Speaker 1: Spring is buzzing right along, and I can't think of a year when I've enjoyed it more. We've had several warm days, warmer than our last several springs, which means I've been outside a lot. That always makes my heart very happy. When all my senses are attuned to the sights, the smells, the sounds, the songs of nature, I can much more easily shrug off the troubles of the day when I go outside, when I go for a walk, when I sit on a park bench, when I take my son down to the little beach near our house and let him feed the pigeons, all that stress kind of melts away. And if you pay attention to the tiny beetle who is on an impossible mission, or notice the little wrin. I have a little wren that's building a nest somewhere, And every day she comes to my back door, my back porch and gathers pieces of hair from my dog. And she comes and she grabs it and flies away. I know she's putting it in her nest. Maybe you see the busy squirrels dashing about, You feel more refreshed. You can go back to your task, and your heart is at peace. If you don't have a patch of grass or a bit of shade to escape to, well, there's always music. Put your earbuds in let music carry you away. My guest today is happy to help, providing uplifting songs that will brighten your mood. And she cares about the world deeply. Nine time Grammy nominee, five time GMA Dove Award winning Female Vocalist of the Natalie Grant, She is an icon in Christian and gospel music. Natalie, who many of you know from her numerous hits on Christian radio, has toured with such greats as Bob Norman, Jeremy Camp who is adorable, as well as multi platinum selling Mercy Me. Last year she released an album, Seasons, and the single you Will Be Found from the Broadway play Dear Evan Hansen has crossed over from Christian music to mainstream music, where it landed on the Top twenty chart. And now get this, she has a collaboration with Dolly Pardon covering Whitney Houston's Step by Step. It is receiving lots of buzz and it is beautiful. In addition to garnering more than five hundred million streams, and multiple number one albums and singles on Billboard charts. She's also a respected author and a philanthropist. She's the co founder of Hope for Justice, a nonprofit organization in the fight against human trafficking. Hope for Justice has thirty two offices across nine countries and five continents and has helped over one hundred thousand children in the past year. Before we chat with the talented and the beautiful Natalie Grant, let me tell you about one of my podcast sponsors that really makes my heart sing. Have you been looking for a milk replacement because you have dairy allergies or sensitivities. Well, I found one that's absolutely amazing. It's Sherry's hazel Cream, made from Oregon hazelnuts. This plant based milk stands out from the competitors because it's designed for cooking and baking. It all started because Share, who could no longer tolerate dairy products, wanted to make gravy, but not gravy that tasted like coconut or oatmeal. So by enlisting the help of her engineer husband and a friend that's a food scientist, and through much trial and error, Sherry's hazel cream was born because of a special roasting process. It's very neutral and taste and works with a large variety of recipes. It comes sealed in shelf stable, easy to use, pre measured portion pods that you place into your blender. Add varying amounts of water to make milk cream or even condensed milk for pies and other mouth watering desserts. It's delicious and mashed potatoes and cakes, in creamy soups and even casserole dishes. Visit Sherry'shazelcream dot com to learn more about this product, to read Sherry's story and a place order It's at Sherry's Hazel Cream dot com. C h E ri s hazel Cream dot com. Use code Love twenty four for ten percent off your order that Sherry's Hazel Cream and Love twenty four. Hi Natalie, Hi, thank you for having me here. We throw out all the rules, We don't follow scripts, but I just want to catch up. I just want to hear what you've been doing. And you know, the world wants to know what have you been doing the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: We all survived, thank God, right, so we're here still and we're making music. And you know, honestly, twenty twenty seems like it so hard for me to believe that.
Speaker 1: Was for you three years ago.
Speaker 2: What I can't really wrap my head around that because I feel like there's maybe just a stretch of time that just evaporated into the whatever. But it's hard to believe it's been four years. But you know, sometimes it's hard to talk about how that that period of time was a gift because it was. It was hell for so many people, so many people who lost people they loved, or lost their job, or lost their houses or you know, so it's hard for a lot of people. But for us, it was a bit of a gift because it forced us to slow down. It forced us to look my husband and I look at each other's eyes and just talk and be with one another and our children. And honestly, it was a gift to have that time together. But my twin daughters are seventeen years old. They're juniors in high school, in that grade of trying to figure out what comes next. And you hear from the time if you're a young parent listening, you hear from everybody. Don't blame it goes so fast, don't blink and when you're in the thick of it, you're like, oh, that sounds so sweet whatever, but you can't actually digest that. It's not a cliche. Cliches become cliches because they're true. It goes so fast. I cannot believe that we are looking at colleges and talking about futures and it just seems impossible. My youngest daughter is thirteen, so I've got three teenage daughters, and I always say, yes, it's our favorite stage of life, even though it's very emotional and somebody is crying at some point every day, and it's usually my husband.
