Speaker 1: In today's episode the Command Center Podcast, we are recapping the Philly game that defense played a little bit better than I think fans think. We're also in the final quarter of the season. We're doing a self evaluation. We're talking playoffs, Yes we are playoffs. And then we got Dallas week. It's a big week. Everyone's super excited. They're struggle a little bit, but it's a rival where you never know what's going to happen. Then we got hell yeah or hell no. It all starts right now. Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Fred Smoot and Santana Moss and guys. Yeah, a lot of football to talk about. It feels like it's been a long time since this game happened because it happened on Thursday night. But let's talk about the Thursday night game against Philadelphia real quick. Let's start with our high level thoughts. Fred, you always like to talk, so why don't you start first.
Speaker 2: I feel like we played a high level team that's in a super Bowl window. I feel like for three and a half quarters, we gave him hell offense, defense, special teams. I believe we left a lot of plays out there if there's a measuring stick with them being a team ended one to think about this offense that I'm gonna tell you about. They got the best offensive line in football. They got a quarterback that can run and throw. They got too legit receivers, one A, one B. They got a tight end in Dallas Goddard that's Sevebles in every way possible. And they got one of the most, if not the most electrifying running back in football in the backfield. We head them off as long as we could until we couldn't. I cannot wait to play them again at home. Not a short week and not going through that Pennsylvania guntlet. We had just went through the Pennsylvania gunlet. We had just played Pittsburgh and then we played Philadelphia, them two physical teams. I thought he took his toll on us, especially in the fourth quarter. Yeah, you know, I said, I said it a couple of days ago. I thought it was a game of missed opportunities. I think when you have a defense that you know, whole of offense that he just mentioned that's high power to the field goals, and then they go back and missed those field goals.
Speaker 3: Offensive you gotta get points.
Speaker 4: You gotta do something, you know, when the defense give you the ball back like that, and for us not to get at points, for us to sit there and have the game, have the league all the way up into the fourth quarter, knowing that we in their back we in their backyards, and it's gonna get tougher. They steady trying to get you know, hit you know, hit a home run with that run game, and it just it just wores out, you know, over time.
Speaker 3: I think our defense just couldn't hold on.
Speaker 4: And then, you know, like I said, offensively, we wasn't ourselves and when things kind of got to the point where the defense really needed us, we just wasn't there. So it was missed opportunities offensively. But I think collectively it shows you each and every week, man, that this team is, like they're kind like this close really being being what we want, you know, want want from this team. You know, I see it, but they just haven't you know, got over the hump yet.
Speaker 2: When I look at the two teams we played, though, what wonder they in compared to the wonder we are. Yeah, Like, and that's why when I look at these games, I guess I ain't judging as hard as I could judge, because they are in a Super Bowl. Wonder if they don't do this in the next two three years, they it's not gonna be done. We are just throwing our one though, And I think that's the difference. They are mature, You're like this, they have maturity all around at rosters the youth that Philadelphia has queenam Mitchell cooping Dejen their youth is playing beyond their years. So you know, I just feel like two different windows. But like this, we raised the eyebrow.
Speaker 3: They know we here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're gonna talk about that more specifically for the commanders and kind of compare to Philly in a little bit. And I think that's a good way to get that started. But you know, just in terms of let's just like double click on the defense, I thought they did about as good a job as they could have done. Obviously, there's a couple of plays. It's funny like when you're watching the tape, you know, you're going through the plays, You're like, oh, here's this one exposive play to Sa Kwan. But outside of that, it took so I got to play. I'm trying to remember the exact number, it was like sixty five and then they had the explosives. Then the explosives came in. So like for sixty five plays, you did a great job defensively of bending but not breaking. Like Mike Sanders saw had a great game. I thought Saint Jus did a good job when he was matchup on all with AJ Brown. Davis came in, did a great job. Chalked about Cheny. It's hard to be again for those sixty five players to overstate how well they did, you know, just the way they like, the way they played their zones, where they passed off concepts, the way they fit the runs. Like I thought, it was just really like a great performance. To think about where they were, you know, at the beginning of the season and where they are now.
Speaker 3: It's like a completely different group, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Patience, Like they weren't gonna come in with a new defense and sitting new players and just gonna hit that switch. They needed to mature in this defense and understand what coach with wants and how he wants to do.
Speaker 4: And with that being said, I think that's why you see the kind of you know, Fred said it well last week about these fans being spoiled because what we thought would take time, they came out hitting on all Sylvas and now of fans are like, you know, we can't go backwards and so but what they failed to realize too. You know, as players, we've been here like it doesn't always start and then you just keep going like this, you have a moment where you.
Speaker 3: Found yeah, you got to exit a little bit.
Speaker 4: All right, man, you know we got you know, like like you saw Kent's City this past weekend. You know, like they've been they've been knocking at the door to lose and then they founding loss.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it happens like that in his lead because each and every team is gonna be gunning for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's such a great point. There are, you know, ups and downs to the season. There's ebbs and flows for sure. And again we'll talk about that more specifically in a minute. I just want to touch on the offense before we move on to kind of some of those higher things I think offensively. To me watching it, yeah, it felt a little bit like we I don't say, that's not the way I way to put it. It felt like Jayden wasn't ready And I don't mean this like the coaches didn't getting ready for how good Philly offensive see, and it's like the way they play this kind of like weird quarters match kind of deal. Yeah, and you don't really know like what they're in all the time. And I felt like there was a little bit of hesitation from him. And it wasn't like anything terrible. It's not like he played bad.
Speaker 3: It just wasn't clear.
Speaker 1: It wasn't clear. And then because of that lack of clarity, the rush was really able to get to him. We weren't able to run the football the way we wanted to because again, that defensive line for Philly did a great job. So I think, to me, that's kind of where I fell in. A lot of people are like, oh, he's hurt. I haven't really seen that from him to me, because again, he played well. He played well against the barrass that's right after the injury.
Speaker 2: Could we agree this time of year, all fifty three people, true are hurt. Now we might not be injured. It's a difference, all right, but all of every guy in that locker room right now is hurt. And he just happened to be one of them that the microscope is on. I think it has more to do with the fact that these last couple of weeks he hasn't been able to practice.
Speaker 3: Now he's been able to.
Speaker 1: He brought that up.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The one thing about it is now, yeah, my timing is off on his throat. Yeah, you said you were gonna run that at six, but you running it at five. You lose these nuances when you don't practice, especially quarterback wide receiver. Like this is a time and thing because because we was running these like this in the first couple of week, we switched this up. Now we're not running it like that, So I think miss that valuable practice time.
Speaker 3: I've seen it through.
Speaker 1: No, I think that's a hunt. It's a great point, like obviously like Philly did a great job, but I do think some of the like for example, like some of his rhythm on the throw, some of his footwork. You're just when it's not like at the end of the year, like we said it was impeccable and now it's just a little and it's not bad. I don't want to make it sound like it's just a little off, and I think it does affect his accuracy on throws. It affects because he's not like, uh, you know, I watched a little bit of like Anthony richardson this weekend or Josh Allen. They've got these just ar cannon. Yeah they can like it doesn't matter what my feet are going.
