Speaker 1: Fight all right, job.
Speaker 2: All across the USC Compton watch Bay to l A, come on to California y day from Ally to Valley.
Speaker 3: We represent that Keller County.
Speaker 2: So if you're keeping it real on your side of your town, you're tuning into Gainst the Chronicles the Conic Goals.
Speaker 3: We gonna tell you how we goals. If I lie, my notes will grow like Pinocchio.
Speaker 2: We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but the truths.
Speaker 4: The chronic Goals.
Speaker 3: This is not your average show.
Speaker 2: You're now tuned into the rail mc ain't Big Steals the Streets.
Speaker 3: Hello, Welcome to.
Speaker 5: The Gainst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect Podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles for my Apple users, hit the Purple Michael your front screen, subscribed Against the Chronicles, leave a five star rating coming.
Speaker 3: Y'all know what this was?
Speaker 5: The Gangster the Chronicles. It's Big still with the homeboy Yip and we was having the conversation earlier today and that's how most of our episodes go. Me and they hate having the conversation, but we just go with that. I asked the question, is it every time when someone is too old to gang bang and claim their neighborhood.
Speaker 4: I guess it depends on if if gang banging is the backbone and the foundation of who you are as a as a person.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And what I try to when I what I mean by that is gang bang has been around for a long time, and uh, you gotta feel some to some to some of us, that was our heritage of foundation, right. You know, you didn't have to you know, you didn't have the grandfather who had the big farm and generational wealth was passed down, or you know, you didn't have the celebrity whatever. All we had was gang banging, right, So that became your foundation because that was what you know, I didn't after I turned a certain age and before I started rapping, I didn't think that, you know, my future existed as of being the man who went to nine to five job and came home. You know, those years between fourteen and maybe thirty, it was hood representation. You get me. It was nigga khaki suits and you know, and okay, I started rapping and you're able to acquire a little bit of success or whatever, but that still doesn't transition over to the hood was everything you get me. The hood, you know, allowed me to you know, serve and make my good, allowed me a space to congregate with my peers to where you know, you felt safe in your neighborhood, to where you wasn't out of bounce or nothing. And so I say, a lot of niggas, you know, some niggas who you know went away to prison and got that twenty five of life and whatever, and they're just now coming home. You're welcome back to the hood. You get me. You're seen as that og who represented who walked that line, and who gave you no prowess to the neighborhood. So a lot of niggas feel like, yeah, that's I mean, you know, some niggas come home and like I said, you back to the block. The niggas get killed, niggas go to prison whatever, blah blah, and then back to the neighborhood they see us go because, like I said, again, for a lot of niggas who don't change, the mentality of the hood is everything you unable to go out and and be you know, a regular man and get a nine to five and whatever. And then some niggas who still do that, still go back to the hood and represent the hood.
Speaker 5: You get me, so, well, what do you say about to do that's a grandpa? No, he's a grandfather. Let's say he don did a bed, he don't been locked up, and he come home at the fifteen years. He's a grandfather. Now he got grandkids. And in some cases his grandson might be claiming the hood. He might be a little tiny look or a little tiny blood from the hood. You feel what I'm saying. So he's gonna be out that gang banging with his grandson. Like I said, he ain't gonna be out there putting work. But when you go to grandpa house, everybody know he was the old g from the set.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 4: It's like I said, it's hard to decipher because a lot of people don't stand gang banging at the point of it. And but yeah, a lot of that is family tradition handed down.
Speaker 3: I knew I.
Speaker 4: Knew brothers, brothers that I hung with. You know what I'm saying, thirty years ago they have kids and their kids had kids. They kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's crazy. You know what, bro, I guess and you know what I should understand.
Speaker 3: Game bang.
Speaker 5: I've been on the West coast since I was seventeen. I'm my fifties number.
Speaker 4: All my friends, right, don't you know niggas that you hung around like you said you didn't game bang, but you niggas niggas.
Speaker 3: Who banged All my friends are gang bangers.
Speaker 4: Niggas niggas with them niggas turn around right now, just on the strength and be like what up come? You know, blah blah. You know they still saying where they're from. You get me, it's not like that. You Probably half the niggas you know, probably still doing that.
Speaker 5: And it might and you know what, I'm gonna tell you, like this, that's not all the time thing.
Speaker 3: No what a couple of them it is.
Speaker 5: But with most of them, it may be when they get upset about something or maybe with something funny. Hu said this, you see, blood did this. That's how it was, right. But they for the most part kind of like stay in this kind of like neutrality about the whole thing. Now somebody come tripping, they gonna let you know this such and such, you know what I mean exactly.
Speaker 3: And they ready to flash of the moment's notice.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, man, don't get a little too old at some point when you become grandpa in the set man and your grandson is gang banging, and you may have your grandson may have a son.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: You know what I saw the other day, shout out to my homeboy Marv because he takes credit as the oldest lifting priory.
Speaker 3: You know, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I told him, Marv, And he's a funny dude. I told them, Marrow, at seventy some years old, still look like in your shape. And I've heard, you know, a legacy that I told him, still knocked a few dudes out, a few young dudes, but a pocket.
Speaker 4: It's not impossible, I said, I guess. I guess. Being of age and representing the neighborhood. I mean you you you got og status, you get me, and then some are and some are accepted for that, you know what I'm saying. Putting in work for the hood, going down, doing the bed, coming home, people still recognize you as that. You know, they might not think like, oh, this is man, this nigga finna come home and he feel to be on one and hitting corners and Wookie won't. But you're respected because of the line you walked. And I don't know. I don't know, I don't know why it's you know, it's frowned upon. Like I said, when you get a certain age, I guess you're supposed to transition, you know, just for anything as a man you get me as we get older, we're supposed to get more mature, wiser and you know, be aware and steer them on the path of a straight line. But like I tell niggas, when that's your foundation, it's kind of you know, it's kind of it's kind of difficulty to to just say, you know, I you know, I'm fifty now. So the rag is put up, so to speak, because even though you're trying to walk a straight path, there's a niggas always out there, who know, you used to be from here, and nigga might want to test you.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 4: You could have all the respect and whatever you want from niggas and the ogs love it and whatever, but you know, enemies as enemies and that's what it is. So you just always have to be fearful of that. So that's why I think, you know, because gang banging is that generational, you know, that generational shit. You get me, Uh, if if I was, if I was still you know, in the hood and living in the crib in the hood, you know, because some niggas do that, you know, on a regular on regular ship. You know, you grow up in the hood, right, didn't become you know still with the podcast and the football and the motherfucking your regular nigga, and you still in the hood. There's there's there's there's a chance that you're not gonna venture out of the neighborhood, nigga. If you can rent a house around the corner coming out of Mama's house, you getting me. You can rent an apartment around the corner, that's where you're gonna go, right, and then you're gonna go to apartment. You're gonna be in the hood, still kicking it whatever or not too far away. And then you're gonna come to the hood every day. And then you're transitioning of what getting a real ship. You know, I got a regular I got a job, nigga, I'm working construction or I'm down at the dots and you know whatever, whatever, you still come into the hood every day when you gotta lay right.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's say you were one of them dudes that you know, because you got dudes to still claim the hood, but I'd like to call them kind of semi retired. You feel what I'm saying, if you will, like they semi retired. They still mess with the homies here and there, but for the most part, they go to work and they hanging out with their families.
