Speaker 1: Hello the Internet and what.
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Or leave it? Just leave it.
Speaker 3: I was saying hello to the internet, my good friend, to the Internet, and I was interrupted by my other new friend. Our guest today, our most returning US first time guests. We feel like we already know her. Welcome to Season three hundred, episode three of.
Speaker 1: Turn Day Guys Day production of iHeart Radio. This is the podcast where we take deep dive into Maershare Country.
Speaker 3: And it's Thursday, August seventeenth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Black Cat Appreciation Day.
Speaker 2: Shout out my cat birthday and shout out all the black cats out there.
Speaker 1: National we got a black Caday. Oh yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Got a black cat living in our backyard. Oh black cat and the back hat. Wow in the back cat.
Speaker 1: Wow Wow. It's also National Hazy IPA Day. Oh, National Nonprofit Day, Congressional Startup Day, National I Love My Feet Day. Interesting, National Massachusetts Day, shout out with it. The Bay State? What is the Massachusetts called it the Bay State? Is that right? Is it a commonwealth? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Commonwealth of Massachusetts?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why am I? Why did I think? What is the Bay State? Never mind? Man? Yeah, it is Massachusetts? All right? Come on, now, I lived there and everything. I don't I don't remember that. Man. I played so much competitive hockey in New England. I should have that shit in my brain. You and your hockey team would always say Fellas were a state. That's what they say. Get your counter beans. We're in bean down. My name is Jack O'Brien aka.
Speaker 3: You turned me fudge round, baby fudge round, like a fudgie wudgie fudge.
Speaker 1: Round, round round.
Speaker 3: You turned me fudge round, baby fudge round. That is courtesy a Max Are twelve sixteen on the discord. Just imagining an alternate universe where all songs mentioned fudge fudge rounds, like that new viral country.
Speaker 1: Song by Oliver Something.
Speaker 3: It's Oliver's either his first name or his last name. Yeah, I can't remember.
Speaker 1: The Big Talent.
Speaker 3: The Mega Talent Show winner. The second verse if you've only heard the first verse, that's like a throwback to Pete Seeger. Stick around for the second which is a throwback to last night's gut Feld. It seems like it was written by Greg Guttfeld truly. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Grass.
Speaker 2: Miles Gray a kay Id dropped charge, popped, got hit with the rico, my cu cut judge of the state where I got got cat rigging the folk and I can't stop stop.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Shout out to JM you sick one on Discord for that wonderful Trump version of Bad and Bougie. When you even uploaded a voice note on the Discord post, you were really trying to really get that Trump down.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that, Thank you, thank you for that instruction. Yes, yes, yes, yeah, that was beautiful. That was well done.
Speaker 3: We appreciate the voice message.
Speaker 1: Show's how it's done, Miles.
Speaker 3: We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of the funniest comedians and podcasters doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: God, we felt we felt like we were like, wait, is this really the first time you've been on Is this really the first time we've ever talked to each other? Yeah, because I definitely have like a parasocial relationship. I've been a fan from a distance of his appearances on various podcasts like how Many Bang Bang Dope Boys. He co hosts the podcast Get Played. He's one of a handful of people who I can remember hearing on I forget which podcast it was, but like I remember doing this with Gabriis and Carl Tart and our guest today where I was like, wait, who's this I'm like googling as a Yeah, who's this guy? Who's this guy a cigarette? And talking to Joe Pesci?
Speaker 1: Who is this guy? Who's this guy? Who's this guy? Anyways, it is the brilliant, the talented Matt. This is all too much. This is too much praise for your boy. I'm excited to be here. Yeah, we were saying that it's it's wild that this is my first time on I feel like we have a lot of we have a lot of mutual friends and that's on the show regularly. Yeah, I sort of know a lot of the guys, but I was like, I don't know those guys there seem they seem great. I'm happy. I'm happy to be here. I am really, really sorry that I interrupted. At the beginning. We were talking about how professional and like I keep it, and then immediately got too comfortable. Beautiful.
Speaker 3: It's just that I'm talking to my good friends the internet, that's right.
Speaker 1: And you know, I don't like how he doesn't like it. He doesn't like it. I pissed him off. I fucked up, man.
Speaker 3: We're also talking about that Gatoragge commercial. Oh yeah, the counterfactual Michael Jordan gatoragg commercial where where he's like, what if I wasn't like the sickest motherfucker who had picked up a basketball, like that would be so weird? Right, Yeah, what if it wasn't fucking awesome?
Speaker 1: I was watching these commercials yesterday on on Get Played. We were talking about the Donald Trump Pizza Hut commercials. Yeah, because he was he was kind of their spokesperson for a while. Was it the Big New Yorker? It was from the Big New Yorker. Yeah, and he eats the pizza crust first because it had the stuff crust too, And we were positing that they like had to come up with crust stuff crust pizza because that's how he eats pizza anyway, and they had to justify why he would do that. I like, yeah, from the back. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then it was just like, no, that's actually how I meant to do it, how everybody should do it that way. I'm normal, You're you're insane.
Speaker 1: His style is to just scrape the toppings off. He just eats the topics. He in a bowl. Would he'd rather in a bowl?
Speaker 3: The old pizza bowl? Just which is I feel like that was a was a product that was launched at some point by just pizza chain, just the like pizza bowl, like.
Speaker 1: I think Papa Papa John's did. Yeah, which again feels like something creations. Yeah, very nasty. The people that Papa John's. Wait, there was a pizza Wait what what was in it? It was just toppings. It's like cheese, sauce, pepperoni. Yeah, you probably want to be a little more vegetable forward to be eating something like that, but it's probably not that many in there. Oh.
Speaker 3: It does again feel like this is Trump like getting involved somehow.
Speaker 1: Here's what you do, Papa, he calls the invisible him behind the pizza chain world.
Speaker 2: It truly is like the onion meats trio, Poppa Bult. It's just pepperoni, sausage, meatballs stop topped with three cheeses and Italian seasoning baits to perfection in our signature sugar sauce.
Speaker 1: That does seem uniquely American, though, does it not? Like that? Like that type of food, the fact that that counts as food, it's so childish, like that's what we're shamelessly indulge our childish impulses where it's like I don't want to eat the pizza. I just want to go on the top, Like yeah, okay, fine. Meanwhile, the rest of the world is like the fuck are you doing? Yeah, like the fact that you can get like truffle mac and cheese and like act like it's not a dish for children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Or like you go to you get a Starbucks and you get a train to sized Pinole's. That's the capacity of a wine bottle, sir.
