Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: COWS.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 3: Players Lounge here on a Monday. Lots to talk about. I'm happy to be back.
Speaker 4: To say, how you been? Man? Where's this guy? Geez? Been following a winner?
Speaker 2: Just one early shot?
Speaker 4: Showers, right, shoot down? They got to do.
Speaker 3: They got to do Astros in the house. You know, been going to Arizona and doing you.
Speaker 4: Know, Instro smacked them in their house too.
Speaker 3: Okay, somebody went home and somebody went hold with a championship.
Speaker 4: Were you at the paride? Yeah? How was that? Thanks for watching? I tell you you, Negro, thanks for what? Yes, you and a half. I was on that but golfing. We was on the players line, on the players line, I ain't hard to find you knew where was the entire time. I didn't know where you was.
Speaker 3: Okay, I had to get some signals. You was in the cage somewhere. You can't tell me.
Speaker 4: But I knew where I was was. That was crazy. It was a crazy, man, it was. It was good.
Speaker 3: They deserve, man, they deserved that. I was very happy for the city and the players, and they came out there deep man, it was.
Speaker 4: I got in there a little bit before nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: Man, you had folks already lined up in these streets deep and those porter parties they didn't have enough. Man, I've never seen nothing like that.
Speaker 4: Man, it was it was. It was bad stuff. Were you here for the for the nineties? You here? Okay?
Speaker 2: I did not compared though we had the city on lock, the Mavericks, the math that was in the city was locked up like they was gonna do it again. Huh.
Speaker 4: Who knew? Who knew? Thought we were selling right now?
Speaker 2: I had a full headline to me too, Me.
Speaker 4: Too, mustang.
Speaker 3: I got photos different times, man, it was.
Speaker 4: It was different times. Yes, Church twenty four hour. I'm so touchy right now listening to your boy. That's all let's happen.
Speaker 3: Let's go rive marryacked my Harrison, Danny Cray.
Speaker 4: I knew I wasn't here for the picks on Friday, So how did it all go?
Speaker 2: I switched my pick from Philly to Dallas. Why you switch your pick? I let him make me feel guilty about not picking the Cowboy. Why I let him do that to me? He always I'm going to get his boys, his boys. I should have just picked the Eagles, like I thought I was going Cowboys Philly. I think I picked the correct score. No, No, twenty eight, twenty four? You said, who was a score twenty three?
Speaker 4: I just listen to yours, to your boy, you was out there, just.
Speaker 2: Listen to your I was so fissed off about that, I said, And he gonna pick the damn didn't.
Speaker 5: He's gonna go through it all. But you talk about for least SECONDARY told him they was gettable.
Speaker 4: That's legs. I said, Man, just let's go. Let's go. Man, I'm tired of being negro domas out there. Let me go.
Speaker 6: I took let me go shout out to Correculates. But but I'm sticking with my mind that come on, man, come on, you said, I put.
Speaker 4: My case together to I'm leading the witness and all that.
Speaker 2: Man, your boys, your boys, your boys. I just felt like I had to be you know, I had the Cowboys back. But yeah, you know it ain't nothing that's okay, man, They almost swayed me though he was he was working, he was cooking. He was definitely cooking. One at a time, one at a time. You lost me. I'm done. I'm not listening to you. I ain't done with the cowboy.
Speaker 3: In the pre pre preseason picks, okay, before he made our just way back, he went ar Chives over there.
Speaker 4: He in trouble. Everybody had a loss. So what happened.
Speaker 3: Everybody has a loss as we did the pre pre picks.
Speaker 4: Everybody had that as a loss. Let me tell you what happened to me. I started off this way.
Speaker 2: I thought that they was going to involve my man Cooks in the game because he's been a difference maker in the last two And I said, hey, man, if they come out and they run the offense through Cooks, Seedy Lamb and Dak Prescott, we'll win the game.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought. I said.
Speaker 2: Davonte Smith was not gonna have it as good of a game as Brandon Cooks, okay. And he went out there and got two targets. Now DeVante went out there and got a touch down. He didn't had too many catches, but too.
Speaker 4: Two two targets one catch seven yards too. He at the bottom of the list on targets.
Speaker 2: Bottom. Wait, stop bottom. It don't make sense. It don't make sense. So you know, I mean, if you want to keep doing that, Dack had a good game, all this sudden stuff. If you don't get your weapons involved in the game, it's gonna be a lot harder for you to make those players when they count. And you found yourself, We'll get to you find yourself in some trouble. A pickle. That's a pickle, man. You know what I'm more than anything, man, I'm just ticked. I'm just ticked off about when you have your opportunities to win this game. When you come out, you're seventeen to fourteen lead, then the third quarter you come out and it's like, what did you think was gonna happen? Was that some news that maybe you wasn't going to be going against jaylen Hurst in the second half?
