Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network, live from San Francisco.
Speaker 2: I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervb Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Let's get it off.
Speaker 5: Going, everybody.
Speaker 1: Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern and Sunday three Pacific, six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Today Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian.
Speaker 5: And it's Monday here on the show.
Speaker 1: And you know that means we got news about WWE counterprogramming. That's right, but they are not counterprogramming. Aw, they're actually counter programming this show here today. I think Raw is on right now, isn't it. So yeah, you can watch it or you can watch me. So what would you choose? We got the Raw lineup coming up for tonight, so go home show for Clash in Paris which is coming up this weekend.
Speaker 5: So we got a lot to talk about.
Speaker 1: There a lot of shows this weekend, including Forbidden Door and the heat Waves Show, but obviously the top story is what happened with Rajah Jackson, the son of Rampage At Jackson and independent pro wrestler Psycho stew We got a lot of news to talk about on this today, horrible story, and we got some updates on everything, so we're gonna talk about that, then we'll get into Forbidden Door and the NXT heat Wave Show. We got news talking new Japan Pro Wrestling and some changes to how things are done in aw storyline wise, that is, we got some international dates, a lot of other news to get into and uh, and that'll be today's show. Filthy Tom Lawler is going to join us. Looks like he's he's here. I should have confirmed that, but I just presumed he was going to be here. But there he is, So we'll have him on the show after the break and an update on his hip replacement surgery. I can see sitting down, so that's a good sign because he couldn't do that on last week when he checked in. But anyway, we got a lot to get into here today back in a moment with more wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 6: Give him.
Speaker 3: Save big during labor It Loaves. Get up to forty percent off select major appliances, plus buy more to get up to an additional twenty percent off. Shop even more savings with three Stay Green, one cubic foot vegetable and flour garden soil bags for ten dollars this labor Day. Take care of your home for less it loaves. We have you say bellot through nine to three. Soil Lawfare excludes Alaska Hawaii. Selection varies by locations. Select locations only while supplies last. Seelos dot com for more details.
Speaker 7: I am a non attorney spokesperson representing a team of lawyers who help people that have been injured or wronged. If you've been involved in a serious car trucker, motorcycle accident, or injured at work, you have rights and you may be entitled the money for your suffering. Don't accept an offer you get from an insurance company until you talk to a lawyer, and we represent some of the best personal injury lawyers. You can find tough lawyers that will fight to win your case, and they're so good they stake their reputation on it by only getting paid if you win. So if you've been in a serious car, truck, or motorcycle accident or hurd on the job. Find out today for free what kind of compensation you may be entitled to. Call the Legal Helpline right now.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred four oh one five to one sixty three, eight hundred four oh one five to one sixty three. Eight hundred four oh one five to one sixty three. That's eight hundred four oh one fifty one sixty three.
Speaker 8: I've got a question for you. Do you want a lower car payment just by making a phone call. You know, most people buy a car and they pay whatever the car dealer says their interest rate is, and they forget about it and make payments. But did you know there is a secret in your contract that allows another company to refinance any car payment to try and lower it. It's true. There is indeed a company out there that knows the inns and more importantly, the outs on car loans, and they know how to lower your current car payments. It's easy and fast, and you could have a lower car payment next month. Make this free call right now and find out if you could lower your existing car payment. Call the Car Savings Hotline right now. The call is free.
Speaker 6: Call now eight hundred six oh five one six eight oh eight hundred six oh five one six eight oh eight hundred six oh five one six eight oh let's eight hundred six oh five sixteen eighty.
Speaker 5: Are you a fan of paranormal radio?
Speaker 1: Bigfoot, UFOs, Ghosts, Hauntings, Cryptid's True Crime? After Dark Radio with Brian Alvarez. There's live on Sports Byline every Wednesday at two pm Pacific five Eastern, talking all manner of the strange and unusual, from the latest news of the weird to interviews with the top names in the field. After Dark is your source for paranormal radio. Check it out two Pacific five Eastern every Wednesday, live on Sports Byline USA.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back here on the show, I realize it's horrible that I just opened up this show laughing. But Tom sent me to his Twitter to see what was something that was not funny at all, which we're gonna get into in a moment. But as I was about to hit record, I scrolled a little further down and I saw the twenty twelve article you posted broke Tom Lawler gets forty grand Knockout of the Night bonus and UFC on fuel three.
