Speaker 1: Everything about this pressure.
Speaker 2: There's that one where the other person on the red carpet was like I met my partner through like an Ariana Grande fans and she was like.
Speaker 1: The hell oh arian wave her face like she goes the reaction. It was like, oh she looks concerned. Yeah, yeah, for sure. The power, the power.
Speaker 3: I wonder if there's ever been people who met via the zeitgeist.
Speaker 1: No doubt it.
Speaker 4: I met I met all of you through the zeit geist.
Speaker 1: I met Hey, there we go, andy, but have we launched my boyfriend? This is so funny. Me and my boyfriend met through Come Town.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I met Outam Friedland stand up show. I was like, it's so funny. And then you messaged me on on a dating app. It's like I saw you at the Adam Friedland show and I was like, oh he's got Yeah. I was like, oh, well, he's got to be an absolute freak, so we should say.
Speaker 3: Like not only to be there, but then to use that as the opening line.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was just funny because like anyone who's going to like open with that, it's like, okay, well we've already got like one very freak ass thing in common. Between us, so this should go well. We've been together for three years.
Speaker 3: So I saw you in downtown Cometown in the city center.
Speaker 5: I want to take care at the union protest outside of Cometown City Hall.
Speaker 1: We we were both in the picket line together.
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, sixty six, Episode two of I Guy.
Speaker 1: Stay production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 3: This is the podcast where we take a deep dab into America share consciousness. We do now have a YouTube channel YouTube dot com flash.
Speaker 1: Anytime I try and get under the U R. L.
Speaker 3: Fox Man at Daily Zeitge pod on YouTube, you can go check out me flubbing shit like this that I had to say dozens of times. Anyways, my name is It's Tuesday, November twenty sixth, twenty twenty four. It's almost thanksgaming man, I'm got one foot out the door. So yeah, this is the level of effort and execution you can expect from.
Speaker 1: Are you regressing because you're at your parents' house too?
Speaker 3: Like, yes, exactly, my mom, I've just been I've been sucking my thumb with a blankie in my.
Speaker 1: The whole day. Thumb looks like that. Oh good, what is it like that?
Speaker 2: What do you say Nation, November twenty sixth, is that we're doing, Yes, sir, because I say we're saying that's the day. Well, guess what it's. It's National Cake Day. So shout out cakes and all kinds of varieties and cakes.
Speaker 1: Hey, let them know, let them know.
Speaker 2: It's time to celebrate the yeeks or the baked good.
Speaker 1: Up to you, Up to you.
Speaker 3: My name is Jack O'Brien aka mashed potatoes O'Brien because it's almost Thanksgiving and potatoes O'Brien is a dish that sometimes go by that one courtesy of the Frequent News Ghost and Paul Garaventa on the discord a collabo on that one. I'm thrilled to be joined as always buy my co host mister Miles.
Speaker 2: Grass Miles Gray just keeping it real simple.
Speaker 1: You know, if your potatoes O'Brien, I'm miles of gravy because I love the gravy. That's how it is. Again you already know that's Peg and the Frequent News Ghost. I'm I'm I'm looking forward to the amount of gravy I'm gonna eat.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna just drink it out of an espresso cup, like just on the side, like you know what, just having one another, one another, one another one that is what it is referring.
Speaker 1: To and heard congestion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like some people might have been confused how the frequent News Ghost and Paul Garaventa collabored on three word a K when I did it, But there it is. It's because we also had it was a group, it was a team AKA shout out to y'all, Miles. We're thrilled to be joined in our third and fourth by two of our favorite guests, a podcast producer and a musician who hosted the Great Beauty Translated podcast celebrating the trans experience and having a lot of fun along the way. Please welcome Carmen larn and Janey Danger.
Speaker 1: Cobbler. Zachi R.
Speaker 5: Coppler, you're kind of channeling like like an auction crier at the beginning, there.
Speaker 4: A very coveted scale that you have to like go to school to learn how to do that.
Speaker 5: Like that's like a fast like buster rhymes could probably be good out of Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't any time, I know you can tell my t ain't about Yeah.
Speaker 5: Maybe now that there's no like space for them in like popular music scene because of all the freaking mumble rap.
Speaker 1: Maybe they could. They're all working as an auction.
Speaker 2: Crist is so hard to like process in the year of Our Lord's twenty twenty four now, Like he did a video recently on his social media where he was clearly just somewhere where there was like a parked helicopter and he had like an empty suitcase and he like hopped off the rail.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, I just got off the helicopter and You're like, the nothing's moving. The door is shut and locked. Bro.
Speaker 2: I could tell that case is so light. I'm like, why are we still doing this? Are not a helicopter. He's not allowed to be on that helicig. No, No security.
Speaker 1: Is being dispatched immediately. He's like the one security guard. Good thing, he's quickly. I love your album Extre Extinction level event, bro, Yeah, yeah, go ahead, you can hop on there.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: There's like a guy. It's like a guy in a control center like, yo, yeah, it's Buster Rhymes. You've got to stop it, like it I'm sure it's him, Like yeah, multiple incidences.
Speaker 3: Now, all the hellip heads across New York City just have pictures of Buster Rhymes.
Speaker 2: He's off yeah, he's always got to have a duffel on him, just to pretend if you want to stunt, like.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's a park limitsye, let me pretend I got out. Hey, we'll sup, just got out the limbo. Do you have anything? After the preamble was just like, hey, you know, it's me anywhere to get what happened.
Speaker 2: I think everyone just kind of was so bummed out by the action of just jumping out of like pretend like you can almost feel like the camera guy gonna be like and go.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, just it was so janky that yeah, just everyone just is bummed out.
Speaker 1: Didn't even hear the words. So yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, anyways, helicopters are crazy, right, That's what he says.
Speaker 1: And about one, yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't believe those things can fly. Anyways, Carmen Janey, we're thrilled to have you. We're going to get to know you both a little bit better in a moment. First, a few of the things that we're going to be talking about today, we're going to be talking about We're going to just continue to take a little peek into how the Democrats are doing. Have they learned anything yet from this past election. Are they learning the right things? You'll you'll be completely unsurprised by the answer. And we'll of course talk about Ebenezer Scrooge's grave being created.
Speaker 1: He was a real person. I don't yeh, I need that to be real. I he was McDuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, regard he actually tried jumped into the coins from too high up.
Speaker 1: And broken that. Yeah, red misted.
Speaker 5: There was there was another there was another trans uh, Scrooge mcdock who swam through the coins faster and it was a big It was a big.
Speaker 4: Candle to get banned from a trans from money circus for us, Scrooge McDuck.
Speaker 3: All right, Before we get to any of that bullshit, we do like to ask our guests, Carmen Jane, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are? Carmen, I will start with you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, my search history this week is actually quite boring. And normally I'm searching some cool ship. But I've just had three weeks ago. I'm going to talk about it, and I underrated. I just had a full f FS on my face facial feminization surgery, and I don't like to google these things.
