Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty Strong not live from Studio c Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: We're off for taking a break. Come on, you get a break, We get a break. We'll be back live for twenty five. Enjoy this carefully curated Armstrong and Getty replay. And as long as we're off, perhaps you'd like to catch up on podcasts, subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand, or one more thing we think you'll enjoy it. Sir, I do want to talk more about the assassination of that healthcare guy in the reaction to it online, but also in terms of how much ignorance is being displayed. And I excuse people for this because the media never writes about this, or very very rarely does. The unholy horrific interaction between government and specifically Obamacare and Congress and private healthcare and insurance. It is an unholy relationship which forces the private insurance companies to do things that they would not normally do. So if you think, you know, I got denied or whatever, and it sucks and I'm angry. Well, yeah, you've got to look at Congress and people don't understand that. So maybe we'll get Craig gott Wallace on to talk about that later this week, or talk about ourselves.
Speaker 4: But anyway, we're going to talk to a couple of our favorite military analysts about what's going on in the Middle East, because the United States is involved. Absolutely, we have troops there and did a lot of bombing yesterday in Syria, for instance. So that'll be at least an hour two. I hope you can catch that. An economic thing that I find interesting. Last week I was bemoaning the fact to that I did not buy bitcoin. Even even if I had bought bitcoin after the first time I bemoined bitcoin after the election, I still would have done well. And then it hit one hundred thousand dollars last week and whatever. But this article on the Wall Street Journal young men are making risky bets on crypto and politics and raking it in right now, I thought was an more interesting sociological story than financial story about the way young men feel in this country. And as a guy who's raising a couple of young men, it worries me a lot and did you know this if you had a hypothetical portfolio.
Speaker 2: Of course, nobody would have this, so it's a little unfair.
Speaker 3: But if you had a hypothetical portfolio holding equal amounts of bitcoin, gold, the meme stock, game stop, and the sports betting stock draft kings, you would have returned sixty two percent so far this year. That has tripled the returns of a traditional portfolio that most of us have. Sixty percent stocks, forty percent bonds, that sort of thing. Sixty two percent. That'd be a pretty good year if you had those days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's mostly young men that are doing this thing, these things, these kind of stocks. Some forty two percent of men's ages ages eighteen to twenty nine invested in or used crypto, versus only seventeen percent.
Speaker 2: Of women in that age group. A Pew Research.
Speaker 4: Center said almost eleven percent of men say they are well, I'll skip that, I'll get to this because I don't want to. I want to use a part time. I want to get to the part that I think is actually most important. Some men say they have little choice but to roll the dice in a world they believe is stacked against them. Their participation in the labor force is falling while it's growing for women in their age. Young men are is less likely to enroll in college. Men out earn women in the workplace and are more likely to reach executive level positions. But some forty five percent of young men said in twenty twenty three they face gender discrimination. Only a third of men said that in twenty nineteen. It's now almost half. That's how much it's grown in just a few years, according to recent survey. And then it goes through how many women are in college campuses, and are this percentage of that and that percentage of the I think the view that younger men have of themselves in their role in society. Wow, that's an underappreciated problem we have in the country, and I don't know what we.
Speaker 2: Do to fix it.
Speaker 3: I agree completely absolutely. You combine, you know, the things you mentioned with people are not coupling, partly because so many women are radical leftists who won't couple with anybody who's not a radical leftist. You got to just the value of the nuclear family being diminished in society, and just all of the things that all of the like most fundamental and primal things that drive men. I will provide and I will protect have been taken away.
Speaker 4: We've talked about this for a couple of years about how the percentage of working age may bills that are not in the workforce is as high as it was during the Great Depression.
Speaker 3: That's horrifying, Yeah it is and strange. Yes, it is very strange in a society that's not, like, really focused on what's going on. There is gonna pay price for it at some point. No, because of the utterly moronic whatever they say it was the second phase of feminism or something where to be pro woman meant to be anti man, which is just an idiotic notion. But that doesn't mean it wasn't really popular.
Speaker 4: But does this surprise anybody that more women come out of high school thinking, oh, yeah, here are the many opportunities for me in America of ways to make a living and make a go of it in the world.
Speaker 2: And it's much much less so for.
Speaker 4: Young men to feel like, you know, college is for me, welcoming for me, or this career path or whatever.