Speaker 1: But okay, we just have a couple of bottles of bottles of wine. Yeah, three full bottle of prappuccino, you know, propaccino.
Speaker 3: We have four or five bottles propaccino. All right, Matt, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: First, we're gonna tell our listeners a couple of things we're talking about today. We got some good news out of a Montana court, So we're gonna talk about that with regards as regards climate change, as regards the future of the planet, as regards Ron DeSantis is just like whatever, Okay, clearly I won Let's just move on here. So we're gonna talk about that. I'm trying to shoehorn a video game story in. Since Matt, you are a video game dude, I'm a gamer guy, as they're called.
Speaker 1: A game dude. Shout out game dude. The best video game store in La? Yeah? Is that right? Oh yeah, it's in North Hollywood. It's like a big warehouse and they have fucking everything like you can get you can get that Genesis shit right there. The cartridges are crisp.
Speaker 3: That has to have come on online, like late eighties, early nineties.
Speaker 1: I have been going there since the early nineties, like since ninety two. Whoa a bit of a game dude?
Speaker 3: Yoh yeah, all that plenty more. But first, Matt, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, yesterday I was googling The Walking Dead and I kind of went down like a rabbit hole because I fell off of the show and I used to love the comics, and I was like, oh, do I like get back into us? But now I see that there are like four spinoff shows that I just didn't just didn't watch, and the show ended in it's eleventh season. I was like, there's just no way I'm gonna be able to do. There's now like a Star Trek amount the Walking Dead that I'm just never gonna I probably never will get catch backed up. But I was just kind of seeing what each one of them was. So a lot of the searches, it's just like the various like Wikipedia entries for each show, and then it's like, why is that person have a strange name? And I was like, Oh, I've seen them in this and this and this or whatever, and so I kind of just went down a walking A Walking Dead rabbit hole was the most recent recent walking like how many. There's like Fear the Walking Dead. There's Fear the Walking Dead. There's Dead City, which is a sequel to The Walking Dead. There's the Daryl Dixon Show that's also a sequel. There's a prequel, isn't there. There's a there's what's it called, Oh, shoot, let me pull it up that hes up the Walking Dead, the Walking Dead World Beyond. Yes, Yeah, that one is like a story set in the future or something. And then there's a new Oh there's a new one coming out that brings back Rick Grimes and Macheon. And that one, I believe is called The People Who Live or something like that My god. Yeah, it's or The Ones who Live is coming in twenty twenty four because they were gonna they Andrew Lincoln left the show and they were gonna do these movies with him as Rick Grimes, and he was gonna be like a blockbuster like action hero basically, and they just never did that. They just like never did so he took him out of the show. He's like the best guy there and he's like the lead of the comic book series too, and they took him out of the show. They're like, we got to be here, we got to put him in movies, and then they just never did it. And now they're bringing him back for a spinoff series after the show has ended. Weird, it's like.
Speaker 3: The character left TV to pursue a film career, exactly like usually it's like the actor, like Clooney leaves the yard to pursue a film career.
Speaker 1: You like the character, and it like it fails to launch. Yeah, but there's just too many now and I am interested in catching up, but I just don't know if I'll I just don't know if I'll do all that. Yeah, when did you like?
Speaker 2: What is there is there a season that they consider like the peak because I stopped watching after Frank Dearrebanc was like off it.
Speaker 1: I was like, I stopped with it for a while. I actually probably did. I was thinking about this yesterday and I was like, when did I stop watching it? Like because there was a census or where I or at least I thought it was like the show has kind of fallen off, but I'm still watching it, like I kind of stick with shows even if I don't love it, Like I watched all of Dexter, like I've seen every day. Yeah, are you gonna watch it?
Speaker 3: Because that's an expanded television universe that's coming, right.
Speaker 1: I can't watch. Oh did you watch the New Ship too? I watched the new one too?
Speaker 2: Oh did they make amends for just the I mean once it ended? I was like, all right, yeah, fuck you two.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought the new thing, I can't remember what it was called. I thought it was pretty good compared to the final season of how it ended. But I don't think they can ever capture the heights of the John Lithgow season like that was just like such, that was like lightning in a bottle. The show was not that good before that and never as good after that, Like it was just like a lucky strike kind.
Speaker 2: Of when Edward James almost was a fucking figment of Yeah, motherfuckers. I was like, you really went that deep in the season, be like sorry, y'all, this was just some fake shit, this bigment of motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is terrible. Right anyway, when winded Walking Dead peak just so I know when to go up to. I feel like when Megan comes, when Jeffrey Dean Morgan comes into the series, that's like, it's it's it's huge in the comics too, Like he's such a presence and he's such a like dominant figure in the series, and he's such like a like just a top villain. I think that like, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan's performance and it is so so great that I think it elevated it to quite a bit because also, like you're you're you're used to the core group at that point and you're like, oh, ship, now he's in here, and he's gonna, you know, if you're familiar with the comics, start getting some RBIs. But he like he's baseball, Yeah, he's he's a big baseball bat guy. Let's say and let's say he hits dangers, this guy, but he they sort of I don't know they they he does it, and then he's around for a little bit, but then they, like I heard, they like make him good, and like, I don't think. I don't remember if the comics ever made him good. But then, you know, I stuck through it with until Andrew Lincoln left. I was like, you know what, I think we're good here. This is fine. I think I'm done. Thanks though, And that was always like season six, season seven or something, and it went like five more seasons like oh shit, okay, we'll good to know this round six. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Are they all like kind of of the same quality like that, because it seems, yeah, like that's the impression I get, like The Walking Dead and then like Dead City and yeahs also seem to be like all named by somebody who was like trying to come up with it, like he had fifteen minutes to come up with. Yeah, the names of every series reds next twenty years. Yeah, he's like, okay, we're just I'm just gonna rapid fire some off. Just like there's of course the Ones Who Live, which.
Speaker 1: Doesn't sound like it sounds like a daytime soap, Like it doesn't sound like it's one of the Walking Dead universe or just like a plot description. Yeah, yeah, it's just about the ones who live you call.
Speaker 3: It like the Final Girls or like you know some some none. No, it's just like the they're the ones who like the ones from the other part where the.
