Speaker 1: From the heart of where innovation, money and power collide in Silicon Valley and beyond. This is Bloomberg Technology with Caroline Hyde and Ed Ludlow.
Speaker 2: Live from New York. This is BlueBag Technology coming up. In Vidia takes center stage at CES with new hardware, software and services. For the stock falls, We sit down with it's CEO, Jas and Wang. Later this hour plus, Metad cuts its team of fact checkers, saying content moderation went quote too far, and the US places some of China's biggest tech giants on its military blacklist. But first we check in on the key stop. You have to watch today. It is the most valuable three point six trillion dollars and it dies by four and a half percent, in Vidia losing its pre market gains. We had touched a new record high and now we sink the worst days at September. Why we got a whole raft of products, whether it's hardware, software, services, whether it's the future of robotics from autonomous driving, from PCs and gaming. But is it the here and now, the Blackwell program and platform that we don't get enough detail on. Let's head out to Las Vegas. Big story, of course, is in Vidio and the CEO in veiling these products, we've got none other than a key focus on the gamer, the original customer from Jensen Wang. Have a listen.
Speaker 3: We used g force to enable artificial intelligence, and now artificial intelligence is revolutionizing g Force everyone. Today we're announcing our next generation, the RTX Blackwell family.
Speaker 2: Let's go to our gamer in residence, Ed Ludlow on the ground at CES. There was going back to their roots, the GPU for the gamer. There was so much much more, but the stock doesn't like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, we've become so accustomed to the nvidious story of being dominant in a market for high performance GPUs that go into data centers and train AI models, foundation models. But it isn't going back to its roots story, right. It's taken the work that it's done on those AI accelerators and put them into a factor that is more relevant to the consumer developers in particular, and maybe the market this morning doesn't quite understand that story. There was plenty of big picture last night from Jensen One. Blackwell is in full production, a kind of timeline or a move into physical AI, which we'll get into robotics autonomous driving. But maybe also a conversation to be had around diversifying revenue. One hundred billion dollars of revenue is still data centerships, but increasingly those high performance graphics cards that go into the desktop laptops and something called project digits.
Speaker 5: There's a lot to discuss.
Speaker 2: That PC or on the three thousand dollars PC for AI developers. And look, there is a macro context to the share move today. We of course got some ism data, we got yield spiking higher, and no wonder some of the big tech names arounder pressure. What's interesting is some of the suppliers, for example a Micron still leading the charge here as its memory is going to be within the Nvidia offering. There was a lot to be had for some of the partnerships to play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and as you know, Caro, it's Bloomberg's policy not to give questions an advance of interview, and there are all these Nvidia.
Speaker 6: Staff over my shoulder.
Speaker 4: But probably the one big question is the sustainability of the investment into AI. Those other chip names are pushing higher because when an investment is made into a high performance GPU, it goes in combination with the memory chips, other CPUs and all of the telematics from those other providers. That probably is the key question for Jensen, particularly in a year where things run certain economically and I see a bit of a concern about inflation in the market this morning.
Speaker 5: Jensen has a lot of world views.
Speaker 4: Whether he'll talk to me about inflation, we'll have to wait and see.
Speaker 2: At Ludlow, we cannot wait for the conversation. We'll see you a little bit later. Let's get an investor's take on the here and now lack of visibility on Blackwell or or indeed the future proofing of the business model. Cebi's Investment Advisory Services CIO Anna Rathbun.
Speaker 7: We tuned in.
Speaker 2: At six thirty Pacific time as nine thirty pm New York time. When we heard Jensen on stage, what did you make you? In line with some of these analysts who are out there saying, look not enough on the Blackwell platform.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there weren't that many details that investors were hoping for. But if you have to talk for ninety minutes plus almost two hours, I'm not sure if you can fill those that timeline with a lot of details about the business.
Speaker 7: And plus you know he's kicking.
Speaker 8: Off a conference, you sort of want to be a visionary and there is this a little slab of romanticism about AI thrown in there, So you know, I think maybe it was the wrong platform to really wait for some of those details. But I know that the excitement was built into the stock market certainly yesterday, so I can understand the disappointment. But at the same time, maybe maybe we need to wait for the earnings report.
