Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tory Spelling an iHeartRadio podcast. So, DWTS, I don't know if there's ever been a contestant on Dancing with the Stars with the initials TS. I mean, it's like it was made for me until it wasn't. So last night on Dancing with the Stars, it was my second week of dancing, and it was a double elimination, and I'll just cut to the chase. I went home, I went home, I got eliminated, And yeah, I'm still going to take that team name though, DWTS, I mean dancing with Tori Spelling. I mean, I'm gonna run with it. I'm gonna dance with it. I'm gonna run but all day and night long in my head now no longer in the ballroom. But what an unbelievable experience. This is all such a new territory for me, and I had such an incredible experience. There's so many things dancing through my head right now, you guys, so many thoughts, so many feelings. I guess the big word is just gratitude. Honestly, I loved every second of this experience. I'm not gonna lie. Did I want to stay longer?
Speaker 2: Duh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to keep dancing, I wanted to keep living like that. The ballroom gave me such a new take on life and such joy that I wanted to keep going. I felt like I was just getting started. But you know, it's a reality TV show, that's the reality. You know, someone has to go home, there has to be eliminations, and you know, I became so close with everybody. I really didn't want anybody to go home. But I got to say, I have never been in a place where I felt It's funny it's a competition show, because I've felt zero competition with that family, Like there was nothing just support and love, unconditional love. And that's another huge takeaway that I'll leave this experience with. You know, you go through life different experiences in different places, whether it's work, personal life is one big social experiment, right and you never really truly know what you're going to get out of it till you experience the experiment. It was just such a loving atmosphere. So I will miss that. I made such great friends that I hope to stay in contact with. And I got to say, well, I didn't want to go home on my second dance, the dance I went out with was the song that means really everything to me. It was Oscar night and I danced to This is Me from the Greatest Showman. I had all five babies in the audience rooting me on. I had my best friend in life just there. My dear friend Gabrielle from nine O two and Ohero was there. It was magical. And this one was really for my kids, this song in this dance because it's our family anthem. This is Me. The Greatest Showman is our favorite movie. And when we were presented with the opportunity to dance to a song that made it with us from an Oscar nominated movie, I immediately was like, please, can I do Greatest Showmen because it just means so much to my kids and I. The Greatest Showman I know. Twenty eighteen is when we saw it, and it was one of those movies that we didn't see in the theater, and I remember when I saw the trailer thinking, oh huh, I don't know, I don't know how that movie looks. I'm not sure. I'm not like running to see it. The kids weren't like that excited, and it was one of those you know, sleeper movies for me, like it took off for everybody else, like it was a huge hit, but for us, we saw it on pay per view. I remember, I think we were we were at a hotel and we saw it for the first time, and it was kind of one of those things where we're like, oh, yeah, that movie came out and we didn't see it, and let's give it a try, you know, And we watched it and I just remember being like, oh my gosh, it just it was a time in our lives. We were going through some hard personal things with our family, and I was like, Wow, this movie resonates on such a deep level for so many reasons, and a lot of reasons I don't even speak about. I have publicly spoken about my kids going through bullying in their past, their school and social and specifically the song This Is Me was like, Oh, it just hit home. It hit home for me on a personal level, because you know, we all have been broken down, I think in life in one way or another, and it's so personal our own struggles and what personally breaks us. But I definitely felt that song and for my kids, you know, I remember thinking, Okay, they've been going through a lot with bullying in school, and several of my kids had it happened to them over and over again. And I know I'm not alone there. There's so many parents out there that have dealt with their children being bullied, and as a parent, it's such a hard thing to deal with because you just don't want us to happen to them. You never want to happen to your kids, even if it happened to you when you were young. It's like, no, I don't want it to happen to them. And babies come into this world so honest and pure and with so much self love, and slowly life things happen in life that breaks that love barrier down and makes us all feel less than we should ever feel, because we all should have self love and sometimes external things impact that. And as a parent, when you see it happen, you do your best to try to manage it and hope that it doesn't leave internal unseen scars. But you know it does because it happened to you, So you know that words can be I want to say, forgiven, but not forgotten, and they leave an internal imprint, a scar on you. And in some form, it's our scars that build us up to be a better version of ourselves because some of us wear them externally, some of us wear them internally, and it's how we choose to push past them. It's a silly thing. I always go back to, like scar tissue. Like if you've ever had gotten hurt and you have a scar and you have like that tough scar tissue and they say, oh, massage, you can break down scar tissue. You can. I feel like, you know, scars can be broken down. Takes a lot of work, and the internal ones are really hard to work on, and it takes a lot of perseverance and a lot of belief in yourself. And so anyway, I'm babbling, but this song This