Speaker 1: Mom transmitting Aliza, what's up?
Speaker 2: Friends, Welcome to Friday Show Morning Studio.
Speaker 3: MONI all right, here's the GTK, they get to know you question of the day. It doesn't matter what it is. It can be a book, a newspaper, it can be a tweet. It's the best thing you've read in the last few years.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Not everybody's a book reader, and I definitely go through stages where I read a lot more than I don't, but I would go first to give you guys time to think.
Speaker 2: This was a long book.
Speaker 3: But I and my family deals with a lot of addiction, had a lot of death from addiction, trying to understand addiction. And I read read this book by gbor Mate and it's called in the Realm of Hungry Ghosts and what he did. What he did he worked at a free clinic in Canada that was a doctor just working with addicts. And one of those where you just like feel differently about life a little bit after you read it, Like that's a nonfiction. It's a big, heavy read. I didn't read it for fun. It wasn't like I can't wait to read it more addiction, But that was probably the best thing I've read in the last few years called In the Realm of Hungary Ghosts.
Speaker 2: A therapist actually recommended it to me.
Speaker 3: And I've also started to read a little bit of fiction which I never did.
Speaker 2: You read for fun and Changang All Stars was awesome.
Speaker 3: The Daily STI looks awesome too, but those are That's mine the best thing I've read.
Speaker 2: Eddie, I don't really read.
Speaker 4: So the last thing I did read was Green Lights by Matthew McConaughey. That was four years ago. Just made the cutoff. Ah, yeah, barely made it. And I loved it because I love Matthe McConaughey. I think he's a great like just character of a person. And in this book it just tells the start of how he grew up, how he made it into Hollywood, the ups and downs in Hollywood, and then just these crazy like trips he would go on.
Speaker 2: Was this book proven to be a little bit hyperbolic?
Speaker 4: I think there were certain stories that were probably exaggerated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Bellish made up a little bit, yes, but he says they're all true. But you know, who knows because some of them are like wild, right, do wild? Like I'll give you, I'll give you one.
Speaker 4: I won't tell you exactly what happens, but he goes into a village so in Africa, and he gets invited by these villagers and they're like, to prove your stay, you've got to fight the strongest man in the village.
Speaker 2: What and he fights the strongest Do you believe that? No, No, you can't prove it's not true.
Speaker 5: Well I believe maybe he fought him. But what McConaughey says says happened. I'm like, oh, come on, but you don't believe that happened. Where they said you need to fight the guy.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if he went to a village and like stayed there.
Speaker 2: If it's true. No, but here's the story.
Speaker 5: Now, him and that guy from that village they go on vacations together.
Speaker 2: Oh he did. He says that I forgot that, and I'm like, come on.
Speaker 6: Man, at least I wanted to be true because it's a memoir.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I never read it because I had people saying it's not all the way true. So I was like, eh, I felt pray once to James Frey the Million Little Secrets, a million little Piece, mile Pieces, and I read I was like, because he was a guy who was an addict and had you know, part of was like going to the dentist but he wouldnt take drug. You turned, that was all made. I was like, I'm never reading me more than I'm not like that. Anybody is not going that's not true, dude.
Speaker 7: That's amazing. He could make that up. That's a pretty good writer though.
Speaker 2: That's what writers do. Yeah, good imaginations, but it may have all been true, so you know, okay, your deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mine's in the therapy space too, and its body keeps the score. I listened to it on audio. I also have the actual book, but it's very scientific, so that's why it's helpful for me to listen to it sometimes and even read along. But just very helpful in understanding any stress or trauma in our brains from just understanding what people have gone through and then your own stress and trauma. And for my adopted kids, was helpful for me to understand what's going on with their brain and that what it can do to our bodies, the traumatic stress, and if we don't deal with it, that it'll start we'll have different ailments.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just very fascinating. The research that was done, and I highly recommend it.
Speaker 2: Have you read it more than once?
Speaker 1: I've listened to it and have the book yeah, I mean, and I go back to it at different times because it was recommended to me by one of my kids therapists, and then just a lot that I was experienced at the time because he does different studies with veterans and alcoholics and other people that experienced trauma. But then once they got the right therapies and they were able to rewire their brain, like they could see again or walk again, like crazy things of how your body keeps the square.
Speaker 2: Read the book I got one eye don't work.
Speaker 6: Oh I thought you had read it? Have you not?
Speaker 3: You should?
Speaker 6: You would like it.
Speaker 2: I was too busy reading Changing All Stars, Lunchbox.
Speaker 5: Open the autobiography of Andrea Agascy.
Speaker 7: It's really good.
Speaker 2: You going on to any villages and find anybody.
Speaker 7: I doesn't go to any villas, but he does.
Speaker 5: I mean, he tells you all about his partying days, partying days, and about how he hated tennis and his dad like was just a oh wow, rough dude, like out there practicing every day hours, But Dad, I don't want to play anymore.
Speaker 7: Get out there and get out there.
Speaker 2: It's too bad.
Speaker 7: But yeah, that was a pretty good book.
Speaker 4: Was very He's open because like he's just he was an open book in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a tennis opened probably open book. Probably play on all those words. Yeah, yeah, all right, that's what's up. That's get to know you. Thank you guys for being here. Let's open up the mail bag.
Speaker 7: Do you send them a game mail?
Speaker 1: And he's reading all the air pick something we call Bobby's mail dag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hello, Bobby Bones. I've been working long hours of my job for the past few months. I got to meet a crucial deadline. My wife and kids are feeling neglected. They keep mentioning how much they miss me. I feel guilty, but also know this project is very important. How can I make them understand that I'm working long hours for them? Any tips on managing this delicate situation? Signed hard working husband. Yes, there are tips to this. I can give you tips to this as someone who sometimes allows themselves to be swallowed by work.
Speaker 2: Uh, sometimes I need to be reminded. Sounds like you've been reminded.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they reminded, Hey, I haven't seen you in like a few days, what's up?
Speaker 2: And I'm like Oh, you're right. Sorry, Like we've seen each other, but.
Speaker 3: I I'm just always focused on something else.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: And then what I try to do is be extremely deliberate about going.
Speaker 2: I know I've not been the best.
Speaker 3: This is why, but I don't even say make it up to you. Where I would like to do my job as a partner or a dad is these days here. This is what I have planned. This is the time I'm going to dedicate to you. And this has been very hard for all of us. I'm very sorry about that. I feel like I need to do this because we got to keep the bills paid. But I can guarantee you after this date and these specific times that I'm gonna commit to you, I'm gonna I'm gonna make sure that you don't feel this way anymore. I don't know that there's an apology needed. I think that sets a bad precedent unless you've promised something and gone back on it. But it's I I now realize I did this. This is why I'm doing it because you're not sorry. Maybe you're sorry for how they feel and neglected. That sucks, But in order to make you not feel this way and help you and help me. I have dedicated this time in this space to this, and I think that helps a lot. And it's also a conversation that you understand now that they feel neglected by you.