Speaker 1: Before.
Speaker 4: I mean I do, I still do. I just forget about I forget about cold. Yeah, I like to go in cold. But now that I've had everything done, I'm like googling each of the procedures. I like to read the surgery notes that are in like my my chart app and I also like to google things to figure out what is what. And I'm just looking at diagrams of like endoscopic brow lifts, pipe three four head reconstruction, write open rhinoplasty. I'm like really obsessed with what they were doing to me while I was under.
Speaker 3: So congratulations three weeks later.
Speaker 1: That's wild. Yeah I never looked that bad.
Speaker 4: Actually it was all thanks to pineapple juice and arnica. So drink your pineapple juice, take your It does not make your com taste better, you know it.
Speaker 1: Kind of does.
Speaker 5: I'm a truth about this. Just hates pineapple, just hateapples. Oh really doesn't make it ice better. The only thing that makes your com taste better is a beef burg and yawn is supposed to help with bruising and swelling as well as the arnica. So I like did a double a double whammy.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, yeah, and I was only bruised for about a week, so pretty good.
Speaker 1: Oh that is that the where'd you get that cup from that looked like a hospital?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: This is from my This is my little souvenir I stole from the hospital university.
Speaker 1: That's like, I love, I love a hospital ice cup. It's been big.
Speaker 3: That cup was designed to hold ice chips.
Speaker 4: Yes, so yeah, I took it with me. I shout out to Emory. They really got me together.
Speaker 1: They're quite nice.
Speaker 5: I got a sire that would be good for like barts and like making like a like a mint jewelip, like something that needs like like crumbly ice.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah he goes in the hospital cup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you call it the hospital or you don't walk around the hospital drinking a mint jewel Look like I'm at the Kentucky Derby. I'm like facinating on who's gonna die, like standing outside the hospital room like like within myself with like a like a brochure.
Speaker 1: Come on, yeah right, he's flat lining. Come on, they save somebody's life, all right. They're throwing.
Speaker 5: Stop the county, stop the cout keeping the nurses from going in.
Speaker 1: They're like, no, I got a lot of money on this. Something from your search history. Oh, you know, my search history was kind of boring. That's always funny.
Speaker 5: It's like always like the same kind of like looking up like I don't know, like how to find like an item in Dark Souls or something, but like something kind of interesting. I don't know if I want to go too far into it because it's a lot and it's insane. But you mentioned the like since Ariana Grande has been like in the news so much lately, it reminded me of this like very strange coincidence. If you google the words death Grips, like the bands Death Grips, like the Experimental Wrap Trio and Ariana Grande, there's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of insane like MASHs. Maybe maybe there's not. No, it's it's darker than that.
Speaker 5: It's like a numerological like there's this very insane correlation between the band Death Grips releasing their album Steroids and the like bombing that happened in at.
Speaker 1: A Manchester like Ariana Grande concert.
Speaker 5: Where the album was released on five, twenty two seventeen and its length is twenty two minutes and thirty one seconds that the bombing occurred on.
Speaker 1: Really wow, what do you want to do with it? Where were you? Yeah, like I was, as I fucking told you. I told Janey, what did I tell you?
Speaker 5: I'm so should I should have just talked about how to find the symbol of avarice and dark souls one.
Speaker 1: There you go. There, that's why. Too deep. Yeah, the amount of things I'm seeing on Reddit already, I'm like, yeah, are you looking it up? It is like I don't know, it's not I don't like, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about this earlier this week with the U Did y'all talk about the Joe Rogan.
Speaker 1: Believes in dragons kind of story that happened? Oh no, my god. No.
Speaker 5: So it was like a thing on the View where one of those girls said, like, Joe Rogan someone who believes in dragons. And I'm not a Joe Rogan fan, but the clip they were talking about it kind of caused like a flare up on like Twitter and stuff. And the clip they were talking about was from like twenty nineteen, when Joe Rogan was still like a little bit like more on the more lighthearted, just like talking about like.
Speaker 1: You know, a monkey's really strong, you can rip your face off.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's like a it's like a hypothetical like what if like dragons were real, and like it's just a more kind of fun conspiracy. It's a thing that makes you go hmm, as opposed to something that like you just like lose your mind and you know, end up doing like devastating things about So. I don't know, I just thought, I just think it's a very interesting set of insane coincidences that it's interesting.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but that's interesting.
Speaker 1: That's interesting, asking just asking some questions.
Speaker 3: If there's any anything other than interesting, Yeah.
Speaker 5: If there's any if there's any Death Grips fans as listeners, I bet they would. They're probably a little weird as it is. They would probably get a bit of a bit, a bit of a hum out of this, or they'll lose their mind, or they'll be like, this is talking directly to me.
Speaker 1: There's a very.
Speaker 3: Specific group of people who were arguing that Kendrick Lamaran father John Misty or somehow cosmically linked. Yeah, because albums at the same time that is supposedly that is.
Speaker 1: Really really weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, especially with this new one, because no one knew this Kendrick Lamar album is coming out and Father Josh till maybe he did, maybe that I haven't paid the attention to Father John Mistis in a while, but I do like the new album.
Speaker 1: It's very pretty.
Speaker 3: You play the Kendrick Lamar back album backwards and it's just.
Speaker 1: Somehow.
Speaker 5: Another another fun one like that is the like David Bowie Kanye West one.
Speaker 1: Do you guys know about that? I don't know. It's like that.
Speaker 5: If you look at the cover of Uh start us the street, Yeah, the street he's standing on is k I remember this?
Speaker 1: The story is kind of like that.
Speaker 5: The person that that Ziggy starred us or the person that David Bowie is singing about who's like a rock star who comes down to save the world and is like a genre defining artist is Kanye West.
Speaker 1: I feel like we can probably put that one to bed by.
Speaker 6: Everything about that checks out one unless unless what David Billy meant was that like he's going to become like an evil hit Larry and figure with the way that maybe and.
Speaker 1: It can restore balance to the force, you know, and trains around on time thank you.
Speaker 3: Saying don't sleep on Kanye West is the savior of humanity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, he's doing great. Things for doing nitrous it's the best that we've heard.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that unless the Starman was it in the lyrics that he would just be off NAS all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: I think that you hear that and stuff forget said, right, Yeah, I think that's what about this, Like.
Speaker 1: Does NAS have a mute? Not NAS the rapper, but like NAS the drink.
Speaker 3: Does it have like a musical esthetic, like the way that you know, like psychedelic.
Speaker 5: Rock, because the only people that I knew who drank NOS were people that like just got out of rehab, like nitrous oxide. You're talking about the energy drink, No, I mean.
Speaker 1: Almost definitely a reference to I think that the energy drink.
Speaker 5: I could be wrong on this, but I think it's brewed with nitrous like Guinness sort of.