Speaker 3: I'm about to let it loose.
Speaker 1: And that's not really how he's wired. That's really not smooth. Yeah, he's he he needs his lower half in there, and so when it's not timed up, well, I think it affects him. And so I think it's the practice thing is something that we talked about off air last week. It's like, how many throws are you getting in practice?
Speaker 3: He not, He wouldn't get in any Yeah, and so it's like.
Speaker 1: I don't care how good you are, Like you need that timing, You need those reps. You need to understand like what you can and can't do. And I think it's definitely showing up. But I do think that they got a little bit of time off.
Speaker 3: Oh they needed it. They needed it like they needed it.
Speaker 2: This talk about waiting on a bye week, like when you got to wait for a Thursday night to be your short bye week, because your bye week is in deceb That's something different, man, that's.
Speaker 3: With us definitely. I was I was looking forward to let's think about this.
Speaker 2: Think about the rookies on this team. They didn went from their year of college and they first break come in bowl season. Basically, like, that's ridiculous, man.
Speaker 1: It is unbelievable. And I think the other thing too, is like they you know, you get this little time off, everyone's gonna get healthy. But you said this already, Fred, But I can't get over that they played phil They played Pittsburgh very physical group. Then they played Philly very physical group, and like they were all banged up. Like you look, get the old line, those guys are playing hard, but you know why these guys shoulder Holman's got his shoulder Ali ready, you know, got four or five in there, and then be honest, like his whole left side of his body's messed up. You know what I'm saying Like that, it's it's adding up. It's just at the point of the year and people say, oh, like every team, it's it's especially hard on a short week to kind of bounce back. And then we're not making excuses for them, and they're not gonna make excuse.
Speaker 3: This is just the truth. But like this is true.
Speaker 1: That's ten always says like we've played it, we know how our bodies would feel, the time of year, and it doesn't feel great. And so it's I think getting a little bit of break, get a little bit of recharge, it's gonna be gonna be really really important.
Speaker 2: Guy like bet rob in and out of line up rhythm stopped the rhythm of everything that you're doing. He go identity, But no, it ain't your identity because the horse that gives us this identity can't play for two weeks. So it's just one of them things where it's the bumps and bruises storing the add up. And I could see some players slowing down a tad bit and this is why they bow week comes in. Just just get away from it for a second recharge.
Speaker 1: And even this like this ten day period like this is this is there is gonna feel so good. Yeah, just mentally reach och. I think that's the other thing. Physically you're banged up, but mentally the NFL season is so so challenging because it's like each week I got to be at one hundred mentally and physically, and that that wears on you a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's how you lose your hair.
Speaker 1: I mean that happened, yeah recently. That's because I'm working with you though, and so yeah, that kind of leads us really nicely to our next point. So we're gonna kind of do like a final quarter of the season selfie valve, like where's the team at? You know? And so a lot of people say, you know, the offense started hot, it's kind of cooling down a little bit. Let's start with them. I think we've already touched on some of the things. But I look at and I say to myself, like, the reason that's happening is they played two really good football.
Speaker 3: Teams, super Bowl teams.
Speaker 1: Right now, if I was the X one hundred people, I'm sorry, Fred, but think about what Pittsburgh just did to Baltimore.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: Like, No, I watched it there, like, okay, we played commitment and we played the still as better say that and not to say we was there the game in our hands. You know what I'm saying, lost the game the way with this, I'm trust me, bro, Go ahead, Fish, And what did I want to hear?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, did you see what they did to Lamar. Yes, I said that week when we played, and they're like, why they stopped them? Like they played Lamar year, Like, if anybody's capable of stopping this team, specially with that defense that they have instead Pittsburgh team. We just played two teams that legitly like Tom the super Bowl win ahead coach, quarterback Russell Wilson, super Bowl winning quarterback.
Speaker 3: They have a super Bowl defense.
Speaker 2: And you talk about the Ravens, I mean Philadelphia, what's the weakness on their roster?
Speaker 1: Dude, Philly. We said this in the intro right and then in the previous show last week. Definitely definitely the most talented team we've played this year. And what I mean by talented is like to man, look at the corner, look at the safety. Look there's nobody here like that guy.
Speaker 4: It's one thing having a good defense, but then you got the names to go win, and they got there playing up to that.
Speaker 1: You know that status, and it's across both sides of the ball. Like defensively, your like you got Carter first round pick, you got Joan Davis first round pick, you got Nolan Smith first round pick. For the second round pick, and then you go to the two first round picks, and you're just like.
Speaker 2: Not, nobody's even talking about forgotten.
Speaker 1: Me and and uh And obviously Pittsburgh has this reputation of playing great defense. But I actually think right right this second, and again, you know this we just talked about season goes up and down, Philly is and this is not an indictment of Pittsburgh because we're doing a good job. Philly's playing better defensive football. Like they're playing better in the back end. They're more talented in the back end, and they're it's showing up and it's and it's just I think that's important for people to understand, like this, this offense is still good, like when you watch the film, there's still opportunities, there's still things like just the windows in the margin for error when you play good teams.
Speaker 4: It's like that I tell you, like this from what we saw and like we just spoke about two teams that's very physical and it's safe to say that we deal went out there and didn't play our best game. We win, we didn't play our best game and that's why we got.
Speaker 3: Went blow for blow.
Speaker 4: So when when you're when yourself basically I guess when yourself are critiquing yourself throughout the week as a player, and you can go out there and just say, man, here got a hand for the players, where we just clean this up, you know what I mean? Because even with us having those three and outs that we didn't have all year the last three weeks, turnovers, turnovers, not even the turnovers, but we still leading these games in the fourth quarter, basically the game.
Speaker 1: And think about the Pittsburgh game. I think that's a really good in complete passes, drop past drops. So like, even so, you hit that ball to Luke McCaffrey in the Pittsburgh game, probably win the game. Hit the ball to Oz in the third quarter, probably win the game.
Speaker 4: Again, get the right spot, you probably win the game.
Speaker 1: And even on the play before that, they call a draw to Jad and Cosmey doesn't get the quite get there, there's literally nobody else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll be still running.
Speaker 1: He'll running running at least a field goal. Yeah, And so that's great. And then you look at that, like we're watching the film again. The offense struggle a little bit in this game that it's a good defense, but there's opportunities like if they hit this, if they get to this read if they get that there's this stuff there, So I think, like I guess it's.
Speaker 3: Never out of a game with Super Bowl contendent. That tells me.
Speaker 4: That's why I say, I don't even get there. I don't get caught up in the whole win or loss. I want to see our team playing good, meaning football, you know, meaningful football at this time of year. And I think they are doing that. And that's what you can hang your hat on. Despite having all the different aches and you know what I mean, things.
Speaker 3: That starting to show up. That's football, it happens.
Speaker 4: But like you say, this little ten day period should give us a chance to clean some of that stuff up and give us a little boost because you got two more games for a bye.
