Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It's be Joey p Jopi's a PA. We are alive right here on our YouTube channel, Fantasy Pros m l B. Yeah, subscribe today. We just crossed seventeen thousand subscribers. We love all of you, and that means we're gonna wig out on opening day, the twenty eighth Thursday. Welsh and I will be wearing wigs on the show. I already picked mine out. I'm i gonna tell you what is. We're still working on Welsh's but I am here. The Welshes here. Our discord listeners are here too. If you want to join the chat, joining for free at fantasybros dot com slash chat on discords, you can be involved in fun things like this. And speaking of fun, just when you're starting to hit the wall with draft coverage, well you might be dragging a little bit. It's a Monday. We bring in an amazing guest who has the energy level of I don't know, like I would say a toddler birthday party. That's the level of energy that Michael Gove always brings. He's one of my favorite people. He's the host of the Palazzo podcast. You can follow him on Exit MJ Govier go Vier. It's so great to see you, buddy. I missed you. I love the energy, I love your excitement. Baseball is almost here, buddy. Are you ready for it? Because it's like ten days away.
Speaker 2: Now I'm feeling it. It's great to be here, Joe. It's been too long. I'm so glad to speak baseball with you again. In fact, I think the last time we did it, we were doing an outfielder preview in twenty twenty two, and you may or may not have said Ilo Jimenez would be good. I never had what ever happened?
Speaker 1: I'm sure not the only person that thought that in twenty twenty two. I can tell you things. We're going in the right direction there. Unfortunately, not see you.
Speaker 3: What twenty twenty four, I still talk.
Speaker 1: I'm playing for a contract, Welsh. You're not playing for a contract. But we're coming fresh off of our incredible Fantasy Fest, which if you haven't seen it already, go to the YouTube channel. It's in a playlist right now. All the segments there half hour each with some of the best minds, PI and Howski was on there. Stanful was on there. We had Chris Towers on there, we had who else we ino, sarahs was on there, Steve Gardner, Welsh. I thought that that was just four incredible hours of talking fantasy baseball, and I think that all of our guests were just unbelievable. I think everybody needs to go run to the YouTube channel to watch all those in smaller forms. If they didn't get to watch a lot.
Speaker 3: We actually have it. It's really great YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB. Lots of people are watching us live. There's another cool feature, watching this box Draft live. If you're listening on the podcast or watching later, make sure you subscribe to the channel because you can see them all nicely, nice little bits of video that you can check out, and a little plug to myself. I edited the best of version if you want to check it on the podcast version just under an hour. I even host it and I bring you through some of the best segments of it. So there's lots of ways to consume the Fantasy Fest. Unless you're degenerate and you just want to sit down for four hours and watch us, then you know we've got it.
Speaker 2: Done.
Speaker 3: Easy up for you.
Speaker 1: Speaking of us too, Wonky Penguin. Kelly Kirby was on the draft in the last hour, and they've given you a crap about your but and shirt. I mean, god, dude, she's saying. Welsh looks like he's going to a mixer later today. Are you do you have a mixer later this afternoon.
Speaker 3: I will be on CBS Fantasy Baseball today later and I'm doing some more podcasts. No, I can't make anybody happy here. I wear the hats.
Speaker 1: Literally.
Speaker 3: During Fantasy Fast we had someone welch, where's the where's the do? Where's it going back? I'm trying to dress nice, trying to do a little shirt. I think this is a big deal. I put the hair out, and now everybody thinks I'm going out for a date later.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I don't know here. You take the wife out somewhere nice, that'd be nice. Govier just dropped his wife off in Canada and then drove home for the draft. True story, folks, True story. He said it as though he was dropping her off at the grocery store. Dropping her off that's a happy marrow at her mother's house or something like. I'll be right there. I just got to drop my wife off in Canada. These are things you say when you're in Michigan. By the way, JD, I see you. That's right. I did say, yeah, like La Knight and if you like the wrestling stuff, you know I got the wrestling show too. But today we've got a draft and it's serious stuff. Twelve team Rodo style, five by five old school. We just did the head to head last week, so we're going back to old school here, so we're gonna kick things off. Now. Go Via. You took this second spot here, which again the board was open. You could have had anywhere. You said, let somebody else have a Cunya. You did that. So year or two. Jurors is at the one spot. Mookie Betts Legacy Team is at three. Jam Considine is at four, Portland Pickles at five. I took the six spot, so I went from one to twelve. Now I'm at six today, delve is at seven, DJs at eight, Mannik is at nine. Mister Buster, a friend of the show, one of our favorite folks at leading off is at ten, Nate Miller at eleven, and Welsh You took the twelve spot. So Govia Why did you give up the number one spot when you could add everything? You could have had a Counya. You could have had it all I.
Speaker 2: Could have had, could have been a contender. Look, I just wanted to have the challenge of deciding on the two pick. There's been a lot of debate during the preseason here about who should be number two after Acunya. You know, I'm not even gonna make some argument about Harry Well. Maybe it shouldn't be a Counya. Let's just skip all that and let's figure out should be Julio Rodriguez, Should it be Bobby Witch? Should it be Mookie Betts, a short stop eligible superstar on the greatest team that the Lord himself ever assembled?
Speaker 1: You're up? What are you doing? So make your pick? You only got a couple of seconds left there. I'm gonna pause it because I think you might not have realized that we started there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think I got caught up with the Yeah, look at.
Speaker 1: What you have taken Bobby Witt Junior. I guess that's the question because it looks like I couldn't pause it in times. Gobe is like, I don't care, I'm going right.
Speaker 3: I wish you would have taken Mookie Betts in front of Mookiy Betts legacy team. That's really the only way to do this draft is take the player that's in someone's name. But that's okay, Bobby Wait is the correct number two pick.
Speaker 1: I have a problem with the Bobby Wit selection either. Lots of stolen bases, lots of everything. There By the way, this is why I love doing the live shows here with you guys, because r J and the Chad says, Welsh looks like he's going door to door asking if you've heard the good word? Have you?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm if you're spreading the good word of O'Neil Cruz. Have you heard of Onil?
Speaker 2: I heard It's like that in the league where the Ruxton joins that cult for a while to get fantasy internal wonderful.
Speaker 1: All sorts of pamphlets going on here, all right, So I am up here at six, Kyle Tucker on the board. Certainly good place to start. I feel good about that. In terms of the way the rosters are structured today, just to review for everybody, one catcher, first, second, third, short we're doing corner and middle infielders, we're doing one, two, three, four active outfielders in a util, so I'm gonna go with the outfielder Hurst of Tucker. We have nine open pitcher spots and we're only doing four bench spots because we're live today with the people hanging out. So just to recap the first round so far, Acunya one, Bobby Witt Junior, Mookie Betts, Julio Rodriguez, Corbyn Carroll, and Kyle Tucker. So I'm taking a page out of Klegg's book from the other day where we had him on last week on Friday with him and Joel Rico. If you missed that draft show, go watch that one. But in that middle of six you're guaranteed to get a stud player again. So just went next here, DJ just took Freddy Freeman. So Welsh, what's your ideal turn here? And remember we are live, so people were drafting with us, might be watching and stealing your picks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my deal turn is not looking at the chat everybody is just killing me. Hore by the way, said why you dress so fine today? Man? I need to dress up a little bit more. So it's not a big deal. So my idea, well, can I stall a little bit because Nate Miller's right in front of me. I mean, ideally we're to be get like Otani and Judge. That would make me jump, you know, jump, jump, jump and rip off the shirt like whole Coogan. Oh but I don't think it's gonna happen. I love Stryder even in this spot, as he just went to mister Buster. So Otani and Judge they're the top players on the board, though, so I think I'm gonna get one of them, and oh my god, I'm I get both of them. Good things are happening today, folks. Trey Turner goes eleven, eleventh overall, so getting Judge at Otani is an ideal situation. I don't care about the DH only I moved Otani up. I think my number eight overall player, seven overall player, Judge with the big power, even though he did not get into some actual practice today, It's okay. I am going to slap all of that homer and all of that speed potential on Otani. So I'm very happy about that, all right, So.
Speaker 1: Why Judge there? Govie? What do you think about Welsh a star here?
Speaker 2: I don't get the Judge part. I love the Otani part. In fact, I'm not kidding. I would have considered taking Otani too. I am not kidding. I think he's gonna be incredible this year as a hitter. But the Judge toe chronic problem old man time. I'm worried. Big body freaks me out.
Speaker 3: I like forty five to fifty homers. I'm pretty good with that. They've already said that he's going to be good for opening Day, regardless of how they're babying him in stupid spring. Here the toe is something to consider. But here's this cool thing. It's called the DH and John Carlos Stanton lost a bunch of weight. Looks like they could throw him back out in the outfield if they need to, baby Judge, they can put him out of the DH. I'm taking some injury risk. I'm take a little risk with Otani, but I don't care. I want a leap power. I want it early. I'll find my stolen bases late. I will take the discount and judge all day, including today.
Speaker 2: But sorry, Jordan is very powerful as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I like the thirty five homers, but I don't think there is any less injury risk with Jordan Alvarez over Aaron Judge, you're gonna tell me that Jordan Alvarez is a better safer pick than Aaron Judge, I'm gonna lol, because they are both injury risks. So if I'm gonna take the power, I'm gonna take the guy who can hit the most homers in baseball. The argument really would have been Matt Olsen. By the way, if I if you want to make the big argument of power, go to Matt Olsen at first base. Get the elite stats there that I actually was kind of considering. But I'm not scared. I'm not gonna be scart, not scarred.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna go ahead make my pick right now, and then we'll recap the rest of it. Also, it is season long rod this draft, So I think with Judge, even if he ends up playing one hundred and twenty five hundred and thirty games, I think you still take the productivity there as opposed to the last draft we did, which is head to head, and it head to head, I'm where Govier is, which is like I'm not if I've got the whole board to myself there pretty much the turn Judge is still one of those pieces in the back of my head. Still a little scary. I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you lose the playoffs. That stinks in heads, I.
Speaker 1: Agree there, Harper, Olsen, Ramirez, Alvarez, all those guys. But speaking of those guys, that's how they went there. Nate Miller took Jose Ramirez at the two oh two, then Matt Olsen at two o three, Bryce Harper two four, uh, Jordan Alvarez at two oh five, and then two o six Austin Riley. I took Ozzie Albi's because everybody knows I love Albi's second basement. I've got my more stolen bases there too. Second base falls off quite a bit. Plus we've got the middle infield spots to deal with later Rafield Devers at two to eight, Simeon at two nine. I kept debating Simeon or Albi's Welsh. Where do you have those two in your rankings? Do you have Ozsi Albi's over Simeon?
Speaker 3: I have the that's a good question. I think I've got Albi's one D spot above. I love Devers though the divers, I love him. I think he's super underrated, even though the guy's thirty five hundred hundred with a high batting average. But we all knew you were taking Ozzie Alby's that is your guy. Like of this year, Ozzy Albi's and Alex Bregman need to be on all of your teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, I'm sure Joe Pisap is going to like my draft.
Speaker 3: But I will say I think here's here's my only caveat to Devers though. I think it is easier to get great second basement later in like Bryson Stott to tell Marte, than it is to get great third basement letter. So if you want to think it about the position eligibility, I would be paying attention just a tiny bit more to Deavors.