Speaker 4: They may have uh, you know, older niggas, niggas that was older than me that that are still around and they still meet up at the park and they still kick it and barbecue and be in the alleys, you know, playing dominoes and it's niggas. That's just.
Speaker 5: What else their lifestyle. So so, would you say the game banging is a lifestyle.
Speaker 4: Oh, definitely, but it's it's but the lifestyle has been manipulated, you did me because the lifestyle has been monop my of times. The lifestyle has been uh openly accepted by those other people now so and then it's there's a lot of craziness with the ship.
Speaker 3: Now. You know we were.
Speaker 5: Talking about we were talking about Jim Jones earlier, and Jim Jones is kind of like, I don't seen Jim Jones reinvent himself a couple of times, you know.
Speaker 3: He came out he was like cams and them.
Speaker 5: He was like kind of like the executive slash, bodyguard slash, just a homie that was around the rap every once in a while to where he put out a hit records. When he put when he put Balling out, he had a hit record right then. You saw him kind of a sin of where he came with a certified Gamester record. You're like, Okay, this dude is the rap start now, right. He really worked his way up the ranks in the traditional way, because that's kind of how it used to be with us. You know, you might start off as a roadie. I know Redman and them started off as as roadies for epm D. You feel what I'm saying. They went rapping at first. They was just the homies that you know, trying to get on right battle and catch the shows.
Speaker 3: So we see him now he's kind of like on this Hood World tour.
Speaker 5: He was just out here with Waco and he out here showing what one hundred like I'm out here in the neighborhood. But the thing is, this guy's in his fifties right and people are loving it, loving it.
Speaker 4: That's because his representation right now is up the streets and like I said, you're gonna get tired of a lot of bullshit. You know, it just happens in hip hop. You get me. The Gang Bang in music was always frowned upon, but it was loved You get Me, and it sold a gang of records. But then music started. You know, basically the doors blew off, right and basically everything is open with hip hop. You get me. You can be the back packer, you could be the hip hopper, you could be you could be lgbt Q, you get me, oopen. But the foundation of rap was something different. Of hip hop, it was something different. So and for New York to be one of those places who's looked at as the mecca or the foundation of hip hop was bred on hardship New York niggas, you get me, the rock hymns and the Big Daddy Kynes and the epm ds that that represented you know, hard music. You know, the Bronx scenario and the Harlem shit and all that that represented us a scene. And when you started confusing that with all kinds of shit, you know, niggas now want to you know, be three piece suited, and you know, niggas want to be popping Champagnes and Lamborghinis and just want to be made backs and all that, and you're forgetting about the niggas who you get me. You're forgetting about the niggas on the blocks and the bricks where the foundation of what we You get me, because you know they started banging and niggas was cripping and blooding, and so now you got the niggas of a foundation of street shit that niggas they missing, you feel me? Just like the scenario when fifty came out, you giving me. We had all this sing song ass rap shit, and you know niggas was too balling for the nigga jumping out with Louis Vatan draws on and all kinds of feel niggas forgotten. Niggas forgot the foundation of hip hop. So when fifty came out, it blew the doors because it was something New York missing, like we missing that that you get me. I think that with Jim Jones, he's taking it to a place where like damn, like we y'all niggas is all trying to be fancy and we just some greedy niggas at the block in front of the Bodetta trying to make money, and we in the project still and niggas is nigga were still wearing timberlains and hanging out on the corners and ship. We we're not in the high rises and ship, you know, with our feet kicked up with the white executives. And you know, I got a twenty million dollar check. You know, no nigga, we out here struggling. When a nigga represent when a nigga represents us, makes niggas go fuck that other ship. You get me. So now not only do niggas start looking at it in your section, they start looking at it like across the board or this nigga like y'all trying to hate on it and talk about a nigga old and why he's still in the hood and won't he won't. But you start seeing all the hood niggas respected, you get me because they feeling like we got representation for us again. And with the music. You give me this nigga talking my nigga, I'm from Harlem. Fuck all that other shit. Fuck all of this and that nigga Harlem nigga back in Harlem. We did this and niggas did that, and niggas he making niggas remember of what it was, and so niggas go, oh fuck that you give me so and whatnot? What Knot's gonna work more? When you get the hood niggas behind you, you get me like, come on, man, nigga, I will give a fuck nigga. Yeah, okay, you fifty nigga homie while here forty and but the young cat is twenty something. But then you connect then with all the niggas who still on that shit, you feel me. And when it comes to that shit, it don't matter the age. If you're representing the block, nigga's gonna respect it just period. Because you didn't sell out or figured you had to do what the other niggas is doing, that ain't really representing us. Like I don't know. Niggas started thinking that money made you og. You feel me and money just makes money. You still be a fuck nigga with money. You just got money. You ain't hard because you got money. You just got money.
Speaker 5: Well you know what, man, I'm gonna tell you. Money became a thing for the suck of the kind of flex on the hard dude exactly. That became his flex. So it was a time to where and it's always been that way. The guy that has money, it's kind of got a pass because if he had money, he didn't have to be that tough because he can have people hanging out with him.
Speaker 3: It was tough.
Speaker 5: Wasn't nobody gonna bother him because they was he was paying these people is around him, right, So it really was kind of distant. It was a distant, genuine relationship right yard all the time that a woman may marry a dude that she don't really love because he got what he got paid for. He got security. Most women want security. They're like, man, you know what the other nigga he put it down.
Speaker 4: He you know, he that nigga everything out in the two seconds.
Speaker 3: But he.
Speaker 4: This motherfucker got to pay motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: To do it.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, this dude right here got a job, He got a own for me and mine. You know, she may want to start having kids if she don't got them, so she thinking about the bigger picture. She's like, well, man, that other dude, that's cool, but I'm going over here with the money. You see what I'm saying. I'm going with the money because money, you know, ye about money bring happiness exactly.
Speaker 4: But it don't all the time. You get me, But I've learned it's all about who's who's true and who's you know, it's all about who who will fuck with you if you got uh seven dollars in your pocket or seven million. And I've learned that. You know, it's only a few of them type of people. You get me.
Speaker 5: But you know what, bro, I'm gonna tell you this, right, I think it's the average person in this country makes forty thousand dollars a year, right.
Speaker 3: For yeah, And I'm talking about people that take.