Speaker 3: It's something. You got these games to look forward to. Get it to that. And like we so beat up a little bit that I kick it was out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like three weeks right, three weeks, two weeks, and let's be honest.
Speaker 2: He's been kicking the wheelson out for let's be honest, like he has before he got injured.
Speaker 3: He was leading the league in made field goals. But it's safe to say his backup is kicking.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying, like the tails you how beat up we are at a certain this point if your kicker is.
Speaker 1: Hurting, No, I think that's a great point. And so I think that that context is important. And again we're not making excuses like they want to win this game. The coach won in this game. We want them to win the game. Fans, you your expectations are how you want them to win them too. But I'm just saying, like, those teams are good teams, and so legit when people say, oh, it is the offense regressing? Is Jaden regressing? When you play good teams, usually you don't play as well, like the.
Speaker 3: Just they don't play as well. It goes back and forth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I think that's some good context there. And then the other thing we talked about this a little bit already is the defense seemed to be kind of flipping the script. You know, they started cool, now that you're yeah, yeah, now they're maturing and what would you credit that to?
Speaker 3: Time together?
Speaker 2: Problem solve And the one thing about defense, we don't know how to correct them until we miss it up.
Speaker 3: We need to mess it up.
Speaker 1: For that's going to be so annoying. You have to be so annoying.
Speaker 2: But you also have to have it in your head that you got us, you won't get us again.
Speaker 3: They're also playing better together to yeah, we have an.
Speaker 2: Answer, Like they're learning how to play off each other, like let's just use like Frankie luvu, he just shot out of cannon. Like, but when you got a player like that, the player that backs him up, figure, I gotta figure out how to play behind.
Speaker 4: Him because it's always gonna bring some take something, take some away.
Speaker 2: So they're learning like this, why you're seeing Frankie shoots this gap and who comes to clean it up?
Speaker 3: Chin? So Chin realizes this dude is one hundred miles pounds.
Speaker 2: I need to make sure I get down here quicker than I used to with the last guy played with. So that's what they're finding out how to do it, especially in the back end.
Speaker 3: They're just doing this.
Speaker 1: They played so well against They just.
Speaker 2: Talking and communicate and they're not letting each other get caught in bad situations. And when you play like that in the defensive back field, we all shine and we all protecting each other.
Speaker 4: Only that they plan, they communicating better, they read each other a lot better. They playing the way Joe Whitt said, they're gonna play. They coming. Oh and it's bad, intense, it's violent, you know what I mean. I mean when you see guys hitting each other and lou Will hit a guy so hard he heard itself. He lay on the ground, but be like, oh, let me, but he doing it hitting, you know what I'm saying. So they're playing physical, and that's the way you want. I mean, you want them to. You want to see your defense playing with that kind of mantra. You know, you want to see them with that kind of you know what I mean, because you want guys to fear them when they want the fee. Well, look at you, I bet not. I better make sure it's clean clib out we'll foward. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so I think a lot of fans would hear that and they say, oh, well, like they're not winning or they gave up whatever, twenty nine points, so they gave up. But it's it's not it's more complicated than that. And I think that's where it's like, you know, when you're not playing good, complimentary football, you give up exposive plays like.
Speaker 3: You can play.
Speaker 1: That's the thing about defense that I find maddening. It takes one guy to make a play, but also takes one guy to straw it up, just blow it up like the like for example, like you know, you play, like I said versus Philly, you played ninety sixty five really good snaps, yeah, consecutively, and you have six bad ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody cares about the sixty five. They care about the one that you got out of your gap and allowed Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 3: To break this run. But I got to report some news to that.
Speaker 4: Was the case of momentum too. We can't stop Saquon. We can slow him down, yeah, contain them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's not one of these guys that you just go out here and say we're gonna take him out of here.
Speaker 3: You heard sa Quan said.
Speaker 4: I think it was vital for what he said of what our defense showed him the whole night. He's like he was a couple of you know, runs away from hitting the big one, but the defense was playing so well. Yeah, they was there, and then that one time when they wasn't there, that's when he hit this.
Speaker 1: When he do it, yeah, and I think, like again, like that's where you know, if we're playing complimentary football, I know this team is is good team. It's a good team, but they're not good enough to win one side of dingle. You know what I'm saying. They're not like the Detroit Lione, not there yet. The offense.
Speaker 4: That was riding for US early, you know, the elementary part of it. You know you got us, I got you, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And so I think like, if if the offense is playing better, they can't get some of those late runs, you know what I mean, and it kind of it, it bounces out. So I do think it's the team is playing better defensively for sure. I think the offensive kind of cooling.
Speaker 2: We'll say, I know that's playing good. Competition, Yeah, competition warrants things to change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think it's important just to give it some context. Again, we want them to win, we want them to play better. All those things are true, but I think that the context there is important.
Speaker 2: They're just like exing me while I was playing smooth. What happened to y'all against the greatest show on turf? The same thing that happened to the other thirty one? Like sometime the other team players get paid to and they especially where you got no weaknesses. Like when you talk about the Great Show on Turf, you'd be like, what a weakness and went to Lando pacing that office a line one damn show when they received.
Speaker 1: It about the running back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, one more fault. Like so it's like one of these things where.
Speaker 1: Oh, Kurt Warner maybe you know he's a Hall of Fame, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: When I look at Philadelphia, when I look at this office, I'm like, oh, we need to play.
Speaker 1: Look look key, the weakest link is uh, your guy Jaalen, Right, I mean, yeah, he's playing.
Speaker 4: He's playing, but you know why he's playing well because the run game he is running more. Now he's a chance to use that, you know, part of his game.
Speaker 3: But you know what's funny about that.
Speaker 4: You know we just spoke about it, and until you hear you can see it, you can actually visualize it. So I so now I understand how some of these fans feel when they're watching our little parts or they listening to us on the radio, because they don't they got to hear it to then go back and say, right, the competition was.
Speaker 3: A lot better than the other guys.
Speaker 4: Because the next day after that game and you got you got a full dose so that that night the next day, if you listen to sports radio up here, if you heard the callers, I mean, you would have thought that the guys on our team hadn't been playing the other weeks.
Speaker 3: You thought we were. The guy was like, I knew it. I knew it. They need an or another noning received without Terry. No, bro, We've been doing it without there all these weeks.
Speaker 4: It's just the competition level has risen, and when it rises, then you have to find other.
Speaker 3: Ways to get things. You know.
Speaker 4: It's a great I mean, I think that's great points from both of you guys, because if you're not thinking about it, you're like, oh yeah, just play two of the best defenses in the b of course you're going to not be the same.
Speaker 1: And we're not being and we're not being hyperbolic like over the last what is it, five weeks now, Philly is the number one defense in the NFL. Okay, Pittsburgh is a top five defense at the beginning of the season. The beginning's like, so it's not like we're just throwing those numbers out there. It's like those are factually supporting. It's not like it's early in the season where they played two games, Like what week is this? It's like, yeah in the Bay, Yeah, we're in it now. So again, like that's so. And the other thing I just wanted to bring this up to is think about your expectations at the beginning of the year, fans, think about it. I had none zero, yeah, right, and then all of a sudden, well coached, well executed, good talent acquisition, get my ticket in New Orleans, right, and they and they punched up. They punched up for sure. And I look at like when I was in San fran in twenty seventeen. Right, they were a good team, but not a great team. And what they go out and do. They added Deebo Samuel, they ended bred A Christian McCaffrey, They added George Kittle, right, and they added some Fred Warner right, Trent went Williams. That's a great point. And so it's a good team. But to get it to be a great team.