Speaker 3: I have no data to prove this point, but I suspect that it's true. I think a lot of young men also emerge from their schooling beaten down right because they have been systematically given the message there is something wrong with you merely because you are male, but also because like as a little boy.
Speaker 2: You acted like a male.
Speaker 3: Masculinity of any sort, including boyish energy, is pathologized in our sick, sick communist government schools, combined with an attitude that is changing things to Mike Row and lots of people, but an attitude of the kind of jobs that a lot of men would like to do are belittled, and you know, paper pushing jobs that more women would be more interested in are seen as fantastic. Well in just the whole Obama era smugness about of course everything he did had smugness about it. But the idea that college is the only route for the respectable and those unwashed idiot brutes who don't go to college and work their menial jobs building HIVAC companies and being carpenters and whatever, that's just.
Speaker 2: Sad, so sad. Do they even have the power of speech, those brutes? I mean, that was the attitude.
Speaker 4: So if the takeaway from that article in the Wall Street Journal was supposed to be that men feel like they either do or just feel like they have no route to success in America. They're going to take these higher risk bets on crypto and some of these other stocks. The Wall Street Journal of all publications shouldn't go with if you had this imaginary portfolio.
Speaker 2: Well nobody does so.
Speaker 4: And even if you had that imaginary portfolio, you'd have to get in at the right time and get out at the right time to take advantage of that. So I mean, again, the Wall Street Journal of all places shouldn't shouldn't play that kind of game, right, right?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I uh, well, I've had more to say on that, but that's probably enough for now.
Speaker 4: Well would you say, am I right or wrong about this? Maybe I'm just trying to assume my hurt feelings over the fact that I don't understand cryptocurrency. Is it just a very small percentage of people that are actually getting in and getting out at the right times?
Speaker 5: Too?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean every time it goes up, it goes down again, and those people take a bath. But that's not very exciting to write or read about. So it's like people who lose at Vegas. They don't come home and tell their friends the other part of it, And this is the part that I decided not to say, but I'll go ahead. I lost four thousand dollars. Then I got chlymydia. Nobody ever told me that. So I used to play a fair amount of poker. I play less now. And I think it's interesting that what is one of the big financial places has all of their new associates take one hundred hours of poker training and playing and all so they start to understand risk and levels of risk and that sort of thing. And I don't get frustrated about missing these meme stocks and stuff like that more than a little because and I hope this makes sense to if you play poker, it certainly does. You have a policy depending on where you are in the game, how many chips you have, whatever. If I have like a decent hand, I will roll the dice and pay some to see, like in Texas, hold them the flop. Those are the three community cards that come out first. But if I have a crap hand, I have a three and a seven, for instance, I'm not going to pay anything to see that flop because it's just unlikely as a percentage, it's not likely enough that it would bear out for me.
Speaker 2: And sometimes so you fold your hand. Then sometimes the flop is three threes.
Speaker 3: I'd have had quad threes and taken everybody's money, but that doesn't matter. My policy is I do the math in my head, and I don't gamble on things not worth gambling on. So as long as you have like a method to the madness of your investing in your financial moves and don't beat an maybe it is. Maybe you're young and untethered and you chase meme stocks and bitcoin and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Good for you, but y fun. I'm kind of jealous.
Speaker 4: But why does the Wall Street Journal crowd talk up crypto like it is solid sound investment strategy. They don't believe that. There's no way most of the people in the Wall Street Journal believe that. No, it's almost just purely speculation. So just it's exciting, It gets clicks, So it's just like any other newspaper. It's just yeah, I see those articles. I read them too, Yeah, yeah, and I kicked myself right in the ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I try not to because that that whole foma thing. Oh, it comes on strong, doesn't it. It's like you run into a guy who says, yeah, I bought Apple in nineteen ninety one at four dollars.
Speaker 2: Shut up. Nobody wants to hear that. Shut up, you're right.
Speaker 4: Nobody ever says I got into bitcoin late, thought I would jump on it. I lost a bunch of money and I got chlmydia once again.
Speaker 3: I don't know how this guy got clividio and my stories everybody gets chlmydia.
Speaker 2: Well, it's everywhere.
Speaker 1: Careful the Armstrong and Getty Show, Yeah, or Jack your Shoe podcasts and our hot Lakes.
