Speaker 1: Best Bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: It's Listener Q and daytime.
Speaker 3: We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 2: Time for some listener questions and lunchbox and I have answers. Starting with some commentary. First, Marcy and Texas says you're the best lbie.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it, I know it.
Speaker 2: And then Myra says, you two are my absolute faves, So thank you, thank you. Yeah, very exciting stuff to start first, man, I let.
Speaker 1: Me tell you, yeah, I like the way you take the positive ones.
Speaker 2: Oh heck yeah, because we see all we see all the negative ones. I don't need to acknowledge them here.
Speaker 1: I know I can just acknowledge them in your closet when you sit in the dark and cry.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, we got cries. Sometimes it's important to cry.
Speaker 1: So ridiculous. That's so ridiculous that you let these people make you cry.
Speaker 2: Not very often. It's only been like one time, and that one was pretty brutal.
Speaker 1: They say whatever they want, whatever, All right, you ready, you're ready for these You know why they hate you? What you know why people hate you?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Because they ain't you?
Speaker 2: I was like, what are you about to say or you about to insult me more because than I really.
Speaker 1: Because they want to be us and they can't be. That's why i've here.
Speaker 2: Right. I saw your clip on sore Losers. It was good advice.
Speaker 1: It's like you think they can't do this like you think you can do it. Dream On, dream On, dream On.
Speaker 2: You're really doing good other music.
Speaker 1: I know I'm nailing songs.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of you. I don't know where it's coming from. I don't either, all Right, Shardan from Austin, Texas wants to know what has parenthood taught you the most about yourself?
Speaker 1: That I can keep something alive. I never knew that I could keep something alive. Uh. I wish I could say patience. Patience is a little bit like there's certain aspects I'm very patient, and then other times I'm just like, I'm so impatient because I've always been impatient my whole life, and it's so hard to learn patience. Like I know, I tried to like as they're asked getting a question, especially my five year old, I will answer it before he finishes, and he gets so damn, you just interrupted me. That is not what I was gonna ask you.
Speaker 2: You get a little tasty or own medicine, and I'm like, whatever, man like, yeah, but I think that's really what he was gonna ask me.
Speaker 1: But once I answer it, he wants to say that's not what.
Speaker 2: He You know, as a kid, you were the same way.
Speaker 1: Oh, probably you're the.
Speaker 2: Same way as an adult. If I were to answer you and stop, you mit, you're like, that's not what I was asking, then you.
Speaker 1: I do do that sometimes, and so yeah, that is one thing. Patience is one thing that I've really I've worked on but then also not worked on, so that I think that's taught me something.
Speaker 2: And you're constantly still getting taught.
Speaker 1: Yeah, taught. Patience is just I mean, patience is a huge deal. Yeah, what else have I learned? I don't know. That's okay, I pretty much dominated it, and I knew I dominate it, Like all right, that's pretty much what I learned. I was like, I'm good at everything.
Speaker 2: I like it. Emily from Texas as well wants to know if you go buy lunchbox, does your wife go buy a similar nickname to yours.
Speaker 1: No, she just goes by hottie with a body, you know, snaggle. No, I'm not gonna say that, Is that a nickname?
Speaker 2: You have a snaggle? Were you gonna say like snags or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I didn't know that was a bad and that is all my What is that?
Speaker 2: Please tell me?
Speaker 1: I never in my life for some reason, that popped in my head.
Speaker 2: For some reason, it popped in your head. Yeah, use it every day?
Speaker 1: No, I never used it in my life, Like I think that's Isn't that a movie or something?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be in a movie. But you told you. I'm rolling with the fact that you use for your wife's name.
Speaker 1: You can try, you can roll with it. No, she doesn't have a nickname, you know, so No, there's no nickname that I use with her. She's just her.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: He goes by mom a lot or Mama, Mama, Mama, Mom, Mom watched me, Mom watched me.
Speaker 2: See Yeah, got it? Okay. Shelby in Massachusetts would like to know how Waldo is doing.
Speaker 1: A Walda's good, Like his cough kind of went away for the most part, but like in the last week it's come back again, like it's starting to get I'm.
Speaker 2: Still convinced its allergies. They've been horrible this year for dogs, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did get him an allergy shot one.
