Speaker 1: I can speak. Can you put your microphone in front of your face so people can hear you speak? My microphone?
Speaker 2: Oh? Which one?
Speaker 1: That one above your head? On that one?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hey there you are. Hey everybody, Hey, buddy, brighter. I know that it's really weird. Look at these cameras.
Speaker 2: Hold on, it's do guys with his bar just a ball?
Speaker 1: Sounds like parting the view you.
Speaker 3: What is Scott gonna say? Okay, well, they're just okay, they'll.
Speaker 1: Be yep, I'll just stop it again. Okay, what's up, buddy?
Speaker 2: Not much.
Speaker 1: Look at these cameras.
Speaker 2: They are shnazzy, as the kids might say.
Speaker 1: They're a little Can we take that out? What shnazzy? As the kids might say snazzy? No, they would say it's busting.
Speaker 2: You're not allowed to aver say that word in my presence ever.
Speaker 1: Okay, but shnazzy is not. First of all, it's snazzy.
Speaker 2: No, it's shnazzy.
Speaker 1: What's today today is?
Speaker 2: Let me turn this a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's one day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh it's brighter the first year.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like this better. It's Monday, June twenty First. This is Serial Killers, episode one eighty four. Welcome aboard.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love this angle because you can really see what Scott's done to the place in my absence over COVID. Take a look at what used to be my desk. All of this used to be my desk. Only if you're watching on YouTube, I guess you can see it. But Scott has basically become AMC hoarder status AMC TLC. I thought it was AMC American American Movie Classics.
Speaker 1: No, it's TLC, but I thought.
Speaker 2: But it's not because it's on the Intervention Channel.
Speaker 1: Right, that's cool. Well, okay, it's all this any.
Speaker 2: Hoarder status boxes everywhere, crap from a year and a half ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, you put the Elvis durand twenty fifth anniversary shirts there. That's the bag of milk just came.
Speaker 2: Send them out.
Speaker 1: I sent out all the ones I was supposed to send out. That vitacous box just came yesterday. We accidentally opened it in Elvis's man and I have to send it to him. And the box underneath it is, oh, it's a cereal for today.
Speaker 2: If I wanted to sit at my desk right now, how could I? You could not exactly?
Speaker 1: Well, you know you're not here, So if you come back here, I'd be happy to clean it up. Okay, this is serial killers. Let's talk about cereal. Yay, how about a brand new one? Andrew? Sure your favorite flavor of checks would be? I don't know what I have? I like regular? What's regular?
Speaker 2: Just corn?
Speaker 1: Oh? Corn?
Speaker 2: Corn?
Speaker 1: Checks? That's not regular box, that's corn. That's a flavor.
Speaker 2: That's corn. Oh, that's corn, I'm Scott. That's corn.
Speaker 1: A new one just came out, Andrew. Well, that's corn. A new one just came out, Andrew. It's one that you thought they had but they never did. It's in a green box, which also corn is in but this is a different green green. What do you associate with the green color in flavor town? Uh?
Speaker 2: Frosted?
Speaker 1: No, let me just get it Christmas. It's a lime green box.
Speaker 2: Oh? Got apple line pie?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's apples. It's apple cinnamon Checks. Isn't that sweet? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm excited. This is gonna be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And look, Christy Tagan's on the back with a Chex mix recipe to make with this, and it looks delicious.
Speaker 2: Is Christy Tgan still canceled? Can we still?
Speaker 1: Well? She's she's been pre printed on the checks box. She's got to go for a while.
Speaker 2: So maybe this could be a collector's item if she's still canceled by the time this airs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they are. She and John Legend. John Legend have been on the Chex boxes since like the holidays.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah, we're probably gonna get some rando's being like, oh, hey, Christy Tagan, I'm sorry I met her once.
Speaker 1: She was wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not saying that my one experience, you know, is her entire personality.
Speaker 1: But oh, Andrew, do you know who makes checks?
Speaker 2: General Mills.
Speaker 1: I heard some wonderful news about General Mills, General Mills, Kellogg's post.
Speaker 2: All of our friends, guess who did their job?
Speaker 1: This guy?
Speaker 2: You got a dip pointing to me if.
Speaker 1: You're listening, you got us on the Kellogg's list too, Yes, really.
