Speaker 1: I'm Teddy Mellencamp and this is Emily Simpson.
Speaker 2: And you're listening to Popping Off. Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Popping Off with myself and Emily Simpson. I'm here to tell you guys.
Speaker 1: Wait, I didn't even get to say my own name.
Speaker 2: No, because I'm too excited.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'll let you go for it, go for it, listen.
Speaker 3: Because we were so excited to move on to the Secret Wives of Mormon Wives, I can barely even let you say your own name.
Speaker 1: All right, It's okay, I don't need a name, It's fine.
Speaker 2: Okay. So before we even get started on recapping the Secret Lives of Mormon Wives cast list, Emily, could you give us a little information on the Church of Jesus Christ dot org article.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: First of all, let me just remind everyone because I feel like I need to remind you that Shane is an active member of the LDS Church, but I am not, So I just want to put that out there because I feel like people get confused about that. Secondly, I asked Shane, what is the church's stance on these reality shows that have come out like Salt Lake City Talking about the Mormon religion and now this reality show which actually puts the word Mormon wives into the title, So he looked it up for me, and the LDIS Church actually did issue a statement and it's actually longer than this, but this is just a little breakdown of it. It says the Church of Jesus Christ the Latter day Saints, like other prominent global faith communities, often finds itself the focus of the attention of the entertainment industry. Some portrayals are fair and accurate, but others resort to stereotypes or gross miss representations that are in poor taste and have real life consequences for people of faith. While this is not new, a number of recent productions depict lifestyles and practices blatantly inconsistent with the teachings of the church. The true story of our faith is best seen in the countless lives of those who strive daily to follow our Savior, Jesus Christ. So basically, they're like, don't get your education about LDS directly from these TV shows.
Speaker 2: Do you think that they didn't say anything about podcasts? So do you think that they're going to be concerned with what we have to say? Here because this is what the actual line says at the beginning of this when entertainment media distorts faith.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, they obviously can't control what's put out there. I think that you and I, I mean we get to actually watch it and pick it apart and me being married to Shane, I think it gives the actual perspective from both sides, like what these women are saying and calling themselves active members, and then what someone who actually lives the life and the lifestyle like my husband. But he would say, And so I think it's an interesting take that you and I get to have.
Speaker 2: I agree, Okay, So I would say one of the most challenging things we're going to have to really get through as we watch the secret Lives of Mormon wives, other than pissing off Church of Jesus Christ dot Org, is deciphering which one of these women is who.
Speaker 4: They do look a lot alike, especially Jesse and DEMI are those Is that the same person?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so we've got on our top row, we've got Taylor, We've got Mikayla, We've got Macy. So we've already done an interview with Mikayla and Macy, which you couldn't keep their names straight even in the interview in person, Taylor I will always recognize because she is the hot mess that I love to watch. Whitney I can keep straight because she drives me absolutely bananas.
Speaker 4: Well, and Whitney is very distinctive looking. She doesn't look like the rest of them. She doesn't have like the hair extensions, and she just she You can spot her, you can spot her kind of all blend.
Speaker 2: And then we've got Jesse and Demi, who could essentially be the same person, and one of them could actually be on Selling Sunset. It could be Krishelle Strauss. And then we've also got Jennifer Affleck, who I really hope you guys have put the time in to watching her j LO video that she's now posted. So she's really making sure to capitalize on her Affleck last name, which is not by accident. She is somewhat related to Ben Affleck, and she wants this all to know about it.
Speaker 1: Yep, she does.
Speaker 4: And then this last girl, Leyla. They didn't do a lot with her in this first episode. I didn't see much conversation revolving around her. No confessionals with her were the maybe a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, there wasn't much with her. And I had to hold myself back from watching the second episode because I was so hooked after the first, Like, stop yourself. You cannot because I'm a binge watcher of television and if i like something, I'm like, I'm ready to really bring it home.
Speaker 1: But you had to stop yourself.
Speaker 2: I had to stop myself. So it's really really good. It starts out. The intro gives an explanation of mom Talk and the sex scandal that rocked the entire community. When Taylor Frankie Paul revealed that the couples of Mom Talk were swinging, the entire world was talking about it. This was also during COVID, so I mean, everybody needed something to talk about other than COVID. The rules of Mormonism are strict. No caffeine, no alcohol, no more than one piercing have a child by the time you're twenty one.
