Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Oh my gosh, while what is your name?
Speaker 2: Aj?
Speaker 1: AJ?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is happening?
Speaker 3: Aj?
Speaker 1: How is life going for you?
Speaker 2: Life's so good. I move into a new apartment in like four days. I am in bed and I just drink a margarita and two glasses of wine.
Speaker 1: You just drank a margarita and two glasses of wine by yourself? Are you alone getting drunk?
Speaker 2: I am alone. I live with my grandma right now, but I move out.
Speaker 1: Soon, so that's cool. What did your grandma join you to to get to get fucking wasted?
Speaker 2: Dude? I wish she would. I wish you would get wasted and smoke a joint or something, but no, she doesn't like any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: So I'm trying to wed. I've decided I'm going to talk about it publicly so I'm held accountable. I'm quitting for a week. I'm go I see how I feel. I think the problem is that just it activates my uh eating binges.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I had cried a fucking crazy one the other day. I was eating nest Quick vanilla milk and fruit gushers and skittles, and he is just insane. It was bad, but whatever, this is.
Speaker 2: No, I get it. I have been smoking weed since I was fourteen, and I stopped for the first time for like two weeks a couple months ago, and my brain just cleared, like the song was gone. And I want to start doing that again so bad. But I kind of use it to like help me with anxiety and stuff like that. Like right now, I have been calling you for months. I listened so much so I'm like sweaty shaking right now.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, Jay, what's up. Well, you texted me something. You wanted to talk to me about how your ex is stalking you.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I forgot. I try to forget about that when I can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we don't have to talk about it. We don't want to.
Speaker 2: No, it's interesting, and I think that talking about it might help, because I really never do.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: I don't know. He was a sweet person. We met over the summer, and I think religion is an awesome thing. I think it's cool to have something to believe in. It's not like my thing, but I'm open to it, you know. And he was very religious and that kind of I don't know, it got in the way of stuff. His parents didn't like me, excit have tattoos, and I don't know, it just got kind of strange. I went to a Bible study and got pretty uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: So so, how did you meet this young Christian boy?
Speaker 2: Tender? Always tender?
Speaker 1: Okay, I know, and boy, I mean, you don't sound I don't know you, but do sound like you are the religious type?
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: Uh so then, but yeah, what was it that that drew you two together?
Speaker 2: He was really I love a mustache and I love a mullet, and he had those and so like it was a very like immediate physical attraction. And I don't know, I try and be open minded. So it kind of like intrigued me when he said that he was religious, because I was like, I don't know, like I'd never really been with anybody or like dated anybody that was so I was like, let me maybe give this a try. You know, he seems nice and respectful, nice, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you're very physically attracted to someone, red flags just become quirks very much.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and then you like meet their parents and I have like a I have a cool little tattoo and from like an artist that I like on Instagram and it says something about like dancing with devils and it's a little devil with cowboy boots dancing around, and that was a immediate like I walked in met his parents, and his dad like started a discussion about that, and I just knew it was gonna be, you know, well basically that he would like for me to add to the tattoo and make it something about finding gods. And I haven't known him for a month at that before, you know, so I was like, and I feel, I don't want to expose this man's you know, personal life. But his dad was almost a big reason why we kind of like stopped doing everything because he would get really intense, like he, uh, his dad was the big Bible slumper guy, like he kind of thought that God spoke through him to other people, so he would, you know, he like baptized somebody. And I don't know how Christianity works too well, but I don't think you could just you know, I don't know, maybe like I just don't know if a civilian can just baptize another person. But he was out there doing that.
Speaker 1: And so what do you think it was that Drew him to you.
Speaker 2: I think, I know for a fact, I'm sorry, I'm out of breath, I'm nervous. So uh, he was definitely overprotected, I think just throughout life, you know, like he opened up to me about some like curiosity with sexuality, you know, which like I'm super open to having my partner explore, you know, especially as like a guy. You know, I feel like a lot of people aren't able to explore that. So I was really open with that. But I don't know, he just never really, I think, had been with someone like who was open minded. He only dated Christian girls or didn't single and with his parents all the time.
Speaker 1: You know, did you put your thumb in his ass?
Speaker 2: That's put my whole strapple, though, I feel like, yeah, that's always the thing. I don't know why, but like I don't know if it's a vibe I give off. But there's still like three or four guys that they're just like all natural and tender, and the first message is like peg question of work are you?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: A lot of guys like introduction to pegging.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually very much so, which I don't mind, you know, as long as they're super comfy with it. It's something I like because, like, I'm do you.
Speaker 1: Take pride in that.
Speaker 2: Very much?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Kind of. It's like more so pride that I guess, like people feel comfortable enough with me to like open up in that way. But it's also like, yeah, I just sucked that dude in the ass.
Speaker 1: You know, man, you should. That'd be sick if you did it while you were wearing a devil costume.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I know.
Speaker 1: Heart attack.
