Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome boom boom boom, boom boom to the twenty twenty five Prestige Casting Awards. I'm Jack O'Brien and I'm thrilled to be joined, as always by my co host, mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, thank you for having me and Miles a storied affair. Prestige casting something that's been with the show since super producer Ana Hosney introduced this concept. Remember, people could be cast so well in a film that it transcends the entire film. And we call that prestige casting.
Speaker 1: It surpasses casting.
Speaker 3: Even Yeah, it's its own thing now and.
Speaker 1: Myles best stars are here. They're shining bright tonight. And by that, of course, I mean we're thrilled to be joined by the original executive producer of the show, co creator of the Dailyes Likes Now an EP on shows like Last Culturist doesn't. This is important. It's on a Hosnyay, thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Shall we begin, Let's start?
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, if we're on the red carpet right now, there's a fucking Goodyear blimp soaring overhead where the stars are out serving Luke step step into the three six camp heat Tech.
Speaker 3: Oh aren't we doing?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: That's right, this is probably unique low heat Tech actually say regular, probably twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, solid solid, solid looks great.
Speaker 1: All right, we dropped the noms on the Trends episode on December sixteenth. You should go back and listen to that one.
Speaker 3: Or this will make less sense.
Speaker 1: Yes, Miles and I entered that episode not knowing the categories. Now we know.
Speaker 3: Okay, we did send.
Speaker 2: We did a very secret tabulation and sent the results to Price Waterhouse Coopers, who is actually tabulating everything, and we're gonna I guess, yeah, we're gonna tabulate it out loud too.
Speaker 1: But this is actually a great because so we're all going to vote in real time. But then Anna has veto Power, which I think should be part of the Academy Awards. Wouldn't that be fun if there was just one person who like could run on stage.
Speaker 5: They did that with Moonlight, remember, right exactly? Oh, nobody wants nobody wants you guys. Anyways, we're going to go through the categories. We're also just gonna at the end talk about anything that got missed. I want to talk about materialists, even though I don't think it's represented in any of the categories for a good reason.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that. But Anna, do you want to take us back through? What are our categories and who are we voting betwixt?
Speaker 4: So do you want me to just name all the categories now?
Speaker 1: Let's just go one at a time.
Speaker 4: Just a reminder, there are seventeen categories with an honorable mentions, which we did not nominate anyone for honorable mentions in the nominations episode, but we will. We'll name our honorable mentions at the end of this episode.
Speaker 1: And we can come in because there are two that I think I need to add in for F y C for a couple of the categories. I didn't realize white Lotus happened this year until the end of the categories last time, and so I just want to I have two White Lotus nominations that are going to come come up as we go through, and those can be and those can be veto Everything that I say, can be vetoed by anything.
Speaker 3: Anything that both either of us say.
Speaker 2: It is immediately up for veto So our first yeah.
Speaker 1: Like you and I can make it so that I never even had that thought it's like Stalin when he kills people and then has them erased from all the pictures that were in so Award one.
Speaker 4: All right, Award one Category one, which is the best hair that looks windswept but clearly was styled perfectly right. And the nominees are rose Byrne for if I had legs, I'd kick you, Julia Roberts for After the Hunt and Chase Infinity in one Battle after another.
Speaker 3: What do we think?
Speaker 2: I like the Julia Roberts one because that feels like it's absolutely like in the spirit of the award, And I like the Chase Infinity nomination because it's a literal take on what the award could be of it being wind swept wind swept And I'm in between now, I'm in between those two.
Speaker 4: Rose For. I agree with that because I do think sort of the Julie Roberts of it all is that her hair is honestly so perfect in the film that, like, even when she's going through it, yeah, it looks great. And even when she's standing in the wind talking to Ioda Barry's character. I mean, look at a pivotal scene in the movie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's a couple strands that are kind of flying right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're like perfect and if feels intentions strands were perfectly casted.
Speaker 1: And I feel like Julia Roberts in that film, Like the big new thing is like what if Julia Roberts looked like this? Though, Like what if she had like blonde hair? You've seen her, but like not like this, AKA with really really cool blonde hair.
Speaker 4: You've never seen Julia like ever?
Speaker 3: Ak? Or have you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or have we over the years? Do not google Julia Roberts blonde hair?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Had she been blonde in I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at a ton of photos of her with blonde hair. I don't know if any are specifically rolls.
Speaker 3: Now are they strawberry blond? Are they blonde? Most?
Speaker 2: Most are strawberry. There's one here from oh, this one, this is definitely about This is ninety five and she's rocking the Diana right here.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm okay, but that was but again this is yeah, yeah, yeah, okay. So I would say, between these, I think my vote will be for Julia Roberts icon. I think I would also vote for Julia.
Speaker 1: I would go Chase Infinity.
Speaker 4: Oh upset for Chase Infinity.
Speaker 3: It looks like.
Speaker 4: Julia Roberts has taken home the Prestige Casting Award for the best hair that looks win swept but clearly was styled perfectly for the film after the Hunt.
Speaker 2: And we should send these awards to their to their because you know, we got this info.
Speaker 3: We can be like, hey, just sending this on to Julia. She just won an award for.
Speaker 1: PR depart Okay, I mean that would be funny just to like have those emails with heart PR team.
Speaker 3: They're like, hey, we want to send these to all their publics, to other people.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So that's the whole award is best hair that looks wind swept, but it was clearly styled.
Speaker 3: And again, what is the word credibly?
Speaker 1: Reading along with them as they say the yeah, yes, yeah, what what aren't you understanding?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, Julia, congratulations.
Speaker 4: Do you even understand who else was in that category?
Speaker 3: Who else? Know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And Chase Infinity, that's a fucking trio okay, Category two, Category.
Speaker 4: Two, that one hot guy. Hell yeah. The nominees include Dylan O'Brien and Twinless, Josh O'Connor and Knives Out, and Paul Rudd in Friendship.
Speaker 3: Mmmmmm mm hmmmmmmm.
Speaker 2: I'm going with my nominee all Rudd just because I feel of it. I nominated him as if I were Tim Robinson in Friendship.
Speaker 3: Okay, so hot, hell yeah.
Speaker 1: And is pretty hot in that movie Subway.
Speaker 3: Hair too when he during the trip and he got that sub salt and pepperon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh baby, I mean, I mean taking one more look at Dylan O'Brien. Here, my breadren, let me see, let me see a Dylan uh. And this is in Twin List, where he plays two twins who come together and learn that they're both martial arts experts and fight Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 3: No, it's about it's double impact.
Speaker 1: Sorry twin losing his other twin. Oh got it?
Speaker 3: What you Own? Your way off? That's a really sad film.
Speaker 1: My bad, Okay, my bad. So hot, That's that's kind of why I'm hot for him.
Speaker 4: Hot baby, cry for me.
Speaker 3: You'll play a guide.
Speaker 4: The energy.
Speaker 3: What you're into.
Speaker 4: That's sort of what I'm going for, man.
Speaker 1: I mean, I also, I do want to say Josh O'Connell, as I called him in the nominations episode, Josh O'Connor, I think is a great nominee, even though you guys were like not fond of that nomination. I will just say that I feel like we're I just saw the Steven Spielberg.
Speaker 4: You called him Josh O'Connell. That's what we weren't fond.
Speaker 1: Is that why I should have used his correct name.
Speaker 3: Good son Josh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wait, which version of him in twin this do you think is the cuter one? Who you get? Which twin are you giving it to?
Speaker 1: He lost his twins, so he's the only one.
