Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. Now along with the guys from gatine leagues dot com, here's your host, Paul Chargian.
Speaker 1: It is the final draft edition of Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Charchi and co host today the same as last week. It's the rare doubling up. Oh boy, Scott Fish, Brian Johnson.
Speaker 3: Hello, guys, Hey, I have to lock this job down. Man, I need the money. I don't have a moat and an ogre like you do over at your house, think at Drawbridge.
Speaker 1: Now, the ogre's not in the moat because he can't swim.
Speaker 3: No, no, And what I thought very interesting, very interesting the last time I went over. It's not like your traditional mythical ogre. You actually hired ogre from Revenge of the Nerds.
Speaker 1: So that guy was all he's smashing the beer cans on his ed right.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, you're talking about no no, no, I don't know why I was thinking goonionies, didn't you My brain like, thank.
Speaker 3: God, it's the last stop putting charge.
Speaker 4: Season show we need to start the season.
Speaker 3: You're putting ideas in charges head for new hires over there at the moat.
Speaker 1: So much to get you this is this is a lot of drafts already done, but there are no busier times than the Labor Day, weekend and the days leading up to the season. Many people's drafts are just you know, we go the night before the start of the season every year. Some do it during the game on Thursday night, And we're going to break down the Thursday night game Fantasy Football Weekly style. Later, We're going to go through all the preseason storylines. Were calling all the information we've learned all preseason into one show for the best possible draft advice we can give you, including draft what we call draft day personas, the idea being you go in with an idea like I want to go rookie heavy, I want to go high risk, I want to do the opposite. Said, what does that roster look like if you pull it off? Which ones do you like the best? What if I'm wrong? We've been making a bunch of assumptions over the course of the preseason. There's some things that Okay, maybe you know, maybe we got this right. Maybe we got it wrong, impossible, three tough questions, and a lot of stuff to get to over the course of the show. Let's break down thirty two teams from the preseason storylines, beginning with the woeful Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Yeah they're tanking tight end. Zach Ertz is uncertain for week one. He has been clear to practice, but he himself says he's uncertain for week one. And Jonathan Gannon won't name a starting head coach Jonathan Ain, Oh, it's so secretive. He won't name a starting quarterback yet. Or maybe he has in reporters simply fell asleep before he got to that part of the press conference, which is very possible.
Speaker 4: Or they just left because he's bat crap, crazy basoys. Jonathan Gannon, Now, I don't know about that. He's not doing himself any favors any time he opens his mouth.
Speaker 3: I think it's just doesn't seem very entertaining.
Speaker 4: He has a lot of fired up, a lot of weird stuff.
Speaker 3: Anyway. Kyler Murray has been put on the pup, which means newly acquired Josh Dobbs or Clayton Tune will be the starter for week one. But they just lost their center Pat Elfline for the season to an undisclosed injury. I'm not sure what part of the body undisclosed is. Where the undisclosed is. Maybe it's a new albore. I don't know where it is, but it's not safe for radio. It doesn't sound good. He's out for the season due to it. So that's not going to help things.
Speaker 1: Cardinals many have the worst offensive line of football, I mean, compounding all the other things that they might be worst at this year, Brian, the Atlanta Falcons, what are the what's the preseason storyline you want to share here?
Speaker 4: It's every week it's Bjon Robinson listed is the third running back on the on the depth chart for the Falcons. But we know he's not the third running back. He's the third running back. He being drafted in fantasy right now.
Speaker 3: So he might be one of the best third running back on the team's ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he might.
Speaker 1: He could be really good, you think playing behind Cordaryl Patterson.
Speaker 4: Ye, people are sleeping on how much work Tyler Aljier is going to get Bijon. We got to assume he's going to see the most touches among all Falcons running backs. But I don't think it's going.
Speaker 3: To be bell cow bell cow usage that he's people are expect to be the start.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be the starter, but will he be a bell cow only time? Hotel And Kyle Pitts looks good to go, coming off the knee injury that that ended his season prematurely last year. And I want to throw this out to all the Kyle Pitts haters, primarily you, Paul Charcion. Last year, Kyle Pitts among receivers with fifty plus targets, he was dead last and catchable target rate. Of course, Marcus Mariota was his quarterback one hundred and tenth among all players with fifty plus targets, Kyle Pitts was dead last.
Speaker 1: Casman Rider was also his quarterback last year, and I have no no he was not. Kyle Pitts was hurt when the switchovercast.
Speaker 3: So do we keep giving Brian the Kyle Pitts side And it's like doing that Atlanta Falcons aside.
Speaker 1: I know what's gonna happen when Brian heats hits the Philadelphia Eagles. If there was an interesting transaction that may have happened between them, we'll find out in a few minutes a tease. Baltimore, Ravens, Injured Ravens, Mark Andrews, Rashad Bateman, JK Dobbins all look ready for Week one, but Obj's recovery is murkier. He's still missing odds and end's practices, and I, you know.
Speaker 3: It's been eighteen months. That's interesting.
Speaker 1: I know the fact that he's still not like full go is a little bit of a worry. And I he may. I suspect OBJ plays Week one, but he may be on more of a snapcount than we would like to think. Let's go to the Buffalo Bills. Give us a preseason.
Speaker 3: Really not much. In the last week. Von Miller was placed on pup, which means it can't be back till week five, and it sounds like they're hopeful, but kind of iffy for even that.
Speaker 1: That's a big loss. Let's go to the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 4: Prime Djhark and Miles Sanders were banged up for the majority of training camp preseason, but they should be good to go week one. Again. This is a totally overhauled offense, starting with their quarterback Bryce Young, the number one overall pick. You know, Adam Thielen is a new edition DJ Shark, the aforementioned DJ Shark, Jonathan Mingo rookie wide receiver picked in the second round. Miles Sanders new started running back, so will this see and Hayden Hurst new starting tight end, so again totally overhauled offense. We'll we'll see how it goes in Carolina. But Chark and Sanders, there were some concerns with them, but they should be ready for the opener on Sunday in Chicago next Sunday.
Speaker 1: Sorry, very likely that Khalil Herbert is the starter, with Donta Foreman and Rashawn Johnson is the backups and probably role players. Here Foreman gotdinged up in the final preseason game. It should go in Week one. It's gonna be frustrating for fantasy purposes. The Bears have four runners, including Travis Homer they kept and projects to be a potentially frustrating committee. I've got almost no shares of any of these guys in my leagus. I'm worried about this committee. And I'll note that guard Tevin Jenkins, probably Chicago's best lineman, it's going to start the season on ir so he's going to miss some time Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 3: Sure, Bengals signed quarterback Will Greer from the Dallas Cowboys, who were actually I thought pretty classy and giving Will Greer an extra an extra paycheck, a full full preseason game to throw four touchdowns and get a job with the Bengals. Joe Burrow on track for Week one, but they say his mobility might be limited for the you know, early in the season and also a little bit of a you know, an analyst darling Chase Brown appears to have fallen to fourth on the depth chart, behind Chris Evans and Trevion Williams, so it might be a while for that one. Chris Evans is your backup, then.
Speaker 1: Chris Evans is the backup of note and you know, Joe makes a pass. I mean, you know, there's you know, there might be an angle here. We're talking about Cincinnati backup runners at some point. Brian Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 4: Really not a lot of news coming out of Cleveland all preseason. It's been about the backup running back situation. Nick Chubb the clear cut starter running back for Cleveland. Jerome Ford was the clear cut backup. He he injured his hamsterring a few weeks ago, but he's been back at practice, so he should be ready by a week one. But Cleveland did trade for Pierre Strong Junior coming over from the Patriots. He he could certainly push Jerome Ford for those backup duties. I'm still leaning forward a little bit, but now it's uh, it's murkier for if something were to happen to Nick Chubb. But Nick Chubbs still still in line to be a top He's my RB one still. Even with the addition of Pierre Strong, I think he will catch more passes than he has in the past. So but there it is. But Jerome Ford should be good to go, but he's been out on Pierre Strong.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys cut Malik Willis speaking of running back changes, so Duce Vaughn moves into the undisputed role as Tony Pollin's backup. Reminder, Tony Palin has never been a workhorse before. Vaughan is an interesting prospect because of his unusually small stature. Also a very good receiver and could be a helper in PPR leagues. Really, the only other running back have noticed, Ronald Jones is on roster, but he's bad.
Speaker 4: Well, it's Rico Doubtel.
Speaker 1: Before he's no good here. Also, you already know this, Trey Lance traded to Dallas and will be the backup for Dak Prescott. Let's go to the Denver Broncos. Give me a preseason storyline here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the Broncos, after their their cuts and of trade of Albert Equibanam to the Eagles, only have three healthy wide receivers on their active roster Cortland Sutton, rookie Marvin Mims, and second year undrafted free agent Brandon Williams. They're going to start the season with three healthy wide receivers. For Week one, you may see a decent amount of workout of Adam Trupman and Greg Delsich, who Sean Payton compared to a joker rule like Taysom Hill, Reggie Bush and Alvin kamaras he wants to get the ball to him in many ways. We'll see if that pends up. Almost never pans out, or it'll be Taysom hillish where it'll be, you know, one good week and then nothing.
Speaker 1: It could be Jerry Judy not being on ir A was a big deal in this yes week, and it looks like he could be ready as early as maybe like we two Week three, so we're optimistic about that. Detroit Lions, Brian.
Speaker 4: Really not a new lot of news coming out of Detroit all preseason. I'm on ras Saint Brown had an ankle issue a couple of weeks ago. He should be good to go in week one. It's really we talked about this last week. No other wide receiver is being drafted for Detroit who isn't suspended for the first six games. That's James and Williams, of course, But I think Josh Reynolds deserves some attention as a late round dart throw for an offense that's going to be one of the most prolific offenses through the air supposedly, So Josh Reynolds keeping an eye on him going in the later rounds of your draft.