Speaker 1: Well. See, I like that depth of third base too. When you start to get to the Royce, Lewis Bregman grouping, I'm more apt to roll with those guys as well. Now, somebody in the chat I see also, because we've been talking wrestling here wants me. I think it's John Shimmick wants me to make a pick in macho man voice, So I will make the next one in macho man Randy Savage voice. Let's take a quick break in the action to tell you about fan Tracks the most customizable fantasy platform in the industry, offering the greatest fantasy experience for your dynasty, keeper, redraft and Best Ball leagues. Create or join a Fantasy Baseball commissioner league, invite your friends and dominate your draft this season, and fan tracks Free MLB League Manager is the most customizable, easy to use, and feature rich platform in the industry. If there's anything lacking in your current fantasy league manager, fan Tracks likely has it. Go deep with the ultimate keeper and Dynasty leagues. Create a simple redraft league or even a customizable Best Ball league with up to two thousand teams, and if you're coming from another service, fan Tracks can import any of your current leagues and customize them as needed. Fantasy sports doesn't sleep, and neither does fan Tracks. With seasons running three hundred and sixty five days a year, many have already renewed schedule their drafts, continued trading of players, draft picks, et cetera. There's a reason why fantasy players who try fan Tracks make it their permanent home for all their fantasy leagues. Sign up for free today and be entered to win the fan Tracks game day experience, where Fantracks will send you and your league to an MLB game of your choice. Simply go to fantracks dot com slash Fantasy Pros and sign up today. That's fantracks dot com slash Fantasy Pros, fan Tracks, the home of fantasy sports. And now back to the action. But we have picks to recap here, so let's go through them. After Devers and Simeon, Vlad Guerrero to ten Ellie de la Cruz, Francisco Lindor goes to go Vier. I'm sorry, no one more spot before go Vier. Lindor Alonso, then back to go Vier at three oh two. So Govier, you selected Ellie de la Cruz and Michael Harris at the end of the second, beginning of the third at three oh two, you got Harris. How do you feel about wit Ellie Michael Harris in.
Speaker 3: The beginning of that bill all the stolen bases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the world of stolen bases, one man, Yeah, I had to get Ellie to me, Ellie de la Cruz. I'm not worried about the k Ray. He's going to get better. He's not going to strike out thirty two, three or three percent forever. And he's gonna steal arguably one hundred bases. I'm dead serious about that. And Michael Harris. I'm taking him over Luis Robert because I like the batting average better and I think there's more power for Michael Harris to come this season. Louis Roberts struck out one hundred and seventy two times last year. Michael Harris only struck out about one hundred. I'm taking Harris over Robert.
Speaker 1: All right, Looking at the rest of the board here, I am now up, which means I'm gonna go back to the drift Wizard. Yeah, we're gonna go back. We're gonna look at Gunner Henderson. Yeah, he qualifies at third base, and its short stup. In a drift Wizard, the recommendations always rise to the top. That's right, can you dig it? It's cool. I'm gonna snip in at Gunner Henderson right here, take him right here. So Gunner Henderson at three zh six. That's my selection to recap picture in betweens. Louis Castillo, Luis Robert, Louis Corbyn Burns. Sorry, I just got into a groove there, just regular Corbyn Burns. So the second pitcher off the board, so so far wels just Strider, Corbyn Burns three point oh five. So I took Gunner Henderson, so I've got Albi's, I've got Henderson, I've got Tucker. That's the beginning of my build. Delvick selected Zach Wheeler. So three pitchers, I'm sorry, four pitchers in three rounds. Castillo did go in this round as well. So Welsh does that feel about right to in terms of like the amount of pictures that are now going off the board since the Garrett Cole news.
Speaker 3: I'm actually a little surprised because this was like the Battle of all right, are people scared because of the injuries or now there's one less ace off the board so we have to make sure we get them. I'm actually a little surprised we didn't have many more pitchers go. And I'm patiently waiting for Nate Miller, who's about to pick, because then I'm up and oh man, he took one of them. Pablo Lopez was one of those that was sitting out there. But Kevin Gossman. People are still a little bit scared about the little bit scared about the Kevin Gossman back injury. Oh dig it, I'm gonna go and double tap pitching here. I'm not gonna be scurred. I'm not gonna play skirt here. I mean, I don't like necessarily taking a lot of these guys right as the uh well, we know it's George kir and it is exactly right, it's Kevin Gosman and George Kirby's without setting up back to back pictures these two, I couldn't be more excited. I would have taken Pablo and Kirby. I didn't realize Gospwein was there. So I've got my two huge power bats. I've got my two huge aces. One is a big strikeout option. One is the whip King, who I think can be a top guy. We're in the cycle of Welsh liking his draft. We're about three rounds away from me starting to talk crap and hate it.
Speaker 1: So all right, Well that actually didn't happen last time. On Friday, I got gated, awfully, I think, and you you were eleventh out of tenth, out of.
Speaker 3: Twelve, eleven out of twelve, Thanks Joe. Sorry, Well you know, oh all right, I'm the winner. Look at me. I'm joking, Nikis.
Speaker 1: I learned about Eddie concerned about Kevin Gossman right now in terms of injury. I mean, it's hard to pass up the I know you're going to take Kirby no matter what, but Gossman still feels like a little bit of a risk. Is it the right amount of risk here at that moment for you?
Speaker 3: If it were, I mean, I think it's still the back stuff. If it were Ury Perez based arm issues, I would be exponentially more worried. But I will say this, let me throw on top with this pitching stuff. We lost Garrett Cole Uri Perez looks like he's gone. We still don't know. Blake Snell looks a little worrisome. There's more guys in the top twenty that are coming off of the board. That's lessening the group. So I'm prioritizing a little bit. If you're going to give me deals on top end pictures, I'm gonna take him. I'm taking on a little bit adherent risk. I guess of the injury with Gosman isn't the type of injury that like terrifies me. So I am gonna grab a hold of two aces while a lot like we have twelve teams not everybody's gonna be able to get two top twenty pictures.
Speaker 1: I just did all right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: John, by the way, Uh Shimmick was very happy with my Randy Savage. He said, nailed the Randy Savage mannerisms properly. Thank you, John.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it now and load though, Yeah, you kept it really kind of like do you.
Speaker 1: Want to like snick? John? I wanted to keep it really low key when we're doing the drift, it's live. Yeah, you gotta you gotta keep it inter repts.
Speaker 3: It's always had a oh who is the oh, oh the comedian I just forgot his name. Oh, uh Sam Sam Kennison here.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was gonna say that Dan Soder Is that his name? That the comedian who doesn't amazing macha man.
Speaker 3: Randy always had a little Sam Kennison in him where he'd be, you know, like like laying it in or quiet and then oh like that. That was kind of Randy to me.
Speaker 1: Is coming up speed here. So we've got after Kirby, Zach Gallan, Randy Rose, Arena, Yamamoto, Logan Webb, Adolis Garcia. Then I took Tyler Glass now again, it was the recommendation guy, but it's also the guy that I want to take. There, the upsides there, the strikeouts there. He could end up a top five pitcher when all is said and done. He's just got a somehow. For the love of God, one time across one hundred and sixty innings, please c J. Abrams and Royce Lewis who I almost took, but I decided to go pitcher. So it was a Constantine there took that pick. Mookie Betts selected Tariq Scooble Govier, you took a catcher, Adlie Rutchman, you're up again. I'll let you make your other pick here while I keep recapping. At the turn, Framber Valdez goes to durs and then Aaron Nola, so they doubled up on starters. Go Vier, what are you gonna do with this pick? Twenty seven seconds on the clock.
Speaker 2: I got sniped on trek schoolball is one pick away. It would have been my dream to have him as by number one, not being a homer either. It's not just because I'm the Go Tigers guy. I love him this year with Chris Fedder the pitching coach, he knows what he's doing, So for me now, I'm looking at pitching and I'm like, oh boy, I really put myself in a spot here. So I'm gonna take a closer that could trust Camillo Daval.
Speaker 1: There you go. Okay, So Camilla Daval off the board? Here? Was that the first closer? I believe it was. It may be I'm looking correctly at the board, it was, Well, how do you feel about that? Is that the right answer for first closer off the board? Or is it a hater or a Diaz? It was Camillo d'vall instead of Hater or Diaz or las.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I have said that. I think Davall is in the grouping like he's the inn. See that's not my pick. Hater is my pick here or Edwin Diaz. But Daval is in that tier of like if I don't get him, then it's like, well, I'm gonna wait a little while, because I mean, Daval was at the tippy top of saves last year. If especially if they do make a Snell signing, you have pictures that are gonna get to that bullpen. The division's a little bit tougher to get save opportunities. But Deval has no questions whatsoever. But I'm not taking I wouldn't consider Deval even remotely close before Edwin Diaz or Josh Hater, but I would. I mean, now that we've lost Devin Williams, I could see easily see taking him over class, And looks like we are going to lose Johann Duran for a little bit as he's going to start the season on the IL. So this is another one of those situations. We lost all these starting pitchers. Now the top end closers people are gonna have a little bit of an advantage if you take them early, which isn't really happening. Daval is the only closer that's gone off the board, which is kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, this is obviously our crew staying very disciplined, taking hitting early. These are our leading off people. These are our fantasy pros MLB people, that's for sure. As we continue on there after Deval, Alex Bregman, Welsh, Mookie Bett's legacy took him right out from under me, So that's very sad. Friend, Vierralta, one of my other favorites, goes to content Ie. Then Portland Pickles took Mike Trout, so I didn't have to make that decision. Although I would have had to think long and hard about it in the fifth round, like I would have to really look at the board and say, do I want to do this now? I ended up taking Nolan Jones. I almost look Bellinger and get going back and forth. I decided at the end of the day to take Nolan Jones, give me Colorado, give me the younger player, give me the player that I again, I know we disagree there on Nolan Jones. But what I love here about what I've done with Gunner Henderson and Nolan Jones is now the draft can come to me. I can slide Gunner Henderson from third to short, I can slide Nolan Jones from first to the outfield. I can let the best player on the board come to me. And I think that's something that's very underrated when you're drafting. If you're between two players and they're very close, that position flexibility allows you to maneuver the draft towards your favor. So it's something that I always like to do. And there's a few players you can do that with in these middle rounds. Here and the early going Max Fried goes next, then here we go closer time. Josh hater, Edwin Diaz, then Manny Machado, Christian Yelwich, the Welsh. You're up for two picks with twenty seconds left.
Speaker 3: All right, we are going to not be too focused on stolen bases. We are going to take what I think is a great steal here in Paul Goldschmidt. And then I ask you, fine, gentlemen, have you.
Speaker 4: Heard the word oh, oh, there we go. I love o'neel Cruz because we will take O'Neill Cruz to make sure that we have It's sorry poppy riding here, but if you heard the good word, Cruise is the other pick.
Speaker 1: I don't take solicitation during a draft, but whatever, I'll allow it this time. Goal shooting Cruise certainly two good spots there. Cru is going to help you with your stolen bases as well. Nate Miller is next on deck. And obviously, as you're watching today or you're probably listening, you have to remember we're using Draft Wizard to do the draft. And if you want to dominate your Fantasy Baseball drafts, you have to use Draft Wizard. It's the most comprehensive suite of tools. It's going to change the game for you. You can import rankings, you can use custom cheat sheets. You can use cheat sheets based on our rankings here on Fantasy Pros Welsh's mind a combination hybrid of yours along with us. It doesn't matter. Anybody's got the ranks up on Pros, you can select them for your cheat sheets. You can perfect your draft strategy too. You can use the draft simulator run a gazillion mock drafts in just a few minutes. It's amazing how fast you can go through these things. You can backpicks out, continue to craft your strategy. It's just incredible. If you haven't tried it, just sink your league, use it and continue to use a draft analyzer for all of your drafts so you can draft with the SYNC on as well, which is huge. That is something we love as well. So I have to pause because I'm in the middle of read here. I hope I didn't get auto picked. I did, which is sad and frustrating. Oh and something I would never do woild is take a closer on top of that.
