Speaker 1: Once upon a time there was a good old traditional housewife. She cooked, she cleaned, cared for her children and the man of the house, and of course she didn't talk back. She was both obedient and soft by nature. She was a good woman who always made good choices. That we're good mom's bad choices.
Speaker 2: Who's single mom?
Speaker 1: Who said? But the patriarchy shared all their bad choices and found out they were so bad.
Speaker 2: After all, we're experts.
Speaker 3: Overshairs and your new vestie sit back and do the ride.
Speaker 2: I can do a pack, I can do on.
Speaker 3: My Welcome back to good mom's bad choices. I'm Erica and I'm Meela. Happy hump day, bitches, Happy motherfucking hump day. How are you feeling. I feel like a new bitch because you have a new wig. Yeah, okay, if you're.
Speaker 1: On YouTube, then you can see your girl has locks.
Speaker 3: I mean not German, not locks like locks at like lock locks, but like hair.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm inspired. I'm gonna go get me some hair. I had.
Speaker 3: I had one in a cart, but you know I have purchase anxiety, so I never pushed sin.
Speaker 1: But I mean this is a old this is a vintage wig. I got this one about ten years ago.
Speaker 2: You kept it nice. I know.
Speaker 1: I pulled it out, I washed it. I said, we're gonna revive you, honey, because I went, you.
Speaker 2: Have a wig cap like a wig holder.
Speaker 1: I try it, Okay, I do I have wig holders because I was really committed to my wig life at one point. I think this is like right before I met you, I was in a I was on a wig journey, and back then wigs were more expensive. Because I think I paid like fucking seven hundred dollars for this motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Well, you better revive it then, bitch, But I might.
Speaker 1: You know what I think. I I think that I realized that you can't go cheap on wigs because I went on Instagram and asked the people, Hey, where are the best wigs, and they said TikTok, And so I went to TikTok and I ordered three wigs at one in the morning, along with this outfit. Okay, along with this outfit that came yesterday, and a hat that costs one dollar and glasses that cost one dollar and twenty two cents. We'll see how how it fares. I was like, really, okay, and so far, both wigs that have come are are a hell the fuck now?
Speaker 2: I saw the one that Sebastian was wearing that it looks so good.
Speaker 1: I mean, the color was wrong, that color was orange.
Speaker 2: It's notice.
Speaker 1: I was trying to go back to my old blonde ways that I remember. I was blonde for a long time, and it's it wasn't giving at all. And then I got another one yesterday and it had a bang, so I thought, oh my god, this is gonna be the wine. I can't see the hairline, bitch, it is so much hair. I look like fucking Rick James or like Tina Turner. I don't know, it's just too much. It's not let me see a picture. I didn't take any picture.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know I've never I've never deeply got into the wigs or the weaves. I feel too like self conscious.
Speaker 1: I mean, looking in I wore this yesterday and I my short hair, but I was missing my hair and I was like, I'm then a weird growth phase of my hair. I'm about to chop it all off again tomorrow. But in the meantime, I was like, I need to put something on this head. So this is me putting something on this head, and I'm still not brave enough to have the scalp out. No, she was.
Speaker 3: She was brave enough. I had to intervene as a real friend. She was actually one hundred brave enough.
Speaker 2: It looked.
Speaker 1: I thought, maybe it's just because I haven't seen myself with this wig on that. Maybe it's just it's just like an integration process.
Speaker 3: But no, no, we're just gonna wait till you get some baby hairs there whateves. I think you need like that one piece of hair to come through. But you know, I'm gonna get a wig. I think maybe it's time.
Speaker 1: But well, so my friend's mom DMed me and was like, get your wigs from U. Nice you nice? You nice? Or love me wigs? So that's my next, just your next, okay, with some good I'm gonna return these, get my money back and then invest else. How much of are those ways that you got between sixty dollars and one seventy five?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, Well, I you know I'm here to support you during your journey.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Other than that, I'm everything's great.
Speaker 2: I feel like our outfits are looking giving very early two thousands.
Speaker 1: Well, you know it's it is the first week of June, and so I was trying to like live in it up. We're almost at summertime. I was trying to match our set a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's it's no, it's June and gloom because it's been it's been like eighty degrees in La and then I'll go and be fucking raining. So and I need to get my I'm getting my hair to en tomorrownci. I'm gonna take these out, these Jamaican braids. There's time to come.
Speaker 1: Out and have those in for a minute.
Speaker 3: I did because I'm gonna when braids cost four hundred dollars, I'm gonna milk these motherfuckers. So I'm gonna. I thought, we're gonna shave our heads together?
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Almost?
Speaker 1: Should we do to Costa Rica? Maybe that's always been my vision?
Speaker 2: What is this? Your dramatic care cutting visions? Tell me about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, first it was my friends were all gonna cut my hair. I said, no, fuck that, I need to do it myself. But the shaving of my head, I had a vision. I actually had this. Really, I had a really specific vision of yesterday about shaving my head. Because I've had a lot of women DM me saying they want to shave their head and I'm like me too, and so I was like, what if we all get together and shave our heads together?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and then told me.
Speaker 1: And then do it like it'll go viral, right, like we all shave our head like all these then you know the niggas are gonna be mad, like all these bald headed bitches.
Speaker 2: That maybe that's that's our like fuck you to patriarchy.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, but I figured like we could do it here or there's good lighting.
Speaker 2: This is how your mind works and vira viralality. My mind works, and everyone's gonna go viral. Your mind works and clips.
Speaker 3: So me and my best friend we're doing well, but her mind keeps working in clips, so we can't get past the forty five second conversation.
Speaker 1: So if you are listening to this episode and you want to shave your head, DM me because I'm trying to get a load of bitches to come.
Speaker 3: A load of bitches so go bald together. You want to do it in Costa Rica, you want to do it here.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm open if there's like, if there's a load of bitches that want to go bald with me here I will sacrifice my dreams of Costa Rica and do it here. But if not, then my goal was to do it in Costa Rica and like in the jungles and outside and then jump in the ocean.
Speaker 2: This is the problem with your with your with your thoughts.
Speaker 1: There's no problem with my thoughts. My thoughts are perfect.
Speaker 3: Right the first the first time she had this idea, she's like, yeah, all I tried to come over and cut my hair and I was like, okay, but then, what do you have an appointment?
Speaker 2: I was like, but then what but I did, but I do I doubt, but I didn't want you to.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to think it's like look perfect when your friends or you cut your hair.
Speaker 1: But I cut my hair myself on Instagram shows I had an appointment set up that day.
Speaker 3: Well that's why at first I don't think you had it like all like thought out. You're like, it's just gonna look perfect after him, Like you need a real haircut.
Speaker 1: Remember pressure at a queen. I walk it outside without a plan.
Speaker 3: I think you're thinking the movies like g I Jane, where she looked like she was cutting up. In reality, the hair people were like cut and then they fixed it.
Speaker 1: Well, she just buzzed her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wasn't going for like a short pixie. She was going for bald headed bitch like I'm going for with my bald headed friends who are going to be shave.
Speaker 3: You know, my plan always is to shave my head before I get pregnant, because that's what I did with Learna.
Speaker 1: But I just realized, I'm realizing now that my hair is short, it grows so fast so that even if I was bald, even if I did shave my head, I don't have pearls in like two days less. I meant at the minimum.
Speaker 2: It would probably be like two weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because even now with this bleach shit, I'm like, bleach me again.
Speaker 2: Were all you need to learn to bleach at yourself.
Speaker 1: It's hard with curly hair like I don't. I don't skim and my curl path.
Speaker 2: Dad he died, WHI is my dad? Anyway?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is in fact June, and it got here fast as ship. We're halfway through the motherfucking ear. Wow, the time is there fucking with time the government that is Yeah, it's true, And and I'll.
Speaker 1: Be your birthdays this month happ be almost birthday shout out to the Geminis. It's Gemini season right now. Y'all are motherfucking nuts. I love you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can't wait for cancer season. It's all those sweet soft grillies like myself, super.
Speaker 1: Soft, super soft and sweet yeah.
Speaker 2: Super soft, see the cancers.
Speaker 1: Something on the phone with Jamila the other day, She's literally cursing out her whole family over cookies.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: I'm like, maybe you don't have to like curse at them. You could be mad, but you don't need that.
Speaker 2: I'm mad at you.
Speaker 3: When I hang up, I was like, this big, show me out and talk to my family about these fucking cookies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was like going in.
Speaker 3: I was like, God, damn would you I brought home six cookies? Why the fuck would you eat all six cookies?
Speaker 2: I mean, I agree, I'm still mad. And then she was trying to make me feel bad.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I might say in sord of man, he's probably internalizing that. It's probably how his mama talked to him.
Speaker 3: You know what, Oh my god, it's so funny you said that I talked to him.
Speaker 2: I had a terrible thought that.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, what if he does say I talk mean to him, and then he's is.
Speaker 1: This all for me?
Speaker 2: Saying no, this is a couple days before. And that's why I'm like, oh no, you're in my head, bitch, get out my head.
Speaker 3: I was, I was, I don't know if I was being mean or what, and I was, I don't regret.
Speaker 2: The cookie cuss out. I mean.
Speaker 3: Also, my family doesn't take me care like seriously at all. They're just laughing at me. But I was thinking about that. I was like laying down and I was like, oh, no, Like, am I being mean to him?
Speaker 2: Does he like me?
Speaker 3: Because I remind him of his mother and his mother was mean to him. I was like, what if he wakes up and realizes this is the truth. And I'm like, I'm not going to mention.
Speaker 1: This to him. I'm just gonna mention it on the podcast. Tell everybody he.
Speaker 2: Doesn't work here anymore. Like I said, never a word.
Speaker 3: You have to listen now, He's not. He's not going to you know, you told me one time. He's like, I've never in my life listened to two women more in my life. He's like, I've listened to you and Eric more than anyone, Like even the thoughts in my head. He's like, I'm listening recording, I'm listening, I'm listening editing. I was like, that's true. It's probably like thousands of hours of me and Erica in your head.
Speaker 1: Oh my my.
Speaker 2: God, do you hate me?
Speaker 1: He's listened to us more than we've listened to us.
Speaker 2: Literally, Jesus, I'm like, do you absolutely hate it?
Speaker 1: He probably knows me better than I know myself.
Speaker 2: He's literally it's crazy.
Speaker 1: You know, all the unbroken the broken promises I've said to myself here that I forgot about that I had never kept.