Speaker 2: And we're currently showing a five day shot of in video, which gives us the context. It is ratherly eleven percent in January. We're maybe seeing some profit being taken off the table a little bit, hair Ona, But what did you make of what it means for its mote, for its ultimate leadership and technology? Does AMD do others even stand.
Speaker 6: A chance here?
Speaker 8: Well, you know, I think the leadership part of the visionary talk was establishing that leadership. I think in Video wants to be a leader and wants to continue to be a leader. So you're taking things like you know, self driving cars and partnership with Toyota and media attach.
Speaker 7: Those are real things that can turn into cash flow.
Speaker 8: But then you know, you have visionary things like humanoid and chance gypt turning into you know, robotics, right, turning into but robotics having a moment, right.
Speaker 7: So these are the things that.
Speaker 8: I think establish Nvidia, at least in rhetoric, as a continued leader in the space. And whether or not AMDs and other players can catch up.
Speaker 7: I do think that Nvidia still.
Speaker 8: Has a large, you know, sort of monopoly in the space. The reality of catching up to Nvidia, I think is still a difficult.
Speaker 2: Feat and that's why i'mdphaps leaning into the PC side of the business with its Dell announcement rather than trying to talk up AI accelerate as in the data center part. And to that point, are you feeling comfortable that we're seeing diversification or at least that the demand for infrastructure from a data center perspective is still there. Microsoft eighty billion that they're going to spend in twenty twenty five seems to signal.
Speaker 8: That, yeah, I don't think this AI venture is going to stop. And certainly, you know, likes of Microsoft and some of these big companies are putting big dollars into it. But we can't forget about the private side either. There are a lot of venture companies that are going to require as their develop of being applications for real businesses on the user end, they're going to have to lean into some of that infrastructure like data centers and ultimately energy too. But that's not a conversation for today. So I think I think the demand for this is not going to ease up.
Speaker 2: Can you give us your macro perspective here though as well? We were just talking how on a macro perspective, maybe we are seeing that feed into the stock weakness. Do you still your mind be thinking about inflationary pressure? Does that have any weight on a company that just is so in focus for its innovation, not just the macro headwinds.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So you know, when I think about macro headwinds such as inflation and prices, I think about who has the pricing power?
Speaker 7: Right, So if you're in Nvidia and you.
Speaker 8: Have dominance in a marketplace, you have the pricing power. So I don't think Nvidia is necessarily, you know, thinking about whether or not they have they can pass down any kind of inflation or price increases.
Speaker 7: I think it's really on the consumer end.
Speaker 8: I think it's on the end of the other max evens that need to develop the R and D aspect of it, they're going to have to worry about the inflation portion.
Speaker 2: Interesting. So for you, if you're looking at portfolio at the start of twenty twenty five and you're thinking how you're going to be changing up, do you make any key decisions of the back of the latest inflation three points?
Speaker 8: You know, our assumption has always been that it's going to be higher for longer, both on the inflation area as well as rates.
Speaker 7: So our portfolio is already positioned for it.
Speaker 8: We never really thought that inflation could go down to two percent it you know, I'm going to use the word safely without causing some kind of a slowdown in the economy. And frankly, even if it does, it's really in the cyclical areas of the economy, and I think tech has some immunity from that cyclicality simply because there's just way too much momentum going into this AI venture.
Speaker 2: And raf fan so good to have you, CIOC BIZ Investment Advisory Services stay well. Coming up, META looks back on fact checking across its social media platforms or on that. Next this is Bloomberg Technology. Yet more big news auta Meta. Today it's announced that it will end third party fact checking on its social media platforms, saying content moderation went too far, so instead, the company will allow users to comment on our post's accuracy, adopting a kind of format similar to excess community notes. This, of course follows some notable changes to its board as well. For more bloombergs Lin Duine joins us for more fascinating moves. It's moving safety and content moderation teams from California to Texas and ultimately relying on its userbase now.