Speaker 1: I could be me, but it might be. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Nitrous is having a moment though, because like galaxy gas, which is like a legal way to do it, and it's very weird like even Yeah, I don't know how much I've talked about my like junkie past, but like like a long time ago, I was a very different bad person and even when I was like doing like Heroin and Ship, I would see people like huffing things and I'd be like, oh no, that can kill you.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 5: You guys are you guys are crazy right nowthing about inhaling something like I don't know, I have like an old, big giant balloon.
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe just because I'm asthmatic and I'm afraid that like if I breathe something in for too long, it's like, oh, it's game over and I can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you said for an actual sound, the closest I would say is like, there is a Tame and Polo track called Nangs, which it's like slang for nitrous oxide, and the sound is like there's like a sort of robbing yeah, like wobbly keyboard in it that I mean, yeah, that sort of replicates the feeling.
Speaker 1: But I guess I don't know. It's hard to be like, dude, they're there. You can tell they're so like artistic because of the Nangs.
Speaker 5: There's also the new Little Uzivert album where allegedly there's a song where he like rips a galaxy gas rip like in the middle of the song. Oh God, even amongst like Uzzivert fans.
Speaker 1: People don't like it. People are bad after that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a thing I associate with productivity of any sort, no artistic.
Speaker 5: I've always been a skeptic when people are like, oh, the Beatles made good albums because of psychedelics, It's like, no, they made good albums because they were creative.
Speaker 1: They're kind of just like at writing.
Speaker 5: That's not that's not how you can take all the psychedelics you want. It's not gonna make you make abby right right, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can point you in the direction of some people who are cooked off ashida. People put a little in front of them and they ain't doing shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, yeah I don't. I couldn't imagine Nitrius doing any better.
Speaker 2: No, I mean because if you think about it, at least, like with psychedelics, people are like I can kind of see them looking at things different. You talk to somebody off the gas or like, iint nothing happening in there that's worth talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's uh this PSA brought to you by the Dailies.
Speaker 1: I think let's take a phone dog on the phone to stay in my high school. Bro, we hit big ass balloon.
Speaker 7: We're like, all right, yeah, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back and we're back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it is time press ask you both, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Janey, you want to kick us off? This underrated? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, So this is another another one I've just been kind of thinking about a lot lately as we like further like dispend descend into like horrific fascism. But I really I really hate these people. I really hate like the world right now. I really hate a lot of things. But one thing that is really kind of like just sticking with me, that has stuck with me, like since the election is seeing all of these like tasteless losers like gloating and being happy and you know not I would never, by any means hand it to the Nazis, but the Italians had some style, you know, they had some some swag.
Speaker 1: You know. In fact, I think if I remember my history correctly, they were only in it for the suits. These people.
Speaker 5: Like seeing these motherfuckers like be like, oh my god, church is so aesthetic to going, Like having a family is so base, Like all these like boring just boring signifiers of like white Protestant Christianity and touting it as this like aesthetic standard of like beauty.
Speaker 1: It's like what happened to taste?
Speaker 5: Like what happened to like I don't know, like I seem to maybe like I'm retconning this in my mind, but like I seem to remember like evil fascists had some form of like I don't know, like taste like like salo like like they were like I don't know, like they were they had they had some kind of evil elegance to them. But I guess it's just like distinctly American that like our form of fascism is like.
Speaker 1: They're making beef tellow come back to McDonald's.
Speaker 4: It's so gross me theer I use as beefcallow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but is actually it's just so gross.
Speaker 3: Like I maybe we were cool after all all along because president because we're in power the thing that's always cool, right, I don't I don't understand the theory that they they're like we won the guy we like won the presidential election, and therefore maybe we were cool. Right, that's presidents aren't cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It also it also ties them with the whole like people like being like the whole kind of push to make conservatism seem like countercultural, seem like punk rock and stuff. It's like, yeah, well now you control every chamber of government. How fucking punk rock is that? Like how rage against the Machine is that? Dude, Like it's it's fucking ridiculous. Like it's just these people make no good art, no good music, no good nothing, and they get to walk around like they're like the symbols of like aesthetic beauty, and I hate it.
Speaker 3: It makes me so Yeah, I heard somebody you bring this up. I forget who it was, but I do, Like I'm I'm not gonna listen, but who I want somebody to listen to their podcasts once Trump is in off, Like what are they They're gonna just be like, man, the president is cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah yeah. It Also another weird thing is how like all these like especially if you're like still like on Twitter, like all of these like right wing accounts like to use like AI, which is like I thought you guys were the ones that had like bronze age statues as like your avatars and being like this is like peak like blah blah blah. It's like but now you're all like proudly touting like AI slop like it's it's ugly. Every everything is ugly, and it's I just hate it. I hate not that like fascism would be better if it was pretty, So it's for the record, it would still be horrible.
Speaker 1: Sure, but they're not even bothering with that part.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think that's what is that we're not even bothering with Like, yeah, it's just everything's ugly.
Speaker 1: Everything is a mara fat and gross and I hate it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like when history books look back on this period of fascism, it's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be like, wait, how did they fall for this shit? It looks so awful? I know, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not it's who made the quote about like we couldn't like destroy any American cultural landmark because their cultural landmarks are like McDonald's and SpongeBob.
Speaker 3: You know, we spread them out like oxygen. Try and take us down, try and take it. Yeah, And isn't that what's cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, if they if they, if we don't get the beef's sallow backs, the terrorists one, that's right, right exactly.
Speaker 1: Carmen was something you thinks underrated?
Speaker 4: Oh I think getting your whole face done is so underrated. And this is for assist people too. If you if you don't like something about your face, go and see a plastic surgeon.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 4: Now, granted, mine was covered by insurance and it did cost two hundred thousand dollars for the insurance, not for me, but I got a ten hour surgery on the day before election day, and Janie came and visited me in the hospitals. But the day with me in the hospital in fact on election day, and it was just a great time. I loved getting surgery. I love being in the hospital. I you know, it's great. And I'm the.
Speaker 1: One person who had a good election day. Yeah. Wow, horrible election day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will say I was watching from my bed in the hospital and I was like, you know what this is.
Speaker 1: This fucking sucks.
Speaker 4: And I quickly emailed my uh my other surgeon to schedule my fucking breast augmentation.
Speaker 5: So I was trying to make her feel better too, Like I was like, I brought her some soup, like we were hanging out. She was like a little worried about it. I was like, you know, I think it's going to be close. And this was my opinion for a long time, Like, I think it's going to be really close, but I think she'll eke it out at the end. I even had a kind of fun theory in my head that maybe the Democrats would lose the popular vote. But when the Electoral College obviously none of this, none of this came to be. But I felt like bad because, like I she I lied to her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I told her everything was going to.