Speaker 2: Some players have to mature. Yeah, why you add other players, You're not gonna fix.
Speaker 1: The team to Troit. Yeah, they Dan Campbell came in and they were a good team.
Speaker 4: It's almost like if they don't get to the problems Land it'd be like a waste, but.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like first year. This is what is just the third one?
Speaker 4: It's crazy, you know what's so good about Detroit? And this is something that I think a lot of team's gonna look at because it's this league has got to the point now where you have two good coordinators rather the defense off offense. Somebody want to take them and make them be a head coach. They're not all fit to be head coaches. Let them do what they do best. Yeah, and I'm happy to see Detroit able to keep both of their guys after their you know, extravagant years up last year and say let's run it back and see if you now you can even start. Yeah, it's gonna be hard to keep them now, but now you might have a chance to, you know, hopefully get to the super Bowl. We're not, we're not. We don't want to see him knucker. We won't be trying to get there, you know, the same time. But I'm just saying far as you actually get to say, to see these two coaches flourish at what they do best instead of now taking on a different road being ahead many.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think that's just something to talk about there. And the other thing I thought was interesting is I've been getting this question is like, like how many wins do you think it takes to get washed up? Because I think, because what's the record? Seven four is all right? Seven and four? Yeah, so seven and four? How many more wins they needed to get to the playoffs?
Speaker 4: You know, I look at ladies, and I know Fred gonna have a different He probably have a deeper dive with it. As long as they take care of what they got to take care of our division, then you can worry about all the other wins out there. I'm I'm more so worried about defeating the guys that we that we see twice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you defeat them. You set yourself up to be there. That's why.
Speaker 1: That's why tell us the man he's not gonna play the game. He's not gonna play the game. You gotta be Dallas exactly. You beat the guys that matter.
Speaker 3: You got to finish the season. You want to finish strong.
Speaker 2: Regardless, I happened like some guys gonna draw a line in the saying we gotta get the ten wins. We gotta get to let wins a right, then I must ask you are we fighting for a wild card? You still want to win the division because we still have the ability to win this division.
Speaker 3: Like so they go the.
Speaker 2: Whole thing like trying to say it, let's just control what we can control, and that's just taking it one game at a time, like let's make the Cowboys look like they stadium following apart, Let's make the Cowboys look like they hate their owner. Let's make the Cowboys look like they they quarterback by Cooper Rush?
Speaker 1: Do they need help with that? All those things are true right fall apart.
Speaker 2: Like they emotionally, physically and mentally beat the part.
Speaker 3: You can see it and how they play.
Speaker 2: You can see it in their interviews, like they just they frustrated at a point.
Speaker 3: We've been there. We've been there.
Speaker 4: They at that point to where breaking point, breaking point because you can see the fight in them early and soon as a couple of players, I mean, all right, you know we we are.
Speaker 1: You know we've better. We better part of teams. Plenty of them that right, like, hey, we're in it. And then it's like really and you.
Speaker 4: Got one of some guys fight like you got lending out there because it's everybody.
Speaker 3: I'll be like lend us it on down brou They don't over here.
Speaker 1: So this is a question that I got from a fan, and I think it's an interesting question and I don't really know how to answer this because, like to me, so basically, it's like for this to be a successful season at this point, yeah, do they have to make the playoffs. So so if you would have said, hey, Logan, they're gonna win seven games and Jane Daniel gonna lookretty good, I'd be like, that's a winning seat, Like that's successful.
Speaker 2: We didn't want them saying with six to go, like the start, it's like running track. If I if I'm running against in the one hundred and I look up them first forty yard, fifty yards and get out of there.
Speaker 5: They expected me to finish, finish it like they expected me because guess what, you wasn't expecting me to jump out like that. Now, if we would have jumped out to a slow start, they would have took what's coming.
Speaker 3: But they have been in the playoff wonder since what week five?
Speaker 1: Currently there's seventh in the final Wild Curson with the other teams.
Speaker 3: Being five and five.
Speaker 2: So I'm as a as a person that worked here as a fan.
Speaker 4: Playoffs, Yeah, the boss said to high not even that. I think more so is just finishing strong. You said, you gotta finish strong. You can't look like things falling apart or whining just.
Speaker 3: Getting in there.
Speaker 4: You got to look like the team that Hey, okay, we saw you hit to hit the stride. We saw you regress a little bit when that period of everybody's kind of nicked up. So now that's it, that stride again once you get you know what I mean, I think it's more so just finishing strong, because if you finished strong, then the wins gonna come with it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know what, we're in that window where like we talked about Detroit and Philly and Pittsburgh, there in what we call the super Bowl wonder, we gonna enter the playoff is the team nobody wants to play. We're not the super Bowl favorites. Were gonna come in there as what Detroit was two years ago. Nobody wants to play them, and they probably win a game. Like nobody be shocked that we went into the playoffs and maybe had to play Tampa.
Speaker 3: That you Daniel Jones won a playoff game.
Speaker 4: Think about it and that was what and I'm not saying it's the Dad Joe bias. Remember that team, Remember that team, how they finished that year. They finished battering, bluing people. People was beat up playing against the Giants. And we said all the time, that's one thing about those giants, and if he can ever play well enough, they have something. So when you see that team and you saw how they got in there, that they finished strong and they got into the playoffs and then they had enough going with them they won that first round.
Speaker 3: So I just want to finish strong man.
Speaker 4: I think when you set the bar the way we've said it, Like I said, we came in no expectations, but their play spoke for them. They didn't come out here turping about what they were gonna be. Oh we got this guy, we got Jayden. No, they came out here and say, we're gonna allow Jayden to show us that he's the guy. Yeah, over time, and then when he's the guy, we're gonna put him in there defensively. We want to play like this. A lot of these guys might not be here because if they can't play like this. We saw guys come in and go and then now they started playing and before you know, it was like you're hearing right else clacking you seeing guys want touchdown. So that's set the tone was showing you how they how well they can play as a team.
Speaker 1: That just really nicely to our next segment, which is, you know, like is have we seen the peak of this team? And have we seen kind of the final version like AP's final vision. And to me, the second part of that, no way. And the first part is I'm kind of curious because the NFL season is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but guess what we are ready for because we've been in the locker room. We are mentally prepared for the ups and the down. We knew this season was not finna just the arc was just custantly gonna be here. We knew we was gonna go through some peaks and valleys, and we was ready for them.
Speaker 3: The fan base not.
Speaker 2: So much because they was on this high and this one just no sugar high.
Speaker 3: It was week Got the week Got the week, Like we are.
Speaker 1: Kicking the cat, can't you believe it?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, yeah, but we're gonna have to We're gonna have to come back down at one point.
