Speaker 1: Hey guys, No, it's supposed to be news today.
Speaker 2: We know that Saturday is your newsday, but there were so many trailers that we just had to get into them. So today you're getting an extra trailer bonanza, and tomorrow we will have news with a very exciting interview with the director of Eddington Ariasta.
Speaker 3: Big, Big trailer week. Let's start with Mortal Kombat two, the sequel to the latest form of combat movie. This one's starring Carl Urban as Johnny Cage, a kind of retired and washed up Johnny Cage.
Speaker 1: It looks so good. How do you feel about it?
Speaker 3: I'm more excited about this than I was about the first one, and this, yeah, looks like a better film from just judging from.
Speaker 2: The trailer, and so I think that what they learned from the first, which, as everybody knows, I love camp classic, they did not. They were not afraid to lean into the campiness of Mortal Kombat. The first one has great action, great gore, fun cast, but they did a classic kind of reboot thing where they introduced this new character, Cole, played by Lewis tan who is obviously a fantastic martial artist. He's an in the movie he's an MMA fighter, he has a daughter, that's why he goes to fight in the Mortal Kombat.
Speaker 1: But you know a lot of audiences were like.
Speaker 2: Well, we would have rather seen a character we already knew, blah blah blah. So it seems like what they've basically done here is they're essentially doing the kind of Evil Dead two version where you basically do sort of a remake ish for your sequel with a new and you have your new in character here, who's cart Urban playing Johnny Cage kind of as like a Van Dam in the Zeros like things of quiet and down for him, but he still can fight. And the really fun thing here is he does not have powers. Whereas Cole realized he had powers, he could kind of manifest the magic of the Mortal Kombat realm. But here we see Johnny basically going in and being like what the fuck and also still being able to really do some cool fights. Lots of Van Dam references here. We see him doing like the flying bird kicks and stuff spin kicks. I mean, it looks so good. Also, I am really excited because, as you all know, I love Tati Gabrielle, and she is in this as Jade, I'd somehow missed that casting.
Speaker 1: You have lu Kang.
Speaker 2: We've confirmed that he will be returning after being killed, which is amazing because the kid who plays lu Kang is actually one of the students of Jackie Chan who studied in his school from when he was a kid to become part of Jackie's stunt team, and the first movie when he was in it as lu Kang was his first kind of big, non Jackie Chang connected role.
Speaker 1: So I have a lot of love for this cast.
Speaker 2: Fanta see Sonya Blade Back, Fantasy Jack's Back, and I just think that is going to be a great addition. This movie actually did. The first movie did incredibly well, even though it was a day and date release. It is still, if I'm not mistaken, the most successful original HBO movie that they.
Speaker 1: Have ever put on.
Speaker 2: And also it made like fifty million dollars at the cinema during half lockdown, so it was a big deal. The fandom is there, the games are great. It is made by Warner Brothers who own nether Realm now and they work really closely with ed Boone and the people who created.
Speaker 1: More Aal Kombat.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you got legends like Hira Yuki sonatas in there. You also have it's a it's actually great for you if you are a Shogun fan because here are Yuki is in it. But we also have the star of Ichi the Killer, my number one love, who was fantastic and recently won a really really great Emmy and well deserved Emmy for Shogun, which is Tadanabu Asano. I love him and he is here as This is really a legendary collection of martial artists. And if you haven't watched the first one, you can watch it on HBO now and get ready because I think the second one. I think this could be a blow up. It comes out in October, good for Halloween, good for horror times, good for fun, and it's gonna be in a cinema landscape that is totally different from when the first one came out. There's no day to date release. Now there's gonna be cinemas showing this all over the country. It's going to have a massive wide release, and I think it's going to be very interesting to see how it does, because this does feel like a franchise where every couple of years you could just make a new movie about a new character totally agree right, and it looks great. It looks fun and Colob and is really I think he does a great job, even just in this trailer, of differentiating the character from what we've come to expect from him as the butcher in The Boys.
Speaker 1: He is here, he's a lot more.
Speaker 2: Like kind of, he's very sassy, he's got a lot of jokes. He's kind of but we also see that he still has his fandom. I was really lucky that Warner Brothers actually sent me because they know I am a Mortal Kombat Superstan and I got to visit this actual set of the first.
Speaker 1: One in Adelaide.
Speaker 2: They sent me a box, and in the box was a real DVD of Johnny Cage's trailer.