is Me really spoke to my kids on that level. And so we just made that our family anthem and internal external battles in life were going to keep going and you have to rise above it and pushed through it because that's the only thing you can do. You have to have hope in life and believe. And so anytime, you know, that was twenty eighteen, we saw that movie and that song spoke to us, and anytime my kids have had hard things in life, we go back to that song and We watched that movie literally in our house like once a month, and we sing it and we danced to it. And I mean the fact that I got to publicly do this amazing dance in this beautiful ballroom with unbelievable sets and lighting and just this beautiful choreography to this dance that was so personal and intimate with the most amazing, beautiful professional dancer that Pasha is, and he choreographed such a raw personal story in the dance, and I felt it so deeply in the fact that my kids got to be there and have this performance that really was just for them and for me, but the world got to see. It's pretty special. So I'm glad I went out on that song. That's all. That was a long way to get to what I was trying to say. But and just looking over at my kids in the audience and seeing the pride on their faces, that is something I don't know as a parent, you don't get to do often. I mean, we are our kids' best champions and cheerleaders through life as parents, but we don't always get the opportunity to have them be our biggest champions. And doing that dance and looking over and seeing my babies beaming from the audience. You know, I say I'm fearful of performing in front of an audience. In that moment, I looked over and there wasn't an audience of hundreds or millions watching live on a television screen. There were five. There were five people, and it was like I was doing a private dance just for them and just seeing them smile and cheering. And Pasha was like, did you see Liam, your oldest Like he was like yeah, and I was like, yeah, I did see it. Oh my gosh. So they were so proud and was I shocked that we were eliminated? I guess you can't be shocked. It's you know, it's anyone's game, right, you can't control. I was happy with the judges, you know, I felt like I improved. I took their notes. Last week. I worked really hard to move past the timutory that Carrie Anne had called out, and I feel like I achieved that with this dance because I felt really confident when the dance, I felt really good about myself and I thought I could do right and I got to show off my flexibility. I'm really flexible, and I was like, that's my strong suit I got to do some moves and I don't know. They weren't easy. The choreography, it was challenging, and I worked through it and did it and owned it, and I'm really proud of that. But you know, you can't control how people vote. It's hard.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of amazing people on the show and a lot of fan faves.
Speaker 3: So I think it's an outrage.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I'm calling sixty minutes to do an investigation.
Speaker 1: Ruthan once an internal investigation to the votes. She thinks there was a glitch in the system.
Speaker 3: Definitely a glitch in the system. If airlines can be grounded from a glitch, there could have totally been a glitch in the voting for Tori.
Speaker 2: So I'm suspicious.
Speaker 1: I mean, politically, they asked for recount sometimes, right, can you do that in the ballroom? Ballroom recount?
Speaker 2: I don't these days? Sure? Sure you Gloria all read to do a press conference and say that a recount.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's a brilliant idea. I'm calling her right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll wait, Can you get her on the line. The funny part is we do a full dress rehearsal each week, full out and you know your dress, the music, you know, all special effects for your dance, boom, you do it.
Speaker 2: You go through the.
Speaker 1: Entire show full pass. Obviously, last week, no eliminations. This week, double elimination, so we did the mock one, you know, the faux one of so we all knew where we we would be standing, and they said, we're just doing a fake one. Anyone who's safe, anyone who is up, anyone who you know for elimination. Two couples will be eliminated. We're just going through the motions. We've randomly chosen them. Obviously, it meant nothing because you know, the fans hadn't even voted yet, the show hadn't gone live yet, we hadn't done the real performance. But the funny part is when we did the fake you know, dress rehearsal run through, they were like, okay, the first couple that is safe this week, and they called out Tori and Pasha, which is funny.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I got to experience that, I got to experience being safe and the first one, and I was like, oh, this feels good, you know, and we're like, you know, we ran backstage like okay, cool. So yeah, I didn't, you know, I always talk about my gut instinct and following my gut, and I really didn't have a gut instinct that we would be voted off. I listen, I'm a realist. I came into this with no dance experience, and I didn't expect to, you know, win the mirror Ball. He was like, what a cool underdog story if I like got better each week and just went forehead and like won that mirror Ball for Pasha who deserves it. He's so talented and he's never won a mirror Ball. And I was like, I'm gonna be the one to get it because no one ever, they've never seen me coming but a dark horse in the competition. It's gonna be me, you know, well engine that could the one that everyone thought like, Eh, she's not going to go far, and I'll go all the way to the end. I actually, somewhere deep down believe like I could do this. I really can. But I definitely thought we would be there a little bit longer. There there is a lot of talent. There's a lot of athletes in the competition, a lot of people with a lot of training in the competition. It's a tough season.