Speaker 3: So I want to remind people too. Something I said in a video and we said in a previous show is if let's say we're not gonna shame you. But you've done no prep and you maybe only watch a couple videos and your draft is literally about to start. You have an hour in front of you. You could knock out four to five mock drafts and it's like us holding your hand during the draft with draft picks. So even without prep, the Draft Wizard is the way to go. So single well, we'll see if.
Speaker 1: Draft Wizard is right at the end of the day. And I understand there's a closer run.
Speaker 3: I had him on my shows.
Speaker 1: I'm not a closer guy.
Speaker 2: All hell Draft Wizard Well.
Speaker 1: Fantasybros dot Com slash draft Wizard. You can turn your draft day stress into draft day success and again, just download the app or go to fancerports dot com slash draft Wizard. I trust draft Wizard. Draft Wizard knows what's going on. We're gonna continue to resume the draft here. I wish I could back out the picks in these drafts, but I can't. I can only do that in the simulations. That would be nice if I was still picking, if I wasn't trying to be a good host and do reads for the company, I would be looking at Bobby Miller here that's probably where I would have gone to get my second starting pitcher. So a little frustrated. Everybody knows I'm very high on those guys. Grayson Rodriguez still on the board too, very frustrated, Welsh. I'm gonna try to bury my sorrows, but again, I'm gonna need closers. I'm gonna need saves to back things up here. Just would have waited a little bit longer, But again that's on me. I should have made sure that I set it to that setting.
Speaker 2: But don't beat yourself up, Joe, I want I want to.
Speaker 1: Beat myself up. Go via a couple picks. Looking to you, so far, you've got to catcher outfield, You've got a shortstop, third basement, and a closer. Where are you going first? You're gonna try to take your first starting pitcher here?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Is it that obvious?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It probably is. I wanted Scoogle, so then I complained and maybe I sabitized myself by taking Goval Dovall. Why why did I do that? I'm stupid, But I'm also a guy who learning to make mistakes and grow from them. So knowing that, I feel great about Logan Gilbert being on the board, I'm going to take Logan Gilbert over Grayson Rodriguez over Zach Eflin without a doubt over Blakes now for sure, because Logan Gilbert is about to take it to another level this year. I'm expecting a little bit better ratios to go along with the case, and he could arguably be a number one top twelve starring picture my end of season, no doubt.
Speaker 1: All Right, Govier, we've heard a lot of noise from Welsh about his dislike of Logan Gilbert's I just don't like.
Speaker 3: The halpit alone and I don't dislike Melan.
Speaker 1: Jones positive news. So give me some positive bent on why it's Logan Gilbert for you as I recap these picks in between after class A. Bobby Miller, of course, Pickles knew exactly stuck me right with the knife in the back, Brian Reynolds, Jordan Mont and you took Gilbert Cole Reagan's goes next to Durs. So go Vier, talk about Gilbert, and I know this next pick's coming up for you too, and talk about what you're gonna do with this next one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gilbert's the guys. I'm on the clock now. I don't have any shares of and I'm I'd rather if I had Schooble all day. But I'm settling for Gilbert away. But I don't feel it's a terrible, terrible drop off. I still like both the parks. They pitch in advantage to the al Central for being a worse league, easier for schoobl Aos a little bit tougher. And then on this pick, I love getting flexibility. But I'm gonna go my second picture. Who I like it. That's Joe Ryan. Yeah, I'm taking Joe Ryan, who I prefer over some of those other dudes.
Speaker 1: All right, Joe Ryan certainly another one of my favorites, So it seems like a good pick to me. So Gilbert and Ryan for you, you're building that rotation. I'm up into three picks here.
Speaker 3: And I have to wait so long. I was just sitting here. I'm like, why am I not kicking? But it's so long. This is what I don't like about on the wheel. The wheel, it's so great, I get to make my decisions. We got to the end of the round and I was like, ooh, I'm up. No, I'm not. I have to wait in higher another round. I'm so impatient.
Speaker 1: Are you new to how drafting works?
Speaker 3: Yes, I wanted Cole Reagans and he went and it's just.
Speaker 1: Oh well, but we talked about this last time. Well, she's probably a good time to bring it up again. Is I mentioned when I was at the wheel last time how the anticipation of what the run is going to be is crucial?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh, do you feel like you're not doing a good job of that?
Speaker 3: No? No, I love the picks. I think I'm getting good values. I'm putting together what I want. Goldschmidt was a deal O'Neil Cruz I have so much higher than I even took him. But I know his ADP's round six. I'm good with it. It's just difficult, like you're saying, the anticipation of watching all the You're like, could this work for me? Could this fall to me? No, it doesn't. Cole Reagan's goes, Labor Torres goes. Of course, you take Justin Steele never can have Seal. It will be a miracle if the is this the last draft? I can't have Justin Steel anywhere? It's really heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: Wait is this the last draft? They thought? That can't be true? Week John I don't know now I'm thinking about it might be the last one. Might have to look that up there, that's very set. I think it is the last one looks at. And in honor of you being the closer, you were the first guy to really take a closer. So you see that, Govier, see what you did, so bea It's.
Speaker 2: All coming together. It's a circle.
Speaker 1: Let delvec by the way, take Xander Bogart's right after me. The guy was debating back and forth, so I am getting screwed. I hate drafting in the middle, so I'm happy to be at the turn where Welsh is.
Speaker 3: You lost your voice there a little bit, and you're like I.
Speaker 1: So much I do. I hate it. I hate being in the middle because you are a subject to getting burned on the right side, getting burned on the left side. I don't like it at all. And the fact that I made a pick and then Bobby Miller went after, and then I made another pick and Xander Bogarts went after, I just hate it. So now I've become the Welsh. I hate my draft in the middle. Jesus Lizardo goes Joe Musgrove goes Blake snellghoes all the other pictures. I was contemplating, Nate Miller takes real Muto Welsh, you're up for two picks. Finally, oh god, finally the draft has come back to the Welsh.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't like any of these players, so that's the fortunate part of what's happened. So what I'm gonna do. Because I don't love the third base, I am going to lock up Nolan Aernado, so I've got the Cardinals corner endfield and then someone who should be pushing up a little bit more. Because I love the trade and I think this is kind of a deal, I'm going to jump in on the Dylan Ceas bandwagon. I love the ballpark factor with San Diego. I like the new offensive support. I'm gonna get big strikeouts. We just got to make sure he doesn't absolutely fall apart and he's not going to be the ace on this team. So Dylan Cees right around these this eighty marker. I moved him up a tiny bit higher in my ranks, which are live over on Fantasy Pros. You guys can use him the cheat cheater. Check hi out fantasycros dot com, slash MLB rankings. I got seased a little bit higher than this, but he has not adjusted from ADP on the trade. So I think this is a good spot for my sp three.
Speaker 1: Okay, so looking around the rest of the board here, as we keep coming back through, I'm up in a few picks. We have Dylan c then Rice Iglacias, Kyllege s Warber, Wilson, Controll's Christian Walker two picks to me, I'm on tilt a little bit. I gotta say, I'm not happy with the way things are going. I've gone complete Welsh here, just in the middle here, I think I know which way I want to go. I'm gonna take some steady guys here.
Speaker 3: You're gonna love it soon. Then if you're if you're on my trajectory, you're gonna hate it now and you're gonna love it by round like thirteen.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hate it now, but yeah, you're like that, like the worst salesman ever. You're gonna love it. And it's just like two or three years. I'm still here.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, push through this. I'm I'm your therapist. Push through this. We're gonna get there. You're gonna love it here soon. I don't know if the the great at the end is going to but you know what, soung As you're happy Joe with you, that's all that matters.
Speaker 1: And that's that's true.
Speaker 3: If you're in fantasy baseball when it is important, if we like.
Speaker 1: It or I'm gonna lean in Welsh, I'm gonna lean into it. I'm gonna take Munyos take another closer here because they're flying fast and Furio that's unfortunate. I'm gonna lean in to what's going on, especially with more closer. News is pictures continue to drop like flies here in spring training. It's just, uh, this is why you should always draft as late as you possibly can. My homely draft is tomorrow night. This is that last week of spring training where you know, you really kind of you know, people start to peter off a little bit, start to take a little bit of a break, but you know, we've got certainly a few days left. Hopefully it just gets to the draft healthy. That's what we're trying to do here. So go vier you're up in a couple picks, Let's try to get in the recap here. So after I took Muns another closer off the board, So this is a group we're drafted with today, Welsh, it seems very close or happy? Does this feel like a good off the board?
Speaker 3: This is where the wheel is going to hurt me. I can already feel it now.
Speaker 1: Well, you do not have a closer yet. So what is your plan now that you did not anticipate as you should have earlier.
Speaker 3: Well, it's I'm I'm going to be digging in the garbage. Apparently I'm going to be Oscar the Grouch. That's gonna end up happening because Evan Phillips was my plan and now that is gone, and I'm anticipating probably three or four more closers, so I'm going to have to probably do a lot more speculation. There's still a few, but Evan Phillips, that was kind of that next tier target, you know, put him in the Best Draft Markets video.
Speaker 2: So it's it keeps sniping me. I hate it.
Speaker 1: GOVI got sniped again and with a player that I was going to take to So Castillanos goes off. That's the one I almost took. I decided and said to lean into the relief pitchers again because I got another guy that I do like. So you pivoted them to Torkosen. A pretty good pivot there. I mean a guy who hit thirty bombs last year. Torkosen so far in the projections again, thirty eighty seven eighty two. That seems pretty good there a batting average hovering probably around two forty. How do you feel about that Torkosen selection?
Speaker 2: Well, Mookie best legacy team is killing me. He's killing me. I wanted Castianos for his batting average. Now I took a guy with more power. Where can I get batting average? Or should I take a picture here? As I'm back on the clock, and I gotta say, uh, I don't love all the pitching here this moment. I don't want to take another closer either. I feel like I get some more value there later. This is one of those times, gentlemen, where I just have to trust my gut and believe in the process, and I'm going to take ice on Kim. Multiple positional eligibility.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like variety and flexibility.
Speaker 1: There you go the varieties there, Kim is now there by the way, Sea Wald and Whitet Langford, go Wyatt Langford. In case you're keeping score at home, I just did a short about this. He is leading spring training in ops RBI slugging, He's tied for second in home runs, he is tied for third and batting average and hits Welsh.
Speaker 3: Wouldn it be awesome if they send him down to I think I give the best all of that and they're like, well, he's really got to work on the way the ball gets out of the glove when he throws it from the otherfield.
Speaker 1: What does he have to really work on. I mean, that's just that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it would be hilarious.
Speaker 1: Enough with the slander. That's what I'm enough with the slander. That's what I'm saying. It's it's crazy. Just put the guy there, let him play, and if they do send him down, I mean that would be just absurd.
Speaker 3: I mean, well it yeah, no, he I mean he anywhere?
Speaker 1: Oh now I got sniped here in this off the board.
