Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 2: Erness What's Up?
Speaker 1: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting business that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more. That's Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing.
Speaker 2: Your vision forward. How do you see the media business pivoting on the economics side and what's your plan person, Well, podcast wise, it's already pivoted.
Speaker 3: You've got thousands upon thousands of podcasts, so there's no way to get around that. I'm proud of my man, Shannon Sharp Club Shay Shay doing his thing, no doubt about it. The Cat Williams interview was off the chain, and I think more than half of his subscribers came because of that interview alone, So major, major props to him for pulling that off and doing what he did, and he deserves a lot of credit, but Nightcap ain't nothing to sleep on either with him and o Cho Senko may and give it arenas you know, so major props to them for that. But I would tell you that, you know, when you see the paradigm shifting in our media business, it's because the public has stated we're not interested in linear television as much as we have. What people are confused about is that doesn't mean they're not interested in the content that linear television provides. They just wanted in a different platform than linear television provides. They don't want it on a TV screen where you got to buy a TV. They want to be able to watch it on their phone. They want to be able to watch it on their iPad or their laptop or whatever. And not only that. If you really really think about it, it's nothing different than what society has done for ages. Youngsters dictate the direction. They may not pay the bills, but they dictate the direction. So it's like a kid that's growing up, right, Well, you know what, I don't feel like doing this.
Speaker 2: I feel like doing that.
Speaker 3: I want to go to the movies, but then after that, I want to go to the amusement partner. Then out there, I want to go to Cony of you in New York, you and Brooklyn. I want to go to Coney Island. Well, hell, I want to go to six Flags. Well, damn it, not six Flags. Now, I want to go to six Flags out of Virginia. Okay, Oh by the way, now let me go to Disneyland. Oh that's an Anaheim. Oh damn it, Disney World. I'd rather go there. You see what I'm saying. History has shown us that these transitions, that trans that take place, it's dictated by our youth, not financed by it, but dictated by it. Because because if you're a parent, you're going to give the kid what they want for the most part, if you can afford to do it, and they deserve it.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what. That's exactly what's happening now.
Speaker 3: The kids are telling the parents who happen to be executives at the linear networks, this is what we want.
Speaker 2: Not only that streaming.
Speaker 3: Has proliferated, and so when you look at Amazon, Apple, you know, Netflix and everybody else with you know, Prime video.
Speaker 2: All of this stuff.
Speaker 3: They've created different platforms that has forced the linear world to capitulate to the direction that it's going in sooner than it would have liked, and as a result, you're seeing a dwindling number. But it makes me laugh being at ESPN when people act like ESPN is losing this audience.
Speaker 2: No, we're not. We're just losing it on digital. I'm sorry on linear me losing.
Speaker 3: In a digital stratus. Fyre go check out ESPN YouTube's number, esben YouTube numbers. Look at them comp to everybody else, and look at their numbers. You understand they can talk about Disney Plus and stuff all they want to. Well, we're talking billions upon billions of dollars that are being generated. You saw that there was recently a shareholders meeting where it maintained by Viger remaining.
Speaker 2: As the CEO of Walt Disney.
Speaker 3: What has he been talking about losing we ruling out Disney Plus. We've seen them drop the ESPN phone in the past. We've seen them drop other stuff in the past. How come you ain't say goodbye to Disney Plus? How come you ain't say good bye to the ESPN Plus because there's money to be generated there.
Speaker 2: You just got a master.
Speaker 1: They are trying to figure out what to do with ESPN.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, no, but that's only because again as a linear platform. As a linear platform, okay, we might pair it with Warner Brothers and Fox and what have you, because we got to compete with the market cap that is Amazon and Apple, all right, and even combined they're worth about a little under four hundred ESPN, Warner Brothers, Discovery, Fox, you worth about under four hundred billion. Well, Apple, Amazon, y'all know this better than me, because y'all experts in this field. They're worth nearly three trillion apiece. So that's what you're competing with. They just don't choose to specialize in the sports landscape the way that ESPN does. So what I'm saying to you is you come to me years ago. I now knew none of this. I paid attention to none of this. But now I'm looking at everything that's transpiring and how they're doing business where our audience lies. You can't tell me, for example, first Take. This is the success story of First Take in an age where the linear audience is dwindling and fading and shows are getting canceled.
Speaker 2: Our ratings are up.
Speaker 3: We're at a point now where I'm measured against me the show is measured against it year over year.
Speaker 2: This is what all right?
Speaker 3: We up year over year for twenty consecutive months, we've been up year over year. That's bringing in over five hundred thousand viewers. Did you know that annually on ESPN digital like YouTube.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I myself, by myself generates over two billion views a year annually by myself.
Speaker 2: For ESPN, for ESPN on YouTube, ESPN YouTube stuff like that. Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm saying their platforms over two billion by myself. And so when when I look at that, I'm like, how could in a less audience?
Speaker 2: Of course, we still have the audience.
Speaker 3: They're just watching us in different platforms and you got to know what those platforms are and how to monetize it so you know how to make your money.
Speaker 2: But the audience hasn't faded.
Speaker 3: It's just that they've said, we want to watch y'all on different platforms.
Speaker 2: We don't want to rely on the TV to do it.
Speaker 1: So this is, I mean's a couple of things to unpack this. Yes, the one thing that ESPN does have that the Apples and vasions don't. An Amazon has the MLB and Apple has them trying to get involved, right, everybody's trying to get into live sports. Yeah, obviously ESPN has it with the NFL pretty much every league. As you know, you're watching that as a businessman. Obviously you're you're working for the company, but as a businessman, you're starting to see the club Schachs right, like, yes, you have your own YouTube channel, right, six hundred thousand subscribers, congratulations on that, thank you.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We saw Ryan Clark recently use that as leverage to negotiate. So as you're building the I P are you you're looking at this like this is also my leverage, right, because it's it's it's it comes to a point now where if you're watching ESPN, like we watch McAfee's well documented the amount of money he's making, which is congrats to him because it's a totally different formatfe it's working. But you watch the landscape, right, you see everybody at Fox, CBS, right, you see ak Men, right, Stephen a well popular and all these guys. Are you building the leverage in terms of you know what my atturn is coming, let's talk.
Speaker 2: I already have.
Speaker 4: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts, an MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels of ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,