Speaker 5: Be okay, and I was just like, I don't know. I felt bad because I pay attention to this stuff, and I like, I mean not saying Carmen does it, but like all of my people that I knew, I was trying.
Speaker 1: To like reassure them, like, look, I think she'll eak it out.
Speaker 5: I think it's gonna be okay, right, And I was not really wrong.
Speaker 1: Came down the road for a couple more years. Literally, it's gonna be fine. Guys.
Speaker 3: Trump was so cool the first time was everything.
Speaker 1: He was so dumb. He was so dumb he couldn't even do nothing. Oh my god, Late night is about to get so funny punk rock.
Speaker 5: We're about to get another American idiot, guys, Like, I want to say real quick, I spent election night playing a board game called Storm the Capitol with my bandmates. We were supposed to be practicing, but I was like, guys, I'm too distracted.
Speaker 1: Can we just play this board game? And it's a board game like by J six No it was it was made by.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it was made by like ironic, like lefty like podcaster type. It's a very fun board game. It shouts out to the Storm the Capitol board game. You play it's like the Capitol Police versus. It's like it's like an insurrection monopoly mixed with like a Magic the Gathering type combat system.
Speaker 1: It's really fun.
Speaker 2: Like, so, then are you as Capitol Police like faced with like a card. It's like do you acknowledge your inner inclinations to support these people and look the other way?
Speaker 1: Or do you do your job? No, it's more like it with Biked Alaska. I have.
Speaker 5: Like the Capitol Police is like the Dungeon Master kind of and you control like three different police officers and then everyone else is like the the insurrectionists and they have to go through flipping desks to find ballats, and once they find enough ballots, they have to get to the Great Rotunda, climb onto the roof and go and meet President Trump for his victory and I'm trying to stop that, and you get like card. There's like event cards where you have to like sing the national anthem and its entirety. There's one that's like a fuck Mary kill type thing. The event cards are really fun.
Speaker 1: It's really fun and it's entirety. Like with the slavery verses, I don't know, we don't know about that.
Speaker 5: As the dungeon master, when I did that, I well, my friend didn't know the national anthem, so I don't think he would have known the I don't think he would have known.
Speaker 1: The remix of it.
Speaker 2: No, you just feel like that would be like the deep cut of that game. It's like, no, the full version.
Speaker 5: Well, if you're playing as Capitol Police, you can. You have free will to throw in things like that if you want.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's going to be it's gonna have the same evolution as the game Monopoly, where like Monopoly started as a satire of capitalism, now it's just like, well, yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it would be funny seeing conservatives like they're in prison playing Startle.
Speaker 3: Together bought by Parker Brothers. There's nothing like the real thing. What is something Carmen that you think is overrated.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think it's going to come to any anyone's surprise. But the US, the US sucks. I went on I left the country for the first time in October. I went two miles of homeland of age Japan.
Speaker 1: I might have to go back with my mom, who knows based on what Trump does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, do it because you can buy a really nice house in Japan for not much money, which is pretty great. But I'm a total wiaboo now because they fucking blew my mind with the public transportation over there. Imagine that every city has inner city transportation on a train that comes like every two minutes. And imagine that you could get on a bullet train and go fucking anywhere you want to in the country. And imagine that the trains don't smell like piss because.
Speaker 3: They smell like poohto Galaxy Ga.
Speaker 1: Flavor Galaxy.
Speaker 4: But imagine that every train station is a fucking mall with public restrooms and like shops and like lockers and all of this shit. I'm just like, wow, they are like in the year like four thousand and twenty four.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're You're describing so many sci fi universes that I've seen, and it's just like, nah, we just went to Japan and like show Joe what looks like and you.
Speaker 2: Guys are like wow on the train platform.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, imagine if we fucking cared enough about our own people to do public transportation right like that, it would never happen.
Speaker 1: They get to be a fascist country too.
Speaker 4: They I was actually there during the political uh, like when the election campaign was kicking off, so I saw a bunch of like stump speeches and some of them sound I obviously didn't know what they were saying, but the the tenor was yes, and I know that they do have very nationalists like politics.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's like even for me, like I love being in Japan, but like there's still that part where like I'm not really considered Japanese, like broadly in through the eyes of like traditional Japanese culture, which fucking sucks because I speak Japanese fluently without an accent and people are like, where'd you learn how to talk like that? And I'm always like, because I'm Japanese, right, You're.
Speaker 5: Like the uh you know those YouTube videos where it's like white boy goes to Chinese village, speaks fluent.
Speaker 1: Mandara, and locals like, how'd you do that? Brown skin? And I'm like my mother.
Speaker 4: I had several moments where they made fun of me for because I tried to speak as much Japanese as I possibly could, because I understood that like that's the most one of the most respectful things that you can do, and I, you know, tried to follow like the customs and stuff as best I could. But one time, you know, I was like, Ohio, because I'm you know, like to the like attendant at the seven eleven, and then the guy, the Japanese guy who came after me was like, good morning, and I was like, yeah, fun of me.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 5: I do the same thing when I'm practicing Spanish, Like when I'm like working somewhere like with a bunch of Spanish people, I'll well, I'll try to like practice my Spanish and they'll be like, oh no, it's okay, Like like I feel like the only way I could learn is if I was like had like a dialogue with someone, but no, like they just they don't. I guess it's not their emotional labor to teach me Spanish.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, yeah, No, I want to.
Speaker 1: I want to. I want to do it. I want to Kiero yo Kiaro to do it. You Carol my practice, carve me a spaniol. No, okay, I want to be like Denzel Washington and training day right right right, yeah, you want to be smooth with it. I get.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you, man, mad somebody smoke PCP.
Speaker 1: You never get a ride with Janey. Want you hit this real quick?
Speaker 3: Damn Carmen, I didn't know he got wet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, Carmen, that's galaxy.
Speaker 4: That's what she did on the day she came to visit me in the hospital.
Speaker 1: I ripped my face off. I was like, I gave you the bowl of soup. He has some super like oh ship, Carmen. I like to get wet like this soup. No. I walked in.
Speaker 5: I walked in there and probably the button that brings the nurse and I was like, she's in pain. I like took the percocets from her. I was like thanks. I walked out, like see you later, Karmen. Good luck with face.
Speaker 1: Janie. What's something he thinks overrated? Percocets and galaxy gas. No, I'll just kidding.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say I don't know if you'll talk about this yet, but Blue Sky is overrated. The Twitter alternative is overrated. And I'm only saying this because I will acknowledge it is a lot better than Twitter as a social media app because there's you know, you can log on see people do all the things Twitter does, and there's just like ninety nine percent less little hitler's running around and ruining everyone's day. But I see a lot of people make kind of like small bean posting about it, like.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so nice. It's so nice to have a little like safe pace.
Speaker 5: Like this, and it's making me feel crazy because have we not forgotten that, like social media is just like battle Like yeah, like the concept of social media is not good. Like every time every second you spend on it, you'd be better off suited, like reading a book or like like, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't doing anything else.