Speaker 1: At one point, I had five girls that were between like eighteen and eight, and while you know, I was dealing with the all, you know, five girls going through their emotions, I was going through menopause. Oh yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: It's so funny if people don't like, not enough people talk about menopause, and I'm just right there. I'm fifty two and I welcome to the Night Sweat right. I've never really heard people talk about it, and I just listened to this podcast that literally changed my life. I was like, I need to share this with every woman I know, even women who aren't close to menopause, so that they hear this conversation about what is normal, about what to expect, about what is okay.
Speaker 1: And nobody talks about it.
Speaker 2: Oh and yet then you feel like you're losing your mind, Like is this how I'm feeling is a real feeling, even if the way I'm feeling about it is not necessarily real, But my feelings are real. And you know, the weight gain and all of the things that nobody wants to talk about it. Just I feel like, as women, we have done each other a day service. It's true not talk enough about it.
Speaker 1: We don't talk about it, we don't explain it. We leave women guessing.
Speaker 2: For me, I just kind of made a decision just this year of like actually from about fifty and a half fifty i turned fifty. I was like, it's going to be amazing, real, live my best life. And then menopause hit and I was like, I'm living the worst days of my life. This is actually the worst stage of my life. And then I just kind of went, I'm not going to suffer for the rest of my life. I'm going to figure out things and ways to to get through this, to not ruin every relationship I have and live my best life to the best of my ability, you know. So I'm still figuring that out, but loving the conversation.
Speaker 1: My bestie and I used to laugh and she would say, actually, I think this is the first time we've been in our right mind in a long time. And I'm like, what do you mean by that? And she said, because you know, you put up, especially Delilah, with a whole lot of crap, and now you're just like saying no. I said, now I'm not saying no, I'm taking dynamite and blowing everything up.
Speaker 2: Oh, ed it up and saying this is what I should have said years years ago. I was scared. Why was I so timid? And now it's like, actually, I tell them all the time. I think fifties are amazing because you actually begin to tell the truth and you care less. It's not that you don't care, but you care less about what people think about you, and you care more about saying it's so much more important to actually say how I feel and to speak it out and to tell the truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah woo. So you raise girls.
Speaker 2: They are so different. But that teenage thing that we're in at the moment, and the dynamic because obviously I have twin daughters and then a younger daughter, and so there's always this dynamic make of a third wheel and a third I think that exists in any odd number of kid families, but especially in a family of three kids. Like I mean, I was the youngest of five, so I didn't feel that as much, but it's definitely this, and it's sometimes two against one because the twins have this like bond and our youngest daughters like here I am, and who do I have?
Speaker 1: And so you're the youngest of five? Yes, And how many great grands do your folks have?
Speaker 2: They have nine great grands and my kids are the youngest grandkids. And then it's kind of funny because my kids are closer in age to the great grandkids than they are to their cousins. Their cousins are more like aunt and uncles to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're the five that preceded you. You were the baby baby.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So my baby baby Natalie is eight and I just took five of my granddaughters on a little work trip. I had to work, and the oldest one is about to turn seventeen, So trying to explain to people know he's he's her uncle. That's like your kids. Your kids are our aunts and uncles to the great grand babies that they're closer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're closer in age to them. So it's so it's so confusing, but wonderful. I wouldn't change a second of it. I love big families, love when we're all together. So it's kind of nice because when we come out to the Northwest, we just get to see them all in one foul swoop and it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, and if you're here during the summer only, you're probably going to be working a lot this summer. I would guess you're going to be on stage a lot the next couple of months.
Speaker 2: I started taking my summer off when my kids entered middle school, and too much to the chagrin of managers and agents and everybody else, because summer is such a heavy work time.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, that's a Christmas especially in the Christian community of music industry. You got two months in December and then you got the summer conceptary.