Speaker 2: No, I actually I felt really as soon as we broke up. It was right before Halloween, and then I posted a picture on Instagram with me and like this really sexy, provocative noun costume, and I was like, he's gonna think that that's pointed towards him in some way.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I mean, this guy turns out to be bad news though bad news bears.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he I don't know. We god, I'm trying to think about his Oh yeah, so he while we were dating, subscribe to some people's only fans that he had previously been hooking up with. And sex work is awesome. I love that, but I don't really love the consumption of sex work while you're dating somebody. For me, personally, it's a little boundary, you know, and he knew that beforehand, you know, and so we like talked about it, and then it ended up being that he didn't unsubscribe when he said he did, so we broke up, and I'm like, immediately I was just being harassed like the day and night with calls and calmenting on my TikTok from private accounts and just saying heinous stuff, not being very Christian.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, I don't know m how Loyo was all this.
Speaker 2: We brought up in October. I guess it's it's been happening on and off. It was very heavy through November, and it kind of it's light that's a little bit in December. Yeah, I'm actually back with my like long term X that was from before him who travels around because he's a firefighter and cuts down trees and puts down those crazy Canada fires. So back with him, back with doing all that long distance stuff trying to avoid my ex.
Speaker 1: That's cool. That guy definitely sounds like he is a mustache and a mullet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the firefighter has a better mustache, better mullet.
Speaker 1: So do you fuck him in the ass track?
Speaker 2: I've asked, he's open to it, but that's not something I ever want to push.
Speaker 3: You know, so.
Speaker 2: Little, you know if it happened to happen.
Speaker 1: But so, how did you rekindle with the firefighter af after so much time?
Speaker 2: Well, it's crazy, because life's crazy. We me and the Christian man were on the phone breaking up, and while we were on the phone, he texted me and it was like, Hey, I'm coming back to I live in Ohio. He was like, I'm coming back to Ohio from Washington State after six months and would love to see you. I've been thinking about you, and so yeah, I guess the Christian boy chas a bad time to fuck up and watch his excess porn because the Firefighter texted And I don't know, I think that that's the person, like I really, you know, he feels like the person's supposed to be with. We've been together for a while and split up over the summer just because distance, you know, can get to I think.
Speaker 1: So this the Christian guys, he's still like he's not like showing up at your fucking house and.
Speaker 2: Shit is he not showing up at my house? Just like a lot of a lot of her he did try and marry Christmas his way back into my life.
Speaker 1: But what does it mean to marry Christmas your way back into somebody's life.
Speaker 2: I think it's you know, when I guess you're no longer on speaking terms with someone in a holiday or special occidence comes up and it's an excuse to be like, hey, I haven't talked to you in a while, Happy birthday, Marry Christmas.
Speaker 1: It's smart, but smart.
Speaker 2: I got other stuff to worry about. I'm in nursing school right now. I'm moving to my apartment out of my.
Speaker 4: Grandma's so that's cool.
Speaker 1: While you and we got a firefighter at an EMT, that's pretty good. You guys can make You can deliver your own baby. You don't even need to go to a doctor.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I'm actually certified to do that. And I always hope that, like one day I get the call. I would love to deliver a bit in the back of my truck, not my own, but yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll take it to the chat for questions. Does the chat have any questions for AJ about anything at all? Life, being an AMT, doing, being a human being on the planet Earth.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe I'm on here. By the way, I'm so very.
Speaker 3: Excited to.
Speaker 1: Someone wants to know what the best flavor pop tart is in your opinion?
Speaker 2: Ohores, I don't eat crust on pop tarts or any other thing that's breaded, but I.
Speaker 5: Like this s'more pop tart.
Speaker 1: Someone says, how do I pitch my wife on pegging me?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I think your best way to go is maybe like start with a play on her. I don't want to get too graphic, you know, but some light ass play on her, and then maybe discuss switching it around while the heat's going.
Speaker 1: What is your Somebody said, what is your most embarrassing EMTs story? And then somebody said what is your craziest EMTs story? I don't know which one you want to cover, or if you have one that covers both.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've done anything embarrassing. I've just I don't know. I've been like projectile, vomited on you know. I've had to like swim around in people's blood and poo. I think, like I guess, like the most entertaining runs I get are my dementia patients. I love people like I love getting a ten pm sundowner call, and it's like a woman who's either mean and scratching at me or she's quietly sitting there like singing a really scary tune, you know, like oh love that.
Speaker 1: Someone wants to someone wants to know, and this is this is a good question. Are you How do you feel about like the stalking. Do you think it will get worse?
Speaker 2: I don't feel like it will get worse. I do feel like he at heart is a good person. I think that I was really the first person that he had like a truly deep relationship with, and it felt like he told me I was the first person he could fully beat himself around. So I think just like the intensity of that really got to him. So you know, I'm trying to be forgiving. I really don't judge him too much for it.
Speaker 1: So well, A J. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. I appreciate you. I listen anytime that you stream, So I'm a good night, yick, have a.
Speaker 1: Good night and enjoy. Hey, pour a marguerite out for me. Huh, all poor too?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Rock and roll?
Speaker 3: All right, you.
Speaker 1: Man? It really would be sick to drink a margarita alone in my room right now, should I.