Speaker 3: This guy is health food. It's what I'm going to be doing instead of spending time with my children. Yeah, I George ti Kai's posts are fairly wholesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because AOC is here and she yeah, like it's just it's I don't want.
Speaker 3: To say it's I am on Blue Sky as an alternative to Twitter, but I also have the same It was in the running for my over age.
Speaker 1: I know you're going to say that yesterday. I remember that. Yeah wow.
Speaker 3: I just there's so much of it as like people being and I'm not siding with because I think like Nazis are also like coming and being like Blue Sky sucks. It's like an echo chamber. It's like, yeah, just spent forty four billion dollars making.
Speaker 1: Your own echo chamber.
Speaker 3: So like, but it does just like a lot of the content that gets surfaced is people talking about how good blue how good it feels to be on Blue Sky. Yeah, like bad enough, just like oh, this is what I would get on Twitter, except without the Nazis, which is what I'm there for.
Speaker 1: I think it's like the difference between like drowning in water and drowning in boiling water, where it's like Twitter felt like, oh drowning and boiling water is terrible. Yeah, so nice to be drowning in irregular water.
Speaker 5: High it's Doom's true. It makes me like, even before Elon Musk bought Twitter, you were having like these same people being like, oh another day on late Bird app hell sites. And it's like you were calling this a hell site before, Like now you have another hell site, like you have another Like the whole point of Twitter is just to like see things that make you kind of mad real quick, like to see things that make you like disagree, start conversations. And Blue Sky really isn't that much different. Like I mean, there's a lot of the fun things. There's a lot of people I like that are funny. It's a lot of funny jokes. Like social media can be like fun, and blue Sky has the legs for it to be like fun now that it has like people on it. But let's just not like kid ourselves, like social media is not like good and like making like another one that even though it's less you know, overtly hilary, and it's not really like good for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like well, And I think the.
Speaker 2: Other part too, is when you really think about it, Like I obviously once after the election, I'm like, a, right, this shit's fully cooked. But a lot of the thing too, I feel like there are a lot of like libs who were like don't want to face the Twitter reality of it, and they want to go to the Blue Sky version of whatever political reality that I want to be in. And because the moderation's better, they're interacting less with the posts that are like reminding them of like how terrible the campaign was and how it failed, and you can sort of surround yourself with like other.
Speaker 1: People been like, oh, I mean the Dems did pretty good man, for like you think about it with the Chenese great idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I mean like yeah, for me, I think the one good thing is like it does feel like if the people I talk to are who they are and it's moderated. But again that's a slippery slope because you excel you we look like a couple of years down the line, and inevitably it's going to have the same problems Twitter did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, quite, it is.
Speaker 5: It is like it does feel better, like I like as opposed to Twitter. It certainly does feel better not having like the blue checks, not having all the gimmick posts, not having as much AI slop, and not having to deal with again just millions of little fucking hitlers running around. But I mean, I don't know, I don't know how happy I should really be about that, Like, I don't know, Like, and also it's very concerning that like Twitter like one, Like it's very concerning that, like Elon Musk, like his like whole gambit like that he didn't even want to do to begin with that. He tried to wriggle his way out of that. It eventually worked. He turned it into a right wing media sphere. And I mean, I can't I'm not going to confidently say like that like swung the election in any way, but like it worked, you know, like it like all these other things like true social parlor, all those like conservative things didn't work. But buying Twitter and transforming it in the way that he did obviously had some kind of like net benefit.
Speaker 1: And that is a bit concerning. Like yeah, who's to.
Speaker 5: Say, like I don't know, someone else doesn't come along and do this to Facebook meta like Instagram, Like I don't know, China, please hold on to TikTok.
Speaker 1: We need you, President G. I'm still in line to vote for President G. Stay in life line. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like the tech billionaires might do it themselves. They might do it for like Mark Zuckerberg might not need.
Speaker 1: To sell exactly. That's what I'm saying. What it seems to just be. Damnit's actually pretty cool.
Speaker 2: He's just doing it so he can keep putting up his SoundCloud wrap tracks with t paint.
Speaker 1: That's all like Zuckerberg's does.
Speaker 2: Thanks be like, I don't want to do all that fast ship dude. I just kind of want to wear chains and kind of let y'all know. I'm I kind of low key wish I wish I was a black guy in college.
Speaker 5: Sad is it that we were supposed to get the like Elon Mark Zuckerberg fight that would have actually been like kind of fun and entertaining.
Speaker 1: To Jake Paul Mike Tyson fight. It's not too late, though.
Speaker 2: We are just in like open oligarchy now, So I think like maybe we're we as the you know, HOI POLLOI.
Speaker 1: We can we can maybe motivate them to fight each other to prove to us who we should follow.
Speaker 3: What happens to feel like Trump's version of Putin's oligarchy would be instead of like, God damn, these people have the slipperiest balconies at their uh at, they keep falling the fuck out, he would just have them like fight to the death for his entertainment and the octagon.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of on Netflix Gladiator glad Jator. Yes, gladiator. So all right, let's take another break. We're gonna come back and we will hit a couple of news stories. We'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back, and we're back, and we are back, and we just like to check in with the Democrats, see what lessons they are learning.
Speaker 1: I it's not been good. They well, the thing is they're cheating because they all get to be on TV.
Speaker 2: Because they on the TV, so then they're able to get all their bad takes off on TV, and then the Washington Posts and in the New York Times and all the other corporate captured media outlets, so we get the same bad lessons over and over. You know, there there was a you know, obviously, Bernie Sanders has been continuing to say like, hey, it's like regular working people that like need help and like just give it.
Speaker 1: Give help in a direct way, not to be like, what's that guy's fucking problem? I say, can we all agree? I mean this deal?
Speaker 2: Well, so then you have people like Dean Phillips who tried to you know, eventually challenge the you know, Biden run. But anyway, he said, quote, our product is not the real problem. Our packaging, our messengers and our distribution is a real problem.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's not the products, not the product of the product.
Speaker 2: Then I missed this, but on CNN right after the election, like a week after the election, Harris's former comms director basically did like the thing where they became like this sentient like a sentient coconut twitter tweet and then talked out loud on the television. This was his idea for what Joe Biden needs to do next, and it's shucking cool.
Speaker 1: Looking for That is my question. I'll start with you.
Speaker 8: Joe Biden has been a phenomenal president. He's lived up to so many of the promises he's made.
Speaker 1: Is one promise, Phil, Why is this dude talking like a fucking like an auctioneer the gas Yeah, debate club type thing. Yeah, let me hit you out with some bullshit. Next here, I'll let Jamal Simmons continue.