Speaker 2: But I just said, I for me, I'm so grateful that I've gotten to do music. I'm grateful that what would be a hobby I get to call my job, but my calling, my first ministry is my family. And so I wanted to spend those days that they weren't in school. I wanted to be with them. So I said no to working. I don't work in the summer. I spend it with my kids.
Speaker 1: And will that be the case this summer? Are you sticking to your guns even though you're you and Dolly Pardoner? I tearing things up?
Speaker 2: Sticking to my guns. We're going to Europe as a family. It's always been the kid's dream to go to Paris, and we were going to wait and give it as a graduation present. And then, you know, one of the things I think COVID also did was just live life while you can. You can do what you can, you know, don't put it off. And so we said, no, we're not going to put it off. We're going to go to Paris and Italy and we're gonna eat our way through Europe.
Speaker 1: That sounds delightful. That sounds delightful for our best lives.
Speaker 2: We're very excited.
Speaker 1: Well, you're doing Peris and eating the bogettes. My husband and I my husband who's seventy, we are taking our two youngest and maybe a couple of my grandkids. Their mom hasn't decided yet across country in a thirty year old motor home.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that could make me tear up. So one of the reasons that I do like i'm a touring artist because when I was a kid and summers would hit, my dad was a traveling salesman and we had an old motor home and every summer, the day after we got out of school, all five of us kids and my mom and dad would get in the motorhome. So before I started touring for a living, I had seen every state in America except for the exception. I'd never been to Alaska, and I hadn't been to one other that was far far far east, and I can't remember now because I've been to them all. But that was such a gift as a family to do that to I love a road trip like I love a road trip. So I hope your daughter lets your cred kids go because that is the stuff life is made of. It's the good stuff. It's the good stuff.
Speaker 1: I stink in love a road trip. You got to have the road trip snacks and the games. You know, you figure out how many license playeds you can spot from all the different states and we write them down, and it's so much fun, so much fun.
Speaker 2: Discover that I even was so musical. Was like my siblings. We would all sing together in the car and my parents would sing, and it's just those are some of my fondest memories of my life. Are those trips.
Speaker 1: We do that too, Only here's the difference. I can't sing, but you're.
Speaker 2: Making a joyful noise.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad God said make a joyful noise. Are you going to be doing stuff with Dolly Pardon now that you've got this song with her?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Even the way that that happened was just such an incredible I don't know if anybody's ever shared with this knew the story about how we even ended up recording together, But.
Speaker 1: All right, tell me how step by step came up.
Speaker 2: So first, it was last March, or it might have been the March before month. Times the older you get time runs together, right. I was asked to come and do the season opener for Dollywood, which is in East Tennessee here, and so I was so excited to do the opening concert. I was like, the kids are going to come. We love Dollywood it's an incredible amusement park. And it was a couple of days before the show and my manager called and said, hey, I just heard from Dolly's manager and she's going to be at Dollywood. And she was wondering if only Dolly would say, if it wouldn't trouble you too greatly, could she come and join you on a song? And I was like, she can trouble anybody. It's named after her.
Speaker 1: It's Dollywood. I'm going to open Dolly.
Speaker 2: We can do whatever you'd like, Dolly. So she came in and sang with me, and it was such a magical moment for me, in a moment I'll never forget. She's so good. And there was so many takeaways for me, like for when she came to rehearse, and she came in and she knew everybody's name that worked at Dollywood. She knew the guy that was driving the golf cart. She knew the guy I mean she There were so many life lessons to me just about how she interacted. She knew their families, she knew what was happening with their families. She was asking about this person's child, and I just went, Dolly, you are this is why you're Dolly. And then so that was kind of it. I thought, I had my Dolly moment. I'm going to tell my grandkids about it. It's going to be wonderful. I knew that I wanted to. I was doing a remake record of all these songs that I've loved throughout the years, and I knew that I was going to do stuff by step because I've always loved Preacher's Wife and blah blah blah. So I was thinking, like, who do I want to do the song with me? Well, I didn't know that. My manager ended up asking Dolly. I had no clue. I'd never even said Dolly. And he said, hey, Dolly, would you ever be interested in, you know, doing this song? And so she listened to it and she said, oh, I love it so much, but I'm so sorry. My schedule isn't going to allow for it, and you know, blah blah blah. So he came and said, hey, I want to let you know Dolly passed. And I said, I don't even know what you're talking about. I didn't know Dolly was I didn't even know Dolly was an option, so I didn't know to be disappointed and it was about three weeks later and I got a letter on Dolly letterhead hot Pink Dolly as you would imagine it.