Speaker 9: It is very fascinating and obviously, as you said, further aligns Meta to the x approach of content moderation and fact checking, which is to sort of crowdsource. One cannot ignore the underlying trend here. It's clear that over the past several months, Mark Zuckerberg has tried to repair, if you will, his relationship with president incoming President Donald Trump. That has been a relationship that has in the past been fairly adversarial. I don't need to remind you that at one point Trump was suspended on Meta's platforms briefly and has since been reinstated, and since then Zuckerberg has personally contributed to his inauguration fund and has made efforts, as you have said, to make appointments that would be more conducive to a relationship with the Trump administration coming in.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's interesting that this is basically the first announcement coming from Jill Kaplan, who is now the chief Global Affairs Officer as Clegg moved stage right. And we're not only getting a more right leaning global affairs officer, but we're also getting Dana White UFC coming to the board of MATA.
Speaker 9: That's right, and as you probably recall, Dana White was a very vocal Trump supporter. He was actually featured in Trump's first video on TikTok, another social media platform. So a good fit because you know, Dana White and Mark Zuckerberg have a pre existing relationship.
Speaker 5: They for a long time.
Speaker 9: Right, They share a very strong interest in the same sport. So in a lot of ways, it makes sense for Mark and for what he's trying to do with that relationship with Trump. I think that migration for the fact checking team from California to Texas, as you mentioned, is a really interesting one.
Speaker 6: Two.
Speaker 9: Whether that's politically motivated, I don't personally know, And I think that the bigger question is, like will there be a broader pullback at Meta and some of the other social media platforms with this incoming Trump administration across all content moderation, not necessarily just fact checking, but you know, will there be a pullback in like the monitoring of disturbing content CSM content. I think that's the broader question.
Speaker 2: Ask and that leads us perfectly to our next conversation. It's as if she knows it by Magic lindaan on All Things Meta and look as metapairs back its fact check is there's exclusive reporting today showing that the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security will also scale back efforts over the past two years to disrupt violent extremists online activities. That's according to current and former US officials and internet radicalization experts actually fear that the trend will accelerate under Trump. That reporting all comes fro bloombergs Jeffstone extraordinary timing. So you're working out here that basically demotment of honand security and indeed other agencies have not wanted to tip off the social media companies as much.
Speaker 10: That's right, Caroline, since the social media companies Meta being one of them, formerly Twitter being one of them, had a long history now of flagging false COVID related information misinformation around the vaccines. There's been a lot of political pushback in Washington encouraging them not to do that. The Department of Homeland Security and the FBI have kind of become collateral damage in that larger political fight, and they are now incredibly reluctant and prevented in some cases by law from dealing with social media firms to remove some of this really incendiary violent misinformation.
Speaker 2: Yet this comes but days after the New Year's Day attack on a Trump hotel, what happened in New Orleans. I mean, the idea that extremist content isn't going to be as monitored feels pretty scary, that's right.
Speaker 10: I mean, there's certainly a trend where we are seeing these extremist attacks in almost every case. You know, it used to be a small fraction, but now in almost every case, the perpetrators or suspected perpetrators who are carrying out if these attacks are often taught talking about them online, whether it be on sites like Meta in this case or on Discord as in the case with the mass shooter in Buffalo. The FBI and DHS are still going to continue to investigate based on some of those leads that they're seeing online, but they're not going to interact with social media companies to remove that content proactively. They're going to leave that to the social media firms.
Speaker 2: What's interesting within your story, you really build out the case that since so key court ruling here that as you articulated, has pushed the DHS and the FBI, it's less weighed in, but also there's less money going to external third party researchers as well.
Speaker 5: Right, that's right.
Speaker 10: External third party researchers are a key component in this larger ecosystem. They do a lot of the work on behalf of social media companies to kind of proactively flag and detect and remove some of this really again extremist, violent material. It goes beyond a lot of misinformation. They are now taking significantly less funding from the government because of some of the political connotations and disputes around this. Specifically, some of these researchers used to receive tens of millions of dollars, whereas last year the Department of Homeland Security gave them zero dollars for Internet related research exclusive reporting.
Speaker 2: Jeff Stone, we thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: The US has just added China's most valuable company, Tencent, as well as Tesla battery supply Caatl to its list of quote Chinese military companies. It's a move which could accelerate decoupling of the world's biggest economies.
Speaker 5: For more.
Speaker 2: We got to get out to Bloombergs Mike Shepard, and this seemed to come out of nowhere yesterday, and even Tencent itself thought it might be a mistake.