Speaker 8: Give for Phil being a transitional figure. He could resign the presidency in the next thirty days. Make Kamala Harris the president of the United States. Give it absolved from being able to from having to oversee the January sixth transition right of her of her own defeat and it would make sure that it would dominate the news at a point where Democrats have to learn drama. What I want to see is the time, this is the moment for us to change the entire perspective.
Speaker 2: Of how democrats And this is now jumped from an internet name to a Sunday morning.
Speaker 5: It's very it's very interesting that, like I thought, the whole time, it was like the Democrats are the adults in the room. The Democrats are like returning to sanity. And now it's like we need caddy bitchiness. We need we need the soap opera, Like I mean, we need.
Speaker 1: To copy the fascist homework.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what, I agree that we need to change the strategy obviously, but drama is not. We don't need House of Cards. We need to be playing the same sort of dirty games that Republicans are playing, just like when it.
Speaker 2: Gets you nothing, Yes, gets you nothing, But it's drama jack, And that's what the Democrats need.
Speaker 1: It's not to fight the status quo in public.
Speaker 2: It's to then just create side shows that distract people from class war and.
Speaker 1: Then and then we'll be okay.
Speaker 5: I'll say, if we could have like a leftist version of like Marjorie Taylor Green, who just like is always like instigating shit, like shit, I don't know that'd be interesting, like Marjorie Taylor Green like correct, like I meanly like spitting stuff. That's always like because Marjorie Taylor Green is like she's always in the news because she's always saying crazy provocative shit like I don't know, breaking rules. But yeah, the thing about the Democrats is they're not gonna have anyone that's gonna say any crazy provocative shit because their platform isn't provocative, it's boring.
Speaker 1: It would have to be somebody on the left.
Speaker 4: Even when Sarah McBride, you know, gets banned from using the restroom at the Capitol, her her response is just to be spineless. And I say, oh, well, we're just gonna We're just gonna, you know, I'm just gonna do what they say, and you know whatever. It's like, girl, you are making thirty five thousand, which is not even that much from APAC. Let them pay the fines. Is it not fines that you receive for breaking rules at the Capitol, Because Marjorie Taylor Green was getting like two thousand dollars fines like every day for not wearing a mask when the mask mandate was put in place.
Speaker 5: It's like, right, conservatives is generally have more money though, like they like that. Well yeah, that was a nice weave into that topic. By the way, Well this is the thing, right along with all of the stuff that you're like, what are they learning? You still keep the people are referencing this poll that came out from these this democratic consulting firm called Blueprint, where they're like, look, we did an exit we did we did some really thorough polling with swing state voters, and what we found is, quote, their top reason for not choosing Harris was a perception that she was quote focused more on cultural issues like transgender issues rather than helping the middle class. Again, it was the Republicans that ran on this, and if anything, the Democrats did a pretty decent job of pretending like they never.
Speaker 1: Heard of trans gender people during the campaign.
Speaker 2: So it's like, what is the lesson there, because it's not that the Democrats did this, but this is why now reflexibly, Democrats are like.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't want to get pulled into a culture war here that like, and then they're just gonna make it all about this.
Speaker 2: It's like it's not a culture war thing. We're talking about rights. And if you talk about it and defend it as rights, if you're you're there, it's hard for I mean, they'll continue to attack, but you don't have to fear what what the what the reaction is going to be if you're actually steadfasted and believing like no, this has to be defended.
Speaker 5: Andy Bushier is like a democratic governor of Kentucky and he won on a protrans ticket by being like, no, they're they're all children of God, and I love them and they're my constituents and I'm a fight for them just like I'll fight for anyone.
Speaker 1: It's like boom easy is that? Like what are you gonna do get them to say? Like they're not God's children, like they're they're not people like and as.
Speaker 5: Far as they're Sarah fucking as far as Sarah McBride is concerned, Like if like you can't fight for like your own, like, how are you gonna fight for anyone else? Like if I am a trans constituent of that I voted for like a trans person and like to be in Congress, and you're immediately like can't even like stick up for me?
Speaker 1: Like a little bit like the bathroom that's absurd, Like I'm not fucking voting for you. Again.
Speaker 2: I've seen a lot of people defend this by saying people need to stop attacking Sarah McBride and need to be focusing more on Nancy Mace or that, like she's not she's actually not caving, she's picking her battles.
Speaker 1: But I also I'm like, I don't know, like I don't know where the anger goes to.
Speaker 2: I think there should definitely go to other members of the Democratic Party in the House, for the very least, not sticking up for someone that is in their party and is on the other end of bullying. But yeah, I totally get though too, to sort of kind of take it, because the one takeaway you see sort of is the mainstreaming of this has been don't let the Republicans then pull us into another battle over transgender rights, and that's the thing we want to avoid.
Speaker 1: If I was that's not the lesson again.
Speaker 5: If I was Sarah McBride, I would just be like, why are we talking about where I'm peeing? Like are you fucking kidding me right now? Like that, like there's so much like immediately just pivot immediately, just pivot to every other single issue in the world that matters way more to people than where a congresswoman is peeing in the floors of Congress. That is absolutely ridiculous, And this has been happening.
Speaker 2: She's not the only she's not the first transgender person who's a bathroom in the capitol, right, yeah, real here, So.
Speaker 1: Like it's there were some on January sixth, I had to use the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Man, Oh I'm sure, yeah, yeah, So there were some that used that there was trans people in Nancy Pelosi's office, so taking beeing a carpet.
Speaker 2: When you look at this all though, too, it's like there was enough. There was an op beed in the Washington Post that was saying that the basically the crux of it was Biden needs to pardon Trump so America can like fully heel and unify. This came out on Monday, and then you have other people. I saw there's like another section where one of these opinion writers or like media reporters at the Washington Post as like like AMA basically with commentators, and this person got so upset when a reader asked, like what's going on, Like, you know, the The Washington Post feels like it's just employing quote GOP enablers and apologists.
Speaker 1: And this guy goes off like I.
Speaker 2: Completely disagree with that characterization of what's happening with the Washington Post.
Speaker 4: It's like the meme of the CIA agent like typing up like, right, Joe Biden needs to pardon Trump, so the.
Speaker 3: Okay, But see, these are conversations that we could not be having if he would just step down, bring Kamala in.
Speaker 1: Everybody be like whoa, and then we'd stop talking about how they just fucked up that election. And I don't think that is a funny idea.
Speaker 3: It really feels like that is the most kind of straightforward illustration I've seen yet of them just being like, well, why don't we be talking about anything except for what we just did and how we just ran that campaign? What about if we were talking about this, right, you.
Speaker 1: Know what else?
Speaker 5: This crazy little story from this week. I didn't like watch it, but there was like the interview with Bill Clinton, and it's like, I mean, I know Clinton like won some elections. I want to get to other things about him, but like it's just weird to me, how like all of these people like like CNN, like Dana Bash will be like interviewing people who have like never won anything in their lives and they get on there and they're like, well, here's what the Democrats need to do to win.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, this is what do we say? And also like.