Speaker 3: Uh, hello, hey there, Oh my goodness, this is just a gag.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, to whom am I speaking with?
Speaker 3: My name's I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna assume you cut out a little bit, but I'm gonna assume you said Seymour.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How often do you get people saying, feed me Seymour?
Speaker 3: I don't get that reference.
Speaker 1: You don't get that reference? All right, that's we'll save it for the people who do, all right. Honestly, it's kind of funny. It's it's funny that you even thought it was It's funny that you even thought it was a reference. Because if I didn't know that that was a reference, and somebody said that to me, I wouldn't say I don't get that reference. I would say, what the fuck are you talking talking about? I wouldn't It wouldn't even registered that it was a reference.
Speaker 3: Oh man, dude, I'm a little shaky right now because oh.
Speaker 1: Man saying oh man, it's a perfect response to any of the bullshit I just said. Saw what's up? Seymore? How's life?
Speaker 3: Life is? Is actually pretty good for the most part. I don't know if you saw that. I send you a text message after I tried giving you a call. Essentially, I wanted to discuss a little dilemma and having with between me and my family. I said in the message, I'm twenty six years old and I come from like a Catholic family background, and so I'm twenty six years old and like I do smoke weed and I do vape, and like I've gone like through the whole thing, I guess you could say, like the whole the whole cycle of you know, trying out marijuana, getting addicted to it, to getting obsessed with it, and to the point where, like you know, I had to you know, I've never been to rehab or anything like that, but I've you know, basically tried forcing myself to stop, and I guess since you know here I am still doing it. Technically it didn't really work, but ultimately it's like you know, I control or at least I at least don't allow marijuana to control my life as much as it used to. Whereas, like you know, I it went where I'm like, you know, I'm smoking like two three times a day, and so like you know, I just smoke too. If I feel like it, I will if not, whatever, you know, I don't need it, and so it's like and throughout this whole process, I've you know, I've tried discussing it with my family because you know, in my family, you know, we try not to We tried, at least I tried to be honest with my family because you know, with your family, it's your only family. Well you know, if you can't be honest or you know, even trust your family, then who really can you trust out in the world.
Speaker 1: So then what what what would the conflict be?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, for my family, I mean to them, basically, marijuana is just a no no. It is basically a sin, and like you know, to them, they see it as like a very evil thing or like a very addictive thing, which I mean, yes, it is addictive, but you know, I believe it's not the only thing that people can really get addicted to, or even the worst thing, not to not to put doubt that, you know, I believe marijuana can do its work bad thing.
Speaker 1: So so, so first of all, what's your name again?
Speaker 3: Seymour?
Speaker 1: All right, we did the whole thing. That's about hilarious fake name to pick out of all fake names. Anyway, I forgot. I can't believe I asked your name after we did the whole feed me Seymour thing. I just might here's the here, you know what. You know why I asked you that? Because I have very bad short term memory, Seymour. You know why I have very bad short term memory?
Speaker 3: Is it because of weed?
Speaker 1: It's because of weed? Probably, I don't know. I'm not a fucking scientist. But is the conflict here really with your parents, because like I don't so obviously you know, they're they're super Catholic and they think that, uh, the devil really did create the lettuce which he made of He might he may have, he might have. Yeah, So is the conflict just that you can't talk to them about this this addiction that you have and that makes you feel kind of isolated?
Speaker 3: Yes and no, because again like yes, I mean I'm mainly just using the you know, me using weed as kind of like the basis as to what the real issue is. Like, my main issue is the fact that you know, I have difficulty you know, expressing what I really feel in my life, you know, because I I uh not to get too much into my my personal life again because again like I'm not trying, I'm trying not to swerve too far off the topic here. Okay, So essentially, like, you know, my parents divorced when I was three. I grew up in a house with four sisters, no brothers. I'm the second youngest child, and uh, you know, I think the divorce, you know, I think that divorce kind of took a toll between me and my my siblings because throughout the majority of our of our childhood, you know, we've always had arguments or fights, you know, majority of them with with my mother, some of them with my father. But ultimately, you know, here we are, we're all growing up. You know, we're all adults here, and we're all we're we all still have each other in our lives. You know, I still have my mother, I still have my father. All my siblings they're you know, they're not doing bad. You know, they all have jobs. You know, they're they're doing their their own thing. You know, they're doing good. And that's you know, I believe. I like to believe that I'm doing as.
Speaker 1: Well, so so smart, so so uh again, and and all all of that is is great. I'm glad that everyone's doing good. So, you know, in that case, when you when you told me just now, you were, like, I think we it is just a side note to what the actual problem is, right you said something along those lines. Am I correct? So tell me, you know, in as plain words as you can, what what is the actual problem?
Speaker 3: I believe, I'm I believe I'm having issues ultimately, just I guess finding a reason to stay around my family, if that make any sense?
Speaker 1: Finding a reason to stay around your family?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like I mean again, like I don't want to, you know, confuse anything, Like I love my family with all my heart. You know that that's my family, and I understand that we all have our personal problems. I know I have my problems that I've caused, and they have problems that each everybody has caused. But you know, I feel like you know, ultimately, why should we have to argue with each other and you know, leave on bad terms if we if we still are have each other.