Speaker 11: And a lot of the other companies thought so too. They were really caught off guard, as a lot of us here in Washington were. It showed up without fanfare in a publication known as the Federal Register. They Pentagon just dropped it in there. But there was a purpose to this. It dates back to twenty twenty when President Donald Trump was still in office and under an executive order from him, he asked the Defense Department to look for companies in China that had ties or actual control by China's military. And the concern is that this nexus between China's military and the business community in China post a risk to global security, and as a result, we see this listening now. It's important to note that there is no sanction attached to it. However, there is something that would discourage US firms from doing business with anyone who is on this list.
Speaker 2: I think there was initially a worry that they might be forced to delist as well, Mike, is there any reality in that. Certainly ten Cent came out with a statement saying this doesn't affect our business in the here and now.
Speaker 11: That is a really good question, Caroly, and it was one that we were chasing down yesterday. And as far as we can tell, there is no immediate threat of the listening directly as a result of this, but it does prompt eight companies here, as I said, to revisit and rethink relationships with ten Cent and others. And there are now one hundred and twenty one Chinese companies on this Pentagon list that subject them to some additional scrutiny about their relationship with China's military, and the list also includes CATL, which is one of the world's biggest battery makers. They're critical to powering the electric vehicle revolution globally, but they've also been the focus of a lot of attention, especially from Congress, including incoming Secretary of State Mark or Rubio, who when he was in the Senate had really zeroed in on CATL as a potential national security risk through the US.
Speaker 2: So read those tea leaves for US, Mike, because on one side, my immediate reaction is, well, Coatl is a big supply to Tesla, and you know, Mosk isn't going to like that. He has the air of Trump for all some purposes, we understand. But then Marco Rubio coming in, he doesn't much like c ATL. So what does the next administration mean for this?
Speaker 11: Well, the tea leaves really are tough to read here, Caroline, and that's in part because we do see this kind.
Speaker 10: Of division of loyalties.
Speaker 11: This is also playing out with the TikTok band that is about to go into effect on January nineteenth unless the company, which has a Chinese parent, is able to persuade the Supreme Court to overturn this devest or ban law. Now President of Like Donald Trump, has made clear he would like to see TikTok survive as its own entity, to exist on its own and not be banned to somehow evade this ultimate sanction as a result of a new law. One also that Marco Rubio have helped push through so we will see these kinds of tensions playing out between some of the business interests, including from Elon Musk and others, playing out right there in the White House. They're trying to get tough on China, yet need also this connection to China for business themselves.
Speaker 2: And as shocking is it might be for many that a big gaming and social network platform Tencent might be in any way deemed a military related organization. There is also past tens We've seen Shaomi, for example, as a phonemaker, but also now a carmaker is managed to get itself off the list, right, So there's potential hope.
Speaker 11: Here, Yes, there is. These companies do have a way to appeal this. They can even take it to court and contest the listing, and a number of companies like you just mentioned show Me especially, have been able to get themselves removed and struck from the list. However, when we talk about ten Cent, let's turn back the clock again to twenty twenty, when Donald Trump as president initially tried to ban TikTok, he also went after ten cents we chat app, which is this all inclusive communications and payments platform that the US government had viewed as a risk in the US by anybody who was using it here now there is not nearly as much use of we chair here as by TikTok, but we do see the same sort of argument being played out with tencent back then and perhaps the echo of it now as well.
Speaker 2: Mike Shepard, we thank you so much on all things US China. We can go just onto data centers now and get back to see yes where our own ed Ludlow is standing by with a very special guest who's probably going to benefit from that spending in the United States.
Speaker 4: D Yeah, Good morning from Las Vegas, Caroline and Jensen one, CEO of Nvidia, fresh off his keynote last night on stage.
Speaker 6: Great to see you.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Las Vegas. Thank you every new year, familiar territory.
Speaker 6: Congratulations on your new baby.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: A lot's changed since we last spoke, actually, but of the broad spectrum of what you announced last night. New graphics cards, new chips actually technically in the automotive space, products and services on the software side, which is the single most important for in video's future.
Speaker 6: There are important you know.
Speaker 5: It's hard.
Speaker 6: It's it's hard. It's hard. It's hard to pick your favorites.