Speaker 5: Care of families two or three pis, have a car, no, got a house, no to whatever like that, and they take a year. They may have a wife that work. She may make thirty forty thousand dollars, so they do that. They take care of kids, and the man make it work.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: That is the common person in the United States. The whole thing, the whole misconception about everybody being a baller is a big ass myth. Yeah, because the majority of the people on this copy bro making I want to make sure it's right. Let me look at that average salary in US. The average salary in the US always off. The average yearly salary in the US is sixty five thousand dollars, right, sixty five thousand dollars. Hold on, and then they say the median annual ways for all US works is forty eight thousand. That's what I saw. That's more likely. That's more in line with what I was talking about, right, right, that's the average everyday American because sixty five sixty six. I ain't gonna say you upper middle class, but you kind of you Okay, you feel what I'm saying you? All right, you can make that work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can.
Speaker 4: You can survive and not be worried about paying the cable bill next.
Speaker 5: Month, exactly. But when you're making forty forty eight thousand dollars a year having cable a luxury homeboy, exactly, that's gonna be the first bill getting cut off every month. You know that you're not gonna let your lights get shut off, the white TV.
Speaker 4: And depending on what you're mortgage or your rent or your lease, is you anywhere between motherfucking two and four thousand.
Speaker 5: Oh man out here in LA. You know, my son, he lived in a cool area, but he stay alone beach, right, he stay off you know a few hours down from the beach. This dude is in the one. It's not a studio apartment, but it's one of them little apartments where you got your separate little kitchen, you got your living room, but then the other half of the living room is like a little bed where you can put your little bed at or whatever. Man he paying twenty nine hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: A month for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's La County and it's Long Beach and when you down there in Long Beach, Bottled Water or wherever in a nice area. Yeah, that shit is is ridiculous. Like I said, so you you you definitely, you definitely would be in a predicament. You get me. And that's for a young kid just starting out.
Speaker 5: And that's him, you know, you gotta remember, and he made income was fireman, right, so he hang out with all of the firemen and he's like it down there because half the places they go, like we got them little bars. They go on the Hunting Beach and stuff that's right down the street from there. And he go hang out with his you know, fireman boys, and he's safe and he kicks it.
Speaker 3: He has a good time.
Speaker 5: Because he told me all of my sons, all of my kids are total opposite. Step Fine is the square, straight laced. When he always knew he wanted to be a public servant, he was going to either be a police officer or fireman. And he's a fireman, right. Chris always played football. But Chris played with a bunch of dudes from Compton Watts Long Beach, you know what I'm saying, the projects.
Speaker 3: So he kind of emphasized a little bit more that even though he was in the hood, dude furthest from it.
Speaker 5: All his boys are, that's who he who he played with, even that Saint John Bosko, he played with dudes that was from the neighborhood. Did he played with dudes that had the eggs to him? You feel what I'm saying. Whereas Jasmine, she'd the mixture of both. While she appreciates all that stuff, she's still like, Oh, I ain't doing that. That's ghetto.
Speaker 3: You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: They all extremes, Steph, I don't don't want to be around that stuff. He thinks all that stuff is just like the worst stuff in the world. Chris think everything got a motive. He think everything got a reason. Jazzmine, she kind of in the middle. She thinks it's ghetto, but she like whatever. You know. So the average dude out here that he was kind of keeping it real, so to speak, He's going to identify with more people because that's who the average person is in this country. The average person in this country is the person that's kind of living checked the check. Oh, definitely, it ain't no whole bunch of balling going on. And I think Jim always identified with the common man because he seeing someone day that I kind of as a dude that got a mediocre career. You feel what I'm saying, You living cool, but you not really living. You know, it's not a steady thing, right. He said something one day, he said, sometimes you gotta tell a wife and them maid you know what, we can't get Louis Vatan and go do this and go on trips and all that and now, but we gonna be back to balling then about five six months. I gotta get these projects together. I gotta do this and do that. Then we gonna get back to it. Right, that's the reality for the A B.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you, like I said, you gotta you gotta have somebody who understands the situation and like you said, if you're dealing with the common man and the common hood, nigga, everything is a hustle. You feel me small? You know, we gotta learn that shit.
Speaker 1: Uh we not.
Speaker 4: We might not be motherfucking uh fucking ten to fifty million dollar rich, but you know we can climb that ladder.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, man, And it's just a I think in the age we and Man, I was talking to one of the homies. You know, we always having conversations, right. I was talking to a couple of the young homies. They close to getting them a little situation, right, and I was kind of managing their expectations of telling them what to expect. And I was telling them like, don't believe these rap these music videos. Don't believe none of this stuff because all of it is kind of all of it is kind of a lie, right, all of it is a myth.
Speaker 3: We got the homie Glasses Malone in the house. He just came through. He gonna love this conversation. So we we kind of got away from it a little bit.
Speaker 5: Bro. The question was is it ever too late for a dude to be out their gang band, to push the line in his neighborhood.
Speaker 6: What do you mean pushing the line for his neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Like a dude. That's just saying he a gang bang. He from the hood.
Speaker 5: He may be, he may be a grandfather, he may got he may got grandkids that belong to the neighborhood. Now, he may not be out there active, but he is in his late fifties, early sixties, out there still pushing the line for his neighborhood.
Speaker 7: But you don't really push your line for your neighborhood like you really push your line for your friends. So I don't know if there's ever an age where pushing the line for your friends you can get too old. But I think there's a rhetoric about pushing the line for your neighborhood versus pushing the line for your friends. Do you ever get too old to stand up for your friends?
Speaker 5: No, I knew you asked, was gonna have some kind of like kind of logic to the stuff You and eight both ate pretty much said the same thing you did. By the way, No, you don't never get too old to take care of your friends, take care of your homeboys. No, so a lot of gang banging. It's kind of frowned and made to think like it got something to do with the name of the street or the sign at the park. I don't really have nothing to do with what this thing is about. This is about your lifelong friends most of the time, if you like, really from where you're from, these are your life long friends. So right now, if Russ living around the corner for me right now, Russ said, he not even like he did some time. He don't even feel like he wanted to be the part. But if he called me and needed me at you know, at forty five of them, I'm gonna going around there and take this pistol around there, just in case I got to get active to save his life and stand up for here. Fuck yeah, hell n I ain't got too old for that. See, that's the thing you talking about. Looking out for a homeboy right now, but holding somebody down right there, there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 3: That's to be suspected, because you.
Speaker 5: Know, any one of y'all called me and need my assistance, I'm gonna be there right I'm talking about the thing, dude, you know what I'm talking about. The dude that's still got the rag on his head. He still got the rag on his head. He's out there he's still got to he's still got a pistol in his waist, he's still doing his thing. Is that dude too old to be game?
Speaker 3: Bang? I still?
Speaker 7: I know it sounds like I'm being disingenuous or misleading.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you the truth.
Speaker 7: I don't see it the same way you said it, Like, well, you can ask the question, so.
Speaker 5: You can't tell me you ain't seen the dude in his fifties early sixties with a rag on his head and he's still out there pushing the line.