Speaker 1: In Green Bay, Romeo Dobbs' hamstring injury has a very real chance of keeping him out of the opener against Chicago, which just too bad. He looked great in the preseason prior to the injury and connection if he doesn't go, that really opens the door for second round rookie Jayden Reid to stake acclaim to the job. And you know that Chicago secondary looks to be bad. It was bad last year, it looks like it's gonna be bad this year. Read you know, Reid might have an opportunity here. And really, totality of the preseason for Jordan Love, I would like to say, we really learned a lot about Jordan Love. We have a better sense, but I think it reinforced all of our existing beliefs on Jordan Love, which is pretty good. Mobility, big arm, accuracy problems, decision making question marks on Jordan Love. I didn't see anything in the preseason with Jordan Love that changed my opinion on what we thought we knew.
Speaker 3: Being down weapons is not going to.
Speaker 1: Help Houston Texans.
Speaker 3: C J. Stroud has named the starter finally, and they also put Juice Scruggs, the center they traded up for in the second round of the NFL Draft on ir So had already not great offensive line taken a hit.
Speaker 1: Indianapolis Colts, Brian.
Speaker 4: Have you heard about Jonathan Taylor or what was happening Jonathan Taylor?
Speaker 1: Tell me more?
Speaker 4: What did something happen Jonathan Taylor? They failed to trade him or Jonathan Taylor failed to trade himself. Still kind of a gray area there, but he will or at the season on the pup list. Is he actually hurt, There's a chance, but it's really about payment here. But so that leaves Evan Hole, who we all love on this show. Deon Jackson or Zach Moss could return from his broken forearm injury sooner than expected. I think we're all on team Hole. Deon Jackson is still going like two rounds ahead of Hole that I've seen. I think Hole is still the guy you want to target. His past kept catching upside, very intriguing. But yeah, Jonathan Taylor a brutal blow to people who've been drafting him, even in the third round. He will miss the first four games regardless.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing him go in the sixth round a job. It's it's a disaster, but maybe too much. So remember, Jonathan Taylor can't just like hold out at the end of this because his contract will toll if he doesn't play, and then you have to replay this year this year's contract, so we won't do that, and presumably healthy by the end of four more weeks, so you know, you know, if he's going after more in the sixth round, I'm sitting in Jonathan town. Yeah, all right, let's go to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Calvin Ridley looked great all training camp and gave him extensive action, including in the last preseason game. He looked good. Tank Bigsby, I should it pains me to note it, but I need to say it. Goal line fumble last week, but otherwise a really strong preseason, averaging almost six yards per carry for Tank.
Speaker 3: Biggs led the NFL in an explosive run rate in the preseason.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that runs. I think Big Sby that is our guy, right there? No, not that one. Wait, there we go. There's our tank, Big Sby. Give me some tank when we come back. We'll continue working through all thirty two teams as you get ready for your drafts. Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Our final draft edition. It next next week. It's all matchups.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's gonna be fun. It's gonna be I enjoy that format too.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 4: We love it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it roughly eighteen times. Roughly roughly eighteen times.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not going to No, you could do that.
Speaker 1: You're right, I will do it eighteen times.
Speaker 3: I'll skip a few.
Speaker 1: I can't say I blame you as a reminder for those of you still drafting, my chi Chie is available for free Guillotine Leagues dot com. And if you're not in a Guillotine league, well why yeah.
Speaker 3: Why not? What's wrong?
Speaker 1: What is wrong with you? How are you? How do you even call yourself a fantasy football player? There you go, Darius Rutger on Good Morning Football talking about his Guillotine League a couple of days ago.
Speaker 4: Don't call him hoody. I don't think he likes that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: He's not hooty everyone assumed, but he was never Hoodie.
Speaker 1: He's Darius Rutger. Yeah, Guillotine Leagues dot com the funnest for way to play. Let's go back to our preseason action, beginning with Kansas City.
Speaker 3: Chiefs fantasy analysts. Darlene's wide receivers Rushie Rice and Justin Ross will start the season as limited time players, snap package players, not the full time we had hoped for. We'll see how Ctarious Tony's injury comes along for how many snaps they'll get. So yeah, let's should damper your hopes on them a little bit. But they're just really talented. So it kind of guy you want at the end of your roster. They also cut de Nerk Prince, who started off hot but then trailed off the end of the preseason. Once Pachecko got fully healthy, they just kept Pacheco, McKinnon and ce H Clyde Edwards E. Lair on roster.
Speaker 1: Clyde Edwards Law is getting drafted in almost all my leagues.
Speaker 3: Really, I'm like, he's not mine.
Speaker 1: None of my rosters said this was That's one of my personal biggest.
Speaker 3: Was in our league. He didn't, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Las Vegas, by the way, speaking to Chiefs will break down the Thursday night game in a little bit, Las Vegas Raiders Ryan.
Speaker 4: Unlike the Jonathan Taylor situation in Indie, we've finally resolved the Josh Jacobs situation situation in Vegas. He officially inked a one year deal. So last year's RB three will be in action week one. He is he had slipped into the mid to late third round. I've seen him going more like late second now. But if he returns the forum from last year in absolute steel in the late second round, right now.
Speaker 3: I have a Raiders question. There have been images of Jimmy Garoppolo with a dark visor as a quarterback. If he does play with that, does he move up or down to the ranks?
Speaker 1: Charge?
Speaker 3: Because I know that's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: I kind of like it, Yeah, I kind of like it.
Speaker 4: There has been much talk about Jimmy g in preseason, though, which is a sort of alarming. Well, we said Aid and O'Connell.
Speaker 1: Connell's got a lot more buzz than he does.
Speaker 4: Keep an eye on him. He could take.
Speaker 3: But does he wear a dark visor? That's all I need to know.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles Charters Chargers dicker kicker won the kicking job as expected. He was there. He kicked for them at last year in parts of the season as well. Quentin Johnson looked good. But we should note that boring old Josh Palmer got far more first team reps in the.
Speaker 3: Pre Reporters really think he's the number three.
Speaker 1: Quinton Johnson did. So you know, if you're drafting Johnson, just know that this might be a bit of a slog before he gets on the field. And who knows. When you know Josh Palmer was he was, he was a We talked about him a lot at this time last year as somebody that we thought was going to be a nice like last pick of your draft. And he ended up like a sixty catch eight hundred yard season. Yeah, you know, he's not a bad player. Next up the Los Angeles Rams, where we have to talk about Cooper Cup. Of course we.
Speaker 3: Do, we do. He had a slight set back this week with his handstring. We don't we actually don't. We know nothing. We know he had a setback and that's all it is. And he's day to day, which you never know how that's going to be with a hamstring injury, because those things tend to linger reinjure if they don't keep, they don't they're not easy on it. He's day to day. I think that risk pushes him back to round two, round three in many drafts. We don't, we don't know anything. We don't know if he'll be ready for Week one. I would guess.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I believe I dropped him down to like wide receiver fifteen, which is going to put him like third round, fourth round, and face we know right now, usually if you re injure the hamstring, it's a do over. You know, the clock goes back almost to reset, and so it's you know, this is this is patained, potentially very dangerous for Cooper Cup. Miami Dolphins Brian.
Speaker 4: More bad news when it comes to a fantasy football and unexpected development in the Dolphins backfield. On Thursday, when Jeff Wilson Junior was put on IR, he was he had missed most of camp with an undisclosed injuries. But no one really you know, read too much into that. But the beat writers in Miami let us all down big time because he's going to miss at least the first four games for Miami Miami, which makes Raheem Moster the queer cut starter. Yeah, for the Dolphins, Devin, it's a change. We'll back him up, and so we'll Salvin Achmed. So Raheem most are at the starter. But a Chane and Achmed, well, we'll see some touches out of that Miami backfield. But first four games, no go for Jeff Wilson. His agent, Drew Rosenhouse did say he does expect him to return shortly after the four games stint on IRS. Hopefully that's the case.
Speaker 3: That's where I just let everybody else draft the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: I don't have any Dolphine maas same vikings. Jordan Addison looked great all training camp in the limited preseason action and his offensive coordinator. This week, Wes Phillips described him as a Justin Jefferson clone, and you might be thinking, well, you know, it's his own coach, but coaches are very very careful about giving that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they know what Jefferson looks like in practice.
Speaker 1: So that's that says a lot ty Chandler won the backup running back job as predicted on this show, and he's uncontested there. Miles Gaskin was added for depth, and the Vikings re up t J. Hockinson to the biggest deal in tight end history, further cementing his role in the Vikings offense. Next up, New England Patriots.
Speaker 3: Not a whole lot here, Bailey Zappi was waived and then on practice squad after a pretty terrible preseason. They added Matt Coral and Jalen Rager, which from the Vikings it's not a whole lot there.
Speaker 1: Now kants New Orleans Saints.
Speaker 4: I've got more bad news. Kendre Miller. Rookie running back Kendre Miller injured his hamstring on Thursday, So his status for Week one is if he we all know, Alvin Kamara will missed the first four games. He's suspended, So Jamal Williams stocks surging, especially in guillotine leagues, but really all leagues when you want to get off to a hot start.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't even know who else is on the depth chart behind Miller in Kamara, so Jamal Williams in line for a Bell cow role. And lastly, I got to mention quickly if you watched the last preseason game for the Saints, Jimmy Graham looked pretty good. Is he gonna be a thing man I can't like in the red zone? I mean, he's hot, He's just gonna be used in the red zone. But he scored and it was vintage Jimmy Graham.
Speaker 1: He's still probably six foot six and get two.
Speaker 3: Can they get him on field for seven plays a game? He scores a touchdown or two maybe in that amount of snaps.
Speaker 4: It was like a textbook box out on the touchdown. I think he might have played basketball in the past.
Speaker 1: I don't know something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe in for the Giants, Cole Beasley and Jameson Crowder got cut, which means the Giants are down to three slot receivers.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that yeah.
Speaker 1: Just Paris Campbell was the starter along with Wendale Robinson and Sterling Shepherd. The handcuff to Saquon Barkley. I should mention Matt Brita going undrafted in most leagues, so if you want to get that handcuff, there's your guy. Next up, New York Jets.