Speaker 2: But unless sad. This my personal experience, like you've had this happen many times where I will go I'll turn my computer on a don't know, three thirty and I'll be working on something or writing or in the back studio and I'll see my wife in passing a few times and she's like, man, we even we haven't done anything in three days, like we've spent any time together.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, really, because I'm just busy. I'm not thinking about things that haven't done. I'm like, I got to get to the next thing. So but then I go, okay, boom, sorry, I now realize that and understand that here's what we're gonna do, and here's how I'm going to try to make this different and make you feel different.
Speaker 2: That's what i'd say do.
Speaker 4: And for kids usually what I say is like, oh, you're Nintendo.
Speaker 2: You like that. You know how you pay for that?
Speaker 4: For Daddy goes to work and daddy makes money into ding ding.
Speaker 2: That's how that works. I'm not there yet. I felt that. Yeah, man, you gotta speak to speaking their language.
Speaker 6: You don't have that problem. You spend an hour a day with each of your kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but some days some days I'm not there an hour and a half. Right, yeah, you give them an inch. They want to yard.
Speaker 2: Interesting, you got it.
Speaker 3: Be deliberate about how you're going to also invest in the relationship as well. Just communicate that and say, oh, thanks for letting me know, but this is why I'm doing it because you like that Nintendo.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, I don't want to do that like that. All right, close it up. We got your gamemail and we read in on you. Now find the closed Bobby fail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's now time for fun Fat Friday.
Speaker 2: Let's go around the room. Bring up a fun fact that sparks conversation. Amy.
Speaker 1: Polar bear fur is actually clear and their skin is jet black. We see because it's reflecting light and it's an loose like that's what we see.
Speaker 6: But then there's nothing white about them.
Speaker 2: What that can't be true. So if they were like in the forest, they would be green. So they're first basically a green screen. They're white only because of.
Speaker 1: The snow says, the polar bears fur is translucent. Their skin is black, and it only appears white because it reflects visible light.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, man, Dang, my brain can't even comprehend what happening. That's crazy because every polar bear is white.
Speaker 5: To me, Okay, lunchbox, this one goes out to Amy and anyone else in her shoes.
Speaker 7: Good news.
Speaker 5: Women who get divorced, they get remarried after an average of three point one years. Men take a little bit longer, getting married after about three point three years.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 2: Why do you think it takes men longer?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 5: Because they're not ready to jump back in the saddle, you know what I mean. They're ready to play the field a little bit. Women are like they're nervous that like it's over. Oh my god, I got to find the first thing that comes along with the.
Speaker 1: Boom I've got in my situation. My ex husband gets ready first.
Speaker 2: Well, not all, not all, just the average. And you think about white what the boom is with women?
Speaker 5: Like women, they usually when you get divorced, you're a little bit older, you're not young, and so you're like, oh man, my clock is like my good looks like are fading like, I don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: Gotta latch onto something quick, latch on, Yeah, before they get so ugly.
Speaker 7: So ugly that they're just gonna be single the rest of their life. Got it?
Speaker 6: And next week is beautiful.
Speaker 7: Next week, Amy, I'll bring a fun fact. That's not gonna be so fun for you, though, But.
Speaker 2: That was fun for her.
Speaker 7: That was fun because she's gonna get married on two point.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. So next week you have one not way less fun than that?
Speaker 6: Yes, why does he already have? Could you say it now?
Speaker 7: Nope? Nope, Ahead, you gotta tune in next week, all right, Eddie, go ahead?
Speaker 4: Did you know that they used to answer the phone by saying that when alex When Alexander Graham Velle invented the telephone, he suggested, when you pick up the phone, you say, And then Thomas Edison came later and said, that's stupid, let's just say hello, So then he started.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 3: How do you answer your cell phone if I call and you know who it is. If it's me calling, Amy, go hey, okay, Eddie yo, What if it's an unknown number?
Speaker 2: How do you answer it?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm gonna start doing That's how you should do it.
Speaker 6: If it's if it's unknown, no, no, and I don't know, I just pick up listen, I say anything.
Speaker 2: Oh, mine is Marvin Gaye's real last name was. Do you want to know it's not gay? Why did you pick gay? Interesting? It is gay, but it was gay without the E at the end. It's spelled g A y e Marvin Gaye, but his original it's just gay. And so people were questioning, do you like mino women? So we put the E on there so people wouldn't just go like, Marvin's gay. That's crazy. Wow, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I go to Marvin's happy well because his last name was gay, I know, but gay means happy.
Speaker 2: That's true. You got me on that one. It did, especially back in the day, back when they said.
Speaker 3: Toronto and Montreal are both farther south than Seattle. Oh yeah, those two Canadian cities are both farther south than Seattle.
Speaker 4: I saw one too that said like, if you drive south in some part of Michigan or something, you end up in Canada.
Speaker 3: Right moondow you want anoaloge us. I mean, I'm guessing it's over there by Detroit. Well, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's for sure, I thought, but that's.
Speaker 2: Where you're from. Yeah, because Canada is kind of below Michigan in a way. It's right there. I mean there they touch each other.
Speaker 7: That's weird.
Speaker 6: It was just not a straight line, right.
Speaker 2: So part of Canada goes under Michigan. Telling me, every border isn't at.
Speaker 1: It's time for the good news. So Sergeant Eva Robbie, she is in the National Guard and serving a tour in Kosovo around the time that her son is graduating from college. And this is all very recently, but she had to plan ahead. She had to get approval to get leave and then fly. So she reached out to the university University of West Georgia and said, hey, here's my plan. I want to surprise my son when he's walking across the stage. And so the fact that everybody went above and beyond to make this happen and she was able to surprise her son, Malik heard when he graduated is super special and here's the club.
Speaker 3: So that one word taking him completely by surprise coast of.
Speaker 2: Her coast of a that's what like, I was missing to what he was saying.
Speaker 3: But then I coast of a and I knew this, so she was deployed, and so I like, hold on my heart job one hundred percent. That's the percentage of times that I watched these videos of soldiers coming home and surprising, I'm like, hundred percent happens every time.
Speaker 2: And also I'd be terrible keeping that secret. If I were the person coming back, I would just want I would just want to like spill it.
Speaker 6: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I would just want to be like I'm coming home, or I'd forget to turn off my find Me app on Apple. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a great story. That is what it's all about.
Speaker 7: That was tell me something good.
Speaker 2: It's not Freeze Easy.
Speaker 3: Trivia the easiest trivia game ever. Nobody goes home. Holidates Amy on what date is Valentine's Day?
Speaker 6: February fourteen?
Speaker 7: Correct?