Speaker 7: I mean pushing the line like what like he is a proud representative.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but a proud representative of what that means. He's still a hardcore gang banger. What do you think that means?
Speaker 3: Still?
Speaker 5: I think that means he's a man that's still stuck in his childhood, that's trying to relive his childhood and has been stuck in his childhood. I think a lot of them dudess is. I think it goes further than a dude is representing his neighborhood. I think these are men who still are are still tied up and being a juvenile, and they've missed it.
Speaker 3: They missed the.
Speaker 6: Childhood huh you feel that worry about Fambi.
Speaker 5: Now, Fobbi is not a dude to walk around with blue rags on his head or dude this do that.
Speaker 3: Farmby is to own a business. He owns a business.
Speaker 6: He owns a proud nigga from insane crip right now.
Speaker 5: He gee, you know what I'm talking about, Man, don't do that. Ibby not walking around Finbly not walking around with a Raiders jersey on and a and.
Speaker 3: A and a Black Raider rag and right now today.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure he do. That's just one of his favorite teams. I'm pretty sure Finbi do that right now. But the thing is, Gee, he's not out there with a rag on his head, just out there just calls and just in the middle of the hood, just calls the.
Speaker 6: Stir A Raider's jersey is a rag for somebody from his saying, yeah.
Speaker 5: Gee, you know what I'm saying. He don't do that all the time. Most of the time. I see, fine, he got a polo or something.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 3: What about Trading Trady too old to be man? Tray D.
Speaker 5: Trade D is a man of intellect. Tray D, He's a man of intellect. He don't wear the whole bunch of Actually, I've never seen him outside of him when he do his performances, I ain't seen him wear a whole bunch of Raiders stuff. And he don't be dressed like a gang banger. He kind of be dressed, clean cut, got a little face.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: From your mind? Game baggers dress a certain way.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about dudes that's just active. See, I ain't all my friends a game.
Speaker 7: And all this time Trady, when he was in a Raider jersey, he wasn't active. Huh are you saying whenever Trady is not wearing a Raiders jersey, he's not active.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that.
Speaker 5: See, I didn't say that because the Raiders could just be his favorite team too, or it could be the fact that this is that it could be and it could be that too. But I ain't talking about the dude that's just over the top.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: It's just like I'm naming dudes over the top. You think you think Trady over the top.
Speaker 6: Trad is a fucking insiane crypt to the day he dies sign for FONDI.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they don't walk around with with no blue reds, with no rags on their head, raiders jersey with a blower and a blow your head off. If you play with them or their friends right now, trad ain't gonna be like, oh, I'm a grand father right now, you could play with me. They ain't gonna let you play with him. Being a game being a game member still is all saying, will you take the law on your hand, say advance whatever? Will you take the when you when you go beyond the laws rules too? Would you go beyond the lost rules to advance your cause?
Speaker 3: I don't think you ever get away.
Speaker 7: From that if you like grew up how we grew up. I don't think Tracy, I don't think Farmby. I don't think Dan Tanner, I don't think none of them people. You could play with them. They're not gonna wake up and be like, I'm my grandfather.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 6: You could just pump me.
Speaker 3: That ain't happening.
Speaker 7: And if you play with them, they may not called the proper authority still to get with you.
Speaker 6: They might give you the justice you asking for. Right now, Justine, let me ask.
Speaker 5: You this right here, right, you brought up fineby right. Fombi is more focused on increasing his revenue than he is on anything here lated every time I'm talking to him. You know he got that car shut up business he got going on. He do security for trading. He traded security. Fanmbi always handling some business.
Speaker 7: What made you think that's what we wasn't doing as game members when we was game banking every day. Believe you found what Fanmbi was doing when you first met him. He was advancing his finances.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we was kids, though we were doing in a legal manner, in a legal fashion. Now he's doing illegally because he doesn't want to go back to jail again.
Speaker 7: It ain't worth going to jail for that. Now, there are certain things to Fanbi. I'm sure if you asked Fombi, if you asked O G Fhombi, is there things worth going to jail, he going to give.
Speaker 6: You a list of things that he would go to prison over.
Speaker 5: She it's everybody with everybody has a point that they will risk it all right. I got a point to where our risk at all. I go to prison to protect my family and mine because you knew you wouldn't go to prison for that. I wouldn't go to prison for what? For protecting my family? I go to prison for self defense like a motherfucker.
Speaker 6: Hell, it's called that's why you reference it that self defense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't have to go to thing. The thing is, I would do everything I can to protect my family and my loved ones within the laws. No, it sometimes, man sometimes if the laws ain't man like. The thing is this, if I got a blower right, Let's say I got a blower right, and that motherfucker might not be legal.
Speaker 3: It might not be blower.
Speaker 5: No, but let's just say the sixuaitions like that, pretend like the SIXU waisters like that where I grabbed this pistol you think I'm gonna be grabbing and the mixing of stuff happening, or I wonder if this heat is legal. This is not my rigors to guns, so I can't use it now. I'm a bus dude, down to worry about the repercussions. Later on, you're not going to get in a legal blower. Still, I might be at your house dog and somebody might have did something to you and I'm might have to grab your strap and get this.
Speaker 3: You want to come with your legal blower, then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's good to have a legal blower because I don't want that's right, because I don't want.
Speaker 6: To go to jail. So you asking me.
Speaker 7: The difference between you and let's say MC eight is MC eight is not going to worry about if this blower legal, if he needs the blower, he that's.
Speaker 3: Not the first thing on his mind.
Speaker 6: You know what, This motherfucker ain't legal.
Speaker 3: Ain't even the first thing on mine either.
Speaker 6: Still, yes, it is.
Speaker 7: That's what separates That's what separates you from being a gang member. The only I keep telling you, our lives ain't that different, right. We all grew up in street urban culture. The only difference is people like me and eight decided to thug with our friends.
Speaker 3: You thugged by yourself to some degree.
Speaker 7: But you also grew up and you're like, you know what, most of this shit ain't worth going to jail. People like me eight, trad we still think there's reasons.
Speaker 3: To go to jail. Eight don't think itself.
Speaker 7: You know I got grandkids, Now what I'm gonna let this nigga do this to me?
Speaker 3: No, bro, it.
Speaker 5: Ain't about me saying you just let the nigga just do something to you. It don't like that dog what I'm saying. If you dude, it's just out there you sixty five, damnar seventy you pressing people, you banging on people?
Speaker 3: Where you from? Food and all this and that you don't think that's too old?
Speaker 4: Dog?
Speaker 7: Still they even if press is understated, Bro, you don't press people to say where you're from.
Speaker 3: You press people if you think they're a threat to where you at. Where are you from?
Speaker 7: Is a way to identify who is this foreign person within my realm. It's not like you just trying to be me and you walk around here old.
Speaker 5: Ain't trying to say something. This thing ain't no no, yeah, we still can't hear you, bro. But anyway, man, it is fools. That's too old the game, bang you.