Speaker 1: People a bunch of bunch of Harry Potters walking around, right, But I think there I haven't. I don't know anybody that watched the spinoffs and were like these are as good, like these are like, yeah, these are these are of similar quality because like the Free Darbont season was kind of like its own thing because it was like pretty serious and not that the other shows became like less serious or whatever, but they became pulpier. I think like his was more of a grounded take and his like after that it became just like a horror like you know, sort of just like blockbustery type of like show. Yeah. Yeah, I was all about the art when it comes to Zombie Apocalypse now, yeah, it was more yeah, it was it was more. Yeah, like it was cinema as compared to you know, the m c U of the of the Walking Dead universe. Dead City. Yeah, welcome to dead City. This city is dead. What what's something you think is overrated? Man? Okay, so you you immediately had beef with this as soon as yeah, I told you, oh you haven't revised. Yeah, I haven't revised. This is not called out a switch blade and licked the fucking blade. We were like, oh yeah, I opened one and it was it was a comb and I was like, yeah, like it hurts, it hurts, it hurts. Yeah. Ow. But I think of of the big candies, Reese's Peanut butter cups are overrated, and I'm gonna go ahead and give you this grace. I'm not talking about the little guys. I'm talking about the regular sized ones. You know, the ratio is off too much peanut butter, I think so tours peanut. But like the the little ones, you know the ones that I'm talking about, like you get little the little not of minis, but like the little guys, Yeah, that's that's it. I'll have one of those a year and be like that was great and I cannot eat any more than that. Have you had the big the kings, like the big cup? You think I'm gonna go big when I think the regular size is the bad.
Speaker 3: But I will tell you that their chocolate ratio is a little bit more similar to the little Guy chocolate, just like blown up to a train toss.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Or like the one that was like fourteen they got they got Wayne's Lensky in the lab and yeah, yeah, it's the size of a you know, average laptop. Okay, like the fourteen inches.
Speaker 2: I think the diameter was fourteen inches for that one, and it like sold out instantly again because America is filled with people who are like, yeah, I want big resist cup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just talking about the ones that are called the big cup I think, or something big.
Speaker 1: Size, kind of the ones that have like the chips in them and ship those are those? Yeah, those are potato chips, the pretzels. I didn't. I didn't know. I because I don't keep up with the line. I gotta I gotta get in there and see big one. These are the walking dead spin offs of the you know, because I'll check in on what's going on, you know, I'll try a new eminem. Eminem has got a new flavor every couple of years or something. Do you try the brownie one? I tried the brownie one, and I tried. They had like a pepper one, like a like not pepper mint, but like a spicy one, and what it was bad, but I tried it. That's what I do every time I go to like the pharmacy, if I go to like CVS or some ship, because that's usually where like you can like once I walk, they have they perfectly place all that bullshit like yeah candy, yeah, and I'm like, fuck it, I'll buy three bags of whatever the fuck eminem this whatever combinations. Yeah, I'm like birthday cake, fucking hershey kisses and shit. Yeah, why you know what birthday cake. They don't have to do that. I think that's becoming overrated. Yeah, that's a little too much. And if I had to revise it, and I don't think I'm allowed to, I do think I would probably say birthday cake instead of reces. But since I can't revise it and I'm not being allowed to do that, it is going to be on your tomb. Yeah. Yeah, we did get an official ruling and yeah, yeah, it's already edged into my gravestone unfortunately. So yeah, there's not there's not a whole lot I can do about it. Matt appadaka and then underneath get in a ship about Candy, Ye Candy, dumb ass. Sorry man to go hard on that. Yeah, it sucks that it's I'm being roasted, but you know what posthumously, Yeah, yeah, it is what it is. I can't I can't defend myself. I'm dead, I go on.
Speaker 3: I just have to say this out loud because it's like in my head. Now you're really mad at me, and I'm so mad at you, and I want you off the show right now.
Speaker 1: The show's over.
Speaker 3: You have people talked about how your name is like what like perfect to be pronounced by forty before.
Speaker 1: No, I've not heard that. I've heard it's hard to pronounce. You guys nailed it right away, which was fantastic. How would E forty say it? That's pretty good? If I ever it was like Pascal Siakam, I thought you were doing Christopher walking like that's good.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I would like anyone of you who has a specific way of speaking, if you would like to take a crack at my last name. I know Walkin's listening, go off. I'd love to hear it. But it has to be because you talk a specific way, not because you're gonna have fun saying it in the wrong way, you know what I mean? Yeah, you have to be like, yeah, William Shatner's got to say it. Actually, you know what, Shatner, keep my name out of your mouth. I don't need to. You've said that, you've been saying I've been saying it. I was like, if Shatner ever mentions me it's on site, that's it. It ugly, it's ugly. I think, Yeah, catch my hands, that's it. Yeah. My first instinc was just to go like walk a floka. Oh that's very good, doc, Doc Devalier, I thought you were going to say that most of the word podcast is in my last name, which is true. Yeah, yeah, you yeah, exactly, Yeah yeah. The idea was really thought of until they got to me in the Wait a second, let's start this. Let's make everybody who would ever actually make money from it do that first, and then we'll get him in there. I don't know everybody's been saying that behind your back.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's true. Yeah, that's that's good company for me. I'm happy. I'm happy with you. I know it is. But if I was as good as her at podcasts, the industry would be different. Baby, what is something you think is under it? Okay, I don't know if you guys are going to agree, but I do think that when people talk about movies and they talk about trilogies and they talk about like sacred trilogies, this one gets left off. Nobody's really talking about this one in that same conversation. And I think it deserves to be up there with some of the greats. And it's the more recent Planet of the Apes trilogy, starting with Rise Dawn and War of the Planet of the Apes. I think all three of those movies fucking whip ass. They're so good. I really enjoyed the first two. The third one got good reviews.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I didn't see it, and I don't and I love movies, and for some reason, like yeah, I know what you mean, Like there was just something about the culture at the time that was just like, I don't know, man, we're kind of over the ship. You want you will see monkey ride a horse?
Speaker 1: Come on, what are you not even just monkey ride a horse, Monkey ride a horse, jumping through fire, shooting machine. Guy, it was rules. It's that if that movie came out, now, that's the only thing people would be talking about this year. They're like, I show this fucking crazy thing.
Speaker 2: This just rebranded as like apes on Cocaine, and then you'll be because like is War of the Planet of the Apes When they have the showdown on the suspension bridge. The second I think, I think, so, well, there's a lot of like gorillas, like where the gorillas pull up and they're like, yo, watch me throw some like bring a helicopter.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that is the second one, Yes, because they have retreated into the woods. They're further away from San Francisco. In War, they're like somewhere else completely, I think, because the first one is Merily in San Francis.