Speaker 3: It's just crazy that I now I not that I obviously got used to the freedom. I just would turn my back and pretend like I couldn't see him. But now I can talk. I can talk as much shit as I want. Don't tell him, you guys, don't tell him that maybe I'm the trauma and I'm and that's why he's in loop with me. But in my guilt, I said, I'm gonna I'm gonna talk nicer to him before he figures this out, before he figures out that maybe he loves me because I'm a little mean like his mother. I'm gonna change the turn this around. So I'm consciously re routing my you know how I talked to my family.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you need to find another word for what the fuck? Maybe you have not that nice?
Speaker 2: Do you have? Do you have like an alternative?
Speaker 1: Why would you do this? I have questions. I'm curious as to why you would eat my cookies.
Speaker 2: I was really mad, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: The biggest I mean, I feel like it's an indication if you have a healthy marriage. If the biggest fights are about cookies. All of our fights are about food and hanging out with me and watching ninety Day Fiance.
Speaker 1: His fights are about hanging out with you.
Speaker 3: He wants to play video games and I'm like, no, come downstairs and watch ninety Day Fiance as a family. And he's like, I don't want to watch ninety Fiance And I'm like, oh, I don't want to watch you create cars?
Speaker 2: So yeah, pretty healthy.
Speaker 3: At least it is not I've fought off of worshit, so this is this is a win.
Speaker 1: This week's bad choice of the Week is from our Discord. Shout out to our Discord. If you haven't joined Scord yet, what are you doing? Click the link in this episode and join discord.
Speaker 3: Bad Mom not a bad mom, but a bad mom.
Speaker 2: So good live.
Speaker 1: This week's bad choice is falling for yet another love bombing white man. Damn. I mean, does it hit harder when you're love bombed by a white man versus I have one of your own?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 1: So really, yeah, have you been loved bombed by white man before?
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was love bomb, but I mean I was young and he was like way older and way more well off, so he was probably flying me out and driving me in this Porsche in this fancy house. But I don't know if I would be called it love bomb. I'm I don't get love bombed because I am a I'm like a fairy hoe, like I'm minute and I'm out, Like I've never been a commitment like, I'm like, I've never tried to like create a relationship ever. I'm just like, this is fine, I'll call you in two weeks, let me know when you want to go out of the country. So I don't know, but if I was, like, if I was a more basic bitch, I could probably see that as being love bombed, Like someone really like being impressed by.
Speaker 1: It could be a basic bitch to be love bombed.
Speaker 2: No, okay, well maybe I take that back. It's not what I meant.
Speaker 3: I just I mean, I have my eyes my eyes, my eyes are peeled for love bombers. M I'm always skeptical. I'm always like, why are you doing this? You don't always tell people like you don't have to say all that, Like I'm not the bitch too, you don't got to do all that. Stop stop right there before you start talking girlfriend talk.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Let's not do that. So that's not really or maybe I'm just not love mombable.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I got like bombed. I was love bombed by white man. I got like bombed by a white man, a nice Australian man who I think I've told the story where he was DJ and we were traveling, we're touring together and he was like, oh yeah, flirting with me all the time and then like telling me to come back to his room and have drinks and stuff. And then late night I tried to kiss him and he was like whoa, whoa, whoa, what are we doing? And I was like what, I'm so confused. But then I also realized that most Australian people. They're not fucking with black women anyway, So not like that there's like an infatuation with black people. But to actually and he was like a blonde, blue eyed Australian white man. There was no way he was going to be seen walking down bond eyed beach with.
Speaker 3: Me not bond Oh my god, I just remember, maybe he might be the shit like you're the one black girl in the thirty mile radius.
Speaker 2: He's like, look what I got, guys.
Speaker 1: I need to make I need to go check in with him. He's he was a DJ, and he did that song. Did you ever hear that song?
Speaker 2: I like the way you moved of course?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh okay, yeah. They never know where that man look like the body Rockers or some shit.
Speaker 2: I forgot.
Speaker 1: He was really hot. I wonder if he's still hot. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: About I was gonna say, I feel me personally. I aged out of my openness. I age out of my my my like.
Speaker 2: Oh he's white. I don't. Let's see what happens.
Speaker 3: Like my body age out of it, like I could no longer make out with whites, I could no longer lay with the whites. My body was like no matter how hot they were. But actually, do you remember that time? Maybe he remember that guy I went on a couple of hindhates. Maybe it was tender that white guy and he wrote me that like weird poem. Remember I write it on an early episode and it was like the way you touched me made my shoulders shiver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like super ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look that's him.
Speaker 3: That's my white Erica because like you, he looks like a typical He kind of had like like black features. He does like that face. That's why I was that kind of could be like mixed. Maybe he might be twenty five percent?
Speaker 1: No, No, could you date a white?
Speaker 2: How do you live? How do you put it out of my face? He was kind of no zooming. Can you blake up to that face? Every monk? Remember you told me that?
Speaker 1: No I could, But I don't know the hair you know me and the hair texture.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna like, I don't. I actually saw a post the other day and it was a mixed a biracial girl telling urging the black people to stop.
Speaker 2: Pro creating with whites.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: She was like just stop stop it, And I was like.
Speaker 1: Kaz, sorry, sorry, I don't think you're.
Speaker 2: Supposed to say his name.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just said his music and look him up, Kaz.
Speaker 2: James cas You're an asshole, and Kazi rejected me.
Speaker 1: Fuck you, you confused me. You confuse me. You know what you did, Kaz? You know, look at me now.
Speaker 2: We don't like the way you move. I don't like it at all.
Speaker 1: That's what I only had one hit. Actually, I don't know what you're doing if you're successful, but shut the fuck up talking about Oh no, no, fuck you.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're a white man anger right now. Every time I see like an influencer or like a very rich woman on like a boat with a white man and their kids, I'm always like that looks nice, but like it couldn't be me.
Speaker 2: I always am like, I know, when you go around a bunch of fine tall niggas, you're like, damn what with someone like chocolate?
Speaker 3: True, I mean whatevers, but maybe, I mean maybe not, maybe not. Some women are traumatized by black men. A lot of women are tied by black men too.
Speaker 1: The case all the time. And I think that some of these women are perfectly fine. They got their house, they got their safe, whatever the fuck they needed and they're.
Speaker 3: Good, you know what, It's just like the times. You know, we're in weird times where the whites are acting completely insane again. I mean they've always been acting insane, but they're really up up in the margins right now, and it's just like, ugh, I can't. I can't even like, I can't do anything physically romantic with the whites at this moment, just because it's not good for the ancestors like this time and history specifically.
Speaker 2: No, thank you, your people are acting up. Go focus on that.
Speaker 1: I feel you. Yesterday I went to this, uh, the Africa American Museum in downtown LA, and I went to go see this documentary by a fine Foine Foine by racial man.
Speaker 2: Oh he's fine.
Speaker 1: Oh oh that was Jessie Williams. Oh yeah, mine as hell.
Speaker 2: Do you remember what I saw with the Emmy party. I turned around and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, he is so fine.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: My friend wanted to leave. She's like, I don't like when people start talking, let's leave. And I was like, are you.
Speaker 2: Sure who's your friend?
Speaker 1: This girl? Jess She was like I don't. I'm like, who's your I've never heard of a dress? Like, I don't really like drink panels. I don't really like do the panel thing. I just like to go. I don't want to watch it, but you just wanted to.
Speaker 3: See his face and I was I was hoping that maybe he would talk first, because she told me that at the top, and I was like, okay, so we're not going to stay till the end, got it, Maybe he'll do some talking first.
Speaker 1: No, so he missed his talking. He started talking and then we left and I was just like.
Speaker 2: I he's fine.
Speaker 3: I saw him at the bar at the Emmy party went to and I was just like drinking my drink and I looked over and I made eye contact with him, and I think I physically was like I was like in my mind, I was like like you know when you catch eye with someone, you're like, oh, it's I felt kind of embarrassed, but I was like, damn, he's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is fine, and he's fine, and he's like intelligent and he's like helping our people. He's doing the work. I mean, this documentary was really beautiful. I had I feel like I've definitely heard of Kwame breathwhit. I don't want to butcher his name. Kawam breathwaight, breathwaight. But he's like one of the figures of like that really pushed the blackest beautiful movement. And he's a photographer and he has like beautiful images create he has shot and shot some of the most epic, iconic images in history, but was never like really given his credit. And so his family went through all of his photographs and archived everything, restored everything. Now he's in the Smithsonian. Now he's in the African American Museum of History in DC. But yeah, it was just it was It was a beautiful documentary. We should see it. But also Jesse Williams was ninety percent of the reason why I went. She sent me the love.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, you went far as hell life friend.
Speaker 1: Do you want to go? He's like yep.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm like, you've drove where. Okay, Yeah it.
Speaker 1: Was nice, it was very great.
Speaker 2: Well I'm happy when I wish he would have got his number or something, but.
Speaker 1: I think it's a relationship.
Speaker 3: Now he was with that one girl who's on that cheerleading show with a big lips, white woman. I think, really, you know what I think about him, He's like, I ain't got No, Minka Kelly.
Speaker 1: Wasn't He was with her for a while, a while. I don't know if he's still with her, but he was.
Speaker 2: With that brown girl from the cheerleading show.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, No, he does have a new black girlfriend. He finally figured it out. I think I don't know he was married. No, never mind, he's married to Alexandra on Yeva. Let me see, she's a Spanish actress.
Speaker 2: Since waiting to get married?
Speaker 1: Why is he married to a Spanish? You know they're colonizers too?
Speaker 2: About damn? How do you know she's from Spain? How do you know where she's from? Already?
Speaker 1: It's said the googles, the air eyes.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have a type because he's gone through quite a different different women from No, this baby mom is quite racil after her was a black woman, like a brown woman?
Speaker 1: Like, oh really, yeah, at least seen the baby mama.
Speaker 3: No, no, yeah, That's why I thought I thought maybe I was next. That's why I went at the Emmy party. I was like, oh her, let me say Taylor, Yeah, Taylor, yeah, they're together for a minute.
Speaker 1: Hey, what do me cure?
Speaker 2: Cute? Are cute?
Speaker 1: That out? I want to see her new movie She's in a movie right now with Kiki Palmer called Something Boosters.
Speaker 3: It's the same guy that directed Sorry for Sorry to Bother You Bother, Okay, I want to see that. He's like a quirky director. Anyway, Summer it's.
Speaker 2: Here, It's upon us. It's coming fast as hell too. I'm just it's here.
Speaker 1: Guys. I hate to break it to you, but those motherfucking kids, they're about to be in your house twenty four fucking seven, twenty or seven.
Speaker 2: Unless you put them in camp.