Speaker 4: I don't believe this is like written doctrine anywhere. I'm gonna ask Shane about this, but I do know that there are guidelines as far as no caffeine and no alcohol.
Speaker 1: It's the whole concept of your body as a Temple.
Speaker 4: But I don't think there's anything written anywhere that says you have to have a child the time you're twenty one. I feel like someone just added that that end randomly.
Speaker 2: Like hold on, I actually I know that we're you know, we don't have all the time in the world. But I'm going to call somebody who is LDS at this current moment. I'm not going to reveal her name, but I do need to ask about this twenty one thing. Hello. Hey, I know this is totally random. You're on air and I'm not going to use your name, Okay, but I have do you do I have permission to broadcast your voice on to this podcast that I'm doing with Emily on the Secret Lives of Mormon Wives. Okay, okay, great. Is there anything in the doctrine that says that you have to have a child by the time you're twenty one? No, okay, definitely not true.
Speaker 5: Never said anywhere, nothing, and it never says anything that you can have one kid, no kid anything. It just says multiply and repunished and find joy in your poster so like find joying your kids, but never saying that you have to or at a certain age or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Is there rules of no more than one piercing?
Speaker 5: Now there was a rule back in the day, like it wasn't really a rule. Our propit came out and said that he suggested that we only had one piercing at a time. But that's now gone away.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you so much. We just wanted to clear it up because we don't want to just talk out of our butts. We want to actually have an idea of what we're discussing. I know the no coffee rule from all of our visitations together.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's the same thing. It's with the alcohol and the caffeine. It's not written. Is that actually written or is that that's not actual doctrine anywhere.
Speaker 2: So Emily's question is, if your body is a temple, is the no caffeine and no alcohol a the end of the doctrine or is that just something that everybody is deciding based on what's best for your body.
Speaker 5: It's kind of based off what's the best. They don't they don't come right out and say anything, and that's kind of what the the no piercing thing is about as well. Like back in the day, you know, like, are the church has a vault, right, it's not just like a local church. It's worldwide, so go to people who live in other countries. Like piercing and tattoos and things like that are expression of their their life, right, Like you get a lot of people that have tattoos and that.
Speaker 2: Shows who they are and it's expression of themselves they've gone through.
Speaker 5: So the church has definitely gone away from that. It's that's not how it is. And caffeine is never written in there. They say hot drinks again, that's that's like a gray area. I've talked to you about this a bunch where we're like, you guys can't drink coffee, but yet you can drink energy drinks. How does this make sense? And it and truly that doesn't. But there's things it's it definitely talks about being healthy all around, like keeping your body temple. Yes, so do things that are healthy. So it is definitely based off of like your own judgment. So people, there's a lot of members that I know that do drink coffee and they're incredible people, Like, that's not they're not saying like you have to do that to be a member of our church.
Speaker 2: That's not. It at all. It's just saying, hey.
Speaker 5: This is up to you. We suggest you don't overtake this or you don't take this. It does say no alcohol. That is one thing that it does say for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, Matt Our producer would for sure not make it in because he drinks at least eleven cups of coffee a day and I don't know that it's making his body a temple, say anti temple. Thank you so much. We just wanted to clear that up. I will call you when I'm off air, but thank you for We just wanted that information straight away, bye babe. Okay, so that does clear some things up, I think for us in general. But an episode one, which is entitled The Secret Book of Taylor Taylor, Frankie Paul is introduced. Mom Talks started off with four girls, Taylor, Whitney, Macy, and Michaela. They've been laying low since the scandal broke, but they decided to reunite. Macey twenty seven. She has a husband to kids, and she calls herself a bad bitch. She's complaining about her husband never initiating sex. I've had to scroll up to check who Macy is, even though we interviewed her last week.
Speaker 4: Macey would be the one I called Mikayla.
Speaker 2: Correct because she I guess she is. I guess she's a bad bitch. I mean, she's beautiful.
Speaker 1: But can you call yourself a bad bitch? I feel like other people should call you that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like when people call themselves the icons or queens.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I just feel like you can't. You can, other people can, but I don't think you can self proclaim that.
Speaker 2: And honestly, Macey, I'm here to tell you, I wish that my husband would not initiate sex as much as you.