Speaker 3: Dalvin Cook is now practicing there, so that's that's good. And Robert Sela says, uh, they're going to be smart with Breest Hall's usage, which says to me they view that the Jets are a playoff team, possible contenders, and they're going to run a little bit of a committee there to keep everyone healthy. I'm not I'm not sure how much I'm loving that. There's also a little bit of talk about Tyler Conklin has been Rogers number two and and might be the number two for the season behind Wilson, which I don't. We'll see how much Rogers buddies on the team are going to play into that layer.
Speaker 1: All right. Next up, Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 4: No, we're not going to talk about Dan Arnold.
Speaker 1: Why not? We spent a lot of time on Dan Arnold last week?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, the Dolphins or the Dolphins. I'm sorry that the Eagles made a huge mistake, because when Arnold gets targets in twenty twenty one, we are Arnold. I'm not done twenty twenty one with the Jaguars. Before he got injured, he was one of five tight ends to have three straight games with sixty receiving yards, with Travis Kelsey, Mark Andrews, George Kittle, Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 3: Can we just change this to Dantasy Football Weekly?
Speaker 1: Amazing?
Speaker 4: He will have his time.
Speaker 1: His time will come picked him up when he got cut.
Speaker 4: He's still out there.
Speaker 3: But don't worry.
Speaker 4: Hey, if we want to go over missus, we can do that. I never said like draft Dan Arnold in the first round or anything.
Speaker 5: He was like not yet.
Speaker 4: For now, Dan will be fine. I can own up to it. I'll go back to the Saints real quick. Kirk Merritt might be the backup running back. Yeah, I've never heard of career, but he's he's a real person. But who are we talking about? The Eagles. Yeah, we'll stick with the running back topic. Rashod Penny has made the team. Things were looking a little dicey for Penny in the preseason, but another backfield that is super murky in Philly with Kenneth Gainwell, who is still the supposed starter, DeAndre Swift, Rashad Penny. We'll just have to see how that that plays out. But really another one to you really want to avoid him.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm willing to be wrong on the Eagles backs because I don't I don't want to play that game. Steelers first team offense had five preseason drives and five preseason too. Yeah, and Aleck, you know, you know it's only preseason. We're not trying to read too much into this, but Steelers offensive line looks much improved. Can He Pikett looks much improved. All the Steelers players available at a pretty healthy discount coming off of last year's down season, So you know, there might be it might be a buyer's market for the Steelers who have looked good this preseason. San Francisco forty.
Speaker 3: Nine ers Scott Elijah Mitchell returned to practice after the a doctor strain. The same week, the foy nine ers state they want to they want to have Christian McCaffrey get a little less work this year.
Speaker 1: So does that comment change your feelings on Christian McCaffrey right now? Going off the board as pick two, pick three in fantasy.
Speaker 3: He's still so I think they want to use Christian McCaffrey efficiently, and he's such an efficient player anyway through the passage.
Speaker 1: So do you like him more because they say they're going to try to keep him on the field lest you always hate that he's going to be Therefore, you always hate the takeaway a volume and you worry that part of that is goal line stuff where he has a great nose for the end zone. But maybe they want to take away those hits. So I know I don't like him more, but I certainly still have him ranked around the same. They also, and I you know, they obviously traded Trey Lance to the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: We've talked about that a little. But they released Chris Conley this week. No, I know, Yes, I had.
Speaker 1: Not our twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: I had to bring it up our twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Take a chance on me, superstars, superstar.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's not on a team now. He's somewhere with Dan Arnold hanging out Seattle Seahawks Brian.
Speaker 4: Rookie, wide receiver Jackson Smith and Jigba back at practice after undergoing rist surgery a couple of weeks ago. We were speculating he was gonna miss multiple weeks, but it looks like he might be ready for week one. And this is really more for the Dynasty players out there a deep stash. But if something were to happen to any of these starting receivers for Seattle, especially DK Metcalf, Jake Bobo, underrafted wide receiver out of UCLA getting rave reviews out of camp, made the team's six four, two hundred and ten pounds. Jake Bobo, We're big Bobo Bobo's now I'm a big Bobo Bobo.
Speaker 1: Tampa Bay, the talk of training camp. Running back Sean Tucker easily made the cut and most people believe he's the immediate backup to Rashad White, and maybe this is closer to a fifty to fifty time share than people think. The Bucks are very high. Also on sixth round, wide out Trey Palmer Worth with Russell Gage out for the year. Palmer's rejected to get starting reps as early as week one. He's a former track star who ran a four to three three combine. He mostly ran in the slot in Nebraska. But the problem is Chris Godwin's in the slot, so the Bucks are trying to push him outside and maybe he can be an outside receiver opposite Mike Evans. Like most track stars turned football players, Palmer's kind of a one trick guy. Run fast, run straight. But maybe over time he develops into you know, develops some a a better repertoire of moves. So we'll see. We'll keep tracking Trey Palmer. Trey Palmer, Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 3: Let's let's stick with the trays and go with Trey. Lawn Burks back at practice and we already saw a great one handed catch landing on the leg that had the LCL sprain. He's also cutting. He's got the sleeve off now too. Looks like he's going to be good to go for week one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good news. We're excited for that. I continue to worry that Tennessee's just doesn't get fantasy points out of their second receiver.
Speaker 3: We'll see if that possible.
Speaker 1: Lastly, Washington Commanders.
Speaker 4: Wide receiver Terry McLaurin still uncertain for Week one with his turf toe injury. We all love Johan Dotson, of course, but if McLaurin were to miss a game or two, that bumps up Curtis Samuel and Diami Brown and Logan Thomas, who I had as a deep deep sleeper making progress with his calf injury. They've been cautious with him. But if you were to miss Week one, Cole Turner against the Cardinals for you daily players, bare minimum, ye, amazing matchup.
Speaker 1: Just Sam Howell.
Speaker 4: If you're into daily well that too. He's gonna be kind of.
Speaker 1: Chalky though you think he's gonna be too jockey.
Speaker 4: Everyone's gonna use the Cardinals in their eliminator, in their survivor pool too as well. I'm sorry that the Commanders against the Cardinals at home.
Speaker 1: This is Jame in Washington right here. Yeah, no doubt about it. When do we come back, We're gonna talk through your draft day persona. What's your mindset going into your draft? You go high risk, you going low risk, you're going rookies.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: We'll talk through what your roster construction looks like when you do that. Also, consider taking a shadow league of your regular league as a guillotine league. Take a lot save players play in a private guillotine league. Guillotine leagues dot com. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. It is draft season, last week of your chance to draft. Yes, yeah, coming up in a little bit. We're gonna talk about drafting it this time of year versus drafting a month ago. Yeah, we'll talk more about that later.
Speaker 4: Well, it is the last week in like standard leagues, but don't forget league ard. Anytime there is drafts week two, week three, you can always spin up a new yueteen league and they will be available at least through week nine ten.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So you go into your draft with sort of a theme, a preset, a mindset like I want to be I want to choose safe players, I want to choose risky players.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: I asked each of you to come up with a mind set to have. And then how does that draft look every round? You know, if you go into the particular mindset, what does that roster construction look like? In you listeners, you can listen to the totality of it and go, yeah, I like that or I don't like that, And that gives you a sense of which mindset you should walk into your draft with. I'm gonna start with a do the opposite draft. This should show nobody.
Speaker 3: This sounds fresh and new.
Speaker 1: This is fresh and new. Everybody. Everybody's doing it now, all the kids are doing Do the Opposite now, So if you haven't heard this show in twenty years, Do the Opposite is where you chue running backs until the mid rounds because running back to the most vallible position, and you don't want to put your highest draft capital into the most dangerous position, So we load up on other positions and then we hit then we hit running backs in the mid rounds. Here's what my draft looks like through eight rounds of Do the Opposite. Round one and I kind of would like right down the middle roughly of each of these rounds. Round one, Tyreek Hill, safe player, very good player. Round two Garrett Wilson. Obviously I'm not taking running backs. I love Garrett Wilson. I can get him in the middle of round two, coming off one of the best rookie receiver seasons ever.
Speaker 3: Earlier in the year, he was my guy outside the top twelve wide receivers. I thought could be wide receiver one this year. Now he's like wide receiver four.
Speaker 1: So you would say that exactly. I think. I think I've got him at six on my cheat sheet. Now it's round three, I've got two receivers. I'm gonna go Lamar Jackson here for the freaky upside. Right then, I'm gonna go round four. I'm still not going running back yet. I'm gonna go Calvin Ridley. I've already got two receivers, so I'm filling a flex spot here with Calvin Ridley in around a lot. Now, why not take a chance to Ridley's got the super high upside. Maybe some downside to him. Sure, but I've already got two good receivers.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Now it's round five. I gotta square my square away my tight end. You know how I feel about this. You gotta have You gotta have one of the six good tight ends in my world. Darren Waller, Oh, I love the upside.
Speaker 3: How are you passed on Damian Pierce over Ridley last?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I can't do that and do the opposite draft. So now now it's round six, and now I'm looking at running backs.
Speaker 5: A K.
Speaker 1: Dobbo. Yes, I get a starting running back on it, which should be a more balanced offense.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk more about JK. Dobbins later.
Speaker 3: We will.
Speaker 1: I want you to round seven, Denver running back Javonte Williams. Okay, okay, I'll play for the bounce back here and then round eight, I'm gonna go running back again. I'll take aj Dillon. I'll get my call, I'll get the gold mine guy. I don't love Dylan, but it's round eight. I got a starting, I got a starter. He's a flex guy. Actually I don't know how to start them. He kind of just flex AJ Dillon. So there's my eight round. Do the opposite draft, Tyler Kill, Garrett Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Calvin Ridley, Darren Waller, JK. Dobbins, Javontay Williams, aj Dillon. I love this team. I'm ready to go to war.
Speaker 3: It's all right.
Speaker 4: It's good.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: If you do too, consider it. Do the opposite draft. Let's go to Brian with your draft strategy or your draft mindset.
Speaker 4: Called dto to do the opposite of the opposite.
Speaker 1: Do the opposite of do the opposite.
Speaker 4: And this is a retro draft. This is what people used to do. This is taking three running backs with your first three three picks. This is now like this is how it used to go fifteen twenty years ago. People would do this cause there would be.