Speaker 3: Rise has the Rise the Suspension Bridge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they get in there. The second one they sort of now are more talking and you know they're still humans. And then War is like it's of course you miss that one. Yeah, with Woody Harrelson like leading all these fucking humans and ship. Yeah, it's it's fucking great. It's so good. And Gary Oldman's in the second one. It's got some star power behind these behind these ones.
Speaker 3: The guy went and saw the second one, I was like, no, notes, these seem to be getting like way the first one, I really enjoyed the second one. I was like, this is like way better. I can only imagine what the third one is going to be. Like Yeah, and then I didn't see it. It's like the very rare blockbuster that's like gets good reviews that I just like didn't see. So I don't know what it was just but I am part of the problem. I will admit there.
Speaker 1: I think give it a spin, check it out. I think it's so good and I think it's like, I don't know. Steve's On plays a monkey in the in War and I'm a big z On head. I love Steve Yeah, and he's he's so good in it. I loved him in this season The Gemstone. He's When I found out that he was in it, I was like, let's I'm ready for Steve's On to take over. I'm ready. I thought it was gonna happen after White Lotus, and I thought he was gonna be in a bunch of stuff. I have a big pitch for him, and maybe I should say I think I think he should be in a season of Fargo, and I think he'll bring home some hardware. I think he fucking ripped and oh yeah, yeah, a limited drama poised. Yeah yeah, we're ready for the renaissance.
Speaker 3: But he does need to have a little interlude. Yeah, it's it's interesting that he I didn't know he was in the third Planet of the Apes. Does he play human.
Speaker 1: Or he plays a monkey? He plays like an ape that they did like experiments on and so, but he's like kind of he so he's kind of like fucked up. Oh, is he the one in the trailer that looks like all hairless as ship? Yeah, he wears a jacket because he doesn't have any hair, because he's he wears a jacket because he's cold. But he's really funny in the wait, is that the one where they said it was dressed like Jerray McKesson. Oh? I know, because do you remember this Jack? I remember we were talking about this that like one of them like he was wearing like a blue like padded vest type ship. Yeah, okay, so he does wear a vest in the movie. Yeah yeah, yeah, And I remember when we were covering this. I remember, damn, this is how fucking back this show was going, where people were like that monkey is dressed like Jerray McKesson and everyone was like what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, But he has a moment in White Lotus where he like does like ape man an ape man thing that's weird, Like he gets drunk and then starts being like pounding his chest. He brought it, he used that he's using different parts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's that's why he's just so good. Yeah. And that they're making they're gonna be making some renaissance renaissance. They're gonna continue from war into whatever else, and like they this. The thing that is good about these movies is that it should didn't work because you know what it's building to you, Like the Planet of the Apes is such a famous movie, and like everybody knows the story of the movie. It's not on paper interesting how they get to that point where somebody, you know, where Charlton Heston comes back and is like, get your hands off me, you damn dirty ape. That's not interesting. But every single one of them tells us such a cool story. It rocks. They're so good. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: All right, this is a great underrated I'm not gonna comment on your overrated, but this is a.
Speaker 1: Great It's okay. I know that you're mad and no there's something I can do about it. But that's probably right.
Speaker 3: I think the only reason that I don't have the same take on recent's peanut buttercups is that I partake in all the different varieties, and so I can when I'm feeling a little over peanut buttered, I can always go to the King.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I I don't always give it a try because they're around. Like sometimes I'm like, I want a little piece of candy. Oh, I got Reese's here. I don't love that. Let me see if I if it's changed. And every single time and take a bite, I'm like, I don't like it that much.
Speaker 3: I will say, you should just stop trying, because nobody it doesn't tell me you like them in the world doesn't doesn't seem like you like them, and nobody else in the world sees that.
Speaker 1: And it's like, oh man, Reese's. Everybody else is like, hell, yeah, they got for somebody that wants one, I'm taking one bite and toss it in the dang trash.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, all right, Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll talk about some news.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: And we're back, and this is actually gonna be a full Reeseis show. I guess there's climate change news. But Myles was checking out the line up and cream Have you had Reese's creamy nurse?
Speaker 1: Crunch out of here?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Crunchy, I could with I could give that a world. They put the recent Cereal puffs in it. Oh okay, creamy? Is that creamy? Pan? No? No, no, no, that's a different Yeah, the one is creamy peanut butter versus. It was like a cream anywhere? Oh y, can I can I comment on the Cereal real quick? Yeah? I always felt like as a as a person of color, I always thought that that Cereal was exclusively marketed to people of color, and because there's never white children in the commercials, it was like, what is going on here? This is for us? The puffs are like really on point in terms of skin tone, like these are real skin tones? Yeah? Absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 2: I quite literally see myself in the Cereal So in that sense, it was drawing me, like I'm off to the flame exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, this Cereal is not for white children.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I think they those commercials really were. They're like, you ain't cool enough to eat this ship?
Speaker 1: White kids go back to your tricks. Yeah exactly, because this ship definitely ain't for kids. Yeah, it's like you. Yeah, because one was like, wasn't it like a wrap one? Yeahs puff Reesius puff peanut butter flavor. Oh man, I didn't know these. I think I was like old, Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Have been around when this was being I think they were. I was like, yeah this, I was like listening to radio, like the jaredital Radio Hour. But like I think these hit when I was like in middle school, so I wasn't like watching Saturday morning cartoons anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, oh there's one white homie. There was one white homie with the two. They gave him. Yeah, they they invited him, but like.
Speaker 2: Very but he plays a very like tertiary role in it, because like the main accent between the two black guys were like, yeah, this is good.
Speaker 1: Look I'm gonna go ahead and say it. He's lucky to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah exactly, and then like afterwards, like don't think you can start using the N word, Brad, Yeah yeah, because you like the cereal just you were just part of the commercial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then this one too. Yeah it's true. I mean, look, Rees's maybe they were they've been a civil rights leader this whole time. And you know what, that's why I'll always vow to take at least one bite of any Reese's cup, I see, even if I don't like it.
Speaker 3: And that's why neoliberalism work, you know, because there's money being spent to change hearts and minds via Recee's commercial.
Speaker 2: Right, exactly the same way I'll eat Little Caesars because the owner paid for Rosa Parks rent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know what. All right, I see you salute the champions. But anyway, good news. Shall we move on to Yeah, let's talk about some good news.