Speaker 1: For his nineties movie.
Speaker 2: I believe it's uncaged t Yeah, they sent a real DVD, so they knew they are.
Speaker 1: They know their audience.
Speaker 2: This is their audience. It looks like fun. I love that they're going out of their way to kind of make it fun.
Speaker 1: I'll be interested.
Speaker 2: Hopefully they're going to have some kind of presence at San Diego. It feels like that would be a great place. And if you're just a classic more l Kombat lover of the nineties movie or the original games, you get those moments.
Speaker 1: We get Scorpion.
Speaker 2: Swinging his chains into sub Zero and saying finish it, you know, call me get over here, get over here, and you know, hrryu Ki Sanada definitely never said that line like that. Man is so softly spoken. Also, I would say the first movie, the opening twenty minutes are really really great kind of feudal Japan, history of sub Zero and Scorpion and how they became pitted against each other. So there is a lot of really cool stuff. Joe Taslam if you love the Raid, he plays sub Zero in this, so another legendary martial artist. Yeah, just really fun movie to check out. And I couldn't be more stoked after seeing this trailer. I agree with you, Jason. I think it looks better than the first one.
Speaker 3: It does up next Alien Earth trailer too. The FX series Alien Earth is coming and apparently won't use any CG for this nmore. If it's gonna be completely practical effects, I gotta say, we don't see it in the in the trailer, but I'm intrigued.
Speaker 2: I'm actually I love it. I love the focus on practical effects. We know that is what made the denim off. So it was a guy in a suit and it was a It has become an iconic creation, and you know it was brought to life originally by Billaji Bdejo, who was this kind of immensely tall, fantastic creature actor.
Speaker 1: And I love that this is what they say.
Speaker 2: They say the iconic creature was brought to life using only practical effects. The show's director of photography, Dana gonzalezuld you.
Speaker 3: Get a glimpse of it, kind of like peering around in case it's but they don't see the whole It's immobile. There's no movement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like it whenever anyone says we won't use any CG because the truth is, I just know that the reality of it is there's loads of incredible animators who are adding some like goo.
Speaker 1: Or something to the mouth.
Speaker 2: But maybe I'm wrong, and I would love to see a brilliant, beautiful xenomorph.
Speaker 1: Also very exciting. This show comes out August twelfth.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have some really cool alien Earth stuff going on at San Diego. And the thing I'm most interested in is that.
Speaker 1: This is a prequel.
Speaker 2: This is a prequel to the original Alien movie. It basically is set in twenty one twenty which the original movie is set in twenty one twenty two. So I'm really intrigued to see this world. We haven't seen it, you know. Ridley Scott went way further back for Prometheus, and he showed different timelines that we were.
Speaker 1: Not as close to.
Speaker 2: The movie basically either further ahead and slept further behind. So it's going to be really interesting to see how they kind of go to making it look like that retro futuristic technology. I think visually so far the trailer looks incredible. I'm most excited to see the Xenomorph brought to life. I also love the inherent corruption of Waylan Utani and kind of the pro worker notion of the first Alien movie, so I really hope that they bring some of that kind of grit and reality about it being about like working class people start working for this evil corporation and how the corporation's machinations kind of put people in danger. I think that's incredibly timely story right now, and also fingers crossed for those of us who do love a little bit of Prometheus and Covenant, maybe we'll get some connections there, because I was surprised by how much Alien Romulus actually did look to that. So I'm really excited for this show. Also, again just always bringing it up, it's Noah Hawley. He made he made Legion. You know, this is a show that people really really love and he has done a lot of great stuff, and I, yeah, I'm excited for it.
Speaker 3: Up next, tron Ares has released a trailer and it rips.
Speaker 2: It looks Oh my dad, how dare it looks so good? Incredible?
Speaker 3: This movie, incredible cast and this movie. Here's the log line. Tron Aries follows a highly sophisticated program Aries who is sent from the digital world into the real world on a dangerous mission, marking humankinds first encounter with AI beings. In this trailer, it's basically like, uh, it's kind of like Terminator in that technology has run a mark.
Speaker 2: But I'll come out of the digital world.
Speaker 3: The computer realm, into the real world realm and it looks quite good.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest, guys. I love the original tron No surprises there.
Speaker 1: Grew up on it.
Speaker 2: It's a masterpiece. If you go, I think on Disney Plus they have it If.
Speaker 1: Not, it's on YouTube.
