Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty Armstrong and Jetty, I know he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: The New York Times last week published a profile on three people who were in romantic relationships with AI chatbots.
Speaker 1: It's heartbreaking.
Speaker 2: And I know I had a girlfriend in college who left me for Jeeves.
Speaker 1: That's my fault.
Speaker 2: I remember one time I said, go ask someone else, and that was it.
Speaker 3: AI relationships. We talked a lot about that earlier in the week. If you didn't catch that, that was really I'd forgotten about that. Or was that last week whenever we did The New York Times had the profile of three different people that were in AI relationships. I guess that was a week ago, last Friday. But that was a lot of people brought that up to me. Troubling, very troubly. Oh yeah, yeah, and I think that's just beginning. Yeah, and speaking obviously, it's just beginning.
Speaker 4: I think it will grow and grow and grow until human beings are unrecognizable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of that sort of thing, what is this Basically, we're about to hear Michael.
Speaker 5: What this is is there's a new app called two Way, and then they basically take three minutes of video, let's say, and then let me talk to my deceased loved ones. So I could take my dad recently passed away, so I could take three minutes of video, send it to him, and then they would make an AI of him so.
Speaker 1: I could talk to him an avatar on an avatar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, talking to you in their voice and the facial expressions and all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, this is an example of that. He's getting bigger. See oh my wonderful, kicking like crazy.
Speaker 5: He's listening.
Speaker 1: Put your hand on your tummy and hum damn. You still love to say him. Hey, Charlie, I was school today.
Speaker 2: It was really fun Loo.
Speaker 1: Who's going to be a great grandmother?
Speaker 4: Oh, Charlie, congratulation.
Speaker 1: She says that he's been kicking a lot though. Tell her to put her hand on her tommy and hummed him. You already said that, Robot, you would have loved this moment.
Speaker 3: You can call any time.
Speaker 1: Thanks Robot. Grannie. Wow, you know it's funny.
Speaker 4: I was reading about this and thinking, you know, that's a little odd when I heard Grannie, Oh, that's.
Speaker 1: Wonderful Charlie had creep the hell out of me.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty, Kanye gave Kim Kardashian a hologram message of her late father for her birthday. So if it's good enough for Kanye, So.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of this in real life. Would I get any pleasure slash enjoyment out of you know, my parents are alive, but let's assume one of them is passed and they didn't get to meet my kids. Would I have gotten any enjoyment out of having a fake video that looked and sounded like my dad saying, you know, here's the should go out and play catch with him and stuff like that. Would that just make me incredibly Henry? How's school going? Yeah, before I even introduce Henry to him? Just talking about myself? Would that make me happy and fill me with like my dad's getting to meet my son. I wish he were here, or just make me unbearably sad, like really diving into the fact that he's not here. I just I don't feel like it would give me comforter or make me happier in any way.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's genetic or something, but I have the same reaction. I would have to quote unquote a quote unquote AI girlfriend slash lover. I'd think, Wow, this is a weird simulacrum of real life and it's making me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: And that's just for me because I assume that that's what was going on there with the pregnant woman. Grandma's not around, So now grandma is getting to talk to you about your pregnancy and can you feel the baby cake.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that? Does that make you feel good?
Speaker 3: I mean, who's this for? It's not for grandma. Grandma's dead and they ain't Grandma talking, So is this for you? And do you feel like you've got a connection with your grandma now.
Speaker 1: Or does that just make you extra sad that she's not around.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't get that at all. Who's enjoying this in this scenario?
Speaker 1: Katie? Do you understand maybe I'm missing.
Speaker 6: Saying I hate this, but I also feel like it's stripping away a part of life, Like I learned a lot of lessons when my grandparents passed away, and you know that whole you know, we lose people and it's kind of making that blurry.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a great insight. It is removing one of the basic rhythms of life. It's like when Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer became available year round. It's just you're blowing up the rhythms that make life worth living.
Speaker 1: Now, that's for the adults.
Speaker 3: That's like for me to have my dad, if he were dead, come back and talk to me about my son. I just think that would make me sadder rather than comforted. Now to the kid, that makes you they should take your kids away from you. If you're gonna have fake grandma talk to your little kid who doesn't have the ability to really understand what the hell is going on here, that this segment brought to you by Two Way, that is that is horrible having your little kid here talk to fake grandma.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna pretend she's alive?