Speaker 2: You know, it is not an even playing field at all. It just isn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, they put Olympians against people who have never moved their bodies. And by the way, it's not even just about the physicality and the stamina and you know, the discipline that these Olympians bring to the table, but they're also used to performing in front of millions of people, like they have such an edge over everybody else. And again I thought they were great, but I just don't think that how do you vote and take into consideration all of that.
Speaker 2: There's just no way to do it. Nobody's equal on that show. Sorry, I'm a little bitter.
Speaker 1: I know. Both weeks the bottom three it was, you know, me and Reginald and Eric, and Reginald and Eric are have such amazing spirits for what they're doing, but they do, you know, have physical disabilities that they've talked about and limitations what they can do physically. I mean, I guess we all do. But yeah, it's definitely not an even playing field. Yes, you know, physically, Reginald and Eric because of physical reasons, can't do moves that you know, like an olympian can do. And they're fine physically, so therefore, you know, the wow factor is going to be there with the Olympian and you know, then there's me. I'm somewhere just in the middle, you know. But yeah, I guess I'd rather be first and last. No, well I went home first. That's still like top billing, right, So I got to say, you know, here's the feeling, here's the exact feeling. When they're calling out the safe couples. Is super excitement because you're like, yes, that's my friend, They're awesome, cool, they're safe. And then it keeps going, so you're happy and you hear everyone's name, so you're like yes, yes, But the same time, also in your head, you're like, okay, the numbers are getting less and less, less and less, And I think I turned around a couple times just to do an obvious like site check and like, oh yeah, yeah, it's dwindling down here, we are still here, and then boom it's you know, on stage, me Anna and Reginald, and I spaced for a second that it was a double elimination. I'm not gonna lie, you know. I think I think Anna has a lot of potential, and I think she this week, you know, she was starting to smile, which I know Ezra was really like hearing her towards and she was starting to have more fun and she has beautiful lines. I think she could be a beautiful dancer. But you know, she has a lot up against her with the public opinion of her. So it wasn't shocking to me that Anna was in the bottom three because I'm thinking, Okay, her scores are dance based and they're getting better fan base. I have nothing to compare it to. All I know is, you know, I saw inventing Anna and then I met the real human, and she and I have become unlikely friends. You know, you know, you hear everything and then you meet this person, You're like, she's very kind to me, She's nice. I had a great experience with her. I like her. And this is me saying this, taking everything that's been written about her, everything that is that she has done. It's just as a human. I liked the human and I took everything else away. And I'm like that with people. Though I'm not a judgy person, I'm able to get to know the person based on what I know of them, not what others know of them or hearsay people have based stuff on me my whole life. Obviously, she and I it's very different playing field here with what I'm kind of skirting around the issue. I'm skirting around here, and in probably not an eloquent way. I'm very tired of her last night. But what I'm the point I'm getting to is I wasn't shocked that she was eliminated. I probably I figured she would be, which you know, if it was all based on performance and people getting better and achieving something through dance through this experience, celebrities building, which was what I think it should be. I thought, you know, she should stay and she's getting better, but the public's voting, so I'm like, she's going to go first. But you know, then it's me and Reginald and I'm like, oh boy, I love Reggie. So I mean, obviously I grew up watching Family Matter's huge fan. But I did one of my first TV movies with Reggie and we filmed in South Carolina and it was like the second time I think I had ever been away from LA and we became really good friends. He was like a father figure, but more than that a friend. We did this TV movie. It was me Patrick Muldoon and Reggie in nineteen ninety six, so I was on Nino two and zero and dadle Bursews. I think it originally aired on NBC and it did South Carolina and we filmed there for a month and had such a great experience and I just had such like such a wonderful friendship with him that off and on through the years we would see each other and then he'd be like, Oh my gosh, and you're married now and you have babies, and you know, it was like off and on we would run into each other, and so being there with him through this experience, he was like initially when I first came into it, I was like Reggie because I was like, oh my gosh. You know, it was a safe place, and you know, I championed him because you know, he has physical disabilities at this point, I think he's seventy two years old, and you know, he has a hard time walking and doing and he went out there, but he is a champion and his spirit and his drive and he would come to rehearsals every day being so optimistic. So we would just always like hold hands and just love on each other. And so I was like, oh man, but I did think, you know, because he's limited and what he can do, and he's doing such a great job. But I didn't think it would be me, you know. I thought, Okay, well that bums me out. But Reggie probably knows, you know, this is his time, and he did amazing two weeks.