Speaker 3: Like Sean Alexander twenty.
Speaker 4: Five running backs that dominated the backfield.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back when there were were course backs.
Speaker 4: Now there aren't many. So if you can actually successfully execute this, it will require some luck not getting any you know, injury bugs biting your backs. You have a major edge on most of your league. So we'll go through this round by round, and I got like a couple of candidates, so you can take in each round. Starting in round one, you should be able to and land Austin Eckler, Nick Chubb, or Bjon Robinson. I like Chubb and Eckler way more than Bijon because we still don't know if he's gonna get that bell cow usage.
Speaker 3: But running back, so yeah, he's the preseason so you so we'll go Echlo Chubb in round one.
Speaker 4: In round two, you can land either Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard or Derrick Henry, who sadly is in the twilight of his career. I prefer Barkley of these three. He's in a contract year. Again, you can expect bell cow usage from Barkley in a very high scoring offense or offenses that's projected to be high scoring. So there's your first two picks. We'll just call it say Eckler and Barkley or Chubb and Barkley. And round three you're looking at Josh Jacobs, hopefully who again has signed a one year deal expected to get a ton of usage. Joe Mixon is kind of the last bell Cow candidate here, but I'm gonna keep Andre Stevenson in the mix. I know Ezekiel Elliott has signed with the Patriots, but their career paths are on totally different.
Speaker 1: Back like different arcs.
Speaker 4: Stevenson is surging, Zeke is on the way down. I don't think Zeke's gonna steal too much work from Ramandre, but I prefer Jacobs out of those three. So you got your three running backs there. Now you got to get your your wide receivers, your quarterback, and your tight end. So in round four, I'll go for my first wide receiver. Whether it's DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, or Christian Watson. Those are all the number one receiving options for their teams. I'd be happy to go with go to war with any of them as my wide receiver. One with those three running backs have drafted in the first three rounds, then in rounds five and six, you want to get your first quarterback end or your first tight end. In round five, you can go between either Joe Burrow or Darren Waller. I prefer to take Waller here because then in round six I can get Trevor Lawrence. That's my quarterback one. But if you went Burrow in round five, you can get TJ. Hockinson in round six. You can't be too upset with having t J. Hawkinson as your tight end one. Lastly, the last two rounds will need your wide receiver two and your wide receiver three. In round seven you're looking at Chris Godwin, Zay Flowers, Jordan Addam, all nice options in PPR, and then round eight Jackson Smith and Jigua. But I'd rather lean Michael Pittman's available there or Courtland Sutton were both the wide receiver ones, clear cut wide receiver ones for their team.
Speaker 1: Sol Sutton is for now, I mean for now, when Judy's back, he's the he's the ghost.
Speaker 4: I don't trust Judy at all, but hopefully I'm wrong there.
Speaker 1: I kind of do too. He's ad a heavy discount right now, all right, So there's your do the opposite of do the opposite. So running back, I don't give me one player from each round.
Speaker 4: You if you do the opposite of the opposite, you can get Austin Eckler, Saquon Barkley, Josh Jacobs, DJ Moore, Darren Waller, Trevor Lawrence, Chris Godwin, Michael Pittman. I like that team as long as my running back stay healthy.
Speaker 1: Scott, you took a what approach, a rookie heavy approach.
Speaker 3: Weird that I got this one, Yeah, strange like yeah, Thor being in here would probably get this one too. So all right, so and give me one player round. Yeah, yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. I'm I'm just gonna go down the list and then I'm gonna give you what my roster looks like at the end.
Speaker 1: Okay, perfect.
Speaker 3: I started. First round, I went with John Robinson. If I'm going rookie heavy, it's probably got to be Jean Robbins.
Speaker 1: That's got to be the pick.
Speaker 3: The second round, not real, not a whole really, no rookies there. So I went Garrett Wilson, who I've been drafting everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Third round, my big options were Jamiir Gibbs or a wide receiver. Jamiir Gibbs being the rookie, and then the wide receivers are like DK Metcalf, you know, T Higgins types.
Speaker 1: So the rookie.
Speaker 3: I went with the rookie to stay rookie heavy, Bje. How do you feel about Gibbs. I'm nervous about the touchdown. I feel like he's I feel like he's a special player. I just don't know where his touches will be, and I don't know where he'll get if he gets goal line work. But I love that offense. I love what Ben Johnson's doing over there. So Jamiir Gibbs. Next round. I reached around a little bit for Jamian Pierce. I need to get me some Damian Pierce here. And now I've got three running backs in the first four rounds, which I don't love, but I did so knowing where the rookie wide receivers go in these drafts, and I already have my wide receiver one in Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 4: And Peters is like almost half a rookie because he missed half of his rookie season.
Speaker 3: Okay, you missed a couple of yeah yeah, Next round, like you charge, I gotta give me some Darren Waller in that fifth I said this last week. And if I'm in the fifth round and Darren Waller and Waller is there, it's an auto pick for me. So Darren Waller, then here's where I go wide receivers, and I see these rookies and whatnot, these young players I love. In the next three rounds, I knocked down Jordan Edison, Jackson Smith and Jigba and Johan Dotson. All those are my next three rounds. I got those three going with Garrett Wilson. I'm fine with that receiving corps. You've thrown out Wilson and Dotson and Addison and and Jigba for the first for your four wide receivers. I'm good. Uh. Then I go back to back of Kirk Cousins and Anthony Richardson. I take the super high upside rookie that can get tons of and then I take and I also take the safe other guy to make sure that I have a good I haven't after that tank bigsby Nico Collins, Roshan Johnson. I went thirteen rounds on you, okay, but I did draft six or seven rookies. So here's what I got in my rookie heavy at quarterback Ready Richardson and Cousins.
Speaker 1: You like that, Yeah, yeah, absolutely like you backed him up with Cousins.
Speaker 3: Yes, running back Bijon Robinson, Jamier Gibbs, Damian Pierce, Tank Bigsby Roshan Johnson. I'm happy with those, Yeah, I got. I got Bijon and pierces my starters, and some upside wide receiver. I got Garrett Wilson, Jordan Addison, JSN Jaxons Smith and Jigba, Johan Dotson and Nico Collins all could be wide receiver ones or twos on their teams. And then Darren Waller at tight end and wha.
Speaker 1: Waller's really the only old guy on this roster.
Speaker 3: He is, but when you're talking about the top six tight ends, my only other optionist pits and he didn't land right for my draft.
Speaker 4: You could make the argument that Garrett Wilson is a rookie in the sense that this is his first year to playing with a competent quarterback. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: The same thing for Johan Dotson.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So now that we all agree, I clearly have the best team. No, I think, well, you've got more players. So I got thirteen. I got thirteen picks, eight over here.
Speaker 1: All right, the last draft persona is the safe draft. If you just want proven guys that don't have all the sizzle. As you know, so many people walk into the draft going I want to be the smartest guy here. I'm taking the guy nobody's heard of or the guy that hasn't proved yet, and when it turns out that he's great, I'm gonna look brilliant. What if you want to flip that over proven players who don't get injured, generally play on high scoring offenses.
Speaker 3: Can I make a statement here? My son before this year was completely out of the you know, analyst echo chamber and listening to all this stuff, and he simply grabbed safe players that score points. He's never finished worse than second in the league.
Speaker 1: There's a lot to that, a lot to that.
Speaker 3: I just want safe players to score points.
Speaker 1: This is the opposite of what you just did. Basically, you took all upside young players exactly. So round one we're gonna go Travis Kelce available usually right round four or pick four, So of round one, round two we're gonna go Jalen Hurts proven everything that we needed needed him to prove. We loved him going into this at this time last year, and he paid off on that and he's got even more upside this year. Round three Seattle wide receiver DK Metcalf. Proven guy. You know what you're gonna get, and it's, you know, obviously very productive. Round four the old man Keenan Alley. Yep, it's look it. All he does is be productive. Yes, he misses a few games a year and I almost threw him out because of that, but you know, super productive guy. Hall of Fame career for Keenan Allen. Round five Damian Pierce. I think he's proven. All he needs to prove.
Speaker 3: Yep. Sure.
Speaker 1: Round six Alexander Madison. Now he's proven in that he belongs in the NFL. He's now starting at a proven offense and at the goal line they're probably gonna give him the ball. So yeah, sure, Alexander Madison is my sort of boring, safe draft running back. Then round seven, another running back. You'll notice that you also worked in a do the opposite. Here we went tight end, quarterback receiver receiver. Now we're going with three straight running shots David Montgomery. Okay, okay, so a lot of we're gonna have that right, and he can catch and he can you know, you can still get carries outside of the goal line, and he's a better non goal line runner the Jamal Williams was. And then round eight again, sticking with this theme of safe, kind of boring guys, Brandon Cooks. Brandon Cooks is good, you know, finds himself in a good landing spot with a good quarterback, and.
Speaker 3: Especially at his price, he like always gets a thousand yards and we just yeah, we just no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Brandon Cooks. Whenever nobody's nobody's excited to get Brandon Cooks. I am so Travis Kelcey, Jalen Hurts, DK Metcalf, Keenan Allen, Damian Pierce, Alexander Madison, David Montgomery, Brandon Cooks. That's the boring safe draft. Nobody loves it, nobody loves the sizzle. But these are all guys who are proven it.
Speaker 3: Did you take a you took a quarterback in both the years, Brian, did you take a quarterback in yours?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Quarterback?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Burrow?
Speaker 4: I took Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Burrow and Lawrence are in that five.
Speaker 3: So in all three years, do you do you feel you need to get one of those top eight quarterbacks? Do you feel that the drop offs that that big that you like If you're doing a draft, do you want to get one of those top eight or you're fine dropping out.