Speaker 3: One interesting thing real quick with the Langford stuff is word came out Kobe Mayo with the orioles, is a guy that's absolutely been dominating. But it came out that you know, what was the likelihood of him making the roster and the team. I think it was the team officials said, not very likely if Holiday makes the roster. And that's so interesting of the multi rookie thing, because that was one of the arguments with the Rangers is they've already got Evan Carter, who's gonna fie for that, you know, rookie of the Year thing for the extra pick. Maybe they don't need Press Langford. It's just weird that teams are going from, yeah, we'll put one guy, but even if this other guy is the best player, we still might not put him on the team. And that's what's going on with the Orioles.
Speaker 2: It is. It's a mess. It's a total mess. Also a good question real quick in the chat for JJ russo, should I wait to do our draft after the Korea opening Day or do it now now?
Speaker 3: I say, wait, yeah, I don't. I don't think this. I think this series doesn't it doesn't matter enough. I mean, it does take two games away from the Dodgers and the Padres, So I guess you could look at that from a hole. But I Bogman and I were doing our home league like the night. I think we're doing it Wednesday night and Thursday is opening day, so we're waiting.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look, the later you can wait, the better it is. I understand the little trick because you're talking about games actually hounting and starting, so that I can certainly understand. But so far, here again this has been a you know, this is what happens. Our listeners are so smart. They'll be doing such a good job watching all the shows, listen to all the shows, using all the tools and draft ways and stuff like that. They're given us a hard time today, which is good. I can't wait to see who wins this draft. After Kim goes, Marte gos Lane, Thomas goes. Both guys out of my que Michael King, of course, was in MI queue. I hate and I mentioned I hate drafting sex. I hate drafting in the middle. Well, you don't like the middle, you don't like No, I don't like to be the meat in the sandwich here Michael King goes. And then I took Saya Suzuki because I want to get an outfielder as outfielder's gat game. Pick a little rough there, Michael, Why do you like Suzuki this year? Let's talk about because I have zero share so far. This is the first time I think i've taken Suzuki.
Speaker 2: I love it because he took his game up a notch. He figured some stuff out last year, reduced the case a bit more, got on base little bit more, show a little bit more power, and now as he comes into his own here I kept in my home league. That's a fourteen team head to head cats. I love Saya Suzuki because his profile gives you a really safe floor, right.
Speaker 1: I agree, by the way, say Flora, and that's what I was looking for there, because the upside of Lane Thomas was gone, and Michael King, had he made it to me, I would have selected Michael King. Everybody knows that for sure, all right, So DELVEK goes and takes Young, then Tanner by b Garrett Cole goes at nine to nine, still too early for my taste, Wilson, Contreras, Josh Lowe, and then Wels. Your two picks are up.
Speaker 3: I just took Evan Carter and Pete Fairbanks. I will tell you I did not want to take the closer. I felt compelled because there's only one or two arms that I really like. I have such a long wait. Pete Fairbanks is in that Evan Phillips group. So I didn't want to say his name. Earlier, I only had one outfielder, and I took Evan Carter. I kind of wanted to take two, to be honest with you, but I got to sacrifice something, and I'm sacrificing the balance. Overall. I've got one closer, three starting pitchers, two outfielders. I got a decent amount of infield and I'm hoping a few things fall my way, but I'm gonna have to wait two hours a million picks between nine.
Speaker 1: Alright, So after you took Carter and Fairbanks, Yondi Diaz, David Bednar, Tommy Edmund Andres Amanez, Chris Bassett, and then I took Chris Sale. Eurie Perez was ranked higher. But again, I'm gonna roll the dice on the old man here at getting right in Atlanta and giving me one good year on that Atlanta Braves team. The strikeout rate was still strong there last year for Sale. A lot of weird injuries. To me, Sale can make or break this Braves team, because when your third starter isn't right, that's the difference. You know, you're expecting your one and two guys to always deliver. Put you in spots to win four and five is always gonna be questionable. It's the guy who's in that third spot in your rotation in Major League Baseball. And when you're looking at let's say, win totals for teams, to me, that's the deal breaker when I'm looking at overs and unders, is what does a third starter look like on that team? And Sale, if he is right, is a huge win for this Braves team. If he's another guy's gonna give you a hundred innings, it's gonna be a huge problem for the Atlanta Braves. So I took Sale here over Perez because again I'm worried that Perez can give me one hundred and twenty innings one hundred and thirty innings. So Sale to me, I'm gonna take my shot on the guy who pitches for the Braves. And so the guy pitches on the Marlins Portland pickos takes Jordan Walker again, another guy out of my queue, Spencer Steer, Merril Kelly, Josh Naylor also out of my cue. Love this pick go Via. I know you're on the clock, so we'll get to your second one and the second ti Oscar nandez Zach Geloff also out of my cue. My goodness, this group is fiery today. Durs is crushing. It is a problem. He needs to not only is there's a problem. Look at this rotation Framber or Nola Reagan's He's got Cassus Wyatt, Langford, Alonzo, Lindora, Kunya Durs. If you lose this draft is on you, bro.
Speaker 3: Like Oscar Gelloff is what I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: By the way, Geloff is another guy having a great spring. Welsh, what are you taking out of that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm there's a lot of strikeouts, though I was. I was actually just looking at him the other day. The strikeouts are I think thirty six percent in spring, which you I mean the spring stats in general. Like I've been sitting around being like, hey, Jared Kelnick is great. He's the worst spring training player of all time. And everyone is like, oh, there we go, he's garbage. It's like, okay, well we're picking that apart. Then we also can't be super positive about the guys that are doing great coming back down like I would like. The only thing I would have liked from Geloff is to see the strikeout rate lower. I don't care about the batting average I don't care about the power, I don't care about the speed. I just want to see the strikeout rate lower. And it's like thirty six percent right now, so that's a little worrisome. But he's a twenty twenty guy, and I was about to take him.
Speaker 1: All right. I'm gonna go ahead and take the what I imagine is probably the top lift here guy right now and continue to pound the outfield because outfield is rough. And I'm gonna take George Springer again a steal. I got not one, not two, but three clap mojis from Draft Wizards, So Draft Wizard we're speaking terms again. Things are going very well for us. So after I want to talk about govi A's picks here two Josh Naylor, Clay Holmes. You took another closer here, so you've got two closers. You got Josh Nayler. Nayler to me, it's one of the great values on the board, had a terrific season last year. Again, needs to play more than one hundred and twenty games, but if he does, this could be a huge win for you. At ten to eleven.
Speaker 2: Michael, Oh wow, we are definitely sympetico right there. My friend. Also, two re just came by this. This is the last time I said anything. Uh, every time you hear Evan Carter, somebody wants to get Carter. It is that terrible movie with Sylvester Sloan Calleme.
Speaker 3: I bought that movie. I owned that.
Speaker 1: Isn't that like if? People if it was like all the leftover remnants of like Payback with Mel Gibson.
Speaker 3: I think it was like, yeah, it was like the it was in the Revenge film things and it was like, you know, Mobby, I owned that movie.
Speaker 2: It was a remake. Michael Kaine was in the original I think like in the seventies or something.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well, Mark Okain and I'll play a gangst in this movie. That's all. I'll play a gangst and I'll draft fantasy baseball teams. That's why I.
Speaker 2: Run plus. Also, I love Josh Naylor too, Just to be on the record real quick, He's gonna be a great batting average floor for you. I didn't get Cassi. I took Naylor. I'm actually happy with that. It works out quite well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, that's a hell of a pivot. I think things worked out pretty well there for you, and we're probably the only fantasy podcast at least today that's going to have a macho man invitation and Michael Caine invitation. Mean's fun to do. I think everybody has a Michael Kaine. Yeah, everyone has that. Everyone has that version of walkle Kay and have you ever seen the Trip Jeff Wiz. It's had to help you make your picks, make such as small picks like so I'm not stupid, So you get all your picks in there, one thing right there, and make your cheat sheets say you're prepared. Not what that idiot Joe pisip. All right, So Clay Holmes, then Dansby, Swanson, Christian and carnasci O and Strand Bailey ober I took Springer.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Then you have Jackson Curio, Anthony Santander, Ian Hat Bryce and Scott Marcelo's doon at eleven eleven, then Riley Green to the Welsh and Tanner Scott So Welsh, do you feel like you should have just continued to wait a little bit more on closers or do you feel like you got your forced hand here? I feel like your hand was forced That's what I'm feeling right these lock couple bits.
Speaker 3: Not necessarily I am. We are delving into the not liking this draft portion that I'm the worst person of all time and I should rethink what I do. Like we're kind of in that realm because I just took Tanner Scott and Riley Green and I keep getting sniped. I wanted Bryson Stott so bad. So we're on the downturn of my negative and we'll come back up with some picks. But no, the closer thing I actually really don't feel is a problem. A little bit worried about starting pitching and stolen bases. I'm trying to make sure I can compete in stolen bases. Just I had a very like concrete way I wanted to think of this team. And then when you start deviating off of certain players or you know, like bad batting average, and it kind of throws you off. That's why, by the way, I passed up a stolen base option with a bad batting average for one of my favorite breakouts this year in Riley Green. You know, hard hit numbers were through the roof. XBA works in his favor. Expected batting average. I think he's an eight twenty plus homer is still ten going to be in the middle of the lineup. So I've got three incredibly great outfielders, but I'm feeling a little bit of the pressure.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you're going to be annoyed with the way this round is going when you're talking about looking for more stolen bases, because after you took ten Or Scott, Charlie Morton goes, Uri Perezo, Sonny Grey goes, then you Stirry Ruiz twelve oh five, Vinnie pas Quentino my people at twelve oh six, and I took Anthony.
Speaker 3: Who I was gonna take. When I took Riley Green, I was gonna take Riley Green and Volpy, and I decided to pass on Volpi to get the second closer. So maybe you're right. Maybe the the not having the elite closer made me take two middle guys and I just lost those stolen bases.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like that's you know, I know Michael's up, so I'm let to make his picks. But Welsh, I feel like that's the thing, is like, if you miss the run, just throw darts later, because I feel like you're trying to mess around with those middle guys. Not only is their job security sometimes tenuous, but on top of which you're also worried about missing out on, Like I said, the volpies of the world, Pas Guentino, right, some of these players, so Jackson Curio, some of these more exciting younger players that you might have had an opportunity to take. Do you feel like that's a better practice if like, if you if you miss the beginning closer, run just wait to the very end of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that is the way to go. I'm a again like the closing market I think is getting a little bit funky. We are getting a few more answers though, and like the Rangers announcing like it looks like jose Leclerk is gonna be the guy. But those back end closers, it seems like there's gonna be more rotational fireman spots. Pat Murphy said it with the Brewers. Instead of naming Pamps the closer, they just said, well, you know, he foresees leverage situations, and you might see a lot more leverage situations at the back end. So I feel a lot less comfortable with them, all right, I have a good.
Speaker 2: Pamps a lot by the way, yea, Amps, I'm just doing that now. I've been doing it for the last two weeks, Pamps.
Speaker 1: I have a bad feeling my rotation is gonna look very old very soon. And I'm just like the board and what's out there. I'm like, this might be a rotation for twenty seventeen. It might be like we'll see, uh, let's continue on here. At the Pigs ATHROI took Volpi, then Luis Arise, Ryan Helsley, Cedric Mullens, Alec Boum Degovier than Durors at the turn at twelve twelve Azela and Shane Bieber another guy that I was thinking about taking here when he came back. And then Jorge Solaire. So you got a corner guy here. You got an outfielder in so Lair, and he concerns about Solair moving to this ballpark in San fran.
