Speaker 1: Transmitting, Hey, welcome to Monday show more Inning Studio. So they get to know your question is you have a second to think about it? What makes you most uncomfortable? Now do with it what you may, But what makes you most uncomfortable? When you look up, I know you'll have your answer. I'll start if I'm watching a movie or a TV show and there is a dog at risk of being shot. I was watching Mike What's it called Fallout on Amazon, one of many, and there's a dog At part of the show. He's run along and the dog. Things happen to the dog, and I'm like, don't care about the humans. Makes me uncomfortable that the dog is even there when you put I love dog so much, I don't even want.
Speaker 2: In the movie or the TV show, And there are a lot of those.
Speaker 1: The movie with Will Smith back in the day Wall where he's like fighting the end of the world.
Speaker 2: I am legend.
Speaker 3: The dog.
Speaker 1: So it makes me uncomfortable when dogs have there's a chance that could be killed or shot or hurt in a TV show or movie.
Speaker 2: Because that's all I think about Amy.
Speaker 4: It's weird.
Speaker 5: My brain went a completely different action with this, and I'm most uncomfortable when I have to pee.
Speaker 1: I know when Amy has to not always when she has, but when it gets bad, she starts rubbing her thighs and I know.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's like asory thing.
Speaker 3: Go to the.
Speaker 4: Bathroom, distract myself.
Speaker 1: That's that's our tell. I used to play a lot of poker. That's our tell. That means she has to pee, So yours is a physical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the worst feeling, Eddie.
Speaker 6: I'm uncomfortable when a bunch of kids want to come talk to me, like kids that I don't know, you know, like say, like I'm at a pool and these kids swim up and they're like, hey, mister, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, I uncomfortable, Like I don't want to be hear it around kids I don't know.
Speaker 1: So you're at the pool with your kids, Yeah, you're uncomfortable when a bunch of kids come up to have a conversation.
Speaker 2: Why would they I.
Speaker 6: Don't know, dude, Like, I've been in places where kids it's just like, who, I like your shoes, I'm like, cool, thank you.
Speaker 2: Lunch bikes.
Speaker 7: I hate it when women discuss that time of the month.
Speaker 3: Don't want to hear about it.
Speaker 2: Still even have to be married.
Speaker 7: Yeah, even when my wife's like, oh you know my aye. Yeah, yeah, I don't want to hear it. You deal with that on your own.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. That's there was a time and I was un comfortable with that. I think age is twenty, like twenty five. What's so bad about it? They're like, no, I have it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just note that if y'all had it, we'd be hearing about it all.
Speaker 2: I've writen a book about it exactly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I don't want to hear about it. Don't need to know, don't need any of that, just like, hey, you take.
Speaker 5: Care of that that I mean, but that's his I know it is it just I can go.
Speaker 1: To the store and buy it. No, probably don't feel weird. It's just normal. No, if I need to go, you can't buy it.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't do that. If your wife, what would you do?
Speaker 3: Then she can figure it out?
Speaker 2: Okay, No, you wouldn't even go.
Speaker 3: No. No, it's probably a.
Speaker 5: Hot button for me because my ex husband couldn't talk about it or help with it or do anything.
Speaker 4: And it was the most bizarre like it was.
Speaker 5: It impacted our relationship at times because I just couldn't be my No, it's not why, but he knows that it was a sore spot, like it was ridiculous. And now we have a daughter, and he's grown a lot, I will say, And now that we're not together, he's suddenly like, I'm really trying to embrace I'm really trying to embrace it and talk with her about it.
Speaker 1: And I get for him. Glad you guys are here.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. We got a big show today.
Speaker 1: Cole Swindell stopping by in the next hour, got engaged.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he talks about.
Speaker 4: That yet periods.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wasn't going to yell that word. Whether you just made uncomfortable. He's not rubbing his he needs to leave.
Speaker 3: Let's open up the mail bag. You send.
Speaker 8: All the air pick something we call Bobby's mail die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hello, Bobby Bones. I've been invited to a destination wedding. It's in Hawaii, but I don't know what's proper protocol is for these things. I've been asked to be one of the grooms men, but it doesn't make sense to go all that way just for a wedding. So my girlfriend are not gonna make a vacation out of it. My question is, since the wedding is technically why we're there, how much time should I set aside for the actual wedding build up ceremony.
Speaker 2: How much of the time can be our time? I want to live up to my.
Speaker 1: Responsibilities, but if I'm being honest, it's more about a nice Hawaiian vacation. What's the proper and respectful time balance on these things?
Speaker 2: Signed?
Speaker 3: Destination wedding Dan good question.
Speaker 1: Destination weddings are terrible unless they're very, very small. I know you had one eddie.
Speaker 2: I did in Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but people that have them and then expect a lot of people to come or even mid I feel like this. I don't like, that's tough. Yeah, unless they're going to pay for all. What we did is we got married in Hawaii.
Speaker 6: It was just the immediate family, brothers, sisters, and that I'm not talking about you. I'm just saying, and then we came back and you had a big party for everyone.
Speaker 1: Because people feel pressured that they have to go to a wedding to spend money they don't maybe don't have. I just feel bad for that type of situation. It doesn't sound like that's the case. I think you will hear in the invitation, or you can ask, hey, what's up?
Speaker 3: When do we need to be there?
Speaker 2: That's the front side.
Speaker 1: And then the wedding happens, and there's probably that night and then you're free and clear.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: There's nothing the next day.
Speaker 1: It's always pre so I would make sure you schedule your vacation on the back, like, have it start when the wedding's over.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: That way it's not interrupted by like, oh, you're already out here, can you help me do this?
Speaker 3: Oh doubt, that's spoil at all.
Speaker 1: Try to plan your wedding after, right, your vacation after.
Speaker 2: The wedding, right.
Speaker 4: That's a smart move.
Speaker 1: Because then you know when everybody's expected to be there. Because the other girls don't have the same criteria protocol. You know when it's over. That night, it's over, everybody goes home.
Speaker 3: You stay in Hawaii. That's the easy way to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what my family did.
Speaker 6: Like once the wedding happened, the next day, we flew out to go to a different island for a honeymoon. And then they stayed had a great time for about three days, and then they left.
Speaker 2: What did it got there early. That was you asking them for help on stuff.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, because you know you got to do the rehearsal dinner and then you do all that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I all, that's okay as long as it stated I.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't make any plans before the wedding because you don't know what they're planning on doing, or.
Speaker 1: If you do, don't even tell me going out there. Yeah, if you're gonna do that, we're not. We're still in West Virginia. I swear to God.
Speaker 3: I just saw you at Costco. So we got your maid on you. Now let's find the clode Bobby failed that.
Speaker 1: Damn you named the nineties movie all three of these actors are in Okay, only one movie that all three of these actors have been in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Named the movie?
Speaker 1: For example, if I said Leo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, and Billy Zane, that would be Titanic. Titanic nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Was that movie?
Speaker 2: Great movie?
Speaker 1: If I were to say Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Robin Williams, Goodwill Hunting, correct, you have five of these. Here we go, Jeff Goldbloom, Bill Pullman, Will Smith.
Speaker 2: Yep let's cretch out.
Speaker 1: What nineties movie are those three actors in Jeff Goldbloom, Bill Pullman, Meg Ryan.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait what?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sorry wait, I'm really screwing this up.
Speaker 1: There's two Bill Pullmans in a row here, Jeff Goldbloom, Bill Pullman, Will Smith, Jeff Goldbloom.
Speaker 2: Jeff gold Bloom, Bill Pullman, Will Smith.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna go with that one. We're gonna change it.
Speaker 9: Up, all right, Amy, men in black lunchbox, Independence Day, Eddie Man and Black.
Speaker 2: It's Independence Day. Yes, Oh that's right.
Speaker 3: I just don't remember that Goldbloom.
Speaker 6: Bl Bloom was like the friend of the president or something, the president president.
Speaker 2: He was a smart guy. He was a scientist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was president number two. Bill Pullman, Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan. What nineties movie or all three of those in I'm in lunchbox?
Speaker 3: You got the lead.
Speaker 2: I'll go to you first.
Speaker 3: You've got mail.
Speaker 1: Incorrect, Amy, you've got mail incorrect. Eddie, Well, you've got mail incorrect. Sleepless in Seattle.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, I didn't even think.
Speaker 3: I just heard make Ryan, Tom Hanks didn't.
Speaker 1: Even next up, they're thinking carry in Moss, Lawrence Fishburn, Keanu Reeves.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox one of the worst movies of all time.
Speaker 2: Matrix Amy, Matrix, Eddie, the Matrix, Job, Good Job, two more to go.
Speaker 1: Lunchbox has a big lead of one. Dennis Hopper, Sandra Bullock, Keanu Reeves. I'm in for the wind, Lunchbox, Speed Eddie, Speed Amy Speed correct.
Speaker 2: That maybe good.
Speaker 1: Yeah for like Corny Ones, I liked it. Though Speed two is bad, but Speed one's good. It's like, Okay, we saw this, We're still speeding.
Speaker 2: Next up. This is the final one. If he Lunchbox gets it.
Speaker 3: He wins.
Speaker 2: Rosie Perez, Wesley Snipes, Woody Harrelson.
Speaker 3: You don't need to go to them. It's over.
Speaker 1: Well, like to let him play though, Oh man, Eddie. White man can't jump.
Speaker 4: Any white man can't jump.
Speaker 3: What what what did you say?
Speaker 4: Man can't saying it right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Man, white man, white man, white man can't called that white man can't jump. But white men can't jump.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox, white men can't.
Speaker 2: I won the first one we have.
Speaker 1: We're going to go sudden Sudden, Depth Amy, You're out. I have a grand a grand champion. It's only one we do speed round buzz In. Whoever gets this one ride will be grand Champion. Here we go, Morgan Freeman.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox, Shawshank, Redemption.
Speaker 11: Yeah, your favorite movie.
Speaker 2: I didn't make the movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's your favorite movie, and I took you out on it, Shawshank. Get busy or get busy dying. Get busy winning or get busy losing.
Speaker 2: That is busy losing, incorrect loser. You have to still get it.
Speaker 1: You can hear the other two. Kevin Spacey, Brad Pitt. You have Morgan Freeman. Yeah, Kevin Spacey, Brad Pitt.
Speaker 2: Is that what's in the bag? What's in the bogs? Go with seven?