Speaker 2: Yes, they sent me their pr contact and we're like, just reach out to them, by'll send you some stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, so far we've gotten nothing. So I'm glad that you're doing things. But let's wait and see.
Speaker 2: Dude, this is literally two days ago. This is gonna air two weeks from now, so it's gonna sound like I didn't do anything for two weeks. I told you this two days ago. Don't be that person. It's corn. I'm Scott.
Speaker 1: It's corn. Andrew forgot to bring milk like I requested, so he just went down to the corner little store.
Speaker 2: Oh for a second, I thought you had milk, and I was about to like, I would have shut the cameras off.
Speaker 1: You paid how much for this?
Speaker 2: Six dollars?
Speaker 1: That's insane?
Speaker 2: It is insane. I mean this milk usually cost I'd be like three dollars a lot.
Speaker 1: Well, if you get a half gallon of just regular old milk, it'd be about three dollars. This in a normal store is probably about four ninety nine.
Speaker 2: I almost got the farmland one, but the problem is it was like a little farmland, wet farmland, farmland, dairy farmland.
Speaker 1: This one's wet as well. It's not making fun of the way I speak, Andrew. It's not becoming.
Speaker 2: It's not becoming. But you're the one who's able to be like, excuse me, it said almond.
Speaker 1: I'm Scott. Pinky up two percent organic milk. Let's check this out.
Speaker 2: It smells great.
Speaker 1: I was excited for it when I saw the picture.
Speaker 2: It smells delicious.
Speaker 1: Again. It smells and tastes just like Quaker Oats apple cinnamon instant oatmeal.
Speaker 2: High to the box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, does that mean you're gonna take it? Yep? Thank you. This was a treat. I give this five balls.
Speaker 2: I love this so fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a cereal that our executive producer Diamond could eat because it's gluten free.
Speaker 2: I'm going no apple pieces are in this right?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has such a great apple taste.
Speaker 1: That's really the cinnamon I think that you're tasting.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: This is so good.
Speaker 2: I cannnot recommend this highly enough. Five balls to go, four.
Speaker 1: Balls in a spoon. It's really good. But I reserve my five bowl cereals for cereals that are actually five balls. Okay, who are all these people walking in? Why are there's so many people here? What is going on right now? It's a tour? I guess No, they don't. We're not doing tours. Now, it's a tear Okay, now I'm thrown off. Are you serious? I have to be completely honest with you, Andrew, what I'm gonna tell you because you're like everything. But I'm not prepared for this episode. And the guy that says, why aren't you ever prepared? I'm sorry, I'm not prepared. You came in. I was still working. I don't even have the cereals picked for this episode. Okay, I apologize. That's all we're gonna keep going. I mean I have more cereal, I just didn't put them all. Usually I line them up and I know what we're gonna do in each episode.
Speaker 2: So I'm enjoying the on the flyness. It's better than you sitting there and given. You know, an old stoop story. Well, you know, back in the eighties, this was all the rave.
Speaker 1: You don't know rave that used to be hairspray in the eighties. Oh really yeah, my mom still uses aquinet plus. I believe it's all the rage anyway. Whatever. My favorite checks is chocolate checks.
Speaker 2: I have to say, outside of corn cereal, I'm really enjoying this apple cinnamon one.
Speaker 1: I entertained the troops for one second. I'm going to go back to that box there, and that's what we're going to do next. Okay it might well, well you'll see Happy Birthday two, Happy Birthday too.
Speaker 2: That was my Marilyn Monroe. Did you like it?
Speaker 1: I loved it. Happy birthday, mister President. Okay, So about a week or so ago, somebody a kind soul reached out to us on Instagram and said, hey, ever heard of this cereal? You ever tried it? And I said, no, we would love to try it. It's their company. How nice look, how cute their family is? H right? So it's Three Wishes cereal.
Speaker 2: And I'm just going to ask you flat out. Can I see their picture really quick?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Oh? I guess yeah, I can see it on the camera. They look like a lovely family. Is this a bean cereal?
Speaker 1: I haven't done much reading about it yet, however, it is one of those you know online type cereals.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I told them I would love to give them a shot. I said, thank you so much, but please, please don't be mad if we don't like it.
Speaker 2: And what did she say?