Speaker 4: Did you did you let your guard down? Was this something happening? Was that something happen? Because the third quarter belonged to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 2: After building up all that good will, after battling back and forth to finally get the lead, that third quarter I thought was defining. Everybody talks about those last couple drives, and I think they had something to do with it. I think the execution down the down the road from a coaching schematic standpoint, had something to do with it. But the third quarter, to me, it dictated the whole rest of the ball game because you let them just have long drives that just consider this sealed.
Speaker 5: The deal to me, you know, and like I said, we'll die boo, No, I'm sure we'll die. But to me, the whole thing came down to the second half was adjustments. I mean, you look at it. What did we talk about during the week leading up. We don't want a Chas Green incident happening against that vaunted Eagles defensive line. We sat here and talked about it. If they're getting beat up out there, get your man some help. And what ended up happening towards that last driving. Pretty much the entire second half, our boy Terrence still was getting beat like.
Speaker 4: A drum out there.
Speaker 5: And I only saw maybe two occasions where they put a back over there to chip or somebody over there to help out. For the most part, man, he was just getting beat down like a drum and I understand.
Speaker 4: You know, you gave that man money.
Speaker 5: You expect him to, you know, be one of those upper echelon right tackles out there. But if you see him getting beat like that consistently, you gotta get that man some help. So that was one of the things that just kind of stood out to me in the second half offensively, defensively, what's going on?
Speaker 4: They didn't have an answer. They didn't have an answer.
Speaker 5: They didn't make that Philadelphia Eagles team one dimensional at all. You know, either throw the ball or you're gonna run the ball, but you can't do both. And we saw what the Eagles were able to do. You know, they were able to run that ball. Might not have been huge numbers, but it kept that defense honest. You couldn't just be like, oh man, we can't just leave for in a box because they can still have the ability to run. And then the passing game, say what you want, but that man hurts something. He was making some dimes out there. He was dropping some serious dimes out there. So we'll get into a little bit more, but to me, it's just the adjustments on both sides of the ball in the second half just weren't there.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you this.
Speaker 2: Turn on the tape, okay, and watch our D line. That's our Watch the D line. You want to figure out what happened in the run game? You know who if the D line and the linebacker's lap, so they can't figure out what watch it. It's the same thing that do you have a number? I'm not giving up. Look at both, no not, just look at both the interior defensive line and on the player and see and if you looking and seeing what gap they're supposed to be in, are they getting reached or they getting pushed back into the linebackers lap. You watch it and see if it happens consistently, and I'll tell you yes, it does, Yes, it does.
Speaker 4: So when you talk about like hey man, hey, how the linebacker's gonna play? Are they free? Can they shoot?
Speaker 2: They guess they can't because they get pushed back in they leapt. So just it's just a consistent thing to just keep on happening. We've been talking about this for years, right Newly while we were talking about yeah, yeah, we ain't wear about no no, no, no, no no, we worried about it. Okay, were worried about it. We went out there and got one in the first round, and we're looking for a difference maker. We even talked about when the trade deadline was coming, what position do we think is the most important for you to get in it?
Speaker 4: Across the bus deepest line. This ain't happened. This ain't happened.
Speaker 2: But I'm still I'm never gonna stop talking about the Brandon Cookster. With all that, I don't care. All right, you still had a shot, and you got some big time playmakers on your squad, and you cannot figure out a way to get him involved in the game. Rather give it to Jaylen Tobert Schoolmaker, rarely give it to school Maker. You got a dude out here a thousand yards with every team you're gonna I got so tired of watching that dude run off the ball full speed, knowing that he knew he wasn't getting the ball.
Speaker 4: He's the dummy Rocks. Take the top off, because we need this to be open.
Speaker 2: Underneath was his first target to what the fourth us to the fourth of the third on the comeback, and it float over his head because that was underpressure.
Speaker 4: Take the top off. See he come underneath back. I just don't.
Speaker 2: I just I don't understand you got any respect for your player like that, you go find a way to give him the football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So just Cooks needed to do what Seedee Lamb did a couple weeks ago and say something.
Speaker 4: Man, I don't know if it'll do him any good at this point.