Speaker 2: Amy's are returning champions. She has a tra on lunchbox on what date is Christmas?
Speaker 7: December twenty fifth? Correct?
Speaker 2: Eddie? What date is Independence Day? July fourth?
Speaker 7: Correct?
Speaker 2: Morgan? What date is Halloween?
Speaker 6: October thirty?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 3: Good, You're all still here. Nobody goes home first round. This is the easiest trivia game ever. See how long you can last. If you do miss it, though, you'll hear this sound.
Speaker 2: You've been boned. Don't be boned. The category is making sense. How many quarters are in a dollar? Amy?
Speaker 7: For correct?
Speaker 2: How many dimes are in a dollar? Or lunchbox? Ten?
Speaker 7: Correct?
Speaker 2: Eddie? How many pennies are in a dollar? One hundred?
Speaker 7: Correct?
Speaker 2: Morgan? How many nickels are in a dollar?
Speaker 6: Just keeps you multiplying? Dang it? So one hundred pennies?
Speaker 2: How many nickels are in a dollar?
Speaker 7: Gosh, I don't fifty.
Speaker 6: That hurts my brain.
Speaker 1: You're talking about Wow, there's times so.
Speaker 2: Well, Morgan's out, not my day.
Speaker 6: It happens, all right.
Speaker 3: The category is acronyms. Amy, What does AI stand.
Speaker 6: For Artificial intelligence?
Speaker 3: Correct? Lunchbox at work? What does HR stand for human resources? Correct? In there, Eddie? What does m i A stand for.
Speaker 2: M i A Missing in action?
Speaker 3: Correct? The next category NFL team animals? Okay, I mean what animals on the logo of the NFL team in Arizona.
Speaker 2: NFL the Arizona.
Speaker 1: Well, I know that the Cardinals with the baseball team.
Speaker 6: So not that Arizona. Where where are the Chiefs at? Where are they they no.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: St.
Speaker 6: Louis the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm confused, Saint Louis Cardinal.
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 3: What animals on the logo of the NFL team in Arizona.
Speaker 6: The football team?
Speaker 1: Why is it?
Speaker 6: Why am I thinking Cardinals?
Speaker 2: In an answer? Cardinal correct? Saint Louis Cardinals baseball team. Your mom probably told me.
Speaker 7: I don't know how you got that. I just started the Cardinals, So it's not that, Lunchbox.
Speaker 3: What animals on the logo of the NFL team in Denver Broncos?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: Any what animal is on the logo of the NFL team a Philadelphia That's an eagle?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: The next category is fairy tales. I mean, how many bears are in Goldilocks story?
Speaker 1: What Goldilocks and the three bears?
Speaker 2: Your answer three? Correct? Lunchbox. What were Jack and Jill going up the hill fetch.
Speaker 7: A pail of water? Correct? Jack fell down and cracked his head?
Speaker 2: Eddie, What does the ugly duckling mature into?
Speaker 4: The ugly duckling matures into it? You never heard of the ugly duckling story? Yeah, he's ugly, sees himself in the wait is it? Look look at himself in the reflection of the water. The ugly duckling?
Speaker 2: What does he turn? What does he mature into? Well?
Speaker 4: The duck lan? An adult duckling is a duck Yeah, it's a duck.
Speaker 2: Swan, a beautiful swan. Why would a baby swan isn't called a duckling. You've never heard the story the ugly duckling. Maybe Eddie's out? Oh my goodness, Amy.
Speaker 3: And Lunchbox remain easy trivia. US state nicknames?
Speaker 2: Amy? What state is known as the Grand Canyon State?
Speaker 6: I want to go to the Grand Canyon and it's in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Your answer is Arizona, correct, Lunchbox. What US state is known as the Land of ten Thousand Lakes?
Speaker 7: Minnesota? Correct?
Speaker 2: Which is what the Lakers originally were?
Speaker 3: La Lakers were Minne Minnesota Lakers.
Speaker 2: What state nickname is the Golden State? Amy?
Speaker 1: The Golden State Warriors, the Golden gate Bridge, the Golden State, the Golden State.
Speaker 6: Where is the Golden State Warriors.
Speaker 2: At in an answer?
Speaker 6: California?
Speaker 2: Correct, she's messing with us. What state Lunchbox is known as the Natural State?
Speaker 7: Oh? The Natural State?
Speaker 5: All Natural, the Natural Bridge, the Natural Warriors from what I did the natural for you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The natural state, all naturalalal dang, I'm gonna go with hippies. Give me Alaska. There's a lot of nature there. Natural, there's a lot of nature there.
Speaker 2: But that is not right. It's Arkansas.
Speaker 7: Why am I a dummy white?
Speaker 6: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Okay, we never talked about Arkansas.
Speaker 7: Show from Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Yes, Amy, you are translation.
Speaker 3: I was reading the story where Kevin Costner spent like millions of his own dollars. This movie project he's doing, like millions and millions of his own dollars. He probably could have raised it, but he did it himself. Kevin Costner stars and directs in Horizon, an American saga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like the Western guy right.
Speaker 3: Oh, now he is Kevin Costner, Santa Miller, Sam Worthington, and that's that's the Western guy.
Speaker 4: It's crazy because he used to be the baseball guy, right, like he was Dan d and like Field of Dreams.
Speaker 2: Now he's the Western dude.
Speaker 3: He apparently turned his home into a post production facility, invested a ton of his own money. You ever hear the stories about when they show one of these at a film festival and everybody stands up in claps.
Speaker 2: For like minutes and minutes and minutes. Yeah, that would be annoying. Oh you wouldn't be the clapper for minutes and minutes like yeah, no, no, you have to stand up for twenty minutes and just flat for something.
Speaker 3: I never have my whole life done that. So listen to even three minutes. Have you ever just stood and just cheered hard for three minutes?
Speaker 2: Dry? Thirty seconds is long? That's long. But this is one of those stories.
Speaker 3: Kevin Costner was seen tearing up at Cans during a seven minute standing ovation where the crowd was cheering Kevin seven minutes that people would not stop clapping. I would feel awkward. But here's a clip of that. This is all seven minutes.
Speaker 2: Let's sen call. It's like they did it for seven minutes. Yeah, I didn't think about him.
Speaker 1: That's very awkward, is intenses I thought it would be for seven minutes.
Speaker 6: Seems like they're kind.
Speaker 5: Of like, well, now they went up a minute because they thought it was gonna end, but then they just kind.
Speaker 3: Of If I come out on stage, if I'm doing a stand up show and it's like I play the intro music and it's like fine, I walk out, and if it's more than like ten seconds.
Speaker 2: I start to feel weird and it's my show, right you start dancing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, okay, so it must be really good. During a speech, Costner thank the audience a problem. Three more installments of the Horizon franchise Oh Wow, So Horizon and American Saga. Chapter one in theaters June twenty eighth, Chapter two August sixteenth, rated r under seventeen. Not admitted with that parent. But to get me to stand up for one minute, it must.
