yeah, the.
Speaker 4: Career.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, No, no, no, exactly no. I'm not talking trash. But so Demanse rallying this morning, so I'm proud of them. We will get into the game in just a moment, but before that, let's discuss what we will not be discussing on today's show, which is a bit of an oxymoron, but it's how we do it anyway. Baker Mayfield to the Panthers, I think that's going to happen. By the way, bonus take, I think that's going to happen. I think it's going to happen soon. A weatherman roasts the Dallas Cowboys. Demanse showed me this sweet. It was actually the rare, actually pretty funny one liner from a local weather guy. And can demands name a team in the Stanley Cup Finals. I'm not gonna ask you to do it. Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I can't Stanley that like race cards.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's worse than what I would have done there. That's hockey. That's the NATL Finals. I know that the Rangers were playing the Lightning to make it the Stanley Cup Finals. I don't know who won that series. I know the Rangers lost a big game. And I only know that because we saw Palinko Polinka.
Speaker 4: Uh no, not Polinka.
Speaker 2: Palinka is the GM of the lakes stalk.
Speaker 4: He got in a fight. He just got in a fight.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know anything about hockey either, Buddy, this is I was letting you off the hook, and now you're going race cars and lakers. It's like a mad libs of incorrect sports stakes. Let's just get into the show. Speaking of incorrect sports steaks, you said anyone that thought the Celtics were gonna win the title was an idiot. No, what's putting an asylum.
Speaker 4: What's what's wild is that was not that tweet.
Speaker 5: The tweet where I said that they needed to be publicly watched was if you don't think the Celtics are winning this series, I want to go back in fact check that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what are we starting with?
Speaker 4: Go ahead?
Speaker 5: We are starting with Golden State in Game five, obviously carried by Andrew Wiggins. Which is kind of weird because everybody's saying that, you know, the finals experience will matter, but you got this guy Andrew Wiggins coming on.
Speaker 2: Well, that's an interesting point because the Warriors do have all the finals experience, but the one guy without the finals experience was their best player last night.
Speaker 4: The charge.
Speaker 2: I hadn't thought about that, but okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: And that's especially tough for you.
Speaker 2: The Wiggans thing, well, yeah, that's the tweet that listen. I want before you even get to your question, I want to say one thing about the Wiggans thing. I've given my last apology for the Wiggins take. I've given my pound of flesh. I have had enough people come after me. I have owned it as publicly as anyone can ever own an incorrect take. At this point, I think bringing up to me is cyberbullying. I think I think it is. I think we have passed the threshold of where this harassment. It's a harassment. But okay, but what's the question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great win for Golden State, but I gotta say Celtics and seven, what.
Speaker 4: Do you think?
Speaker 2: Well, the Celtics, I mean, Celtics in eight isn't an option. So seven is the only viable round. Here's what I think. I think that it is concerning the way they've lost the last two games. What is particularly concerning is that last night, and this is not breaking news, but it does. We can't gloss over it. They lost a game where Steph was terrible and you can't lose when if you're I don't want to say can't, but you have put yourself in an incredibly rough spot when, for the first time in Steph Curry's entire playoff career, and we'll get more on him in a moment, he doesn't hit a three and you lose the game. I do believe Boston's going to win Game six. In fact, if I didn't think it would be such a miserable experience. I thought about this last night was should you and I go to Game six? It's a four hour drive to Boston, go to Game six, and then drive back after and I'd be home in time for the TV show. What has What made me lean against it was I envisioned what are you shaking your head about to?
Speaker 5: No, I mean, like tell me cutting it that close to like driving back to you know, Oh that's not what I'm No, No, no, no, and if the Celtics worts it like this won't happen.
Speaker 4: But if we were to go out there and they lost.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not a fun ride. But that's not what That's not what I envisioned up I actually think, because even though I picked the Celtics and I'm gonna stick with it, I'm not gonna flip flop twice in this series. I mean, I'm already putting myself in the position to be wrong twice and once just brutal. And I do believe they're gonna win Game six, and they've shown they can win a Game seven on the road, they did it against Miami, And I still the Warriors are gonna win the title possibly, and I'm still gonna believe they're not that good. Like I just don't think this Warriors seems that good. But they're one game away from the title. But the reason I decided against us going out there is even though I've picked the Celtics, Celtic fans hate me, and I don't think you are prepared for the level of vitriol towards me in that building. And I absolutely could see a scenario where you end up getting in a fight on my behalf, and I was like, I can't put you in that position. I can't bring you to Boston and all of a sudden, like I would absolutely like have to be prepared to have like a drink thrown at me. When Bimani and I went out there four years ago for a Celtics Cavs game, it got Harriet times and I was way less hated four years ago by Celtic fans. All Right, so we're not gonna go. I do think we're gonna get a Game seven. I am going to stick with the Celtics because I do think they can play so much better. And that was the story to me of Game five, and that was so frustrating for you is it was the same old turnovers and.