Speaker 5: Wow, what a way to put you over you're broke.
Speaker 4: Well, the reason why that even happened is there was recently a fighter, Charles ener G Johnson, who, by the way, great nickname and even better haircut one A. He was an underdog, I believe this past weekend and won a big fight, got a bonus, and it was revealed that he was in the red in his bank account, and I was like, wait a minute, that actually happened to me in the past too, where I was in the red. I had to borrow money from one of my friends, Dan Fern, and.
Speaker 5: Did he work for NXT.
Speaker 4: No, okay, this is like a computer security guy.
Speaker 5: I just heard the name Dan Fern.
Speaker 4: I use an alias, ok. But anyways, I paid him back after the fight, just like this Charles Energy Johnson, fella is doing.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 4: I've been in the game for a while, Brian, I've been in the game not making any money for a long time.
Speaker 1: Well, you know you've kept at it, so congratulations. All right, we got to talk about a really serious situation. I don't want to joke about anything. So before we get into all of the updates today, in case some of you don't know what happened, there was a Knox Pro Wrestling show over the weekend, and to try to cut it down to like just the basics, Rajah Jackson, who's the son of Quentin Rampage Jackson. He went to the show with his video camera and he's got like a live stream that he does on.
Speaker 5: Kick.
Speaker 1: It's like the new one Kick, So he's like streaming on Kick. And before the show, he's in the back and all the wrestlers are hanging out and one of the wrestlers, Psycho Stu, goes up to him and he sees the camera and he presumes that Rajah Jackson is one of the workers, which he is not. He was just there at the show, and so they kind of do a little back and forth and Psycho asked him, you know who I am? And Roger's like, I don't know who you are. And Psycho thinks he's kind of messing with him because he thinks he's a worker. And so he's drinking a beer and he takes a beer can and he does like a a he crushes half the beer can on his on his head, and you know, Rajah Jackson later even he was like it didn't hurt, but he was mad because he didn't know why this guy hit him with a beer can. So he gets hot and all the other wrestlers kind of gather around and they're they're they start explaining to Stu, you know, this guy's he's not a worker, he's just here. And you know Raja's he's he's mad, and so they're trying to calm him down, and they're going, he thought you were a worker. He was just you know, we all mess around, we all and so Stu offers a handshake and Raja wants none of his handshake, and Stu apologizes. He says, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: He offers a handshake. Rojer wants none of it. So the one of the co owners of Knox It's Rakishi's promotion, Reno, says, you know what, let's do a spot tonight in the match. You can get involved in the match. He doesn't say anything about what he he just says, let's let's get together.
Speaker 5: And work out a spot. Okay.
Speaker 1: So then this other guy, aj Mana, he basically says, you get in there tonight and you can get your receipt on this guy. And as soon as as Raja hears I'm gonna get my receipt on this guy, I'm gonna get to hit him back. And then he's like, oh, let's shake hands, and he's all, you know, he's supposedly cool with this. So you know, he's filming this, this whole thing. This is not like she said, he said, she said, He's filming this whole thing. It's on the internet, like as of last night. It may not be there now for legal reasons, but as of last night it was still there. You can go up and watch it. So for the next two hours, Raja is filming himself as he goes to sit down at the show, as he walks around backstage, as he as he literally explains into the camera, I'm gonna hit this guy for real, and he starts, he starts going on kick and everybody on Kick is telling him like, you can't stand for that. You got to stand up for yourself. And so over the next hour he's getting more and more hot. He just keeps reading this chat and you know he's he's over and over again you know, talking about I'm gonna hurt this guy. I'm not gonna hurt him too bad, he says. But it's not gonna be scripted when I get in there. And so eventually, you know, the match is taking place. He's sitting at ringside and he ends up he ends up flying into the ring. He grabs this guy who doesn't fight like the guy thinks it's just gonna be some spot stew and he picks this dude up and he does like the MMA slam.
Speaker 4: It was like the booker t oh my god, where's it the slam that he would do. It's like an over the shoulder spine bluster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he slams this guy and this guy looks like he's out immediately. I don't know if he's selling, but he looks like he's out. And then Raja jumps on this guy and he punches him as hard as he can, full force in the face.
Speaker 5: Twenty one times.