Speaker 5: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: One question I don't know the answer to, because we're in this business so we are really not in touch with the average person is how much regular people are paying attention to this. I've heard a number of people punditing around how normal people aren't paying attention to anything that's going on politically right now. They kind of hear about it and think Trump won't actually be the candidate. Willie or Biden's too old, isn't he?
Speaker 3: But they aren't paying any attention at all to any of this stuff, and this will be their first introduction to the thing where and that might be part of Biden's strategy.
Speaker 2: Hey, Trump's the candidate.
Speaker 4: Did you all realize that he's running again, that a lot of people haven't really grasped this yet.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's true enough, Like I said, because I'm in this business, it seems crazy to me. But right, Yeah, it's difficult to put yourself in the place of the non news junkie.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I look back to my earlier life though, and I wouldn't have I wouldn't have been aware of any of this stuff that we talk about every day, none of it. I think vast majority of Americans don't buy it's by v Trump. I'll it it's eighty plus anymore on any of the issues.
Speaker 2: I doubt it. Oh no, not really, Well, it depends what issue.
Speaker 3: I mean. I'm looking at an immigration story here that's actually quite an interesting More than half of immigrants in the US are unemployed.
Speaker 2: So much for the whole weather boon to the economy, they had to take jobs. Americas wop too.
Speaker 4: I was switching around and I was on Fox this morning and they had a live camera at the border with a bunch of people running across, and Brian Kilmead said, hey, look some future lifeguards.
Speaker 3: Has anybody explained that the bizarre and inexplicable Eric Adams quote that why do.
Speaker 2: We have all these migrants who are so skilled that we need lifeguards?
Speaker 3: So as long as I brought it up, more than half of the foreign born immigrant population in the United States under President Joe Biden's administration is I'm unemployed. According to a recent report Center for Immigration Studies released apport Monday that showed just forty six percent of migrants who arrived in the US in the last two and a half years were employed as the beginning of twenty four. Well there their activists would argue, they need permits, they're eating something.
Speaker 2: Who's paying for the food? Taxpayers, the gunment, and the NGOs.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Report found that also found that since Biden took office in January twenty one, the migrant population why are we using the term migrant in breight part, the immigrant population in the United States increased by roughly six point six million over the course of thirty nine months. Six point six million in less than four years. See, I ended up in the shower last night. This is what I do for fun. This makes me a crazy person. And the shower last night was like talking out loud as if I were Donald Trump in the debate with Joe Biden on how I would handle this whole thing, I guess because I'd just taken in so much information about it. But make some sort of speech about I agreed to.
Speaker 2: All your rules. You wanted all these different rules.
Speaker 3: You picked the moderators, you picked the place, you said, no audience, you want the mics. Fine, nothing is going to get you to cover up the fact that the three main issues, according to every poll in America for months and months and months, the economy, immigration, and inflation, you have failed on like nobody has ever failed before. Then you lay out some statistics and you just hit that like five times. Yeah, yeah, I would love to see that. I get the idea Trump is listening a bit more to his advisors, a bit more disciplined than he's been in the past. But whether he will go in loaded for bear in that way, I do not know. I did never know with him.
Speaker 4: He's got to have this stats at hand on the immigration stuff. The numbers, percentages are the wraw numbers to let people know, I mean, getting back to the course, immigration is been the number one or two issue in all the polling, So people are paying attention enough to know.
Speaker 2: That right, I would agree. That's actually why I brought it up.
Speaker 3: I think people are acutely aware of that, even if they're not terribly politically active, they're seeing it around them. They're local towns and schools and emergency rooms and the rest of it. My frustration with Trump is that he'll probably come to the debate with like one statistic on immigration, seven million immigrants, Joe, and then somebody will fact check it and cast a little doubt on whether seven is an accurate number or not. And since that's all he leans on, it'll be easy to dismiss it.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. We'll all find out together.
Speaker 4: The inflation thing again, the news coverage of it yesterday. Good news for consumers is they'll notice inflation slowing. Good news when you go to the grocery store. Oh no, that's not the way inflation works. You don't notice the inflation rates slowing. That's not something you feel. People are gonna continue to for a long time to feel shocked by prices when we go and buy stuff, and the fact that the Democrats don't get that, so he needs to have some answer for that. I don't know if Joe Biden is going to go with the it's the corporation sticking it to you, gouging you.