Speaker 2: This is just absurd. I mean, the guy at cranks dongs in Kansas City, not exactly a home run paradise, and then he does it in Miami again, not a place where it's a home run free for all. So this guy can hit his power plays everywhere. So any talk this season about that narrative. But oh boys, good to San Francisco and end up be able to hit thirty home runs. The only thing that's gonna prevent him from hitting thirty home runs is injuries. That's his biggest bugaboo. Otherwise, I'm very confident of so Laire is a good floor for power.
Speaker 1: All right, Welsh will continue to look through here. Pickles is up, and then I'm gonna be next on the board. Yeah, some tough decisions are gonna have to be made here on this starting pitcher board. I can tell you right now because we are in that spot here where you gotta grab the right guy at the right time. Could be Verlander, could be Hunter, Brown, could be you, Darvish, all of which are around there for me. Potentially Darvis just made his Cactus debut. Slave to do that. So's that's pretty good. We're moving in the right direction there. It seems like I'm gonna go ahead and take a shot on Verlander. I er took a shot on Sale. I'm in for a penny, I'm in for a pound. Might as well just keep going down this road and either my hole, this team's gonna be first or last. I can tell you right now. But the way things are so.
Speaker 3: Ricky, Bobby too, I was gonna go Verlander.
Speaker 1: So you know what, Verlander is a fourth starter. I can live with that, Welsh. Do you think that's where you want to live with him this year?
Speaker 3: I wanted him as my friend. I wanted to Tay Yeah. No, absolutely. I think it mitigates the risk a little bit, and I think there's a lot more upside. When Verlander's your SP three you're kind of a little bit dicey. That's why I think like when you get into SP four territory, you can take more risk. Like Hunter Green, I think just literally just went like you can stomach those type of players where they could you know, maybe if they blow up a little bit. But it dress P four like if you've got three guys in front to carry your rotation, I'm willing to take those shots. And that's what I was going to do. And now I'm up, so you can.
Speaker 1: Talk, all right, I will talk now. So Jorge Soilira goes to go Vie and then Burrios at thirteen oh three, Estrada kimberl I took Verlander, ken Lee Jansen at thirteen oh seven Diaz another catcher off the board here, Yoshida Hunter Green, Sames Outman, Welsh is up for two picks there, so let's see what he's going to do. My guess is there's gonna be one starting picture at least in this is That's what I'm thinking, go Via, you agree, I think that's where he's going here another starting.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, everybody knows Wells loves a good starter. I mean he does, That's what he's known for.
Speaker 1: I'm just happy that the phrase cranking dongs made the show today. Well that's why you have them one. So chat McCormick and you Darvish, who I was contemplating. So, would you have taken Verlander over Darvish?
Speaker 3: Wells, that's my question? Yeah, I would have taken ver Verlander was my pick, I think. I mean, like Darvish has been a little bit more explosive, like blowing up. Verlander's stuff, for the most part, is still there. It's been injuries that are holding him back. Darvish wasn't. Darvish had a complete fall apart and injuries that are tied to it. So I think Verlander is just a much safer bet and maybe even a safer bet for wins. And I just don't feel like his stuff is as is as scary, right, now Darvish is a little bit of a risk. You're probably not going to do anything for the projections or anything like that. But again, what I just say, like SP four, I can take some risks. If Darvish does find himself again, then this is gonna be an absolute steal, and it does. Ario Cohen is a value zone, yeah, and Ario Cohen said he you know, he might be one of the big massive values according to ATC as well in later drafts.
Speaker 2: So I'm fine zone value zone, baby you. Darvas has entered the value zone.
Speaker 3: And I took Chas McCormick for stolen bases because I'm lagging and that is my fourth outfielder though, so I've already filled that spot out, but I was lagging in stolen bases, so hoping that helps me a tiny bit.
Speaker 1: All right. Alvarado goes after than Sean Murphy, Jake Berger, another guy was gonna take it fourteen oh four, but I couldn't. Nolan Gorman, Brian Who and then I am up next. Got a lot of different ways I can go here. I'm not taking Max Months even I love you, Draft Wizard.
Speaker 3: That's my that's my rank talking to you. Joe.
Speaker 1: It is, but I'm instead gonna pivot. I'm gonna take Rehyese Hoskins here instead. I think that's a better overall pick. And what I can do now again, this is the flexibility that I had earlier I talked about. You know, he can go to I can play Nolan Jones at first, I can move Jones to the outfield. I can just continue to see what makes it back to me. So this is where those early picks can pay off for you as the board gets a little thin here as we continue on. We were in the fourteenth round, so that pick was fourteen oh seven. Gobia, what are you looking to do here? You've still got am I seeing this correctly? Just two starting pitchers here, That.
Speaker 2: Is correct, Joe. You are perceptive and that's why you are in the position of power that you are in. Nice work, Nice work. I'll say this, I'm not gonna tell you what to do because Mookie Betts is on the clock and then he'll snipe me. So I'm gonna keep it hush hush, but you're about to see exactly what I'm gonna do. Also, Reese Hoskins is kind of just being ignored, like, oh, remember that guy miss a thirty home run bat here, so that's a good play, even if this is rodo with average. I know Hoskins is an OBP preferably, but the power plays everywhere.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: Give me Hits two forty five, two fifty like, that's great, I'll take that. I'll take that. With twenty eight homers and then eighty eighty, I think that's well within eyegrass, especially if he.
Speaker 3: Was at the top of my queue too, at the top of my Q for a corner and field spot. I think he's in for a big bounce back thirty Again, getting thirty home runs post one fifty should be something you pay attention to those players that have legit, legit shots at thirty homers, he is at the tippy top of the list of a thirty home run bat post one fifties, so I think it's a great pick.
Speaker 1: Sal Perez, Mitch kell Er, Brandon Nimo, then Govier takes a starter color, Carlos Rodin, Jared Durant at fourteen twelve, then Ezekiel Tovar. Durs is definitely using the Joey P. Welsh chie cheat. I feel Brutal Durs is crushing it right now. And then Hunter Brown another pitcher that was on my list. So Rodan and Brown dot the firm fourth starters. There you go, Now you got four just like that. The wormers turn Govier. Give me your low down on these two guys, Rodan and Hunter Brown.
Speaker 2: Hunter Brown's ratios are gonna come down. He's got the keys, he can miss bats. Also, he's a local boy Michigan, which is cool. And Carlos Rodon is a It's a risk because he could get hurt tomorrow, but he could also strike out two hundred and fifty hitters this year. So I feel really good about getting these guys in the one sixties. I'm cool with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it certainly works, makes a lot of sense. There. There is one guy I think I'm going to go out and I'm going to reach for and I think his projections are just way too low around Who is.
Speaker 3: Who it is?
Speaker 1: What do you think it is?
Speaker 3: Edward Julian It's not yet, but I love Portland.
Speaker 1: Pickles is off, but I don't know why I can't make my pick here. Oh no, there we go, now, I'm up now there it is. Sorry, it was a little glitch there in the matrix there. Jackson Holiday went, and then I took Holiday was there? I probably would have made that selection there. Uh so did I take?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: They took it out from under the three hold.
Speaker 3: On, Well, I just take.
Speaker 1: I tried to take, but unfortunately I think I was just a little too early there.
Speaker 3: Well, no, he went down.
Speaker 1: Again, right, but it was a little bit of a pause. There a little glitch here on my internet for a second. So now I've got a regroup. This is this is really you guys are getting too good at this.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, we need when you get sniped, we need the Randy Orton. You know where you're like, Oh, and then Randy Orton comes in.
Speaker 1: Nowhere you just got I pretty much did. I pretty much did here, And now I've got to regroup yet again here looking at my options. Obviously I've got Paridis, I've got Julian. I think I can wait a little longer. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see. Uh. He keeps wanting me to take Max Munsey. It's gonna crush my average. I don't know if that's the route I want to go. I probably need more starting pictures here, so I think that's probably where I'm gonna end up going. Walker Buller is interesting, but again, the just don't like taking guys that are already had hurt to start the year. I'm gonna said, take a guy with the Arizona Diamondbacks with Eduardo Rodriguez, so it could tell me it's a slight reach. I still love the picture. I love what he was doing last year. He's got strikeout potential, good team. He was brilliant in the first half last year. I know injuries kind of derailed the second a little bit, but all in all, Imanaga that was the guy I wanted. Jackson Holliday. The other guy I wanted once again, Snipey Snipey, Alex Lang Holiday Imanaga, then Eduardo Rodriguez, a lawyer Menez. There you go, gob a fifteen o seven pick of the glass. DJ Local selects Stephen Kwan Mannick is up, then mister buster thn Nate Miller Welsh. What are you hoping to do here with the way your roster is shaping up?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm looking at some power. I'm looking at still starting pitchers. I feel like I got stolen bases, but I'll tell you the system does not agree. I'm kind of near the bottom, but I think one more guy is going to cure that, but I kind of want to continue my big power run. And Max Munsey was one of them, and so is Edward Julian. God, you guys are the worst. You guys worst people.
Speaker 1: Oh your boy brainon fots still floating around there too.
Speaker 3: He is still floating around. I am going to take a middle infielder though I'm gonna get big power. This is gonna hurt my batting average a little bit, but I'm gonna go Willia Damas or Joe Williadams, and I don't know what I'm gonna do with the other one because all these players are stinky and I hate every single one of them. But yeah, you can't develop fillerbuster.
Speaker 1: Ken, to my Aida is always another you know selection for you, well, you can always go that round, you darvish Ken tom Ata that it sounds like a Welsh pitching staff to be but you know, you do have one, two, three four starting pitchers here, you have two closers, so you have some time here. You've got a the ability to uh work out of this. So at the end of the day it was Brandon Fott, which again that's a no brainer. Welsh pick I feel like here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was gonna be Mounsey and Adamis and I was going to really tank some batting average here and try to make up for it. Monthsly went ahead, Edward Julian, I still need a second basement. I have not locked in a second basement, so I'm going really really late here.
Speaker 2: This is the.
Speaker 3: Position that I've punted. Brandon Fott's probably not gonna do me a ton of favors on projections, but SP five all day long.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, SP five all day long, baby, all day long. Interesting some name still on the board too, And this is one of those things when you're in the deeper leagues, when you go from the the ten person league to the twelve person league to even fifteen, things get really dicey. You have to make sure that you have a plan for these later rounds. Absolutely, so after you did your selections there, Welsh, you took five than Paveta. One of your other guys goes off the board. Fridol Hayes, Brian Bayo, sixteen oh six is up. I'm on the clock right now and looking at the rest of this board here, trying to figure out which way I want to go, and goodness, draft wizards here to help me figure these things out, because I certainly need some guidance right now there is no more closer on the board. Maybe I will go that route too and just kind of be a jerk. I think that's sounds like, just be a jerk, sounds like something I would do. But Ivaldi off the board as well. Walker Bueller Welsh, are you taking Walker Buller anywhere? Is that a pick that you are looking to make in it? Because he is another guy that's floated now here in the sixteenth round.
Speaker 3: I think we're in the territory where you can do it. The biggest worry is he's not going to start with the team, But I'd also say we're not dealing with like massive setbacks or anything like that. Here are the negatives. He's not starting, They've got a six man rotation, and no guy's going to get over one hundred and fifty innings. It doesn't actually mean, though that Walker Buler still can't get there if he doesn't start the year off. So not that I'm advocating for drafting him really high. We're in the Walker Bueller territory right now.