Speaker 1: So I just I'm you phrased this in a very interesting way, and I don't know if you did that intentionally. You phrased it as I need to find a reason to be around my family. It's a very specific way to phrase what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Right, again, Like I know, I know, I'm beating around the bush because again, like I have issues pulling out the real truth because it's like it's my own personal problems. I guess trauma if you want to call it that. Again, I'm beating around the bush because like I, I never really had opportunities or you know, the option to actually save my what I feel.
Speaker 1: Well, what.
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Well, look, here's the thing. Whatever you want to say about however you feel when you're talking on here, you know it's up to you. You could say whatever you want or not say whatever you don't want to say. But okay, when you said, when you say find the reason, let me ask you, do you like your family? Do you enjoy being around your family? Because here's the deal. You're twenty six. Now you're an adult. I assume you have a job and you make your own money, and you don't you know need you know, you're not living off of your parents financially, and as an adult, you get to make your own decisions about what people you spend time with and allow into your life. And you know it's it's not your fault that that that you grew up the way that you did, and that it turns you into and that it did whatever it did to you. But you know, you're an adult now and you get to make your own decisions as to who you want to hang out with. And so I ask you with that power that is bestowed upon you, and you can tell me the truth or you cannot tell me whatever you don't want to tell me. But I ask you plainly, you know, do you want to hang out with your family?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you're telling me that you're looking for a reason to be around your family, you've just now produced the best possible reason to be around your family, which is because you want to.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So, but where's the conflict coming from within that? Because you gave me You didn't even pause when you said that, you didn't even have to think about it. You gave me a restounding yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I'm uh, I guess.
Speaker 2: M.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I feel like i'm The thing is is like you know, it's like whenever, uh, whenever you have good and then you have your bad. You know, you can't have one without the other, right, And it's like and like, you know, I don't know. Maybe it's because like personally, I feel like, you know, I feel like I'm I'm a family oriented person. You know, to me is like I I hold that my family not in a high pedestal, but I value them very much. Because that's I guess that's all you know, personality wise aside. I guess that's just like instinctively, that's how I feel. You know, it's more like, just get.
Speaker 1: A big like a giant, get a giant.
Speaker 3: Passion for the other person, box vape.
Speaker 1: With th HC, and you roll up onto your parents' house and just blow a big fucking cloud in all their faces and go, this is who I am, and you must accept me for it. No, I don't actually know if.
Speaker 3: He would do that. No, I mean, okay, so i'm if I were to actually do that, like right now my my okay, the planetature, I actually live right now with my mother and one of my sisters in the house. Okay.
Speaker 1: Oh see, okay, so where so you live with your family?
Speaker 3: Yes? No, no, I I should I should have implied that I still live currently with my family, because you know, of course, yes I do have a job, and yes I do make a decent amount of money, but I'm still trying to make my way. I guess more financially stable.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm in the process. Yeah, And of course, and I was like, you know, there's that. And of course, like living in the house, we're always gonna meet butting heads with each other. But with my family, it's like it always seems like we want to like instead of talking about it, we're just gonna argue. And so we either we were somebody walked away or the cops have to be called.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, now, all right, if.
Speaker 3: If you want, I an kind of paint a pictures like what you what you said earlier about me, you know, just babing in front of the house.
Speaker 1: Well I was, I was just I was just trying to be funny and it didn't work, but I I I well, oh gay you all right, you've you've introduced several new elements into this conversation now that are are peaking. My my curiosity is, I'm you know, well, well, okay, you live with your parents, which is fine, dude, if you're like, you know, trying to find a nest or a core of financial stability. I think living with your parents, if you have the opportunity to do so, and if it doesn't drive you fucking crazy, to the point where you're suffering every day, and you should do it. But you mentioned just now that things will escalate to the point where the cops are called.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So like when I say like, like, oh, it's like hard headed. Hard headedness runs in the family. I know. I'm very hard headed, and I get it from both my mother and my father. Like it's like you know, like you know the same, like it's my way or the highway.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, like.
Speaker 3: Not to you know, specifically, like it's it's okay, especially with my mother, it's it's my way or that's it. It's either you you either it's my way, or you're at my house where I'm gonna call the cops and have them take you off my house.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: And and she has done that, I want to say at least twice, and once to me and once to one of my siblings in a time where I was not actually around, I was living on my own.
Speaker 1: Seamar get seamar get me on a few things. Okay, All right, well let's talk about you know, your whole financial stability thing. Are you do you have a job, yes, okay, what do you do?
Speaker 3: I work in a warehouse. I'm like I put like you know, merchandise on a palette to be put onto a truck, you know, reverse stocking something like that.
Speaker 1: Cool? Cool, And do you do you make enough that if you, if you wanted to, you could move out?