Speaker 2: At this point, I think they just said they're not even looking at him, Dak not even turning his way. And on the fourth and one that you're talking about, if you turn it and again, there's so much to diagnose just from a pressure aspect, because Dak has pressure coming right in his face right there. But you see Brandon wide open. And that's the one thing about Brandon Cooks that I mean, I've been on him. I've been talking about from the beginning of the other season. Man, while we're not using Brandon Cooks, he's not doing what we thought he was gonna do.
Speaker 4: Well, you can't. He's not gonna do what you thought he was gonna do.
Speaker 2: If you're not even looking his way, you ain't even trying to get him the ball. And I'm sorry, Michael gallab if look, if you're gonna drop the ball, if you're gonna miss your opportunities, granted he came back and caught some hell of the balls in double coverage tight, you know, but then when we need you to make a play, it's not there. We're not our playmakers. I'm sorry. I look over it on the other side from Philadelphia, and I look at a guy like Kenneth game Well, Ken game Kenned Gamewell. All of a sudden, we are Kenneth Gainwell sighting. He's jumping into the end zone. The running game is all these things are popping for guys that you would think, Oh man, their careers are passing. Come on, now, come on now, all of a sudden, Kenned Gatewell find ways to make plays.
Speaker 4: Man, I guys can't make plays. What's what's this grin for you? Just like listening to you, Just like listen to It's been so long. I just enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: No, no, okay, well let me keep going there because let me ask because I don't I don't play I don't play quarterback, Okay, so I don't want to get out here and judge the quarterback. I'm just thinking of my mindset, okay. On fourth down, gotta have it. Mojo moment, Mojoe moment.
Speaker 4: Gotta have it, gotta have it.
Speaker 2: I line up in my offense, lines up in two by two to the left, I got a first year guy tight end and the second year tight end to the right, I got Brandon Cooks and CD Lamb.
Speaker 4: Which side am I looking at? You already know you go to CD. What side am I looking as? I'm not a quarterback.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I got I got two veteran guys out here running pick routes and two young guys out here running pick routes. I'm looking at the veteran veteran guys first. I'm just I'm just looking over there, and if you do, if you do, you're gonna see a dude wide opening it in zone with his hands up, the guy that got two targets in the game. Bigger question is right there, guys, did y'all even consider that on fourth and one, that that maybe you should have kicked the field goal?
Speaker 4: That that did that? Ever? Did that ever dawn on you? In the football says you? Guys.
Speaker 2: Look, we talked ex's and o's all the time. Y'all always talk about the message that the coaches sending to the defense and to the offense.
Speaker 4: By what they do or they don't do. What did that? What did that say to your defense?
Speaker 2: Is that saying to your defense that, man, we better get it now because we don't think we're gonna get it back or we're in.
Speaker 4: A shootout right now? Is that?
Speaker 2: What? Is that? What?
Speaker 4: That's what? That's what the I'm asking.
Speaker 2: This is second time that's had. But I happened earlier in the season when when we were talking, I forgot what game it was. We're like, okay, we're not We're gonna go for on fourth down and we're gonna pay for it. At the beginning of the game, we decided that it was going to be that type of game where you where you look over at our sideline and we go for it on fourth down multiple times, and you say, well, we figured it's gonna be one of them type of games, right your offen, your coaching staff decides that we're going to start risking it. These are big time moments. Were going for it on fourth down. They only can bleed into the second half, so I didn't expect them to start kicking field goals. Then you already put it in your mind and in your team's mind that we're going foot on fourth down. So now I'm expecting no field goal. Throw about the Brandon Cooks throw it to him. I was.
Speaker 3: I sat in the office and said, all right, kick the field goal, get your points, because at this point time in the game, ten minutes in the fourth quarter, felt like I felt like at that point in time, you still had time to go down and you know you had more opportunities.
Speaker 4: That was just my thought. But then our schoolmaker made the touchdown. Then you looked up, well, didn't make the touchdown. So yeah, that was my thought.
Speaker 3: Kick field goal. I'm that's my thought. But I'm normally gonna be that guy. This is the league now, everybody's been hanging out with your boy a like.
Speaker 4: Field goals are a bad thing.
Speaker 3: If your defense is what you think your defense is, and they played well enough, you're gonna get the ball back again.
Speaker 4: That's me.
Speaker 3: But this is an epidemic through college and pro football right now. We gotta go forward all day long. And why the big criticism of schoolmaker didn't run it deep en up.
Speaker 4: And then you have people pump it's a rookie.