Speaker 4: I think there's nothing more prestige than playing your own twin.
Speaker 1: Did he play? Are there flashbacks to when the twin was around?
Speaker 3: Yes? Wow?
Speaker 4: And the other twin? Get this gaym the one he loses, So he's playing a straight twin and a.
Speaker 1: Great twin with a gay twin.
Speaker 3: Range Range Range exactly, Range Rover. Get him in the range Rover.
Speaker 1: I'm impressed. I'm going with Paul Rudd, you know what.
Speaker 4: Honestly, just for the fact that he even when he loses his hair, he's still maintains sort of like a sort of curious sexuality.
Speaker 3: I would also go with Paul Stay.
Speaker 4: Curiously the winner for that one.
Speaker 3: Hawk guy.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, is Paul Rudd portraying Paul Rudd in the film Friendship.
Speaker 3: In the film Category three three, Category three.
Speaker 4: Damn, those are some big gass hands. The nominations are Josh O'Connor in Knives Out, Slash, Mastermind Slash Real Life, The Rock in Smashing Machine, and Omar Benson Miller.
Speaker 3: Is that his name?
Speaker 4: Did I write that right? Omar Benson Miller in Sinners? His name could be wrong, so.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, Omar Benson Miller. Yeah, okay, yes, okay, I got that right, Yep.
Speaker 1: It does. I mean, I just say there are multiple scenes in Knives Out where Josh O'Connor puts up his dukes as if to say, damn, look at these big as hands like that. That was you know, every actor, no actor is making a movement by accident. They know what side their bread is buttered on. And I think he recognized he's got some, he's got some big hulk smashers, you know. And for that reason, I'm going with Josh O'Connor.
Speaker 3: The Rock was I think an easy answer.
Speaker 2: The Omar one for me was low hanging fruit because I didn't I was just like presuming I just looked at a picture of Josh O'Connor with his hands on his face.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 3: What this guy's got some fucking pause on.
Speaker 1: Him and why is he taking that picture if not to be like like, yo, you.
Speaker 3: Know what's up? Look at these fucking hands. Baby.
Speaker 2: So but that ship after seeing after his publicis hit me with the four year consideration tape, I can wa hands's and aka me googling Josh O'Connor hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's Josh O'Connor.
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot of picture. I'm just gonna say again to my point of like them being like I don't know, Like, so you're a bye. He's like, yeah, So I'm gonna keep my hands right up here the whole time. They're gonna be in frame at all times. You look at Josh O'Connor pictures, his hands are always where you can see him.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, as you guys might have known, I did go to SNL this past weekend where.
Speaker 3: Wow, Wow Connor was the host. Wow how did you know there? Who'd even know there? Who do I know there? How'd you get in there?
Speaker 4: My little tiny man named Lorne Michael's.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's really emphasizing how much she's left us in the dust. Now, oh yeah, my new show gets me invited to hang out with Josh O'Connor.
Speaker 3: Maybe we can go to the desert.
Speaker 4: I don't know, no, but you know, not like in the SNL monologues are always like they're always like throwing their hands up to do their monologue. Seconds of this fool throwing his hands up, me and my friends both looked at each other and said, damn, he's got some big ass hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He was just doing the whole monologue palming basketball is in both hands the whole time.
Speaker 4: And then and then he in knives Out.
Speaker 3: Yes, he had.
Speaker 4: When he threw up his things to fight, I was like, they're bigger than his head.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look at this other photo where he's contemplative looking at his own hands.
Speaker 3: He's like, why did you give me such giant hands? God, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway, is I think, Yeah, graduated, Josh, All right, pick up your award. M those are some big ass hands. The Presige Casting Award goes to Josh O'Connor in Knives Out Slash, the Mastermind Slash in his real life.
Speaker 1: M hm. You know, coming into this year, a lot of there was a lot of buzz about who was going to get the damn those are some big ass hands in twenty four and.
Speaker 3: He was just gonna worn away with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could say it's named after his big smash in hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, category.
Speaker 1: Could say that, you could. Many are saying, many are saying he made that movie as awards bait for this award, humiliating. It is a bit humiliating. Involved he wanted it too bad?
Speaker 3: Wait, is that that's a SAFTI movie, right, Smashally Machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's got that graininess to it. You know, it's got that safty grain.
Speaker 3: I like to call it. Okay.
Speaker 4: Category number four A Queen. Nominations are Rose Byrne and if I had legs, I'd kick you. Tiana Taylor in One Battle after Another, Umni Musaku Mosaku in Sinners, Kate Marrow, Kate Morrow, Kate Marraw Oh.
Speaker 1: Friendship A four nom category. I could also maybe put out Walton Goggins's a girlfriend from Waite Lotus a.
Speaker 4: Lou Well what you can do because.
Speaker 1: Shut your mouthable.
Speaker 2: It made me start your own Cocto Awards show where they give out awards last minute after the votings.
Speaker 4: Idea Honorable Mentions.
Speaker 3: I think she's getting the honorable mention category. Uh man. I love rose Burn and who's your vote? Who's your vote?
Speaker 4: You know, I wasn't even thinking about this before, but I'm looking at Tianna Taylor.
Speaker 3: Mmmmmmmmmm.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's Taylor too. I have my Taylor as well. I think I had damn near nominated her.
Speaker 2: Deanna Taylor has had such an arc as a person in the spolight. I remember when she was on My Super Sweet sixteen. Yeah, and she had the wildest birthday party with I think Pharrell came. It was it was wild.
Speaker 1: Wait was she famous before that or she was like she was just a person having a sixteenth birthday. Like was the premise like we're doing celebrity my Super Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 2: I mean she had a single coming out, so she was like performing, but I didn't I didn't know to be rich. Yeah yeah, yeah, because I just remember she had maybe a grill or braces, and I just remember at that time Pharrell came to her sixteenth birthday party and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, who the fuck? How come this little girl got Pharrell at her sixteenth birthday? And she's had this whole career. She you know, last she left the money Shumpert.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: She's doing her thing.
Speaker 4: Incredible house. If you've ever seen inside of her house, google it.
Speaker 3: It is really every room.
Speaker 1: You're really living that celebrity life. Yeah. Oh, if you've built a Tiana's home, you simply must.
Speaker 4: She had a reality show. Her daughter is like a really really cutie pie m.
Speaker 2: M is her daughter also doing uh like acting and shit.
Speaker 4: I think she's a little young for that, but she's definitely star.
Speaker 3: If you will got It, got It, got.
Speaker 4: It, probably will one day because she's so cute.
Speaker 3: Yes she is. She nominated for anything else. I'm just trying to think, oh wow, so.
Speaker 4: I think we should give it to her.
Speaker 3: A queen.
Speaker 4: The winner is Tianna Taylor Taylor on Battle after Another.
Speaker 2: Get your Award, Tiana, twis you come by to Hollywood or Hollywood Boulevard, will be right there and to hand it over to you.
Speaker 4: Please pick it up in Purson all right, category number five five Okay you cute, and the nominees are Robbie Hoffman and Hacks Rangel Senate and I Love l A or Ivy Woke in Friendship.
Speaker 2: Muh and Double Double that's Double's friendship and if I had legs.
Speaker 3: And if I had legs, that's both of those. For me. I still Ivy Ivy Wolke for me was the one I was like, Okay, okay, I see you now, Ivy q cute.
Speaker 1: Ivy Wolke is I. I didn't see either of those movies, but her performance, oh right, she's in Friendship. Yeah. Her performance in Friendship and on Stradio Lab this year really made her pop for me, made made me say, okay, you cute, So Ivy Woke would be my pick. You know, I feel a veto coming on.