Speaker 1: Well, she's twenty seven, that's the difference.
Speaker 2: I didn't really realize when I was going down this rabbit hole that Taylor went completely rogue by outing the soft swinging. I thought they kind of all shit was hitting the fan, and then she just started sharing her side. I didn't realize she just shared this the facts without letting her other mom talkers know.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, I have to clarify something because this is where I don't know if I'm confused. When you watched the first episode and they introduced the eight women or whatever, and they talk about mom talk and these women be involved in it, and then they talk about the swinging scandal. These women on this show are not part of the swinging scandal. Is that correct? Taylor was a tailor? Well, Taylor, yes, because she admits to it. She's the one that goes rogue. She's the one. But all the other women that are a focus on this particular show are not involved in it.
Speaker 2: Right I do not actually know the answer to that question. I think a lot of them are probably not or are.
Speaker 4: They just denying it right now, because as far as the first episode, it sounds to me as if none of the other women were involved.
Speaker 1: It was only Taylor.
Speaker 2: I can say this. There were two blonds that might have been sisters. Don't quote me, but originally that were a part of mom talk that I think one was pregnant, one wasn't. And I think that was the couple that was fully doing it. But I find it very hard to believe if you're in a full swinging circle that other people aren't swinging. Like, if I'm just putting it up me, you, Gina and Tamara all hanging out, I'm doubting that two of you are swinging and the other two of us are twiddling our fingers.
Speaker 4: So you think that they just don't want to own up to it right now. Maybe something would be revealed later in later episodes.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're probably twiddling something else. But I do know that once we see Taylor, she has her new boyfriend. She was with somebody named what was his name, Tate. I thought she said Taint for a second, and I was like, that's a rough name, Tate.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: So she was with Tate. That's who she had her two kids with. Now she's with Dakota. This is a new boyfriend they have. They have trust issues already. Taylor can't decide if she should be single or not, considering her divorce was finalized one month ago. Taylor, I realize that you're now pregnant, but I could give you the answer to that question. You should be single.
Speaker 1: You should be single.
Speaker 4: I like how they have trust issues when you slide into the woman's DMS who cheated on her husband by having a swinging scandal going on and she crossed the lines, and then you slide into her DMS and want a dater, But then you're you're concerned about trust, like.
Speaker 2: But also why do you slide into somebody's DMS? That's drinking, partying and potentially a swinger. If you're sober, it just doesn't.
Speaker 4: And and you want someone to be faithful and not drink like I feel like he that was the wrong DM to slide into.
Speaker 2: It seemed like he wants to get it in, and it appears that he still wants to get it in as we continue on through this episode, because we see throughout the scenes of the upcoming episodes that other people are sliding into his DMS. And I got to just tell you this, not in a mean way. I wouldn't be sliding into Dakota's DMS. No, no, thank you.
Speaker 1: He did nothing for me.
Speaker 2: He didn't. He's no jow no.
Speaker 1: Maybe if he had a guitar.
Speaker 2: Then Macy reveals that Whitney is moving back to Utah. She was part of the og Mom Talk and liked to be the leader of the clan.
Speaker 4: We've got it looks like we've got two that want to be the queen the queen Bee. So there's clearly going to be issues in the in the in the if.
Speaker 2: You were in the group, who would you rather be your queen Bee, Taylor or Whitney.
Speaker 4: Well, Taylor, I think is complete ding Dong, but I find her entertaining. Whitney just annoys me, and I so.
Speaker 2: Was so punishable. I don't know, I don't really know what it is about her, Like I'm like, you bug me so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think it's just that first scene and they're just they're moving back from Hawaii.
Speaker 2: But Whitney's also the one dancing with her child in the niic you so maybe that was Yes, that was Whitney.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: That's when she had the matching extensions with the other girls. But now she has the bob cut, like you know, when you get over your extensions and you have no hair, so then you just cut it short. Anyway, fresh in Hawaii.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but when they show past videos, she has dark hair. Then when she walks into the kitchen web the house they rented, she's platinum, and then five minutes later she has red hair.