Speaker 2: You've got two bets on opposite put it in his hands to not run if you're gonna go fun on fourth down and you're not gonna kick a field goal mojo moment. You got guys on your team who you know need to be trying to who have to touch the ball, and this and this. It happened multiple times this game, multiple times, and it happened previous games when you had Michael Gallup lined up at the extraceiver, when you got Cede Lamb and going forward and on fourth in the big time mojo moments, and you're not getting it.
Speaker 4: So let me ask this question.
Speaker 3: Putting that on the quarterback, putting it on a play call, where does the blame.
Speaker 4: Lie for Danny mccrant for which one you talking about? Schoolmaker ain't an lot to you. I'm putting that on the quarterback.
Speaker 2: I know as a quarterback who I got out there on the right, and I know that they are man. The man are pretty much zero coverage because you're on the goal line. Yeah, I know we running pick or I'm looking at the I'm looking at my star guy CD almost got two hundred yards of the game. I'm at least looking over there.
Speaker 4: At least you want some trust. Time proofing consists.
Speaker 2: Brandon Cooks, I know he know how to, I know he knows what he's doing, but I ain't look at them all games. So maybe that's why I'm gonna look over at the tight end. But me as a quarterback, who do I have faith then to make this play? I'm looking to the right at my at my at least in CD lamb. But you know he didn't And that's and and that's what it is. When he was an inch away from scoring, and so you know it's we splitting hairs there. But I'm still looking over there at my two veteran guys.
Speaker 4: Gentlemen, man inches, we know it's just about time. It's about time. Good run it.
Speaker 2: I want you to make it, Like do you have any anything like for why it didn't go that way?
Speaker 4: Like why that's on the quarterback?
Speaker 5: That's on the quarterback hundred percent, man, Because as a coordinator, you're gonna put it in the hot hands. And at that moment, Da Prescott was firing on all cylinders.
Speaker 4: He was rolling. So you, as a coordinator, you're gonna be like, you know what, I'm gonna roll with him.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna roll with him and think that this guy is gonna make the best decision for our team going forward, and what had happened, you know, like you just said, he looked to the side that wasn't ceedee lamb and and course. And so to me, that's on him because as a coordinator you can only put the call out there that you can't You can't tell him where to throw in all this, he's eight years, eight year in the NFL. You can't tell him where to go with the football. You gotta trust that that man is going to make the best decision for the team. Can I argue.
Speaker 4: If Schoonmaker runs it deeper in the end zone, it's a touchdown. I don't care if he scores this.
Speaker 2: This is what what you should be doing, not just in this game, but throughout the season when you get into those big time moments, is.
Speaker 4: Lean on your star players.
Speaker 2: If you lose the game by going to your star players, you lost the game by going to your star players. If you lose the game because you did it, then that makes you. That means you made a mistake. But the thing is, I mean, you're talking about the bottom line of it, and I agree with you. You go to your playmakers and the mojo moment the games on the line. You want to make sure that you give it to the guys that you know gonna make the players. There's no second guessing whether or not Ceedee Lamb or Brandon Cooks can make the play. You question whether Schoolmaker or Ferguson can make that play, but truthfully that he made the right decision based off of where the pressure was. But pressure, I'll be damn, I'm with you. This man is wide open right here. This is a it's a wide open Brandon Cooks in the end zone. It don't get no easy than that. If I'm going to school Maker, I'm thinking that he has the wherewithal dog?
Speaker 4: You you got it answer, bro?
Speaker 2: Just the thing is, that's just split like I'm not even that's splitting hairs, Bro. That is because of replay and how close you can get. That's here, that's here shouldn't even been in that situation. It's a good play. He made the catch. He came up short, you know, a couple of inches. I just wouldn't even look that way?
Speaker 5: Can I Can I tease the next segment because the play we got taken break we got teasing it.
Speaker 4: With all that.
Speaker 5: Being sife, this team still had an opportunity to win the game twenty five yard line, twenty seven seconds left.
Speaker 4: What do we think of the final drive? Here? Coming up?
Speaker 2: Next?
Speaker 4: Come on next? Heret that is.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboy with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Hi. I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Ptaya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Vernola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie Bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at nflshop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 4: There is no eye in Dallas.
Speaker 9: There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter, and there's no eye in how about them Cowboys? Smeirenov knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that it is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home or away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 4: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Tis the season for youth football and dance camps, presented by him VISI Line. Don't miss your chance to learn for the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders a former NFL players at and T Stadium on December twenty second and twenty third. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys Red Shirt today at Dallas Cowboys dot Com Slash Camps.
Speaker 4: Yeah rightister today, man, come on out, come on out.