Speaker 4: It's not a necessity, but it just kid drop offs after Lawrence is like the consensus QB eight, and then it's Deshaun Watson like two rounds later, and you don't want to be the guy taking Deshaun Watson. Basically, we've talked about that a lot.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't like Joe Burrow. We all love Joe Burrow, we all love Trevor Lawrence. Here's the problem. Those elite rushing quarterbacks that style you two different ways are going in round one, round two, beginning a round three after that. Now I dropped down to the Burrow Trevor Lawrence stuff right, and I gotta pay fourth round for those guys, but I can get eighty percent of their production in the eighth round, Gino, tenth round, Gino Smith Kirk Cousins, I get eighty percent of what those guys and.
Speaker 3: Then you're getting a stud wide receiver or whatever exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm getting some study.
Speaker 3: That is another reason why I love Anthony Richardson and backing up safe because I think I read something like running quarterbacks that get over seven hun hundred yards rushing. Almost every single one has been a top twelve quarterback.
Speaker 4: Burrow and Lawrence both five rushing touchdowns last year, though four fourth most they can, They are mobile, and they get a little bit.
Speaker 3: They got a little bit Burrough's gun injury.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: We'll coming up next our number two Fantasy Football Weekly, including three tough questions you want to see if you can go three and oh against our panel of experts, if they can go three and oh, they're not sure for sure. Also, Guillotine leagues dot com i chiech sheet available for free and all your Guillotine league needs were the only site built specifically for that style of play. Guillotine leagues dot Com back in moments for our number two Fantasy Football Week. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Chargion, Scott Fish, and Brian Johnson follow us on the site formerly known as Twitter at for Scott Fish at Scott Fish twenty four.
Speaker 3: You got it, here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm in now, I'm in regular season four.
Speaker 3: There it is.
Speaker 1: You can follow Brian Johnson at bt XJ and I'm at Paul Charcion. This is a game we call three tough questions.
Speaker 5: Tough question number one.
Speaker 1: Two years ago, Damian Harris surprised many with fifteen touchdowns. Last year, Jamal Williams had seventeen touchdowns. Give me an off the radar candidate for a fifteen touchdown season, Brian.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm taking the easy Chalky way out. Bye. You're saying Jamal williams replacement in David Montgomery in Detroit. As you mentioned, Jamal Williams seventeen rushing touchdowns last year. Now, granted, I'm monro Saint Brown got tackled at the one yard line like five or six times, which helped contribute to that touchdown total. But Jamal Williams no longer in Detroit. David Montgomery signed to supposedly take over his role, or that's what we can all assume we know. Jamir Gibbs was also drafted by Detroit. They sunk a ton of draft capital into him, but he's really not built for the goal line. We talked about this last week. His stuff rate is incredibly high, his yards over expectation incredibly lowed. It's not what you want to see from a goal line back. So the Detroit offense shouldn't take many like big steps backwards from last year. So, and David Montgomery a household name when it comes to fantasy football players, but he's still RB twenty five. Seems kind of off the radar to me for a guy that does have double digit touchdown potential, maybe even fifteen touchdown.
Speaker 1: All right, David Montgomery's here, answers, Scott, give me an off the radar candidate for a fifteen touchdown season.
Speaker 3: So I thought about David Montgomery, but I kind of felt like you were trying to bait me into it after we talked about David Montgomery last week with similar situation, and Brian touched on a lot of those points. I have two. I have both. I don't know how off the radar they are, but I'm going to start with Anthony Richardson. I think it's very possible he punches fifteen in on the ground, the amount of design runs they have for him. We've seen what Jalen Hurts did scoring thirteen or fourteen last year. We saw justin Fields score ten last year, and I think there's a little more opportunity for him than there are for those two. Given Taylor's going to be out four weeks and they have, you know, a pretty good offense at least one of the best offensive linemen in the in the game, but decently decent offensive line. But my second one, I felt like, maybe you actually wanted a running back. So I'm going to go to a running back. I'm going to go with JK. Dobbins.
Speaker 1: All right, make your case.
Speaker 3: I'm going to JK. Dobbins in an offense that I think is going to be one of the top offenses in the league. I think it's going to be one where he's going to get a lot of opportunities. And if you look at the a few of the years with Todd Monkin when he was with the Jacksonville Jaguars, MJD went for fourteen touchdowns, sixteen touchdowns. He had a Fred Taylor MJD split, which I don't think there's really a lot of us split here with Dobbins where they combined for fourteen touchdowns. He's kind of done it with backs before. So with a top offensive line that the Ravens have, we saw JK. Dobbins's rookie year score nine touchdowns on he scored nine times.
Speaker 1: He scored nine times on just one hundred.
Speaker 3: And thirty four carries. He's going to get a ton more than that this year. His college and this isn't rushing, but his college tape showed he's like Damian Pierce, a capable bass catcher that just hasn't been asked to do it. I think that this might be a sneaky play here in JK. Dobbins might get to fifteen.
Speaker 1: All right, you gotta bring it down to one guy. You don't get two answers to this question. Pick Richardson or Dobbins.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I'm gonna stick with Dobbins. I think Richardson might be more likely. I think Dobbins is the sneak year one. I'll go Dobbins.
Speaker 1: The correct answer is sneaky under the radar player who can score fifteen touchdowns? JK. Dobbins, Yes, answer that boom now prior to last year when Baltimore's offense was in tatters and you know Dobbins was hurt, Lamar Jackson was hurt. The here's the Ravens NFL ranks and rushing touchdowns over the previous four years tenth, third, fifth, sixth. I know what you're saying, Oh, but charge that was Lamar Jackson running in all those touchdowns. No, it wasn't last year at two. The year before he had three rushing touchdowns. They don't use them at the stripe that way. Baltimore running backs have scored fourteen or more touchdowns and five of the past six seasons, and through JK. Dobbins career, he has turned thirteen career goal line carries into ten touchdown Yeah. That is a seventy seven percent conversion rate, which is mind bogglingly high. He is a goal line assassin. Boom, JK. Dobbins, Is he correct?
Speaker 4: An?
Speaker 3: I like that we landed on the same one.
Speaker 1: Well, that means you got it right side. Note by the way, JK. Dobbins to lead the NFL in rushing touchdowns, you can bet that. And if it's evel in your state forty five to one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see it. When I was looking up the sneaky ones, I specifically looked at that to find someone who is well outside the top ten.
Speaker 5: Tough question number two.
Speaker 1: Most people believe there are six proven tight ends. Should you draft two of the six, creating further scarcity at the most short suited position, Scott.
Speaker 3: So I get the thought and I have done bully tight end drafting two of the top ones many times in my fantasy career. I love the move. It gives me a great flex player, and it keeps me out of bye week. Hell for my tight end, I absolutely love the move. It's just so tough this year, given that those six height ends pretty much are gone by the end of the fifth. Sometimes you'll get Pitts sliding into the sixth.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: It's really really tough. So I would say no, generally, there's just too much talent on the board. That said, I literally drafted Waller and Pitts in a draft this week because I got Pits at six eleven when.
Speaker 1: He's not counting the top one of the top six.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, where you're.
Speaker 1: Getting this, Pits is one of the top six guys.
Speaker 3: He isn't he the sixth? ADP?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm talking like reality here now, Okay, Brian's fantasy were No, No.
Speaker 3: He's my tight end six, and I'm pretty sure he's sixth and tight end ADP all right, if.
Speaker 1: You can play that if you want. Okay, Kittle is out of your top six. No, no, okay, yes, Goddard is out of top six in eighty telling four. No, No, I agree. I like Goddard, so the is just outside. The answer for you is no, do not draft two of the top six tight ends?
Speaker 3: Or yes, it's it's no. There's a little too much value there, all right, right? I love the move.
Speaker 1: Should you draft to two of the six proven tight ends, creating further scarcity at the most short suited position.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say no to if you draft Travis Kelcey, the clear cut tight end one. Supposedly you've Alreay sunk. That's the first round pick basically, so you can't go another tight end in my mind. But if if you don't have Kelsey and you're gonna go with a Mark Andrews, A, George Kittle, TJ Hawks, and Darren Waller. Those are all guys who were in the top eight among tight ends in points per game last year roughly around seven and half ppr. But if you go down to tight end eighteen nineteen twenty, it's only only a one and a half point difference. So I'm gonna say no, you don't need to draft what two of the top six.
Speaker 1: You tell me tight end eighteen is giving me one fewer point than tight end four.
Speaker 4: Greg Dolcich was at five point three. TJ. Howkin is in seven point five. Okay, that's like two points.
Speaker 1: Hackinson is only seven Fantasy points per game.
Speaker 4: And half point PPR not not PPR al right, full PPR. Ravis Kelsey twelve for reference in half point PPR t.
Speaker 1: Most people do not have two flex positions. You know we're doing guiote because it's an eighteen team league. Most people don't if you got two flex positions. I'm really in on this, this tight end really strategy because I gain you know, I'm not losing my one and only flex position. The reason I'm I don't draft two of the six tight ends and I always draft one of the six proven tight ends is because I'm putting myself in a position, right, I lose flexibility by putting I gotta now start my tight end in my flex spot, and I may very well have a different player that's scoring more Fantasy points then my tight my second tight end is So I'm on the no side of this.
Speaker 3: You draft that high, he's a starter, you're drafting the starter. If you can't start, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, round five to go get my second tight end. That's a starter. I can't. I can't do it unless you've got some I'm.
Speaker 3: Just mostly fine with taking shots at Kincaid's and Lamportas and guys like that later. I'm fine with it as a second trying Yeah for the second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you mispronounced Gerald Everett.
Speaker 5: Tough question number three.
Speaker 1: With Jonathan Taylor's situation unraveling this last week, a lot of fantasy owners are dunking on those who draft before Labor Day? Are they right?
Speaker 4: Brian Well, as someone who started drafting in February.
Speaker 1: Before pre Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: They are not right because I laugh at the notion of, oh, my whole team is healthy going into Week one, nothing bad is going to happen to.
Speaker 3: My ten Christian McCaffrey gets injured week one.