Speaker 1: And unfortunately we don't get summer breaks. I've had to explain this to Iri every year, like, Babe, I know that you're on summer break. I am not on summer break. I am still working. But one thing that I have decided this summer and just been like contemplating. And this is something that we get questions about all the time. It's like, how do you combat mom guilt? What about mom guilt? Fuck mom guilt. I'm done with mom guilt. I am vetoing mom guilt for the rest of the summer and for eternity. I think that we have got to do away. I think we have to like actually abolish.
Speaker 2: The word abolish the word.
Speaker 1: I gotta abolish the word. Just if you can.
Speaker 3: Delete your wholeness, you can absolutely delete your mom guilt.
Speaker 1: If Drea can delete her wholeness, we can delete our mom guilt. In twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: I never I mean no, I mean not lie.
Speaker 3: I often I was like, I'm feeling mom guilt all the time. But you know what I realized too about the mom guilt. A it's made up by the patriarchy, and B.
Speaker 2: It's like it's self inflicted.
Speaker 3: And also like I realize all of my thoughts, every single thought that first exists births out of my brain is either like guilt, shame, or like I'm not doing good enough. When I sit and like really reflect on my thoughts, they're always so negative.
Speaker 2: I'm like what the fuck is?
Speaker 3: And not of like the world, but like only internally, I'm like I'm not doing good enough, I'm not this enough.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what is going on with my brain? The whole brain needs to start overset, brain reset.
Speaker 3: But I realized, like the mom guilt shit is like a lot of the things that I feel guilty about are things that like my parents lacked in. So I'm like almost like projecting the cycle of like, I have to do really good at this because this really hurt me, even though I'm not my parent.
Speaker 2: So it's like this weird.
Speaker 3: And then I realized I talked to my kid, and half the shit I care about she's not give a fuck about it.
Speaker 1: She's like, well, I think it's I think mom gild. Also talk comes from talking to other moms that are like are running them themselves into the ground but acting like they're totally fine. So then you're talking to moms and they're like, oh, yeah, so Susie's in four different, four different camps this summer and she's in in stem class and she's learning how to program computers. Oh and then also Johnny is dead. So then you're comparing yourself and you're like, damn, I'm not I got no camp enrolled, I don't know what, I have zero extracurricular activities. I'm literally just trying to get through the week. And so when you hear other moms that are like essentially out performing you or whatever, like you feel, yeah, you feel shamed and you feel inadequate. And I'm here to say fuck those moms because they're generally unhappy and their kids are fucking overworked. Their kids are fucking tired, they're overstimulated. Why does why does your kid need to be in three different types of activities all because I mean, I get it, but did I.
Speaker 2: Learn better skills of like you're gonna go to work soon? So figured it out of.
Speaker 1: The Some of the activities, at least for me, that my daughter in is literally so that I can do other things. But I think sometimes moms that are putting their kids in all these different things, it's not even about freeing up time for themselves because they're still there. I'll go to the activity and stay. It's about it's about the fear of like your child being left behind. It's about the fear of like looking like you're not doing enough. It's the fear of like perhaps maybe their parent not doing enough, and so now they're overdoing it. And it's like, we've got to just listen to our kids. Our kids generally are telling us if they're unhappy. Our kids are generally telling us if they need more, and nine times out of ten, they're doing just fucking fine. The kids are fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I absolutely agree. I was my calendar. I don't know what the fuck I was thinking, But like the other day. I was actually talking to you on the phone and I was at the gym and I was like, I'll just stay a little while.
Speaker 2: It's a nice day now, And then I was like, oh fuck.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Orlando went to go get Luna.
Speaker 3: He's like I can't find her, and I was like, it's today, she's an AUDITORIU, I'm doing a lat end of the Year BSU fucking ceremony that I've forgotten was that day, so I'm like rushing to get there. Of course I miss her little speech, but I thankfully like Orlando was there, but like she didn't care.
Speaker 2: She absolutely was like okay, whatever. She hasn't mentioned it and nothing.
Speaker 3: But I was just like the rushing that I got there, and like the oh my god, the lack of responsibility that I put in.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I did. I didn'tok at the calendar. I don't know.
Speaker 3: But it's because my parents can't show up to a lot of the things that I did, you know what I mean. And it's like I think we have to a recognize like we're going to miss stuff, We're going to we're going to miss stuff, We're going to fuck up, and like we are human and we were allowed to give ourselves grace. And also just like just because that's the world we live in is so comparative. We're looking at people at social all day. People are putting the best of the best of themselves on social, so like you're inevitably we're comparing ourselves in every way to everyone, and we don't even know the real of everyone's life. Like that mom who's telling you that her kids in fucking stem research fucking camp, it's probably because her husband's rich and she and they have a nanny and a driver and dinner's prepared, you know what I mean. Like, sometimes you have to meet yourself where you're at.
Speaker 1: Well whenever, because I'm so not active in my daughter's like educational mom's circuit at school, Like I'm definitely active in my daughter's education. But luckily my daughter, she is an excellent student. She has B plus do A pluses, and I can't even take responsibility for it. She's doing it on her own. But whenever I do go to the school, which is so rare because some of these moms are still walking their fucking kids in every day in fifth grade, I'm like, my mom, I don't even remember my The last time I remember my mom walking me into school was like kindergarten, and I cried because she left me because you know, you're going to a new school. And that was the last time I can ever remember my mom walking me into school. I don't think my mom ever walked me into school. She dropped me off, and that was fine. Like, I'm not fucked up because my mom didn't walk me into school. But these parents are walking their kids into school every single day, which is fine if that's your tea cool. I did it for the first like one to the third grade, and then after a while I didn't even want me to fucking walk her into school anymore. But whenever I do go on campus, I notice, and this is why I really don't like going on that campus, and I just like kind of stay away from all the moms there. They're always like, oh, Erica.
Speaker 2: Where have you been.
Speaker 1: It's been so long we haven't seen you.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 1: Shut the fuck up?
Speaker 2: Have you talked?
Speaker 1: Would you say this to Freddy? Would you say this to my baby daddy, who literally you haven't seen at all. No, you're gonna be like, oh hey, God, Like no, It's like they treat the men differently. They're like, oh, what'd.
Speaker 2: You been doing.
Speaker 1: You've been on tour. That's so cool. Great, It's like, oh, where have you been Erica? And maybe I'm projecting, because maybe this is my own shame, but I'm just tired. Please stop asking moms where they've been. Please stop asking moms where they've been, because we've been there, We're there.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna start saying a ridiculous thing like, oh, I was incarcerated for a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm back now though.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I had a drug problem, but you know, I'm good now.
Speaker 2: I was in rehab.
Speaker 1: You want your kids to come over this weekend.
Speaker 2: It's been a long.
Speaker 1: Time since we've had a play date.
Speaker 2: I oh, that's another thing.
Speaker 3: Leuna keeps asking to have a play date with this one friend and like, I'll when she calls it, can she go over there? I'll say yeah, cause I know the mom. But like she's like, can she come over my not today?
Speaker 2: Not today? We need to plan this.
Speaker 3: I just I'm not prepared for kids that are not my friend's kids to come over.
Speaker 2: I like, I gotta clean up my smokes.
Speaker 3: I got it, Like I gotta no, And I feel kind of guilty about that, and I'm also feeling I feel like also the guilt, like the ang, the anxiety, and the gil also stems from like recognizing that time is going by really fast and the kids are about to like culminate to sixth grade to middle school, and I'm like, oh my god, it was just fucking kindergarten. I was just dropping you off for kindergarten. It was just twenty twenty and now we're here. And then like a part of that is like have I done enough? Have I savored every moment? Does she remember the good moments? Are they magical enough?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: And it's just like I've also had to like be the voice of reason and be like, girl, you're doing the best you can and.
Speaker 2: You can't get yesterday back. There is literally no going back. So like, what is the point.
Speaker 3: Of beating yourself up or feeling guilt or feeling shame about something you literally can't do anything about.
Speaker 2: Like tomorrow, Today's a new day.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow's a new day, and you have the free will to like make it do the best that you can, even though that's what we've been doing, you know. So I think that a part of saying fuck the patriarchy is also saying fuck mom guilt because it generally there is no dad guilt because they just don't feel the weight of the perfectionism like mothers do being the sole provider of joy and activities.
Speaker 2: And fucking summer fun.
Speaker 3: I'm not a fucking camp counselor, so why the fuck would I be the source of all joy and fun in summer magic? Like NIGGI take these kids to the pool, right, So it's just you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I think that dads do experience guilt, it's just not hung over their head in the same way that it is for moms. Like I do think that dads feel bad about missing things. I do think that dads have of you know, they're still parents that love their children. But generally there's not like Susie fucking waiting at pickup asking where the fuck you've been dad, or like or or there's not a lot of I guess even just propaganda in social media and just out there that's making dads feel bad for not being there. It's generally mothers that are exhausted and making and and being made to be the source of joy and fun, where dad's like won the source of money, So how about that? And it's like, well that's that's a narrative that doesn't work anymore at this point. It's not because we're all working, not all of us, but most of us are working too, So actually we have to be the source of joy. We have to be the source of fun, and we also have to be the source of income as well, Like are you fucking.
Speaker 2: Hiding and stability and meals.
Speaker 1: And you want to fuck me?
Speaker 2: Okay, well no, we're gonna have to pick something.
Speaker 1: So I'm just I'm just encouraging us this summer to really try to just say fuck mom, guilt and just be done with it, because like literally, motherhood is all about, is about just trading things off. Like I have, I'm a great outsourcer. I'm a outsourced the fuck out of everything if I can. The other day, I was like, I need to go to the grocery store and I was feel like, I need to go there and pick my own vegetables because they don't know how to pick the vegetables and did it and I was and I was like, but I just need the fucking toilet paper, I need certain shit. So I just ordered my paid twenty dollars extra delivery fee. And granted I realized it's not everyone's reality, but it saved me three hours of time or two hours of time that I don't have to do that and now it's done and I can do something else. So it's like I think, as women and moms, like we have to get we have to be okay with releasing the responsibility of having to literally do everything on our checklist ourselves, like ask a friend, ask a family member, Uber eats Postmates, like there's just plan ahead.
Speaker 3: Also, I think we need to do like more like community stuff like can you cooked in her own Mondays? And then I'll cook dinner on Tuesdays and we can come over there and then you can.
Speaker 2: Go over here.