Speaker 3: Or are you gonna try to convince that talking to robot people is a thing?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? I know, I know.
Speaker 4: So they put this video online, try the two Way beta on the app Store, Android coming soon, and immediately people drew comparisons to an unsettling twenty thirteen episode of Black Mirror entitled be Right Back, in which a grieving woman uses an AI replica for dead partner. Social media users did not hold back. Many call the videos nightmare fuel monic, and some claim the technology should be destroyed.
Speaker 1: Nightmare fuel.
Speaker 4: Yeah the whole hey son, talk to phone app Grandma. She wants to hear about your big math test. Yeah, you really ought to have your kids taken away?
Speaker 1: Yes, So most of the stuff is presented to us.
Speaker 3: You think, well, if that worked, I could conceive of wanting that, Like the robot we were talking about last Hour Hour one, the Tesla robot. If it can mold the lawn, fold the laundry, I don't know, rake the leaves. You could see how that possibly might be something you want. In this one, are are most people reacting to, Oh that sounds great? How soon can I get fake dead relatives talking to me? Or is everybody reacting like us? One that would make me sad or not happier. And two, I'm not introducing it to my kids because it's gonna twist their little minds.
Speaker 4: All right, just you're failing to see the future. I'm combining both concepts. I've got you. Look out in your front yard and there's your old dead grandpa raking leaves a perfect replica ropot of him.
Speaker 3: Huh huh killing two birds with one stone. Yes, so we could bring Grandpa back to life. What we do is have him do manual labor around the house to free us up to do other things, both heartwarming and practical.
Speaker 1: It's the new Getti bot. Boy.
Speaker 3: If I could bring my dad back, I'd have him right belong so I could watch his football game.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a great alpda help around the house. This is so clearly the final chapter of you man.
Speaker 3: Oh if my mom we're just here today, she could so much so I could go out to the bar.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh Laura, all right, we need to stop. Wow, that's what I want. An odd thing.
Speaker 3: Do they think they're presenting? And maybe I'm wrong? Maybe I'm an outlier. I'm often an outlier on things. Are they presenting this to people and people are saying, Oh, they'd be so fantastic that my son, who never got to meet my dad grandpa, could have an interaction with him.
Speaker 1: Are people doing that feeling?
Speaker 4: No, No, that the interactive part is the bizarre and demonic part. To me, excuse me, if you could I mean, if you could have like a super realistic based on their actual voice from videos, that sort of thing, because that's what this does. Like my mom, who I missed very much, if I could have her this is coming together in my mind in real time, either saying things that she frequently said or said in the video in a rapidly accessible form. I suppose I could put a video clip on my phone. I mean, just like to have my mom with my mom's voice saying what she used to say that I could see, instead of just to still photograph in a readily accessible form. That would be kind of nice, But no, I don't want it pretending to wonder how my day went.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is an extreme Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't think that people would get into relationships with chatbots, and a lot more people are doing it than I realized. So maybe that crowd would be happier in heck to have fake grandma pretending to care about near unborn child.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I'm there at the two Way brain Trust meeting and our zombie Gramma thing just didn't sell.
Speaker 1: Here's my next concept.
Speaker 4: Historical figures carefully crafted based on all their writing and speaking, everything that's known about them, how their voice was described contemporaneously, Washington would probably have a fairly regal British accent, somewhat softened to buy his time here in the colonies, that sort of thing. Talk to Abe Lincoln. That would be interesting that.
Speaker 1: I would do.
Speaker 3: That is very very cool, But that's a completely different thing.
Speaker 1: Then agreed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Look, we poured all this money into a zombie Grandma go. We gotta come up with something to make some profits. So I'm going with the uh living Lincoln. We're gonna call it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I wish my grandma was still alive so she could watch the kids so I can go to this concert tonight.
Speaker 1: Wait, now you can.