Speaker 1: Now as this is happening, and I listen, let me let me say this, Let me just say something, hold on, hold on, because I'm gonna I will.
Speaker 5: I will say what you're expecting. But I want to say.
Speaker 1: This first, initially, last night. I was somewhat defensive of the other wrestlers in the ring because we're all watching the footage. We know what happened, we know what to expect. Nobody in there did. Okay, there was one guy who within about three seconds, he tries to break this thing up. It doesn't work, and finally all of the other guys get in and they drag him off after twenty one punches, and I was I was sympathetic because none of them had the benefit of knowing what was gonna happen. I don't know if anyone even knew the guy was gonna run in. A lot of them were probably in shock. However, you posted a video on your Twitter today.
Speaker 4: I'm sending you the full two minutes that I have right now.
Speaker 1: That I was completely unaware of last night. So as he is being pulled off and like half of the wrestlers have bowled him into the corner to get him off the guy.
Speaker 4: One guy is throwing shoulder tackles, one guy hit him with like a fake bag like that. The restraint on Rajah Jackson left a lot to be decided. There was one gentleman the epic who I will give credit to. He was outside the ring, and he's the one that ran in and at least restrained Rajah. He was throwing head butts at him. That he was the only one that I would give any credit.
Speaker 1: That guy is a hero. Okay, that guy's a hero. Now the I am absolutely appalled, aghast a disgusted dude.
Speaker 5: As there we.
Speaker 1: Only saw in the light in the in the video that Rajah put up, we only saw him being bowled into the like he's being he's in the corner, he's being restrained or whatever. That's what we saw. We didn't see what's happening in the ring. I presumed like everybody was bulling him into the corner. You have an angle whereas he is laying there with blood pouring out of his head, in his ears, choking air, his teeth in his blood. Someone covers him and the ref counts the pin.
Speaker 4: Disgusting what.
Speaker 1: Somebody covered him and the ref counted the pin. Yes, the ref counted the pin. The video is up on Tom's Twitter.
Speaker 4: Timmy Handsome is the ring name of the man who pinned Psycho.
Speaker 5: STU mean, go after Rajah.
Speaker 4: This is your first reaction is to pin the guy whose call was this was it his call. Did somebody tell them get on top of him and pin them? End it? What is going on here? And people are going ah, people are arguing with me saying I don't know the unwritten rules of wrestling. The show must go on. Listen, buddy, what about the rules of life? Okay, there's no hold on before you go, before you go into the rules of life?
Speaker 1: Who is telling you, like, listen, hey, if you want to tell me, okay, like, hey, I was a pro wrestler, but you're a pro wrestler and a UFC fighter. So who's telling you that you don't understand the rules of either business? Stand by Observer Life.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Life with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Bylineting Network.
Speaker 5: Right, I'm gonna let you go off.
Speaker 1: Don't swear, but I want to say one thing before we go any further. And that is as appalled as I was with that spot where the guy covered in the referee counted the pin. I do think that we need to remember what happened and who did what. You know what I'm saying, like, you can get mad at those guys all you want okay, but there's one guy who hit the ring and like did what he did, and that's that's Rajah Jackson.
Speaker 5: Now go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And by the same token, I've had a lot of people because I watched a portion of that hour forty five minute video that Roger Jackson had up or whatever it was, as I did, and I mean, he was disrespectful from the very beginning when he showed up kind of towards the whole event, I don't have tickets, blah blah, blah blah. He's trash talking his butty, which is you know, that's one thing, but then you know, talking about how he's gonna hit him for real. I mean, the entire thing is awful. But we had aj Mana, who I think is the one that brought him in, that brought Rajah Jackson to the show, a self proclaimed MMA fighter, stuntman actor, obviously a professional wrestler, here telling Rajah Jackson to get his receipt. You know what a receipt is, get a receipt, tag him. You know what, if they don't like it, I'll come out there. So he's already hyping him up, as you said on kick These twelve and fifteen year old kids are egging Amon to go fight, and he gets in the ring. He does that, and people are Any sort of vindication that people have for him, any sort of like backing, should be out the window. This man is an adult. He's twenty five years old. If Brian told me to go shoot on somebody that at the Christmas party, that doesn't give me carte blanche to do it. There's still repercussions that you have to face. And when I look at it, I've got to imagine this guy has never faced any repercussions. There's a video of Rampage Jackson just days ago on kick saying, you know what, I saved up money for my Asian kids to go to college, and I saved up money to bail Rajah Jackson out right, Yes, I mean we have it right there.