Speaker 2: But he's got to have some answer for inflation. Yeah right, Please.
Speaker 3: At the very least, I'm putting my hands together in traditional prayer.
Speaker 2: Style praying to Donald Trump. Ooh, a cultist bibe.
Speaker 3: One fact to at least be ready to rebut Donald, is if Joe Biden comes out there and once again says, hey, when I came into office, inflation was nine percent, thanks to you.
Speaker 4: Because he's said that in two interviews in two weeks now, and it's just as wrong as wrong could be. Please, Donald, be ready to rebut that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they hit little KJP with that, Yes, sir in the press room, and it was that job will cost you a bit of your soul.
Speaker 2: She had to say.
Speaker 3: What the President is seeking to emphasize is that the American people are feeling the effects of inflation.
Speaker 2: So she didn't go there. Huh No, she just dodged it.
Speaker 3: Of course, what's she gonna say, Well, he lied, he made it up, or he's senile and doesn't know fact from fiction anymore, or you repeat the easily checked lying number again and embarrass yourself even more.
Speaker 2: Right, so yeah, it's a tough situation to be in Armstrong.
Speaker 1: And Jack, Armstrong and Shoe Getty, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: Welcome to a replay of The Armstrong and Getty Show. We are on vacation, but boy do we have some good stuff for you.
Speaker 2: Now on with the infotainment. Starbucks anounts this week.
Speaker 3: It's doubled it's paid parental leave policy for baristas, while Duncan employees are still insisting they're not the father.
Speaker 2: How is that? What is that? That's some sort of what coast thing? I don't get? Wow? What sort of odd snobbery? The elite elite is out?
Speaker 3: Speaking of the elite, you know, I know you wanted to talk about something, and we will, By God, we will. But you know I'm a big Brett Bear fan. It's an article in the Wall Street Journal. The incoming Secretary of Commerce, Howard Lutnick, just bought Brett Bear's home in DC for twenty nine million dollars.
Speaker 4: Brett Bear of Fox Yes is selling a home for twenty nine million dollars.
Speaker 3: That's because he bought one in Palm Springs a couple of years ago, where he lives now. Apparently for thirty seven million, so he owned Brett doing pretty well. So he's been owning a thirty seven million dollar home home while owning another thirty million dollar home least for a little while, waiting for that to clear the market. Yeah, wow, there are that many buyers at that level?
Speaker 2: No, Jeck, wouldn't that. That's got to be something.
Speaker 4: There's got to be like five people in the entire country, maybe not even that many, because you'd have to be conceivably able to afford.
Speaker 2: It and then have any interest in buying a home at that moment.
Speaker 3: So it might be like two people in the nation at any given moment that could and want to buy.
Speaker 4: A home at that price range. I realize if you have to ask, you can't afford it. But what the hell are the property Texas on a house like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hi karamba, yeahar bear. Thanks for that, Michael, A couple things for you you can't overseell.
Speaker 4: I don't think what a big deal it is. The Wall Street Journal has this big piece on o'biden's brain and how they've been hiding it forever. Here's an interesting thing. Just teasing it because we're gonna talk about it. To kick off hour two. We got to talk about it every hour the whole show today because it's a big deal. A couple of things that I've come across in terms of just teasing the story for later is Matt Welch pointing out PolitiFact said the lie of the year is they're eating the dogs, They're eating the cats from Donald Trump, that's the lie of the year, and links the Wall Street Journal story saying White House meetings were frequently canceled because Joe Biden's brain didn't work. Yeah, yeah, the dogs and cats saying bigger lie than the hiding the fact that they had to cancel meetings all the time because the president's.
Speaker 2: Of brain didn't act.
Speaker 3: And where am I seeing most of the stuff the little snippets of the Wall Street Journal piece from James Holman of the Washington Post, who's retweeting all the most juicy stuff from the Wall Street Journal story, probably because he didn't like being lied to all this time, This initial tweet being and again, we're gonna kick off our two of this blockbuster reporting this morning from and he lists all the reporters they have fifty sources detailing various ways that Biden's inner circle was hiding his decline going back to twenty nineteen, and that's going.
Speaker 2: Back to the very beginning.