Speaker 3: And guess what coming back down.
Speaker 2: Guess they give used the ability to do go back up, all right, so they gonna catch the scribe. But I knew we were gonna you just can't play the caliber teams we played and thought you were just gonna make it out of there and you was just gonna be.
Speaker 3: Okay with nothing to say.
Speaker 2: I don't think we peaked because I think we got still got a lot of stuff to show on offense, and I feel like the defense is getting better and better and better.
Speaker 4: I feel like I feel like as well as we played this year, it wasn't we still had to play the perfect game bingo, and not even that because it's nothing perfect, right, But we hadn't seen both seen all all phases show up together. You know. It was games where the offense just looked just defense just hung in there, like, hey man, you gave up a lot. Yeah, but we were doing so well here we was able to kind of like, you know, not not make y'all look like y'all went out there. And it's later a and then now you see a little reverse in that the defense has been has risen their game tremendously.
Speaker 3: Officially, we didn't fall off, No, we just.
Speaker 4: Hadn't played our best game because some of our opponents has been that much better, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, As we haven't better as a fishing you know what I mean? Like I think, I think, I think about the Pittsburgh game, man, and I kicked myself about that game. And again just as a what because there's open people, there's opportunities, and it just we didn't quite hit them. Philly is a little different like divisional tough deal. But like to tell this point, like if we hit four passes and we don't drop two balls, like you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean, it's a different but walking away. But that's but that's why we played the game. That's why we are able to go back to the table and say, man, look that's that's let's take this out of what we've been doing, because right here, this is why we was in the game that we was in last week. This is why when on third down our numbers has dropped tremendously because we're not doing these little things before those on first and second. So that's why, and that's why we played again. That's why we get paid the way we get paid because we're able to go back there and correct those those mistakes.
Speaker 1: And I think another great point there is some of the best learning moment moment to the NFL season coming lost.
Speaker 2: They ain't no some the best, the biggest lesson because I can't learn nothing from the hell Mary, because we know how, we know how maligning that play. I can learn something from me getting beat on the play with neighbors because I got to play him.
Speaker 4: Again, you know how, you know you know how valuable that lesson was of me dropping a pass in a critical situation, because that next time of that critical situation, I don't care what's around me. I'm gonna I'm gonna watch that ball to hit the blade of grass.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I'm gonna make sure I come down with it.
Speaker 4: So that's those lessons are valuable, man, Like you can't you can't get no better for it than.
Speaker 3: Going through it that way.
Speaker 1: You know That's that's real and it's cool hearing that from Like said Tanna, you know, not me. Well, you know you would never admit that. You know, he was the.
Speaker 3: Best co a lot.
Speaker 2: The one thing about playing cornerback is a position of failure. It's kind of like going into the bad box.
Speaker 4: Now I can go three for ten, I told you you had to be the most illness dude that ever play because Fred had been gave up a pass and then you and him running back in the side.
Speaker 3: And you ain't do nothing. Do it again. I'm like this, this gave up, as he told to the fan, like I don't hit hit me out, so I trust me.
Speaker 4: I love the fact that at corner you had to have a mind like him. That's that's like if you had to say cornerback, I want to see him, you had to put a picture of anybody that played the position. I ain't talking about the great I'm talking about who you want to play corner Fred Smoth, No, I don't care, And the same way you don't care when he'll go ahead, but he don't care, bro the dude and then get he gonna come back and make a play. You see what I'm saying. And that's the that's that's who you picture as corners. Corners like, that's why I played the position before I played it at a young age.
Speaker 3: That's the most touch position ever to me.
Speaker 4: And that's why I say those guys, you know, I know we going a little off script, but I'm talking about pay why they're not getting the highest pay because Bro, they got the hardest job.
Speaker 2: They're gonna do what great athletes doing that the one percent, you gotta do what theyre doing going backwards while the we're watches you b flow.
Speaker 1: I think it's because there's a lot of variants in the position.
Speaker 3: Because the scheme you give yourself.
Speaker 1: But uh but yeah, it's that that in like offensive line because you're you're, you're, you're, you're reacting to some of the best athletes.
Speaker 3: We have to react.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so speaking of reacting the best athletes in the world, obviously, I one of the things that I look at with the defense specifically, obviously they haven't the full team hasn't played together, and I think that's a great point, like you know, one side showed up, the other has it. But also I think Marshall Lattimore when he comes back or when he's available, like that's gonna be something that elevates the floor of this defense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know you.
Speaker 2: Ain't a car due but see Santana was a card when we were. It ain't nothing like walking out there in their garage and you know you got them fly mobiles out there, but you just ad they.
Speaker 3: See that one over there you just added.
Speaker 2: Listen, but when you add that over the top vehicle, yes, lord, and you can't wait to drive it.
Speaker 3: And this is what sean, lady boy.
Speaker 2: We just added one of the best cornerbacks in pro football, so I understand why the fans.
Speaker 3: Want to see it.
Speaker 2: But on this one, when it comes to them, soft tissue injuriestry, be careful. If you don't be careful, you won't You won't have it when it really matters.
Speaker 4: Listen to the hamstrings soft tissue King himself, my boy brother, them things made pops. You hit me, I will walk. I walk into the training room pulling. Where I get that from? Nah, them things ain't nothing to mess with.
Speaker 3: That's why.
Speaker 4: That's why I was always big on having somebody to like. Once I learned learned the game, though, once I learned how to how to make sure I don't have to worry about.
Speaker 2: Those because you prehab mode, I started tanning Wing into prehab mode so he didn't have to rehab.
Speaker 3: So you all catch tail.
Speaker 4: If I's not to practice, you know, I would get my would have my guy in my house already waiting for me. Flush them legs out your hot pass IV Hyper bearing machine.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I bro I had chipractice because most of the time, when you pull the hamstrings growing and all hips off, your hips off, and I stay with a hip, I have a shorter leg and folks never knew that.
Speaker 3: I never knew it. And a guy like, don't you have a problem back in your back? I'm like, how you know?
Speaker 4: He said, because your hip is jacked up. And when he pulled that out, I felt like a new man.
Speaker 3: I'm like, damn, I just got taller. They gonna put me down at five other night in the couch. What Draymond, I'm five ten and a half.
Speaker 2: Now, I ain't five ten even, you know what I'm saying. Ain't nothing to mess with them, No, it's not. And you gotta be safe, especially at cornerback because like you just said, going we re reacted, so you make a cut. I ain't gonna know if my my hamscreen good until I make that cut.
Speaker 4: But you know one thing too, just to just to kind of chime in a little bit more and a lot of more what we do defensively, skim schrammatically wise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I can't wait to see him.
Speaker 4: Because he's a guy that had so much pressure on him, and I watched him when when New Orleans defense was really posing, when they had Aaron Glenn over there. You saw the way he played man and man. So just imagine what we'll be able to do with a talant like that when we say, Okay, guess what we need you to shut this side of the field down. We're finna go let these boys go hand over here.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to see that kind of you know, that side of our defense because I know we have the coaches, coach that's gonna dit it up.