Speaker 3: Ideally I want to say, Okay, well, it's a little confusing, like I had to put more human details here. I'm currently working at this job ultimately until next year, for next summer, because I currently I'm in a relationship right now with a girl. Okay, and uh, we've been together in about two years coming this uh, this nixt may great and she actually she's from my hometown. But she ultimately she actually moved to a bigger city. I'm not going to say where.
Speaker 1: Okay, you think moving moving in with her?
Speaker 3: I am, but it's we got together in the relationship, like only a few months before she got offered the job, and she had immediately moved. And I've done the whole like, you know, like, hey, let's go move together, move in together, it's going to be great, you know, all of a sudden, no planning whatsoever. And that has backfired on me three times already. And so it's like I've already talked with her about it before she moved. I know, I do want to move in with her. However, it's like because she's moving over there specifically for her job, you know. I told her was like, you know, we're in a new relationship. You know, I'm not saying that I don't want to go with you. I do.
Speaker 1: Dude, Can I just wh Can I say something? Can I say something to you? And I hope you don't find this offensive because this is an actual this is the thing. I want to get your take on this entire phone call you have said. I don't know if this is just how you talk or maybe you're just like frazzled because we're speaking in a in a in a public setting here, but the way that you're talking, I'm I'm I'm picturing you right now like a mad scientist with like pulling your hair out. You sound extremely stressed and frazzled, and I just want to know if that's like only because we're talking on a podcast right now, or if that's just how you are, because you sound you sound you sound like you're you're you're jumping.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, look it's it's a picture of things. Like, dude, I've been listening to your podcast since the last this last summer, and I it ultimately have been enjoying it very much. And I have like I have like major stage fright, you know, if I know people are listening to I, I get, you know, tended up, and sometimes I have to like pace myself whenever I have to, you know, speak. That's That's all that really.
Speaker 1: Is, Okay, okay, cool. I just want to make sure I just that's totally fine. I just want to make sure that it wasn't It didn't have everything to do with like all the stuff that you're to like stress over the things that you are talking about. You're doing fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's no. I just have personal stage tried. Man, you're doing great.
Speaker 1: You're doing great.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I hope I didn't make you feel self conscious just now, but you know, anyway, I mean to get to the route here. I say, you're so you this girl that you're in a relationship with, you're kind of you because here's the thing, right it is like you I'm I. You know, look, I fucking lived in my mom's basement for two years trying to build up a financial nest egg and and work on stuff and and you know, do do the whole thing. I think it's a good idea, right for some but but if I think it's a good idea, if that, if you're being very intentional about it in that way, but there does come a point where like you gotta be in your mind thinking about, you know, what's next, what's your exit plan? Especially it I mean, I'm I'm very lucky my mom is is Is is a great person. But you know, it's like if you're if you're butting heads and the police are getting called and it's escalating to that point and it's a daily source of stress and anxiety, it's just making your life miserable. And I don't know if that's the all I all I heard is that the police are being called and that it's her way or the highway. That's all you you you you haven't indicated on your end that you are you know, you have an expressly mentioned that you are miserable, but you know, I mean, are you is this is this situation that you're in? Is it?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 1: It? Is it horrible? Every day? I mean where where where are you at? I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah, I'm observer. That does seem horrible. But like again, like when you have your you're good, you have your bad, and like, okay, I'm only talking about the bad thing. It's here like again, like you know, I do have good moments with my family. You know, we had a good Christmas.
Speaker 1: This last week, right right, right, But I'm I'm talking about just like the like living with with them, you know, because no, yeah, here's let me tell you something. And I don't care who the fuck you are and who your family is. This there's no way that this isn't universally true. Your relationship with your family is going to be a lot better when you move out because I'm a firm believer of absence making the heart grow fonder, do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, you're right. I mean when I first moved out, I mean I was like, you know, on cloud nine. I was a static, but I was also you know, like nineteen at the time and very inexperienced. You know, I take my good with my bad here.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, I understand, like there are moments in my life where I am genuinely happy, you know, I was, you know, I am happy, but of course, I mean I had my bad days. So just like you know, I look at it, it's like, hey, you know, my life is going to have up sundowns. You know, I've been in worse situation before, and of course I would wish like to be in other situations that are a lot better, you know, if I had the auction. I literally talked to her about it with my girlfriend today cause she's actually down in our hometown for the weekend spending time with her family. She talked to me. I was like, if you're really that upset about it, like just come move in with me. You know, I'm right here. And it's like she's one hundred percent of right.
Speaker 1: Just so she's extended an invitation to come live with her already. Yes, yeah, No, I mean, well, and what are you waiting for?
Speaker 3: I guess part of it to me is like I'm ultimately afraid because you know, it's like I've already done the whole moving out process and like, you know again, like it's backfired on me, and so now it's like you, I'd rather just play it smart.
Speaker 1: You know, moving moving out backfire on you? Is it a financial thing?
Speaker 3: Financial and like you know, friendships, you know crumbling. You know that.
Speaker 1: You know your friendship's crumbled when you moved down to the of your mom's house.
Speaker 3: No, No, like when I moved out on my own, Okay, Like you know, when I moved out, I tried getting roommates. You know, none of the majority of them either backed out or they just couldn't pay their own like their own half.