Speaker 5: They were at critical points, Like I wish they would have gotten some of those turnovers at a different position, but sometimes they got those turnovers right when we got the lead. I know Jason Tatum started the third quarter with the turnover was the second quarter, but it was just turnovers when we'd absolutely just at a different time.
Speaker 2: And the end of the third quarter, that pool Bank shot. Those shots are worth like six points. I know there were three, but they it feels like that as, Oh, what do you mean, because I mean and stunk and now he's been good.
Speaker 5: And I said, James the pick, you said Pool sucked, You said Wiggans sucked. Pool's hitting these.
Speaker 2: Okay, Pool is not good.
Speaker 5: I'm not wrong, but like those threes, definitely, you know, I turned the tide.
Speaker 4: We would have had the lead if.
Speaker 2: The Celtics come back to win this title. I'm going to recreate my Andrew Wiggins take word for word and Pole. I'm gonna look into the camera and say, Jordan Pool is a bad basketball player and thanks to him, Steph Curry will never win another NBA title. I'm just gonna I'm gonna walk down that same exact road, all right. I speaking of Staff, I think we need to get to him. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Curry was off in Game five, to say the least.
Speaker 5: He didn't hit a three in a game for the first time since November twenty eighteen. And yeah, I think the double standard is crazy because I saw this little graphic of you know, they say Curry has no help, and they said Lebron had no help in.
Speaker 4: Eighteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but when you compare the numbers to Lebron's no help, teammates to of course no help teammates. It's a drastic difference, and it's like he's got no help, but he was carried last night.
Speaker 2: Well, so that's the thing. That's what's frustrating to me is Listen, they won, so he shouldn't get criticized that much. That's how we always do it. If they had lost and he had played poorly, he'd be getting crushed this morning. But they won, so we we can overlook the fact that it was a that was his fifth career really bad finals game. And you know, Lebron hasn't had a really bad finals game since twenty eleven. He's been to eight finals since then, but we still bring it up. Durant, to his credit, has never had a really bad finals game, right, Giannis Now he's only been there for six games. Giannis never had a bad finals game. Step And what's also unbelievable is this was Steph's fifth career and by really bad, I mean games score in the single digits for Basketball reference. Fifth time it's happened. They're three and two in those games. Now, everyone knew that Steph had a ton of help before this year, and I do think Steph is carrying this team offensively through giant stretches when the games when Clay is off, they have no one else that's a reliable score, and his gravity alone obviously makes them a dangerous offense. But Van Gundy compared to them to the twenty eighteen Calves. The twenty eighteen Calves, Lebron had to score forty eight times that playoff run. We wanted to throw Steph a parade for scoring forty once in the finals. There was a game against the Warriors, game one of the Finals, where Lebron scored fifty one, eight and eight and they lost. And that's the thing that is the frustrating thing for me with Steph is because I won't call him top ten all time. I'm a hater. Here's the spoiler alert. I don't think anyone actually thinks he's top ten. I think they just like to say it because and I've done this before, but I'll do it again quickly. No order here. But if you have Kareem, Lebron and Jordan as three, Wilton, Russell, Burden, Magic, Kobe and Duncan and then Shaq in a Keem, that's eleven guys. So for Steph to be top ten. You gotta be picking two of those guys that he's better than. I don't think anyone actually thinks that. And give him the not over Katie, give him the not over Giannis. Even in that example, I gave him the not over Doctor J which is very is very borderline right now. But people just say these things. Just like I'm telling you, I guarantee you if Steph is bad in game six or even just mediocre, do you know what will immediately be discussed.
Speaker 3: Is foot injury.
Speaker 2: Yes, as if we didn't see game four. It's a weird thing.
Speaker 4: Hell.