Speaker 2: Coach with is finna have a field day, because you gotta realized he kind of been ham scrung on what he can and what he can't run because of the situation in the back end. And for somebody to say, I'm here for the rescue, and not only can I rescue, I'm gonna play top notch bottle.
Speaker 4: As a fan, if you're watching this game, watching us play weekend and week out, and you want to have a reason to give Joe Witt Jr. His flowers, just watch how better our cornerbacks has been playing Saint Juice. I mean, I know, people going to say what they want to say about Saint Juwics. But when you look at his numbers, pff numbers, you know besides those one or two past year that he might p I or gave up man playing lights out, So you have to give all those guys their credit. And was incredible, and Brown Santa still came off the bus playing like he's been playing.
Speaker 2: And this when you get a force multiplier like Marshall and Lantimore, that makes shandystry a.
Speaker 4: Job a lot easy watch how much better Forest be because now you got a guy you really can learn from, like you can really say, man, this is what I guarantee you a lot of more as being a well savvy vet that he is in this game, he gonna look at Forbes one day, one or two days in press say okay, this is what you can do.
Speaker 3: Not do this every time, and do it at a high level.
Speaker 4: And we know what that does to a young guy who listened to a guy who's a veteran who played the game at a high level, who's a pro bowler.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do what he's saying because he knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. And so obviously, we don't know if he's gonna play this week. I'm still kind of waiting to hear on that figures crossed.
Speaker 3: Lord for Cooper Rush.
Speaker 1: But we got Dallas sweet, Dallas sweet, and it's.
Speaker 3: Like the perfect to get Dallas while they in turn all and we're.
Speaker 4: Coming out for short you know, loves company, So we we we were licking our wounds.
Speaker 3: They're looking there too, you know. And their wounds a little different than ours. You know, they kind of bleeding to their losses and loss they all feel the same. They all feel the same. But you know what, it's been a long time going into Dallas. You gotta like to kick somebody when they're down. You cant enjoy, you want to.
Speaker 2: Because I got my cowboy fans.
Speaker 4: That's why I can tell you, boy.
Speaker 3: I hate to see. We ain't taking no mercy. We are not going to come in here and let them say. You know what, I understand y'all going through a lot. We don't care.
Speaker 4: This is this is a time where as a team, whatever you working on. And I'm not saying that you can't take these guys like that. Like I said, this is our division. So one thing about Indivision they're gonna play you the tough and it's Dallas. Yeah, you know what I mean. They got a lot of pride and they know Joe Witt and Quinn, so they gonna come in with their hair on fire trying to prove a point. But this is a time for us collectively to say, this is when we go play our best game. This is where we go get back into what we're trying to be as a team and go hit on all cylinders. And that's what I want to see from my guys, offensively, defensively, special teams. This is this should be that game where we set and say, screw what they're got going on over there. I don't care about their TOMO. We got to go out here and get better and this this is what we get back into the thicke of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's talk about their offense little bit. Obviously, Cooper Rush is playing, and uh, Cooper Rush, I think does dorees A does a fine job. I don't know what to say. That's true though, listen to me. So just something that I wanted to point out before we get into bashing Cooper Rush.
Speaker 3: I'm not bashing Cooper Rush. You said I did the same thing to Daniel Jones. Not look at him what you said. But the beat ain't gonna look no better than Daniel. I'm sorry, bro.
Speaker 4: Like, first of all, I'm gonna make him pay for every dollar I gave him.
Speaker 3: He playing. If I'm of.
Speaker 4: The guys over there with the Giants front office, Dandy Jones is playing, I don't care how many.
Speaker 3: Step they don't want to get hurt.
Speaker 1: That is guaranteed.
Speaker 4: Oh so that's what it is.
Speaker 1: It's it's not it's not a coincidence. The third string quarterbacks playing there. They're making they're making a shrog push here for the.
Speaker 3: For the first pick. They won't because they just skipped.
Speaker 2: You've been a second street quarterback.
Speaker 4: So so so you think they So what quarterback you think they want?
Speaker 3: Far as the draft, anybody not named Daniel, I think they won't. Cam Ward, cam the Star, they won't. Should do it now.
Speaker 2: I don't think you do it. It's perfect for that New York stadium. I think cam when when is that win? Ain't gonna be good for him? But I think they they're in the cam Ward sweep stakes right now.
Speaker 3: I think that's where they at.
Speaker 1: We'll see. I mean, I do a little bit of draft.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna love it. Might shock everybody. Travel Hunter might go out there and be first taking overall man.
Speaker 2: But if you got the picky, you know that first quarterback be trained down one two picks.
Speaker 1: But I think the thing that I've again drafted a long time away. Yeah, make sure you check out taken to the draft when draft season comes up.
Speaker 3: Button. Yeah, it's gonna be my show.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's Fred does a great job on it.
Speaker 2: If I'm the Giants, I get on the phone with New England Patriots, m hm, and I want Joe Nelson.
Speaker 1: Joe, but can be your starting quarterback? Man.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm col I'm bueling from scratch alright, Joe Bilder got some talent, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he can't see the field very We're getting a little. We're getting at We're so it's sorry.
Speaker 3: Right back to the Cowboys rush. We owe him.
Speaker 4: We owe him because I remember two three years ago I went to that stadium and pulling the show on us made it look bad.
Speaker 2: Let's make Cooper look like Cooper. Yeah, let's make Cooper. Let's make Cowboys look like the cowboy. Let's show no mercy like let's show no mercy on their fans. Let's show no mercy on their team. Like, let's let's let's bring it down. Let's bring that the gutlet down on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so let's talk about Miche McCarthy's offense a little bit. It's not overly it doesn't seem to be overly dynamic at the moment. They're not running the ball super well, kind of stagnant pictures. They do a good job of moving Ceede Lamb around the formation, but like I wouldn't like to watch their explosive play cut up. It's not like they're like scheming you up off a play action and here's this guy and not moving people. It's like, oh, let's run verts. So here's Ceedee Lamb on the backside and you're pressing them. We're gonna run a go, let's se it. So I think as long as you kind of be smart defensively, you know, not overly aggressive, understanding the situation, understanding the tendencies, I don't think Cooper Rush can like kill you. I mean can He's an NFL quarter quarterback.
Speaker 3: He ain't gonna be a cushion full quarter three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then and then Also they're off the line. Beat the hell up. I mean, guy, the guy was dropping the other night. So just knowing what we're gonna do upfront is going to be, you know, one of those things that you got to look at because.
Speaker 3: Will you have time to do all that stuff?
Speaker 4: Will they change their game plan knowing what they're gonna get from us defensively up front? You know, getting the ball in his hands, a little quicker, doing some things that they haven't done. They're gonna switch it up because they can't show nothing that.
Speaker 3: The stuff we saw Monday night.
Speaker 4: They don't want to come in the game playing with him dropping back five step drop reds because that's going it's gonna be alone with But they know nothing there.
Speaker 1: What they care? What the problem is? Like he even said they can't run the ball. Yeah, yeah, they carry the ball. I think that's the issue. It's like he go down.