Speaker 2: We'll be feeling good about the twenty second twenty third Okay, and they're gonna be feeling good about twenty second twenty third. That's me right there at a T t MS. Mccraig's birthday is twenty second, okay. Yeah, not make it work to please make it work.
Speaker 4: Please last brought to you by Please come see me, please, Craig, Ma Harrison, Barry Church.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's a lot of frustration, dwelling and frustration.
Speaker 4: We go around here, but not me. Weekend for you, not me, not me, not me, not me? Got me pulling for l s U.
Speaker 2: You know she like to rub it in the only time he wanted text me at night time when he got something to say. This bad Nick Saban must be the greatest coach all time. I say, I ain't heard from the dude in two weeks. Won't text me.
Speaker 4: Heard from me? Since I can't get Haye Bryan? Seen you the how you doing? None of that? He Nick? Samean coach all the time? Nice hear from you?
Speaker 7: Do it?
Speaker 3: It's true, man, It's true. All right, Okay, you want to get into the final draft. I would love to hear just what do we think? Are you sitting on your horse over there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: He did his hand subjects.
Speaker 4: What do y'all think we're only talking about the last round?
Speaker 5: I mean segments we did earlier in the season, the whole last drive, right, I mean I got nail bow drive, all the penalties in the sack. Whatever you want to go, wherever y'all want to go, because because who does it fall? That's why, who does it fall? For not getting the job done? Because from what I've been told in this very same podcast room, if you got that coordinator, and you got that quarterback and you got the ball, you should make something happen.
Speaker 4: Can I start? Go ahead? My brother? Okay.
Speaker 3: Sally Jenkins Washington Post were a very good column on Bill Belichick, and she says she talked to him about his philosophy, and when I read this last night after the game, like this explains why the Cowboys can't get it done, Bill said to her, the number one thing is unforced errors. It doesn't matter who you're playing. They don't even have to be out there. If you can't do things properly without resistance from an opponent, you're in trouble.
Speaker 4: Start with that.
Speaker 3: Once you eliminate things like penalties, turnovers, mental errors, you just go out there and get a play called and run it the way you're supposed to run. Until then, until you can do that, there's not much of a chance to win. The Cowboys consistently beat themselves. The head coaches at fault because you're sitting around here penalty city all day long, guys not reporting going and tear still needs help. You ain't helped to do it all day long. Quarterback deserves the damn blame here too. We're talking about where are you're going with the football. You're a part of the problem. Just like with Tony Romo. I always say Tony Romo wasn't the problem, but you're a part of the problem because you're around it. This stuff starts from the top down, and it's been this way for a long time since.
Speaker 4: I had here. But we've seen this operation.
Speaker 3: The same old stuff, the same old bull nine. Nah, what have you seen? You got the ball at the first and yeah, the ball of the sixth. Next thing you know is third and.
Speaker 4: Twenty six from the twenty seven. This is how you get beat.
Speaker 3: People could talk about, well, you know when Schoolmaker was being held, Oh they picked up the flag, this and that. After all that, you had an opportunity to get it done, and what did you do.
Speaker 4: It's the same old thing we see around here.
Speaker 3: Man, And I combat that with what I've just been covering.
Speaker 4: With the Rangers in the World Series.
Speaker 3: They played excellent defense, they didn't beat themselves. I watched Arizona go out there and beat themselves with unfor worst airs. You can't sit around here if you want to play and win a champion and be a champion and do stupid stuff. Line up offside false start here getting sacks, delay of games.
Speaker 4: It's a consistent thing of what they've been able to do. And how many times, well we're gonna clean that up? Well just a couple. How long are we hearing that? That's why I had no hope, Um, no more.
Speaker 3: They can't sit around here, dude, I want an Emmy for that commentary. No pusher coming to me with none of that anymore, because this is what they do.
Speaker 4: So when you sit up here, you watch it. When I read this about battle Chick, it's just real. It ain't hard.
Speaker 3: You can't beat yourself. It's tough enough in this league, but you're out here beating yourself. Philly was asking you to beat them. They asked you to beat You got your kicker. Hey, I don't care if you kicked the ball fifty one yards, but you kick it out of boundary, getting the ball to forty online.
Speaker 4: With short field hold on, and you want to just keep going back into that.
Speaker 2: You get a guy, You get a guy who comes in here on a touch back, on a touch back and go out there and get a.
Speaker 4: Face mask penality.