Speaker 1: She said, Okay, I won't be mad, but you will like it. It even says on the back, pretty good for a healthy cereal. Huh, best wishes?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm willing to give this a chance, and I am sorry to this family if I am not a fan of it.
Speaker 1: So they sent us Fruity three Wishes okay, and Cocoa three wishes. Okay, which one would you like to try? First?
Speaker 2: Let's do chocolate.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a grain free cereal more protein less, sugar, gluten free. Okay, all right, okay, could I just look at the ingredients chickpea, tapioca, pea protein, organic cane, sugar, cocoa, natural flavors, salt. And here's the kicker andrew beans, monk fruit.
Speaker 2: Now what is the family called?
Speaker 1: What are their names? They're on the box here?
Speaker 2: Okay, three wishes the wish and grads that's their last name, yep, three even there.
Speaker 1: Look they're on the box two wishing grads.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm really going to give you guys a chance.
Speaker 1: I want it so bad. It's so bad. You know our history with peas and monk fruit and beans. Yeah, but can I give you a little guess what this is going to be. It's going to degrade at first, yeah, then it's going to go to hell. I know, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: Honestly, though, let's give a quick round of applause to a family of entrepreneurs.
Speaker 1: Though it's not.
Speaker 2: Easy, especially during these times, and you guys went out and made a cereal.
Speaker 1: I what a good looking family too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, regardless of how this tastes, I salute you guys and congratulate you because you guys are awesome.
Speaker 1: It looks like there's also honey and unsweetened unsweetened. Thank you for not sending us the unsweetened one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what would an unsweetened cereal be?
Speaker 1: Just not just kind of like cheerio ish? I guess rank. I don't really. I don't want to be rude. I don't want to be rude. I will do my best to not be rude. Breddy Andrew one two three. I will say, as far as these type cereal go, this one is not the worst. I completely agree with you, and I'm just waiting for that taste to kick in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it hasn't hit yet.
Speaker 1: Slightly, ever so slightly, because it's the ones that stevia that really kick your ass. Yeah, this one with the monk fruit, it's okay. And I believe it's because there's also actual cane sugar in it. Mmmm, so it's not horrendous. I completely agree. Let me test the milk good cocoa taste.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say, usually, like the bean cereals, it goes sour real quick. Yeah, it's not great this doesn't go that way, And so you know what I'm going to give you guys, two bowls and spoon.
Speaker 1: And the cocoa flavoring has actually stayed on the cereal pieces, so true. Look, there's just a little hint of cardboard at the end. Yeah, but for a healthier cereal, it's not terrible. I'll give it three balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is probably the best healthy cereal I've had. And I'm actually looking forward to the fruity one.
Speaker 1: And I didn't spit it on the window, so true. Wow, And the fruity one's same type of stuff. Chickpea, tapioca pea protein, organic cane sugar, natural flavor, is vegetable juice for color. And there's the dreaded monk fruit. Have you ever had like a monk fruit? I don't even know what a monk fruit looks like. I don't either, I have no idea. Isn't even a think? Can you buy it in the supermarket and eat it? Where did I put my phone? I don't know. I'm millennial with that. You know what, I noticed? You hadn't looked at your phone this whole time.
Speaker 2: Wow. And I've been so connected to the ode, right.
Speaker 1: They say good things come in threes. I got me. As luck would have it, so do we. Our family of three wished for a cereal that everyone in the house could love. Imagine a tasty cereal that's high in protein, low in sugar, with healthier ingredients. Until now, most cereals have been made from grains. We had a different vision, one that uses nutrient rich plant based ingredients and nothing else. Although it took a little more than just wishing, the cereal of our dreams is here. Andrew, do you want to start your day with three wishes?
Speaker 2: Sure? Do you want me to name them?
Speaker 1: I guess they don't come true. You wish you weren't here right now? That's one.
Speaker 2: No, I wish I was here.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it came true.
Speaker 2: I don't have two others.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is probably colored with like beets, you know, beat juice.
Speaker 2: Honestly, whenever I've done a juice cleanse, the beat one always is the worst. It's just so gritty, Like I never have I come across a good beat. Yeah, maybe in a salad, But I don't like beets.