Speaker 3: No true, like how why can't we trained? Why do we all have to do it every day separately? That doesn't make any sense. We need to come together. I wish I had more friends who live closer to me, because I'll make I'll make Wednesday dinner's just Mondays are hard to get to, Like I need to be settled into my grocery list. I need to make time to go and then I'll feed everyone on Wednesday. But who's gonna fucking cook on Tuesday Monday. We need to like do more community activities.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree. One of the what I was gonna say, one of the things that I was thinking about. We were talking when we were discussing mom Guild and what we're going to talk about, is we talked about like creating like one magical moment a week for our children, but like also like for your fucking self too, because like it's so hard for you to be present in that magical moment with your kid if you're burnt out and tired, right, Like, if you're burnt out, overstimulated, Like sometimes the magical moment is like shutting the fuck up and not doing anything, getting off your fucking phone. Like people are always saying they're overstimulated, but they're literally doing everything they can to continue to be over stimulated, you know. And I just feel like we have to like take us a zoom out of our life and see what are the things in our lives that are not actually contributing to being a more present parents that I don't have mom gilt. What are the things that have to go? What are the things that are not important anymore? Do I need to fucking cut you know, my kids watermelons and stars probably the fuck not. You know, like I don't know if like he or she gives a fuck about that shit. Actually I know they don't give a fuck about that shitcause you're eating and and then then like you get the perfect band two box back and your kid only ate four or two things out of the box, And yeah, bitch, you spent about twenty minutes cutting those fucking watermelons, and you were late and you were stressed out all day today. So it's like eliminating the busy work, eliminating like the tiny details, like I don't have time for the tiny details in surrenderhood.
Speaker 3: In surrendering that it's not all gonna be perfect, that the kitchen is not always going to be claim bage, the dishes are not always going to be done, and they needed to learn how to do that shit. And that's another thing. I feel like we're kind of we're kind of raising weak ass kids, because why the fuck are you walking your kid in to fucking school in the fifth grade, Like they still.
Speaker 2: Need to be independent.
Speaker 3: And I'm really kind of afraid to see what this internet social media error, like, what kind of children we're producing Like I feel like in some way there's like some badass children with badass moms, and then there's also going to be some very soft, stunted children because we are like we're fucking up their growth and their expansion because they're not playing outside, they don't have social skills, and they're being kind of like sometimes the mom guilt kind of makes you baby your children because you're trying to do so much for them, but in reality, like they lack independence when they become adults because you've done everything for them, you know, and it's like it's kind of fucked up, but kind of like the error that we came in where moms and parents were doing a lot and some of us were like latchkey kids and some of us were a little bit neglected. But look at us now, you know, like you do know how to do certain shit. Some of them look at Luna. I'm my girl. If you don't clean this fucking room, like you can't be a dirty woman. And I always tell her, like, my job is to prepare you to be a woman. My job is not to if I can coddle you for the rest of your life, I love you, but you will think me later, she went to her homegirl's house and she was like, someone says, even not a turn on the stove. I'm like, yeah, someone says a little slow, So and so wouldn't be able to fucking feed herself if her parents fainted and something happened, you know what I'm saying, Like, there are qualities and skills that sometimes are necessary for kids to learn, and that only happens when you neglect him a little bit. So my advice to you this summer is do like at least a little neglecting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make neglecting your kids.
Speaker 3: Neglect your kids a little, because then they'll fin for themselves, fend for themselves, and it's necessary just a little. Don't like starve them and don't beat them or be mean to them, just neglect them a little.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I agree that we are definitely cadd all the children too much and that we're just generally I think it starts from like when you first become a mom, and like you're just like worried all the time, and then you just never get out of that zone, like you never graduate out of like teaching your children how to do shit.
Speaker 3: The worry like that, the worry is like the worry is the core of the anxiety, and like, I know we're on it. I really think everybody is has anxious, Like it's anxious. I've talked to so many people like I have anxiety, have anxiety, have anxiety.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I have anxiety. You have anxiety.
Speaker 3: The state of the world and the amount of channels are on I know, I say this all the time, is like not human. We're not supposed to be in thousands of people's lives simultaneously all day. So it's just like you have to turn off the phone, which I'm realizing that that's the source of my anxiety, just the constant like the constant exposure and also just like everything is just fine. Everything's gonna be okay. The kid has eaten something, you know, the kid will be Everything's fine. And I think sometimes we forget that. We get caught up in the little things and the comparison and the internet personas and the influencers. Even today, before we were talking about this episode, and we're talking about like the summer, and I'm like, I'm like, well, what are we gonna do this summer with our kids? With the summer, because we were talking about like these free programs at museums and out outdoor activities and free shit, and things are not very expensive, like the driving or a picnic, a beach day, rollerblading, And she and Eric is like, well, we're going to be in Costa Rica for a month with our kids. That's not very relatable. It's not It's not And I was like, are we not relatable anymore? No?
Speaker 1: I think, I mean, listen, I think that sh it is hard to I think that with motherhood, Like there's certain things that no matter how much money you have or success you have, you just don't get to skip or bypass that it doesn't really matter, even like like the mom you'll like the shame. I'm it's not all relatable. I've worked, I've worked, and you've worked really hard to provide a life, a lifestyle for the children, for our kids and what we also deserve, so part of them going to Costa Rica. And that's what I was saying, like creating these magical moments not just for your children, but for yourself. A lot of the magical moments that I decide to choose for Iri are also for me too, Like who I mean? But because and I you know, what I and I realized that I think I get some of this for sure from my mom because my mom is a lover of luxury things, and so this is something that I've had to combat in my own life too, around like is this really important or is this like my mom?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: But then I also like I give her her kudos for like providing opportunities and exposure because of things that she wanted to do, Like she wanted to go fucking skiing and do this thing, and then she brought me along and it enriched my lif life. She wanted to go trat go to the Korean Spa and she couldn't get a nanny, and so she brought me and it's enriched my life. And like these are little things that some people were like, well that's you know, that's not that's that's not relatable or whatever. But to me, it's like my mom created magic moments for herself as a single mother and included.
Speaker 2: Me in them.
Speaker 1: And now I feel like I have the opportunity to do that with my child and not neglect myself and having to separate the magic moments because sometimes you do, like sometimes I go in to the magic moments because we were talking about that in the room, like what are these in the summertime. It's like our kids are looking to finally summer.
Speaker 2: What are we doing? You know?
Speaker 1: Even spring break? Irie was like what are we doing? And my daughter goes to super bougie ass school where they're going to fucking Greece and they're going on for bitch, just whatever, No, two weeks I've spoke two weeks over here and this this this break, we didn't do anything and it was perfectly fine. And I was over here a little bit. I was like trying to figure something out, and I was like, I'm not stressing out about this shit. I got other shit to worry about. Like I'm not. I'm sorry, I can't. I couldn't give you your magical fucking fucking spring break. But you still had a good time and you figured it out.
Speaker 3: Once upon a time, magical was the slip and slide in the backyard. Yeah, the bike around the neighborhood. So let's like not pretend, let's not keep up with the Kardashians.
Speaker 1: Literally, And then I had this I had this mom guilt moment because I was in New York like two weeks ago and Iri was with uh Rory, my stepdad, and he was basically like he was like the dad. So and so she wanted to go over and have a She wanted to go over to her friend's house from school. Who I don't. I think she's a little bitch and it's another one, okay, and like she's told me like meet like things about her. But you know, like these kids, like they're like they're friends one moment, they're not friends the next moment. I mean me too. I remember, like, you know, having a bea like the End of the World beef one week before, and then like we're best friends the next week. And my mom's like, what are you talking about? I thought you hated her. No, no, we're fine now. So that's probably what's going on with this little girl. But I also know, like there's some backstories to this little girl that not appropriate to be sharing here. But so I let her go to the house and I was like, Okay, fine, you can go. But then I knew the next call was mom, can I spend the night? And I was like, the more convenient thing would have been say yes, but I was like, you know what, I just remember how much how much fuck should happened in the sleepover. How many things were said, like the late hours for the kids is just like a late adults, you know. And I was like no, and she wanted me to. She was like why I don't understand, and I couldn't be like because your friend's a little bitch and I don't trust her. And I was like, Rory, go get her. You gotta go get her, because you know what, you don't want to go get her because I was out of town. I was out of town, like bitch. I was like, you gotta go get her. And she kept calling me over and over like wanting to understand concrete answers. You're gonna have to learn, don't do that in front of people as to why, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, not concrete answers. And it was just like I just said.
Speaker 1: Because I don't want you to, because you're not that's I remember that. I was like, I don't know her. I don't know her like that. I don't know like she had spent her she had spent the night once before, and that's what she was using as a reference point, like I spent the night here one time, and which it's true. She's she spent the night there, like one time last year or something. But then I had I hung up the phone and I was with Ashley, and I was like, I feel guilty, Like should I let it happen? Like am I? And I was like, no, it's my job to protect her. I can't fucking not that I don't even don't even know what I'm protecting her from really, but it's just my intuition, right, So like even like that kind of mom guilts of like not letting your kid get their way or like not like his and even knowing like it would be easier for her to stay there, you know, but like she was like she was like making her her her like play for like why this was easier because they're going to the fair tomorrow and I can just go with them tomorrow and it'd be so much easier, ye d D. Papa can drop off my clothes. I'm like, if Papa's dropping off your clothes, he's picking you the fuck up, so you might as well just go home.
Speaker 3: Then it's like how You're like, the guilt can easily be like spoiling. I mean like the guilt because sometimes I do stuff and I'm like, am I too? Chill I'm like, everything you ask for, you get, Like every time you're asking for some shit, I'm like, okay. The other day she was like, can I get Would I be able to get my nose pierced in junior high? And I was like maybe, And I'm like, my mom.
Speaker 2: Would never maybe that. She'd be like hell no. And I'm like, she's like can I put on makeup? I'm like okay.
Speaker 3: Or I'm like she's like, I have to wear I can't wear that dress to school because it says it's spaghetti shop. I said, Luna, it is three weeks before school. Lets out come on, just wear the spaghetti straps.
Speaker 2: Like what are they gonna do? I'm like, is this a good perit?
Speaker 1: I re asked me if she could get a second hole piercing, and who was with me? Someone was like I think it was Sebastian.
Speaker 2: He was like hell now.
Speaker 1: And I was like, first of all, shut the fuck up. You're not the parent. And I was like that's fine, and he was like, oh well because and I was like, what does it matter if she has a second hole in her ear?
Speaker 3: But remember what a big deal that was? Like my parents didn't let me get a second hole. I don't remember when I got.
Speaker 1: My mom didn't let me get a belly button ring, and he got it anyway. I pierced in my motherfuck itself. And then I went and got it done at the fucking down the street over here on Ventura Boulevard where they're piercing underage girls, and I got my belly button ring. Okay, So it's like, yeah, I mean there's a there's I think there's a line between like being too cool, but then there's also a line of like acknowledging and remembering how you were because I thought, generally, I think that is the that is the biggest mistake of parents is literally you just override what you know about being a child because now you're a parent and you're like, fuck all that. And it's like, no, it can't be. Fuck all that because that's still their reality and that still exists, and now your kid is gonna lie to you and go get their nipples pierced at age thirteen or whatever the fuck.