Speaker 2: Time, but it doesn't mean that it'll go away.
Speaker 1: But then I never went back because he started being good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did be good for a little bit and then it came back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe I need to go back. I didn't think about that.
Speaker 2: Well, you can also try some other things for allergies.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, SHOT's good enough for me? Well, I mean he's fourteen, Like, I don't want to be trying, like I don't need to be.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, like just like natural you can feed a messpoonful of honey a day that's supposed to help their allergies. You can there's like some supplements you can give them that.
Speaker 1: No, that's what I'm saying. That's a lot like I mean, I don't want to sit here an experiment. Just give me the allergy shot. They know that's supposed to work well.
Speaker 2: But the problem is you use the allergy shots over time and they stopped working.
Speaker 1: But he's fourteen, he ain't gonna be here long, well gonna be He's gonna be here forever. He's not gonna be here another two years.
Speaker 2: I think he'll be here forever.
Speaker 1: I wish, trust me, I wish, because that's when it's gonna get hard, Like I'm going to be a mess, and then you have to explain that to your kids. And I ain't that That game is what I'm not ready to.
Speaker 2: Put right now. That is great, He is great. His cough just comes to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just came back a little bit this week. But uh, yeah, he's getting older. We walks her a little bit shorter, you know, like he can't go as long. It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh do you want my dog shoulder? He would love that.
Speaker 1: He No. I would never put my dog in a stroller. We did. No. No, my dog growing up, Nikki.
Speaker 2: Did you put him in a wagon?
Speaker 1: No? Got him a wheelchair?
Speaker 2: Oh he was his legs, No, he.
Speaker 1: Lost his back, hit her back, hips went out.
Speaker 2: Oh so you put it on the and they wheel themself around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he would. She would scoot with the front two and her other legs would be off the ground.
Speaker 2: I love dogs on wheelchairs.
Speaker 1: I mean it was I thought, oh my god, this is the stupidest thing ever. When my parents were gonna get it, it was fan freaking fantastic because this is a dog that we used to go up, knock out the screen in my brother's window, climb out onto the roof and jump off the roof.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, no, wonder her escape out one day?
Speaker 1: She could jump over the six foot fence. What kind of talk was it, Golden retriever?
Speaker 2: Oh wow? Okay, So when did she get the wheelchair?
Speaker 1: At a point round later? Like? Okay, So she used to knock out the screen, go out the window, go across the street, unlatch the gate, and let the neighbors dogs out, and they'd all come in over to our house and have a party.
Speaker 2: Hilarious.
Speaker 1: I mean, she was so freaking smart.
Speaker 2: That's why Golden retriever sometimes are smart. But they're also very dirty dogs.
Speaker 1: I don't know what dirty means.
Speaker 2: I call him dirty. They're the real leg like kind of like you're a little bit not sad, but they're just kind of like there. Oh, and they kind of end up in a lot of funny positions.
Speaker 1: Like we would ride our bikes to school, and she'd follow us to school, and so she would be running NICKI nick, and we'd have to call my mom and dad. But hey, Nikki's like she was just circling outside of school trying to get in to come in with us.
Speaker 2: Dang.
Speaker 1: I mean it was awesome. She was so crazy cool.
Speaker 2: That's a good dog, like a great dog.
Speaker 1: And like at night, we would just let her out the front door. They let her run around the neighborhood to get out some energy. And then when we want her to come back, we'd light fireworks.
Speaker 2: That's how you got her back, and she'd come back. She wasn't afraid of them, No, she was.
Speaker 1: That's why she'd come back, got it.
Speaker 2: Or you could get my brother to scare her off more.
Speaker 1: My brother's trombone out loud noise. That should come running back.
Speaker 2: That's weird that that was how you guys got her back.
Speaker 1: So how we do it would probably really stupid. Just let her out go running. I mean there's cars.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know. Different times, Yeah, different times, different people.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Man of respect.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I'm glad to know that we're going good. Thanks for telling us about Nicky. Yeah, take a quick break. We'll be right back. When, if ever, have you been the most nervous to do a bit Ethan in Scotland about Scotland.
Speaker 1: Oh, Scotland, Tennessee. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure, it's like Scotland.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: We have some that listen from other countries.