Speaker 7: It ain't never. It ain't never an age still to change. Look, it's up to you. The day you don't ever want to go to jail for nothing is the day you done as a game member.
Speaker 5: Well see, I'm saying this right here, right. I have legal guns, right sure, And I do that because that's the right thing to do. That's a life of thing, because I understand that we live in a time in society the way you should have weapons in your house because it's people outside that could be coming, and you don't want to be up there, right you know you don't want to be unprepared. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: No, you don't think it's right to have guns.
Speaker 7: You have to abide by the law, and that's your goal as a But that's.
Speaker 3: All right as an American citizen to have guns.
Speaker 7: I'm not looking for America to being a gang member means you're not looking for America to give you rights.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 4: You're trying to.
Speaker 3: Give me a hard time right now?
Speaker 4: Bro? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Hard time? Bro?
Speaker 5: You know I'm not You know, you too old to be out here doing the stuff they're doing. Man, what are they doing? Still assessing a threat by saying, hey, where are you from? Are you from around here?
Speaker 7: That's not too old to ever assess a threat of you around the way, if you so use.
Speaker 5: Somebody's grandfather and somebody something his little grandson bring his friend home, and that little dude got some red strings in the show. You think grandpas would ask him like, hey, man, where are you from?
Speaker 6: I mean, is he active? Is grandson's friend active?
Speaker 3: Team colors? Huh?
Speaker 5: The thing might be his arm, That might be his arm. It might be his school colors.
Speaker 7: Okay, so that once you once you assess the threat and ask this man, where are you from, then you don't.
Speaker 5: Know say something that one two Yeah you don't know. Yeah, you won't know who was you saying? Man, we saw your mouth moving. I was saying that.
Speaker 4: I don't think that you though necessarily that you got seventy year old niggas. You dog putting Dan Dana's on their head, pulling up on niggas like yeah, blood, they cub where you're from?
Speaker 3: Homie.
Speaker 4: Uh Like, like Glass has said, that's only gonna be in the expectation of I already had an issue with this dude, or it's it's it's a situation to where I might need to have some words. But at seventy years old, I don't think no dude who was still in his neighborhood is going around actively like I'm gonna jump in the car fold deep with the homies and we gonna put Van Dana's on and you know that's TV comical shit.
Speaker 5: Still, I'm gonna tell you now, the homie Eye had tolder. Marv just got at somebody. I ain't gonna get the toll on this thing too much. But he starts to to out.
Speaker 4: He don't like I said, that's probably that's probably some other that's probably some other deep rooted issue.
Speaker 7: Marv is older than gang banging. Marv is a fool. It has nothing to do with gangs.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 7: Marv is the real deal nothing. He is serious more. Marv is older than the first cribs. The first crips was born if twenty three. I think Marv was born in forty nine. You can registure whatever mark.
Speaker 4: You ready, ready, call y'all ask you was you was best being crazy?
Speaker 3: Your listen whatever mark that way. I want to put you on you real quick.
Speaker 5: I told them, Marv, when the last time you don't suck somebody out you're trying, I'm gonna put you on the podcast right now.
Speaker 3: It is that cool.
Speaker 5: Oh it's against the crime because I'm just gonna put you on for five minutes, just real quick. I want to ask you a question. All sure, hey, y'all, we got the homeboy Marv here. Marv, just for the record, how old.
Speaker 6: Are you seventy five?
Speaker 3: Seventy five, last seventy six? When you turn.
Speaker 5: Seventy six, that's glasses alone, he said when you turn seventy six.
Speaker 1: I just turned seventy five February.
Speaker 3: Fourth, Fifteuary fourth.
Speaker 6: What Marv got going on? Marv is for real?
Speaker 7: This don't got nothing to do with game Baggan, Marv just not playing. You keep your and mar behavior up to something to do with gangs. Marv was on some ship period. If games stopped today and there was never no more games, Marv still gonna be on.
Speaker 3: The shitty own. It don't have nothing. Did you hear that, mar Did you hear with glass.
Speaker 4: And said.
Speaker 6: He said?
Speaker 1: He said, yeah, I don't know what he said about.
Speaker 3: What's the discussion about we're talking about? Is there for a time for somebody to be too old to be active?
Speaker 1: You kid, what do you need to find? An actor sitting in the park holding your nuts ain't acting.
Speaker 3: We're talking about where you're really out there pressing people?
Speaker 5: Do you think that? To see Marve? The thing is you're not out there pressing people. You actually a well spoken man. You're not out there pressing you trying to make game.
Speaker 7: Maybe like they just after a certain times, you ain't gonna press nobody know what.
Speaker 8: Forty five fifty years old, you're gonna get your ass.
Speaker 3: Y'all hear Martha, ain't these youngsters ain't playing?
Speaker 8: I mean they don't no more punching, mean, ain't the bully like life is over?
Speaker 3: You know they say, old.
Speaker 1: Man for counsel, young men for war. Ain't no more ol gs them O Jesus that you call old Jesus.
Speaker 8: Hanging in the park slapping Domino's talking about what they did in.
Speaker 1: Seventy seven eighty. Nobody care about seventy seven eighty. It's twenty twenty five. What are you doing now?
Speaker 3: That's real spit man, that's real spit. Yeah. Can you hear me? Holder? Can you hear me? Mark? Yeah?
Speaker 7: This glass is big dog. I'm trying to tell Stele. I'm trying to tell Steve who you are. Don't have nothing to.
Speaker 3: Do with Elm Street. You not playing with nobody period. Oh he said he ain't from Elm Street. Ge.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, Mark, who you are has nothing to do with Piru.
Speaker 1: But say you our neighborhood. I'm from m I'm my street. I was born on.
Speaker 3: On the street.
Speaker 8: Tree tops first and then they turned into cedar blocks.
Speaker 3: Fact.
Speaker 7: So when I'm telling him Mark, you was this way way before anybody told you They didn't have to organize you to be this way.
Speaker 3: Mark, you was already this way.
Speaker 7: I'm telling Steve, I don't think he heard your story that you were in the penitentiary when Gang Bang started.
Speaker 3: He was in trouble already when game Banging started.
Speaker 4: What and said?
Speaker 1: When the first crypts came to why, I was already there.
Speaker 3: He's not playing still.
Speaker 8: When Cunningham after the Blue Killing, he was the first crypt that came to San Quentin.
Speaker 6: I was there.
Speaker 3: Still. He not playing this. Don't got nothing more of not playing. I know Marvin playing. See.
Speaker 5: I think y'all confusing what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about Marv.
Speaker 3: Marv don't be walking around with.
Speaker 5: The rag on his head, slapping dudes in the back of the head, talking crazy. I've seen dudes trying to do that.
Speaker 6: Nobody seventy five slapping nobody in the back of the head.
Speaker 5: Still I ain't seeing the seventy five jumped U about people in their fifties, Marve, would you agree this is a lot of older men out here faking the.