Speaker 1: Are you are you? Are you worried about your relationship with your girlfriend being affected by this?
Speaker 3: I mean obviously, I mean, like you're always going to be worried about everything whenever you're like you're getting in a relationship and especially moving across you know, cities or whatever. But like it's mainly I guess it's just like it's mainly with me, Like I've already talked with her about this, is like you know, it's like, look, I just don't want to get in that headset space because I got really really depressed having to pay a lease on my own for so long, especially like whenever, like the only advice I can get is from my family, which their only options or their only advice is like, well, why did you move out in the first place if you weren't ready, or why don't you just move back in with mom and dad? You know, it's it's.
Speaker 1: Look, I want, I want let me have a few things. Is you know I've said it a bunch of times over the course of this call. I'm very much you know pro you know, living with your parents if if you need to, it's fucking extremely tough out there, uh, you know, to pay rent and do all this shit. So you know, if that's where you've got to be, that's where you got to be. But I and I don't know. I've only been talking to you for like a half hour. Is it been half hour? It's no, not yet, but whatever, I've only been talking for twenty minutes. But I have a sense that just generally that finding independence will bring you a more enriched life, particularly if your family drama is getting to a point where police are called.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So that's what I have to say about that. And you know, I before we go to Seymour, and by the way, thanks for talking to me for so long. I hope that this I wanted to bring it all back because I hope that this conversation was helpful to you. I know that there was a I know that there was a central thing that you wanted to talk about that we have veered far away from and so I just wanted to ask you if, like if there was a particular thing that you wanted to talk to me about, I guess, and if if you feel as though we've covered that thing, or if there's any other aspect of any of this that you wanted.
Speaker 3: To knock like the same the advice you've given me today, Like it's ultimately similar to the majority of advice I've been given to I've been given by you know, my friends and other people I've talked to about this stuff. And it's like, ultimately it's like, I guess the main reason I call it is man, It's like, you know, it's like, you know what, I want to keep talking more to people because I don't really get these I don't feel like I don't get much of these opportunities good or at least, you know, I was like, maybe let me keep talking to people, see if, like if maybe I will get another answer and maybe I'll get a different point of view that I'm maybe even I'm missing here. It's like again, it's like I want to keep my eyes or my mind open to other ideas, but ultimately, like I guess, be smart with how I move because the whole met like, you know, not moving in with my girlfriend for like a whole year's time that after she's moved out is just again just me. One one can sure that our relationship is gonna last, because I mean, I mean, long distant relationships are really hard. But also it's like, you know, I want to see, like, you know, are you gonna be okay? Am I gonna be okay when we finally move over there when I when I finally Like the financial issue isn't really not a poem. I'm not you know, in debt or nothing like that. It's just you know, I want to see where seam are seam where.
Speaker 1: Two things before we go.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: One, I'm very glad. I'm very glad that it sounds as though you're it sounds like this is me playing fucking armchair therapist here. But you mentioned not being able to express yourself that much when you were like a kid, and I'm very glad that you are comfortable expressing yourself now. But also, two, don't don't kill yourself with your brain, man, because you're Yeah, I know you said it's just because of the podcast, but you I can, I can like feel your brain thinking a thousand thoughts a minute, and and and uh, I don't know, I don't know. I don't want to say calm down, but you know, don't uh, don't kill yourself with your brain.
Speaker 3: Don't overthink it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't overthink it.
Speaker 3: No, you're right man, No, I mean, I mean, yeah, you've only been talking to me for like twenty five minutes or whatever, like, but you hit me right on the nail. Yeah, Like I am an.
Speaker 1: Overthinker, Seymour, Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: This is actually the part I've actually been anticipating because, like I always like listening to people what they say at the end of this Yeah, uh, you mind if I have I hit it with.
Speaker 1: A joke, yes, say whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh, there with my bear with me because this kind of drags on.
Speaker 1: How long? Hold on? How long is this joke?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say at least a minute? All right, tell the joke, okay, Okay. So it's showing to in this class going on right now, and this little boy goes up at the front of the class and he says, I'm gonna show you all by dingling okay, okay, here. The teacher sends him to the principal's office. The principals ask him, you know, why are you here? He said, because I wanted to show my dingling. The principal sends him home. The parents ask him, why are you here? He said, because I wanted to show my dingaling. The parents send him outside. He gets hit by a car and dies. So the boy goes up to heaven. Yes, this is still going. The boy goes up to heaven and God asked him, why are you here? Because I wanted to show my dingling. God sends him to Hell, and then the devil asked him, why are you here because I wanted to show my dingling. The devil says, okay, we'll show me your dingaling. The boy pulls out a little bell for his pocket and goes have a good night.