Speaker 2: Well it's because they're going through a crisis. Well, anyways, they're back in Utah. We're in the mom content house where the moms are filming a new dancing video. But Tailor isn't there, and clearly neither of the two sisters that were originally involved in the swinging situation. I don't know if they were actually involved, but they were two of my favorites. I don't know why they're not on the show. Maybe they're more active members and they don't want to piss off the church. But when Taylor goes to her mom's house, she starts breaking the news that she has a new boyfriend. Taylor's mom is openly against her dating in Dakota. She commented a red flag emoji. I love a mom like this, you know what I really do? She commented a red flag emoji on Taylor's TikTok post that featured him. Leanne tells Taylor she's done a lot of bad things that have made her look extremely bad. Taylor won't speak to her church leaders because she's scared she'll get excommunicated. I'm like, if you didn't get excommunicated for swinging, I'm pretty sure they're pretty free going with what they're going to excommunicate.
Speaker 1: Oh, I feel like she's probably been excommunicated. She just doesn't know yet. She just like didn't get her mail or something.
Speaker 2: But also, like, what did her mom expect after the soft swinging incident? All over mom talk?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, but Okay, I felt like the conversation between her and her mom it felt weird to me.
Speaker 1: It didn't feel like a mom daughter conversation.
Speaker 2: No, But it's probably because her mom scares me, mostly because she's cutting Apple's raw dog on the counter without a without a cutting board, Like who what kind of wild person? Like these are new countertops and you're just going for it Like that really made me nervous.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I just felt like I felt like the conversation was lacking any empathy of emotion. I just felt and maybe they've had that conversation multiple times and then when they have to redo it for the camera, it just comes off flat because you know they've had this conversation. But I just was I didn't feel anything from.
Speaker 1: It other than she's like, you're stupid. Well know what.
Speaker 2: It kind of reminded me of And I know you don't watch other housewife shows, which it's kind of bothersome considering that's my living on the other side. But is Monica and her mom, and I believe that Monica from Salt Lake City, her mom was also LDS. But the way that she just was like, you're stupid, You're you're dumb, You're like, you know all of these things, but like clearly we don't make some of our decisions in life without things that we're emulating from our parents. Do you agree, I mean some of the things emulating or rebelling from right, But then we're back at I love that it's called the mom Talk House, Like could we.
Speaker 4: Go yes, Like, okay, let me ask a question about that. So there's so much in this episode. I can talk about it for hours and hours. Do they all rent this house?
Speaker 1: Like how don't that work?
Speaker 2: Well? I don't know. I don't imagine houses in Utah are like crazy expensive for rentals because I mean, every one of the girls that I've gone to in Utah's house they are like mansions.
Speaker 4: I guess my point is they get together and they all lease this house and then they share. It's like a YouTube house, like like there they all pay he rents for it for or you probably rent it by the hour or something.
Speaker 2: Do you do that? Like no, I don't, but like the house behind me is a YouTube house. They don't live there. They film content in the house. We only hear from we a like that randomly on like a Saturday from like two to six pm. There's like music and noise and like drones and stuff like that. So they go and film content there, but they don't live there because they don't want all like the excess there. But okay, the original girl, her name was Miranda. Taylor called out Miranda on TikTok because Miranda said she was offered the show and declined, but Taylor says, Miranda said she'd only do the show if Taylor wasn't on it, And well, apparently they show's Taylor, which who wouldn't have.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean the police footage alone.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's so good. Then we get to Jesse. She's thirty. She's built a hair empire in Utah. Then her billboard is jizz. That's right, it's so good. Then we've got another mom to meet. She reveals she was at these parties where the other couple see this is where it gets tricky, where the other couples were swinging, but she didn't know what was happening. Her husband, Brett, got weird vibes from the other men.
Speaker 4: This is where I get how do you not know what's happening? If this whole concept of soft swinging is your switching partners and you're doing everything but actual penetration. How do you not know what's going on?
Speaker 2: Well, because it's apparently very quiet to just stick it in and not pump.
Speaker 4: But but if you're I mean, what do you think it's gonna hear if someone's getting a blowjob?
Speaker 1: How do you not know?
Speaker 2: You can't. You can't penetrate in any I thought you could.
Speaker 1: But she I thought. She clarified later that you could do everything.
Speaker 2: Except No, no, absolutely not. There's nothing that no friction, not oral sex, No, definitely not oral sex.
Speaker 1: Then so what are they doing? They're just making out.
Speaker 2: They're making out, and then they just stick it in and rest it there.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna tell me that you're at this party you don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: That's my point. This just feels like bullshit. And I feel like.