Speaker 2: Bill Simmons on his podcast today and he's Celtics fan, said well, you gotta wonder if STEP's injured, like you, No, he just sometimes is bad a guy. He is the greatest shooter ever. But because he is such a high uh oh my goodness, the volume, thank you. I couldn't think of the word high volume three point shooter, He's going to be susceptible to these bad games that guys who consistently drive and attack the basket or not, because he's not going to get as many free throws. He's not gonna get as many easy looks. I just don't know. Why we need to. He's one of the greatest players in the history of the game. He's one of the most important players. Yeah, I don't know why we need to embellish when the truth tells a good enough story. All Right, what's next?
Speaker 5: Jason Tatum was very frustrating and has been very frustrating to watch. Yeah, he's either on fire, air balling, three are a little coming up short on layups.
Speaker 4: Ye, he's now five for twenty one in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: That's the problem.
Speaker 4: Go ahead. Is he tired? Is he too passive? What's going on?
Speaker 2: I listen, I think he's twenty four years old and he's in his first finals. Yeah, and I think the how many times have I said to you all were watching the game, moment's a little big for him? A few and it's he he's see. The only thing he seems comfortable doing.
Speaker 4: Is contested threes.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely right, step back threes and contested threes. He seems comfortable. He seems uneasy driving, he seems uneasy dribbling. Defensively, he's been good, I'll give him credit, and he's fighting a way to impact the game. This is why I think this is what superstars do, even when they're not playing well, they impact the game. So he's not playing well, but he's still giving you twenty three, seven and seven. Now, the turnovers are bad, but Jalen Brown's been worse to me handling the ball. Jalen Brown was a huge from in game five. But here's the other thing for Tatum that I find so fascinating. If you were to ask a casual fan, what is the when you say Jason Tatum highlight? What is the play you think of? I don't know if there's if one specific moment comes to your mind, but there I think for most people it is, oh, you're talking about the lights, the layup against the nets that's from this year. But one highlight, it's the dunk over Lebron as a rookie in the Eastern Commerce Mine and the flex, the bump Lebron, the whole thing. I say that, and let me ask you this, when's the last time you remember Jason Tatum duncan.
Speaker 4: He is not dunk.
Speaker 2: It's so it's so weird. It's it's like he he is around the basket, uneasy and unsure, and it's really affecting him. Now, that's one of the reasons why I think the Celtics are live is we saw him have some struggles in Round two against the Honest, and then in Game six on the road, not at home, but on the road, had the best game of his life. I don't think they need forty six from Jason Tatum to win, but I what I do think is this, and this is why I still am holding out a little, you know, more than a little hope for that Boston can win this. We know, or I feel like we know step can score thirty five and the Warriors could still lose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think if.
Speaker 2: Tatum scores thirty five, the Celtics absolutely went because I do trust the rest of the cast, even though they haven't played up to that level. All right, quickly, because we're out of time. What's Last?
Speaker 5: Next podcast is out Friday after Game six. Hopefully we're previewing Game seven. Obviously I want the Celtics, but.
Speaker 2: I need a hear of verbal Yeah you know, I listen, I'm picking the Celtics in Game six. In fact, I want to check. What do you think the line is. I guarantee the Celtics are favored. I'll tell you that, but I haven't looked yet. What do you think the Celtics are favored by how many points? Last context? Last night, the Warriors were favored by four. It is Boston by three and a half. Boston by three and a half. I like Boston in Game six. We'll see we'll have a Game seven in San Francisco. That'd be crazy. The Warriors lose two Game sevens in their own building during this dynastic run. All right, take quick break, come right back. Talk a little stuff other than Game five of the Finals. Next on What's Trade.
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblast, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Tania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All Right, welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright podcast. Another reminder, this is gonna come out sometime Tuesday. Hopefully you guys are listening to the same day, but whenever you listen to it's great. Our next episode will not be out until Friday. We're gonna do a reaction to Game six of the Finals, either talking about what a fourth ring means for Steph Clay and Draymond, or talking about what a Game seven is going to look like between that trio and of course the Boston Celtics. So that's all coming out on Friday, and we are continuing our countdown coming out on Sunday of the fifty greatest players of the last fifty years. We are getting into the I mean this week's episode that comes out, it's twelve, eleven, and ten. So we just did fifteen, fourteen thirteen, which is the original Isaiah Thomas, who, by the way, tweeted out his video and talk to us about it, so that was very cool. Number fourteen Yan and number thirteen Kevin Durant twelve, eleven and ten are coming out this Sunday. But before we get to all of that later in the week, right now, let's continue today's show demands. What are we starting the second segment with?