Speaker 1: To be, and it's probably framed. You framed it, Doniel.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, of course, And it just said, Natalie, I have keep listening to that song step by step. I keep listening to your version. It just keeps ringing and calling me back. I can't get it out of my head. And I just think it's such a good song for you and such a good song for the world right now. If it's not too late for me, would it actually be possible for me to sing that song with you? And I was like, what earth am I living on? Like? Dolly Parton wrote me a letter first of all, and then she asked if it was too late, if she could be on the song, and I'm like, Dolly, of course you can.
Speaker 1: Again, You're yeah, you're Dolly.
Speaker 2: The answer is always yes if it's Dolly. And so she we didn't get to record together because I was on tour and she was actually in a studio in East Tennessee. But one of the things too for me that was, you know, you've been in this business for so long, and you've heard so many collaborations, and you know, the people are usually never in the same room, and sometimes the person will just kind of send over what they send over, right, you know, they're like, this is the parts I'm singing, and they just especially if you're Dolly and you're you know whatever I'm going.
Speaker 1: To hear, Dolly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm seeing it through a few times. I'm gonna give you what I give you, and this is what you get that was not Dolly. Dolly shed so much about how she did it, and she arranged the vocals at the end, and she she gave her one hundred and ten percent to it, and I just thought, again, a woman that's been doing this for so long could have phoned that in all she wanted. But she really is. There's just nobody like Dolly Harton. She's one in a gazillion.
Speaker 1: One in a gazillion. I've had the joy of interviewing her a couple of times, and she is so kind and it feels like you're talking to an old friend. Yes, like she.
Speaker 2: Makes everybody feel like they're her best friend.
Speaker 1: It's a gift, Yeah, it's it truly is a gift. Now, and I also want to talk about Broadway's Dear Evan Hansen and how a Christian song ended up in a Broadway smash hit.
Speaker 2: Well, what's really funny is it started in the Broadway smash hit and it was always in Dear Evan Hanson, and that's really how the song became well known. Everybody knew it from the Dear even Evan Hanson musical and uh then Sam Smith, I think, did a cover of it, and it's funny. I'd never you know, I love Broadway, but I'm not like people. Some people are like musical junkies, you know what I mean. They like live for for Okay, yeah, they let they live for it.
Speaker 1: Do you see my hand going up?
Speaker 2: You're like, that's that one? You the guys that wrote the music for Dear Evan Hansen, And of course right now his name is slipping my mind and he's our friend, and it's one of the reasons I knew the song and it's uh.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's okay, it'll come to you and you're gonna And they.
Speaker 2: Also wrote all the music for the Greatest Showman and so many great Broadway musicals and movies. This song. I always loved the song, so it wasn't like I thought about recording it because I was like, I can't explain how it for me, what I would listen to it. I know it wasn't written as a Christian song, but I just felt faith when I listened to it. Every time I heard that, you know, just lift your head and look around, and you will be found if you feel the dark come crashing through when you need a friend. There's just so much about the lyric that I'm like, there's a hope in this lyric's a there's something that comes through this lyric that's more than just a song. And it was during twenty twenty A very dear friend's son was going through addiction and they didn't know where he was. And I remember when he called us and said, my son was literally just found in the middle of the street. He was passed out from drugs. So his son was literally the lyric says, and if you're broken on the ground, you will be found, and that's where his son was found, on the literal ground. And there was just something about it that struck me so deeply of who's been asking him the hard questions, who's been walking with him, who's been you know, And I think that watching somebody in my own family, my nephew go through deep addiction for years, and what that did to my sister and my family and other friends that have gone through mental health crisis, myself going through postpartum depression and then it turned into a real long battle of depression and anxiety. We don't as a person of faith, we don't have those conversations enough because we think of them as not worldly conversations, but we try to fix everything with like this little faith bow that we put on it. That that's not the Bible I read. Actually, the Bible talked so much about hardship, about questions, about difficult read through the Psalms. The writers of the Psalms. One day they're saying God is great, and the next day they're saying that God abandoned them. I understand the writers of the Psalms because they're on an emotional roller coaster all that. I'm like, I so get you where one day you feel strong in your faith and the next day you feel like God has completely forgotten you. And I think that recording this song, part of my intention was to help open up that conversation in the faith world where it's actually okay to talk about you can be a Christian and be depressed. You can. God doesn't want you to stay there, and there are so many ways that we can get out of that depression. But it real life, and in this broken life, I think when we try to make Christianity this nice, neat little package with a bow on it that isn't actually serving the children of God will. I think honest conversations about real life and real pain and real hope would serve people so much better. And it's one of the reasons I ended up recording this. And I feel it in America maybe more than other places even is just this real religious spirit, you know, this idea of religion that has these rules, And I'm like, where did we miss who Jesus is? And I feel like so much when you look around the world at the moment, especially in the church world. It's so funny because I was just having this conversation earlier this morning with somebody where the church gets so riled up about certain things that are the world, and You're like, the world is the world, Like why are you why are you getting so riled up? That's not this person that subscribes to your faith, So why are.