Speaker 4: Speaking of technology, you know what spikes faster than pumpkin spice lattes this time of year. Cybercrime hackers love the holidays, This is true. Fake shipping emails, sketchy social media stores, even too good to be true Black Friday deals, and then they snatch up your info.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know about you, but I've gotten tons of those fake shipping emails and that sort of stuff this time of year, and you can accidentally click on one really really easy. It's time to protect yourself with Webroot Total Protection, real time anti virus, firewall, password manager, even dark web monitoring.
Speaker 1: It's all in one package, and it's.
Speaker 4: All for the whole family, from the kids tablets to grandma's laptop. And right now, Webroot's giving you good people sixty percent off for using our code. That's right, sixty percent off. Go to webroot dot com slash armstrong. That's webroot dot com slash armstrong sixty percent off, but only through that link, and for a limited time, live a better digital life with webroot webroot dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 3: One thing I've been saying for years to people about this job is it made me realize there's way more crazy people than you think there are. So if you live kind of a regular life and you bump up with against mostly regular people your entire life, you have a certain concept of what people are like. And then doing this job. Used to just be letters, was email, now email and text and now social media reinteraction with the show, there are way more crazy people than you ever thought because you don't run into them out there in the real world. So and or irrational. Yeah, crazy, I'm using a very vague vert. Crazy people that are way different than you are. Like, way different than you are. There's a lot more of them than you think, and so I need to keep that in mind. With the percentage of people that might fall in love with chatbots or want ai grandma to talk to their kid or give them comforting advice or about life or whatever. It might be way more of them than I think, way more. And what percentage would you need to have before it kind of up in society? If five percent of society is doing only on robot grandma's and robot relationships, what does that do to things? I don't know?
Speaker 1: Is this some sort of Darwinian thinning of the herd? Wow?
Speaker 4: I say most people are not going to reproduce? Just clicked in my head.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's an interesting thought and maybe maybe a net positive. We don't agree not but maybe yeah, they can't reproduce. They won't certainly let me ask.
Speaker 1: My robot Lincoln. Well, in my opinion for score.
Speaker 3: So much fun checking out with the stock market that went way down yesterday, down pretty decent today.
Speaker 1: What's it all about? Is the big question?
Speaker 3: Lots of other stuff talk about stay here, California're going to be the first state to with a billionaire's penalty at least that's going to be a prop that we vote on soon.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for details on that.
Speaker 4: And speaking of big money, fourteen arrested in New Jersey yesterday on a new in a new sports betting scandal, so stay tuned for those details. They are literally flying off the shelves at the Armstrong You Getty superstore, the T shirt that is emblazoned in lovely fashion with ruin the Entire Country, Newsome twenty twenty eight. He laugh, I laughed, Or if you prefer your emphasis on entire ruin the Entire Country, Newsom, twenty twenty eight, people are loving them.
Speaker 3: Uh, And that's flying off the shelves. It's like one of the hottest items we've ever had in our store.
Speaker 1: What I loved, I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to wear mine. I cannot wait. So this, I'm gonna be like a little kid with a Superman a costume. I'm gonna wear it to sleep, I'm gonna wear when I get up in the morning. I'm gonna cry when I have to take it off to take a shower.
Speaker 3: To Gavin Newsom's credit, which I rarely say, he actually opposes this new Union backed ballot measure aimed at billionaires. I think it's because he's running for president, although the Elizabeth Warren AOC Bernie Sanders wing might come after him for opposing this. But anyway, here's the idea behind it. This ballot initiative, proposed by healthcare workers unions, would take aim at the richest people in the richest state with a one time five percent tax on net worth over a billion dollars. This would mean pursuing assets like stocks, artwork, intellectual property in addition to income and everything else. It's just you are super rich. You're super rich to have a bunch of stuff, so we're going to take five percent.
Speaker 1: Of it intellectual property, so like a patent or the hell.
Speaker 3: It almost seems like it's designed to make whoever hasn't gone to Texas yet, like Elon Musk leave California to get Zuckerberg and is Altman already in Texas? Who all your big players Google whoever? To force them to leave the state.