Speaker 5: I had to balance out some of the depressing Celtics talk with some fun golf stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh sweet, I know you're excited for it. The only thing Demand likes more than golf talk is tennis talk. So this is good. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: The US Open is happening this week. But that's not the story here.
Speaker 5: Bill didn't apologize for joining the LV Tour, says he wants to play PGA events too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't know if they'll let him, but go ahead.
Speaker 5: Family's a nine to eleven victims wrote Phil and other golfers, urging them to reconsider. Meanwhile, Tiger turned down a high nine figure offer to join it real quick.
Speaker 2: High nine figure did you in your head, like, do the math on what that means? High nine figures means high hundreds of millions. Yeah, so that means he they high nine figures means close to a billion dollar offer to leave the PGA Tour and go play on the Saudy Tour essentially, but go ahead, which is which is very that's unbelievable. Unbelievable Also that they that men, there's so much oil money that they would offer him. What I mean, that's what it is. It's oil money.
Speaker 4: Tiger could fix the gas situation.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know that. I don't know if you could do, however, what they offer M seven hundred and fifty dollars to come play for them. But go ahead if you can get to the question. Sorry I interrupted you.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's all good.
Speaker 5: What's your stance on golfers leaving PGA for the Saudi backed tour free market or unethical?
Speaker 2: All right, So here's the thing I do. I think it's unethical. Sure, yeah, I'm you know, I'm not a fan of the Saudi's politics. Uh. And I understand why nine to eleven families would be even more horrified given the the majority of the hijackers that day were from you know, Saudi Arabia. I understand that. I also understand why just Americans in general, given what you know, it seems pretty well confirmed that the crown Prince in Saudi Arabia did to the journalists from the Washington Post Jamal Kashagi, Sorry if I mispronounced his name. I understand why he'd say, Eh, don't want to be in business with them. Here's where I'm gonna do a little bit of moral relativism, and where I'm gonna do a little bit of honesty. I think the majority of these gigantic multinational corporations that all of us, to some extent or another are in bed with, there is some real moral issues with so point being I is, there has to be a line, and I understand for a lot of people going to play on this tour crosses that line. But I also think it's a little bit of lack of awareness to act like you can have endorsement contract. If we are saying, let me put it like this, if we are saying that the golfers who went to go play on this tour, the Saudy Back Tour, they are culpable in some way, shape or form for the atrocities of that government, are we going to take this to its for this logical conclusion.
Speaker 3: A lot of people get blackballed at that.
Speaker 2: Point, right, Like, are we going to say that Lebron James is you know it culpable or whatever word you deserve some level of blame for the fact that I don't think Nike necessarily treats its workers overseas in Bangladesh and other places, you know, under the greatest conditions. Are we going to say that anybody that there's there are a lot of people that work for a company, and if you go far enough up the corporate ladder, you get to someone with some really really either bad history or bad current actions. Are we saying those people should you know, resign not work there? Or are we saying, ah got to make a living. So I understand this isn't like the hottest take in the world, but I think it is. BUTMANI made this point, and he's correct. It is very if we are going to try to be truly pure, it is very hard to be a truly ethically pure capitalist because in most cases, you go high enough up the money tree, you get to some really, really morally questionable behavior. Now, is it as objectively awful as ing and dismembering a journalist because you don't like what he wrote, No, of course not. However, do I think that, for instance, that if you were to go play, let's say, I will use you as an example for a moment. Okay, because you were talking about your basketball career earlier. All right, I know you had envisions of playing at some point in the NBA, and I always tried to be honest with you, and I told you that I thought that if you honest I was brutally honest, and maybe I shouldn't have been. Maybe, but it was, you know, a parent as best as you can that. I thought, if you did everything, if you dedicated yourself, did everything right, I thought you could play overseas. That's what I thought. I thought. Listen, you're tall for a real person. You'd be very small for an NBA player. I thought, I thought, if everything fell right, you could play overseas. So let's just say that opportunity came about, but you got the league was based in and backed by an oppressive government. Let's say, pre how about this pre war was Britney Griner uh and the other women that played in this Russian league? Are they? Are they immoral? Because in a one way shape or form, they're helping putin out? Because even before the war everyone got new that's a bad dude. They a lot. I'm not a fan at all, and I don't know anybody that is. Of a lot of the things China does for guys that go play in the Chinese Basketball League, are they culpable? I don't. I don't think so. And so again I understand that this is not a clear through line. The point I'm making is I think at times, folks that set their own morals and ethics aside when it is convenient throw stones at the low hanging fruit e targets. And that's what I think these live golfers or l I V golfers are. I think right now they're low hanging fruit, easy targets. Because everyone can say the way the Saudis do business, they the history, all of it is abhorrent. And again I'm talking about the Saudi government, not the Saudy people. And I don't know how how much stone throwing from glasshouses is being done. I hope that made sense. I know it was a little rambling. I think I got there. Okay, let's try to have some fun before we end the segment.