Speaker 1: Though. If you want to take Thing Welsh, that Garrett Cole went on in the ninth round, and Koda Sega is still here in the sixteenth.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not taking guy I made not really apparent, like, there's no chance I'm taking Garrett Cole in the top. I don't care if it's like, oh, he does cut, he's not. He's gonna be gone for like two months, and it might be longer, and if the team really wants to play it close to the chest, they might be like, let's do this post All Star break. So taking him in the top one fifty just makes no sense to me right now, Toto Imanaga, I'm taking hands down over Garrett Cole right now, and Cole it's further down, you know.
Speaker 1: When we're talking about that too, if you want to take a shot on a picture that maybe you're getting a value on because of an injury. Looking at this board right now again, Senga theoretically is supposed to at some point start to work his way back. Govie. That seems like a lot better path here around sixteen seventeen than Garrett Cole in the ninth round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a no brainer to me. I don't even know why this is happening, right now it's very bizarre. In fact, uh, I think the code I Sanga has a much better chance of giving you at least one hundred innings this year than Cole does.
Speaker 1: I agree? All, I agree. I think there's a much better chance that even if it takes senga longer, that Sega gives you more innings. I know you're on the clock with ten seconds here to go, recap. There you go, you did it all right. So let's go through these picks here. So after Ivaldi, I took Christian Javier at sixteen oh seven, I mean, pretty deep in the starting pitcher, realm. I'll take that shot on the guy, you know, the flamethrowing guy here, Trevor Story at sixteen oh eight, Gabriel Moreno at sixteen oh nine, win of Welsh's favorite to consa nine, and then Mookie Bett selected Bryce Miller Morell to Hugovier and Aaron Savali another really nice pick there. I love that one. Cal Rawley at sixteen twelve, and then Peretis at seventeen oh one. Let's talk about Savali because that's a dude. Again. It feels like, you know they I say it all the time. The Rays get their claws in somebody next thing. You know, you get the best version of them. Do you think that you're gonna get the best version of Savali this year?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean that's why I made the pick here. This is a mock draft, but I'm locked in. I'm assuming there's a million pot at steak here, so I'm not screwing around. To me, Savale's ratios really gonna help out with the rest of my pitching staff. You know, I got guys like Carlos, Rodon, Logan Gilbert, so I'd love what Savale brings. But also in the latter part of the year after he was traded to the Race, Savale was making some bitners miss some pitches, and I think that the Race are going to tap into that more in twenty twenty four. I think Savale's a very underrated asset this year.
Speaker 1: All right, I am up on the clock. The guy that I wanted is still there, So Michael Garcia off of my team off. I think I should say the queue and onto my roster there, so he'll be my third baseman, slash shortstop whatever you'll call Gunner Henderson, my third basement. If it makes everybody happy out there. I think I got a life balance here of stolen bases of power. I've got some guys to help me with the batting average offset, maybe guys like Volpi. But I like the way this roster's coming together offensively. I like the depth of the pitching staff Glass now Steel, Sale, Verlander, Javier and Eduardo Rodriguez. So I feel pretty decent.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you you are projected the second most stolen bases. Actually, you just moved a third live, which you can check when you're on the draft board. On draft wazers, you can go through your stolen bases. You are in the top half. So good on you.
Speaker 1: I feel good about that, right, I feel you know, I feel pretty good. Let's see how draft ways are great. So I am doing a full Welsh here because I definitely am starting to pull out of the tailspin in these last couple of picks. But man, that middle was rough Welsh. I was starting to like it.
Speaker 3: That's what happens. That's the Welsh. The Welsh draft cycle is you never go full Welsh. Why does everybody let me do this? And then it's oh, I'm the worst person. I should give it all up and then come back and everything's okay.
Speaker 1: That's the modest man live. Candelario goes at seventeen oh three, Gavin Williams at seventeen oh four, then Francisco Alvarez me in the middle, seventeen oh six, Michael Garcia, and then we have Tristan McKenzie, Pepio Starling, Marte, Walker Buehler, Jorge Polanco, La Clerk that's the guy Welsh that was the last closer.
Speaker 3: I know when you said closers, I agree you knew.
Speaker 1: And then Matt Chapman next for you. So Chapman and Leclerk, let's talk about this in the selections you made, how do you feel about these two picks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I don't love what's left at corner Enfield. I got to feel one of those spots. I one thousand percent wanted Jamer Candelario and he went, so I had to pivot. I Like I said, I don't like the first Nate Lowe's out there. Third base was drying up, and Matt Chapman's one of those players, and I'm going to just hope for the bounce back. You know, Eno had talked about him just getting that average a little bit back up the hard hit numbers are there. It's a little bit of a more difficult hitting environment, I suppose, but he's going to be putting a really good opportunity for runs in RBIs, so I think that's pretty solid right around two hundred, and then I went for a third closer in there to get just a few more saves. It was really projecting me low, by the way, with Fairbanks and with Tanner Scott. So this is a tiny bit more protection for some saves. So I am investing a little bit higher in there. These are not sexy picks. These are the most unsexy picks of Matt Chapman. And uh, it was like a clerk. But this is what you got to do sometimes at the end of your draft, all right.
Speaker 1: So at the end of the draft here actually again I'm feeling pretty good about the board. Now now all of a sudden, things have definitely right the ship Byron Buckson, by the way, who already got hurt today, By the way, in case you were keeping at home, eighteen oh two code I sing got eighteen oh three Hoveer buys at eighteen oh four Brandon Drury. So this is how you know, this is our people dj Local taking Brandon Drury here eighteen oh five than Nathaniel Lowe. I took Dalton varshow at eighteen oh seven. Need another outfielder there, So I got my fourth outfielder on this team. I still need the util spot. Jung Hu Lee went, that's the guy that I was hoping to make it back to me. So I get beef up that average. Well done, Constantine Contentin's got me a couple of times. So well done, JM, well done, Movie Betts, Legacy, Braxton, Garrett, go Vier. You're up here with seventeen seconds Welsh Jung Huli. Looking at the projection so far for him, projected to score sixty nine runs, hit ten homers, steal seven bags, hit two eighty four. I think he can go closer to ninety runs score in this Giants lineup. I think he can probably match that ten home runs, and I think the batting average is going to be over three hundred. What do you think here about these projections for Lee based off of what your expectations might be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I view him as like a Luisa Rise of the outfield. I think this is a batting average and a runs play. I'm not counting on homers. I'm not counting on solar bases. I think RBIs will be non existent. So if you're down for a three category player or a two category player, then do it. I think he's a better Points League player, and I'm really only taking him if I have screwed up batting average, which a lot of people do. It's one of the most common things to screw up early in drafts. That's when I'm going to put my focus on him. He's not going to be a major draft target in non points league formats for me.
Speaker 1: All right, go Via, you made two picks here, so let's talk about your two. After Lee, Brax and Garrett, then you took in to my Aida. Then Mason Miller went at eighteen twelve, Guriel at nineteen oh one, and then Hunter Harvey in Washington the reliever at nineteen oh two. So my Aida and Harvey, let's talk about those two picks.
Speaker 2: Michael, Oh, well, I gotta give it up. I blew it, and I'm just gonna come clean right now because I should have taken Mason Miller instead of my Ata, and I probably could have got my Ada in three picks after that. But durs took Miller right after I took my ADA, and if I could do it over again, I would like to reverse that because there was a couple other starters I liked similar to my Aida, even though I love Maida this year, I'm big, very, very excited about my ADA in Detroit this season, and Mason Miller was kind of like the last closer I really like. Now Harvey's a guy who I prefer in Washington, but Finnegan's still around for now, but financially Finnigan will show his true colors, and I like Harvey's stuff to outlast him for saves.
Speaker 1: All right, So I took Varshow with my last pick, and because the pick predictor said that this next guy is going to make it back to me, so I want to see if he does, because if he does, I'm very happy. And he did. Logan o'hapy is gonna be my catcher here, so I'm gonna go ahead and take some more power. I gotta steel again, so making up time here, and these are very useful tools. Again draft Whizzard pick predictor it said I'll Hoppy had a good chance of making it back to me. Varshow did not, so I took varshow I got the outfielder locked in after Harvey went Jeremy pay Christopher Sanchez, Cutter Crawford, another guy that we've talked about quite a bit on the show, Garrett Whitlock by the play, not just Crawford, but Whitlock having a really good spring Govier. Could this finally be the year where Whitlock becomes a useful fantasy guy because I feel like we get teased every year with that guy. Is this the breakout? Possibly?
Speaker 2: Ooh, we're trying to put the past in the past. And that one season a couple years ago where Boston screwed around with Tanner, Houck and Whitlock in the rotation reliever. In the rotation reliever, it was it stunned their growth a bit. But I actually prefer how of all three right now, I'll go Hawk Whitlock and then Cutter Crawford looking at that Boston rotation. But I do admit that I'm a little skeptical about Whitlock because of the injuries. That's the only concern. But I actually think if he's healthy that we could be looking at a value play here.
Speaker 1: Joe, all right, So value there potentially on the board, but we'll see how that works out. He's still floating around there. We'll see if anybody drafts him. I took a hoppy after a hoppy, Carl's Correa goes at nineteen oh seven. Carlos Estevez back to back Carlos or Carlos I. I don't know what the plural of Carlos is. Lars neutmar murder, a murder of murder of Carlos's. Okay, there you go, Jonathan India at nineteen ten, Griffin Canning at nineteen eleven, and Welsh finally, after three hours, gets to make two more picks.
Speaker 3: So long, it's just the longest I've ever waited for a pick. I just took Justin Turner, who's gonna qualify in some formats, at second, and I get to throw him at second for the batting average push back up, and here's the deal. I just don't like any players that are left. But that is a critical error taking o'hopy. I wish I had taken o'hoppy earlier. I kind of screwed up there. I'm gonna go with Jonahim. I'm gonna lock in my catcher now a little bit higher batting average. I do like Mitch Garver quite a bit, but Jonaheim is a solid pick. But you know, I'm taking him at the end, and the system is telling me I'm getting a steal on this. I filled out my my roster outside of one pitching spot, so it's gonna time to take a turn to the bench and get some riskier And this is also where the system is going to probably hate or love if we take too many risks on the bench. But just telling everybody again, though we may may take some boring or type plays, get in and get some risk stuff in here.
Speaker 1: These are guys you can burst time for risk. I love by the way you taking Justin Turner there, I mean another guy, Yeah, give me two eighty twenty eighty eighty. I mean that's if he plays one hundred and forty games or thirty five, that's probably what you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't help my stolen bases. It is going to be a clear issue for me, especially when playing rod O. You don't want to punt. I do have a couple serious I'm just gonna let everybody know now I'm watching it live. I've got three to four categories that are serious problems for me. But I'm also on those others really high, So we're gonna have to see where the balance comes out, and I need to try to fix that. Wherever I can stolen base, then.
Speaker 1: You should finish sixth. By that account, like anything less six is a disappointment.
Speaker 3: You know, because I'm very, very high in like five or six other categories.
Speaker 1: So just all right. I got another steal, by the way, according to Draft Wizard, so that's three of my last five picks. I got the steel.
Speaker 2: Button he's on far Go Vier.
Speaker 1: Isn't it nice to have emoji's kind of like support you emotionally. I feel like that's a good thing sometimes, right, We all need that.
Speaker 2: It's never a negative. We need them in our lives. Without emoji's, country would be lost.
Speaker 1: If Welsh was running Draft Wizard, the poop emoji would be there and tell you this is a terrible pick.