Speaker 3: Phone as more a lot of.
Speaker 6: Fifty six Brother Roslatte.
Speaker 8: Here's no hanging out with twenty year olds talking about what you did back in the day.
Speaker 1: If you did what you said you did, you still be on death rope. So it's a lot of false scenarios.
Speaker 8: That's why we're in the position were in as blocks, because we got thirty years of o GEZ not being able to relate to and you got these old dudes misleading, misleading kids on what gang activity or what the creation of.
Speaker 1: I can only speak for power from Compton with Blood's doing la.
Speaker 4: It's a whole different entity.
Speaker 1: For the Compton car.
Speaker 8: We don't have enough education and us given the real of what it's supposed to be done. I ain't got no IDs on likes in prison, all my enemies with Peckerwoods in Mexicans.
Speaker 1: I ain't never done nothing to a block.
Speaker 3: Ain't had it coming.
Speaker 1: I don't just shoot it, folks. I ain't got no cryt matter at me for killing another Curt. I've all been economics for these dudes, and I feel the same way.
Speaker 8: Produced been down twenty thirty years and get out of here calling themselves, oh jeez, but you done killed or black.
Speaker 1: But you ain't killed no white or or Mexican in the penitentiary in thirty years.
Speaker 8: What kind of sense that made there.
Speaker 3: You have it. Still you have it, Marve.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you, man, and we gotta get you on mark when you gonna be back in town.
Speaker 1: See, I'll be all this well I leave on the aid going to I'll be back from the fifteenth until the thirtieth.
Speaker 3: All we we go hook up, man. I won't hook up with your big dog on for sure. This man loved you, man much love big dog. Love you too, man yesterday.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, when you when you get back, man, we're gonna make sure we politics okay for sure.
Speaker 5: For sure be saved about that big dog. That's my boy right there. See he's just living on man stuff. See that's not him gang banging on no body man stuff.
Speaker 7: You thought it was something different, And that's what I'm saying. You persecuting something you don't realize how persecute.
Speaker 3: I just asked. I just asked, is there? Because I didn't start it.
Speaker 5: We talked about eight made a reference to Jim Jones, right. He said that Jim Jones is winning right now because people love authenticity.
Speaker 3: They see him going to these neighborhoods and they like it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I speak on the fact that anytime somebody see you know some of this gray or know that your career was you know, twenty thirty years ago. And then first of all, it's attention because niggas all go. You niggas are old, you feel me. That's the first thing with the hip hop attag is that you get a certain age, then you shouldn't be rapping anymore. And so it's kind of a a fucked up situation when a lot of your music was neighborhood music and now you're fifty years old, and so people frown upon, Oh, this nigga was hanging out with the niggas on the block last night, and this nigga was incompting with the bloods or over at Gonzales Park or this thing, and then they frown upont it. Then they go, nigga too old to be gang banger.
Speaker 3: This is how I feel.
Speaker 5: Right, I'm gonna speak to him saying about people, you know, calling people old and telling people what they're.
Speaker 3: Too old to do.
Speaker 6: First, you doing right now?
Speaker 3: No, listen, hold on, But this the whole different thing, bro.
Speaker 4: I mean, because if I turn around right now, the nigga seen me on the corner with some corteas on and some khakis and a white T shirt. First thing they gonna say is that nigga ate too old to be gang banging out here. And nig put on some cortes and some khakis today. But that fits the demographic of I used to gang back or whatever, and I used to rap or whatever, and I talk about the hood and all that shit. So with you, you you too old to be doing that ship. You should be uplifting the nigga. You should be telling niggas you know how to come up and get out out of this ship, get up out of that, and get up out of that. So they tag us to a certain extent of of of and I say, the nigga winning because it's still niggas in the hood. It's still niggas in the hood. And they don't look at it like that. They look at it like we got representation of us and we loved that type of shit. But everybody frowns on it. It says it's too old to be done.
Speaker 7: My big homie pluck sixty, that's my low right now. If I hit him up, you gonna be like, what up? Cause if I hit Ice Tea right now because was born in fifty eight You're gonna be like, what up, g Becuz I love that.
Speaker 5: See that's just them being who they are. Gee, that's you know what I'm saying. Bro, You just trying to just tell you.
Speaker 7: I think you have this negative perception like an outsider, even though you saw it up close and personal.
Speaker 6: So I think that's the disingenuous part.
Speaker 7: Like we were something talking about it earlier today where you was talking about how fabian that brought you in. They made sure you ate, they made sure you made some money, they looked out for you, they showed you genuine interests. I'm sure it come with some other shit, but it comes with love, right, because that's just how we live.
Speaker 5: But if you do really just genuine people, No, that's what most homies is.
Speaker 6: Most homies is like that.
Speaker 7: There are situations that break down and you get the worst of some people who've been through a lot, and that's just what comes with being from a poor community.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 7: People been traumatized, people, friends and shot people, mom died people, mama on drugs, a lot of mental things that is happening to people traumatically, and then that becomes a representation of what people think gag bagging is. But No, that person is just a fractual person. I got homies. My homies right.
Speaker 6: Now was grown and all adults.
Speaker 7: Them niggas take care of their family. They take care of their grandkids. They do all of the same thing any man do, no different than eight go to their kids football games. They do all the same shit, and if you play with them, they'll hurt you.
Speaker 6: That's still gang bagging at that age.
Speaker 7: They shouldn't represent in the community.
Speaker 3: To me, that's just being a man.
Speaker 6: That's what.
Speaker 5: I've seen some see. I think me and you you know what I'm talking about. You know what I'm saying right. The thing is, Gee, that's me and stuff to me. If you've met.
Speaker 7: Do something to you, Yeah, but you're gonna do it within the laws. Ramification.
Speaker 3: No, when I get on your ass, I really gonna get on your point.
Speaker 7: It is gonna matter because that's the only thing that makes you not a gang banger. That's the only thing that makes the everyday civilian not a ganger. The law becomes the ultimate standard of how they gonna live their life. People like that come from all walk of life. They're not The law is not the ultimate judge of how they gonna live.
Speaker 6: Their life. They're not just why we.
Speaker 4: Didn't think about ship. We didn't think about Nigga. I know if I get caught in Ali selling rocks that whatever, Nigga, I'm going to jail. You feel me. I know if I jump in the car and we go do this busting and nigga, I'm going to jail like there was no like, hmm, should I do this because I could get time and I could. Nigga, were going to mount up. We're going to mount up if there's no thinking and in an average citizen like you, you gonna be like, yeah, I'm gonna jump in the car with y'all. But then while we rolling, I'm gonna be I'm gonna be Cuba and I'm gonna be like it was too late. Let me the fuck out now, my niggas, but you know this way because you in my neighborhood and we doing that. Oh you're about to claim the hood. You're gonna be from the hood or it's gonna probably be some conflict when you say no, because now niggas, niggas is looking at you like you the home over here, you serving with us, you eating with us. Niggas come through and bus you're pulling out the deuceduce and busting back why you ain't from the hood. And then when you start going now and now I'm gonna start thinking something is the problem?