Speaker 5: Lamar and Kyler both reported to mandatory OTAs despite their future contracts being up in the air.
Speaker 4: Who last? Sorry about that? Guys? This or that? Okay, no problem, I apologize. Who lasts longer with their current team? Kyler or Lamar?
Speaker 2: Oh Lamar. I think Lamar is gonna be a raven for I don't want to say his entire career, because we have seen quarterback movement at the end of guy's careers. I think Lamar and the Ravens are gonna say together, they have an excellent organization, they have an excellent coach, they have maybe the best front office in football. They are consistently good, they are almost never bad. And Lamar, while not a perfect player, is an excellent player at the most important position. Kyler seems first of all, the Cardinals are not well run, They're not well managed, they have bad ownership, in my opinion, and I think Kyler is more of a wild card personality wise than Lamar is. So for me, this is very easy Lamar without a doubt. All right, what's next?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: In Rappaport said, a DK Metcalf trade is not impossible. Yeah, who should trade all their picks for him? Green Bay or Kansas City?
Speaker 2: Okay, definitely not Kansas City. The argument for Green Bay doing it would be, Aaron Rodgers has one or two years left. Let's try to win a Super Bowl right now. Future be damned. Now, for the record, I don't think either team's gonna do this. If either of these teams wanted to pay a receiver thirty million a year, they would have just kept the receiver they had. But it would make no sense to me. For the Chiefs to do this because DK is not as good as Tyreek. They let Tyreek walk. Now they got picks back for him, but to then go trade the same amount of picks to get DK Metcalf. Now, I know he's younger, but I don't know that over the next three years, DK is going to be a better player than Tyreek. Tyreek showed you he is a first ballot Hall of Fame talent. Now he has had some I think dumb comments lately that means Tyreek, But I think it would be illogical for the Chiefs, and they drafted their wide receiver. I think for the Packers it might make sense, but it's probably neither of those teams because both of those teams are too long term focused. I think the Chiefs it's smart because Mahomes is young. I think the Packers it's foolish. Bron't think I go to those teams. But of those two, I would say the Packers, All right, what's next?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: Lebron made some news on the Shop this week, which statement is a bigger clue about Lebron's future. Wants to own a Vegas NBA team or says that he'd fit in with Miami or the Warriors.
Speaker 2: Well, the first we already knew he wanted to own a team, and we also knew that Vegas was probably going to get a team eventually. Now, sorry again, I'm gonna break the clock because I went too long in the golf thing. So the apologies if you guys are watching the clock today was meaningless. That's my bet. Uh Lebron. Let's talk about both these for a moment. Do you know who the biggest news of Lebron confirming he might want to own a team in Vegas? Do you know who? That was?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 4: Skip?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, No, you're fine. You think it was a big Bayless No?