Speaker 12: You know, we announced three chips, We announced a brand new AI, a world foundation model and first of its kind, and we announced our work in three areas and robotics, right, and they're all important. And you know the thing of course, we announced a brand new Blackwell RTX and has a new AI technology called neuro Neuroshaters, and we're combining artificial intelligence and classical.
Speaker 5: Computers RTX and U RTX.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've become so accustomed to your story being dominant in a market for high performance GPUs server ACS data centers. This is going back to your roots. It's in the desktop context. There's one right there later in the year laptop. But for a target base that is developers, a nerdy, hardcore gamment, what's the future of that business for you?
Speaker 6: Computer graphics is going to be here forever, forever.
Speaker 12: And what we've done is we've fused artificial intelligence and computer graphics together. And the images that we're generating today wouldn't be possible if not for the fact that we're using computer graphics to create beautiful pixels and then use artificial intelligence to amplify that capability. For example, out of four frames I was talking about yesterday, thirty three million pixels to SEW and four K.
Speaker 6: Now. Out of that thirty three.
Speaker 12: Million pixels, two million pixels were computed. The other thirty one million pixels were generated by AI.
Speaker 5: In other words, the AI predicts what it thinks the pixtels should.
Speaker 6: That's right, Yeah, the ultimate generator of AI.
Speaker 4: But what was interesting for me is the focus again was away from the graphics cards, away from blackweld, undependents and Cosmos. We probably don't have time to explain in full detailed Cosmos, but you call it a world foundation.
Speaker 12: Model Cosmos is for or the physical world what chat BT is for words and text.
Speaker 6: That's the easiest way to think about that.
Speaker 4: Okay, so model text input, but can generate synthetic data in multiple mediums.
Speaker 12: It understands the physical world. So for example, if I ask it a question, if I ask it to generate multiple futures of a car driving down the road, it would understand the dynamics of the world, it would understand the object permanence, it would under understand geometry and space, and it would create a driving scenario for the car that is plausible and so.
Speaker 5: And you open sourced it.
Speaker 4: So I don't really think about it as a product or a go to market. It's more about what Cosmos enables. Is that how we should think about it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Well, the automous vehicle industry and the rovice industry is a really point to us, and we offer three computers for them.
Speaker 6: We offer it, of course, the training computer through DGX.
Speaker 12: Through DGX, the robotics computer that's inside the car or inside of robot and now we have this new computer call Omniverse with Cosmos that is the digital twin or the playground where these robots can learn how to be robots. And so if we could accelerate the development of an artificial intelligence for avs and for robotics, it brings in a lot of business for us.
Speaker 4: Of course, there's an academic point of tension here. If I may Elon Musk is a customer of yours and Tesla, their theory or practice is based on real world data.
Speaker 5: Gathered through vision.
Speaker 4: Yeah, does the synthetic data underpinning of Cosmos kind of contradict that it.
Speaker 12: Doesn't replace it augments, And so you're going to you should collect as much world data as you can. Of course, collecting world data is very expensive and Elon has a great advantage because the number one his AI factory for his cars is fantastic, has a lot of video gear in it. His av algorithms is incredible, it's the best in the world. And he has a very large fleet of cars on the road that allows him to collect.
Speaker 6: A lot of data.
Speaker 12: And so so I think he has just a phenomenal position. And he's been working on this for a long time, and so he's he's going to be in a great position to take advantage of it.
Speaker 5: Well, may I ask you that's juncture.
Speaker 4: He's clearly influential in this upcoming administration, but he also positions Tesla as a leading AI and robotics company.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how does that code for Nvidia?
Speaker 4: Elon Musk's influence the President Electrump and also thecoming administration's kind of attitude towards AI.
Speaker 6: I don't know that the attitude towards AI.
Speaker 12: I know Elon's attitude towards AI, and and he's very optimistic about his future.
Speaker 6: And obviously he's working on some of the most important AI areas.
Speaker 12: XAI is working on foundation cognitive Intelligence AI, his Tesla is working on Thomas vehicles, and optimists were humanoid robotics. These three areas of AI are the three most important areas of AI, and so I think he's working on exactly the right things.