Speaker 1: Oh and we haven't. There's a scott there's a Scotland Rhode Island. Okay, so maybe that's where he's from.
Speaker 2: I'm rolling with Scotland.
Speaker 1: The most nervous I've ever been to do a bit. That's a great question. I mean, I don't know. I don't know. I really have no idea because I don't really get that nervous. Like I'm not a nervous kind of Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've never seen you get nervous so that I'm.
Speaker 1: Trying to think nervous to do a bit. There's never really been a bit where I'm just like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Are you nervous to the one that put you in jail?
Speaker 1: That I didn't even think that. I didn't think that was a big deal.
Speaker 2: I thought you're like, it's just a joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you got to understand that twenty two you're just like, oh, whatever, like this ain't anything, like you don't think that anything can happen. I was nervous afterwards when the cop told me, oh, he could have shot you, and he would have been, you know, in his right to shoot you, and I'm like, what for what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the seriousness of it all came kind of like whoa, that's kind of crazy, you know what I mean to think about.
Speaker 1: There was been one bit we used to do. We used to do is like there was a hiker bike trail around Town Lake in Austin, and I would run past people and wave at them, and if they didn't wave, I'd turn around and blow an air horn in the air. Like I'd run up behind him and blow the air horn and people are still chasing me.
Speaker 2: That was a by or was that just a kid thing you did?
Speaker 1: No, No, that was a bit we did.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you thought did you like think at any point somebody was going to kill you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Probably? Yeah, I mean, and you got to think. I'm not in running gear because we're at works. So I'm in jeans and I'm jogging on the trail and I'd run past them way good morning, and if they went't way back, I'd turn around and the airhorn at them.
Speaker 2: That's like some that's some punked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like jackass, Like it is so freaking funny. And so you know, they're in their running gear and I'm in jeans and stuff, and I'm like, oh God, I gotta go, gotta go, and I'm on the phone, you know what I mean, Like I'm on the phone, do it. So you gotta imagine that I'm like running in jeans a phone, airhorn in my hand, and these people are out running like they're running the trail.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's funny. That's a good bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's not do that anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like, I don't think I can do that today. What is your favorite thing about doing sor Losers Emily in Bakersfield.
Speaker 1: Uh, My favorite thing about doing Sore Losers that Y and I can do whatever we want. It's fun and I like sports, and so we can talk about things that are different than the regular show. And it's just a it's another release. Like my wife, it gives me an excuse to watch even more sports. You know, we don't And here's the thing, we don't even talk that much sports, yeah, which is weird. Like we talk a little bit of sports and then we kind of go off on tangents and I don't know, it's just a fun outlet. It's enjoyable and I like Ray, Like I mean, I don't ever talk to Ray, so it's fun to Like, Ray doesn't get to talk much on the the Big Show, so we get to hang out and talk and it's just fun. It's a it's our own little baby. I guess no, So check it out, man, we could use the listeners. We only get three hundred an episode, but I mean if we can get three hundred and.
Speaker 2: Five, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: Oh you're right. We get three hundred, which is amazing. Now if we can just get three hundred and five, that'd be amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. Well, what would you be doing if you were not on the Bobby Bun Show, Kelly from Arkansas?
Speaker 1: I have no idea, Kelly, I'd be on reality TV.
Speaker 2: I would be in your dreams, you'd be on reality TV.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: That just came out. I didn't even realize that. Yeah you could potentially, but like, also, you have it at this point, so well, yeah, because I've had this job. Yeah, you have a lot of excuses.
Speaker 1: You can't leave this job. Like that's the thing. These people that go on reality TV shows, they don't have real jobs.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you didn't have a real job when you were working at Jason Zella. You could have done it then.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I tried out for a real world.
Speaker 2: Then you should have started trying out some more. Just I kept just kept sending it in every year.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: See in your twit.
Speaker 1: But do you understand how I was twenty two when I got this job. It's not like I had a lot of opportunities to once I got the job. Reality TV wasn't a thing.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm just saying back in the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what I'm saying, So you get off your little high horse over there.
Speaker 2: But you know, just dishing it out a little bit for you. Okay, he doesn't have an answer.
Speaker 1: I really don't have an answer because I never had any plans in life besides being in the real world.