Speaker 4: Well, let's go through some historic injuries in either week one or Week two of very significant relevant fantasy players. Starting in twenty twenty. Courtland Sutton, coming off a Pro Bowl season in twenty nineteen, injured week one, missed the rest of the season. Same year twenty twenty, Saquon Barkley injured week two, missed the rest of the season. David Johnson in twenty seventeen number one overall pick. Yeah, yep, injured. Like so the second drive of week one missed the rest of the season. Alan Robinson pro bowler at the time in twenty seventeen injured Week one, missed the rest of the season. Going further back, Jamal Charles in twenty eleven, first round pick, injured Week two, missed the rest of the season. Tom Brady in two thousand and eight, coming off he was that was like the one year to one quarterback leagues when a quarterback was getting drafted in the first round. Here Tom Brady coming off the twenty seven season right injured Week one missed the rest of the season. And you can make the case if someone gets injured in early August, they're essentially safe to start the season healthy because they're not going to suffer a major injury. So, no, it doesn't matter when you d draft whenever you want. You're not safe if you draft after Labor Day because something bad, unfortunately, is gonna happen to players in week one, Week two, week three, So there really is no difference in my mind.
Speaker 3: I believe Michael Vick was a Week two as well. That was another one back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, brih Scott with Jonathan Taylor's situation and raveling last week. A lot of fantasy owners are dunking on those who draft before Labor Day? Are they right?
Speaker 3: So no, the answer is no. I'll start there. The answer is very clearly no.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: The thing that the thing about this for me is that I believe that you should draft when your owners can get together. You should, and you shouldn't league shame like ten man leagues, twelve man leagues, twelve person leagues, ten person leagues, whatever, whatever settings you like, don't league shame, don't shame when they draft. Everybody gets to enjoy fantasy the way they want to enjoy fantasy. That's where I start out. But as far as the dunking on people who draft before Labor Day, Brian mentioned all the early season injuries. I've made these tweets before I saw tweets yesterday, like this is why you don't draft before Christmas because anything. This is why you don't draft before the trade deadline because someone can get trade. My weird thing about this is also the ironic notion of when you see people dunking, they'll say it's you're stupid if you do, or you're an idiot. The smartest fantasy players in the world, the ones who make thousands upon tens of hundreds of millions playing fantasy draft before then. The reason is like a lot of those sharp, super smart fantasy minds can analyze these trends and forecast these things, and project these things and model it out into their range of outcomes and gain edges. They're actually the smartest fantasy players actually draft before Labor Day. Susie from accounting or whatever you said the other day, she's the one drafting after Labor Day.
Speaker 1: Susan's it was running at home depot as you may recall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, the smartest fantasy players actually draft before labor Day and after labor Day. But really, for me, it's mostly just draft. When you want a draft, or when you can get your people together, it doesn't matter. It's fun. Things like injuries and suspensions and weird things can happen whenever.
Speaker 1: Of course, the correct answer is draft when you want to draft. There's nothing more important, especially for in person fantasy drafts, to your friends. Just get together when you can get out everybody's schedules to align. Who cares when it is, there's nothing more important than meeting in the driveway or the backyard, the barbecue, the bourbon, the smack talk, handing off your traveling trophy, you know, like going from last year's winter to this year's winner, noticing all the receiding airlines without mentioning anything because you've got the save receding airline. All of that is awesome. And those finger wagging narcissists who say that you know you're doing it wrong if you're not drafting after the last preseason game, they can pounce sand pounding. I don't care, and I'm going to expand on what you said, Scott. Early drafting helps the kind of people who listen to this show because you're head of the curve at this stage the preseason where we are now, even the casuals know kind of everything all the you know, all the cheat sheets are updated. You know, everybody's up to speed now. But if you're draft the earlier draft, the earlier you draft, the bigger advantage you have serious fantasy football player to end up with a better outcome. Don't be so scared that your guy might suffer a hamstring injury. Odds are it won't happen to you. And that's just part of the variation of the game. You can't fight it all the time. You have a better advantage if you're a smarter player by drafting earlier. Yep, Brian said much of the same thing drafting back in February.
Speaker 4: Well, in most cases too, you're playing in a league or a bigger contest where everyone is subject to the same risk too. It's not just like so, yeah, it's preposterous, but yeah, like we've been banging the drum for John Dodson since March. Yeah, his ADP has gone up about five rounds.
Speaker 1: Real as it really has.
Speaker 4: Knock on wood, nothing happens at Johan Dodson in Week.
Speaker 3: One, but it's still mad again, Bucking sniped in my home league.
Speaker 1: Next segment, We've spent four shows, four preseason shows, talking about all the things we think are gonna happen. This is the one segment where we talk about.
Speaker 4: What if I'm wrong?
Speaker 1: What if you know some of our key assumptions aren't quite right. Stay tuned for a lot of this. I was maybe maybe we're not wrong yet, but we could be. When we return Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Final week of most drafts. You can continue to draft at Guillotine leagues dot Com for the better part of two months. You just get one the last week of action. That's all you'll have. Instead of having eighteen team league, you have a seventeen team league, and then sixteen and then a fifteen and it's still super fun. Guyeteen leagues dot Com. My cheecheet available for free. This is a segment we call well what if I'm I was not exactly right? What if I'm wrong? So you know we've you get a lot of big takes on this show. They're not all right. In fact, me in particular wrong a lot. We'll talk about the other side of the coin on some of our strongest takes from the preseason. Because we're not perfect, Scott, Let's begin with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's start over with Johan Dotson and Sam Howell. I'm gonna pair them together because I'm all in on the Washington offense this year for Fantasy at least, I love these two. I've had Dotson ranked ten to twelve spots higher than most places. It seems like that's come around. I love his route running, I love his connection with Howell in the preseason and the end of last year Week seventeen. But what if I'm wrong. It's very possible that offense just doesn't go. This was the twenty fourth ranked offense from a year ago. They have a bottom five offensive line. They have the ninth hardest strength of schedule. Their win total by Vegas is six and a half. They don't expect them to lowest. Yeah, if you look at that schedule, they don't seemingly have a lot of shootout type games either. They have more slog fests. They do have like a Bills game in an Eagles game and what but those are good defense. They do get the Cardinals in Week one, so maybe they prefer Week one. But McLaurin his injury, his lingering toe injury. That that you're like, oh, the hot Johan Dotson's could get more opportunity. What if it just sinks the offense more. Yeah, and they don't have as many opportunities. I could make counterpoints, as I'm sure you could charge, because we both kind of love them, but we could be wrong on that Washington offense and Dotson and Howell.
Speaker 1: That is that is possible. And by saying we you know it's me and you are on this first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I brought it up. I wanted to bring you down with.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that. I appreciate it all right, Brian, what if you're wrong.
Speaker 4: About Oh you left me hanging there? Okay, take with it there last segment I said, I've been drafting since February. I'm a best ball degenerate. I've literally drafted hundreds and hundreds of teams. So I've viewed this as like what players I've essentially faded for the most part across the board at the number one guy for me has been Breeze Hall. So what if I'm wrong about Breese Hall and he turns out to be a top twelve running back. Last year, before injury.
Speaker 1: He was great.
Speaker 4: He could have been an RB one at the end of the year, but he blew out his knee in late October, so he will be less than a year removed from that injury. Going into Week one, I thought he might start the season on the pup list, but he should be playing. But the Jets signed Dalvin Cook. They drafted Isiabana Konda, not in the first or second round, but he's a promising looking rookie. Michael Carter still still in town, so very crowded running back room. The Jets essentially are all in right now by signing Aaron Rodgers and trying to win the Super Bowl. So I could be wrong. I don't think Breese Hall is gonna get the touches to be a top twelve running back. But if for some reason he makes this miraculous full recovery and gets twenty twenty five touches per game, he could be. So I'm worried I'm wrong there, but I don't think I am, but I could be.
Speaker 1: I've been slandering Deshaun Watson all preseason. Yes, you know the report, you know, all basically getting no preseason action. The training camp reports were all super negative.
Speaker 3: And he still doesn't look good.
Speaker 1: Hated what I saw in the first hated the way they used him, and what we saw last year in Cleveland where he averaged just he had only had four designed runs per game. You know, we're here for the running, not the passing. On Deshaun Watson, He's an average NFL passer. But maybe I'm wrong, you know, maybe this thing's gonna work out differently. Maybe Deshaun Watson's going to go right back to where he was in twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, twenty twenty. Maybe that's possible. I don't think so, but not impossible. I suppose he's got Amari Cooper, he's good. Maybe Elijah Moore is gonna be a big spot that offense in that passing game. Maybe maybe there's more upside to him. Maybe the Drafters have it right. He's gonna have to board his quarterback nine. I have him ranked a quarterback twenty one. So you know, maybe I'm the one that's wrong in Deshaan Watson and he's gonna just revert right back to form like the Drafters think, Scott, who's your next? What if I'm wrong?
Speaker 4: Player?
Speaker 3: Mine has to be a guy who I believe I have in every single league, and I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. I have him everywhere. I reach a round or two for him just to get him, because fantasy is supposed to be fun. Anthony Richardson, The argument for me is his I feel like his floor is safe. Qbs rush for seven hundred plus yards are almost always top twelve quarterbacks. They basically all average fifteen plus Fantasy points per game. If he only throws for one hundred and twenty yards, I feel like he's gonna get fifty or sixty or whatever on the ground a guy like him, maybe he punches one in. But what if I'm wrong? What if his passing is in the low fifty percent completion rate so bad? What if we are looking at some early career Justin Fields type's number. What if they can't get that offense going the opposite of the rising tide raises all boats with Taylor gone. What if they can't move down the field and those scoring opportunities aren't there. What if it's early Justin Fields. What if I'm completely wrong on his floor and it's a low passing and the rushing just isn't there and they can't score.
Speaker 1: It's possible. I mean Justin Fields was not fantasy startable no for a long time, like I don't know, twenty games of his career. Yep, So yeah, that is a possibility. Okay, Brian, I'm gonna try it again. What player might you be wrong about?