Speaker 4: You kind of positioned AI and video's position in the supply chain for physical AI, robotics, autonomous driving.
Speaker 5: Explain it a bit more, the role you see in video play.
Speaker 12: Well, we're a core technology company, and so we build the foundational computing platforms.
Speaker 6: We're also full stack, and so we developed.
Speaker 12: The necessary algorithms and necessary AI technologies and.
Speaker 6: Then we put it.
Speaker 12: We put it out to the industry for them to adopt it and turn it into in market solutions.
Speaker 6: We're computing platform companies.
Speaker 4: So you're on stage and you're surrounded by I think a dozen humanoid robots, which.
Speaker 5: Is nice for you.
Speaker 4: When will I be here at CS and Las Vegas and actually have there are some robots right now? In real terms, you must have a timeline that you see real world commercial deployment of the technology you outlined last night.
Speaker 12: It depends on use case, I would say first use. Yeah, the first use case will probably be in manufacturing. You know, there's estimates tends, if not one hundred million jobs that are workers that are the world is short of workers and aging population, declining, declining birth rates, and so I think the world needs a lot more workers. Robotics is one of the best ways for us to supplement all of that and help companies recover the lost revenues on the one hand and drive productivity which reduces inflation for the world on the other hand. And so I think robotics is going to be very important to that in different different areas. You could have probably deploy into manufacturing first because they obviously need it most.
Speaker 4: Which you see is a ginormous potential market addressable lots.
Speaker 6: It's a fifty trillion dollar industry that wants to.
Speaker 4: Grow, and it thinks to grow. Sorry to interrupt you, Jensen. I think that something that wool Street struggling with this morning, among many things, is dg X. They understand the investment there that trains the foundation models in terms of Nvidia's business model what you outlined last night, Cosmos, and then later on on the inference side, how physical AI helps guare your business from the drives.
Speaker 5: D GX growth just simple as that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, as simple as that, I think if you if you just look at simply like that, we have three computers, and two of the computers d GX and Omniverse drives an enormous amount of data that is necessary to train the AI models right, and so Omniverse creates the data that we then use to train AI models. The training is what drives DGX sales. And the more robots that are that are available, the more data we can create, the more.
Speaker 6: AI models we have to we have to go train.
Speaker 12: That's that cycle is ultimately what we're striving for. All of that drives consumption from data center growth.
Speaker 4: There is a surge in AI spending data center growth. Some of our audience are a bit concerned about how sustainable that is, short, medium, and long term.
Speaker 12: Well, at the limit, Artificial intelligence is a single most important technology force of our time, and it's really about we're at the beginning of that and in the future, every single data center will be driven by AI and the type of computing that we build today. And so if you look at the world today, we're about a year and a half into the remodeling, if you will, the modernization, the reinvention of computing, and so I think that over the next several years you're going to see the transition from the old.
Speaker 6: Way of doing computing, general purpose computing. There's a new way.
Speaker 12: Of doing computing, artificial intelligence and accelerated computing, and so we have a lot of growth to go do.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to your and nvidious routes, and therein lies the complication, right and the story accelerated computing. You spent four years redefining the computer for me, and we get rtx Blackwell single black Well in that form factor. The target audience is hardcore gamers but also developers, and I wondered if you could give me any early examples or evidence of how you see the gaming industry adopting your technology.
Speaker 12: Well, AI is going to reinvigorate the video game industry. On the one hand, for developers, it's going to reduce the cost of creating the content. On the other hand, all of the characters that are in the games are going to be smart characters in the future, so every time you interact with them, they're going to be interacting with you in a much more intelligent way. And so the games are going to be more interesting, the characters are going to be more interesting. The content development cost is going to decline, and that's going to be really great for the industry, and so I think that the future is really bright for video games and these virtual worlds and artificial intelligence is going to really reinvigorate it.
Speaker 5: Project digits, may I pick it up? Oh yeah, yeah, three thousand dollars digits? Yeah, a supercomputer costing.
Speaker 12: Exactly How could you imagine you're just sitting there just like that, You're working on your PC?
Speaker 5: Well, here, why would I need one of these? Probably not me?
Speaker 4: But how big is the addressable market for this? What is the addressable market?