Speaker 5: This was before anything, before anything.
Speaker 4: Rampage Jackson afterwards makes a statement saying Psycho Stu's okay, which apparently I don't know where he got that information, because that does not seem to be the case. What I understand. He was in critical care according to his brother, and one of the biggest, one of the biggest concerns that Rampage Jackson has and all of his videos which you see over and over and over and over again. And hey, I'm a parent, I don't know how I would react if my son did something like this. I would be concerned for him, for sure. But he keeps asking is he gonna get kicked off off Kick? Is he gonna lose his account? Is he gonna get banned from Kick? Very little care for what happened to Psycho Stu. Now, Psycho Stu, I mean, I don't condone walking up to somebody and who's unprepared, you don't know, and whacking him in the head with a beer can or whatever it was, a soda can. Now clearly he was doing it in a worked manner. He thought that Raj Jackson was in on it. But this also, I mean, it's just a perfect storm of events that led to this. And then Raj Jackson leaves the guy who is dressed like a clown and a baseball outfit who was tackling him and throwing shoulder blocks in the corner. That guy gives chase to him, go after him, and then cuts a promo on him, cuts a promo on Rampage Jackson in front of the fans. That was, you know, one of his first actions not to go care for psychostu, not to go calm things down in the locker room and help there. Just a miss on so many levels. This was mishandled so so badly across the board. One of the worst things I have ever seen in professional wrestling or MMA for that matter. You know this, this man is supposed to be a trained fighter, he's owned one as a professional, but he brandishes himself as an MMA fighter. We we.
Speaker 5: Like it, as I mean, all the faults.
Speaker 4: We see a fighters, we don't see this very often.
Speaker 1: You mentioned this whole situation was mishandled, and you're correct, but like I want to, I want to point out that like you almost can't even say mishandled because there's nothing handled about it. Like I don't think of that entire stream there was like anybody.
Speaker 5: That told anybody what was gonna happen, Like I.
Speaker 1: Don't remember anybody him having any conversations about this is the spot that we're gonna do or whatever, Like he literally was just told go in and get your receipt. And you know, again, I'm still appalled by the cover and the pin.
Speaker 5: And everything like that.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I don't have any indication that anybody in the ring knew what was gonna happen. I mean, this dude, they who knows what anybody thought? There was no like, hey, no one thought this is what we're gonna do. This guy's gonna do this.
Speaker 5: You guys do that, you know? Make sure.
Speaker 1: I'm not even sure those guys were told. He said, I'm just gonna keep hitting him till I get pulled off. I don't remember seeing any indication that the other guys were told to pull the guy off.
Speaker 5: It was like it was like the Wild West.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, We're gonna have a match, just like you hit the ring and get your receipt and then like, you know whatever. It's like, where was I don't know, man, this whole thing right now Psychos. According to his brother Andrew Smith, says that he is in stable but critical care. So one of the wrestlers in an interview I think with like USA today, I've got it here somewhere, but he basically said that Stu was on his way home. Mallow it's his first name.
Speaker 5: Where is it here?
Speaker 1: Douglas Molow, one of the wrestlers who attended to intervene.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, Brian Bryan because because this is kind of off topic. When this happens, Roger Jackson gets a call, He gets a call from somebody at the show who says, man, you should have done that, you should have gone that far. He's in the ring flatlining and do you remember what Rogar Jackson said.
Speaker 5: My bad, I got a call.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'll call you back. What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, according to Well, Douglas Mallow had told USA Today that Smith was awake talking on Sunday, broken bones in his face, lost a lot of teeth, but then he went on read it and said he's going home. And then it was several hours later that Stu's brother posted on Facebook and said good morning, thank you for the outpouring of support. Stuart is conscious, does have some recollection of events from the day of the attack, but said that he was.
Speaker 5: In critical care.