Speaker 2: I did that too.
Speaker 3: I got my nipples pears at like fifteen. I got a huge ass tattoo on my fucking thigh, I on my hip. I was sixteen, like I was underage, button piers underage two, three tattoos underage, and also every fucking chance those motherfuckers let me sleep somewhere else, I put so much eyeshadow and make up on because they should never let me, Like if I were.
Speaker 2: A glitter, it was like, you're being fast.
Speaker 3: So then I was just like a little fucking mabeling queen on like at my friend's house. And it's just like, I don't have time to be fighting over fucking makeup and mascara.
Speaker 2: Like you're a little woman.
Speaker 3: You're growing up into your body, like you're growing up and like you're you're developing, and it's just like, I'm gonna let you entertain certain shit. I might let you get a tattoo before you're fucking twenty five, No, because you're gonna hate it by the time you're thirty, but you're not.
Speaker 1: Gonna get it. A let her get a tattoo before she's twenty five, Like you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Have you go control her after I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't have plans for that, but I'm gonna talk to her like you're gonna fucking hate it. Look at these dembas tattoos. I still need to get covered and I'm fucking pushing forty. So I just i'd like pick and choose your battles. But also, yeah, like choose your intuition, Like your intuition is important, and I think that I think that's the most important like underlying thing. And also I think there's a lot of parents who don't let their kids go on sleepovers at all because of their own trauma, because they know about other people's trauma, Like I do recognize that, you know, A I think kids do weird shit to other kids when they have been exposed to other kids. Like that's something I experienced for a long time that I'm still like recovering from and coming to terms with.
Speaker 2: And also parents do reach shit.
Speaker 3: But I also think that like projecting that without just sitting with yourself about like your intuition and be like, no, you can't sleep over there, No, I don't know those parents other men over there, Like I think that also projects this weird, untrustworthy everybody's a predator energy onto your kid as well.
Speaker 2: So I think there's like a balance.
Speaker 1: And even once she said why can't I I was I was very mindful of not saying just because I said so, Yeah, because I feel like that leaves your child, or I know would leave her and leave your child with just like confusion in some ways, like you're.
Speaker 2: Just being mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you're being confusion. And it was just like, you know, I explained, and I also didn't want to say because I don't think your friend's really your friend because then she's never gonna tell me anything about her friends exactly. So it's like finding a way to explain your choice.
Speaker 3: Like I just don't feel comfortable today. I'm not there, you know, like, yeah I did all that, they don't care about that, and then she got over it.
Speaker 1: She was fucking fine.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, it's this this parenting shit, bitch.
Speaker 3: It's very like I could traumatize you for the rest of your life or you could be mad for twenty minutes or you know, like we honestly.
Speaker 2: Are winging it and we don't know.
Speaker 3: But I feel I feel like I'm still new in the game and that's crazy, Like I've never had an eleven year old. This puberty thing is starting to happen. It's a very new.
Speaker 2: It's a whole new.
Speaker 3: World, new fantastic plan of you.
Speaker 2: No one to tell. Let's know, that's us. Where's was it toll?
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, I do want to do some fun things this summer though, I really want to go camping.
Speaker 2: I really want to.
Speaker 3: And also, moms do shit that you like, Like, sometimes you're gonna do shit you don't like, You're gonna have to listen to those stupid ass songs and the Dragon, the fucking Demon Hunters and the fucking Luda loves all of the goddamn musicals and that's not great. But like, do things that you both can meet in the middle. Like I like to paint, so I'm like, let's go get some canvas and go to the park and paint together.
Speaker 2: Makeup and whatever. But I'll let you do my makeup because we don't. It's free. I have makeup and I got you a couple of palettes. Let's do that.
Speaker 3: Like I think cooking together, the meal needs to get made anyway. Sometimes I'll like find recipes on Instagram and I'll look. I'll let Luna and I like, Hey, which one should we make tonight? Let's try something new so that we you know, so that this is something that has to get done anyway, Like incorporating the chore with the activity so that it doesn't feel like a burden on me, and I'm not absolutely fucking miserable. But also I realize I'm not gonna always you know, we're not gonna have the same interest.
Speaker 2: I'm an adult and your kid.
Speaker 3: But I think that there's a common place, like you know, you can come painting each other's nails, and I know that's not a boy mom thing. I'm trying to think of camping and you know, just taking a walk.
Speaker 1: And I think it's just like you're gonna have to sacrifice the times. No, I know you're gonna have sacrifice the times. But and I generally, really especially now in this phase of my parenting life, because we are we have preteens, and things are are moving quickly at this point, like like knowing that like these moments are not I'm gonna wish that I that I rely wanted me to hang out fucking place line with her for twenty minutes one day when she can't be bothered with me and she's living a fantastic life in college or whatever, you know. So it's like trying to remember that when I'm when I'm when my first instinct is to say no, no, yeah, not right now. I don't feel like it.
Speaker 3: And it's also like I realize as I like reflect on our journey in Good Moms and like not having guilt over good moms, but like so much of our lives have been good mom forward, like a big bulk of our child's like childhood is like this, you know, and not in this version the biggest part of the biggest part of it.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, life, really, I know, really is us being good mom's bad choices? Yeah, And I'm proud of that.
Speaker 3: And like I realized when I have another kid, this other kid is gonna have a whole other mother because she saw me like really be in the in the fucking you know, the building of something, the creating of something. But also like I'm like, oh my god, I like I can't get that time back, and like I don't regret any of it, and I feel like this is my purpose. But I'm also like I regret some of it, yeah, little.
Speaker 1: Bit I do. Like they regret some of it. I regret.
Speaker 3: I don't regret it because I think I think this has also been our child and I think ultimately they they've seen us, they've witnessed us do something, and they recognize what we've contributed. Like, I think they think what we've done is a big deal. I think they're proud of us. But I also feel like in this chapter of my life, as I reflect on the amount of energy and time we've.
Speaker 2: Poured into this, I'm just like.
Speaker 3: A as she's getting bigger, I'm like, wow, I'm really realizing how much I poured into this thing, and not like my not not my child, but like where the timer is distributed and like where there was like it could have maybe been more mom focused, But the truth is I didn't really have that option.
Speaker 2: The truth is like I had to be I had.
Speaker 3: To grind in order to even be in this position, for her to be in a certain position. But I just like it's like you really don't get time back. And like in the time, like this is something we believed in and it was like like we're both we drank, slept eight you know, chat fucking good moms because this is something we were passionate about. But like it's still not a person, it's still not our child, and so like I find myself like grappling with that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe regret is not the word, but that's why I think now I have I've shifted my mindset around trying to find rebalancing my life. Yeah, and I have. I feel like in the last three years, I've rebalanced my life a lot, and what in regards to like work and irie. Because there were times when she was a bait, like not a baby, but yeah, young where she would cry to me like I'll never forget when I was the one day she told me, like, you love Jamala more than you love me.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not Jamila.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She's also said you love your phone more than you love me, Like these are things and that's why I tell you, like your children will tell you when you're fucking up. Generally, your children, whether it's in their behavior or if they're brave enough to really speak up for her belief, they'll tell you. And then it's on you to believe them. Because it's very easy for parents to be like, you don't get it, like I have to pay bills, da da da, Like.
Speaker 3: You're being manipulative, because kids can't be manipulative too.
Speaker 1: But I think a lot of times parents dismiss what like dismiss or miss the message or the opportunity to like really listen to their children and make adjustments because it's a either not convenient for them at that moment or be they try to say, oh, well, you know, you don't get it, you don't understand, you're a child. And it's true, of course they don't understand. But what they do understand is that you are You've been put on this earth to guide and care for them, and they're feeling left behind in some capacity. And so Irie has told me that, and like, I think I ignored it for probably around two years. I don't want to say ignored it. It was there, but I was like trying, she'll think, she'll thank me later, like she'll thank me later, she'll thank you later. And there have been and I'm seeing it now in her, like in her pretenis the the effects of that in ways, like the way that she struggles to communicate in her feelings sometimes with me, maybe because I wasn't really there for her and her feelings at that time. I didn't even know how to even be there for Fallent in that way because I'm just doing it. I'm a new mom too. There's so many moments in my parenting where I'm like, I don't have the tools. I literally don't have the tools because I didn't. I'm still I'm watching my daughter go through things that I went through as a child that I still haven't fully reckoned with, and I still don't have the tools for those things. And so now it's like i'na hurry up and get the tools. And I know, like some of it, so much of it is just conversation and being honest and talking, but even that sometimes can feel paralyzing for me. Maybe not paralyzing, but like, I don't know if I'm doing it the right way. I don't know if I'm doing it. I'm doing it my way, which I guess is the right way because I'm her mother and this is we chose one another. But I'm pretty direct. I'm pretty I'm a direct person, and so sometimes I'm like I could be softer, like how do I massage this in? And like as a sensitive woman and as a sensitive child who was also raised by a very direct woman, that wasn't always great for me. Like I remember meeting my mom, like not wanting to tell her anything because she was just so like, shoot, my mom is like loving, but also like she whatever she feels or sees will override how it potentially might impact me, so, you know, like she'll be like, why do you have that ZiT on your face? You have a ZiT on your face, And like, I know I have a ZiT on my face. Mom, I have a mirror. I can tell and like that, like those little things that she thinks are like, I'm just trying to help you, is me is adding to like my insecurity or adding to like my like my lack of love for myself, and like not realizing how those little, tiny like things impact her when she's like, I'm just being direct. I'm just telling you something that you know. And and I realized how I how I do that in my relationships. I realize that I do that with my child and like I have to redirect because it didn't it didn't work well for me.
Speaker 2: But that's all, you know.
Speaker 3: So that's the kind of what you've you've inherited, like that type style of communication.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So I think it's just I think mothering and motherhood and parenting just in general, Like it's the most beautiful job that I've ever had. I wouldn't ever trade it for anything in the whole entire world. It's the most confronting experience I've ever had as well, and like it's our job to not just grow in as humans and in ourselves, but also in our in the way that we show up for our children. And a lot of that for me has been able to is me zooming out and not being like so in the trenches and zooming out and being like, Okay, what is it? Like I said, like what's not working? What is working? What can we do away with? What relationships am I holding on to that are giving her and showing her great examples? What are relationships that I'm holding on to that are not showing her great examples? And I think like all those things have made me a better mom, a better a better mom, a really good mom. I'm really proud of who I am as a parent. But I couldn't have said that I was really proud of who I am as a parent. Like three years ago, I was really feeling horribly horribly about my parenting.