Speaker 5: It's truly crazy to me how like they could have like hit Trump on like I don't know, being like friends with like Epstein or something, but they can't know when they're bringing They're wheeling Bill Clinton out everywhere to like like talk to him.
Speaker 2: And then like shape pro Palestinians like activists too at the same time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, thats and.
Speaker 4: Some merch with I'm speaking on it.
Speaker 1: The other thing. The other thing too is she lost to the working class.
Speaker 4: And you know, even Bill Clinton had a great appeal to the working class that she didn't have. And I think it's like due to this like old style of like well let's have Beyonce, you know, let's pay Oprah, let's pay like all these queen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, there was like don't I forgot who said it, But there was like someone on like CNN or something who was like, I don't know how we lost this. She had a great campaign Queen Latifa never endorses anyone, and Queen Latifa endorsed Comalu.
Speaker 2: Because it's such a flattening of like marginalized people and working people where it's just like, I don't know, like if we get a drag queen, that's an LGBTQ vote locked, Okay, do we get Queen Latifa that's black women vote locked?
Speaker 1: Can we get out know Bob the builder? Than great, that's the blue collar vote, construction worker vote.
Speaker 3: Reading all those abstractions instead of as people who because it's voting and know exactly what the fuck you're doing.
Speaker 1: Because you hear it.
Speaker 2: Like there have been other uh, like Congress people have been like, you know, we just got to listen to more. There are so many people who you know, on the streets telling us that we got to really be talking to the people on the streets here and what they're going to. It's like the fact that you're seeing this now you're like, WHOA, I guess, I guess there's people who actually know these quote unquote working people we always talk about as like a fantasy person. They're saying, we're all we're way off. That's weird, because I swear to God I used to work at McDonald's like forty seven years ago, right, but we stop work at McDonald's just a few months ago, So yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: And apparently there's a lot of people that thought that, Like, you know, a lot of people voted for Trump because they thought there was going to be more stimulus checks even just the optics of that, like why not, I don't know, why not just be like, there ain't gonna be anymore stuf melas checks, y'all vote for Kamala yea.
Speaker 2: Like they're lying because they want us to think. I mean, this is how like I think so many people are. They were you know, kind of trained through their media diet to either believe it or not or be like well who's paying for it or some version of that, to never be like, oh, that could be good for everyone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it took me like when they first did like the whole switcheroo, and there was like a lot of momentum and things were like actually like looking kind of good for like the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, things were looking pretty.
Speaker 5: They're looking pretty in her favor, And it took me a while to kind of like pinpoint like what they were doing because like after like the DNC was like when they really started like right wing pivoting, you know, talking about like immigrations, sounding like Republicans exactly.
Speaker 4: The most lethal military in the in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: If yeah, if trans people are out loud out of existence, I would follow with the law like stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like the I I feel like there was more strategy there than I realized, like I thought. I mean, one, I do think it is principled. I do think they are a right wing leaning party. But two, I think that the calculus was like the Democrats are there, like the people that all saw January sixth happen, They're not going to vote for Trump. All the people that voted Biden are going to vote for Kamala and then some because like it's just it, they just will like it's it's a lot. So they didn't need to do any type or they felt they didn't need to do any type of left.
Speaker 1: Word populous like capitulating.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why they started like employing all these like Republican tactics, being like, well, maybe we can poach off some of these Republican voters. And just like every single other time Democrats have ever fucking tried to do.
Speaker 1: This every single time, it didn't work. Those exist and those Republican voters don't exit.
Speaker 5: There was maybe and honestly, like looking back, what Trump said was legitimately a lot smarter because his popularity had also reached a ceiling. There's no one who like everyone has made up their mind on Trump like ten years ago, and the only people conceivably who would like be turned to vote for him is young people that listen to fuck that watched like Aiden Ross and don't really remember what twenty sixteen was like because they were watching Cocoa Melon. Yeah, and now like and I remember thinking at the time, like, I don't know if this will pay off. I don't know if these people will actually go out and vote, And they fucking did because like Kamala did not have like she had people she could have gained that she assumed were already in the bag, and Trump had people to gain that were easily swayable, and he went for the people that were easily slayable and they were easily swayed, Like, yeah, she needed to do it for the people who were easily slayable.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Rogan thing, I mean I feel like it gets it also ties into the central problem that I feel like her campaign had, which was that it it just seemed like they were saying whatever they needed to in the moment. They had no there was no there there. They were just saying whatever they needed to say in the moment. And she wasn't going to go on a like full long interview no matter how, whether it be with somebody who believes in dragons or not. And like, you know, she she just had to be guarded in that way. And I think that's like ultimating a.
Speaker 1: Terrible advice from her inner circle. You know, your brother in law is like has the uber boot down their throat. They're like, don't piss off the companies.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know if her going on Rogan would have helped, but I do think if Tim Wallas went on Rogan it would have helped.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think I think he would have been a much better life.
Speaker 4: I mean, she went on Call Call her Daddy. I spent like how much on the set alone, And.
Speaker 5: It's just like at the views on that, it is bad, Like not a lot of people have watched that, Like no, like way more people watch, Like especially if you take cumulatively, like Trump going on like Aiden Ross the Milk Boys, fucking Joe Rogan, like uh Logan Paul's podcast, Like if you.
Speaker 1: Take all of that, that's a lot of you, that's a lot of content.
Speaker 5: Like that's a lot of fucking people he's reaching and yeah, call her daddy just does not have the juice like that.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 5: And I don't I don't think if she went on Rogan it would have been I don't think that would have moved the needle because.
Speaker 2: Would have helped because I want Yeah, that's not that's not where that's not where you're gonna find your gains. Like to your point, Janey, the calculus was, we're we've definitely are going to turn off progressives and people to the left of the party, but we can we can wake up for that by like really digging into the status quote and then appealing to like these nicky Hayley fucking mystery voters. And they thought there was so much never Trumper stuff that those are the people that were on the table. They were not, And it was all again, it's because your your product is fundamentally flawed for the era that we're in, which is so many people are suffering, and all you did was make it seem like you were there for the status quo and that's all.
Speaker 1: Like that the perception of that was so damaging. Yeah, and yeah, I would.
Speaker 5: Be like even just the littlest bit charitable. I would say that one thing I kind of do understand. I don't care if this fixies sound like a lip is like January sixth, like that is crazy that he did that, and one like it really is crazy that like he fucking did that shit and then won the next selection like.
Speaker 4: The and then Biden is welcoming him in the opal often I like hanging.
Speaker 5: Out like it is crazy to me that like that was not an instantly disqualifying event for so many people. But I think the fact that it's not an instantly disqualifying thing for so many people is way more indicative of the Democratic Party and their messaging and how much they totally fucking suck and drop the ball than it is on But.