Speaker 4: I think you would see a mass exodus of the biggest names in tech.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this proposal represents am reading from the Wall Street Journal, this proposal represents an unprecedented effort to tax modern wealth now they need eight turned to seventy five thousand signatures. But I've seen crazier things happen in the thirty years that I've been in California. I never thought we'd get driver's licenses for illegals. Was laughable in the beginning, then became just a thing. So maybe taxing billionaires for the fact that they've accumulated that much wealth and driving them out of the state will become a thing too. In terms of billionaires by state, California is way the leader. California has an estimated two hundred and fifty five billionaires, more than any other state and almost a quarter of the US total. Let's take their stuff, Let's take their money, because how dare they? How dare they right?
Speaker 4: How they dare they come up with something that everybody wants? We'll punish them for that.
Speaker 3: What a weird way to look at the world that, by definition, because they're billionaires, they deserve to give us more money, and they've probably done something wrong to get that money, because there's no way you become a billionaire playing chair.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Well, if you see the entire world through the lens of victim and an oppressor, and everybody is one or the other. It's easy to figure out what a billionaire would be. By the way, this is a wasted breath, But a reasonable value added tax would take care of virtually every objection in the left, right, and center to the tax code where expenditures are taxed, period, because I know what they're driving at the wealthy. They borrow against the value of their stocks and they spend that money and they don't have to enlist it as income. Blah blah blah. Value add attacks would solve that. But again, wasted breath. It'll never happen because our tax code exists to a engineer society to some extent, and b handout favors to the powerful.
Speaker 3: Affordability is the word of the day, word of the week, word of the month, maybe the word of the next several years. We can talk about that among other things coming up.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and getty. Things are getting better.
Speaker 7: As a presidential signature reopened the government, the president's mind jumped to the midterms.
Speaker 8: When we come up to midterms and other things, don't forget what they've done.
Speaker 1: To our country.
Speaker 7: Vice President Vance is rolling out the latest messaging on affordability, tying high prices two high rates of illegal immigration.
Speaker 9: A lot of young people are saying housing is way too expensive.
Speaker 1: Why is that because we flooded the.
Speaker 9: Country with thirty million illegal immigrants who were taking houses that ought by right go to American citizens.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the tying illegal immigration to rents and housing prices is a bit of a stretch. And one of the reasons I think that is it's a brand new argument that just landed all of us sudden after getting killed in the elections last Tuesday around the issue of affordability, and everybody's talking about it, and it's such a clear win if you can make it seem like illegal immigration cause it well, that's something we're good at and it wasn't our fault.
Speaker 4: Well and as a couple of immigration hawks ourselves, it's not a non factor in housing. But to go there first is just silly. Certainly a brand new argument. Yeah, I don't remember ever saying that before. I've heard that in urban areas, you know, drives up the rents and that sort of thing. But yeah, to say that that's the number one reason is just silly.
Speaker 3: I just mean out of the Trump White House, I don't remember ever hearing them use that as the reason it seems like a brand new argument that they've rolled about, which is politically maybe clever. This whole concept of a national conversation. You hear this sometimes when people say we need to have a national conversation about we need to have a conversation in this country about race or whatever.
Speaker 1: It is quite understood what it is. But I guess it's just.
Speaker 3: The chattering going on in the air right or on your computer and articles here and there, and what podcasts are saying, and what radio talk show hosts like us are saying, and whatever people are saying. I guess that's what a national conversation is. And I think it's definitely a good thing. If we're going to have a national conversation about affordability, just all the way around and make that the number one topic. I think that's a damn good idea because things are really expensive, and I don't know what the prescription is for fixing this. I think acknowledging the fact that it's true, since whoever's in power has a great motivation to pretend it's not true. Joe Biden claiming that inflation, no, there is no inflation. Okay, there is, but it won't be here long are things are actually great out there?
Speaker 1: And when they weren't.
Speaker 3: And then Donald Trump the other day saying, you know, I'm not we have the best economy in the world and I'm not getting credit for it. Well, at least prior to yes, we were setting records every day on the stock market. But that doesn't make any difference when you go to the grocery store, you go to Denny's like I did last Saturday night with my kids, and it's sixty five dollars for us to eat at Denny's.
Speaker 1: I mean, what the hell we Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, affluent people are going around saying, my god, everything's so expensive in the base of the MAGA base, it's you know, maybe not panic might overstate.