Speaker 3: I think you could one dimension.
Speaker 1: It's like you could insulate him. I think if you could run the ball a little bit, because I do think he makes good decisions. I think you can make throws and they could do some stuff like that.
Speaker 3: He's a pro quarterback.
Speaker 1: But the problem is is, well he has to.
Speaker 2: Carry you ain't what he is.
Speaker 3: That ain't what it is.
Speaker 2: And then you got Rico Dowdy who can't really run between the tackles. He likes to get on our side. And Zeke tie you three years ago, didn't tail nobody.
Speaker 1: He told somebody listen, is.
Speaker 3: He looked good? Lass?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: He got there with a nighbor ring listen looking look in the miss Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know you have his shirt and tucked up.
Speaker 2: I think he got I'm telling you right now it's looking up, miss.
Speaker 1: So and I already talked about. Their offensive line is banged up. You know, Zach Martin is a Hall of Fame player, but he's on definitely the downslope of his career. You know, Cooper BB's playing well, but he's a rookie center. Tyler Smith is probably the best player on the offensive line. Young, explosive. You can see him moving people off the ball.
Speaker 3: In past Brow not getting a lot of playing time.
Speaker 1: Guyden is not playing great again. He was raw coming. Alcaholma still needs some developmental runaway. And Terrence Steele is a little bit nicked up. He's kind of always negotiating that knee injury at a couple of years ago. So they're okay, but think about that, that for a long time was the absolute backbone of that.
Speaker 2: It was the offensive has always been when they're great, that office is great.
Speaker 1: And so they that group's not quite what they've been, but again, like they do have offensive playmakers, and I think that's the thing that's hard to negotiate here is like when you watch like what's his name Tolbert last night, it takes a slant.
Speaker 3: And takes it out. He got one Kyle back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sixty yards for a touchdown. Like all like they and then obviously Lamb very probably a top five receiver still I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 3: I mean right now teammate playing well.
Speaker 2: That but they probably got the best kicking, I give him it. They probably got the best kicker in the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then Luke Schoonmaker's doing a great job for them and the tight end and again like his ability to kind of like win one on one matchups. Like, so they have pieces so they can't hurt you, but you got to just play consistent football. And I feel really good about the defense right now. The Commanders, because they've been playing really consistent football, have stopped the run well and They've been really disciplined in their pass coverages, right, And when you're playing a team that's not overly complicated, it makes it you can.
Speaker 3: Simplified what they want dimensional.
Speaker 4: So when they being that there there one dimensional, it's hard for them to even establish something good or sustainable because of if you can't be able to say, Okay, I'm I'm gonna put in somebody gut right now, I got to keep dropping back the past. Before you know it, we're gonna cover. And then who you're gonna throw the ball to? You ain't because you ain't doing nothing else, you know, check down to the Russian sacks. So that's what I'm seeing. I'm seeing a team that's they can't run the ball, and they just drop him back at nause him and the quarterback game is behind. He gonna be, he gonna be with He's gonna be with Deck And I don't want to say that.
Speaker 3: Head coach Trevor Lawrence, I tell you I had a little sixth sense about it. You mean you mean Lanea. I knew. I knew he's gonna.
Speaker 2: Play guaranteed to have a package because he's gonna play. I watched Mike McCarty coach McCarty talk after the game and he said, if I forget one grid in his loss, and that was not getting Trey Lance in his game. So why not come with that, especially if it's rent zone. Yeah, especially if it's third and short. And we just said they ain't got no running game. What's the best thing in the best thing a quarterback that can run.
Speaker 4: You saw how you saw how Pitt use your boys fields when the field.
Speaker 3: Man Field might be a running back.
Speaker 4: About how you turned that you got in the game and for those run plays, I'm like, man Field, you might need to you know, no, he might need to change position.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say at that court.
Speaker 4: I know he's gonna say. I'm just saying, but I look at it like that with Trey Lance, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It was like take some health. I think that would be a great uation, like find ways to get like those you.
Speaker 4: Could taste the hills phenomenal his road. Yeah, Like when you come in to Marrion, Mann.
Speaker 2: Can never like it's teen against eleven on defense, it's only eleven against the level When the quarterback store at the run window team ain't got When have his team stopped putting the best eleven on the field.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, think about it, Like he might not be your starring quarterback, but if I can use him, give him a package or two where he's in there with Russ and now have the defense, you know.
Speaker 2: He's your answer to we can't run about with the running backs we got, Yeah, we can't run with him.
Speaker 3: We got running with him.
Speaker 1: So yeah, maybe Trey Lance is the guy that Dallas brings in. Have a package and that would be better.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But again, like it's it's the old line struggling.
Speaker 4: There's just yeah, because he's gonna throw it up for real, he gonna We're gonna have a couple of picks of v in there throwing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. So let's talk about the defense. And I think the defense is a different it's a different problem, yeah, because they actually have some people that can play good football.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 4: But I think when you look at what they're they're dealing with the year to do. They had thirty first in run stop and so guess what.
Speaker 1: I think they're even worse than that.
Speaker 4: B Rof and I had that that that chance script type bucket real tight.
Speaker 3: This we can said it was three touchdowns that I think, I.
Speaker 4: Think exactly, But I'm just saying we we can basically go out there and to say, man, it's gonna be one of those down here.
Speaker 3: You're don't run this ball all day until they quit. You know.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you brought that up Town because one of the things I think that's been tough for this team the last couple of weeks against the Steelers against Philly is one of the things that was such a deff future of the offense was first and second down running run rock and they haven't been able to do that, and so that puts more pressure on Jane Daniels, it puts more pressu on the on line in pass pro, but against this team, I wish I could look up the statistic. Maybe Caroline can help me out with us. I think they're thirty second in Russia's scene and they're thirty second in Russia's rush yarded.
Speaker 3: So they lost one from the other day then I think.
Speaker 1: So I think everyone's just like run the ball like women and they can't stop it.
Speaker 3: And they can't. But guess what.
Speaker 2: Also, the brain child that we had here with coach Quinn coach winning the rest of these quarterback I mean coaching that came from Dallas. They know everybody on this roster strengths, and they know Michael Parson's weakenses.
Speaker 3: They know they know these guys in and out, they.
Speaker 2: Know how teams attacked them when they were coaching these guys, and they know, oh right, this is how you to me. If I got Michael Parson first and second down, he gonna have to scrap his chance, scrap up because I'm giving him a big.
Speaker 3: Dose of b rob. So when it get the third down and it's time for you.
Speaker 1: To pass, right, ye, you ain't there yet?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, I'm sure he ain't gonna be tired though. That dude man, he got a motive.
Speaker 1: An animal.
Speaker 3: I have seen him being wolded. I have seen him. He can't do it all by hisself.
Speaker 4: He can't do it all by stuff, and I think that's one of the things that's missing too. On that defensive front, they had another guy, Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Another guy he's a pass rush but but.