Speaker 2: So, despite the ongoing tragedy in Maui, on Maui, it seems like we have like an actual bit of good news on the climate front. So this judge in Montana ruled in favor of a group of young plaintiffs like between ages like five and up to like around twenty two or twenty one, that sued the state basically to change the state's laws underscoring their right to live in a you know, fucking healthy world. They basically argue that their constitutional rights were being trampled on, like being trampled on because the state, like actually legally mandates a policy that you know, like prioritizes fossil fuel use and also like the development of fossil fuel use.
Speaker 1: So like it's just very like, yeah, it's on our books. We love fucking gasoline and dino juice. Right, And there's also a part of those like mandates that actually make the state literally ignore the impact of fossil fuel use in greenhouse gas emissions. They're like, don't even look at that. Shit, it's our policy in the state of Montana. So basically they went full earth buck and the plaintiffs argued that the Montana Constitution grants them the right to a clean and healthful environment also like you know, dignity, help and safety, happiness, equal protection under the law. And they're saying, this, shit, if you're mandating this kind of nonsense, that completely that's violating our constitutional right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the judge heard enough, ruled in their favor and has now enjoyed the state from implementing these laws in the future.
Speaker 1: So it's done. So a very small thing, but many people are pointing to the fact that this is really significant. Yeah, And like a lot of policy people see this as a new tool to fight back because when all the facts and science and like are presented along with the impacts on the future generations, there seems to be a consensus that this amounts to a true constitutional violation that has to be considered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it's it should be against the law for them to poison the future.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's just because like I think it's abstract where it's like, well you can't dump radioactive waste by a school. Like it's the same thing where it's like, well we're not seeing it now, so it shit's just going in the air that who knows what impact that has, And now that they're articulating it, it's yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 3: Just pointing out that the current laws actually like mandate that you do destroy the earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's an easy one.
Speaker 2: It was probably the easiest one to go for because you're like they're literally saying ignore the fucking science here, Yeah, like at our detriment, Like so what gifts.
Speaker 1: Something I like about this story is that it includes that the ages of the plaintiffs. The plaintiffs were five to twenty two, Like it's like making it possible that it was the five year old that was like we got to do something about it. Yeah. Yeah, I mean, hey, hey, hey, hey, get off your fucking PlayStation. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm five years old and I'm looking at my outlook and I'm feeling fucked over.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. And then they're like, okay, let him cook, let him Cook's fine, Yeah for me, doesn't need an app No, he's being lit serious, Okay, just happened. He just happened. That's why he's so energetic. Right, he was arguing in front of the judge, like you know, rightimate change, climate change.
Speaker 3: But it does seem to be like something inherently like I don't know, this is definitely anecdotal, but it feels like young children are just like, yeah, no, I'm like a vegetarian because why wouldn't I bear you fucking crazy, It's like, you're six, what are you talking about? But they're just it seems like through just living in a world that is like completely deranged and completely fucking the future. Then yeah, like the message is getting to them despite the best efforts of kind of the mainstream media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how a little kid could look around now and be like this seems fine, Like it's like everything is just good, markedly bad that like kids today have to be like, hmmm, yeah, what ten years left, I'll be sixteen. Let's see if I can try to fix this thing. Like it's weird too, like how my am Like I used to be like, man, these young kids don't know. We was out here on bicycles and shit, yeah man she was. You could get you know, those fucking beautiful you used.
Speaker 3: To go around to playgrounds and say yeah, yeah, yeah, fucking know, push kid over, now, turn on the swing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But then like now I'm truly like, damn, these kids aren't gonna know some of the things like I in my own little baby, and I'm like this, I don't even know what the fuck his world is going to look like compared to the shit that I had.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, damn, Like it's that's kind of an l And now you realize, you know, this is truly like this is the real fight that has to that is taking place because this isn't the only place where lawsuits like this are happening. Because when in Hawaii, like in there are other states. Because again, it seems like a pretty good tool to use to try and counteract dino juice addiction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels and again, like as we talked about in our episode about Ministry for the Future, like we are in a unique position being inside the United States, Like we're in the belly of the beast, and like other countries are, you know, already kind of working with the new reality and just like in acting policies, but the US is still in this bizarre cognitive dissonance spiral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we're like, why is everyone so unhappy?
Speaker 3: It's like right, because like there's a very clear reality that everyone's having to just like lock out and ignore to like get through their day.
Speaker 1: To day lives. Yeah. Absolutely, it's not good for you. Can't be good for you. No, No, you have the ocean's boiling in Florida, Like like people are just like I just won't think about that.
Speaker 2: I'll just think about how my I got third degree burns from walking on the sidewalk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so hot outside, kidney, dude, we're going hot tubbing in the ocean.
Speaker 1: It's fucking tight. Yeah, that's so cool. So just can't stand for more than ten minutes or else. Yeah, yeah, you'll actually cook from the inside. Yeah, so you only want to get in there for just a little bit. You're not on blood thinners, are you? We need your blood kicking there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know that metaphor about like the frog and the boiling water, Like that's actually not a metaphor anymore.
Speaker 1: It's just like all these frog reality you need to.
Speaker 3: Get the fuck out of there now. Well, speaking of Florida, let's check in down there real quick, Rond de Santis. This is like I'm enjoying Ron de Santis's campaign.
Speaker 1: I did not think I would not.
Speaker 3: Hutting in, but man, he is bad at this and just there's not a true like note he is not he has yet to hit like a note that wasn't just like you know, just sour and like false and completely like incapable of connecting with humans in any way.