Speaker 2: Everybody in the world thinking that.
Speaker 1: And Emma Slater, who's his pro, is also personally a friend of mine, and I've known her for a while and she is just the loveliest human. And when Pasha and I'd be rehearsing sometimes we would hear them in the next dance studio and you would just hear Emma going yeah, Reggie, and like she was such his champion and getting him out of his comfort zone. And he and I talked backstage before this performance last night, and he was like, this is the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire career. I was like, dang, Samorage Dame. So anyway, yeah, I remember that moment and I looked back over my shoulder and there was Reggie, and we locked eyes and we smiled at each other, and I thought, Okay, he's probably at peace with this, like he knows that it's gonna be him and he's okay with it. And then they said his name, and for a split second, I heard Reggie and I forgot it was a double elimination, and I was like in the moment, I was like, oh, they just said Reggie's Name's going home? And I spaced out, and then it hit me, Oh my gosh, Reggie's safe. Reggie's not going home. It's me. It's me and Anna. Oh no, it's double elimination. Oh. And then it just like hits you, but you don't have time for it to hate you, because then they're like, oh, okay, you know Julian and a fonsor there, and it's time to like say your goodbyes and oh my what And it's like you just want to say, wait, wait, time out, time out. Can we can freeze frame? Can I go in for a moment and just be like, what just happened? My brain is not processing it. Give me one second for my brain to be like, oh, Reggie's safe. It's double elimination. Anna and I are eliminated. I'm going home. And then okay, proceed. But you don't have that second. It's just like boom, you go into it. And I just was like, oh my gosh. I looked at Pasha and then as I'm making my way to say my goodbyes and everything, I'm like, God, I watch every show. I watch every season. I know how this works. You know you're gonna say goodbye, everyone's gonna come out and hug you, and it's like, oh, man, I was just looking at Pasha, and I was just I felt sad. I was like, oh, he take me out of this for a second. He doesn't deserve to go home. He deserved to go all the way with someone that could go all the way with him. And I got bummed because I remember when I came into this being like, you know, Tory and like doubting myself when I first started this, and being like, oh god, poor Pasha. He got stuck with me, and that all came flooding back. But I didn't feel like, oh he got stuck with me. I felt like, oh, you know what, we had a great experience together. But I was super sad that he was going home because he's so talented and he had already been telling me next week is soul Train week and we were going to dance the Cha cha and our song was shake your groove thing iconic.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was going to have Daniella, our amazing wardrobe stylist, costume designer. Pasha's just like give me as many beads as possible, Daniella, I want her feeds. I was going to have this short. We had chosen gold. Gold was our thing, and Pasha had the rattest outfit they were going to design. Mister Kara was designing for him. Anyway, We're going to shake our group thing. It was going to be such a cool dance because we were going to do the chow chat. But but Pasha had already like told me he had choreographed in his head and was gonna we were going to have disco in there and like just a lot of cool moves and do it anyway.
Speaker 2: Why don't you guys just do it? Everybody's gonna want to see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you guys want to see us do it anyway?
Speaker 3: I mean all of the comments are how you were robbed, how it is there was a glitch, how it's outraged, and I think everybody would love.
Speaker 2: To see that. I think that's such a great idea. I think you guys just film it and put it out there.