Speaker 1: Now critical care, I mean that's the er and they're watching you like every moment to make sure you stay alive. So it's a serious, serious situation. And you know, yesterday Dave and I were talking about this and he said that Knox Pro wasn't an ID school, but they'd had ID talent. No, it wasn't ID school. It is now not an ID school. The the ID membership or whatever has been pulled. I don't know what else is gonna happen, but they're not an ID school now. And I mean you asked the question during the break, which was a good question. How are ID schools chosen? What does the vetting process? The vetting process appeared to be that Rakishi owned it. Other than that, I don't know what it was, you know, but if you watch the video, it's like, you know, the wrestlers are changing outside. There seems to be very little communication about what's going on on the show. This whole thing happened. It's like, I don't know, man, I don't know being investigated by the LAPD and what that means. Who knows. But I mean, here's a thing. If nothing happens, I don't know what to say about the LAPD because all of this is on film, every last second of it. Rampage. When he was doing his deal, he tried to claim that, well, you know, the guy hit him with a beer can and he was mad, and then this thing happened and tempers.
Speaker 5: That's not what happened.
Speaker 1: The beer can incident was followed by a handshake where Roger claimed that he was he was cool now. But then that was followed by two hours of him filming himself getting more and more agitated, flat out saying what he was going to go in and do. I mean, this was not like spur of the moment. I mean, he had two hours to think about it, and he only got more angry in that two hours.
Speaker 4: Rampage also mentioned that Roger Jackson recently had a brain injury from sparring, and that maybe the can shot to the head was part of the issue. But the multiple times are Roger Jackson says that didn't hurt it all, no.
Speaker 1: Problem, and and I mean and bright. We also have two hours of him seeming to be I mean, he's angry, but he doesn't seem like he's you know, he's just he seems quite angry. And he gets more and more angry the more he goes on kick the more he listens to that chat.
Speaker 4: And you said, what what is the LAPD gonna do? Right? What is the lap get LAPD gonna do? Probably the same thing that the Orange County Police Department did at the end of the day with Rampage Jackson when he went on that hit and run in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: This brushing under the rug, Well this guy does say, have no faith in the lapd Brian, Well, all I know is they've got plenty of evidence. I mean, the entire thing from start to finish was all filmed and it's out there everywhere. So this person here that says the schools are Booker t School, Cody School, Seth Rowland's school. It was Rakishi's school, and Elite Pro Wrestling, so doesn't appear there is a vetting process under then a w w E star owns a school. So all right back in the moth with more everybody observe alive.
Speaker 6: Okay, hear that? That's the sound of uncertainty lurking under your hood. You know the feeling I know, I do that sudden sinking sensation when you see a check engine light or your car unexpectedly breaks down and you're faced with sky high repair bill. It's time to shield against unexpected repairs with car Shield. Our shield as America is most trusted all a protection company and has an a rating with a Better Business Bureau. Don't let the fear of a breakdown keep you up at night. Trust the shield, car shield, and say goodbye to terrifying repair business and hello to peace of mind. Your plan also comes with twenty four to seven roadside assistance, courtesy tolling, rentle car options, and so much more. Don't wait till it's too late. Call Carshield now before a breakdown, protect your wallet, protect your car. With Carshield, get our best protection ever. Call now, you'll thank me later. Eight hundred two four seven sixty one three five eight hundred two four seven six one three five. That's eight hundred two four seven sixty one thirty five.
Speaker 9: Everyone watches more than five hours of television, really, and that's not counting mobile viewing. Get Dish TV and make that time worth it.
Speaker 5: With Dish you.
Speaker 9: Can get hundreds of channels, access to all kinds of sports, tons of movies, premium channels, and more. Another thing that's really cool with Dish is you can watch most of your favorite shows on your mobile device anywhere, for a lot less than cable. Yes that's right, we are asking you to watch more TV and not less TV, but make it better television with Dish this time, anytime, anywhere, So call right now and learn how easy it is to save on your television bill and get the most out.
Speaker 2: Of your TV viewing experience.
Speaker 9: Dial that number and I promise you were here waiting for your call, because we want to save you money and give you better television. We are Dish TV.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight. That's eight hundred two nine three zero three twenty eight.
Speaker 7: Life insurance is one of those things that just about everybody needs, but few people actually have. Hey, if you die unexpectedly without life insurance, guess what you'll leave your family with even a bigger mess. Life insurance will help replace your family's income. It'll help cover burial expenses. Life insurance can even help payoff debt like credit cards and medical bills. Life insurance can even pay for college. And if you own a business and you die, life insurance can help your business from collapsing. It can even help cover estate taxes. Life insurance has never been more affordable and needed. Plus, you can always shop around even if you have a plan and save some money. So call the Life Insurance quote line right now for free pricing information.