Speaker 1: And then like every headline that comes out every week is some version of like people like Rond de Santis till they fucking meet him, like they're just be doing to his There's so many permutations of that and the other ones like is Ron de Santis's biggest problem? Ron de Santis? What's so funny because like I feel like a lot of these guys come out of the woodwork, like even like like you know, they start talking, they start campaigning, and then they just like reveal himselves to be the biggest freaks on Earth, like like like a couple of years ago when I didn't know, I mean, he was blessed to not know who Ted Cruz was, and then he shows up and then he's just like the biggest dueb on planet Earth. Yeah, it's like this guy fucking sucks. He's like not even like not that like his policies would be better if he was cool, but like he can't even pretend to be like a normal man. Well yeah, he's just like there's he has like every terrible fall, like he's a coward, like on top of being like a racist and like violently ignorant. Is like he doesn't stand for any not even his own wife. You're like, yeah, are you at a little girl?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So you know Ron DeSantis Now he's like trying to fucking rite the ship, like he's trying to be like, I'm the optics are so bad around everything I do, Like I need fucking help. And he recently proclaimed that he's moved on from his feud with Disney, which is one of those central conflicts that has made him look like the most pet let asshole out there. Yeah, and so again, just to break it down again, if you recall, Disney decided to speak up way too late in the game when DeSantis decided to roll out his don't say gay bill, and people were like, uh, Disney's like, oh yeah, yeah, I actually yeah, this is bad, and people like thank you. It was weeks late, but thank you for saying something. This upset rob and he decided to nullify Disney's like autonomous zone in Orlando and install his own puppet board. And there's all that's like legal fucking maneuvering. This led Disney to file a lawsuit against DeSantis and the state for what they described as quote a targeted campaign of government retaliation. True, and this led to just a ton of people roasting him, Like even Donald Trump's like, oh, you got an a fight with Mickey Mouse and you got it humiliated, and like you know, everyone was just fucking roasting his ass. And now his latest quotes about it, he's like trying to act like this whole thing wasn't in l the whole time. This is the last thing he just said on CNBC. We've basically moved on. They're suing the state of Florida, and they're going to lose that lawsuit. So what I would say is drop the lawsuit. So all we want to do is treat everybody the same and let's move forward. I'm totally fine with that, but I'm not fine with giving extraordinary privileges, you know, to one special company at the exclusion of everybody else.
Speaker 1: This guy really just pulled the middle school like I'm winning this fight, so you might as well, yeah, walk away. Jim Robinson in the opening sketch of season three, when I start to lose, I look at my phone, like, truly, it really doesn't feel like we're like in middle school, like kids like talking shit that someone claps back and makes them look like an absolute fool and then they go, I'm actually I'm over it. Actually, like I wasn't even happy, Like this wasn't even a fight anyway. Yes, right, come on, fuck it right off.
Speaker 3: It's impressive, Like I've just that we've gotten to a place where this was like the great hope for defeating Donald Trump. And he's just he's so bad. Every he can't like, can't make a move that doesn't make him look like absolute ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just he's just a device, as Chris Crofton would say, you know what I mean, Like he just kind of goes where, like the shitty wind blows and he has no real thought and like so he's just trying to like he's just grasping at a ton of.
Speaker 1: Ship and yeah, he's like sideshow Bob stepping on rakes.
Speaker 3: But like as a guy, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, let's take a let's take another quick break, and we'll come back and talk about some pop culture.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: And we're back and let's talk video games. Hey, we so rarely do it on this podcast, do you guys not game miles games?
Speaker 1: Game? Oh yeah, yeah, I'm I'm right now, like Blue sing so many a lot of time playing Civilization six on switch? Right, Oh interesting, Okay, I just love playing the computer. And I was like, oh I'm gonna just download this real quick. It was a plane game. And then now I've like I love yeah yeah game okay, yeah yeah, console or otherwise just not on PC. I have the switch. I play wordle. You play Wordle on switch? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a pretty serious gamer.
Speaker 1: That's glad to get into that. That's really cool that you have, like probably the only switch that has wordle.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You see how he holds it too. You see how he holds it vertically. Oh interesting, Yeah, that's cool. I'm glad you have a game that you like, and that's cool that you have Wordle on switch. It's like such a unique that's really cool for you. I like to play the New York Times crossword Puzzle on Switch. Yeah yeah, yeah, Okay, guys, we're gonna have to talk offline. I don't think you know what the game switch is, this guy is. The important thing is to know to switch gamer. Yeah, people like me.
Speaker 3: So there's there's this sim game, a city planning sim style video games. So here's the thing about me. I will listen to a video game podcast describe video games to me that I've never played and that I probably never will play. And I find it very interesting to hear about video games. I find the promise very interesting, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot of We get that feedback a lot when people are like, I don't even play video games. I just like the show and hearing you guys talk about them, and I'm just like, that's that's I love it. That's great. I don't understand, but I love it because I don't listen. I don't seek out things that I don't do myself to, Like I don't listen to podcasts about like welding or whatever. I like it because I don't have an interest in it. But it hats off to all the welders. I think it's like.
Speaker 2: It's also like the twitch thing too, where I was always amazing, like motherfuckers are just watching people Like I'm like, no, give me the control.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then you sit down and you watch it and you're like, I'm just like more captivated by this than any TV show I watched this year. It's the way he makes the characters talk shit to each other's red did though he's almost speaking Yeah. The saltiest response is it's fun.
Speaker 3: So this game, like people are talking about how City Skylines two is coming out. I guess the first one came out in twenty fifteen. It's sold like twelve million copies since coming out, and it's like a city planning sim game. The video that I watched, I watched two videos, and I will tell you which of them I recommend.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 3: In one, a guy builds a town on top of a volcano and just absolutely repeatedly continuously pelt his city with meteors meteor strikes, and his solution for storing his town's sewage is to put it all in the volcano. And then it doesn't doesn't end well, oh my god, So for.
Speaker 2: Like the sanitation in whatever department, like, he just routes all of it to go into like the fucking.
Speaker 1: Into the volcano. I'll burn it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then by the end there's a huge catastrophe. And then the other one was like an actual city planner being like all right, it's I'm gonna like do do this and see how it compares with the realm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that one is boring. Burn this shit with magma, I get it. I get it. I mean if you could weaponize magma, yeah, why not, Yeah, or use it as a way to deal with the you know, refuse. So yeah, yeah, we're not using magma enough, I think. And that's something absolutely I think we should do that probably has no ramifications on the climate. I think we should probably so switch to magma.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the is it Greenland or Iceland one of those that's like mostly volcanic powered, like the whole, the whole. I think it's Iceland, is like everything is like just pipes that are working with underground.
Speaker 1: Energy.
Speaker 3: Anyways, it's a possibility that we should all be looking into. But there's like there's cool stuff like you have you can build like hydro electric dams and windmills and you know, figure out how you want to power things. But it seems like for this second one, they are taking a turn more towards the actual city planning version, and there's going to be I'm hoping you can still do probably, but I think they're adding more of an economic element to it. And now your city can go broke. There will be like waves of layoffs, there will be homelessness epidemics in.
Speaker 1: Cities, labor too, like as an option. Is that real? Yeah? Wow, oh my god.