Speaker 3: And that's and that's hard to say, you know, I think that's something for a mom to say, like I wasn't doing a good job for this time or this summer. I haven't always done the best job or you know what I mean, Like that's a that's a very sensitive subject because at the end of the day, we like we do what we know how at that time, you know, and like and that's the thing is, like I think that's the biggest thing that we preach here at Good Moms is that we're not perfect people. We're human and we're flawed and that's okay. And as long as we're like striving every day to evolve in some capacity as mothers, as humans, as women, as wives, as lovers, whatever, of daughters, that like, that is that's the overarching most important detail. Like I always have the top myself, Like, you're not a bad person, so you don't have to like beat yourself up. I know I'm not a bad person. I'm not trying to do bad by anyone, you know, like I'm doing. And does it need to be recalibrated Sometimes absolutely things need to be recalibrated, And like you have to sit with yourself and you have to learn the way that your child loves and receives love, and like that requires patience and slowing down and being present and also like self like constructive criticism and like, I you know, there's I feel like, yes, there's been times where like that I was so consumed by like the rat race of work that things like were neglected, and I also like there's also things I'm really proud of, you know, like, uh, Luna had her health talk recently and me and Orlando were like, what do you think they're gonna talk about? And she was like periods and sex. I was like, oh really, what do you think sex is? And so she was like elaborating, and I'm like, I'm really happy that she feels comfortable to talk to us like this, like and she does you know what I mean? Like there's one thing our communication as well, Like I'm like, you know, we could talk to me about anything, it doesn't matter. I'm never gonna get mad about a conversation. She's like, oh, so and so told me they're bisexual. Today, is like, oh really, how does she know? She's like, I don't know. She's like told she thought I was gonna judge her. I was like, well did you She's like no, I'm like, how do you feel? She's like I don't care. I'm like yeah, whatever, you know, like it's just like regular conversation. So I know, like in some capacity, there are things that I absolutely am doing differently than my mom. There's things I would never ask my mom. There's things conversations we could never have. And so I think think, like as much as we have the mom guilt, it's important that we also talk about the things that we're doing well and pat ourselves on the back for those things.
Speaker 2: And like, because we live in a.
Speaker 3: Society that is hyper critical of us all the time, So we don't need to also add to the hypercriticism by being hypercritical of ourselves because it does nothing. It's like, be be aware, be honest, but also like give yourself equal parts, pack up, pat on the back because this shit is not easy, you know, And like, of course we probably have some regrets. We probably did a lot on the different levels. But also like I think overall, when our kids get older, they're going to be like, wow, I mean did you see that? Like Luna wrote that thing for Mother's Day? Like my mom and her best friend go to Costa Rica and they do retreats and they go Jamaica and Mexico, and like I didn't even know she knew all the locations, but there is I feel pride and like she's an author, you know, and like these are all things we've built in this grind time. But at the end of the day, our kids are eleven and this has been eight years of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as a as, I was thinking of who asked us this was it? Who was the woman we had on who has the throat orgasms?
Speaker 2: Oh, Susan Bretton.
Speaker 1: Susan Bretton. Didn't she like ask us that we had like a mom brag or something? Oh yeah, mom bra Yeah, And like so Luna doing that And then like I was just thinking, like I recently had a mom brag moment because my daughter too shown Mother's Day she wrote this really like, you know, her class had to write something, and one of the things that she wrote was that my mom always keeps her word. And I was like, because as someone who feels like I'm not always that, I'm start crying. I know, as someone who like I'm not always, I don't always feel like I can and and I know that that's something that like she struggles with on the other side of the parenting, you know, journey with her dad. Like her saying that, Like I was like, oh my god, I'm doing a good job even when I think I'm not keeping my word, Like at least I'm communicating like if I can hand, I always tell her why, you know, and like as a single mom, like it's it's hard to keep your word, Like you have every intention of like doing everything perfectly, or like getting them to this or like making sure like you're gonna be able to watch that movie, You're not gonna fall asleep this night, you know, and like all those things, and like I feel like I fail often, but I try my best to like apologize number one, because I never got apologies as a child. My mom never apologized ever, Like even now recently, we had an argument and I told her that I was and so she apologized to me because I was like, can you just apologize that you were fucking wrong the way you came at me in the car, like something something happened in my Tobashian was in the car and she was on speakerphone and he was like whoa. And I was like, so I'm not tripping right, that was crazy, And so I'm just like I'm just now, at thirty fucking eight years old, getting apologies from my mom and I but I had to tell her that I needed an apology. And so like, as as a mother, like I probably apologize too much but it's just like I'm like overdoing it because I never got it.
Speaker 2: That's the trauma that you experienced from your mom now.
Speaker 1: But I realized that at least in my apologies or at least in my explaining as to why and not just saying because I said so, my daughter's understanding like a, yeah, things, not everything's going to get done, not every promise is going to get kept, but at least like she knows that she can count on me. Like I'm like, I just, I just I think that like every parent wants their child to feel like they have at least one parent they know that they can count on no matter what, not just for things.
Speaker 2: But like, yeah, throw up for you.
Speaker 1: So that's my mom brag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think we've done that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I think even in this journey as good moms, you know, I think that they. I think there's something we've learned about ourselves that inevitably is a gift to them, you know, about like her confidence or something, and then like or she thinks that I'm free, and like I think the big thing that was like we are very much in that preteen and we are very much at that brink of like I have other friends and I'm doing other shit and like I'm like, oh my god, am I never going to get at time back where she wants to kick it because.
Speaker 2: She's already like very it's like too cool.
Speaker 3: And there's also things like her attitude and I know it's like hormones, but I'm just like, oh my god, have I Have I.
Speaker 2: Missed that moment?
Speaker 1: You know why?
Speaker 2: I can't even crying, Like I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know it's no moments missed, but just like have I done enough? And also like when you're pregnant and you don't have kids, and you have all these ideas about like what motherhood's going to look like and like she's gonna be able to read when she's two and she's got more languages, and and then you get there and it's just like not always realistic.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't you didn't hit all the all the benchmarks that you set up for yourself as someone without a child. Yeah, And then I'm like, fuck, I'm still learning how to be an adult in a lot of ways, Like fuck, I got to enroll you in school, like this is series I really do how to do this, And it's like I keep forgetting, and I'm like, why can I remember to do the important things? It's exactly this long list of things I need to do, and like.
Speaker 3: It's such a like mothering yourself while mothering an actual child is an incredible gift, but it's also incredibly difficult. And it's also like I do sometimes still feel like a teenager and I'm like not a teen mom at all. And when you have dads that are doing their best but it's not really half the shit that we're doing, it is like a big heavy burden or like a big just a big role to wear when like you know, you made this kid with somebody else, but they're not even like as nearly responsible, even like with just being with Orlando. It's like his investment in her education, like her Kuman and fucking tutoring and fucking work books that he got and makes her do. It's like thank god, because A I can't do new math, and b where the fuck is your actual parent?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like that would not come if he wasn't in the picture because I'm barely trying to figure out other shit, you know. And it's just like the tribe shit is like absolutely true and just like this balance in it all is like, I like, do we ever have enough time? You are there any moms who don't experience mom guild at all? Like does everyone feel does anyone feel like they're doing it just right all the time?
Speaker 1: No? Maybe I'm agreed.
Speaker 3: And Emma greed decided fuck all this shit, you know. And it's like, also, this is gonna sound terrible, but like the trauma that we experience from our families or from our parents made us who we are. Like whatever struggle, whatever that was, that is a part of our identity. And like you know, they say you choose your parents, and sometimes we end up in situations that are not ideal, but you are, you are carved out of that chaos, whatever that chaos is. And you know, I don't know if this is true or not, but like every kid is going to have something to complain about. Every kid is going to have some form of trauma in their childhood because that is about that's how they like become into their purpose as adults. But I just you know, as long as we're lightening the load every generation, you know, and they know our hearts, I think that we're doing a good job.
Speaker 2: You're doing a good job.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. I'm glad that I thinks I'm doing a good job, because really that's really all that matters as long as your kid is happy and they think that you're doing great. Honey, you're doing great.
Speaker 2: I ask all the time, do you think I'm doing a good job? Do you think I'm good? Mom? Like, yeah, okay, I'm never lying because I'm asking you on the spot.
Speaker 1: But well, on that note, I think it's time to smoke a backward please, But the moms are crying it's back with time. Yeah, this is a I didn't have any, honey, so this is just a regular wood, good old fashioned blunt. I think this weed is the very last bit of weed from my stepdad.
Speaker 2: Theree that you insisted on taking it from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was like, don't smoke that weed. That's all I have fucking left, and he I don't know when he's going to have another whatever grow, so let's just enjoy it. Weed grown by another parent, Dad weed, were dad weed?
Speaker 2: That was weod? That a sponsorship mom, dad grass.
Speaker 3: This is for all the moms, all the parents, to just smoke away in exhill, away that mom guilt. We're doing the very best we can, just putting intention that our kids are healthy, whole, peaceful, happy children that know that we're flawed and that we're human, and that love us regardless, and that we continually find balance in this journey of motherhood, and that we find a re programming of our thought system, and that we're always patting ourselves on the back when we deserve it, and that we're reframing our minds so that we're not constantly criticizing ourselves so that we can be actually present in our kids' lives. Criticism takes away being present, and being present is all that they actually require. So may this blunt give us all of the badass mom Jesus, Amen, Amen.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Backwoods for blessing the moms.
Speaker 1: Backwards loves moms.
Speaker 2: Go kind of backward. Is that a true true rap?
Speaker 1: No, this is a This is like a real backward. I have to gut it and everything. Okay, this is the aromatic backward.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that one. Hm? Is this a Backwoods blues?
Speaker 1: Wait? So, speaking of moms, randomly, the other day or yesterday, I had this random blessing. It's a blessing to me because it was just so random. So if you guys are listening to the podcast. Early on, I used to have basically like my second mom who raised me. With my mom, I don't even feel I would never I don't even like calling her a nanny because she's like a second mother to me.
Speaker 2: Flora.
Speaker 1: She's was with us from like I think I was six months until I don't know, I didn't need watching over anymore. But I've always kept in touch with her, and then when I had Iri, I had this dream and I like summoned her back into my life and then she's helped me raise Iri. She's from Guatemala and I just love her so, so fucking much. Anyway, she randomly called me yesterday. I haven't talked to her in a while, and she's like, mamita Isa, mota mota, and she's like I think I need a smoke and I was dressed.
Speaker 2: I was like what.