Speaker 3: But that's a Washington Post guy saying that about the Wall Street Journal article. I think that's notable. And Nate Silver also retweeting that story and.
Speaker 4: Saying, if you said any of this before June twenty twenty four, you'd get accused of peddling misinformation, like there was literally an entirely new category of misinformation invented cheap fakes concerning videos of Biden's decline that they would accuse you of. Now it's out in the open, and it's interesting that all these other people are retweeting this stuff.
Speaker 2: I find that unique.
Speaker 3: Indeed, I will point out, at the risk of self congratulations, if you've been listening to this show, you knew.
Speaker 2: I mean, we didn't even I didn't take seriously the denials.
Speaker 3: I thought they were hilarious, just idiotic. And it's all been born out again, you know, final punchline, and then we'll get to the story next hour in full, because it's it's well worth hearing. There are still those within the White House who were responding to this story and the various accusations observations. Joe Biden seriously diminished noise. Not you need to keep meetings short and simple with them.
Speaker 2: No, you don't. He's very old men. No not.
Speaker 4: There's still one hundred percent denying it. So again we'll kick off hour two with that. And there's a lot of interesting stuff in that.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I'm talking about government shut down, debt ceiling stuff.
Speaker 4: But there are a couple of interesting things happening. As we've already mentioned, Trump has come out and said he wants to fully get rid of the debt ceiling, which we have said many times before. Trump saying today the Democrats have said they want to get rid of it. If they want to get rid of it, I would lead the charge. It's a fake thing. There's no real value in terms of debt control, and we've been saying that for years.
Speaker 3: It doesn't actually do anything. It just puts us in this weird bickering back and forth, weird political handcuff situation every once in a while, but.
Speaker 2: So far it's never accomplished anything. Right, Yeah, it's hilarious. You could it's in first new clothes. Ish.
Speaker 4: You could make the argument that at least once a year twice a year. It makes you have the conversation about debt, and without it, we won't. I don't know, but so far it's never it's never helped, and it is completely made up.
Speaker 2: It's a man made thing. For what it's worth.
Speaker 3: A newt Gingrich just tweeted President Trump and Republicans should not be afraid of a government shutdown. The next election is two years away. We had two shutdowns in nineteen ninety five and became the first re elected GOP House majority since nineteen twenty eight. It may take shock therapy for Schumer and Democrats to learn President Trump is serious about training the swamp. And a number of people pointed out that during that time, when Bill Clinton was the president, that was our last budget surpluses as a country.
Speaker 2: They had a balanced budget multiple years to.
Speaker 3: A ninety five. I was barely following politics at all. I don't remember. I remember hearing stuff about Newton the shutdown. That sad, but I didn't think about it. Ever, So how much of the population would even be aware DC goes nuts over this stuff. Oh, if you didn't have the media acting like it's akin to the nationwide wild fire or something screeching about it constantly.
Speaker 2: No, you'd never notice, right, And it's always the thing of this.
Speaker 3: Many government ployees will miss a check, yeah, and then they'll get the rest of it like three days later.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no. They go with veterans.
Speaker 3: It'll be veterans, disabled veterans, blind, disabled veterans will not get their checks.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. And the old, the very old, the soul. They can't even lift their hand to feed themselves. Trying to figure out what sort of thing I want to talk about today. Remind the mood for various things.
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, you mentioned Fox News and Brett bher how much money he makes, yeah, or not how much money makes, But he's selling one thirty million dollar house since he moved into a thirty five.
Speaker 2: Million dollars roughly. Yeah, which you mean you have both at the same time, which is crazy.
Speaker 4: Fox News dominated twenty twenty four so much it beat easily CNN and MSNBC added together for the.
Speaker 2: End of the year ratings.
Speaker 3: That is something I'd like to know what News Nation and OAN and some of the other ones are are, what sort of traction they're getting? Yeah, so that I don't want to bring that up. I can't I find it interesting. Maybe I'll bring it up later. I just can't make.
Speaker 2: Myself talk about this. Wow, all right, it's a downer.
Speaker 3: It's a conflicted man. We're listening to, folks, So do you know anything about this.
Speaker 2: Une?
Speaker 4: The president of South Korea who's now gone because he pulled that whole going to become emperor thing and martial law and all that.
Speaker 2: Luckily he suck, even suck.