Speaker 1: You why are you expecting them to live by your rules with you can't ever live by your rules exactly.
Speaker 2: And so I feel like when you look at just go back to looking at Jesus. You go Wait, when he he was on the cross, in his most vulnerable moment, we see that humanity right before he gave up his spirit. We see him say why why did you forsake me?
Speaker 1: Why did you turn your back on me?
Speaker 2: Why why did you? And it's that moment where I'm like, okay, but even Jesus had those feelings. And yet we're trying to tell everybody to shut up about them, to stifle them, to pray their way out of it. When you're like, but even Jesus had a moment, and he's Jesus, It's okay to have your feelings. It's okay. He doesn't want you to stay there, but it's okay to acknowledge that it is. It's a real feeling. Acknowledge them, don't stuff them, because when people do that, that never ends.
Speaker 1: Well, never ends well. I love spending time with a special guest on our podcast and introducing you to them. This sponsor helps me on this mission of bringing their stories to life and I am so grateful spring has sprung and I am all about it. Life feels so fresh, so new, and in full bloom. I'm dressing the part in colors that capture the mood and in my makeup choices too. Enter Laura Geller Beauty and all the goodness they have to offer. Laura Geller has the lipstick of your dreams in a perfectly curated trio. A timeless cream lipstick that delivers intense color in a non drying formula, long wearing in light weight. The full coverage lipstick lasts from morning tour now much later evenings. It comes in three glamorous shades perfect for the warmer seasons, Move Majesty, Pink, Passion and Barry Bliss. And can we talk about the Spackle primer. The lightweight, non greasy formula creates the perfect base, minimizing the look of pores and filling in fine lines for a smooth complexion. With six different shades like Champagne, Ethereal, Rose, Glow and Bronze, you can wear these tinted primers with or without makeup and become a natural beauty with a beautiful sun kiss glow. This spring and summer, go for a glow up with Laura Geller Beauty find all that you need and more that you'll want at Laura Geller dot com. That's l a U R a g E l l e R Laura Geller dot com. It seems like Natalie Grant you. Your entire persona, your entire life is kind of centered around having the hard conversations and exposing the hard truths. And I applaud you, I salute you. I thank God that you are bold and brave. Hope for Justice as a nonprofit organization that fight again something that is so heinous and so deplorable that you must sometimes feel like you've got a big red X on your back or a bullseye because the people that are involved with human trafficking don't want right people to know the truth.
Speaker 2: You know, It's interesting because I've been in this this fight for so long. I first learned about it in two thousand and four. I'd never heard the term before, strangely, funny, whatever you want to call it. I was watching Law and Order Special Victims Unit, and they did an episode on human trafficking, and I had literally never heard the term, and I was actually angry because I knew the Law and Order, which is one of my still one of my favorite shows, and I was like, they're always ripped from the headlines. These episodes are based on a real case, but I'm like, they were showing kids being sold at the back of a van in New York City, and I remember being like irritated, going this, if this was real, if this was a we would all know about it. There's no way children. So I ended up googling what is human trafficking? And that Google search led me on a journey that took my husband and I to India. We saw trafficking firsthand. We toured braveels, my husband went undercover as a posing as a potential customer. I mean, we learned the reality of what it is. And that was even back in four. Started an organization in five, didn't even know what I was doing, but just knew I had to do something. We ended up merging with an organization in twenty and twelve called Hope for Justice, and this last year they rescued over one hundred and fifty thousand kids and are all over the globe. And I'm not the hero. I'm a mouthpiece. I talk about it, but there are heroes that have given their life to this fight, that are on the front lines of this fight, that every day one of our staff is having to move because somebody's found out where they live, and I mean, these people go into hiding. It incredible what they've given their lives to do. But what's also incredible is that this is the fastest growing criminal activity in the world. I mean, this is not something that's getting smaller. This is something that these evil will always find a way right to evil people will do evil things. And what they've discovered is, wait, drugs, we can sell drugs, but that's just a one time use. But a human being you can use over and over and over again. And so these people have figured out, like, wait a second, I can make all of this money off of one life that keeps being used, and the drug I have to keep replenishing my supply. And so you've seen drugs and arms kind of go down a little bit, but the sale of human beings have gone up. And it's amazing to me how people are finally talking about this. Finally you feel like this topic, this issue, this subject, it's like it's like it's having a moment right now where God has said enough this is going to be brought into the light. What's been in the deer just hearing it, and I do feel like we're coming into a season where God is accelerating those things that are in the dark being brought into the light.
