Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Master along with Tim Stanevik. Let's take look at some stocks on the move today. With US is Bloomberg News Equities reporter Avalon Pernell, and we've got to start with the stock that we cannot stop talking about. And it's only been trading for what now three days, yes, not even three full days exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean that's SpaceX ticker SPCX, currently up about eight point four percent, which again that's for as you said, it's a third straight day after its record seventy five billion dollar IPO, and worth noting that the gains are putting the stock on track to overtake Amazon in value and also briefly made it the world's fourth largest stock, ahead of Microsoft. That being said, part of this is because of retail traders, which have been a key driver of the hot start, buying as much space X stock over its first two days of trading as a purchased across the entire US stock market. Also worth noting that options trading for the rocket stock began today and has already drawn record volume.
Speaker 4: Hard to find prominent bears on this, Like, there's some people who argue with the valuation. We had featured Scarlett and Tom's interview with Jim Chanos last week on Blueberg Money Noon on Fridays. But yeah, a lot of people we speak to Carol there all in on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, And we should point out it actually has overtaken Amazon's market cap, which is kind of interesting, but we're waiting to see it's kind of getting newer to Microsoft's market cap, so it's just kind of wild. The superlatives continue again. It's already the story of the year. I think I can just put that out there, or one of the main stories of this year. All right, let's slip on over to Netflix.
Speaker 3: Yes, Netflix, that's ticker and flx currently slipping about three point nine percent to hit its lowest interday level since February, and that's after Semaphore reports that the streaming giant lost out to Fox and its pursuit of Roku Worth noting that the report also says that Netflix is one of the number of companies interested in buying Lionsgate. But this isn't the first time that they have lost out on a bidding war, to say the least.
Speaker 1: Wait, what Netflix was in a bidding war?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. No, it's interesting though. It does sound like they're on the move and they want to add something certainly to their business.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I just want to remind everybody almost twenty years ago Roku was actually created inside Netflix.
Speaker 1: So how wild is that with.
Speaker 4: Anthony Wood who is still the founder or chairman CEO of Roku. So things have kind of gone for a full circle. Although now he's going to Fox exact sly part of management there.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. All right, let's talk about Madurina. I just think about during the pandemic. This was an all star for a serious reason, of course, but it's had its ups and downs. But it's been on a tear this year.
Speaker 3: It sure is. I mean currently that's ticker mRNA. It is of about nine percent today most inter day since May eighth, and that's after the FDA released briefing documents on its vaccine, its flu Shot, ahead of a crucial advisory committee meeting coming up this Thursday. Jeffrey's writing that the documents do read very favorably for the vaccine and potentially could mean that it could get approval, which would obviously be great news for Maderna.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.