Speaker 1: Yet, yeah you too. That's a very nice joke about.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's at first I was kind of appalled when Satan asked to see the little boy's penis, but then it's like, well, you know, he's Satan. Of course, Satan probably is a pedophile. I would not consider that out of character for Satan to want to see little boy penises. It seems that seems apt of him. Hey guys, it's Lyle here. I'm about to do some ad reads, but if you're a premium member of the podcast, you will not hear them. Premium members, or gek Legends, as I like to call them, get access to every episode of this podcast ad free. They also get bonus episodes, recordings for my live shows, members only streams, and they support my ability to keep doing this show for a long time, do it in cooler, more interesting places, and also eat food, which is important. If any of that sounds cool to you, you can go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com to become a gek Legend, or find the link in the episode description. All right, let's do some ads.
Speaker 4: All from violence?
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hi, what's your name? Violet Beauregard? From a Series of Unfortunate Events? How you doing? Wait? Ship? That's not? Is that from a Series of Unfortunate Events? Or is that Willie Wonka?
Speaker 4: No, it's.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not sure. Violet Beauregard, she's the one that likes to invent. No, wait, okay, there's a kid who likes to read and a kid who likes to invent stuff, the one that events or reads.
Speaker 4: She's the one that invents. She's the one with a little bow and out hat. Okay, yeah, this is insane. I've loved you for years.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks, Violet. Hell yeah, where we're in? Where in in England?
Speaker 3: That you call them from London?
Speaker 4: I felt pretty strange. You've never had anyone from London call you or England.
Speaker 1: I've talked to people from England before I did a show there. I did a show. I forget the name of the venue, but I did two shows there. They were really fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we've worked very well.
Speaker 2: A book.
Speaker 4: The next show you do in London?
Speaker 2: Really excited?
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, I'll come back over the pond soon. You can. You can bring you can bring one of your famous inventions and we'll talk about it on stage.
Speaker 4: I will try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, please. I was going to ask, so I thought you that's.
Speaker 4: Interesting because my brother has been smoking weed for a while now, and I think that it's become a problem.
Speaker 1: What define a problem?
Speaker 4: I think I think smoking weed can be like fun and also like anxiety, reducing to a certain degree. But I think the way in which he does it is sort of damaging.
Speaker 3: To him.
Speaker 4: I think that he essentially smokes too much weed, okay, And I was wondering because you talk about it quite openly. Sure if you think that too much weed can be smoked.
Speaker 1: Of course, yeah, of course. I mean it's crazy if you think there's no negative adverse effects to smoking weed. I mean, you're crazy. Of Course there's negative effects too, you know, inhaling shit into your lungs. It's not air, you know. And I'm not a doctor. I don't know shit, you know. I mean, maybe it's maybe it's not. Maybe it's maybe we's healthy for you. But if I had to make a bet on it, I would say the opposite. How old your brother.
Speaker 4: Young? Eighteen?
Speaker 1: He's eighteen, okay, does he have like goals for his life?
Speaker 4: I mean he's really clever that he.
Speaker 2: Has.
Speaker 4: The thing that like I take issue with is that he's really really intelligent. But because of weed, I think, and there's my opinion, probably not like everyone else's general opinion, but I think it's made him sort of less enthusiastic about doing well academically, if that makes sense, because I don't really know why, but I know Loweople smoke weed and they're normally not as sort of what's the word, like sort of just just lulled into a sense of not really caring about that academic success because of weed. But he has sort of doesn't care anymore. He just wants to sort of smoke weeds, sit in his room and play video games, which is fine, and I think that's completely fine. But I think he could achieve much more, which is why I'm worried. But I don't know if that's a cause for concern or anything. It's just he seems he's like pulled away from social interaction and he is really intelligent, but he just doesn't really seem like he wants to engage that anymore.
Speaker 3: Because of.
Speaker 1: M hm, how old are you me? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You I'm pretty four.
Speaker 1: Four okay, so you're you're You've got some years on the boy, he could say, does he does he?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you have agult? What's your relationship like with it with the boy?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I love the boy. I love him dearly, but I definitely am worried about him.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: I think that he doesn't like as most eighteen year olds, he doesn't really know who he is. And I'm not saying that LIE know who I am, but he really doesn't know who he is, and I think that he's trying to grasp the straws of that through weed and alcohol and sort of attention from other people. And I don't think I do you're healthy. But every time I say to him, maybe you should smoke less weed, he gets three defensive buy and or weed's actually great for you and like we actually look really healthy for you. And I don't really know how to say to him that weed can be great for you, but it also can have really sort of negative cos well.
Speaker 1: Also, he lives in London, so he's buying his weed from like clockwork orange looking guys instead of a store.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean a lot of people smoke weed in London, but a lot of that weed is probably not very good for you.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, look at the end of the day, when it comes to all things like this, where you know it's not you, it's your family or friends, it's like, do you tell him all these things? Do you tell them why you think you shouldn't smoke weed? Do you tell him like things beyond that, because he's because he can say like because like whatever medical thing he thinks or read and on a on Reddit or a podcast or whatever. Where he's like, oh, it's actually making me better, you can be like, well, we decide what the fuck are you doing with your life? You know, if it's it's it seems like it's making you lazy or or or from an outsider perspective, it doesn't seem like it's actually really helping you. Because look, I mean, I've been smoking weed super regularly since I was I mean, fuck, I guess for a decade now. But it did it, and it has had its bad effects, but it never really like messed with the uh main quest of of of my life, you know. So ye, for him, it's like he's got to have a main quest.