Speaker 2: Be really good. And you know people that are his peers.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like in Nashville, if an artist is performing, people go watch them, but there's a lot of judgment, like let's see what they did here. For them to stand up that long, it must be it must be really good. Horizon in American Saga in theaters, June twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: There you go, so chapter one and then chapter two shortly after. It's not like you have to wait forever.
Speaker 3: Like it's way different than the old Avatar Avatar.
Speaker 2: But then did continue pile of stories.
Speaker 1: New poll asks five thousand Americans, have you ever wanted to be the President of the United States?
Speaker 2: Ask me, absolutely, you do what.
Speaker 6: Oh, dude, you're in the minority.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to win like four terms.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, out of all of us, you'd probably be the one that could do it.
Speaker 2: You gotta be nuts even want it, and you're nuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because normal people wouldn't want that as it sounds like a terrible job.
Speaker 2: I would love it.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, Amy want to be president? No Eddie, negative Morgan, no lunchbox.
Speaker 5: All the power in the world would be pretty awesome. But the stress. You wouldn't be able to nap as much. I'm out.
Speaker 4: But hold on, hold on. Don't you have like a cabinet? Can't you just let them do all the work and then give me whatever to sign. I think many presidents have done that.
Speaker 3: Right, you can be allowed to the president, you can be well, or you can just put great people around you, But not me. I don't even want a cabinet. You do it everything, whole service. Baby, I'd be president.
Speaker 2: Yeah? What else?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: So have you heard of the sandwich method in what getting dressed? Because I know Bobby has the Hamburger method when it comes to dating long distance, because he's like, you have to have.
Speaker 2: Gotta have the meat.
Speaker 3: You have the bond to start, but there's gotta be that meat. But yes, the sandwich method of getting dressed. What would I think that is? That would be weird to dress yourself dress yourself in the middle.
Speaker 2: For I guess I underwear that's the middle.
Speaker 6: It's viral on TikTok oh.
Speaker 2: Tell me about it.
Speaker 1: The sandwich method is it makes it easy way for you to pick out whe you're gonna wear because you just match things in between, like you would match your shirt to your shoes and then your your pants would be a different color in between.
Speaker 6: So that's the part. Or if you want to do like I kind of.
Speaker 3: Dress sandwich, it's a it's a Memorial day. Yes, I have white pants on, except that I found out it was Labor Day. Oh I keep on white pants.
Speaker 6: Yes you can't.
Speaker 1: But if you wanted to wear a white hat and white jeans, then you would do a different color top and the top is like your meat. So it's just the way they call it sandwich dressing, like you go to your closet and you go boom boom boom, pick out your outfit.
Speaker 3: Sometimes though, when I get a sandwich, I order the lettuce instead of the bread. So how would you do that?
Speaker 6: Well, then your lettuce is your bun. That's it's just like, yeah, plastic. So this I thought this was funny.
Speaker 1: We have all seen Dumb and Dumber here right, Oh yeah, okay, that movie's turning.
Speaker 6: Thirty years old this year, by the way, that don't make you feel old.
Speaker 1: But Jeff Daniels was talking about how the toilet scene and Dumb and Dumber he thought about not doing it because he thought it could.
Speaker 6: End his career.
Speaker 2: The scene of the movie. The scene, Okay, got it, I remember that scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's he's it's it's a difficult scene.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So before Dumm and Dummer he had done more serious movies like Turns of Terms of Endearment and Speed, and he really wanted to do a movie with Jim Carrey. So he wanted to be a part of this. But like his agent and other people are like, hey, yeah, I really think you need to consider the scene like it could thank you.
Speaker 3: He is a great actor, because I believe I'm serious and I believe him funny, he's a great actor. Yeah, he need to be the dumbest person on a dumba dumber. He did that show too, where he was a news anchor on like HBO.
Speaker 2: Yeah, news room. Believable there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think normally he's not like a funny humor guy. So that's what's so cool about that that, like he played such a funny character.
Speaker 3: I've only one time not done something because I thought it could have run my career, and at this point in my career I cannot share that yet. But I have also done something that people said would ruin your career and it did not. When I did Dancing with the Stars, they were like, don't do it. Only losers do that show, and I was like, I'm kind of a loser. I called my friend Charlotte and the God and who is on in New York, and I said, hey, they want to do Dancing with Stars.
Speaker 2: He was like, Okay. A lot of people do that show when they already had their moment. But there's been a few.
Speaker 3: He's like Michael Strahan, Wendy Williams that did it on their way up.
Speaker 2: Nobody does it at their peak. Most do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'd like to be back in the line light he goes, but there are a few. Even Kim Kardashian did it. Think about that she did Dance with the.
Speaker 2: Stars fe good.
Speaker 3: Well, he was like, there are a few people that use it to go up instead of use it to be back.
Speaker 2: And so I was like, all right, I'm going to do it. And next thing, you know, got that trophy chock and.
Speaker 6: Then you went.
Speaker 1: You went all the way, which is sort of in line with the advice Jim Carrey gave Jeff Daniels.
Speaker 2: He's like, brings it back to the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said, look, Jeff, you can do this. You're gonna be great.
Speaker 6: You just have to go all in, like you have to go all the way.
Speaker 1: With it, and it's going to be a scene that outlives us all like people are gonna be talking about it.
Speaker 2: I love the scene. But it's funny. Yeah, this is funny.
Speaker 6: Okay, I Mamy. That's my file.
Speaker 7: That was Amy's pile of stories. It's time for the good news.
Speaker 5: Miss Bronson is an employee at Homebridge Healthcare Agency and she has to get to work every day. Well, her car hadn't been working, so she's been taking a uber, taking the lift walking to work. An other day, she's getting out of an uber when she gets to work and the CEO happens to see her getting out of an uber. It's like, hey, what's going on? Why are you uber into work? She's like, oh, man, car broke down, doesn't work anymore. I gotta get a new one. Can't afford it. So CEO said, man, I gotta do something. Went up in her office, started doing something online shopping, bought her an SUV.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's the sound of online shopping.
Speaker 7: That easy.
Speaker 3: Wow, And all of a sudden, that's awesome. They bought her Wow, change your life. Absolutely changed her life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then miss Bronson quit No stop just showing.
Speaker 2: She quit the next day.
Speaker 7: Sold the car.
Speaker 2: No no, But I mean think about that.
Speaker 3: She makes decisions every single day, every single day based on the fact that she doesn't have a car, and now a lot of those decisions are able to made differently or not at all because that person changed her life.
Speaker 5: Man, how cool is that the CEO sees you getting out of an ubers they buy you a car.
Speaker 2: It don't start coming to work.