Speaker 2: You can watch the documentary about how trom was made and how all of the light cycles, everything like that were hand painted onto the frames. It's one of the coolest things to see how that.
Speaker 1: Movie was made.
Speaker 2: I'm also a fan of Tron Legacy, incredible daft punk soundtrack. It struggles, as many Disney live action movies do from that time. It's over long, it doesn't necessarily lean into the best of the original movie, but there are great moments. This cast is crazy. Evan Peters, Gretley, Gillian Anderson, Hassan Minaj Okay, Jeff Bridges. Love to see him return. He was fantastic in the Legacy. Jody Turner Smith and Morebius. It's more, but you know what, it's more good time. Let him be more been. He seems like he's kind of like the villainous AI of the movie. I will allow you may have zero lines. Maybe it's like a Robert Patrick esque like terminated two situation, but he doesn't have that juice. But you know what, I want to see it. The trailer fucking rips. Now. I will say there had been another trailer and it was also good, but this trailer is like, I know they released this trailer to put it before the Fantastic four.
Speaker 1: Ye, this thing is gonna.
Speaker 2: Look unbelievable on the big screen. What are you most excited about in a for a Tron movie in twenty twenty five? Wow?
Speaker 3: What am I most excited about? I'm excited about I will be I'll be honest. I have a little trepidation about bringing the virtual world into the real world. What was always so fantastic and you know, immersive for my imagination was get It was watching people get sucked into that computer world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course and extreme as you're a kid to like be in the arcade world that you're playing, you know, so it's very fulfillment.
Speaker 3: So I'm eager to see, you know, Jeff Bridges appears to reprise his you know, is he Kevin Flynn, his original programmer character kind of rele who gets sucked into the computer world. Is he now like one of the main programs in the computer.
Speaker 2: In the and in the second there in the in Legacy. There's definitely like a question about that, And.
Speaker 3: For me that's the thing I am most I like, who is Jeff?
Speaker 1: Who's Javy? And what's also I like?
Speaker 2: I really like the way that they bring the digital world out where it's almost like this kind of like Tetris chasing you down the street, breaking up your ship. It looks really interesting. I'm yeah, let's see how it goes. Maybe maybe it's gonna be an unexpected little full hit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then finally Stranger Things five. Oh my god, it feels like it's been twenty five years since we since we began this journey.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm the old lady from Titanic, like it's been ninety years. That's like me thinking about when I was watching Stranger Things like nine years ago.
Speaker 3: And my I mean, eleven is fully married in real life and all the kids are like way taller than again, David has had like an entire marriage and divorced.
Speaker 2: At the time just between the last two seasons. Like, okay, so this is this here is all, but also not.
Speaker 1: I'll be there. I'm into it.
Speaker 3: I love these characters and I'm excited to see where the thing to me.
Speaker 2: Is like how do you feel? Like, how will it feel? And this is over for Netflix because this is gonna end a real interesting cycle. They will spin it off. This was Netflix's first surprise smash hit that just went absolutely crazy allowed them to be kind of merchandising in a way that they hadn't been merchandising before this. Abu made a great point. Abu said, Hey, I feel like nobody watched this show beyond season two. I didn't realize it was still running. You may feel like that, but I'm going to tell you some people watching people love this show. I used to cover this show at Noticed and this was like two weeks in advance, Like you are making a playlist of every song they used to have on Spotify so you can have that linked in your article. Because there are so many people who just deeply love this show. For a lot of people, this was their introduction to easter eggs. This was their introduction to kind of retro nostalgia in a way that worked for them. My nephew, who is a teenager sixteen, you know, grew up watching this show and just can't wait for it to come back. So for a lot of people, it's gonna be a big deal. My understanding is first batch of episodes of the final season they're going to premiere on November twenty sixth, so you're looking at holiday time and from what they've said, every episode will be a movie, which, first of all, I like that just then in that release them longer apart. I don't need to binge the movie. And then they're doing a second batch on Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they're gonna do it in two batches. I believe the previous season was in like three bats and this one is going.
Speaker 1: To have a fight.