Speaker 3: The answer is seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Get busy winning or get losing. Beat at your own joke, Eddie, congratulations, thank you for the grand Champion. Lunchbox, you wanta say anything.
Speaker 12: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 7: Last week, the Cleveland Monsters were having their hockey game. The crowd's going crazy, the seconds are ticking down when someone whack shoots a puck deflected goes flying over the glass like a missile, heading straight for a four year old's head. And this dude, Andrew was sitting next to the four year old. Didn't know the kid, but just hurrah. Stuck his armouth and blocked a puck right in front of the kid's head, saved his life. And they take some selfies and he leaves and the mom is like, whoa, whoa, whoa, Like we should have done something more of this guy. So she gets on TikTok's like, hey, guys, I need to get ahold of this guy.
Speaker 3: He saved my son's life.
Speaker 7: TikTok reunited him, they had a reunion, and here's Andrew talking about being a hero.
Speaker 8: I saw it soaring on through and my first instincts was just a cover up. I had a couple other kids sitting behind me as well, so I just tried jumping in front of it, and I was able to reflect off my hand and luckily go over topple him and fall behind him into the seat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would have. There are lots of small children here. Get out the scene. Hide from the puck.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, you took the puck for the kids, maybe trying to catch it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not a pop fly, dude. If we're gonna cover though, i'd try to lay me in the back or the shoulder or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had to put my back there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he put his arm out, maybe trying to cut or just it could have just straight been reaction.
Speaker 6: Do you ever see the video of the dad who's got a baby and the baby bjorn and a beer and then he saves the lady from getting hit by a ball baseball.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: I bet it was just a react, right, I mean, this guy has a reaction to just stick it out and stop them.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Probably that's a great story.
Speaker 1: Hey, good for Twitter for doing something good and the four year old Twitter still done nothing good.
Speaker 2: Well, and the four year old got the puck. Yep, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 12: That was telling me something good on the Bobby Bones Show. Now, cool window, buddy, good, good to be here. He always good to see you in this setting. So a couple of questions I want to ask you. That has nothing to do with your career. Cool, all right, Cool, cool, because.
Speaker 3: I know you're getting married. It's all cool.
Speaker 2: Love it. You look happy all that. I just went through that so like a few years ago.
Speaker 1: So it's awesome to see because you and I talked about that so many times enough for both of us.
Speaker 13: I know you literally I was sitting right there when you said you got to make it happen. It's not just gonna happen.
Speaker 1: And I don't think you and I think who knows what I know, But I don't think like you forced anything. I think it came and you were actually open to it, which was the hardest thing to do.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's it's still hard to believe it happened at the time it did and it was just perfect time.
Speaker 3: How involved are you in the wedding planning process.
Speaker 13: Just saying yes, okay whatever, that's Uh, she's doing a lot of it.
Speaker 1: But where I got in the same right, same where I got into trouble was I didn't present my availability.
Speaker 2: I was just like, well, you're doing it all right?
Speaker 3: What I should have done.
Speaker 1: And my advice to you, because I just went through this and we're both you know, we're not twenty two, no, we're both established. It would be just to say, hey, whenever you need me to do anything, I'm happy to go anywhere with you.
Speaker 2: Right. I didn't really do that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's probably you were right in the middle of it now and you know I'm there to help when I can, but I know this is her day and no.
Speaker 1: I hear you though, But I'm just saying even if she never uses that.
Speaker 2: It's just like, hey, I would when you need me, I would let me know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because then it can never be used against you that you had nothing to do with it, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, well that's the good advice. How did you propose?
Speaker 13: We were heading to the ACMs last year and I on the way out of town where the video shoot for some habits is kind of that was like our first date kind of deal, and just dawned on me. I was like, I wanted to do it in Texas, but I just thought on the way out of town, we'd stop by where we did the video shoot. So that's where I did it, on that little dirt road we shot the video And did you record it?
Speaker 3: Record it?
Speaker 13: Yeah? I had my camera go out there, so there's clips of it. We hadn't really released a lot of it, but yeah, it's somewhere in the field up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 13: Man, that's the most nervous I've probably ever been in my life, other than talking to her dad.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's nerve wracking to ask, even though you know the answer.
Speaker 3: It is probably the same way.
Speaker 2: Like I was nervous, but I felt like she was gonna say yes.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but I mean you're just there. And at one point, I kept repeating myself, was like, just ask her, this is getting out of hand here.
Speaker 2: How did dad talk go?
Speaker 13: It was fine, you know in person. Yeah, at her house she grew up in. And that was definitely more nerve wracking than than asking her to marry me, just because I can't imagine being a dad and having a daughter. And I don't know that I would think anybody's good enough for you know so, and he's just he reminds me a lot of my days. Just a great guy. And her whole family. I mean, I think, you know, losing both your parents so young to have a second chance at you know, a family like that. And I still have my brothers and some uncles and aunts and stuff, but they are just I mean, I don't know, it just reminds me of my family, and uh, that's a big part of you know, the whole deal, getting to you marry into a family like that, and I just think it's been it's just been a blessing.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Do you say that.
Speaker 1: I don't, you know, have a mom or dad and so. But her parents, my wife's parents, my in laws, they're awesome.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean that's a big deal. That's a big part of it, I feel like, and it just they've taken me in and it's it's like a literally like a second chance that having something like that.
Speaker 1: So I said on the air last couple of weeks, like I never thought I would really love them. I thought they'd be my wife's parents, like i'd always.
Speaker 3: Actly like I love them. We hear stories.
Speaker 13: I know, it's like it could be that we're lucky then, because that is they're great people.
Speaker 2: Did she know you were going to propose?
Speaker 13: I mean, I think she had a clue, but she thought I was going to do it somewhere else. We love Pinewood Social That was one of our first like coffee spots and stuff. So she thought I was gonna do it there. But I think when she saw me, you know, wearing something on the bus that I probably wouldn't all.
Speaker 3: I'm proposing today.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, she didn't know where I was going to do it or whatever, but I think obviously, I mean she had to let her know. You cauln't just surprise somebody like that and her not be.
Speaker 4: Like her nails.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, they were done.
Speaker 13: Yeah, she she had a clue, but I honestly thought she thought it was gonna be in Texas anyways.
Speaker 1: So okay, so you brought up a CMS going there. This is just me asking you because I feel like I.
Speaker 3: Can, yeah, if I'm comfortable.
Speaker 2: Did you get heat for not thanking her and when you won because you just.
Speaker 3: Proposed and not did I not think? No? No, No, I just wonder did anything I didn't?
Speaker 13: I mean those kind of moments, it's like the proposals, like I don't. I'm not used to that situation. You know, I haven't won many awards, so I mean, I'm sure I left a lot of people out and I got to be up there.
Speaker 2: No, No, like, well you didn't even nothing was said.
Speaker 13: She thought it. She didn't bring that up. She was letting me, I guess have the moment. We got to enjoy it together. But now that you bring it up, I'm better apologized.
Speaker 1: Things I wonder because I thanks like I'm in a time machine, like two years ahead of you, you know. Okay, one other question about this thing, r s VP. I never r s VP did anything of a whole life, Like never, I was like, who cares RSVP? But when I was having a wedding and people wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I'll be like, why are people telling me hilarry?
Speaker 13: Though I know exactly how you feel like, I'm not feeling that out. I'm not addressed.
Speaker 2: That's what I would do.
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 13: Absolutely, And then when it's you, though, it's it's a little different. And just to get into that, the invitations and who you only have so many people, and it's just like, I don't I don't like hurting people's feelings and this is gonna be an issue probably and it's just we're doing a little small thing for the ceremony than having a reception. But it's, uh, it's already I don't know. Who do you? You can't send out enough inviotes. I feel like everybody deserves to be there that I know, but it's it's just tough.
Speaker 2: And then the people that you pick to come, when they don't r s VP, you're like.
Speaker 3: Why do it even peak? Yeah exactly, I could have.
Speaker 2: Picked yeah RSVP.
Speaker 1: They clicked the steak or the chicken, and now I got to do both because you won't freaking answer.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's all I did. Those were the questions.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I've been waiting to ask you about I love.
Speaker 13: Talking about it. Used to make me uncomfortable because I didn't have much to talk about. So now it's, uh, I don't know. I'm just happiest I've ever been, and just not just career wise. Now it's uh, there's more to life than the music, and I'm loving it.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna play Forever to Me. It's a perfect way to get into that.
Speaker 1: So you wrote this book with a couple guys, grayln James and Rocky Block. It makes sense that this song I played after because of the situation, the excellent, wonderful situation you're in now with your life.
Speaker 2: But is that why you wrote it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were.
Speaker 13: I wrote it before the National Championship back in January. We were out there. I had a show the night before and I was just telling Gator in there, We're about to go to bed, and they were talking about Courtney and they were like, we need to do you have a song, you know, like that for her? I was like, I've written a couple, but nothing I think is good enough yet. And they were asking about it and I said, She's forever to me, and they both looked at each other and just crazy. Usually I'm the one that catches some something like that, like that needs to be the song. But I was just talking and those sometimes that's how the best song starts. So we ended up writing it almost was we were almost late to the game, and I tolt him.
Speaker 3: I didn't care.
Speaker 13: We got to finish it. It just was the lyrics were flowing and it just felt felt special. So the fact I get to put it out and you are playing it, man, it's it's a different feeling when it's you know, personal, like.
Speaker 3: This on the Bobby Bone Show. Now, I want to do.
Speaker 1: Some Georgia trivia with you at your home it is. It's been a while, yeah, but it's still your home. My home is always, you know, I dominate Arkansas trivia. I just want to throw some Georgia at you. Georgia State nickname Peche State.
Speaker 3: Boom. But you're so worried about embarrassing.
Speaker 13: If I don't know it, I'm gonna miss one.
Speaker 2: Come on, what's the capital of Georgia?
Speaker 3: Atlanta? Boom?
Speaker 4: Two for two?
Speaker 3: Wow, there's only six?
Speaker 2: What famous beverage was invented in Atlanta in eighteen eighty six?
Speaker 3: Okay? Cool? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Hey, come on, what river forms part of the eastern boundary of Georgia.
Speaker 2: He's struggling here.
Speaker 13: Hoopy, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: That is a golf club.
Speaker 13: I was thinking golf.
Speaker 2: It is the Savannah River.
Speaker 13: Savannah. I was born in Savannah. That's terrible.
Speaker 2: I just cinema out.
Speaker 13: Let's go to a hoopy like river.