Speaker 10: Eight hundred nine one five nine six five four, eight hundred nine one five nine six five four eight hundred nine one five nine six five four. That's eight hundred nine one five ninety six fifty four.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Life with Brian Alfarez and Mike Semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I don't know what more there is to say about this particular story, but all the best to Psycho ste. Hopefully we keep getting positive reports. His brother saying he's conscious and some recollection is definitely positive compared to the first.
Speaker 5: Facebook post that he posted, so hopefully.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And you know what, also, Brian, I'd like to say, I hope whatever the issue is with Rajah Jackson can get handled too. If this guy needs some medical and psychological evaluation, you know, in order to help him, let's go down that road. Yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: This whole thing is just a disaster.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, what did you watch this weekend?
Speaker 5: How's that?
Speaker 4: For a second? Just start naming stuff because I can't.
Speaker 5: I mean, there was a lot of good stuff.
Speaker 4: I think I watched most of it. There's a few matches I missed, like I missed the woman's title change on NXT. It just so happened like I was watching on one TV at one speed and then you know, at a different I had it live and another and I kind of missed that match and some of the Forbidden Door pay per view I missed, but I saw the majority of what happened this weekend no collision. I watched the UFC as well, two nights of it, along with the Kurt Darelli Oil Wrestling Tournament, which and once again won by Orhan Oklou. I could just put that on repeat, but.
Speaker 1: Well, listen if you these are the matches I gave four stars or more too if you care about star ratings. Kyle Fletcher and Horomu I thought was pretty fantastic. Missed it, Zach Saber Junior and Nigel McGinnis. I didn't quite give four, but I gave it three and three quarter and it was pretty freaking great as well, so you should check that out. Same with o'cotton Swerve. I gave it just under four. Same with Ton and Athena just under four. Hangman in MJF I gave. I gave more than four, and the main event cage match so a lot of matches if you want, like really good wrestling that would be unforbidden door And honestly, like if you're talking about the the NXT show, I thought it was on the Weekend. Jordan Grace and Blake Monroe I would say was three and three quarter very close to four star match.
Speaker 5: I mean they did a great job.
Speaker 4: I feel like in a different setting. It was just it just for some reason that fell out of place. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, the best match on the show by far was Obafemi and Javon Evans, which was pretty much as good as anything on the AW show. That match was frickin' great. If you're surprised that Javon Evans didn't win the title, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 4: He got murdered, but in a way that in the long run you want to see him come back and actually avenge this loss. He didn't go out looking like a geek.
Speaker 5: No, I will say they they did.
Speaker 1: They did give him a lot. I mean this was as far as like he didn't win, but as far as, like, you know, giving him a lot in a match and making him look like he actually could have become champion.
Speaker 5: This was better than.
Speaker 1: Most Yvonne matches, because you know, usually he'll look great against a geek, but then they'll put him in with a main event guy and like he'll get some spots, but you know, they want you to know that he's not at that level yet. This one, they they really gave him a lot and he looked great as he always does, and it was an excellent match and you should go out of your way to see it.
Speaker 4: This Oba Femi, good lord, he's awesome, He's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Javan should have beat him for no other reason than he should be on the main roster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he should be like what TKO wanted Francis Naganu to be, you know what I mean, the star for Africa. He is just off the charts great as a big man. He works well with every style of wrestler that I've seen so far. I mean, I don't know how much higher I could be on this guy.
Speaker 1: Well, you know a lot of people talk and this is true, like on the WE main roster as far as like black male wrestlers, I mean there's I don't think there's anybody really getting a push.
Speaker 5: And uh, I will just say that if.
Speaker 1: They bring up Trick Williams, Obafemi and Javaon and none of those three guys get a push, then something's up, dude.
Speaker 5: But like next year, two years.
Speaker 1: From now, at this time, I mean, we should have three black male wrestlers as like regular main eventors. Because Trick, he's not the best wrestler in the world, although he's improved, but my god, this guy has more charisma than almost anybody. Oba Femei is like he can have a great match with anyone. It doesn't matter if you're big, it doesn't matter if you're small, it doesn't matter if it's a four way. He's he's got he's got great promos. And you know the best thing about Oba Femi, honestly is he's one of those guys where like I saw a video of him out of character and that's not his voice, and I was like, what.