Speaker 4: You're just walking around at a party and someone put their penises and someone's vagina that doesn't belong to them, and they're just standing there and you don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, your husband's missing with the hottest girl in the group for hours and you're like, oh, and then my other friend's jumping from bed to bed to create some sort of movement. But don't know. I don't know. I think these girls are having too many jellow shots. They're getting wild. According to possibly, Macie may have said this at BYU, this is like what is kind of learned behavior?
Speaker 1: But I feel like that.
Speaker 4: But I feel like the soft swinging thing is just something that someone made up by entirely different rules that have to do with couples and not necessarily the church.
Speaker 2: I agree. I don't think it's a church thing. I think it's just I think.
Speaker 4: We need Taylor to come on and we need to ask her. I want detailed information about these soft swinging parties.
Speaker 2: If you think I haven't already slid into Taylor's DMS and saw a scene and she didn't respond, then you have another thing coming, like.
Speaker 1: Is she's ghosting you? Is she not replying to you?
Speaker 2: I think we might have to offer cash monies for her to be on. Then. Demi is twenty nine, her husband is forty six. She tells everyone that Taylor was flirting with Brett at one of these parties and she almost lost it. According to Kendall, one of our other producers, she says that Brett's the hottest.
Speaker 1: H I don't know. I haven't really seen the men yet.
Speaker 4: Oh I have other than Dakota and Whitney's husband, who that's a whole nother conversation.
Speaker 1: You can just save that for later.
Speaker 2: Then we get back to Leanne's house. She's criticizing Taylor's taste in men. We find out Dakota is a recovering addict who almost died from a fentanyl overdose. Taylor breaks the news that she needs to take a pregnancy test tonight. Her mom calls her stupid. She's pissed off of the bad decisions Taylor continues to make. She gets up and walks away from her daughter.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you think she really needs to take a pregnancy test or is this a reality? So, like, I already know I'm pregnant, but I'm going to take a test.
Speaker 2: I think one million percent She's like already knows she's pregnant, and we find out later what ends up happening with the first baby. But like, I don't think she's I don't think you're like, hmm, maybe I should take one and kind of going from there. But I do think that Dakota has a lot of red flags. And I also wonder why, if you're we're just within a couple of years, you're swinging, you're doing all these things, why you'd want to rush into having another baby with a sober person that recently had an overdose from fentanyl.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound like the best plan.
Speaker 2: Listen, I make a lot of mistakes, but this seems like a mistake.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 4: It seems like a disaster about to happen. But it's one that we're going to be watching, which is.
Speaker 1: Why Teddy cannot wait until the next episode.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can't. The fact that I couldn't watch the second episode really upset me. Then we're back at Jesse's house aka the mom taught Content House for the day. Whitney is moving back today, but there's a rumor going around that her husband was on Tinder. They think this is why she moved to Hawaii in the first place. Whitney may have moved to a wife for tender, but she's definitely moving back to Salt Lake City to be on this television show. Let's way just very clear.
Speaker 1: I just said that to Shane. I was like, okay.
Speaker 4: And then there's this other girl named Whitney, but apparently she lived in Hawaii for two months, but now miraculously she is back in.
Speaker 1: Utah, just in time to film a reality show.
Speaker 2: Just because she we already heard she wanted to be the top Dog, which I don't know. We see the conversation between Whitney and her husband. She's starting to get emotional. She's excited. I don't know if excited, sorry, but she's looking forward to sharing it with the group.
Speaker 4: The tender Scandal. Yeah, okay, let me back up a minute because I have something else to say. First of all, when they moved into this new house and they had a bottle of champagne, do you remember that part?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I do, And they were like the real estate agent gave a champagne or whatever. This really struck me because I am married to a man who is active LDS and who has not drank any alcohol his entire life. Never, never a drop of alcohol. They moved back into this house in Utah, there's a bottle of champagne. They both say that they've never had alcohol their entire life. Yet there's a camera crew in the kitchen and they both take a swig of champagne.
Speaker 2: I mean, how.
Speaker 1: Easily they just whatever convictions they had that they that they lived by. How easily they just threw those out the window the minute there's a camera crew there.
Speaker 2: Well, I think this is a clear sign that there might be some people on this show that are fibbing or stretching the truth.