Speaker 1: Yeah they taste like dirt, right, Yeah, they're pretty, they're pretty uh earthy, rugged earthy like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, earth earthy taste.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go with that. So this one is supposed to be fruity, let's see.
Speaker 2: Thank you yep, Okay, I'm liking this. That's a really good start.
Speaker 1: I just smell milk, all right, here we go. It's fruity. I mean it's not fruit loopy, but it's fruity ish.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you. Don't hate that. Actually like that. I'm gonna give this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give this three bowls. It does have a good fruity flavor. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again, it's so interesting to eat this knowing that we've had like egg white cereal, other bean cereals that are just disastrous. Right, this actually has some flavor.
Speaker 1: It's nice. I will go three balls on it as well. Good job, Thank you, wishing grads. Yeah, seriously, we'll try the honey one too, if you want to send it. I will eat the honey one in two seconds.
Speaker 2: I love honey, but don't send the unsweetened Yeah, yeah, yeah, that we could do that.
Speaker 1: We want to give you guys good reviews, yeah, exactly, or crap. If it's crap, you know, that's.
Speaker 3: What we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're not gonna want us to pan a cereal.
Speaker 1: Right, But we are a truthful episode podcast, Yes, agreed, truthful podcast. What we're truthful podcast. We cannot be bought, Andrew, No, We've always said that that's right. So if you send us cereal, we appreciate it. But if it's crap, will say it's crap. And I mean, I guess even if we took advertising from cereal companies, we would still review the cereal truthfully. Yeah, I mean, they would stop advertising with us, but we would have to say it's.
Speaker 2: Not advertising if they're giving it to us for free.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying if we actually had a sponsor, like if General Mills was like, oh yeah, you know what guys, Yeah, love it. We're gonna pay you. So here's some Jojoe, see what cereal? Tell us how it is? Wink you know what I mean. Oh, that's on the way by the way.
Speaker 2: We'll come back to you like a boomerang.
Speaker 1: What Cereal on the way by the way in the next week or two or three, as soon as it comes our way, all right, Andrew, Cheerios, Yeah, Team Cheerios. Yes, coming. Lots of things coming into the next episode.
Speaker 2: Oh do you're not playing your jingle. A god, huh, I kind of like this new.
Speaker 1: Angle of you. Oh why I don't look as heavy.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying it looks. It makes it look you get the whole Cereal museum. People can I feel feel like they're in the studio with you?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah, it's the four D K camera. It's the four K four K Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 2: You can see this nice pimple I have here, this one over here. It's great ever since I like when it always happens at the beginning of summer, I get like a heat blister pimple on the side of my head.
Speaker 1: It's so hard. On the next Serial Killers, Yeah, on the next Serial Killers, it'll be a chocolate dipped flake. That's all I'm gonna say. Oh, that stupid thing is still playing, which is going to mess the audio up. But it's a chocolate dipped flake. Okay, so you'll see. Thank you for listening to this episode of Serial Killers. Have a great week. I think you might have a bull chat on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Oh you're getting a bull chant on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Whoa, No, maybe just listen and find out because you might not.
Speaker 2: No, you are yeah, whoa?
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks for listening to serial Killers have a great week.
Speaker 2: Chat every week.
Speaker 3: Whoa no whoo?
Speaker 2: Please you have these cameras, we can do them.
Speaker 1: Please follow us on all so platforms at serial KILLERSPC dot yes, no dot, Why don't keep doing the dot and dot yes? No it is no. Follow us on all social at serial Killers PC. Period. That's it. That's the end of the sentence.
Speaker 2: So I said period, follow us on serial Killers PC, yes.
Speaker 1: And uh.
Speaker 2: Do all the other things and listen to us. Wherever you're listening to your podcast, make sure you leave us a review. We love reading your reviews. I love reading your reviews. Your reviews are always so nice to me. I feel bad for Scott.
Speaker 1: He loves reading them when they're not nice to me.
Speaker 2: And listen, there's been an onslaught of nice ones to him.
Speaker 1: So I've been loving it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to improve myself. Andrew so doing the best, truly showing See you next week, everybody, Thanks for listening. Until then, say crunch Andrew cor crunch. What's your second wish? I don't have one.
Speaker 2: Third, I don't have one.
Speaker 1: Life is just so great. You have no wishes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what would I wish? For right now, I wish for more wishes