Speaker 1: Oh, listeners, let us know, do you want Pasha and I keep dancing because we want to keep dancing. I mean, I heard I get to come back for the finale. They bring everyone back, so I'll be excited to come back, and I definitely want to go back to the ballroom and sit in the audience and chair on my family, my dance family. But it won't be the same. And it's like everyone's like, oh, you can just keep dancing. I'm like, I know, but I just want to dance with this human, like you know when he's going to get a new partner next season and it'll be another celebrity, and god, I really hope he gets really I hope he gets an Olympian next next season with dance experience, Like an Olympian, a young Olympian with a dance background that's a TikTok star and has a parent that the older generation watched on TV or movies. Bingo. I'm going to put that out up there.
Speaker 2: Justice for Pasha. What's out there?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 1: I keep reading that justice for Tory and Pasha.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is that I keep thinking like, oh my gosh, everything comes full circle and everyone's like oh, this isn't fair. This isn't fair. And all I kept thinking is, oh my gosh, life imitates art. No, yeah, life imitates art. Donna Martin graduates the infamous episode, my iconic episode connected to Beverly Hills nine on two and zero. Donna Martin got drunken prom you know, they weren't gonna let her graduate. Everyone thought that's unfair, Like, okay, something happened. I mean, that's not connected here, but the fact that everyone was like, it's not fair basically justice for Donna Martin. And they had to walk out the entire school. And I kept thinking my head like, oh my gosh, imagine like next week they go live and all of a sudden, they're like, where is everyone? And no one is there. All the dancers, all the celebrities, all of the audience. They've just walked out, and they're walking around chanting. Oh wait, so it's not Donna Martin graduates. It would be tory spelling, as they're a dance word with eights gyrates. Is that it tory spelling gyrates or is that mean something else?
Speaker 2: I mean it's a movement, it's a body.
Speaker 1: Of the movement. We could do better but I imagine they all have signs and like everyone's like yeah, and then they're like one more time, justice for Tory and Pasha, and we come out and we do a chacha that just flays, and everyone's like, well, first time and Dancing with the Star's History Season thirty three. In the moment, ABC Disney Plus next day on Hulu, we have all decided we're gonna have a rebound couple, and they put us back in because we get a chacha that just gets all tends and they're like, I guess we gotta let him back in, all right, just do it just like I just show up next week. Yeah, I'm like I'm ready, and they're like, oh, she's lost. Oh honey, you got puoted off last week. Why are you here?
Speaker 2: You're like blocking your trailer. I can't take it away. I'm still on the show.
Speaker 1: So I've become friends with so many all of them on the show truly, but some of them, like we're really close. And I believe when we walked off, Chandler said to me because she and I come really close, and she said, oh my god, that would have been so good when they like handed the mic to you if because it was Oscar night. If you would come out with like a joke that like Moonlight, you know, they said La La land at the Oscars that it won, but it was really Moonlight. Warren Baby and Faye done away, Okay, we're doing that announcements, and they opened the envelope and said the wrong thing made the mistake. So technically like Alfonso and Julianne should have done it. Oh, that'd be a funny video to do it with them. I wonder if I could reach out to them and ask them I love them. Oh, we read it wrong. Sorry, Sorry it was Reginald. Sorry, Torri, Pasha, just kidding. You're safe. Go backstage, crazy kids, You're safe. You're gonna dance at the chat shot next week. Oh my gosh. Well if I could rewrite the story anyway. In the moment, I just was like looked over my kids. I could see their faces and I was just like, it's it's okay. Yeah. I just wanted them to know how much I love them, how proud I am of them, and you know, this whole thing I did for them and I did for me and the transformation in me personally, mentally, physically, like the total package you guys, happened really fast. I can only imagine if I kept going, I would be like the best version of me ever Because if in only two performances I have come this far that I mean, I carry myself differently externally, like I stand up straight, I have good posture. I want to answer you guys. Yeah, but mentally and emotionally it is like done. So I say, like ballroom is my therapy, it really is. And if I could make that much of a change, like I haven't made that change in fifty one years, Like and I've been to therapy like a gazillion times, and wow, imagine like two like it was like two therapy sessions basically, and I was like a changed woman. Like I can only imagine if I had like weeks and weeks and weeks of therapy. Ooh, it'd be great fallroom therapy. But yeah, that's what I'm taking from this is that it really it changed me. And the hardest part about when you change is not to fall backwards. And that's human, you know, we change leaps and bounds and then we slipped backwards and then we creep back and go for it. But I just want to keep going with who I've become because I like her.