Speaker 2: And each time, each one of those scoring drives started at the fourth and so you can't give a championship level team that kind of feel position to start. But it doesn't matter which coach, Belichick, Noel Landry, all the coaches worth their salt are gonna say the same thing.
Speaker 4: You can't beat yourself. It's in execution.
Speaker 2: The last time we see Mike McCarthy in a situation where they need this team needs to execute, it always ends in a blunder. Everybody's sitting there going, Okay, you got an opportunity to win the game, but you don't trust what the execution are you gonna have. Is there gonna be a sense of urgency to get to the line of scrimmage? Do you have the proper calls on to execute these players can't be if you're throwing the ball. Come on, it can't be because oh, just to address your uh, the end of the game.
Speaker 4: Okay, we listen. Can we just get to the last play.
Speaker 2: Let's start with the last play, the last play, would the ball doesn't go to the end zone?
Speaker 4: How about that? Can we start there?
Speaker 2: You got one shot to win the game, right and you have to score a touchdown, and you thought about short of the goal line. Let's start with that. Let's start with that. All right, Terren, still listen. As much as we want to say, get help and all that, I understand. You got to go out there and play. You are the starting right tackle that got some money to go out there. You go, Chaz Green, You're not Chaz Green. Ain't no nobody came in and was hurt or none of that. At some point in time, you got to go out there and you got the and you got to stop a guy. If how Sun Riddick is eating your lunch, Let's not act like how I saw Riddick.
Speaker 4: It's just something Joe blow somebody right here. The real did.
Speaker 2: Okay, So how sound Riddick isn't out there playing around, regardless of that, regardless of him getting paid. Get that man some help. And it was showing through the pressures. It was showing through the sacks that we can that they were giving up.
Speaker 4: We can. Man. We could be on Dak all day and all night. He was under pressure the entire game.
Speaker 2: That's not a quarterback in the NFL that can maneuver and do the things that we're asking Dak to do under that kind of pressure. I'm sorry, but we're gonna we're gonna continue to pour on him. And ask him in these championship moments to win us the game. And that's what he's not doing. And that's what that's that's where the complainant.
Speaker 3: Is still twelve pressures, seven hurries for sat.
Speaker 4: Inside and outside.
Speaker 2: At this point, I'm just saying, we talking about chips inside it no matter what they were rushing to do that he was getting beat. You're gonna put it. You're gonna put a tight end out there, get beat five Wait my turn.
Speaker 4: You hate last time.
Speaker 3: So at this point in time, to me, the criminal act body head coach and you.
Speaker 4: Didn't help the guy.
Speaker 3: It's clear at this point in time he'd just stick him up. Kids and they they about and just and that look out. You didn't help him. And on the last drive, why sit out four people if you can't get them them, set out three and somebody protect him. You know, people like to sit around here run down Jason Garrett about what happened with Chaz Green. Okay, but what about this one? This is right there.
Speaker 4: To me, this is just as damn it, just as damning. The dude needed some help. It wasn't his day he.
Speaker 2: Needs I only disagree with that because terrerce terror Steel is our starting right tackle who we all said we have faith in, our starting five is together. At some point they do believe that this ain't no Chaz Green, this is Terrence still be his day. I'm not I feel I'm saying the reason the situation is different is because we knew before the game started that that that was going to be a problem with Chaz Green.
Speaker 4: This is not This is not.
Speaker 2: The same of like, hey man, we said, we all sating here on this on this podcast and said, hey, we believe it.
Speaker 3: What you talking about second half adjustments right in that adjustments, That's what baby, I'm dying.
Speaker 4: He's dying out there that gotta say. Somebody say something, help him, Help God.
Speaker 2: If you listening to help, let me just ask this though. On the on the other side, I know we've been in dan Quinn. We trust for a minute, okay, and I get it. Uh, we played, We played majority of the game, and I don't know that's for sure. In Man it looked like we stayed in Man in a situation, especially in that second half. And Deron Bland, Okay, it is excellent at what he's done. He's he is cutting edge in this league. And the pick six is that he had so far. But man, the man on Devonte Smith turned was the turning point. It was a turning point in the game because that signified y'all can't stop us. If you're gonna leave him on an island like this, we're gonna do this all day. And I gotta give jaylen hurstman, who people not talking about. He played an efficient game. He got it done the way he needed. Look, if you guys are gonna take us away man to man and y'all gonna turn y'all back on me, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna sneak out of the back and I'm gonna get a first down.
Speaker 4: Even with a bum leg, all right, even with got to come back to that one. I got it. So you saying it was it was d run Blane, Man, it wasn't just the run Blaine. You talking about the touchdown throat? Yeah, let's that was that was that was. That was a pass. Bro Let's let's let's let's okay. Yeah, my man, bad get it back here right.