Speaker 5: What so that Oba Femi?
Speaker 1: That that's he's playing a character and it is incredibly believable.
Speaker 4: He is from Nigeria, sure.
Speaker 1: But he really he really plays up the accident and such and and it works, dude. And then you know, Javon, I know he's twenty one. They won't give him a push for nine years, but like that guy. I mean, he should have been the youngest NXT champion. He is a very special talent and he's like the crowd absolutely loves this guy. You just give him a little and they go wild, so like if they gave him a lot.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's is just a man.
Speaker 1: They got some awesome dudes coming up from from developmental year.
Speaker 4: We're almost back to the days of the murderer's row of the early African American professional wrestlers, which I learned about in a great book by Ian Douglas, A decided novelty. I finished it this weekend. I learned so much information. I would put it up there with the Carl Stern Omnibus book. It's somewhat in that mold, not as fact heavy. Ian Douglas does a great job of weaving in, you know, the history with his writing style, and man, I learned a ton from this book, so if you can check it out on Amazon, A decided novelty. But it did make me think of, you know, some of the past errors that we've had with great, great Black or African American wrestlers, and right now I really think Obafemi is like the one that should be at the top of the heap.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I mean Oban Oban Trick, like I get it. Javon's young. You know they're gonna they're gonna wait. But like Trick is great, he is so charismatic and he's he's far like you know, it's either one, because I go Oba Femmi is a better he has better matches. I would say he's a better worker. Javon is is of the two more charismatic. But it's not like Javon or it's not like Trick is a bad worker. And it's not like Oba isn't charismatic. So like both of them, you could go, you could go all the.
Speaker 4: Way and uh yeah, I hope they do.
Speaker 5: We should also.
Speaker 1: Mentioned a couple of things coming out of of of a W So the UH post show press conference. Tony Kahn has now announced he's he's now Dario Kuaita and Lucia underground good. The money in the bank contract that they have you cannot cash in at any time. You must give a week's notice so that he can properly promote. And you know a couple of people here were like, well, you know, why even have the cash in deal? Why not you say the winner gets a title shot, because when you win a title shot, the promoter decides when that title shot is going to be. This is all in storyline, like, Okay, you won, Well you're gonna get your shot at all out, or you're gonna get your shot at whatever. This would mean. Hey, bro, if you want your shot on TV next week, you call it. You don't have to wait for a pay per view. Hey, the pay per view is coming in your hometown in three months. You can call the shot there. So in storyline, it's better to be able to choose the time and place than to have.
Speaker 5: The promoter do it for you. And he did mention that.
Speaker 4: Although, hey, if they're a good promoter, they're probably gonna do it right. Like who made the decision to have Lolavice challenge down near her hometown? Was it Ava? Was it?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 4: Her? Was Lola?
Speaker 1: It might have been It's probably Ava, probably Lola's idea, but Ava took credit.
Speaker 5: Look at that how it normally works here.
Speaker 1: But Hangman beat MJF in the championship match, which was in the ring. It was the best match on the show, but it had a really weird like ref bump thing that just like it sucked and it was so bad. I think that there was another idea that like something went wrong or somebody missed a cue or a camera missed something or whatever. But hey, MGF still has the contract in his back pocket, so he can either call his shot, which I think is actually what's going to happen. I had been advocating for Tony Kahan to force MGF to put it on the line against Mark Brisco, But since Tony did that press conference and made no mention of that, but did change how you can cash in, that sounds to.
Speaker 5: Me like, well, that's what it's gonna be. I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess he could s something on Wednesday, but I don't think Mark Briusco is getting a shot at that contract. And then two other major notes after the cage match, I mean, they pretty much told you this was Will Ospray's last match for a while, and they did a video before the match pretty much telling you it was his last match for a while. And then he did a curtain call pretty much telling you it was his last match for a while. But they still made sure to kill him in storyline. The Heels beat him down, they pilmanized him, he was taken out on a stretcher. He's getting neck surgery and he's gonna be gone for a while. And I don't know if Swerve is getting knee surgery, but he's got it torn meniscus and they did an injury angle afterwards that very much seemed like he's gonna be out of action with knee surgery.