Speaker 6: You just taking advantage.
Speaker 4: Might go on a few enemies in the hood now because of that, because.
Speaker 7: Now you're just taking advantage of us.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: You know what, though, I'm gonna tell you don got troops and finally told you the day that Finely got locked up was the day he was playing. He told me, he said, we was gonna put you on. You was gonna be from Long Beach, insane. We was gonna beat your ass. You was gonna show up, We was gonna jump your ass. We was gonna jump your big ass. Rustan, you would have been from a hood because everybody said, this dude is always with us, how come he is from the hood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, back then, man, back then, Lord T was everything like nigga, you ain't coming over here drinking up the forties. Yeah, making a couple of dollars off the corner, and you ain't trying to be from insane.
Speaker 3: America, America America.
Speaker 7: The same way he when it comes to a drift, they like what you ain't trying to fight you.
Speaker 3: You benefit off this country exactly. Draft.
Speaker 4: Oh you feelings if you joining up right now?
Speaker 6: Oh you're going to jail?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Which one you are? Do you will go to jail or you gonna draft. You're gonna ain't up. Put that green rag in your back pocket. And this motherfucker tell.
Speaker 5: Me all the time, he said, if I wouldn't have to jailing, nigga be from me insane. I'm telling you he did serious. He said we would go weak your ass.
Speaker 6: Cuz them niggas taken care.
Speaker 7: Listen, I keep telling you being a game member is not the dumb ass thing that people think. It's really just everybody you knew growing up. For the most part, these all the same people. Y'all committing crimes together. Don't always be about crimes. Most of the days in the hood, it's like Friday, You just chilling and you're joking with niggas. You try to make some money, somebody lying about something, you calling a nigga out online. You may fight, you know what I mean. It ain't the way everybody think. It's really a camaraderie. I'm not trying to sell it to people that because if you ain't grow up where we're from.
Speaker 6: I really think you shouldn't be able to be from the hood.
Speaker 5: Man, I almost lost my football stuff. She behind that, Man. I started hanging out with them, dude so much, man, doing what I was doing?
Speaker 3: Did I stopped going to class.
Speaker 5: I would go to practice, but I'm like staying out there all day and catch the bus to practice and ride back one of the homies and go back because it was fun. Dog, we did stuff. I made money, Man, I had some influence I had. It was good, dog, it was fun. I could see how young dude is attracted to.
Speaker 6: That, but you're not really supposed to It's not really like.
Speaker 7: I don't know how somebody gets put on a game that didn't grow up with the people, Like, how do you even motivate yourself to go shoot for a bunch of strangers. You might as well join the army or the Marines at that point. At least they gonna pay you.
Speaker 3: Like my homies.
Speaker 7: My homies is different, you know what I mean. I knew on my whole life, the young ones I raised them. The older homies raised me even before I wasn't doing nothing. When I was going to school, I would see them every day mean the people in my age, we would play as kids. So that is the motivation when something go wrong, to go stand up for them. It ain't got nothing to do with that sign at the corner. That's just what we call it. That sign don't mean nothing. The blood running through my own boy body means something. The sign don't mean nothing. The sign means us. That's all it means. And we gonna be that way even when we somewhere else. They don't have nothing to do with that. So I think a lot of the perception of gang banging is rut and in ignorance. People don't know, so they think it's something more than just really some people from this area coming up together, trying to make something of themself. So when you're saying to me, somebody at sixty five gang banging, I'm looking like, what do you mean? What are they doing? Are they out there selling dope? Do you think I see something wrong with somebody sixty five selling dope? How else they gonna make their money? What are they doing? What else could they be doing? Are they out there? Did somebody do something today today, little homie, and they busting.
Speaker 3: At sixty five? You a cold nigga.
Speaker 7: If you sixty five hopping in the car to go get somebody, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not playing with him. That nigga serious.
Speaker 7: And this for sure got to be his thirtieth time doing this because you don't just pick up the heart at sixty five to do this. That means you didn't get away with this a lot of times or you just got out of jail for doing this. Either way, I'm not playing with that man in sixty five. That's gonna hop in the course. Still, So when you ask, you know what I thought about old to push a right?
Speaker 3: You know what I just thought about? Right? Yeah, dude, tell your mafia right.
Speaker 5: Them dudes don't usually get made until they in they either their thirties or they older, right, and they move on up. Most of the bosses of mafia is who older people? Right?
Speaker 3: Do you think it's a devil standing when it come to that, y'all think you be? I think yes you are.
Speaker 7: I think yes, y'all are racist and prejudice when it comes to black people and how we grew up together as poor people. But y'all watch the movies with them old white men, and y'all look up to that. Y'all they cool because they wearing suits. Man, fuck them suits. The motherfuckers murder. The motherfuckers murder everybody. The motherfuckers.
Speaker 6: Man, game Backer can't couse people with no mafia.
Speaker 7: The mafia people will put a hit over your ass on everything.
Speaker 3: They will and they not. They not like you guys.
Speaker 4: Being a hundred motherfuckers eating green in the restaurant, don't tell soul. Like the nigga just laying there dead at the table, just got smoked.
Speaker 6: They baried you somewhere.
Speaker 4: For me and niggas is don't say nothing. So all our reputation of gang banging has always frowned upon. I think just because it's a black thing. I don't know you know any white people. We do is the people is frowned upon game. Niggas playing sports and they get the dancing in the end zone has frowned upon. And man, why they do it? They are why you can't They just frowned upon Kendrick at the at the super Bowl before you get me. But you know, fuck it, we take it on and keep it pushing because we know who we are, the people.
Speaker 3: That's all. What was you gonna say about Sammy?
Speaker 7: You Sammy, that murdered over twenty some people. Peop be doing people podcast right now. He then told on people murdered on in people and he be on podcasts and everybody looking up to him. But you see a crip. He didn't probably shot two three niggas. You're like, oh, this nigga a scumm of the earth.
Speaker 4: Or or or he the snitch. It's the biggest snitch or rat or whatever they wanted to go to. He lived comfortably every day, don't it an't worried about a motherfucker.
Speaker 7: Look on his YouTube information it's a sabatear Sammy de Boy Gravano. He got six hundred and twenty five thousand hours, one hundred and twenty seven million views. He done killed all these people for no reason. So many people that died for just because some simple shit. They didn't want to turn over money for their business and he knocked their motherfucker head off and they didn't bury their body.
Speaker 6: They family still ain't found them.