Speaker 2: They they spent so many months telling working people how stupid they are because they didn't realize how good the economy is, like they wasted so much oxygen tum like they got to know how good it comes, Like no it's not dude, you're you're not your Your metrics are so weird. It's good for people who own stock, it's not for good not good for people who are on wages.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing you're not anyway.
Speaker 2: So we'll see now though, well we'll see where where the toilet bowl takes us.
Speaker 1: But feel like they're.
Speaker 3: They still got a good answer come in. It's just they're a little confused right now. They've been spun around by the election. They're gonna come out and not not look like they just played spinny bet uh. Carmen Janey, what having both of you as always on the daily? Where can people find you?
Speaker 1: Guys? Follow you all that good stuff.
Speaker 4: I am on Instagram at the Carmen Laurent and I have a podcast called Diva Down Podcast. We rebranded from the last time I was on here. Janie's going to be my guest on Thursday, so tune in to hear Janie talk about how she was canceled by the amateur wrestling community.
Speaker 1: It's a tail it's a tail on to your seat for that one. Yeah, and that's it for me. What about you, Jane?
Speaker 5: You can find me on Twitter and Blue Sky at Wife Sucker and you can find me on Instagram at Janey Underscore Danger. Also Janie Danger dot com. If you want to look at some like merch and like other ship there.
Speaker 1: She's got some really cute merch. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: And most importantly, if I have any listeners in the New York City Brooklyn area, we are playing a show on December first at Heart Bar with Alex Walton and Holy Wisdom LLC. I'm so excited to be playing with Alex Walton. She's so proud of you, so fucking sick shouts out to her. We're very, very, very excited to be playing New York City for the first time. So if you're in the New York area and you've been wanting to see a Ji Danger show, it's gonna whip fucking ass. So please come out to Heartbar on December first to see that and stream East Atlanta Sober Yeah and stream my.
Speaker 1: Music Janie Danger, Jay and I Danger Danger. Is there worka media you'll enjoying?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Well, I heard y'all already talked about it, but it's the only thing I've been thinking about for a week now. It's the interview with Tracy Gilchrist of Out magazine and fucking Ariana Grande and Cynthia Arrivo. That is just like you know I heard I've lately I've been seeing on social media, I like, have it memorized by now you can do the whole TikTok like mouth like really with the computer in front of you. Yeah, people on social media have really been taken the lyrics from defying gravity and really holding space with that, and like Cynthia Revo is just like, oh my god, Wow, I didn't know that, like as it like as if holding space what that means?
Speaker 5: Really, yeah, I know what it's so I know what holding space means, and like, for lack of a better word, like woke terminology, I don't understand how it fits in this like I don't know. I guess I've been really I've been really holding space for the lyrics of Sister Fucker Part.
Speaker 1: One by I Hate God.
Speaker 5: I've been really holding space for the lyrics and cheerleader corpses by Pig Destroyer, Like.
Speaker 1: I I don't know what that means. It is so just my good uncanny exactly what I.
Speaker 3: Was hoping you would be doing, exactly what I wanted.
Speaker 4: And then Ariana Grande trying to manipulate Cynthia Revo into crying for the nine hundredth time on this press tour by grabbing her finger. She's like trying to grab her hand and just gets a finger. Yeah, I'm just like, I'm like Ariana Grande, everybody needs to eat a meal and be institutionalized because they look like they.
Speaker 5: Are at least put her in a dress that's like flattering, like she looks the dress is so big.
Speaker 1: She looks like David Byrne like, well, Cynthia hat is so big. I was like, what is the hat? I don't know. It's just very it's all. It's all, and talk about stop making sense.
Speaker 5: I did none of that, Like none of themedia.
Speaker 1: You've been enjoying. I really liked the movie and Noor, directed by Sean Baker.
Speaker 4: Some of that Erica Jane's song about her her wet, drippy pussy. Yeah, there's a there's a Slater needle drop in it.
Speaker 1: That's cool. There's a there's a we usually read like a tweet or something.
Speaker 5: There was one I saw yesterday that was like a British guy taking off my bra and being like, so, what's all this what's all this there?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 8: I like that?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm with Carmen that video of yeah, the Wicked Tour.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I'm in queer media, so that's my you.
Speaker 5: Know, Yeah, we are as people in queer media. I guess I guess we do understand this on it. I guess we have been holding space for queer media in a different way. And thank you all for holding space for us. Yes, thank you for holding space for us.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that happening, and that's amazing. I didn't know that was happening and what I wanted. Thank you, thank you. We didn't want to tell you like this, but now you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I started, Where can people find you as their work of media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, find me everywhere but blue Sky still miles of gray. Everywhere is miles of gray. Fine.
Speaker 2: Jack and I on the basketball podcastles Jack Got Mad boost here still tuned into the game of the week. We told you a lot's just forget about that one.
Speaker 1: We didn't.
Speaker 2: It didn't go according to I was talking to Adam Silver, I said, hey, the Lakers had to win that one.
Speaker 1: What the heck was going on?
Speaker 2: Didn't go on anyway and also find me talking on four to twenty day fiance A couple skeets I like first one at the Internet Hippo or at Internet Hippo tweeted, we don't do Thanksgiving at our house because it encourages dependency.
Speaker 1: Here it's thanks earning, thank you.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then Sarah saw blah s A b l a a h dot b sky do social said, we got a bigger bed so our dog would take up less of it, but it was futile. He has adapted, finding ways to make himself larger and longer.
Speaker 1: In the night. And that's just yeah, right hat fun, that's real. These pets in the fucking bed, man, get them the fuck. No, I gotta have my dog in my bed.
Speaker 4: They told me before surgery not to have my pets from the I laughed and I said, yeah.
Speaker 3: You can find me on Twitter at Jack underscore o Brian on Blue Sky at jack Ob one jaber one Ob number one.
Speaker 1: Jacob one is what it looks like, because that's bad legendary New York City tagger Jacob Jacob. I like the Wicked video. I still that that is the only I I could lie.
Speaker 3: I could name uh, tweet a skeet, But the only social media clip that is a that I'm holding space for is the Wicked clip.
Speaker 1: You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram.
Speaker 3: We have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeitgeist dot com, where we post our episode that our foot no no We link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 1: Miles, what song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: I've just been listening to more of that artist, Nila fair Yanya, and last week we went on the track, Like I say, there's another track from this album called My method Actor.
Speaker 1: The track is called.
Speaker 2: Mutations and a I just love like as an I like when like artists are really you can tell they give a fuck about the rhythm section and the drumming on their album, because this is like one of those it's it's it's intricate a little, it's a little, you know, more intricate than like straightforward kind of four and the four shit. So this is Mutations by Nila fair Yanya n I l u f e r a y A n y a.
Speaker 1: U get it, Get it.
Speaker 3: We will link off to that in the footnotes today as a production by heart Radio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the heart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning, back to this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all time.
Speaker 1: Bye bye, bye bye