Speaker 4: So you think maybe they drank and they're just pretending like they hadn't and they're just I.
Speaker 2: Think they all I think they grew okay. So I think this group came together as I don't think they were all friends originally, and I don't think they all met in the church. They all met because they had big followers on TikTok or whatever they wanted to capitalize on making money, like you should go down like the Ruby frank of it all. Like just I think there was like a big stage of like youtubing and all of this, and these girls took advantage of it and then they just all kind of went buck wild. But then we get into Whitney's car. She's moved it back into town. They're boxes, she's thirty, She's ready to be back with her mom taught girls. She wants before she starts to discuss the conversation she's gonna have with the girls, but beforehand, Whitney and Michaela are meeting Taylor for brunch. I don't know why, why do I have empathy for Taylor?
Speaker 4: Because well because because when Whitney and Michayla are talking, well, first of all, they talk up a big game before Taylor got there. They're like, oh, yeah, we're gonna I'm gonna let her have it. Then I like when she walks up and they're like, hey.
Speaker 2: Girl, hey girl, you're looking hot. Now. Oh let me feel teddy.
Speaker 1: Oh you're the Oh my gosh, your boobs looks so good. I love your hair.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, yeah, I was like, y'all are all full of shit. But they're nervous to be reunited with Taylor, so I'm thinking this is the first time they've seen Taylor since all of the the mom talk of it all. Then Whitney confronts Taylor for posting that video and forcing her friends to no longer trust her. Taylor doesn't think it's fair that all these moms are coming for her, crying about the scandal ruining their lives, and shortly after they'll post a TikTok making fun of the situation to gain clout.
Speaker 1: I agreed.
Speaker 4: You can't act like you're sad about something and that someone did you wrong when you literally took that or changed it and threw it back out there and got yourself more followers. So clearly you didn't have a problem with it. I mean, you capitalized from it.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry. If we're gonna have problems with things, I need to point out something that was blatantly obvious to me. We can't brush over the fact that when Michaela was sixteen she met Jace and he was twenty one. Yes, then, now we're at the Whitney in Connor's house sitting down and talk about the tender scanner. Connor breaks down talking about what he did to Whitney. Connor talks about having a problem, and Whitney decided she doesn't want to keep lying about this. But then they make it seem like it's a porn problem. So is it a porn problem or a cheating problem, or is it tender or what are we really working with?
Speaker 1: Okay, I have so many questions about this. Can we just break it down a little bit further?
Speaker 4: First of all, she lied about it at first, right, They made it like it was a joke, like someone posted on Facebook and it was like a joke. It was pictures from high school. Haha, he doesn't really have a tender account. Then she comes clean and she's like, he does have a tender account, and he's had a tender account. Apparently the entire marriage is, what she said, not just like a one time isolated event. She admits that, like it's been basically through the whole marriage.
Speaker 2: I'm here to tell you if my husband, if I found his tender account, I'd just move him right out of the house. We wouldn't need to move into the new Salt Lake City house or go to Hawaii for restructure, Like we'd just actually be done.
Speaker 4: But she then she goes on to say that he never actually met up with any of these women. And I'm putting women in quotations because maybe because clearly maybe he didn't actually meet up with women, and I don't.
Speaker 1: There's just a lot to unpack here.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to impact one, including that I don't necessarily think that Whitney is being transparent with what she's going through. And nothing bugs me more than half transparency. It's fine if you want to give a part, like if you either want to come clean and be like, this is my shit show of a life which we all have, all of us EBB and flow with that. But she's coming forward with half truths, and that bothers me a lot.
Speaker 4: What do you think the half truth is that he did something on tender but there's probably more to the story. Like, she's telling this story and she's getting sympathy, but she's not being one hundred percent transparent about all the things that he's done.
Speaker 2: I don't think she's being transparent about the things that he's done. But I don't think she's being transparent about the things that she's done either. I don't think her first sip of alcohol was when she bought the new house and she had one sip of champagne from her broker's opening, Like, I don't think so. I think she's doing jello shots and maybe soaking with one of the other husbands, Like, let's just be clear. Then we get to after Whitney's confession to Sailor, Taylor decides to make her announcement she was pregnant, but she either miscarried her or had an ec topic pregnancy. Whitney hates it. Taylor, Okay, this this we see in Housewives a lot when two people share a story that's very dramatic to them, but nobody's really listening to what the other person says. They just want to get out their story because.