Speaker 3: So it'll be interesting, Like they're definitely opening themselves up to because because anytime you're like having a city simulation video game, like there are political choices tied up in that right right right. If you decide to go like full libertarian and like that's the way to like run a successful city, then you're probably leaving something out and like that reflects a political choice there. But I don't know, this seems like it's more tilted in a here's what actually has happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I think it's like a really interesting teaching tool too, because it's like, I video games have taught me a lot of shit, like whether it's incorrect history or what fucking flags look like because I was playing so much Carmen San Diego as a kid.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has the capacity to like give you sort of new ways of thinking. Like you can see it with sports, like how Madden has affected how like even NFL, like people play like physical football and shit like that, but like.
Speaker 3: How insufferable people are to talk to about football who play.
Speaker 1: It's definitely that. But like with like a game like this though, like where you're trying to do like you're you know, you're you're in aging in like a sim game. But it's also like you're now having to actually consider these like sort of economic socioeconomic factors as to how that works. I'm sure there's gonna be people who are like fuck it, like I just want to burn everybody with volcanic shit. But then I'm sure like other people like to even see what those relationships are like in whatever your disposition is as a person, you're gonna want to be like, oh, no, like, how do I optimize like the everybody doing well in this city?
Speaker 2: Oh, I need to tax people. Oh there's revenues here from all these like rich people, because those are all these like levers that you can pull in the game. So and I'm I'm really interested in it just because part of me wants to be like, yeah, I know how to do this and then cut to my shit burning down with liquid magma shit.
Speaker 1: But hey, we'll Seeah, there's this video game that I love so much called Disco Elysium and oh yeah, just got that on switch. You're gonna love it. It's so it's like such a unique RPG, pointing click like adventure type game. And what it is is you're a detective who has amnesia and you're trying to solve a mystery of like one, who you are, why you're there, and this murder that has taken place. And the reason I bring it up is because you can sort of align politically with different political parties and that affects how you play the game. So like you could side with fascists, you could side with like these like neoliberal type people, or you can be an anarchist and do sort of like your own thing, and that's like wild. That's a wild choice too. And it's interesting because these developers who are from Europe. I can't remember exactly where who made this game, Like you're winning. Yeah, it's like sort of just like there is from Europe. Well, they sort of had a more nuanced take on it than like an American development team might have because they like thinking about things a little more holistically. So, but you can play the game a bunch of different ways and in different playthroughs, be like a completely different guy basically, even though you're still the one character. But it's interesting because they had to sort of account for any sort of other political choice you might make, so like if you follow the fascist ending, you you know, stick with that, and there's like the other like things you can do within that as well that you know, I didn't pick that one, like a totally different game, Yeah exactly. Yeah, Like that's really interesting. So like something like this, the city Planning one, I would hope that it wouldn't have like I also, well, this is my sincere hope. I would hope that it's made by good people and that there's not a fascism part of it.
Speaker 2: At all, Right, where it's like, yeah, everything looks way cooler when you go full fash.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. Yea, yeah, yeah, you get a bunch of thses for like being the front racy. But like I would imagine that if it is like sort of like a singular point of view, that yeah, things are probably being left out, like there's not everything is being accounted for, and that's that is interesting. I wonder how city builders too will handle it. Yeah, It's it seems like there's a lot of like input. I mean like cause there are really trying to replicate like how you relationships work, like are so popular and so like beloved. Now there's so there's like a power washing simulator game and people just like like that because watching power watching things are like so satisfying, Like then you doing it yeah, is like its own thing too. It's like it's it's such a fun thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because like I was just playing you know, a Jedi Survivor and like that super fun and like hacking them up with lightsabers. But then like I I've just been playing so much Civilization and I realize it's like the difference between like playing like sort of these like tent pole games that are super like action packed are just kind of like these really huge bursts of energy, whereas like when I play SIMS, I feel like I'm sculpting something because it takes time.
Speaker 1: Like it's not the game, you know, it's just it's a it's as in depth as you want to go. So I think because of that, the like the way you engage with it as much deeper and much more patient. And I think, I don't know, like I'm finding myself really liking that part of gaming again, Yeah, the process of it, rather than like the instant dopamine hit of like, oh shit, can I use dual lightsabers and fucking cut this droid in three? I loved that game as well, and that was just specifically why because I loved I loved the Kylo Ren stance. Yeah, that heavy stance. I just loved dripping through people like that. I was all using the blaster, you know what I mean? Oh yeah, with that you know always you never never, never caught lacking.
Speaker 3: That that game is Like, once my seven year old finds out that that game exists, like I will lose him as a human being.
Speaker 1: Oh you will be gone from me. You gotta go incremental man like he just runs.
Speaker 3: Around our house pretending to do the ship that you guys just described, just like all that.
Speaker 4: He's just like oh right, yeah, he's like yeah, yeah, does he have a little lightsaber? Oh yeah, yeah yeah, oh hes got lightsabers. He's also got like just anything becomes a lightsaber. You know, like four markers going and.
Speaker 1: That was such a thing. Yeah, that was like the ultimate thing you could do with markers.
Speaker 2: And that's like a baton and ship and then you always got mad when you hit something and just fucking shattered.
Speaker 3: Because yeah, this is probably an impossible question and not one I should be asking with like a minute left in our show, But like what would you say, Like how's the political content of the video game industry compare to like, you know, movies are made in Hollywood and they like think of themselves as being pretty liberal, but then like they're also you know doing the work of the military and ship, Like is it like kind of the same in the video game industry?
Speaker 1: Is it? I feel like a lot of video game games don't really do. Like there are some games that are like overtly like political. Like there's this game called Papers Please, where you're like at like a border and like you are checking people's like papers when they're not allowed to come out. Yeah, exactly, that's interesting. Discolsium. I would say it's like a pretty political video game, but like from as far as like Triple A titles, I don't think they're getting more political than like Call of Duty, like that's like you know, sort of like the army is good, Like that's like the thing is like yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: But I mean some are rock stars games like you can tell are made with a little more thought, like there's because those are like satire, Like it's particularly Grand Theft thoughto or like satire video games, but that in mass people have ignored that part of it, and people like the worst people are like Grand.