Speaker 4: Luckily they were able to get back in there and vote him down and open the streets back up and then impeach him.
Speaker 2: Ian Bremmer tweeted this out yesterday, and I know nothing about this.
Speaker 4: Ewan's presidential campaign relied heavily on ai deep fake version of him that was much more engaging and sociable than the real him and got him elected. The real Yun's capability turned out to be a rude awakening to people.
Speaker 2: How did he? How did the world miss the story? Did a guy get elected.
Speaker 3: In a major economicly powerful country? Ian is implying through deep fake videos portraying him in a way he's not at all wow and misled people, And then when he became president, people are like, who are you? You're you're a weird.
Speaker 2: Off putting angry. Exactly did that.
Speaker 3: Think if Kamala had the videos out of her gliding around the room merely throwing out clever bond Mo after bond Mo making perfect sense, not giggling like a moron. Yeah, it could have changed things, huh much. But they don't have Hilary now Hillary. If they'd had deep fakes of Hillary seeming useful and likable and whatever, that could.
Speaker 2: Have turned the tide of history.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes they didn't have They don't have a media there in South Korea where there are sources.
Speaker 4: That could come out and say that never happened. Look, I was in the room that night. That is not what happened or something.
Speaker 3: I have no idea. This is this story's brand new to me. That's fascinating.
Speaker 4: I saw it late last night and I thought I got to dig into that because if that happened, that's a major turning point in world history. I think, sure, Yeah, they do have to figure out the AI. Some scientists needs to figure out what percentage of perfect faces can the brain handle and still think it's real or not. Because the perfect symmetry, I feel like I can look at the AI created people and me, that's ai. They're too perfect. Nobody looks like that. Nobody's perfectly symmetrical. Even really good looking people aren't perfectly symmetrical. But the ad people are the chicks usually because they got them everywhere, and it just they're they're obviously fake.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What's interesting is I know in digital recording, like music recording, you can fix something to a grid so it's perfectly in rhythm, and then you can instruct it to insert fifteen percent variation. Interesting, and I I'll bet that sort of thing's come into visual.
Speaker 2: And you add and you would do that to what mimic real humans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, essentially, it's like you fix something and then you unfix it a little bit so it sounds more human.
Speaker 4: Interesting. So I was a club DJ briefly when I was younger. I knowed I like that Gladys.
Speaker 3: Huh, And it was nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 2: Disco was king many decades after that.
Speaker 4: But so I would have to mix songs together, and like your rap or hip hop music or whatever, they use what they call a click track. I mean it's a computer dram. It's perfect, and so you can mix beats together. But any rock and roll song if you'd try to mix it there, like you know, back in Black ACDC or whatever, you can't because the tempo varies, rolling stones, any of the beat varies. They get a little faster toward the end or slow down in the middle or whatever, because it's human beings involved.
Speaker 2: And I always thought that was really interesting.
Speaker 4: Some of the most popular songs of all time, they didn't keep a perfectly steady beat through it.
Speaker 3: Of course you wouldn't, right, right, And I kind of regret being mostly recording during the ear of click tracks, because when you listen to those songs and it's pointed out to you, you think that's why the last chorus sounds more exciting. They picked up, they sped up a little, they got excited, or they slowed down before it, just because they were all looking at each other. And yeah, there was human emotion involved, exactly. They got excited. Now I'm excited, everybody's excited.
Speaker 4: That'll be the difficult thing for AI to mimic, although they'll figure soon enough. Also, looking at some of the Elon headlines, he is a guy who is not concerned what other people think about him. No, I don't think it ever crosses his mind. I mean he is. He is the all time king of I have no e fs to give mine ego, wealth and autism. I think there's plenty of people positioned, plenty of people with ego and wealth, but they seem to be very concerned what other people think.
Speaker 2: He's not one.
Speaker 4: And I said it yesterday you were gone somewhere that I wonder how much of his ability. Oh, it was the conversation we had about so Katie, you got the name for me, some big business leader, gazillionaire also who worked with Steve Jobs, and Elon Musk was talking about the signal the noise.
Speaker 2: Ratio thing that I'm kind of fascinated with, and he was.
Speaker 4: He was talking about how Steve Jobs was ninety percent signal ten percent noise, as in, ninety percent of everything he did was focused on getting something accomplished with very little extraneous whatever, and he worked twenty hours a day. He said, Elon is one hundred percent signal. Wow, just the way he's like twenty hours a day.