Speaker 5: And I am saying, Bobby, baby, so muchould be standing out front when I riding in an uber.
Speaker 3: A great story, that is what it's all about. That was telling me something good. Here's a voicemail from Lauren, Good morning studio.
Speaker 6: Here with my nine year old daughter Kylie. Say hi, Hi, we have a morning corny for you.
Speaker 4: Might even be a little bit of a morning corny after dart.
Speaker 7: So take Keith, Kylie, what's your joke? I'm having you dining?
Speaker 4: Throw that notes karate? What you get your ass kicks? That's a good one.
Speaker 2: I want to give a shout out to one. Yeah, I love you. I miss does shout out because I was laughing so hard. I love it. That was very good one.
Speaker 3: But the joke is giraft, you know, durrass. Yes, And I like how the mom's like, this might be morning corny after dark.
Speaker 2: Here's my kid. You read this. I don't think we have to bleep that one. Scuba.
Speaker 7: It's Jurassic.
Speaker 2: Jurassic Get Jurassic? Is that what she said?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well I think yes? It was okay. All right, now let's go to Amy with the morning Corny. The morning corny.
Speaker 1: What did the orange tell her daughter when she was hanging out with new friends?
Speaker 2: With the Orange tell her daughter when she was hanging out with.
Speaker 6: New friends, juice, be yourself.
Speaker 2: That was the morning corny an accent.
Speaker 6: Juice be yourself.
Speaker 3: I like the drag. Yeah, yeah, that was a good one there. So selfish or sweet? That's the question we're going to ask lunchbox, what's the story.
Speaker 7: So I saw this video on Twitter.
Speaker 5: I think People magazine posted this guy's getting married and his brother surprises him at the wedding. He's been deployed and he just shows up in uniform and there.
Speaker 7: Oh my godness, the goods here.
Speaker 5: And I watched the video and usually I'm like, oh, these are cool, these reunions like at a high school basketball game or whatever.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 5: So this one I thought selfish, absolutely selfish of this dude. He absolutely stole the wedding day. He is all the talk. It's not talking, it's not talking about how great the bride look, how happy the couple looked.
Speaker 7: It was selfish. It made it about him.
Speaker 3: The video says family and shock when soldier son surprises them at his brother's wedding, and like his brother, his parents were like, oh my god. Now it is very much so about at least this video is about the brother coming back.
Speaker 7: So it's selfish.
Speaker 2: It's tricky, it's selfish.
Speaker 3: It's a little tricker than I thought it wouldn't be. Once I started to think about like it. No, no, looks like nobody was in on ohnah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you should do it like the like the day before rehearsal dinner.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 2: I hate that. I hate that. I'm not thinking it's I know, because he's coming from war.
Speaker 6: Yeah he met well deployed.
Speaker 2: Well whatever, maybe Okay, here's the mode here you go play this what.
Speaker 7: Oh it's so good to see.
Speaker 3: But where are they because taking pictures before the wedding, They're all dressed in the lass and I'm still gonna go I'm still it's tough, but I'm still gonna go sweet. But I would say that probably the bride, probably their groom are a little bit like man, we would have loved to have had this feeling, not on the day of the wedding, the day before.
Speaker 2: I'm still gonna go sweet. But just it is, there can be nuance.
Speaker 6: There is hearing the clip I'm with you sweet.
Speaker 3: A lot of the people that are doing that there were like the mom and stuff, not the groom, not the THEO.
Speaker 2: The groom goes, oh, you made it.
Speaker 6: I think he said, I'm so glad you're here. Man.
Speaker 5: He did, Yeah, right, you're glad your brother's there, but it's like day before you've been really glad to it stole the thunder. It's not about the wedding anymore. It's about the surprise of the brother.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: But when you first sold it, I was picturing them like at the ceremony and the brides walking down the aisle and then no, they're just.
Speaker 2: Taking pictures to the wedding like they're and they're talking about to do it. Yeah. I thought they're about to be like kiss though, hold on here he is.
Speaker 6: That's what I was picturing too.
Speaker 3: In his uniform. I will say it's that's not the method that I would have done. I'm still gonna go with's sweet. I'm just not going to go that it's selfish for somebody from the military to come home.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna commit to that one. Yeah, but man, the night before, like the rehearsal dinner, would have probably been better. Yeah, because imagine the bride that's not your brother, it's your your groom.
Speaker 1: Okay, but what if that was the Sometimes you can't choose the day you arrive from a deployment, like you have to get leave, you have to get permission, all that.
Speaker 5: If you're doing the surprise thing. You get permission and you can pick the day. Obviously, is that right, because.
Speaker 2: Maybe earlier in the day or you can do it.
Speaker 3: You go in and whar your normal clothes and watch the wedding, and then at the rehearsal dinner you're like guess' or not rehearsal with the reception.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's a no. I don't know, but I just think there's Yeah. I think there's a better way for the bride's sake.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say sweet, because it could have been worse, like the way I am visited.
Speaker 2: Walk in, they're going down the aisle. Nobody ever has done that, playing the wedding.
Speaker 1: Song, graduation, the kids walking across the stage.
Speaker 3: But that's about a lot of people. That's about five hundred people or three hundred people, not two. I still think it's sweet.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go sweet.
Speaker 3: I would have preferred it at the rehearsal because the family would have got the same moment and hopefully nobody felt like their moment was taken from them.
Speaker 2: Lunchbox, do you think selfish?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: I think absolutely selfish.
Speaker 1: But then a few voice that you feel like your moment selfish, right exactly.
Speaker 5: The bride just has to swallow her disappointment. Be like, man, my wedding day got overshadow and it was all about the brother.
Speaker 7: It wasn't about me.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of people can talk about brother being there too. It's gonna think you know that, right, everybody? You know that right?
Speaker 7: I mean People magazine. They didn't show a picture of the bride. They showed a picture of the brother.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to if we post this, everybody's gonna be like, it's sweet?
Speaker 7: Is sweet?
Speaker 3: But I don't know hart Listener. Sometimes they surprise me. I will post it on our Facebook page. Selfish. It's just it's not selfish. But could you have done it better? Is how I'd like to phrase it.
Speaker 2: Selfish?
Speaker 7: Are sweet? All right?
Speaker 2: Go follow us on Facebook. Listener messaged me on Instagram and said, hey, what's the show? What is there?
Speaker 3: Never have I ever something that they've never done that most other people have done, And so I listed mine and we'll go around the room. But I've never drank alcohol, I've never watched The Lion King. I've never been punched in the face. Although I hate saying that one because I feel like someone wants to break that, like someone be like, I'll show him. Yeah, we can fix that real easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I've never been to an adult club a dance never. Oh I couldn't dude where they do adult dance. I've never been to one spot.