Speaker 3: I would do emojis for every single pick.
Speaker 1: So after time, Kyle Harrison reed Detmer's Khybert Ruiz, Marcus Stroman Nester Cortez then to me at twenty oh seven, I took Jade Martinez because he's gonna be on a team in the next I don't know, twenty four to forty eight hours. Probably, well, I feel like so that's my DH so my utility guy. I feel pretty good. Mitch Garver was still on the board. That's another guy certainly worthy of taking, Mackenzie Gore, Brandon Lau, Ryan Maulcastle, Govier. You took Taylor Ward, who was the guy that if Martinez wasn't there, I was going to take. So that's a pretty good pick up in the twentieth round. A guy last year again, ninety seven games. But you know, you extrapolate those numbers, you're looking at a twenty home run guy, seventy five seventy five.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm curious what you guys think because he got hit last year in the face. It was awful. Okay, So Taylor Ward has to get over that mental hurdle. But if he gets over that mental hurdle, he's going to be the guy he was before. And I'm curious if you guys are buying into what I'm buying in. And that's the Ron Washington effect. I just feel like Ron Washington's gonna take this Angels team up a little bit more than where they've been recently.
Speaker 3: Run that effect. I think they're gonna run, and that's what they said they're gonna do. I know nobody.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: We've talked with Scott Pianowski, which you can check out the entire interview on the YouTube channel. He's a great won during Fantasy Fest, said he didn't believe that Trout was gonna start running, even though that's gonna be like a Washington push. Maybe that's not gonna be the case. But that's why I'm so high on Zach Netto and I've talked. I've been putting him as a breakout player. I think he is going to be tremendous. I think Ring Gifo is another one of those players. I do think we're going to have a handful of players that are going to steal more bases under Washington.
Speaker 2: For sure, You've loved Netto since the day he was born.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Meato guy always has been, always will be all right after you took war to Lodola went and Bowt Nailer. Then Parker Meadow's another Welsh favor here. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, that's twenty twenty potential shares the name of my son. My son actually got to meet him in the AFL and they he was so excited to say my name is Parker and he was like, my name is too, and they shared that friendship. But Parker Meadows is a guy that can leave out.
Speaker 1: We just became best friends.
Speaker 3: We did yeah, yeah, and they didn't do karate or anything like that. It's okay, But Parker Meadows led off a ton in the AFL. There's always the possibility that could put him in that. I don't think they will, but they could put him in those situations. But there's twenty power, there's twenty stolen bases at the back end of an order. He might be running a little bit more too, which could get those up. So maybe you can get a fifteen to twenty five if he plays the whole season. He's a cool five tool player that might not suffer anywhere. He's a great fourth, fifth, outfield or even a bench guy if you can.
Speaker 1: Take him all right, So after Meadows, Kerry Carpenter, Andrew Abbott RANGIFO, so Devin Williams because I can't as a twenty first round. He's been shut down. He's supposed to be back in three months, so maybe I get him back in June and that's some more saves for me, because I think he's gonna go back right back into that role. I would be shocked if he didn't. Suarez at twenty one oh seven, Kyle bradsh at twenty one oh eight. So it's the round obviously where we take hurt pictures, folks, twenty first round market at home. So you're ready for hurt pictures in the twenty first round. Mannick is up, then mister Buster Nate Miller Welsh. You've got two picks coming up sometime this century. What do you want to do with these two?
Speaker 3: I've actually wanted to take Bradish. That was where I was gonna go with it, but I.
Speaker 1: Can't help what So again, here's another thing. So Senga goes and then Bradish goes. Even later, who is the best ROI of the hurt pictures because like sures are still on the board too, Like where how do you justify and when you justify taking some of these hurt guys, because that's something that's been very popular on the questions of the chat here today.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's when you can put them on the bench, or you can put them at the back, at the very very back end of the rotation. It also depends on probably the risk that you've taken on as this draft has gone on, Like if you've got a bunch of hurt starting pick, you might want to think twice before you end up doing that. So I think in the spot that I'm in, or that we're in at this you know, two point fifty where we're drafting bench guys, if he starts or if he misses just a little bit of time and Bradish comes back healthy, it's top fifteen, top twenty sp So that's why it's worth the risk, especially in a rodo formats even a little bit more. But it didn't happen. I didn't get them. But I actually think Senga and Bradish should be a lot closer. So I'm a little bit surprised that they were that far off.
Speaker 2: Aren't Cole and Bradish closer? Or am I missing something there?
Speaker 1: I mean help well, no, not really not on the ranks in the ECR, Cole is still higher significantly than that.
Speaker 2: I guess, I mean by the elbow. In the end, it seems like they had similar injuries.
Speaker 1: So it seems like neither of them to me are good investments this year. Like I keep coming back to Senga being the guy who's like, all right, well it's a shoulder thing. It's not that it's not serious. And of course I always think negatively when it's the Mets, because I've been trained that way. But Govier, it feels like there's a path where Senga is like, yeah, he's gonna be okay. It seems like we were doing the right due diligence here on it, whereas the possibility of the entire season being a wash for Brash and Cole just seems like a bigger potential hurdle from me. Where do use dat goober? On drafting some of these injured guys too? I mean guys like Devin Williams another guy too, Like when is it a value or when is it just not worth your draft capital?
Speaker 2: It's only worth it if it's a very final four or five roster spots at the very end of a draft. If it's a thirty team or excuse me, thirty roster places and you got twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight, twenty nine, Yeah, take a shot there. But otherwise I'll staying away for pitchers who are borderline about to be on the shelf for a lot longer than we can expect. And to me, Cole and Bradish are much more riskier than Senga, who's I know, shoulders just gonna be just as a big a deal. But it seems like he has more of a chance to get back in the mix here than those do. And I also think Verlander is a guy who's actually think he's just taking his time, I really do. I know he's got an issue, but I also think they want to gear him up for the playoff run because it's used to they're the every year.
Speaker 1: I think that's where he is due too. I think it's the same thing too. Like you, you shouldn't rush him because you need him in October more they need him in April. You know, you're just still win games. You're still going to be up at the front. Plus rotations still fall, guys like Hunter Brown and Xavier Christian Xavier who you're worrying about. Okay, what are they going to give us this year? And you know, if they're not giving us what we need come the stretch run in August in September, you have to lean on Verlander even more potentially, so speaking of her pitchers, I just took one as well, so I'm staying with the theme of the show, saying Max Scherzer, so well, she took Kellen Nick and Todz Bradley. I want to go back to your picks here. So are you concerned yet about Kellen ic Spray because I think you should be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm Briza hated the pick in there. I get you guys hating it. I don't like that he's literally the era's worst spring training player of all time. But it is spring training and it is just the world's worst player of all time, and he might be bringing in Dval really took off me ever doing any type of hype on it. But we're on the bench. I'm going to take him in case it does transfer back out of spring training into the season starting well, because he's a legit twenty twenty option. Like I said, it's a better ballpark factor for left handed hitters. It doesn't work, I'm gonna move off from him. This is a guy was taking inside the top two hundred earlier. It was wrong. Now I got him around two sixty. That's a much easier thing to stommach.
Speaker 1: After you took Todz Bradley another guy also injured. Again, these are the theme of the late rounds. Ryan McMahon, Jackson Winskys, Shane Basse also injured. Lance Lynn. Had he made it to me, I would have taken Lynn because give me, you know the six months, give me a shot here that Lance Lynn has something left in the tank. There again the strikeouts were there is just the results. We're all over the place. Giancarlo Stanton at twenty two oh six, the poster boy for injuries, Max Scherzer, Brian Abreu. Then we have aj Puck, Mitch Garver goes at twenty two ten. A great value there a guy hitting clean up again, Brendan Donovan goes to Govier and then Durris. It's Rhyse Olsen, Louis Varlin, Matt Wallner another outfielder for you. So Donovan and Walner, let's talk about these two picture you made here.
Speaker 2: Donovan one more time position, little flexibility, and I ad bet he's a little bit more useful in obp leagues. But even then Roto Average leaves that we're doing here. I like Donovan because he's got I mean, he'll.
Speaker 1: Be at the top of that lineup.
Speaker 2: He will be, So that's a good place to be. I don't know how long it'll last or if it sticks, but I do know that I like his ability to provide flexibility for me. And then taking Walner, that's just a power bat that I like. I think he's got a lot of potential this year if he can get the advance and stay consistent. I don't think it was a fluke last year. Every time he's come up to the majors, he's shown a little something. And I'm expecting Matt Walder to take another step forward in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: All right, So Walner off the board, Chris Bryant, zachnetto there he goes Ryan Presley, Junior kaman Aro to Joey p.
Speaker 3: God, that makes me so mad. I missed Cavi and Narow and I got excited and you did it.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's right, I did it, Dio Welsh. By the way, this particular roster here, my weakness is kind of third base because Garcia is more of like a you know, middle infield kind of guy. Cam and Arow. Hopefully I'll have him sometime in May on this roster. Theoretically, as I'm drafting, we do every draft here as though we're gonna play this season out. We don't muck around these parts of fancy crosmob. Okay, we're really thinking because we want you to see and learn from these drafts as much as you possibly can as we're doing them. Why we're doing the picks, what the mindset is, and how to take that. I can't believe it is the last one too, So Netto off the board, Cam and Arrow off the board, Cold Keith off the board. A lot of rookies flying off here, Emmitt Shehann and John Gray off the board. JP Crawford at twenty three ten Welsh, what's the backup plan here? I think I know what it is, but I want to hear it from your house.
Speaker 3: Don't think you know what it is?
Speaker 1: I think I do.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with one position player and I'm gonna go with a picture. Who do you think it is? Am I forgetting someone that I should be.
Speaker 1: I will be honest with you. I will tell you if I who I think.
Speaker 3: Is well, I know the hitter I'm thinking of is not. So I'm actually gonna just do it here. We're gonna go with Johann Rojas for stolen bases because he's one of the higher projected play even in three hundred plus of plate appearances, it's like twenty plus stolen bases. He could steal forty if given the opportunity. He's like a poor man's estuary Ruiz. And then as far as pitching goes, I'm gonna go for I'm going to go for my guy Michael Waka, as I've taken him in every single draft and I love taking him on the bench or as a back end starting pitcher. Who did you think I was going to go with them?
Speaker 1: Well, you'll see because I'm going to take him with my next pick if he.
Speaker 3: Makes me so is going to be a rookie?
Speaker 1: Is who you're thinking it is? It is? We'll see if you can guess which one it might be. But who knows. He might not make it to me with the way this crew.
Speaker 3: I hope he doesn't.
Speaker 1: I hope he does, and I think I think he might. So we shall see here as time goes on. I believed. So let's recap the picks here going forward, Jordan Hicks after Waka, then Will Smith relief pitcher. Three picks left to me, and then we're gonna break it all down, So make sure you stick with us, because when this is over, we're gonna see the draft grades. Who hated the teams, who loved the teams, and where we all finished. Go va, if you have a prediction here, where do you think you're finished in this draft? In terms of the analysis. Are you at the top of the third, the middle, or the back end here?
Speaker 2: Legendary fantasy pros grade. I'm excited to see what happens, but I'm gonna say this. I think I'm probably in fourth or fifth. That's crushed Steel's Actually I thought I power nice balance there as well. With the power betting average, I think I'm pretty sound. Maybe pitching will be the weakest spot. Actually, I think I'll actually get crushed in starting pitching.