Speaker 4: I'm worried I might be wrong about George Kittle, who is being drafted his tight end five to five right now. And I am totally out on Kittle at that price. He certainly closed the last season he was the top tight end over the last four games. Last year, he scored seven touchdowns, was a league winner. But he hasn't played a full season since twenty eighteen. Just and he's had these big spike weeks, but his nonspike weeks are absolutely killer. He's not the most consistent player. It's either it's all or nothing with Kittle, and he's always He's just such a good all around football player, blocker, stuff like that, that he gets these injuries that other tight ends don't. So I could be wrong about George Kittle. I've been out on him though as a tight end five. I'm avoiding him at that price tag. So a player I could be wrong about, But again I hope I'm not.
Speaker 1: I just looked up justin fields first fourteen games he threw I believe that is eight touchdowns is in the first fourteen games? That is you know your runhing's gotta be good.
Speaker 3: I mean for the Colts, what is like that the Colts after cuts have three wide receivers on roster. What if Michael Pittman gets hurt and they don't have Jonathan Taylor, that offense might be sun cool.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not fair. You can't count week one because that was like the Monsoon game.
Speaker 1: I remember, I was not that was not in that that was that was Yeah, this goes back a little further than but you're right, we're and I'm like, kind of well, no, that isn't that he threw two in that game? Actually that gave him to him. That makes no sense out of that game. Yes, it doesn't make any sense. The Monsoon game. That was awesome.
Speaker 4: That a great defense in a Monsoon Soon.
Speaker 1: He threw two when he ran one because remember him sliding into the end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they won that game too.
Speaker 1: He did win that game as massive underdogs in that game, that felt like such a sure thing for the Niners. That's why football is great.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 1: You know what else is great? The Vikings offense potentially phenomenal. Right, if Jordan Addison is a big step up over where Adam Feelen was at that stage of his career.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know if you've heard this. I heard a rumor he's like a second justin Jefferson.
Speaker 1: I heard that on this show. There was a show I was listening to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the coach I heard about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if Alexander Madison rises to the occasion and plays the best football of his career as the Vikings workhorse running.
Speaker 3: Back Peyton hillis here, maybe it's possible.
Speaker 1: I feel like the guy I've seen is just just a guy. He's just averag enifl running.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's been volume dependent, he.
Speaker 1: Very volume dependent, and he's been also Lions dependent, where he's rushing stats against Detroit throughout his career. Maybe he's just been lurking waiting to be a bellcow back and it's all gonna come together. I haven't. I have not ranked him that way. I don't have him for really any of my fantasy teams because I think I think there's gonna be some ty Chandler mixed.
Speaker 3: In there a lot more than people think.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but maybe he does. Uh do you have any left, Scott?
Speaker 3: I have one left? Okay, I have one left. I feel like this guy this I flipped it. The other two were people who I've been in on, and maybe I'm wrong. This is one who I have not drafted anywhere. I've been completely out on. I think he's Alexander Madison ish. I completely fade him. Nagee Harris, Okay, I've just never been I'm not in on him. I feel like Jalen Warren looks like a bet back. We talked about Jalen Warren so much last year. I really like the way he looks on the field. I still want him to happen, maybe kind of like Fetch from Make Fetch Happen. But Harris seems so pedestrian. He rarely has long runs, He's not explosive. He has trouble gaining into the four yards per carry range, didn't do it in his first two seasons. It all seems on volume. But what if I'm wrong? What if that three hundred plus touch volume with forty to seventy catches stays. What if Tomlin is like I like Bell cow backs and that's what I do, and we're gonna stick it with you. Nause hairis. The offense definitely seems much better in preseason and pick it appears to have made the leap. What if there's more opportunities. But if there's more opportunities for touches, catches, and touchdowns, of which he had ten each of the first two years of his career.
Speaker 1: Steelers put a first round pick into their offensive line.
Speaker 3: Absolutely yeah, what if there's just more possible, more high efficiency opportunities for Najie Harris this year and he gets all those touches again. What if I'm wrong? What if it's just the third year of what he's done for two years in a better offense?
Speaker 1: All right, Brian, what are you laying awake nights worried you got wrong?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not worried about this. I know Thor would be worried about this. If we are, we would both be very worried if we were wrong about Evan Hole, especially over the last two weeks. Rookie running back for the Colts of course, Yeah, vaulting up ADP. Yeah, the writing was on the wall, has been on the wall for a while that Jonathan Taylor was not going to be a Colt. He still is a Colt. Put as we talked about earlier, he's on the pup list. They'll miss the first four games. But what if it's Deon Jackson who is the guy or charge? What if it's Zack Moss who is the.
Speaker 1: Running back and to roster jack Mos goes berserk.
Speaker 4: Now, I know that keeps me up at night, But I've been smashing the draft button on Evan Hole over the last few weeks. When Dion Jackson is there. Zack Moss has certainly been there. But I'm just essentially all in on Evan Hull at this point. But his past catching upside is just so intriguing and he is built for short yardage situations. But it could be the Deon Jackson show. But he seemed to fizzle out last year. But we shall see. I could be wrong about Evan Hall and Thorne could be wrong to him.
Speaker 1: My worries is going to take time for him to get on the field.
Speaker 3: I do like Evan Hall too, but like Beijeon, he's third on their depth chart. First on their depth chart, Zach Moss.
Speaker 1: Zack Moss. I know nobody's drafted Zach Moss at all.
Speaker 3: As Brian mentioned, I'm just letting you know he is first on the depth chart.
Speaker 1: What if I'm wrong about Packers quarterback Jordan Love, and I mean that in the opposite way. What if he's totally non functional. What if it's a disaster. What if Brian general manager Brian Gudukunz is only in this position because he's got to defend that first round pick from a couple of years ago. What if what if Aaron Rodgers was the glue keeping this entire offense together, and the entire Packers offense just dissolve around him. We know that he's got some arm talent, we know he's got some mobility. But what if Jordan Love is a cannot be a decision maker? What if he what if he withers under pressure? What if the bad accuracy stays as bad as it's always looked in every opportunity we've seen him. There's a chance Jordan Love is completely non functional and this Packers offense just goes belly up? Then what.
Speaker 3: Then we're all drafting Packers too high. I'm actually not really drafting too many Packers that they're values.
Speaker 1: But it could be. It could happen that way, Christian Watson, might you know, might end up being fools gold for all we know. You know, we don't know for sure.
Speaker 4: I'm bloated on Packers, so you better be wrong there, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't wish bad things on anybody, not even a team that's enjoyed thirty years of Hall of Fame quarterbacking. Not that I'm fitter about it as a Minnesota Viking fan. Final segment coming up, A Fantasy football weekly gonna break down the Thursday Night game FFW style with letter grades on every meaningful player, and reveal our final sleepers of the year. Stay tuned Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Georgie and Scott Fish. Brian Johnson with you next time we talk. There's gonna be an NFL regular season game in the books.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable, So very thankful for that. It's been a long long The offseasons get longer every year.
Speaker 1: It seems like we are ready to go and it's a game.
Speaker 3: Two enjoyable offenses.
Speaker 1: Normally we don't like interrupt each other's matchups very much, but because we only got one to do in the show, and we got a whole segment to do what, I encourage you to jump in whenever you want. Detroit taking on Kansas City on Thursday. This is the team that allowed the most Fantasy points to opposing passers against the team that allowed the second most points to.
Speaker 4: Opposing pass A point orgy.
Speaker 1: It was a bit of a point orgy. Now there are some differences here. Kansas City's past defense got a lot better at the end of the season and into the playoffs, in no small part because Treent mcduffey got a lot better as the season went on. And also Detroit has completely revamped their secondary, and so there's that as well. So let's talk it through. I'm gonna start the Lion side. Jared goff sizzling. At the end of last year final seven games. He was averaging two hundred and eighty five yards and two touchdowns per game. That is a positive. I like the upgrades and Sam Laporta and Jamier Gibbs, but do you guys think those guys are gonna pay dividends right here? Week one, Sam Laporta, Jamier Gibbs minimally mm hmm. That's kind of my feeling too. In last year's seventeen regular season games, only one starting quarterback failed to score multiple touchdowns against the Chiefs, although some of those were rushing in there as well. And Kansas City gave gave up exactly one passing touchdown per game in their final six games all the way to the Super Bowl. So, as I mentioned, they got a lot better at the end of the year and end of the playoffs. Kansas City returns the exact same secondary pending Lagerius sneeds help help their cornerback he may not play in this game. And now at this point it looks like Chris Jones is definitely not gonna play in the game. If he's signed a contract right this minute, I don't know how available you'd be. So those are some reasons for optimism on Jared Goff, and I'm giving him a B grade in this game along with the B grade and one of my favorite players in this draft cycle, and that's i'man ross Aint Brown. One hundred and forty targets last year as Jared Goff's favorite receiver by a mile, got tacked, as Brian noted earlier in the show Inside the three yard Line a bunch of times as well, or his numbers overall would have been even better. He ran from the slot on sixty percent of his routes last year, and normally that would put him up against lagerious need, but he's got the knee problem. I think they're gonna move cornerback Trent McDuffie to just basically cover him, shadow him. I'm on Ross Saint Brown in this whole game, and McGuffey. McDuffie was very good as a rookie and got better. It will likely get better this year McGuff McDuffie's games as a slot starter. I went and logged those. He averaged forty seven receiving yards allowed and point three touchdowns per game. That's you know, that's that's pretty good. And I'm on Ross Saint Brown's gonna do better than that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, Amanra is probably better than any of the slot receivers that guy faced.
Speaker 1: Very possible, so I still would be great, And I'm on Rossaint Brown.
Speaker 4: Wait, are the Chiefs one of the sixteen teams that drafted a wide receiver. I'll get a check on that real quick.