Speaker 1: It, but it's not too many steps below panic. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So brought up insurance because somebody had mentioned in an email. Everybody talks about eggs and coffee and rent, but nobody talks about car.
Speaker 1: Insurance and homeowners insurance. Just incredible.
Speaker 3: Those are things you need to have if you need to. If you own a home, you have DEVID car insurance. For instance. We got a couple of texts. This is from somebody in Carson City. Thanks for listening to us on the Reno station. Probably their nineteen year old son just passed the driver's test, and he said, that's a whole other story. While kids are getting their driver's licenses so much later. I know that's more and more common now. But man, I got my driver's license. Well I got it at fourteen, but in Kansas at the time. But there's no way I would have waited until I was nineteen to get my driver's license.
Speaker 4: I would have endured a whipping every day for six weeks if it got me my driver's license, right, No gidding sixteen anyway.
Speaker 3: Talking about the car insurance for their kid five sixty a month or for six months, it's three three hundred and sixty dollars for a nineteen year old to have car insurance on the car.
Speaker 1: That they got him. Great Scott, five sixty a month. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: I mean most of us, going back in the day, if you were gonna buy a car and make car payments, you just thought about the car payment. You didn't think about the insurance because it was gonna be something, but you didn't really need it wasn't enough to really factor in. Now you have to look at it like the beck, like the car payment. It might be more than the car payment.
Speaker 4: You've got to just strip everything down to liability and like ensuring the other driver and if you plow into them or whatever, because that's just that's not it's a non starter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's another example.
Speaker 3: I have a twenty twelve Honda Fit and I pay one to eighty seven a month for the bare minimum insurance to let me get almost two hundred dollars a month for a probably paid off, thirteen year old small car.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a lot.
Speaker 3: So yeah, when it comes to affordability, I don't know what can be done about homeowner's insurance and car insurance.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't even want to say this out loud.
Speaker 3: I'm a renter. Currently, renders insurance is still ridiculously cheap. Oh yeah, why renders insurance so freaking cheap?
Speaker 1: It's just your stuff, it's not the structure, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your your evil clutching landlord has to pay that, although it's in your rent, as anybody with any economic sense understands.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, hey, getting back, you know, i'd like to.
Speaker 4: Take talk more about car insurance and homeowners insurance, but they're kind of different beasts and a lot of complexity.
Speaker 1: There, a lot of layers of regulation.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, they're different beasts, but they are left out of the conversation. You know, Like I said earlier, eggs schmegs quit talking about the price I eggs my car insurance is killing me.
Speaker 1: I'll eat oatmeal, but I got to insure my car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, agreed, completely, Getting back to our previous topic, which doesn't matter, doesn't need to be reset. But folks within MAGA or certainly the Republican Party of the Republican base being unhappy with the president and vocally so it's definitely on the increase. Whether it's the Epstein thing, which we were going to circle back to, not to discuss at their length, but we got the inevitable couple of emails and texts from people who are just really unhappy with us.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at CBS News. They're interviewing Marjorie Taylor Green right now. She's on there talking about the Epstein files, and she's hardcore. These things need to be released and it's the big story on CBS right now.
Speaker 1: Well, she's also.
Speaker 4: Hardcore denouncing the reason aide to Argentina.
Speaker 3: But she's as meg as you can get or I don't even know what that means anymore. Has Megan now? Has Magan now become a thing separate from Trump?
Speaker 1: I guess is the question that is the question? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Trump says no, I invented it, So what I say goes uh uh that it's mostly true but not entirely. But MGT is a MTG is also a hardcore on what was the other one, oh, extending the Obamacare something of all horrific things. Something we're going to get into during our three of the show, so to stay tuned. But then they name checking the Washington Post and it's pretty even handed article. It's not like liberal journalism that there's definitely more open criticism. You're Thomas Massey's your Marjorie Taylor Green's Trump upset a lot of people when he was pushing for more h one B visus the other day saying we don't have enough talented people in the country, we need to import workers. That caused at least a mini flap where this goes. Nobody knows events, dear boy, events. As the old English statesman, I once said.