Speaker 4: Questions are okay.
Speaker 3: To do you? Yes?
Speaker 2: All right too?
Speaker 1: Left, Let's see how he does. What's the state tree of Georgia. I didn't even know this was a specific tree.
Speaker 13: I wish it was a pine tree, but it isn't.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's not just an oak. It's a live oak, live o. I would have thought Georgia pine.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: No, that makes sense. But I don't eve think I know the state tree of Arkansas.
Speaker 4: You don't have the same.
Speaker 3: Read oak, that's Arkansas tree. Get to be the tree?
Speaker 4: Also, peaches come from trees, so could it be the peach tree?
Speaker 13: I mean peach tree city.
Speaker 2: I don't live oak also my nickname of college.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, And finally, if you get this, I will give you five hundred bucks right here, let's go. He's never gonna get it, though, I don't know anybody that would know this unless you're like working for the state or like in politics.
Speaker 2: What is Georgia state motto?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be like.
Speaker 2: Millions of peaches?
Speaker 13: Can we change it?
Speaker 2: You'll know this is im possible.
Speaker 3: I don't know what. Tell me what is? Because I was there's three.
Speaker 1: Words wisdom, justice and blank wisdom, justice and truth.
Speaker 2: That's a good guess.
Speaker 13: Freedom, moderation, moderation.
Speaker 1: Who knows that the other sudden death one was? What school was located in Athens, Georgia?
Speaker 3: You know that one's school?
Speaker 2: It's located in Athens, Georgia.
Speaker 1: Who's your list of top five people you've never met that are still alive that you would like to meet? M cole Swindell's here, we're putting them on the spot. You know, I've never never met George straight boom.
Speaker 3: Wow, Well that's crazy, that's cool, that's I'd love to. Tiger's one of the number two.
Speaker 13: Have you met Jordan? I have just recently. I didn't get to play golf. Think I don't have enough money to share hold with him, but I did. Yeah, I got to hang out with him after a round and at his course at the Grove.
Speaker 3: Have you been down there?
Speaker 1: That's why would I go to this? How would I go down there? How would I go down there? You and Colin Kane Brown are the same, like, hey man, you've been done in Tiger sports?
Speaker 2: How would I or not Tiger? But Michael talking.
Speaker 13: About I can do more cool stuff than anybody.
Speaker 2: That's all I fake it? Okay, anybody anybody else come to mind?
Speaker 3: Ex give me one more. You haven't met that. I'm trying this tough.
Speaker 1: In the sports world, specifically, who would you like to meet? You ever met Del Murphy?
Speaker 13: I'm not I've spoken with him and he sent me a jersey, but he was one of my heroes. Him and Randy Travis growing up like different worlds. But was Chipper? I know Chipper a buddy, Yeah, but who else?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 13: It's tough, I mean in.
Speaker 3: The sports world.
Speaker 13: But Will Ferrell, I'd like to the poet I've never met the post Yeah, exactly. He didn't want to meet me exactly on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 1: Now you can check all out on the Win the Night Tour and get tickets at Clswindell dot com and starting May thirtieth in Boston, and it runs in a lot of the cities are our show's in and you're all over the place. You do a great live show. You know, I think people should go. So I said that, thank you. I want people to know they should go and go to Colswindell dot com to see it. I have a couple more questions for you. Would you rather never have a number one again? Or the Braves never win a world series again?
Speaker 13: Need my career to keep going, so I'm gonna have to I can't say that either Braves got to win a world set.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good answer either. That's just what you say because it's really not real.
Speaker 3: I'm doing the game. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: So here you are.
Speaker 1: It's like you're like, you're not the kid anymore. We first met you, you were like the kid. Yeah, now you're like a real adult. Like is your songwriting do you feel like it's a little more adult like it's not so much.
Speaker 13: Just well no, I think party and yeah, absolutely no. And I, like I said, I'm just glad that I've had a chance to be around this long to kind of grow up in music with my writing and everything. And I think this phase of life I'm in, I'm getting to like this next album. You know, I get sent songs. I'm like, that is a huge hit. I feel like, but I can't pull that off anymore, and I don't that's not me anymore either. So it's just I think this next album will be more.
Speaker 2: When is the next album? I don't even know this year.
Speaker 13: I mean probably you know, later later this year. But I'm excited from obviously three feet tall forever to me. People were like, is this gonna be all tear jerkers or I'm like, no, We're gonna have some different stuff. But I just think it's you have to be careful, you know what you're singing. I want to believe it, and I want people to, you know, believe what I'm singing and what I'm writing. So it's just going to be different. I feel like a little more hopefully mature, and I'm just glad that I, you know, get to kind of tell my story through my songs.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: So do you ever have any songs that you wrote and you regret you not recording songs that you wrote, not just songs that you passed over, but somebody but like you wrote them, and you're like, I.
Speaker 13: I mean, yeah, there's still some that and I know it probably bothers the writers I wrote them with more than me. It's like, how do you not record that? And it's just, you know, there's no really reason. It's just maybe I didn't give me at the time.
Speaker 2: You're like, you're so proud of it, and you're like, man, I.
Speaker 3: Just I'm gonna pass it on.
Speaker 13: Oh my gosh, give me one trying.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can give you a couple that I think are good.
Speaker 1: Tell me, like I think Belly Carrington Summer Forever song, Oh yeah, that was a good one. I think you had have sayen that one had been really good, right, And.
Speaker 13: I mean obviously that that other people have recorded. I think roller Coaster roller Coaster would have been that was. But at that point it was just I couldn't believe that Luke was recorded. I remember heard it. It just yeah, that would be yeah, no, me and just me and Michael carter Man. That was I didn't even know what we were doing.
Speaker 3: I couldn't.
Speaker 13: I don't think Luke could believe it either, But that was That's a special one. I but honestly, I can't say I wish I would record it because that I mean, those songs that before I got my record deal kind of put my name out there, and that ultimately landed. See where I am.
Speaker 1: So Ray, if you give me a little bit of music, we're gonna throw Cole under the bus. One more game here. I just like it's fun. I can do it to him.
Speaker 2: Top ten Famous musicians from Georgia.
Speaker 3: Cole.
Speaker 1: Top ten famous musicians any format from Georgia.
Speaker 2: How many can you get?
Speaker 3: Top ten?
Speaker 2: Let's go give me one, Give me one?
Speaker 3: Alan Jackson.
Speaker 2: Alan Jackson is a number four. Correct, you're still alive. Nice. Now when you miss one, you get shout with paintball, so to be ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know you don't know where it's coming from.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Famous Otis Redding Musicians at number two Otis Redding.
Speaker 3: Great job, Nice. I did you know that he's from Georgia. Yeah, Ray Charles.
Speaker 2: Number one, Ray Charles, Otis, come home.
Speaker 1: There's seven left. Top ten Famous musicians from George Jason al Dean. Jason al Dean did not make the list. That strike one. There are three strikes. There are three strikes in baseball. Don't sit put the gun away, got away? You got two strikes left to go ahead?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I should know this.
Speaker 3: I know you do it okay.
Speaker 1: Top ten famous musicians artists from Georgia. You got Ray Charles at one, Otis Redding it to Alan Jackson at four.
Speaker 2: I'd say, thank of your friends. That would be a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is Luke Bryan on Luke Bryan's at five?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 3: What on earth?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 13: I'm sorry, Luke. I just thought I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are no there's no Trish Yourwood.
Speaker 2: Where's she from? She's that's faith till no two strikes strike to shoot him?
Speaker 3: All right? No one more ediot. Two of them are rappers.
Speaker 13: Oh oh, can I say outcast?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Andre three thousand for outcasts on there? Uh no, t I did not make it, so shoot him all right. We have James Brown at number.
Speaker 1: Three, yeah, Augusta, I know, Zach Brown at number eight. The other rapper was Ludacris at nine.
Speaker 2: Luda.
Speaker 1: You have a little Richard. And then you have at number ten. Oh, there's no other country artist Travis tred at ten.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, wasn't on there.
Speaker 1: Eleven top of eleven though, and Tricia I'm good on top eleven. Do congratulations on everything. Thank you so much, man, Thank you for having a new song.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: It looks like your personal life is getting extremely complicated in the most positive way, and that's what we're looking for.
Speaker 13: You know, thanks for the advice. I'm looking forward to see you y'all next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's already out.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, everybody save the gift.
Speaker 2: That we're going to give him.
Speaker 3: He's out of here. There is close window.
Speaker 12: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 1: A dog got himself into a bit of a mess. So dog chase animals. An animal comes out. It's in Alabama. Dog goes, I like to catch that raccoon. Animal runs in a cave. Dog runs in a cave. Dog gets stuck in the cave. So first responders heard that a dog was barking from inside the cave. They get there, they can't call and get them out. So it's getting dark and they're like, this dog is either trapping the cave or scared to come out of the cave. So they call the Huntsville Cave Rescue Unit and they're volunteers, but they have expertise and they had the equipment, and they went down and got the dog and walked out of the cave.
Speaker 3: That's that's amazing that they did that.
Speaker 2: That poor dog might scared to death, I.
Speaker 6: Know, but dons are so stubborn, like to go into the cave to get the raccoon. Like, once they get their mindset on something, they're like, I'm gonna get that raccoon.
Speaker 4: I don't think they know they're not gonna be able to get.
Speaker 6: Out correct and then they're just like uh oh, yes, or are they like uh oh or are they just like this is my new life now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just gonna sit here in this I live.
Speaker 1: Yes, great story, So Huntsville Cave Rescue Unit A plus. Appreciate that that's from inspire more dot com and that is what it's all about.
Speaker 3: That was telling me something good.
Speaker 2: Here's a voicemail from Christine in Atlanta.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to get Bobby's opinion on this new movie coming out with Tuning Tatum and Scarlett Johansson coming out in the summer.
Speaker 3: Calls Bimey to the Moon.
Speaker 15: You're big on this whole moon.
Speaker 13: Landing hoax conspiracy and it's basically a movie telling the world that it was.
Speaker 3: A whole shut up and it was a hoax.
Speaker 15: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: Are you planning on seeing it? Wondering movie Mike's thoughts too, love the show.
Speaker 1: I don't know much about it. First of all, here are my thoughts on the moon landing. Do we land on the moon yet?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 2: But do they tell us everything? No, because some of it have been recreated because we didn't.
Speaker 1: Get Yeah, I just don't think they're being honest with this, which how often does the government really honest with us?