Speaker 2: I like her a lot.
Speaker 1: She's rad she's great, and it it was an odd place that I found her. I found her on season thirty three Dancing with the Stars, and it's wild. But yeah, that's my takeaway from this definitely. And then I know I was so in the moment I didn't even hear them ask Anna, you know, I think I was just turned into Pasha, like hugging him or like we were in our moment that we didn't even hear. And they asked what she would take away from this experience, and she said nothing, which that's her sense of humor. Like, that's very unbrand. I feel like people were offended. It had nothing to do with Dancing with the Stars. That's just she has a very dry sense of humor. And yeah, but I wish I wish I had heard it. Oh watch on TV anyway. Then everyone comes out and they're all like, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, and I'm just like, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, and you're hugging all your friends, and I just remember Daniella Danny, who is Pasha's wife, who's dancing with Dwight, and she's been just it's been amazing becoming so close to her. It's kind of like you get the full package when you dance with Pasha or when you dance with Danny. They're just a team and talk about a couple goals. They are such an amazing couple. And she was like our biggest champion there like Danny was. Just so it was always her, you know, like the female perspective. You know, obviously Pasha can give me the male perspective. And he was always so great about He would joke that I got better as the weeks went on, but like he would say, it's like carrying a tray with glasses of water, you f you like balance them. That's me because you can't move too quickly. You gotta go slow sometimes and sometimes you can come in real confidently, like you know, so like because I'd be like panic about something and he'd be like it's fine, and he would talk me through it and I'd be like okay, okay, and it's like, you know, he just he got to know me so quickly. And someone asked last night on the press line, like what I'll miss working with him and doing and I was like, just having that connection because I can't believe in such a short amount of time, I said this, like, I mean, I have best friends, I have family, I have personal relationships I've been in like this partnership, this dance partnership is so much more than a dance partnership. I don't think I've ever had anyone in my lifetime get to know me and know me that quickly, Like it's insane to me how well he knows me, and that it's like a connection that you can't replicate, like you can't. I don't know. It was a connection that was meant to be, and I look forward to continuing a friendship with him in some sort of dance partnership. I don't know, but yeah, Danny, his wife came out and she like I just remember her running up to me and she just looked devastated, and I was like, oh yeah, but I hugged on my friends and I said, oh see soon, and I was like, oh it sucks, hey, I wouldn't be human, I find say it sucks, like yeah, I feel like I handled it gracefully. And then all of a sudden they cleared the ballroom and it's just gone. Everyone's gone. And I had this weird moment because when you're there in the inner workings of Dancing with the Stars and you know, like it's all like the back like they call it the breezeway, and it's all concrete and it's just huge set. And then you know the back breezeway before you go outside into the big studio lot. There's concrete floors everywhere and little like hallways and it's dark behind the set. Since all of a sudden, it was just like people are always on you, like there's someone with you at all times because they're making sure you know, there's it's a well oiled machine. There's so many moving parts at all times, and timing is huge, whether it's rehearsal or on show day like everything, so there's always people like pulling you in a million different directions. And there was this one moment when it was all set and done that I was in the back and I'm going down this dark hallway, concrete everywhere, walled wall behind the set, and I looked over and it was just me and Anna and we're walking. There was no one. It's like, hello, guys, Wait, how do we get out?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna help us out. Wait, and I was like joking to her. I'm like, Anna, Yep, that's it. We're eliminated. Everyone's gone, they've left the building. But yeah, and then Pasha and I had to do press, and it's so funny because there's a press line each week, and everyone was like, are you okay to do press? I'm like, yeah, of course, like of course, of course, you know, like I want to be here for the show and support the show and support this journey and I'm happy. I had this amazing journey and it's assume, but I had a great journey and I want to do this with Pasha and be there, so of course I'll do press. And we were about to go do the press line and then my kids came backstage right before I went to do it, so and they as they're walking towards me, I just see all their little faces, little sad faces, and I said, no, it's okay. I said, you guys, it's okay. I said, don't be sad, don't be sad. It's okay. Well, and they're like, we're really we're bummed. We're really mad. It's not fair. And I said it's okay, though. This is life and this is the way it was supposed to play out. This is through I don't believe in coincidences. I believe everything happens for a reason. Everything happens in the right time and for some reason. And I don't know what it is yet, and we'll know some time in the future. We'll look back and be like, oh, that was supposed to happen at this time. This was my time to go home. And I said, but I got to have you guys here two weeks. This is the song I'm glad I went out on because this is our family song. And I did this for you guys, so I won. I would have liked to put the mirrorball somewhere in my house. I would have been super creative with it. I'm thinking like an acrylic box and like something she can like maybe like in a corner on a pedestal, like really nice. I don't know, with some malachite stone. I don't know something, huh. But I said, at the end of the day, I'm the winner here. I won because I got to do this for you guys. And then I went did the press line and then we left and I said to Ruth Anne, I think I want a drink my kids went home. So we went back to the house. Everyone situated, and then I was like, because I have not had one drink. And I'm not a big drinker, you guys, but you know, I'm a mom. I you know, I have wine or sometimes of vodka, soda like whatever. I'm a social drinker, let's say that. But during this process, I haven't had one drink. So and like what a month? And I was like, you know what, I'm going to have a drink tonight. Let's go have a drink.