Speaker 1: And this is like she is like the most, like she's a holy rolling Like God, really, I mean she is like a witch though she's doing witchy shit all the time, like all the time, like putting like all those big oranges in my purse with crosses in them, and like putting shit under my bed, like but she was just like, I'm I have a lot of anxiety and I know you told me years ago that weed helps, but I didn't like take you up on it. And I'm with my niece right now and she told me the same thing. So I think I'm ready. It's like I'm not working right now. I don't have anything to worry about, like as far as like my employment goes, So I'm ready. And I was like okay. I was like, well, there's a lot of dispensaries, it's legal. All you used to do is like, you know, bring your ID. She's like, I don't know how to do that. Are you home? And I was like I am home. So she's like, okay, I'm coming over. So girl, she was over at my house in like twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Not her jaw. You have it on deck.
Speaker 1: I was like okay, And like floor, she's like a she's like this little tiny she's how old is floor? She probably? I think she's like maybe like sixty years old.
Speaker 2: Now. She took the streets.
Speaker 1: She heard her niece was driving. Oh you no, she yeah, Florally drives on the streets. She doesn't get on the freeway. So she shows up to the house and I had already started rolling up the joints, and so I was like, I was like, you know, this is a good opportunity for me to like, you know, give her some sort of ritual when it comes to smoking. And so we prayed over the joint. I told her, like to just ask for the feeling that you want to feel, you know, thank God for the medicine and the providing of these medicines and relief. Girl, Floor hit that fucking joint like a motherfucking g when I tell you, she hit that joint and she hold it in and I was like, hold it, she's And then she always looks so worried to no one, if anyone needs the blondest floor. Okay, she she exhales it. It's like beautiful smoke. And she didn't cough at all. I was like, didn't, no, not one cough nothing, And I was just thinking, like, oh my God, Like, first of all, this is such an unexpected moment in my day yesterday, and like this week has been challenging for me, and so like, I don't take it lightly that God placed her in my day yesterday to come have this moment. And then she like just poured just so much life into me because she was high, and we just sat there and smoked, and I was just like talking to her, talking to her niece and just like thinking about just like the journey of mothers and the journey of women, and like her journey has been so challenging, and it's like it's not uns it's I guess, almost essentially normal for women, and of her like her, like Latin women that have come from different countries, that have left their children behind, that have raised other people's children while not being able to raise their own, and the trauma that comes with that, and then like the guilt, the mom guilt, the insane mom guilt that comes with that, the trauma that it bestows upon those children. Because her son is now here and he he went took her through the ringer around about that when he got here for years and years and years, and and her finally being like, it's time, it's time to smoke a blind and so I sent her on her way with three extra joints. I was not I need to check on her today and be like, how are you? Are you okay? When we're smoking? She was talking and then her mouth started like going like this, and I was like, she's.
Speaker 2: Like, Moissica, wait, Moisica, my mouth.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's called cotton mouth.
Speaker 2: Floor, how do you say cotton mouth in Spanish?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Weka the cotton, We'll go to cotton.
Speaker 3: So yeah, anyway, and also reminded me like I also was feeling super anxious this weekend, like anxiety, Like I was like, am I gonna have a panic attack? Like do I need a paperbag? That's the only thing I know of panic attacks? Breathing the paper back and I don't have paperbags. And I was going to call you, and I was like, what am I going to say I'm having a panic attack?
Speaker 2: This is crazy?
Speaker 3: Like and I think, like you're saying you had a bad week, And I'm like, obviously we're fucking witches and we're fucking spent all of our ten last decade together, so we're connected. And I was just like, just like, Floor called on you, like call on your friends, call on your friends.
Speaker 2: Like sometimes I'm like is this stupid?
Speaker 3: Like sometimes you just want to sit with somebody on the phone and like say the thing, you know, Like I called Erica this morning to tell her this thing, and I'm just like I didn't have a destination and sharing this thing, but I just needed to talk to someone.
Speaker 2: And the truth is sometimes like talking to your girls.
Speaker 3: Is different than talking to your man and talking you know what I mean, Like it's just a different.
Speaker 2: Nurturing that you're gonna get, you know what.
Speaker 3: I mean that men just like just don't naturally have, And I think, like that's the blessing, even talking about floors, you know, having to send back for her kid. And even even when I realized too, because I was like, what the fuck am I stressed about? And I realized like because I am settled, because I am safe. It's like the unsafety in my body is so clear to me because I'm for the first time, like completely in survival mode. And a lot of this is sometimes past lives and epigenetics and what your ancestors went through.
Speaker 2: Sorry, so you.
Speaker 3: Know, like just sometimes the rest in this era is literally about honoring it when are like the women before us didn't get the opportunity to rest or have kinship and the way that we do, like really just taking advantage of the friendships and the relationships and the family that we have and like leaning in on that, and even having this conversation now, I'm realizing, like I've been trying, Like me and my mom have been hanging out a little bit more and talking more, and our relationship has been way better than it has in previous like years, and I'm grateful for her growth so that we can like be friends. But also I'm like, my mom is getting older, and that time is also fleeting. So it's like I'm looking back at my child and.
Speaker 1: Then looking at her, and then looking ahead at your mom.
Speaker 3: Looking ahead at your mom, and it's like we're all a piece of the same trajector, like all a piece of the same DNA, like copy cut and copied, and like this life is short.
Speaker 2: The life is like, this life is short. You know. I was just my family and my uncle's down here. He looked at me. He's like, yo, I can't believe I'm sixty. I'm like, you're sixty.
Speaker 3: Granted he's dying. My old family's dying their hair, and he's like, I don't feel sixty at all. He's like sometimes I think I'm fifty. And I just like looked at him and I'm like, I'm about to be thirty eight, and that shit has gone by extremely fast.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, we started Good Moms when you were twenty nine and I was thirty.
Speaker 3: I know, Oh my god, yeah, so I am. I I'm constantly trying to just gropple with time. I feel like a lot of my anxiety is about time. But like, the only promise we're given is that we're going to die. Every day, we're going closer to death, even if we live to be a hundred in fifty.
Speaker 2: With new technology.
Speaker 1: It's just like, I think it's time has been such a main character in my life this past few months because I've been grappling with like a lot of decisions and choices, and like what I've come to realize and what I've come to just learn from my elders too, is they all say it goes fast, to worry, do it all, and don't worry. Stop worrying. It's all gonna work out. It's all gonna work out. It's literally all of it. All of it's gonna work itself out. It may not work it out the way you want it to work out, but no matter what, it's going to work out. That pain that you feel in the breakup right now, it subsides because bitch. We've all broken up a thousand times, we've all been in pain and all the things and those those are things I have to remember too. It's like when I'm in pain or like I'm in grief, like knowing that and that's just like what my mom has always said, like time is the greatest neutralizer, but unfortunately you can't speed up time, but it does go fast. And it's like, what are the choices, what are the things you're living in right now now that are making you unhappy? Is it worth staying and waiting around? Maybe not waiting, but like working through it? And sometimes it is, And like I've had to, I've I've battled with that idea too, of like am I just too quick to just move on to the next thing?
Speaker 2: Because because you're thinking time is like but.
Speaker 1: Then but then there's things intuitively inside of me that I know. I know myself, I know my body, I know myself. When it's like time is.
Speaker 2: Up, yeah, to mix shift.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And like I was talking to my friend the other day. He said, what are you doing for your fortieth next year? I said, my fortieth?
Speaker 2: Slow down?
Speaker 1: What the fuck are you talking about? I was like, what forty? No, next year, and I was like, oh my god, am I am I? Am I? Okay? Like, am I are all the things? Are all the things?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Are all my chakras lit up? Shout out to fucking Kenny Kenya? Are all my chakras? Like? Am I living? Are they spinning all? Like? And are they all in motion? Are some like a little dead? And like what can I do to like make sure they're aliving and not unliving? And it's like it's it doesn't have to be scary because you think about time and it is scary, but like it is true, like we are only here for a moment. It's so quick, it's so fast, So it's like rock out with your pussy out. You know, maybe you don't, maybe not out everywhere, but you know, I'm fuck I'm saying you know what I'm saying, like, make sure you're like this summer checking with yourself. You know, this is the mid what is the third quarter? Checking bitch?
Speaker 2: Feed all the chakras, all the parts of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're entering into the what was it April, May, June, July? Okay, we're yeah, we're at the end of the second quarter, so it's time for a check in. Are you okay? Do you need to let some sugar? Am I okay?
Speaker 3: I don't get Yeah, yeah, feed the animal, feed the hoe, feed the mom, feed the lever, you know, like feed the part that says that's what I was thinking. I want to go on too silent retreat. I literally want to unplug. And that was another thing, like just being so tied to the internet.
Speaker 1: Go to the dark, go in the care.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm going to know I have can I can connect you? No thing?
Speaker 1: You want to get in that cave.
Speaker 3: I don't want to get in that cave. I thought about it because you went in the cave. I'm like, maybe I'll just go with silence. Maybe I don't need to black out everything and be in a cave. I don't know, my spirit is not Maybe I was in a cave and I didn't want to be in a cave before. So I'm like, I I think I would to go on a silent retreat so I could just shut the fuck up and like turn my phone off. When's the last time your phone has been off for twenty four hours? I can't remember the last time my phone was even off for three hour. Actually, I can because I talked about it because the power was out and I couldn't charge my phone and that was the only reason I was alone and quiet, and it was strange.
Speaker 1: I turned my phone off yesterday for two hours, like I actually turned it off. I did, yeah, and it was hard for me. I picked it up like three times. Yeah, And then I was like, I was like, but I could I have like three things that I could be doing right now really quick, Like I was like trying to like make negotiations with myself, and I was like, just watch the movie. Just sit here and watch the movie. It's okay, like you know, but turning it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then even today when we're talking and I was on I was on a walk when I was talking to you today and then my phone died and I was like, oh, I guess I have. And but I can almost feel like the anxiety of like need, feeling like I needed a hurry up to get to the house to charge it because we interrupted the conversation. And I was like, it's fine, it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: Let's do a Mila moan, a couple of Mela moons. Yeah, just clean your palates, let it go, release it drop your fucking jaw, drop your shoulders.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Horror story, Tar, I have a horror story.
Speaker 1: I love a horror story. Horror stories. If you have a horror story, please send us your horror stories. Go to Good Momsbadchoices dot com and click on our contact button and you can write in an advice question. You can write in a horror story and we will share it anonymously on the show.