Speaker 4: They're just waiting for the other person to stop talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like a zip it so I can tell you what my news. So I guess you like, we already know that your husband's been a cheater, but now I need to tell you that I told my mom that I was pregnant with the guy that I met swinging that had a fentanyl addiction that slid in too my DMS. That's slid in to my DMS. And I'm the head doog. So everybody's going to care more about my story. So that happens. We get through it. Then we get back into me being confused. Because Dakota feels that the church has saved him from his past addiction. He tells Taylor Taylor he can't be with her if she continues to party and drink alcohol, and her confessional she says this may be an issue. Then they then she goes, I'm just going to go out on one last girl's night. Then we hear a recorded nine to one to one phone call. Someone has called to report domestic violence, saying a woman is screaming get off of me in a nearby house. Then the body can footage the police officers shown Taylor screaming. Coda tells the policeman that she's hammered. She tries to tell them Dakota as two, but he says he's sober. Taylor claims he threw her in the garage, and Dakota says that's because she was attacking him and throwing the chairs at him. Taylor tells the police she peeded herself because she was so scared of Takoda. She claims he pushed her and that's why she threw things at him. The officer puts Taylor under arrest for domestic violence. What were the hard part to really reconcile here is we know that the two kids are in the house, she's just found out she's miscarried or had an ectopic pregnancy, and then we go into the rest of the season and we end up finding out that these two end up together and she ends up pregnant. Taylor talks about being arrested and she wasn't. So this nine one one incident happened not when she was pregnant. This is when they were first dating, right. No, this nine one one incident happened right after she had the first either miscarriage or the a topic pregnancy.
Speaker 1: So this nine one one footage happened while she was filming the show.
Speaker 5: Then.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's while she was filming the show, but it was. They had it was, I mean from what I had seen on TikTok, they had gone out, she decided she was going to go to this concert with her girlfriends. She came home, he was with the kids. They got into this fight. They were throwing stuff at each other. The kids were awake. Neither of them called nine when one the neighbor did.
Speaker 1: The neighbor did, Yeah, I heard the phone call from it.
Speaker 2: I mean, all of it's really kind of actually sad when you break it down.
Speaker 4: Well, it's sad because you know, the kid's witnessed this, and I guess she was arrested because the chair actually hit a child or just came close to hitting a child.
Speaker 2: She was arrested, I believe, and allegedly because there was actually marks on Dakota from her and there was a kid that was like, and this was in February of twenty twenty three, and then so she was arrested in February seventeenth. Authorities charged her with aggravated assault, two counts of domestic violence in the presence of a child, child aboose with injury, and a criminal mischief according to police in Salt Lake City County. And then coming up this season, we see Taylor talks about being arrested. We're gonna see her pregnant again. There's a fight who will be Queen Bee of mom talk. You're either team Taylor, team Whitney. But it seems to me, it seems like all these friendships are fake anyways, and they're doing this for money, which really kind of sums up this Salt Lake City perfection of women who are trying to like, there's a something that I saw where the women say, our job in life is just so of these men.
Speaker 4: So you think these are just all women that are trying to break from that stereo type of serving man or being and trying to create their own identity, and they're doing it through this mom talk. Like clearly they're not a group of friends like Inluencer, right, they are a group of influencers who had a lot of followers on TikTok. So then I'm sure they all reached out to each other got together so they could build more followers from each other. So you know you're not talking about deep rooted friendships here.
Speaker 2: No, And now what they're going to do is they're going to fight for famous who is going to be the most popular of the secret wives of Mormon lives. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but at this point it's Taylor, which was the same one as TikTok. And so we continue on until the next episode and until the next episode. Thanks you guys for tuning in to another episode of Popping Off. Please share with us your favorites, any high takes, any information that you have on the LDS church, because we did have an inside source today, but I do feel like we are always willing and open to get in more information. And Emily, please make sure Shane is watching.
Speaker 1: No I am.
Speaker 4: He hasn't watched the first episode yet, but I told him he needs to watch the episodes because I do enjoy his perspective. Well we need it, yes, we need it. So we'll get Shane's perspective on this as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I will talk to you next week then, Okay, thanks for listening, Bye guys.