Speaker 12: There are thirty million software developers. They're probably something along the lines of ten million designers around the world. Probably another twenty million creative artists. Hard to say exactly how many students. I'm going to guess probably a couple one hundred million students around the world.
Speaker 6: Everybody is going to have to board it.
Speaker 12: Everybody's going to have to Well, they can afford computers, and so here's if they can afford computers and they would like to have a companion that helps them do AI, this is the way to do it.
Speaker 5: Can I just clarify something?
Speaker 6: Yeah? On it?
Speaker 4: I think you said on stage mac os, Linux and Windows.
Speaker 5: No, No, the location said just Linux, No.
Speaker 12: Whatever computer you use, you're literally enjoying how it's going to be used. It's sitting right there and you'll just connect to what wirelessly like it's at your personal cloud.
Speaker 4: I promised the audience I'd garify that because very excited. Oh yeah, we're running short on time. President Electrump has been speaking during the course of conversation. How imperative is it that you go to mar A Lago and meet with him? If Nvidia is America's leading AI company, and will.
Speaker 6: You I would be delighted to go see him. Have you been invited?
Speaker 12: Not yet, but I would be delighted to go see him and congratulate him and do everything we can to help this administration succeed.
Speaker 4: A lot of what you outlined on stage last night in the remophysical AI. You know, I saw x Pong, for example, in the autonomous driving context that's happening in China, like they are doing a lot on robotics.
Speaker 5: So I'm going to ask you about tariffs.
Speaker 4: You know, it's likely this coming administration will be as restrictive on technology export and tarifs will be a function.
Speaker 5: How have you prepared for that? Jensen?
Speaker 12: Whatever the administration ultimately decides, will give them as much insight as we can from our perspective, and I'm sure that the administration will make the right moves that's the best interest of our country.
Speaker 5: Twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: I kind of started the conversation by saying, a lot has changed since we last spoke in the summer. You said that the age of general robotics is just around the corner. Is twenty twenty five the year of general robotics or is that a little premature.
Speaker 6: To your mind?
Speaker 12: The development is going gangbusters, as you can see all the different robots that are going to be around here, and the enabling technology necessary for general robotics is coming together. All the pieces are coming together. The industry still has a lot of engineering to do. If you looked long term, you know, pick your horizon in ten or twenty years, the number of robots that's to be on Earth that's going to be measured and probably tens of nine hundreds and not potentially billions of robots, and so those days are clearly coming. Is it going to happen in the next couple of years or the next five years, hard to say, but the development of robotics is going to be all over the world now and we're seeing startup companies, large companies, industrial companies, consumer electronics companies all getting involved in the future of robotics. And our offering to the industry is a three computer system. And so whether they're developing the robot, training the robot, we have DJX systems for them and DJX clouds for them. If they're simulating the robots, we have omnivers for them, and if they want to deploy them.
Speaker 6: When they're ready to deploy the robots, we have.
Speaker 12: Little computers that basically is the computer brain of the robot that they can put inside the robot.
Speaker 6: And so we'll work with.
Speaker 12: The industry across the board from the development of the robots to the deployment of the robot. And we have computer systems for them, algorithms for them, ais for them, and we'll partner with the industry and make this feature happen.
Speaker 6: Very very quick.
Speaker 4: Which line of business grows fast? Is this year, data center, gaming or other.
Speaker 6: They're all going to grow fast. I think gaming is continuing to grow.
Speaker 12: Our automas vehicle business is already on its way to be a five billion dollar business this year, and so right and sometimes right run rate, and so the autonomous vehicle business is just starting to get off the ground, and that tells you something about how we address it. And the reason for that is we get the benefit from the beginning of the development of the AIS all the way to the deployment of the cars. Because a car company needs two factories, a car factory that builds the cars and an AI factory that builds the AI sport the cars, and both of these, both of these areas we could participate.
Speaker 6: And so I think it's going to be a very large business.
Speaker 4: Send I've made you late for your next appointment. Yeah, it's crazy, literally grateful a few times. It's good to see you as well. Jensen one, the Nvidia CEO.
Speaker 2: Caroline, what a conversation, ed Ludlow live from Las Vegas. So good to have you back. We'll let you go and return to paternity leave from New York.
Speaker 6: This is blue Bag technology.