Speaker 4: I feel like I could also give it to Ivy Ivy Woke because nothing makes you look cuter than some straight up bangs on your big ass forehead. Not that she has, but I just think that is a cutie pie.
Speaker 1: Look, it is really cutie pie for sure.
Speaker 3: So let's do it.
Speaker 4: The winner for Okay you cute is Ivy Woke in Friendship Slash.
Speaker 3: Was the one uh.
Speaker 4: At the hotel thank you? Yeah, the girl the Hotel Girls.
Speaker 1: Slash Stradio Lab, so she don't little fart at the Endustradio and some help.
Speaker 3: You right, clearly.
Speaker 2: You know, Jack, when it tickles him, you're gonna get that tickled laugh out of him. Also, I had no idea her father is the censor for Jimmy Kimmel. Wow, I guess he's just on like the FCC dump button.
Speaker 4: So no wonder she won.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 1: And her mom that's how she came kitect. Yeah, so she got to.
Speaker 4: My ass a landscape architect and cut those bangs perfectly.
Speaker 1: With a weed whacker. Uh, let's take a quick break. We're gonna come back. We're gonna do categories like why are you screaming? Did not know you could sing? And other categories like that. Will be right back and we're bag And in the sixth category, m hm.
Speaker 4: In the category is a legend. Give this one to Mark Ruffalo in anything and the nominees are.
Speaker 1: That's the whole category. I didn't know the full name of the category. I would have changed some of my nominees.
Speaker 3: Well, no, that was the point.
Speaker 2: I remember when you when we were nominating, we were like what and it's like, fucking whatever, dude, it's up to you.
Speaker 4: It's just funny Mark Ruffalo and task because you have to at least give one to Mark right right, Yeah, George Clooney's eyebrows and J Kelly Adam Sandler and j Kelly tough to go up against each other Venicio del Toro in one battle after another and leave Schreiber in cat stealing.
Speaker 3: Sorry, what was the category? Oh it's he's a legend, legend. What are you guys thinking? I?
Speaker 2: Well, you have you have another really specific category where I really love the troll nominee and in this one, I feel like this could this should go to Mark Ruffalo in the.
Speaker 1: Spiritual in task because I show that once we got off Mike, you said you didn't really enjoy that much.
Speaker 3: I thought it was I thought it was fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I lost that ship.
Speaker 3: I lost momentum. I lost it was bad, said you didn't even like that much. I'm sorry, Jack is smoking.
Speaker 2: I would give this one a bit Easio. Personally, I like the I love the delco accents and that whole thing.
Speaker 3: I just I could do it.
Speaker 4: We got to record we got to record a post roll.
Speaker 3: Okay past ye anna?
Speaker 4: Uh ads are do? We got to record a post roll.
Speaker 3: Have you seen there's a there's a comedian who was doing like if Miss Rachel was from Delco. Yes, yeah, video is so fucking good.
Speaker 1: Did you see the Philly A s m r.
Speaker 3: She's like, no, We're going to Rita's wood Ice.
Speaker 1: So fucking good. By the way, Rita's wood Ice makes a cameo in task.
Speaker 3: Yea his daughter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, let me get the let me get the black cherry.
Speaker 3: There's a little charge of black cherry and my love of Delco.
Speaker 2: Also, I think I think Mark Ruffalo is at I think it's an apt also.
Speaker 4: Another example of like a character that you're like, how did you get this job? And that's why it makes him such a legend, because the whole time you're questioning if that man should even be there, and that's that's acting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is acting?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: I mean? Is he a better pick for if they're fed?
Speaker 4: No, the entire cast. Also, this man played.
Speaker 3: The Hulk really well too, that I did forget that.
Speaker 1: A big thing that I had to do this year was rewatch a lot of the Marvel films with my kids, and his performance stands above and beyond him and uh Downey Junior are just like out here fucking carrying those movies.
Speaker 4: There's a task where he's like, goad my back hurts, and he's sort of like the way he walks in Task, he is doing the like there is no way this man was the Hulk.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, yeah, yeah, they're like his Task is so bad it.
Speaker 4: Disrupts everything inside me. That's like, God, get a fucking phone roller, my dude, going on with your body. It pisses me off. And that's why he's such a legend because I was so irritated watching that show.
Speaker 1: So we're not going, Benizio, do a fucking stretch.
Speaker 3: Too easy?
Speaker 4: Alright, alright, a legend. Give this one to Mark Ruffalo. The winner is Mark Ruffalo in Task, Come Pick Up Your Ward. It was as if the.
Speaker 2: Outrage crazy category seven.
Speaker 4: Category seven is if seven. If they're a fed, then anyone can be a fed. Apparently. The nominations include entire cast of Task, that cop from Weapons m hm, the Christmas Adventures Club. You know what that means? Liam Neeson in Naked Gun. Yeah, there's one scene in The Naked Gun that had me cackling when I was watching it on airplane. And I can't repeat it because it's actually kind offensive. But it includes them like using the R word so fucking.
Speaker 1: So much like Okay, Brian called the coppin weapons, Alden third and Reich?
Speaker 3: Which is that third? And reiching? No, no, no name.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: Aaron Reich. I don't even know who that is the copp and weapons.
Speaker 1: Do you see weapons?
Speaker 4: I have not?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, both of this makes a lot of sense. The lack of weapons love, I'm getting you could have you.
Speaker 3: Had a vote too, Yeah, girl, why do you a feel like you're not here?
Speaker 1: I made I made the nomination, but the lack of that fucking energy I'm getting back from you guys on you said the cup from weapons whatever that means.
Speaker 3: There's a cup and weapons whatever that is.
Speaker 4: You did not give me the actors name, so I had no Reich.
Speaker 1: You know this guy? Okay, he's fucking soul.
Speaker 2: I like the Task one too, because I like the cast of Task as if anyone can be a fed. And I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with him because that whole like anti VAXX documentary he's narrating.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what Yeah, yeah, he's he's in.
Speaker 2: A film that like questions the legitimacy of vaccines and like RFK Junior has like an interview in it. His reps have said he is absolutely like, not anti vacs.
Speaker 1: He's just asking questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's it's weird because the Guardian said.
Speaker 2: In the documentary viewed by the Guardian, the narration read by Nissan states that those on the pro vaccine side have demanded quote unconditional submission to our public institutions, and quote science has become dangerously politicized.
Speaker 3: I'm like, sure, maybe in.
Speaker 2: A broad sense you could kind of thread that needle maybe, but come on.
Speaker 3: Baby, this is an anti vax documentary with RFK Junior. What did you think it was going to be? Wow, someone needed to check. Yeah, I just That's what I did. While in between, I was like, let me just check because I know he was in the that's not a good headline.
Speaker 4: That's tough, all right. Well, if they're a fed, then anyone can be a fed. Apparently the winners are the entire task of Wait, the.
Speaker 3: Entire entire cast say that was a veto approval.
Speaker 4: I just decided to give it to them because the entire show, I was going, what the fuck I could?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't even need to know how to do anything.
Speaker 1: You absolutely could have you not realized you can he's putting out there. You've seen this team, They're rolling out there the whole time.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, get your head in the game.
Speaker 4: Fed there's only one who's just like a good marksman. And then you're like, and she can't even smell.
Speaker 3: Well, shout out, smell. Shout out. To the cast of the Cask of I'm Onto Las. Yeah, you've done it again. You've done it again.