Speaker 2: Ask yourself that question? So do I think that for sure?
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 1: For sure we know everything about what happened we went to space in nineteen sixty nine and nope. But I've always said I think we probably went to the moon if we did not go, like, well, I believe it because I got a bunch of liars in there. However, I'm for sure now, I'm almost for sure. It can't be for sure if there's a lot of stuff they didn't tell us, or that they had may had to recreate some of that stuff on a screen because they didn't get the footage. Or I don't even know what the movie's about. Hey, movie, Mike, this movie? Is it a documentary?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 14: Today, it's a comedy making fun of it. Scarlett Johanssen. Scarlett Johansen comes in and tries to make NASA cool, and they're like, we're spending so much money making them cool, we have to have a backup in case we don't actually get footage up.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 1: I think that could have been what happened a bit too, where some of the footage because they never even been there. But they can also place cameras on parts of a ship the boots don't match the print. There's a lot of things that happened where I'm like, we don't know. They're not telling us the whole truth. But they've often not told us the whole truth about many things that have happened in history. When did the conspiracy theory start?
Speaker 2: Yesterday? I still just saying, let's start it, like no one said this in nineteen seventy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah they did.
Speaker 1: Oh they did immediately after the day after. Because I've seen new reports, I've seen people talking about people can think I was watching TikTok fro nineteen seventies and what happened was exactly it was people drawing it off the paper and passing it around. I would say, it's still as I've always said, if you made me bet, yeah, we landed on the moon, But do we know everything that really happened? On the moon, as in, like it is all that footage real? I don't think so. There's just too many weird things about the footage. And what do you think about that theory? It's possibility, but do you.
Speaker 3: Think that is?
Speaker 1: Do you think I'm crazy man for that that? It's not my theory? By the way, I didn't invent it. Do you think I'm crazy man for thinking that? I don't think you're crazy. I buy into it too. We're not saying we didn't go, could have not gone, But I'm saying there's been stuff for sure that's faked because they didn't even show the real footage on camera. They had to shoot it on a sheet and take the sheet and then all of a sudden, there's so many things that have gone missing.
Speaker 3: Exactly. You guys believe you guys all you're crazy.
Speaker 2: We haven't said anything. Hey, me and Aaron Rodgers will be over in the corner talking about crazy stuff. Yeah, you and Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't know that was a movie coming out, But I'm gonna trade as a documentary.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna watch it? I already know it all.
Speaker 3: It looks good.
Speaker 1: I'm sure if Channing Tatum and Scarlett Johansson around it. Ray Ramono's in it too, absolutely then, and you love Channing Tatum and Ray Romano.
Speaker 4: I love him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we played golf of Ray Romano once. Yeah, he's the nicest guy ever. So all right, thank you for the call, Christine. Now it's time for the Morning Corny.
Speaker 3: The Morning Corny.
Speaker 5: Why does the mushroom always get invited to pizza parties?
Speaker 4: Because he's a fun guy?
Speaker 2: Fun guy?
Speaker 3: Are there?
Speaker 9: We go?
Speaker 2: Thank you? That was the Morning Corny.
Speaker 1: I'll play you a TV show clip a very famous quote just named the TV show for example. That scene is still funny. It's from Friends. The Ross has got the couch. They're turning it going out?
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Here is the clip from the TV show right the Move or the TV show Down?
Speaker 3: All right? Go.
Speaker 2: You know what the happiest animal on earth is?
Speaker 3: It's a goldfish. You know why I got a ten second memory? Be a goldfish?
Speaker 10: Sam?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in the wind? All right?
Speaker 3: What TV show is that? You know what the happiest animal on earth is? It's a goldfish. You know why got a ten second memory? Be a goldfish?
Speaker 16: Sam?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Amy, Ted Lunchbox Ted Lasso, Eddie ted Lasso.
Speaker 2: Correct, everybody's in number two. Good morning Angels. I'm gonna play that again for you. Here you go, Bosley, Good morning Angels.
Speaker 3: I'm in.
Speaker 1: Lunchbox, Mash Eddie, Charlie's Angels, Amy, Charlie's Angels.
Speaker 3: He says, good morning Angels.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know that Charlie's Angels was a TV show. I thought it was a movie or a bar.
Speaker 3: Basically, it's a TV show, all right. I've never seen that in my life, so.
Speaker 2: You thought it? Okay? Why did you think it was mash though?
Speaker 7: Because it sounded like a radio at an old war site or campsite.
Speaker 1: Good morning Angels, all right? Next up, what you gonna play it again? Very famous episode.
Speaker 5: Very famous, very famous episode, very famous episode.
Speaker 2: What he said, I got it?
Speaker 3: I got it?
Speaker 2: Did you already write it down?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you changing it?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: No, but i I'm I'm like now, I think I'm right. I think I said. I think I caught it fresh.
Speaker 4: Prince of bel Air.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox Seinfeld.
Speaker 1: George stands, you're right now, Eddie Seinfeld because she saw him in his.
Speaker 4: I hear recognis a voice now, all right?
Speaker 2: Next up?
Speaker 16: No God no God, please no no no no God, no God, please no no no.
Speaker 1: Man. I'm in for the wind lunchbox, the office, Amy, the office, Eddie, the office.
Speaker 2: Toby's back, Yeah, right, walked down, Toby, Toby, poor guy. He's hr you're here, Toby at the very beginning of that, clev all right.
Speaker 11: Next up, I'm gona be a better father than he ever was. And I sure it's held on needle for that, because they had a damn thing he can ever teach me about how to love my kids.
Speaker 3: You don't want me?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Whoa's deep going?
Speaker 3: Hear it again? Yes?
Speaker 2: Please, I'll be a better father.
Speaker 3: Than he ever was.
Speaker 11: And I shure it's held on needle for that because they had a damn thing he could ever teach me about how to love my kids.
Speaker 3: Home. You don't want me?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm in Eddie Fresh, Prince of bel Air, lushbox, Fresh, Prince of.
Speaker 4: Beler Amy, Fresh, Prince of bel Air.
Speaker 1: Will's dad comes back and then it's like, hey, we'll lee and then he leaves and he's like, oh, sorry that I missed.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 3: One is a good one.
Speaker 2: That's intense, it's a strong one. Next one he needs to stop being sad.
Speaker 3: When I get said, I stopped being sad and be awesome instead.
Speaker 2: There are two left. Eddie's got a one point lead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: Everybody good yep, Eddie, How I met your mother, Lushbox, I met your mother, Amy, How I met your mother.
Speaker 3: Cost me the game, Eddie.
Speaker 1: If you get this one, you win. If you miss it and they get it, either one of them goes sudden death.
Speaker 2: All right, go ahead, begamin.
Speaker 17: Contains vitamins and meats, vegetables, and I have to do it. Take a big tables pootful after every meal.
Speaker 3: It's so tasty too, Amen. It's mad, Amen, one more time.
Speaker 17: Can change vitamins, meats, vegetables and minerals.
Speaker 16: I have to do it.
Speaker 17: Take a big tablespootful after every meal.
Speaker 3: It's so tasty too Amy.
Speaker 1: I love Lucy Lunchbox well Vernon Shirley, Eddie, I love Lucy.
Speaker 2: I love Lucy, Eddie.
Speaker 1: Is I'm gonna read you an email from an executive and I don't think it will turn out bad for me because I don't think this executive can actually.
Speaker 3: Put us in trouble.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's the only reason I would If it's like the CEO, I wouldn't do this bit, but I also think the email's kind of ridiculous and that if somebody does go, you shouldn't do that. You're in trouble. The ridiculousness of this email will probably get me out of jail. It's like, if as long as it's the truth, you can tell it, and I feel like the truth is this email's kind of dumb.
Speaker 3: Okay, bear with me.
Speaker 1: The background is for everybody listening, we are on today in Cleveland, Atlanta, Waco. For the first time, our show goes on in new cities and goes off in cities consistently and constantly, and.
Speaker 2: People weigh in on the strategy of this show.
Speaker 1: But the one common thing about the strategy of this show is I really don't pay much attention to anything other than what we do, what our listeners like.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of it.
Speaker 1: You know, there's no real corporate influence as long as things are going well, and things are going well, this is the email I got. Ready, everybody, do you tell me if we think this will be appropriate? Hello, Bobby, I know I don't normally chime in on what you talk about on your show, but with new cities being added, it's the best opportunity to organically weave in some of the storylines that matter most, especially yours at a little low mountain Pine, Arkansas, population seven hundred and twenty two. You should talk more for a while, but how you grew up very poor and you are on food stamps. People really like to hear what I call the trailer park diaries.
Speaker 3: Lol.
Speaker 1: Let me know if you need help on what you should readdress on the air about your struggles growing up. Hope to see you in town soon. Sign blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Wait so you grew up You grew up in a trailer park. Lol. It's basically what oh boy, huh, you grew up very poor?
Speaker 3: Lolo hilarious.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's saying that's funny. I think what he's saying is it's funny that he's telling.
Speaker 4: Me to do it yeah, or it's funny.
Speaker 2: I think that's the I think I.
Speaker 1: Think it's the lol is like you should talk about and then he lists off. You know some parts of it my life that weren't easy. But it's like it's kind of that's it all a lol, Like it's awkward. He knows it's awkward, So you put a smile emoji.
Speaker 3: Or a lol.
Speaker 4: Does he listen because I feel like you weave that.
Speaker 2: In not as much lately.
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and I don't really try to. I don't focus on it unless something comes up that I like, understand or relate to.
Speaker 3: Okay, unless we need a really funny segment, then we go to it. I don't feel like.
Speaker 2: But isn't that a weird email?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't even know this.
Speaker 4: Person that well, and they don't typically chime in.
Speaker 1: They would never chime because I would go, you're not telling me what to talk about on my show. By the way, storylines feel a bit like they're created more than just happen. Like storyline to me feels like a wrestling So what's the storyline with the rock and Roman reigns?
Speaker 2: So organic storyline really doesn't go together, is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: It can't. But but again, the best opportunity to organically weave in some of the storylines that matter most, especially yours out of lolloll and he does look oll olle low Lull Mountain Pine, Arkansas, population seven twenty two For those listening, I'm from Mountain Pine, Arkansas, population seven twenty two. Then he says, talk about how you grew up poor. I feel like if something comes up, this is me talking again, and I relate to it. I bring it up organically. But I don't think I'm gonna set out to just do a I was poor story out of nowhere, like I'll left field talk about how you were on food stamps.