Speaker 3: I forget who I was watching last night, somebody else who was more MAGA than Trump in our government, and thinking, if it's kind of like AI, you know, inventing AI. You could be the researcher that invented AI. But then it goes off on its own, the alignment problem, and it's really its own thing now and you're not in charge. I wonder if MAGA is going to be like that as a movement. Trump invented and everything, and he had control over for qua a while, but now it's kind of off on, off on off, on its own, and it's going to do its own thing, and you're, you know, be out of office in three years and it'll be whatever it's going to be.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, the heck, the history of political movements is often the guy who led the charge ends up on the gallows or separated from his noggin or whatever.
Speaker 1: That's why you kill all your rivals in that sort of system.
Speaker 4: But uh, don't forget, MAGA was my idea, Trump told Laura Ingraham the other day, Laura Ingram, MAGO is nobody else's idea. I know what MAGA wants better than anybody else. Same day, I guess it was the next day he called the Jeffrey Epstein hoax a distraction pushed by Democrats and said that only a very bad or stupid Republican would fall into that trap. You know, Trump could shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue and get away with it with a lot of his base, But I don't think it can call him stupid and get away with it.
Speaker 3: We did get a text about the Epstein files that fits in with the several we've done. Every time you attempt to sweep the Epstein files under the rug or minimize the story, and more information implicating Trump comes out, you two just look like fools covering up for the actions of a pedophile, or at least a close buddy of a convicted pedophile.
Speaker 4: You know that's funny. That doesn't bother me at all. That's just factually incorrect. I've gone through everything that's been really so far, and it is a nothing burger with air fries.
Speaker 1: It's just nothing.
Speaker 4: On the other hand, we get emails like the one from Ben in Texas, who I'll summarize the first time I have been disgusted by your take on something. I can't even imagine being one of the many Epstein survivors who publicly come out and said there are other rich and powerful abusers who have been named in police and FBI reports that for some reason, have faced zero consequences. We would like that to change, only to hear radio hosts called her please dumb and a nothing burger. No, if survivors are actually saying that we have and never would call that dumb and a nothing burger, it's the greater scandal and the call by hypocritic politicians, hypocritical politicians to release the files that they've had in their possessions for years and years, that is fake And on the substance of your note, Ben and I don't mind you being upset and disagreeing this fine, We can absolutely still be friends. I don't think people fully realize how awful it would be if every person named in every investigation the authorities.
Speaker 1: Came out and said it publicly.
Speaker 4: So there's very little evidence you did anything bad, or practically none, but you were named in the investigation. Maybe there's some evidence that you may have been up to something bad, but there's nothing close to prosecutable levels of information to have the FBI come out and name you know, Jack Armstrong and Katie Green as part of a sex trafficking investigation, when in fact you were cleared or or they just you know, there's no evidence really to look further around.
Speaker 1: You were never going to be charged with anything, right, that would be horrific.
Speaker 3: Well, as you've been putting up from the beginning of the Epstein story, what are we talking about here? So are we talking about I'll just use some names that have been floated out there, Bill Gates, Adam Dershowitz, Ahud Barack, former Prime Minister of Israel. Were they knowingly having sex with underage women and got away with it? If they were and you could prove it, then you ought to go after him. But are you talking about the and I think a lot of you are, because I know some of you. Are you talking about the giant child pedal ring that all of Hollywood is involved in and Michelle Obama and the Clintons and blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: You're not.
Speaker 3: None of that happened or is happening. That doesn't exist. And if that's what you're talking about, and I know a lot of you are, we're not covering up anything because that's fake.
Speaker 1: That is completely phony. So it's not a real thing.
Speaker 4: Final word to Ben in Texas. Ben, you made it perfectly clear you don't believe what Jack was talking about. So you're not in that group. If there are people so wealthy and powerful that the authorities dare not charge them with statutory rape, for instance, our sex trafficking, but there's mountains of evidence against them, I would agree one hundred percent with you that we need to get to the bottom of that and it must come out one way or another. But both parties have had a good solid shot at the information for a long time and the opportunity to bring down each other's you know, sacred cows, and they haven't done it yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was watching MSNBC last night.