Speaker 4: Season two, Here we come you. Mostry category is why are you screaming? And the nominees are Connor Omalley in Friendship, Tim Robinson in Chair Company, Connor O'Malley in Chair Company, and Claire Danes maybe in a beast in me.
Speaker 3: If she might be screaming, we don't presuming. Yeah, there's always a contort. You're always gonna get good contorted face acting I have.
Speaker 1: This isn't one of my main ones that I want to bring in the performance from White Lotus in, but I do. Walton Goggins has a lot of scenes where I'm like, what is your fucking problem? Man, why are you so mad about everything?
Speaker 4: Well, Matt is not screaming to be that, my god, you know, you know what other show we've completely fucking Forgot is righteous Gemstones. No, we have some honorable mentions and Rachel okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah we got just has to go up there get crazy. But that entire cast is, Yeah, it was unreal.
Speaker 1: I think I want to vote for Connor O'Malley and to both the extended scene that you share with me and what made it in and then the fact is screaming and then going into where Tim Robinson like gives the speech and then he's like, all right, I'm going to give a speech and then says and finally just in closing, we should have never left Afghanistan. Way to say you're going to close the speech. So great, Connor O'Malley. I mean second that Slugs was this year. I think pipe rock Theory was this year. Like just all.
Speaker 3: Around could be best picture for me.
Speaker 1: Slugs could be best Picturelugs fucking slucks, just a bunch of slugs.
Speaker 2: I've never felt more from such an absurd like absurdist comedy thing.
Speaker 3: It was like a clip. Yeah. Also best acting to the woman who he fell in love with in Slugs. Also, she was a fucking amazing performance.
Speaker 2: You lived a whole life, Yeah, Connor Omalley, I think I'm Connor.
Speaker 1: Conn O'Malley, Why are you screaming? I'll tell you why. You've just won one of the most prestigious twenty twenty five Prestige Casting awards.
Speaker 4: Why are you screaming? The award goes to Connor O'Malley in Friendship.
Speaker 2: You've come a long way, sir, since you were on Vine harassing Finance Bros and convertibles on your bike in Manhattan.
Speaker 1: God not that far. Yeah, not that far, and that's why we love you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, help me pleas.
Speaker 3: Everyone thought it debos.
Speaker 2: My friends and I still called doritosbos because he was calling them doribos in his Vine videos.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so yeah, so yeah bos.
Speaker 4: All right, next category, I've lost count when I'm no, I did not know you could sing. The nominees are Amanda Seafried in the Testament of Ann Lee. I just wrote Miles and Sinners. What's that apps, ca, Yeah, Caden and Sinners fellas group in Friendship.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go with just off the strength of how quickly you texted us after you saw the Amanda Seafried movie. I feel like she must really be putting it out there, and that is not somebody that I would have thought would be a good singer. So I'm gonna I'm gonna go with Amanda Sigfried.
Speaker 3: She says Siegfried, and I get his ass. I'm actually, can I have it? I'm actually I learned recently that it is Cifrid. Ceifrid.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, So I'm going back to Sigfried. Is she and Mama Mia? So we should have known she could sing.
Speaker 3: You animal though, I mean, yeah, but I forgot. Yeah, all right, I take away my vote. I thought everybody was lip syncing in Mama Mia. They was all singing. That wasn't Meryl Street belting that ship out like that? There's no way they live.
Speaker 4: Don't know, but I forgot she was in that movie and that she sang in that movie. Maybe Ceifried, You're still.
Speaker 3: I'm going.
Speaker 1: I'm going with Miles from Sinners.
Speaker 2: I think like that one in terms of like in earnestly, I was like, that was one of the most that was like one of the more amazing sort of musical moments in film this year. So I would I would give it to that because I was true, like to the point of what your award is and of being oh, you can sing, it's not that I didn't believe it, but hearing the voice, yeah, it woke something up in me and I was like, that was.
Speaker 1: My favorite moment in film this year was that scene in Sinners. So I heartily second that.
Speaker 3: Oh Brian says, Mama Mia does have a.
Speaker 2: Cast recording, okay, and then for laughs the Fellows.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna go with Miles from Sinners. Sammy, all right, well, I did not know you could sing. The award goes to Fellas group in Friendship.
Speaker 2: Alright, wowells, you should know that.
Speaker 1: The sweetness of the first.
Speaker 2: It's like there I could see them almost like push pulling back the hair behind their ears as they sang to each other like.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, you should know.
Speaker 4: I mean it's just to do my boo by ghost Towns as like the song. These a bunch of like old white guy. I mean they can think there's one like black man, but like there's one crew to be like we love ghost Town DJSA.
Speaker 3: That's just so funny.
Speaker 2: It's really the oh thank god he you know what it's because the black guy kicks it off and he just sets the stage.
Speaker 1: Yes, boy, you should know that.
Speaker 3: That's a great scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good and then the immediately that's like the turning point. That's where he like doesn't it's like too beautiful. He doesn't know what to do with himself, and he freaks out.
Speaker 3: For him, He's like, I've never been apart. It's because the whole time, Tim Robinson's like, what the fuck is this a cult? What the are they doing? Bro? Wait, they really there? This is beautiful.
Speaker 4: You got like John Glazer in there, like yeah, yeah, the whole crew of maniacs.
Speaker 2: Christopher seeing Tim Robinson's face slowly like softened as he seems that.
Speaker 3: Oh it's just beautiful friendship. Oh man, all right, so the winever the ward goes.
Speaker 4: To category number ten.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, Davis on that tangent category.
Speaker 4: Time, and now you're a Halloween costume. For Most Millennial Men, nominees are Leonardo DiCaprio in One Battle after another, Venicio del Toro in one Battle after another, Smoke Stack in Sinners okay, and then just K Pop Demon Hunters.
Speaker 2: I'm just sorry every child I saw boy at the elementary school, at the daycare.
Speaker 3: I'm picking up my kid. Everybody was on some K pop demon hunter ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're not millennials actually, as I described that out loud, I'm describing Jen Alpha. So I'm gonna go with my original one because this Halloween I did see it everywhere, which was Leonardo DiCaprio from One Battle after another.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's I think that's the pick I think for this age group. And it is an indelible performance.
Speaker 3: So such a low energy costume to put.
Speaker 4: Together two thing and you always hear some guy it's perfect. Then it could just get to wear a robout. Yeah dude, I already have all that shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh cool, Yeah, his sunglasses really doing some great sunglass work in that film.
Speaker 4: I was like so excessive, like just put on some ray bands, Like why are you goingt some wraparounds?
Speaker 3: Like you just had your eyes dilated?
Speaker 1: I know right, it looks like you just got the.
Speaker 4: You got your pupils dilated. Yeah, yeah, you can't see bright light.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yeah, Brian did put in the chat. How do we is there any way we can get the Mexican whistling?
Speaker 1: I think it's honorable mention.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an honorable mention, okay, because that should be an a word too.
Speaker 1: Best Mexican whistling.
Speaker 2: It was just one of those things where like if like for all the people who are Mexican who saw that, it was like they're like, bro, he fucking killed that, and so there has to be like a you're invited to the cookout based on that performance type of word.
Speaker 3: Maybe for next year, I may I may propose that, but anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, best Mexican whistling by a non Mexican.
Speaker 4: The whole theater was impressed down here. That's so funny.
Speaker 2: Oh oh wait, wait Brian were they were they really going like, oh okay, you do you hear a slow clap? So hold on, Brian, Well disclosure, Brian does live in Mexico, so this is this is him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Me and Tambo were like we heard that whistle. We were like yeah, hit each other. And then I looked behind me and it was just everybody like twenty or thirty like all right, he did his fucking research.