Speaker 2: We'll see at seven twenty.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow food stamps and the colors they were it's construction paper goaler, we'll see you got What If I email them back and go, hey, could you give meet the top five things you'd like me to talk about, it really become invested.
Speaker 4: Does he do this type of thing with other shows. I'm sure he does, but no, well no, I mean I just didn't know because he's like.
Speaker 2: You think it's Dennis, it's not. It's not Dennis.
Speaker 5: Well I know, I mean because he I would. This person says they've never chimed in on and Dennis has. So I guess I'm just trying to imagine why Chinman this time, and why.
Speaker 1: Offer up his help, Like because he has a connection to one of the local markets.
Speaker 4: Oh that makes sense.
Speaker 6: So bones if somebody came to you and said like, hey, can you restart your story and kind of to get people in the background, would you just automatically talk about where you came from.
Speaker 1: I talk a lot about where I came from my stand up shows on this show. But I just think it's a weird thing to ask in this way. I think you get a phrase the email a little bit here. A lot of new people listening, They're not really going to know what, why, how the show started, where you come from?
Speaker 2: Where Amy comes from? Not parentheses the trailer park diaries.
Speaker 3: Lol, this is a weird way.
Speaker 5: It's weird to ask so well, thinking from the for the email, you could just reply and be like, hey, thanks, I read your email on aeron Sale.
Speaker 2: Replied, Yeah, that's what I would do. Not reply I got three days ago. Never reply, Oh dide you. I think you you have a great excuse of being like, I'm busy, man. I didn't even see that email.
Speaker 3: I know, but I see every email.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Don't see that though, and I see every text.
Speaker 2: Don't say that.
Speaker 1: I'll reply back and ask for our top five list, like specifics what he wants to hear us talk about, see what he says, if anybody in corporate hits me up today, and that's fine because I do really enjoy some of the people that work in the corporate part of our company. I don't think every corporate person's against this show. I'm not that guy who's like those suits are out to get us. But if anybody's upset because this person gets upset that I read their email, I will forward you the email and let you look at.
Speaker 2: It and see how ridiculous you think it is to get this. Yeah, you get to say it a different way.
Speaker 1: But also, this person has nothing to do with the show nothing, and all of a sudden they want to tell us what to talk about. Although the Trailer Park Diaries not a bad series, lol, what if we did Eddie's Bald Headed Hour?
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 5: I do think that my if things I can share about a divorce could be maybe helpful to some people that are going through it.
Speaker 2: And you do talk about it when it relates to something we're.
Speaker 4: Talking about, no parenting. Yeah, when it comes up organically.
Speaker 2: Weave in the storyline. That's all. Forgot what's up?
Speaker 1: Everybody call us questions comments eight seven, seven seventy seven Bobby, that's our number. We just ironically that's the number they gave us eight seven, seven seventy seven Bobby, and that's my name. I know.
Speaker 2: It was the greatest coincidence ever.
Speaker 3: Time for the news Bobby's stories.
Speaker 10: I like this.
Speaker 1: NBC will display the heart rates of the parents watching their kids during the Olympics. Oh oh, that's so cool, instead of the heart rates of the olympians. Once you could probably get but who cares. They're so good and strong, we don't relate. They're good to the parents.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be some high numbers.
Speaker 4: I mean, or what does it say about your parents of like their heart rates? Nothing?
Speaker 3: Oh, but maybe they're trained to be cool.
Speaker 1: Although you don't really have to react because if you keep your heart rate down, you're able to react.
Speaker 2: In the strongest possible way.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: It's like when you get nervous, your heart rate goes up. When you get tense anxiety, heart rate goes up. So we don't always act the way we normally would if we're calm, right, So you would, yeah, you would just hope they get really bad because they don't need to train themselves do that.
Speaker 16: Nah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And what's funny too.
Speaker 6: A lot of these parents look so calm and collective, but they're gonna be outed now in their hearts are super fast.
Speaker 1: Or they're gonna make the heart rate go up on purpose because they're like, I don't want to be outed as I really care. That is from variety. Vacation is good for your health. The women who go on vacation twice a year or less likely to get depression and chronic stress.
Speaker 3: Men are thirty percent more at risk.
Speaker 1: Of contracting heart disease and have a twenty percent higher sudden death risk if they did not take yearly vacation.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 4: So y'all just need one, and women need too. Without tracks.
Speaker 3: Pretty much.
Speaker 1: Does a track, Yes, we do more. Yes, I wasn't gonna make it a you know, I do think versus tat. I know, but it's tough. I don't know that I ever get a true vacation where I take it, or I can just separate myself.
Speaker 3: I will, my wife will go, hey to a vacation. We're gone.
Speaker 1: You can't work, not even go and do your little thing, because she knows. If she tells me I can't, I still do a little bit. It's kind of the negotiation process. I always do on the toilet.
Speaker 3: What did you take it?
Speaker 1: Like? I gotta go to the bathroom and then you run on the toilet even if I'm not, you know, faking the bathroom, which I've been known to do.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Take my phone from me? That's torture. You getta sit in the bathroom without my phone?
Speaker 4: And so what are you just like feeding this in an email or no?
Speaker 1: But ident need to check emails and make sure that nothing's on fine, crazy man.
Speaker 2: I hear you like you need a vacation.
Speaker 5: I also hear that if she says, hey, you can't, he's like she knows that I'll make me want.
Speaker 4: To do it even more.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know that that's the case. I think hers is you've had health issues with stress. No work on vacation, that's no. I can at dinner, get my phone out and check stuff.
Speaker 2: But she also knows.
Speaker 1: If she says, hey, don't have any work at all, that means there's gonna be a compromise of I'll work a little bit where if she goes you can work some, that means I'm gonna work a little more than some.
Speaker 4: Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 1: It's a constant negotiation, and I think that's fair and I'll actually listen to her. But I sneak it on the toilet for sure.
Speaker 5: I thought you're saying, like, if someone tells you best not to, then you can't help yourself.
Speaker 1: No, I'm okay with that because I listened to doctors where they're like, don't do this, and I normally don't unless they say, go on vacation.
Speaker 2: Uh so, yeah, go on vacation if you can.
Speaker 1: Julia Louis Dryfis was once recognized as a lane from Seinfeld while she was in the hospital in labor naked after she had just had a water brook break.
Speaker 2: So sure, uh you know that's yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a mole getting cut off my butt once and the doctor had because the doctor doesn't have to do the mole cutting. The doctor comes in examines, it goes, hey, we shoul probably cut this mole off, and it was like in that lower back top of the butt cheet, but you got to pull your pants down a little more than that. And the this is years ago, and the person goes, hey, are you that guy from American Idol? And I was like, I time, I know, I just wish my pants would have been up when they had said that, like on the way out maybe, But that's not as vulnerable as like your legs up in stirrups having a baby. But you know, if you're that famous, like Julia Louis Dryfus, you just kind of have to understand most people are gonna know who you are regardless. That's if you're right. That's gotta be weird too. If you're getting a massage. Let's say you go somewhere you have to, like getting your underwear and get a massage, and you're like, oh, no, I wonder if figuring that like telling that Julia Louis Dreyfus was on the table or that she had moles on her back, you know that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there you go. She had a baby and they knew who she was.
Speaker 5: Interview people would be like, have you ever watched Seinfeld? And if they say no, then you're like, okay, so.
Speaker 2: They do a jurors You do a juror interview? What shows have you ever watched?
Speaker 3: List them?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 3: I see no Seinfeld. So wordle was making everybody crazy. This maybe.
Speaker 2: The reason, Oh you think that's why?
Speaker 1: I don't know but lunchbox is a big wordle guy therapist say that they're seeing a rise in patience, confessing that they're playing a lot of wordle and that also there's been extreme irritability associated with wordle.
Speaker 3: Wow oh wow wow.
Speaker 2: Well, because one they're not able to solve the game, but they take it out on people around them. This explains so much.
Speaker 4: You typically get the world years.
Speaker 3: I get the world.
Speaker 7: I don't understand this study because after four or five you only have six guesses or whatever. So it's not like it can take you too long. So it should take you about eight to ten minutes max.
Speaker 2: But they're not saying people just aren't get in the word at all.
Speaker 1: They're saying they don't get it in like a two or three, and they get it four or five or six, and then they're so irritated they take it out on their co workers, their hosts, and it's a host, and it's a host. But they did say extreme irritability toward people around them. Absolutely.
Speaker 7: Now it does sometimes when you get it and you're like, oh, yeah, I got it in four, and then it's like average. You're like, oh, well yesterday I got it four. Average was five point three and I was like, Yeah, who's your daddy?
Speaker 2: You said that wordle pretty much of the screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah kind of.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, who got it first? This should make brides and grooms nervous. It turns out more people get cold feet leading up to the wedding than ever before. A new survey finds one in five recently married Americans confess they either thought about or nearly skipped out on their own wedding due to cold feet. They admitted keeping the doubts to themselves and to nobody else. They didn't share these future worries with their partner because they thought the partner would then start to worry that they weren't going to get married, which is actually almost what happened. But people only share this with a survey when they say we'll keep it anonymous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a It's a hard thing to go through because you don't know if you're experiencing it just because you're about to be thrown into something like completely new and different, or if you're actually really having those thoughts because you shouldn't be doing it.
Speaker 2: I was prayed and my wife didn't get cold feet. Oh yeah, I was nervous. You're worried about that. Yeah, of course, look at me. Oh yeah, I see it, like what she was submitting herself to just to be like, I'm now part of this man, I love it.
Speaker 3: Dude, I hear you, are we sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Be aware of hackers on a plane.
Speaker 1: Tech experts reality dues and don'ts if using Wi Fi if you're on an airplane, So VPNs are more likely to drop in and out in the air than on the ground. So if use a VPN, it's not always going to be super safe up in the air. If you don't, don't worry about that. A lot of iPhones and the new iPhones have VPNs now almost built into them, which is cool, and cyber criminals are using that. Or even if you just get on Wi Fi, you are a bit vulnerable for them to tap into your devices. But what are the odds you get on a Southwest flight with a hacker?
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know what one hundred people?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I hear you, But I mean it's like you're in B twelve and the hacker happens to be on your flight.
Speaker 6: Come on, I'm gonna pull lunch spots here. But how do they get Internet on the plane?
Speaker 3: I don't understand it, Like, how do they do that? Use satellite?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's like cell phone. You can't get cell.