Speaker 1: I'll get back to are the Lions? Yeah the chief Yeah, you're exactly right. Absolutely, Let's go to David Montgomery. It's not sexy, but I expect him to get more touches than Jamier Gibbs does in Week one. I'm a little worried that the Chiefs only allowed two rushing touchdowns in their last ten games of last year, including the playoffs. Now again, if defensive tackle Chris Jones doesn't play, I gotta like the inside running game better for the Lions. So we'll go b Grade and Montgomery. If Chris Jones does not play, and a C grade if he does. Jones known for his pass rush as an interior pass rusher, but he was also Pro Football Focus is seventh best run stuffing defensive tackle last year. I mean, Chris Jones is awesome at everything. So again, B grade without Joones. C grade for David Montgomery if Jones plays, all right, how about Jamier Gibbs. You drafted him in like the third round. You want to start him right here. Chiefs allowed the most running back receptions and the fourth most running back receiving yards last year, so I like that. I don't think he scores in this game, but I think he cobbles together. What do you think, like five receipts five receptions for Jamier Gibbs, maybe forty receiving yards, Maybe forty rushing yards for Jamior Gibbs. So maybe he gets around you like ninety yards. I don't think he scores. That gives you, you know, somewhere in the neighborhood of about fourteen PPR points, So we'll go.
Speaker 3: Low inflex Well, I mean that's actually not bad. Fourteen. Yeah, we like that.
Speaker 1: That would be a B grade. I'll give him a secret in this one because I'm a little bit worried about his first NFL game. I got Sam Laporta on the bench. I think he likely starts here. But we always worry about production from Ricky tight ends, and the Chiefs are very good against tight ends last year. Get this, including their playoff run. Only three tight ends topped forty eight yards against the Chiefs all of last year. That was whatever nineteen games and only one top forty eight yards in the final fourteen games of last year. Sam Laporte is on the bench.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry to report that the Chiefs are not one of these sixteen teams that drafted a wide receiver before a'man Rossaint Brown the most recent receiver drafted before him with pick one oh nine. A'mnra went pick one to twelve Dez Fitzpatrick to the Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Titan A disasters. DESI that one.
Speaker 4: Now, out of these sixteen receivers drafted before Sun God, you can justify two, maybe three Jamar Chase, Jalen Waddle, maybe DeVonta Smith. Those are the top three wide receivers drafted that year. But then it was uh it was but Darius Tony was drafted as the fourth wide receiver about the Giants. So that's like somewhat of a spike game.
Speaker 5: He wanted.
Speaker 4: You want to show up Tony, Yeah, if he plays, I'm sure you're going to get to that in a second. Are going to get to that in a second.
Speaker 1: We should imagine for people who don't know, I'm on Rossaint Brown has memorized every team and player at his position that was drafted before him, and he's got a grudge against those teams and players.
Speaker 3: And literally memorized. He's rattled him off off the top of his head in order before.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the camp. Oh, by the way, Marvin Jones is I looked by the way he played with jacksonvill last year he played against Kansas City. One catch, Barbon Jones, We're not going to go there. Josh Reynolds were also not going to go there, pending. We just were gonna find We're gonna find better matchups than this one Kansas City. Obviously, Mahomes and Kelsey are automatic A grades virtually every week and they are here too. Fantastic positive matchup overall for both of them. Let's stick with the passing game. Sky Moore, I feel like this is the one receiver that I'm willing to roll the dice on into one.
Speaker 3: I came drafting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, barely on the field last year, but did manage a touchdown on his only catch in the Super Bowl, So one catch, one touchdown. Most people, including Scott and I for sure, think that the sophomore evolution is going to hit for Sky Moore. I think he's going to take over most of Juju Smith Schuster's routes and he's just more explosive and he's a better downfield receiver than Juju Smith Schuster was. So I'm really intrigued here. Now, the Lions did a massive makeover of their secondary. They brought in three new starting quarterbacks cornerbacks Cameron Sutton, Emmanuel Moseley, Chauncey Gardner Johnson. They're all solid, but there was a reason they were available. They're not great corners, but they're better than what the Lions have been trotting out for the last I don't know decade at cornerback. So an upgrade here. I wanted to give skymore B grade. I can't quite get myself to do it. I'm gonna go se grade because there's still a lot of unknowns that he was so lightly used last year.
Speaker 3: If only there was something in between those two.
Speaker 1: And sadly there's not. And how about no letter that appears between B and C?
Speaker 3: What if I do remind you that Skymore wears my number twenty four?
Speaker 5: Oh? Does that help?
Speaker 1: Like scooperfish twenty four?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Does that push him up?
Speaker 1: That does? Kadarius Tony coming off a knee injury. I'd only consider him if he's completely off the injury report and you decide that you want to take a flyer. I do like the matchup against that secondary. But the Tony thing is so fluky, and they use him in such weird gadgety ways that I don't know that you can get consistent production. I feel like Cadarius Tony just the dart throw and that's it.
Speaker 4: What if he had a toe injury and a knee injury, that would make perfect sense.
Speaker 1: For carry's toe knee? I like where you're going with that. Wow, Isaiah Pachecko quietly. The Lions allowed the second fewest running back fantasy points last year. Really yeah, but they gave up four point eight yards per carry. But they just didn't give up touchdowns. They gave up the fifth oh and the fifth most rushing touchdowns. You know what they didn't give up. It was receptions to run backs. That's where the Lions were shockingly competent. But for Pacheco doesn't matter because he doesn't catch much anyway. I think this is a B grade on a guy that's going to get virtually all the carries. He's not going to get the receptions. We already knew that going in. Lions gave up the fewest running back receptions and the fewest running back receiving yards. So there you go, Isaiah Pachecko B grade and which should be a solid rushing game and he's not gonna help you out for PPR. But you knew that. That's okay? What do you think? And by the way, that puts Jerick McKinnon in bench territory because the Lions were so good at that particular element. I think we're gonna find somebody else jack McKinnon on the bench in this game.
Speaker 3: Interesting red hot down the stretch last year. Of course, you've just drafted your team. You're probably not putting your sixteenth round pick into the starting lineup.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Probably not, probably not.
Speaker 3: All right, let's unveil some of our sleepers what about Travis Kelcey didn't.
Speaker 1: Hey automatically, Gary, but I have to expand on Mahomes or Kelsey. You just start these guys every week.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know I was. I was gonna bench Mahomes for Anthony Richardson just to.
Speaker 1: You might actually the way you're talking about Richardson now, love, I would. All right, let's get to our final Sleepers of the year. Finally stops of the year. Scott, you want to start.
Speaker 3: I am going to go back to a little bit. You know a guy I talked about a bunch of times last year. I still really like him, and it kind of goes to the what if I'm wrong segment because I think I'm right on this one. I'm going to Jalen Warren, running back for the Pittsburgh Steelers, who, once again I feel like I'm just trying to make him happen. But he's going in the thirteenth round. He's the clear backup for an offense on the rise. I don't like the guy in front of him. Jalen Warren has looked good in preseason. He's averaged and last year, compared to Naji Harris, he averaged over a yard per carry more than Naji Harris. He averaged over two yards per a reception more than Naji Harris. He had more explosive plays I believe last year than Naji not just did last year, but in the last two years. And he just looks like a better running back, looks more explosive. This season, he split first team snaps in the five Pittsburgh Steelers drives fifty seven percent to Nase forty three percent to Jalen Warren. If that split even comes close to holding, he's going to be a steal in the thirteenth round. And if anything happens to Naji Harris wheels up. I saw someone compare this to Elliott and Pollard last year that that could be what is I will take the Pollard Jalen Warren size.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially thirteen rounds later.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm taking that, yep. Jalen Warren.
Speaker 1: All right, Brian, give us your final sleeper of the preseason.
Speaker 4: I'm going super deep with a tight end sleeper. It's Miami's Durham smythe Wow Smite is deep smithe Tyson.
Speaker 3: For those drafting in your twenty team leagues this week, I'm just kidding I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: Smythe could turn out.
Speaker 1: Just did a twenty draft last night. Durham Smite did not get drafted.
Speaker 4: Well he should have, because really everyone is excited about this Dolphins offense, presuming Tua stays healthy. They were top seven in pass play percentage last year. But the only pass catcher is getting drafted are Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle. There's no wide receiver three getting drafted. No one's drafting Durham Smythe, but why not. Smith has never been the guy tight end. It's always been Mike A. Sicki wasn't Adam Troutman. It doesn't even matter that their other tight end he's out of town. So Smythe is clearly the guy. When given a chance, he's been productive, averaging nine plus yards per catch. Overall, Miami's tight ends did not post impressive numbers last year, but again, two only played in roughly eleven games. There was turmoil at the quarterback position, and also last season, Mi Kasicki had more targets inside the twenty than Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle. Kasiki had fifteen targets inside the twenty. Hill had nine, Waddle had eight so Miami went to the tight end in the red zone, and again Smith is the only guy essentially at tight end for the Dolphins, an offense that everyone is excited about, but they're only drafting outside of the running backs Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle. I think we might be overlooking a diamond in the rough in smythe Tyson. I just like saying, smithe Tyson.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's time for Sam Howell.
Speaker 4: Is that Sam Howley's music.
Speaker 1: We've talked about him every show, but I have I need to formally anoint him as one of my sleepers. You guys have already heard the rationale. He's the perfect kind of guy that you want to throw a fourteenth round pick on, which is where he's going right now. He's got the mobility, he's got the big arm. If at all clicks together for Sam Howell, the upside is ridiculous. We love the budding connection with Jehan Dotson, burgeoning connects with j Han Dotson. Downfield, Howell's gonna run, you know, like thirty forty fifty yards a game. He's gonna connect on some of those deep passes. I love him here also just gonna empty my notebook. Why not, it's our last show. Taj Spears top ten running back if anything happens to Derrick Henry and maybe even he might even be better than Derrick Henry this year. How about a little Gabe Davis who was going in the fourth round last year going in the eighth round this year. Sean Tucker in the one two punch for the Hey.
Speaker 4: I used Tucker last year?
Speaker 1: We did you?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: And what about Isaiah Hodgins Love Isaiah Hiyah Hodgins another one of my favorite late round sleepers, giants outside receiver. All those guys some of my favorite late round drafters. Thank you for listening all preseason. Next week, Fantasy Football Weekly will be back breaking down every matchup on the slate Fantasy Football Weekly style letter, grades and all your favorite players. And please consider joining a Guillotine league. It's the most fun, unique way to play fantasy football. You've been playing the same way all these years. Guillotine Leagues totally new and also my cheet sheet available for free Guillotine Leagues dot com. Talk to you to week everybody, Bye bye. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.