Speaker 4: Do you find that you, or like people around you smoke weed because you're anxious.
Speaker 1: I smoke weed because I'm anxious all the time. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think that's like probably the core of it for him, which makes me feel like worse for saying, oh, maybe you don't. But that's only because he's young. If he was older, I would think it was different. But I feel even worse being like, I can tell you're really anxious, and I can tell you're trying to offset that by making me because I know that helps, but it's having sort of adverse consequences that are making you active.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense, Yeah, of course. I mean especially when you're I mean if you're when you're eighteen and you don't really like know, you know, as you're talking about, as you're you're figuring out your life. I mean, it's a crazy anxious time, and I can totally see him being like, I just don't want to deal with this right fucking now, I'm going to get high.
Speaker 4: I think that's actually really like poorly really relatable for him. Like, I think his main issue is, like it's like the personally, I've always wanted to grow up and be older and like exist in the world. He's always sort of wanted to sort of revert back to being a child and like not exist in the big scary world and not be perceived, if.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 4: And I think that has a lot to do with his weed smoking. I think that's like common with a lot of boys as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you want to well, well, look, I mean it sounds like you're a good sister for caring this much about him and trying.
Speaker 4: This much, But I was just wondering, like from a weed smoker's perspective, if you had any advice or sort.
Speaker 1: Of have you Have you ever tried? You ever try weed?
Speaker 4: I have?
Speaker 2: I like, I liked it for a while, but.
Speaker 4: It never really sort of I was never really obsessed with that that this is lovely. This you feel quite sort of calm or relaxed. But I think also like one thing to note is that wherever you are, I'm not going to guess, but I imagine that generally in America weed is of a higher quality. In the UK, weed here is quite heavily filled with things that it probably shouldn't be, and it can actually make you much more anxious and paranoid than you probably should be. So a few times that's weird. Definitely, this is kind of scary and awful, which is probably not the experience you should have, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: I feel like smoking weed in London. It just makes you see everything like you're in Wallace and Gramat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, noclamation.
Speaker 1: Everyone's talking in British accents. It sounds scary.
Speaker 4: The British actions are in a sense.
Speaker 2: Really fight man.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, Violet. It's nice that you care that much about your brother. I hope he figures this stuff out. He's only eighteen too, you know. I mean, here's the thing about your brother too, And this is why I don't think you should be so worried. Is that your brother can like smoke weed and not do anything for like, for like a pretty long time without it being a ginormous problem. He's got about. Your brother's got about I'm gonna say I wouldn't even put a number on it. Maybe twelve of you. I don't know. Your brother's got several years ahead of him where he can do nothing and get high all day and like he's he's not gonna die, you know, right. I mean, it's not like he's addicted to heroin. If he was addicted to heroin, he would have less than twelve years, but much much less so, so you know, he's I think he's going to be Okay, I think you gotta let you gotta let this ship play out.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well you put my mind at ease.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Violet. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: I want to say, please try not to make fun of my British accent, and thank you so much for listening. And also don't worry about your weird family members doing their weird things, because.
Speaker 1: By weird, what doing my weird?
Speaker 4: I say that again, your strange, weird family members doing whatever they might be doing, they'll probably end up being okay.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Never ask your parents if they swing, because you won't want to know the answer. I'll talk to you later, Violet. Thank you for calling. Bye low bye, Violet. Ye make fun of your accent. I would never Oi would never, Oi would never never never Grommets, I've actually seen Wallace and Grommets. Grommet, Yes, Wallas, that did sound that didn't sound very British. All right, hello folks, it's Lyle here. That's the end of this episode. But get this. I'm releasing a bonus episode this week. That's right, an entire extra hour of the podcast that you can listen to. By becoming a premium member of Therapy Gecko over at therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Supercast subscribers get access to bonus episodes, They get a completely ad free podcast feed of the regular show, they get recordings from my live shows members only streams, and they help support my ability to continue doing this podcast. So here's a clip from this week's members only bonus episode. You said to your uncle tried to kill you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like so him and I never got along at all in my life, and he asked me to do a favor for him. So I did the favor for him, and he got pissed and went to go try to buy a gun to come kill.
Speaker 3: Me nice and spend good times.
Speaker 1: It's kind of crazy how easy it is to just, like, if you don't like somebody, you just get a gun and kill them. Isn't it like weird that it's that simple, that, like, if you really just decide that you don't like a guy, you can pretty easily go to a store, buy a gun, go to wherever the person is, and then shoot them in the face and then they die. That part. It's easy to do that, and then afterwards you go to jail forever. But it's pretty crazy you don't have this. It's not hard to kill somebody really that you don't like. If you want to hear this full conversation, you can sign up to become a premium member at therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com, or find the link in the episode description that's therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. All right, I have nothing else to say. Theraphy goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night. Therapy goes to Io's teaching you Cloud of your life. He's not ready. An expert