Speaker 6: We don't need to change that.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know what we're waiting for, but we're not waiting. We're running out of time, That's what I'm saying. So that those would be a few of mine.
Speaker 3: Like, I've never been to an adult establishment like that, never been in a physical like punch in the face fight, no lion King, no drugs, no alcohol.
Speaker 5: I mean just think a night at the dance club, a drink, well dance. I've been to club. No, I'm talking that kind of club right right, So you could do all that. A fight at the club because someone's looking at your girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get punched in the face.
Speaker 7: I mean that would be three three birds one stone.
Speaker 2: But I'm I'm not looking for those birds.
Speaker 1: While you're watching lion King on your phone.
Speaker 2: Them all out, or someone could be dressed up, I mean, never have you ever?
Speaker 1: Well, doesn't even up with some friends the other day because I was the only one that never broken anything like they had all broken like as a kid, broken an arm, broken a leg, broken something.
Speaker 6: I've never broken any kind of bone whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Good for you, anybody.
Speaker 3: I've broken a rib and a couple of fingers, highchool football stuff, but nothing, nothing big.
Speaker 2: But I broken a couple of things. You guys broke anything, never broken anything.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 5: I broke in my right arm twice. So the age of four. My brother pushed me off the slide in the backyard and I broke it. And then the day after I got the cast off, I broke it again. After Yeah, so because my mom told the doctor, hey, it's not healed, and they're like, yeah, it is, and they took the cast off, I broke it again, and so my whole four year old I have a cast on my arm. And that's how my artwork is all left handed squirrels. I did a lot of tornadoes and then I broke my left arm in seventh grade. Summer, fourth seventh grade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bad arms broke. Because like you said, bad arms broke.
Speaker 5: I was playing on the playscape, slipped and then I've broken toes and.
Speaker 3: You two break free free nothing, Eddie. Never have you ever wife, you know, not including Mexico. I've never really left the country. And I grew up seven miles north of Mexico, so.
Speaker 2: That was normal. They lived basically in Mexico.
Speaker 4: But I've never really I've never gone to Canada, and people are like, oh, yeah, good London, England's view. Never left the country. Really, I don't even have a passport. That's crazy. Everyone has a passport.
Speaker 2: I don't. I've never gotten a passport that everybody has one.
Speaker 3: But I think in our industry a lot of people travel a lot, so it feels a lot more normal than you think.
Speaker 4: Well when I say like, oh I got to get a passport, every like you don't have a passport.
Speaker 3: But I think that's just kind of where you live in the people year around, because we live in a place where there's a lot of traveling happening. So I think most folks not to diminish yours. I think most folks haven't left the country. I mean I never even left the state of Arkansas though I was almost an adult, and then never the country until I was like, I need to go see something. But that's still a good one. Mixing something but something you could fix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can go places.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not saying like you could just go get the passport to be prepared.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't get passport. But that takes a long time.
Speaker 7: Yeah it does, but it takes like ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cares, go do it and you'll not even think about it and you'll get it in like three weeks. I do want a passport week something. I never have you ever a.
Speaker 5: Lunchbox, had a cup of coffee, never tasted it, never tried it, never been tempted to. I just never understood why people drink it, a burning, hot, hot cup of coffee when.
Speaker 7: It's one hundred degrees outside. I don't understand.
Speaker 3: I never had coffee till like five years ago, and I hate it. I hate the taste of it. To me, it wasn't I don't like hot things in general, drinking then drinking ice not hot, I already hate the taste. And then I also I'm like, I don't like drinking hot stuff. I don't like drinking hot chocolate or hot apple cider, hot tea nothing. I don't like drinking hot stuff because you can't just drink it freely. You gotta be like, you gotta be precious with it.
Speaker 2: Burn your mouth. But yeah, that's a big one. Never have ever had coffee, Morgan.
Speaker 7: Never have I ever gotten a tattoo. I'm tattoo less and getting no tattoo, no tattoo.
Speaker 1: But you know what I forget about Morgan, and it kind of falls in that tattoo ranges.
Speaker 6: Morgan has a belly button piers. I do have a peer still and sometimes I say age.
Speaker 3: Out of that or you just have to take it out. It's a good question. And what's the age out on that? You don't have to by the way, I think you can do whatever you want. You can get a pierce at ninety. But according to you guys, is there an age where the person to take their belly button piercing out?
Speaker 7: Well, definitely when they get pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you have to gross, but it's not medical for you, not medical, just gross, like I don't want to see it, protruding in it, like shooting. You want to see the Do you want to see the belly though? Just no, no, no, I will cover that, Okay, kicking h Eddie your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you can't really wear a bathing suit anymore, we can always wear a baby but when you go from bikini to full body.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Yeah, take it out.
Speaker 2: One piece, that's it. Yeah, but then nobody else has seen it anyway, So why does it matter?
Speaker 4: Because that's why you had it right, so people can see it in the bikini like you do have it so people will look at that spot.
Speaker 2: Correct. That's why you put any jewelry on anything.
Speaker 5: When I was sixteen, just gonna tell everybody else wan wear it.
Speaker 2: That's why I wear ankle ankle bracelet.
Speaker 7: On the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 3: Now, Travis, what would you say, because you were just warming up before we came on, what what are the five most iconic guitar riffs that come to your mind when I throw that on you and I say this why, I'll give you time in a van for a second while you do that. I was just singing when you came in, carry on the way words and then you played it.
Speaker 7: Yeah yea yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: He just pulled that out like I was crazy. We have a deal on this show where the guys have asked the girls go to to not be noisy when they're in the bathroom, like when they pee, the guys can hear it, so they go in playing music.
Speaker 8: Right, and it's It's Kansas, is what it was for me.
Speaker 2: So I went in and I was like, that's what I was playing. So that's why I was in my head when you came in and then you play that.
Speaker 8: What a great peace song.
Speaker 2: Well I just like it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, it's a good bathroom song.
Speaker 2: But we play that so we don't hear the girl's pee.
Speaker 4: That's that's the thing that it covers.
Speaker 6: Very immature.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it doesn't like not for me.
Speaker 2: I'm not immature. I just like the song. No, but from the top of your head. All right, Top five you got to play them though that you know, riff me something.
Speaker 8: Okay, these are gonna be rough on there it is. That's the best one to.
Speaker 2: Amy. What is it named that riff?
Speaker 1: I got it, I know, I know it.
Speaker 6: It's very famous.
Speaker 3: She's got a sound that siege to me.
Speaker 2: That is all right, let's walk. You're on this one. You get another one. We threw this on you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, go ahead, turn it up.
Speaker 7: It's not it's not all summer long.
Speaker 5: I got thought at first, that's sweet Home Alabama.
Speaker 2: Both you're iconic.
Speaker 3: Okay, give us give us another one.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, come on, okay, that's like, yeah, we just walked over to you. Let's go.