Speaker 2: And then it was so late, right.
Speaker 1: Ruth Anne, we couldn't find anywhere open to find a drink. I'm like, what, so, La, you know, there's certain cities that are alive at night, and you know, Tuesday night nothing's open late. But like, like, if you're in New York, say that never sleeps, you can get a drink anytime of the night. La, not so much. But you know, if you're in like Hollywood, you can. I live in the Valley, which I love, but it's a little sleepier. You know, everything closes, you know, if you want to get a meal, good luck if it's after nine, like it's things like that. So we were like, okay, let's try to find a drink.
Speaker 2: And we're on Yelp?
Speaker 1: Was it or we were on Google? You were googling. I was literally not knowing what to do. I'm like, I don't know. I don't go out like at night.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was gurgling to see like what his open establishment was open that was close by because we literally, you guys.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that late.
Speaker 2: It was like what it was like ten fifty.
Speaker 1: It was like ten forty five, ten fifty, and it was like, oh man, And I'm on Yelp and I put in bar current location open now. So she finds She's like, oh, there's an Irish pub open. I'm like, I've never heard of that. Okay, fine, let's go.
Speaker 2: Oh oh.
Speaker 1: First we tried to go to canteen and it was closed. I was literally and You're like, it's open. It says it's open. And I got out of the car and I walked around and like the shades were drawn like down, and I'm like knocking, like hello, hello, is anyone here?
Speaker 2: Your hair still done from dancing with the full on?
Speaker 1: Like knocking, nobody's there. So then we tried to find this JJ Sullivan's. We couldn't find it. But we did find one place that was open, and it's one of those like open concepts, so it's like no front and like it's on the street and you can go right in. And we see the bar, so we park, but Ruth fancies them putting the stools the bar stools up on the counter and she's like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Run.
Speaker 1: So so I'm like, okay, I always take a cue. I'm good at following direction, asked Pasha. So I'm like okay, So we like run and there's two people sitting at the bar and we run up and Rithian says, are you are you still open? Can we order a drink? And they said, I'm really sorry, we have no ice left. We put everything away like we can't and you, guys, I never I'm not this person. I never pulled the celebrity card, never pulled the Tory spelling card. This flew out of my mouth. I go, please, I was just eliminated from dancing with First.
Speaker 2: I need a drink.
Speaker 1: He looked at me and he goes, oh my gosh. He goes, my mom used to be a makeup artist on that show. Well, we have wine or beer? And I said, please, yes, we'll take wine. This lovely bartender served us a glass of rose, and then the two people that happened to be there are only two people left there sitting next to us, finishing their drinks. She turns to me and she goes, oh my god, honey. She gets up, this lovely woman. She goes, I'm so sorry you went home tonight. I haven't seen it. I said, oh, spoiler alert, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Me and an Anna Delby we went home in double elimination. And she hugged me and she because you were so good. And she said, oh my god, I'm gonna watch it when I get home.
Speaker 2: And what did you do?
Speaker 1: And I said, I did the rumba and she goes, this woman ends up being a ballroom dancer.
Speaker 2: What are the chances.
Speaker 1: She and I end up doing rumba moves as I drink my rose. It was an amazing moment, and I'm like, oh my gosh, Well, if you're gonna go out, this is the way to go out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we gotta go. Sixteen minutes. It was returning my call.
Speaker 1: Wait seriously,