Speaker 3: They just start slow clapping.
Speaker 6: They're like like there were some like they were raised eyebrows in the theater, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was fallless. It was flawless, flawless. Yeah, victory. So Leonardo DiCaprio finally gets one.
Speaker 3: Okay by mana, do we know were we giving it.
Speaker 4: Up to and now your hallwind costume. For most millennial men, min the winner is Leonardo DiCaprio in one Wow.
Speaker 3: Leonardo DiCaprio, come pick up your award, man in a robe, congratulations one something.
Speaker 2: And he didn't even have to like do an accent, really, and it had nothing to do with his acting either.
Speaker 3: It was like we did whoever did wardrobe on that film? You did it?
Speaker 1: Oh man, all right, we should take one more break and we'll come back to close it out. Here are honorable mentions, and of course you know the final award. Look, people need to recognize basically more prestigious than any award. We'll be right back and we're back by This is where it gets serious. This is where like everybody starts tuning in. They're like they're they're up to the big ones. These are the big awards that everybody's ready for the.
Speaker 3: Last forty minutes of the Oscars, the.
Speaker 1: Last forty this is when the stars come out and shine their brightest.
Speaker 3: What was the last one? There's some fucking costume one I don't know, you know, I don't know, man, nobody cares.
Speaker 1: The fuck up.
Speaker 4: There's always costume that gets rejected right Category eleven, Top Scars Guard, Bill in Dead Man's Wire, Stellin in and Or, and Peter in Stars Guard.
Speaker 3: Peter sars Guard.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was in anything, oh man, Like I said, but you had to look it up, and that makes him a nominee for Top Scars Guard. I I know this will get voted, this will be vetoed, but like I said, in the spirit of a troll vote Jack nominating Peter Sarsguard as Top Scars Guard.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll just say Jack, well.
Speaker 1: Done, thank you, thank you. Goal.
Speaker 3: Are you voting for Jack? What do you what's the point?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think maybe what I mean to say is, rather than to sully the good name of this award show and go for the troll thing, I'll just give Jack his flowers for Peter stars Guard as Top Scars Guard. I have not seen what Alex was in, but I did see and Or, and I like Stellin, and I did see that interview that they did recently.
Speaker 3: He was like, I used to watch their penis every.
Speaker 1: Day, So he watched his penis every day.
Speaker 3: It was I used to watch his penis.
Speaker 1: It's very out man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Stalin for me. But what am I gonna do?
Speaker 1: Peter for me?
Speaker 4: Top scars Guard. The award goes to Bill Okay in dead Man's Wire?
Speaker 3: How was that?
Speaker 1: What is dead Man's Wire? What is it?
Speaker 4: Fan sant movie? It's based on real events. You should watch it. It's scars Guard takes he the character he plays is phenomenal and he's doing he's doing like a thick southern Midwestern sort of accent. You can't even hear Sweden in him.
Speaker 1: By Wise in Penny Wise, he was in, Uh, what's the Barbarian? He's like the misdirect and Barbarian. I feel like, Yeah, is Bill scars Guard the bass player for Penny Wise?
Speaker 4: He wasn't he was in he played the titular role.
Speaker 1: No oh yeah, he's fucking iconic man.
Speaker 3: He is like.
Speaker 1: The award Yeah, no, he is so good and fucking everything. It's it's like he's undeniable.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what the y I'm going with that too.
Speaker 4: I'm so when you see dead Man's Wire, you're gonna call me. You're not even gonna text me, You're gonna pick up your phone, You're gonna.
Speaker 2: Hit I'm gonna mistake on a so good in it I'm ashamed of myself.
Speaker 4: And also Gus Baran sand good for you coming back making a great film.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Category twelve, Wait are you playing yourself? And the nominees are George Clooney and j Kelly the cat in Cots stealing Benicio del Toro in one battle after.
Speaker 3: Another, and I have I'm not.
Speaker 4: Done yet, Connor O'Malley in Friendship and supporting cast of the Chair Company.
Speaker 1: I do have one to add here.
Speaker 3: You cannot You can't add it. That's a that's a men.
Speaker 1: But you can say, well, I'm gonna tell you what my honorable mention is gonna be. And that's Patrick Forzenegger in White Lotus. Oh good, motherfucker, Like that was the central quest. People came away and were like, he's either good or that is exactly who that motherfucker is.
Speaker 2: That's like how I feel about Forrest Whitaker's daughter being in I Love La Too.
Speaker 4: She's playing herself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was like, I know this type of person.
Speaker 1: She goes in that meeting is just like and then like, yeah, so I dated him and then he graduated college.
Speaker 3: He no, he was like married at the time. I think she was everything she says in that.
Speaker 1: Show is so fucked up anyways, that's an honorable Menchi, but I gotta I gotta go. Uh. The supporting cast of the Chair Company, particularly the guy works at the shirt store and says he knows a guy who's at his limit. Just every that that was the question that was on my mind every time one of those people are on, just like who are these people? There's like something uncanny about like watching them, and they each feel so lived in that You're like, I feel like you could have a movie with each of these people. But that would be my vote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very I mean yeah, like to Bryan's point, like it's all non actors to give you that like surreal, Like it makes it surreal when Tim Robinson is like the straight character a lot of the times and you have these like wacky bad actors acting their fucking hearts out though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is the straight character through that whole thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, which is wild too to be like in this Tim Robinson show, he's the straight man to everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh. An even episode.
Speaker 4: Where they go to the bar to find that like the man who's in the photos that episode so crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, it takes off in a way that you're just like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the actor who's like I have been on cocaine, and every one of those photos.
Speaker 3: Everything about it.
Speaker 1: Suprily and openly on cocaine, but then always like constantly crashing everything. Yeah, there's so many, too many dimension but so.
Speaker 5: Many fake money or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's so much going on.
Speaker 3: Okay, Uh, the winner is Miles.
Speaker 4: Did you vote?
Speaker 3: Oh Ship? Uh?
Speaker 2: Probably, I mean I have to I have to be real that all of the non actor people who were acting in The Chair Company, I think really made that show what it was.
Speaker 3: So my vote is for the Chair Company.
Speaker 4: All right, secondary cast, wait are you playing yourself? And the winner is the supporting cast of The.
Speaker 1: Chair Oh wow? Oh I thought you were gonna give it to Georgia Flooney because he felt sorry for him, because how pathetic that character was.
Speaker 4: I was honestly, probably more likely going to give it to the cat and caught stealing, because that's the most likely scenario where that cat was just playing himself.
Speaker 1: That cat was uh tour de force, but yeah, almost definitely just playing that was straight.
Speaker 4: Up at a bar in Mexico at the end of the movie.
Speaker 3: Does he have a plane ticket? How did he get down there. One thing that we forget right is that there's that conor.
Speaker 2: O'Malley also gets in this because of he's voicing Pepperoni and lice the vulgar podcast that might he's.
Speaker 1: Getting him home all the hard way I know.
Speaker 3: And also one person we really I really want to call out from that cast is Jim Downey.
Speaker 1: Jim Downey is so good and the.
Speaker 2: Bubbles necklace is every the wheelchair well, the doctor says, it's up me when to get out of.
Speaker 1: How lung you in there?
Speaker 4: Really into like accessibility all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So funny that when they're doing the meeting at the end and he immediately throws them under the bus. Oh man, I hope that was reasonable to people who haven't seen The Chair Company.
Speaker 4: Hey, he's like I said, mostly about the Chair Company.