Speaker 3: There, right there, because because because I pack was started, let's let's get the group thought bad.
Speaker 4: Danny mccraig, Barry Church.
Speaker 3: Let we scrutch players Lounge frought you by til Steedo's on the Monday after Cowboys lose to the Philadelpha Eagles. Right here Dallas Cowboys dot Com Media.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss and All collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot Com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 2: Hi. I'm Danny mccraid, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new, decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Ptaya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate Hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Jack Black and right.
Speaker 7: Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy witball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know him in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 7: Pres Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 1: Back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Get a frame worthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star presented by Monument Realty. Santa Claus will be at his Cowboy Themecottage in the Star District from November eighteenth through December twenty fourth. Book your visit before December ninth and save five dollars with Cold Star five. Visit the Star District dot com slash centa for more information.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Heck Maharsonior.
Speaker 3: In the Players Lines brought to you by Tostitos, Barry Church d joining us right here, Scrutch and U. Cowboys Go Down twenty eight twenty three.
Speaker 4: This got this don't sound like the more victory podcasts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I heard a lot of that today.
Speaker 4: I do on podcasts. I'm just talking about around some people. Yeah, they played well, they didn't get beat there. They din't get pulled off.
Speaker 2: Who cares? They lost? Neither did the Washington Commanders when they played the Eagles eight.
Speaker 4: So he lost. Who cares.
Speaker 3: I've been baseball, and so I've been a whole different, whole different way and stuff. Come back here and it was closing well out there, But no, do do it?
Speaker 2: Do not?
Speaker 4: There is no try.
Speaker 2: What is the what was the theme of the we went and took it? What was the something? What was the thing for baseball?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Take it, go take it. But you made mistakes right there. You know, you made a bad pitch, you made it. It was costing you. So guys were on point. You had to be detail oriented when you're gonna get beat. And some somebody, you know, somebody goes down, somebody else stepped up.
Speaker 4: Then I come look over here.
Speaker 2: This week, but we got to stop lining up off side like these are just bad, like a sign of bast stuff.
Speaker 4: Bro. And it's stayed. But it's been staying that way.
Speaker 3: I mean back, go back to Patrick Crankon and Tony Romo not making that, not making the reception. We we're from coaches on down here the line man, we keep seeing this stuff.
Speaker 4: God, they beat themselves. They keep making the mistakes.
Speaker 3: So Karthy, you got, you got Uncle Wade, you got Jason.
Speaker 4: It's just what it's just been. It's been. It's what we used to.
Speaker 2: Man, Jason, Jason Kelsey number sixty two. Man, right now, give min jacket right now, Just let him take it. Man, he's I mean, he's one of the best at what he does. And I'm seeing this guy. Man, he gets his hands inside on you, he's gonna raged all you. It doesn't matter. And I kept saying, you know, we were talking about putting Michael out.
Speaker 4: On other people. You know what will happen if we put him.
Speaker 2: On other Don't put him over sixty two. You want to null five, number eleven, Don't put him over number sixty two. When y'all see him again December eight, don't put him over number sixty two, please anywhere.
Speaker 4: But that about the wild card now, No, I'm talking about when we play here Sunday night.
Speaker 3: About right, man, wild two and a half back range for a wild card. I mean, you know you can get.
Speaker 2: It's gonna it's gonna come down, and we're gonna see it. Obviously, we're gonna may end up running to Philadelphia. Again, we're touring. We're doing a half back right now, we're doing a half back. What do you mean you don't think the Cowboy is gonna make it to the playoffs. No, I ain't saying that. I don't know how we're talking about. Philly might get the first round by so I don't know, y'all know, I don't know what.
Speaker 4: To see him again? Yea again December ten, about five I'm talking about in December the night I want to I want to know this.
Speaker 2: I want to know this. I want to know this. And yes, I'm still listen. It's still on my mind. Okay, why why it's this? When you line up in three pin one against the team is going to play man, your expectation for the extra receiver is to be in single coverage.
Speaker 4: Is that correct? So who should you put at your ex receiver?