Speaker 1: Okay, so starting pitching is the weakness there. I think I'll watch you pretty good about my starting pitching. Again, everybody knows me. I'm gonna wait a little bit longer for saves. That's just how I roll. It's one thing you can always find. The waiver wire every single year closed, absolutely change. It's I'm never gonna waste draft capital if I can avoid it.
Speaker 3: All right, every bit of your fab on going for one closer who gets absolutely.
Speaker 1: That's by Daniel Bard.
Speaker 2: A couple of years ago. Daniel Bard had like thirty saves. He was a big success.
Speaker 1: There you go, so Hicks, Will Smith, Josh Bell, Uhaneo Suarrez, d l Hall. Nice election there too. All Skeens for me at twenty four oh seven. I don't think it's gonna be long, Welsh. I think we're looking at a very very similar path that we saw Steven Strasburg take a few years ago, where he is selling him by June. Yeah, I mean, what how do you have to lose? You're the pirates. Get this kid up there. It's electric, it's fun. Paul skeins in June. That's what you do. You're not gonna compete anyway. You'll shut him down at the end of August and everything will be fine. But you got to show the fan base that you are gonna play some of the guys here. Seth Lugo goes next. Welsh, what do you think of Skeens and would you be drafting and stashing him or are you just trying to blow all your fab on him whenever he gets called up, because you know that's the guy people are gonna blow fab.
Speaker 3: On Yeah, I am, well. I mean I've said this a bunch like that's what I want to do. Like in these last couple of picks, projections, whatever be damned. I want to take players with the high upside, and if I then can't stomach it, you can like cuddable players with the biggest upsides. Who are those players, Junior Camenio, Paul Skins, any of these rookies that are still floating out there. That's absolutely what you do, because I don't want to spend my fab on them. I would rather be invested in being sneaky and trying to be a week early. But who are the guys that are gonna have the most fab the guy that takes over a closer position or the young hot rookie that's coming up. Paul Skins will go for eighty percent, probably a ton of people's fab if he is sitting out on the wire and you don't get him early enough.
Speaker 1: Agreed, you're gonna hate my next pick. Welsh. By the way, if you think you didn't like that one, wait you see the next one. You're gonna really hate that one. I can't wait to do it because I think I think you're gonna be equally proud of me and angry at the same time, which sounds about right for our relationship. All right, so let's continue on here recapping the picks. We're almost done. We're in the last round here. We appreciate everybody hanging out with us. Of course, our producer John who's running the show today. Everybody joining us live. Make sure if you haven't already defans forro his MLB channel, ring those bell for notifications. We're giving away tons of free stuff. That trophy smack belt we're given away there. We're giving away one year free premium upgrades to Brent Rooker goes after Lugo than Kepler, then Ezekiel Duran to Govier, Dela cruz ty France. Let's talk about your last two picks there, Rafaela and Duran go Vier, how do you feel about these elections?
Speaker 2: Well, Welsh was just kind of saying it some high upside guys and Sadani. Raphaela is a lot of fun. He's got shortstop eligibility and outfield. So we take a shout here that he can actually stick in the lineup be a part of this Boston team now and Ezekiel Durant is just such a useful player to have in multiple formats because he's played so many positions. He doesn't walk a lot, but he makes a lot of contact, and he always seems to surprise you every time you want to count him out. You want to go with Corey Seager, you want to go with all the best talent that Texas has. We know how much talent Texas has when it comes to hitting, But Durant's always gonna be around and he's going to be in that lineup more often than not. So that's why I took my boy, Ezekiel.
Speaker 1: Jordan Westburg, Tyler Well South Frelick. And then it's speaking about guys who played different positions. He qualifies a short stoff, but it's gonna be the starting center field or opening day for the Padres. Jackson Merrill, let's go Welsh. How do you feel about that selection?
Speaker 3: I love that pick. I mean that would have been I mean, arguably, taking Jackson Merrill over Kelnick would have probably been a smarter movie because he's gonna have, you know, infield eligibility and outfield eligibility. It's gonna hurt your draft grade, but I think Jackson Merril is like the prime player you take on the back end of your draft. Here's the only negative is if you do wait for your draft to be closer to the season. If Jackson Merril shows out at all uh in this Korea series, watch out like Jackson Merril. You get a home or you get some stolen bases, a couple of hits, then his draft stock is gonna rise. But I think it's a fantastic pick.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be the first guy off waivers in Week one, Like I'm already gonna be doing that video. Jackson Merrel is gonna be the first guy we talked about Freeley James Wood, another guy will talk about to Anthony Rizzo, Luis Everarino, Tim Anderson Welsh last pick of the draft? What do you have for the people?
Speaker 3: It looks like I got sniped. Everything kind of froze out for me.
Speaker 1: So oh here from the Draft Wizard for me? So see Draft Wizard? Is that a C for you?
Speaker 2: Is that seventy six? I passed?
Speaker 1: But hey, Chris Welsh, I think you're gonna be pleasantly surprised because you finished better than me. You were number three. I was number four. Welsh way to end the draft season on a high note. My friend, how do you feel?
Speaker 3: That's how we do it? We feel good. We did not I did not win, but I did beat both of your mugs. And that's really the only thing that matters at the draft is being the smartest person in the room. But I will tell you there is is the most correct thing we had in this entire draft was Joe, you and I saying that Durs was going to dominate, because he did with the number one grade. Only three of us got A grades. It was Mookie Bett's Legacy team myself and endures with the number one projected. I'm excited to look at these insights.
Speaker 2: Though I was sandwich between both the top two. By the way, Durs and Mookie betts Legacy.
Speaker 1: Just say yeah. I can also tell you that Joe Piezapia liked my draft more than any other experts ken me. Again. Of course, Scott White didn't like it, Ariel Cohen didn't like it, but Eryl never likes my draft, so that's fine. Well, she liked your draft more than anybody else.
Speaker 3: Well, my dear friend Jesse Severe from Dynasty's Sports Life like this the most ario Cohen liked it the second most. He loved my judge pick their go Vier. Uh, he loved Goffman, and he loved Kirby, Brandon Myers, Travis Argo. And this is maybe the toughest thing to get to be liked. Mike Mayer liked my draft, which doesn't like anything that's Andy Barns hated me, Fred Zinki hated me. Want me in the garbage? Dalton Dell don all of Yahoo, I'm not having it. Just Scott White and keV also were in the hate group.
Speaker 1: Govier, any expert opinions there? Do you want to agree or disagree with?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 1: Am I business up to here?
Speaker 2: Am I supposed to see that? Somewhere?
Speaker 3: Are?
Speaker 1: You click on the projected standings button and then you get the projected standings and it gives you the experts that liked your draft, who liked it the most, I've got opinions?
Speaker 2: Oh, I see it, I see it.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, are you ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Gott YEA, let's hear it. If you got it, let's go.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm I'm locked out. You got him? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: So keV from Rodoballer loved your draft the most. Frank Amerant, Mike Mayer, Dalton Delle Don and Oh, I've never had this one. Kelly Kirby loved your draft, going wow. Scott Youngsen hated Jesse severe, hated Andy Barns. Nate Miller, who was in the draft also hated you and Peter Jesse.
Speaker 2: He would never say that too bad.
Speaker 1: All right, go Vier, Let's go through your team. You're our guest here on the program. Rutchman, Torklsen, Kim, Bobby Witt, Dela Cruz, Josh Naylor, Morel, harrisjre So, Olaier, Taylor, Ward, Parker, Meadows, Then Bohm, Gilbert Daval, Ryan, Clay Holmes, ro Don Hunter, Brown, Savali, Maida, Hunter, Harvey, Donovan, Walner, Durant, and Raphaela like to me, it feels like he got dinged on the pitchings. Is definitely some moments there where you don't have that one true big guy at the top of this rotation, No Castillo or Nola or Corbyn Burns. I think that's probably the only thing. The rest of the offense I think is a great team.
Speaker 2: I think my offense looks very tasty. Steels are locked in with Kim and Ellie alone, but I got other guys that can fill the void too. With morell he can steal some bags. So steels are good. Power is good. Like I said, I've got Torkelsen who's gonna repeat what he did and maybe top it this year. So the offense, I'm very satisfied with my pitching. I think it's okay. I really do. I think that we're gonna see good things for Rodn. People don't trust Carlos Roddan, so I understand why he wouldn't be highly valued by the general masses here. But overall, maybe I could have took a starting pitcher sooner, and maybe I shouldn't have taken Dovall like I did early on. But I like this team. I would roll out this team.
Speaker 1: I would all right, Welsh, Jonah him Gold, Schmidt, Turner, Oneo Cruz, Aeronado Chapman, a Dom's judge. And you've got Carter Riley, Green, McCormick, Otani, Kevin Gossman, Kirby, Dylan Cees, Fairbanks, Tanner, Scott You, Darbis, Brandon Fought, laclerk Bradley, Jared Kellna, Gavin Lux, Michael Walkett, and Josh Rojas. This is a good team, but I don't think it's better than mine. I disagree. I think I should have been ahead of you this with this time I'm here.
Speaker 3: You're wrong, and that's fine. You can be wrong. You can't be right about everything. I will just tell you that it's hard to sometimes put together a perfect team. But I did it here, and you guys should all feel lucky that you're in the presence of this greatness. I was projected top four in seven categories, runs, Homer's and RBI and then saves, k Era and whip. That's how you do it, boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was behind in strikeouts. That's kind of what hurt me. But again, I think this is more of a team to finishes strong when everybody's on the right path. Logan O'happy, Nolan Jones, Ozzy Alby's, Gunner Henderson, Michael Garcia, Hoskins, Volpi, Tuckers, Zuoki, Springer, Jad Martinez, varshow Then Glass, Now class Steel, Munos, Chris Sale, verland Er, Javier Dwardo, Rodriguez, Devin Williams, Camanaro, Surezer, Merrill, Schemes, Welsh. What do you think of this roster?
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's not as good as mine, But it is a very good roster joke. It's a great roster that the.
Speaker 1: Roster that picks up steam in July fourth, just short else.
Speaker 3: But it's good, it's good, it's it's almost good enough to be mine.
Speaker 1: But July fourth and on, I think this roster would go. We want to hear from you, though, Who do you think won the draft? Between the three of us here, Michael, myself, Welshos team do you like the most? Drop those comments below. Subscribe to the channel leading off live. We're gonna wig out on opening day Thursday the twenty eighth. Make sure you're joining us twelve thirty pm Eastern. If you haven't already subscribed to the channel, ring the bell for notifications till it goes day. I want to thank everybody for joining us. They don't forget. Go run your draft simulations right now. Use draft Sink. Go sink your leagues for free to Fantasy pros tools. Our playing round with the tools. Realize why they're so helpful, not just in the draft, but also to manage your season long escapades as well. You can set all of your lineups with my playbook. Download the app. Go to Fancaypros dot com slash my playbook. That's all you got to use. Man, you got five different leagues, set all your lineups in one spot on the app that alone, get all the news directly for your team. See how many shares of different players you have. It's amazing. The tools are gonna blow your mind. They're there to help you draft the best team, manage that team all the way through, make trades, make waiver wire additions. Everything's there for you. Fantasy pros, go check it out. Draft Kid is free to at fancaypros dot com. I want to thank our guests, whom Michael Govier for hanging out with us today, our producer John and I guess i'll thank the Welsh, but shout out to Durs for kicking butt in the draft today. You did it, Kid, you did it. Very nice work there. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for Michael and the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time kids. Happy drafting, dig It