Speaker 1: Phone because cell phone towers aren't high enough for the most part. But a lot of the Internet they're using it comes from above up in satellites, and.
Speaker 2: That just comes down to the plane and gives it to us.
Speaker 5: That's why sometimes if you don't have it, it's almost like sometimes you don't have internet at home and you have to unplug it and count to ten.
Speaker 1: Satellite Wi Fi is different than like Internet Wi Fi that we use because it's a network of satellites, which is how the planes get them. It's above us, which is why we don't get sell unless you're using satellites cell because it's got to be above.
Speaker 9: Okay, wireless was way up that high, That's what I was. It's not most of it is satellite towers for us on the ground. Okay, So if wibi is on the ground, then how's it in the air too.
Speaker 2: They're two different. He's saying.
Speaker 5: When you're in a plane, that's connecting to above.
Speaker 1: If you're on the ground, it's connecting to tower to like a tower or like a fiber optics ground type thing.
Speaker 4: But it's all still it's a signal.
Speaker 2: That's like, that's amazing.
Speaker 7: I mean when we get TV on the airplanes, it blows my mind because TV.
Speaker 2: Again, that's easier because that's a satellite for sure. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: That is so badling to me that I can get live TV.
Speaker 7: I can be watching a football game that is happening thirty thousand feet below me across the earth.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is what about that at your house? Yeah, same thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I feel like the technology has been around for so long on the ground because you're grounded.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: Now we've seen it on TV a thousand times.
Speaker 1: You never't even know how that works. I'll be honest with you. You guys act like that's something that you understand. Yeah, no, I don't know how you get a picture in one second to my house from the meadow lands.
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Radio Fallouts were nude for a second season. I love this show fall Out on Amazon Amazon Prime. The Hollywood Reporter reports that they're coming back for season number two. It's real good. Baby Belly plays a big bad guy in it. Baby Belly though, from did you watch it though and be like that's baby Villy and not love. His character's fun though a bad guy, it's funny. He's awesome. It's maybe top three new favorite actor. I don't even know his name, but baby Bill, that guy's awesome. Most people want to live to ninety years old, but two thirds would take a shorter, healthier life over a longer one with slightly more health issues.
Speaker 3: You know, let me live to ninety.
Speaker 1: You can trickle in the health issues because I think by the time we get to that point, because you're gonna have to commit the health issues now.
Speaker 2: But I think by the time we get to that point when I'm ninety, we're gonna have.
Speaker 4: Figure them out because you're hoping, you're hoping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most most we do, and then new ones come in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: But if we're like changing your diapers, dude, you don't want to do that, do you do? You want to be ninety and having your diaper change every day?
Speaker 1: But I think by the time we get to ninety, if we're committed to me having had my diapers change, there's probably a robot diaper changer at that point.
Speaker 2: That's from pr news Wire.
Speaker 1: Some fitness programs promise abs within thirty days, but that is not possible unless you're already close to having abs. In reality, it can take almost a year just to burn the excess fat to be able to see the AB muscles. Whoa, because that's what an AB actually is. It's not that your stelling muscles are getting so big that they're ripping through the fat. It's the fat is melting away. Your stelling muscles can get slightly bigger, but mostly it's the fat being melted off. So what they're saying is, don't believe these places that go twenty four days you'll have a six pack, because not really possible unless you're doing it extremely unhealthy things.
Speaker 2: You're saying, we already have six packs, Like we all have six packs right now.
Speaker 3: You have to ten packs.
Speaker 2: We have ten packs right now. Yeah, I just can't see them.
Speaker 1: Like if you were to kill you and strip off, rip your muscles out of your body, you would have like I don't know, ten twelve abdominal muscles.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: You just got to get rid of that the camouflage, you know.
Speaker 1: And then finally moving Mike, if you'll come to the microphone, Civil War tops the box office again, you enjoyed this yeah, I think you would really like it too. Civil War is still winning at the box office. It's not about the American Civil War. It's a dystopian war movie. It made over the first two weeks almost fifty million bucks. So it is about news agencies trying to fight each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Christen Dunn's plays like a war photographer, and she's trying to get from trying to get to DC before these like bad guys get to the president and she's just photographing crazy things the entire way.
Speaker 2: When does it stream Probably another month and a half. I saw you didn't go to any movies.
Speaker 1: You went to the Braves game, which the Braves and the Rangers in Atlanta help.
Speaker 3: Was this a game?
Speaker 14: Good?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that part. That's why you went there.
Speaker 3: Wright no movies.
Speaker 2: Now, if there are movies, do you feel the need to tether yourself home?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I gotta watch one a week for my podcast.
Speaker 2: Luckily, this one was number one twice in a week.
Speaker 3: This guy's committed.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Check out movie Mike's movie podcast.
Speaker 3: That's the news.
Speaker 2: Bobby's nice call us if you want.
Speaker 1: We have a listener that saw us Celebrity in the Wild, which is a pretty cool story. We rarely get listeners to call us and go I saw us celebrity just out in the wild. We'll get to that listener coming up. And then Eddie has a question from his ten year old and it has to do with the ladies.
Speaker 2: He's got a serious he told me, I got a serious question for you with women ten year old women. That's next.
Speaker 1: This woman was stalking Harry Styles. They sent it sort of fourteen months in prison. She sent him eight thousand letters in less than a month. Wow, Like that's a lot of postage. Like, aside from the stalking, I think god M's been on SAMs a lot of stamps. Yeah, she appeared in court and she was said to have stalked a singer by sending him eight thousand letters and cards in less than a month.
Speaker 5: That's two and sixty six point sixty six letters a day.
Speaker 1: Again, all that money you're wasting on stamps, Like at all the other stuff, you could have bought a plane ticket to a show's stalking my person?
Speaker 4: You know, let'n short, are you in trouble for that?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 1: For that that?
Speaker 2: It feels like the letter of hard itself would be hard to get in.
Speaker 1: Trouble just for that unless at some point someone went and said, I feel uncomfortable because there's something threatening in these letters.
Speaker 2: And the letters continued like just forgetting mail. I don't think so. I know it's crazy.
Speaker 4: If I can't have you, I'm going to kill you.
Speaker 2: Then that's the problem when they're threats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a tenure restraining order was also imposed, and she was told she was forbidden from attending any event where Harry Styles was performing.
Speaker 2: That's from the Guardian.
Speaker 1: She rued that, Yeah, there must have been something in the letters, because just writing a letter is no crime.
Speaker 2: No what elf you write by hand? Oh that's someone you end up marrying. Right, I'll get all the love.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's this show on Netflix that my wife and I started watching this weekend called Baby Reindeer, and it's about this guy who's a comedian.
Speaker 3: He wrote the story.
Speaker 1: He wrote it and then acted in it, and it's a true story about him getting stalked by like a crazy fan, except she wasn't a fan of him as a comedian. She was a fan because she was just a stalker and she showed up at the bar we was working. And so I don't recommend it, although it has really high reviews. It is really dark. It's really dark. Where you were to watch it? Because I said so, you'd be like, bones, what that with you? Uh? Baby Reindeer is described as dealing with a female stalker. A man is forced to face a dark, buried trauma, and it's an extremely dark trauma. But I mean, you know we're watching that. You know anybody else watching Baby Reindeer? Y?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 2: I guess just because it was top of the charts.
Speaker 3: Where are you episode wise two or three?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What do you think about it? Same feeling as you? Yeah, nobody should it? But yeah each hey, Ray hasn't even got to the episode that it was really uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Okay, but it needs but.
Speaker 4: That dark, so we should watch it. No, I don't know, that's what I'm hearing.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 2: Yah, well we're like, let's get to the next episode.
Speaker 4: Why is it called Baby Reindeer? Can you say that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean there's parts of this I can't spoil. But she is a stalker of him and she calls him like he looks like a little baby reindeer. I thought it was gonna be a Christmas show, and I.
Speaker 18: Was like, why watch a Christmas Net like Christmas during the Christmas holidays, like the movies, but yes on Netflix one season and the guy it happened to him, he wrote it, and I had made the mistake of googling the real life person from it because it's him playing himself.
Speaker 1: But I just like to see it at the end. I don't care if it's a real show. I like for the final credits to run and they show the pictures. So and so is now a pilot in the Air Force. So and so well his cousin. Him and his cousin got married. Now then you'd like to hear what happened with them. But I looked her up the Stalker beforehand, and I just didn't want to know that. I want her to see it at the end.
Speaker 3: But it's real.
Speaker 1: There's that Quiet on the Set is Max's most watch title ever. That's also I haven't watched this, Yeah, because I knew what Quiet on the Set was about, so I stayed away from it. I don't know if I could watch that. I did not know what Baby Reindeer was about.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't put it in this category that you're describing as like so.
Speaker 2: Dark dark, Like I is it about somebody on the Nickelodeon.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's very dark, but I don't what you're saying about. Like, I feel like I can watch that and I can learn from it. I watched it with my daughter, had conversations about grooming because it was so that's what was happening. But it was wild how they weren't just grooming the kids, like these predators were grooming families, like they groomed the parents too, And it made me want to keep my eyes open as a parent, but then also have conversations with my teenage kids about, hey, anybody he's acting this way, like pay attention.
Speaker 1: It's a docuseries, according to its description that it covers the toxic culture behind some of the most iconic children's shows of the late nineties and early two thousands, and it's now the most watched title ever on Max.
Speaker 5: What's wild is some of the scenes, like the adults were writing it, and just how sexualized some things were that you had no idea, Like as a kid, you're watching it, and then as an adult, it's very clear what the writers were trying to portray, and they were having young kids acted out, which is disturbing.
Speaker 2: I'm going to set that one out. I think I don't have kids.
Speaker 4: Did you watch some of you? You're familiar with these audiars?
Speaker 1: Don't need to childhood either. That's why I don't want to watch I have kids. I don't really want to watch that.
Speaker 2: I think if I had kids, I might want to watch it to see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can like be as a parent understand maybe when a relationship might have some red flags, or just because like they convinced these parents they were safe to be around and to where.
Speaker 4: The parents were like, oh, yeah, you want to go home with?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't do that.
Speaker 3: Anyone you go home with? Like your teachers? No, I went. No teeth Keith was a baseball coach.
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 2: There like overnight sleepovers.
Speaker 3: There was one teacher that had an overnight sleepover. Did you go?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't go.