Speaker 3: Category thirteen.
Speaker 4: Category thirteen is okay, body. These are Michael B. Jordan and Sinners, Austin Butler and Zoey Kravitz and Cot stealing Sean penn in one battle after another and the body that got crushed and final Destination.
Speaker 1: I will say this is another one that Walton Goggins in both White Lotus and as Uncle Baby Billy when he's water skiing. I was like, Jesus Christ, many that's so weird.
Speaker 4: Give it to him in that first scene of Righteous Gemstones where he's full frontal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, old front episode. That's definitely honorable mention for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would go. My vote would be Sean Penn in one battle after another. His body is so like just weird and like unforgettable, but like also shredded. Like it's just like, oh man, that vein deserves its own best.
Speaker 2: Supporting Jack, I just saw a thumbnail of what you're talking about from Final Destination.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's pretty fucked up. Oh my trash compact. I mean, because he said I've never seen a body do that, can show it. Yeah, I'll just because I'm just looking at YouTube. I just say a crush scene.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, appropriate.
Speaker 1: It's not good. And my son saw it happen over my shoulder and is like.
Speaker 3: I was watching it on a plane.
Speaker 2: But I like how you always have like you said, U SA, the children should be behind the adults.
Speaker 1: So in that sense, so I'm I'm in first class and they come up and they're like, Daddy, they're not.
Speaker 2: Getting any water, all right, hold on, come look at this shit, look at this, since you're here, looking at look at since.
Speaker 3: You're here, because fucking human being get crushed in a trail. Wow, that shit's fucked. Good job, good job, Sorry, okay, you know what?
Speaker 4: Okay, body, and the winner is Sean Penn in one battle after another. Just the scene of him walking after you think he dies in the car accident.
Speaker 1: His physicality is so crazy. His body, yes, so strange.
Speaker 4: Another shout out to that is he clearly was filming that movie when he did his interview in the Charlie Sheen documentary, and so it's kind of a little the same hair, Yeah, same hair, Like he just looks so Grizzly's like smoking space the whole time, and you're like, huh.
Speaker 3: It's so funny that, Like when you think of that guy's career, Tom, like, I first knew you as Jeff Spacoli, then you became like and then I've.
Speaker 1: Been big like Spacoli and this are like the two performances that I've just been like, holy shit. But like other stuff I've he's not like my favorite actor in the world, but this really when I heard that, it was like, and Sean Penn gives like a crazy performance. Actually in Liquor he was really funny and liquoric pizza two uh as that like, he shows up for one scene and it's just crazy. All right, all right, congratulations to Sean Penn. Oh you're just going to show.
Speaker 4: Up fourteen fourteen, Oh, You're just gonna show up and make me cry.
Speaker 3: And the dominees are.
Speaker 4: The dominies are Brendan Fraser in Rental Family, Michael B. Jordan getting fit by the Vampire, and Sinners. I got Alton Goggins at the end of White Lotus.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I haven't seen Rental Family, so tell me. Tell me what you're feeling when you saw his performance and Rental Family.
Speaker 3: What got you so?
Speaker 4: Just for context, Rental Family is he isn't at like a commercial actor in Japan. I mean he he basically gets a job being like someone that. Like I guess this is something in Japanese culture.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Miles A.
Speaker 4: You're gonna speak on it where you can, like rent.
Speaker 1: Why did you say that dismissively because it doesn't actually feel real. Why did you make a jack off hand motion? He said that I would never do. Maybe you can speak to it, Miles.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's like a real thing or not, but where you can like rent people to be like family members for certain scenarios and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: And so he's like the token white guy that they like rent out.
Speaker 3: I mean they do they rent him.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, but he's rented as like this girl's father but she doesn't know her real dad. But the mom needs a dad figure to get her into like this fancy school. But the girl doesn't really realize that it's not her father. And he plays he plays it beautifully, damn because he does pro bonded with this girl playing her father but she doesn't know he's no.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a it's a thing. It's like it's only been happy.
Speaker 4: It's not like a just see Brendan Fraser like thriving and like being back on the big screen.
Speaker 2: And you're like, uh oh, so it's it was like a holistic kind of thing for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're like the Mummy hasn't been the same with that.
Speaker 2: That's made you're really just you're really just crying that he's not in the Mummy anymore.
Speaker 3: They like rest you and the Mummy. It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: The plot is full, doesn't make sense. I love Brendan Fraser. I don't feel like his big comeback movie being the Whale, Like I don't know, like I want more for him, and so I'm glad to hear he's out there making people cry. I'm gonna give it to Brendan Fraser.
Speaker 2: You know, I loved Airheads, one of the great films of all times, true with Adam Sandler and Steve Buscemi, Redder Fraser.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 2: I haven't even seen it, but I will say I earnestly was moved when I watched.
Speaker 3: Smoke or Stack slowly drift to the other side after the I don't know why. That was just the weird I think that's the only reason I was.
Speaker 2: Like, bro, I'm I don't give a fuck about somebody getting bit in a vampire movie. But I think it was just also because of the if.
Speaker 4: It's like a Ryan Cougler production, it's.
Speaker 3: A Ryan Couger thing. It's like Black Death. There's like this brother holding the other brothers just like there was.
Speaker 2: I think there's there was a lot in it.
Speaker 1: There's a hard one for me because, like I do cry in movies, but I immediately lamp it down, so I can't remember it at all. I don't let it in, you know, And so I don't remember which parts it is that I cried at.
Speaker 3: Admit that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Catherine in your book, Oh that's just you know what, there's a clip right there, Catherine.
Speaker 1: I will cry in movies. I don't remember it because I blackout because of how humiliated I am.
Speaker 2: Just let it out, baby, let it out. But you know what, I'll get bullied into this. Uh, Brendan Fraser Fraser.
Speaker 4: And asked Jack about that. We just like kept telling us. He's like, you know, I want to cry.
Speaker 3: You know what? And you know what, Anna, you know we should?
Speaker 2: I think I think what we He looks like he's in need right now, and I think there's only one way to address this.
Speaker 1: Boy. You sh not you not now? Right?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: So the winner of oh You're just going to show up and make me cry is Brendan Fraser in Red Family Get It's been the same without you. Remember that time you want an oscar? And then you and uh what was that actor's name from Indiana Jones who came and they like hugged each other because they knew each other from Encino man Holly Shore know, you know he was in everything, everywhere, all at once.
Speaker 3: All right, Jonathan Kei quan his real vis Jonathan Kikwon.
Speaker 4: Yes, Jonathan key Kwan. Oh my god, I can't believe I forgot his name. That's really embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Come get your award. Brendan B. Fraser weeping right now? Ah Lee, all right, Category.
Speaker 4: Fifteen, Coguary fifteen. I bet they regret casting you because you just stole this scene.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: How many are Michael Stilberg Stlberg in After the Hunt, Bad, Bunny in Happy Gilmour Too Bad, Bunny in Kott Stealing Leave, and Dinofrio in Kott Stealing Harris Dickinson in Urchin.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: That's like a serious nomination the last one.
Speaker 1: And Harris Dickinson probably get nominated. Who regrets casting himself because he was the director of the movie.
Speaker 3: How do you know that?
Speaker 1: How do I know that he was the director of the movie.
Speaker 3: How do you know he regrets?
Speaker 1: So you're just saying no, because the premise of the award is that they regret casting you because you stole the show. Have to be like fuck, I'm too good at this. How do you know that? I did you talk to?
Speaker 3: How do you know Bill's the best Scars guard?