Speaker 5: But I guess we'll see.
Speaker 4: Luckily, out of all the surgeries, I think the meniscus is probably the one that heals like the fastest, definitely, certainly more than an ACL or or PCL or any of the other things. Because I know I've had a minister's scope in the past. I think you have too, Brian, Right, No, I haven't no, oh.
Speaker 5: A surgeon to call me. It's been almost a year.
Speaker 4: Hey, you might have to come down here. I can hook you up. Bro.
Speaker 1: At this point, it's about ninety nine percent, Like, I don't know. I'll probably get it done someday. But I mean, the only time I ever have a problem is sometimes I'll be rolling and I'll turn my foot a certain way and it'll be like weird, and then I have to stop and like bend it and it goes back and then I'm fine. But like I have no problems, Like I can run, jump, sprint, walk, play with the kids. I have no problems whatsoever.
Speaker 4: Would you be able to jump high enough to give me a high five?
Speaker 1: I couldn't do that before I tore my meniscus because you're freakily long arms it.
Speaker 4: Thanks for taking the bait.
Speaker 1: You're an idiot, absolute idiot. I got a scoop for everybody, kind of Apparently mbop wasn't that expensive. I know that's hard to believe, but apparently Hanson let it go cheap. So I'm hoping that'll be like their new music for the Young Bucks, because that was their music back in the day.
Speaker 5: And I've been waiting.
Speaker 1: I've been waiting in decades, almost as long as I waited for uh Basic Thugonomics to return for John Cena.
Speaker 5: I've been waiting for mbop to return.
Speaker 4: And almost as long as you waited for the Golden Eagle to come back.
Speaker 5: The winged Eagle is that what it is?
Speaker 4: Wing it the golden Eagles like kobeeb nor maca metof or something.
Speaker 1: I think, so yeah, And then everything else on the show, I mean, the only other thing people are talking about is obviously the hurt syndicate not doing the job. But I mean, do we need to spend time on that. I think we all knew that was gonna happen, right.
Speaker 4: What happened at the finish of that match?
Speaker 5: What happened at the finish?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like Dak's like kicked out.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, I don't think he kicked out. Listen, I haven't heard anybody tell me what happened. But the belief is that because Brodido's finish kind of looked ugly, I think maybe the ref counted and then like Bendido kind of got off and he was gonna do something else because the finish looked bad, and then the ref was like, no, just I'm gonna count. It was weird one way or the other. But Brodido are the new champions.
Speaker 4: So good stuff.
Speaker 5: Back in a moment Observer.
Speaker 2: Live, you were listening to Wrestling Observer Life with Brian Albarez and Mike Sempervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: You know, we had so much going on today, Tom that one of the very important things to discuss never got discussed, which is how are you feeling? I see you're sitting down.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I just got out of I had pt earlier this morning, so I feel a little bit better after moving around, you know, but uh still, you know, some swelling, some pain, but hopefully that's all stuff that's to be expected. And uh from here it's onwards and upwards and then outwards.
Speaker 5: Excellent. So you're here Wednesday, I shall be.
Speaker 4: That is my plan. I'm back.
Speaker 5: Good to hear brother, Well.
Speaker 4: Wednesday missed one day.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 1: Maybe on Wednesday we can talk about the return of Speed.
Speaker 4: Oh please please thank you for saving that till the end, because if you would have gotten into this earlier, I'm not sure my heart could have handled the discussion about my beloved Speed coming back. Although they didn't mention if the men's titles coming with it, they did say.
Speaker 1: No, I think I think the Speed titled. I think they said the Speed titles.
Speaker 5: Ah, so uh yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Got we should talk about that because I got questions. But anyway, we got to wrap it up, everybody. I'll be back later on tonight. Wrestling Observer video with Dave Meltzer. Dave and I were up last night talking a lot of different topics, as well as well as Brian and Bryan Show. We'll have the show tomorrow talking mid South with Granny as well. We got a lot of stuff, so make sure you check all of that out. And if you're not a subscriber, now's a great time. Wrestling Observer dot com. We also have nine options on YouTube, Spotify and Apple Podcasts and Apple Podcasts even as a free trial, so check it out Wrestling Observer Podcasts. And that's it, everybody, Thanks for listening. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network