Speaker 7: I was not invited, but my buddy Forrest was invited and his mom told him no. So he said he was spending the night somewhere else, and he went and his mom found out and she showed up over there in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, yeah, get out, yep. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so what was the baseball coach thing?
Speaker 7: Uh, Keith, No teeth. Keith was a coach at the little league. He had no kids, but he was our coach and took us to the movies, took people to the coast, taught us how to drive without driver's license.
Speaker 1: It took us to the coast. Thing just kind of fits in the middle. It's like a YadA YadA, like the other stuff I get I had. I didn't have a dad, so people teach me how to do things.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but do he take you to the movies? He'd spend the night, he'd be our babysitter.
Speaker 2: Again in the memory of sandwich is the big one in the middle. What about the pie? Didn't take you to get pieson win Oh?
Speaker 3: One day I got home from school and he's like, kid, what do you gotta do today? And I said nothing.
Speaker 7: He goes get in the car and I was like, Okay, where are we going? He doesn't tell me where we're going. We drive for forty five minutes and we've just you too, are you no?
Speaker 3: Just me and him?
Speaker 7: And we pull into this little restaurant and I'm like, and it's like the text texting cafe or something like that.
Speaker 3: And I said, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Kid?
Speaker 7: About to have the best meal? You've ever had in your life. All right, So we go inside, sit down, and the waitress comes up. It's like, what can I get for you today? And he goes, we already know we want two pieces of the apple pie. And I said, I haven't even looked at the menu. He goes, we want two pieces of the apple pie, kid, and we ate it. And it was pretty darn good. When you went to the coast, Yeah, the coast was no parents. He would just take kids to the coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is this all on quiet on the set?
Speaker 4: They would take them to Disney.
Speaker 1: Well, we didn't have Disney close to us. They probably they had text cafe. But the coast, would it just be one kid?
Speaker 3: Two kids? Now it's like four or five kids, and parents.
Speaker 2: Would just let every but hey go to the coast with Yeah, would you spend the night at the coast?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they would.
Speaker 7: I didn't go to the coast because my parents thought he would let us get away with anything, like he would say like, oh, can we drive the car on the beach and go for it, So they didn't. They didn't trust is saying no, So we didn't go. But other kids, wait, but he took us to the slab like which was like out by Lake LBJ. You go, it's like a natural body slide like river and you just I mean, he'd take us everywhere. He take us to baseball games. We'd drive to Houston, go and see baseball games.
Speaker 2: He would spend the night at your house.
Speaker 3: Are you hish No, he didn't have a house. He spent the night at our house.
Speaker 2: He didn't have a house.
Speaker 7: No, for a little bit, he let he lived at the ballpark, Yeah, little league ballpark.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't understand.
Speaker 7: They have it like a like they had a room like well, they had a room up there that they were making into the umpire room.
Speaker 3: But then they're like, oh, you can just kind of stay here and be like the night watchman kind of.
Speaker 1: That's a good deal. Yeah, place, yeah for him. Yeah, yeah, yeah, i'd live there pa all the night and now.
Speaker 7: Yeah and so yeah, he spend the night in my hole. He'd be on the couch all the time, sleeping on the couch, watch movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He would be our babysitter, and our parents would go out and we'd watch like Freddy and Jason and the Exorcists and Children of the Corn.
Speaker 3: We turn off all the lights, lock all the doors, of course, and man, this is awesome. Mm hmm. Did he ever get teeth? He did have some dentures, but then he didn't want to stay in him, so he kept him in his pocket.
Speaker 2: No, did he ever get like, is he still he's still alive? Does have teeth?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 3: Did he ever get teeth? He got dingers? Yeah, but he didn't want to keep it. No, I hear you there.
Speaker 1: I'll buy a new shirt and be like, it's not a nice to wear the shirt yet, and then all of a sudden, it's like a year and a half later and I never wore the shirt and I'm like, what a waist because I thought it was too nice to wear anywhere?
Speaker 2: Same deal. That was the same deal with him and his teeth. If anybody gets that, it's me, Well thanks for sharing that. Man, that's vulnerable.
Speaker 3: It kid, beautiful, kid, it's the best apple pie you've ever had. It was pretty darn good.
Speaker 2: What if you want a chicken strips?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: And you got there? They didn't. I didn't even get to look at the menu. All the way to the Texican.
Speaker 7: He was called the Textan Texican, and they had the best apple pie with vanilla ice cream on a sizzling platter.
Speaker 3: Was its best. It was delicious.
Speaker 2: Probably happy that he just said commit to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And he's the one that introduced me to the Box of Moonlight, the movie that I had.
Speaker 1: Made us watch with all the Wieners in it. We were like lunch talks, why did you make us watch this movie with all the Wieners in it? And he's like, as the best movie I've ever seen. All Right, well, thank you for sharing. Baby Reindeer is weird. I'm not recommending it, but it is a true story. And he's the guy who wrote it and the guy who acts in it.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: I got nothing else to say. So I'm just gonna do this.
Speaker 1: If you ever see a celebrity in the wild, which just means you're out living a normal life, going to normal places and you see something abnormal, which is a celebrity, call us.
Speaker 2: We have Wes on the phone right now. Who's been on hold?
Speaker 3: Wes?
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, Wes. What is your story?
Speaker 15: So this weekend Williams, after this basketball tournament, and like you said, we send a celebrity out in a wild and it was one of those that at who stopped and I talked to him, and after he walked by, my wife asked. He said, who was that? And I told her and she told the group of people she was with, and it passed on to the group of people that was behind her. And after he got gone, it was like you would have thought it was like an alias country music singer or an actor or an athlete, and they just all looked went running to say if he was still there, Yeah, who was producer? Idiot?
Speaker 3: I knew it so stupid? Are you relax?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 7: I'm sitting here going who is it? And then he goes You would think it was an a listener and I'm like, well then.
Speaker 3: Who was it?
Speaker 2: Hey, that's crazy. So then everyone afterwards started like did you hear he was here?
Speaker 1: Yes? It was.
Speaker 15: It was crazy. I've been listening and hearing eighties and all these eighty tournaments, and I thought it'd be neat to see him at one of these, and then Thundy, here he has come across the gail Man a lot. That's Edie.
Speaker 2: Why do you get so upset about that lunch work?
Speaker 7: No, he led me in, thinking we're going to talk about someone that was like big and huge and people were really whispering. There is no way the whole stand started whispering and jumping up to go find Eddie.
Speaker 2: Are you calling that's a liar. Yeah, but why are you getting upset?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 7: No, because I was excited to hear what celebrity he saw and then he saw Eddie and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Lame, Wes.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that call. Thanks for walking us into it like a true personality. He took us, You took us. Let us write there with the lunchbox.
Speaker 3: Is that angry? Or as the call went, that's what I was hoping for.
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, Wes, have a good day, buddy. Yeah, your kids are still playing basketball. Yeah, they're still playing every weekend, every weekend. Multiple, it's a lot, all day, all those days.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm a headache now every time I'm in that gym, whistles, shoes, basketballs, everything.
Speaker 1: Which one of your kids was asking about, you know, the big question. My ten year old that's playing ball. Yeah he's one of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 6: He came to me said, Dad, I got a question for you, and he wants you to know that he doesn't have a girlfriend, like for the record, he doesn't have a girlfriend, but he wants to know when is a good time to get a serious girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I guess how does he define serious serious?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: He used the word serious girlfriend, which is cool because he understands the difference between like, you know, I'm just dating a girl or having a serious girlfriend.
Speaker 1: The real answer is probably like eleventh grade, really saying that maybe later for me because I never had any girls that wanted to go out with me. But I would think like eleventh grade because you kind of want to have at least a little bit of experience before you go to college and having a girlfriend or some kind of committed relationship because college things start to get very adulty. Yeah, so I would say probably like eleventh grade. But you know, if you're ten and you have a girlfriend, like you can't have multiple girlfriends if you're a greed, only have one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But at the same time, like you know, you're ten, you don't even know.
Speaker 1: What a girlfriend is, absolutely, but you think you do. You know your version of it at ten, Yeah, My version of it was I wish I could have one, So everybody's version was different. So I would tell them like sixteen, because you can actually go pick them up. No, they're going to feel like that's a little too old and they want to have one earlier, and that's okay. They'll think their version of it they're currently in as serious until they get older and go, oh that really wasn't that serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He'll say like, ah, yeah, so and so my friend at school he's got a girlfriend. I'm like, well, what do they do? What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: What do they do?
Speaker 6: They're just to say to us no, but but even he says like, oh, nothing, like they don't do anything.
Speaker 3: That's what we did.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I literally did nothing. But that's what kids did then too. Nothing.
Speaker 5: It would be going out with someone and my mom would always go, where are y'all going?
Speaker 4: And so now that is what we say.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I think that it's interesting to think back, like on high school relationships. I don't know how many people in here thought they were going to marry their high school boyfriend or girlfriend.
Speaker 3: I never had one.
Speaker 2: So you didn't have a high school girlfriend?
Speaker 3: No, not one.
Speaker 2: No, guys, I'm telling you, I know you think I'm cool mass instead.
Speaker 1: Now, No, that's crazy, dude, even though I had one, you know, I didn't have a single like girlfriend, Like, I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 3: What about makeout?
Speaker 2: I was a virgin to our twenties, he said, make out? No, I know, but you think we're on the radio right now.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I know, I know people, But I'm saying if I was making out, that probably means in the next year you and a half or so, I was probably doing more than makeout, right, I mean just doing that.
Speaker 4: But I no, Well, did anybody think they're going to marry there?
Speaker 3: I did not as I was a field player.
Speaker 4: It's like everybody I went out with thought I was going to marry him. It's probably not very healthy. I wouldn't think that now, but younger me, that's what I thought.
Speaker 5: It's like you just thought. I don't know if it's just the goal for that. I thought as a as a girl, as a woman was to just get married, you know. Growing up since changed, But it was like everybody married was like, well, or everybody went out with, am I going to marry them?
Speaker 4: Can I marry them?
Speaker 5: It's life going to be like when we get married and we were sixteen, and then we were seventeen, and then the college and then the it's just I don't know.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question without you taking offense to it, because I don't mean it to be offensive. I'm only basing on the stories that you've told. No, I'm only basing it on the stories that she's told us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you get cheated on a lot?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 3: I have been.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but was it not a lot?
Speaker 2: He had five serious boyfriends?