Speaker 4: He's he hasn't been there, so it's like it's been all on it's all on parts do everything. He stopped to run and passed, and then they wanted them. There the better linebackers. He went out the game last week, I mean last night to Over fourteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Over has had a year. Yeah, like to be a rookie. He ain't played like no rookie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been playing.
Speaker 1: They are talented. I think you know, Zimmer's obviously defensive coordinator. I always thought it was like a quarters kind of exotic third down pressure guy.
Speaker 2: But he didn't see them defense in his hardcore way of doing stuff fitting with this group.
Speaker 1: With that Dalla, it doesn't show up, it doesn't show up. They do some stuff on third down, that's the sting. They play a lot more cover three than I thought they would do. So again, like they're just they're a good group. Obviously, I'll say they're a good group, but they're not like the groups we've seen the past couple.
Speaker 3: No, No, they're not.
Speaker 1: And so I think if we can come out run the football maintained possessions. I'm again, I'm not Cooper Rushes, an NFL quarterback, definitely, but I don't think they can run the football affect them, and I think.
Speaker 3: I think they got holes in their team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great way to put it. They're not a perfect team and not a perfect.
Speaker 3: Roster then they and I think also too.
Speaker 4: With that being said, this is the game where a team like that comes out there and say, we're gonna all the stops. You know, it don't matter what we're gonna, We're gonna let it.
Speaker 3: They got the reverse the trick play.
Speaker 4: You saw last night. They went out there, they almost they had a trick. They had a fake punt, you know what I mean, better believe you know what I mean, They're gonna come out here and say, look, we're gonna let it all hang out, because we had enough to really.
Speaker 2: You know, I can see them trying to go back and redo that that fake punt that Pittsburgh missed.
Speaker 4: I could see the field.
Speaker 2: I can see them most definitely digging into the bag of trick.
Speaker 4: Could they know they actually were having that returner that they have, he's so dynamic find a way.
Speaker 3: But they can't line up just man for man and beat us.
Speaker 2: And they know that, so they're gonna have to be forced to pull out some of their trickery, their tomfoolery.
Speaker 1: So tell you all right, rushing yards per game, the thirty first time of possession per game, they're twenty ninth points points against per game, thirty first forty yards against per game, twenty seventh.
Speaker 3: Got everything they deserve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're obviously I think they've got some talented pieces, but they can't shop the run.
Speaker 3: Everything they deserve.
Speaker 4: That cousin boy, how you getting everything he deserves?
Speaker 3: The cowboys, listen to me.
Speaker 2: Every thing that they're getting right now, they deserve it plus ten.
Speaker 4: I always said that nobody's gonna feel sorry for you.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna feel sorry for you. Looking at the game last night, this billion dollar playpen.
Speaker 2: They didn't talked about our trap house over there, talk about our stuff. They got shieldver, sink, shingles, rum down there, and they were like, we probably can't play the game. Why got the stadium fall the party? Did you know they were they were about to call the game?
Speaker 3: Did you know that? No?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 4: Oh we did see something felt from the sky, But you got to think to it. This had the little boxing match there a couple of days ago, so probably was still stuff.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: They tried to open the roof for something out and it fell out. So then the Riverees got together, they like, if they don't go up there and fix it, we probably can't play this game.
Speaker 1: Imagine if something fell during the game. Did you imagine how crazy that would be?
Speaker 3: Oh be at.
Speaker 2: Homes and just like this said, they deserve everything that happens to the hill.
Speaker 3: Right now, they told you the sun hitting in the hill through the one day.
Speaker 4: Anyway, the first thing they showed with the boxing match, they showed the boy. They showed the blinds, and they were like, see he put the blinds up for the boxing game.
Speaker 3: Well how about he.
Speaker 5: Said that the sealing a piece of stuff and put it over the wonder that fell in the stadium.
Speaker 1: So obviously I think we feel pretty good about this matchup. But I will say this, it is a divisional game team and one of the things that Dan is in a great job every single week is being about that week.
Speaker 3: You guys.
Speaker 1: And so I just want to see the best version of this team this week against the Cowboys. Get out of here with a win. Let's stop all this talk about, you know, regressions, and let's get.
Speaker 3: Back on the good foot.
Speaker 4: It's a division opponent, so I want to see us get back into that winning, winning mode, you know, offensively, defensive, best team playing a kind of football.
Speaker 1: We can play hundred percent. All right, now sign for hell yeah or hell no?
Speaker 2: No, no, dude, you guys you know they called me to feels brother Lutheran stop.
Speaker 1: All right, So number one defense holds the Cowboys to under three hundred total yards.
Speaker 3: Show us his name Cooper Rush. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: They can't run the football and he's got to win the game from the pocket. I don't love that. Yes, hell yes, so I think, hell yeah, all right, next one, Jane Daniels has three plus touchdown passes. Passes.
Speaker 3: Now, oh three passes. I said, hell no, I gotta, I gotta, I gott I say, he gets me get two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's.
Speaker 3: Time for him the clips. I think, yeah, both Nick's been throwing that we're gonna run the ball and he were gonna run the hell out of the ball.
Speaker 2: But then also tells me in the red zone we're gonna play action it like you know, depending right, I can see I'm gonna go kill yes, because I know he wants to three plus plus If you're never gonna do it on das.
Speaker 3: This is the time. Listen back to this, loving.
Speaker 2: This Trayvon Diggs is out there playing with a hole in his cave.
Speaker 3: You ain't know that no, yes, and the last time I check yes, I'm going on. Yeah. He has a hole in his game and he's playing through it.
Speaker 1: A nice pick versus Philip.
Speaker 2: I say, you run behind it us, ain't Terry, and you got a hold in your tie.
Speaker 3: It's a chance he can go back.
Speaker 2: No, he has a tear, yeah in his came.
Speaker 3: In his case. That's terrible, and Terry go say hell yeah, I'm gonna stay. Hell Now, I'm gonna go. Heay too, I think, at least too.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna say hell now. I think I think. I think he'll have three total touchdowns, but I don't think it'll be passive.
Speaker 2: I think we need to go back and look at these U prior hell yeahs and hell now to keep real school.
Speaker 3: I've been on I've been on point. I've been watching, have you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it.
Speaker 3: A pair of lips like you always all.
Speaker 1: Right, commanders control the game flow, thirty plus rushing attempts, Hell yeah, hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're going to run it down their throat. All right, everybody get a little piece of that little b Rob, little Echolert, Jayden, all three of those guys.
Speaker 1: I think so I think, uh again, Like I think they're gonna get first downs. I think they're gonna be able to rush the ball a ton again. When you can't stop the running running the football, like Tennis said, you can't. You can't run the football and you can't stop the run, it's a bad formula.
Speaker 3: You can't stop anybody for the zest. Yeah, yes, it is all right.
Speaker 1: So I feel pretty good about that. I think that was a good show. Guys, got a lot of groundcovered there. That's gonna do it a couple of yeah, a couple of times. I can scraped podcast. If you like that, please give a comment tell us like it or not. So that's gonna do for today show. Please make sure you like to subscribe wherever you get your podcast. If you want to watch us on YouTube, you can definitely do that. But in the meantime, that's it.