Speaker 4: You like read somewhere that he would regret.
Speaker 1: Casting No no, no for you no never.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: He regrets it because he was the director.
Speaker 1: And that's how good he was.
Speaker 3: That's how good he was that he lost me.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen Urchin, but I do want to give him his flowers, because I think he's one of our best young actors.
Speaker 3: For if you go.
Speaker 4: See Urchin, it's so good. It's about like basically a man who's like a drug addict and homeless and living on the street. And I have never in my life like seen a film that does it so perfectly well that even though he's like acting a fool and like doing stuff he shouldn't be doing this character which isn't Harry Stickinson, but like you are on his side the whole time, and it's really beautifully done. And Harry Stickinson also is like a character who also lives on the street and is a drug addict and they get into some shit together and like it's just really it's really beautifully done. I really recommend it. It'll it'll talget your heart strings and.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, and that's that's that, and that's all I have to say about that.
Speaker 1: The thing that I write for in this category though, is leev and uh then's Dnophrio in Caught Stealing.
Speaker 3: I can't, like, what are their characters names there?
Speaker 1: I forget. They're hasidic hit men who are like the scariest people in the underworld, but they just like walk around and the city clothes and uh and they're like kind of just a good hang Like right.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, Schmully Drucker, Yeah, that's what that's. Vincent Inofrio and uh leave is leput Drucker. But Smully a name. You're like, O, yeah, I stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like it's going to be such a bad idea and then they absolutely fucking kill it.
Speaker 3: You're full on mobsters. Yeah, but they love their bubby.
Speaker 1: They do love their bubby.
Speaker 2: There is a story from from New York in like twenty twenty one where I hit man dressed up as a Hasidic guy to do a hit and then I kind of like take the costume off to fade into the ground, but he was caught. Smart for me, I think this is another one where like, personally, I'll just ride for my pig, which was Benito bad Bundy in Happy Gilmore Too.
Speaker 3: I said bad Bundy. You heard it.
Speaker 2: He's not his name, but yeah, I think that was for me. I was just like, oh, I I've seen you do funny shit, but doing it the whole time. And I was like, okay, you're giving.
Speaker 3: Me a little bit of a laugh. I'm gonna go with Bad Bunny. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have to say, Bad Bunny really does steal Happy Gilmore in a way that you're like, it's like who.
Speaker 2: You're kind of off Happy Gilmore as a character and Happy Gilmore too.
Speaker 3: You're like, I don't know, bro, this like the whole plot is stay retired. Yeah, I'm like, you killed your wife on accident? Yeah? Really, you know you should be in jail the bad Buddy More of the caddy. Did you see Happy god More Too?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's it's definitely like now Anna's oh you didn't see weapons?
Speaker 3: Oh you see Happy to Go More too?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, but that is one I think for me, pleasant surprise. But anyway, Anna, the winner is.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be a veto one. But I have a favorite gret casting you because you just stole this scene, and the winner is Michael Stillberg. And After the Hunt because let me tell you, please watch this movie and only watch it for Michael Stilburg. This motherfucker is causing so many problems. Really, he's barely in it, and most of the time I'm wondering.
Speaker 3: What is he doing.
Speaker 1: It's a smoochie.
Speaker 4: He's like so messy in it, and he's not involved at all.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 4: He's just cooking every meal Julia Roberts because he plays her husband. He's had enough of.
Speaker 1: Io and he's just not I know a guy who's that is.
Speaker 4: It's also like the type of like husband who's like kind of like annoyed by the choices you're making, but he's like acting out because of it. So he's like blasting like classical music. But then also like still you know, trying to take care of you. I don't know. He's really funny in it, and.
Speaker 1: He's always anatomy of a fall, like the guy who's like passive aggressively blasting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like blasting the like steel drum version of the fifty cents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, you can't get a dollar out of me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whatever. I have that on a playlist on like one of my Spotify playlists, and it's every time it comes on.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I mean that steel band, they do everything. I mean, there's one. She definitely killed him though, right, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't know stoll bar it's good. It's good for Stollbarg to get an award. You know, he was in Combra. I was a serious man. Lincoln.
Speaker 4: That's the thing is like he's so unseerious in.
Speaker 1: This Yeah, right, I think I think that's what he was in a rival.
Speaker 4: You know what. Benito really almost won because like he really did steal Happy Gilmore and caught stealing honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's really good in both.
Speaker 3: It's your look, it's your world. We're just living in it. So the winner is so so much Oh god, well, I mean I think.
Speaker 2: He was great because I remember when he was Arnold Roth on Boardwalk Empire and his performance of that character. I was like, this guy is fucking bone chilling, like with just how bone he's delivery is and.
Speaker 1: Then seeing him do other things boone chill.
Speaker 3: All right, So here we go. She already gave that one out that was so Michael, come get your award now sixteen.
Speaker 4: I haven't been the same since you left my life, and now that you're back in it and cooking, I can feel whole again. The nominees are Pamela Anderson and Naked Guy, Leanna Reeves in Good Fortune, Parker Posey and White Lotus, Daniel Craig in Knives Out, George Clooney and j Kelly.
Speaker 1: What do we think of Parker Posy?
Speaker 3: Parker Posey, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think we're gonna get I will give an honorable Menchi to Uncle Baby Billy though, because that was a thing when it had been a little time between Righteous Gemstone seasons and when I saw when we got Uncle Baby Billy back, I was like, thank God, man.
Speaker 1: This time he's on cocaine.
Speaker 3: So much cocaine and an aw tour that.
Speaker 4: Scene with him and uh, what's his name, Sam Rockwell?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, j yeah, yeah. He was just talking to He's like, and then I became his expression just like huh huh.
Speaker 4: Like trying to not judge his friend, but at the same time having no understanding of what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: No, no, uh so Parker Parker, congratulations, Yep.
Speaker 4: I haven't been the same. Since you like my life and now you're back in it and cooking, I can feel hole again. Is Parker Posey in White Lotus?
Speaker 3: Great to have you back, Parker. Was she really gone for that long? Or is just I haven't really checked in on her.
Speaker 4: Ear anything in a long time?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Category seventeen seventeen category here. Look, people need to recognize and the nominees are Ike Barnholtz in the Studio, Anthony Mackie in the Studio, Stephen Graham in Adolescence, The Subway, Sandwich Shop in Friendship, Orlando Bloom in Deep Cover, and Robert Pattinson and Jennifer Lopez Jennifer Lopez. Yeah, oh, Robert Pattinson, Jennifer Lawrence and Die My Love.
Speaker 3: Relopens. That was way off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, I I mean I put Ike Barnholtz late because I had just remembered.
Speaker 3: That I had watched the studio.
Speaker 2: But however, it felt like one of those things where people who weren't aware that how funny Ike Barenholtz could be that when they saw it they're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, yeah, it was pretty good. That guy was fucking great. I remember the first time he showed up in the Mindy Project. Did you guys watch The Mindy Projects and just being like this dude is the funniest part of the show. Yeah, and then yeah, like he's he's been good in most things, but he really the studio, he's he's really cooking. Yeah, I'm giving it to the Subway.
Speaker 3: That was making a back.
Speaker 1: That drug dealer kid too unbelieved drug deal is so good, just unflappable. He's like, no, you lick it. The Toada is mysterious.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, producer Catherine Big fan of Ike since Io Chicago. See so you probably recognized back then, Catherine, all Right, I said, Mine, I'm I'm I think, I'm like he's Subway Anna, but you're deciding voting.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just thought Anthony Mackie and I just think everyone is so like everyone in the studio really fucking brings it. Yeah, like Seth's Brogan just I don't know if you guys noticed this, but the physical he like brought back the classic like Pineapple Express physical comedy of like what he would do in his early comedy like Stoner films were. In every single episode of the Studio, he takes a spill that's so insane, every episode if you go back and watch, in almost every single episode, he falls and doing something that he doesn't really need to be doing.