Speaker 2: Your top guy, second, second, best guy, you know, somebody who you really got confidence in that could really get open. And put some person who was the guy in that place. It was Dave October and before that it was Michael Gallop. And I'm just I'm just trying to find like, I'm trying to figure out if you are really trying to get all of your real weapons involved in the game or not, or if you're just running or you're just running the scheme, because when you line up at three point one, a team says, we can dictate who you're gonna throw the ball to. We can show you man to man, and that means you're gonna throw the ball to the backside right what your backside guy is not nobody who were scared of, So we can show you that we're finna play man the man over there, and we could we could do whatever we want to, and then we could play three on two form whatever we want to over your two best guys. And we saw that in the game and we threw it backside the Jaalen toe. It just don't make sense to me. Like he is a good receiver, he made some big time plays, he ain't made it to the point to where when the game is on the line, that's where I'm going.
Speaker 4: He ain't made it there.
Speaker 2: When I saw that lineup, I was thinking Washington Redskins, Washington Commander's game. When they came out in that mesh concept and they had those rub routes and they end up getting off a guy that was free that's what I thought. Maybe they saw something on film they were trying to execute.
Speaker 4: That's the only.
Speaker 2: Reason why you leave Jalen Tobd over there and you're trying to get something else going. That's that's that's just I don't know. That's what I took from just from film stuffy, And.
Speaker 5: The only thing I could think of is, Man, if you do have CD out there, maybe it's you know, the corner in that post safet or whatever can easily double team.
Speaker 4: And maybe that's the case. But even if that's the.
Speaker 5: Case, you ain't putting Tolbert over there to be Cooks over there to force them. If that's one on one covers, then you got Cooks one on one with a guy going deep.
Speaker 4: I'd rather that then no offense.
Speaker 5: But my boy's Obert out there one on one, like you said, he's just not to that level yet to where he can be like I'm the guy in this position when you got so many other people that have been proven in that position to make plays available. And that just comes down to once again, you know, either play calling or skinematic, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 4: They got to get better.
Speaker 5: And Mike McCarthy, he's done a good job so far this season of getting CD Lamb in the football. I will say that, especially these past couple of games, he's been on fire when he's getting this. Once he said I'm not getting the ball. Yeah, he was like, you know, I'm gonna make this guy my number one priority. But then after that, you you got to be able to make a match because teams are gonna continue to, you know, put more and more people towards CD Lamb, so you're gonna have to make these other guys win one on one and City Lamb finished the night eleven catches, one hundred and ninety two.
Speaker 4: I mean, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: It was a crazy performance, but something about it was like, man, you almost went for two hundred yards. I would expect for them to be more like Boom plays, Like it was like, hey, he would eighty on one of those, something like gotten to the zone. When I looked up and realized that he didn't have a touchdown, it was like, I'm not calling empty calories or nothing like that. I just expected his impact, even though he had a hell of an imprint on this game, to be more. How do you ask a guy for more in a situation where he get one ninety two. But I need more from it because I'm not getting it from the other groups. I'm not getting it from nobody it Tom, does that worry y'all? I mean, because we've been talking about this red zone since what week two?
Speaker 4: Week one? Oh Man? Does that worry five zone? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean, and we talked about you can't have those type of numbers against the echelon teams. You can get away with it with the giants, suggests patriots of the world, should.
Speaker 2: You have been four or five in the re zone, it could have easily been four or five in the reds on. Like, you got to capitalize when you have the opportunity to make those plays, all right, And this, the CD Lamb thing bothered me just a little bit because it seems like that's all you got, and I don't believe that's all you got. Turfing is a weapon out there, all right, He's proven that he could make some plays. And I mean, I'm just gonna keep on saying, like, you got guys out there who you can get the ball to?
Speaker 4: And where's Tony Pollard? Man, I just feel so sick.
Speaker 3: We didn't even talk what man, let's pick the Monday night game. Okay, your boys are in action tonight.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: The Chargers are at the Jets, and the Chargers are three and a half point favorite. Give me, give me the Chargers twenty one twelve. Please see what you got. You got, I know you got the Jet.
Speaker 4: Give me the charge. It's gonna be closed at the Jets. At the Jets, it's gonna be give me a twenty four to twenty one. Man. Maybe I'm going with the Jets. Man, all right, exact will I think I picked the Jets on Friday. I'm sticking with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going with the Jets. Man, I'm gonna go back to sauce. I'm going just twenty four, twenty four to twenty nineteen thirteen. I think solid and the defense, I think they have a day.
Speaker 4: All right, let's end it there, guys. Let's get back tomorrow. Let's get back tomorrow. Gear up. The Giants are coming to town. Daniel Jones has been ruled out for Man, don't nobody want to talk about Dan Jones.
Speaker 2: We're gonna pump. We're gonna pump up the win after I lost. Recommend goodbye, jeezuz.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club