Speaker 4: Well Skip had good Forbes?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, it's someone you know very well who this news was really important for. You can't figure it out team? Why it would who? Do you know that it would be super relevant if Lebron bought a team and it was based in Las Vegas? Yeah, buddy, Oh yeah, buddy, that's right. Oh you don't listen. I love being a broadcaster, But first of all, you don't think that I could get a job in the front office if Lebron bought a team, Because I know I could now, do I think he would make me president of basketball operations? I don't. But do I think I could talk to Maverick about getting an assistant GM job? I do? And do I think that If it's like, hey, Lebron is buying a team, he's gonna put it in Akron, then I'm like, Eh, can I sell that to your mom? No? I can't if it's in Vegas. Do you think I could sell to your mom? In five years when this happens, Babe, We're gonna have to, you know, we're gonna have to, uh simplify our lifestyle a bit because an assistant GM job doesn't really pay what America's most beloved sports broadcaster job pays. But we're going to Vegas. We're gonna open a trintage out there, and I'm gonna work for the Vegas Gamblers or whatever it is. So that's big news for me. I'm very happy was in Seattle because Seattle might get a team as well. And I don't want to live in Seattle, but I'd live in Vegas. Live in Vegas, gamble, gamble once a weekend, Yeah, once a weekend, live in Vegas. Part time professional poker player, part time assistant GM for Lebron's team, help Lebron win another ring. Oh it's three, So that's big news for me. That's you know what. Yeah, of course, of course. Let me tell you one other thing. Don't put this on social again. This is just for our podcasts and listeners and YouTube viewers. The last time I was with Maverick, I I floated the me and the front office. I did as we both We both had each at that point drank probably three quarters each of a bottle of Lobos because there were two bottles of Lobos. And by the time it was over, who were together a long time watching college football, just drinking. And at one point I was like, so, if Lebron ends up buying a team, like, you know, are you gonna be involved? He's like, well, you know, I'll probably be like you know, one of the investors. I was like, you wouldn't want to be like in the front office. And he's like no, it's like that's not for me. He's like, you would. I'm like, yeah, I would. Now he tried to explain to me why that's not as good of a job as I think it is. But I think it'd be a good job. I think so. So that's the answer. So Lebron Vegas for for your old buddy Nick Wright for those purposes. Okay, I know we're way late here, but also I'm gonna pull back the curtain a bit. We have been having massive internet issues and the fact that it's been working has made me so happy. I just want to take advantage of it. So let's just keep going into a twenty minute B block.
Speaker 5: It's fine, Anthony Davis hasn't picked up a basketball since April fifth. Uh it's June fourteenth and the finals are on, which might make you want to play basketball.
Speaker 4: Which wait, hold on, yeah.
Speaker 2: Which might make you just said it, You said it with weirding, might make you want to play basketball.
Speaker 4: Yeahhh. What's your reaction to this story? Uh oh? Or who cares?
Speaker 2: Okay, my reaction is uh oh, But not for the reasons people think Anthony Davis has always had this off season schedule where he takes a month of nothing and then like six weeks of just like working on his body and then gets into basketball stuff. But here's the reason. It's uh oh, bro, your off season program doesn't work. Like if it's like, hey man, I study for the test, the same way every time, and three of the last four I've failed, like.
Speaker 5: Especially being a guy that has like, oh, I guess he's resting. I was about to say, like, especially being a guy that gets injured a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's clearly whatever he's doing for body clearly is not the right thing for his body, I would argue. And as far as not shooting, my guys shot less than twenty percent from three this season, So I would say we maybe need to adjust the offseason a bit. If we're Anthony Davis. All right, what's last?
Speaker 5: Kevin Durant and Shack have been debating who would win on Twitter Katie's Warriors or shacks Lakers?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 4: Who would win Katie's Warriors or shacks Lakers.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here's the thing. I believe Katie's Warriors would win. I know that surprises you. I also believe Shack would average forty five a game in that series. Right, So I think that Shack would be the single biggest mismatch. There is no one that could guard Shack or that Warriors team. Nobody, Well, there's no one that could guard Prime Shack. Ever, as you're gonna find out when he comes up on our fifty Greatest Players list, but it wouldn't be enough. And so here's the thing to me is you've been mind Katie's Warriors. That's when Draymond was still excellent, right, and you've got Durant. Durant and Kobe cancel each other out. Yeah, Shaq is going to be better than Steph, but he is not going to be better than Steph and Clay combined, right, and so, and then after that we get to the real role players. And now it's like Draymond Green and not prime but still good Andre Woudala versus the Lakers role players, which was like old Derek Fisher and guys that just weren't you know, Rick Fox, Robert or got So. I like Katie's Warriors, but I do think Shaq would be forty five and twenty. And you might say that's crazy, dude, average thirty six and fifteen in the finals appearances with the Lakers, like forty five and twenty against a small, thin team is not outrageous. I just don't think they'd have enough apps other than Shack. That might be the longest B block we've ever done, including eight minutes on moral relativism, and then three minutes on me playing fantasy GM for a basketball team that doesn't even exist. You'll only get that type of content on What's Right. We'll be right back, all right, welcome back in final segment What's Right with Nick? Right again? A reminder Friday will be our next episode as we react to Game six of the Finals and either the Warriors championship or the Celtics forcing a Game seven. Little quick game six prediction for you. You know who I think is gonna be walking through those doors for Game six?