Speaker 3: Right, right right? Oh man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, MACKI though too, that was a nice That was a nice break departure from seeing him all this marvel stuff and then have him be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like so many Kravitz being on shrooms. What's her name from Ship's Creek?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Catherine and Catherine Han? No, well, Katherine Han as well being like really terrible l a like Genesis down.
Speaker 3: To the sod.
Speaker 4: No, Katherine O'Hara, Oh yes, Patty previous, Yeah, just a fucking the worst even like, uh, what's his name from? I can't remember anyone these names? Such a mess from Malcom in the Middleton Cranston's playing the head.
Speaker 1: Of this has devolved it to be talking to my parents and the guy's name the.
Speaker 3: Guy from non Breaking Bad, Frankie Munich. I remember Breaking Bad.
Speaker 1: So I said, that's great. Later Breaking I.
Speaker 4: Don't remember what it was called. But he really cut his teeth and Malcolm in.
Speaker 3: The Middle really did he really didn't. You know, this is a tough one.
Speaker 4: And so you said, I, I said, Anthony, and Jack said the subways.
Speaker 1: The subway sandwich sandwich. Yeah, one of my favorite favorite acts of the Prestige casting this year.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm going to give Brian and Catherine sort of like uh wild card votes on this one. What would you guys say, Ike Baron Brian and then the subway sandwich shop and friendship.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got my vote.
Speaker 3: I don't know the sub subway sandwich shops. I'm gonna have to say, Ike, Baron Holtz, Bryan's got Bryan's in on subway.
Speaker 1: Brian's got subway.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's that's tough. Wait his dad was the judge, right in jury duty?
Speaker 1: His dad the judge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know what, Let's give it to Ike.
Speaker 4: All right, Look, people need to recognize and the winner is Ike Barenholtz in the studio.
Speaker 1: Wow's all right.
Speaker 3: Let me just put out there will come to you.
Speaker 1: You know where you're saying, boo, this ship's rigged, And.
Speaker 3: That's the whole idea.
Speaker 1: I will just say, Okay, about to play Elon Musk. He's about to bring He's going to have other chances in his career. That subway sandwich shop, oh my god, is not going to get nominated for much more. I mean may couples.
Speaker 3: Not so you're saying, you're saying, I'm but a humble country lawyer.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Where else can I get some shine here? I mean, I fucking that scene is wild, but.
Speaker 1: It's a scene, so that's right. I go. I am very scene based.
Speaker 4: I will say Subway was cast for that scene.
Speaker 3: But what I have?
Speaker 4: You know what I would have probably liked maybe the Suboy cheesecake factory.
Speaker 1: If he went into a cheesecake factory, a cheesecakes, that would be fine. That would be a good trip. He did fine, But subway isn't it good? Subway is not good enough. Subway is not good enough.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, cheesecake factories prestige and subway is not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my honorable we we gotta get out of him. We have to our fourth episode of the day and a half hour. I do. I do just wanna say my honorable mention was for the best scenes of the year. The subway scene, as I said, made.
Speaker 4: It's not a category bok, go ahead.
Speaker 1: It's I'm just putting it out there as an honorable mention. That's that's my honorable mentions?
Speaker 4: Is everyone else? I have a few honorable mentions. I would say Arden Marine and Shawn Michael Scott playing a couple of Gemstone wonderful, Jamie Leewood White Lotus, Sam Rockwell White Lotus, Carrie Coon White Lotus.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Everything honorable mentions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, My honorable mentions definitely has to go to just Uncle Baby Billy for sure, team the.
Speaker 1: Whole Lifetime Achievement Award.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he does get the Lifetime the teen just arc this.
Speaker 3: Season was so fucking unbelievable and so coked out, like, oh fucking do it. I love that playing a team Jesus.
Speaker 2: And like I said, I forgot that the studio was was even a thing this year.
Speaker 3: So those are just honorable mentions. But I think we spoke, I do.
Speaker 1: I just think there were some really great scenes this year. I thought the Snowman scene and Naked Gunn was really good. I thought the subway scene in Friendship was really good.
Speaker 3: Times are you going to bring up the subway scene?
Speaker 1: I really liked the scene and Materialists where we find out the truth about Pedro Pascal's history and then he about his legs. I won't say anyone in that the White Lotus Sam Rockwell scene was a showstopper, But the best scene of the year in movies was the music scene in Sinners and just reached incredibly high highs with the technology of cinema. Hats off to that scene. That was probably my favorite movie moment in a long time.
Speaker 4: A right there, it is been prestige casting.
Speaker 1: It's been prestige casting twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Wait to see what the year twenty twenty six Springs will have new caries and new nominations. And honestly, apparently Jack's gonna keep talking about that subway scene, and.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it was a subway if you actually count that, What the how long that moment is when he enters the subway it's one minute. It's one minute.
Speaker 2: It's a one minute like it's just a one minute interaction at a subway, but it is so the.
Speaker 1: Scene was the garage with Tim and Connor O'Malley.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go watch the extended scene of that.
Speaker 3: It's so funny.
Speaker 4: They fight so much by then they round around to become Yeah, they're like buddies by again. Yeah, it's really funny. The emotional roller coaster they go on.
Speaker 3: Well, what a time?
Speaker 1: What a year time, guys shout out to who do you think is gonna win Best Picture? Guys that clue it's got to be one battle.
Speaker 3: I think one battle because it's like literal enough for the moment, like Hamnet or some bullshit a net.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see, we'll see what the old people at the Hollywood Forum Press decide and the Golden globes and then how that affects things.
Speaker 3: Who did they give it to last year? Honora? Oh that's wait, that was last year. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was last year. Yeah, I know talking about.
Speaker 4: The Testament of Anley is made by Brady Corbett and his wife or partner. Excuse me, and I don't and let me just tell you it's bringing like that brutalist cinematic energy you never know.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh yeah, the maker of Brutalists made the one that locked up the award for Amanda Ceifried.
Speaker 3: Hey, there we go.
Speaker 4: He deserves have a chance to see the Testament of Anley. I cannot stress enough how good it is.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not out yet, right, it comes out Christmas Day.
Speaker 1: Those you flexing on all of us, like you guys need your homework is to see this movie that I got to see at a screen.
Speaker 4: I don't know it might be this is around that time, so I go see that. So sorry, it's not.
Speaker 3: Because I couldn't even see it, and I don't even know she was good at singing.
Speaker 4: It's about the Shakers, and I know first you're gonna be like, oh, the Shakers boring. They're the shaking Quakers.
Speaker 1: It's really really well shaking that ass. Is that why they got that?
Speaker 4: Guys will be blown away. The choreography is singing. They do it justice in a way that you're gonna be like, mamam.
Speaker 2: Is it a musical or no? It inherently has musical scenes for like their worship praise.
Speaker 4: It is a musical in its own way.
Speaker 3: I see, I'll.
Speaker 2: Say that, okay, Oh Catherine's I was saying so weird and so good y es, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: All right, and I like the spelled out the one until next year, everybody, Bye bye.
Speaker 3: Bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: The Daily zeit Geist as executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bae Wang, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J. M McNabb, and edited and engineered by Brian Jeffries