Speaker 2: Okay, doing maybe anchoring in your dream that was funny because I did it. It was a little dishing back. You give me crap all the time, Okay, I know, you.
Speaker 1: Know dreams all right, news that would be terrible. All they do is sad crap.
Speaker 2: That's why I didn't end up going into it or a zoo keeper. I'd love to work with animals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna hang out with the crocodiles.
Speaker 2: That I really wanted to be a marine biologist. That's why I wanted to be growing up. But then science and math I hated those.
Speaker 1: So you had to do science and math or math to do marine biology.
Speaker 2: I mean you it is more science, but you had to be that intelligent to understand and develop things.
Speaker 1: I got it, that makes sense. Yeah. I used to want to be in the army because of the camouflage.
Speaker 2: It's just because of the camela.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm paying my room green and like, you know how you have bookshelves. Yeah, and you had that little sticky paper that you put on shelves. Yeah, dude, I couldn't see you being in the army and they were camouflage that the stuff I put on there. And then as I got older, I learned that, oh you may have to go fight and stuff and they yell at you to get out of bed. Earlier I was like I'm out on that. Then I want to be an ambulance driver because came the word because they drive fast. I was like, oh, that's so cool. I'll draw the ambulance. And then my mom was like, you know, you got to deal with the blood and guts. I was like, I'm out on the ambulance like I don't want to do that. I'm cool. Yeah, and then it's real world. That's it.
Speaker 2: We really really developed.
Speaker 1: I mean I really matured into a great you know, I had a lot of aspirations. You know, when your teachers are like, what do you want to be when you grow up? I wasn't like doctor.
Speaker 2: I'm also just like picturing you in the army and oh dude, I can't.
Speaker 1: I did meet with a recruiter when I was in college because I found out they pay for your college. I was like, oh my gosh, this would be awesome. I'll be in the reserves. And my mom and sister were like, do not do it. And then I realized, you know what, they're gonna come in there and be like, get up, it's time. It's four hundred hours. I come back in an hour. I'm taking it.
Speaker 2: You know. That wasn't gonna work, not for the knap side of lunchbox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I just decided that wasn't that wasn't gonna fit my lifestyle. But hey, mad props everybody that does it.
Speaker 2: Shout out, oh man, all right, we're taking one more quick break, coming back with some rapid fire. All right, lunchbox. Rapid fire is happening right now. You have to answer these quickly. That's what that means.
Speaker 1: Black and yellow, black and yellow yo.
Speaker 2: Poor song today Live in North Carolina. Wants to know if you let it slip that you had a a sect to me? No, okay, novsect me?
Speaker 1: Why why does she think of this is?
Speaker 2: I don't know. She said, did you let it slip? I don't know. Did you say something for losers or something on the show.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what she's talking about.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you haven't had a sect me, No no vasect to me? Okay, would you do stand up Patty in Arkansas?
Speaker 1: I've done stand up before, crushed it. I have no idea. My dad back in Austin, he used to always say you should go learn, like they had free classes like at the comedy club to teach you to write jokes or whatever. And I never did it. I never did it.
Speaker 2: But you could have been good at that.
Speaker 1: It could have been fun. But I look at the life they live and the road and like the travel, and it's hard, Like it's a hard life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of like a musician.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I'm like, oh, that doesn't seem like it may have been fun for like about six months.
Speaker 2: Oh, especially in your twenties, could have been fun. You could have been a little comedian.
Speaker 1: Rock star, could have been fun for a while. But I'm just saying like there's still these people just go to the little clubs, and it's like, man, that is that's that's a lot. That's a wear and tear on the body.
Speaker 2: That's fair. Did your tonao grow back after the marathon?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, I ran a marathon with three days notice, no training, ran an extra mile just to prove everyone wrong. And it's not that hard to run a marathon because everybody's like, oh, it's so hard to run a marathon. And I lost the big toe tonel on both my big toes and yeah, they're back. They're good, they're they're like gee. And I used to take pictures and send them to Garrett and Jacob and Greg, how you guys doing today?
Speaker 2: And just this is not rapid fire.
Speaker 1: I attached my toenail picture then I did when they fell off, I saved the two toenails and I gave them to Bobby and Amy during the Christmas Giving contest.