Speaker 1: Theft Auto is like the best fucking thing ever, dude. It's fun and it's like interesting, and like they do they are making fun of, like you know, all sides of the political spectrum, I guess, but it is like sometimes done with the less delicate hand in certain directions than they should in other directions. But I think they tried to do some of that in that Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven also, but like it actually is just kind of it's stupid, Like he doesn't he doesn't really say anything, like it is kind of just like oh, like yeah, you can align with the cops or like you can like be like you end up doing a bunch of errands for cops actually, and that feels like the shittiest thing ever. Like that's all video games, though, you are Spider Man. In the Spider Man game, you're helping cops all the time, or like this sucks. I hate helping cops. I would never be caught dead helping a coup. That's also movement, right, Like yeah, true too. The default protagonist is cops. Yeah, since I was the only good guys are cops. Yeah, yeah, fucking good guy.
Speaker 3: And like my favorite movie is Jaws, like randomly the best the protagonist that that's a fucking cop for some reason, Like what man, why is the protagonist of.
Speaker 1: Jaws a cop? The only good guy in Jaws is a shark. That's right. Yeah, that's an brother. Get out of his ocean, not messing with him. Yeah, you're fucking up my house. That's why I'm so close to y'all ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, all right, well, Matt, truly a pleasure having you on the show. Can people find you, follow you all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: Look, it's tough now with social media. I'm not on X. I used to be on Twitter. I used to really love being on there. I had some nice followers there. I left. I'm not there anymore. You can follow me on Instagram, which I acknowledge is also a bad place to be. But like, well, we got to wait and see who wins the fight. Well, yeah, it is my sincere hope that Zuckerberg hits him one time and his head falls. I just want the funniest thing to have, like sock them, like rock them, sock them, robot. It just like goes up. Yeah, but I'm on I'm on there. I'm on threads, But like, am I on threads? What's on threads? You know who's on first, But otherwise you know I'm on God, my brain just completely stopped. I'm on the podcast Get Played with Nick Wiger and Heather and Campbell. Check that out wherever you get punts. We have an anime Patreon show called Get Animated where we're talking. We talked. We watched like an entire series of anime, two episodes at a time, for several weeks, and then we talk about it. We did Neon Genesis Evangeli, and we did the show called Licorus Recoil. We watched uh god, we watched Akira on there. I had never seen a Kira before. Oh man, that's a great I watched that fairly recently. I watched it guy for the first time, like last year, and was like, this is like one of the best movies I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's so incredible. Yeah, why was this kept from me? I had Why was this not like one of the first movies I saw. Yeah, I mean I guess probably because it's maybe not appropriate.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, rted R. I mean that's why we're still waiting for that live action. I would be interested. I don't know if they need to do it, but I know that I feel like I heard that Taiko Yitt was supposed to be doing it or something. Yeah, yeah, and I trust Tycho with that. I think you could do it well. See. Yeah, I mean it is one of those things where like on its own, it's completely amazing, but there's there's just something about that esthetic where like I would welcome to see that like sort of irl. Oh yeah, like a future that isn't that didn't come true, Like it is like an interesting sort of like setting right, like in terms of like technology and fashion, Like I think that movie is set in like twenty fifteen or something like, yeah, and that's now long past, and like it's nothing like that now yeah yeah, oh yeah twenty nineteen. Yeah. It's like it's just so interesting. But the slide works on in live action. You've seen it in things. I thought, I having not seen it before, I thought the slide like on the motorcycle was like the main thing, Like this is certainly like the climax of the movie, him sliding on this motorcycle. And then it happens ten minutes into the movie. I was like, well, what the hell is the rest of this ye, and then it becomes the crazy, it becomes insane, and you're like, oh this this rocks. But those are the two things that I would like to plug. And oh I have I worked. I produced this other show that's on the Ewolf Presents feed called Expo Xpos with my pal Jacob Waizaki, and we went to a bunch of different expos in southern California and interviewed people there and and it's like it's a very like sweet and like sincere show. It's not it's a comedy show, but like it's not that like that type of shing. Usually you see people going up to people and like making fun of the people there or whatever. It's like a very genuine like we're trying to just figure out what is going on here and why people like it and learning about the different subcultures they're in. And it's uh, I think it's it came out really great and I hope people check it out. Oh amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: I guess you just told us about a couple those things, But I guess I'm on those things. So that's like that that that that that don't count the Oh, my friend Chris Farren put out an album recently called Doom Singer and it's very good. It's a great it's a great album. Check out the song Cosmic Leash And if that doesn't hook you, what the heck's wrong with? Yeah? You have ears?
Speaker 3: You got ears, you gotta function year you can get hooked on this. Yeah, Miles, where can people find you? Is there workI media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the at based websites at Miles of Gray. That's m I L E. S g R A Y.
Speaker 2: It's wild when sometimes people reach out like type my handle but then misspell my first names. But hey, it is what it's And also find us on the basketball podcast Myles and Jack Got Mad Boosties. Also the new true crime show I'm doing The Good Thief talking about the Greek robin Hood and also fiance Yeah, yeah, yeah, check.
Speaker 1: It all out.
Speaker 2: A tweet I like, is this from Jesse McLaren at Mcjesse tweeted country musicians are like, y'all, there's two things I can't stand, socialism and the exploitation of my labor by the bourgeoisie.
Speaker 1: Yesterday. That is so good. Yeah, man, shit Richmond, north of Richmond, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore, O'Brian on threads at Jack Underscore, Oh Underscore Brian.
Speaker 1: A couple tweets I've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: Kings Lay tweeted, I'm a huge fan of that post laundry feeling where you've got all your A list clothes back in the game. Yeah, man, truly, particularly the underwear, like I just have like some pairs of underwear that are like much better than the rest. There's a real, real big differentiation between the A list and C list there so, and then Harrison Wine red tweeted it's cool when a bathroom stall has a coat hook, Like, yeah, fuck it, I'll hang out. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeist. We're at the Daily Zeikeeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page on a website, Daily zeikeist dot com where post our episodes and our footnotes where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song.
Speaker 1: Do we think you might enjoy?
Speaker 3: Miles, what's a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: Oh? This is gonna be a remix of the banger from the Ots? L right, was it the Hots? Remember tweet? Oh my, oh my, oh big gold musher? Remember that's anyway some of us really remember that track. Anyway. There's like a house technoi ish remix of that, uh, and it's really dope. It's called Couldn't Catch My Breath. So check this one out from DJ house Plants. DJ house Plant's great name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, we'll link off to that in the footnotes The Daily Zai's production by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast wherever.
Speaker 1: You listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 3: That's going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what's trending, and we will talk to you all then Fight by