Speaker 3: They the focus of their our News program was the Epstein thing, and they had a panel of people on there, including our friend David Drucker who's now with The Dispatch, and he kind of threw cold water on their conversation when he said, you know, a lot of these emails that they mentioned Trump, and it's kind of exciting to see Trump's name and everything, but he said, nothing implicates him in anything at all yet. So and yeah, we're pretty far down the road of this. Lots of lots of emails and details and information and still nothing.
Speaker 4: Close, not even a concrete leak right right, which just tells me there's nothing there.
Speaker 1: Although Ben, we certainly could be wrong.
Speaker 4: It's funny that you should bring up the Trump involvement, which I've kind of almost forgotten about as we were.
Speaker 1: Talking about the others.
Speaker 4: Just another one of these six to eight different versions of the Epstein thing that people are coming at this with that point of view.
Speaker 3: Well for the left, which again MSNBC, this is their lead story all week long. It's all about Trump's involvement and there's just nothing there. Have fun, yea, Rachel, Have fun, Rachel. Okay, we got more on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 8: Lift off for a massive Blue Origin rocket, the company's new Glen rocket now making its way to Mars with a pair of NASA spacecraft.
Speaker 1: The rocket's mission to.
Speaker 8: Mars is the first major test for the space company, owned by Jeff Bezos.
Speaker 1: It also marked a big win for Blue Origins.
Speaker 8: Rocket booster landed safely back on Earth, a feat only achieved by Elon Musk's SpaceX.
Speaker 3: I hope they get to Mars in my lifetime and get, you know, great footage coming out of there, and learn all kinds of stuff fascinating.
Speaker 4: Katy Perry will be missed on Earth. However, I assume she's on that rocket ships.
Speaker 3: Tell us if she's in the Blue Origins leading astronauts she's not, she should be Yes, shoot her. I've been saying that for a long time.
Speaker 4: So just a real quickly, College sports rocked by mafia led gambling scandal fourteen charged and of course.
Speaker 1: New Jersey forget about it.
Speaker 4: College wrestlers, two former ructors, university wrestlers, and a newly certified NBA agent Wrestling individuals charge.
Speaker 1: Who's betting on college wrestling betters?
Speaker 4: In short, let's see the charges are the usual two million dollar online sports betting operation. One alleged lou Casey Mob family soldier Joseph Lull Joe perna is acting as a acted as a financier supporting the operation with a couple of his sons.
Speaker 3: Forget about it, you put him in a fireman's carry in the third period. I'm gonna bet on a headlock and that'll cause me to win or something.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get him down, but then you're gonna get let him get up, and then you're gonna get him down again. If I could, I would. We are going to hear about this sort of thing so routinely. It's like the you know, the the police blotterer in your local paper back in the day, you know, a fender bender.
Speaker 3: I have a feeling, isn't betting on college wrestling? Kind of like if you're a drinker and you're in the cabinet drinking vanilla extract? I mean, aren't you to the point where you ought to realize you got a problem?
Speaker 4: Yummy yummy good stuff. Actually they don't make clear that it's about wrestling. It was a couple of former wrests who are charged offshore sites, etcetera. Et Sara, Yeah, okay, ah, right again, we're gonna hear about this all the time. Oh, speaking of the business pages, mention this at the very very end of yesterday's show, And the more I read, the more interesting it becomes. Who pays when AI is wrong? And they tell a story of this solar contractor in Minnesota, Wolf River Electric. They started to lose all sorts of business, and they started calling clients and saying, hey, why did you cancel? We've had a great relationship. Bap bah bah, And they said, well, you know, you've been sued by the government for deceptive sales practices, and the Wolf River guys are like waw ai, completely.
Speaker 1: Made it up.
Speaker 4: They think maybe based on a video game that has a location near called Wolf River, or the game is called Wolf River.
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 3: It does need to be for any reason. Sometimes it makes stuff up out of thin.
Speaker 4: Air, right, And they go into a bunch of different examples of this, And part of the problem them with slander laws is that there has.
Speaker 1: To be intent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need to merely be wrong. This could end the whole AI thing, depending on the court rulings, might be the end of AI. I'm sorry, we got to cancel. AI can't happen because of this.
Speaker 4: Next hour plus the Republican Party needs to figure out healthcare or it should fold up its big tent and go away all next hour.
Speaker 1: Please stay with us, Armstrong and Getty