Speaker 2: We're disgusting, absolutely disgusting, and they opened like.
Speaker 1: What, Oh my god, it's your toenails. So then I took it and I gave it to my brother and sister.
Speaker 2: You have a lot more questions for you to get the room fast. Are you going to South Dakota for the Chelsea store opening?
Speaker 1: I don't know. She keeps hitting me up. She hit me up on Instagram this week. She's like, Hey, are you gonna be able to make it? Bring the family and I mean work. I mean they always say they're they always say they're going to send me places and they never do. So, I mean the balls in their court. Let's go, got it. It would be perfect for the show.
Speaker 2: Does the idea of a new Carks at you?
Speaker 1: Ah? No? Okay, No, it makes me sad, like I don't want to like it makes me feel weird to get rid of a car that I've had, Like I don't know, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Favorite trade about your wife, Brittany and Texas.
Speaker 1: Favorite trade about my wife? I don't know all of it.
Speaker 2: Not one that stands out.
Speaker 1: I mean, what do you mean she's nice? I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right? Does the garbage man still not pick up his trash? Your trash?
Speaker 1: No, guards man, we're back. He's back picking up my trash. I mean, there's what I mean. Really, I just tricked them and just moved the trash can. No, I did, and then they picked it up, and then I guess they forgot because I moved it back and we haven't had any problems.
Speaker 2: All right, you tricked them, you won.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And last one, are you still volunteering with kid Power Faith in Tennessee?
Speaker 1: I don't volunteer there as much like I go to their annual fundraiser things like that, but I don't go anymore just because with three kids, it's really hard to go and give my time, which is, you know, it's selfish maybe a little bit. But here you want to hear the crazy story. Yeah, you want to hear a crazy story. So one of the girls I first menteed, I was their mentor at kid Power. She just graduated high school this year and she's the first person in her family to graduate high school.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: How I feel, see like you played a huge role.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if I played a huge role in it.
Speaker 2: I mean, but you were a mentor to her.
Speaker 1: I was, but I don't know if I yeah, but I don't know if I made the difference. You know, she did it like she did it. I didn't do it, And I have no idea if she would say, oh, you know, you were such a big part of it or whatever. But I went. I mean, she graduated, Like, it's crazy to me that she graduated high school. She's the first person in her family to ever graduate from high school. That's so freaking crazy.
Speaker 2: God, that's really awesome lunch.
Speaker 1: I mean it's wild. I mean it's just wild.
Speaker 2: Like that is wild, and I'm very happy for Yeah, I'm in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh do you went to her graduation? Yeah, that's so cool. Yeah, that's a that's a good photo. He's showing me a photo right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Like, that's great lunch. Okay, that's a good thing to end on.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's crazy. But yeah, kid power man, Like it's great. I love it. Like I wish I could volunteer, but I just can't. With three kids.
Speaker 2: They got to be a mentor to your kids.
Speaker 1: Now, I got to be a mentor of my kids. And I'm not doing a good job some days, but some days I knock it out of the park.
Speaker 2: We'll hope they graduate high school as well. Won't be the first, but hope graduate.
Speaker 1: I hope they you hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we're gonna put.
Speaker 1: It out and better not drop out.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, tell people where they can find you. Here.
Speaker 1: You all Radio Lunchbox and sored losers. Check us out, Ray and I would love the support. We need to get up to three hundred and five listeners. It'd be awesome, all right.
Speaker 2: And I am at web girl Morgan on all the things and oh you.
Speaker 1: Can buy me floating the River with Morgan this weekend. I'm gonna bring the kids to her float party.
Speaker 2: And you can follow the show at Bobby Bone Show. All right, y'all, have a great Memorial weekend. Be saved.
Speaker 1: Why call it Memorial weekend? Memorial Day weekend. It's not Memorial weekend, it's Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 2: I think we argued about this last year.
Speaker 1: I know, but you call it Memorial weekend and it I.
Speaker 2: Just forget the day part. Okay, have a great Memorial Day weekend? Is that better?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay?
Speaker 2: Bye, everybody, be safe.
Speaker 3: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social.
Speaker 1: Platforms and follow at
Speaker 3: Web girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.