Speaker 2: The finale is going to drop on New Year's Eve, so technically three drops. But I think my understanding is each one is kind of an hour and a half to two hour long movie, which will give them time to sort up out a lot of the I'm sure like leftover kind of threads that they have established because they made a show that was so popular. Now even the side characters are really popular and people are gonna want to know what happens with them. I mean, they're bringing in the big guns too, Like they have Linda Hamilton and they were like no, they were like, you want to see you want to see her. We're a big gun walking down a red little hallway. Yes I do. I love Linda Hamilton, I love Sarah Conny, I love Terminator. So they're definitely playing into that obviously they've got their child in time by Deep Purple. They've got to have an old song in the series. As we know, last series made a lot of money.
Speaker 1: For the icon.
Speaker 2: Kate Bush because of how much people loved Running Up the Hill.
Speaker 3: Was the star of that.
Speaker 2: He's the star of the last season. So I'm very interested. I'm sure the hot topic kids are going to be loving it. They'll have their T shirts on that Eddie Munson lovers are going to be asking where is he? Is he coming back? And let's see how it is to see all these old ass kids, like twenty five year old kids, fully fully adult kids like it is funny. This is one of those ultimate kind of streaming issues, especially stranger things. You could argue set up the kind of big delay between streaming seasons that we've come to expect. But I will say I support these kids. I love these kids. I think it must be crazy to be in this show. I got to visit the set for season three, which was in Atlanta in a massive mall. It was the mall season and it was honestly an incredible set and meeting the kids, I just really appreciated how tough it was for them to be in this show to try not to spoil it, to just kind of exist in this world where you have to basically have a secondary secret life, which is your career.
Speaker 1: And so I just hope it's really good for them.
Speaker 2: I hope it makes them. I hope it makes the kids a ton of money, and I hope it launches them into a new era of their careers.
Speaker 1: Think about something like Twilight.
Speaker 2: When that ended, no one would have imagined what could have happened within and with Robert and their incredible careers. And I hope, you know, for someone like Millie Bobby Brown, she has been very well looked after at Netflix. She's stayed in the Netflix stable. She's made a lot of streaming movies that Nola Holmes movies are wonderful. Damsels is funny and weird, but not necessarily putting her out there as the most talented best actress. I hope that maybe post this, her and the other kids are going to be able to go out there and do stuff. Obviously Maya Hawk doesn't need that help. She's always doing really interesting stuff.
Speaker 3: The guy who plays Steve's Steve's got a full flight music career. Joe as a fun oh Yeah, Joe.
Speaker 2: Kerey in a very very fun movie that I watched that was I did. I watched it ages ago, in one of those hilarious kind of hot like this is the kind of situation you get into when you're a journey a journalist. They send you the movie like months in advance and they're like, hey, we think you're gonna love this movie.
Speaker 1: Why don't you.
Speaker 2: Watch it and then you can interview Joe. And I watched it. It was called Spree. It's a Joe Kery as an uber driver who wants to get famous, so he starts killing people in his uber and it's really funny. It's really well done. He gets taken down by a badass female stand up comic.
Speaker 1: But then, like when I.
Speaker 2: Was like, cool, the movie's coming out, can I talk to Joe, they were like nah, And I was like, Okay, but at least this other movie, Like sure, and uh, it's really good. I recently rewatched it. It was just randomly streaming on Chubi. So he is definitely the one who I think so far, with the music career and the choices he's making, is reaching out to that Rob Pattinson weird space. But I'm hoping we'll get to see that even more with our kids. Also, Wow, I'm loving this so much that the More I was in, which by the way, was half still open and half at the back, they'd turn into the Stranger Things set because of they hadn't been able to find people in there, so they'd turned it into like an eighties more Orange Julius all that kind of stuff. That was super Producer commons what that was her child?
Speaker 1: Good mall?
Speaker 2: The one she grew up shopping at her child's psychiatrist office was inside of Hawkin's lap. Common, This is incredible. You are the true star of Stranger Things, babe. But yes, Stranger Things five, Are you guys excited for it? I gotta check in on the discord and see if the excitement and anticipation is there, because I feel like nine years in and five seasons in, this is gonna be an interesting one for Netflix, but it will probably blow up because it is still probably their best known show. Let's it for trailers, Trailer Bonanza, Woo Woo Movies TV shows.
Speaker 4: Oh My.
Speaker 3: X Ray Vision is hosted by Jason Concepcion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcast.
Speaker 2: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 3: Our supervising producer is Abu Safar.
Speaker 2: Our producers are Common, Laurent Dean Jonathan and Fay Wack.
Speaker 3: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 2: Special thanks to so Reuben, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi.
Speaker 1: Our discord moderator
Speaker 3: M