Speaker 3: That's three, right, three, you got more and more. We put all the pressure on you national audience here.
Speaker 2: We just threw this on you like that, and you can jump in shoes.
Speaker 7: It's not gone.
Speaker 2: It's hard, Yes it is. I'll do a melody. She got it. She was beautifully handsome, she was ternally pretty.
Speaker 8: Sex machines what not even closed, especially.
Speaker 9: Laughing in the Fast Flame show making loose mind was laughing the fast leg.
Speaker 8: It's literally life in the fast line.
Speaker 7: Never heard of it. She spot the Beagles.
Speaker 2: Okay, one more, give us one more? It comes to mind. Okay.
Speaker 8: One of the greatest riffs ever, massive massive hit.
Speaker 2: So yeah yeah yeah, big one already got this one, do you know it? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, great song.
Speaker 6: It's really John there no better.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah. And a game is abby that's buddy boy. You there, good yob. You got a whole new, whole new album, out whole new album. So a lot of songs on this one fifteen Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you like them all?
Speaker 8: Most of them?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I liked them all when I recorded them. And then yeah, no, I like most of them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's been a while, Yeah has been Yeah, twenty twenty two is my last like project.
Speaker 7: I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: There's been songs sprinkled along the way.
Speaker 3: But you got the new song Adder to the list. And do you want to play that or would'd rather us play that? It's up to you, buddy.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'll play it. I'll sing.
Speaker 2: I want to hear I'm singing. You want to send him on his way? It's up to you, guys.
Speaker 8: I just leave too if you want me to.
Speaker 3: Let me say this as he's getting ready here, Travis Dinnings here. He's got a brand new album called Roads That Go Nowhere. Almost all the songs Travis wrote. But Travis is also a big songwriter. He wrote Devil Don't Know on Morgan Walland's new album. So, you know, good thing about really good songwriters they appreciate other really good songwriters, and so Travis did that with this record a little bit too.
Speaker 2: So add her to the list. One of the songs that you did not write.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was actually the last song I picked for the entire project we had. I knew I wanted fifteen songs and we had eleven. Cut and we had three picked and so I was kind of looking for that fifteenth one. And my producers, both of them co wrote this song and they played it for me and I just I love the hook, I love the story, and I was wrote in by the second line.
Speaker 3: Again, I'd like to commend you because you wrote almost this entire record and the fact that you love this song so much You're like, I'm gonna record it even though I didn't write it.
Speaker 2: That's hard to do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, as a songwriter, Well, I've been well, I've been on the other side of that table for essentially since I moved Nashville, trying to get people to believe in a song that they didn't write, you know, as a songwriter. And so I always vowed that, you know, if I had a record deal, the best song would win. It didn't matter if I wrote it.
Speaker 2: Well, here we go. This is adder to the list from Travis Dinning. Got a new album out today called Roads That Go Nowhere. All right, Travis, Oh, I'm sorry we can't post a live performance on the podcast, but if you go to our YouTube page you can watch it there or maybe listen live. Okay, all right, now back to the podcast.
Speaker 7: On the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 6: Now, Travis Denning got a new.
Speaker 2: Album out today, rhads that go nowhere. Before we get back to the album stuff, a question for you.
Speaker 3: There's an urban legend about you that you showed up to town with ten thousand dollars and if you spend all of it, you go home or get a job.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so what is that story?
Speaker 2: Tell me the real version? I just had.
Speaker 9: When I moved here, I had like three thoughts in my head. One was that I wanted to be twenty one. How old were you in you moved here.
Speaker 8: I was twenty one in three weeks.
Speaker 9: I moved here, like January sixteenth, and I saved up money over about two years playing shows and playing gigs in Georgia, and I just wanted to come here and if I penny pinched, I can make rent and feed myself a little bit and just focus that first year on writing songs and not having to get a second job, which, of course, I mean, there's nothing wrong with that. I just I wanted to be totally focused, and my goal was to get a publishing deal within that first year. In the middle of November of twenty fourteen, I signed a publishing deal so I fortunately didn't have to go get a job.
Speaker 2: But how much did you have left in your account?
Speaker 8: Ooh maybe two grand? Maybe would you.
Speaker 2: Have taken feed picks? If someoneid for pictures of your feet?
Speaker 8: I would I do that right now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, honest with you.
Speaker 8: I mean, hey, mortgage rates are still high, you know, so you gotta do what.
Speaker 2: You gotta do. The new album Roads to Go Nowhere.
Speaker 3: When you write a set song like that Roads to Go Nowhere or a song that's vulnerable, does that have to be the right people to be vulnerable with you? Everre like, man, I'm really feeling that I was in love, and they're like if you idiot, and you're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't write that with you? Like you have to pick the right people to be vulnerable with, you know.
Speaker 8: I don't think so.
Speaker 9: In fact, I think some of the best vulnerable moments in saw RIDI can come with people you don't know.
Speaker 8: And in fact, this song was a little bit of both.
Speaker 9: One of the writers, James mcnahir, close friend of mine, I'm known for a long time, and so I felt super comfortable us talking about our stories and our roads that got us nowhere and the ones that got us here and then Ben Foster, who was another writer on it.
Speaker 8: I think that was the first time me and him had written together. May may have been the second time, but.
Speaker 2: He started crying in the writing room, and the dude didn't even know, You're, like, bro.
Speaker 7: That'd be weird.
Speaker 9: I didn't cry, but we had a good time reminiscing and stuff. I got a little emotional when I heard the demo for the first time, but I was by myself.
Speaker 2: Did you sing the demo? I did?
Speaker 3: And you got emotional because the song reminded you of what you were actually writing about, Like you separated yourself from it enough to listen to what you were saying.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know, I just I it took me back, and it was kind of a there was some stuff going on, like you know, in my life, not bad, but just things changing with like people I worked with and things like that. It was just kind of a little bit of a pinnacle time. I was about to get married, like, and I just was. I was thinking about all the good stuff. I was thinking about some of the the ditches and the potholes and stuff, you know.
Speaker 8: Mortgage rates, mortgage rates.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I traded a two point nine for a seven to one that was nowhere got Yeah. I don't think Ramsey would like that one, but uh you know, hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. But uh no, we uh yeah, it just I don't know. It took me back to being a kid and just dreaming of hopefully making a living playing music.
Speaker 8: And when I get there, you'll be the first tonight.
Speaker 2: For to call. I was at a restaurant.
Speaker 3: I was having my wife and I are having dinner with a couple of her friends from back back home somewhere, and Travis walks in with his wife.
Speaker 2: And Travis comes up and he like puts his hands on my shoulder, like what up we have? Like what a buddy? Whatever? I never get U. I didn't get up out my food in front of me and it's fans.
Speaker 8: I held on for just it's on the shoulder. He hate everything, so.