Speaker 3: Okay, Doki. She left a lot of names in here. I'm just gonna go with it. Whores, Hey Mela, congratulations on your marriage. Thanks girl, Mary, union continue to blossom and freedom, joy and high vibrations. I receive that, and I appreciate that I'm a retired horror new mother and that twenty sixteen trend has me thinking about some of my adventures. So I said, why not share them with one of the baddest moms. Thanks are sharing it. I hope she means for everybody, because I'm gagerated everybody. So it started with this man, a tattoo artist whose government name is Larry, A tall, fine man who I later found out practiced anthidia and had a group of friends who all did these freaky ass rituals anyway, he slid in my DMS and I didn't really pay him any mind. We followed each other. I liked his art, but didn't have any mutual friends or know who he was. I lived in West LA at the time and he was from Dorante. So he invited me out to the party one night in downtown. It was a good time. He seems sweet and we had some intellectually stimulating conversations, so I was like, Okay, Larry's cool. We hung out a lot more after that. When he moved to La, he goes, do you want to Christen? Ha ha should have known my apartment with me. So we took some ecstasy at the after hours, and at three am he bent me over his futon in the kitchen and we fucked till the sun came up.
Speaker 2: Ooh.
Speaker 3: Now, fast forward a few months later, we're still hanging out, nothing serious. I found out he has a brother. My friend hooking up with his brother. Larry left his left town and his friends invited us out. Me and his brother were close, and this night we were just laughing at nothing at all. We were at a warehouse party with dancers and my friend got really drunk. We went so we went back to Larry's apartment and she's like, y'all are reviving. I'm gonna head out. I wasn't even planning on it, but here I am.
Speaker 1: This is the friend it was fucking Larry's brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I wasn't even planning on it, but here I am being bent over in the shower getting spread like a warm butter on a biscuit.
Speaker 2: Well, dang, how is Larry going to feel about this? He was unbothered.
Speaker 3: So fast forward a few years later, I'm working as a broker's associate doing some home loans. My coworker, Oscar had been working for my BFF, my BSS boss for years. Kind of a scammer, but we're cool enough to find out he grew up in Dante and who were his neighbors growing up?
Speaker 2: Larry and his brother.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. Have you never fucked brother? Yeah, I'm gonna I remember as I said, brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And actually it was brought every time.
Speaker 2: We see either brother. She's like, remember the last time we saw him? Actually, I don't know if you were drunk, but she was.
Speaker 1: He was like, right, O, that's because the last time I saw him. He he brought it up, and you brought it up. I brought it up to you because he brought it up, but.
Speaker 3: You were so loud. I was like, he definitely can hear you. You're like, you're like, he remember him right here, this one in those shoes.
Speaker 2: I remember I.
Speaker 3: Slept with him and his brother. I was like, Eric, you're not a good whisperer. She's like what, no, remember. I was like, I was trying to shut you up, So that's why he brought it up.
Speaker 2: I remember you telling me he brought it up. I was like, he brought it up because he heard you tell me.
Speaker 1: He brought it up, and then was trying to act like They both like were like like got it, got the sauce, like like both like they put it down, and I was just like, let's stop talking about this because actually it runs in the family that both of you suck in bed.
Speaker 2: So they didn't put it down.
Speaker 1: No oh no, don't you remember that Nigga's house.
Speaker 2: I remember the house wasn't clean. I remember that.
Speaker 1: You know, it was all very un memory, all of it.
Speaker 3: I mean, kids, actually you generally have dirty house, really good time, but that's because we were doing drugs. The first the second brother, the brother who was at the party.
Speaker 1: You know he'd be doing drugs.
Speaker 2: I did, you could tell which one the one that the one at the party. Oh yeah, yeah, yay. Yeah, something was gone on. For sure.
Speaker 1: He's taken the party too far. He's gone for too long like that. We were like, let it go. Sometimes you got to age out.
Speaker 2: You got to some things you had to age out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has an aged out. I'm like, bro, you're still living a life and he just had a kid.
Speaker 2: Oh he did. Yeah. It's I've never done brothers.
Speaker 3: I've always felt too like you know what, that's where that's where my hoe guilt came, and like friends.
Speaker 1: Are brothers space in between. It wasn't necessarily this hoary. It wasn't like I was secretly having sex with two brothers. It was just like I slept with one and then the other one ended up coming around later and I said, I know, yeah, I know, you know, I know both y'all know me. Let's have some fun.
Speaker 2: I feel like, come on, give me some got the brothers get their brother dick.
Speaker 1: But no, that wasn't good brother day.
Speaker 2: I know, I get it. I mean, yeah, that was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that wasn't worth it.
Speaker 3: Well, if you have any brothers stories, or cousins stories, or oh dad and son stories, be sure to write in.
Speaker 2: I just I'm nosy. I want to know. I want to live vicariously through you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to read them. Yeah out loud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, send in your horries, gals and guys, we truly appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Let's pick a card, my love. Okay, I think last episode I picked, So it's your turn. It's Terot time. What do the cards have to say? Oh?
Speaker 4: No, I guess six of the six of it's a pentagon. No, it's a coin pentacles, pentacles, six of pentacles, a pentagon.
Speaker 2: I reversed.
Speaker 1: It was, oh, you want to read it? Reversed?
Speaker 3: Don't feeling sicely straight straight up blist doesn't look too good. So I figured I'm gonna do it like it is this time.
Speaker 2: But let's see.
Speaker 1: Okay, six of pinnacles. Speaking of cards and tarroots, I'm getting a reading tomorrow by a psychic that my mom has recommended to me.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me how it goes, you know, I always secondhand. I second hand all of your I do.
Speaker 1: I try to make an appointment with the other psychic, but she's she always be so booked in it, like three months in advance, but this one she'd be ready reversed. Self care, unpaid debts, one sided charity hmm. The six of pinnacles reverse reminds you to make sure you are also giving to yourself. A little self care will go a long way, hun especially if you've been given in giving mode for a long time. Moms, consider buying a little gift to show yourself appreciation for everything you've done. Maybe a massage, a beautiful box of truffles, truffles, or simply write a love note to yourself to say, hey, thanks for everything. The six of Pinnacles reverse can suggest that while you are giving to others freely, they are not giving back in return. For example, you may lend money to a friend but they don't pay you back those kids. Or you help someone out but they fail to return the favor and show lack of gratitude appreciation those kids. It's a one way street. Yeah, oh my god. If you're struggling yourself, be careful that you don't do not over commit yourself to others who seek your help. You may have a tendency to spend or give away more than you can afford. While generous spirit is a wonderful quality, you need to ensure that you're able to support yourself while helping others. The Six of Pinnacles reverse asks you to be mindful about talking taking on debt. You are prone to getting in over your head and it may come to bite you with increasing interest rates or personal threats if you are unable to pay it back in time. In a relationship, reading the reverse six of Pinnacles suggests that one partner is doing a lot of the taking but not a lot of the giving, thus creating inequality in the relationship. You need to be careful that your generous spirit is not being taken advantage of, and that you are not always the one making compromises for your partner's benefit. Call that daddy, it's summertime. And another tip, Yeah, call the dad, call the family members now and make because don't be like I can't it's too last minute, bitch. Then fine, plan it ahead right now, advance for July first through the fifth. Matter of fact, it's fourth of July is time, honey, you need to go out and do some like some ratchet shit. Make plans and go do something for yourself on that holiday.
Speaker 3: And if you or something, and if you don't have any plans. On June nineteenth, I am co hosting a play party with the Epic the play the high end sex party that I went to that one time. Remember Michael the King, the Prince of play, who came on our show. If you haven't, go back and listen. But I've convinced him to do a Juneteenth party because that's what I do. I tell people what to do and they listen. And we're having a matrix themed party on Friday, June nineteenth, from.
Speaker 2: Nine pm before I am.
Speaker 3: It's going to be epic, it's going to be fun in La in La, and I'm not gonna lie. He he knows what he's doing in the play party fields. So if you've never experienced a play party, this is the time to become experience it. If something you've never done, step out of the box, if you're curious. If you've been curious, there's obviously no pressure. You don't have to do anything sexual, but you can dress up.
Speaker 2: You can. It's open bar, there's gonna be food.
Speaker 3: You know it's sexy, so come do some sexy shit for yourself, some adult shit, and everybody's tested and you have to apply. So click the link in this bio and DM me I'll see you at the party.
Speaker 2: This is what you're gonna do for.
Speaker 1: Yourself, boom. And if you want to do something a little longer term, then come to the Good Vibe Retreat that's next month, so you can just make plans for June and July. You might as well start the plans now, because that's the problem with moms and women and just people in general. We don't plan ahead. That's part of the way. That's part of growing up, babe.
Speaker 3: And if you can't get a sitter, we even have a mom and me retreat, so there's no excuse to bring your daughters to the retreat. Come build memories with your child with other children so they can go play together, because that is also a part. Find your friends and friends that you like their moms and come to the retreat. Find some new friends and go on vacation, make some new memories. Don't make excuses. And so there's only a couple of spots left for that mommy and Me retreat too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's like two spots left so come hang out with us this summer in Costa Rica. Come to the Juneteenth sex party, because that's gonna be fucking epic. I gotta get my fits to go.
Speaker 2: I haven't. Yeah, I gotta get my fits together too, But I feel.
Speaker 1: Like there's only one fit, right. It's just like the jacket and the jacket. What can I gotta look up interest There's probably some creative things happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I also feel like it's like.
Speaker 1: Ohh I go oh, maybe that's why I need to shave.
Speaker 2: My head bald, That's why I that car party. Yeah. But yeah, all you need is let the jacket and I have some boots.
Speaker 1: And if you are a bitch that wants to shave your head in California, then you know what to do. You hit me up, you DM me at Watch Erica if you too want to be a bald headed bitch like me.
Speaker 3: Do have an affirmation for today's episode.
Speaker 1: Mom guilt doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 2: We're deleting our mom guilt.
Speaker 1: We're deleting our mom guilt.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty six, we're deleting our mom guilt. YEP, I like it.
Speaker 3: Delete your mom guilt, de lead your mom guilt. Yeah, Elite, delete your motherfucking mom guilt. Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of good Moms where we laugh, we smoke, and we tell epic core stories.
Speaker 1: Make sure you join our discord because you get all this shit for free, y'all. You just get to click on YouTube and boom. If you want to be part of our community. It's five dollars a month and you get to interact with us one on one. You get to meet other moms, other humans in.
Speaker 3: Your city, in your community that are fun moms, that are cool moms that are asking for advice, giving advice. That there were pumping each other up. We're sharing nudes because you got to get someone to pump you up. And yeah, it's really beautiful over there. It's a nice little community. There's like a thousand women on there. Yeah, so you're own a little app on discord, guys who we do.
Speaker 1: So click the link in this episode for all the links and all the things, and we love you and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: Ye