Speaker 3: Lil Wayne?
Speaker 2: Oh well, maybe Lil Wayne might be walking through those doors for Game six. That's not why I said it. That's not what I'm talking about. Someone's gonna be more involved in you guys can start the clock. Someone that's gonna be more involved in the action than the way.
Speaker 3: Is he an artist?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, okay, he's gonna he's gonna have an impact on the result. You know, I could see getting the old tap on the shoulder to referee a Game six to give then Oh, Scottie Foster, Oh, scott Foster. Haven't seen him in the Finals in a little bit, h could we see old Scottie Foster just you know, maybe lean a little Celtic's green to make sure we get a game seven. I think we could.
Speaker 3: I mean, in Scott Foster's defense, the refing wasn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't great, Dell wasn't great. But also also here's the other thing. In Marcus Smart's anti defense and Marcus Smart in attack of Marcus Smart, Jordan Poole got you on the thing you've gotten people on four years, which is the you get someone swipes into the general vicinity of your face, doesn't touch you, and you throw your head back like you've been sniped, yes, and you get the foul. You get the foul call. And the other one is this Marcus Smart. It's a five point game in the fourth quarter, Steph is on the bench. There is one shooting threat out there, real shooting threat out there. I'm not sure Pools there not. So maybe two Klay Thompson, you're guarding him, you're the defensive player of the year, and maybe don't flop and slide for thirteen feet. Maybe just d him up. Maybe just d up a guy that can't dribble. Now, the referring was bad. I didn't like Udoka's technical I didn't like the phantom call when the guy tripped himself, Gary Payton. I think all of that, but that's not what I wanted to talk about this segment. What I want to talk about in this segment is and you can be honest with me here. And I'm treading lightly, And if I sound like I'm talking a little quieter, it's because I'm a little nervous to discuss this in the house. But I'm going to do. You think it's fair that your mom mocks me as much as she does for all of a sudden playing video games again.
Speaker 3: I think it's we're afraid too.
Speaker 2: We're both afraid. We're both just walking around this house. It's just terrified.
Speaker 4: But go ahead. Uh no, I mean, she.
Speaker 2: Said when she was leaving yes day. I'm because we were. We mentioned FIFA, which I listen, have I become I suck my toe in the Fortnite waters not for me. I played a couple of games of Madden. I like Madden from the strategic standpoint, but I with Madden, the only thing I've ever really liked to do on that is build a team and simulate seasons, and I don't have time for that. FIFA, on the other hand, is like a true love of my life. I love it. And Demanse walked in the office the other day and said, are you in training camp? Because you saw me. I was, and I was like, yeah, how am I going to beat these you know, young European rates if I don't go to training And he's like, wait, you're like you're actually doing training drills.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, Bud, yeah it's the off season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's never the off season. But your mom when she heard us talk about this before, just like dominate, she said, yeah, I'm real happy that my thirty seven year old husband is playing video games, to which my question is, but is there am I supposed to age out of video games? Am I?
Speaker 3: I've been saying this for like the last two years of my life.
Speaker 2: Oh, Danielle, do you want to chime in just for a moment, Hold on, if you just come here so people can hear you on the microphone. At least you see this is what.
Speaker 4: We've been worried about.
Speaker 3: I'm never going to age out of video games. Unfortunately.
Speaker 2: I think as long as they keep releasing new systems, I feel like and the systems keep guess guess you know what, how about this can a fourteen year old afford an eight hundred dollar PS five? So you know who they're making them for? For me and damp poop.
Speaker 4: Do you want.
Speaker 2: Play three times a day? Well every day?
Speaker 4: You cannot play three times a day every day? Too much?
Speaker 6: You have, though, she.
Speaker 2: But I feel like, do you want to come sit with us? You see, she thinks it's childish.
Speaker 4: Whoa, And I'm getting good at it.
Speaker 2: This at least it's not wasted time. I mean, I am getting good at it. I am getting good at it. We'll see you guys on Friday.