Speaker 7: He on motherfucking YouTube with a million subscribers, and you niggas want to talk to me about old game Baker. He on their that man every bit of seventy nine on there talking about who he murdered back the mother fuck in nineteen sixty seven, And you want to talk to me about gaming, talk about that. I wish the old game banker would, I imagine took you at channel. He wouldn't have a million followers. You nigga be game member. You see what they did the tiki they killed, TOOKI over allegedly robbing a man at seven eleven and robbing somebody and shooting him at a hotel allegedly. This motherfuck that's two people. He got the death penalty. They put that motherfucker underneath it. He changed his life, wrote books, all kind of shit. They killed that motherfucker. Still, Sammy the bull set up. They figured out he set up twenty murders. So you know it's way more than that, because they didn't figure them all out. This motherfucker and went got out of jail after murdering all in people, right after murdering all in people, got out of jail, starts selling dope in Arizona, went back to jail, got.
Speaker 3: Out and started a fucking YouTube channel. And you interviewed him.
Speaker 6: But you want to sit here ridicue me about is it too? Is a gang bang?
Speaker 7: This mother told on everybody. He talked to a million subscribers about what he did in nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 6: All niggas is hypocrites.
Speaker 4: But we frown upon our own type. You get me. That's that's it's always that. You know, you'll see people like, oh, why this nigga's still doing all? You too old and you did this bigga still representing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, first of all, the whole getting old thing. Man, When somebody told me the other day, man, you get old. I said, Man, this ain't like you. You say that, like you hurt my feelings or something. This is my strength. This is my bags of honor. You know how much stuff I don't been through? You know much stuff? You don't been through. You have much stuff eight donet been through. It's like we don't been through some stuff. Man, we don't have been through some some circumstances to get these grades in our bigs. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm proud of it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody ever tell me it's nothing about being old. It's my strength.
Speaker 7: That's why I won't let you convict me on this crippon.
Speaker 6: Like I'm out here being a great representation.
Speaker 7: I look at people like dogging them them people being great representation what we could become and still be proud of everything we've been through. I look at eight, all the older armies and people that walk the path that I walk and then made it in the music industry and changed their life, and shit, hell no, I don't think they too old to be where they're from. I'm proud that MC eight is still m C eight. That mean the world to me that he ain't woke up one day he was like, you know what, I'm too old. I'm just aaron. No that nigga ate right now, that nigga message his phone say big o cho when you see that, that's Big eight. I love when I look at someone I see Snoop Dogg of Ice Tea. Why should we be ashamed of R Street cultural experiences, feemy? If you're a righteous man, n' the fuck I you the law ain't the ultimate judge in his life.
Speaker 3: Sign me.
Speaker 7: The bull got a million subscribers down there on fucking YouTube from talking about telling on these people and killing all these people. And you want me to look at some older black man that's, you know, surviving the best way he can and be looking at him like, man, you too old?
Speaker 6: To be doing that.
Speaker 3: Fuck all that them all white me. How old was Paulie when they killed Paulie Pauli on a on a good feelers, No Big Paulie. Oh you talking about sopranos.
Speaker 7: No, no Big Paulie, the real big party that got killed that when power mc john got he took power hold on Big Paulie. College Uh Constellano, Big paul died. That man was seventy, the one that got killed out in front of the Sparks Steakhouse in the Lincoln back in the seventy How old was the people that probably some mother old man knocked him down? Maybe ship let them tell it. They say, God, he set it up based off the movies. But they didn't he gonna move out the way. They knew that man wasn't playing with them. They knew if they didn't take that man head off and try to take his job, that man would have had all them people killing their family killed.
Speaker 3: Yeah for real, for real. So when y'a asking me, when y'all asking me, is there two age?
Speaker 7: First off, if you sixty you hit somebody twenty five upside their head, they probably gonna whoop your fucking ass. So you ain't finna be out there slapping nobody upside their head.
Speaker 3: Part two.
Speaker 6: If you sixty five and you walk around as motherfucking the rag, you ain't finna get away from nobody shooting at you.
Speaker 7: So you want to die anyway, your bague of food. Either way, Lord knows. If you Sissy six and you hopping the car to go put in work, I don't want to say nothing bad about you, period, because obviously you are a professional. If you Sissy six jumping in the card goo, shoot, that's some nigga. Still you gotta be the real deal, Yeah, man, shout out to a rodeo.
Speaker 5: Shut out to all the O G riders. Shout out to all the O G riders and them eight do I recommend it?
Speaker 7: Nigga, I'm not finna say nothing to that old nigga, that nigga still killing niggas that at sixty six, Man, I'll be the last nigga to talk about him.
Speaker 5: Here, Marv is seventy something. He ain't nothing to play with. I would tell people, do not play with that man.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: That man is before old Pop Ruin Bro, when gang bang has started, he was already in prison. You not listening to what I'm saying, that means what he is don't got nothing to do with Popu. He was that way and this just fit his way of life. He was already who he was, That's who. That's how all of this stuff work. This stuff really just make you more of a man. It don't mean the law supreme, So you go. If you're a raggedy man coming into it, you're gonna be even more raggedy. If you're a righteous nigga, you're gonna have power to enforce righteousness. But the law is just not the ultimate morality.
Speaker 3: That's it. The law don't matter.
Speaker 6: The law is not the judge.
Speaker 7: So you start to take away like like somebody like O g FINDI feel me like he not finna go to jail for selling no dope, no more now shit. I don't know now if quarter Pieces, if Rocks was back install and everybody starts.
Speaker 3: Smoking crack shit, he might open up a spot because he gonna eat. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: But what I'm saying to you is he gonna do what it take to survive, because that's what this thing is all about out and he ain't finna let nobody play with his name right now at his age. Shame with Tracy Davis. Tracy ain't finna let nobody play with his fucking name. You ain't gonna be playing nigga. He ain't for he min ain't gonna come look for you like he used to. But when he see you, bro, you got a problem. That's the type of line.
Speaker 3: Cracking.
Speaker 7: Molder, Homie, Moon, molder, homie, shady, molder homie, pluck all my older homies. I send the six them niggas ain't playing niggas an blow your head off.
Speaker 3: You playing with them, man, don't play with them people.
Speaker 6: And I believe in that.
Speaker 3: That's real.
Speaker 5: Well, man, ain't having technical difficulties. Man, were about to check out of here glasses. I thank you man for coming and kicking it with your people, man and always taking up for your cripping man and your gen here you that's it man. On that note, man, we out here, shot all the crips out there, shout all the bloods, all the PI rules, everybody, bang bang, all right, we gonna all all the people, all the human beings out there, and we out well. That concludes another episode of Against the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download the iHeart app and subscribe to The Gangst Chronicles podcast For Apple users, find a purpose micae on the front of your screen, subscribe to the show, leave a comment and rating. Executive producers for The Gangst Chronicles podcasts of Norman Steel Aaron M.
Speaker 3: C a.
Speaker 5: Tyler, Our visual media director is Brian Wyatt, and our audio editors tell It Hayes. The Gangster Chronicles is a production of iHeartMedia Network and the Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeart Radio app Apple Podcasts Wherever you're listening to your podcasts