Speaker 1: And there's there is so much in the dark. Children, Vanish and Indigenous women right the number is astounding, and.
Speaker 2: You go, where did they go? They're being trafficked.
Speaker 1: They're being trafficked.
Speaker 2: And I do see that tide changing a little bit where and we're having programs that really do help to go in and train law enforcement because when we first started talking about trafficking, they viewed the victim like a prostitute. So a victim would be arrested. When you're like, that's a that's a fifteen year old that you're putting it in June for prostitution. She she this is not the life she chose for herself. And even if you're saying, well, she did kind of, no, don't if my child has to get a permission slip to have their ears pierced, how is it that a fifteen year old can be held responsible for knowing what it is that they want to do with or without their No, we're failing kids in that way. But so many of these of these these law enforcement agencies don't understand oh wait, but that they're beginning to These are not prostitutes.
Speaker 1: This is not prostitution, This is human trafficking.
Speaker 2: These are victims.
Speaker 1: Well, Natalie Grant, thank you for spending all this time with.
Speaker 2: Me, for having me.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, creation you are an inspiration. So if somebody wants to come and see you, not the summer, because you're going to be tracked with your children and your husband. But where can they find you or where can they simple.
Speaker 2: Natalie Grant dot com. That's the same. My socials are under my name Natalie Grant, and my website Natalie Grant dot com has all my tour days.
Speaker 1: All right, so we can find you on tour. We can go listen to your song with Dolly step by step. We can go listen to the soundtrack of Dear Evannsen, which is a great soundtrack. Great soundtrack. And if anybody wants to get involved with your not the nonprofit just Hope.
Speaker 2: For Justice Hope for Justice dot org.
Speaker 1: Perfect, perfect, and hopefully people will step up to the plate and say, you know what I want to make a difference. I want to save a child. I want to I want to be a part of something bigger than me and greater than me that matters.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, Thank you for letting me share about that.
Speaker 1: Thank you, God bless you. I hope to talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: I hope to talk to you again too. Take care.
Speaker 1: Thank you for coming aboard and sharing from the heart today, Natalie. When you're done listening to this episode, there's a couple of things I want you to do. I want you to find step by Step featuring Dolly Pardon from her latest album, Seasons. I want you to check out all of her music. I want you to go to Natalie Grant nata l i e. Natalie Grant dot com for the latest information music, videos, concerts, and appearances, and just how to keep in touch. But most importantly, because I know this is what's most important to her heart, I want you to learn more about hope for justice and how you can get involved and save lives. I'm so thrilled to have had the opportunity to chat with Natalie today and for all of you to hear about her music, but especially about the good work trying to do. Whose life have you touched or inspired today Today, in this season of spring, the season of new beginnings, have you gifted anyone with a smile, a kind word, an important hug. Isn't it surprising that when we do the greatest gift doesn't seem to be in the giving, but in what we receive in our spirits. Be more giving of ourselves and you will find out it fills your own cup. I hope your cup runneth over like the babbling brook outside my window that calls bathing birds, darting dragonflies, and sheep to come to its banks to drink deeply of the fresh water. Thank you for spending time with Natalie and me today. Join me next time on Love Someone, and check out my daily podcast. Hey it's Delilah. And of course tune into my radio your program nightly so we can help keep each other company.
Speaker 2: M