Speaker 2: He walks on whatever. And they were like, who was that. I was like, I said, I have no idea. I really said that. A few minutes later, I was like, I'm just kidding, but I did say that because it was very aggressive and I thought it was funny to go I.
Speaker 3: Have no I have no idubt that I thought you guys knew who that was. This is the I'm a little teapot challenge. I just came up with cool because can you solo anything about?
Speaker 8: To find out?
Speaker 3: I guess So if I were to sing I'm a little tea pot and then point at you, could you solo that in the spot the gap? What key?
Speaker 6: Are you in?
Speaker 2: My own? All right? Cool? Universal skeleton key? That's what I call it.
Speaker 8: B for Bobby.
Speaker 2: Usually usually I'm in D D Usually that's usually where I sing it. You know, it doesn't matter. Let's just see what happens. Cool, I'm a little tea pot, short and stout.
Speaker 3: Here is my handle, Here is my spout. When I get me, tip me over and for me trump standing everybody.
Speaker 2: That's D flat?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, very flat area flat, super flat and half.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's kind of the only place I can I can live, you know in.
Speaker 8: That that D area, I just b flat okay all the time. Okay, you're out with Hardy. We're out this summer with with Hardy on the Quick Tour.
Speaker 2: He did a song with you too. Is that kind of a uh you know he do the show put you on a song. What happened? Uh?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 8: This was a song I wrote eight years ago.
Speaker 9: Actually, yeah, it was the first song I'd written with Jesse Alexander and Chase McGill.
Speaker 2: That was you look at this photograph.
Speaker 4: To him makes me laughing, get so red.
Speaker 8: Shout out to Chad Krueger, who was hit when he hit that and it just immediately took it out right there was beautiful.
Speaker 2: So anyway, the Hardy song, yeah, that's what that's on there.
Speaker 9: That's a Southern rock just really a song that's kind of ode to how I grew up and the way I was raising where I come from.
Speaker 8: And we recorded it.
Speaker 9: I knew it was a special song for me just how much I loved it, but I felt like it could go to the next level with somebody else, and I knew Hardy was the perfect guy. I shot it to him and a day later he texted me, which is par for the course, and he said, I'm in let's do it, and uh man, he just he crushed it. I mean he took it to another stratosphere and yeah, I think we're gonna be playing it on the tour, so it'd be really fun.
Speaker 2: That's cool, man.
Speaker 3: Well, congratulations, you guys can go, uh go to Hardy's quit tour and Travis is support for Hardy Hardy's on one of the tracks the new record, it's called Roads that Go Nowhere and that little song we just sang with some nickelback.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and that one's not on the record that was unfortunately. That's that's on the deluxe, the Target Exclusive, which, by the way, you can play that song because that is public domain. You can really a little teapot all day every day.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna cut a bluegrass version of it.
Speaker 3: Travis, good to see a buddy. You got to follow Travis. Travis are dinning on Instagram. The album this is your debut album?
Speaker 2: Yea, why do they say that?
Speaker 8: I don't really know.
Speaker 9: I'm kind of with you. I I call it my first full length album. It's my first like fifteen song thing, but my first single came out like six and a half years ago, so I don't know if it counts.
Speaker 3: Debut albums out debut, full length length, big debut album.
Speaker 2: There is Travis.
Speaker 7: Lobby Bone Show.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 7: This story comes from Manhattan, Kansas.
Speaker 5: Hey man decided, Hey, I want to drive to the liquor store get something to drink, and he pulls into the liquor store parking lot, goes to put in the park, accidentally hits the gas.
Speaker 7: Boom right into the liquor store and it was the mayor and he was drunk.
Speaker 2: Oh, the mayor of the town. Oh, the drunk part. I could have I mean, I could have got there. I didn't expect the mayor to be coming.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but mayor of certain towns, I don't know.
Speaker 1: My uncle was the mayor of Dilley, Texas for like twelve years, and I mean he was awesome and all, but I don't think it was like that.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, like maybe I thought the story wouldn't get out if of his mayor.
Speaker 6: He's like, oh yeah, I got Yeah, you got relationships.
Speaker 2: So that's unfortunate.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, and he's gonna resign.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure we need that yet. Let's look, let's look at his past. See all right, thank you.
Speaker 7: I'm munch box. That's your bonehead story of the day.
Speaker 2: Any what do you have over there?
Speaker 1: Well, I was listening to mel Robbins podcast and she had this doctor on and he's talking about like simple science backed things that make our lives better.
Speaker 6: And one of the things that he mentioned was wearing the color red.
Speaker 2: I'm a big red guy, and so obviously my.
Speaker 1: Ears perked up, and I'm like, oh, Bobby Love's ready wears red and red equals success, Red equals What if it's confidence?
Speaker 2: What if that's the thing some people just I was gonna say, you guys, but some things just have missed out on They don't wear enough red. It's that simple.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It says they're scientific proof that wearing the color red can in fact breed success. And oftentimes when two sports teams are playing, the team that's wearing red, well, ultimately.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's goin.
Speaker 3: But it says I think that's a little misleading. However, I would like for people to know that's not why I wear red. I'm pretty bad color blinded dark colors. Red has always been the color I can see the most of the shades. And Arkansas was red, and my high school was red, so all those things combined.
Speaker 2: It was just a red life. It's a red, red life for me. And maybe I just have been able to, you know, lead some of that success all because they're red, because I've just happened to. This is the sports teams, this.
Speaker 1: Is proof though athletes wearing red uniforms win competitions more often than opponents dressed in other colors.
Speaker 3: But we don't know that for a fact that every And also it's fifty to fifty anyway, so in the end it's going to be near fifty to fifty red versus not red or white.
Speaker 1: But why this part I didn't like right down the part about the Olympics. If there was something like they'll drawl, like who gets the red or the blue uniform America?
Speaker 2: And they always win, And.
Speaker 6: It's like, you want to get the red one. But red is the color of fire and blood.
Speaker 1: It's identified with danger, energy, strength, determination, love, passion, and desire. So also if you're trying to date, where red.
Speaker 2: Someunds a little cuckoo for me, but I'll read, so I'll take that.
Speaker 6: And and men love when women wear red nail polish.
Speaker 1: We do, I guess y'all are I don't even know subconsciously you're you're to it because it's.
Speaker 2: That's why you guys are all drawn to me. They're so passionate about I don't even know. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we're done. Go put on some red or something. Be careful, people will be passionate.
Speaker 3: Remember the same by the Bell episode where they would play the over the speaker.
Speaker 2: The subliminal messages and everybody fell in love with Zach.
Speaker 7: Awesome.
Speaker 3: And then maybe you remember that Eddie, No, I don't remember that one. You're leave with the beaver guy. Yeah, all right, thank you, have a great day, have a great weekend. We'll see you next week. Goodbye, everybody show