Speaker 3: How many?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: One or two? I mean, I don't know if you count one of the high school Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'll count that if it's a serious one, So like one and a half out of five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got it. I don't even it's not bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, young, Why do you think I have that?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, but the stories that you tell, because the only stories you tell are the ones that actually are good enough to be stories.
Speaker 2: Right, It's like we don't hear that in the news. It's not like the man dropped off the mail today.
Speaker 5: Like the time my boyfriend left my house and called the girl he was going to next but accidentally called my house.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 5: Landlines and he was like, is Lindsay there? And I was like, hey, it's me. I can see your tail lights, Like my mom, my mom was there my mom's like Amy, and I.
Speaker 4: Was like, oh, that's weird.
Speaker 2: I can see your tail eights. He had just left.
Speaker 4: He hadn't even left the driveway. I come to find out he was going.
Speaker 2: To see Lindsay her.
Speaker 3: Did Lindsay know he was coming from your house?
Speaker 4: I mean, who knows?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how long was her? What time was he in your house? Was he or the early day?
Speaker 4: Daylight out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Man?
Speaker 2: What about the guy that keyed your car?
Speaker 4: That was high school? Yeah, that was unfortunate for sure.
Speaker 5: That's probably the lowest, one of the lowest things that's ever happened to me.
Speaker 2: He just keyed like a line on the card.
Speaker 5: The word or, but he stilled it wrong, which was like the best part, Like that's the only comical relief.
Speaker 4: That I have from it.
Speaker 5: But having to go to my parents and oh, my dad, my dad was my dad wanted to remember one time I was talking about how the guy that did it and some of his friends were going hunting.
Speaker 4: My Dad's like, I'll go hunting with him. Like he was flashing, he wasn't going to be shooting deer, like it was so bad. But you know what, turns out he had a drinking problem.
Speaker 1: Who was it you cried in the bottom of the bathtub as a shower ran on your head and listened to Great Day to Be Alive.
Speaker 2: Different.
Speaker 4: Uh, well that's the is Lindsay there? But that was because different girl, not Lindsay. But he had gone. I had left my cell phone there.
Speaker 2: There's why I asked that question.
Speaker 5: And I showed up over there and I just hear it and I walk in in my his roommate, who's my friend?
Speaker 4: His face got big and.
Speaker 5: I was like, hey, love my cell phone and he's like, okay, are you going back to his room?
Speaker 4: Like yeah, I'm just gonna go to his room and get it. So I like knock on the door and I hear voices, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: Interesting, So even the roommates do and everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but see, to be fair, that roommate and I, like we had we were friends before, and I think he was trying. He tried to warn me. So he was sort of like, you made your bed. I tried to tell you this what is going to be like in our friendship sort of as soon as.
Speaker 1: Impacted and so, but then you went home and got in your bathtub and turned the shower.
Speaker 4: That wasn't the same. That was just over time.
Speaker 5: Like I was just very sad over the loss of the relationship that I kept going back to.
Speaker 6: So yeah, see this is why I told my son, don't get a serious girlfriend till like after college.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's after college is too late, though, what you know, learn how to do it before you do it right.
Speaker 3: You want to.
Speaker 1: It is fine, It is fine, and be on it. It's like you want to do it and do it wrong and have crap done to you seekn respect and appreciate the good things that are done. You gotta know what you want so that if you do things you don't want, find things you don't like about people only through experiences.
Speaker 2: So but you didn't have a girlfriend. Oh, I got but also didn't get married.
Speaker 1: As almost forty, I thought I was never gonna get married right right because by the time it was like, hey, I can actually find somebody that likes me, it was like I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't trust anybody. I don't like anybody. So I was like, I'm never getting married.
Speaker 3: But then, what do you know? You look at you now, look at me now? Yes, Bobby Bone Show Today.
Speaker 7: This story comes us from Canada. And man's driving down the road. It's about two o'clock. He's like, man, I'm really hungry. I just bought some fried chicken. But it's on the floorboard over there. Let me let me reach over there and get it.
Speaker 2: That's a nightmare. I've been there. I've been to reaching like the glove box or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he reached over, lost control of his car, hit the medium boom, totally just car.
Speaker 3: Luckily he only walked away with a few scratches.
Speaker 2: Well, and some bills and probably some fried chicken trauma. But again, I've reached, even in the seat. Oh, like fries that have fallen down.
Speaker 3: It could be anything.
Speaker 4: Were trying to kill a bug.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's easy to get off track.
Speaker 1: But the scary part is if you hit somebody else, like on coming travick, you get killed them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I can't go bone again. Also, fried chicken is awesome.
Speaker 5: But fried chicken is one of the most dangerous things because your hands are greasy.
Speaker 2: But didn't even get it to his hands. The danger was it was in the floor.
Speaker 5: Okay, But I'm just saying it's good that he didn't, because what if he would have gotten the chicken and his hands were greasy, and he had an even worse wreck. They did a whole I've read an article about fried chicken and driving.
Speaker 3: In the world. What is your algorithm giving you? I feel like I.
Speaker 5: Feel like we even talked about it here, like to eat while you drive because your hands are greasy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm with you. Sounds like a good article.
Speaker 1: I don't want to call the guy a bonehead. What I want to say is this is hopefully a lesson we can learn from because we've all probably reached over and to score, but like, oh god, yeah, don't do it. It wasn't like he was drunk or trying to stuff on top of the car. He was trying to reach fried chicken. And there's one thing we've all done in our life is reached for fried chicken. Absolutely, thank god nobody was hurt. Lunch Box on.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox, that's your bonehead story of the day kind of. Lunchbox loves the lottery.
Speaker 1: Spends what one hundred fifty bucks every two weeks, Yeah, every pay check.
Speaker 2: So about three hundred bucks a month. And that's if you don't buy other little ones.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I sprinkle it in sometimes I'm just in there and see a scratch off, it's like, oh, but payday is like when you go big.
Speaker 1: So four grand a year probably is what he's spending on lottery tickets, and that's weekly. They ask people on this this you Gov poll, how many of you guys buy lottery tickets daily? Four percent of people buy a lottery ticket every single day. It's pretty low number. Although out of one hundred, I know, I still two out of fifty is still one out of twenty five.
Speaker 3: You know, that's pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: Every day every day? Thirteen percent? Say weekly, Now I would put you in the weekly. I know you go buy a weekly for sure, but I think you'd buy one at least at least every week. So thirteen percent weekly, I'm not in that category. Monthly twelve percent. I'm probably not in the monthly because I don't think I buy.
Speaker 2: Unless I get it.
Speaker 1: Itch if we're in another state, I might for in a gas station we have a long drive, because what are.
Speaker 2: We gonna do if we're just touring and we're driving two hours in a van or something.
Speaker 4: So maybe a one month or then, because you travel a.
Speaker 2: Lot, it's still not everything.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's every month though.
Speaker 1: I don't, but I would put myself in the rarely which is thirty six percent.
Speaker 2: I probably buy.
Speaker 3: Five lottery tickets a year.
Speaker 1: That would be rarely, right, Yeah, buy a little less than buy monthly. Never is thirty one percent? Wow, one in three people never buy a lottery ticket. Now, some they can't because their state doesn't have it, but I'm assuming this is only states that have it. But daily, weekly, or monthly twenty almost thirty percent of people buy at least a lottery ticket every month.
Speaker 2: There are still some states that don't have, like the mega millions, I think.
Speaker 3: I don't think all states allow.
Speaker 4: What do they do when they hear in the news everyone's.
Speaker 3: Off for your set, hate themselves, look for new houses.
Speaker 1: But it's like, not every state can sports bet, like with DraftKings, true, and all the states to do end up having like billions of extra dollars.
Speaker 2: And the only reason they don't is because it's not supposedly how would I say this in God's graces to gamble? A lot of the states are in those like it's a vice.
Speaker 1: They don't until they learn that their people want it. Then all of a sudden their politicians change their mind or the politicians go, oh, we can make this much money because it rings money in a ton of money. And it's not like a casino where you can go and just spend your paycheck. I mean, you have to have a bank account, you got to get on a smartphone, you got to have an app as you can have lobby congressmen before over this. There are five states that do not sell lottery tickets. Alabama, Alaska, Oh, Hawaii, Utah. Can you name the other Montana, No, No, good guess though, because you think it'd be a state.
Speaker 2: It's very value based.
Speaker 3: It is not Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: It's Nevada. Vegas not a state. No lottery tickets in Nevada.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh they want you spending your money on the air.
Speaker 3: Not any national lottery.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you really can't use the sports betting apps in Nevada. You have to go to a casino. Like there's specific ones you can use around, but it's not universally.
Speaker 3: You have to download a special one for that.
Speaker 4: I wonder why Alabama doesn't.
Speaker 2: Same reason that Utah doesn't religious religious, Yeah.
Speaker 5: But I mean Alabama, I mean, but Alabam probably like okay, well, Mississippi, Louisiana Tennessee.
Speaker 4: You're all doing it for like, there's.
Speaker 1: State constitutions and religious groups in the States have been the people that have held it back.
Speaker 2: Listen, it'll change because all of a sudden, if you get enough.
Speaker 1: People going we want it, those very religious politicians go, you know, I can now see that.
Speaker 3: We should do this.
Speaker 4: Well, I can't it help go towards education.
Speaker 3: Truly can.
Speaker 2: But then they go, well, but then it's people spending their money that they don't have it.
Speaker 3: But yes, but then you create millionaires.
Speaker 2: But also that's when if you're in California mostly yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: God, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: My point is politicians are extremely hypocritical and everything they do, oh yeah, they're just doing whatever they want to do to get like it.
Speaker 2: It's not even about the people.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I thought that's pretty fun twenty twenty about thirty percent of people by at least every month.
Speaker 4: I don't even care about the lottery, by the way, so Alabama, don't. I don't care what you're I played once in five years.
Speaker 3: I feel about legalizing weed.
Speaker 1: I've never smoked weed in my life, but it's like, oh on, you're gonna let people drink all the beer they want, but something a little even less way, less addictive you're gonna say no to until you realize all the money you can make it and your people won't be so but hurt by it.
Speaker 3: And then the law change.
Speaker 2: First it goes medical. That's usually the slow roll medical.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what's it gonna do? Medical?
Speaker 1: Well, they've demanded it, and I've never again not that guy, but yeah, it's weird. Politicians, man, Hey, politicians, man, just leave it there, all right, that's it.
Speaker 2: We'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye, buddy, Bobby
Speaker 4: Bones, Bobby Bones,