Speaker 3: And I wondered how much of that is his Asperger's just his ability to stay focused without like screw this, I'm gonna do something else. I'm gonna drink Margarita's and flip through you know, porn or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 3: I wish you could step on a scale or get a scan or something and they can say, well, Joe, you're twenty two percent signal.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, what, yeah, no kidding. Do you remember who that was? Katie? Yeah, Kevin O'Leary yea also big on Shark Tank. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know it's funny on that topic. I've got just a minor health thing on and everything's fine, but they wanted to do an MRI of my brain to make sure it wasn't a brain tumor.
Speaker 2: And how do you say I got a health thing?
Speaker 4: It's no big deal. They did an MRI to see if I got a brain tumor. That seems like a big deal.
Speaker 3: I just the details of it aren't interesting, and we're up against a break. It's it's a hearing thing, but it's it's I think I know what it is, gonna be fine. But anyway, I thought it was hilarious that I got the results. I actually saw them at Getting Ready with the show for the show today. Uh, and it said please you share the patient and his MRI looks normal and his brain showed nothing exceptional, and I thought, well, that's pretty much confirmed by the trajectory of my life. Exceptional the Joe Getty story. Yeah, that could be the title of your book. We see nothing exceptional, The Joe Getty.
Speaker 5: Story, Jack Armstrong and Joe, The Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: I dove into this article in The New York Post by Joe Kanca, Democracy Dies in Bias blamed The Washington Post's woes on its blatant political slant, and of course I lapped that up like hungry dog because i hate wildly biased progressive journalism and I'm glad the New York or the Washington Post is getting kicked and it's heiny and that they're changing course as well.
Speaker 2: But I'm glad I.
Speaker 3: Stuck with the article because this was even more interesting. Multiple media outlets are struggling like crazy as Google, Facebook, and to lesser extent x Twitter tweak their algorithms to reduce the amount of news users view and their feeds while keeping eyeballs and clicks for the tech behemoths themselves. They're not sending you to news organizations they're producing the content and trying to keep your eyeballs all day long. Whi's just you know, one more reminder that big tech man, anything that powerful has got to be watched really, really carefully.
Speaker 2: But he makes the point that a steady.
Speaker 3: Flow of traffic has come to a halt, diminishing a critical stream of ad revenue, not only for the WAPO, which has had a catastrophic, catastrophic loss in you know, clickers, readers, to ad sales, all of it, but also for NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, Time, BuzzFeed, NPR, and many others. Some conservative publications are seeing a big drop in readership for the same reason. Breitbart, for example, has talied to seventy six percent decrease in traffic comparing February twenty four to February twenty twenty. Wow, and February twenty twenty the pandemic shutdowns hadn't really geared up yet, So it's a pretty decent Apples Taples Frike Park does a really good job, by the way, I think, Yeah, that is amazing. At the Blaze, the drop is sixty seven percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't. I don't know if I have any point.
Speaker 3: I just thought I had not realized that even your really popular conservative websites, your liberal websites, just everything's down as the voracious appetite of Zuckerberg, Pitch Eye and their ilk just consume everything, right. And I feel like like regular people that I talk to that aren't super news junkies, they just kind of get it from the air. I mean, it just kind of comes to them from It's not the New York Times or CNN or Armstrong.
Speaker 2: Anise, it's their feed on social media. It just kind of gets to them well.
Speaker 3: And the problem with that, obviously is from time immemorial, independent media could support itself through ad sales, and that's becoming harder and harder and harder. And I mean, at the point that can you imagine Bright bar at the Blaze, the Daily Caller, the Washington Times, you know, all of the great conservatives, the National Review.
Speaker 2: If all that stuff goes away and it's just Marcus Zuckerberg giving you your news, ooh boy.
Speaker 3: And his only interest in the news really is what gets you to stay on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Longer or Instagram longer.
Speaker 3: Well, and to the extent that he has a news philosophy, it is progressive.
Speaker 2: Man. I hate that idea.
Speaker 3: If I was a would be dictator of some sort, I'd be licking my chops at that idea. Man no philosophy, but a philosophy of clicks might be worse than a liberal or conservative bent armstrong and